时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on ‘Boston legal’ | “波士顿法律”前集回顾 |
[00:01] | Jerry said you were worried you might have done this. | Jerry说你可能担心自己杀了她. |
[00:04] | I experienced some kind of a blackout. | 我感受到了一阵子的记忆中断. |
[00:06] | We need to change our plea. | 我们要换个诉讼方式. |
[00:07] | No, no, no, no, no, no! | 不,不,不,不,不,不! |
[00:09] | She’s insane. | 她疯掉了. |
[00:10] | What do you think Mrs. Wilkes loved most about you? | 您觉得Wilkes夫人最爱您哪点呢? |
[00:13] | I made her laugh. | 我让她开怀大笑过. |
[00:14] | You made her laugh. | 你 让她开怀大笑过. |
[00:15] | I’m funny. | 我很风趣. |
[00:15] | Were you obsessed with Marcia Hooper? | 你迷恋过Marcia Hooper吗? |
[00:17] | I adored her. | 我爱慕过她. |
[00:18] | Why’d she get a restraining order against you? | 那她为什么要对你申请了禁令? |
[00:20] | What do I have to do, kill somebody? | 那我要怎么做,杀个人试下? |
[00:22] | Oops. I didn’t see you there. | 哦.我没看见你在这儿. |
[00:24] | What are you doing, Lincoln? | 你在做什么, Lincoln? |
[00:26] | Shirley Schmidt. Tonight’s date is with me after all, Shirley Schmidt. | 今晚的约会您最终还是要和我一起的, |
[00:39] | The latest report is that Ms. Jane is conscious. | 最新的报道是Jane小姐还在昏迷不醒中 |
[00:42] | She will survive. | 她已经脱离危险了. |
[00:44] | Police are not commenting on whether she was able to provide | 警方不敢保证她能提供关于 |
[00:46] | any information on her assailant… | 攻击她的凶手的任何消息… |
[00:48] | Denny… | Denny… |
[00:49] | Can you believe it? Somebody actually tried to take her out. | 你能想象么? 还真有人想做了她. |
[00:51] | Have you seen Shirley? | 你看见Shirley了吗? |
[00:53] | Naked? | 没穿衣服的? |
[00:54] | Lately. | 最近的. |
[00:55] | She hasn’t come in. She’s not answering her calls. | 她没来上班.她也没接电话. |
[00:58] | She’s, uh, just disappeared. | 她,恩,就这么消失了一样. |
[01:05] | Christmas, Christmas time is near | 圣诞,圣诞节日就来到来 |
[01:09] | Time for toys | 玩具的季节 |
[01:11] | And time for cheer | 欢乐的季节 |
[01:14] | We’ve been good but we can’t last | 我们一直做好人但是快受不了啦 |
[01:18] | Hurry, Christmas, hurry fast | 快点,圣诞节快点来. |
[01:29] | Would you like to scream? | 你想要尖叫下吗? |
[01:30] | It’s okay. The room is completely soundproof. | 不要紧的.这间房是完全隔音的. |
[01:33] | It’s my little safe room. | 这是我的小小安全所. |
[01:35] | Listen, if I agreed not to press charges… | 听着,如果我答应不提任何指控… |
[01:37] | Do you think I’m stupid? | 你以为我是傻子啊? |
[01:40] | Certainly twisted. | 肯定也不正常. |
[01:42] | The police would press charges regardless of your wishes, | 控方无论你们的意愿怎样都会起诉, |
[01:46] | and besides, this is the room where the only relevant wishes are mine. | 而且还有一点,这间房子是 唯一一个只有顺我意愿行事的地方. |
[01:53] | From the first moment I saw you, do you know what I wanted to do? | 我第一次看到你的时候, 你知道我想做什么吗? |
[01:58] | Pave my driveway? | 给我铺车道? |
[01:59] | I wanted to suck on your right earlobe. | 我想吻您的右耳垂. |
[02:02] | I’m sure people tell you you have soft, supple lobes. | 我相信人们告诉过你有着柔软,顺迎的耳垂. |
[02:07] | It gets old. | 它也老啦. |
