时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on ‘Boston legal’ | “波士顿法律”前集回顾 |
[00:01] | Claire Simms, this is Clarice Bell, our client. | 这位是Clarice Bell, 我们的当事人. Claire Simms, |
[00:05] | Are you kidding me? It’s a big black man in a frock. | 你拿我取笑吗? 就是裹在外衣里的一个大个子黑人男人嘛. |
[00:08] | This is Dolce & Gabbana, you pissy little bitch. | 这衣服可是Dolce & Gabbana(名牌)的, 你这小贱人. |
[00:12] | I’m Alan Shore, Clarice’s lawyer. | 我是Alan Shore, Clarice的律师. |
[00:14] | Yeah, uh… | 恩,额… |
[00:15] | Clarice went to the market. | Clarice去了超市. |
[00:17] | And you would be? | 你又是? |
[00:19] | Clarence. | Clarence. |
[00:20] | You gonna hit me, Brad? | 你要打我吗, Brad? |
[00:23] | One of my goals in life is to go to all the places you’ve gone, and… | 我的人生目标之一就是要到达 你所到达过的任何一个地方,而… |
[00:28] | Just don’t go to Shirley. | 只要不是触及Shirley. |
[00:30] | She’s mine. | 她是我的. |
[00:38] | – Don’t talk to me about appointments, – It’s just that without a scheduled appointment | – 别跟我说要提前预约什么的, – 不是什么狗屁没预约 |
[00:39] | – my husband didn’t have an appointment with death! – there’s no one that I can get you in to see. | – 我丈夫死的时间又没有预约的! – 现在找不到人跟你会面啊. |
[00:41] | I am not leaving until I meet with a lawyer! | 我没见着个律师是不会走的! |
[00:43] | What seems to be the matter? | 发生什么事情了? |
[00:44] | This skinny little thing here won’t take my business because I’m black. | 这位瘦骨精不愿意接我送上门 的生意就因为我是个黑人. |
[00:47] | That’s what’s going on. | 就是这么着的. |
[00:48] | I’m sure that’s not the case. | 我肯定情况不是这样的. |
[00:50] | Well how would you know, were you here? | 啊,你又怎么知道, 你参与了? |
[00:51] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事情了? |
[00:52] | Evidently her husband was struck and killed by lightning. | 很明显她的丈夫 被雷击中死亡了. |
[00:55] | She wants to sue God. | 她想去告上帝. |
[00:57] | Your talking about me, don’t think I don’t know you are talking about me. | 你们在说我, 别以为我不知道你们在说我. |
[01:00] | – Mrs. uh… – I am not leaving! | – 夫人,恩… – 我是不会走的! |
[01:02] | You gonna have to bring in a bulldozer and plow me out. | 你得开个推土机来 才能把我捻走. |
[01:04] | – I’m sure that won’t be necessary. – Let me just speak with her. | – 我肯定那倒不必了. – 就让我和她谈谈. |
[01:06] | Absolutely not, anybody but you. | 肯定不要, 和谁谈都行就是不许和你谈. |
[01:09] | What is that supposed to mean? | 这什么意思? |
[01:10] | I know you, Denise. You’ll probably wind up taking this case. | 我了解你, Denise. 你可能最后会接这个案子的. |
[01:13] | And what is that supposed to mean? | 那又是什么意思? |
[01:14] | Where is my lawyer? Ten seconds and I scream. | 我律师在哪? 再等十秒钟我就叫啦. |
[01:18] | No, Please don’t do… | 别,请别那么做… |
[01:18] | One! | 一! |
[01:19] | OK. Meet with her, but that’s it. | 好吧.和她谈谈, 不过就要收尾哦. |
[01:23] | Brad, go with Denise, make sure she does not take this case. | Brad, 去帮帮 Denise, 担保她不会接这个案子. |
[01:31] | Alan! | Alan! |
[01:33] | Shirley, I was just thinking of you. | Shirley, 我刚好在想你呢. |
[01:34] | Were you now? | 现在不是吗? |
[01:36] | Well, not you specifically, your doll. | 哦,也不专门是你啦, 你的那个娃娃. |
[01:40] | I thought I aught to put in some hard hours practicing with her in preparation | 我想我应该和她 好好练习几个小时 |
[01:44] | for finding you under the mistletoe at the Christmas party | 来更好得找到在圣诞派对里 站在槲寄生下的你 |
[01:46] | and stemming your yuletide with my skilled and darting tongue. | 用我技巧娴熟的舌 来堵上您的圣诞佳节. |
[01:51] | You are coming to the Christmas party, aren’t you, Shirley? | 你会来圣诞派对的 对吧,Shirley? |
[01:53] | I wouldn’t dream of missing it. | 我可真是生怕错过啊. |
[01:57] | What’s that? | 这是啥? |
[01:57] | Oh, that’s just a case I’m assigning. | 哦,这只是我刚签的一个案子. |
[01:59] | Something senior partners tend to do on occasion. | 高级合伙人 有时候心血来潮时候会做的事. |
[02:02] | This is one of Edwin Poole’s cases. | 这本是Edwin Poole的一个案子. |
[02:04] | It seems to have slipped through my crack. | 看来这担子是掉在了我肩膀上. |
[02:06] | So I thought you’d find it especially tasty. | 所以我觉得你 应该觉得这案子很美味. |
[02:08] | Ah. What kind of case? | 啊.哪种案子? |
[02:11] | A woman is trying to get custody of her sisters’ twins. | 一女人想获得她姐姐的 双胞胎的监护权. |
[02:15] | Evidently the little girls are budding country music stars | 很显然这小女孩们 是冉冉升起的乡村乐之星 |
[02:18] | and the woman feels that this is no way to raise children. | 而那女人觉得这样子 培养孩子肯定不行. |
[02:22] | You can’t be serious. She’s trying to get custody because the girls sing? | 你不是认真的吧. 她想获得监护权 只是因为那些小女孩唱歌? |
[02:25] | The sister it seems is a bit protective. | 那姐姐好象有点保护过分. |
[02:27] | Anyway, we represent the mother and father. | 不管怎样,我们代理父母那方. |
[02:29] | The trial starts tomorrow and you need to meet the clients. | 案子明天开庭 而你得见见当事人. |
[02:33] | What’s my motivation? | 有什么鼓励吗? |
[02:36] | – I beg your pardon? – My characters’ motivation? | – 你再说一次? – 为我的表现做的鼓励? |
[02:38] | I can’t just jump cold into a case Shirley. I need incentive. | 我可不能冷冰冰地接起一案子,Shirley. 我得要点鼓励. |
[02:42] | Such as? | 比如说? |
[02:45] | Well… | 恩… |
[02:46] | Let’s say if I win, | 比如说我赢了的话, |
[02:48] | you have to dress up as a playboy bunny for the Christmas party. | 你得穿<花花公子>样的 兔女郎装来参加圣诞派对. |
[02:51] | Think of morale, Shirley. | 想想鼓舞士气吧, Shirley. |
[02:53] | And if you lose, you dress up as the bunny? | 如果你输了的话, 你穿成兔子样? |
[02:55] | – Even better. – Fine then. | – 会更惊艳. – 好就好吧. |
[02:57] | You have a bet. | 就这么赌定啦. |
[03:04] | What am I missing? | 我错过什么啦? |
[03:06] | Boston Legal 3×10. The Nutcrackers | 波士顿法律 |
[03:31] | hislily88888888@hotmail.com | 纯属个人兴趣 教农祈笼 辣急康(seedyun@nate.com) |
[03:33] | hislily88888888@hotmail.com | 纯属个人兴趣 茄臂锅开 冠荐锐(wren79@nate.com) |
[03:34] | hislily88888888@hotmail.com ORIGINAL AIR DATE ON ABC: 2006/12/05 | 纯属个人兴趣 |
[03:37] | – How is everything, guys? – Wonderful. | – 伙计们,怎么样啊? – 美极啦. |
[03:40] | Wonderful Sophia, I have a feeling this was a happy cow. | 太棒啦Sophia, 我都觉得这只牛肯定很高兴. |
[03:45] | Mr. Crane may I speak with you for a minute? | Crane先生我能 占你几分钟时间说下话吗? |
[03:47] | Absolutely, is it sexual? | 当然可以,是那方面的吗? |
[03:49] | I need more butter. | 我还要点黄油. |
[03:50] | No it’s a legal thing, and it’s personal. | 不是的是法律方面的, 而且是私人的事情. |
[03:53] | I’ll get the butter. | 我去拿点黄油过来. |
[03:55] | Sit, sit, sit, sit, sit. | 坐,坐,坐,坐,坐. |
[04:00] | It’s about my daughter Claire. | 是关于我的女儿Claire. |
[04:02] | She’s sixteen and I’m losing her. | 她16了而我要失去她了. |
[04:05] | Drugs? | 她吸毒? |
[04:06] | No, she’s got anorexia. | 不,她有厌食症. |
[04:08] | We’ve been fighting about it for months. | 我们几个月来都为这吵架. |
[04:10] | She says nothing’s wrong and then she starts screaming at me | 她说一切都没问题 然后开始对我嚎叫 |
[04:13] | and I start screaming back. | 然后我又开始嚎回去. |
[04:15] | Last week she moved out, she’s staying with her girlfriend | 上星期她搬出去住了, 她和她女朋友住一起. |
