时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on Boston Legal… | |
[00:02] | Alan this is Vanessa Walker. She’s from our New York office. | Alan这是 Vanessa Walker. 在我们New York办公室的人员. |
[00:05] | She invited me to join Crane, Poole and Schmidt. | 她邀请我加入 Crane, Poole and Schmidt. |
[00:07] | I’m a big fan of diversity. I date midgets you know. | 我提倡多元化. 我甚至跟侏儒约会. |
[00:09] | And their mothers. | 也顺便跟他们妈妈约会. |
[00:10] | I uh, got kicked out of my gym. | 我被健身房踢出来了. |
[00:12] | It’s an all girls gym. | 那是女性健身房. |
[00:13] | That’s the reason you went back to that club as Clarence, so Sandy could meet you. | 这就是为什么你已 Clarence的身分回去, 这样 Sandy可以看见你. |
[00:17] | Clarence…I’d love to have dinner with you. | Clarence…我愿意跟你共进晚餐. |
[00:19] | I’m hearing that Jeffrey Coho has set his little attenae on Denise. | 我听到 Jeffrey Coho试图勾引 Denise. |
[00:24] | I would like to start seeing you. | 我想跟你约会 |
[00:26] | Friends with benefits? | “互助互惠”的朋友? |
[00:26] | Do you know what the term ‘Friends with benefits’ means? | 你知道 ‘互助互惠’ 什么意思? |
[00:29] | You slut! | 小荡妇! |
[00:48] | Denise. | Denise. |
[00:50] | I couldn’t help but notice your | 我不难以远远地 |
[00:52] | busy hands from afar. | 就注意到你忙动的双手. |
[00:54] | I find there’s little more intoxicating than a | 一个工作认真的女人 |
[00:58] | pretty woman with a busy hand. | 让她自己看起来额外的有魅力. |
[01:01] | I imagine, later tonight, when I let my | 我可以想像今天晚上我可以幻想着 |
[01:05] | mind wander to you as it so invariably does | 你的手会在我身体上多么的忙碌 |
[01:08] | my hand too will become busy. | 就如同我的手在你的身体上一般. |
[01:12] | Alan… | Alan… |
[01:13] | you’ve met Vanessa right? | 你跟Vanessa 见过面了对吧? |
[01:20] | Out of curiosity, how many times have women in the workplace sued you? | 我很好奇,自从你进了这办公室之后有多少女人告过你? |
[01:25] | It never gets old. | 从没间断. |
[01:27] | Will you be sueing me? | 你也打算进入她们的行列? |
[01:29] | I can’t fly! | 我不能飞!(指我不能坐飞机) |
[01:30] | You’re just discovering this? | 你现在才发现? |
[01:32] | Bella and I were headed for Hawaii. I got detained at the airport. They wouldn’t let me board! | Bella跟我正要前往夏威夷i. 他们把我扣留在机场. 不让我登机! |
[01:36] | Why? | 为什么? |
[01:37] | According to their records, I’m a terrorist. | 根据他们资料显示,我是个恐怖分子. |
[01:39] | – What?! – That’s what they said, a terrorist! | – 三小?! – 他们说我是个恐怖分子! |
[01:41] | Bella is in Hawaii and I’m not. Alan you’ve got to help me. | Bella 已经在夏威夷了我却还在这边. Alan 你得帮我. |
[01:44] | Okay. | Okay. |
[01:45] | Nobody gets away with calling Denny Crane a terrorist! | 没有人可以把Denny Crane称为恐怖分子! |
[01:48] | What would you like me to do? | 你想要我怎么做? |
[01:49] | Perfect world, we blow them up. | 给他们好看. |
[01:51] | Short of that. | 差不多就这样吧. |
[01:52] | Sleep with their wives. | 拿他们老婆当床伴. |
[01:53] | You can do better. | 我希望不只如此. |
[01:54] | Daughters? | 女儿也一起来,大小通吃? |
[01:55] | Denny you’re an American. What does any true red, white and blue American do when he’s been wronged | Denny 你是个美国人. 当一个美国人被欺负的时候他怎么办? |
[02:00] | or even slightly put out for that matter? | 即使只是些鸡毛蒜皮的小事情? |
[02:05] | We sue! | 告到他脱裤! |
[02:08] | Transcripts : Nuwanda Synch : Nuwanda | MARKULA 翻译到手抽筋 |
[02:41] | Vanessa, thanks for coming. | Vanessa, 感谢你前来. |
[02:45] | This is Helen Choi. | 这是 Helen Choi. |
[02:48] | – Hello. – Nice to meet you. | – 高兴见到你. – Hello. |
[02:49] | Let’s just jump right in since time is running short. | 省下打招呼的时间直接切入正题吧. |
[02:53] | Helen teaches first grade at Aulston. | Helen 在Aulston任职小学一年级教师. |
[02:55] | She tragically had one of her students pass away, due to an alergic reaction to peanuts. | 她的一个学生不久前因为花生过敏而死亡. |
[03:01] | Oh, I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾. |
[03:03] | Parents are sueing her for wrongful death sighting her negligence in the death of the child. The trial starts on wednesday. | 学童的父母队以照顾疏失的理由起诉他. 出庭时间是礼拜三. |
[03:08] | I had another lawyer but the parents attorney is from a big firm and they | 我本来是请另外一个律师,但是对方从一间很大的律师行请来了一名大律师 |
[03:13] | seemed to have overwhelmed him. | 迫使我之前的律师放弃帮我诉讼. |
[03:14] | Why are they claiming you were negligent? | 为什么他们说你有过失罪? |
[03:17] | First for allowing the peanuts to even get in the room. | 第一,他们认为我不该让任何花生制品进入教室. |
[03:21] | We check the lunches but, | 我们在午餐的时候有检查, |
[03:24] | another student had brought in a candy bar that I didn’t know about. | 我不知道但是另外一名学生带了一条花生棒. |
[03:28] | And also at the time of the incident | 而且发生事件的同时 |
[03:30] | I was on my cell phone. | 我正在用手机讲电话 |
[03:32] | It probably did distract me for a few seconds before I got to the epipen. | 但是即使如此也只让我在拿到肾上剂素针前多花了几秒时间而已. |
[03:36] | I’ve scheduled a settlement conference for today I’d like you to join us. | 今天我已经把对方约出来面谈,我希望你也出席. |
[03:41] | How long after that did the child die? | 从发做到死亡前后花了多少时间? |
[03:44] | Um… | |
[03:47] | He died right there. | 他立刻死掉了. |
[03:49] | In the classroom. | 在教室里面. |
[03:55] | Okay Denny, it’s true you’re on a no-fly list. | Okay Denny, 事实证明你真的在不被允许登机的名单上. |
[03:58] | I told you. | 我告诉你啦. |
[03:58] | They’ve obviously confused you with somebody else, I’ve arranged a meeting with a man from Homeland security. | 他们绝对把你跟其他人搞混了, 我今天约了国家安全局的人员来面谈. |
[04:04] | He’s coming here actually. His office is in some disarray. | 他们正在来的路上. 因为他们办公室很乱. |
[04:10] | And we won’t be needing any guns. | 我们应该还不用掏”家伙”出来. |
[04:12] | Just want to show him that I got them like a good American. Why is he coming here? | 我只是要让他们知道我是个杰出的美国公民. 为什么我们不去他们那边? |
[04:16] | Well, he didn’t want you going there incase you also turned out to be… | 因为他们不想你去,而原因是… |
[04:23] | What? | 怎样? |
[04:25] | a spy. | 他们也怀疑你是个间谍. |
[04:26] | – A spy?! – Denny we’ll clear it up, I promise. | – 间谍?! – Denny 我保证会帮你解决问题. |
[04:29] | – A spy?! – Isn’t there anyone you know? | – 间谍?! – 你不认识跟国家安全局有关的高级官员吗? |
[04:31] | Well I can’t get anybody! I called Tom Delai’s numbers, disconnected. | 半个都找不到!我有打电话给Tom Delai’s ,不通! |
[04:35] | Foley has got his hand’s full. Fris said don’t take it personally. | Foley忙线. Fris 叫我忍耐点. |
[04:39] | I called Clarence Thomas his office said he was indisposed! | 我打给 Clarence Thomas过,办公室的人说他被调职了! |
[04:42] | Have you tried going right to the top? | 你有试着直接找最高层吗? |
[04:43] | Janie? | Janie? |
[04:44] | Boys… | 小朋友… |
[04:46] | Shirley! | Shirley! |
[04:46] | Did you hear? Denny can’t fly. | 你听到了吗? Denny不能坐飞机. |
[04:49] | Tell me about it. Have either of you seen Claire? | 是阿. 你有看到Claire吗? |
[04:51] | No, why? | 没有,怎么啦? |
[04:52] | Her assistant is causing a bit of a stir in the reception. | 她的助理在前面,热闹的很. |
[04:55] | Clarence? | Clarence? |
[04:55] | If only it were Clarence. | 如果你要这样叫他的话, Clarence. |
[04:57] | Clarice? | Clarice? |
