Skip to content

英美剧电影台词站

波士顿法律(Boston Legal)第3季第24集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Posted on July 8, 2024 By taiciben_script_user No Comments on 波士顿法律(Boston Legal)第3季第24集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
时间 英文 中文
[00:36] The district attorney is holding to murder one, 地方检察官仍然坚持谋杀罪
[00:38] so any chance of a plea is… 因此任何抗辩的机会都…
[00:41] not that either of you seemed willing to entertain one. 你们俩看起来都不想要开玩笑
[00:44] The more demoralizing news is, 更沮丧的消息是
[00:47] we don’t think that we can win this. 我们认为我们可能赢不了
[00:51] What do you mean? 你什么意思?
[00:52] Mr Crane, uh… Crane先生,嗯…
[00:54] Tell him what you mean. I already know. 告诉他你什么意思。我已经知道了
[00:57] The prosecution has just presented us with another piece of evidence they intend to submit. 检察官刚给我们展示了他们将要提交的另外一份证据
[01:01] 3 days before your father’s death, 你们父亲去世的3天前
[01:03] Dr Jacob Levine, you were both seeing this psychiatrist? Jacob Levine医生, 你们俩都看这个精神科医生?
[01:06] But our mother was making us go. What about him? 是我母亲让我们去的。他怎么了?
[01:09] As a result of your last session, 你上次庭审的结果是
[01:11] the doctor reported to the police that in his opinion, both you, Michael, and Edward 这名医生给警察做报告表达了他的观点,你们俩,Micheal,还有Edward
[01:15] posed a grave threat to your father’s life. 对你们父亲的生命表现出极大的威胁
[01:17] In short, he feared that you would try to kill him. 简而言之,就是他害怕你们会把他给杀掉
[01:22] We’ll try to suppress this, but 我们试着阻止这些,但是
[01:24] we need to seriously consider changing our plea. 我们需要认真考虑改变我们的抗辩请求
[01:27] To what? 变成什么?
[01:29] Not guilty by reason of temporary insanity. 由于暂时性精神错乱的原因而无罪
[01:32] Your father abused you, so 你父亲虐待你们,所以
[01:33] we could go with the, uh, Menendez brothers defense. 我们可以采用Menendez兄弟抗辩的形式 (注:Menendez兄弟事件,1996年,美国的Lyle和Erik Menendez兄弟用霰弹枪杀害了他们的父母,被指控为一级谋杀。)
[01:37] They lost. 他们输了
[01:38] But we didn’t do it. We didn’t kill him. 我们不能这么做。我们没有杀他
[01:40] Sometimes it’s not so much about the truth as what the prosecution can prove. 有时候检察官想要证明的与真相无关
[01:45] And in this case, 在这个案子
[01:47] it’s Mr Crane’s and my collective judgment that they will be able to prove you guilty. 这是Crane先生和我一起判断他们是能够证明你们有罪的
[01:56] Look, I don’t care what they say. I, I don’t care what you say. 我不管他们说什么,也不管你们说什么
[01:58] We did not kill our father. 我们没有杀我们的父亲
[02:00] And I’m not gonna stand up in court and say that we did. 我们想站在法庭上说我们杀了
[02:02] It didn’t happen. 这是没有的事
[02:05] If we should lose, and it’s our belief we will, 如果我们这样输了,我们的信念也输了
[02:10] you both will spend the rest of your natural lives in prison with no possibility of parole. 你们俩也将会在监狱度过余生,毫无假释的机会
[02:19] We go to trial. 我们上法庭吧
[02:21] Edward, is this what you want, as well? Edward, 这也是你想要的, 是吗?
[02:27] Yes. 是的
[02:30] – Alan… – Then we go to trial. – 那我们上法庭 – Alan…
[02:39] It occurs to me that if we should lose, 对我而言如果我们输了
[02:42] I will no longer be undefeated. 我将不再是不败的了
[02:45] Thank you, Denny. 谢谢, Denny.
[02:46] I can always count on you to remind me of the bigger picture. 我经常靠你来提醒我这种大场面
[02:49] And it’s not so much about their lives as… – 这无关他们的生命作为… – 我的遗产
[03:24] We’re now being told the trial will not start this morning. 我们现在得知庭审不会在今天早上开始
[03:27] Instead, the defense has brought a last-minute motion to suppress evidence, 相反,抗辩方在最后时刻提出动议来阻止证据
[03:30] allegedly a doctor’s report concerning. 据称是一名医生的相关报告
[03:34] Please excuse us. I have no comment. 不好意思,无可奉告
[03:36] I have a comment. 我说一句
[03:37] Check out my web site, dennycranelaw. com. 登陆我的网站,dennycranelaw.com
[03:40] I also have a blog on MySpace. Tell your daughters! 我在MySpace也建有博客,和你们的女儿说一下!
[03:44] It’s doctor-patient privilege, anything these boys said to a therapist. 这两个男孩和那个精神科医生说的一切都是医患之间享有的特权
[03:48] If a doctor fears imminent bodily harm, he can break privilege. 如果医生害怕受到身体伤害的威胁,他可以打破这个特权
[03:51] Yes, to prevent that bodily harm, 是的,避免身体伤害
[03:53] but the exception was never meant to allow 但是这种例外从来都不意味着
[03:55] privileged communications to be introduced in a court of law as evidence against the patient. 允许特权对话被引入到法庭中并作为对病人不利的证据
[04:00] Mr Shore, everything in this report, Shore先生, 这份报告的一切内容
[04:03] I mean, the boys fantasizing about killing their father, 我意思是这两个男孩幻想杀死他们父亲的内容
[04:05] they’ve got a slew of other witnesses to offer the same thing. 他们也有很多其他的证据来表明相同的情况
[04:07] What is so prejudicial about this? 那么这份报告还有什么偏见性问题呢?
[04:09] Because people tend to automatically believe what doctors say. 因为人们倾向于自然地相信医生说的一切
[04:12] How else do you explain 50 million Americans taking needless medications? 要不你怎么解释5000万美国人都在服用毫无必要的药物?
[04:19] No, I’m going to allow the testimony. 不,我还是允许这份证据可以作证
[04:22] Ask that your honor recuse herself. 请求法官把自己撤换掉
[04:25] – Excuse me? – Bad judging. – 不好意思? – 糟糕的法官
[04:28] I will see you and Mr Crane in my chambers, please. 请你和Crane先生到我办公室来单独会面
[04:33] Okay, first, I will not let you turn this proceeding into a joke. 好,首先,我不会允许你把这个诉讼变成一个笑话
[04:37] But, your honor, Denny and I are a comedy team. 但是法官,Denny和我是一个喜剧团队
[04:40] Second, I think that I had better appoint another lawyer to co-counsel. 其次,我想我最好任命另外一个律师作为协理律师
[04:44] This is a murder trial. I think the boys should have separate attorneys. 这是个谋杀案,我觉得这两个男孩应当有各自不同的辩护人
[04:47] We’ve covered this. I have Michael. 我们已经解决了,我是Michael的辩护人
[04:49] – Denny has Edward. – No, it’s the same firm. – Denny是Edward的 – 不行,你们是同一个事务所
[04:51] That’s not co-counseling. You’re not at arm’s length. 这并不是协理辩护。你们并非毫无关联的
[04:54] Our defense is in concert. 我们会相互协调进行辩护
[04:56] I want him off. 我要把他换掉
[04:58] – Why? – Because this is a homicide. – 为什么? – 因为这是起谋杀案
[05:01] And I have a duty to ensure competent counsel for both defendants. 我有责任使得两名被告都得到充分的辩护
[05:06] Do you know who I am? 你知道我是谁吗?
[05:07] Yes, I do. You used to be Denny Crane. 是的,我知道,你过去是Denny Crane
[05:12] I will completely vouch for my co-counsel’s trial skills. 我担保会尽我所能使用协理辩护的技巧
[05:15] Well, you would have to, wouldn’t you? 嗯,你不得不这样,不是吗?
[05:17] Otherwise, your next sleepover might get awkward. 否则,和你一起过夜的人就会很难堪
[05:19] I can do this case. 我能接这个案子
[05:20] I am not gonna have you throwing up inadequate counsel appeals… 我可不想让你这种水平的辩护丢人现眼…
[05:23] That’s not gonna happen! 这绝对不会发生!