[04:18] | and today I got served with this. | 然后今天我收到了传票. |
[04:21] | Looks like a legal thing. A document. | 看上去像个法律上的东西. 一份文书. |
[04:23] | She wants to be emancipated. | 她想解脱监护. |
[04:26] | I’m really scared, Mr. Crane. | 我真的怕了, Crane先生. |
[04:28] | Sophia, bring her into my office and I’ll talk some sense into her. | Sophia, 带她来我办公室 我跟她疏通疏通. |
[04:32] | Failing that, maybe a couple of cupcakes. | 如果不这样的话, 就带几块杯形小蛋糕来. |
[04:35] | What exactly are you gonna say? | 你又准备到时说什么呢? |
[04:36] | Well, I’ll tell her, man needs to eat. | 恩,我会告诉她, 人是铁来饭是钢. |
[04:40] | Excuse me. | 不好意思. |
[04:46] | It wasn’t me. | 不是我干的. |
[04:48] | You must know that any judge is going to laugh at a claim like this. | 你得知道任何一个法官都会 对这样的起诉觉得好笑的. |
[04:52] | Anabelle… | Anabelle… |
[04:55] | what’s really going on? | 到底发生什么了? |
[04:57] | I’m angry. | 我很愤怒. |
[04:59] | My husband was not meant to die | 我的丈夫本不该死 |
[05:01] | and I’m angry that people just seem to flick it off like… | 而且我愤怒是因为人们 好象把这事看得扭曲了… |
[05:05] | What do you mean they flick it off? | 你说”把这事看得扭曲了”是 怎么回事? |
[05:07] | Like somehow because he got struck by lightning, it was meant to be. | 就是说他被雷击中了是理所当然, 是天意使然. |
[05:11] | You get cancer, you die in a car crash, it’s tragic. | 得了癌症的人, 车祸死的人,那是悲剧. |
[05:14] | But a lightning bolt… | 但是被雷霹死… |
[05:16] | his number was up, accept it. Well, I can’t accept it. | 他的时间到了,接受吧. 恩,我不接受. |
[05:21] | And suing somebody, maybe even God… | 而去告一个人, 也许甚至是上帝… |
[05:23] | I just want to give voice to my rage. That’s all. | 我只是想让我的愤怒得到关注. 就这样. |
[05:28] | He was the only man I ever loved. | 他是我唯一爱过的男人. |
[05:30] | How can God just take him away? | 上帝怎么能就这样把他带走呢? |
[05:35] | Don’t even think about it. | 想都别想. |
[05:37] | I was talking to him when it happened, you know. | 你知道吗,悲剧发生 的时候我在和他说话. |
[05:40] | He was on the golf course. | 他在上高尔夫球课. |
[05:42] | I called him on his cell. | 我在和他打电话. |
[05:45] | I heard the crack and he was gone. | 我听到巨响 而他就这么去了. |
[05:52] | I’m sorry. I can’t just sit home and grieve. | 对不起. 我不能傻待在家里为此悲痛. |
[05:57] | I just have to do something. | 我要化悲痛为力量. |
[06:00] | – Denise… – Mrs. Carruthers. | – Carruthers夫人. – Denise… |
[06:02] | I’m going to take your case. | 我要接你的案子. |
[06:04] | They’re beautiful, well behaved… | 她们很漂亮,有教养… |
[06:06] | We home school, on the road as well. | 我们在家里教她们, 也在旅途表演时候教育她们. |
[06:09] | My sister has issues. | 我妹妹有问题. |
[06:10] | She’s suing for custody because of what they sing? | 她因为她们唱歌的内容 而起诉要监护权? |
[06:13] | Basically she thinks the songs and our values are too conservative. | 主要是她觉得歌曲 和我们的价值观都太保守了. |
[06:17] | Would you like to hear them perform Mr. Shore? | 你想听听她们表演吗, Shore先生? |
[06:20] | Delighted. | 当然欢迎啦. |
[06:30] | # Rise up and shine, America’s sons and daughters, # | #起来大放光彩, 美国的儿女们, # |
[06:35] | # Rise up and shine, you’ve got to fight to part those waters. # | # 起来大放光彩 你们得扫除那些污水. # |
[06:39] | # When we swim in the light, # | # 在阳光下沐浴, # |
[06:41] | # all will be okay. # | # 一切都很美. # |
[06:44] | # The black, yellow and brown man will wash away. # | # 黑人黄人棕色人,统统被洗光. # |
[06:48] | # Yes, the black, yellow and brown man will wash away. # | # 没错,黑人黄人棕色人,统统被洗光. # |
[06:53] | # Rise up and shine, Americas sons and daughters, # | #起来大放光彩, 美国的儿女们,# |
[06:57] | # Rise up and shine, you’ve got to fight to part those waters. # | # 起来大放光彩 你们得扫除那些污水. # |
[07:02] | # When we swim in the light all will be okay. # | # 在阳光下沐浴, 一切都很美# |
[07:04] | – My sister thinks we’re racist. – Got it. | – 我妹妹觉得我们很种族主义. – 理解. |
[07:07] | # The black, yellow and brown man will wash away. # | # 黑人黄人棕色人,统统被洗光.# |
[07:10] | # Yes, the black, yellow and brown man will wash away. # | # 没错,黑人黄人棕色人,统统被洗光. # |
[07:22] | Shirley. | Shirley. |
[07:23] | Yes, Alan. | 啊, Alan. |
[07:25] | You didn’t mention that the clients were white supremacists. | 你没告诉我当事人 可都是白人至上者. |
[07:29] | Didn’t I? That doesn’t seem right. Does it? | 我没说吗? 这么做不对.是不是? |
[07:31] | No, it doesn’t, Shirley, | 是啊,是不对, Shirley, |
[07:32] | and I’ve always considered you such a beacon of fair play. | 而我一直以为你是 公平比赛的灯塔人物. |
[07:35] | Well, look on the bright side. | 哦,看看好的一面吧. |
[07:36] | You’ll look great in that bunny outfit. Think of morale, Alan. | 你穿兔子装肯定很好看. 想想鼓舞士气吧, Alan. |
[07:40] | Motivated yet? | 还没有动力吗? |
[07:44] | Okay, you are all here for the assistant position. | 好吧,你们今天都来这里 应聘助理职位. |
[07:48] | I will be interviewing you one by one. | 我会一个个的面试你们. |
[07:50] | Each of you will have about three minutes. | 每个人大概会有三分钟. |
[07:53] | I do not care about your dreams for world peace. | 我不在乎你们关于 世界和平的美好愿望. |
[07:56] | You will not impress me with your concerns for whales, | 你们对于鲸鱼的担心 也不会让我留下好印象, |
[07:59] | A.I.D.S. babies, or greenhouse emissions. | 爱滋宝宝,温室效应也是. |
[08:02] | And if you’re religious, for God’s sake, keep it to yourself. | 而且如果你信宗教, 看在上帝的份上,自己到一边信去. |
[08:06] | All I want to know is how fast you type, | 我所想知道的只是 你们打字速度有多快, |
[08:09] | what’s your experience, level of education and… | 你们的工作经验, 受教育水平,和… |
[08:13] | Clarice. | Clarice. |
[08:16] | Don’t look at me like that. | 别那么看着我. |
[08:17] | You’re applying for the assistant position? | 你也来应聘助理职位? |
[08:21] | I have skills. | 我有本事的啊. |
[08:24] | Okay, wig off. | 好吧,假发拿掉. |
[08:26] | You first, Ho. | 你先拿吧,HO. |
[08:29] | Clarence, wig off! | Clarence, 假发拿掉! |
[08:39] | What’s going on? | 怎么啦? |
[08:42] | I quit the other job. | 我把上一个工作辞了. |
[08:44] | It wasn’t the same after they took me back. | 他们把我召回后 感觉回不去了. |
[08:46] | And what makes you think that you could be a legal secretary? | 你又是怎么觉得 你能当一名法律文秘? |
[08:50] | I went to law school. | 我读过法学院. |
[08:52] | And Clarice has good people skills. | 而Clarice很会和人打交道. |
[08:54] | You went to law school? | 你去过法学院读书? |
[08:56] | I never practiced. | 我从没上庭过. |
[08:58] | But… but Clarice knows everything I know and… | 但是… 但是Clarice知道 我知道的一切事情,而… |
[09:01] | Okay, I am not hiring Clarice. | 好吧,我不会雇佣Clarice. |
[09:04] | I don’t even like Clarice. | 我甚至不喜欢Clarice. |
[09:07] | I will hire you | 我要雇佣你 |
[09:09] | on a trial basis. | 作为试用. |
[09:13] | I don’t think I… | 我觉得我不… |
[09:15] | It’s too high pressure. I have to be her. | 压力太大了. 我得当”她”才可以 |
[09:18] | The offer is extended to Clarence, not Clarice. | 这个邀请是向Clarence发出的, 不是Clarice. |
[09:30] | I thought we were just gonna talk. | 我以为我们只是来谈谈. |
[09:31] | We are, but since you got a lawyer, I thought I should have one, too. | 是的,但是因为你请了个律师 我觉得我也有必要请个. |
