时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on ‘Boston legal’ | 《波士顿法律》前集回顾 |
[00:01] | Denise? Why do you smell of sex, Denise? | 为什么我在你身上闻到了sex的味道 |
[00:03] | Is it Brad? | 是Brad吗? |
[00:04] | Did you tell anybody? | 你告诉其他人了? |
[00:05] | How could he possibly know? | 那他怎么可能知道的呢? |
[00:07] | – What? – This time I detect both Brad and Jeffrey. | – 怎么? – 这次我闻到了Brad还有Jeffrey |
[00:09] | What happened with Sandy? | 和Sandy到底怎么了? |
[00:10] | She just didn’t like me that way. | 她只是不喜欢那个样子的我罢了 |
[00:13] | There will be women who do. | 会有女人喜欢那样子的你的 |
[00:14] | If Bethany’s out, I am hugely available. | 如果Bethany出局了 我可是完全可以的 |
[00:18] | Can I take you to dinner? | 我能带你出去吃晚餐吗? |
[00:19] | Well, actually, I’m getting on a plane. | 恩 事实上 我要赶飞机额 |
[00:20] | – Hawaii. – Where are you going? | – 你要去哪儿? – Hawaii. |
[00:22] | Is it my mother? | 是和我妈妈么? |
[00:23] | Yes. | 是的 |
[00:24] | I hope I didn’t hurt her. | 我真希望我没伤害到她 |
[00:27] | Tell Bella she’d better watch her back. | 告诉Bella她最好小心点 |
[00:40] | Denny! | Denny! |
[00:42] | Bella | Bella. |
[00:44] | You look blue. | 你看上去很蓝(也有沮丧之意) |
[00:46] | I’ve been attacked by vicious terrorists. | 我被恶毒的恐怖分子袭击了 |
[00:48] | – Terrorists? – Ecoterrorists. | – 恐怖分子? – 环保恐怖分子 |
[00:50] | You need to go to court and get me a restraining order, Denny, | 你得给我上庭去弄张禁令来 Denny |
[00:53] | and I want it done today. | 而且我希望今天就把这事结了. |
[00:55] | Bella, you look blue. | Bella 你看上去很蓝 |
[00:57] | I am blue. | 我是很沮丧 |
[00:58] | The COTA, coalition opposed to the testing of animals, | 就是COTA组织 反对用动物做实验组织 |
[01:02] | they’ve been after me for years. | 他们几年来都对我穷追猛打 |
[01:04] | – Why? – My company. | – 为什么? – 我的公司呗 |
[01:05] | I own Plum cosmetics, “makeup for the robust woman.” | 我有个梅子化妆品公司 “为精力充沛女人做好化妆品” |
[01:09] | I don’t use them. | 我不用那些的 |
[01:10] | I can tell. | 看得出来 |
[01:11] | They claim we experiment on animals to test our products. | 他们声称我们用动物来测试产品 |
[01:15] | – Do you? – Of course we do. | – 是这么回事情么? – 当然是啦 |
[01:17] | We have to ensure the makeup is safe, for God’s sake! | 看在老天的份上 我们要保证化妆品安全啊! |
[01:19] | I have just had enough of these psycho, animal-loving, liberal thugs! | 我受够了这些 神经 动物痴 自由暴徒! |
[01:26] | – Damn. – Denny, give me the gun. | – 去死吧 – Denny, 把枪给我 |
[01:29] | It’s mine. | 这是我的 |
[01:32] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[01:33] | I want you both to get them. | 我希望你们俩都出面摆平他们 |
[01:35] | I’m unavailable, Bella. I apologize. | 我没空 Bella 对不住了 |
[01:39] | Why not? | 为什么不? |
[01:41] | Because I have more fun things to do than represent you. That’s all. | 因为我有比给你做代理 更有意思的事情要做 就这原因 |
[01:44] | Such as? | 比如? |
[01:45] | Uh, root canal. | 额 小运河问题等 |
[01:46] | Maybe I could stick something really sharp in my eye, | 也许我该拿点什么尖的东西刺我眼睛 |
[01:49] | the simple pleasures. | 简单的快乐呵呵 |
[01:50] | I want you and the other name partners of this firm representing me. | 我希望你和其他在这 律所挂名的合伙人来代理我 |
[01:54] | I’m not representing you, Bella. | 我不代理你 Bella. |
[01:57] | – Denny! – One moment, cupcake. | – 等一下 小蛋糕 – Denny! |
[01:58] | Shirley! | Shirley! |
[02:00] | Shirley, when the woman is unhappy, | Shirley 当女人不高兴的时候 |
[02:03] | the man is rarely satisfied. | 受罪的总是男人 |
[02:05] | I’ll let you play with my gun. | 我让你和我的枪玩怎样 |
[02:08] | Your gun goes off too prematurely for me, Denny. | 你的枪碰到我总是早走火的 Denny. |
[02:11] | It always has. | 总是这样 |
[03:00] | Vanessa… | Vanessa… |
[03:02] | you’re wearing a yellow dress. | 你穿着件黄色裙子 |
[03:05] | How could you tell? | 你怎么看出来的? |
[03:07] | It’s lovely. | 真的很可爱 |
[03:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:13] | Could we get you to put your tongue back in your mouth there, soldier? | 我们能想办法让你 舌头老实呆在你嘴里么 伙计? |
[03:17] | Thank goodness we have you, Brad, to keep track of our tongues. | 谢天谢地我们有你啊 Brad 来管住我们的舌头 |
[03:20] | Would you like a list of all the places mine has been this week? | 你要不要一个我这周要去的 所有地方的单子啊? |
[03:23] | Perv. | 变态 |
[03:25] | Brad, not to start up trouble, | Brad 不是想吵架哦 |
[03:27] | but you’re not the only one. You do realize that? | 但是你不是唯一的那个 你自己知道不? |
[03:30] | What are you talking about? | 你在乱说些什么? |
[03:31] | I’m sure you can figure it out. | 我相信你能弄明白的 |
[03:36] | You’re not the only one. | 你不是唯一的那个 |
[03:52] | I just got off the phone with the DA’s office. | 我刚和检察院那边通话来着 |
[03:54] | They picked up a mister… | 他们抓了一位… |
[03:56] | Steinkellner. | Steinkellner先生 |
[03:56] | Yes, and while he is officially denying that COTA painted you blue, | 是的 但他完全否认是COTA把你喷蓝的 |
[04:01] | the coalition condones and supports it, thinks you look good in a primary color | 而那协会宽恕和支持这行为 他们觉得你用这原色很好看 |
[04:06] | and is in fact calling for a second coat. | 而且他们还希望再弄这么一件 |
[04:08] | They’re not gonna stop until I’m dead. | 我不死他们是不会罢手的 |
[04:10] | You need to do something now. | 你得采取点行动 就现在 |
[04:15] | I feel a wintry frost blowing my way. | 我觉得面前吹过一阵冷风 |
[04:18] | Okay, I’ll try to set up a meeting. | 好的 我尽力弄个会议 |
[04:21] | In the meantime, | 与此同时 |
[04:21] | maybe you could either try to talk her off the ledge or push her over. | 也许你可以跟她说说就这么算了 或者不要这么计较了 |
[04:25] | I heard that. | 我听到了 |
[04:27] | She’s jealous ’cause I’ve aged better. | 她只是嫉妒我因为我没她老得快 |
[04:29] | Bella, maybe those people aren’t protesting your cosmetics so much as you being you. | Bella 也许那些人并不是反感你的 化妆品而是因为是你所以才反对你 |
[04:35] | You might keep in mind that should I marry Denny, | 你应该牢记要是我和Denny结婚的话 |
[04:39] | I’ll have a stake in this firm. | 我在这律所也有一席之地 |
