时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Shirley. | Shirley. |
[00:00] | I’m very sorry, but you won’t be making partner. | 很抱歉但是我们没办法让你入席董事. |
[00:05] | Jerry Espenson has been suffering needlessly his entire life. | Jerry Espenson这辈子 至今为止永远只有被嫌弃的份. |
[00:09] | Now he has chance to find a measure of peace. | 现在我们得给他一个合理的交代. |
[00:12] | That’s justice, Shirley. | 这才是正义, Shirley. |
[00:14] | To friendship, my colleague. | 友谊长存,我的同伴. |
[00:17] | Right on my balcony? | 直接在我的阳台上好上了? |
[00:20] | I don’t want you on my balcony, on, on any balcony… | 我不准你在我的阳台-在任何一个阳台上… |
[00:23] | alone with that man. | 跟那个男人独处. |
[00:26] | Okay. | Okay. |
[00:34] | Good morning. | 早安. |
[00:37] | Hello! | 哈?k! |
[00:40] | Family good? | 家人都还好吧? |
[00:44] | How about those sox? | 红袜队干得怎样? |
[00:56] | Knock knock. | 敲敲敲. |
[00:58] | Jerry. | Jerry. |
[01:00] | Always a surprise. | 总是让我有意外的惊喜. |
[01:02] | Shirley. | Shirley. |
[01:03] | First, I bear no ill will towards you for totally screwing me out of partner. | 首先,我想讲的是对于之前你把我剔 除董事候选人名单的事情我已经不在意了. |
[01:09] | Thank you. | 真是谢谢阿.(= =汗) |
[01:10] | And, uh, no hard feelings here for you trying to slit my throat. | 对于你把刀子架在 我脖子上的事情我也已经不在意了^^. |
[01:15] | I’m very embarrassed over that. | 我很抱歉. |
[01:17] | Don’t beat yourself up. | 别为此自责了. |
[01:20] | What, what’s on your mind, Jerry? | 是什么风把你吹来的呢, Jerry? |
[01:24] | I want my job back. | 我希望可以复职. |
[01:28] | I’ve got myself a nice little practice. Here’s a list of clients. | 离开之后我接了不少案子. 这些都是我建立的客户群. |
[01:31] | – Many are blue-chip. – Uh… | 很多都是大客户. 恩… |
[01:34] | having succeeded in building your own firm, | 你已经成功的建立起自己的事业了, |
[01:38] | why would you want to come back? | 为什么你还想要回来呢? |
[01:40] | I miss the camaraderie. | 我怀念这边的工作同伴. |
[01:42] | Jerry, you never spoke to anyone. | Jerry,你从来不跟人说话的. |
[01:44] | I’ve improved in that department. | 我已经有所进步了. |
[01:47] | What, what is it really, Jerry? | 可以告诉我实话吗, Jerry? |
[01:50] | Well… | 这么说吧… |
[01:52] | last week, I had a case against Clarence Bell actually, | 上个礼拜我接了一个跟Clarence Bell 对立的案子, |
[01:56] | a lovely man who works here. | 他是一个在这边工作的好好先生. |
[01:58] | I was rather ugly in the trial, cutthroat. | 但是在庭上我的手段却是无情且卑鄙的. |
[02:01] | I’ve become more and more aware | 我越来越意识到 |
[02:03] | that’s what you must be sometimes in order to win cases, | 有时候为了去赢一场官司得要不择手段, |
[02:06] | which I can accept. | 这我能接受. |
[02:07] | But you have to be that way far too often in order to compete in the marketplace, | 但是随着竞争之下, 这种不择手段的态度跟次数只会无限的增加, |
[02:13] | whether it’s poaching clients or beating up vendors. | 尤其抢客户跟盘问反对方的时候. |
[02:17] | It’s a very cruel world out there. | 外面的世界是很残酷的. |
[02:21] | I hadn’t noticed. | 不难以发现. |
[02:22] | I don’t want to be that way. It’s not who I am. | 我不想要这样.我不想要戴着面具过日子. |
[02:29] | I’ll tell you what, I will think about this. | 我会好好考虑的. |
[02:33] | Any request this outrageous deserves attention. | 不管怎么说这都是一个值得重视的事情. |
[02:37] | But I do have a rule of thumb when I hire people. | 但是在聘请员工的时候我有我自己的规则. |
[02:42] | I need to be convinced they could be happy here. | 他们得说服我 让我知道他们热爱在这边工作. |
[02:45] | Oh, I could be. Shirley, I assure you, | 我绝对会. Shirley, 我跟你保证, |
[02:47] | just the thought of getting to come back here again puts a song in my heart. | 光想到我有机会复职, 我在脑袋中就开始在唱歌了. |
[02:51] | I actually walk about singing it in my head. | 事实上,在我走过来的 时候我就已经在脑袋里唱了. |
[02:54] | You, you sing a song in your head? | 你在脑袋里唱歌? |
[02:56] | Yes. | 是的. |
[02:58] | Could you hum a few bars? | 你哼几句来让我听听怎样? |
[03:00] | Very good. | 真的很好听. |
[03:01] | No, really. I would like to hear the song. | 我是认真的,我想听你哼哼看. |
[03:06] | Well… | 恩… |
[03:08] | okay. | 好吧. |
[03:47] | On what grounds were you arrested, Mr. Kallah? | 你在哪边被捕, Mr Kallah? |
[03:50] | I was suspected of having ties to Al Qaeda, which is ridiculous. | 我被怀疑跟盖达组织 有关系,这是无稽之谈. |
[03:54] | I’m assuming you’re not an American citizen. | 我猜你不是美国公民. |
[03:57] | – I’m British. – Commie. | 我是英国人. 这个共产党. |
[04:00] | My sister is an American citizen through marriage. | 我的妹妹嫁给了个美国人并且移民了 |
[04:02] | – I’m applying for citizenship. – Are you on a no-fly list? | 我也正在以依亲的方式办理移民. 你也在禁飞名单上吗? |
[04:05] | I have been. Went to rehab. | 我就曾经被放在名单上. 但现在已经弄好了. |
[04:07] | They love me now. | 他们很爱我. |
[04:09] | Why were you in Afghanistan in the first place? | 你一开始跑去阿富汗干什么呢 |
[04:11] | I was there on a humanitarian effort, | 我去那边做一些人道救援, |
[04:13] | bringing food, medical supplies to some impoverished villagers. | 给那些受难的村民一些食物跟药品. |
[04:16] | I was arrested by US intelligence officers. | 我被美国的情报员所逮捕. |
[04:18] | And sent to Guantanamo. | 然后把我关在Guantanamo美军基地. |
[04:21] | For two years. | 整整两年. |
[04:24] | Who won the Super bowl? | 猜猜看谁赢了足球联盟大赛? |
[04:27] | It’ll be on the test. I’m just trying to help, son. | 人家多半会盘问你这个问题. 我只是想帮忙.(= =汗) |
[04:29] | Mr. Kallah, you’re a Harvard-educated man, | Mr Kallah, 你在哈佛读书过, |
[04:31] | presumably well-informed. | 你应该比谁都更聪明. |
[04:34] | If you’ve so much as bothered to read the newspapers, | 如果你是个会看报纸的人 |
[04:36] | which not everybody does, I grant you, | ―即使可能性不大, 我得郑重的跟你讲, |
[04:38] | it can interfere with leadership skills. | 这种官司直接影响到国家政策上的制度 |
[04:42] | You know suing for abuse at Guantanamo is next to impossible. | 连法官同不同意开庭都是 个问题了更别谈说想控告美国国军了. |
[04:45] | Which is why I’ve come to you. | 这就是为什么我跑来见你的原因. |
[04:47] | Commie. | 这个共产党. |
[04:49] | I was tortured by agents of the United States. | 我被美国军队严刑拷打. |
[04:51] | I should get to sue the United States. | 我就有权力去控告美国. |
[04:53] | I don’t know what tribe you’re from, sport, | 我不知道你这根葱是打哪来的, |
[04:56] | but this is America. | 大是这是山姆大叔的领土. |
[04:57] | Human rights are so yesterday here. Get with the program. | 人权这玩意早就过时了.学聪明点吧傻蛋. |
[05:03] | – What? – Mr. Kallah, you can thank Denny Crane. | 什么? Mr. Kallah,你该谢谢Denny Crane. |
[05:06] | He’s just persuaded me to take your case. | 他让我不得不接下你这份案子. |
[05:19] | Have you lost your mind? | 你疯了吗? |
[05:21] | More times than I care to mention, judge. | 法官大人, 如果你听不懂的话我愿意多讲几次. |
[05:23] | And it seems like each time with a different woman. | 似乎每个女人都有类似的毛病. |
[05:25] | Are you free for lunch? | 你午餐有约了吗? |
[05:27] | Mr Shore, Mr. Shore, it would not be wise to make sexual advances. | 在法庭上开黄腔不是个聪明的举动; |
[05:31] | I tend to accept them. | 因为通常我都会接受. |
[05:34] | Can we turn to the case? | 把焦点放在案子上好吗? |
[05:37] | I’ve completely forgotten what it’s about. | 我都忘记我今天来这边干嘛了. |
[05:40] | Your honor, perhaps you could refresh me over lunch. | 法官大人, 或许你可以在餐桌上帮我复习一下. |