[02:09] | Is mocking me really an exercise of your most sound judgment, Shirley? | 嘲笑我真的是你最好的评判练习么, Shirley? |
[02:14] | After all, I do have in my possession a loaded firearm. | 不管怎样,我手上还是有个冒火的家伙. |
[02:18] | Let alone a ukulele. | 还有个四弦琴. |
[02:19] | I might do you harm, Shirley Schmidt. | 我可以伤害你啊, Shirley Schmidt. |
[02:21] | Do you not think I will? | 你觉得我会吗? |
[02:23] | Lincoln, | Lincoln, |
[02:25] | suck my lobe. | 吻我的耳垂好了. |
[03:01] | I’m just saying, as circumstantial cases go, | 我只是说说,就看情况而言, |
[03:03] | it’s a strong one. | 这个案子很牢固. |
[03:05] | Erica, there’s no evidence of anybody else being there but you. | Erica, 除了你以外没有其他证据显示 还有人在那里过. |
[03:10] | What about her husband? | 她丈夫呢? |
[03:11] | He was there. The cameras clearly show him. | 他去过那里.监视器显然能表明. |
[03:14] | The video also shows him | 监视器同样也表明 |
[03:16] | leaving the apartment building four minutes after entering. | 他进去公寓 四分钟后就离开了. |
[03:19] | Erica… | Erica… |
[03:22] | it’s not too late to amend our plea. | 现在修改诉求还不晚. |
[03:27] | You think I’m insane, don’t you? | 你觉得我是疯子,不是吗? |
[03:28] | Well, there’s the 2-hour blackout… | 恩,有两小时的记忆中断… |
[03:30] | Caused by trauma. | 因为大脑损伤引起的. |
[03:32] | You hear voices. | 你听到过声音. |
[03:33] | No, no, no! | 不,不,不! |
[03:34] | – You snap. – Hey! | – 你睡过去了. – 嘿! |
[03:36] | Case in point. | 案子就成了. |
[03:40] | I see what you’re doing. | 我明白你在干吗了. |
[03:42] | You’re deliberately antagonizing me to see how I’ll respond on cross. | 你是故意激怒我来看看 我应付盘问怎么样的. |
[03:47] | Actually, that wasn’t it. | 其实,并不是这样的. |
[03:49] | A little help, Jerry. | 帮忙说几句, Jerry. |
[03:54] | Erica, we really need to consider insanity. | Erica, 我们真的要考虑下”精神错乱” 这个理由. |
[03:58] | The evidence, we feel, excludes suicide. | 证据来说,我们觉得,排除自杀后. |
[04:01] | The only one there was you. | 唯一嫌疑就是你了. |
[04:03] | We need to at least consider a diminished capacity plea, | 我们至少也要想想更有胜算的诉讼请求吧, |
[04:06] | if for no other reason than to give us some plea-bargaining leverage. | 这样也无非是想让我们 在诉讼请求交涉上争取点时间 |
[04:13] | Let’s hug for luck. | 我们抱下祝彼此好运吧. |
[04:27] | I know you two will take care of me. | 我知道你们两位会照顾好我的. |
[04:38] | – Any thoughts? – None. | – 有什么想法么? – 全无. |
[04:50] | Ready? | 准备好了? |
[04:51] | I’m ready. | 准备好了. |
[04:53] | I actually feel… | 其实我觉得很… |
[04:55] | calm. | 平静. |
[04:57] | Of course, I’m medicated but… | 当然,我有吃了药来调节… |
[05:01] | Look at me. | 看看我. |
[05:03] | This is a murder trial, Jerry, a particularly difficult one at that. | 这是个谋杀案, Jerry, 尤其就此而言还是个很难的案子, |
[05:07] | – If at any time you feel… – Why? | – 如果你一旦觉得需要… – 为什么? |
[05:10] | Sorry? | 什么? |
[05:11] | Why is it a particularly difficult one? | 为什么这尤其是个很难的案子? |
[05:13] | Well, surely you’ve considered our client may be guilty. | 恩,当然也许你考虑过你的当事人 可能有罪吧. |
[05:17] | I don’t believe that. She’s innocent, Alan. | 我不相信.她是清白的, Alan. |
[05:20] | I’m gonna win this trial. | 我会赢这个案子的. |