[04:58] | I still wish. | 如果是那我就太高兴了. |
[04:59] | Who? | Who? |
[05:00] | Oprah. | 欧普拉. |
[05:06] | – Oh my! – Wow! | – 我的天阿! – 哇! -她好辣啊! |
[05:12] | Why is everybody hugging her? | 为什么每个人都在抱他? |
[05:14] | She just gave them all cars. Evidently, high-end! | 因为每个上她节目的人都得到了一台车! |
[05:20] | Denny Crane. | Denny Crane. |
[05:21] | Hello Denny! | Hello Denny!(=__=这老色鳖) |
[05:40] | Clarence did something happen? | Clarence发生什么事了? |
[05:41] | Nothing happened child. | 没事. |
[05:43] | It’s just, January is Martin Luther King month. | 只是每年一月份我都会想要实现一些梦想. 就像是Martin Luther King |
[05:45] | I used to dress up as Dr. King, but kids today…half of them don’t know who he is. | 我以前会装扮的像Dr. King, 但是时下的小孩根本不知道他是谁. |
[05:51] | But they all know Oprah! | 但是他们都知道谁是欧普拉! |
[05:53] | Ah, excuse me. | 抱歉. |
[05:55] | Homeland security is in your office. | 国家安全局的人来了. |
[05:59] | Okay. | Okay. |
[06:01] | And uh, why would Homeland security be in your office? | 他们来这边干麻? |
[06:04] | Do you really want to know Paul? | 你真的想知道 Paul? |
[06:07] | No. | No. |
[06:09] | Dennis Crane. | Dennis Crane. |
[06:10] | The one we targeted is a Canadian born who converted to Islam and took up Jihad against the United States after 9/11. | 在9/11过后,这名加拿大人转信伊斯兰教并且扬言要对美国进行圣战. |
[06:17] | He visited several terrorist training camps in Pakistan with known ties to Al Qaida. | 他已经被证实去去过巴基斯坦受过恐怖分子的训练投身于Al Qaida. |
[06:22] | He changed his name to Mohammed Al Zwari, but his passport still lists him as Dennis Crane which is why the name is on the no-fly list. | 他改名叫做Mohammed Al Zwari,但他的护照名还是Dennis Crane这就是为什么这名子在禁止搭乘飞机的乘客名单上. |
[06:30] | So. | 所以. |
[06:33] | Now that we’ve cleared it up. | 我们已经认清事实了不是吗?. |
[06:35] | It’s not that simple. | 说的比做的简单. |
[06:37] | The current technology doesn’t provide airline officials with the targets date of birth, race or physical description. | 目前我们使用的科技还无法让机场人员鉴定追捕对象的生日,种族或者外貌. |
[06:44] | Just a name. | 只是个名字. |
[06:45] | Ha! Are you saying anyone named Dennis Crane – | 哈! 你是说所有叫做Dennis Crane的人- |
[06:48] | Will not be allowed to fly on commercial airliners. | 都不准搭乘民营客机 |
[06:52] | Unless he can get on the other list of people on the no-fly list, who can fly. | 除非他被列入特殊名单之内. |
[06:55] | Uh, okay…so put him on that list. | okay…那把他列入特殊名单内. |
[06:58] | Also not simple. | 这也没听上去这么简单. |
[07:00] | He’ll have to fill out a form. And wait for approval. | 他必须先填申请表然后等待被保送过关 |
[07:02] | Well, how long will it take? | 要多久? |
[07:04] | It’s umm… | 恩… |
[07:06] | indetermined. | 很难讲. |
[07:08] | Are you joking? | 你在开玩笑吗? |
[07:09] | I assure you the federal government has no sense of humour. | 联邦政府不懂什么叫做幽默. |
[07:12] | And neither should you when it comes to the war on terror. | 尤其当我们的国家处于战争期. |
[07:14] | Let me shoot him. | 我要一枪让他屁眼开花. |
[07:15] | Mr. Murch | Mr. Murch |
[07:16] | There is nobody more red, white and blue than this man here. He is for the death penalty, he’s pro-life. | 在场中再也没有人比他更像个美国人. 支持死刑, 反对堕胎. |
[07:22] | He doesn’t read newspapers. He’s exercised every loop hole to avoid paying taxes. | 不读报纸. 用尽方法逃漏税. (Alan你到底是在褒还是贬阿=__=”汗) |
[07:27] | He’s even donated to the ??? | 他甚至还捐款 ??? |
[07:29] | I sympathize with you. I really do. | 我很同情你的处境,真的. |
[07:32] | But these are some of the prices we pay to live in a free and democratic society which is safe. | 但是为了众美国人民的安全我们得有所牺牲. |
[07:37] | Let me shoot him. | 别拦我,我一定要让他屁眼开花. |
[07:38] | Are you threatening me? | 你在恐吓我吗? |
[07:40] | No, that job falls to me Mr. Murch. | 不不..那是我的任务Mr. Murch. |
[07:43] | I will ask you nicely, to put Denny’s name on the fly list. | 我会有礼的要求你把Denny的名子移到特许名单内. |
[07:47] | Or I will complicate your life in federal court. | 不然我会在联邦法庭上让你难看. |
[07:50] | By the time I’m finished, your superiors won’t be saying | 在我把这句话说完之后你的主管 |
[07:54] | Heck of a job Murchie! | 绝对会知道什么叫焦头烂额Murchie! |
[07:58] | You’re threatening to mess up my life? | 你在想要恶整我? |
[08:01] | You’re talking to Homeland security. | 你知道你在跟国家安全局的官员谈话吗. |
[08:04] | We’re the master. | 我们才是老大. |
[08:10] | We couldn’t have been more clear with her. | 我以为我们已经跟她讲清楚了. |
[08:13] | We had a meeting to specifically discuss the allergy. | 在学校家长会上我们就讨论过关于过敏的问题了. |
[08:16] | We went over the precise procedure. She knew the severity of the risk. | 我们在家长会上列了非常详细的条款, 她知道她的疏忽会带来什么危害. |
[08:20] | We understand Mrs. Beckitt, nobody is denying the terrible tragedy that occurred. | 我们知道 Mrs. Beckitt, 没人否认这是场悲剧. |
[08:24] | But you are denying her copability, are you not? | 但是你们不认为是她的疏失不是吗? |
[08:27] | Mr. & Mrs. Beckitt I’m sure you can appreciate that | Mr. & Mrs. Beckitt 我希望你们能知道 |
[08:30] | as Helen’s lawyers, we can’t admit any liability on her part but | 做为 Helen的律师, 我们不会去逃避但是 |
[08:35] | let’s assume, for the sake of argument, she bares some responsibility | 先这样说吧, 她的确得承担部分责任 |
[08:39] | She has no assets. | 但是她半点资产都没有. |
[08:41] | Any judgement you get would not be recoverable. | 即使你要求赔偿她也没钱还. |
[08:43] | This is not about money Miss Schmidt. | 这不是钱的问题 Miss Schmidt. |
[08:46] | Okay. | Okay. |
[08:47] | Then… | 那… |
[08:48] | If I may ask | 请容许我问您 |
[08:50] | What is it about? | 那是什么问题? |
[08:53] | We want to send a message. We want to put the word out. | 我们想要让广大的群众知道这种事情会发生. |
[08:57] | That teachers like her, need to take care. | 像是她这种教师,需要多花点心思在学生上. |
[09:02] | You need to take care. | 你得无微不至的照顾他们. |
[09:13] | Take off the wig Clarence. | 把衣服脱掉 Clarence. |
[09:15] | This wig doesn’t come off as easily child. It doesn’t just pop off like a hood ornament. | 没这么容易亲爱的. 这不像一顶帽子. |
[09:20] | What happened? | 到底发生什么事情了? |
[09:21] | Obviously something went wrong with Sandy. | 显而易见的跟Sandy有关. |
[09:22] | Sandy’s a darling girl, but she wasn’t remotely in a place to have a relationship | Sandy是个讨人喜爱的人,但是她不想要找男朋友 |
[09:26] | – know what I am saying? – What happened? | – 你听得懂吗? – 然后呢? |
[09:30] | There weren’t any precipitating factors. | 没什么可以可以将友情转成激情的要素. |
[09:32] | Sometimes two people, despite having a lot in common – | 即使两个人有很多共同的兴趣 – |
[09:36] | Can you just take off the wig? | 可以拜托你把衣服脱掉吗? |
[09:37] | Enough with the wig! | 我受够了! |
[09:39] | Forget the wig! | 有这么重要吗! |
[09:42] | Who was that? | 现再是谁在说话? |
[09:45] | From the sound of his voice I’d say Clevant. | 现在是 Clevant. |
[09:48] | Clarence, you’re not schizophrenic | Clarence, 你并没有人格分裂的问题 |
[09:51] | You’re just choosing to hide behind these personas espcially when… | 你只是喜欢装成一个你想要变成的人尤其是在… |
[09:58] | What exactly happened with Sandy? | 你跟Sandy到底发生什么事情? |
[10:02] | You know honey, I’ll make a deal | 你知道吗?糖心,我们来谈个条件 |