[05:43] | It’s about you suing the government for Guantanamo abuses, | 你们控告政府在 Guantanamo基地对你的客户施暴, |
[05:47] | bringing it in state court, no less, instead of federal where it belongs. | 有趣的是你们竟然 选择州立法庭而不是联邦法庭. |
[05:50] | And the courts have ruled it doesn’t even belong there. | 更别提此案根本不应该 在此受审而是该在阿富汗受审. |
[05:53] | It’s barred on jurisdictional grounds. | 据法本庭无权插手这个案子. |
[05:55] | My father used to say to me, “never accept no for an answer.” | 我爸曾经告诉我绝不接受别人跟你说不 |
[05:58] | Of course he’d spank me if I didn’t accept it from him. | 当然如果我小时候敢跟他说 不的话早就被打得像猪头了. |
[06:00] | – Do you spank, your honor? – I jail. | 你打人吗,法官大人? 我关人. |
[06:02] | 30 seconds as to why I should entertain this lawsuit. | 给你三十秒钟来说服我受审这个案子. |
[06:05] | Okay. | Okay. |
[06:06] | I realize the jurisdictional barriers are prohibitive, but, your honor, | 我意识到这种所谓的法案地区性限制的 条例是很没意义的,而你,聪慧的法官大人 |
[06:10] | we don’t let little things like the law stand in our way in this great country. | 绝对不会让这种小事情 阻挡你去执行这个国家应有的正义. |
[06:13] | The law, for example, recognizes the Geneva convention, | 想想看即使我们都签下了<日内瓦公约>, |
[06:16] | but we say the hell with it. | 今天,我们美国人根本就不鸟它. |
[06:17] | The law has very strict regulations on domestic wiretapping, | 即使法律明文规定不准监听民用电话, |
[06:20] | we say the hell with it. | 美国政府也不鸟它. |
[06:21] | The law says if you shoot somebody with a shotgun mistaking him for a quail, | 即使今天你以为你 射了一只鹌鹑却不小心射死人了, |
[06:25] | Mr Shore… – you really should call the police. – Mr. Shore… | 法律说你得打电话报警. |
[06:27] | We’re cowboys, judge. | 我们是狂放不羁的牛仔啊!法官大人. |
[06:28] | We do what we want, whether it’s starting wars, | 我们想干嘛就干嘛! 这就是为什么我们今天有权力去挑起战争! |
[06:30] | changing daylight savings time. | 随便去更改日光节约时间. |
[06:32] | We like to play it fast and loose in this country, | 我们喜欢速战速决, |
[06:34] | making it up as we go along. | 这就是我们的一贯的作风. |
[06:35] | You’re not helping yourself. | 你讲的这些完全都没有帮助. |
[06:37] | Your honor, there’s a rumor about you. Several actually. | 法官大人,坊间都流传 一个谣言,事实上是好几个谣言. |
[06:40] | But the rumor I speak of is that you give a damn. | 但是我想讲的是, 人家都说你为人所不敢为. |
[06:42] | That’s why I’m here. | 这就是我站在这里的原因. |
[06:43] | If I’m wrong, no hard feelings. I’m still free for lunch. | 如果你还是不允许开庭的话, 我也不会太难过.我还是有空陪你吃午餐 |
[06:49] | I will listen to your client just to determine | 我会听听看你的客户怎么说 |
[06:51] | if I’ll even accept this case on jurisdictional grounds. | 来决定我是不是要不顾 法规之下还让你们在这里开庭 |
[06:54] | – You’re not serious. – 2 o’clock. Adjourned. | 你不是认真的吧. 下午两点.解散. |
[06:58] | Don’t you be taking your pants off for her. | 你没打算在她面前脱掉你的裤子吗. |
[07:00] | – You read my mind. – I’m serious, Alan. | 你的读心术真是厉害. 我是认真的, Alan. |
[07:03] | She’s famous for telling lawyers to drop trou in her chambers. | 大家都知道她常常把律师叫到 她的房间内然后叫他们把裤子拖掉 |
[07:07] | And more times than not, they do it. | 与其说不,大部分的律师都很乐意这样做. |
[07:10] | I’ll only be dropping trou for you. | 只有你有那个魅力让我脱掉我的小裤裤. |
[07:13] | You are so sweet. | 你嘴真甜. |
[07:15] | Are you becoming romantic, Alan? | 你也开始懂得浪漫了吗, Alan? |
[07:18] | Well, now that you mention it… | 既然你提到了… |
[07:31] | My God. | 我的天阿. |
[07:33] | Did you know yellow roses were my favorite? | 你怎么知道黄玫瑰是我的最爱? |
[07:35] | I asked around. | 我四处问过了. |
[07:37] | Six. | 六朵. |
[07:38] | You know, I just lost six yellow roses. This is perfect. | 你知道吗? 这真是太完美了,有人刚偷了六朵. |
[07:43] | I had a dozen in my office. | 我的办公室里面有十二朵. |
[07:46] | And six mysteriously disappeared. | 其他六朵莫名其妙的不见了. |
[07:50] | And wow. | 现在,你看看. |
[07:52] | This is fate, I guess. | 这就像在作梦一样. |
[07:55] | You’re the best. | 我最爱你了. |
[08:05] | She’s not good for you, Alan. | 她不适合你, Alan. |
[08:06] | – Why not? – She just isn’t. | 为什么? 就是不适合. |
[08:08] | A woman knows these things. Trust me. | 女人都有神秘的第六感. 相信我. |
[08:10] | – Denny, you’re not a woman. – Whatever! | Denny, 你有小鸡鸡吧. 随便啦! |
[08:14] | I don’t like her. | 我不喜欢她. |
[08:16] | – You’re jealous. – Not jealous. | 你只是在忌妒而已. 才不是. |
[08:18] | Denny… – Denny… – It isn’t that. | 就跟你说不是了. |
[08:22] | But it’s where you’ll be going now for all of your sleepovers. | 我现在已经可以预见 你以后只会站在你的马子那边. |
[08:24] | Not all. I promise. | 我保证不会这样. |
[08:27] | Don’t like you representing a commie terrorist. | 我不喜欢你替共产主义的恐怖分子辩护. |
[08:30] | He’s not a terrorist. | 她不是恐怖份子. |
[08:31] | Can’t you just once be for this country? | 你就不能偶尔替这个国家做些好事吗? |
[08:33] | I am for this country. I love this country. | 我一直都做的. 我爱这个国家. |
[08:35] | And can’t you just once love George Bush? | 你就不能偶而爱一下布希吗? |
[08:37] | Well, that presents a slightly… bigger challenge. | 即使这真的有一点难度. |
[08:41] | But I’ll tell you what, invite him to go fishing with us. | 但我告诉你我会叫他过来陪我们钓鱼. |
[08:44] | – The president? – Why not? | 总统? 为何不? |
[08:47] | I doubt he knows how to fish. | 我只是不太确定他懂不懂得钓鱼. |
[08:49] | Denny, he’s leader of the free world. | Denny, 他是自由世界的领导人. |
[08:51] | Surely he must be capable of outsmarting a salmon. | 他当然懂得怎么钓鲑鱼. |
[08:58] | No? | 没这么聪明吗? |
[09:01] | I don’t want you sleeping with that woman. | 我不想要你跟那个女的再一起. |
[09:04] | And I don’t want you attacking my country. | 而且我也不想看到你攻击这个国家. |
[09:10] | Denny… – Stop looking at me. – Denny… | 别看我. |
[09:12] | I know you’re looking at me. I asked you to stop. | 我知道你在看我.我说过了不准看. |
[09:14] | – Fine. | 好. 就这样. – Fine. |
[09:20] | Okay, I’ve thought about it and I still have a few questions. | Okay, 我已经认真的 考虑过了但是我还有一点问题. |
[09:26] | First… | 第一… |
[09:30] | really, Jerry? | 你确定吗, Jerry? |
[09:32] | Really. | 不能再更确定了. |
[09:34] | The best times of my life were here. | 在这里的生活是我人生中最快乐的日子. |
[09:38] | Which part exactly, | 哪一部分?, |
[09:40] | being ostracized, turned down for partner, | 被排斥,不通过董事资格, |
[09:42] | the arrest for attempted murder? I realize it was all good. | 被指控谋杀而收押? 这一切都让我难以忘记 |
[09:47] | Most office places, | 在大部份的办公室内, |
[09:49] | everybody’s mired in their computers or blackberries, | 人们总是炫耀他们的电脑跟黑莓手机, |
[09:52] | on their cell phones even in the bathrooms. | 手机等,甚至家里面的浴室多好. |
[09:54] | Most exchanges take place by e-mail, text message or I. M. | 然后这些交流都是 通过email,简讯,甚至是部落格. |
[09:59] | It’s become such an impersonal universe. | 每个人的行为变得越来越失去人性化. |
[10:03] | Here… | 但是这里… |
[10:05] | everyone is so in each other’s faces. | 每个人都是面对面的交流. |
[10:08] | I realize now, it’s quite magical. | 而我终于意识到, 这简直像是童话般的魔术一样. |
[10:11] | Personally, I could do with a little less magic. | 事实上,我可以让把大家管得严一些. |
[10:13] | How joyous that you people actually know one another. | 公司间彼此都知道谁是谁 ,这是多么美妙阿. |
[10:17] | Could it be any more human? | 我去哪里找的到更人性化的公司? |