[09:34] | – Shelley Ford. – Denny Crane. – Denny Crane. | – Shelley Ford. |
[09:36] | Where did you come from, and how is she paying you? | 你从哪来, 她怎么请得起你? |
[09:39] | We met on my web site. | 我们在我的网页上认识的. |
[09:40] | I’m a supporter of the pro-ana movement | 我是个厌食(PRO-ANA)运动支持者 |
[09:42] | and an attorney with Yannetti, Bauer & Lewis. | 而且是Yannetti, Bauer & Lewis 律所的律师. |
[09:44] | I took this case pro bono. | 我免费接这个案子的. |
[09:46] | And what the hell is pro-ana? | 支持厌食 是什么意思? |
[09:47] | It’s short of pro-anorexia. | 就是 支持厌食症 的缩写. |
[09:49] | Now wait a minute. You’re in favor of a disease? | 等下. 你支持一种 病? |
[09:51] | Pro-ana is not a disease, Mr. Crane. It’s a lifestyle choice. | 支持厌食不是一种病,Crane先生. 是一种生活方式的抉择. |
[09:54] | It’s like being gay or an atheist. | 就像做个同性恋或是个无神论者一样. |
[09:56] | We’re out of the closet. We’re not ashamed of it. | 我们不按常态来做. 我们不以这为耻. |
[09:58] | We’re tired of all the nasty labels. And we’re proud of the way we live. | 我们厌倦了所有的包装食品. 而且我们以我们现在的生活方式为傲. |
[10:01] | You’re going to starve to death! | 你会被饿死的! |
[10:03] | I don’t know how to be more clear. | 我不知道怎么才能说更清楚点. |
[10:04] | And once again, you heard nothing. | 再说一次,你又没听说过 这样有何不可. |
[10:06] | Liver failure, muscle loss! | 肝功能衰竭, 肌肉无力! |
[10:08] | – Stop it! – You stopped your period a year ago. | – 别说了! – 你一年前就没来月事了. |
[10:10] | – Do you want to have children? – Stop it! | – 你以后还想要孩子吗? – 别说了! |
[10:11] | Mrs. Wilson, you indicated you had something to say. What is it? | Wilson夫人, 您说您还有点事情要说, 什么事? |
[10:16] | You’re too skinny. | 你太瘦了. |
[10:17] | Snap out of it. | 振作一下. |
[10:19] | I guess we’ll see each other in court. | 我想我们法庭见啦. |
[10:21] | Not if you turn sideways. | 除非你先滚蛋. |
[10:27] | What? | 什么? |
[10:28] | You did what? | 你做了什么? |
[10:30] | If we can just get past summary judgment… | 如果我们能争取到 即决判决… |
[10:32] | You won’t get past it. Suing God? | 你不能争取到. 去告上帝? |
[10:34] | Have you lost your mind? And you… / Yeah. | 你疯了吗? 而你… / 恩. |
[10:36] | I told you to prevent this from happening. | 我告诉过你要阻止这一切发生. |
[10:39] | – I tried. – You tried! | – 我试过啦. – 你试过了! |
[10:41] | What’s up? | 怎么了? |
[10:43] | Brad and Denise have decided to represent a woman suing God. | Brad和Denise打算代理一个 要起诉上帝的女人. |
[10:47] | I didn’t decide. She… | 我没打算.是她…. |
[10:48] | You both bear responsibility for taking this case. | 你们俩对接这个案子 都担责. |
[10:51] | You both will figure out a way to beat summary judgment. | 你们俩得找个方法来 获去即决判决. |
[10:54] | That shouldn’t be too hard. | 应该不会太难. |
[10:58] | Do you know the facts of this case, Mr. Coho? | 你对这案子有什么了解吗, Coho先生? |
[11:01] | No, but anybody can get a case past summary judgment. | 不知道.不过任何人都能把案子弄过 即决判决. |
[11:05] | Maybe not. | 也许不能哦. |
[11:06] | Okay. All three of you will bear responsibility. | 好的.你们仨都对这案子担责. |
[11:09] | – Whoa, whoa, no. – No, no! | – 哇,哇,才不. – 不,不要! |
[11:11] | You just got yourself assigned. | 你自己给自己派任务啦. |
[11:12] | You can take this opportunity to further your bond with Mr. Chase. | 你能利用这个机会改善下和 Chase先生的关系. |
[11:23] | I was raised the same way they were. | 我和他们一样的方式养大. |
[11:25] | Our parents told us the same stories. | 我们父母也是这么教我们的. |
[11:27] | About there being no holocaust, | 说是没有大屠杀, |
[11:29] | the blacks mongrelizing the pure white race, the whole deal. | 黑人想混脏白人种族 的血统,如此种种. |
[11:33] | But I was able to come out from under it. | 但是我总算是不受 影响走出来了. |
[11:35] | And now you’re trying to put your stamp on our children. | 而现在你又想染指我们的孩子. |
[11:38] | Ms. Shaw, Ms. Monroe, regardless of my personal feelings about this case. | Shaw小姐, Monroe小姐, 对这个 案子不以我个人感情来论. |
[11:43] | I can assure you of one thing, | 我能跟你们肯定一件事, |
[11:44] | you have no legal standing to challenge custody here. | 你们没有威胁监护权变更 的任何法律依据. |
[11:47] | The court wouldn’t dare take children away from their parents | 法庭不敢让 孩子远离他们的父母 |
[11:50] | because of said parent’s political beliefs. | 仅仅因为说是 他们父母的政治信仰不对. |
[11:53] | Mr. and Mrs. Tanner are extremists, | Tanner先生和夫人是极端主义, |
[11:55] | and they are hazardous to their own children’s welfare as well as society. | 他们不仅对他们的孩子,而且对 社会公序良俗形成了威胁. |
[11:59] | And we are prepared to prove | 而我们准备证明 |
[12:01] | that this custody battle is not only a matter of child welfare, | 这次监护权之战 不仅是为了孩子的福利, |
[12:05] | but of national security. | 也是为了社会的公益. |
[12:08] | She actually cited national security | 她还真把国家安全因素 |
[12:11] | as grounds for taking children away from their parents. | 作为让孩子带出父母管教 的依据. |
[12:13] | White supremacists are hate cells. | 白人至上主义者是仇恨细胞. |
[12:15] | Hate cells are a breeding ground for terror. It’s a fact. | 仇恨细胞是恐怖主义的滋生源. 这是事实. |
[12:18] | If seeing Shirley in pink ears weren’t incentive enough, | 如果去看Shirley戴粉红色耳朵 都不能让我足够受鼓励的话, |
[12:21] | I think I actually might have to fight this one on principle. | 我想也许我应该为了 个人原则来打赢这场官司. |
[12:26] | So basically, we’ve both got mothers trying to hang on to their daughters. | 所以基本上,我们有个 想管住她们孩子的母亲. |
[12:31] | Maybe we should critique each other’s closings. | 也许我们该互相借鉴下 彼此的结案陈词. |
[12:40] | What? | 什么? |
[12:41] | You… you don’t think I can do this? | 你… 你觉得我做不来这个案子? |
[12:45] | I most certainly didn’t say that. | 我非常肯定我没那么说. |
[12:47] | Oh, yes, you did. | 哦,是的,你那么说了. |
[12:49] | You don’t trust me. | 你不相信我. |
[12:51] | – Denny… – I know you too well, Alan. | – 我太了解你了, Alan. – Denny… |
[12:53] | You don’t think I can handle this solo. | 你觉得我一个人做不来这个案子. |
[12:56] | I’m simply saying, given the enormity of the stakes, | 我只是讲, 为了避免不良后果, |
[12:59] | it can’t hurt either of us to get feedback. | 我们互相帮助下 也没什么不好. |
[13:04] | Right. | 好吧. |
[13:08] | I’m getting sick of having to prove myself to you. | 我对总要在你面前证明自己 感到厌倦了. |
[13:39] | Clarence, one of your duties would be to pick up the phone | Clarence, 你的职责之一就是接电话 |
[13:44] | when it makes noises like that. | 当它那样响的时候. |
[13:48] | I… I can’t. | 我…我办不到. |
[13:49] | Can you at least let me be her on the phone? | 你能让我至少在电话里 装做是 她 吗? |
[13:55] | Okay. | 好吧. |
[13:56] | I will let you be her on the phone at the beginning, | 一开始我允许你在电话里 装成是 她, |
[13:59] | but you will not be calling our clients “Hos”. | 但是你不能叫我们的 当事人们为 “Ho”. |
[14:02] | And after a month, you will have to be you all the time, | 一个月以后, 你必须什么时候都做你自己. |
[14:05] | including when you are on the phone. | 就算接电话也是. |
[14:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢你. |
[14:11] | Claire Sim’s office. | Claire Sim的办公室. |
[14:13] | This is Clarice Bell speakin’. | 我是Clarice Bell. |
[14:15] | Yes, yes, indeed. | 是的,是的,当然. |
[14:18] | This summer we sang at a Patriot’s day picnic in Richmond | 这个夏天我们在Richmond 的爱国者白天野餐会上唱 |