[05:34] | Everything all right, Denny? | 一切都还好吗, Denny? |
[05:36] | I’m depressed. | 我很没劲. |
[05:38] | Okay. | 好吧. |
[05:40] | Why? | 怎么了? |
[05:41] | My murder case went away. | 我的谋杀案子跑了. |
[05:43] | You’ve still got yours. It just doesn’t seem fair. | 你的案子还没跑,看起来真不公平. |
[05:45] | Nutty Lincoln didn’t whack the judge? | 疯子Lincoln没敲死那个法官? |
[05:47] | I need a case, Alan. | 我要个案子, Alan. |
[05:48] | You’ll get a case. | 你会有案子的. |
[05:50] | This country has the most homicides of any western industrialized nation. | 这个国家有比任何西方工业国家都多的杀人犯. |
[05:54] | Even so… | 就算如此… |
[05:55] | 16,000 a year, Denny. | 每年有16,000人, Denny. |
[05:57] | That’s about five times the amount of American soldiers killed in Iraq. | 这是在伊拉克被杀的美国兵数量的五倍. |
[06:02] | Sooner or later, | 不久, |
[06:03] | one of these slaughters is gonna end up in your lap. | 这其中的一个杀人犯就会来抱您的大腿. |
[06:06] | Chin up! | 扬起头来! |
[06:11] | What do you mean that she’s missing? | 你说她失踪了是什么意思? |
[06:13] | Nobody’s seen her since the night before last. | 前天晚上以后就没人看过她了. |
[06:15] | Did she cancel the dinner? | 她取消了晚宴吗? |
[06:17] | No, she just didn’t show up. | 没,她连面都没露个. |
[06:18] | Have we thought about calling her family? | 我们要不要考虑打电话给她家? |
[06:20] | I think it’s time we started doing that. | 我觉得我们现在还不要这么做. |
[06:21] | Let’s try not to alarm them. | 我们尽量不要让他们惊恐. |
[06:23] | Are we really sure she’s missing? | 我们真肯定她是失踪了吗? |
[06:25] | Sometimes old people just slip off to have some work done. | 有时候老人家只是喜欢抽出身去做点事情. |
[06:28] | It may be premature, but I’m gonna call the police. | 也许不是很成熟的想法, 但是我想打电话给警察局. |
[06:32] | – We feel this was a staged suicide. – Why? | – 我们觉得这是有预谋的自杀. – 为什么? |
[06:34] | Well, there were rope burns on the victim’s wrists | 恩,在受害者的手腕上有缠绕着的线 |
[06:36] | indicating that she had been tied up. | 暗示着她曾经被绑起来过. |
[06:37] | There was an aborted 911 call from the apartment. | 从公寓里有个撂了的911报警电话. |
[06:39] | People don’t generally call 911 before they hang themselves. | 人们一般在自杀前是不会打911报警的. |
[06:43] | Who made this call? | 谁打这个电话的? |
[06:44] | Nobody spoke. It was just a hang-up. | 没有人说话,电话就撂了. |
[06:46] | We know the call came from the victim’s apartment. | 我们知道着电话是从受害人的公寓里打来的. |
[06:48] | Detective, what leads you to believe the defendant committed this crime? | 探长,您是怎么知道被告进行了这样的罪行呢? |
[06:52] | She claims she walked in to discover the dead body. | 她说她进来后发现了尸体. |
[06:55] | Well, if so, then why did she wait two hours before calling anybody? | 恩,如果真是这样, 那她为什么在两小时候才找人呢? |
[06:58] | What else? | 还有呢? |
[06:59] | Her fingerprints were found all over the place. | 房子到处都是她的指纹. |
[07:01] | The fibers of the rope used to tie the victim up | 缠着受害人的手的 绳子上的纤维 |
[07:03] | were found on the defendant’s clothing. | 在被告的衣服上发现了. |
[07:04] | Would she have a motive? | 她有什么动机吗? |
[07:06] | She and the victim were lovers. | 她和受害者以前是爱人. |
