时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:14] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么呢? |
[00:18] | Stanley cup. Oldest trophy in professional sports. | NHL(美国冰球联盟)的Stanley杯,职业体育中历史最悠久的奖杯 |
[00:21] | Denny, please do not tell me that you’ve stolen the Stanley cup. | Denny,别告诉我你把它给偷来了 |
[00:24] | Oh, don’t be ridiculous. I know people. | 噢,别开玩笑了,我认识人 |
[00:26] | I got it for the day. | 他们把这个给我一天 |
[00:30] | And what are you doing? | 那你现在在干什么呢? |
[00:32] | I’m gonna put my name on it. | 我要把我的名字刻上去 |
[00:33] | Every player, coach, G. M., | 每名球员、教练、经理 |
[00:36] | anybody who’s won the cup has their name on it. | 曾经赢得过奖杯的所有人的名字都刻在上面 |
[00:38] | – But you’ve never won it. – I contributed. | – 但是你没有获得过奖杯啊 – 我做出过贡献 |
[00:42] | Watch this. | 看这个 |
[00:44] | 1970 Boston Bruins. | 1970年的波士顿棕熊队 |
[00:46] | Bobby Orr scores the winning goal! | Bobby Orr攻入制胜球 |
[00:49] | Cut to… | 转到… |
[00:52] | That’s him, looking for his dad in the stands, | 这就是他, 正在找在看台的父亲 |
[00:55] | but he’s not looking for his dad, not really. | 但是他要找的不是他的父亲,真的不是 |
[00:57] | He was looking for you? | 他正在找你? |
[00:58] | I loaned him my lucky jockstrap that day. | 那天我把我的幸运护身借给他了 |
[01:01] | I hope you washed it first. | 我希望你先把这给清除掉 |
[01:03] | My name belongs on this cup. | 我的名字属于这座奖杯 |
[01:06] | Denny, I don’t think this is a good idea. | Denny, 我认为这不是个好主意 |
[01:08] | They’ll never notice. It’s got so many dings on it already. | 他们永远不会注意到的,这上边已经刻了那么多了 |
[01:11] | I’ll say I dropped it on my desk. | 我说我在桌子上不小心碰倒了 |
[01:13] | You dropped it and left a ding in the form of your name? | 你不小心碰倒它然后正好烙上你的名字? |
[01:17] | It’s the Holy Grail, man. | 这可是圣杯啊 |
[01:21] | Denny Crane’s name belongs on it. | Denny Crane的名字属于圣杯 |
[01:24] | Well, engrave it later. We need to get to the wedding. | 好吧,等一会再刻吧,我们必须去参加婚礼了 |
[01:35] | Who are the jarheads standing with Brad? | 站在Brad旁边的军官是谁? |
[01:38] | Those are his groomsmen. They’re all reservists together. | 这是他的伴郎,他们都是预备役军人 |
[01:41] | Could come in handy. Denise looks like a runner. | 这迟早派得上用场. Denise看起来想要逃跑 |
[01:45] | – Hello. | – 你好 – 你好 – Hello. |
[01:46] | Mr Shore, Nick McClinton. My friends call me Father. | Shore先生, 我叫Nick McClinton. 我的朋友们称呼我为神父 |
[01:50] | I’ve heard a lot about you. | 我听说过很多关于你的事情 |
[01:51] | Yes, I’ve been around with some of the nuns. | 是的,我总是被一些修女包围 |
[01:54] | So have I. | 我也是 |
[01:55] | Uh, listen, there’s a legal matter I’d like to discuss with you. | 嗯,听我说,我有一些法律问题想和你讨论 |
[01:58] | May I phone your office next week? | 我下周可以打电话到你办公室吗? |
[01:59] | Little trouble with one of the sisters? | 和某个修女有些麻烦? |
[02:02] | We should take our seats. | 我们该入座了 |
[02:04] | – Well, hello there. – Hello. | – 你好 – 你好 |
[02:06] | I’m, uh… I’m Nick McClinton. | 我是…嗯…我叫Nick McClinton. |
[02:08] | – You here alone? – No, I’m with the group. | – 你一个人么? – 不是,我们团队一起过来的 |
[02:11] | I’m the designated drinker. | 我是那个被指定喝酒的 |
[02:12] | Well, excellent. | 太好了 |
[02:14] | That priest is a hound dog. I like him. | 这个牧师是头猎犬,我喜欢 |
[02:16] | Father, I think you need to perform a ceremony. | 神父,我觉得你要开始主持仪式了 |
[02:19] | Oh, indeed. See you at the reception. | 噢,是的,会场见 |
[02:23] | Clergy love me. | 牧师爱上我了 |
[03:25] | I love it when the bride’s knocked up. Everybody gossips. | 我喜欢怀孕的新娘,每个人都会说闲话 |
[03:34] | Father, they’re coming! They’re coming! | 神父,他们来了!他们来了! |
[03:38] | Mr Shore, that matter I wanted to discuss, | Shore先生, 这就是我想要和你讨论的问题 |
[03:40] | it’s, it’s happening now! Please, please. | 现在就发生了 |
[03:42] | Come with me, please. | 请跟我来 |
[03:44] | Please, in here. | 这边 |
[03:46] | FBI! Everyone, stay where you are! | FBI! 每个人都站着原地不动 |
[03:49] | – Where’s the priest? – Slow down. | – 牧师在哪儿? – 慢着 |
[03:50] | All you’ve got is the word of a few young boys against a man of God! | 你们这些年轻人说的话是对上帝的不敬 |
[03:54] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事? |
[03:55] | We have evidence that Father McClinton is harboring illegal aliens on the premises. | 我们有证据 McClinton神父在教堂收容非法的外国人 |
[03:58] | Where’d he go? | 他去哪儿了? |
[04:00] | That door. | 那个门 |
[04:01] | Listen, we’re marines. What can we do to help? | 我们是海军,我们能做些什么吗? |
[04:03] | Seal the premises. Nobody gets in or out without my say-so. | 守住这个教堂,没有我的允许任何人都不得进出。 |
[04:05] | Okay, Sal, you take the front. | 好, Sal, 你负责前面. |
[04:07] | Eddie, secure the back alley. I’ll secure the altar. | Eddie, 负责后面的小路,我来负责祭台 |
[04:10] | Everyone, remain calm. | 各位,保持冷静 |
[04:12] | Let’s move! what a wedding | – 开始行动 – 这是个什么婚礼啊! |
[04:48] | Tranquilos. In here. | 在这里 |
[04:51] | You have about a half a minute to tell me what’s going on | 你有大概半分钟的时间和我说是怎么回事 |
[04:54] | before those agents knock this door down. | 在他们进入这个门之前 |
[04:56] | This is Maria and her son Alberto. Maria’s undocumented. | 这是Maria和他的儿子Alberto. Maria是非法移民 |
[04:59] | Immigration caught her in a sweep of the clothing factory where she worked, | 移民局在扫荡她所在的服装厂时抓到了她 |
[05:02] | and they want to deport her back to Mexico. | 他们要把她遣返回墨西哥 |
[05:03] | How did they end up living in your church basement? | 那他们怎么最后到了你教堂的地下室呢? |
[05:05] | The church offered them sanctuary. | 教堂给他们提供避难 |
[05:07] | Well, that’s very noble, | 这很高尚 |
[05:08] | but there’s no legal right to church sanctuary in this country. | 但是在这个国家教堂并没有合法的避难权 |
[05:11] | Of course. But Alberto was born here. He’s a citizen. | 当然,但是Alberto是在这出生的,他是公民 |
[05:13] | If they send his mother back, the government effectively deports him, too, | 如果他们把他母亲遣返了,政府也一定会把他遣返的 |
[05:15] | so Maria has not set foot outside this church for, well, three months. | 所以Maria没有迈出过教堂一步,嗯,有三个月了 |
[05:19] | FBI, open the door! | FBI,开门! |
[05:21] | – She’s protecting her son, Mr Shore. – I’ll do what I can for Maria. | – Shore先生,她是在保护她的儿子啊 – 我会尽我所能帮助Maria |
[05:24] | As for your impending arrest, say nothing. | 在你被逮捕期间,什么都不要说 |
[05:26] | I’ll represent you. | 我来代理你 |
[05:31] | Nicholas McClinton, you’re under arrest for harboring an illegal alien. | Nicholas McClinton,你因收容非法外国移民而被逮捕 |
[05:34] | You have the right to remain silent. | 你有权保持沉默 |
[05:36] | He’s represented by counsel. No interrogation. | 他由律师代理. |
[05:38] | Should you choose to give up that right, | 如果你选择放弃该权利 |
[05:40] | anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. | 你所说的一切都可能在法庭上对你构成不利影响 |
[05:43] | You have the right to speak with an attorney. | 你有权和你的律师进行交谈 |
[05:46] | Has anybody checked on Denise? | 有谁看到Denise了吗? |
[05:48] | Brad’s with her. | Brad和她在一起. |