[14:21] | and at the solstice festival in Tampa. | 而且在Tampa的夏至 节日长唱. |
[14:23] | Also, we got to do the national anthem at an anti-immigration rally in Ft. Payne. | 而且我们还去了Ft. Payne的一个 国家反移民集会上唱了国歌. |
[14:26] | Katey, do you ever wish that, | Katey,你有没有想过, |
[14:29] | instead of having to perform at those kinds of gatherings, | 除了去那些特定 的集会上表演外, |
[14:33] | that you could do fun things like other kids… summer camp, Disneyland? | 你和其他的孩子一样… 去夏令营,迪士尼? |
[14:38] | Performing is fun for us, and it’s important. | 表演对我们来说有意思, 也很重要. |
[14:41] | We’re standing up for something. | 我们是为了一些东西定立场. |
[14:42] | And what exactly are you standing up for? | 那你们是为了什么定的立场? |
[14:46] | White pride. | 身为白人的骄傲. |
[14:47] | I mean, other groups are allowed to be proud of themselves, right? | 我是说,其他的人群都以 自己为骄傲,不是吗? |
[14:50] | Objection. Katey, sweetheart, you weren’t asked a question. | 不是的. Katey, 甜心, 他们又没问你这问题. |
[14:54] | I’d like to hear from Katey. | 我希望听Katey说说. |
[14:57] | It used to just be, like, blacks with their marches and history month and stuff. | 以前就像是,恩,黑人有他们的 游行还有历史月什么的. |
[15:01] | Now it’s everyone, like the Mexicans. | 现在大家都来这套, 就像墨西哥人一样. |
[15:03] | They illegally cross our borders then say they want to become Americans. | 他们非法跨进我们的国界 还说他们想当美国人. |
[15:07] | But at their rallies, they just wave their Mexican flags and talk Spanish. | 但是在他们集会时,他们就挂起 他们的墨西哥旗帜并且说西班牙语. |
[15:10] | With our songs, we’re saying that whites need to stand up and fight back, | 我们唱这种歌,就是想说 白人应该站起来并且还击. |
[15:13] | because the minorities, they’re winning. | 因为这些少数种族, 他们在赢. |
[15:16] | Winning what? | 赢什么啊? |
[15:17] | The race war. | 种族之战. |
[15:19] | Not, like with gun, with babies. | 不是,不是用枪,而是用人口数量. |
[15:21] | The Mexicans, the Chinese, | 墨西哥人,中国人, |
[15:23] | they’re all having as many kids as they can so they can take over. | 他们都尽力生更多的小孩 来达到控制大局的目的 (翻译P.S: = =+) |
[15:26] | Whites are already a minority in California, Texas and New Mexico. | 在加州,德州和新墨西哥 白人已经是少数了, |
[15:29] | We’ve pretty much lost those states already. | 我们几乎在这些州 是没得影响力了. |
[15:31] | And who told you that? | 谁告诉你的? |
[15:33] | I learned it in school. | 我从学校学到的. |
[15:35] | Your home school? | 你的家教学校? |
[15:36] | The one that your mother teaches? | 就是只有你妈妈教你 的那个学校? |
[15:39] | Yes. | 是的. |
[15:41] | Katey, have your parents ever hit you? | Katey, 你父母有打过你吗? |
[15:43] | Hit me? No. | 打不?才不会哩. |
[15:45] | How about Lauren? | 那么Lauren呢? |
[15:46] | To your knowledge, have they ever been violent with her? | 就你所知,他们有没有对她 施加暴力? |
[15:49] | No, they love us. | 才不会,他们很爱我们. |
[15:50] | Do the two of you always get enough to eat? | 你们俩总能吃饱的对吧? |
[15:53] | Um, yeah. | 恩,是的. |
[15:54] | How about your health? | 你们健康状态如何? |
[15:55] | Any aches or pains not being attended to, | 有什么没得到治疗的 疼痛么? |
[15:58] | perhaps a sore throat from all that singing? | 或者因为唱歌会嗓子疼之类的? |
[16:01] | No. | 不会. |
[16:02] | Okay. Now, Katey, | 好的,恩,Katey, |
[16:03] | Ms. Monroe mentioned that your mother is your teacher. | Monroe先生提出过你的母亲 是你的老师. |
[16:07] | Given all that time you spend traveling and performing, | 除去你们花在旅行和 表演上的时间外, |
[16:10] | does she ever let you slide a little when it comes to school? | 在学习上她有让你们 更侧重些吗? |
[16:13] | I wish. We do way more homework | 我希望啦. 我们做更多的作业 |
[16:16] | and get better test scores than kids in regular schools. | 比一般的学校同龄 孩子还取得更好的成绩. |
[16:18] | And whenever we take a trip somewhere, | 而且不管我们在何处旅行, |
[16:20] | our dad always turns it into a total history lesson. | 我们父亲总是能把那些 变成历史课程. |
[16:24] | I can imagine. | 我能想象. |
[16:26] | So, you’re safe and well fed, healthy and successful. | 所以,你们很安全,温饱有保证, 健康而且成功. |
[16:33] | Let me ask you. | 让我问问你. |
[16:35] | As long as you and your sister could be together, | 你和你的姐妹待的时间越久, |
[16:38] | and if it were up to you, with whom would you want to live? | 而且如果让你决定的话, 你希望和谁一起住? |
[16:41] | We want to live at home with our family. | 我们希望在家和家里人一起住. |
[16:45] | Sue the Church? | 告教堂? |
[16:46] | Why not? A lightning bolt is an act of God. | 为什么不? 雷击是上帝的一种举动. |
[16:48] | The church holds itself out as an agent of God. | 教堂总把自己表现 成上帝在尘世的代理人似的. |
[16:50] | Let’s slap the Episcopalians. | 我们攻击下圣工会去. |
[16:52] | It’s ridiculous. | 太荒谬了. |
[16:54] | You got a better idea? | 你有更好的主意? |
[16:55] | You’re the one that’s supposed to have the better ideas, | 你是那个应该 出最好主意的人啊, |
[16:56] | because you said we could beat this in summary judgment. | 因为你说我们能让这个 迅速通过即决判决的嘛. |
[16:58] | Okay, here’s an idea. | 好吧,有个主意. |
[17:00] | Why don’t we tell the judge to kiss my ass? | 为什么我们不让法官来 拍我们马屁? |
[17:02] | That can work pretty nicely if you say it just right. | 如果你完美说出来的话 那肯定能顺利进行啦. |
[17:04] | Let me practice. | 让我练习下. |
[17:06] | Kiss my ass. What do you think? | 拍我马屁吧. 怎么样? |
[17:11] | No, no! No, no, no. no! | 不,不行! 不,不,不. 不行! |
[17:13] | Uh-huh. That’s enough. | 啊哈.那就成了. |
[17:18] | I don’t do drugs, and I don’t drink. | 我不吸毒,我也不酗酒. |
[17:21] | I take A.P. classes, and I get all straight A’s. | 我上全天的课程, 而且各门都得A. |
[17:24] | And you’re graduating early? | 而且你提前毕业啦? |
[17:25] | With honors. | 作为优秀毕业生. |
[17:26] | You also have a web site, don’t you? | 你有个个人网站,不是吗? |
[17:29] | It’s called Thinspire. | 被称为”苗条之灵”. |
[17:30] | It’s a support community for goal-oriented young women. | 是个为了有目标的年轻女性而 成立的支持同盟. |
[17:33] | We post articles and suggestions on how to live a more thinspirational life. | 我们发表帖子和建议 来告诉人们怎么活 一个苗条精灵样的人生. |
[17:38] | And how do you plan to support yourself financially? | 而你打算怎么自己经济自立呢? |
[17:41] | I model. | 我当模特. |
[17:42] | Well, I’m just getting started, really. | 恩,不过,我真的才刚刚起步. |
[17:44] | I’ve done fashion shows for a few local department stores, | 我为一些本地的 大商场做时尚表演 |
[17:47] | but recently I’ve gotten a lot of catalog work. | 不过最近我得到了很多 拍写真的工作. |
[17:50] | It’s pretty steady, and I make about $125 an hour. | 工作很稳定. 我一小时赚$125. |
[17:53] | It sounds to me like you’re doing pretty well for yourself, Ms. Wilson. | 听起来你自己为自己 做的不错啊,Wilson小姐. |
[17:57] | Yes, I am. | 是的.没错. |
[17:59] | What did you have for breakfast this morning? | 你今天早上 早餐吃了什么? |
[18:01] | I had a diet soda and a cracker with some butter spray on it. | 我喝了素可乐还有 一片上面弄了点黄油的小饼干. |
[18:06] | – And lunch? – I didn’t eat lunch. | – 午饭呢? – 我不吃午饭的. |
[18:08] | I can’t eat when I’m stressed out. | 我身体可能发胖的时候 我是不吃东西的. |
[18:10] | So, how many calories have you had today? | 那么,你今天大概吃了多少 卡路里的食品? |
[18:14] | 16. Sixteen. | |