[04:41] | Unless someone manages to drive that stake through your heart, | 除非有人真心想把你那份东西拿走呢 |
[04:44] | small target that it is. | 这目标又不大 |
[04:46] | You want to adjourn to the powder room? | 你想跟我化妆室单挑么? |
[04:48] | Bella, I’m the senior partner in a law firm. | Bella 我是这律所的高级合伙人 |
[04:51] | I sit on the board of directors of a university, | 我在一所大学的教导处做指导 |
[04:54] | two museums and a hospital. | 还有两个博物馆和一所医院 |
[04:56] | I consider myself an intelligent, civilized and dignified person. | 我自认为是个聪明 文明和有品德的人 |
[05:01] | All of which is to say that | 这都是为了说明 |
[05:02] | if you and I were to adjourn to the powder room, | 如果你和我化妆室单挑 |
[05:05] | I would kick your over-the-top ass. | 我会好好地把你整死 |
[05:09] | I’m aroused. | 我激动起来了 |
[05:28] | May I speak with you? | 我能跟你说说么? |
[05:30] | Sure. | 当然 |
[05:33] | I was thinking about what you said, | 我在想了你说的以后 |
[05:36] | about how there will be women out there who like me for me. | 就是 有女人会喜欢这样子的我 那些 |
[05:42] | I said that? | 我那么说了? |
[05:46] | I’m kidding. | 开玩笑啦 |
[05:48] | Of course those women are out there, | 当然有那样的女人啦 |
[05:50] | lots of women, Clarence. | 很多这样的女人 Clarence. |
[05:53] | I was wondering, uh… | 我在考虑 恩… |
[05:56] | whether you… | 你 会不会… |
[05:58] | might be one of them. | 也是其中的一位 |
[06:12] | Gee, I wonder where Clarence could have gone. | 天 我好奇Clarence能跑哪儿去了呢 |
[06:17] | Take off the bag, Clarence. | 把袋子拿了 Clarence. |
[06:25] | Am I fired? | 我被炒了么? |
[06:26] | No, you work for me. | 没 你还得为我工作 |
[06:28] | I’m willing to quit if it affects your decision. | 如果这会影响你决定的话我可以辞职的 |
[06:34] | I don’t want you to quit. | 我可不想你辞职 |
[06:37] | And I’d love to go out with you. | 而且我愿意和你约会 |
[06:41] | Really? | 真的? |
[06:43] | Really. | 真的 |
[06:48] | I need to go to the bathroom right now. | 我现在得立马去趟洗手间 |
[06:55] | Men’s room, Clarence. | 男士洗手间那边 Clarence |
[07:07] | Um, Mr. Crane? | 恩 Crane先生? |
[07:11] | My name is, uh, Matthew Steinkellner. | 我的名字是 恩 Matthew Steinkellner |
[07:14] | You wanted to see me? | 你想要见我? |
[07:15] | You’re the man who attacked Bella? | 你就是袭击Bella的人? |
[07:17] | No, I’ve never attacked anybody, okay? | 没 我从未袭击过任何人 知道么? |
[07:19] | There must be some mistake. | 肯定是有什么误会 |
[07:21] | You made it, son. | 你自己造成的 孩子 |
[07:24] | Here’s a piece of advice. | 这是个小建议 |
[07:25] | Your group needs to stop targeting Bella Horowitz. | 你们那组合要停止袭击Bella Horowitz |
[07:28] | I say this not only out of concern for her life, but for yours. | 我这么说不是因为在乎她的生活 而是你们的 |
[07:32] | I’m, I’m sorry. That sounds like a threat. | 很 很抱歉 那听起来像是恐吓 |
[07:34] | I mean, is that legal for attorneys to make threats like that? | 我是说 律师那样子做恐吓是合法的么? |
[07:37] | Here’s another piece of advice. | 再给你个小建议 |
[07:38] | Always have your lawyer with you. | 总是带个律师在身边 |
[07:40] | That way, when I deny having said something, which I typically do, | 这样的话 当我否认我说过什么 而我又经常会这么做 |
[07:42] | you’ll have a witness. | 你就会有个证人了 |
[07:44] | Well, actually… | 恩 实际上… |
[07:50] | I will mop up the courtroom floor with you, you fat old man. | 我会在法庭上和你 一决高低的,你个胖老男人 |
[07:54] | What’s going on here? | 发生什么了? |
[07:56] | Well, well, well. | 恩 恩 恩 |
[07:57] | Princess Hideous. | 恐怖公主 |
[07:59] | She’s representing the man who painted you blue. | 她要代理那个把你喷蓝的男人 |
[08:01] | You got a problem with that? | 你对此有意见? |
[08:03] | Bethany, no matter what our differences, sweetheart, | Bethany 不管我们有什么分歧 甜心 |
[08:06] | I certainly never brought you up to represent terrorists. | 我把你抚养大肯定不是 要你代理恐怖主义者的 |
[08:09] | This has nothing to do with who I’m defending, queenie. | 这和我要为谁代理没关系 女王殿下 |
[08:13] | This is about who I’m going after. | 这是关于我要跟谁算帐的问题 |
[08:15] | Come on, Matthew. | 走吧 Matthew |
[08:28] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[08:29] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[08:30] | Where’s Shirley, Denny? | Shirley在哪儿呢 Denny? |
[08:31] | They just left for court. | 他们刚去法庭了 |
[08:32] | What’s going on? | 发生什么了? |
[08:33] | What is going on is your presence is hereby requested, | 没发生什么 只是你们被邀请出席了 |
[08:37] | check that, required at our office costume party this Thursday night. | 看看吧 邀请你们来参加我们办公室 这周四晚的化装舞会 |
[08:42] | A costume party? | 化装舞会? |
[08:44] | I have taken the liberty of hiring a consultant | 我自做主张请了个助手 |
[08:48] | for the purpose of improving office morale. | 来增进下办公室的士气 |
[08:50] | Evidently, costume parties are gold. | 显然的 化装舞会是黄金机会 |
[08:52] | Moreover, I want each of you to dress up | 并且 我希望你们每个人都打扮成 |
[08:55] | as somebody whose values or strengths you like to imbue yourselves with. | 一些你们喜欢树立自己价值观或者 获取努力来源的人们的形象 |
[08:59] | Where’s the fun in that if we all come dressed as you? | 如果我们都打扮成你 那又有什么乐子? |
[09:03] | The point is to reveal a little of yourself to your coworkers, | 目的是为了对你的工作同伴 更多地展现一些你自己 |
[09:07] | and I am serious about this. | 而我是很严肃地这么说 |
[09:09] | I want you all to make an effort. | 我希望你们大家都努力一把 |
[09:10] | This is so high school. | 这真像个高中 |
[09:12] | As opposed to you and Jeffrey slugging it out in the men’s room? | 就和你与Jeffrey在男厕所 打架没什么两样吧? |
[09:15] | – I won. – Did not. | – 我赢了 – 你才没 |
[09:16] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[09:17] | There’s some morale. | 这倒是很有士气嘛 |
[09:18] | You will all be there in costume, no exceptions. | 你们都得化装出场 没有例外 |
[09:21] | That is all. | 就这么多了 |
[09:25] | Denise, can I ask you something? | Denise 我能问你点事么 |
[09:27] | Sure. | 当然 |
[09:28] | Are you sleeping with anybody else? | 你还和其他人睡么? |