[10:03] | We’ll talk about Clarence and his personal life if we can first discuss yours. | 在我们谈Clarence的私生活之前我们先来谈谈你的. |
[10:08] | Do you have a personal life Claire? | 你有足够的私人空间吗Claire? |
[10:11] | In the workplace? Absolutely not. | 工作的时候? 当然没有. |
[10:12] | Any place? | 其他的时候呢? |
[10:15] | Why do you dress the way you do? | 你为什么如此装扮? |
[10:17] | What is wrong with the way I dress? | 我的装扮碍着你了? |
[10:19] | It just isn’t… | 你的装扮不够… |
[10:20] | very sexual. You appear to have a very good body and you cover it up. | 非常性感. 你身材这这么的火辣你为什么要包的跟肉粽一样. |
[10:25] | I do not. | 我没有. |
[10:33] | Have you been sexually assaulted Claire? | 你有被性侵犯吗Claire? |
[10:37] | Okay Oprah. | Okay欧普拉. |
[10:39] | Isn’t this when on your show you cut to a commercial? | 你这时候该跟导播说进广告了? |
[10:41] | You as a big loaded melodramatic question and then you say, “we’ll be right back after this”. | 然后你会说我们待会立刻回到现场来. |
[10:47] | Why don’t you say that? | 快讲吧? |
[11:05] | One second Denny. | 等一下 Denny. |
[11:07] | Denny and I are off to federal court. Seem’s he’s on the | Denny跟我正要出席联邦法庭. 他似乎 |
[11:11] | no-fly list. | 不准搭飞机. |
[11:13] | Gee. | 天阿. |
[11:15] | Denise, I thought you’d be more sympathetic. Denny can’t | Denise, 我以为你会更有同情心一点. Denny 不能 |
[11:18] | spread his wings. Imagine how you’d feel if you were | 在天空翱翔. 试想你想”做爱”做的事情 |
[11:22] | robbed of the opportunity to | 却被阻止 |
[11:25] | spread yours. | 不让你做. |
[11:26] | That is so lame. | 真是太可惜了. |
[11:29] | Why do you smell of sex Denise? | 为什么你闻上去像是刚嘿咻完 Denise? |
[11:32] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[11:33] | A woman gives off a certain scent when she’s having sex. | 你散发出一种一个女人刚”嘿咻”完的气味. |
[11:37] | – Okay. – Who are you having sex with Denise? | – 你跟谁嘿咻了Denise? – Okay. |
[11:40] | You are out of your mind. | 滚出我的视线. |
[11:42] | Smells like Brad. | 闻起来像Brad. (鼻子灵的跟狗一样@_@) |
[11:44] | Is it Brad? | 是Brad吗? |
[11:48] | What was that all about? | 发生什么事情了? |
[11:49] | He knows. | 他知道了. |
[11:49] | – Knows what? – That we’re having sex. | – 知道什么? – 我们嘿咻过了. |
[11:52] | Did you tell anybody? | 你有跟任何人讲吗? |
[11:53] | How could he possibly know unless you told somebody. | 这事情就你知我知,一定是你讲出去的. |
[11:56] | I didn’t tell anybody! | 我没跟半个人说过! |
[11:58] | He smelt it on me. | 他闻了我身上的味道. |
[12:03] | Oh stop it! | 别闻了! |
[12:12] | I had checked the lunches. I check them all everyday. | 在午餐时候我做了检查.我检查了每个学生的食物. |
[12:14] | The school has a strict no peanut policy. | |
[12:17] | Yes. And all parents were notified verbally and in writing, not to bring anything with nuts to class. | 是. 而且每个家长都签了条款声明 不会让他们的孩子带任何有花生的食品. |
[12:23] | So what happened? | 那怎会发生? |
[12:24] | Well, the childeren were eating. All of a sudden, Nate… | 当所有的学童都在吃饭的时候,突然, Nate… |
[12:29] | he was on the floor… | 躺在地板上… |
[12:32] | I went over… | 我跑过去… |
[12:34] | He had gone into shock. | 他已经失去意识了. |
[12:36] | – And then? – And then I followed the protocol. | – 然后呢? – 我按照学校交代的方式去做. |
[12:38] | I unlocked the first aid cabinet, I got out an epipen, I jammed it into his thigh but… | 我打开医药箱,拿出肾上腺素剂,我从大腿帮他注射,但是… |
[12:45] | It was too late. | 已经太晚了. |
[12:47] | It turns out another student had bought in a mini candy bar with nuts in it and… | 我们发现有另外一个小孩带了一条巧克力棒里面有花生而且… |
[12:52] | I never saw it. | 我之前都没看到. |
[12:54] | What exactly were you doing when Nate Beckitt went into anaphylactic shock? | 早在你发现Nate Beckitt陷入昏迷时你在干嘛? |
[13:00] | I was talking on my cell phone. | 我在用手机通话. |
[13:01] | Is that permissible? For teachers to be on their cell phones during class? | 学校允许吗? 让老师在教室中使用手机? |
[13:05] | It was during lunch, but no, it is not permissible. | 那是在午休的时候, 但是, 还是不被允许的. |
[13:09] | My father had had surgery that morning, I was anxious to check up on him. | 我父亲当天早上动了手术,我十分担心他的安危. |
[13:13] | In fact you had your back turned on your students as you spoke on the phone. | 所以当你在讲电话的时候,你完全忽略了你的学生. |
[13:17] | My father had a life threatening condition, I didn’t want to alarm the students. | 我父亲面临着死亡的可能性,我不想要惊恐我的学生. |
[13:20] | How long had Nate been on the floor before you noticed him? | 你过了多久才发现Nate躺在地上? |
[13:23] | Well, uh…the childeren started to scream so… | 我想, 恩…当学童们开始尖叫的时候… |
[13:27] | I don’t know. Not long. | 我不清楚. 但是不会太长的g. |
[13:29] | – 20 seconds? – At the most. | – 20 秒? – 最多了. |
[13:31] | – I would say under. – But possibly 20 seconds? | – 我觉得更少. – 但是大约二十秒? |
[13:35] | Possibly. | 可能吧. |
[13:38] | How long have you been a teacher? | 你当老师多久了? |
[13:39] | Seven years. | 7年了. |
[13:40] | – Do you like it? – I love it. | – 你喜欢吗? – 我热爱这份工作. |
[13:42] | It’s all I ever wanted to do. | 我从小到大都一直想当名教师. |
[13:44] | Has anything like this ever happened in your class before? | 你的班级以前发生过类似事件吗? |
[13:47] | No…God no. | 不,没有. |
[13:51] | I just… | 我只是… |
[13:55] | I know I shouldn’t have been on my cell phone. | 我知道我不应该使用手机. |
[13:58] | If I may ask | 如果容许我提问的话 |
[13:59] | what was the outcome of your dad’s surgery? | 你父亲手术的结果如何? |
[14:03] | He didn’t make it. | 他没撑过去. |
[14:07] | We’re back from that commercial break. In case you want to continue our conversation. | 我们从广告中回来现场了. 如果你还想让这谈话继续下去n. |
[14:12] | You know what? You want to take off that wig and talk, fine. But I’m not sharing my life with Oprah. | 你知道吗? 你想怎么穿着怎么说话都随便你, 但是我绝对不会跟欧普拉分享我的生活一切 |
[14:16] | I’m not capable of having that talk as Clarence, which you know. You got issues girl… | 你知道的,如果我用Clarence我没办法进行谈话 你肯定有问题… |
[14:21] | Now you can go through life letting people in or keeping them shut out. Your choice. | 你知道的总是有机会去选择笑脸迎人或者拒人于千里之外. 你是那个主权者. |
[14:27] | I have never been sexually assaulted! | 我从来没被性侵犯! |
[14:30] | I have certainly been groped on the odd date, but | 我当然有过几次糟糕的恋爱, 但 |
[14:34] | let’s just say, it’s nothing I couldn’t handle. | 这样说吧,我不觉得对我来讲那是个问题. |
[14:36] | Is one of the ways you handle it by addressing in a non sexual way? | 所以你处理这问题的手段就是把自己包得像粽子? |
[14:40] | I don’t think I dress that way. | 我不觉得我穿着方式很差. |
[14:44] | I dress maybe a little conservatively but – | 只是保守了点,但是 – |
[14:47] | Why? Conservative is not a word I’d use to describe you Claire. You’re a | 为什么? 你的行为跟思想完全不保守Claire. 你是个 |
[14:51] | Balls out kind of girl. | 勇气十足的女孩. |
[14:52] | In case you haven’t noticed | 让我提醒你一件事情 |
[14:54] | this place is a rather spectacular boys club. | 这个地方就像是个男孩子的俱乐部. |
[14:57] | If you so much as turn your back on Denny Crane, he tries to mount you. | 如果��背面朝向Denny Crane, 他就会 像条发情的狼狗扑上来了.(100% true= =”) |
[15:02] | Alan Shore is in the guiness book of lechers. | Alan Shore更是一个色鬼中的大色鬼. |
[15:04] | I don’t believe you. | 我不相信你. |