[10:20] | No matter where you look, one’s got mad cow, | 不管别人怎么看待, 即使我们有个疯牛病患者, |
[10:23] | you’ve got the funny one who salutes and does push-ups, | 即使我们有个像个官兵 一样严肃还天天做伏地挺身的, |
[10:27] | there’s the transvestite and the girl who loves him, | 即使还有个有变装癖的 惊奇的是他还有女朋友, |
[10:30] | a dwarf who comes and goes, and how to begin to explain Alan… | 甚至有侏儒天天在这边走来走去, 讲到这边我更不需要提起Alan了… |
[10:36] | Certainly you can make room for one lawyer | 这一切的一切都显示出你们绝对能够 |
[10:40] | who keeps his hands on his thighs and purrs. | 有空间接受另外一个天天 把手放在打腿上还会低吼的律师. |
[10:48] | And then there’s you, | 最重要的个公司还有你, |
[10:49] | who’s actually considering rehiring a man who… | 一个会去考虑要不要让一个 把蛋糕刀架在她脖子上 |
[10:54] | held a serrated cake knife to your throat. | 的律师复职的伟大工作者. |
[10:57] | Such compassion for forgiveness. | 这是无私精神以及宽恕的最高境界. |
[11:03] | That makes you the most human of them all. | 这让人知道你是如何人性化的管理这公司. |
[11:10] | Okay. | Okay. |
[11:13] | First, that was very good. | 第一,你讲得很精彩. |
[11:15] | Second, it was actually moving. | 第二,你的话真的让我很感动. |
[11:22] | Let me see if I can run this up the flagpole… | 让我看看我还能够怎样帮你― |
[11:25] | It is not a yes yet, Jerry. | 这不代表你一定能复职, Jerry. |
[11:28] | But maybe I can cause some of the others here to also lose their mind. | 但也许我能够让其他人来支持我们. |
[11:32] | Thank you, Shirl! | 谢谢你, Shirl! |
[11:33] | Yeah. It’s Shirley. You can go now. | 叫我Shirley. 你可以走了. |
[11:41] | My hopes are so high, | 我知道我的希望很大, |
[11:43] | I have to do a higher hop just to see them. | 我得要跳得高一点,让我看见希望. |
[11:46] | I know the feeling. | 我知道那感受. |
[11:59] | I’m sorry, I have no comment. | 我很抱歉,我没什么言论好发表的. |
[12:01] | Denny, do you have any comment? | Denny, 你想说些什么吗? |
[12:04] | I have nothing against Guantanamo by the bay. | 我们不是想跟 Guantanamo美军基地对着干. |
[12:07] | I happen to like resorts. | 只是有人向我们求助我们不得不帮忙. |
[12:08] | And as for suing the country, well, I think it’s wrong, | 即使是我们得控告我们的政府. 顺道一提,我觉得这是错的, |
[12:10] | but the client paid the money. | 但是客户付了钱,他就是大爷 |
[12:12] | But let me say this, | 但是让我讲一句话, |
[12:13] | in no other country can you challenge a government like you can in the US of A. | 没有一个国家能像美国一样这么自由 可以天天让人想告就告. |
[12:18] | And that’s what freedom’s all about, the right to express unpopular opinions. | 这就是民主自由.这就是公众的权力. |
[12:23] | Except if you have Arab blood, then it’s straight to Cuba you go. | 除非你是阿拉伯来的 ,这样的话你可以直接滚去古巴了. |
[12:27] | We’re in a war here, guys. Come on. | 我们国家正在打仗,脑袋想清楚点吧. |
[12:29] | Denny Crane. | Denny Crane. |
[12:31] | Did anybody tell you why you were being arrested? | 有任何人跟你讲过你被捕的罪因吗? |
[12:33] | No. | 没有. |
[12:34] | I was grabbed, taken to a cell. | 我被绑然后直接丢到监狱里. |
[12:37] | A day later, I was interrogated. | 第二天,我就受审了. |
[12:39] | I was able to deduce from the questions | 他们从盘问的问题中推测出 |
[12:41] | that I was believed to have connections to either Al Qaeda or the Taliban. | 他们相信我跟盖达组织 或者塔里班有直接关系. |
[12:44] | What evidence did they present to support this suspicion? | 他们有提出相关的证据来佐证吗? |
[12:47] | I have never, ever been presented with any evidence. | 他们从来没有拿出任何证据来给我看. |
[12:51] | Two years later, after being abused and tortured, | 在两年的拷打以及虐待之后, |
[12:53] | I was released. | 他们是放了我. |
[12:55] | There again, no reason was ever given. | 而且再次的,没给我半点理由. |
[12:57] | Did you have a lawyer? | 你有律师吗? |
[12:58] | We were not allowed to have lawyers. | 他们不准我们申请律师. |
[13:00] | You told them that you had been living in the United States on a visa | 你有跟他们说你有美国签证 |
[13:04] | while attending Harvard university? | 而且在哈佛上课吗? |
[13:07] | They were not impressed. | 他们听到后不太高兴. |
[13:09] | Mr. Kallah, you’ve stated that you were tortured. | Mr Kallah, 你说你被虐待了. |
[13:15] | Can you give us an example? | 可以给我一些例子吗? |
[13:18] | I was beaten, | 我被打… |
[13:21] | repeatedly deprived of sleep. | 一次又一次,尤其是我在睡着得时候… |
[13:24] | I was forced to wear a hood over my head, sometimes for days. | 我被迫戴上面罩,甚至有时候… |
[13:30] | I was sexually humiliated. | 我还被性污辱… |
[13:33] | How so? | 怎样的性污辱? |
[13:35] | I’d rather not go into it. | 如果可以我不想谈. |
[13:39] | And what else? | 还有什么? |
[13:41] | I was forced to lie in a fetal position | 我在屈打成招之下不得不说谎 |
[13:44] | with my eyes and my mouth duct taped. | 他们把我的眼睛跟嘴巴都封上胶带. |
[13:48] | The worst part… | 让我最绝望的是… |
[13:51] | was that we felt it was forever. | 在那当中我不知道 这场恶梦什么时候才会结束. |
[13:53] | We were never gonna be released. We were never gonna get a trial. | 我怕我们永远不会被放出去. 我怕我们永远没那个机会去上诉. |
[13:58] | One man, Ali. | 有个男人, Ali. |
[14:02] | A friend. | 我的一个朋友. |
[14:04] | He was arrested with me. | 他跟我一起被收押. |
[14:08] | What happened to your friend, sir? | 你朋友怎么样了呢? |
[14:11] | Finally, he couldn’t take it. | 他到最后终于受不了了. |
[14:17] | He hung himself. | 他上吊自杀了. |
[14:19] | He committed suicide? | 他自杀了? |
[14:20] | The Pentagon called it, “manipulative, self-injurious behavior,” | 军方是这样解释的”这是个的自伤性行为, |
[14:24] | “an act of asymmetric warfare engaged against the United States.” | 这种行为只是想要反对美国的军事行动.” |
[14:30] | Was your friend a terrorist? | 你的朋友是恐怖份子吗? |
[14:34] | No. He was a doctor. | 不.他是个医生. |
[14:40] | He tried to kill you. | 他差点杀了你. |
[14:42] | Not really. | 他没有. |
[14:43] | And let’s face it, we did sort of screw him. | 我们承认吧. 我们的确对他有不公的地方. |
[14:46] | No, we denied him partnership, which is our right. | 完全没有. 决定别人是否可以入席董事是我们的权力. |
[14:49] | He pulled a knife. Not his right. | 拿刀架在别人脖子上,不是他的权力. |
[14:52] | Look, I know it’s nuts, | 听着我知道这听起来很疯狂, |
[14:53] | but there were mitigating circumstances, his Asperger’s being one. | 无论如何我们的确因为 他的阿斯伯格症而对他有一些偏见. |
[14:58] | He’s become a pretty good litigator, | 他已经成为一个很好的辩护师了, |
[15:00] | and we’re about to lose Denise to maternity any day now. | 而且 Denise马上就要 进产房了,我们可是很缺人手的 |
[15:02] | We could use the help. | 他可以在我们这边大展手脚. |
[15:05] | Let’s just do it on a trial basis. | 我们就试用看他看看. |
[15:07] | If for no other reason than to assuage my conscience. | 这样一来我的良心可以好过一些. |
[15:17] | The charitable organization that you worked for was based out of Pakistan? | 你所参加的慈善组织 是在巴基斯坦当地成立的? |
[15:21] | – Yes. – You’re aware that the organization has been linked to Al Qaeda? | 是的. 你很清楚这个组织是跟盖达有关系的? |
[15:25] | When you’re trying to do aid work in a Taliban-controlled area, | 当你在塔里班控制的 地区之内做救援工作时, |
[15:28] | – deals have to be made. – I said Al Qaeda. | 你得牺牲一些道德理想. 我是说盖达组织. |
[15:29] | The Taliban and Al Qaeda saw humanitarian efforts as part of the US offensive. | 塔里班跟盖达组织完全将 美国的人道组织当作粪土般对待. |
[15:33] | We saw hungry kids. | 我看到那些快饿死的孩子. |
[15:35] | We did what was necessary to feed them. | 我们努力的让他们有饭吃. |
