时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Calm down, Wally. | 冷静点, Wally. |
[00:08] | Get away from me! You don’t tell me what to do! | 别靠近我! 别对我发号指令! |
[00:11] | I tell you what to do!! I pay your salary! | 我才是那个该对你发号指令的人!! 纳税人才是你们的老板! |
[00:13] | -Calm down, Wally. Alright?. Take it easy -Do you know who I am?. | -冷静点, Wally.好吗?. 放轻松 -你知道我是谁吗?. |
[00:16] | -Iˇll tell you who I am! -I said, calm down, Wally. | -我告诉你我是谁! -我说了,冷静点, Wally. |
[00:18] | -Jenna? What’s going on? -Get out of here, sir! | -Jenna? 发生什么事情了? -先生,请你离开! |
[00:21] | -I said get the hell out!! -He’s my neighbor. | -我说了,快滚!! -他是我邻居. |
[00:23] | An attorney. What’s she being charged with? | 这是个刑案. 她被指控什么罪名? |
[00:25] | Prostitution. Now stay out of this. Okay? | 卖淫. 你快给我离开. Okay? |
[00:27] | You’ll all pay!! I’m State Senator Wally Bird, | 你们会付出代价的!! 我是州参议员 Wally Bird, |
[00:31] | you’ll be meter maids this time tomorrow, you Keystone Cops, | 明天的这个时候,你会像狗一样滚过来 拍我的马屁,你这个死低职警察, |
[00:33] | I’ll screw you all!. | 我会让你们好看!. |
[00:36] | I’ll screw each and every one of you, | 我会让你们一个个小菊开花, |
[00:39] | -Wally! -I’ll screw your mothers! | -也让你妈尝尝相同的滋味! -Wally! |
[00:41] | I’m State Senator Wally Bird! | 我是州参议员Wally Bird. |
[00:44] | -He must be a wonderful lover. -Get off of me! | -他真是个快译通双插卡阿,男女不限. -滚开! |
[00:48] | I’m Wally Bird. | 我是Wally Bird. |
[01:20] | I kid you not. Two pageant queens, | 我没骗你.两个爱慕虚荣的女人, |
[01:22] | Miss Arkansas, Miss Montana, | Miss Arkansas, Miss Montana, |
[01:24] | each one suing the other for defamation of character. So, the first order of business | 互相指控毁谤. 首要任务? |
[01:27] | Stop Denny from finding out about it? | 别让Denny有机会去接触他们? |
[01:29] | You got it. | 没错.(这老狼狗的确得提防) |
[01:30] | I smell perfume, petroleum jelly and duct tape. | 我闻到香水以及整形手术填充物的味道. |
[01:33] | There are beauty queens on the premises. | 这代表方圆五尺内有辣妹. (= =色狼的第六感吗?真准!) |
[01:35] | I’m handling this, Denny. | 你无权插手这案子, Denny. |
[01:36] | Shirley! I’ll respect these women, I’m fresh out of rehab! | 我会当个彬彬有礼的君子,相信我一次吧! (鬼才相信= =) Shirley! |
[01:39] | Even so. | 骗小孩还差不多. |
[01:42] | -Denny Crane? -Yeah? | -是的? -Denny Crane? |
[01:44] | My name is Joe Gordon. I was your first client. | 我叫Joe Gordon. 我是你律师生涯中第一位客户. |
[01:47] | You and your father defended me on a murder charge in 1957. | 你跟你父亲在1957年的时候 帮我辩护一场谋杀案. |
[01:52] | Butcher Boy Killer? | 那个残暴杀人案? |
[01:53] | Alleged. I was innocent. Remember? | 我有嫌疑.但是我是无辜的,记得吗? |
[01:56] | Dismissive. Yeah, right. | -让人难忘的 -没错. |
[01:57] | This is um Aaron Sears. | 这是…Aaron Sears. |
[02:00] | -Denny Crane. -Yeah, I know who you are. | -我知道你是谁. -Denny Crane. |
[02:03] | Mr Sears is the son of the women I was accused of killing. | Mr Sears 就是那名受害者的儿子. |
[02:07] | -Oh. -UmIt gets better. | -现在可好了. -Oh. |
[02:09] | He has a gun in my back, | 他正用一支枪顶着我的背, |
[02:10] | and he has a vest full of plastic explosives strapped to his chest. | 而且他的背心上挂满了塑胶 炸弹. |
[02:17] | Looks like we’re hostages. | 我想我们成了他的人质了. |
[02:21] | It’s is a joke, right? | 你在开玩笑吧? |
[02:22] | Alan Shore put you up to it. Right? | Alan Shore请你们来整我的对吧^^? |
[02:28] | Oh, boy. | 喔= =我的妈阿. |
[02:36] | Take it out and put it on | 脱下你的衣服,然后把这件背心穿上 |
[02:45] | If my thumb comes off of this button Both our vests are going to explode. | 只要我拇指一松,大家都脑袋开花. |
[02:49] | And so will this entire office. | 连带的,整间办公室也会夷为平地. |
[02:52] | You will alert the front desk to lock the doors | 你现在去前台告知他们并且把前门关上 |
[02:54] | and shut down the elevators. | 顺便把电梯也关了. |
[02:56] | If I so much as see a cop, or I hear sirens outside, | 如果我看到警察或者听到警报 |
[02:59] | my thumb comes off this button. | 你们一样得脑袋开花. |
[03:03] | -Um son -I’m not your son! | -朋友,有话好好说 -我不是你朋友! |
[03:06] | My mother had a son. | 我今天是来帮我母亲申冤的. |
[03:10] | I’ll just say this and you can take it for what it’s worth. | 那好吧!我丑话讲在前头, 之后看你自己怎么想. |
[03:12] | A lot of clients, former clients, | 你不是第一个败诉的人, |
[03:15] | come up here with the hopes of blowing me up. | 跑到我办公室来,想要让我难堪 |
[03:18] | And the reason I’m still alive is cause I don’t mind dying. | 而我今天还能安然无恙的原因是:老子不怕死. |
[03:24] | I got the you know the Mad Cow | 你知道吗?我有疯牛病 |
[03:28] | my final years promise to be very demeaning. | 我不再像以往般聪明睿智. |
[03:32] | I’ll drool, mess myself. | 而且我的脑袋根神经会越来越不灵活. |
[03:34] | That’s no way for Denny Crane to go out. | 即使我是Denny Crane也莫奈何. |
[03:37] | I wanna go out in a in a blaze. | 点个大烟火解脱我自己?听起来还不错. |
[03:41] | You’re lying. Don’t tell me you’re not scared. | 你在说谎. 别告诉我你一点都不怕. |
[03:46] | I wanna show you something my father gave to me when I was seven years old. | 让我给你看看 在我七岁生日时我老头给我的礼物. |
[03:55] | This has great sentimental value to me. | 对我来说,它有着特殊意义跟价值. |
[03:57] | I’ve often thought, “What a shame if I never got to fire it.” | 我常常在想, “他妈的为什么我从来 没用这支枪开火过呢.” |
[04:03] | That gun is new. | 这是把新枪. |
[04:06] | Well, I’ll be damned. | 被你看出来也无所谓,反正我一向 不是什么老实的家伙. |
[04:07] | It’s a custom-made dual port, 45 automatic, | 这是把特殊定制的双孔型, 45口径自动型手枪, |
[04:10] | cost two grand. | 两千大洋. |
[04:13] | Laser Aim | 可以用红外线瞄准 |
[04:15] | . I got a little red dot right between your eyes. | 我可以立刻打爆你的鸟头 |
[04:18] | Hey. You’re willing to die? I’m willing to die. | 嘿. 你不是那个唯一想死的. 我也很想死. |
[04:22] | But are you willing to kill your colleagues? | 但是你想连累到你的同事吗? |
[04:24] | Now put down the gun, Mr Crane. | 现在,把枪放下, Mr Crane. |
[04:28] | Please, Mr Crane. This man is serious. | 请你照做, Mr Crane.他是认真的. |
[04:45] | What do you want? | 你娘的勒,你到底想怎样? |
[04:46] | This man killed my mother. And you and your father got him off. | 这混仗杀了我母亲, 但是因为你跟你爸的关系他至今逍遥法外. |