[15:07] | I am standing here talking to Oprah. Believe it. | 这就是我的内心话. |
[15:10] | Shirley Schmidt is a named partner. | Shirley Schmidt在这边工作的很成功. |
[15:12] | And a queen bee, which is how she’d like to keep it. | 当然,他是个女王蜂,他知道怎么搞定那些工蜂. |
[15:16] | Look, I’m busy. Let’s cut to another commercial. | 听着,我很忙,不如你在切入广告吧! 我要去工作了. |
[15:19] | One of the reasons this may be an old boys club | 这边会沦落为男性俱乐部的原因之一是 |
[15:23] | is because the women here feel they have to become one of the boys to succeed. | 许多在这边工作的女性为了成功 不惜勾搭上这边的男生. |
[15:27] | You are a tough broad Claire. | 而你不是那种人Claire. |
[15:29] | If any girl’s got a shot of crashing through that plexi glass ceiling | 如果说有那么一个人可以打破这传统的话 |
[15:33] | it’s got to be you. Don’t be afraid to be sexy. | 那一定是你,不要怕穿的性感 |
[15:37] | And don’t be afraid to be soft. | 当个温柔的人也没什么好怕的. |
[15:39] | Succeed on your terms here. Not theirs. | 迈向自己的成功,是不需顾虑他人眼光的. |
[15:45] | How about we both try and work on that? | 我们两个一起实行看看怎样? |
[15:48] | Clarence needs to come back to work. I can’t afford Oprah. | Clarence得回工作岗位, 我付不起钱请欧普拉帮我打字. |
[15:54] | They pulled me out before I could board. Put me in this little room. | 早在我能进入候机厅之前. 他们已经把我带到小房间里去了. |
[15:56] | At some point, somebody joined you in the little room? | 这时候, 有其它人在房间吗? |
[15:59] | Hmm…somebody from the transportation security, told me I can’t fly! | 恩,机场保全, 他告诉我不能坐飞机! |
[16:04] | Did he say why? | 有说为什么吗? |
[16:05] | My name is on the no fly list! | 我的名子在禁止乘坐飞机旅客名单上! |
[16:07] | You’ve since cleared up the confusion. | 即使你已经跟他们解释澄清了. |
[16:09] | Oh confusion yes, not the problem. Still can’t fly! | 他们的错误,他们还是不让你坐飞机! |
[16:12] | Unless I get these special papers, which could take who knows how long. | 除非我被排到特例名单上, 但他们无法告诉我什么时候有办法让我进去名单g. |
[16:17] | It’s ridiculous! It’s why I usually fly private. | 这实在太愚蠢了, 这就是为什么我通常都是搭我的私人飞机. |
[16:20] | You’re still not allowed to fly? | 你目前为止还是不能搭乘民航客机? |
[16:21] | No! | 不行! |
[16:23] | Why has this reached my court room? | 为什么我们需要上法庭? |
[16:24] | Mr. Crane is looking for special treatment your honour. | 法官大人Mr. Crane追求特权. |
[16:27] | Special treatment? To be allowed to fly on an airplane without government interference? | 特权? 不被政府干预自由自在的搭飞机这样叫特权? |
[16:32] | The special treatment he seeks is to get off the no fly list without the specified papers that tax payers on the list must typically wait for. | 他进入特例名单的特权是一般老百姓得 等上好一段时间才能保送过关的. |
[16:38] | Why are typical tax payers even on the list? | 就如此予以予求的话!对那些其它百姓如何交代? |
[16:41] | Look, incase you haven’t noticed | 听着,你要是没注意到的话 |
[16:42] | Here it comes. | 我就知道你要提这件事情. |
[16:43] | We’re in a war on terror. People screamed after 9/11 that we didn’t do enough to prevent it | 我们现在是处于战备状态, 911过后老百姓不断抱怨我们没做好预防工作 |
[16:48] | now you bitch we’re doing too much. | 现在你们却嫌我们做得太多. |
[16:49] | Because you are! Law abiding, loyal Americans are being treated like ??? | 因为你们的确是啊!你也帮帮忙, 高贵的美国人各个都被像是处理炸弹客一样对待 |
[16:53] | ??? don’t declare themselves Mr. Shore incase – | 坏人不会写在脸上Mr.Shore,况且- |
[16:56] | Mr. Randolph I am not persuaded. Who’ve you got? | Mr. Randolph我也不满意你们的做法 ,你有要提证的证人吗? |
[16:59] | I have Linwood Winchell, from the transportation security administration. | 这是Linwood Winchell,交通安全科的. |
[17:03] | Get his ass up here. | 叫他滚过来吧. |
[17:07] | I like you. | 我喜欢你. |
[17:13] | Anaphylactic shock can come suddenly, which is what happened here. | 整件事情就是猝死. |
[17:17] | The air waves can become clogged in less than 30 seconds. | 三十秒内气管就会收缩. |
[17:20] | If the epipen isn’t administered it could be fatal. | 如果没有在时间内注射肾上激素的话,就会死亡. |
[17:22] | If Miss Choi had gotten to your son sooner… | 如果Miss Choi提早发现你儿子的情况的话… |
[17:25] | We obviously can’t know for sure. | 我们当然也没办法保证. |
[17:27] | But he had had these attacks before | 但是我儿子以前也碰过类似情形 |
[17:29] | and the epipen, along with the pills, had proven effective. | 但在经过注射肾上激素后都没事. |
[17:33] | So her delay might very well have contributed to his death. | 所以她的疏失的确直接影响到 你儿子的死亡原因. |
[17:38] | Yes. | 是的. |
[17:39] | Now Mr. Beckitt, she’s a teacher, not a doctor. | 但Mr. Beckitt, 她是个老师不是个医生. |
[17:43] | Teachers are trained in first aid, including the use of an epipen. This teacher | 现在的教师都受过急救训练,包括使用肾上激素. |
[17:48] | in fact had been trained. We made sure of it. | 我敢保证她受过这种职业训练. |
[17:50] | But realistically, is what happened here really a for seeable thing? | 现实生活中,这被重视吗? |
[17:55] | Yes. Health care need students are now typically main stream. | 是的,学生的健康向来都是受观察的主流. |
[17:58] | Between 10 and 20 percent of todays public school students have chronic physical, emotional or social problems. | 在公立学校中10到20%的学生有慢性病 ,情绪控制问题,跟社交问题 |
[18:04] | And the peanut allergy is a big one. | 花生过敏尤其严重. |
[18:08] | She knew. | 她早就知道了. |
[18:10] | 10 to 20 percent of our high school students have chronic medical or social problems? | 公立学校中10到20%的学生有慢性病 ,情绪控制问题,跟社交问题? |
[18:15] | 50 million Americans suffer from some kind of auto immune disease. | 五千万的美国群众有免疫系统的问题. |
[18:19] | It’s become epidemic. | 越来越普遍. |
[18:20] | Are we increasing the number of nurses in our public schools? | 我们有因此在公立学校中增设帮手的护士吗? |
[18:23] | As far as I know, no. | 就我知道的,没有. |
[18:24] | So, we just hand off to the teachers? | 所以我们把随有的责任都托给教师? |
[18:27] | Reading, writing, arithmetic and epidemics? | 阅读,写作,算术跟慢性病? |
[18:29] | She knew her responsibilities, accepted them | 早在她当教师的第一天起 |
[18:33] | and failed to live up to them. | 她就知道他的职责所在而且她失职了 |
[18:41] | Look, we’re all sorry for the mix up but | 听着,我的确对于搞错了对象很抱歉 |
[18:43] | we are in a pitch battle with religious fanatics | 但是我们正在跟宗教狂热分子交战当中 |
[18:47] | who use civilian aircrafts as missiles against high density targets. | 他们用飞机当飞弹来打我们的高楼大厦. |
[18:50] | Well can’t you just take Mr. Crane’s name off the list? | 难道你就不能将 Mr. Crane的名字 从单子中消除吗? |
[18:54] | In which case the target, that terrorist with the Jihad, is also allowed to travel. None of us want that. | 如果是这样的话,那个同名的圣战份子也就能飞来飞去了. 我绝对不允许这样的事情发生. |
[18:59] | The system can’t differentiate? | 系统不能辨别吗? |
[19:01] | In time it will be able to, but for now lets make the skies safe. | 或许有一天可以,但就目前的情况,还是规距点吧. |
[19:07] | And by doing that by the way, there hasn’t been an aviation hi-jack since 9/11. | 在我们这样严格监控之下再也没有劫机事件发生. |
[19:12] | Mr. Crane left that detail out of his lawsuit. | Mr. Crane跟本不敢提出这个事实. |
[19:15] | You seem quite pleased with yourself. | 你看起来好像还挺自high的嘛. |
[19:18] | Actually Mr. Shore, my tone is more exasperated. | Mr. Shore,事实上我是忍着怒火讲出这段话的. |
[19:21] | I’m rather sick of everyone dumping on homeland security. | 我比任何人都讨厌这份工作. 我已经很忍辱负重了 |
[19:25] | By everyone you mean – | 你所说的任何人是.. – |