[05:26] Could I have a second alone, Denny? Denny,我可以单独谈会儿吗?
[05:28] – With me? – With the judge. – 和我? – 和法官
[05:43] That was uncalled for. 这毫无必要
[05:44] Well, this isn’t fun and games. 嗯,这不是开玩笑也不是游戏
[05:46] Both defendants will be fairly and adequately represented. 两名被告都会得到公平与充分的代理
[05:53] They’d better be. 最好这样
[06:01] For the record, I was sexually attracted to you. 过去,我在生理上被你所吸引
[06:04] Now, not so much. 现在,不会了
[06:18] There’s a smile! 她笑了!
[06:20] She is absolutely precious. 她绝对是个宝贝
[06:23] And cute. Are you sure she’s yours? 还很可爱。你确定她是你亲生的吗?
[06:25] – How’s Denise? – She’s doing great. – Denise怎么样? – 她很好
[06:28] Wow, it’s amazing, I mean, when you think about it. 噢,这太棒了。我意思当你想起这件事
[06:31] We’ve got laws legislating everything in this country, 我们国家所有的一切都有法律管着
[06:34] and yet, they’ll let you parent. 现在法律还让你成了父亲
[06:36] Keep trying, Claire. 接着说啊, Claire.
[06:43] Ready? 准备好了吗?
[06:45] Denny, there’s no time for this. Denny, 我们没时间了
[06:47] Is that what the outside world thinks of me? 这个世界已经这么看待我了吗?
[06:49] That was one very misguided judge’s impression, 这是一个误入歧途的法官的印象
[06:52] and if you want to set her straight, 如果你想改变她的看法
[06:54] more importantly, if you want to save those boys, 更重要的是,如果你想帮这两个男孩
[06:56] and certainly much more important than that, 当然更更重要的是
[06:58] if you want to safeguard your legacy, you need to go try the case of your life, 如果你想维护的尊严,你必须要接这个你一生中难得案子
[07:02] which will never happen with you feeling sorry for yourself! 否则以后你就只能自我遗憾了
[07:06] What’s your name? 你叫什么名字?
[07:10] – Denny Crane. – Who are you? – 你是谁? – Denny Crane.
[07:14] – Denny Crane. – Let’s go. – 我们走 – Denny Crane.
[07:17] Damn right! 太他妈对了!
[07:19] Denny… Denny…
[07:24] Gas. 放个屁.
[07:26] They were pinching me. 太憋了
[07:32] I really, really, really appreciate you taking this time. 我非常非常感谢您抽出时间
[07:36] No big deal. I really, really, really do this for a living. 小事一桩。我真的真的就靠这个活的
[07:40] How can I help ya? 我能帮你什么呢?
[07:42] Well, um, recently I, I went to Las Vegas… 好,嗯,我最进去了拉斯维加斯…
[07:45] Vegas! Love it! Sin city, my second home. 拉斯维加斯!我喜欢! 罪恶之城,我的第二个家
[07:49] Yes. Well, I… 是的,嗯,我…
[07:51] I lost a lot of money there, $80,000 to be exact. 在那我输掉了很多钱,确切说是8万美元
[07:56] I have a gambling problem. 我有赌博瘾
[07:58] I’d say so. The problem is you stink at it. 我说,你很讨厌赌瘾
[08:01] I’d really appreciate it if you wouldn’t be flip about this. 如果你对此不那么轻率我将非常感激
[08:06] I want to sue the casino. 我要起诉赌场
[08:09] No, now gambling is a disease, and the casinos cultivate it. 现在赌博是一种病,赌场滋长了它
[08:14] They gave me a line of credit. 他们给我一个信用界限
[08:17] I don’t even have $80,000 for God’s sakes. 看在上帝的份上,我并没有8万美元啊!
[08:20] Hey, you win some, you lose some. 嘿,时赢时输的嘛
[08:22] Stop it! 打住!
[08:30] I’m very sorry. 非常抱歉
[08:32] When I meet people for the very first time, 当我第一次和别人见面
[08:36] I’m not quite myself. 我并不是真正的我
[08:41] I want to sue. 我想要起诉
[08:44] They, they destroyed me. 他们使我受到损害
[08:57] The barrel point of the gun was flush against the forehead and straight. 发射时,枪管是直正对头部前方的
[09:00] From that, we concluded it wasn’t suicide. 这样我们确定这不是自杀
[09:02] Why, doctor? 医生,为什么?
[09:03] Well, the victim had arms shorter than mine, 嗯,受害人的胳膊比我的还要短
[09:05] and as you can see, in order to get a flush, straight entry, 你可以看到,直接从前方发射
[09:09] I would have to hold the gun in an extremely awkward manner. 我必须用一个很难受的姿势持枪
[09:13] It’s more likely he would hold it like this. 这个姿势会更可能一些
[09:17] What if he held it with two hands? 如果用两个手呢?
[09:20] Then he would have had to use a thumb to squeeze the trigger. 那么他必须用拇指来扣动扳机
[09:23] A print of the index finger was… 这样他的食指…
[09:25] What if Mr Scanlon wanted to make it look like murder? 如果Scanlon先生想让这看起来像起谋杀呢?
[09:27] Wouldn’t he assume the more awkward position? 难道他不会用这种难看的姿势?
[09:31] Maybe, but with shorter arms, a straight entry would be very difficult. 可能吧。
[09:35] This man had beaten his sons and his wife. 这个人曾经打过他的儿子和妻子
[09:37] – Objection. – Allegedly so. – 反对 – 就算不说这个
[09:39] Suppose out of hatred, he wanted to frame them, 或许是除了仇恨之外,他想要污蔑他们
[09:42] or out of guilt, he didn’t want his life insurance policy to be voided, 又或者是出于愧疚,他不想让他妻子的保险单作废
[09:45] which suicide would definitely… 自杀绝对可以…
[09:47] – Objection. Speculation. – Sustained. – 反对。这只是推断 – 反对成立
[09:50] This is a coroner, Mr Shore. Shore先生,他是个验尸官
[09:52] Let’s keep our questions medically based. 让我们基于医学来讨论这个问题
[09:54] You cannot exclude suicide to a medical certainty, can you, doctor? 从医学角度的确定性上看,你并不能肯定排除自杀,你能吗,医生?
[10:02] No. 不能
[10:17] Clarence. Clarence.
[10:19] Hello. 你好
[10:21] Is Alan in? Alan在吗?
[10:22] – Uh, he’s in court. – Oh, dear. – 嗯,他去出庭了 – 哦,天啊
[10:25] Is something wrong? 出什么事了?
[10:27] I have a client who lost a lot of money gambling. 我有个客户在赌场输了很多钱
[10:29] I took the case, though I seem utterly without cause of action, 我接下了这个案子,尽管看起来我完全没有起诉的理由
[10:31] and I’m just a little fraught. 我只是有点担心
[10:39] We have no defense, 我们没有抗辩理由
[10:40] other than to put the boys up there and let them proclaim their innocence. 除了让这两个男孩在那里一再宣称他们是无辜之外
[10:43] And you can put me up there. 你们可以把我也拉进来
[10:44] Yes, but you’re their mother. 是的,但是你是他们的母亲
[10:46] Mrs Scanlon, if you really want to help your sons here, Scanlon女士, 如果你真的想帮助你的儿子
[10:50] our suggestion is that you convince them to go with temporary insanity. 我们的建议是你说服他们说他们是暂时性精神失常
[10:56] I go with it all the time. 我们一直都是这样做的
[10:58] But, but they didn’t do it. 但是,但是他们真的没有做
[10:59] The idea that your husband killed himself… 关于你丈夫是自杀的观点…
[11:02] the angle of the wound… 伤口的角度…
[11:03] But it’s possible. You got them to admit that. 但这是可能的。你也让他们承认了啊
[11:05] Yes, yes, but… 是的,是的,但是…
[11:07] They can’t prove that somebody else didn’t do it. 他们不能证明其他人没有杀他啊
[11:09] There were so many people who hated him. 有太多恨他的人了
[11:11] There is no physical, testimonial or circumstantial evidence 并没有物质上的,经过证明的,符合细节的证据
[11:16] of anybody else being inside that house. 来证明有其他人曾经进入过这个房子
[11:18] What if I said I arrived home with them? 如果我说我和他们一起回来的呢?