[05:51] | Father, say nothing. | 什么都不要说,神父. |
[06:05] | – What did I miss? – No time to explain. | – 我错过什么了? – 没时间解释. |
[06:08] | If you catch the garter, save me a whiff. | 有什么好事算我一份 |
[06:12] | Excuse me, everyone. I have an announcement to make. | 不好意思,各位,我要宣布一件事情 |
[06:15] | There isn’t going to be a wedding today, | 今天将不再举行婚礼 |
[06:17] | seeing as we have no priest and now no bride. | 可以看到既没有牧师,现在也没有新娘了 |
[06:20] | A runner. I knew it. | 我就知道,逃跑了 |
[06:22] | Brad, where is Denise? | Brad,Denise在哪儿? |
[06:23] | She’s in labor. | 小孩就要出生了 |
[06:49] | You’re effacing. | 你该准备了 |
[06:51] | Is the baby coming? | 婴儿就要出来了吗? |
[06:52] | Contractions are at seven minutes. | 7分钟之内子宫就会收缩 |
[06:53] | Ideally, you want them to be 5 minutes and last 60 seconds. | 理想情况下5分钟后就会开始,并且持续60秒钟 |
[06:57] | Well, should we stay or go home? | 好,我们是呆在这里还是回家? |
[06:59] | You can stay. | 呆在这里 |
[07:00] | I’d lose the gown, though. It could get messy. | 我会尽力,但是仍然会很混乱 |
[07:03] | – Oh, my God! – What? | – 噢,天啊 – 什么? |
[07:04] | – He’ll be a bastard. – What? | – 他是个私生子! – 什么? |
[07:06] | Denise, we’re not married. He’ll be illegitimate. | Denise, 我们还没有结婚,这小孩是个私生子. |
[07:08] | – You’ve got to be kidding me. – We can’t do this. | – 你别开玩笑了 – 小孩不能出生 |
[07:10] | We can’t do… did you not hear what she just said? | 不能出生?… 你听到她刚才说的了吗? |
[07:12] | This little bastard is effacing! | 这小私生子就要出来了! |
[07:13] | Is there a chaplain in the hospital? | 医院里头有牧师吗? |
[07:15] | Yes, but I… | 有,但是… |
[07:16] | Get him up here! | 让他马上来这! |
[07:17] | – I don’t believe this. – Hold on a second. | – 难以置信 – 稍等一下 |
[07:19] | Get the chaplain up here now! | 让牧师马上来这!马上! |
[07:32] | Oh, Shirley Schmidt promised you’d take care of this. | 噢, Shirley Schmidt答应说你会接手 |
[07:37] | I see. | 我知道 |
[07:38] | And what exactly is the problem? | 到底是什么问题? |
[07:40] | My landlord’s evicting me. It’s so unfair! | 我的房东要把我赶出来,这太不公平了! |
[07:42] | Does it have anything to do with the duck? | 这和这只鸭子有什么关系吗? |
[07:44] | Oh, I get that it’s a no-pets building, but Larry is not a pet. | 我住的是一座不允许养宠物的大楼,但是Larry不是宠物 |
[07:47] | I have an anxiety disorder, and Larry’s my emotional support animal. | 我有严重的焦虑和失调,Larry是我精神上的寄托 |
[07:50] | I’m pretty sure I have rights. | 我很确信我有这个权利 |
[07:52] | You want to touch his beak? It’s really smooth. | 你要摸它的嘴吗?非常光滑 |
[07:55] | Will you excuse me? | 失陪 |
[08:03] | I’ve handled multinational corporate bankruptcies, high-profile murder cases | 我处理过跨国公司破产、恶劣的抢劫案件 |
[08:06] | and defended manufacturing giants against product liability charges. | 还有为制造业巨头作产品责任费用的辩护 |
[08:10] | Yes? | 是啊? |
[08:11] | And you assign me the duck lady. | 然后你把这个鸭子女士分配给我? |
[08:13] | Is she just sitting alone in your office? | 她一个人坐在你办公室吗? |
[08:15] | She has the duck. | 还有只鸭子 |
[08:18] | I can only surmise you did this | 我只能猜测你这么做是因为 |
[08:19] | because, one, you’re hazing me since I’m the new guy again, | 一,你在折磨我,因为我再次成为新人 |
[08:22] | or two, you think my Asperger’s allows me to relate to anyone colorful. | 二,你认为我的艾斯伯格症使得我和各种奇形怪状的人产生联系 |
[08:25] | Or three, you’re having second thoughts about rehiring me. | 三,你在重新考虑再次雇用我的问题 |
[08:28] | It’s four. | 其实是第四点 |
[08:29] | I’m name partner and | 我在任命一名合伙人 |
[08:30] | don’t, underscore, have to explain myself to you. | 重要的是,我自己还没有和你说明这一点 |
[08:36] | Well, that’s a conversation-stopper. | 噢,谈话结束了 |
[08:39] | It’s like the cops say, | 正如同警察说的 |
[08:40] | a case came in, and you were catching. | 案子来了,你就得接手 |
[08:50] | Docket number 830294, United States vs Nicholas McClinton. | 诉讼编号 830294,合众国诉Nicholas McClinton. |
[08:56] | Let’s see what the hell we got here. | 我们来看看到底怎么回事 |
[08:59] | Alan Shore for the defense. Waive reading. | 辩护人Alan Shore,放弃阅读案卷权利 |
[09:01] | The defendant pleads not guilty and asks for an immediate trial. | 被告人主张无罪,并请求立即做出判决 |
[09:04] | – No objection. – Bail? | – 无反对意见 – 保释? |
[09:05] | – Defense requests ROR. – He’s a flight risk, your honor. | – 辩护人请求具结释放(ROR) (注:具结释放即保证随传随到的释放) – 法官大人,他具有极大的危险 |
[09:08] | Father McClinton’s contempt for the law is well-known. | McClinton神父蔑视法律是众所周知的 |
[09:11] | He notoriously assisted draft dodgers during the Vietnam war. | 越南战争期间他就协助起草传单,影响恶劣 |
[09:14] | This isn’t a first for him. | 这对他而言已经不是第一次了 |
[09:15] | Objection. | 反对 |
[09:16] | We like to forget Vietnam and other past mistakes in this country. | 我们应当忘记在越南以及在国内曾经犯下的其他错误 |
[09:19] | It makes it easier to repeat them. | 这会很容易就重蹈覆辙 |
[09:21] | What are you, anti-war? | 你是怎样,反战? |
[09:22] | Judge, even the Republicans are against the war now. | 法官,现在甚至连共和党人也反对战争了 |
[09:25] | It’s the “in thing” to be. | 这是现在的现状 |
[09:26] | All right. The defendant is released on his own recognizance pending trial, | 好的,被告在本判决做出前具结释放 |
[09:31] | which I will schedule, uh, one hour from now. | 一个小时候我再安排审讯 |
[09:35] | What? | 什么? |
[09:37] | Hey, can’t we get rid of this, please? | 嘿,拜托别再纠缠了 |
[09:40] | I’m sick and tired of jailing priests. It’s not original. | 我已经厌倦关押牧师了,这没有创意 |
[09:44] | He doesn’t fiddle with the aliens, does he? | 他并没有乱搞外国人,是吧? |
[09:46] | Only the nuns. | 修女除外 |
[09:48] | One hour. See you. | 一个小时后再见 |
[09:51] | What do you mean there’s no chaplain? | 你说没有牧师是什么意思? |
[09:52] | There is one, but he’s currently occupied. | 有一个,但是现在正在忙 |
[09:54] | With what? | 忙什么 |
[09:55] | Well, a respirator, if you must know. | 如果你想知道的话,他正在上着呼吸器 |
[09:56] | He’s presiding over a plug-pulling ceremony. | 正在抢救呢 |
[09:58] | Oh, for God’s sake! | 噢,上帝 |
[09:59] | Oh, the cell phone. | 噢,手机 |
[10:03] | Claire, Brad Chase. Not well. | Claire, 我是Brad Chase. 不太好. |
[10:06] | Listen, I need you to get me a priest. | 听我说,我需要一个牧师 |
[10:09] | She’s still in labor, but we don’t have much time. | 孩子马上就要出生了,我们没有太多时间 |
[10:11] | I need you to get me a man of God and haul his ass down here. | 你给我弄个牧师,拖也要马上给我弄过来 |
[10:15] | I am calm! | 我很冷静! |
[10:16] | And stop arguing with me and just do as I say. | 别和我吵,照我说的做 |
[10:19] | 我的未婚妻就要生出个私生子来,赶紧把那讨厌的牧师给我找来 | |
[10:23] | God almighty. | 全能的上帝 |
[10:39] | Oh, my goodness. | 噢,上帝 |
[10:41] | Thank God. | 感谢老天 |
[10:42] | We should make this quick. | 我们要赶紧了 |
[10:43] | Denise, we’re due back in court. | Denise, 我们回到教堂了 |
[10:45] | Simple ceremony. We’re gonna skip communion. | 简单的仪式,要排除一些步骤了 |
[10:47] | – Smart. – We’re at 6 centimeters. | – 聪明 – 到6厘米了 |
[10:51] | – If you could just give us a second… – I think squatting would be better. | – 能给我些时间吗? – 我觉得蹲着会比较好 |