[04:49] | -I didn’t do it! -Shut up!! | -我没有杀害你母亲! -闭嘴!! |
[04:54] | You pulled some stupid trick just to cheat justice. | 你玩弄司法,让正义蒙羞. |
[04:57] | Well, we’re gonna have another trial. | 现在,让我们旧案重翻. |
[04:59] | Right here in this office. | 在这办公室内,重新开庭一次. |
[05:01] | Only this time, you and your father, you’re not gonna be able to fix the verdict. | 只是这一次, 你们再也没有办法混淆陪审团的视听了. |
[05:09] | Three, two, one, six, four! Commonwealth versus Jenna Aesop. | 案件号码32164! 联邦检察官与Jenna Aesop一案. |
[05:12] | Commonwealth versus Wallace Bird. | 联邦检察官与Wallace Bird. |
[05:14] | Alan Shore for Ms Aesop. We can waive reading. | 我是Alan Shore Ms Aesop的律师. 不用念下去了. |
[05:17] | Adam Jovanka for Wallace Bird. | 我是Adam Jovanka Wallace Bird的律师. |
[05:18] | I’ve discussed this matter with the District Attorney | 我已经跟地方检察官讨论过 |
[05:21] | and I’d like to enter, on behalf of Mr Bird, a plea of No Contest if | Mr Bird的情况了,我们想要取消 交叉指控,如果…? |
[05:24] | -No Contest? -This doesn’t involve you. | -不进行交叉指控? -这不甘你的事. |
[05:26] | It certainly does. Especially if your deal involves him giving testimony against my client. | 听你再放屁,我怎么知道你跟检察官达成了 怎样的协议,那协议会不会让你的客户对我 的委托人提除不利的证词 |
[05:29] | Your Honor, we can dispose of this unfortunate matter | 大人,容许我们做一些协调工作? |
[05:32] | Ten seconds to confirm with my learned brother, Your Honor. | 十秒钟我们就可以解决掉问题了, 大人. |
[05:34] | Hurry up! | 快去吧! |
[05:35] | The police can’t make this. Did you read the incident report? | 警察他们根本无从下手. 你读过案发报告了吗? |
[05:38] | I did. It listed my client’s reproductive appendage | 我读过了. 上面清楚的说明了 我的委托人的”小鸡鸡” |
[05:40] | as being lodged against your client’s esophagus. | 在那时候正躲在你的委托人的 “鸡窝”里面做运动. |
[05:42] | She faces conviction if he cooperates. | 如果你的客户提出证词, 我的委托人一定会被定罪. |
[05:44] | -That would be your problem. -She’ll get time. | -那是你的问题. -她会被关的. |
[05:46] | -That would her problem. -Ten seconds are up, Counsel. | -那是她的问题. -时间到啦, 先生们. |
[05:48] | Seek to remove Mr Jovanka as Counsel for Mr Bird. | 要求将Mr Jovanka即是Mr Bird的 辩护律师,除名于法庭之外. |
[05:50] | -Is it really Bird? -Your Honor! | -你的名子真的是大鸟吗^^?? -大人? |
[05:52] | He’s about to plea No Contest to a case the police can’t make. | 他想取消交叉指控好让警察他们 可以对这案子下手. |
[05:55] | The fact that they were caught having sex means nothing. | 事实上,他们只是被抓奸在床而已 这不代表我的客户涉嫌卖淫. |
[05:57] | There’s no evidence of money changing hands | 完全没有证据显示有金钱交易的现象 |
[05:59] | and the police can’t prove this was anything other than a consensual relationship | 而且警方也无法证明任何的妨害 性自主方面问题 |
[06:02] | between two people who were, and still are, very much in love. | 因为这两个人至今还是十分相爱的. |
[06:06] | Oh? They’re in love? | 喔?你确定他们是相爱不是做爱? |
[06:08] | Truly. Madly. Deeply. | 他们的爱就像钻石一样坚固. |
[06:10] | Step up here, Counsel. | 过来,律师先生. |
[06:12] | This is never good when they ask me to step up. | 如果是一个男的叫我走过去的话, 向来不会有什么好事发生. |
[06:18] | You think I’m an idiot? | 我看起来像智障吗? |
[06:22] | Judge, I cannot be held accountable for what I do with straight lines lobbed right over the plate. | 法官大人, 我个人是不予置评但是 如果你真的想知道的话可以去找医生. |
[06:25] | , Mr Wisenheimer? How would you like to be held in contempt, Mr Wisenheimer? | 你真的想要尝尝看蹲监的滋味吗 |
[06:29] | Again, Judge, that was a beach ball. Straight down the middle. | 法官大人, 如果你连这一点都看 不出来的话我想你也不需要去看医生了.^^ |
[06:32] | Two days! | 两天! |
[06:33] | Put him in the same cell with his client! They can discuss her wedding plans. | 把他跟他的委托人放在同一间拘留房内! 让他们好好讨”论举”办婚礼的事宜. |
[06:36] | You can’t plan a wedding in two days! | 两天内去构思一个婚礼太短啦! |
[06:42] | Will they really keep us in here two days? | 他们真的打算关我们两天吗? |
[06:46] | He might. | 很有可能. |
[06:47] | Jenna, I thought you’d hung up your spurs. | Jenna, 我以为你已经从良了. |
[06:50] | I need to make money, Alan. | 我需要钱过日子阿, Alan. |
[06:54] | This time, I’m afraid, you could be in real trouble. | 我怕这一次你躲不掉了. |
[07:00] | You got a conference room? | 你有会议室吧? |
[07:01] | Conference room? I got a Gulf Stream. | 三小,这么瞧不起我!会议室? 我连私人小飞机都有. |
[07:03] | Well, let’s go to the conference room. | 随便啦,现在我们去会议室. |
[07:06] | Denny? Is everything alright? | Denny? 一切还好吧? |
[07:07] | Not especially. I’m a little wired today. | 没事.只是被绑起来了而已. |
[07:10] | Juror number one, juror number two. Let’s go. | 一号陪审团员, 二号陪审团员. 走吧. |
[07:12] | Wha, what’s going on? | 虾咪,到底发生什么事了? |
[07:13] | What’s going on is Mr Crane and I are wearing explosive devices. You two are hostages. | 没事,不过就我跟Mr Crane身上穿着炸弹. 然后你们两个变成人质而已 |
[07:16] | Denny? I made reservations at | Denny? 我已经订好位子要去…? |
[07:20] | Why are you wearing that ridiculous vest? | 你穿着那个背心看起来比原来更白痴了 |
[07:22] | Juror number three. Cancel your reservations. | 三号陪审团员. 你可以取消订位了. |
[07:25] | She like snatched the crown right off my head! | 她就是特别爱抢我走我的风头! |
[07:27] | I snatched the crown? | 抢你的”疯头”? |
[07:30] | It’s like a metaphor, okay? | 多读点书吧!低能儿okay? |
[07:32] | You reported my supposed misconduct, | 你竟敢四处宣扬我整形失败, |
[07:34] | this from a debutant who rode cowgirl on Miss Hawaii. | 这可是帮夏威夷小姐整形的外科医生的杰作. |
[07:37] | Or was that your talent? | 你是太低能看不出来吗? |
[07:39] | Alright! This conference room is being commandeered for a trial! | 好了节目中断! 这个会议室将会被拿来当作一个法庭! |
[07:42] | This man killed my mother. | 这个男的杀了我的母亲. |
[07:44] | This man and his father fixed the trial and got him freed. | 这个男的跟他爸让这罪人无罪释放. |
[07:48] | We are now gonna have another trial. | 我们现在打算从新翻案. |
[07:50] | You! Pull out the trial transcripts. | 你! 把当初法庭资料调出来. |
[07:52] | I will be the judge. You. You’re gonna read the transcripts. | 我会扮演法官. 你. 你会担任文书官的工作. |
[07:56] | And you. You just go ahead and play your part. | 你. 只要好好扮演你的脚色就好. |