[15:39] | So would you describe yourself as being cooperative with the officials that detained you, | 所以根据你的形容你是在 帮助那些跟我们政府处于敌对, |
[15:42] | or hostile? | 跟对抗的组织? |
[15:44] | I protested my innocence. If you call that uncooperative… | 我为我的清白而今天上了公堂. 你如果觉得我不够合作的话― |
[15:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢. |
[15:47] | And, sir, you were initially detained by Afghani tribesmen, were you not? | 先生,你刚去的时候是不是 被阿富汗的部落给囚禁?? |
[15:50] | They turned you over to US authorities, alleging that you were Al Qaeda. | 他们把你送去美军机构 然后说你是盖达组织成员. |
[15:53] | Afghani tribesmen were offered cash rewards to turn people in. | 因为他们只要抓到人送 去美军基地就有赏金可以拿. |
[15:56] | The CIA had posters promising millions of dollars. | CIA贴上去的悬赏奖金高达一百万美元. |
[15:59] | Afghani tribesmen were surrendering their own mothers. | 他们连亲生子女都可以拿去卖了. |
[16:02] | Well, can you present any evidence | 你有任何证据可以佐证吗? |
[16:03] | that would prove that you were not connected to Al Qaeda? | 有任何证据显示你跟盖达组织没关系吗? |
[16:06] | Can I prove a negative? | 那请问你们有办法证明我是吗? |
[16:07] | Are we being asked to do that now? | 证明我是不是盖达组织成员才是焦点吗? |
[16:24] | You’re making a big mistake. | 你正在犯一个天大的错误. |
[16:28] | Tell me. | 怎么说. |
[16:32] | Nobody cares. | 根本就没人在乎. |
[16:34] | Guan-tanamo, Schwan-tanamo. This is America. | Guan-tanamo基地,还是其他 鬼tanamo基地.这都是美国政府组织 |
[16:38] | We don’t care. | 我们才不鸟这些事情. |
[16:41] | Why is that, Denny? | 为什么呢, Denny? |
[16:42] | The United States is torturing people, | 美国政府正在对这些人施暴, |
[16:44] | denying them any semblance of due process. | 然后还假装没这回事. |
[16:47] | How did we suddenly become a people who don’t care? | 我们什么时候跟日本鬼子一样了? |
[16:51] | 9/11. | 9/11. |
[16:54] | 9/11 just gives us carte blanche to abolish human rights? | 9/11 给了我们忽略人权的豁免权? |
[16:58] | How can that be so? | 事情不是这样的吧? |
[16:59] | First, it’s so ’cause God said so. | 第一点,因为上帝叫我们这么做. |
[17:02] | He told Bush. | ?k是这样跟布希讲的. |
[17:04] | And second, we don’t care because it’s happening in some third world country. | 第二点,这是在 第三世界国家发生的事情.我们管不着. |
[17:08] | We can’t relate. | 所以跟我们不相干. |
[17:09] | It’s happening in Cuba, | 别闹了,同样的事件在古巴也发生过, |
[17:11] | a few hundred miles off the coast of Florida. | 古巴只离佛洛里达州几百公里而已. |
[17:14] | You remember Florida, Denny? | 你知道佛洛里达州吧, Denny? |
[17:15] | God told them to punch the wrong chad. | 老天爷叫他们肆意妄为. |
[17:17] | Alan, today it’s help the Cubans. | Alan,我们今天高喊”帮助古巴人” |
[17:20] | Tomorrow it’s let’s go to Darfur and help the Darfurians. | 明天又高喊”我们去 苏丹的达富去帮助达富人” |
[17:25] | We can’t be there for everybody. | 我们这样下去是没完没了的. |
[17:26] | That can’t make sense, even to you. | 即使你这样讲还是说不过去. |
[17:31] | You want to make sense of it all? | 你想要听些说得过去的理由? |
[17:32] | Here it is. | 让我告诉你. |
[17:36] | We don’t care about human rights. That’s the old America. | 今天的我们已经不在乎人权了. 那都是那些老旧的美国观念. |
[17:41] | Now we just don’t want to get blown up. | 现在我们只是不想被拆穿而已. |
[17:45] | Simple as that. | 就这么简单. |
[17:46] | Eh, torture a few Cubans along the way, big deal. | 不过就是残杀几个古巴人嘛没啥了不起的. |
[17:50] | They’re not Americans. It’s not happening here. So… | 他们又不是美国人 况且也不是在美国境内发生的… |
[17:53] | we don’t care. | 我们才不在乎哩. |
[17:55] | And the judge won’t either. | 那个法官也不在乎. |
[17:57] | Oh, she’s sexy. I’ll give her that. | 喔,对了她很性感.我告诉你. |
[17:59] | And nasty, too, I’ll bet. | 而且是闷骚型的.我敢跟你打赌. |
[18:01] | Think she’s nasty? | 你觉得她很闷骚吗? |
[18:04] | She’s nasty. | 她一定很闷骚. |
[18:17] | You asked to see me. | 你想见我. |
[18:19] | Yes. | 是的. |
[18:23] | Take your pants off. | 把你的裤子脱下来. |
[18:24] | – I beg your pardon? – You heard me. | 你说什么? 你知道我说什么. |
[18:30] | Counselor, do you want me to consider jurisdiction here or not? | 辩护律师, 你还想要我让这案子开庭受审吗? |
[18:36] | Do you mean to say you’ll dismiss my case if I don’t drop my trousers? | 你的意思是如果我不把 裤子脱下来的话你就不打算审我的案子? |
[18:42] | No. | 不. |
[18:44] | But most of the lawyer are happy to do it, by the way. | 但是大部分的律师都很乐意这么做. |
[18:48] | I called you in to tell you I’m allowing the government to put on a witness, | 我叫你过来是因为我想通知 你政府官员打算传证新的证人 |
[18:51] | – an army colonel. – To say what? | 一个上校. 来说些什么 |
[18:54] | The other side. | 他在军队里的事情. |
[18:56] | He’ll be taking the stand. | 他会如期登场的. |
[18:57] | You officially have notice. That’s all. | 所以我只是例行的通知你.就这样. |
[19:02] | Do most lawyers really take their pants off for you? | 大部分的律师真的 都愿意为你脱下小裤裤吗? |
[19:06] | Why not? It’s exciting. | 为什么不?那刺激得很呢!. |
[19:08] | For them? | 对他们来说? |
[19:11] | Yes, actually. | 是啊!没错. |
[19:13] | The thought of me looking at them, | 光想到我那样看着他们, |
[19:15] | perhaps getting aroused, it titillates them. | 就已经能够勾起他们的”性”趣了. |
[19:19] | Imagine for a moment me looking at you, Mr. Shore, | 想想看如果我用同样的 眼神看着你会有什么反应, Mr Shore, |
[19:23] | privately getting aroused. | 越是往”隐密的地方”看越刺激. |
[19:25] | Perhaps I even give myself away with a look. | 也许同样的方法在我身上也行得通吧. |
[19:29] | Does it not excite you? | 你听了之后还没有充血的感觉吗? |
[19:31] | Are you not getting a little thrill just thinking about it right now? | 现在光想到这些事情就 已经让人欲火焚身了不是吗? |
[19:37] | Not so little. | 完全没有. |
[19:40] | 4 P. M. Be on time. | 下午四点,准时点.(你枕头是要遮啥!) |
[19:57] | She asked you to drop your pants? | 她有叫你把裤子脱掉吗? |
[19:59] | She likes to play mind games. | 她很喜欢玩心机游戏. |
[20:01] | I think it’s a way for her to gain dominion over lawyers. | 我觉得她只是想要让 那些律师把她伺候得像女王一样. |
[20:04] | – She wants me. – Really? | 我才是那个她想”嘿咻”的人. 真的? |
[20:06] | Oh, yeah. She’s going through you to get to me. | 没错啊!她只利用你来接近我而已. |
[20:07] | Alan, oh, she’s a chess player. | Alan,她是个奸诈狡猾的高手. |
[20:10] | It so obvious, I’m three moves ahead of her. | 这太明显了, 我早就想好下下步的动作了. |
[20:12] | I want her, I’ll say that. | 我很想要她!我说真的. |
[20:14] | – She’s so nasty. – I want her. | 他真是闷骚. 我也想要她. |
[20:16] | You’re already in a relationship. | 但是你已经有个女朋友了. |
[20:17] | It’s not fair. I’m very attracted to older women. | 这不公平. 年纪大一点的女人总是能勾引到我. |
[20:20] | And this woman is particularly… | 尤其是这个女人… |
[20:23] | uh, she’s there for me. | 感觉上她就是完全适合我的那一型. |
[20:24] | All I have to do is go to her and I can have her, and I can’t. | 我只要勾勾小指头她就会跟我 好上了.问题是我不行啊!. |
[20:27] | That’s why monogamy, if it’s not against mankind, | 所以说一夫一妻制 是完全没有人性的, |
[20:30] | is certainly against man. | 尤其对男人来说. |
[20:32] | You’ve already got a judge. Let me take this one. | 你已经有一个法官了.这个就让我吧. |
[20:34] | No, I don’t want you compromising my case. | 不.我的东西你不准来插手. |
[20:36] | Me? | 我? |
[20:37] | – Velvet glove, man. – Stay away from her, Denny. | 一个你最亲密的战友. 离她远一些, Denny. |