[11:23] You already told the police that you were at the dentist. 你已经和警察说你那时候在牙医那里
[11:26] Well, maybe I lied to the police to throw them off track. 嗯,可能是我对警察说谎来保护他们
[11:29] Why would you want to throw the police off track 为什么你对警察撒谎呢?
[11:31] if you thought your sons were innocent? 如果你觉得你儿子无罪的话
[11:33] Maybe I thought that the police were gonna arrest them anyway, 可能我觉得警察无论如何都把他们带走
[11:35] and a mother has to do what she has to to save her children, 母亲会尽自己一切来帮助儿子
[11:37] and in this case, it meant lying to the police. 这里就是说我对警察说谎了
[11:39] – Is that so preposterous? – No. – 这很荒谬吗? – 不是
[11:43] But your dentist will testify that you were at his office. 但是你的牙医会证明你在他那
[11:49] Look, a mother knows. 母亲会知道这些
[11:53] And my sons did not do this. I mean, nobody witnessed this. 我儿子没有做这些。没有人能证明这个
[11:58] Don’t tell me you can’t establish some doubt. 别告诉我说你不能构成一些怀疑
[12:01] It has to be reasonable doubt. 这必须要达到合理怀疑
[12:02] No, it just has to be doubt. 不,这只是必须要达到怀疑
[12:04] It’s your job to make it sound reasonable! 你们的工作就是要让它看起来合理!
[12:05] That’s why I hired you. You’re supposed to be the best! 这就是我请你们的原因。你们应该是要成为最好的!
[12:09] And you, you’re Denny Crane, for God’s sake. 你,看在上帝的份上,你是Denny Crane啊
[12:13] How can you give up? 你怎么能放弃呢?
[12:15] We’re not giving up. 我们不是放弃
[12:16] We will win this trial, Dorothy. 我们会赢的, Dorothy.
[12:20] I guarantee it! 我保证!
[12:25] Sorry. 抱歉
[12:30] When we got to the house, he was lying at the foot of the front stairwell. 我们进入房子的时候,他躺在前面的楼梯脚那里
[12:34] He was dead. 已经死去了
[12:35] Objection! This man’s not a doctor. 反对! 他又不是医生
[12:39] Sit down, counsel. 律师,请坐下来
[12:42] – Denny… – Please continue. – 请继续 – Denny…
[12:45] There appeared to be a single bullet hole to the forehead. 很明显在他的前额有一个子弹孔
[12:48] The defendants were the only other people there. 现场只有被告在那
[12:50] Could you describe their demeanor? 你能描述下他们当时的表现吗?
[12:52] Objection. Is he a psychiatrist now? 反对,他现在又成了精神病医师?
[12:54] Overruled. 反对无效
[12:55] Objection. Are you a judge? 反对。你是法官吗?
[12:56] Mr Crane, take your seat now. Crane先生, 坐下来
[13:00] Stop it. 打住了
[13:02] Did they say anything? 他们说了些什么?
[13:05] They said they came home and found their father dead. 他们说他们回到家就发现他们父亲死了
[13:08] We proceeded to ask them some other questions, 我们问了他们一些其它问题
[13:10] at which point the defendant, Michael Scanlon, asked for a lawyer. 那时候被告 Michael Scanlon向律师求助
[13:14] Did they place the 911 call? 他们打911了吗?
[13:16] No, neighbor, who said he heard a shot. 不是,是听到了枪声的邻居打的
[13:19] You talked to the boys’ mother when she arrived home? 这两个男孩的母亲回家是你和她交谈了?
[13:22] Yes. 是的
[13:23] She told you her husband was involved 她和你说她的丈夫
[13:25] in numerous questionable, if not shady, business deals 牵扯到无数的问题,生意上的
[13:28] and that he’d actually received death threats recently. 而他最近也受到了死亡威胁
[13:31] We concluded she was covering for her sons. 我们认定她是为保护她的儿子
[13:35] You never checked any of this out? 你并没有做仔细检查?
[13:37] I didn’t personally. I’m sure it was ruled out. 我没有亲自检查。因为我确定可以排除其他可能性
[13:39] Because you people never get it wrong? 因为你们从来没有犯过错?
[13:41] – Objection. – Withdrawn. – 反对 – 收回问话
[13:42] A witness reported a blue car speeding away shortly after the gunshots were heard. 有名证人报告说听到枪声后很快就看到一辆蓝色的小车迅速离开
[13:47] Speeding down the street, not necessarily from the house. 迅速开到街上,并不必然意味着是从那间房子开出来的
[13:50] But it could have been from the house? You can’t rule that out? 但也有可能是从那间房子出来的? 你不能排除这个吧?
[13:53] We never located the car or driver, so… 我们并没有对这辆小车或司机进行定位, 所以…
[13:55] You can’t rule it out? 你不能排除这个吧?
[13:58] I suppose not. 我认为不能
[14:02] You can’t sue a casino for a gambler losing money. 你不能因为赌徒输钱而起诉赌场
[14:06] Well, we sort of did. 嗯,在一定程度上我们要起诉
[14:08] What? 什么?
[14:09] If, if they’re sending somebody, they must be willing, on some level, to settle. 如果,如果他们促使某人做这种事,他们一定希望,在某种程度上,来解决问题
[14:13] First of all, you’re not a lawyer here. You’re an assistant. 首先,你不是这里的律师,你只是个助理
[14:17] And you, 而你
[14:18] certainly you have enough experience to recognize a legitimate cause of action. 当然你有足够的经验来确定法律上起诉的理由
[14:23] We’ll try to settle it quickly. 我们会尝试尽快解决
[14:24] If they offer you so much as an Indian-head nickel, you take it. 如果他们愿意赔偿高达5分钱,那你赶紧接受吧
[14:32] Jerry, how could you possibly take this case? Jerry, 你怎么可能会接这个案子呢?
[14:34] She was an extremely nice lady. 她是个非常好的女士
[14:39] I didn’t meet her. 我没有与她会面
[14:50] Why do you get to cross-examine everyone? 为什么你对每个人都要质证?
[14:52] Your turn is coming up soon, Denny. 很快就要到你上场了, Denny.
[14:54] – I’m not here to spectate, you know. – I understand that, – 你知道我在这不只是个看客 – 我明白
[14:57] but as much as everything is about you and your legacy, 出了关于你和你的遗产之外
[15:01] we also have two boys whose lives are at stake. 我们还有两个命在旦夕的男孩
[15:03] – So better to let you do it all? – No, that’s not… – 所以最好由你全部代劳? – 不,不是这样的…
[15:06] You know, last week, when Shirley was so upset about me killing the duck, 你知道,上周Shirley很不爽我杀死那只鸭子
[15:09] and we talked about how my silliness is more about getting attention 我们谈到我的糊涂很大程度是要通过吸引别人注意
[15:13] to distract me from what I’ve become. 来使我变得不再是真正的我
[15:17] You talked about that with Shirley? 你和Shirley谈这个了?
[15:21] Yeah. 是的
[15:23] Why didn’t you talk about that with me? 你怎么不和我说呢?
[15:25] I don’t know. 不知道
[15:28] So you’re running around sharing your feelings with others now? 那你现在是和别人分享你的感受了?
[15:31] I’m not running around. She came into my office. 我没有,她来我办公室了
[15:34] And you felt compelled to open up to her. 你感觉到你要对她开启心门
[15:36] Look, I thought if I were vulnerable, she’d have sex with me. 我认为如果我受到伤害的话,她就会和我上床
[15:41] I don’t have that agenda with you. 和你就不可能有这个
[15:45] Fine. 好
[15:46] Oh, Alan, for God’s sakes… Alan, 看在上帝的份上…
[15:49] Alan, this came for you special delivery, marked “personal”. Alan, 这是给你的快递, 标注着“私人物品”
[15:53] Thank you. 谢谢
[15:55] Uh, do you know anything about the gaming industry? 你对赌博产业有所了解吗?
[15:59] I have a case against a casino. 我有个起诉赌场的案件
[16:01] Well, I know a fetching young woman 嗯,我认识个迷人的年轻女士
[16:03] who used to concierge for some of the Russian high rollers. 过去曾经看管过一些俄罗斯大赌场
[16:08] She knows all the casinos’ little secrets. I’ll get her number for you. 她知道赌场的一些小秘密。我把她的号码给你
[16:12] Thank you. 谢谢
[16:17] – What the hell is this? – What? – 什么鬼东西啊? – 怎么?