[19:26] | The media, the lawyers who love to file suit | 媒体,律师最喜欢拿这个来做文章了 |
[19:29] | The 9/11 commission they dumped on you pretty good didn’t they? | 911过后他们肯定骂到你头顶生疮了? |
[19:34] | – Somewhat. – Somewhat? | – 就某种程度而言. – 某种程度? |
[19:36] | A ‘D’ in port security, an ‘F’ in improving communications for verse responders | 空港安全检查”不及格”, 通讯设备”零分” |
[19:41] | a ‘D’ in border security, an ‘F’ in aviation security, a ‘D’ in chemical plant security | 登陆安全检查”不及格”, 起飞安检”零分”, 违禁物检查”不及格” |
[19:45] | these aren’t passing grades Mr. Winchell. | 到目前评分依旧Mr. Winchell. |
[19:47] | We’re doing what we can, and lawsuits like this one don’t help. | 我们已经尽力做到最好了, 你所提供的这些资讯完全帮不上忙. |
[19:51] | I read Ted Kennedy was on your no fly list. Does he take the train now? | 据我了解Ted Kennedy也是在禁止搭乘名单上. 他现在都是靠搭火车地吗? (麻省的省议员) |
[19:55] | That situation was resolved. | 那是两回事. |
[19:57] | And yet the British suspects who were arrested | 然后之前企图在英国炸毁飞机 |
[20:00] | last summer for plotting to blow up an aircraft, they weren’t on the list | 的恐怖分子却不在现在的禁飞名单上? |
[20:04] | despite being under surveillance for over a year. How is that possible? | 都差点引发如此大的危机了,为什么他们的名字却没出现在名单上? |
[20:08] | Some of the more dangerous ones we leave off. | 我们只挑些比较有攻击性的. |
[20:11] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[20:12] | If suspected terrorists knew their names were on the list | 如果恐怖分子已经知道他们的名子被空安人员盯上了 |
[20:16] | they could change their operational plans and make them harder to capture. | 他们不再搭乘飞机,这样不就增加追捕他们的难度了吗?. |
[20:19] | So…Mr. Crane… | 所以这位…Mr. Crane… |
[20:21] | an American citizen who has no ties to any terrorist organization is on the list | 跟恐怖分子拉不上关系的美国公民被放在禁飞名单上 |
[20:26] | but some of the most dangerous terrorists, are not? | 而那些最危险的恐怖分子却都可以搭飞机? |
[20:29] | I’ll tell you this Mr. Smug. For every innocent ??? there is ten guilty ones. | 我告诉你,Mr.Smug,我们可是因此而 将很多恐怖分子绳之以法. |
[20:35] | – So don’t tell me – – Really? Like whom?! | – 所以别跟我说 – – 喔真的?可以让我听听吗! |
[20:37] | – I can’t reveal classified information. – Well, lucky for me I have my own sources. | -我没办法现场证明. – 那我太幸运了!我手边刚好有资料 |
[20:41] | A recent study of the 441 terrorism related arrests made in the United States reveal that virtually | 一份最近的研究报导指出,441名有对美国进行恐怖攻击的恐怖分子y |
[20:49] | all of them involved lesser charges. Like visa violations, fraud. Not terrorism. | 只被判以很轻的刑罚. 例如签证过期, 诈欺等等. 却不是被以恐怖分子身分而提告. |
[20:56] | You know sir, I go to work everyday and try to make America safer. What do you do? | 我每天的工作就是让美国更加安全一点,你除了打嘴炮还会干嘛? |
[21:02] | I’ll tell you what you do. You represent a lot of people like Mr. Crane, who have a lot of time and money on their hands | 像你这种人只会帮 Mr. Crane, 这种有钱佬办事 |
[21:09] | who can afford to manipulate the legal system, to make my job tougher. | 只知道玩弄法律然后让我的工作更难进行. |
[21:15] | I suppose your right. One has to wonder how many Denny Crane’s are out there. | 我想你答对了,你知道有多少叫做Denny Crane的人吗. |
[21:22] | Being denied the right to fly. Who can’t afford an attorney. | 他们没办法做飞机,也没有那个闲钱来控告你. |
[21:27] | Do we have any with us today? If so, please stand. | 现场有此名字的话请起立. |
[21:36] | Everyone here is named Denny Crane. | 这里所有的人都叫Danney Crane.. |
[21:40] | These are just the ones within driving distance, of course, since airplane travel is not an option. | 他们有办法开车环游世界吗?. |
[21:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢. |
[22:07] | Oh. Would you please. | 喔!你也帮帮忙. |
[22:09] | You still smell of sex. This time with a… | 你还是有那种”嘿咻”过后的味道,这是换… |
[22:12] | tinge of Jeffrey Coho. | Jeffrey Coho了. |
[22:15] | Are you on drugs? | 你嗑药了吗? |
[22:16] | Hi guys. | Hi guys. |
[22:17] | Are you sleeping with Denise, Jeffrey? | 你跟Denise”嘿咻”了对不对, Jeffrey? |
[22:20] | As he is not… | 无稽之谈… |
[22:26] | So what did he want? | 他到底在干嘛? |
[22:27] | – Who? – Shore. Saw him in there. | – 谁? – Shore. 看到他在那边. |
[22:29] | Ah, usual nonsense. | 就跟平常一样在发神经. |
[22:31] | If it’s any help, Sally said he can’t take any role reversal. | 告诉你他的小秘密, Sally说他对于主动的女性有恐惧感. |
[22:35] | What does that mean? | 什么意思? |
[22:36] | It means when the woman becomes the preadator. | 你用强烈的方式去引诱他 会让他的小弟弟缩回去. |
[22:38] | He runs away like a little bunny. | 就像只吃草的兔子一样温驯. |
[22:41] | Really? | 真的? |
[22:48] | Mrs. Beckitt | Mrs. Beckitt |
[22:50] | This lawsuit can’t bring your son back. | 就算你赢了这官司你儿子也不会复生. |
[22:53] | No, but maybe it can save someone else’s child. | 我知道,但至少可以救到其他的孩子. |
[22:56] | And like my husband said, there are millions of childeren with auto immune diseases | 就像我老公所说的,有无数的学童有免疫系统的问题 |
[23:00] | many in public schools relying on a standard of care. | 却在众多公立学校中没有受到特别照顾. |
[23:04] | If this lawsuit can sound a bell… | 我希望这个官司可以成为社会上的警钟… |
[23:06] | We count on our teachers | 我们是如此信赖这些教师 |
[23:08] | My God, we trust you with our babies. | 我的老天爷阿,我们可是把我们的孩子交给你 去照顾的. |
[23:13] | I don’t mean to be insensitive | 以下的问题我无心去刺痛你 |
[23:15] | but you’re a person of means, are you not Mrs. Beckitt? | 你是社会中产阶级人士对吧 Mrs. Beckitt? |
[23:19] | I am financially secure. If you think for a second that eases my – | 我没有财务上的问题,如果你是想要在次上诉.. – |
[23:23] | I’m sure that it doesn’t but, and | 我不是这个意思 |
[23:26] | I’m sorry if this does sound insensitive | 请容许我再问个无理的问题 |
[23:29] | but you had the means to hire a shadow nurse didn’t you? | 你有足够的财力去请一个随身看护不是吗? |
[23:34] | Some parents do that. They sit in the back of the classroom pretending to be a lab teacher or… | 有些家长就这样做,那些看护就坐在教室后头,就像是代课老师… |
[23:41] | or… | 或者… |
[23:43] | you could have put your son in private school where the teacher-student ratio is less than 30 to 1. | 你可以让你的儿子去上私立学校, 一名教师只需要照顾低于三十名学生. |
[23:49] | How dare you. | 你是说我为人父母失责?!你怎敢… |
[23:50] | I apologize Mrs. Beckitt but you’re sitting in that chair, playing arm chair quarter back | 我在这边跟你道歉 Mrs. Beckitt 但你在这边指证 |
[23:55] | saying that my client could have prevented this tradergy. | 说我的客户有机会阻止这悲剧发生. |
[24:01] | When in fact you could have as well. | 于此同时你也有一样的能力不是吗. |
[24:04] | I would have done whatever I thought necessary Miss Walker. | 我告诉你Miss Walker,如果再有一次机会的话 |
[24:08] | Including private schools or shadow nurses. | 我会把你说的那一切一一做足. |
[24:11] | After meeting with your client I didn’t believe that to be necessary. | 因为再碰上��客户之前,我完全不知道这些这么重要. |
[24:15] | Because my client struck you as being both capable and dedicated. | 因为这事件过后让你知道了 老师一个人根本忙不过来. |
[24:22] | Yes. | 是的. |
[24:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢. |
[24:31] | We live in a different world since 9/11. | 911过后我们的世界变了. |
[24:34] | But no one here seems really willing to live in that world. | 但似乎没有人肯认清这事实. |