[09:30] | Uh, first of all, that’s a personal question. | 恩 首先 这是个私人问题 |
[09:33] | Well, you’re sleeping with me, so I thought I should… | 恩 你和我睡了么 所以我觉得我应该… |
[09:36] | You and I have an arrangement. No exclusivity, no… | 你和我有协议的啊.不排外,不… |
[09:39] | Fine, but there are safety concerns. | 但是有安全隐患啊 |
[09:41] | You can assume that any sex I am having is safe, | 你能放心我每次的SEX都很安全 |
[09:43] | not that I’m having any of it separate and apart from you. | 不止是我单独和你 以及不是别人的那些 |
[09:46] | Are you sleeping with somebody else in this office? | 你还和这办公室里的其他人睡吗? |
[09:47] | – I’m not having this conversation. – Denise, I will not be made a fool of. | – 我才不要跟你谈这个 – Denise 我可不想被人当傻子耍 |
[09:48] | Are you sleeping with somebody else in this office? | 你还和这办公室其他人睡么? |
[09:50] | If you no longer want to sleep with me, that’s fine. | 如果你不想再和我有关系了 没问题 |
[09:53] | I’ll miss it, but I’m not answering these questions. | 我会想念的 但是我不会回答你这问题 |
[09:59] | He may deny that he did it, but he’s behind it. | 他可能会赖他没干过 但他在幕后支持 |
[10:01] | His little group has been harassing me and my company for years, | 他那小集团数年来一直骚扰我和我公司 |
[10:05] | and now he’s hired my own daughter to further aggravate me. | 现在他又雇佣我自己的女儿来打击我 |
[10:08] | Objection. I agreed to aggravate you for free. | 反对 我是免费同意来打击你的 |
[10:12] | Hold on. I don’t allow people to play out family problems in my courtroom. | 等下 我不同意人们在我的法庭里上演家庭剧 |
[10:17] | Just what is it you want from me? | 你到底想要我什么? |
[10:19] | I want a restraining order keeping that man’s flock of protesters away from me. | 我想要让那男人和他那群 抗议者离我远点的禁令. |
[10:24] | They carry their placards outside my corporate headquarters. | 他们在我公司总部外面举着标牌 |
[10:27] | They say that we kill and torture animals. | 他们说我们杀戮和虐待动物 |
[10:29] | They verbally assault anybody going in or out of our building. | 他们把进出我们大楼的 每个人几乎都辱骂了 |
[10:32] | I’m losing business. | 我生意都减少了 |
[10:34] | I’m losing clients. I’m losing employees. | 我客户减少了 雇员减少了 |
[10:37] | I mean, enough is enough. | 我是说 适而可止吧 |
[10:39] | Thank you, Bella. | 谢谢你 Bella. |
[10:43] | She’s all yours, my little friend. | 她归你问了 我的小伙伴 |
[10:50] | The truth is, you do kill and torture animals, do you not? | 事实是 你确实杀戮和 虐待动物 不是吗? |
[10:54] | We test our products on animals, yes, | 我们在动物身上实验产品 是的 |
[10:56] | but it is to save human lives. | 但是是为人类生命着想 |
[10:59] | Oh, you’re a humanitarian? | 哦 那你是个人道主义者了? |
[11:02] | Hold on just one second. | 暂停一下 |
[11:05] | Are you a midget? | 你是个侏儒? |
[11:07] | Are you an imbecile? | 你是个弱智? |
[11:08] | – Uh, objection. – Sustained. | – 恩 反对 – 反对有效 |
[11:11] | Your company uses rabbits? | 你公司用兔子实验么? |
[11:13] | Like many do. | 和其他很多一样都用 |
[11:14] | You lock them in stocks so just their heads stick out. | 你把它们关笼子里只让 它们的头伸出来 |
[11:17] | You clip their eyelids open and pour chemicals into their eyes, | 你夹开它们的眼睑然后 把化妆品塞进它们眼睛 |
[11:21] | while they’re left there for two weeks to experience ulceration, | 然后让它们两个星期来 忍受造成的溃疡 |
[11:25] | bleeding and massive iris deterioration. | 出血和大量的虹膜剥落 |
[11:28] | Your honor, the rabbits like it. | 法官大人 兔子喜欢这么着的 |
[11:31] | Do you not subject these animals to excruciating pain? | 你不是抓这些动物来 体验极端的痛苦么? |
[11:36] | The rabbits, which are from the rodent family, | 兔子 来自啮齿科家族 |
[11:39] | do experience some discomfiture, but once again, | 是会感受到有些不适 但是再一次 |
[11:43] | it is to save human suffering. | 这是为了拯救人们的痛苦 |
[11:45] | And what’s human suffering to you, | 而人们的痛苦对你来说又是什么 |
[11:47] | going without blush? | 你个厚脸皮的? |
[11:49] | – Objection. – Overruled. | – 反对 – 反对无效 |
[11:51] | – Objection. – Sustained. | – 反对 – 有效 |
[11:53] | Sometimes the rabbits break their own necks trying to escape. | 有时候兔子为了挣脱 还扭断了它们的脖子 |
[11:57] | You’re saying that my client doesn’t have the right to protest that? | 你是说我当事人没有 抗议这暴行的权利么? |
[12:02] | You’re saying you do all this to be humane? | 你是说你所做的这一切很人道么? |
[12:07] | Well, I guess people can justify all types of bad behavior, | 恩 我猜人们能抗衡一切暴行 |
[12:12] | can’t they, Bella? | 不是么 Bella? |
[12:16] | It’s getting ugly. | 这越来越丑恶了 |
[12:19] | Denny Crane ugly. | Denny Crane式的丑恶 |
[12:32] | So what gave you the nerve to ask me out? | 那么你从哪儿来的胆量敢和我约会? |
[12:35] | Oh, I don’t know. | 哦 我也不知道 |
[12:36] | Yes, you do. | 不 你知道的 |
[12:37] | Well, it seemed we both have a lot in common. | 恩 看起来我们有很多地方很像 |
[12:41] | Such as? | 比如说? |
[12:42] | Well… | 恩… |
[12:43] | we both kind of have shells. | 我们都有种保护壳一样的东西 |
[12:45] | Mine’s Clarice or Oprah. | 我的是Clarice 或Oprah |
[12:47] | Yours, you just have a regular old hard shell to protect yourself. | 你嘛 大概就是那种经常要保护 自己的老旧外表 |
[12:56] | Who hurt you? | 谁伤害了你? |
[12:58] | Nobody. | 没有人 |
[12:59] | I’m just a tough New York broad. | 我只是个厉害的纽约人 |
[13:03] | Who hurt you? | 谁伤害过你? |
[13:08] | Well, for starters, my father. | 恩 要说起的话 我爸爸 |
[13:12] | He abused you? | 他虐待你了么? |
[13:13] | Not sexually but physically. | 不是性方面但是身体上有用打的 |
[13:17] | And you’re the first person I’ve ever told that to, | 而你是我第一个倾诉的人 |
[13:21] | outside of a few who charge by the hour to listen. | 除了其他我要付钱才会听的人以外 |
[13:25] | Who hurt you? | 谁伤害过你? |
[13:26] | Oh, I don’t remember. | 哦 我不记得了 |
[13:28] | My mother says I was bullied in preschool. | 我妈说我在幼儿园被人吓过 |
[13:32] | And I either blocked it out, or I just don’t remember. | 我可能是自我堵塞了那段记忆 或者仅仅是不记得了 |
[13:36] | I do remember I grew up with a lot of imaginary friends. | 我却记得我和一堆想象中 的朋友一起成长的 |
[13:39] | I never felt lonely alone, but with people… | 我从未感到寂寞 但是和真人一起的话… |
[13:43] | Do you stay in touch? | 你现在还和谁有联系呢? |