[20:39] | And you’re in a relationship, too, by the way, with Bethany. | 而且你跟Bethany不是还在一起吗. |
[20:41] | Well, it’s on again, off again. | 怎么说呢藕断丝连来来去去的 |
[20:43] | Today I’ll make it off again, no problem. | 现在就当作没这回事就没问题啦. |
[20:45] | Stay away from judge Folger. | 离Folger法官远一点. |
[20:49] | Good news is, Paul Lewiston signed off. | 好消息是, Paul Lewiston同意了. |
[20:52] | Potentially bad news… | 但是可能还有一关过不了… |
[20:54] | Denny. | Denny. |
[20:56] | Denny? | Denny 喜欢我. Denny? Denny likes me. |
[20:58] | He sometimes pats me on the head like I’m a labradoodle. | 他有时候甚至 还像拍小狗一样拍我的头. |
[21:01] | Denny has some issues, Jerry. | Denny有些特殊癖好, Jerry. |
[21:03] | It seems you’ve become close with his special friend. | 你似乎跟他的好朋友太亲密了. |
[21:08] | Alan? | Alan? |
[21:09] | Denny doesn’t like to share what’s his. | Denny不喜欢别人碰他的东西. |
[21:11] | He doesn’t even like to share what’s not his. | 甚至不喜欢人家碰一些不属于他的东西. |
[21:14] | He sees you as a threat. | 他把你当作一种威胁. |
[21:17] | – That’s ridiculous. – Bottom line is, | 这太荒唐了. 底线是, |
[21:18] | I can’t push this through without Denny’s okay. | 我得让Denny也同意这件事情. |
[21:21] | You and he need to have a sit-down. | 你跟他得好好谈一谈. |
[21:24] | You need to convince him that… | 你得说服他… |
[21:28] | you’re not out to steal his man. | 告诉他你没再偷他的男人.(= =) |
[21:34] | The public may not like Guantanamo, | 一般社会大众也许 不会喜欢Guantanamo基地, |
[21:35] | they probably don’t understand it, but it’s necessary. | 他们或许不会谅解他们的所作所为. 但这一切的一切都是必要的. |
[21:39] | Why? | 为什么? |
[21:39] | ’cause it’s the only way we can successfully screen for terrorist threats. | 因为如此一来我们 才能把每个恐怖分子过滤出来. |
[21:43] | Do innocent people get caught in the net sometimes? | 有时候会不小心抓到无辜的人吗? |
[21:46] | Sure. It happens. | 是的.人非圣贤. |
[21:47] | If so, we release them. | 所以抓错人我们也会放走他们. |
[21:49] | You didn’t release Mr. Kallah. | 你们没放走Mr Kallah. |
[21:51] | Mr. Kallah wouldn’t cooperate. | 因为Mr Kallah不肯合作. |
[21:54] | Because of that, we couldn’t successfully screen him. | 就是因为这样我们 才没办法清楚他的底细. |
[21:57] | He says you tortured him. | 他说他在里面受虐. |
[21:58] | Discomfiture tactics are employed. They happen to work. | 当你涉嫌是恐怖分子时. 你还还有什能期待的. |
[22:01] | In this day, there’s a paramount need to get information quickly, | 在这个年代, 我们得比任何人都还要早挖出情资, |
[22:05] | before we have another attack like 9/11. | 这样一来才能阻止类似911的事件发生. |
[22:07] | And I might point out that since Gitmo and the application of the Patriot act, | 就因为我们的士兵这样的”努力”之下, |
[22:11] | we have not had another such attack on American soil. | 至今为止, 美国土地上没有发生其他恐怖事件. |
[22:14] | The American public should be grateful for that, | 所有的美国国民都得为此而感激他们, |
[22:16] | instead of waving their arms about, screaming human rights. | 而不是跑到街上去抗议我们没有人权. |
[22:21] | You just don’t see any gray area here, do you? | 在你脑袋里面非黑即白 ,没灰色地带的是吧? |
[22:24] | You know the gray I see, counselor? | 你比我还清楚不是吗,律师先生? |
[22:25] | Fragments of human brains that used to belong to our soldiers. | 以往在战场上我们只能 看到那些士兵脑袋的碎片. |
[22:29] | What we do at Guantanamo is designed to save their lives, too. | 现在Guantanamo美军基地 里我们得试着保护他们的生命. |
[22:32] | Oh, I’ve been waiting for that. | 喔,我正想听你说这句话. |
[22:34] | It’s good for the troops. You win. | 没错!这种作法的确对军队来讲比较有利. |
[22:36] | Tell me, have you ever seen any brain matter from a prisoner at Guantanamo? | 那让我来问你一句现在Guantanamo里面 没了美国大兵的脑袋碎片了!那有囚犯的吗? |
[22:41] | That is an offensive question. I will not answer it. | 这个问题太没礼貌了.我拒绝回答. |
[22:44] | So rounding up suspects from various nations, | 所以当我们想拷打 那些其他国籍的犯人的时候, |
[22:47] | interrogating them at facilities in other countries or on ships, | 我们只要把他们送去 其他国家去,或者其他国家的船上, |
[22:50] | then sending them off to a remote US naval bases | 再把他们送到一个偏僻的海军基地 |
[22:53] | that’s been repurposed as a dumping ground | 就像是个垃圾掩埋场一样 |
[22:55] | for people whose civil rights we’d really rather not consider, | 然后我们就可以完全无视人权的问题了, |
[22:58] | it’s necessary and it works. Excellent. | 当然这些都是必要的 而且很有效!真是太完美了. |
[23:01] | I suppose the Boston police department is necessary and effective as well, | 我猜波士顿警方 也常常玩这套而且十分有效, |
[23:05] | as are most other police departments in this country. Would you agree? | 就像这个国家里的 所有警察局依样.你同意吗? |
[23:08] | I would. | 我同意. |
[23:09] | And if they were to arrest an innocent man, torture him, | 而且如果他们逮捕 一个无罪的人而且扁了他几拳, |
[23:11] | hold him for two years, they would be sued, | 然后关了他两年的话.那些家伙会被告, |
[23:14] | and they’d pay. | 然后乖乖付钱. |
[23:15] | Why shouldn’t the American government compensate Mr. Kallah? | 为什么美国政府 却不用对Mr Kallah负责任? |
[23:18] | Because this is different. | 因为这是两回事. |
[23:20] | We have to be overzealous to have a chance against the terrorists. | 我得得无所不用其极的对付恐怖分子. |
[23:23] | It’s a war we already can’t afford, | 我们已经花了一堆钱在这战争上头了, |
[23:26] | and if we have to start paying out judgments every time we get it wrong, | 如果我们还老是因为抓错人而付钱的话, |
[23:29] | that means that more kids don’t get the armor and equipment they need, | 这就代表有更多的小伙子 得不到他们的防弹衣跟他们的装备, |
[23:33] | more kids die, more civilians die. | 越多士兵阵亡,越多市民阵亡. |
[23:37] | – Snide-ass. – Move to strike. | (这个烂屁股的.) 人身攻击. |
[23:38] | He’s never seen my ass. | 他从来没有看过我的屁股. |
[23:40] | Mr Shore. – Her honor would like to, so it’s a sensitive… – Mr. Shore. | 法官大人倒是很想看看, 我的屁股可是很敏感的― |
[23:45] | Under the Geneva convention, prisoners of war can’t be tortured. | 根据日内瓦公约, 我们不准虐待战争中的俘虏. |
[23:48] | Isn’t that right, colonel? | 我没说错吧,上校? |
[23:50] | They’re not considered prisoners. | 对我们来说他们不是俘虏. |
[23:51] | They’re enemy combatants. The Geneva convention doesn’t apply. | 他们是敌方民间的游击队. 所以日内瓦公约不能套用在他们身上. |
[23:56] | They’re not prisoners? | 他们不是俘虏? |
[23:57] | – They’re more like criminals than soldiers. – Criminals. | 他们是对我来说更像罪犯而不是士兵. 罪犯. |
[24:00] | Well, the Constitution gives very specific rights to criminals. | 根据宪法罪犯拥有的权力还不少. |
[24:04] | Am I correct? Uh, such as, a lawyer, a trial… | 不是吗? 例如说可以申请律师,要求公开审判… |
[24:07] | He is not a United States citizen. | 他不是美国公民. |
[24:10] | The Constitution doesn’t apply. | 所以美国宪法不保护他的权益. |
[24:11] | Ah, so no Geneva convention, no constitution. It all works out. | 阿~所以日内瓦公约不能用, 美国宪法也不管用.真是太完美了. |
[24:15] | Do they have any rights we need to bother with? | 那请问一下他们还有什么权力? |
[24:17] | We are trying to defend a country against terror. | 我们正在试图努力的 让这国家避免恐怖分子的袭击. |
[24:20] | Oh, yes. For the good of the troops. | 喔,是阿.让军队做起事来更有效率. |
[24:22] | Mr Shore. – Mr. Shore. – Yes, your honor. | 是的法官大人. |
[24:24] | Chambers? Discipline? | 小房间谈谈?”教训”我一下? |
[24:30] | You think you’re funny? | 你觉得你很有趣吗? |
[24:32] | It’s just all this talk of corporal punishment excites me. | 光想到那些”生理”上的 惩罚就够挑起我的”性”趣了. |