[24:39] | Sergeant Mike Kraus of the army’s 101st airbourne division in both Iraq and Afghanistan was recently quoted in the New York times he said | Mike中士服役于编号101在伊拉克以及阿富汗执行任务的部队,最近纽约时报刚采访过他 |
[24:47] | We’re no where close to sharing the sacrifice, and it must be shared | 他说了举国上下都得为这个国家或多或少的去牺牲奉献 |
[24:52] | because it’s only in that sharing that society will truely care about what’s going on over there. | 如此一来大家才会重视在那边为国奋战的勇士们. |
[24:57] | In previous war times, the public was called upon to make great sacrifices. | 从前打仗的时候,全国人民都得无私奉献. |
[25:02] | They were told to give up meat and rubber and steel. Young men were | 大家得捐出食物,橡胶,钢铁. 年轻的男子 |
[25:05] | drafted into the military. | 得从军. |
[25:07] | Today there’s no draft, there’s no rationing. No one’s telling you to buy war bonds. | 现在,我们没有强制征军,没有强收物资,没有贩卖为了增加战争资金所衍生的债卷. |
[25:13] | No one’s rounding you up to put you in terming camps because of your nationality. | 再也没有那种因为不清楚你的国籍而私扣良民的问题. |
[25:17] | The no fly list is an inconvenience your honour. | 禁止搭乘飞机的确在某种程度上扰民 法官大人. |
[25:20] | And an inconvenience for a very small part of the population. | 但是国内只有极少的一部分的人民在这名单上. |
[25:24] | Just think if we’d been able to stop those 9/11 hi-jackers from ever getting on those planes | 这样去想吧,如果我们早些把这些恐怖分子的名单放在禁飞名单上 |
[25:30] | because their name were on a list, warning us of their potential for harm. | 或许911事件可以不必发生. |
[25:37] | But all Mr. Crane seems to care about is | 但是Mr. Crane似乎只在乎 |
[25:40] | he’s delayed getting to Maui. | 他什么时候能去夏威夷. |
[25:44] | Some sacrifice. | 就这点牺牲. |
[25:50] | This is going to be long, isn’t it? | 你又要长篇大论了对吧? |
[25:59] | Some of the new iPods…you can load up to twenty thousand songs on them. | 你知道那些叫做IPOD的拨放器可以装两万首歌在里面. |
[26:07] | Streams of videos, pictures, all on a thing this big. | 就这样大小,可以放影片放图片. |
[26:12] | The technology in this country is staggering. | 这国家的科技飞速发展. |
[26:17] | And yet the government can’t get their computers to erase my client from the no fly list. | 但是国安局的电脑系统跟软体却分辨不出恐怖分子跟良民. |
[26:25] | Even though they admit he shouldn’t be on it! | 即使他们承认他们搞错对象了! |
[26:27] | Instead, anybody named Denny Crane can’t fly. | 苦果却是让所有叫 Denny Crane的人不能乘坐飞机. |
[26:31] | Now, Mr. Winchell is correct. He doesn’t need me to | 现在, Mr. Winchell 是对的我的确不该对 |
[26:35] | indite homeland security, the 9/11 commission already did that. | 国家安全局为了保护我们而做的一些手段大做文章. |
[26:39] | The American public certainly doesn’t need to hear it from me, no | 这对美国公民也没什么益处 |
[26:42] | what homeland securit could really use from me or others, preferably others, is a little help. | 国安局所需要的是一些帮助. |
[26:51] | Why not get it? | 为何不? |
[26:53] | I’m sure Tom Ridge is a very nice man, capable too, as is | 我相信Tom Ridge跟Michael Chertoff都赞同现在的做法 (前者主演华氏911后者为美国国安局局长) |
[26:57] | Michael Chertoff. But I can get twenty thousand songs on my iPod! | 但是我可以在我的iPod内放两万首歌A!! |
[27:02] | We have geniuses in this country. True pioneers of innovation. | 我们这个国家不缺天才. 一直以来都在创造出新科技. |
[27:07] | Steve Jobs, Steven Wozniak, Steve Balmer…if we could just round up some of our best Steve’s! | Steve Jobs, Steven Wozniak, Steve Balmer…看看这些叫Steve的! (两名苹果创办人跟微软执行长) |
[27:14] | We’ve got kids in garages inventing Google and YouTube. | 我们有年轻的小毛头发明了Google跟YouTube. |
[27:18] | Jets cannot only fly by computer, but they can now take-off and land by auto pilot. | 飞机不但能自动驾驶还能自动起飞降落. |
[27:24] | Should we truely be stumped by this no fly computer list? | 我们却要使用禁飞名单这种老掉牙的手法? |
[27:29] | How about something so simple as issuing a flyers license. It could have your picture | 为什么我们不使用坐飞机通行证? |
[27:34] | finger prints, you show it, scan the card and your fingers at the gate, if it’s a match you get your aisle seat | 里面包括你指纹,外貌.上飞机前出示它, 经过扫描确认指纹,然后轻松的坐在你的飞机座位上 |
[27:40] | This can’t be un-doable. Expensive, maybe | 这不是现今科技半不到的,昂贵?或许吧 |
[27:44] | but judging from recent spending patterns, we’ve got billions to throw around. | 但根据以往我们美国人花钱的方法, 我们只会嫌没地方砸钱而已. |
[27:49] | Halliburton alone has profited over ten billion from the war. Maybe we can get them to kick in. | 单单Halliburton公司就在这战争中捞了数亿美元了.我们可以拉他们进来合伙.(出售钻油机械公司) |
[27:54] | Why is it, our government leaders only tap in to the | 为什么我们国家领导人永远只有在 |
[27:58] | private sector for campaign contributions or to pass out contracts to ??? | 需要助选资金的时候才来找我们这些老百姓 |
[28:03] | Bill Gates is out there…Paul Allen. Has anybody called them? | Bill Gates 是可用的人才Paul Allen.有人有向他们伸出求救信号吗?(两者皆为微软资深董事) |
[28:07] | I bet Marc Cuban would personally fund the computer upgrades if you gave him free publicity. | 我猜 Marc Cuban很愿意资助政府来挽回他的名声. (达拉斯小牛队的老板) |
[28:13] | Is it really against national policy to think outside the box? | 照我这种观点去想的话,真的会破坏国家法规吗? |
[28:19] | This isn’t about beating up on homeland security. | 我完全对国安局没恶意. |
[28:24] | Everybody knows they’re trying, I’m sure they’re good people. | 每个人都知道他们很辛苦,他们是好人. |
[28:28] | But they simply cannot dispatch a representative to this courtroom to say the problem isn’t fixable. | 但是他们却太死脑筋了,如此容易的问题他们却说不能解决. |
[28:36] | While thousands of Americans are being denied due process. It so easily has to be fixable. | 当数以千计的美国公民正困其之扰的时候,国安局难道不该试着去解决这问题吗 |
[28:42] | And in the mean time, my client sits here today, a law abiding man grounded. | 而与此同时,我的客户却受到法律的约束而傻坐在这边. |
[28:48] | While Bella lays riving in Maui. | 而Bella却舒适的待在夏威夷. |
[28:59] | Too long? | 太久? (是的= =Alan你的结案陈词真的很长每次我都是这段翻译地最痛苦) |
[29:11] | – Stop it I’m serious. – Just one little waft. | – 我真的受够了. – 只是轻轻的闻一下而已嘛. |
[29:13] | Alan I am not finding this amusing, I’m about to register you as a sex offender. | Alan 我不觉得好玩,我打算指控你性骚扰. |
[29:19] | What? | 什么? |
[29:20] | This time I detect both Brad and Jefferey. | 这次我同时闻到Brad and Jefferey的气味. |
[29:24] | Denise if it’s public course I should be allowed to play. | Denise如果每个人都可以加入我能不能参一脚. |
[29:31] | Alan… | Alan… |
[29:33] | Let’s go to your office for a minute. | 现在跟我一起去你的办公室. |
[29:36] | – Really? – Hmm. | – 真的?(爽到了) – 恩. |
[29:47] | Wanna pull out your three-wood? | 想把你的小弟弟带出来吹风了吗? |
[29:49] | I was thinking my sand wedge. | 我正在想怎么”进入”. |
[29:51] | Let’s go. | 来吧. |
[29:53] | – Sorry? – See… | – 什么? – 你看… |
[29:55] | You like to talk… | 你喜欢讲下流话… |
[29:57] | I don’t. I like to…do. | 我跟你不一样..我喜欢用”做”的 |
[30:00] | I also like to be spontaneous. | 我这方面可是很主动的. |
[30:03] | What are you saying? | 什么? |
[30:04] | I’m saying you got 5 minutes. Your desk looks available. | 我说你有五分钟的时间.你的桌子很大看来很好”办事”. |
[30:09] | You want to have sex on my desk? | 你想要在桌子上做? |
[30:12] | Right now… | 现在… |
[30:15] | Surely you jest. | 你在胡说吧. |