[10:54] | Denise, would you like the epidural? | Denise, 你觉得需要注射吗? |
[10:56] | No drugs. We’re going natural. | 不需要麻醉,我们要自然生产 |
[10:58] | You’re gonna be okay, sweetie. Keep breathing. | 亲爱的没事的,保持呼吸 |
[10:59] | You breathe! I want the drugs! | 你自己呼吧!我要麻醉! |
[11:01] | Hello, Denise. | 你好, Denise. |
[11:02] | Get out of my face! | 滚开! |
[11:04] | I’m on a tight schedule here. | 我的行程很紧! |
[11:05] | Out! Now is not the time. | 走吧!现在不是时候! |
[11:17] | He’s your emotional support animal? | 它是你的精神寄托? |
[11:20] | A sort of service animal, an assistive animal. | 很多种动物都能给人帮助 |
[11:23] | Some dogs warn you if you have a seizure coming. | 一些狗在你发病时可以发出警示 |
[11:25] | Some monkeys fold your laundry if you have no arms. | 一些猴子可以帮助你叠洗好的衣服,如果你没有手的话 |
[11:28] | Why a duck? | 那为什么会是鸭子呢? |
[11:30] | I’m from western Massachusetts, farm country. | 我来自马萨诸塞州西部的农场 |
[11:33] | There were ducks. It was nice. | 那里有很多鸭子,这很好 |
[11:35] | But here in Boston, everything’s… insistent. | 但是在波士顿这里,所有的事情都…需要注意 |
[11:41] | I’d have panic attacks. I’d shake, sweat. | 当我焦虑发作时,我会发抖、出汗 |
[11:45] | It’s debilitating. | 变得很虚弱 |
[11:47] | It’s like having a heart attack all the time. | 如同随时都会心脏病发作 |
[11:49] | I’m familiar with the phenomenon. | 我熟悉这种症状 |
[11:51] | My doctor talked about benzodiazepines | 我的医生提到了苯化重氮(主要用作镇静剂) |
[11:53] | and immersion-habituation psycho-hypnotherapy. | 还有浸入适应的心里催眠疗法 |
[11:56] | And then he said, “how about an animal”? | 然后他说,“为什么不尝试动物呢?” |
[12:00] | A positive association that… | 这种积极的联系 |
[12:03] | calms me. | 使我冷静下来 |
[12:06] | A duck. | 鸭子 |
[12:08] | I need this duck like a diabetic needs insulin, | 我需要这只鸭子,如同糖尿病人需要胰岛素 |
[12:11] | like a wheelchair guy needs a wheelchair. | 如同残疾人需要轮椅 |
[12:15] | This is a service duck. | 这是给我服务的鸭子 |
[12:28] | There are between 10 to 20 million undocumented aliens living within our borders, | 在我们境内生活着1000到2000万的非法移民 |
[12:33] | 10 to 20 million. | 1000到2000万 |
[12:35] | But you invaded a church. | 但是你们侵入了一座教堂 |
[12:36] | Look, do you know the cost of illegal immigration? | 你们知道为非法移民所费的支出有多少吗? |
[12:39] | One study puts it at $30 billion per year, $30 billion. | 有研究指出每年的支出为300亿美元,300亿美元 |
[12:44] | This while we’re trying to fight a war, | 这些支出发生的期间,我们正在试图发动战争 |
[12:46] | feed the homeless, provide health coverage. | 资助无家可归者、提供医疗保险 |
[12:48] | Objection. He’s assuming facts that are far from in evidence. | 反对。他假设的事实远远超出了目前证据的范围 |
[12:52] | We’re trying to feed the homeless? | 我们正在试图资助无家可归者? |
[12:53] | Provide health coverage? | 提供医疗保险? |
[12:55] | Are we also trying to save the environment? | 我们是不是也正在试图保护环境? |
[12:56] | That would be a good lie to tell, as long as you’re… | 这将会是一个很好的谎言,只要你… |
[12:58] | Hey, you! | 嘿,你! |
[13:00] | Did you just call me “you”? | 你刚才叫我“你”? |
[13:01] | This room is not your political forum. | 法庭不是你的政治论坛 |
[13:04] | Really? | 真的? |
[13:06] | Sit! | 坐下! |
[13:08] | What else? | 还有? |
[13:10] | Our hospitals are flooded with illegal immigrants | 我们的医院全是非法移民 |
[13:13] | using our ERs as doctor’s offices. | 动用我们的急诊室作为医生办公室 |
[13:15] | We currently incarcerate more than 300,000 illegals for a variety of crimes, | 由于各种犯罪,我们目前关押的非法移民超过30万人 |
[13:20] | and our states provide more than $12 billion per year | 我国为非法移民子女的公共教育 |
[13:23] | for the public education of their children. | 每年支出超过1200亿美元 |
[13:25] | I’m confused. Is this now his political forum? | 我搞不懂了。现在不是他的政治论坛? |
[13:28] | Sit down! | 坐下! |
[13:31] | By flouting our immigration laws, | 如果让McClinton神父的错误持续下去 |
[13:33] | Father McClinton is perpetuating this crisis. | 将是对我们移民法律的侮辱 |
[13:36] | The young woman Father McClinton took in has no criminal record, correct? | McClinton神父救助的这位女子并没有犯罪记录,对吗? |
[13:41] | Yes, but… | 是的,但是… |
[13:41] | – She pays her taxes on time. – It’s not about that. | – 她按时纳税 – 这与本案无关 |
[13:43] | – She contributes time at her son’s school, volunteers at the church. – Look… | – 她贡献了大量时间在她儿子的学校,在教堂做义工 – 这… |
[13:47] | So contrary to your grossly inaccurate characterization of undocumented workers | 和你对非法劳工那些极其错误的描述正好相反 |
[13:53] | as people who run over here, commit crimes, | 你说他们来到这里,犯罪 |
[13:55] | then demand free care at the hospital, | 然后要求医院的免费医疗 |
[13:56] | Ms Lopez is an upstanding member of the community. | Lopez女士简直是这个社区的优秀分子 |
[13:59] | In fact, she’s a model citizen, isn’t she? | 事实上,她是名模范市民,难道不是吗? |
[14:01] | Hey, it’s your buddy that’s on trial here today, not her. | 嘿,这是你的老兄在这接受审判,不是她 |
[14:03] | Yes, for aiding a woman who happens to be the mother of someone | 是的,他为一名母亲提供帮助 |
[14:07] | who is an American citizen. | 正好是一名美国公民的母亲 |
[14:09] | Let’s talk about her son Alberto. | 我们讨论下她的儿子Alberto. |
[14:11] | You mean her anchor baby? | 你指她的锚孩? (注:美国国籍实行出生地主义,凡在美国国内出生的婴儿自动获得美国国籍,将非法移民在美国国内生下的儿童称为锚孩anchor baby) |
[14:14] | I mean her son. | 我是指她的儿子 |
[14:15] | It’s what they do. | 这就是他们所做的 |
[14:17] | They come over here, and they drop babies | 他们来到这里,生下小孩 |
[14:18] | because anybody that’s born on American soil is automatically a US citizen. | 因为任何人出生在美国的土地上将自动成为美国公民 |
[14:22] | It’s an abuse of our 14th Amendment. | 这是对第十四修正案的滥用 |
[14:34] | Mr Shore? | Shore先生? |
[14:38] | I’m sorry. I was just taking a moment to allow his racism to resonate. | 不好意思,我只是停下来让他的种族歧视得到共鸣 |
[14:42] | Objection! | 反对! |
[14:43] | Let’s focus on one of these anchor babies. | 让我们把话题集中到这些锚孩上来 |
[14:45] | His name is Alberto. He’s 8 years old. | 他叫Alberto,今年8岁 |
[14:48] | He takes trumpet lessons every Wednesday. | 每周三都会去上小号课程 |
[14:51] | He’s the leading scorer of the Blue Tornadoes soccer team. | 他是蓝旋风足球队的主力得分手 |
[14:55] | If you deport his mother, | 如果你遣返他的母亲 |
[14:57] | you’re forcing him to either abdicate his rights as a citizen | 就是逼迫他要么放弃作为一名公民的权利 |
[15:00] | or fend for himself alone on the streets of Boston. | 要么独自一人在波士顿的街头谋生 |
[15:02] | Which is the more acceptable choice to you? | 你更能接受哪一种选择呢? |
[15:04] | He can return when he’s 18 and then, as a citizen, | 作为一名公民,他可以和他的法定监护人母亲离开 |
[15:07] | legally sponsor his mother’s move here. | 然后在18岁以后再回到这里 |
[15:08] | It’s why they do it. | 这就是为什么他们要做的 |
[15:10] | But for those intervening ten years, | 但是在这中断的十年中间 |
[15:12] | if he wants to stay with his mother, he’ll have to quit his school, | 为了要和他母亲在一起,他必须退学 |
[15:15] | abandon any access to reliable health care | 放弃所有可靠的医疗保障 |
[15:19] | and put his everyday living conditions at real risk. | 使他每天的生活都处于真正的风险之下 |
[15:22] | Ms Lopez should have thought about that before she broke the law. | Lopez女士在她违法之前应当考虑清楚这些 |