[18:15] | Are you aware that the daily required number of calories | 你明白每天所需要的 卡路里量 |
[18:18] | for someone of your age and height is somewhere between 1,800 and 2,500? | 对于一个像你一样年龄和高度的 孩子应该要1,800到2,500? |
[18:22] | And are you aware that two out of three Americans are overweight? | 而你明白三个美国人中 就有两个体重超标吗? |
[18:26] | No one’s calling them sick. | 却没有人告诉他们那是种病. |
[18:27] | I’m healthy. I watch what I eat and I exercise. | 我很健康. 我注意饮食并且我还锻炼. |
[18:30] | You can ask any fat girl at my school if she’d want to trade places with me. | 你可以问我学校任何一个胖女孩 她们是否想和我交换下 |
[18:33] | Now don’t go knocking fat girls. | 现在别攻击胖女孩 |
[18:35] | I love chubby sex and I’m sure your honor does. | 我喜欢丰满的SEX 而且我相信法官大人也是. |
[18:37] | Mr. Crane! | Crane先生! |
[18:41] | Ms. Wilson, | Wilson小姐, |
[18:42] | are you aware that the “Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders” | 你明白<精神失控的 诊断和统计指南> |
[18:47] | defines anorexia nervosa as a mental illness? | 里说了厌食症是种精神病么? |
[18:51] | Thirty years ago they said the same thing about homosexuality. | 三十年前他们也是 这么说同性恋的. |
[18:55] | Exactly! | 完全没错! |
[18:57] | No further questions. | 没其他问题了. |
[19:03] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白. |
[19:04] | Why does he need to hear closing statements? It’s a simple decision. | 为什么他要听结案陈词? 这多么容易判决的案子. |
[19:08] | What is wrong with this judge? | 这法官有什么问题? |
[19:09] | Well, maybe he’s just prejudiced against, you know, skinheads. | 恩,也许他只是有偏见罢了 就是,对平头的男人. |
[19:15] | Do I look like a skinhead, Mr. Shore? | 我看起来像个 平头男人吗,Shore先生? |
[19:17] | I’m told they can take on various forms. | 我听说他们会耍 各种手段 |
[19:20] | Hey, if you’re prejudiced against us, | 嘿,如果你对我们有偏见 |
[19:21] | # Rise up and shine, America’s sons and daughters. # | # 起来大放光彩, 美国的儿女们, # |
[19:25] | Quiet! | 安静! |
[19:26] | Listen, as much as I enjoy the company of you, show people, | 听着,就算我很喜欢 和你们,表演者们一起玩, |
[19:30] | I have a closing to prepare, | 我得准备下结案陈词, |
[19:31] | so I’ll see you and your full heads of hair at the courthouse. | 然后我会在法庭上 和你们满头头发的人再见. |
[19:36] | We are not bigoted. Our message is simply… | 我们不是老顽固. 我们的观点只是… |
[19:39] | It’s good to be white. I’ll meet you at the courthouse. | 做白人很好. 我们法庭再见. |
[19:49] | Case going well? | 案子进展顺利么? |
[19:51] | It isn’t over yet, Shirley. | 还没完呢, Shirley. |
[19:52] | We haven’t even gotten to the part where I deliver my politically biased | 我们还没到我要发表 我的有政治歧视的, |
[19:56] | but compelling closing argument. | 却感人肺腑的结案陈词的时候呢. |
[20:04] | Now, how cute is that? | 啊,这样多可爱啊! |
[20:15] | We’ve heard testimony from your daughter | 我们从你女儿那里听取了证词, |
[20:17] | that at her new, lower weight, her social life’s improved. | 她的新的,苗条的, 而且她的社会生活的改善. |
[20:19] | – She’s being asked out on dates. – That’s true, but… | – 还有人约她出去. – 是真的,但是… |
[20:22] | She’s getting more involved in school activities now that her self-esteem is up. | 她在学校活动中更容易加入 而且她现在的自尊心也得到提高 |
[20:25] | We’ve heard she loves theater and dance. | 我们听说她喜欢戏剧和跳舞. |
[20:27] | At her previous weight, she was getting supporting roles, | 如果就她以前的体重, 她只能得到配角角色 |
[20:30] | and now she’s got the lead in “Grease”, correct? / Yes. | 而她现在是 “Grease”的主演,不是吗?/ 没错. |
[20:32] | Wouldn’t you say your daughter, is blossoming at her new weight? | 你能不说是你女儿 因为她新体重而如此辉煌吗? |
[20:35] | But that’s not the point. | 但是要点不在这里. |
[20:36] | So because Claire has chosen a pro-ana lifestyle, | 就是因为 Claire选择了 一条支持厌食 的生活方式, |
[20:38] | her life has improved. | 她的人生转好了. |
[20:40] | She’s now working professionally. | 她如今很专业地工作. |
[20:42] | She’s completely capable of living on her own and this is a threat to you, isn’t it? | 她已经完全可以自己生活了 而这对你来说是个威胁,不是吗? |
[20:45] | No, that’s not it at all. | 不,完全不是. |
[20:46] | And under your care, you’d want her to gain weight, | 而在你的照顾下, 你会希望她长胖点, |
[20:48] | which would make her lose her self-esteem, her career would suffer, | 而那会让她丧失她的自尊, 她的事业会受影响, |
[20:51] | but you’d still have control over your little girl’s life. | 但是你会仍然 对你的小宝贝生活有拘束. |
[20:53] | Objection! She’s being, uh… | 反对!她的提问~恩… |
[20:56] | objectionable. | 很令人反对. |
[20:57] | Sustained. | 反对有效. |
[20:58] | I have my daughter’s best interests at heart. | 我内心一切都为 我女儿的利益打算. |
[21:03] | You’re a forty year old single mother working in a steakhouse. | 你是个在牛排店工作的 四十多岁的单身妈妈. |
[21:05] | The only good thing that you have going for you is your daughter. | 你唯一生命中好的一件事情 就是你有了你的女儿. |
[21:08] | You want to hang on to her as long as you possibly can… | 你想一辈子指望着她 尽你所为来… |
[21:11] | Objection! / so you don’t have to examine your own empty life. | 反对! / 这样你就可以不自己检讨下 自己空虚的生活. |
[21:13] | – Your honor! – Ms. Ford, that’s enough. | – 法官大人! – Ford小姐,适而可止. |
[21:33] | Ms. Sims? | Sims小姐? |
[21:36] | You can call me Claire. | 你可以叫我Claire. |
[21:38] | Claire, uh, the, uh, the case that Mr. Coho and Mr. Chase are working on… | Claire, 啊,恩,那个Coho先生 和Chase先生忙的那个案子… |
[21:44] | – Mm-hmm? – I, uh… I pulled up some research. | – 恩? – 我,恩… 我做了点调查. |
[21:52] | The cell phone? | 关于那个手机? |
[21:53] | Evidently, he was talking on it when he got struck by the lightning? | 显然的,他当时被雷击中的时候 他正在用手机说话? |
[21:56] | Those studies linking cell phones and lightning have been completely debunked. | 那些关于手机和雷击的联系 的调查显示这一切都完全没关系. |
[22:00] | Well… | 恩… |
[22:04] | Go ahead, Clarence. | 继续说, Clarence. |
[22:09] | Clarence. | Clarence. |
[22:12] | The… The studies have been, uh, mainly discounted, but not totally. | 这… 这些调查已经表明,额, 联系虽然已经大打折扣, 但是,并不是完全没联系. |
[22:16] | And conflicting studies… it… becomes a question of fact, not law. | 而是有争议的学术问题…它… 已成了一个事实问题,不是法律问题. |
[22:20] | Which means the case can’t get kicked at summary judgment. | 就是指这个案子不会 被即决判决踢出去. |
[22:24] | Can I see those studies, please? | 我能看看那些研究报告么? |
[22:30] | Interesting, I could run with this. | 有意思, 这个倒可以用. |
[22:33] | I’ll run with it. | 我就用这个. |
[22:34] | Guys… | 伙计们… |
[22:42] | How are they supposed to seriously function in this world as adults | 她们怎么能成为 这个社会未来的栋梁 |
[22:45] | if they’ve been brought up as white supremacists? | 如果她们被作为 白人种族主义者带大? |
[22:48] | Many seem to do just fine. | 很多看上去成长不错. |
[22:49] | Your honor, is that an environment that you would subject your children to? | 法官大人.这是您愿意 把您孩子送往的环境么? |
[22:54] | And this is a physical danger as well. | 而且这对身体也有害处. |
[22:57] | White supremacists are more likely to become involved in violence. | 白人极端主义者也更容易 陷入暴力纷争, |
[23:00] | They’re hate groups, | 他们是仇恨团体, |
[23:02] | Mr. Shore can deride me for pulling the national security card, | Shore先生可以嘲笑我 把国家安全牌拿出来抵, |