[30:19] | Don’t you? | 不是认真的吧? |
[30:21] | I don’t joke…about sex. | 我从来不拿这档事开玩笑. |
[30:25] | So, we on the desk? Or not. | 要不要随便你 |
[30:42] | You can tell Sally she was wrong! | 我要告诉Sally他说错了! |
[30:45] | – No, no! – Hey. | -嗨. – No, no! |
[30:54] | Hele Choi, was specifically trained to use an epipen. | Hele Choi, 受过使用肾上激素的特训. |
[30:58] | She knew how critical even a few lost seconds could be. | 她知道即使是几秒的疏忽,都会带来严重的影响. |
[31:01] | She was on her cell phone against school policy | 在当时,她正在违反学校的管令:使用手机 |
[31:04] | had her back turned to her students | 然后转过身讲电话,再也没注意到她的学生的情况 |
[31:06] | she didn’t even notice Nate when he first went down and with anaphalactic shock | 在Nate因为过敏反应而晕倒的第一时间内,她并没有立刻发现 |
[31:11] | the difference between life and death… | 而这就是天堂跟地狱的差别… |
[31:13] | is seconds. | 就几秒. |
[31:15] | Now if this were an isolated incident, if Nate had suffered some sort of freak reaction i suppose… | 如果我们在之前从来没听过类似今天的案例,如果Nate天生有无法被治愈的毛病… |
[31:21] | that we could all say, well sometimes bad things happen. | 我们可以说,有时候悲剧难免发生. |
[31:25] | But the reality is, that kids with special needs, with medical needs | 但是实上是,像这种需要特殊看护与特殊药物治疗的孩子 |
[31:29] | are now main streamed in our public schools. Our teachers need to be vigilant. | 在公立学校内占了绝大多数.这些老师得无时不刻的警惕自己 |
[31:34] | And she wasn’t. | 而被告没有. |
[31:35] | As a result, a little boy died. | 因为她的疏忽,一个小男孩死了. |
[31:39] | We need you to send a message, not just to Helen Choi but to all the teachers | 我们想做的是得到一些社会的回响这不是针对Helen Choi而是针对所有的老师 |
[31:44] | that this is not acceptable. | 让今天这悲剧的方式 是让人无法接受的. |
[31:46] | Like Rachel Beckitt said, | 就像 Rachel Beckitt 说的, |
[31:50] | we trust you with our babies. | 我们可是信任着你,让你照顾我们的小孩. |
[32:08] | Lawsuits are about allocating burden. | 每当有法庭开案的时候,就代表每条法律有其被修正地方. |
[32:12] | For example, we want our cars to be safer so we hit the manufacturers with a judgment | 例如,为了我们行车安全我们控告那些制车厂商 |
[32:17] | that makes it more cost effective to install the air bag. | 所以法令会让他们去安装更安全的安全气囊. |
[32:20] | The problem here, as Miss Bixby correctly states | 今天我们要讨论地问题就如同 Miss Bixby所说的 |
[32:24] | is we have more and more special needs for kids going into our public schools. | 在公立学校中,需要特殊看护的学生远远比我们所想像中的还要多. |
[32:29] | Combined with an unprecedented escalation in autoimmune diseases | 尤其免疫系统有毛病的孩子越来越多 |
[32:33] | Autism, the peanut allergy alone has doubled in recent years. | 自闭症,花生过敏症,越来越多. |
[32:38] | So, who do we heap this responsibility on? | 谁来承担这些责任? |
[32:42] | Who else? | 谁呢? |
[32:43] | The teachers. | 这些老师们. |
[32:45] | The average annual starting salary for a teacher | 一个老师的基本年收入是 |
[32:48] | is thirty two thousand dollars. | 三万两千块美元. |
[32:52] | For that we ask them to teach, police, provide emotional and social guidance | 领着这微薄的薪水,他们得教书,不让他们打架,处理学生的情绪跟社交问题 |
[32:56] | in some schools they actually have to clean the toilets. | 甚至在一些学校中,他们还得帮忙扫厕所. |
[32:59] | Now lets throw in health care. | 现在我们还得让他们当医生. |
[33:02] | This teacher, | 这个老师, |
[33:03] | she worked 65 hour weeks. | 一个礼拜工作65个小时. |
[33:06] | In addition to her actual classroom duties, she | 这么多的原因是因为她 |
[33:09] | teaches sex education to the older kids, | 得教那些大一点的孩子一些性教育, |
[33:12] | she teaches a standardized test the school mandates in order to qualify for funding, under the “no child left behind” act, | 还得花时间去读学童法因为学校会考试 |
[33:19] | she spends another 10 hours a month meeting with parents, | 每个月还要花上十个小时的时间开家长会, |
[33:22] | she supervises extra curricular activities, goes on over night class trips, | 他甚至还教导夜班的课程, |
[33:27] | cleans and disinfects toys, coaches, | 清洗学童的玩具,当他们的教练, |
[33:30] | she teaches fire drills, safety procedures, healthy eating habits, she is certified | 她还得教他们如何用扁钻,教他们怎么吃东西,因为她早就被要求学过了 |
[33:34] | in CPR, first aid and food sanitation | 心脏复苏术,急救,食物控制 |
[33:37] | She is so over extended | 这已经不是一个人能够负荷地了 |
[33:38] | that when her own father had to under go a life threatening medical procedure… | 而当她付出了这么多,在她父亲动手术的时候… |
[33:43] | she couldn’t be at the hospital. | 她却没办法在医院陪她父亲度过. |
[33:45] | So she called on her cell phone to see if she had lived… | 所以她打了个电话想知道他父亲的安危… |
[33:50] | which he hadn’t. | 但是他死了. |
[33:53] | She then turned away from the students so as not to traumatize them with her grief. | 她把头转过去,因为她不想让学生看到她的伤心. |
[33:57] | Which as a teacher she was expected to internalize. | 因为教师是不准在学生面前失态的. |
[34:01] | She has no savings… | 他没半点存款… |
[34:02] | no house… | 没自己的房子… |
[34:04] | And today she is being sued because without her knowledge | 今天她坐在这里被指控 |
[34:07] | One of her students snuck in a bite sized candy bar containing traces of peanut | 因为她不知道她的学生吃了一条有花生的零食 |
[34:11] | into her classroom. | 在她教室中. |
[34:15] | Now she’s being publicly blamed for the death of a child | 现在她遭到公众的谴责,说她害死一个小孩 |
[34:18] | whose parents had the means to implement a multitude of safegaurds. | 但没有人想到小孩的家长有着足够的钱去请随身看护. |
[34:23] | They implemented none of them, except… | 他们半个人都没请,把所有责任都推给… |
[34:26] | a teacher. | 一个老师. |
[34:28] | Is it any wonder half our teachers are quitting the proffession outright within 5 years? | 不难以想像为什么过去五年来,半数以上的老师都辞职了? |
[34:35] | Nevermind who is going to handle the epipen… | 我不管今天到底是谁该拿起那根肾上激素针… |
[34:38] | who’s going to teach? | 我们该问,还有没有人愿意当老师? |
[35:04] | Oh, thank you. | Oh,谢谢. |
[35:07] | Clarence | Clarence |
[35:09] | I believe the deal was, if I dish, you dish. | 我记得我们的条件是互相的. |
[35:14] | So? What happened with Sandy? | 所以?你跟 Sandy之间到底怎么了? |
[35:18] | She just…uh… | 她…uh… |
[35:21] | She just didn’t…like me that way. | 她从来…都对我没那方面的感觉. |
[35:28] | Could I get you to look at me for a second? | 请你认真看着我? |
[35:35] | There will be women who do. | 有一天你会碰到一个喜欢你的女人的. |
[35:41] | Is that all? | 好了? |
[35:42] | Yeah, that’s all. | Yeah, 就这样. |
[35:56] | I realise that homeland security has had a pretty rough go off late | 我知道国安局的压力已经很庞大了 |
[36:00] | and I certainly don’t want to pile on. | 我不想再增加他们的压力. |
[36:03] | But, I have to agree with Mr. Shore. | 但我同意Mr. Shore的看法. |
[36:07] | Given the capacity of technology today, this has to be a fixable problem. | 就时下的科技而言,这是可以被解决的问题. |
[36:13] | I don’t think Mr. Crane should have to sit around waiting for you to fix it. | 我不觉的Mr. Crane该傻坐在这边直到你们解决掉问题. |
[36:17] | It is the order of this court that you take the petitioner off the no fly list | 我裁定你们得把他禁飞名单移除 |
[36:22] | or in the alternative, put him on the list of those who can fly even though they are on the no fly list. | 或者将他排到特殊名单之内. |
[36:30] | We are adjourned. | 解散. |
[36:33] | High ties Bella! | 抱着Bella! |