[07:59] | You! You be the jury foreman. | 你! 你扮演陪审团的首席. |
[08:01] | If I so much as see a cop, we will all explode. | 给我看到任何一个条子的话 ,我们就一起死吧. |
[08:05] | And I was once a cop myself, so I can spot an undercover officer. | 我当过警察,别以为你们可以让 一个便衣进来蒙混过关. |
[08:08] | -You! Pretty boy! Get out, you’re dismissed. -Why? | -你! 小娘炮! 滚!不准进来. -为什么? |
[08:11] | Because you look like pro-prosecution to me | 因为你看起来很有威胁性 |
[08:13] | and I wanna have a fair trial. | 而且我想要有个公正的判决. |
[08:15] | You! Who are you? | 你! 你是谁? |
[08:17] | Shirley Schmidt. | Shirley Schmidt. |
[08:18] | You’re dismissed, also. You be the voice of reason between me and the police. | 你也可以滚了. 但是你得负责当我跟警方的中间人. |
[08:22] | You let ’em know how serious I am. Because, if my thumb comes off this button, | 你告诉他们我是玩真的. 因为只要我大拇指一放掉, |
[08:26] | this whole floor is gonna be reduced to rubble. | 这整层楼都会变成废墟. |
[08:28] | So go on. Out! Now! | 照我的话去做.现在其余人等全部离开!! |
[08:32] | Sir? What do you really hope to accomplish here? | 先生? 你来这边到底想达到什么目的? |
[08:37] | You will hear the evidence. | 你会听到相关证据资料. |
[08:39] | You will render a fair verdict. | 然后向我报告你们的裁断. |
[08:42] | Or you will die. | 如果不想干,那现在就立刻让你死. |
[09:00] | You cannot go out there. | 别走这么出去. |
[09:02] | He says if he even sees a police officer | 他说如果他看到警察的话? |
[09:05] | also he claims that he can spot any undercover agent, so… | 而且他表示他有办法 辨别所有的便衣,所以……. |
[09:08] | I can do reconnaissance. He knows I’m a lawyer. | 我可以先去探查一下. 他知道我是个律师. |
[09:11] | I’m an ex-Marine. I’m combat trained. | 我之前是海军陆战队. 我精通近身搏斗. (小子,喜欢拿当年招牌出风头) |
[09:14] | Alright. Check the air ducts. See if there’s any way to get access. | 好吧. 看一下通风口怎样. 看能不能从那边进去. |
[09:17] | What are you gonna do? Send in a dwarf? There’s one in there already. | 你想干嘛?送个小侏儒进去? 里面已经有一只了. |
[09:21] | Maybe we can pump in some sleeping gas. Put him out. | 或许我们可以将睡眠瓦斯排放进去. |
[09:23] | Not a good idea. He falls asleep, his thumb comes off the button. | 不可行. 一旦他睡着, 他的大拇指也松开了. |
[09:27] | I’ll just check, Shirley. | 我会好好观察的, Shirley. |
[09:29] | I was three years old when he killed my mother. | 当他杀了我母亲的时候我才三岁大 |
[09:32] | My father never really got over what happened. | 我父亲对这事件永远无法忘怀. |
[09:34] | It broke him. | 他因此而崩溃. |
[09:36] | He started drinking, he started hitting us. | 他开始酗酒, 然后殴打我们. |
[09:39] | My brother ran away when I was ten. | 因此在我十岁的时候我哥就离家出走了. |
[09:41] | Then a couple years later my Dad takes his car and he drives it into a truck. | 几年之后,我爸开着他的车去撞货车 了结他的生命. |
[09:46] | Drinking? Suicide? Both? I don’t know. | 酒后驾车? 自杀? 两者皆是? 我不知道. |
[09:50] | Then my life started going pretty much the same way. | 然后我的人生也坠入相同的梦餍. |
[09:52] | I started drinking. And drugs. Bad marriage. | 我酗酒. 吸毒. 婚姻失败. |
[09:55] | Next thing you know, I’m hittin’ my own kids. | 最后, 我也开始殴打我的小孩. |
[09:57] | Because this man’s violence infected my whole life. | 因为那个男人的关系, 我的人生就如同被下了毒一般. |
[10:00] | Because him and his father got him off. | 更可耻的是这个男人跟他爸却成功的 替他脱罪. |
[10:06] | That concludes my opening statement. | 这就是我的开场白. |
[10:11] | You wanna make one? | 你也想要讲吗? |
[10:15] | Yes. | 是的. |
[10:16] | Go ahead. | 那就讲吧. |
[10:20] | Members of the jury | 众陪审团 |
[10:24] | I stand before you | 今天我站在你们面前 |
[10:29] | with my father I guess | 也许我父亲的灵魂也在场吧 |
[10:35] | representing an innocent man. | 替这个无罪的可怜人进行辩护. |
[10:42] | He killed this woman. | 他杀了那个女人. |
[10:45] | Oh, now wait a minute. | 喔, 等等. |
[10:46] | There’s no question in my mind. He’s guilty. | 没有任何疑问地. 他是有罪的. |
[10:48] | And every single piece of evidence that’s gonna be presented in that courtroom says he is. | 所有呈交上去的证据都把矛头指向他 并且显示他有罪. |
[10:53] | He’s no murderer. | 他不是凶手. |
[10:55] | I can’t base it on any evidence or anything. | 我不觉得目前的证据能够被采信. |
[10:58] | It’s something I feel. | 我深刻的感觉到他不是凶手. |
[11:01] | And the way he sits there. | 尤其是当他静静的坐在那边的时候. |
[11:05] | You don’t know what you’re talking about, boy. | 你根本在胡扯,儿子. |
[11:07] | You’ve got a lot to learn. | 你还得去学多一点. |
[11:12] | Talk!! Dammit! | 讲话阿!!你娘的勒! |
[11:18] | Members of the jury. | 众陪审团. |
[11:20] | Joseph Gordon did not kill Helen Sears. | Joseph Gordon没有杀害Helen Sears. |
[11:26] | He didn’t do it. | 不是他干的. |
[11:39] | -What’s this? | -怎么了? -怎么了? -What’s this? |
[11:40] | You pissed off the Judge, that’s what this is. | 法官对你很不爽, 而迁怒到我们身上. |
[11:43] | After I gave him a piece of my mind for not takin’ my plea, he throws me in. | 在我跟他讲我不想当污点证人 之后他就把我丢进来了. |
[11:46] | Now, why wouldn’t he take my deal? Because of you! | 为什么他不肯接受我的条件? 就是因为你! |
[11:49] | You think you’re really gonna have a career in this town after I get done with you? | 你真的认为这个案子结束之后我还能够无忧无虑的跟以前一样过日子吗? |
[11:52] | Mr Bird, you’re a carpet salesman. | Mr Bird,你当卖地毯的业务员起家的. |
[11:53] | The fact that you were able to buy your way into public office, no | 只要你脸皮够厚的话当然还是没问题 |
[11:57] | doubt by evading income taxes | 还是可以重操旧业逃逃税,跟以往没啥两样不是吗? |
[11:59] | I will knock you to the ground, sure as I’m standing here. | 我告诉你,我要把你打的连你妈都认不出你来. |
[12:01] | Shut up, Wally. Just shut up. | 闭嘴, Wally.安静一下好吗. |
[12:03] | Honey. I gotta make this go away. You know I do. | 宝贝. 你知道我绝对不能让我的名声沾上污点的. |
[12:06] | The problem is Jenna goes away if you admit that prostitution took place here. | 问题是,如果你承认你们之间有性交易的关系的话Jenna就可以离开了. |
[12:11] | Was I talking to you? | 我他妈的是在跟你讲话吗? |
[12:12] | You were talking to my client, Mr Bird. She’s represented by Counsel. | 你正在跟我的委托人交谈, Mr Bird. 而她委托了我当他的辩护人. |
[12:20] | His name is Aaron Sears dishonorable military discharge | 他的名子是 Aaron Sears.因为行为不检点而遭开除 |