[07:07] | She had recently been dumped for another woman. | 她最近因为另一个女人被她甩了. |
[07:09] | We accounted for every person entering that apartment building. | 我们计算过那天进入公寓的每一个人. |
[07:13] | She’s the only one who could have conceivably committed this murder. | 她是里面唯一能确信 导致了这次谋杀的凶手. |
[07:17] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你,先生. |
[07:24] | Jerry… | Jerry… |
[07:26] | This would be your time. | 现在轮你上场啦. |
[07:48] | The surveillance cameras indicate | 监视器显示 |
[07:49] | the husband went to the victim’s apartment that morning, did they not? | 哪天早上她丈夫也去过公寓,不是吗? |
[07:51] | There’s no way he could have gone in, | 但是他进去后, |
[07:53] | rigged a noose and hung her that quickly. | 没可能捆好她再把她吊起来. |
[07:54] | Your testimony is it’s impossible? | 你证词是说这完全不可能吗? |
[07:57] | Extremely unlikely. | 极度不像. |
[07:58] | You mentioned there were no other fingerprints at the scene | 你提到当场没有其他指纹 |
[08:00] | to suggest the husband or anybody else being present. | 来证明那丈夫和其他人去过现场. |
[08:03] | In your experience, have you ever known killers to wear gloves? | 就你经验而言,你不知道 杀手一般都带手套做案的吗? |
[08:06] | – Yes, but… – Thank you. | – 是的,但是… – 谢谢. |
[08:07] | The building has a rear entrance, which is not monitored by cameras. | 那栋楼有个罕见的进口处, 是监视器照不到的. |
[08:10] | Am I correct? | 我说的对吗? |
[08:11] | – Yes, a service entrance. – Thank you. | – 是的,一个备用进口处. – 谢谢. |
[08:12] | As far as the people who reside in the apartment building, | 就住在那房子里的所有居民来讲, |
[08:15] | you have no way of monitoring or accounting for their activity in the complex, do you? | 你没有办法监视和计量 他们所有人的行径,不是吗? |
[08:19] | – No, but we interviewed almost… – Thank you. | – 不,但是我们几乎和所有人谈话过… – 谢谢. |
[08:20] | You mentioned motive. Did you consider a financial motive? | 你谈论了动机. 你考虑过财政方面的动机么? |
[08:23] | We did. | 我们考虑过. |
[08:24] | Mrs. Wilkes left an estate valued at roughly $600,000. | Wilkes夫人留下的遗产 大约估价为$600,000. |
[08:27] | Who gets that money upon her death, if you know? | 如果你知道的话,说下 她死后谁会得到那笔钱? |
[08:29] | I’m informed it’s her girlfriend Renee Winger. | 我被告知是她女友Renee Winger. |
[08:31] | Ah, yes, the new girlfriend, that… | 啊,是的,那位新女友,那位… |
[08:37] | that… | 那位… |
[08:40] | that woman sitting right there. She inherits. | 那边坐着的那位女士. 她会继承. |
[08:44] | Can we be positive | 我们能肯定 |
[08:45] | she did not go into the building through the service entrance… | 她没有通过备用进入口 进入到房子里… |
[08:48] | If she had gone into the apartment, | 如果她进入了公寓, |
[08:49] | your client would have been there at the time. | 你的当事人那时候也在那里了. |
[08:51] | Unless Ms. Winger went in before my client returned from her hike. | 除非Winger小姐在 我当事人郊游回来前就进来了. |
[08:53] | Then why would your client wait two hours to call you, if… | 那你的当事人为什么两小时后才打 电话给你呢,除非是… |
[08:56] | ‘Cause she suffered a traumatic blackout | ‘因为她脑部损伤导致记忆空白 |
[08:57] | which led her into a catatonic stupor and… | 使她进入神经患者的昏迷阶段… |