[15:25] | – And he… – You’re preventing an American citizen | – 而他… – 你在阻止一名美国公民 |
[15:28] | from using the very services you brag about to the rest of the world. | 使用他应得的每一项服务,而这些服务是你们成天向其他国家吹嘘的 |
[15:32] | If we let everybody in, | 如果我们让任何人都能进来 |
[15:33] | do you know what would happen to this country? | 你知道我们的国家会发生什么吗? |
[15:34] | My client didn’t let anyone in. | 我的当事人没有让任何人进来 |
[15:36] | He simply provided safe harbor… | 他只是提供一个避风港 |
[15:38] | For a fugitive, | 提供给非法移民 |
[15:40] | which makes him a criminal. | 就构成了犯罪 |
[15:51] | No, Claire, he left. He got called back into court. | 没有,Claire,他离开了,法庭让他回去了 |
[15:53] | Breathe, honey. | 亲爱的,呼吸 |
[15:54] | This is Boston, for God’s sakes! | 上帝,这里是波士顿! |
[15:56] | What do you mean you can’t find a priest? The place is crawling with priests. | 找不到牧师你这是什么意思?这里到处都是牧师 |
[15:58] | You mean to tell me you can’t find one? | 你意思是你一个都找不到? |
[16:00] | Breathe, honey! | 亲爱的,呼吸 |
[16:02] | Look, um, get a minister if you have to, | 嗯,听着,不行的话给我找主教 |
[16:04] | a rabbi, captain of a ship, anybody who can perform a ceremony. | 法师、船长,任何人,只要能主持仪式就行 |
[16:07] | You’re doing great. | 你做得很好 |
[16:08] | Look, just get Shirley in on this if you have to. | 听着,实在不行就把Shirley拉来这里 |
[16:11] | There’s a judge down the hall with gout. | 正好有一个穿长袍的司仪从大厅出来 |
[16:13] | A judge can perform a civil service, can’t he? | 司仪可以主持民事仪式,不是吗? |
[16:16] | – Get that judge in here. – Well, I can’t force him to… | – 让那个司仪来这里 – 我不能强迫他… |
[16:18] | And there it is again. | 又来了 |
[16:20] | Claire, yeah, change in plans. Get over here now, fast. | Claire, 计划改变. 马上来这里,快 |
[16:24] | If she was a cripple, I’d put some handrails in her shower. | 如果她是个瘸子,我会在她的聚会上送她副拐杖 |
[16:26] | – Mr Picker… – If she’s blind, I’ll label her mailbox with the bumps. | – Picker先生… – 如果她是个瞎子,我会给她的邮箱特别标注 |
[16:30] | She’s not, okay. | 她不是,好吗? |
[16:31] | The fair housing act prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability. | 公平住宅法令禁止任何对于缺陷的歧视 |
[16:35] | This includes a mental impairment, | 这包括精神损害 |
[16:37] | which limits an individual’s ability to function | 这种精神损害会影响个人的某种功能 |
[16:39] | as does Ms Lovejoy’s anxiety disorder. | 例如Lovejoy女士的焦虑症 |
[16:42] | No pets. | 不能有宠物 |
[16:44] | Okay, that was weird. | 好吧,这很奇怪 |
[16:46] | Who’s the duck hurting? | 这只鸭子妨碍到你什么了? |
[16:48] | He waddles around, smelling up the place, | 它摆来摆去,屋子都是它的臭味 |
[16:50] | quacking at people! | 对人呷呷乱叫! |
[16:51] | He’s a good duck. He doesn’t quack at people. | 他是只好鸭子。从来不对人乱叫 |
[16:55] | If there’s been any damage, Ms Lovejoy’s security deposit… | 如果发生了任何的损害,可以用Lovejoy女士存在你那的保证金… |
[16:58] | Won’t cover my ass if he bites someone on my property. | 如果它真咬了东西的话什么都补偿不了 |
[17:01] | Then I’ll really get drilled, and they can be vicious. | 我真的很头大,这很恶劣 |
[17:04] | You’re talking about swans. | 你说的是鹅吧? |
[17:08] | These animals decrease blood pressure, alleviate depression… | 这些动物能够降低血压,缓解压力… |
[17:11] | You know what eases my depression? | 你知道什么能缓解我的压力吗? |
[17:13] | Watching a stripper clean my gutters. | 看一个脱衣舞娘来清理我的水槽 |
[17:15] | Do I make people live with that? | 我能让人忍受这些吗? |
[17:16] | Now you’re making fun, and I don’t like it! | 你在开玩笑,我讨厌你! |
[17:20] | People like you are why we’ve become a nation of coddlers. | 你这样的人就是为什么我们会变成被溺爱者天地的原因 |
[17:23] | Yeah, making excuses for being weak and having no discipline. | 做出谅解是软弱和没有原则的 |
[17:27] | What are you, a cat? | 你是只猫吗? |
[17:28] | The accommodation isn’t reasonable. | 她这样住是不合理的 |
[17:31] | She’s not handicapped, and he ain’t medicine. | 她不是残疾人,鸭子也不是药物 |
[17:34] | Fight me in court. Think I can’t take it? | 到法庭告我吧,认为我不敢应诉? |
[17:36] | – I’m a landlord. – I can’t afford to move. | – 我是房东 – 我不能承担搬家 |
[17:38] | Two months in advance, moving costs. | 提前了两个月,还有搬家成本 |
[17:40] | He’ll probably keep my deposit. | 他可能是想要我的保证金 |
[17:42] | I’ll have an eviction on my record! Oh, God! Oh, God! | 我将会有被驱逐出来的记录!天啊!天啊! |
[17:45] | Can you shut him up? | 你能让它闭嘴吗? |
[17:47] | There it is. | 我来解决 |
[17:48] | Mr Crane! | Crane先生! |
[17:51] | Blanks. Just kidding. | 没子弹的。开个玩笑。 |
[17:53] | What, can’t take a joke? | 怎么,开不起玩笑? |
[18:11] | They’ve offered Maria a deal. | 他们给Maria提供交易的机会 |
[18:13] | They’re giving her a green card in exchange for her testimony against you. | 给她绿卡换取她来指证你 |
[18:19] | Obviously, they’re making an example of you. | 很明显他们要拿你来杀鸡儆猴 |
[18:21] | Great. | 好 |
[18:23] | I can try to talk to her. | 我尝试和她说说 |
[18:24] | No, no, no, no. | 别别别别 |
[18:25] | If she has the opportunity to stay here with Alberto, | 如果她有机会和Alberto呆在一起 |
[18:27] | she should take it. I’ve actually discussed that with her. | 那就接受,事实上我已经和她讨论过了 |
[18:31] | That could turn out to be quite a sacrifice on your part. | 那表明是你做自我牺牲了 |
[18:34] | They’re seeking jail time. | 他们是要达到监禁你的目的 |
[18:38] | You know what I like to do when things seem hopeless? | 你知道希望渺茫的时候我会做什么吗? |
[18:40] | Pray? | 祈祷? |
[18:41] | Bribe. What do we know about this judge? | 贿赂。你对这个法官了解吗? |
[18:44] | Bribery isn’t an option. | 贿赂可不是一个选择 |
[18:46] | So let’s pray then and fight. | 那我们祈祷然后战斗吧 |
[18:49] | – You a fighter, Alan? – I like it better than praying. | – Alan,你是个斗士吧? – 当然,我喜欢战斗胜过祈祷 |
[18:52] | Well, come on then. This is Boston. | 好吧,加油,这里是波士顿 |
[18:58] | Hold on, honey! | 亲爱的,坚持住! |
[18:59] | Stop telling me to hold on! | 别再和我说坚持! |
[19:01] | What the hell is going on in here? | 这到底发生了什么事? |
[19:03] | Well, I told you. She’s having a baby, | 嗯,我和你说过了,她要生小孩了 |
[19:05] | and you have to perform the marriage ceremony before she does. | 在她生出来之前你要主持结婚仪式 |
[19:07] | This is Brad Chase, the groom, Denise Bauer, the bride. | 这是新郎Brad Chase, 新娘Denise Bauer |
[19:10] | And who’s that in her vagina? | 在她下面那是谁? |
[19:12] | That would be the doctor. | 那是医生 |
[19:14] | Oh, she’s awfully close. | 噢,很快就要出来了 |
[19:17] | Okay, let’s go. | 好的,我们来吧 |
[19:25] | Ducks quacking, lawyers shooting shotguns, | 鸭子乱叫,律师开枪 |
[19:27] | this place is an asylum, don’t you think? | 这里简直是个精神病院,你不觉得吗? |
[19:30] | And what’s with all the hopping? | 你到底想要怎么做? |
[19:32] | I think I have a solution. | 我有个处理方案 |
[19:33] | 如果是把鸭子杀死,算我一份 | |
[19:35] | I’ll personally be financially liable for any damages. | 我个人会承担鸭子造成的任何损害的财产赔偿 |
[19:39] | And further, the duck will agree to wear a diaper. | 此外,我同意这只鸭子穿件衣服 |
[19:42] | I mean, Ms Lovejoy will agree that he’ll wear one. | 我意思是Lovejoy女士会同意这只鸭子穿上 |
[19:44] | Oh, right, so that the guy in 4B can tell me | 噢,对啊,这样住在4B的那家伙就可以和我说 |