[13:45] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么? |
[13:47] | With your imaginary friends. | 和你那些想象中的朋友们 |
[13:50] | Uh, well, uh, some. | 哦 恩 额 一些 |
[13:52] | We have reunions. | 我们有聚会的 |
[13:57] | Am I too weird? | 我是不是太怪了? |
[14:01] | You’re just weird enough. | 你怪得刚刚好 |
[14:11] | It’s Coho, isn’t it? | 是Coho 不是么? |
[14:12] | I beg your pardon? | 你再说一次? |
[14:13] | You’re having sex with Jeffrey Coho. | 你和Jeffrey Coho有性关系 |
[14:16] | The only part of my sex life | 我性生活中的唯一和你有关的 |
[14:18] | that is any of your business is the part that involves you. | 就是有你的那一部分 |
[14:21] | Just tell me if it’s him. | 告诉我是他就可以了 |
[14:23] | Denise, everything all right? | Denise 一切可好? |
[14:26] | You look a little overextended. | 你看上去有点过度紧张啊 |
[14:45] | I’m sure there’s a long, very complicated answer, | 我肯定你会有个很长很复杂的解释 |
[14:48] | but what is your problem? | 但是 你到底有什么问题么? |
[14:52] | You’re right. | 你说的没错 |
[14:54] | It’s a… | 是有个… |
[14:56] | long, very complicated answer. | 很长很复杂的解释 |
[15:15] | I had a wonderful time. He’s a great guy. | 我过地很开心 他是个好男人 |
[15:18] | Isn’t he a little tender for you? | 对你来说是不说太温柔了点? |
[15:20] | I like tender. Just ’cause I’m not doesn’t mean… | 我喜欢温柔的 我不温柔但并不表示… |
[15:22] | Hey! You got a sec? | 嘿!你有空么? |
[15:26] | I guess. | 还好 |
[15:27] | Listen, I realize we’re not exactly friends. | 听着 我知道我们不算朋友 |
[15:29] | Yeah, I was hoping to make progress at the costume party. | 恩 我还希望我们在化装舞会上 会有所进展 |
[15:31] | Yeah, could you step into the closet? | 恩 我们能进小隔间一会儿么? |
[15:34] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[15:34] | I want to have a conversation with you in private. | 我想跟你私下说件事儿 |
[15:36] | Just step into the closet, please. | 就请进小隔间一会儿 |
[15:37] | I didn’t know you were out of the closet, Brad. | 我还不知道你走出过隔间呢 Brad |
[15:45] | Are you and Denise having intimate relations? | 你和Denise有过亲密关系么? |
[15:48] | Why would you ask me that? | 你干吗问我这个? |
[15:50] | Are you? | 是不?/你呢? |
[15:52] | As a matter of fact, I am. | 说实话 是的 |
[15:55] | Answer my question, please. | 请回答我的问题 |
[15:56] | I will not answer your question. | 我不会回答你问题的 |
[16:00] | Do you know what wildfire ink is, Jeff? | 你知道磷火墨是什么么 Jeff? |
[16:02] | It’s a chemical used to find certain evidence under ultraviolet light, Brad. | 是在紫外线下能 找到证据的化学材料 Brad |
[16:06] | You get a gold star. | 你学得不错 |
[16:07] | It also lights up when it’s mixed with certain types of oils, | 如果和某种油一起混合会发光 |
[16:09] | some of which are very difficult to get off your hands. | 那种油很难从手上揩掉 |
[16:12] | Excellent. | 很厉害 |
[16:13] | I’m sure that would be very interesting if I cared. | 如果我在乎的话那肯定是很有意思 |
[16:16] | I rubbed some of those oils on Denise’s hands. | 我弄了点这种油在Denise手上 |
[16:20] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[16:22] | This is a portable ultraviolet light. | 这是个手电式紫外线光筒 |
[16:25] | Do you have anything you’d like to tell me, Jeff? | 你有什么要告诉我的么 Jeff? |
[16:27] | Only that you’re insane, Brad. | 只想说你是个疯子 Brad. |
[16:29] | I’m gonna turn off the light to the closet. | 我准备在隔间里把灯关了 |
[16:31] | Let’s see if Denise’s hands have been anywhere near you. | 让我们看看Denise的手 在你身上哪里留了印记没 |
[16:33] | I take that back. | 我把刚说的话收回 |
[16:35] | You’re really insane. | 你肯定是个疯子 |
[16:55] | This is awkward. | 这真奇怪 |
[16:59] | You don’t like animal testing? | 你不喜欢动物实验? |
[17:01] | COTA is against animal cruelty of any kind… | COTA反对任何形式的对动物的暴行… |
[17:02] | You paint people blue? | 你把人喷蓝了? |
[17:04] | But somebody else beat us to Bella. | 但是除了Bella没人告过我们 |
[17:06] | The protest at my client’s company? | 你是在我当事人公司门口抗议的? |
[17:08] | That was us. | 是 我们 |
[17:09] | You throw blood on people wearing furs. | 你们对穿毛皮大衣的人撒血 |
[17:11] | Uh, it’s, uh, dye, but point taken. | 恩 那个 额 其实是染料 不过也能说明我们的立场 |
[17:13] | People wearing synthetic furs. | 那些人穿的是人造毛皮 |
[17:14] | Well, they promote the fashion. | 恩 他们主导潮流嘛 |
[17:16] | – People who eat meat. – Slaughterhouses. | – 还有人吃肉 – 那是屠宰场 |
[17:18] | – Leather. – An animal’s hide. | – 皮革 – 动物的皮肤 |
[17:19] | – Wool. – Same. | – 羊毛 – 一回事 |
[17:21] | – Football? – Skin of a pig. | – 足球? – 猪猪的皮啊 |
[17:22] | – Cancer research? – Oh, come on! | – 癌症研究? – 哦 别说了! |
[17:24] | This case doesn’t involve cancer research. | 这个案子和癌症研究无关哪 |
[17:26] | She tortures rabbits to make a better mascara. | 她通过折磨兔子来 做出更好的睫毛膏 |
[17:29] | What the hell is going on here? | 这到底怎么了这是? |
[17:32] | What’s going on is that we’re both in love with the same man. | 没怎么只是我们都爱上了同一个男人 |
[17:35] | It’s not you, judge. | 不是你 法官大人 |
[17:37] | I am not in love with him. | 我没爱上他 |
[17:40] | Silence! I’m very confused. | 安静! 我都糊涂了 |
[17:49] | You know what bothers me about this case, Denny? | 你知道这案子 为什么让我心烦么 Denny? |
[17:52] | That you’ve come between a mother and a daughter. | 你卡在一个母亲和女儿中间了 |
[17:54] | I know. | 我知道啊 |
[17:55] | It was always such a fantasy. | 这是个终极梦想啊 |
[17:59] | You’ve got the power to settle this, you know. | 你有这个能力来解决的 你知道不 |
[18:01] | I don’t think so. | 我不觉得哦 |
[18:02] | Bella would sue me for malpractice if I counseled her to drop the case now. | 如果我建议她现在撤消案件 Bella会告我不称职 |
[18:07] | Why? | 为什么? |
[18:07] | Because I’m getting ready to drop Bella. | 因为我有甩掉Bella的意思了 |
[18:10] | Really? But she’s so sweet. | 真的么? 但是她是如此地甜心 |
[18:12] | I can’t shake Bethany. | 我忘不了Bethany |
[18:15] | Maybe it’s that tight little ass, | 也许是那个小小的翘臀 |
[18:18] | those big breasts, normal-size head. | 那些大胸部 那个普通大小的脑袋 |