[16:20] Nothing on it. 没写有东西
[16:22] Oh, my God. 哦,天啊
[16:23] What? What is it? 什么?这是什么?
[16:25] A used condom. 一个用过的安全套
[16:27] What? 什么?
[16:29] Not mine. 不是我的
[16:30] Why would somebody send me a used condom? 怎么会有人给我寄这个呢?
[16:37] The stationery’s watermarked. 这张信纸有水印
[16:41] It’s got that medical insignia on it, the staff with the snake. 得用药物才能显现出来
[17:02] Sometimes it’s nothing more than fantasy. 有时候出了幻想之外就没有任何东西
[17:05] As a therapist, you try and develop a feel for distinguishing. 作为医生,你需要试着建立起一种感觉来区分这些
[17:08] In this case, the threat seemed real, doctor? 这个案子中,这种威胁看起来是真实的吗,医生?
[17:11] Well, the hatred that both of them exhibited for their father was so profound, 嗯,两个人表现出来对他们父亲的仇恨的非常深刻
[17:15] especially Edward’s, and they were suddenly talking about an end date. 尤其是 Edward’s, 而他们都突然谈到了最后的日期
[17:18] – An end date? – Yes. – 最后的日期? – 是的
[17:20] Both of them separately had made comments about “soon it will be over”. 两人分别对此都谈到“很快就要结束了”
[17:25] That’s a very different thing from “one day I’ll run over him with a pickup truck”. 这与“有一天我会开个卡车把他撞死”这种说法有很大不同
[17:29] If it was just idle fantasy, 如果这只是个毫无意义的幻想
[17:31] and it turns out my clients had no real intention of killing their father, 其实我的当事人并没有真正意图去杀死他们的父亲
[17:35] would that shock you? 这会让你很震惊吗?
[17:36] Shock me? No. 震惊? 不会
[17:38] But the coincidence might shock me. 但是这种巧合可能会让我震惊
[17:40] Here I’ve got two patients who I’m fairly certain are gonna kill their father. 我这有两个病人,我确定他们会杀死他们的父亲
[17:45] The father ends up shot in the head. 而他的父亲就死于枪杀
[17:47] If they didn’t do it, 如果不是他们干的
[17:48] the coincidence is kind of shocking, don’t you think? 这种巧合就是震惊,你不觉得吗?
[17:53] Smart boys? 聪明的男孩?
[17:56] Excuse me? 抱歉?
[17:57] Do these boys strike you as intelligent? 这两个男孩的聪明打动你了吗?
[18:00] Actually, very intelligent. 确实,非常聪明
[18:01] Do they seem like they want to spend the rest of their lives in prison? 他们看起来想要在监狱度过余生的样子吗?
[18:04] No. 不是
[18:05] So if they really did plan to murder their father, 所以如果他们真的想计划杀死他们的父亲
[18:09] does it make sense that they would say that, not only to you, but to others? 他们和别人说这件事而不只是和你说不是更有意义吗?
[18:17] No, it doesn’t make any sense. 是的,只和我说的话这毫无意义
[18:24] dennycranelaw. com. Pictures, bios, hobbies. dennycranelaw.com. 照片、简介、爱好都有
[18:27] I once captained my own spaceship, multitalented. 我曾经指挥过太空船,天才
[18:34] Denny, that was something! Denny, 有一套啊!
[18:36] I felt. I actually had a little moment in there. 我觉得,事实上我还是能有所作为的
[18:39] I’m not surprised. 我毫无意外
[18:41] A great cross is like sex, man. 成功的质证就跟性爱一样
[18:43] – Did we hear from the lab? – Not yet. – 实验室有消息了吗? – 还没
[18:46] – Do we know who sent it? – I’m getting a pretty good idea. – 知道是谁寄过来的吗? – 我有个很棒的主意
[18:53] Welcome to our conference room. 欢迎来我们的会议室
[18:55] This is attorney Jerry Espenson, and this is the plaintiff Alisa McKenzie. 这是Jerry Espenson律师, 这是原告Alisa McKenzie.
[19:01] Hello. 你好
[19:02] Uh, thank you again for agreeing to meet us, 嗯,再次感谢你同意和我们会面
[19:04] and welcome to our conference room. 并欢迎来我们的会议室
[19:06] You’re too nervous. 你太紧张了
[19:10] Uh, please, sit. 呃,请坐
[19:14] Well, I don’t mean to be disrespectful, but you have no claim here whatsoever. 好,我这不是无礼,但是你们毕竟没有起诉的诉讼请求
[19:18] Yes, well, we believe we do. 是的,嗯,我们相信我们有
[19:21] Your client took all her money. 你的当事人拿走了她全部的钱
[19:23] Yes, casinos like to do that. 是的,赌场都是这样做的
[19:25] You really think that’s fair? 你真的觉得这公平吗?
[19:28] Do I think it’s fair? 我觉得这公平?
[19:33] Okay, Ralph Peters put you up to this, didn’t he? 好吧,是Ralph Peters让你们这样的吧?
[19:36] I should have known. This is a big joke, right? 我就知道,这是个大玩笑,对吗
[19:38] It’s not a joke! My client lost all her virginity. 这不是玩笑! 我的当事人输掉了她的贞操!
[19:43] Money! 钱!
[19:45] What is this? 那到底怎么样?
[19:46] This is a lawsuit, and your client is the defendant, sir. 先生,这是个诉讼,你的当事人是被告
[19:51] Well, you tell Ralph that was very funny. I don’t have time for this. 嗯,你告诉Ralph说的确很好笑,我没有时间玩这个
[20:01] Maybe you didn’t welcome him to the conference room enough. 可能是你欢迎他来我们会议室的时候不能热情
[20:03] Oh, you were great. “She lost all her virginity”. 哦,你做得好. “她输掉了她的贞操”.
[20:06] I’m surprised when he sat, you didn’t welcome him to the chair. 我很惊讶他坐下的时候, 你没有把他带到椅子上
[20:08] If I had, he wouldn’t have heard over all your purring. 如果我这么做的话,他就不会听到你的咕噜声了
[20:10] Oh, I purred twice. 哦,我咕噜了两次
[20:12] So? 怎样?
[20:14] We opened a dialogue. We think we’ll get something. 我们开启了对话. 我觉得我们能得到些东西
[20:16] As much as an Indian-head nickel? 高达5分钱?
[20:19] I’m not happy with either one of you. 我对你们任何一个都很不满
[20:24] You need to go back to the fake cigarette, toothpick thingie or the pipe. 你还是用回你那支假烟,牙签或管子
[20:27] Yeah, and maybe you could dress up as a talk show host! 好,那你穿得跟脱口秀主持人一样吧!
[20:30] That might scare him! 这可能会吓到他!
[20:33] Sorry. 抱歉
[20:35] We’re looking foolish in the eyes of a very senior partner. 在高级合伙人的眼里我们看起来像个傻子
[20:39] Let’s make contact with that friend of Alan’s. 我们和Alan的那个朋友联系吧
[20:44] He’d hit them, beat them. 他打他们
[20:46] Did they ever fight back? 他们还过击吗?
[20:49] Never. They never had a violent reaction whatsoever. 从来没有. 他们根本就没有过暴力的回应
[20:53] The idea that they could commit murder, it, it’s not in those boys. 这两个男孩谋杀的念头是绝对不可能的
[20:57] Did you love your late husband, Mrs Scanlon? 你爱你上一任的丈夫吗, Scanlon女士?
[21:02] I suppose I must have to put up with… 我觉得我们应当…
[21:07] – I, I also hated him. – But you didn’t kill him? – 我,我也恨他. – 但是你没有杀他?
[21:13] – Did the police ever question you? – They did. – 警察问你话了吗? – 问了
[21:16] But you were at your dentist’s at the time of the shooting. 但是枪杀发生时你在牙医那里?
[21:19] – Yes. – We have your word on that, – 是的 – 我们从你牙医那里
[21:21] as well as your dentist’s, I suppose. 也听到了相同的话
[21:25] Uh, I guess so. 嗯,我觉得是
[21:26] What’s your relationship with your dentist? 你和你的牙医关系怎样?