[19:47] | that he gets to keep a therapeutic Vietnamese pig who helps him stutter less. | 他要养只能治病的越南猪好让他说话不那么结巴 |
[19:52] | Sorry. Duck lady is history. | 对不起,鸭子女人要成为历史 |
[19:54] | Mr Picker, please sit. | Picker先生请坐 |
[20:01] | I don’t like you. | 我讨厌你 |
[20:02] | What are you gonna do, purr at me again? | 你想要做什么,又要对我咕噜咕噜叫? |
[20:05] | I am not going to purr. | 不是 |
[20:11] | It seems I was wrong about that. | 看起来我说错了 |
[20:14] | See, while you were so kind as to come in today, | 既然你今天来到这里了,这很好 |
[20:17] | I took the liberty of dispatching a paralegal, | 我今天派出去一名律师助理 |
[20:19] | first to the executive office of public safety | 先是到了公共安全执行办公室 |
[20:22] | and then to several of your properties. | 然后又到了你许多的住处 |
[20:24] | I wanted to be prepared should things not work out. | 我想在事情不能很好解决时才会动用这些 |
[20:28] | I’m prepared, Mr Picker. | Picker先生,我现在要动用了 |
[20:29] | What are you talking about? | 你到底在说什么? |
[20:31] | I’m talking about the fire protection system code 780, CMR 901.6. | 我说的是防火系统法令780,CMR901.6 |
[20:36] | Evidently, you neglected to have signage on equipment | 很显然,你没有在你的设备上粘贴标志 |
[20:38] | and sprinkler control valves of the prescribed size and in contrasting colors. | 你的洒水控制阀没有达到规定的规格,也没有采用显著的颜色 |
[20:41] | Addressing that, a hassle, I know. | 你想要辩解,我知道 |
[20:44] | You have a fence erected without a permit | 你在未经允许情况下建立起了围墙 |
[20:46] | that exceeds the height allowed for erection without a permit by an inch and a half. | 这超过了允许高度的1.5英寸 |
[20:49] | That will be fines, fees and a hassle. | 这也很好,交钱还有辩解 |
[20:51] | Noncompliance with low-flush toilet mandates. Ouch. | 违反了低水量冲洗马桶法令,天哪 |
[20:54] | And let’s not overlook the pruning of a protected tree | 我们还注意到你在没有得到树木监管者同意之下 |
[20:56] | without the permission of the tree warden. | 修剪了一棵受保护的树木 |
[20:58] | Oh, here’s a biggie. | 噢,这还有更大条的 |
[20:59] | The penalty for use of undocumented workers. | 使用非法劳工没有受到处罚 |
[21:02] | Are we a little sloppy about our employment records? | 我们的雇工记录是不是太马虎了? |
[21:04] | This is blackmail! | 这是绑架! |
[21:06] | Maybe you should call the cops. | 或许你可以和警察说去 |
[21:07] | I’m done purring, Picker. The claws are coming out. | 我咕噜叫完了,Picker。我的爪子也已经伸出来了 |
[21:10] | You want to screw with me? Go ahead, make my bed. | 想要干掉我?来吧 |
[21:14] | Day. | 今天 |
[21:24] | – Do you, Dennis… – No, it’s Denise! | – Dennis,你愿意… – 不对,是Denise! |
[21:25] | When’s the last time you saw a Dennis giving birth? | 你什么时候见过Dennis会生小孩的? |
[21:27] | Stop rushing me, you rusher! | 不要催我,你这个冒失鬼! |
[21:29] | The head is crowning. | 头部露出来了! |
[21:30] | – Hurry! – Do you, Denise, take Brad to be your husband? | – 赶快! – Denise你愿意Brad做你的丈夫吗? |
[21:36] | – Hurry! – Well done! Here he comes! | – 赶快! – 干得好! 他出来了! |
[21:37] | Hey, you’re not gonna make it! | 嘿,你不能这样! |
[21:38] | – Do you, Brad, take Denise to be your… – I do. | – Brad你愿意Denise做你的… – 我愿意 |
[21:41] | – By the power vested… – Just say it! | – 根据上帝给予我的… – 赶快说! |
[21:43] | I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride. | 我现在宣布你们成为夫妻,你可以亲吻新娘了 |
[21:46] | Okay, we’re married. | 好的,我们结婚了 |
[21:50] | – The head is coming! – Oh, my God! | – 头出来了! – 噢,天啊! |
[21:51] | What the hell is happening down there? | 这到底怎么回事? |
[21:54] | Here he is, here he is! | 就要出来了 |
[21:56] | He’s here. | 出来了 |
[21:58] | Oh, he is a beautiful baby. | 噢,漂亮的男孩 |
[22:00] | Girl. | 女孩 |
[22:02] | It’s all pinched up and messy. | 怎么缩成一团,又很脏 |
[22:04] | We have a girl. We have a baby girl. | 我们有个女儿了,我们有个女儿了 |
[22:06] | It isn’t cute at all. | 一点都不可爱 |
[22:08] | – Is she healthy? – Oh, she’s perfect. | – 她健康吗? – 很完美 |
[22:11] | I thought they always came out cute. | 我觉得出生的婴儿都很可爱的 |
[22:13] | Oh, God. It’s a girl. | 噢,天啊,是个女儿 |
[22:15] | – Do you want to cut the cord? – Okay. | – 你想要来剪掉脐带吗? – 好的. |
[22:17] | You don’t circumcise girls! | 你不能去割女孩啊! |
[22:21] | – Um, judge. – Yes? | – 司仪 – 嗯? |
[22:23] | Let’s, let’s get you back to your room. | 我带你回你房间吧 |
[22:25] | Did it look cute to you? I don’t… | 我看起来可爱吗?我不… |
[22:31] | Did you ever pursue the idea of entering the United States legally? | 你有过采用合法方式进入美国的念头吗? |
[22:34] | Yes. | 是的 |
[22:35] | But it would have taken a long time, and the chances are very… | 但是这会花费很长时间,机会也非常… |
[22:37] | So you wanted to skip the line and take the fast track. | 所以你想要走捷径 |
[22:40] | And when you were caught breaking the law, | 当你被发现违反法律时 |
[22:42] | the defendant helped you? | 被告是否帮助了你? |
[22:44] | Yes. | 是的 |
[22:45] | Who’s idea was it to seek sanctuary in the church? | 在教堂寻求避难是谁的主意? |
[22:48] | Father McClinton’s. | McClinton神父的 |
[22:50] | He said the church could provide protection while we find another way for me to stay. | 他说在找到另外的地方给我之前教堂都会给我提供保护 |
[22:54] | Ms Lopez, why did you come to the United States? | Lopez女士,你为什么要来到美国? |
[22:58] | There is no work in Mexico. | 我在墨西哥找不到工作 |
[23:00] | My brothers have to travel far to find jobs, construction, farming. | 我的兄弟都要去到很远的地方找工作,做建筑、种地 |
[23:04] | It is very hard on them, and they earn nothing. | 这对他们来说太难了,也挣不到钱 |
[23:07] | $13 each day, it’s not enough for my family to eat. | 每天13美元,不够我们一家吃的 |
[23:11] | So you broke the law and snuck into our country? | 于是你违反法律然后进入我们国家? |
[23:14] | Yes. | 是的 |
[23:15] | And now that you’ve been discovered, you’re being deported? | 现在你被发现了,你将要被遣返回去? |
[23:17] | No, I’m not going back. | 不,我不要回去 |
[23:20] | Is it true you made a deal with the prosecutor | 检察官是否和你达成交易 |
[23:22] | that you got a green card in exchange for your testimony? | 给你绿卡作为交换,你出庭来指证 |
[23:24] | Objection. Relevance. | 反对,与案件无关 |
[23:25] | It’s perfectly relevant. | 这太有关系了 |
[23:27] | Your entire case against Father McClinton is based on the contention | 起诉McClinton神父的整个案件都是基于这一内容 |
[23:30] | that illegal aliens such as Ms Lopez are a parasite on our society. | 像Lopez女士这样的非法移民是我们社会的寄生虫 |
[23:34] | Yet when it suits the government’s purposes… | 然而为了满足政府的目的… |
[23:36] | We reserve the right to grant deals to any witness we deem fit. | 我们保留给我们认为合适的证人提供交易的权利 |
[23:38] | This is just how our immigration laws are applied in general. | 我们执行移民法,一般采用通常的方式 |
[23:43] | When it suits the government, they look the other way. | 但是当为了满足政府时,会采用其他的方式 |
[23:46] | But when they want to make a point, they tear innocent families apart | 为了达到目的,他们会拆散无辜的家庭 |
[23:49] | and put a priest’s head on the chopping block. | 会把一个牧师的头送上断头台 |
[23:52] | Mr Shore! | Shore先生! |
[23:54] | Ms Lopez, why did you go to Father McClinton? | Lopez女士,你为什么会去McClinton那里? |