[18:21] | Why is it men become such fools over the normal-size head? | 为什么遇到脑袋大小正常的女人 男人就变得这么笨了? |
[18:25] | I’m getting ready to drop the big one for the little one. | 我准备好了放弃大的 争取小的 |
[18:29] | It’s gonna get ugly, Shirley. | 事情会很丑恶的 Shirley |
[18:31] | Denny Crane ugly. | Denny Crane式的丑恶 |
[18:41] | Now I’m intrigued. | 现在我倒有兴趣了 |
[18:45] | So what’s the answer? | 你有什么解释 |
[18:58] | When I was a sophomore in high school, | 当我还是个高二学生时 |
[19:02] | I attended my very first dance. | 我参加了我的第一次舞会 |
[19:07] | There was this girl standing across the dance floor | 当时有一位女孩站在对面的舞台上 |
[19:16] | wearing a yellow dress. | 穿着一条黄色的裙子 |
[19:19] | She was so beautiful. | 她是那样的美丽 |
[19:24] | I didn’t have the courage to ask her to dance, | 我当时没有勇气邀她共舞 |
[19:29] | perhaps for fear of the long, lonely walk back across the gym floor after being refused. | 也许是怕被拒绝后要走上 长长地在健身中心地板上拖沓的步子 |
[19:36] | I finally willed myself to go ask, | 我最后说服了自己去邀请她 |
[19:42] | and then suddenly she was gone in a fleeting second. | 但是瞬间她就如同泡沫般消失了 |
[19:50] | She must have left. | 她肯定是走了 |
[19:54] | I began to imagine what she must have been like. | 我就开始想象她会是什么样子 |
[19:58] | Her laugh, certainly her kiss. | 她的笑容,当然还有她的吻 |
[20:00] | I still know exactly what that feels like… | 我至今依然清晰的记得那是什么感觉… |
[20:06] | Though I’ve never felt it. | 虽然我从未体验到 |
[20:13] | She’s been a figment for 29 years, | 她在我的印象里已经29年了 |
[20:21] | an imagined standard by which | 而用她这么个印象做标准的话 |
[20:23] | all other women seem to have fallen terribly short. | 其他所有的女人都显得微不足道了 |
[20:29] | How could they not after I’ve individualized her | 她们又怎么不会微不足道呢 我是如此看中这个女孩 |
[20:34] | with every quality I so long for? | 一个有着我所渴求的 所有好品质的女孩? |
[20:43] | I’ve never met the girl in the yellow dress. | 我再也没有遇到过这个女孩穿黄裙子 |
[20:47] | Seeing you, I guess, it just. | 看到你 我想 这真是 |
[20:59] | Here I am, revealing a little of myself even before the costume party. | 我现在,在化装舞会前 就显露些个人本色了 |
[21:27] | How dare you? Rubbing me with chemicals? | 你怎么敢这样? 在我身上抹化学药品? |
[21:29] | When I choose a restaurant, I like to know who else eats there. | 当我选择餐馆的时候 我喜欢弄清楚还有谁在那里吃 |
[21:33] | Whoo! | 哇! |
[21:34] | Way to a man’s heart. | 赢得男人心的好办法 |
[21:36] | You ever try blindsiding him in the kidneys? | 有试过把他的肾打偏么? |
[21:42] | Bella, we’re supposed to be in court. | Bella 我们应该要上庭了 |
[21:44] | Denny’s already left. | Denny都已经走了 |
[21:46] | Yes, I was hoping to grab you for a second. | 是的 我是想专门抓下你说几句 |
[21:48] | By the throat? | 抓脖子? |
[21:49] | Ick. Too much dead tissue. | 不要 太多死皮 |
[21:51] | What do you want, Bella? | 你想说什么 Bella? |
[21:59] | I think you probably know I don’t like you. | 也许你知道我不喜欢你 |
[22:04] | There have been signs. | 是有这么些小表现 |
[22:06] | Well, the reason is because I’ve always known how much Denny loved you. | 恩 原因是我一直都知道 Denny有多爱你 |
[22:13] | He never loved me that way, | 他从未那样爱过我 |
[22:15] | but I seem to be making progress. | 但是我现在看来有进步了 |
[22:19] | Anyway… | 不管怎样… |
[22:22] | Denny holds you in a light that… | Denny把你看成是… |
[22:26] | well, Shirley, it’s, it’s this simple. | 恩 Shirley这 这其实很简单 |
[22:29] | Denny still seeks your approval. | Denny仍然要你的批准 |
[22:32] | I would be forever grateful if | 如果你能批准我的话 |
[22:35] | you would approve of me. | 我会永远感激你的 |
[22:40] | I love him, Shirley, | 我爱他 Shirley |
[22:42] | more than anything. | 胜过一切 |
[22:50] | You have got to be kidding me. | 你肯定跟我开玩笑吧 |
[22:52] | I’m sorry, Ms. Simms, | 对不起 Simms小姐 |
[22:53] | but the New York Yankees take pride in being very humorless. | 但是纽约YANKEE队的声誉 不容被这样糟蹋 |
[22:57] | I say that off the record, of course. | 当然我这么说是非正式的 |
[22:58] | I simply cannot allow you to display their logo without approval, | 我只是不能让你在没有 批准的情况下使用他们的标志 |
[23:01] | for which I’ll need a written request. | 要这样的话我要一份手写的申请 |
[23:03] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事啦? |
[23:05] | This little peanut somehow found out… | 这位小花生不知怎么发现… |
[23:07] | My name is Mr. Prig. | 我的名字叫Prig(还有一本 正经的意思)先生 |
[23:08] | This Mr. Prig somehow found out that I got a Yankees costume for our party. | 这位Prig 先生不知道怎么发现我要 穿YANKEEE的队服来化装晚会 |
[23:14] | He’s threatening to enjoin me from wearing it. | 他恐吓我不让我那么穿 |
[23:16] | We take ourselves very seriously. | 我们对这非常重视 |
[23:18] | What if I do wear it? | 如果我真穿了呢? |
[23:19] | Well, now that you have notice, | 恩 如果你已经被告知 |
[23:21] | we could avail ourselves of punitive damages, | 我们将会申明我们要求 惩罚性赔偿的要求 |
[23:23] | and I’m a very punitive little prig. | 而我是个很讲法的正经人 |
[23:26] | Look here, you little gnome, | 你看你看 你个小土地老儿 |
[23:28] | you need to busy yourself with something important, | 你应该忙你该忙的东西去 |
[23:30] | like buying up the best players on the free agent market, | 比如买几个自由职业队员的彩票啊 |
[23:32] | so you can win championships, | 这样你就能拿头奖啦 |
[23:34] | keep your pompous asses all buffed, | 移开你那喜欢管闲事的小屁股 |
[23:37] | allow your fans to feel good about themselves, | 让你的FANS自我感觉良好去吧 |
[23:39] | even though most of them can’t spell and have mug shots! | 就算很多是大文盲 而且上照都像嫌疑犯! |
[23:49] | What did I say about Clarice coming in here? | 我不是跟你说过 不让Clarice在这出现的么? |
[23:52] | Sorry, he seemed to be picking on you, and she just took over. | 对不起 他想维护你的时候 她就出现了 |
[23:55] | I don’t want her to take over, | 我不想让她来帮忙 |
[23:56] | as your boss and especially as your girlfriend. | 作为你的上司, 尤其作为你女朋友来讲 |
[24:01] | What? | 什么? |
[24:02] | Are you… | 你… |
[24:05] | are you my girlfriend? | 你是我女朋友? |
[24:07] | Um… | 恩… |
[24:13] | My client isn’t protesting against a doctor trying to cure AIDS here. | 我的当事人并没有去抗议 一个尝试治愈AIDS的医生 |