[21:27] Harold Prescott is his name, I believe? 我确信他的名字是叫Harold Prescott吧?
[21:30] – Well, he’s my dentist. – Cleans teeth? – 嗯,他是我的牙医 – 清洗牙齿?
[21:33] The odd cavity, maybe a crown? You two ever make love? 龋齿洞可能是个皇冠吧?你们俩曾经发生过性关系吗?
[21:38] Your honor… 法官…
[21:39] I’m assuming you have a good-faith basis for that last one, counsel. 我假设你对于你上一句问话有充分理由,律师
[21:42] I do, your honor. 我有,法官.
[21:43] A little gift package arrived on my doorstep, 我收到个小礼物
[21:46] sent to me by somebody who works in a dentist’s office. 是在牙医那工作的某个人送给我的
[21:49] The package contained a condom, a used one. 包裹是个安全套,用过的
[21:52] The down-and-dirty DNA analysis, I’m sure there’s a pun in there somewhere, 经过肮脏的DNA分析, 我确定肯定有东西
[21:57] revealed traces of both you and Dr Harold Prescott. 能揭示你和Harold Prescott医生的过往
[22:01] It turns out he’s your lover and a rather nifty alibi 他是你的情人,也是个漂亮的借口
[22:05] should you want to say you were somewhere else around the time 这样你就可以说那时候你在别的地方
[22:08] that your late husband had a bullet put in his head. 当你丈夫头上中了子弹的时候
[22:13] Did you shoot your husband, Dorothy? 你杀了你的丈夫吗, Dorothy?
[22:22] I think I’d like to plead the Fifth amendment. 我要用宪法第五修正案抗辩
[22:29] Funny, the dentist refused to answer our questions, as well, though he did unwittingly provide us with a lovely DNA sample, as did you, Dorothy. 尽管他无意的给我们提供了可爱的DNA样本,你也是,Dorothy
[22:34] Did you kill your husband? 你杀了你的丈夫吗?
[22:36] I’m pleading the Fifth amendment. 我要用宪法第五修正案抗辩
[22:56] You love your sons very much, don’t you, Mrs Scanlon? 你很爱你的儿子,不是吗, Scanlon女士?
[22:59] I said I’m pleading the Fifth. 我说了我要用宪法第五修正案抗辩
[23:02] Yeah. 好吧
[23:03] I’m not gonna incriminate you, ma’am. 这位母亲,我并不是想要控告你
[23:05] You see, we also got a little surprise package delivered to our office, 我们在办公室也收到了让我们惊讶的包裹
[23:09] also a used condom. 也是个用过的安全套
[23:11] It seems someone is out to incriminate you, 看起来是别的其他人想要控告你
[23:15] leaving open the question of how would they get the condoms. 留下了他们怎么弄到这个安全套的问题
[23:18] Or maybe the dentist himself wanted to turn you in. 或许是那个牙医想要把你拉进来
[23:23] Or, maybe… 或者,可能是…
[23:27] you wanted to incriminate yourself. 你想要控告你自己
[23:30] Can we call on Dr Prescott, please? 我们可以传讯Prescott吗?
[23:40] I think you’ll be happy to learn that the doctor was willing to talk to us. 我觉得你会对医生愿意和我们交流感到开心的
[23:43] Your honor, I don’t know what’s going on, but certainly none of this… 法官, 我不知道这是怎么回事,但可以确定的是没有…
[23:45] You opened the door on this, counsel. 律师,这是由你引发的
[23:47] It seems you kind of threw yourself at him 2 days ago. 看起来你们是2天前开始发生关系的
[23:53] Before that, you two had never gotten together. 而在此之前你们并没有在一起
[23:55] A desperate mom trying to collect a little evidence to save your boys? 一个绝望的母亲想要收集点小证据来救她的儿子?
[23:58] Objection. 反对
[23:58] Watermarked stationery, you certainly drew us a neat path. 有水印的信纸, 你给我们画了条路线
[24:01] – Objection! – Overruled. – 反对 – 反对无效
[24:03] We have the parking garage records for the day your husband was killed. 我们有你丈夫被杀时停车场的记录
[24:07] We can verify when you arrived and when you left. 我们可以证明你何时离开与到达
[24:10] We have several witnesses from inside the doctor’s office. 我们也有医生办公室的许多证据
[24:12] You don’t have to plead the Fifth, ma’am. 母亲,你不必用宪法第五修正案抗辩
[24:15] We know you didn’t kill your husband. 我们知道你并没有杀你的丈夫
[24:17] Only thing you have to worry about is maybe a little obstruction of justice. 你需要担心的只是这可能对司法公正会构成一些小阻碍
[24:23] But nice try, mom. 但这是很好的尝试,母亲
[24:38] Oh, I should have known better. It was all much too easy. 噢,我应该要知道更多的,这太随便了
[24:41] Of course you wanted me to accuse you on the stand. 当然你是想要我来控告你
[24:44] This was a stupid idea, 这是个愚蠢的主意
[24:45] made worse by the fact that I didn’t see through it. 使得事实更糟糕了,我不知道该怎么解决
[24:48] I should have gotten a continuance. I knew I was being set up. 我需要一个延期。我知道我被整了
[24:51] How could I not have known it was you? 我怎么会不知道你要这样的?
[24:55] This is a horrendous setback. 这是个可怕的逆转
[25:00] So what happens now? 那现在是怎么样?
[25:06] We put you up there to testify, 我们要让你去作证
[25:09] which ordinarily would be a bad idea, but… 本来这是个坏主意,但是…
[25:16] we’re desperate. 我们绝望了
[25:18] Do you agree, Denny? 你同意吗, Denny?
[25:23] Denny? Denny?
[25:41] Who’s she? 她是谁?
[25:43] She’s wired into some of the casinos, including the Botticelli. 她和一些赌场有联系, 包括Botticelli.
[25:45] Alan put me in touch with her. Alan让我和她联系
[25:47] Excuse me. 不好意思
[25:49] Has she given you anything? 她给你爆了些什么料?
[25:51] We, we don’t know yet. It seems she only speaks Russian. 我们,我们还不知道。看起来她只会说俄语
[25:54] Alan didn’t tell us that. Alan 没有告诉我们
[25:56] She knows everything about how the casinos work. 她知道赌场所有的运作
[25:58] Ah, excellent. 啊,太棒了
[26:00] If only you could understand a word she said. 只要你能明白她说的一个单词的话
[26:07] – Let’s get a translator. – That would be best. – 我们去找个翻译吧 – 这样就最好了
[26:21] Michael and I were going to the cape for the weekend. Michael和我去海边度周末
[26:25] Uh, so we were outside in the driveway packing up the car. 所以那时我们在外面马路上的汽车那整理行李
[26:30] Where was your father? 你们的父亲在哪儿?
[26:31] Inside. 在屋里
[26:33] He w… he got off work at noon, so he was at home already, drinking. 他中午就下班了,所以他已经在家了,喝酒
[26:37] Was he home alone? 他一个人在家吗?
[26:39] We, uh, we assumed. 我们觉得是的
[26:40] I mean, we had just gotten home ourselves, 我是说我们刚刚到家
[26:42] and our stuff was in the garage, so we just started packing, 我们的东西在车库里,所以我们才开始整理
[26:45] and it’s not like we were ever looking for an excuse to go inside, so… 这并不是说我们要找个借口要进去,所以…
[26:50] But at some point, you did go inside, didn’t you, Edward? 但是那时候你的确进去了,不是吗,Edward?
[26:56] Yes. 是的
[27:00] What did you find? 你发现什么了?
[27:06] I know this is difficult, but you need to tell us what you saw. 我知道这很难,但是你需要告诉我们你看到了什么
[27:11] I saw my father on the floor with blood. 我看到我父亲躺在地上,流着血
[27:20] What else? 还有呢?
[27:23] I… 我…
[27:26] I saw Michael, uh, with the gun. 我看到Michael, 呃, 拿着枪
[27:29] – Objection! – I’m sorry, Michael. – 反对! – 对不起, Michael.