[23:57] | He’s a good man. | 他是个好人 |
[23:58] | He helps everyone without thinking about himself, | 他从不考虑自己而去帮助每个人 |
[24:01] | and I thought maybe he could help me. | 我觉得他会帮我 |
[24:05] | And he did? | 他帮了吗? |
[24:06] | Yes. | 是的 |
[24:08] | I’m so sorry, Father. | 对不起,神父 |
[24:10] | I wouldn’t do this if I didn’t have to. | 我不得不这么做 |
[24:23] | This is the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen. | 这是我见过的最漂亮的女孩 |
[24:30] | Here you go, mom. | 给你,妈妈 |
[24:33] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[24:34] | Oh, look at her. | 噢,看她 |
[24:36] | Look at her, she’s… | 看她… |
[24:39] | Does she look just a little bit like Jeffrey Coho to you? | 比起你来她看起来更像Jeffrey Coho |
[24:43] | I’m kidding. | 开个玩笑 |
[24:45] | – I love you. | – 我爱你 – 我爱你 – I love you. |
[24:48] | Look what we made. | 这是我们的 |
[24:50] | Hi. Hi, precious. | 嗨,小宝贝 |
[25:03] | This woman had a child. | 这个女人有一个儿子 |
[25:05] | They faced a life of certain poverty if she were deported, | 如果他们被遣返的话将面临贫困的生活 |
[25:07] | perhaps they might have starved. | 或许还会被饥饿所困 |
[25:09] | A priest has to act with mercy when everyone else refuses to. | 如果人们不帮助他们作为牧师也要基于怜悯提供帮助 |
[25:12] | But surely, Father, you can appreciate if every church started harboring illegal immigrants… | 当然,神父,但是你应当意识到如果每个教堂都开始收容非法移民的话… |
[25:17] | Yes, yes, the big picture. | 是的,壮观的画面 |
[25:18] | Well, I couldn’t look at the big picture here. | 嗯,但是在这里我没有看到壮观的画面 |
[25:20] | I was looking at one mother and her child facing an unspeakable hardship. | 我只是看到一个母亲和他的儿子面临着无可言状的困难 |
[25:24] | So it’s your belief that priests should get to break the law | 那你的信念是如果要怜悯他们的话 |
[25:27] | so long as they’re being compassionate? | 牧师可以违反法律? |
[25:29] | I didn’t state it in such simple terms. | 我不是基于那么简单的说法 |
[25:31] | But it is that simple. You harbored a fugitive | 但这确实很简单。你收容了一名难民 |
[25:33] | because you felt badly for that fugitive. | 因为你觉得她很困苦 |
[25:35] | When’s the last time you starved, Mr Sciarra? | Sciarra先生,你上次被饥饿所困是什么时候? |
[25:37] | There are many Americans that are starving. | 有很多美国人都被饥饿所困 |
[25:39] | And I do a lot to help those people, as well. Does the government? | 我为这些人民做了很多事情,政府呢? |
[25:41] | If you don’t mind, I’ll ask the questions. | 如果你不介意的话,我会问你些问题 |
[25:43] | Yes, it’s easy to ask the questions. Have you got any answers? | 回答这些问题很容易,你有答案吗? |
[25:46] | Well, one answer might be “obey the law. “ | 嗯,一个答案就是“遵守法律” |
[25:48] | We can’t even decide what the law should be on this issue, and so I… | 我们甚至不能确定在这个问题中适用什么法律,所以我… |
[25:50] | It’s clear on harboring fugitives. What you did was illegal. | 很明显这是收容难民,你所做的是违反法律的 |
[25:53] | That puts you in the company of criminals, Father. | 神父,这让你构成了犯罪 |
[25:55] | Along with Martin Luther King and other people of conscience. | 如同马丁.路德.金以及其他有良知的人们一样 |
[25:57] | Oh, oh, you liken yourself to reverend King, do you? | 噢,你把你自己比作尊敬的马丁.路德.金,不是吗? |
[26:00] | Certainly not. He wasn’t Catholic. | 当然不是,他不是天主教徒 |
[26:09] | Jerry, I’m very impressed. | Jerry,你的表现很令人惊讶 |
[26:11] | You got a satisfactory result, avoiding court, | 你取得了让人满意的结果,避免了官司 |
[26:13] | which, given the client’s anxiety, was essential. | 你当事人的焦虑症非常关键 |
[26:17] | Excellent, excellent work. | 表现得很棒 |
[26:19] | Thank you, Shirl. | 谢谢, Shirl |
[26:20] | It felt good. | 我感觉很好 |
[26:22] | Please, call me Shirley. | 拜托叫我Shirley |
[26:24] | Don’t ever call me “Shirl. “ | 不要叫我”Shirl. “ |
[26:32] | What? | 什么? |
[26:33] | – He’s not breathing! – What? | – 它没有呼吸了! – 什么? |
[26:34] | – Do you know CPR? – No, I don’t… | – 你懂得CPR吗? – 不,我不… |
[26:36] | He’s not breathing! Help him! | 没有呼吸了! 快帮帮忙! |
[26:38] | – Do you know CPR? – It’s a duck. | – 你懂得CPR吗? – 这是只鸭子 |
[26:39] | – Help him! He’s gonna die! – I’m not about to… | – 帮帮忙!它就要死了! – 我并不是… |
[26:41] | Shirley, if you know CPR… | Shirley, 如果你懂得CPR… |
[26:43] | – He’s not breathing! – It’s a duck! | – 它没有呼吸了! – 这是只鸭子! |
[26:46] | What’s wrong with you? He’s dying! | 你们怎么回事啊? 它就要死了! |
[26:48] | Oh, for God’s sake! | 噢,上帝! |
[26:51] | It’s, it’s cold. | 它已经冷了 |
[26:54] | It’s dead. | 已经死了 |
[26:55] | No! | 不! |
[26:57] | Oh, Larry! Larry! | 噢, Larry! Larry! |
[27:03] | – What the… – Dead duck. | – 这是… – 死鸭子 |
[27:11] | A burglar robs your house. | 一个小偷把你家东西给偷走了 |
[27:13] | His friend hides him from the police. | 他的朋友把他藏起来不让警察发现 |
[27:16] | They should both go to jail, shouldn’t they? | 他们两个都应该被关进监狱,不是吗? |
[27:18] | That’s exactly what happened here, | 这和现在发生的情况完全一样 |
[27:20] | only on a much larger scale. | 只是在更大的层次上 |
[27:22] | Our country is quickly being robbed of its resources | 非法进入国境的移民 |
[27:25] | by those who illegally infiltrate our borders. | 正在迅速掠夺着我们国家的资源 |
[27:28] | Welfare, public education, | 福利、公共教育 |
[27:30] | our prison system, American medicine, | 监狱系统、美国医疗 |
[27:33] | all are being drained by the influx of illegal aliens. | 正在被流入的非法移民逐渐消耗 |
[27:36] | And remember, under federal law, | 记住,根据联邦法律 |
[27:39] | hospitals are required to treat anyone who comes in with an emergency, | 医院必须对因紧急情况来到医院任何人提供医疗 |
[27:43] | whether or not they’re insured, documented or able to pay. | 无论他们是否有保险、是否合法或者是否有能力支付 |
[27:47] | In California alone, 84 hospitals are closing their doors | 单单在加州,就有84家医院被迫关门 |
[27:51] | because of the rising number of illegal immigrants | 原因就是非法移民数目 |
[27:54] | and their non-reimbursed tax on our system. | 以及他们没有支付税费数目的迅速增长 |
[27:57] | We are nearing the breaking point. | 我们正在接近临界点 |
[28:00] | This isn’t about being heartless. | 这与无情无关 |
[28:02] | It’s about having to face a crippling problem. | 而是关于我们面临着极限的问题 |
[28:05] | It would be nice to help everybody, | 帮助每个人是好的 |
[28:07] | but we just can’t do it anymore. | 但是我们不能再做了 |
[28:10] | And it’s not compassionate to do it. | 这么做并不代表着有同情心 |
[28:13] | Don’t be fooled. | 别被欺骗了 |
[28:14] | Father McClinton is not sparing suffering. | McClinton神父并不是在救助受难者 |
[28:18] | He is simply transferring it, | 他仅仅是把这种苦难转移了 |
[28:21] | reallocating it to Americans, | 转移到美国人身上 |
[28:25] | to you and me, to our children. | 转移给你、给我和给我们的后代 |
[28:28] | He is committing a crime, | 他这是在犯罪 |
[28:30] | and he needs to be held accountable. | 并且必须为此承担责任 |
[28:34] | Even if he is a priest. | 即使他是个牧师 |
[28:53] | In 1903, my great-grandfather came here from Scotland. | 1903年,我的曾祖父从苏格兰来到这里 |
[28:58] | He was 16 years old. | 那年他16岁 |
[29:01] | I remember when I was about 7, | 我记得当我7岁时 |
[29:03] | him telling me that he had sailed across the ocean to find his fortune. | 他告诉我他穿越海洋来到这里寻找财富 |