[23:06] | but do not tell me that the Timothy McVeighs of this world | 但是别告诉我 这个世界的Timothy McVeighs |
[23:10] | and the Christian Identity Organization and the like, | 和基督徒组织会和这样的 |
[23:13] | which support violence and are antigovernment, | 支持暴力的组织都 是不反政府的 |
[23:16] | you can’t tell me that they don’t pose a threat to this country. | 你不能告诉我他们 对这个社会无害. |
[23:20] | For God’s sake, these two little girls are being taught to adhere to a whites-only, | 看在老天的份上,这俩小女孩 被教育要走向白人至上. |
[23:26] | immigrant-bashing, Jew-hating ideology. | 打击移民,犹太仇恨意识 |
[23:30] | You heard them. | 你都听说过. |
[23:32] | And their performances are being used to recruit other people to join in with the prejudice. | 而且他们的表演也被用来 召其他人来加入歧视大军. |
[23:38] | How can this court not step in and rescue them? | 这个法庭怎么能不阻止 并拯救他们呢? |
[23:49] | Benjamin Franklin with the quote, | 经常引用这句话, Benjamin Franklin is often attributed |
[23:52] | “Those who would give up essential liberty | “那些放弃了实质的自由 |
[23:54] | to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither.” | 来获取暂时的安全的人 会一无所得.” |
[23:58] | And he certainly knew what he was talking about. | 而他显然知道他在说些什么. |
[24:00] | He ate lots of red meat and invented the swim fin. | 他吃很多的红肉 也发明了游泳衣. |
[24:04] | When our current president, who, by the way, has invented nothing, | 而我们当今的总统, 他,顺便说一下,没有发明任何东西. |
[24:07] | signed the Patriot Act into law in 2001, | 在2001年通过了爱国者法案, |
[24:10] | not a single member of congress could be found | 你找不到任何一个议会成员 |
[24:13] | who had read the bill all the way through. | 是把那草案从头到尾审了的. |
[24:15] | And yet, they couldn’t wait to hand over our rights. | 而如今,他们等不及要 递交我们的权利. |
[24:17] | “Al Queda’s coming. Where’s my pen?” | “伊斯兰教的恐怖组织来了.我的笔呢?” |
[24:19] | Anything to feel safe. | 做任何感觉到安全的举动. |
[24:21] | Like a parent who dangles car keys to distract a child, | 就像一个父母在孩子面前 摇晃车钥匙一样吸引他们, |
[24:24] | our government whips out national security to grab our attention | 我们的政府扔开了国家安全 来抓住我们的关注 |
[24:28] | whenever they deem it necessary. | 只要他们相信是需要的时候. |
[24:30] | And that’s what opposing council is doing here. | 而这也是对方律师在这里所做的. |
[24:32] | But this case is not about national security. | 但这个案子不是关于国家安全. |
[24:34] | It’s about a family. | 是关于一个家庭. |
[24:36] | Granted, a family that is so filled with spite | 没错,一个家充满敌意的家庭, |
[24:40] | and ignorance and shockingly untutored ideas that it beggars the imagination, | 而且忽视而且没有教育好 关于移民乞丐的理念 |
[24:46] | but still a family. | 但是仍然是一家人. |
[24:48] | And as long as Lauren and Katey are well fed and well cared for, | 而只要是Lauren和Katey 有温饱,有照料, |
[24:53] | a family the law cannot and should not touch. | 这是一个法律不能 也不应该触手的家庭. |
[24:58] | Now I think we would all agree | 现在我想我们都应该认可 |
[25:03] | that we’d prefer these children to be raised in a different way. | 我们最好把这些孩子 用不同方法带大吧. |
[25:09] | Certainly Mrs. Tanner’s sister thinks so. | 很显然Tanner的姐姐想这么做. |
[25:12] | But she knows legally that is not possible, | 但是她知道法律上是不行的, |
[25:15] | so she and her lawyer are | 所以她和她的律师 |
[25:16] | wheeling out our latest favorite rights-squashing mechanism, national security. | 打出了我们最喜欢的权利粉碎体系, 国家安全 牌 |
[25:22] | And who can blame them? It’s all the rage. | 而谁能怪罪他们? 都是愤怒所至啊. |
[25:24] | If you want to look at people’s bank records, | 如果你想看看人们的银行记录, |
[25:26] | tap their phones, read their e-mails, go ahead, do it. | 跟踪电话,看他们邮件, 那就这样,去做吧. |
[25:30] | Just say it’s a matter of national security. | 就打着国家安全 的牌子去做吧. |
[25:32] | And now we’re claiming the Tanner family is a threat. | 而如今我们却宣称Tanner 的家庭是个威胁. |
[25:35] | If that is the case, if there is any actual evidence linking them to a crime, | 如果事实是这样, 如果有任何他们犯罪有关的证据, |
[25:41] | by all means, be my guest, please, have at ’em, arrest them. | 不管什么时候,请拿出来. 把他们带走,逮捕他们. |
[25:43] | But if there is no cause to arrest them, | 但是如果没有逮捕他们的理由, |
[25:49] | then leave this family alone. | 那就请让这个家庭 一边待着不要打扰. |
[26:10] | Where’s my mom? Is she all right? | 我妈妈在哪? 她还好吗? |
[26:12] | She’s in here, still alive. | 她在这里,还活着呢. |
[26:18] | – You lied to me. – No, I didn’t. | – 你骗了我. – 没,我没有. |
[26:21] | I told you your mom was in the hospital, and you had to get down here immediately, | 我告诉你,你妈妈在医院. 而你自己就急急忙忙跑来了, |
[26:24] | and she is still alive. | 然后她还活生生的不是. |
[26:28] | Only this young woman unfortunately, is not doing quite so well. | 只是不幸的是这个小女人, 她不太行了. |
[26:40] | Ms. Murr, Claire Wilson. | Murr小姐, Claire Wilson. |
[26:45] | My daughter Cathy has complications due to anorexia nervosa. | 我的女儿Cathy得了 厌食症的并发症. |
[27:01] | Claire. | Claire. |
[27:02] | You really thought that that after school special “O.C.” crap was going to work on me? | 你还真觉得那些<橘子郡男孩>那样的狗屁 课外学生剧的情节能让我感动啊? |
[27:06] | – Cookie? – That girl has what you have. | – 小甜饼要不? – 那个女孩得了你得的病. |
[27:09] | No, she doesn’t. | 没,她没有. |
[27:10] | – A true pro-ana wouldn’t fail like that. – Are you serious? | – 一个真正的支持厌食者不会那么失败. – 你说真的? |
[27:13] | – Chips? – Stop offering me food. | – 薯条? – 别再跟我提吃的. |
[27:16] | What the hell is going on here? | 这儿到底发生什么了? |
[27:18] | My mother and Mr. Crane are trying to scare me by showing me a girl who’s dying. | 我妈和Crane先生想给我 看个要死的姑娘来吓我. |
[27:22] | You’re going to die, Claire. | 你也会饿死的, Claire. |
[27:24] | Can’t you get that? You’re going to die. | 你不明白吗? 你会死的. |
[27:26] | You had the nerve to call my client down here | 你竟敢打电话 把我当事人叫到这里来 |
[27:28] | and show her that without my knowledge? | 在我不知道的情况下 把那些给她看? |
[27:29] | This is outrageous. | 真是疯了. |
[27:31] | I’ll notify the court. I’ll notify the BAR. | 我要告诉法庭. 我还要告诉律师协会. |
[27:33] | Congratulations, you’ve just lost your daughter. | 恭喜你, 你刚失去了你的女儿. |
[27:47] | Oh, Alan. | 哦, Alan. |
[27:48] | Sophia, hello. | Sophia,你好. |
[27:53] | Come in. | 进来. |
[27:54] | Can I ask you, um… | 我能问下你,恩… |
[27:57] | Is Denny Crane any good? | Denny Crane真的厉害吗? |
[28:00] | Why do you ask me that? | 你干吗那么问? |
[28:01] | Well, he’s been a bit of a clown in court, | 恩,他在法庭上有点像个小丑, |
[28:04] | and he orchestrated this ridiculous stunt at a hospital. | 而且他排演好在医院的 那个笨剧情. |
[28:08] | And I’m gonna… | 而我现在又要… |
[28:11] | I am gonna lose my daughter. | 我又要失去我的女儿了. |
[28:14] | Is there any way you could take over? | 你能想办法转接这个案子么? |
[28:17] | Ooh, that would be… | 哦,那样的话… |
[28:19] | I’m not sure Denny Crane knows what he’s doing. | 我不肯定 Denny Crane 知道他在做什么. |
[28:23] | Sophia, what’s going on? | Sophia, 怎么了? |
[28:26] | Sophia and I were just discussing the case, Denny. | Sophia 和我只是在 讨论下这个案子, Denny. |