[27:33] – Your honor, approach. – Let’s go. – 法官,我要求靠近说话 – 好吧
[27:39] – What the hell are you doing? – It’s every man for himself. – 你到底搞什么鬼? – 人人为己
[27:40] I move for an immediate mistrial. He’s completely blindsided me. 我要立即做出无效审判。他完全暗算我了
[27:43] Hey, I specifically wanted two different firms, 嘿,我曾经特别要求两个不同的事务所
[27:46] but you assured me that you two could work at arm’s length. 但是你和我保证说你们两个可以做到公正
[27:48] Because our defenses were in concert. Now… 因为我们之前的辩护是相互一致的,但是现在…
[27:50] That’s the risk that you assumed, against my advice. 这是你应当想到的风险,不听我的建议
[27:52] – This is a mistrial. – No, you don’t get a mistrial. – 这是个无效审判 – 不是,我不会做出无效审判
[27:55] You can cross-examine, and your guy can tell his story, 你可以进行质证, 你的当事人也可以说他的事情
[27:57] but this trial goes on. 但是审判要继续进行
[27:59] – You’re making a big mistake. – My duty is to my client. – 你犯了个大错误 – 我对当事人负责
[28:02] Then you shouldn’t make an enemy of me. Your client will suffer. 你也不能和我敌对啊,你的当事人会承担结果的
[28:06] Get out of my way. 别挡我道
[28:08] Evidently, I’m not giving interviews at this time. 很明显,我现在不会接受采访
[28:18] How was I? 我的表现怎样?
[28:20] Perfect. 完美
[28:21] Now it’s my turn. 现在到我了
[28:22] Now make sure when Michael accuses Edward 现在要确定Michael控告Edward的时候
[28:25] you go just as nuts as I did, or the DA will figure this out. 你要和我一样抓狂, 否则DA就会发现了
[28:27] Got it. 没问题
[28:28] Denny, not too nuts. Somewhere between anger and… Denny, 也别太抓狂了. 折中下吧,在生气与…
[28:31] Mad cow. 疯牛之间
[28:33] Right in my wheelhouse, man. 一切尽在掌握
[28:39] How did you persuade him to return? 你怎么说服他再来一次的?
[28:41] I just did. Have you got the wooden cigarette? 我就是做到了,你看到我那支木头烟了吗?
[28:43] I’d rather not. It’s important I succeed being me. 没有. 做自己是最重要的
[28:47] What’s happening? 怎么回事?
[28:48] The Russian woman gave us something. 那个俄罗斯女人给了我们一些料
[28:50] We have another settlement meeting setup with the lawyer. 我么和那个律师再开一个协调会
[28:52] Great. I’ll be joining you. 好。我加入你们
[28:53] That won’t be necessary. 不是很有必要吧
[28:55] Oh, but it will. 有的
[29:00] Now you told the police 你告诉警察说
[29:01] that neither you nor Edward had anything to do with your father’s death. 你和Edward都与你父亲的死无关
[29:06] That’s right. 是的
[29:06] And suddenly Edward gets up here and says you did it. 但是Edward突然说是你干的
[29:10] Yes. 是
[29:11] Did that come as a shock to you? 这让你很震惊吗?
[29:13] – Well, not really. – It didn’t? – 并没有 – 没有?
[29:15] Your own brother turning against you? 你的亲兄弟指控你啊?
[29:16] Well, this morning I told Edward that I wasn’t gonna lie anymore, 今天早上我和Edward 说我不能再说慌了
[29:20] that I was gonna come clean, I was gonna tell the truth, so… 我要清白,我要把真相说出来,所以…
[29:23] And what is the truth, Michael? 真相是什么, Michael?
[29:29] Well, basically, it went down exactly as Edward said, 嗯,基本上和Edward说的差不多
[29:32] except I didn’t shoot my dad. 除了他说是我杀死我们父亲之外
[29:34] – Edward did. – Oh, please! – 而是Edward干的 – 噢,拜托
[29:37] Mr Crane… Crane先生…
[29:38] – He’s desperately trying to cast suspicion on my client. – Mr Crane… – 他绝望了,要把怀疑置于我的当事人身上 – Crane先生…
[29:39] You’re the one who resorted to desperation! 你才是那个绝望的人!
[29:41] Hey, both of you be quiet! 嘿,你们两个都给我安静!
[29:42] This man is suborning perjury, your honor! 法官,这个人作伪证!
[29:44] Mr Crane, I will ask you to take your seat now. Crane先生,我要求你坐下来
[29:50] I kind of figured, knowing Edward, that he might try something like this. 我就料到Edward会这样
[29:53] I guess since he was testifying first, 我想是他可以先作证
[29:55] he decided to fire kind of a preemptive strike. 他就抢先来说我
[29:59] Michael, the question becomes “why did you cover for Edward”? Michael, 问题就变成了 “为什么你要包庇Edward”?
[30:07] Because our father was an awful person. 因为我们的父亲是个很糟糕的人
[30:10] He beat us both, and Edward… 他打我们,而Edward…
[30:14] I know he did this for me, in a way. 我知道某种程度他这也是为了我
[30:15] Move to strike. 我们要反驳
[30:16] – On what grounds? – He’s lying! – 你有什么理由? – 他在撒谎!
[30:33] Look, I’ve made our position clear. 我已经把态度表明了
[30:35] It isn’t gonna change because you brought in Shirley Schmidt. 即使你把 Shirley Schmidt拉来也改变不了什么.
[30:40] Mr Weiner, the casinos have it down to a science, Weiner先生, 赌场把怎么样操控顾客
[30:43] how to manipulate the customers. 已经变成了一门科学
[30:45] You said you had something you wanted me to hear. 你说你有些想说给我听的东西
[30:47] So far I haven’t heard it, and I’m becoming increasingly frustrated. 目前为止我没有听到,我越来越沮丧了
[30:51] Could you fill me in? 你能让我听到吗?
[30:55] What is that ridiculous sound you keep making? 你发出是那什么鬼声音啊?
[30:58] – Mr Weiner… – Are you two even real lawyers? – Weiner先生… – 你们两个真的是律师吗?
[31:01] Are you in this with Ralph Peters? I’ll kill him. 你们是不是和Ralph Peters串通好了? 我要杀了他
[31:04] This is a real lawsuit, 这是个真正的诉讼
[31:05] and I would advise you to take it very seriously. 我建议你应当认真对待
[31:07] Oh, please. 哦,拜托
[31:10] There are studies, sir, that link your industry to high rates of divorce. 先生,有研究表明,你们产业与如此高的离婚率有很大联系
[31:14] Studies funded by anti-gaming lobbies. 由反赌博游说组织赞助的研究吧
[31:20] – This woman had no experience. – This woman had luck, unfortunately, bad. – 那个女人没有经验 – 很不幸,那个女人的运气很糟糕
[31:26] 30 million people will visit Vegas casinos alone every year. 每年有3000万人单独来去到拉斯维加斯的赌场
[31:31] – I would like to finish, please. – I’m sorry. You’re done. – 拜托给我说完 – 不好意思,我没法再听了
[31:36] Hey, buddy, he didn’t call you in to say pretty please. 嘿,兄弟,他让你来这里不是让你说的
[31:38] Get your ass back in that chair. 给我滚回你的椅子
[31:42] What? 什么?
[31:43] Your client gave Alisa McKenzie this, a player’s club card. 你的当事人给Alisa McKenzie这个,玩家俱乐部卡
[31:46] You know what it is. 你知道这是什么东西
[31:47] It gives a gambler the sense she’s not spending money so much 这给赌徒一种感觉,让她通过连续地获得额外点数
[31:50] as earning bonus points toward a free rib buffet. 使她觉得没有花掉很多钱
[31:53] Gotta love it. 好喜欢啊
[31:54] You think a jury would look favorably on an industry 你觉得陪审团会倾向这样的一个产业吗?
[31:56] that privately refers to its slots as the crack cocaine of gambling? 这个产业偷偷摸摸通过老虎机让赌徒上瘾
[32:00] Oh, yeah, sure, let’s all cheer for the good guys! 噢,当然是的,让我们为你们欢呼吧!
[32:03] Tell you what. Pick up your phone, give your boss a call. 跟你说,拿出电话,给你老板打电话
[32:04] Ask him about something called enhanced air industries. 问问他什么叫增强型空气行业
[32:08] You know what that is? 你这到这是什么吗?
[32:09] Synthetic pheromones! 合成费洛蒙(又称信息素或性外激素)!