[08:59] | – Objection! – Sustained. | – 反对! – 反对有效. |
[09:00] | You connected fibers from the ropes used to tie the victim’s hands to my client’s clothes. | 你在我当事人衣服上找到了 缠在受害者手上的绳子纤维. |
[09:03] | Any fibers from the robe used to hang the victim traceable to my client? | 在我当事人身上还找到了 任何吊起受害者的绳子的纤维吗? |
[09:07] | – No. – Thank you. | – 没有. – 谢谢. |
[09:08] | Going back to motive, in addition to the will, | 回到动机上,再说下遗嘱, |
[09:11] | is there a million-dollar life insurance policy in play here? | 还有个百万美圆的生命保险不是吗? |
[09:14] | Yes, there is. | 是的,没错. |
[09:15] | – Who is the beneficiary there? – The husband. | – 谁是受益人? – 那个丈夫. |
[09:17] | So we have two people with financial motive, | 所以这么看我们有两个 有财政方面存在动机的人, |
[09:20] | neither being my client. | 都不是我的当事人. |
[09:36] | It takes more than a stiff whack on the head to keep me down, folks. | 伙计们,放倒我的可 是一次强硬的头脑敲击. |
[09:41] | Trust me, I get hit harder during sex. | 相信我,我ML时有比这个撞得更猛的 |
[09:44] | I’m only sorry this creepo didn’t have at me with a shovel during Sweeps. | 我只是庆幸那个变态 没有用雪铲来敲我. |
[09:50] | I knew I should have plunked her a second time. | 我就知道我当时该再敲她一下. |
[09:53] | I just knew it. | 我就知道. |
[09:54] | Are you telling me you’re the one who assaulted her? | 你是想告诉我你 就是那个想杀她的? |
[09:57] | I say that in confidence, of course. | 我非常自信的告诉你,是的. |
[10:00] | Lincoln, why are you so determined to have people believe you’re dangerous? | Lincoln, 为什么你如此强烈地渴望让 人们来相信你是危险人物? |
[10:05] | You’re not dangerous, are you? | 你不是危险人物,不是吗? |
[10:08] | You don’t think I can be violent? | 我觉得我不会很暴力吗? |
[10:26] | What in god’s name? | 老天啊这是什么? |
[10:28] | This room is my little Waco. | 这个房子是我的小小基地. |
[10:30] | If somebody should try to break in here to rescue you | 如果有人想冲进来救你 |
[10:33] | while this lock is set, | 而这个锁已经设置好了, |
[10:36] | it triggers the spring bow to go off. | 就会引发弹簧弓的发射 |
[10:39] | I bet now you’re convinced I’m sinister. | 我肯定你现在觉得我很险恶了吧. |
[10:44] | Lincoln… | Lincoln… |
[10:46] | what are you doing? | 你在干什么呀? |
[11:01] | My apologies. | 我很抱歉. |
[11:02] | Renee, you’re looking well. | Renee,你看起来气色很好啊. |
[11:04] | I’m glad. It’s a goal. | 我很高兴.我想有个好气色. |
[11:06] | Coping okay with your tragic loss? | 对于您的巨大损失您还安好吧? |
[11:10] | I see you’ve put me on your witness list. | 我看到你把我 放到你的证人名单上了. |
[11:12] | It has me flummoxed. | 这让我很 惶恐. |
[11:14] | I just thought by that point in the trial, | 我只是觉得在法庭上的现状来讲 |
[11:17] | the jury could use a good laugh, and you’re funny! | 陪审团可以好好开心下, 而你又是那么风趣! |
[11:21] | I certainly won’t have anything to say that could help her. | 显然我没有可说的能 帮到她的地方. |
[11:28] | You check local hospitals? | 你审查了本地所有医院吗? |
[11:29] | All of them, and we’ve called family. | 所有的,我们还打电话给她家了. |
[11:31] | And you’re thinking she was abducted? | 而你们觉得她被绑架了? |
[11:33] | I don’t know what to think. | 我不知道该怎么想. |