[29:10] | It was the happiest day of his life, he said, | 他说这是他一生中最幸福的日子 |
[29:13] | the day he arrived here in the United States of America. | 来到美利坚合众国的那一天 |
[29:18] | Our nation is so different today. | 我们的国家在今天已经发生了很大变化 |
[29:20] | It’s crowded, too much traffic, | 很拥挤、交通混乱 |
[29:22] | not enough housing, not enough jobs, not enough care. | 住房、就业、福利严重缺乏 |
[29:25] | We’re overcome. | 这些我们都能克服 |
[29:28] | And recently, our sense of national pride has shifted | 而在目前,我们对于国家的骄傲的信念已经发生了转变 |
[29:32] | to a nationalistic institutionalized paranoia and suspicion of foreigners. | 变成了偏执的狭隘国家主义,对外国人充满怀疑 |
[29:37] | And within that shift, | 在这种转变中 |
[29:39] | there’s been an erosion of our civil rights, | 我们的民权受到了侵蚀 |
[29:41] | our democracy has often given way to autocracy, | 我们的民主经常给独裁让步 |
[29:44] | and we’ve systematically alienated much of the rest of the world. | 我们逐渐的与世界其他地方孤立开来了 |
[29:48] | But of all the ways that America has lost sight | 所有这些使得美国丧失了 |
[29:53] | of what it means to be America… immigration… | 美国究竟意味着什么的视野…移民… |
[29:57] | It’s not just a part of our heritage or landscape, | 不仅仅是遗产或风景的一部分 |
[30:02] | it’s how we were born as a country | 这同时也是我们如何诞生成为一个国家 |
[30:06] | and then became the American dream. | 并且变成了美国梦 |
[30:09] | Understandably, we can’t just keep letting everybody in. | 可以理解,我们不能让每个人都进入我们的国家 |
[30:13] | We’ve got security issues, limited resources and at some point… | 我们有安全问题、有限的资源以及其他原因… |
[30:20] | But what to do with those who are already here | 但是我们应当如何对待已经在我们国家的 |
[30:24] | and have been here for years | 并且待上了很长时间的那些人呢? |
[30:26] | as part of our communities, our workforce, our families? | 他们已经成为我们社区、我们工作以及我们家庭的一部分 |
[30:30] | Do we just throw them out for being undocumented? | 我们仅仅就是因为他们是非法的而把他们驱逐出去? |
[30:34] | Because as a nation, we’ve cultivated them, | 作为一个国家,我们培养他们 |
[30:37] | wooed them to be here. | 也吸引他们留在这里 |
[30:38] | And what exactly do we mean by “undocumented”? | “非法”究竟意味着什么? |
[30:41] | Many of these people have documents spilling out of their pockets. | 他们许多人的口袋里都装有合法的证件 |
[30:44] | They file tax returns. | 他们纳税 |
[30:45] | They’re issued driver’s licenses, library cards. | 他们取得驾照、图书馆证 |
[30:48] | The government actually paves the way | 政府事实上已经铺好了路 |
[30:50] | for illegal immigrants to open bank accounts here. | 允许非法移民在这里开设银行账户 |
[30:52] | Bank of America and Citigroup offer them loans and mortgages. | 美国银行和花旗集团给他们提供贷款和抵押 |
[30:56] | Wellpoint, the nation’s largest healthcare provider, | 国家最大的保健提供商Wellpoint |
[30:59] | sells insurance to them, | 给他们出售保险 |
[31:01] | while Sprint and Verizon offer them cell phone contracts. | Sprint与Verizon给他们提供移动电话合同 |
[31:03] | Contrary to the popular myth | 流行的谎言 |
[31:06] | that undocumented workers are a drain on our economy, | 将非法劳工描述成正在消耗我们的国家 |
[31:09] | they are in truth, vital to it. | 与此正好相反,他们其实对于我们国家是必不可少的 |
[31:11] | That’s why this issue is so complicated. | 这就是为何这个问题如此的复杂 |
[31:14] | In a very significant way, | 从这种意义的方式看 |
[31:16] | either you or a family member or a friend, | 你,或者你的家庭成员,或者你的朋友 |
[31:19] | we all have at least one, | 我们至少有一个 |
[31:21] | if not many, undocumented immigrants living in our lives. | 如果不是很多的话,一个非法移民生活在我们的生活中 |
[31:25] | And if we just start whisking them away, | 如果我们开始把他们驱逐出去 |
[31:27] | every one of us will lose people we care about, rely on, | 我们每个人都会失去我们关心的、我们依赖的 |
[31:30] | people we love. | 以及我们爱着的人 |
[31:32] | But with perhaps as many as 20 million | 然而即使有高达2000万的 |
[31:35] | undocumented immigrants living in this country, | 非法移民生活在国内 |
[31:38] | do not think for a second this doesn’t affect you on a very personal level, | 你根本不用考虑,他们并没有影响到你们的私人生活 |
[31:43] | as it affected my client. | 如同不会影响我的当事人一样 |
[31:44] | Father McClinton reached out to help somebody he cared about, | McClinton神父向他关心的某些人伸出援助之手 |
[31:47] | one of his parishioners who needed a bed for her and her 8-year-old son to sleep on. | 他的教徒需要给她和她8岁大的儿子一张床 |
[31:51] | Does that make him a criminal? | 这就使他犯了罪? |
[31:53] | The fact that we’re in this courtroom | 我们在法庭上讨论的事实 |
[31:55] | to discuss anything other than what’s to be done for this woman and her child, | 抛开我们如何对待对这个女人和她的儿子 |
[31:58] | the fact that we’re here instead to punish this priest, | 如果我们惩罚了这名牧师 |
[32:01] | that’s what’s criminal. | 这才叫犯罪 |
[32:04] | We can no longer be the land of dreams to the rest of the world. | 对世界其他国家来说,我们不再是梦想的国度 |
[32:08] | But when I think of the look in my great-grandfather’s eyes | 我想起我看到我曾祖父的眼神 |
[32:13] | as he would talk about how truly blessed he felt to be an American, | 他谈到他作为一名美国人他是如此地感到感激 |
[32:18] | to be in a nation that prided itself | 这个国度为它自身的 |
[32:21] | on its compassion, its freedom, its true sense of fairness, | 宽容、自由以及对公平信念感到骄傲 |
[32:25] | when I think about that, I think how lucky we are | 当我想起这些时,我觉得我们是如此的幸运 |
[32:29] | that there are times when we still get to believe that. | 那是我们仍然坚信那些信念的时代 |
[32:34] | Please, go back to that room | 请回到你们的房间 |
[32:36] | and declare this day to be one of those times. | 然后来宣布今天仍然属于那个时代 |
[33:11] | Denny Crane | Denny Crane. |
[33:13] | Denny Crane bobblehead. | Denny Crane 小玩偶 |
[33:15] | Famous Boston icons. | 著名的波士顿标志 |
[33:16] | Ted Williams, Bobby Orr, Larry Bird and me. | Ted Williams, Bobby Orr, Larry Bird,还有我. (注:Ted Williams:MLB波士顿红袜队著名球员;Booby Orr:NHL波士顿棕熊队著名球员,Larry Bird:NBA波士顿凯尔特人队著名球员) |
[33:20] | The vet said the duck died of an apparent coronary, | 兽医说鸭子死于心脏突然发生剧烈变化 |
[33:23] | most likely brought on by you blasting a shotgun in its direction. | 很大可能是由于你开的那一枪 |
[33:27] | Denny, for you to fire off a shotgun in an office space, | Denny, 你在办公室开枪 |
[33:32] | loaded or not… | 不管是否上了子弹… |
[33:35] | Last week you dropped your trousers in a judge’s chambers. | 上周你在法官办公室里脱裤子 |
[33:39] | It’s getting old, Denny, and it’s getting embarrassing. | Denny,你老了,这让人尴尬 |
[33:43] | Not to me. | 我没有 |
[33:53] | This behavior will not be tolerated much longer. | 不能再容忍你这种行为 |
[33:57] | I don’t mean by the other partners, Denny. I mean by me. | Denny,我不是指其他合伙人,我是说我 |
[34:01] | I will fire you. | 我要开除你 |
[34:02] | I won’t want to, but I will damn well do it. | 我不想这样做,但我肯定要这样做 |
[34:05] | This is a warning. | 这是个警告 |
[34:13] | Could you tell me why? | C你能告诉我原因吗? |
[34:15] | What would possess you to get a shotgun? | 你为什么要拿这么一把枪? |
[34:25] | Shirley, there was a time when there was a line at my door. | Shirley, 有段时间我的门口没有界线 |