[32:10] It instills a sense of comfort and security. 它逐渐灌输起一种舒适与安全的感觉
[32:13] It’s a synthetic version of the same pheromone released from mothers to newborns. 这是母亲传给婴儿的那种信息素的合成版本
[32:18] Some casinos, including the Botticelli, pump it into their gaming rooms. 包括Botticelli在内的一些赌场都在赌博室中充灌这种气体
[32:22] Don’t you just love that? 你喜欢这个吗?
[32:24] It isn’t enough you ply your customers with free alcohol 你们用穿着清凉的服务员给你们的顾客提供免费酒类
[32:28] delivered by cleavage-bearing waitresses. 这远远不够
[32:30] It’s not enough that gamblers sit on ergonomically designed seats 你们让赌徒坐在人体学设计的座位上,处于时刻让他们兴奋的特制灯光下
[32:34] under lights specifically engineered to keep them alert. 这远远不够
[32:36] It’s not enough you give them chips and betting cards 你们给他们筹码与赌博卡,使得他们即使产生债务也不会接触真实的钞票
[32:39] so they don’t have to touch real cash as they incur real debt. 这也远远不够
[32:41] You have to then gas them with a synthetic pheromone 你们还要用含有合成费洛蒙的气体
[32:44] designed to make them feel happy and secure 这种气体是专门设计用来让他们觉得舒适与安全
[32:46] as they’re losing money they don’t have! 即使他们已经输掉了他们所没有的钱!
[32:48] You have absolutely no scientific proof of that. 你们并没有科学的证明
[32:51] Think not? Well, discovery and experts come with lawsuits, buddy. 你觉得没有? 诉讼总是伴随着研究与专家的
[32:54] We can test the Botticelli air as early as Friday. 我们最早就可以对Botticelli的空气进行检测
[32:59] Give your boss a call, sport. Just say “synthetic pheromones”. 给你老板打电话, 就说”合成费洛蒙”.
[33:03] Let me know how he responds. 然后和我们说他什么反应
[33:09] I’m done being nice here. 我会好好的在这里
[33:11] Pick up your phone. 拿出电话来
[33:27] Michael was always the ringleader, Michael通常都是头目
[33:29] always the one to take matters into his own hands, 通常都是亲自考虑事情的
[33:31] and he’s the one that did so here. 这次也是这样
[33:33] The physical evidence backs up everything that Edward said, everything. 物质上的证据证明了 Edward 所说的一切,一切
[33:37] And did you check out Michael’s demeanor on the stand? 你们看到Michael在座位上的举止了吗?
[33:41] Even, no emotion. 毫无情绪
[33:44] His testimony was tailor-made, crafted, calculated 他的作证是经过排练的、精明的、算计的
[33:47] to counter what Edward said. 来反驳Edward所说的
[33:50] The therapist Dr Levine said Levine医生刚才说
[33:52] Edward’s hatred for his father was especially profound, Edward对他父亲的仇恨非常深刻
[33:56] and did you all happen to notice, 你们都注意到了吗
[33:58] as Michael addressed his younger brother from the witness stand, Michael在证人席上指出他的弟弟的时候
[34:01] Edward could not bring himself to look at him. Edward 都不敢与他对视
[34:04] Perfect. 完美
[34:05] Brother Ed says Mike did it. Brother Mike says Ed did it, 弟弟Ed说是Mike干的. 哥哥Mike说是Ed干的,
[34:09] and you’re left with reasonable doubt for both. 然后你们对两个人都产生合理怀疑了
[34:12] It’s genius. 真是天才
[34:13] If you go back into that room thinking, “I wonder which one did it”, 如果你们回到房间思考, “我不知道是哪一个做的”
[34:17] they both go free. 他们两个都被释放了
[34:19] That’s their strategy. 这是他们的策略
[34:21] There certainly were others who had motive to kill Joseph Scanlon. 肯定有其他人有这个动机要杀死 Joseph Scanlon
[34:24] The police never investigated. 警察却没有做调查
[34:26] A car was seen speeding away from the scene. 曾经有辆车被看到从现场开走
[34:29] They never traced it. They simply arrested the boys. 他们却没有追踪,仅仅是逮捕了这两个男孩
[34:33] ‘Cause it was such a nice, neat, tidy package. 因为这是个好的、简洁的、整齐的提议
[34:36] Boys made the threats. They were at the scene. 这两个男孩很恐惧,在现场
[34:38] Blood was on them, gun with them. 身上又有血、有枪
[34:40] Why bother to investigate? 何必麻烦再做调查呢?
[34:42] It saved a lot of time to simply arrest the boys. 简单地逮捕这两个男孩可以省很多时间
[34:46] And maybe the police got it half-right. 也许警察做对了一半
[34:49] Maybe Edward did it. 可能是Edward干的
[34:50] If anybody, it was Michael! 如果是其他人的话, 那就是Michael!
[34:52] It was both, 是两个人干的
[34:53] and they’re both playing you for idiots. 他们俩拿你们当傻瓜呢
[34:56] You can’t know that it was or wasn’t just one of them. 你们没法知道究竟是不是其中一个人干的
[35:00] And not knowing which one… 也不知道究竟是哪一个人…
[35:02] There’s reasonable doubt for both. 这就是他们两个都有合理怀疑
[35:04] Therefore, under the law, both must be set free. 因此,根据法律,两个都应无罪释放
[35:09] A man was found dead with a bullet in his head. 一个男人被发现头部中弹而死
[35:13] Discovered with the body were his two sons, blood on their hands. 他的两个儿子被发现手上都是鲜血
[35:18] The two people who said they would kill him. 这两个人就是杀人的人
[35:23] Let’s stop wasting time. 别再浪费时间了
[35:32] Before I even slide this over, it’s nonnegotiable. 我们略过这些, 这是不可谈判的
[35:36] Absolutely no admission of liability. 但是绝对不承认有责任
[35:39] If it gets out at all, we’ll revoke it. 如果要求超过这些,我将撤回我的条件
[35:42] – What’s the number? – I’m not kidding. – 多少数目? – 我没有在开玩笑
[35:44] This is as high as I’m authorized. 这是我有权提供的最大数额了
[35:46] You either take it sealed, or else we go to court. 你们要么签收,要么上法庭
[35:49] At which point, we’ll drag it out for light-years. 这样那将是旷日持久的
[35:51] The number? 数目是?
[36:23] We’ll recommend it to our client, and we’ll let you know. 我们会和我们的当事人说,然后再和你联系
[36:27] Thank you. 谢谢
[36:32] Well, very nice result, you guys. 嗯,很好的结果
[36:35] And quite a performance, Jer. 很棒的表现, Jer.
[36:38] Yes. 是的
[36:39] Nice work, Clarence. 干得好, Clarence.
[36:41] You, too, Jer. 你也是, Jer.
[36:46] Oh, God. 噢,天啊
[36:48] – We did it! – Yes, we did! – 我们做到了! – 是的,我们做到了!
[36:58] They sued a casino. 他们起诉一个赌场
[37:01] Well, I’m guessing it went well. 嗯,我猜进展得很好吧
[37:04] That’s your boyfriend in there. 你男朋友在那边吗
[37:07] Does he hop like that with you? 他会对你这样吗?
[37:22] You okay? 你还好吧?
[37:26] We could both win, both lose. 我们要么全赢,要么全输
[37:29] One of us could win. 其中一个会赢
[37:32] The other might not. 另一个就会输
[37:35] Yes, that’s right. 是的,对的
[37:36] You closed better than I did. 你的结案陈词比我的好
[37:39] Your closing was fine. 你结案也很好
[37:46] I don’t think I could take you winning and my losing. 我觉得我没法接受你赢我输
[37:48] Is that a bad thing for me to say? 对我来说这是坏事吗?
[37:50] It’s honest. 很诚实
[37:55] There’s a saying, 有种说法
[37:56] “success is never so sweet as when accompanied by the failure of a friend”. “建立在朋友失败之上的成功并不幸福”
[38:02] Horrible saying. Probably coined in Hollywood. 糟糕的说法,可能在好莱坞行得通
[38:09] I want us to win, too, Denny. 我希望我们两个都能赢, Denny.