[11:34] | I want the police to investigate. | 我想让警察来调查. |
[11:37] | It’s too soon to officially declare her a missing person. | 现在宣告她失踪还为时过早. |
[11:39] | It is not like this woman to just fall off the earth. | 这个女人可不会这样就从 地球上消失. |
[11:42] | Russell, something has happened. | Russell, 发生了点事. |
[11:44] | Can I just throw one name out there? | 我能不能说个名字? |
[11:46] | Lincoln Meyer. | Lincoln Meyer. |
[11:47] | Well, who is that? | 哦,那是谁? |
[11:47] | You investigated him in the murder of judge Potts. | 你在Potts法官谋杀案中询问过他. |
[11:49] | We considered him a possible killer of Hooper. | 我们觉得他是Hooper法官的 潜在可能凶手. |
[11:51] | He has a grudge against this law firm, | 他对这个律所有怨念, |
[11:53] | and he’s always talking about his “special relationship” with Shirley. | 而且他总和Shirley 说他的”特别的羁绊”. |
[11:57] | Remember what the shrink said | 记得那个精神病医生说的 |
[11:59] | when we were exploring Lincoln as Marcia Hooper’s killer? | 当我们说Lincoln是Marcia Hooper 的杀手的时候? |
[12:01] | When somebody becomes addicted to being the object of entertainment, | 当一个人开始醉心于 变成闪光灯的中心人物, |
[12:04] | which clearly Lincoln is, | 显然Lincoln是这样, |
[12:07] | they can develop pathological desires, | 他们会产生变态的渴求, |
[12:09] | and eventually, they act on them. | 然后最终,他们会去实施. |
[12:13] | You need to eat. | 你得吃点. |
[12:16] | I told you, I’m not hungry. | 告诉过你,我不饿. |
[12:18] | Here comes the airplane! | 飞机来了! |
[12:20] | Yeah, right. Instead of the plane, | 恩,对,除了飞机, |
[12:21] | why don’t you reach into my purse and get me my cell phone? | 你为什么不从我包里 把手机拿出来? |
[12:24] | Zooming in, getting closer, closer. | 过来啦,更近啦,近啦. |
[12:27] | Getting ready to land. | 准备着陆啦. |
[12:29] | One little bite for daddy. | 就为爹地吃一小口. |
[12:39] | I’m not sure we can be friends after that. | 你这么做我真不敢保证我们还能做朋友. (P.S: 注意Lincoln这个时候像HITLER~=V=) |
[12:49] | When was the last time you spoke to your wife, sir? | 你最后一次和你妻子谈话是 什么时候,先生? |
[12:53] | The day before her death. | 她死的那天前. |
[12:55] | Would you describe her as suicidal? | 你觉得她是自杀吗? |
[12:57] | Absolutely not. | 肯定不是. |
[12:59] | Paula would never have taken her own life. | Paula肯定不会轻生的. |
[13:01] | She’s a devout Catholic. | 她是个虔诚的天主教徒. |
[13:02] | Suicide went firmly against her religious convictions. | 自杀和她的宗教誓言相悖. |
[13:06] | Wouldn’t homosexuality go against her Catholic beliefs? | 同性恋和她的天主教信仰 不也相悖吗? |
[13:10] | Well, yes. | 恩,是的. |
[13:12] | Your wife was being treated for depression, was she not? | 你的妻子曾经接受过精神治疗,不是吗? |
[13:15] | – That is true, but I… – Thank you. | – 是的,但是我… – 谢谢. |
[13:17] | Did you know, Mr. Wilkes, | 你知道么,Wilkes先生, |
[13:19] | that Paula had recently superseded her will to leave everything to that… | Paula最近把她的遗嘱改了 而所有的东西都会归… |
[13:25] | Alan? | Alan? |
[13:28] | That woman? | 那个女人? |
[13:29] | I learned this, yes. | 我知道的,没错. |
[13:30] | Lucky there was a life insurance policy naming you as sole beneficiary. | 很幸运还有个人寿保险 写着你是唯一受益人. |