[12:24] | worked briefly in law enforcement | 任职于法院执法机关 |
[12:27] | in and out of rehab facilities. | 在勒戒所待过. |
[12:31] | What the hell are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[12:33] | This duct here might connect to the other ducts running into the conference room. | 这个排风口跟会议室的排风口很有可能是相通的. |
[12:38] | If I can shimmy in I might be able to tell where they lead. | 如果我可以钻进去,我多半就能知道里面的情况. |
[12:40] | You’re going to go into that vent? Don’t be ridiculous! | 你真的以为你钻的进去? 别傻了! |
[12:44] | Shirley, I’m practically a Navy Seal! | Shirley,我以前当过海豹突击队! |
[12:46] | Shouldn’t seals be in water? | 海豹是在水里游泳的不是在路上钻鼠洞的? |
[12:51] | Ah I’m stuck. | 你娘的勒?我卡住了 |
[12:53] | Well, what do you mean you’re stuck? | = =?, 你说什么? |
[12:55] | I mean ah I can’t get out. | 我说我真的卡住了= =. |
[12:58] | I knew you’d go Die Hard, first chance. | 别把自己当成终极警探里面的布鲁斯威利 你没他牛B. |
[13:01] | Shirley! Can you help me? | Shirley!呜~可以帮我一下吗? |
[13:12] | I, I was the maid and I had the night off. | 我,我是一名清洁工 我在晚上时下班. |
[13:14] | I arrived at the Sears’ residence at around nine PM. | 我到Sears’的房间的时候是大约晚上九点. |
[13:17] | And what did you see? | 你看到什么了? |
[13:19] | As I opened the door, that man ran out, the defendant. | 当我打开门的时候, 被告从里面跑了出来 |
[13:22] | He struck me and I fell to the ground. | 他朝着我撞过来,我跌倒在地. |
[13:24] | Are you sure it was the defendant? | 你确定撞你的人是被告吗? |
[13:28] | Positive. And then when I went inside | 是的.然后当我走进去屋子内的时候 |
[13:30] | I discovered Mrs Sears lying on the floor. | 我发现Mrs Sears躺在地板上. |
[13:37] | Can you describe her? | 可以形容她的状况吗? |
[13:39] | She was dead. Her face was purple. | 她死了. 而且脸色发紫. |
[13:41] | There were bruises on her throat. | 喉咙上有瘀青的痕迹. |
[13:44] | It looked like she’d been strangled. | 她看上去是被人掐死的. |
[13:47] | Your witness. | 换你问证人. |
[13:48] | Do your father’s cross and read it exactly. | 照著书本念你爸当初盘问证人的说词. |
[13:52] | A man runs at you. Strikes you. Runs away. How long did this take? | 一个男向你跑过去.而且撞你. 然后跑掉了.前后花了多久? |
[13:56] | Seconds. | 几秒钟而已. |
[13:58] | Seconds? | 几秒钟而已? |
[13:59] | Can you really be sure that this is the man you saw? | 就这样短短几秒内你可以记得住犯人的长相? |
[14:03] | Yes. I’ll never forget his face. | 是的.我无法忘记他的脸. |
[14:05] | He’s the man. | 就是他. |
[14:11] | Nothing further. | 没其它问题了. |
[14:17] | But I wanna tell you this. | 但我想跟你讲一件事情. |
[14:19] | He killed that woman as sure as I’m standing in front of you, | 他确确实实杀了那个女人, 就如同我确确实实的站在你面前一样, |
[14:22] | and I don’t want to see him walk out of that courtroom a free man. | 而且我不希望让他有机会脱罪. |
[14:28] | It may seem a little shocking, but that’s the truth. | 即使这听上去让人震惊,但这就是事实. |
[14:31] | You’re hanging that boy. | 你这样会害死他的. |
[14:32] | That’s not so. He’s hanged himself. | 不是. 是他害死他自己的. |
[14:35] | But you’re his lawyer. You’re supposed to do everything you can to | 但是,你是他的律师阿. 你应该尽你所能去…? |
[14:37] | Don’t tell me what I’m supposed to do. | 别对我发号指令. |
[14:40] | I’m here to give him an ethical defense, so that’s what I’m giving him. | 我只会去做我该做的 ,更多的,我做不到. |
[14:43] | You know the meaning of that word? | 你知道我在讲什么吧? |
[14:45] | I know what it means. | 是的. |
[14:48] | But your personal ethics are killing him and you know that. | 但是因为你不信任你的委托人, 你所做的一切会让他难逃一死. |
[14:51] | That’s enough! | 够了! |
[14:53] | Mr Crane! | Mr Crane! |
[14:56] | Mr Crane! Can you hear me? | Mr Crane! 听的到我说话吗? |
[14:59] | Pick up the phone, and see whoever it is and ask them not to interrupt! | 把电话拿起来,看是谁打来的, 顺便告知他们不准打扰我们! |
[15:10] | Yeah. | Yeah. |
[15:14] | Hostage Rescue Team They wanna talk to you. | 人质救援小组想跟你对谈. |
[15:21] | No, I don’t have any demands. | 不,我什么要求都没有. |
[15:23] | Yes, I do have an exit strategy. I believe you people call it SBC. | 是的,我清楚我待会会怎么收拾这烂摊子 你们去查查SBC是什么意思吧. |
[15:28] | What, what does that mean? | 那是什么意思? |
[15:30] | SBC. Suicide by cop. He’s not planning on leaving this place alive. | SBC. 自杀式行动, 他已经不打算活着离开了. |
[15:49] | There’s no evidence of a transaction. | 没有金钱交易的证据. |
[15:50] | If both you and Wally claimed it was just consensual sex, with no money changing hands, | 如果你跟Wally都承认这只是个 你情我愿的男女关系而且没金钱纠纷 |
[15:55] | the police really can’t prove otherwise. Unless one of you cooperates. | 除非你们两个讲出去不然警方根本拿你们没办法. |
[15:59] | I get that, Alan. | 我很清楚, Alan. |
[16:00] | Yes, but Jenna, he’s the bigger fish. | 是的Jenna,但他对警方而言比你更美味. |
[16:03] | If you’re willing to flip Wally, I’m sure the DA would much rather deal with you. | 他是个公众人物,如果你愿意转成污点证人指控Wally,我相信检察官会放你一马. |
[16:07] | I heard that! | 我不是聋子! |
[16:10] | I can’t, | 不行, |
[16:12] | Wally’s been too good to me. | Wally一直对我很好. |
[16:13] | He’s trying to make a deal that puts you in jail. Would you prefer that? | 别傻了,他曾跟地方检察官交换过 条件好让他一个人脱罪,而你却得蹲苦窑. |
[16:17] | I’d prefer you think of something else. | 再想想其他办法吧. |
[16:21] | -The story’s broken. -Aw crap. | -他们不接受我们的说词. -妈的,衰小. |
[16:24] | You bastard. | 你这狗娘养的. |
[16:25] | It’s only on the wire services, | 现在只有内线记者知情, |
[16:27] | television will hold it ’till tonight if I promise to give them a quote. | 电视记者答应如果我透露些内情的话, 今天晚上才会播报. |
[16:31] | Fortunately, there’s a hostage situation somewhere, | 欣慰的是,现在有个炸弹客挟持了人质 |
[16:33] | so that’s getting all the play. | 让媒体没把焦点摆在我们身上. |
[16:36] | Then. Wally, I’d better bring Harriet down here so you can tell her. | 还有. Wally, 我打算把Harriet带过来让你跟她解释清楚. |
[16:40] | Better she hear it from you. | 有些事情还是得你亲口说明. |
[16:42] | Oh God. Oh God! | 喔我的天阿! |
[16:45] | Harriet would be? | Harriet是? |
[16:48] | His wife. | 他老婆. |
[16:54] | How far that way ’til we’re within his eye line? | 我们没法再靠近一点了吗? |