[38:13] I believe the boys are innocent. 我相信这两个男孩是无罪的
[38:16] But I especially want us to win for you. 但是我特别希望我们是为你而赢
[38:23] Success could never be sweeter than when shared with… 最幸福的成功莫过于与…
[38:28] A flamingo. 弗拉明戈一同分享
[38:38] You have no idea how desperate I am not to be over. 你不会知道当我没有结束时我有多绝望
[38:45] You think you do, but you can’t possibly know… 你觉得你知道,但是你不可能知道…
[38:50] until you’re there. 直到你已经变成那样
[38:56] Jury’s back. 陪审团回来了
[38:59] Ready? 准备好了?
[39:01] Ready. 好了
[39:02] Pants? 裤子?
[39:03] They’re on. 穿着呢
[39:07] The defendants will please rise. 被告请起立
[39:10] Madam Foreperson, the jury has reached a unanimous verdict? Foreperson女士, 陪审团是否达成一致裁决?
[39:13] We have, your honor. 是的,法官
[39:15] What say you? 请宣读
[39:16] 32666, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts vs Michael Scanlon 32666, 马萨诸塞州诉Michael Scanlon
[39:21] in the count of murder in the first degree. 关于一级谋杀指控
[39:24] We the jury find the defendant Michael Scanlon… 陪审团裁定被告Michael Scanlon…
[39:29] not guilty. 无罪
[39:31] 32667, Commonwealth of Massachusetts vs Edward Scanlon 32667, 马萨诸塞州诉Edward Scanlon
[39:36] on the charge of murder in the first degree. 关于一级谋杀指控
[39:40] We the jury find the defendant Edward Scanlon… 陪审团裁定被告Edward Scanlon…
[39:44] not guilty. 无罪
[39:47] Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, thank you for your service. 各位陪审团成员,谢谢你们的服务
[39:50] You are dismissed. 陪审员解散
[39:53] – We both won. – 我们两个都赢了 – 我们两个都赢了 – We both won.
[39:57] Still undefeated. 仍旧是不败的
[39:59] The legend lives on. 奇迹仍将继续
[40:03] Hey, it worked out for you, too. Never in doubt. 嘿,你们也没事了.从不怀疑
[40:05] Didn’t I guarantee it? 我不是保证了吗?
[40:08] Denny Crane. Denny Crane.
[40:10] I’m so good, even I don’t believe it. 我好棒啊,即使我也不相信自己
[40:25] The trial of the century. 世纪审判
[40:27] And we won. 我们赢了
[40:29] Together. 一起赢的
[40:31] You won that trial, Denny. 你胜诉了,Denny
[40:32] It was your idea for them to accuse each other, very risky, but… 是你的主意让他们互相指控,很有风险,但是…
[40:36] It took someone with Denny Crane-sized balls to come up with it. 让他们接Denny Crane型的球
[40:44] Does it bother you that we suborned perjury? 我们唆使作伪证让你觉得有麻烦么?
[40:47] Not a bit. You? 一点都没有,你呢?
[40:49] Not really. I believe they’re innocent. 也没有,我相信他们是无罪的
[40:54] Sleepover tonight? 一起过夜?
[40:56] You got it. 好吧
[41:00] How did the judge know about our sleepovers, anyway? 法官怎么会知道我们一起过夜呢?
[41:03] Who knows? 谁知道?
[41:06] Is it odd that two grown heteros have sleepovers? 我们两个一起过夜会很奇怪吗?
[41:11] Who cares? I wouldn’t trade them for anything. 谁管呢? 我不会做任何交易的
[41:17] To next season, my friend. 朋友,下一季
[41:18] I can’t wait to see what we do next. 我等不及要看我们会发生什么了
[41:20] I’m just getting started. 一切才刚刚开始
[41:22] Denny Crane. Denny Crane.
[41:23] Alan Shore. Alan Shore.
[41:24] Flamingoes. 弗拉明戈
[41:26] Till death do us part. 至死不分
[41:27] Let no man tear asunder. 没人能拆散我们
波士顿法律

Post navigation

Previous Post: 波士顿法律(Boston Legal)第3季第23集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
Next Post: 波士顿法律(Boston Legal)第4季第1集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Archives

  • July 2024
  • June 2024

Categories

  • 1931年
  • 1939年
  • 1941年
  • 1942年
  • 1943年
  • 1944年
  • 1948年
  • 1952年
  • 1953年
  • 1954年
  • 1955年
  • 1956年
  • 1957年
  • 1958年
  • 1959年
  • 1960年
  • 1961年
  • 1962年
  • 1963年
  • 1964年
  • 1966年
  • 1967年
  • 1968年
  • 1969年
  • 1970年
  • 1971年
  • 1972年
  • 1973年
  • 1974年
  • 1975年
  • 1976年
  • 1977年
  • 1978年
  • 1979年
  • 1980年
  • 1981年
  • 1982年
  • 1983年
  • 1984年
  • 1985年
  • 1986年
  • 1987年
  • 1988年
  • 1989年
  • 1990年
  • 1991年
  • 1992年
  • 1993年
  • 1994年
  • 1995年
  • 1996年
  • 1997年
  • 1998年
  • 1999年
  • 2000年
  • 2001年
  • 2002年
  • 2003年
  • 2004年
  • 2005年
  • 2006年
  • 2007年
  • 2008年
  • 2009年
  • 2010年
  • 2011年
  • 2012年
  • 2013年
  • 2014年
  • 2015年
  • 2016年
  • 2017年
  • 2018年
  • 2019年
  • 2020年
  • 2021年
  • 2022年
  • 2023年
  • 2024年
  • barui
  • Uncategorized
  • 一切安好
  • 中央公园
  • 亢奋
  • 亿万
  • 传世
  • 兄弟连
  • 克拉丽丝
  • 克拉克森的农场
  • 内裤队长
  • 副警长
  • 十字剑
  • 博斯
  • 卡特特工
  • 双城之战
  • 发展受阻
  • 叶卡捷琳娜大帝
  • 哈哈大校
  • 坏法官
  • 坏老师
  • 基本演绎法
  • 大城小妞
  • 大学生费莉希蒂
  • 大神偷卡门
  • 大西洋帝国
  • 天使在美国
  • 娃娃脸
  • 小小安妮
  • 小谎大事
  • 少年间谍亚历克斯
  • 布里奇顿
  • 幻灭
  • 废柴联盟
  • 康斯坦丁
  • 开心汉堡店
  • 德古拉
  • 德里女孩
  • 怒呛人生
  • 恋爱挑战书
  • 惊异传奇
  • 惊悚50州
  • 意乱情迷
  • 成瘾剂量
  • 我为喜剧狂
  • 找寻自我
  • 摩斯探长前传
  • 教师情事
  • 敢不敢挑战我
  • 新成长的烦恼
  • 日常谜团
  • 明日传奇
  • 星际之门亚特兰蒂斯
  • 更美好的事
  • 末日巡逻队
  • 杀无赦
  • 柏林谍影
  • 死亡医师
  • 比弗利娇妻
  • 波士顿法律
  • 火线警告
  • 灵书妙探
  • 犯罪心理
  • 犯罪现场调查·拉斯维加斯
  • 犯罪现场调查·纽约篇
  • 犯罪现场调查迈阿密
  • 狂欢命案
  • 狄金森
  • 狗狗博客
  • 生活
  • 生活大爆炸
  • 眼见为虚
  • 破产姐妹
  • 破发点大满贯之路
  • 神烦警探
  • 红粉联盟
  • 绝命律师
  • 绝命毒师
  • 绝望的主妇
  • 绿箭侠
  • 罪恶黑名单
  • 美国众神
  • 美国恐怖故事
  • 美国罪案故事
  • 美女上错身
  • 美式主妇
  • 脆莓公园
  • 致命陷阱
  • 艾米丽在巴黎
  • 芝加哥急救
  • 芝加哥烈焰
  • 芝加哥警署
  • 蛇蝎女佣
  • 贴身保镖
  • 达芬奇的恶魔
  • 迷失
  • 逃离丹尼莫拉
  • 逝者之证
  • 郊狼
  • 金牌律师
  • 铁证悬案
  • 随性所欲
  • 零异频道
  • 马男波杰克
  • 鲍勃心动
  • 麻木不仁
  • 黑吃黑
  • 黑帆
  • 黑暗救赎
  • 黑色星期一

Copyright © 2025 英美剧电影台词站.

Powered by PressBook WordPress theme