[24:34] | Does it not you? | 你呢? |
[24:56] | What you reading? | 你在读什么? |
[24:58] | Do you know what Cheney said about the Guantanamo prisoners? | 你知道Cheney怎么 形容那些Guantanamo的囚犯吗? |
[25:01] | He said, “they’re living in the tropics, so they’re all well fed.” | 他说”他们都被带去 热带国家去,如此一来都能吃得饱饱的” |
[25:04] | “They’ve got everything they could possibly want.” | ”他们想要什么就有什么.” |
[25:10] | Has she asked you to drop your pants yet? | 她叫你把裤子脱掉了没? |
[25:13] | What? | 什么? |
[25:14] | Judge Folger. | Folger法官阿. |
[25:16] | Has she asked you yet? | 她还没叫你把裤子脱掉? |
[25:23] | Are you attracted to her? | 你有让她勾引到吗? |
[25:27] | No. | 没有. |
[25:32] | If I were attracted to her or any other woman, | 如果我有被任何人迷到神魂颠倒的话, |
[25:36] | would that be a problem? | 你会不开心吗? |
[25:42] | Of course you’re gonna be attracted to other women. | 我知道你总是对所有女人都有兴趣. |
[25:45] | And you can lust after whomever you want, | 而且每一个你都想要”嘿咻”看看, |
[25:50] | as long as you channel it toward me. | 但是只要你最后还是回到我的怀抱的话. |
[26:03] | Actually, I do find judge Folger somewhat attractive… | 事实上,我发觉 Folger法官的确有她迷人之处… |
[26:08] | for, you know, an older woman. | 你知道的,年长一点的女人我总是… |
[26:14] | Fine. Glad to hear it. | 喔,听得我真”开心”. |
[26:17] | You just said you wouldn’t care. | 你刚才才说你不会生气的. |
[26:18] | I don’t. | 我没有阿. |
[26:21] | Fine. | 很好阿. |
[26:24] | – I would never act on it, of course. – Good for you. | 我从来不会出轨的. 你真是太棒了. |
[26:30] | Gloria. | Gloria. |
[26:31] | Don’t touch me. | 别碰我. |
[26:46] | You get punished for being honest. | 这年头要是太老实就是这下场. |
[26:49] | Of course you do. | 你在讲废话吗. |
[26:50] | The key to any good relationship is lying. | 要维持一份良好的男女关系就要学会说谎. |
[26:54] | You tell her she’s the only one you find attractive, | 你得告诉她,她才是唯一. 只有她才能迷的你团团转, |
[26:57] | the only girl you want to sleep with, | 你永远只想跟她”嘿咻”, |
[26:58] | the only one you really want to spend time with, | 而且除了她之外你不会 再放其他心思在别人身上, |
[27:01] | all kinds of garbage they can’t possibly believe. | 你甚至得讲 一些连她们都不相信的谎话. |
[27:04] | Women count on us to lie to them. | 她们总是引首期盼的听到这些谎话. |
[27:06] | How else can they convince themselves that they still look young | 不然她们怎么说服自己 欺骗自己还看起来年轻漂亮 |
[27:10] | if we don’t help? | 我们总得帮她们一把吧? |
[27:11] | Hello, Alan, Mr. Crane. | 哈搂, Alan, Mr Crane. |
[27:13] | Jerry, what brings you? | Jerry,什么风把你吹来了? |
[27:16] | I’ve reapplied for my old job. I want to come back. | 我来要求复职.我想回来工作. |
[27:19] | What? Why? | 什么?为什么? |
[27:21] | I miss it here. | 我很想念这边. |
[27:24] | Mr. Crane, I was wondering if we could speak. | Mr Crane,我在想 你什么时候有空跟我谈谈. |
[27:26] | Call me Denny. No. | 叫我Denny. 想谈!没门. |
[27:28] | It would just take a minute. | 只会花你一分钟时间而已. |
[27:30] | Shirley Schmidt | 说你操控我的生杀大权. Shirley Schmidt has conditioned my reentry on your opinion. |
[27:33] | I’ll give it to you now. No. | 我现在立刻给你答案!不可能. |
[27:35] | Denny. | Denny. |
[27:36] | He’s too weird. | 他太奇怪了. |
[27:39] | You see? | 看到了吧? |
[27:41] | We’re off to court right now, Jerry. | 我们现在是休庭时间, Jerry. |
[27:43] | Denny will see you at 11:30. | Denny会在11:30的时候跟你见面. |
[27:46] | Thank you! | 谢谢! |
[27:48] | – You disrespected me. – You can see the man for five minutes. | 你不尊重我. 你有用不完的美国时间来跟他谈话. |
[27:52] | That isn’t the point. | 这不是重点. |
[27:53] | You overruled me in his presence. | 你为了他而不顾我的感受. |
[27:55] | It’s as if your friendship with him means more than… | 感觉上去就是你跟他 的友谊比我们的友谊还要― |
[27:57] | Here we go. Denny, for God sake. | 又来了又来了. Denny,你也帮帮忙. |
[28:07] | Nobody knows how to fight this war. | 没人知道该怎么去打这场仗. |
[28:09] | It’s like no other we’ve ever encountered. | 我们从来没有类似的经验. |
[28:12] | The one thing that we do know, | 但是我们至少还知道一件事情, |
[28:13] | is that we have to be extremely proactive with our intelligence. | 就是在战场上我们得不择手段. |
[28:15] | It’s the only way that we can prevent another attack such as 9/11. | 如此一来我们才能避免掉另外一场911. |
[28:18] | That’s why Guantanamo exists. | 这就是Guantanamo基地存在的意义. |
[28:21] | And it works. | 而且它的确行得通. |
[28:22] | We’ve learned how Bin Laden has evaded capture. | 我们知道宾拉登 是怎么逃过被捕的命运的. |
[28:25] | Now we didn’t get this stuff by saying pretty please. | 既然如此,我们就不可以 去期待军队办事的手段 |
[28:28] | Torture sometimes has to be used when you’re talking about saving the lives of the masses, | 有时候为了救更多的生命, 我们不得不对犯人严刑逼供, |
[28:32] | both civilians at home and soldiers abroad. | 不管是美国市民也好还是那些俘虏. |
[28:35] | Now do innocent people sometimes get captured? Yes. | 我们有时候不小心抓到无辜的人?没错. |
[28:37] | Mr. Kallah was evidently one. | Mr Kallah就是一个实例. |
[28:40] | It was difficult to determine that initially ’cause he refused to cooperate, | 但是当有人拒绝合作的时候 实在是很难分辨他们是好是坏, |
[28:43] | but once it was so determined, he was let-go. | 但是在我们查清 实情之后,他们就会被释放掉. |
[28:47] | The question here is whether the government | 我们该重视的问题是 |
[28:48] | should be forced to stand trial every time it makes a mistake. | 今天只要我们政府不小心抓 错人我们就得赔出天价般的数字吗. |
[28:52] | As colonel Hegarty stated, | 就像Hagarty上校所说的, |
[28:53] | that would burden the war effort beyond measure, | 我们得多想想该怎么去帮助 |
[28:55] | not just financially, but militarily. | 我们国家的国库以及军队. |
[28:58] | The discovery process alone would unearth information that would aid the enemy. | 我们总是得竭尽所能得从 每个嫌疑犯中挖出一些敌方的资料吧. |
[29:01] | Come on, a little common sense here. | 拜托!有点常识吧! |
[29:04] | We’re in a war, for God sake. | 我们正在跟别人开战啊!. |
[29:19] | Your honor, I believe a lawyer should put his country before his client, | 法官大人,身为一个爱国律师 我认为国家的利益比客户的利益重要, |
[29:23] | and for that reason, I’m gonna take the unusual step of asking you to dismiss my client’s lawsuit. | 所以现在我要求您撤销我方的控告. |
[29:27] | – Objection. It’s a trick. – It’s not a trick. | 反对.他在耍花样. 我没有耍花样. |
[29:30] | Even though you argue, and I would agree, | 所有你提到的事情我都同意, |
[29:32] | that nobody knows how to fight this war, | 没人知道该怎么打赢这场战争, |
[29:33] | we should nevertheless defer to the executive branch, | 我们总得让这些负责拷打犯人的专家, |
[29:35] | who have indeed demonstrated a particular expertise. | 有一展长处的地方. |
[29:38] | I, for one, just can’t wait to see what they do next. | 我真是等不及的想看他们之后会怎么做. |
[29:39] | Mr. Shore, I told you I would not allow this case to become a political football. | Mr Shore, 我告诉过你了在我的 公堂之上没人可以玩互踢皮球的游戏 |
[29:44] | And I give you my word, your honor, not a single toss of the pigskin. | 别担心,法官大人,这就像橄榄球 一样绝对不是丢一次就了事的. |
[29:47] | And by the way, | 顺道一提, |
[29:48] | if one were to condemn Guantanamo, which I would never, | 如果说今天Guantanamo,遭到谴责, |
[29:51] | it certainly wouldn’t be an indictment of just the administration, | 其他人也得负起责任我所指的 当然不是仅仅是某个人而已, |