[16:56] | This is about it. | 再近一点的话会被他发现. |
[16:57] | This is Lieutenant James, he’s head of the Hostage Rescue Team. | 这是Lieutenant James, 人质救援小组的长官. |
[16:59] | Hello. | Hello. |
[17:00] | Do you know how to work the inter-office communications system? | 你知道怎么使用公司内线通讯系统吗? |
[17:02] | I think so. | 我想我可以. |
[17:04] | You still okay, Sir? | 你在里面玩还愉快吗?先生? |
[17:05] | Fine. | 不错. |
[17:07] | Dr Malcolm Sears. The prosecution calls | 检方传证 Dr Malcolm Sears. |
[17:10] | I’ll read his part. He was my father. | 我会读这部分,他是我爸. |
[17:12] | The man you tricked when he was on the witness stand! | 当年这个时候,就是你这个浑帐 用奸巧的问题耍弄了他! |
[17:15] | Objection. Is this supposed to be a fair trial or not? | 反对. 你到底要不要我们 公正的去审案阿? |
[17:17] | Ask the questions. | 问问题吧. |
[17:19] | Dad? | Dad? |
[17:21] | Karen? | Karen? |
[17:28] | Don’t do this, Dad! | 收手吧, 父亲! |
[17:29] | No. You don’t understand. | 不. 你不会了解的. |
[17:31] | This is the right thing to do! I am doing something right! | 我是在伸张正义! 我没做错什么! |
[17:34] | For God’s sake, Dad, please don’t hurt these people. | 看在老天爷的份上, 父亲,别伤害任何人. |
[17:38] | They have families! | 他们都有家室的! |
[17:39] | Honey. You’ll understand some day. | 亲爱的.有一天你会了解的. |
[17:41] | They have people who love them! | 他们都有爱他们的人! |
[17:43] | -Turn this thing off! -Dad, listen to me! | -关掉电视! -父亲, 听我说! |
[17:53] | Okay. You just shot your own daughter. | Okay.你刚朝着你女儿开枪. |
[17:56] | Shut up. | 闭嘴. |
[17:57] | I’m just saying. You’re not making a very good impression on the jury. | 我只能说. 你留给我的印象不是很好. |
[17:59] | Debbie. Please shut up. | Debbie.你就不能安静点吗. |
[18:01] | May I please say something, | 我可以发言一下吗, |
[18:05] | fully realizing that jurors are supposed to be quiet? | 我知道陪审团得保持肃静. |
[18:12] | My mother was the victim of a violent sexual attack. | 我母亲曾经被强暴过. |
[18:17] | I walked in on it. I was three years old. | 而我亲眼目睹,当时我才三岁大. |
[18:20] | I suffered a severe trauma. | 这造成我精神受创. |
[18:23] | In fact, the doctors are convinced it’s why I stopped growing. | 事实上, 医生告诉我这就是 为什么我停止发育的原因. |
[18:26] | After twenty-nine years of therapy, | 29年的心理治疗之后, |
[18:30] | three months ago, I finally started to grow again. | 三个月前,我发现我又开始发育了. |
[18:33] | What you’re doing here is gonna stunt my growth all over again. | 因为你的所作所为, 老娘多半又不能发育了. |
[18:38] | I’m gonna be a little dwarf forever. | 你会害老娘永远当一个侏儒. |
[18:45] | Do you take me for a complete idiot? | 你真的把我当白痴吗? |
[18:47] | I take you for a total nut job! | 老娘觉得你是个疯子! |
[18:49] | Just let us out before a sniper puts you nightie night! | 在窗外的狙击手打穿你屁眼99次之 前,赶快放我们出去! |
[18:51] | Somebody shoots me lady, my thumb comes off of this button! | 我只要死了,我拇指就会松开! |
[19:00] | We’re gonna resume the trial. | 我们继续开庭. |
[19:02] | We’re getting to your big strategy now, Mr Crane. | 我们正等着你的长篇大论, Mr Crane. |
[19:05] | Remember that? | 记得吗? |
[19:08] | This is a cheap ten-cents-store trick and I won’t touch it. | 这是个最下贱,卑鄙的手段,我绝对不会去执行的. |
[19:11] | I’ve never done a thing like that in a courtroom in my life. | 我觉得不会去做一些让我金牌律师的招牌蒙羞的事情. |
[19:13] | It’s my job to save his life, dad, and this might do it. | 我们得去救他, 父亲大人, 而这个手段也许可以换来成功. |
[19:16] | I’m not gonna turn this trial into a circus to get him off. | 我不允许你把法庭当儿戏, 更不能接受他无罪释放. |
[19:19] | Do you hear me? | 听到没有? |
[19:20] | Mr Crane. Mr Crane. | Mr Crane. Mr Crane. |
[19:24] | I said start at the top of page seventy-two! | 我说了,从72页开始由上往下读! |
[19:35] | Do you see the man, Dr Sears, | 你看到这个男人了吗, Dr Sears, |
[19:37] | who ran out of your apartment building? | 是他从你的公寓内跑出去的吗? |
[19:40] | Yes, the defendant. | 是的, 就是被告. |
[19:41] | Are you absolutely positive | 你百分百确定 |
[19:44] | the man you saw that night | 你那天晚上看到的男人 |
[19:46] | is sitting right here? | 就坐在这边? |
[19:49] | I’m one hundred percent positive. | 我百分之一百地确定. |
[19:57] | Do you wanna tell the jury what just happened? | 你想告诉陪审团你耍了什么猴戏了吗? |
[20:00] | I’ll tell. | 我来说吧. |
[20:01] | He put a man who looked like Joe Gordon at the defense table. | 他不知道从哪边找来另外一个狗娘养的长的像极了Joe Gordon并安排他坐在被告席. |
[20:05] | Then he got my father to identify the wrong man! | 就这个贱招, 使我父亲的证词可性度大大降低! |
[20:11] | My mother’s killer went free because of that trick. | 就这个贱招,杀害我母亲的凶手就这样消遥法外. |
[20:19] | Prosecution rests. | 检查局便停止办案了. |
[20:23] | Read your next line. | 读下去. |
[20:31] | Defense rests. | 被告请退席. |
[20:51] | You can go outside the room and deliberate, | 你们可以走出去外面讨论你们的决议, |
[20:53] | but stay right there within my sight. | 但是得待在我的视线范围内. |
[20:56] | Hold on a second. I wanna testify. | 等等. 我也想要受传证. |
[20:58] | Why? You didn’t testify at the trial. | 凭什么?当年你根本不敢接受传证. |
[21:00] | Exactly. Which is why people thought me guilty. | 没错.就是因为这样所以他们觉得我做贼心虚. |
[21:02] | You got to put new evidence, so should I. | 既然你提出新的证据了 ,那我也要求有同样的待遇 |
[21:05] | I put in the real truth. | 我把实话说出来. |
[21:07] | Well, let me offer the real truth. | 这样的话,我也得把我知道的是实说出来. |
[21:09] | Not even he knows it. | 从来没有人知道的真相. |
[21:12] | Alright. | Alright. |
[21:15] | Defense calls Joe Gordon. | 被告方传证Joe Gordon. |
[21:25] | My God, Wally. What’s happened? | 我的天阿, Wally.发生什么事了? |
[21:27] | I’m okay, Harriet. Sit. | 我没事, Harriet.坐下来. |
[21:28] | What have you done? | 你做了什么? |
[21:30] | Please! Sit, sweetheart. | 宝贝,请坐下来. |
[21:33] | I’m getting short of breath. | 我快喘不过气来了. |
[21:35] | Privacy, please. | 给点私人空间谢谢. |
[21:37] | …. | 别看过来 |
[21:40] | This is private. | 这是私人谈话. |
[21:44] | Harriet, ah. | Harriet, ah. |
[21:46] | I wanna talk to you about our sexual life. | 我想跟你谈谈我们的…性生活. |
[21:50] | I didn’t know we had one. | 我们有过吗? |
[21:53] | Which is what | 这就是… |