[36:36] | Midnight Hawaii time, my head will be the center of a fire sandwich. | 尽情的享受夏威夷,光想我的脑袋就热起来了. |
[36:40] | Due process does have its dividends. | 听者有份. |
[36:44] | Maybe you should come with me | 跟我一起去玩吧 |
[36:46] | Forget it! I’m not getting sloppy seconds after Bella! | 不用了,我不想要你爬上Bella的床后又爬上我的床! |
[36:50] | Denny. | Denny. |
[36:51] | Bethany! What a…a coincidence. | Bethany! 真巧. |
[36:54] | Actually not, I heard you were here. | 事实上是我特地来找你的. |
[36:58] | Listen, I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about what you said and | 我已经仔细地想过你所说的一切 |
[37:02] | nevermind all the reasons not to date somebody. | 想过无数拒绝你的原因. |
[37:05] | What does your heart say? | 但是我的脑袋一直在跟我自己说 |
[37:07] | Because mine says | 跟我说 |
[37:09] | to give this a chance, | 我们该再试试看, |
[37:11] | Oh… | Oh… |
[37:13] | Can I take you to dinner? | 我想带你去吃晚餐? |
[37:15] | Well actually I’m getting on a plane. | 事实上我现在正要去搭飞机. |
[37:18] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪里? |
[37:20] | Hawaii | 夏威夷 |
[37:23] | I see… | 这样阿… |
[37:25] | with somebody? | 有跟谁一起吗? |
[37:27] | Well… | 恩… |
[37:29] | actually… | 事实上… |
[37:32] | yes. | 是的. |
[37:35] | Is it my mother? | 是我妈吗? |
[37:37] | Technically… | 技术上来说… |
[37:40] | yes. | 是的. |
[37:43] | I see. | 原来如此. |
[37:47] | Have a lovely time. | 好好享受吧. |
[37:49] | Sorry to bother you. | 抱歉打扰了. |
[37:57] | Denny, I’m a fairly stern of telling the truth but sometimes | Denny, 我知道我们得当个诚实的人 |
[38:01] | its more humane to lie. | 但是有时候白色谎言是必要的 |
[38:04] | I felt like a deer in the headlights…I hope I didn’t hurt her. | 这样的情况下面对她我没办法说谎…我希望我没伤害到她. |
[38:09] | At least my mother taught me how to tackle. | 至少我妈有教我一些摔角技. |
[38:13] | Good by Denny Crane! | 再见Denny Crane! |
[38:15] | And tell Bell, she better watch her back. | 跟Bell说小心别被偷袭. |
[38:25] | That is one tough broad. | 果然是一家人. |
[38:37] | Mr. Foreman, the jury has reached a verdict? | Mr. Foreman, 陪审团无异议? |
[38:41] | We have your honour. | 一制通过,法官大人. |
[38:42] | What say you? | 如何? |
[38:44] | In the matter of the estate of Nathaniel Beckitt versus Helen Choi | 在Nathaniel Beckitt诉讼Helen Choi一案中 |
[38:48] | we the jury find in favour of… | 我们裁定… |
[38:50] | the defendent. | 被告获胜. |
[38:52] | Thank you for your service. This jury is dismissed. | 谢谢你们的服务,本庭宣判解散. |
[38:54] | I don’t know what to say…thank you. Thank you both so so much. | 我不知道该说什么…谢谢,十分感激你们. |
[38:58] | Congratulations. | 恭喜. |
[38:59] | We can help you get reinstated if you like. | 如果你愿意,我们可以想办法帮你复职. |
[39:02] | Oh, uh… | 喔,这… |
[39:03] | Thank you but, actually my brother-in-law has a real estate business and… | 谢谢,但我的姊夫是开房地产公司的… |
[39:08] | well I decided to go for my brokers license. | 我决定去当地产仲介. |
[39:11] | Oh… | 喔… |
[39:12] | Okay. | Okay. |
[39:13] | Yeah, its a really exciting opportunity and I’d be crazy not to take it. | 我非常看好这个职业,除非我疯了才拒绝的了这份职务. |
[39:19] | There’s room for growth and… | 我可以有更好的收入… |
[39:21] | you know I think it might be something I’d enjoy so, I figure why not right? | 而且更轻松的工作环境,不是吗? |
[39:25] | Yeah. | 是. |
[39:40] | What time is your flight? | 你的飞机几点起飞? |
[39:42] | 9. | 9点. |
[39:44] | You can still change your mind. | 你要是想一起来还不算太迟唷. |
[39:48] | I’m sure by now Mr. Winchell has added my name to the no fly list. | 我确定 Mr. Winchell已经把我的名子列入禁飞名单了. |
[39:52] | Alan…I’m grateful for everything you did but | Alan…我很感谢你为我所做的一切但是.. |
[39:55] | I wasn’t crazy about you attacking the government. | 我不喜欢你教训政府的方式. |
[39:58] | Don’t be silly, I’m sure you were a little crazy. | 别傻了,我知道你或多或少也对他们的做法不满. |
[40:02] | I happen to agree with a lot of what Randolph said in his closing, people in this country got to sacrifice more. | 我同意Randolph在结案陈词上说的,这个国家的国民得去牺牲奉献. |
[40:08] | Is that why your flying commercial and not taking your Gulf Stream? | 所以你可以为此不搭飞机不去渡假? |
[40:13] | Doesn’t do any good to sit back and criticize. | 不要只舒适的坐在那边然后挖苦. |
[40:15] | Sometimes it does Denny. | 有时候就是得这样Denny. |
[40:18] | Sometimes the most patriotic thing you can do is criticize. | 有时候他们这些约束条款的确该被讽刺. |
[40:22] | Liberty in this country was founded on that very ideal. | 这就是为什么我们是在民主社会之中. |
[40:26] | How did it happen that the scent became… | 曾几何时当我们跟政府唱反调时… |
[40:29] | some form of heresy? | 就变成了异教邪说? |
[40:31] | Well I will for the scent… | 怎么说呢… |
[40:34] | When I’m sure I’m right. | 总之我是对的啦. |
[40:39] | Denny I’m not sure I ever told you this, but I truely love America. | Denny我不知道我有没有跟你讲过,但是我的确很热爱美国这个国家. |
[40:44] | I would never consider living anywhere else. | 我从来没想过更换国籍. |
[40:47] | Well this country is only 200 years old, it’s a work in progress especially lately. | 虽然这个国家这有两百年的历史,而且感觉就像不久之前 |
[40:51] | Well alright Mr. Smartypants. You get to change one thing, what is it? | 你这聪明的混仗想做些改变不是吗? |
[40:56] | Get rid of all stores that end with mart. | 只要商店名称最后有mart这单字的通通抛弃. (可能指的是walmart因为walmart也极其霸道如同美国政府一般) |
[40:59] | Besides that. | 除此之外. |
[41:02] | One change… | 还有一件事情… |
[41:05] | Well, first I’d like to stop people from passing off | 我想改变人们那种自私狭窄 |
[41:08] | narrow mindedness and intolerance as family values. | 的心态,应该多以群众利益为前提来考量. |
[41:11] | No no no, that’s political. Doesn’t count. | 你说的话像个政客一样,不算数. |
[41:14] | Name a change that relates to this issue…government technology. | 想想我们今天改变了什么…政府机关所使用的科技. |
[41:20] | I made that suggestion in court, hire the geniuses not the guy who’s got the best ??? or the | 我们的政府该聘请些高知识分子而不是一些只会打嘴炮 |
[41:26] | rich friend who will take you to his quail ranch and let you shoot them. | 或者有私人猎场可以让你有空去射射鹌鹑的人. |
[41:31] | Hire the thinkers. | 我们得聘请一些有思想的人. |
[41:33] | The Steve’s! | 叫做Steve的那些人! |
[41:33] | For a start, instead of every Tom, Dick and Brownie lets turn out visionaries loose | 在一开始的时候,就不该让这些没脑袋的家伙组成一团然后把国家搞得一团糟 |
[41:38] | at the very least we can get rid of those stores where you can buy both meat and cd’s. | 这样的话我们就可以把那种同时卖肉又卖CD的超市关掉了. |
[41:44] | What would you change? | 如果你有权力你想改变什么? |
[41:46] | – Not a thing. – Not a thing? | – 什么都不想改. – 什么都不想改? |
[41:47] | This country works Alan. You democrats don’t want to admit it. Oh I’m not saying there aren’t kinks | 维持现况很好Alan.即使我们像共产党一样黑箱作业. |
[41:52] | foam chips off the occasional space craft, we start the odd war on false pretenses, but by and large… | 农场的麦秆田有飞碟文, 我们胡乱猜疑人家有生化武器而开战,就算有诸如此类的事件… |
[42:00] | America works! | 美国还是很好! |
[42:02] | That’s why I’m completely nuts about it. | 这就是为什么我这么热爱这国家的原因了. |
[42:09] | To Denny Crane… | 敬Denny Crane… |
[42:10] | Completely nuts! | 十足的疯子! |
[42:12] | acwocwv@yahoo.com.tw —– http://studiosixty.wordpress.com —– | MARKULA翻译到虚脱 |