[24:17] | He isn’t singling out a hunter trying to provide food for his family. | 他并非抗议一个为了 家庭生活而打猎的猎人 |
[24:21] | He’s going after a billion-dollar cosmetics company | 他抗议的是一个上十亿的化妆品公司 |
[24:25] | that tortures rabbits in the name of makeup. | 以做化妆品为名折磨兔子的公司 |
[24:28] | There are all kinds of alternative testing methods | 有那么多种其他的测试方法 |
[24:31] | and thousands of ingredients that can be safely used | 还有几千种可以安全使用的配料 |
[24:34] | to make the same products without hurting animals. | 可以做出不让动物受伤害的 一样的产品 |
[24:37] | Revlon does it. Avon, Clinique, | 露华浓是这么做的 还有雅芳 倩碧 |
[24:41] | but not big Bella. | 但是伟大的Bella不这么做 |
[24:43] | She just doesn’t care. | 她只是不在乎罢了 |
[24:47] | We try to pass ourselves off as a compassionate people, your honor. | 法官大人 我们都想作为 有同情心的人活在世界上 |
[24:51] | We prioritize kindness | 我们更看中仁慈 |
[24:53] | as one of the most important values to instill in our children. | 作为我们孩子必须要 具备的重要价值观之一 |
[24:57] | Integrity is another. | 还有一个是正直 |
[24:59] | Where is either in making animals suffer in the name of our personal vanity? | 其中有以个人虚荣为名 来让动物受苦的价值观么? |
[25:05] | At some point, people have to stand up | 有些时候 人们要觉醒 |
[25:07] | and say, “this is wrong.” | 然后站起来说“这么做是不对的” |
[25:09] | That man and his coalition stand up every day. | 这位男人和他的组织 每天都站起来这么说 |
[25:13] | My God. | 我的天 |
[25:14] | The question can’t always be, “how much money do we want to make?” | 问题不应该总是“我们想赚多少钱?” |
[25:18] | It should be, “who do we want to be?” | 而应该是“我们想成为什么样的人” |
[25:22] | We’re a funny people, your honor. | 法官大人 我们是风趣的人 |
[25:25] | We have all these feel-good movies about animals, | 我们在动物方面都有一些 感觉很好的电影 |
[25:28] | whether it be “Old Yeller” or saving the whales | 不管是《老犬吠吠》还是拯救鲸鱼 |
[25:31] | or penguins marching off to wherever they march to. | 或是拯救企鹅的游行等等 |
[25:34] | I must admit, I didn’t get my academy screener on that one. | 我必须承认 我可没靠那个能拿奖 |
[25:38] | And every May, we drink mint juleps | 而每个五月 我们都啜口薄荷朱利酒 |
[25:40] | and dress up in fancy cloth and wear silly hats | 然后穿上好衣服戴着傻帽子 |
[25:44] | as Thoroughbred are led out like royalty for the Kentucky derby. | 在肯德基州大地上让纯种马 像贵族似的漫游 |
[25:49] | My God, we treat them with such reverence. | 我的天 我们如此敬重它们 |
[25:51] | Never mind that a 2-year-old Thoroughbred’s bones | 更别提那纯种的两岁大的小马 |
[25:54] | aren’t fully developed enough to withstand such a pounding, | 它们的背部骨头都还没 发育好不能受重击 |
[25:57] | and we certainly don’t talk about how, after they stop competing, | 而且在他们不比赛后 我们也不好怎么说 |
[26:01] | many racehorses are slaughtered. | 很多赛马都被屠杀了 |
[26:03] | Does she kill horses? | 她杀了马吗? |
[26:05] | No, she doesn’t, judge. | 没有 她没有 法官大人 |
[26:06] | Then what’s your point? | 那么你想说什么呢? |
[26:08] | My point is, despite our proclaimed love of animals, | 我想说 就算我们宣扬我们有多爱动物 |
[26:14] | they really exist for our amusement, our pleasure, | 它们的存在也实际上 是为了我们娱乐 我们消遣 |
[26:17] | whether it be the caged ones in zoos, | 不管是关在公园笼子里的那些 |
[26:20] | the cooked ones on our plate, | 还是在我们盘子里做美味佳肴的那些 |
[26:22] | the ones we make sick so we don’t have to be. | 我们把他们弄病这样我们就不会了 |
[26:26] | Miss Horowitz thinks that we should draw the line somewhere. | Horowitz小姐觉得我们应当把界线弄清楚 |
[26:28] | I agree, but at vanity? | 我认可 但是虚荣方面呢? |
[26:32] | This is America the beautiful, | 这里是美国美丽之国 |
[26:34] | land of the breast, cheek and hair implants, | 大胸部,美丽脸蛋,头发移种 |
[26:37] | where we surgically suck fat from our guts, | 一个我们能把肠子里油脂用 手术能吸出来的地方 |
[26:39] | cut open our faces and stretch them halfway up to our crowns, | 能切开我们的脸蛋把它往两边 拉伸得完美起来 |
[26:43] | inject our lips with collagen. | 用胶原质来鼓嘴唇 |
[26:45] | During the holidays, we give gift certificates for laser peels. | 在假日里 我们发放去痘激光的免费券 |
[26:49] | I can see you’ve had yours. | 能看出来你也有 |
[26:51] | And makeup… | 而化妆品… |
[26:53] | dear God in heaven, makeup is how we pull it off. | 天堂的上帝啊 化妆品把我们装扮得多好啊 |
[26:56] | Without it, my client would look like Jerry Lewis. | 没有了它 我的当事人看上去 就会像Jerry Lewis |
[26:59] | I still don’t know what the hell you’re talking about. | 我仍不知道你到底在乱说些什么 |
[27:04] | I’m simply saying that we, | 我只是说我们 |
[27:07] | as a people, as a nation, like to feel pretty. | 作为人 作为一个民族 有爱美之心 |
[27:11] | It’s who we are. | 这才是我们的实在 |
[27:13] | And if it means a few young rabbits have to sacrifice their lives, | 如果这样意味着一些小兔子得牺牲 |
[27:17] | well, they and their families can take heart, | 恩 它们和它们的家族也值了 |
[27:19] | because they did so for their country. | 因为它们的生命献给了国家 |
[27:22] | because when you think about it, | 因为你仔细想想 |
[27:25] | all we can really hope for at this point is to save face. | 我们现在真正想做的也就是挽回面子 |
[27:45] | Did that help? | 这样帮到了么? |
[27:52] | She tanked it on purpose. | 她有意这么说的 |
[27:53] | I did not tank it. | 我不是有意的 |
[27:55] | That speech was against me. | 那个演说是针对我的 |
[27:57] | Why didn’t you tell me she was a communist? | 你为什么不告诉我她是个共产主义者? |
[27:59] | I thought you knew. | 我以为你知道呢 |
[28:01] | Alan, coming to the party tonight? | Alan 今晚来舞会不? |
[28:03] | You know how I relish the chance to try out a new frock. | 你知道我多期待这个穿新外衣的机会 |
[28:07] | There’s a rumor you’ll be in mine. | 有个流言说你要打扮成我的样子 |
[28:09] | Hmm, I would love that. | 恩 我想这么做的 |
[28:11] | Size 8? | 8号衣服? |
[28:13] | Alan, you will not dress up as me tonight. | Alan 你今晚不行打扮成我 |
[28:16] | Shirley, we’ve been instructed to choose somebody we admire. | Shirley 我们被告知要打扮成为 我们所景仰的人 |
[28:19] | That leaves you and dog the bounty hunter. | 这样就只剩下你和警犬了 |
[28:22] | You will not dress up as me. | 你不能打扮成我的样子 |