[21:54] | Harriet how do I say this? | Harriet,唉,这叫我怎么开口 |
[21:59] | I’m very un-proud of my physical self | 我对我的身材向来不满意 |
[22:02] | and it’s | 对我而言 |
[22:04] | very difficult for me to feel good about my body. | 我一直对我的身材很自卑 |
[22:13] | This morning I was arrested for having sexual relations with a prostitute. | 今天早上,我涉嫌买春而被捕 |
[22:16] | I am very ashamed, Harriet. | 我很无地自容, Harriet. |
[22:18] | It has nothing to do with my love for you. | 但是这跟我对你的爱是两回事. |
[22:20] | It’s more about my own physical loathing that. | 因为我对自己的身材的自卑所以我不敢跟你”嘿咻”.所以我… |
[22:24] | … | … |
[22:26] | It was never my intent to humiliate you | 我从来没有想过去让你丢脸 |
[22:32] | and I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉. |
[22:42] | Oh, please | 喔,请你 |
[22:44] | say something, Harriet. | 说句话吧, Harriet. |
[22:52] | Please. | 请你. |
[22:56] | Let me out. | 让我离开吧. |
[22:59] | Guard! | 警卫! |
[23:12] | Joe? You refused to testify at the original trial back in 1957. | Joe 你在1957年的法庭上拒绝出证. |
[23:18] | That’s right. | 没错. |
[23:19] | You even refused to say where you were at the time of Mrs Sears’ murder? | 你甚至不肯透露在Mrs Sears 被杀害当晚时你的行踪 |
[23:23] | Yes. | 是的. |
[23:25] | My father told you to testify. | 我父亲叫你出证. |
[23:27] | He said it was your only chance to convince the jury of your innocence. | 他跟你说了, 除非出席作证不然你肯定会被定罪. |
[23:32] | That’s right. | 没错. |
[23:34] | What you don’t know or perhaps you do. | 但你不知道?或许你知道吧. |
[23:37] | This refusal on your part made my father think you were guilty. | 你这样的举动让我父亲深信你是凶手. |
[23:40] | I suspected as much. | 不难以推测. |
[23:42] | So my question is? | 所以我的问题是.. |
[23:44] | Why not testify? | 为什么不出席作证? |
[23:54] | At the time Mrs Sears was killed | 当Mrs Sears被杀的当晚 |
[23:57] | I was in the building. | 我人的确在公寓大楼内. |
[23:59] | But I was never in the Sears’ apartment. | 但是我从来没有进去Sear一家的房间内. |
[24:04] | I was at the apartment of a friend. | 我在我朋友的屋内. |
[24:09] | My lover. | 应该说我的爱人. |
[24:12] | A married man. | 他是个已婚的男人. |
[24:17] | I couldn’t say that back then. | 当时, 我不敢说出我是同性恋的事实. |
[24:21] | Not in 1957, not even with the risk of being convicted of murder. | 在1957年那个年代,我根本不敢将事实讲给大家听,尤其是当我涉嫌于场谋杀罪当中. |
[24:25] | A crime I didn’t commit. | 我从来没犯刑过. |
[24:28] | My mother was in the courtroom. | 我的母亲就在法庭上. |
[24:31] | Being gay was | 要我承认我是同性恋简直是…. |
[24:33] | they didn’t even have that word. | 当时大家甚至不懂什么叫同性恋. |
[24:36] | You were a queer. | 如果我在法庭上昭告天下. |
[24:38] | It would have ruined Tim’s life, and mine. Destroyed my mother. | 我会毁了Tim的生活,(同性爱侣) 我自己的生活更别说我母亲的了. |
[24:42] | So when you told me that maybe you could get me acquitted some other way | 所以当你跟我讲说:”我可以另寻他 法让你无罪释放的时候”我…. |
[24:46] | Oh, come on! This is just another trick! | 喔,别扯谎了!这只是另外一个阴谋手段! |
[24:49] | It’s not a trick, Mr Sears. | 我没说谎, Mr Sears. |
[24:51] | It was me your father saw leave the apartment building. | 你的父亲的的确确看到我 从大楼内跑了出来. |
[24:54] | When I heard the commotion, I just got the hell out. | 因为我听到了警察开始挨家挨户的查房. |
[24:57] | But I was not in your apartment. | 但是我从来没进去你们家中. |
[25:00] | I did not kill your mother. | 更没有杀害你母亲. |
[25:13] | Well, well, well. And what lessons have we learned today? | 嘿嘿嘿, 现在你们清楚谁是老大了吧?! |
[25:17] | Standing here, I’ve learned that you smell like cheese. | 光站在边, 我就闻到一股智障传来的味道了. |
[25:24] | Back to jail they go. | 再把他们关回去. |
[25:26] | That was an olive branch. | 讲的好像我第一次被关一样. |
[25:41] | Got a text message from Paul Lewiston. | 从Paul Lewiston那边传来一份简讯. |
[25:43] | They’re starting closing arguments. | 他们开始做结案陈词了. |
[25:49] | It wasn’t just my father who saw him. | 我父亲不是那个唯一个看到他的人. |
[25:52] | Mrs Bailey, the maid, she saw him too. | Mrs Bailey,那个清洁工也看到他了. |
[25:54] | She testified that she would never forget his face. | 她证词内提到她永远不会忘记这个男人的脸. |
[26:00] | It’s right here in the transcript. | 证词清清楚楚的写在这文件上. |
[26:02] | Oh, he did it. | 喔,一定是他干的. |
[26:03] | There’s no evidence of anybody else being there. | 没有证据显示还有其他人在场 |
[26:06] | He’s the man. He’s the man who killed my mother. | 他就是那个杀害我母亲的人. |
[26:13] | The man looked like Joe. | 这个人就长的再普通不过了. |
[26:15] | We know that, because that’s how I was able to pull the stunt. | 不然我怎么有办法随便拉个人 进来就能呼拢到证人呢. |
[26:18] | Put in a man who looked like but wasn’t Joe. | 随便抓个路人甲过来都长得跟他差不多. |
[26:20] | The maid? Saw the man in a flash, got hit, knocked down, | 那个清洁工?她看到那个男人的下 一秒之后立刻被撞倒在地, |
[26:24] | and I don’t have to tell this jury, | 在当时我甚至没提到, |
[26:25] | a bunch of lawyers, that eyewitness testimony | 像这样子的目击证人的证词 |
[26:29] | is the most unreliable of all evidence. | 向来是最不可靠的. |
[26:33] | There’s no other evidence! There’s no fingerprints of Joe. Nothing. | 除了有人看到被告之外没有其余证据! 甚至现场连被告的指纹都没有. |
[26:36] | Your father saw my client. | 你的父亲的确看到了被告. |
[26:38] | The maid saw someone else. | 但是那个清洁工看到的是另有其人. |
[26:41] | My client shouldn’t go free | 今天,我的委托人走入了法庭 |
[26:44] | because of a trick. | 因为被误认为凶手. |
[26:45] | My client should go free | 今天,我的委托人该光明正大的离开法庭 |
[26:48] | because of reasonable doubt. | 因为明显的警方还没厘清所有疑点. |
[26:58] | Okay. | Okay. |
[27:00] | Go! Deliberate. | 去! 去对于此案做出判决. |
[27:02] | And I want a real verdict! Don’t try to patronize me. | 我要一个公正的判决! 别偏颇失公. |
[27:05] | I want a real verdict, because if I don’t get one | 如果我得不到一个公正的判决的话? |
[27:07] | Small point of order. | 那我请问你. |
[27:08] | How will you be able to tell if we just shine you on? | 你又知道我们不会为了拍你马屁 而做出为了让你满意的判决? |
[27:11] | You don’t strike me as an astute judge of character. | 你看上去不像一个会让人满意的法官. |
[27:14] | Just go!! Hey! | 随便你,快出去!! 嘿! |
[27:16] | Don’t underestimate my ability to know | 别怀疑我的能耐 |