[29:53] | but of the entire congress, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama included. | 而是整个国会,Hillary Clinton跟 Barack Obama也包括在内. (两个都要选总统的人) |
[29:57] | Congress’ silence can only be attributed to consent, acquiescence or disinterest, | 当国会面对类似的事件而选择沉默时 代表什么意思?默认,同意还是漠视, |
[30:02] | take your pick. | 随你挑一个吧. |
[30:03] | But it’s at least safe to say they don’t much care. | 但是肯定的是,他们毫不在乎. |
[30:05] | I should mention Joe Biden, | 想想Joe Biden吧,(参议员) |
[30:06] | ’cause he wants people to know he’s running, too. | 因为我总得让他出出风头 不然没人知道他也想选总统. |
[30:08] | Tell me why you care. | 告诉我为什么你在乎. |
[30:11] | I don’t. | 我不在乎阿. |
[30:12] | I say dismiss. | 我说了要取消这份诉讼案. |
[30:13] | My client cares, but come on, he’s a whiner. | 只有我的客户在乎而已! 看看他吧!不过就是只弱鸡. |
[30:15] | So he got beat up a little, duct taped, sexually violated. | 不过就被扁了几拳关了 几年顺便被性污辱了而已. |
[30:18] | He never should’ve been over there offering humanitarian aid in the first place. | 一开始他就不应该跑到那边 去作什么狗屁人道救援行动. |
[30:22] | And then what? He expects to be heard, get a trial, a lawyer? | 然后呢? 被抓还敢要求要上审跟律师?? |
[30:25] | He wants the government to show evidence. | 甚至还想要政府出示证据. |
[30:26] | We’re in a war! | 这傻蛋不知道我们正在打仗! |
[30:28] | We need to make sacrifices! | 总有人得要牺牲! |
[30:32] | We should start with the little things, like human rights. | 我们该从小处着手! 第一就先拿人权来开刀吧. |
[30:35] | I agree that the executive branch has a particular expertise. | 我相信军队里面有一群精于拷打的专家. |
[30:37] | In fact, I think they’ve been brilliant. | 事实上,我觉得他们是天才. |
[30:38] | Calling the prisoners enemy combatants instead of prisoners, | 把那些俘虏囚犯叫做民间游击队, |
[30:41] | so we can end-run the Geneva convention and torture them. Brilliant! | 所以我们就可以 罔顾日内瓦条约.太聪明了! |
[30:44] | Basing the camp in Cuba | 把基地设在古巴 |
[30:45] | so the Constitution won’t really get in our way. Brilliant. | 这样美国宪法就管不到了!聪明绝顶啊!. |
[30:48] | And under the Pentagon’s new draft guidelines, this is my favorite, | 根据五角大厦的新草约,这是我的最爱 |
[30:50] | I’m sure it’ll be yours. | 耳朵掏干净听清楚了― |
[30:52] | We’ll have little tribunals in Guantanamo | 我们在Guantanamo就代表无限正义 |
[30:54] | that’ll allow suspects to be jailed for life or even executed | 我们想关人就关人想处决人就处决人 |
[30:57] | on evidence that would never be admissible in civilian or military court. | 即使我们没有任何证据可以 呈交到军事法庭或者地方法庭也没关系. |
[31:00] | Imagine being able to execute somebody | 这样一来我们想干掉谁就能干掉谁了 |
[31:03] | on triple hearsay or on a totally coerced confession. | 只要找两三个道听涂说的 小道消息就能定罪了!多方便阿. |
[31:06] | Brilliant. | 这真是可以领天才奖了! |
[31:07] | I object. If counsel doesn’t want to take this seriously… | 反对. 如果对方律师还是这样吊儿啷当― |
[31:09] | Why should I? | 为什么我不能吊儿啷啷? |
[31:10] | Who does, the American public? The media? | 今天整个社会跟媒体有谁关心了? |
[31:13] | who might give it mention | 有人注意到吗 |
[31:14] | if only there weren’t so many starving actresses with drug problems to focus on. | 大家只想知道 哪个明星在减肥哪个明星在嗑药. |
[31:18] | 国会有关心这事件吗? 这样的话我们干嘛这么认真? | |
[31:21] | Congress? Why should any of us take it seriously? | 我们虐待拷打无辜的人. 我们把他们关到少林寺方丈开心为止 |
[31:23] | We’re torturing people. We’re holding them indefinitely. Many with no evidence, giving them no trials, no lawyers, | 更别提说我们没有证据显示他们是坏人. 也不给他们上诉及申请律师的权力, |
[31:27] | it’s laughable. | 这一切都太可笑了. |
[31:28] | And then when they finally kill themselves, | 等到他们自己受不了就自杀 |
[31:29] | we call it, “manipulative, self-injurious behavior,” | 然后我们就可以大方的讲, |
[31:31] | “an act of asymmetric warfare waged against us.” | “这是为了抗议美国的自残性行为”.” |
[31:34] | It’s all very funny, very funny. | 听到这里你们还觉得不够好笑吗. |
[31:36] | Maybe the only reason we aren’t having a really good laugh | 也许我们笑不出来的原因是因为 |
[31:39] | is ’cause the little Gitmo tricks have started popping up close to home. | 这种事情不仅仅Gitmo出现, 连在美国越来越频繁的发生. |
[31:42] | The recent revelations of FBI abuses of the Patriot act, | 近期资料显示FBI常常滥用他们的权力, |
[31:46] | all those bogus subpoenas and manufactured evidence against American citizens, | 越来越多的美国公民 常常莫名其妙的当了冤大头, |
[31:49] | maybe it’s just ruined some of the fun of Gitmo. | 可能这就是Gitmo式的”幽默”的蔓延吧. |
[31:53] | Oh, well. We’re in a war. | 嘿,但是我们正在打仗啊!. |
[31:55] | We all need to lighten up a little. | 总得给他们依些豁免权吧. |
[32:20] | What are your intentions towards Alan? | 你到底想从Alan那边得到些什么? |
[32:23] | Denny, my friendship with Alan | Denny,我跟Alan之间的友谊 |
[32:25] | could not now or ever be a threat to yours. | 不管是现在还是未来, 永远不会威胁到你跟他之间的关系. |
[32:27] | Not to mention, I’m not going to do anything to alienate you. | 更别谈,我根本不会 对你做出任何具有攻击性的动作. |
[32:30] | You’re senior patient. Partner! | 你是资深董事.”董~事”! |
[32:36] | Look, Shirley won’t hire me unless you okay it. | 听着, Shirley说要经过 你的同意才愿意让我复职. |
[32:44] | You still got the doll? | 你的那个成人娃娃还在吧? |
[32:47] | Patty? | Patty? |
[32:50] | I want to spend some time with her. | 我想要跟她玩一下. |
[32:52] | Forget it! | 吃屎吧! |
[32:53] | I won’t do anything untoward. | 我不会对她乱来的. |
[32:55] | Dinner, maybe a movie. | 就吃个晚餐,看场电影. |
[32:58] | I give you my word, I will not touch her. | 我发誓,我不会毛手毛脚. |
[33:01] | No offense, but your word… | 没别的意思,但你说的话就像放… |
[33:03] | I’ll give you something of mine that I hold dear. | 我也会给你个好东西做交换.(呵呵呵) |
[33:08] | Please. | 拜托了. |
[33:10] | Jerry, my new friend. | Jerry,我的新朋友. |
[33:15] | One night. | 就一个晚上. |
[33:17] | Welcome back to the team, son. | 欢迎归队. |
[33:20] | Are you serious? | 你说真的吗? |
[33:23] | The truth is, I’ve missed you. | 说真的,我还挺想你的. |
[33:25] | Thank you! | 谢谢! |
[33:27] | Give me one of them little hops on your way out. | 当你走出去的时候 来个招牌跳跃动作给我看一下. |
[33:30] | Thank you! Thank you! | 谢谢!谢谢! |
[33:43] | They say when people get scared, | 心理学家说当人们处于恐慌状态之下, |
[33:45] | the first thing they’ll give up is their civil liberties. | 第一件他们愿意牺牲的事情是民主权. |
[33:48] | That’s why, after 9/11, | 这就是为什么在911过后, |
[33:50] | we were only too happy to get frisked at airports. | 即使我们把机场 关掉了,大家还这么开心. |
[33:53] | Some of us enjoyed it more than others. | 有的甚至还开心到说不出话来. |
[33:56] | But when it gets to a point | 但是我们却不应该在罪证确凿前 |
[33:58] | where people are captured, then tortured, | 把人们抓起来然后拷打他们, |
[34:02] | not ’cause there is evidence, but rather just to see if there’s evidence, | 而只是想藉此看能不能 找出点蛛丝马迹出来 |
[34:07] | when they are jailed in perpetuity, afforded no trial, | 然后又把他们关到 天荒地老又不让他们上诉, |
[34:11] | my God, the court has a duty to step in. | 以神之名,我们的确得做些事情. |
[34:15] | The government’s motion to dismiss is denied. | 我判政府方无权上诉. |
[34:21] | Oh, my. | 我的天阿. |
[34:25] | Thank you, Mr. Shore. | 谢谢你, Mr Shore. |
[34:27] | Thank you, Benyam. | 谢谢你, Benyam. |