[28:25] | Alan, you’ve got to help me dump Bella. | Alan 你得帮我甩掉Bella |
[28:28] | I’m not good when it comes to breaking up with women. | 我不擅长和女人分手 |
[28:30] | I’m too soft. | 我太柔弱了 |
[28:31] | Denny, you shoot people. | Denny 你都敢开枪射人的 |
[28:33] | I thought of that, | 我也考虑过那样 |
[28:34] | but it would be illegal, except in Florida. | 但是那样会违法 不过在Florida不会哦 |
[28:37] | You’re going to have to dump her yourself. I’m sorry. | 你得亲自去把她甩了 不好意思 |
[28:40] | Alan, at least help me win back Bethany. | Alan 至少你要帮我 赢回Bethany的芳心啊 |
[28:53] | I didn’t mean to embarrass you. | 我并不是想让你难堪 |
[28:56] | I just really needed to know. | 我只是真心想知道 |
[28:59] | Why? | 为什么? |
[29:01] | Because… | 因为… |
[29:04] | of all people, why him? | 有那么多人 为什么偏偏是他? |
[29:09] | Actually, he’s a pretty decent guy, Brad. | 事实上 他是个正人君子 Brad. |
[29:16] | Denise, I don’t think I’m modern enough to handle this “friends with benefits” thing. | Denise 我觉得我还不够摩登 来做这个“有好处的伙伴” |
[29:23] | So I think I’m just going to have to beg out of this arrangement. | 所以我想我只能求你放弃这个安排了 |
[29:30] | Okay? | 可以么? |
[29:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[29:54] | First of all, I will say for the record, | 首先,我就事论事 |
[29:57] | I don’t believe in all that moisturizer, botox, fountain-of-youth poppycock. | 我完全不相信那些 保湿 去皱 不老泉那些胡说八道 |
[30:03] | Oh, please, judge. | 哦 得了吧 法官大人 |
[30:04] | How else could you look like you do at 100? | 要不在您100岁的时候 还想是个什么样子? |
[30:07] | Uh, I am ordering Mr. Steinkellner and his coalition | 恩 我下令Steinkellner先生和他那协会 |
[30:12] | to stay at least 100 feet away from Ms. Horowitz, the regular-sized one. | 必须离Horowitz小姐至少100尺远 就这正常距离 |
[30:19] | As for protesting at her place of business, | 就他们抗议她这行当的地点嘛 |
[30:22] | if it’s a public area, he may do so. | 如果是公共地点 当然可以 |
[30:26] | This is still a moderately free country. | 这仍是个适度的自由国家 |
[30:29] | Adjourned. | 休庭 |
[30:33] | I am not happy. | 我可不高兴 |
[30:35] | Well, they won’t be able to paint you blue, Bella. | 恩 他们不能再把你喷蓝啦 Bella |
[30:42] | Uh, I’ve, I’ve got something to say. | 恩 我有 我有些事要说 |
[30:46] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[30:47] | Uh, uh, you once said that | 恩 恩 你以前说过 |
[30:50] | if it wasn’t over for Bethany and me, you wouldn’t, uh, want… | 如果我和Bethany没完的话 你不会 恩 希望… |
[30:57] | Bethany isn’t over for me, | Bethany对我来说还未结束 |
[31:00] | not in my heart. | 在我心里 |
[31:03] | Denny, she… she hates your guts. | Denny 她… 她恨死你了啊 |
[31:07] | Yeah, but the thing is, I don’t hate hers. | 恩 但事实是 我不恨她 |
[31:15] | Oh. | 哦 |
[31:19] | Well… | 这样… |
[31:21] | if, uh, my daughter’s in your heart, it’s, uh, | 如果 恩 如果你心里 有我女儿 那么 恩 |
[31:27] | not a mother’s place to… | 我当妈的就不该… |
[31:31] | Oh, I’m sorry, Bella. | 哦 真对不起 Bella |
[31:35] | I know you won’t believe this but, | 我知道你也许不相信但是 |
[31:39] | I actually do place her happiness above my own. | 我确实把她的快乐看得比 我自己的更重要 |
[31:46] | I wish you both the best. | 我希望你俩什么都好 |
[31:57] | Please don’t hurt her, Denny. | 请别伤害到她 Denny |
[32:10] | I didn’t have to shoot her. | 我都不需要枪毙了她 |
[32:18] | So you won? | 那么你赢了? |
[32:21] | Still undefeated. | 仍然百战百胜 |
[32:23] | And Bella? | 而Bella呢? |
[32:25] | She took it like the man she is. | 她就像她内心的坚强男人那样接受了 |
[32:28] | But now comes the tough part. | 但是现在是难的地方了 |
[32:32] | Denny, under what pretext is Bethany coming in? | Denny 找什么借口让Bethany过来? |
[32:35] | Oh, I told her I had a settlement offer in lieu of an appeal. | 哦 我告诉她有个避免上诉的调解 |
[32:39] | I really think you’re capable of handling this yourself. | 我真的觉得你自己可以应付得来这些 |
[32:43] | Just speak from your heart. | 就说出你心里想的 |
[32:45] | It’s just that it’s been so long since I’ve done that. | 这只是好久我都没这么做了 |
[32:52] | What’s the offer? | 你出的条件是什么? |
[32:57] | Bethany… | Bethany… |
[33:01] | this is not so much about settling the case | 这和解决这案子其实没多大关系 |
[33:04] | as it is settling you and me. | 主要是解决你和我的关系 |
[33:07] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢? |
[33:09] | I dumped your mother. | 我甩了你妈妈 |
[33:11] | You dumped Bella? | 你甩了Bella? |
[33:13] | ‘Cause I can’t get over you. | 因为我忘不了你 |
[33:17] | Too little, too late. | 理由太少 时间太晚 |
[33:18] | Bethany… | Bethany… |
[33:24] | We all make mistakes. | 我们都会犯错 |
[33:25] | Too often, people are judged by those mistakes. | 太多时候 人们被这些错误所衡量 |
[33:29] | I think the true measure of a man lies… | 我觉得一个男人的真实价值在… |
[33:40] | lies in his willingness to right his wrongs. | 他纠正错误的心意中 |
[33:51] | I love you, Bethany. | 我爱你 Bethany |
[33:55] | So will you join me at a party tonight? | 那么今晚的晚会你会和我一起参加么? |
[33:59] | Costumes. You’ll have fun. | 化装晚会 你会很开心的 |
[34:02] | And you can pretend that you still like me. | 而且你能假装你仍喜欢我 |
[34:37] | Shirley… | Shirley… |
[34:40] | you won. | 你赢了 |
[34:41] | I’m, uh, surprised, to be honest. | 我 恩 有点惊讶 说实话 |
[34:44] | Well, rabbits are part of the rodent family. | 恩 兔子是啮齿家族的一部分 |
[34:48] | Who are you supposed to be, Phyllis Diller? | 你想学谁 Phyllis Diller? |
[34:51] | I’m Albert Einstein. | 我可是Albert Einstein. |
[34:53] | Who are you? | 你是谁? |
[34:54] | Diane Sawyer | Diane Sawyer. |
[34:55] | You were expecting Bill O’Reilly? | 你在等Bill O’Reilly? |
[34:57] | Paul, at first I thought this was a stupid idea, | Paul一开始我还觉得这主意很烂 |
[35:01] | but I’ve got to tip my hat to you. | 但是我现在觉得真是太绝啦 |
[35:03] | Jennifer Aniston? | Jennifer Aniston? |
[35:04] | Hello. Isn’t it obvious? | 是啊 这不明摆着么? |
[35:07] | Well, the prop was a giveaway. | 恩 这个道具倒是个线索 |