[27:18] | if you’re being genuine or not. | 我知道你们到底有没有用公正的态度去判断 |
[27:32] | What happens if they come back guilty? | 如果他们觉得我有罪的话你想怎样? |
[27:34] | Then you die. | 杀了你. |
[27:37] | And not guilty? | 如果无罪呢? |
[27:39] | That’s for me to know. | 关于这个答案只有我最清楚. |
[27:53] | There’s clearly reasonable doubt. | 的确!按照辩方的理论我们可以 合理的猜疑的确凶手另有其人. |
[27:55] | -One lone witness? -Two. | -一个独立证人? -两个. |
[27:57] | The father’s ID only goes to the building. | 资料显示他爸当时是在大楼内. |
[27:59] | The defendant admits he was in the building. | 被告承认他在大楼内. |
[28:01] | Oh, please. He’s guilty. I’m getting sick of killers pulling the gay card. | 喔,拜托. 他就是凶手,我快受不了 辩方拿同性恋这个理由来当作王牌. |
[28:04] | How can you conclude he’s guilty? | 你有直接证据显示他是凶手吗? |
[28:06] | One eyewitness which happened in seconds. | 目击证人看到犯人的脸前后时间 才几秒而已. |
[28:08] | I can conclude he’s guilty because if we come back “Not Guilty” he’ll blow us all up! | 我可以判定他是凶手,因为如果我 们不判他有罪,我们都得死无全尸! |
[28:12] | I think we’d better give this man a real verdict | 我觉得我们该给他真实的答案 |
[28:15] | And it should be “Guilty”. | 那即是”有罪”. |
[28:16] | I say, “Not Guilty” there’s not enough evidence. | 你也帮帮忙,是”无罪”,根本没有 证据显示是他做的. |
[28:18] | I agree. | 我同意. |
[28:19] | There no evidence whatsoever of anyone else being there! | 也没有证据显示有其他人在场阿! |
[28:21] | That’s because the police only focused on Joe! | 因为他们只把注意力集中在Joe身上! |
[28:24] | Because the maid saw him. | 因为清洁工看到他. |
[28:25] | Thought she saw him. | 清洁工认为她看到”他”. |
[28:26] | Look. The man didn’t testify at the real trial. | 想一想,这个男人当初根本不敢出庭作证. |
[28:29] | That tells me he did it. | 这代表他作贼心虚. |
[28:30] | It’s his choice not to testify and you are | 就因为他不出庭作证 |
[28:32] | barred from construing that against him. | 所以你会先入为主的认为他是凶手. |
[28:35] | Right. Like that never happens. | 是阿,说的好像那些有罪的人没做过一样. |
[28:37] | He said why he didn’t testify. | 他告诉我们他为什么不出庭作证的理由了. |
[28:40] | He’s a homosexual, gay, man. | 他是个同性恋,gay佬. |
[28:42] | Who’s gonna admit that in the fifties? | 谁敢在五零年代承认这种事情? |
[28:44] | In Arkansas, they still don’t. | 即使现在这年代,在Arkansas洲, 同性恋也不敢承认他们的身分. |
[28:46] | Okay. What we’ve heard does not satisfy the State’s burden. | Okay.就目前听上去,我们还无法将他定罪. |
[28:51] | Are we gonna do this for real or not? | 我们到底要不要跟他讲实话? |
[28:53] | Yeah. Great. | 是啊!太好了. |
[28:54] | Let’s give the man a real verdict and all go kaboom! | 让他听到实话,然后”蹦”一声大家 一起用一个很漂亮的方法死掉! |
[28:57] | Are you people nuts? | 你们疯了吗? |
[29:00] | You’ve had quite the big career, haven’t you? | 你生意做很大,不是吗? |
[29:04] | Denny Crane. | Denny Crane. |
[29:06] | It all started with this case, I bet. | 我猜就是这案子让你一炮成名吧! |
[29:11] | I bet your father was real proud of you. | 你爸有你这个儿子大概爽过头了吧! |
[29:17] | Why did you become a lawyer? | 你为什么要当律师呢? |
[29:20] | Do you know? | 你知道吗? |
[29:22] | I don’t know if I know. | 我也不清楚. |
[29:23] | Well, I know. | 我知道. |
[29:26] | You became a lawyer because ever since you were that high, | 你会当律师,缘于当初你还这么高的时候, |
[29:29] | I made you want to become a lawyer. | 我就叫你得当律师. |
[29:33] | It’s been a good life for me | 对我而言,我名利双收 |
[29:34] | and I thought it would be a good life for you. | 我希望你也可以拥有这样的人生. |
[29:40] | Now I don’t know. | 但现在,我不知道了. |
[29:43] | We don’t think alike you and I. | 你跟我的意见不再相同了. |
[29:50] | I don’t really know you. | 我甚至不懂你在想什么了. |
[30:19] | Thanks for coming back, Harriet. | 谢谢你回来见我, Harriet. |
[30:20] | The lawyers have all worked it out. | 那些律师已经把事情解决了. |
[30:22] | If we all stay quiet, the police can’t prove nothing. | 如果我保持沉默,警察根本无法侦办. |
[30:25] | It’s all gonna be fine. | 没事了. |
[30:28] | I’d probably be home right now, if it wasn’t for Mr Bigmouth over there. | 如果不是那个多嘴的律师的话, 我早就已经该回家跟你在一起了 |
[30:38] | You know, ah, I thought maybe we could take a trip. | 你知道的, ah, 我们去旅行吧. |
[30:42] | Maybe go to Italy. | 我们可以去义大利. |
[30:45] | Or Europe. | 或者整个欧洲. |
[30:51] | Quietly. | 说真的. |
[30:53] | I never deluded myself that you were celibate. | 我从来没想过有一天你会成为一个政治人物. |
[30:56] | I suppose | 我想 |
[30:58] | I should be relieved it’s a prostitute, | 比起外遇, |
[31:01] | and not an affair. | 我更相信你跑去买春了. |
[31:04] | I would never have an affair. Never. | 我从来没有过外遇. |
[31:11] | Harriet. | Harriet. |
[31:14] | Aren’t you | 如果 |
[31:16] | sexually in need? | 你有性需求 |
[31:19] | There are services that you could go to. | 我也不介意你去找其他人帮你解决. |
[31:22] | Maybe we should consider ah what do they call it? | 我们认真思考这个议题. 时下年轻人都叫那个什么来着的? |
[31:26] | An open marriage. | 开放性婚姻. |
[31:28] | There’s no such thing as an ‘open marriage.’ | 在我的字典内没有”开放性婚姻”这字眼 |
[31:31] | Divorce is open. | 我的字典内只有”离婚”两字. |
[31:33] | Marriage is pretending. | 你和我的婚姻不过是场骗局. |
[31:37] | Denial. | 我无法认同. |
[31:39] | That’s a very cynical thing to say. | 别这么轻言放弃. |
[31:41] | Once two people admit that it’s not what they want | 当一对夫妻发现他们不再相爱了 |
[31:45] | to wake up with the same person in perpetuity | 却发现他们不能够得到自由 |
[31:49] | the choice becomes either divorce or compromise. | 下场要嘛是离婚要嘛是妥协 |
[31:53] | It’s much easier to just pretend, isn’t it, Wally? | 现在你还想要来假装 你还爱着我吗 Wally? |
[31:59] | Get a big house, buy nice things, | 买间大房子,买些贵重的东西, |
[32:03] | go on expensive trips, | 享受奢华的旅游, |
[32:05] | all the trappings of a happy life. | 让这一切看起来像是个完美的婚姻 |
[32:09] | The only problem is you’ve been caught. | 但是现在唯一的缺陷就是:你因招妓被捕了. |
[32:14] | Now others know. | 每个人都知道了. |
[32:17] | Our facade has been broken. | 我们的形象已经破产了. |
[32:21] | It wasn’t enough that you did a hooker! | 不管过去形像多好都经不起你这 次招妓而带来的打击 |
[32:27] | You had to get caught!! | 你被抓到了!! |
[32:31] | And now they all know!! | 而且每个人都知道了!! |