[34:28] | I wouldn’t expect a jury to give you much. | 我自己也没想到会得到这个裁判. |
[34:30] | I’d recommend settling. | 我本来只希望私下和解. |
[34:32] | Not to mention, this will probably be appealed. | 更别提说这可能要开一场听证会. |
[34:34] | Yes. Thank you so much. | 是的.谢谢你. |
[34:38] | Uh, where’s Mr. Crane? | Mr Crane跑哪去啦? |
[34:42] | Oh, dear. | 天啊!这只小狼狗. |
[34:44] | Why are you here? | 你在这里干嘛? |
[34:46] | I just wanted to salute your ruling. | 我只对你的判决的 景仰有如滔滔江水连绵不绝. |
[34:49] | Very ballsy. | 一发不可收拾阿. |
[34:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢. |
[34:52] | You can go. | 你可以滚了. |
[34:54] | – Anything else? – No. | 你确定你没事找我了? 不想. |
[34:57] | – Nothing else at all? – Nope. | 做些爱做的事情之类的? 完全没那兴趣. |
[34:59] | Mr Crane… – ’cause if there is… – Mr. Crane… | ‘如果你想找― |
[35:01] | please leave my chambers. | 离开我的房间. |
[35:05] | Yes. | 好吧. |
[35:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢你. |
[35:19] | I forgot my briefcase. | 我忘了我的包.(@@脱得真快!) |
[35:23] | I just… | 我只是… |
[35:25] | wanted to congratulate you again on the ruling. | 想再次夸奖你的判决. |
[35:29] | Ballsy. | 很”有种”. |
[35:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢. |
[35:49] | So Hands Espenson is officially back? | 所以怪手Espenson正式归队了? |
[35:54] | I did a little checking. | 我查过了. |
[35:56] | He’s become an excellent litigator and a solid citizen. | 他已经成为 一个成功的律师跟善良的公民了. |
[36:00] | We hope. | 希望你说得没错. |
[36:05] | Shirley, Paul, have a nice evening. | Shirley, Paul,玩开心点. |
[36:18] | Glor… | |
[36:20] | Alan. | Alan. |
[36:25] | I’m new at this, uh, relationship game. | 我没意识到说我说话得这么小心. |
[36:30] | Not so much new, I guess, as, uh… | 我从来不知道我得― |
[36:32] | Rusty. | 如履薄冰. |
[36:34] | Just so I’m clear, if I’m ever even… | 所以即使我发现有个女的很正点… |
[36:40] | slightly attracted to another woman, I should just lie about that? | 我最好也得跟你说谎? |
[36:44] | Through your teeth. | 你得亲口说. |
[36:48] | Really? Why would you tolerate dishonesty from your partner? | 真的吗? 为什么你情愿你的另一半跟你说谎? |
[36:53] | I wouldn’t. | 我不喜欢. |
[36:54] | If I ever catch you lying to me, it’s over. | 如果我发现你骗我.我们就玩完了. |
[36:58] | – But you just… – No. | 但是你刚说― 不. |
[37:00] | It’s very simple, Alan. | 这是很简单的, Alan. |
[37:02] | When you tell me that you’re not attracted to anybody else but me, | 当你跟我说我是 全世界唯一让你着迷的人的时候, |
[37:07] | it needs to be the truth. | 你得让这诺言成真. |
[37:25] | I forgot how much they can befuddle you. | 我差点忘记女人是多么烦人的东西. |
[37:28] | Alan, would you listen to me when it comes to women? | Alan,当你有跟女人相处 的问题时你就得来找我了 |
[37:30] | – Can you do that, please? – Why should I trust you? | 为什么你就不听我的建言呢? 为什么我要相信你? |
[37:33] | You’re jealous of her. You’d be glad if it ended. | 你恨不得我立刻跟她分手. 这样你就有机会跳到她的床上了. |
[37:35] | I’m not jealous of her anymore. | 我才没有. |
[37:37] | – You’re jealous of Jerry. – Well… | 就以你对Jerry的态度让我很难相信. |
[37:40] | women I can compete against. Other men… | 女人还好说一点. 要是有人要跟我抢男人的话… |
[37:44] | let’s face it. | 承认吧. |
[37:45] | You go for the soft, sensitive type. | 你总是喜欢跟那些感性的人再一起. |
[37:47] | It’s why I fell for you. | 所以我跟你变成好朋友? |
[37:50] | Why are relationships with women so much more complicated? | 为什么跟女人交往是这么复杂的事情? (我千百个同意阿Alan) |
[37:55] | Oh, women. come on, Alan. | 不过就是女人嘛, Alan. |
[37:57] | Women have this hormone thing. | 总是有贺尔蒙的问题. |
[38:00] | Much as I love them, they’re unstable, | 我越爱她们,她们越不安份,(没错!!) |
[38:01] | which is why they can never be president. | 这就是她们当不了总统的原因啦. |
[38:05] | You don’t think a woman should ever be president? | 你应该不会认为 有一天会有女人当总统? |
[38:07] | Oh, come on. Do you? | 你在跟我开玩笑吧? |
[38:08] | In a time of war? | 处在战争时期的时候? |
[38:09] | How would a woman handle a 9/11? She’d cry. | 一个女人碰到911的话她会怎样? 肯定把妆哭花. |
[38:12] | You think Hillary Clinton would have cried? | 你觉得Hillary Clinton不会哭吗? |
[38:14] | Well, uh, maybe not Hillary. | Hillary的话很难讲. |
[38:17] | But she has a few chromosome issues. Let’s face it. | 承认吧!她的染色体有问题. |
[38:19] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么我听不懂? |
[38:20] | Alan, don’t you ever look at her at times and think, that’s a guy? | Alan, 你不觉得她越看越像个男的吗? |
[38:25] | No. I find her sexy in a praying-mantis-in-a-knee-length-skirt kind of way. | 不我觉得她看起来性感 尤其穿上那种保守的窄裙. |
[38:31] | You ever mentally undress her? | 你没幻想过把她脱光光? |
[38:34] | I was talking about my relationship issues. | 我以为我们是在谈我的感情世界. |
[38:37] | How did we get to mentally undressing Hillary Clinton? | 为什么会扯到幻想把希拉蕊扒光光? |
[38:40] | And so quickly, I might add. | 但是你都提了害我也不得不想一想了. |
[38:41] | Because it’s all related! | 因为这一切都有关系! |
[38:43] | I’m gonna tell you something right here and now about women and a relationship. | 让我在这边好好的 帮你上一门感情跟女人课吧. |
[38:47] | We would never be in Guantanamo | Guantanamo美军基地要不是因为有 |
[38:50] | if it weren’t for Hillary Clinton. | Hillary Clinton的话才不会存在呢!. |
[38:53] | I know the reason’s obvious, but give it to me just the same. | 真是个浅显易懂的好原因啊!. |
[39:01] | Bill Clinton would never have lied in the deposition. | 柯林顿绝对不会一开始就想要说谎. |
[39:04] | He wouldn’t have risked impeachment. | 因为他不想要被弹劾. |
[39:06] | So what if a sexual indiscretion came to light? | 不过就是个性骚扰案吗? |
[39:08] | The public would have forgiven him, but Hillary… | 换做一般大众早就原谅他了,但是希拉蕊… |
[39:13] | The reason he lied is ’cause he was afraid Hillary would find out. | 他说谎的原因是怕希拉蕊会不爽. |
[39:18] | That’s why he was impeached, that’s why Al Gore didn’t win. | 这就是为什么他被弹劾 这就是为什么Al Gore没赢. |
[39:21] | And after all that impeachment scandal crap, | 在这种弹劾案过后, |
[39:24] | the public would’ve elected any fool… | 愚民们只会把票投给傻瓜了, |
[39:26] | other than a Democrat. | 你看看那些民主党的嘴脸. |
[39:28] | – Cut to… – George W. | 然后… 小布希这傻瓜就上台了. |
[39:30] | All because of a woman scorned. | 都是因为那女人搞的鬼. |
[39:33] | – And they’re unstable. – All women? | 就这么不安份. 所有女人? |
[39:36] | – Every single one of them. – All shapes and sizes? | 没错!每个都这样. 不管身高体型? |
[39:38] | Oh, the fat, the thin, the big and the s… | 不管是肥是瘦还是高还是矮― |
[39:44] | Oh, for God sakes. | 喔,我的天阿. |
[39:48] | All right, don’t tell me. | 够了!这次不用跟我讲我自己来. |
[39:50] | “Denny, I never want to see you again.” | “Denny,我不想再见到你了.” |
[40:02] | The little ones are the most unstable. Women. | 尤其是这种矮的! 人无三刀高肚里一把刀. |
[40:06] | Can’t live with them. | 真是让人抓狂. |
[40:07] | Can’t take them quail hunting. Alan, you’re best off with me. | 也不能带她们去打猎. Alan,你跟我还是最完美的一对. |
[40:10] | – I’m rock steady. – Yes, you are. | 我一向都这么的安份. 是阿. |
[40:12] | – Uncomplicated. – Couldn’t be simpler. | 也不麻烦. 找不到更单纯的了. |
[40:15] | Denny Crane. | Denny Crane. |
[40:17] | Denny Crane. | Denny Crane. |