[28:29] | She mentioned your creative stunt at the hospital this morning. | 她提到了您今天早上 在医院的创意性表演. |
[28:32] | Brilliant. | 很精彩. |
[28:34] | I just finished my closing. Would you like to read it? | 我刚写完我的结案陈词. 你想看看么? |
[28:37] | Sure. | 当然好. |
[28:38] | My office. | 到我办公室去. |
[28:45] | I’m gonna have to hire somebody else. | 我得雇个另外的人. |
[28:46] | Don’t do anything yet, Sophia. Let me work on this. | 现在不要轻举妄动, Sophia. 让我来弄这些. |
[29:00] | This is a situation that touches two deep emotional chords in all of us. | 这个案子是那种让所有人 两面担心的情况. |
[29:05] | The sanctity of the family on the one hand, | 一方面是作为家庭的 不可破坏性, |
[29:08] | the distaste we feel for hatemongering on the other. | 另一方面是我们对于 彼此煽动仇恨的厌恶 |
[29:12] | But the law is clear. | 但是法律很清楚. |
[29:14] | Mr. and Mrs. Tanner may be questionable as human beings | Tanner先生和夫人也许作为 人类该质疑 |
[29:17] | but they are loving parents. | 但是他们是有爱心的父母. |
[29:21] | The petitioner’s motion for removal is denied. | 提议者要求变更监护权 的动议被否决. |
[29:35] | # Michael, row the boat ashore, hallelujah. # | # Michael,把船停上岸吧, 哈利路亚. # |
[29:40] | # Michael, row… # | # Michael, 把船… # |
[29:41] | Michael was a gay Jew from Mexico. You know that, of course. | Michael是个从墨西哥来的同性恋犹太人. 你肯定是知道的吧. |
[29:45] | Let’s go, girls. | 我们走吧,女孩们. |
[29:55] | Just let me lead, and then you follow. | 我主导. 你们后面帮着. |
[29:57] | I’ll lead. It’s my case. I took it. | 我要主导.这是我的案子. 这是我接的. |
[29:59] | She took it. | 她接的. |
[30:00] | Under my supervision as partner. | 在我作为合伙人的监督下. |
[30:02] | Guys, you’re both partners. I’m not. | 伙计们,你们俩都是合伙人, 我不是. |
[30:04] | So why am I the only one acting like an adult? | 那为什么我是 唯一像个成年人的那个? |
[30:06] | Okay, let me just say something before we go in here. | 好吧,我们进去前先说明下. |
[30:08] | I have tried to have patience with him, | 我已经尝试和他合作, |
[30:10] | but I feel like I’m fighting a losing battle. | 但是我觉得我在和个必输案子搏斗 |
[30:11] | You ever win any battles, Brad? | 你以前打赢过一次吗, Brad? |
[30:13] | Okay, let’s go in. | 好吧,我们进去吧 |
[30:16] | Good morning, thank you for agreeing to see us. | 早上好,谢谢你同意见我们. |
[30:18] | I am Denise Bauer. This is Brad Chase and… | 我是Denise Bauer. 这位是Brad Chase而… |
[30:20] | I’m Jeffrey Coho. | 我是Jeffrey Coho. |
[30:21] | I know how busy you are, so I thought we’d cut right to it. | 我知道你有多忙, 所以我想我们应当切入要点. |
[30:23] | We represent a woman by the name of Annabelle Caruthers whose husband was regrettably killed | 我们代理一个叫Annabelle Caruthers 的女人,她丈夫很悲痛地 |
[30:26] | after being struck by lightning while talking on a cell phone | 在用手机聊天的时候被雷击中 而死亡了. |
[30:28] | manufactured by your client Cybus Technologies. | 而那手机是由您当事人Cybus科技公司 开发的产品. |
[30:31] | Yes. | 是的. |
[30:32] | Why don’t you cut right to the part where we should be held liable? | 你为什么不直说我们 对于哪部分担责? |
[30:34] | – Certainly… – You see, when lightning strikes, | – 是啊… – 听着,当雷电一闪的时候呢, |
[30:36] | the human skin offers some protection, significant, in fact. | 人的皮肤会产生某种保护物质, 很重要的,实际上. |
[30:39] | What happens is electricity is conducted over the skin rather than through the body. | 那些有电的东西会通过表面皮肤 而不是穿过身体 |
[30:42] | It’s a phenomenon know as flashover. | 这个现象被称为 我们知道的 跳火. |
[30:44] | Conductive material in direct contact with the skin, | 而和皮肤有直接接触 的一切附加物质 |
[30:46] | especially something metallic such as a mobile phone, | 特别是像手机那样的金属类 |
[30:48] | can negate the flashover effect, | 会加害于跳火作用, |
[30:50] | cause the voltage to go right through the body. | 造成人电力流满人体. |
[30:52] | We’ve brought three studies that speak to liability. | 我们拿了三个调查例子 来表明如何你们要担责. |
[30:55] | As for the issue of foresee-ability, there have been other cases. | 对于可预见的义务, 还有其他的案子支持. |
[30:57] | In Australia, they now issue warnings. | 在澳大利亚,他们 写好了注意标示的. |
[30:59] | England is considering doing so. | 英国也在考虑如此. |
[31:01] | The fact is using a cell phone in a thunderstorm is potentially lethal. | 事实是在暴风雨中用手机 会导致潜在的致亡因素. |
[31:05] | And can result in death. | 而且会导致死亡. |
[31:07] | It resulted in the death of our client’s husband. | 这悲剧就发生在我当事人的身上. |
[31:09] | Look, you’re gonna have your experts. We’ll have ours. | 听着,你会找你的技术人员. 我们也会找我们的. |
[31:11] | But in the meantime, the cost of negative publicity alone… | 但是与此同时, 就仅仅是公开造成的影响的花费… |
[31:13] | Not to mention, of the billions of dollars generated from cell phone usage, | 更别提,就手机使用上赚的 上十亿的资产 |
[31:16] | hundreds of millions come from people talking on the outside in inclement weather. | 就有人们在恶劣气候下继续聊天 所得来的几亿的收入 |
[31:19] | You don’t want people putting their cell phones away during storms, do you? | 你不希望人们在暴风雨天气下 把他们手机收起来不是? |
[32:02] | You should both be embarrassed, for God’s sake. | 你们都应该觉得羞耻, 看在老天的份上. |
[32:06] | Do you have anything to say for yourself? | 你对自己不想说点什么么? |
[32:09] | – I won. – You did not. | – 我赢了. – 你没有. |
[32:10] | Oh, shut up, both of you! | 哦,闭嘴,你们俩! |
[32:12] | God! | 天! |
[32:13] | Obviously I have to keep you apart, | 很显然我要把你们分开, |
[32:16] | since you lack the maturity to conduct yourselves as adults. | 因为你们没有能力把自己当成年人 那样成熟来待. |
[32:21] | We got an offer. | 他们给了我们个邀请. |
[32:23] | What do you mean, you got an offer? | 你说,有个邀请 是什么意思? |
[32:24] | $75,000. Its not a lot, but as far as a lightning-bolt case goes… | $75,000.并不是很多, 但是作为一个被雷霹的案子来说… |
[32:28] | – Told you I’d get something. – I got it. | – 说了我能拿到点的. – 是我拿到的. |
[32:30] | Shut up! | 闭嘴! |
[32:42] | Who’s this? | 这是谁? |
[32:43] | I’m Alan Shore. Mr. Crane was unexpectedly called to court. | 我是Alan Shore.Crane先生被 法庭临时传唤了. |
[32:47] | I’m filling in. I’ll make this very brief. | 我来代替他的. 我们把一切化简吧. |
[32:51] | – What’s this? – This would be an arrest warrant. | – 这是什么? – 这可能是张逮捕令. |
[32:54] | Don’t be concerned. | 别担心. |
[32:55] | They won’t execute it unless I give them the word. | 如果我不发话 他们是不会执行的. |
[32:57] | An arrest warrant for whom? | 对谁的逮捕令? |
[32:59] | You. | 你. |
[33:00] | – Me? – Yes, Ms. Wilson. | – 我? – 是的,Wilson小姐. |
[33:02] | It turns out your web site gives other teenagers’ advice on | 我们发现你的网站给了 其他十几岁的孩子建议 |
[33:06] | how to acquire diet pills with or without a prescription. | 关于怎样在医嘱或无医嘱下 开减肥药丸. |
[33:10] | That’s not against the law. | 这又不犯法. |
[33:11] | It is if she is contributing to the delinquency of a minor. | 但是她对未成年人这样 可就犯法了. |
[33:13] | You’ve got all kinds of little tips in there | 你把一切小手段都写的很详细 |
[33:15] | that could expose you to both criminal and civil liability. | 会让你会受到刑法和 民法双面的追究. |
[33:19] | What’s going on? I could actually be arrested? | 到底怎么了? 我真会被抓吗? |
[33:21] | I can make this go away. Do not worry. | 我能把这拿下. 别担心哦. |
[33:23] | Yes, you can certainly have your day in court, | 当然,你会在法庭好好表现, |