[32:38] | Guard!! | 警卫!! |
[32:40] | Guard!! | 警卫!! |
[33:29] | Verdict’s in. | 要宣判了. |
[33:30] | Okay. This is where you leave. All civilians out! | Okay. 你现在也得离开现场了. 所有闲余人等全部离开! |
[33:34] | We’ll grant you an exception, Brad, ’cause you’re combat-trained. | 但是我们会同意让你留在现场, Brad, 因为你有受过”良好的”军事训练. |
[33:37] | Okay. | Okay.(Brad心中:干!骂人不带脏) |
[33:40] | You reach your verdict? | 陪审团有决议了? |
[33:42] | We have. | 是的. |
[33:46] | Unanimous? | 一致通过? |
[33:52] | Yes. | 是的. |
[33:58] | Finally, What is it? | 说吧? |
[34:05] | Not guilty. | 无罪. |
[34:14] | There wasn’t enough Mr Sears. | 证据不足Mr Sears. |
[34:17] | There clearly is reasonable doubt. | 用辩方所提出的说词来推判情况 与实情相结合来看是合情合理的. |
[34:21] | I promise you, I’m innocent. | 我告诉你,我是无罪的. |
[34:30] | I promise you. | 我对你发誓过. |
[34:35] | Please. Please. Please. | 拜托.求你了. 拜托. |
[34:38] | No. Do not do this, Mr Sears. | 不,别这么做, Mr Sears. |
[34:41] | You kill yourself. You kill us all. | 你自杀的话,我们全部的人都要遭殃的. |
[35:19] | Stay where you are! | 待在那,别动! |
[35:21] | -Don’t come near me. -Sir? | -别靠近我. -先生? |
[35:24] | It’s over now, Sir. | 结束了, Sir. |
[35:26] | When my thumb comes off this button it’ll definitely be over. | 当我的手指离开这个按键之后, 这个地方会被夷为平地的. |
[35:29] | You don’t want that. | 你不会想看到这情况的. |
[35:31] | Shut up. Shut up! | 闭嘴.闭嘴! |
[35:33] | -Mr Sears. -Get away! | -滚开! -Mr Sears. |
[35:43] | I believed in Joe Gordon’s innocence back then, | 当时我深信Joe Gordon是无辜的, |
[35:48] | as I do today. | 今天我立场依旧坚定. |
[35:52] | Because I was so convinced that he didn’t do it, | 因为我深信他是无辜的, |
[35:55] | I was willing to | 我当时不顾一切 |
[35:58] | resort to a stunt to get him off. | 也想保护他让他无罪开释. |
[36:01] | But, I never once considered your father. | 但我却没有想到你父亲的立场. |
[36:08] | I never considered the | 我从没想到会给他 |
[36:12] | hurt, the damage. | 带来怎样的伤害. |
[36:15] | To him. | 对他. |
[36:19] | To his children. | 对他的孩子. |
[36:23] | I should have reached out to your father. | 我十分内疚,我该早点连络上你们的. |
[36:28] | His anger for me, and yours is | 他跟你们对我的恨 |
[36:32] | totally justified. | 我完全可以理解 |
[36:40] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉. |
[36:45] | Please | 请你 |
[36:47] | so that no other innocent lives aren’t destroyed | 别让其它无辜的生命受到伤害好吗? |
[36:53] | give that to me. | 把遥控交给我. |
[36:56] | Please. | 请你. |
[37:02] | Give it to me. | 将遥控交给我. |
[37:07] | You’re gonna have to hold the button down. | 把按钮按紧了. |
[37:14] | -Down on your knees, sir! -I’m not good with remotes. | -双膝跪地, sir! -我不太会玩遥控器. |
[37:16] | Pass it to me. Pass it slowly. Slowly. | 传给我.请慢慢地传给我. |
[37:38] | Judge says you can go. | 法官说你可以走了. |
[37:55] | Wally. | Wally. |
[38:00] | Or perhaps I should say | 或者我该称呼您 |
[38:02] | Senator Wally. | 州参议员Wally大人. |
[38:05] | I’m certainly no expert on marriage | 我不是个婚姻 |
[38:10] | and on relationships in general. Personally, | 或者男女交往的专家. 甚至我该说, |
[38:15] | I’m well disabled. | 我是这方面的低能儿. |
[38:18] | But from what I heard going on in this cell, | 但是根据我在这里所听到的, |
[38:24] | you and Harriet | 你跟Harriet |
[38:26] | seem to love each other very much. | 似乎还是十分关爱彼此的. |
[38:29] | I suspect the anger she feels can only come from love. | 我猜她的愤怒多半来自于她对你的爱. |
[38:36] | And well | 所以 |
[38:39] | as the resident bigmouth, | 让我再多嘴一次 |
[38:42] | I think it’s my duty to say | 我觉得 |
[38:44] | don’t let her give up on you. | 你该试着去挽回她别让她放弃你. |
[38:47] | I know you won’t give up on her. | 我知道你不会放弃挽回她的. |
[38:50] | Don’t let her give up on you. | 别让她放弃你. |
[39:24] | Here I am thinking I was having a day. | 我觉得,我今天真是过得很充实. |
[39:27] | Are you alright, Denny? | 你还好吧, Denny? |
[39:29] | Fine. And I won. | 我很好,我还赢了场官司勒. |
[39:31] | Still undefeated. | 依旧是不败的神话阿.(这老不修= =”) |
[39:37] | That must have been some trial in 1957. | 1957年的那次刑案,你一定很难忘吧 |
[39:41] | You and your father. | 尤其你跟你父亲联手. |
[39:44] | We made quite a team. | 我们合作无间. |
[39:47] | Two birds of a feather. | 双雄合并. |
[39:50] | What did he say when the verdict came back? Your father? | 在判决过后,你爸有说什么吗? |
[39:52] | Oh, he hugged me. The usual. | 他紧紧的抱住我. |
[39:56] | Proud papa. You know how it goes. | 你知道的这是为人父母最骄傲的一刻. |
[39:59] | I don’t actually. My father was never proud of me. | 我却不一样. 我父亲从来不以我为荣. |
[40:04] | It’s a terrible thing to be disapproved of by your own dad. | 不被自己的父亲所认同是很糟糕的. |
[40:09] | I wouldn’t know. | 我永远没机会了解的. |
[40:11] | Well! You led a charmed life. | 当然,你这一生向来多姿多彩. |
[40:13] | Denny Crane. | Denny Crane. |
[40:16] | I bought a carpet for one of my houses from Fat Wally Bird. | 我从胖鸟Wally那边买了条新地毯你要看看吗?. |
[40:20] | Is he still that same empty sack, blowhard? | 他还是依样虚伪,爱打嘴炮吗? |
[40:25] | Ha. Still a blow-hard. | 哈,没错还是依样机歪. |
[40:27] | But the sack? There’s something in that sack. | 但是这次我看到了 看到一个混仗内在还是有点东西的 |
[40:29] | -Tell me about Jenna. Is she cute? -Forget it. | -跟我讲讲Jenna. 她辣吗? -饶了我吧. |
[40:32] | -Just trying to make conversation. -Forget it! | -别这样我只是想跟他聊聊天而已. -听你在放屁! |
[40:43] | I don’t wanna go home alone tonight. | 我今晚不想独处. |
[40:47] | I’ll come over. | 那我过去你那边. |
[40:51] | He disowned me. | 他跟我断绝亲子关系. |
[40:54] | Sorry? | 什嘛? |
[40:56] | My father. | 我父亲. |
[41:00] | He disowned me. | 他跟我断绝了亲子关系. |
[41:12] | Oh, well. | 这….. |
[41:14] | Fathers. Screw ’em. | 那些顽固老爹. 操他们的. |
[41:17] | Damn right. | 说的真他妈的对. |
[41:23] | I’m proud of you, Denny. | 我常以你为荣, Denny. |
[41:27] | For what? | 为啥? |
[41:29] | I just am. I always am. | 没什么特别的原因. 我向来都这样以你为荣. |
[41:39] | When you come over tonight, bring the marshmallows, will ‘ya? | 你今天要过来睡觉的时候带点棉花糖给我吧^^怎样??(标准的老顽童) |
[41:44] | Consider it done. | 我会想想的. |