[13:34] | If you are suggesting that I could harm my wife… | 如果你猜测我可能会伤害我妻子… |
[13:37] | Your business recently filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy. | 你的生意最近按照11章规定而破产. |
[13:43] | Your wife’s death relieves you of a dire financial situation, does it not? | 你妻子的死亡让你 从一次紧急的财政失控中恢复,不是吗? |
[13:48] | Please answer the question, sir. | 请回答问题,先生. |
[13:54] | Whatever evil I may be capable of, Mr. Espenson, | 不管我能做多邪恶的事情, Espenson先生, |
[13:58] | I could never harm another human being, | 我永远不会害别人. |
[14:00] | especially one I spent the better part of 11 years loving. | 尤其是我花了11年深爱过的人. |
[14:04] | Your response implied that you are indeed capable of evil. | 你的回答正好反映了 你能变的很邪恶, |
[14:08] | Could you list six examples, please? | 你能,帮忙列六个例子出来吗? |
[14:20] | You have been truly, truly great, Jerry. | 你真的,真的很棒, Jerry. |
[14:25] | – Really? – You pushed just the right amount. | – 真的吗? – 你一切拿捏得正好. |
[14:28] | You made your point without alienating the jury. | 你在不疏远陪审团的情况下 清晰表达了你的观点 |
[14:32] | Brilliant! | 真明智! |
[14:39] | My feeling is we need to have Erica testify. | 我的感觉是我们需要Erica作证. |
[14:42] | It’s risky, | 是很冒险, |
[14:43] | but I’m not sure we have any other choice. | 但是我肯定我们另无他选. |
[14:46] | Have you considered this aborted 911 call? | 你有想过那个撂了的911电话吗? |
[14:48] | How do we account for that? | 那个我们能指望什么? |
[14:49] | Erica, upon discovering the body, began to call 911, | Erica,发现尸体后,就打了911, |
[14:53] | and that’s when she went into the blackout. | 然后她进入了记忆中断时期. |
[14:55] | That could work. | 这可能管用哦. |
[14:58] | What about Renee? Do we call her? | 那么Renee呢? 我们要传唤她吗? |
[15:01] | I think so. | 我想是的. |
[15:02] | To the extent we want the jury to see her as a potential killer, | 来让陪审团证明她像个潜在的杀手. |
[15:07] | we should expose them to her odd demeanor. | 我们要展示她的奇特风度. |
[15:12] | Okay, first we’ll call Erica, | 好的,首先我们传唤Erica, |
[15:15] | save Renee for last. | 把Renee放最后. |
[15:22] | Is… | 是否… |
[15:25] | Jerry, what’s wrong? | Jerry, 怎么了? |
[15:30] | Nothing. | 没什么. |
[15:32] | Jerry… | Jerry… |
[15:39] | When I was in law school, | 我在法学院读书的时候, |
[15:43] | my dream wasn’t so much the big trial as… | 我也没梦想过接这么大案子… |
[15:47] | well, I guess this… | 恩,我觉得这次… |
[15:52] | Having a drink at the end of the day with co-counsel, | 在一天结束时候 和自己助理律师喝点小酒, |
[15:56] | battle-weary, rehashing the day, | 战胜疲惫,重整心情, |
[16:00] | discussing strategy, | 讨论战术 |
[16:02] | the whole socialization of lawyering that… | 整个律师的社会化生活… |
[16:08] | well, until now, I’ve never experienced. | 恩,就在此刻,我才体味到. |
[16:12] | It’s a rich feeling, whatever it is. | 这是种满足的感觉, 不管怎样. |
[16:18] | It’s called friendship. | 这被称为友谊. |
[16:23] | To friendship, my colleague. | 为友谊干杯,我的同僚. |
[16:26] | Right on my balcony? | 还就在我的阳台上? |
[16:30] | Denny… | Denny… |