[35:11] | Well, well, well, well, well. | 啊 啊 啊 啊 啊 |
[35:13] | Oh, my God. | 哦 我的天 |
[35:15] | Denny, it’s supposed to be someone you admire. | Denny 你应该打扮成你景仰的人 |
[35:17] | Anybody who can blast his friend in the face | 任何一个敢往他朋友脸上炸的人 |
[35:20] | and get him to take the rap for it is my kind of citizen. | 然后让他响起来就是我的良好市民啦 |
[35:25] | Oh, damn thing. | 哦 去死 |
[35:26] | Uh, Denny, there, there’s a rumor | 恩 Denny 有个谣言哦 |
[35:28] | that you’re gonna be showing up with an old flame tonight. | 就是你今晚要和旧爱一起出现 |
[35:31] | I did. | 是啊 |
[35:34] | Danny Devito, right? | Danny Devito 对不? |
[35:36] | You got a problem with that? | 你对这不服么? |
[35:39] | To infinity and beyond! | 为了无限和至上! |
[35:43] | Dick Cheney, Buzz lightyear, all the superheroes. | Dick Cheney 巴斯光年 都是超级英雄 |
[35:47] | Indeed. | 确实是 |
[35:48] | I must say, Shirley, | 我得说啊 Shirley |
[35:49] | 穿进Lennon姐妹的裙子是个激动时刻 being in the Lennon Sisters’ dress was a thrill, 傈啦捞 老菌瘤父 | |
[35:52] | but this, this is the pinnacle. | 但现在,这是高潮啊 |
[35:55] | I expressly asked you not to dress up as me. | 我很清楚地告诉过你别穿成我的样子 |
[35:58] | Which is why I dressed as the doll. | 所以我就穿成那娃娃的样子啊 |
[36:02] | To infinity and… | 为了无限和… |
[36:09] | Take off that costume, sport. | 运动男孩 把你那服装脱下 |
[36:11] | You take yours off. | 你脱你的 |
[36:12] | I’m Buzz lightyear here. Ask anybody. | 我是这里的巴斯光年 不信你问人家 |
[36:14] | I’ve always been Buzz. | 我一直都是巴斯 |
[36:16] | Take it off. | 把它脱了 |
[36:19] | – Hey! – I’ve had enough of him! | – 嘿! – 我受够了他! |
[36:21] | Now you two are not gonna ruin this party. | 现在你们俩可别坏了晚会 |
[36:23] | Take it outside, both of you. | 要打出去打 你们俩都是 |
[36:25] | – After you. – Okay. | – 跟你后面 – 好的 |
[36:26] | Come on, outside! | 过来 出去打! |
[36:27] | Go on now. | 现在去 |
[36:36] | Care to dance with me, child? | 能跟我跳个舞么 孩子? |
[36:38] | Oh, no. | 哦 不是真的 |
[36:39] | What? | 怎么? |
[36:40] | Who doesn’t admire Oprah? | 谁不景仰Oprah呢? |
[36:43] | Maybe I should have come as Tom Cruise. | 也许我该扮做Tom Cruise |
[36:46] | We can go home and jump on your couch. | 我们可以回家在你沙发上跳哦 |
[36:48] | I didn’t buy that the first time, honey. | 甜心 我第一次不买帐哦 |
[36:50] | We dancing? | 我们跳舞么? |
[36:51] | I’ll dance with Clarence. | 我要和Clarence跳 |
[36:53] | He’s in here. | 他就在这里啊 |
[36:54] | Hold me tight enough, you’ll feel him. | 紧紧抱住我的话 你能感觉到他的 |
[36:56] | Wow. Let’s go. | 哇 开始吧 |
[37:06] | Good idea, Paul. | 好主意啊 Paul. |
[37:08] | People seem to be very festive. | 大家看上去都很喜庆 |
[37:11] | Well, thank you, Alan. | 恩 谢谢你 Alan |
[37:16] | What’s it like being Shirley? | 做Shirley是什么感觉? |
[37:19] | The thong is a little uncomfortable. | 那丁字裤有点不舒服 |
[37:56] | Don’t be leading now. | 现在别做主导方哦 |
[37:57] | It’s always Oprah’s show, honey. | 这一直都是Oprah的秀哦 甜心 |
[37:59] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[38:03] | Clarence… | Clarence… |
[38:05] | no Oprah for a second, okay? | 就一会儿别做Oprah好么? |
[38:10] | Please. | 求你 |
[38:14] | Okay. | 好 |
[38:17] | I really like you. | 我真的很喜欢你 |
[38:21] | I like you, too. | 我也喜欢你 |
[39:11] | So it’s a yes with Bethany? She’s back? | 那么对Bethany来说肯定了? 她归位了? |
[39:16] | She’s still mixed. | 她还在考虑 |
[39:19] | But… | 但是… |
[39:19] | Well, was she at all tender tonight? | 恩 她整晚都很温柔么? |
[39:23] | About what you’d expect from Danny Devito. | 那可是从Danny Devito身上得不到的 |
[39:29] | Rule of thumb, Alan. | 单凭经验哦 Alan |
[39:31] | The way to a woman’s heart is not through her mother’s privates. | 打开一个女人的心门 并不是通过她们妈妈的私心 |
[39:36] | I’ll write that down. | 我会把那记下来的 |
[39:41] | Anyway, um… | 不管怎样 恩… |
[39:43] | Bethany is gone for the night. | Bethany今晚已经走了 |
[39:47] | You’re not getting in this outfit. | 你可不能进这衣服里 |
[39:50] | We could go for a quiet drink somewhere. | 我们可以到一个静静的地方喝几杯 |
[39:53] | We’re having a quiet drink right here. | 我们就在这里静静地喝 |
[40:01] | I’m driving you absolutely crazy, aren’t I? | 我完全把你弄疯了 不是? |
[40:09] | If you had any idea how you look… | 如果你知道你看起来是多么的… |
[40:17] | Shirley was the one, Alan. | Shirley是唯一的 Alan |
[40:19] | One night, while making love, | 一天晚上 正好发生关系中 |
[40:22] | she recited Proust to me. | 她向我背诵了Proust |
[40:24] | – Did you understand it? – Not a word. | – 你明白了么? – 完全不 |
[40:27] | I thought she was possessed. | 我觉得她是着魔了 |
[40:29] | – You’re not Buzz! – I’ve always been buzz! | – 你不是巴斯! – 我一直都是巴斯! |
[40:32] | Look at those two. | 看看那两个 |
[40:36] | I’m Buzz! | 我才是巴斯! |
[40:38] | Love us or hate us, there’s no other place like us. | 爱我们也好 恨我们也好 哪里也没有我们这里好 |
[40:40] | Here’s to that. | 就为这个敬一杯 |
[40:45] | Forget it. | 忘了吧 |
[40:49] | Just one dance. | 就跳支舞吧 |
[40:51] | Let me waltz down memory lane. | 就让我在跳着华尔兹穿过记忆的小巷 |
[40:57] | One dance if you’ll drop it. | 如果你不提了就跳一支 |
[41:00] | Fine. | 好的 |
[41:04] | And you’d better respect me. | 而且你最好尊重我点 |
[41:19] | Do I really remind you of Shirley? | 我真的让你想起Shirley了么? |
[41:25] | Except some of the lumps are in the wrong place. | 除了某些隆起的地方不太对 |
[41:27] | The lump you refer to is your own. | 你说的是你的隆起的地方不对罢了 |
[41:41] | Imagine people looking out their window | 想想人们透过他们窗户 |
[41:42] | seeing Dick Cheney and Shirley Schmidt dancing on the balcony. | 看着Dick Cheney和Shirley Schmidt 在阳台上共舞 |
[41:47] | What must they be thinking? | 他们肯定会想些什么? |
[41:50] | Well, if they’re regular viewers, they know by now, anything goes. | 恩 如果他们经常看 他们 现在也知道 发生了什么 |
[41:55] | Yes, it does. | 是的 是这样 |
[42:08] | Is that a rental? | 你这是借用的? |
[42:09] | Shut up! I rented first. | 闭嘴! 我先借的 |
[42:10] | You look like an idiot! | 你看上去像个笨蛋! |
[42:13] | Take it off! | 把它脱了! |