[34:28] | People wanted me on their case. | 人们希望我来处理他们的案子 |
[34:33] | Now nobody wants me on their case. | 现在没有人想要请我了 |
[34:40] | Brad and Denise had a little baby girl. Did you hear? | 你听说了吗,Brad与Denise生了个女儿 |
[34:43] | – I did. – Fantastic. | – 听说了 – 真好 |
[34:45] | You look around. Brad, Denise, Claire, Alan, | 看看周围, Brad, Denise, Claire, Alan, |
[34:49] | it’s all still in front of them, really. | 他们面前还有很多要做的,真的 |
[34:52] | It’s not in front of us anymore, Shirley. | 但是我们面前已经没有什么了, Shirley. |
[34:55] | It’s almost over. We’re old. | 快要结束了,我们老了 |
[34:59] | You can feel however you want about yourself, | 你自己怎么感觉我不管 |
[35:02] | and I’ll choose how to feel about me. | 我只管我是怎么觉得的 |
[35:04] | Shirley… | Shirley… |
[35:07] | you’re a beautiful woman, smart, still relevant, really. | 你是个很漂亮的女人,聪明,真的 |
[35:11] | But you’re old. | 但是你老了 |
[35:13] | You’re closing in on the end. | 你已经快到尽头了 |
[35:16] | Not as fast as I am, but… | 尽管没有我那么快,但是… |
[35:19] | eh, we’re rich. We certainly don’t need to work, but we do so, | 嗯,我们很有钱,我们当然不需要工作,我们工作 |
[35:22] | not only because we love it, | 不仅仅是因为我们喜欢 |
[35:24] | but because we’re desperate for distraction, | 而是因为我们急切需要消遣 |
[35:27] | like running around shooting a shotgun. | 像打枪 |
[35:31] | It can be more fun than sitting in your office acting your age. | 这比起坐在办公室做你年经该做的事情就有趣多了 |
[35:48] | Will the defendant please rise? | 被告请起立 |
[35:51] | Mr Foreman, has the jury reached a unanimous verdict? | Foreman先生, 陪审团是否已经达成一致裁决? |
[35:54] | We have, your honor. | 是的,法官 |
[35:55] | What say you? | 请宣读 |
[35:58] | “On the count of harboring an illegal alien, “ | “关于教堂收容非法移民一案, “ |
[36:00] | “we find the defendant Nicholas McClinton” | “我们判定被告Nicholas McClinton” |
[36:04] | “guilty. “ | “犯罪成立 “ |
[36:05] | Ask your honor to enter a judgment notwithstanding the verdict. | 尽管陪审团做出裁决,仍然请求法官进行判决 |
[36:08] | Denied. ROR is granted until sentencing. | 驳回。在判决执行前授予ROR |
[36:10] | – We will appeal this. – Thank you. | – 我们要上诉 – 谢谢 |
[36:13] | Please don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[36:14] | That’s the beauty of my job. | 这正是我工作的魅力之处 |
[36:16] | I can do it anywhere. | 我了解 |
[36:39] | We’re going to have another ceremony as soon as Denise is feeling up to it, so… | 在Denise感觉好点后我们将举办另外一个仪式,所以… |
[36:43] | But you are officially married? | 但是你们已经正式结婚了? |
[36:45] | Mr and Mrs Brad Chase. | Brad Chase先生与太太 |
[36:48] | What’s your daughter’s name, Brad? | Brad,你女儿叫什么名字? |
[36:49] | – Bradley. – Okay. | – 好 – Bradley. |
[36:51] | A beautiful thing, having a baby. | 小孩出生,多美好的事情啊 |
[36:53] | Think you got any eggs left, Shirl? | 想想你有没有生下过一个呢,Shirley |
[36:54] | Spit one out for old time’s sake. That’d be a hoot. | 看在时间的份上吐出来一个吧,没什么大不了的 |
[36:58] | Talk about your miracles. | 谈谈你的奇迹吧 |
[37:00] | I was just making cocktail conversation. I apologize. | 我只是在进行鸡尾酒会的对话,非常抱歉 |
[37:04] | Hey! Oh, hey. | 嗨,噢,嗨 |
[37:06] | A special cigar. | 特制雪茄 |
[37:08] | I was saving it for your first son. | 我是为你第一个儿子准备的 |
[37:10] | But what the hell? A daughter’s not so bad. | 管他呢,女儿也不错 |
[37:12] | – This isn’t China. – Thanks, Denny. | – 这又不是在中国 – 谢谢, Denny. |
[37:13] | Straight from Cuba. | 直接从古巴过来的货 |
[37:15] | As legal as my gardener. | 像我的园丁那样合法 |
[37:22] | Is that a cigar or what? Denny Crane. | 这是雪茄吗? Denny Crane. |
[37:37] | Quiet tonight. | 今晚好安静 |
[37:39] | Well, I lost. | 嗯,我输了 |
[37:41] | I don’t like to lose. | 我讨厌失败 |
[37:44] | Well, I sympathized with the priest. | 嗯,我同情那个牧师 |
[37:51] | But this immigration mess, you know, it’s… | 但是移民太混论了,你知道的… |
[37:53] | A mess. | 混乱 |
[37:54] | At any given moment in my house, | 在我家里的任何时候 |
[37:56] | I’ve got a cook and a maid and a gardner and a car detailer | 我雇有厨师、女佣、园丁、修车的 |
[38:00] | and a pool man and a handyman and a hooker, | 清理游泳池的、干杂物的,还有个妓女 |
[38:03] | and I’d be the only one that’s documented, | 我是其中唯一一个合法的 |
[38:05] | except maybe the hooker. | 可能除了那个妓女之外 |
[38:10] | You typically have an answer for our most difficult problems, Denny. | Denny,你很有代表性的回答了这个最难的问题 |
[38:14] | What’s the Tom DeLay part of you say about this? | 如果你是Tom DeLay你会怎么说? (注:Tom Delay,美国众议院议员) |
[38:17] | Ship them off to Iraq, let them fight our war, | 把他们送到伊拉克,让他们打仗 |
[38:19] | and after, don’t let them back in. | 然后不让他们回来 |
[38:21] | Dig deeper. | 再深入一点 |
[38:23] | Medical research. Test new drugs on them. | 进行医学研究,在他们身上做新的药物试验 |
[38:25] | What’s your Dick Cheney say? | Dick Cheney怎么说呢? (注:Dick Cheney,美国副总统) |
[38:27] | – Shoot them. – Problem solved. | – 把他们枪毙了 – 问题解决 |
[38:31] | Shirley threatened to fire me today. | Shirley今天威胁说要炒掉我 |
[38:34] | – For what? – I killed a duck. | – 为什么? – 我杀死了一只鸭子 |
[38:37] | Accident. It had a heart attack. | 这是意外,这只鸭子有心脏病 |
[38:40] | Shirley was fond of the duck? | Shirley喜欢那只鸭子? |
[38:42] | I’m assuming. | 我觉得是 |
[38:45] | – She’s in denial. – About the duck? | – 她否认了 – 关于鸭子? |
[38:47] | About getting old. | 关于她老了 |
[38:50] | How is it the youth rule this country? | 年轻人统治这个国家会怎么样? |
[38:53] | I don’t get it. The old have all the money. | 我不知道,老人控制了全部的财富 |
[38:55] | Yes, but don’t you think the real joy in life lies in the promise of tomorrow? | 是的,难道你不觉得今天的快乐正是明天的承诺吗? |
[39:01] | The young simply have more tomorrows stacked up. That’s all. | 年轻人有更多的明天,就是这样 |
[39:05] | Happiness… | 幸福… |
[39:08] | is right now, my friend. | 就是现在,朋友 |
[39:10] | On this balcony, right now, you and me. | 现在,在这个阳台上,你和我 |
[39:12] | I love how you reduce everything in life to… | 我喜欢你把生活中的所有事情都简化成 |
[39:15] | You and me. | 你和我 |
[39:22] | Alan… | Alan… |
[39:24] | let’s drink from the cup. | 用这个杯子喝酒吧 |
[39:27] | That’s gonna be a lot of scotch. | 有很多苏格兰威士忌 |
[39:29] | It’s the Holy Grail, man. | 这可是圣杯啊 |
[39:32] | Gordie Howe | Gordie Howe drank from this cup. |
[39:37] | Rocket Richard, Basil Pocklington. | Rocket Richard, Basil Pocklington都用这个曾经喝过 (注:均为NHL著名球员) |
[39:40] | Here you go. | 现在到你了 |
[39:45] | Scotch actually breathes rather well in trophies. | 在获得奖杯时喝苏格兰威士忌味道特别香 |
[39:48] | Now we can say we drank from Lord Stanley’s cup. | 现在我们是获得了Lord Stanley杯 |
[39:56] | What a thing to be able to tell our grandchildren. | 这是值得和我们孙子讲述的事情 |
[39:58] | – Go get a camera. – Denny, careful. | – 去拿相机来 – Denny, 小心 |
[40:00] | No, no, don’t worry. Get a camera, and we’ll… | 别,别着急. 拿相机来,然后我们… |
[40:05] | That will leave a significant ding. | 这是重要的时刻 |
[40:10] | Killed a duck, dropped the grail, all in the same day. | 在同一天,杀死鸭子,把圣杯弄掉 |