[33:26] | possibly prevail, though I doubt it. | 也许能赢,但是我很怀疑. |
[33:29] | And in the meantime, | 而且与此同时, |
[33:30] | word of your arrest will undoubtedly make it to the modeling agencies, | 对于你的被捕事实当然地也会 被传达到模特机构, |
[33:34] | and there goes your livelihood. A scandalous scandal. | 然后就是你的一生. 一个丑闻样的丑闻. |
[33:37] | And then the civil lawsuits can begin. | 然后民事官司就会开始. |
[33:39] | Will you be representing her for free in those, Ms. Ford? | Ford小姐,对于她以后的这些案子 你都还能免费代理吗? |
[33:46] | My suggestion would be to go to rehab and get the help you need. | 我的建议是你去康复中心 找个人帮你治疗. |
[33:49] | But I suppose you could go to jail | 但是我想你也许能去监狱里 |
[33:51] | and add two new photos to your portfolio, front and side. | 在你的简历上加两张照片 正面照侧面照 (翻译P.S:给收监的人都要这么照的) |
[33:58] | This is so pathetically desperate. | 真是可悲的绝望. |
[34:00] | Well, finally we agree on something. | 恩,最终我们总算是有共识的了. |
[34:02] | I’m desperate. | 我绝望了. |
[34:07] | How about the lawyer’s leave? | 律师都走开怎样? |
[34:10] | And you can have a conversation with your mother. | 然后你和你妈妈好好谈谈. |
[35:37] | This isn’t exactly the image I had in my mind, | 这可不是我最开始 所想的形象啊, |
[35:41] | but I’m still aroused. | 但是我仍然觉得被鼓励了. |
[35:43] | I’m glad to hear it. | 听你这么说很高兴. |
[35:44] | Maybe I could throw my costume on, | 也许我们都该卸下外套, |
[35:47] | and we could go do what rabbits like to do best. | 然后像兔子一样做 它们应该做的事. |
[35:49] | – Don’t make me hit you. – Hit me? | – 别让我打你. – 打你? |
[35:52] | You wouldn’t be standing under mistletoe unless you wanted to kiss me. | 如果你不想吻我的话 是不会站在槲寄生下的. |
[35:55] | I’m not standing under… | 我没有站在… |
[35:57] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[36:00] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[36:07] | Okay! The slobber you just got came from his mouth. | 好的! 你嘴里的龙虾 是从他嘴里来的. |
[36:12] | Quite the party, I see. | 果然是好晚会,我明白了. |
[36:14] | – I assume I was invited. – It goes without saying. | – 我觉得我是被邀请了的. – 那还用说. |
[36:17] | Which is why it did. | 这是为什么你来啊. |
[36:19] | Dance, Denny? | 跳舞吗, Denny? |
[36:20] | She made it sound like I have a choice. | 她说的好象我可以选择一样. |
[36:25] | That leaves you and me. | 这样就剩下我和你啦. |
[36:26] | And him. | 还有他. |
[36:29] | – Jerry? – Merry Christmas, my friend. | – 圣诞快乐,我的朋友. – Jerry? |
[36:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢你. |
[36:35] | – Open it. – Okay. | – 打开吧. – 好的. |
[36:39] | I paint. | 我画的. |
[36:40] | One of my hobbies is to supplant the faces of people | 我的爱好之一就是 拼凑我喜欢的人的脸孔 |
[36:42] | I care about on famous personalities that match up well. | 和著名人物和谐地放在一起. |
[36:46] | I see. | 我明白了. |
[36:50] | Oh. Jerry… | 哦. Jerry… |
[36:54] | It’s amazing. | 这太神奇了. |
[36:58] | – Wow. – Do you like it? | – 哇. – 你喜欢吗? |
[37:00] | I love it. | 我爱它. |
[37:23] | I guess we should work this out. | 我觉得我们应该好好解决下. |
[37:25] | Does it have to be tonight? | 非要今天晚上吗? |
[37:26] | Well, it is the season. | 恩,是这个假日嘛. |
[37:28] | Peace on Earth, good will toward men. | 世界和平,人会有好的许愿. |
[37:30] | What was that? | 你说什么? |
[37:32] | – Good will toward men? – No right before that. | – 人会有好的许愿? – 不是,前面一句. |
[37:35] | Peace on Earth? | 世界和平? |
[37:37] | I knew it. | 我就知道. |
[37:39] | A liberal. | 你个自由党人. |
[37:54] | Aren’t you coming out to join the party? | 你不过来参加派对吗? |
[37:57] | Maybe in a minute. | 也许过会吧. |
[37:59] | Well, I have somebody who wants to say hello to you. | 哦,我有个想和你打招呼的人. |
[38:04] | I just want to thank you. | 我只是想谢谢你. |
[38:06] | I was told you were the one who came up with the idea to sue the phone company. | 有人告诉我你是那个想出 诉手机公司的主意的人 |
[38:11] | And $75,000, that’s a lot of money to me. | 而且拿到了$75,000, 对我来讲那是很多钱. |
[38:15] | And, um, I just want to thank you. | 而且,恩,我就是想来谢谢你的. |
[38:18] | Okay. | 好的. |
[38:21] | He’s cute. | 他真可爱. |
[38:23] | Yes, he is. | 没错,是的. |
[38:29] | You pass the BAR, Clarence? | 你通过了律师资格考试, Clarence? |
[38:31] | Yes, but I could never practice. | 是的,但是我从未上庭过. |
[38:33] | Why not? | 为什么不? |
[38:34] | I… I could never. | 我… 我永远不可能的啦. |
[38:39] | I think we’re gonna work on that. | 我觉得我们能解决这问题的. |
[39:09] | Handicapped. | 残疾人来啦. |
[39:10] | – Excuse me. – Coming through. | – 不好意思. – 借过. |
[39:12] | Out of my way! | 别挡着路! |
[39:14] | Handicapped. | 残疾人来啦. |
[39:44] | We had our first three-way tonight. | 我们今天晚上第一次”三人行”了. |
[39:46] | I’m not sure that Shirley enjoyed it as much as we did. | 我不肯定Shirley是否 和我们一样享受. |
[39:53] | It was fabulous for me. | 对我来说很不错. |
[39:57] | She didn’t quite taste the same as I remember. | 她和我过去尝的滋味不太一样. |
[40:00] | She tasted more like… | 他尝起来像… |
[40:02] | Me. That was my slobber, Denny. | 我.那是我的龙虾, Denny. |
[40:05] | We finally exchanged bodily fluids. | 我们终于交换了体液. |
[40:14] | Did I tell you my case worked out? | 我最后告诉你了 我那案子已经解决了吗? |
[40:17] | Sophia’s daughter decided to come home after all. | Sophia的女儿最终 决定还是回家了. |
[40:21] | Fantastic. | 太好了. |
[40:22] | Got a call from the clerk’s office to come to court for the summations. | 从书记员那里接到一个 去法院拿意见书的电话. |
[40:26] | Turns out it was a mistake. | 最终发现是人误传了. |
[40:28] | And, uh, by the time I got back, | 而且,恩,我回来以前, |
[40:30] | Sophia was on the phone with the good news. | Sophia 就电话告诉我好消息了. |
[40:33] | Well, you must’ve somehow reached the girl, Denny. | 恩,你肯定有些 地方打动了那女孩, Denny. |
[40:35] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你. |
[40:38] | Of course, the warrant didn’t hurt. | 当然,弄个逮捕令 又不要紧的. |
[40:44] | I may miss a lot, Alan, | 我也许错过了很多, Alan, |
[40:47] | but I don’t miss everything. | 但是我没有什么都错过. |
[40:53] | I just… | 我只是… |
[40:56] | came up with the idea | 冒出一个想法. |
[40:59] | and I thought you’d object to any kind of assistance. | 而且我觉得你肯定 在其中需要一些辅助作用. |
[41:02] | So you decided to keep the truth from me? | 所以你决定对我隐瞒真相? |
[41:07] | Sophia came to you. | Sophia 来找过你了. |
[41:10] | She didn’t trust that I was winning. | 她不相信我能赢. |
[41:14] | But I was, Alan. | 但是我赢了, Alan. |
[41:19] | I believe you. | 我相信你. |
[41:20] | I’m not sure you do. | 我不肯定你相信我. |
[41:22] | But I know your heart’s in the right place. | 但是我知道你的心是真诚的. |
[41:28] | And how can I be mad at anyone who can get Shirley to dress like a rabbit? | 而我又怎能对一个让Shirley穿成 兔子样的人发狂呢? |
[41:37] | She is a goddess, isn’t she? | 她是个女神,不是吗? |
[41:39] | Oh, boy. | 哦,天. |
[41:49] | Denny, maybe for Christmas… | Denny,也许就在圣诞节… |
[41:50] | You can’t have her. | 你不能拥有她. |
[41:54] | – How about… – No! | – 如果… – 不行! |
[41:59] | Well, Merry Christmas just the same, my friend. | 恩,还是祝福你圣诞快乐, 我的朋友. |
[42:03] | Merry Christmas. | 圣诞快乐. |