[16:32] | it’s not what you think. | 并不是你想的那样的. |
[16:34] | I saw you. | 我看到你了. |
[16:35] | I heard you. | 我听到你说的了. |
[16:37] | We were just talking. | 我们只是谈话罢了. |
[16:46] | Oh, dear. | 哦,天啊. |
[16:50] | Exchanging intimate thoughts? | 交换亲密的想法? |
[16:53] | On my own balcony. | 还就在我的阳台上. |
[16:57] | I never saw it coming. | 我可没预料到. |
[16:59] | Things have been so good between us lately. | 最近我们进展的很好. |
[17:02] | Well, Denny, it doesn’t really sound like he was necessarily being unfaithful. | 恩, Denny, 听起来他并不像 有意背叛你的. |
[17:06] | Of all the times. | 都这么久了. |
[17:08] | I’m feeling vulnerable as it is over my law practice. | 我觉得这就像和我的法律实践一样无力. |
[17:11] | You mean not getting the big cases? | 你是说没拿到大案子? |
[17:14] | Yeah. | 是的. |
[17:16] | I would really encourage you, Denny, | 我真的能鼓励你, Denny, |
[17:18] | to fill this void with something deeper, more meaningful. | 用更深刻,更有意义的 东西来填补空白吧. |
[17:26] | It’s time to come home to Bella. | 是你回归Bella的时候了. |
[17:32] | I don’t know, Bella. | 我不清楚, Bella. |
[17:34] | I’ll let you crawl into my warm spot. | 我会让你回到我温暖的港湾. |
[17:41] | Come home to Bella. | 回到Bella这里吧. |
[17:48] | If he does have her, her life could be in danger. | 如果他真的绑架了她, 她可能有生命危险. |
[17:50] | I realize that, | 我预料到了, |
[17:52] | but I can’t get a warrant just with what you’re telling me. | 但是就你所说的我也拿不到批捕证. |
[17:54] | You could at least pay him a visit. | 你最少可以去看看他啊. |
[17:56] | We could, | 我们是可以, |
[17:57] | but it might be better if you guys did. | 但是如果你们去的话也许更好. |
[18:00] | Us? | 我们? |
[18:00] | Well, if he loves attention as much as you’re saying, | 恩,如果他真和你们说的那样喜欢 受人瞩目, |
[18:03] | then he might invite you in. | 那他也许会邀请你们去的. |
[18:04] | And maybe you could hear or see something | 而且也许你能听到或者看到一些东西 |
[18:06] | I could take to a magistrate and get a search warrant. | 可以让我带个文员过去申请批捕. |
[18:09] | Jeffrey? | Jeffrey? |
[18:10] | He’s not gonna let me in. | 他是不会让我进了. |
[18:11] | I’m Mr. Dirty mouth. | 我是臭嘴巴先生. |
[18:12] | Well, he still likes me. | 恩,他还是满喜欢我的. |
[18:14] | I’ll go. | 我去. |
[18:14] | Oh, now we’re safe. | 哦,现在我们安全了. |
[18:15] | What did you say? | 你说了什么? |
[18:16] | All right! | 好了啦! |
[18:18] | Detective, we found something. | 探长,我们找到了点东西. |
[18:20] | It’s a little sordid. | 有点下流的东西. |
[18:22] | What? | 什么? |
[18:52] | You gotta be kidding. | 这不是真的吧. |
[19:03] | Claire! Braddy boy! What a surprise! | Claire! 男孩Braddy! 真是惊喜啊! |
[19:07] | Hello, Lincoln. | 你好啊, Lincoln. |
[19:08] | Listen, evidently, | 听着,显然的, |
[19:10] | the police are still asking questions about you on the judge Potts murder. | 警察仍然关于Potts法官的谋杀案 对你还有疑问. |
[19:13] | They want another statement, | 他们还想再召见你一次, |
[19:15] | so we thought we’d best have a little conversation. | 所以我觉得我们最好能谈谈. |
[19:17] | Uh, can we come in? | 恩,我们能进来吗? |
[19:18] | Why didn’t you call and have me come into the office? | 你们为什么不打电话给我 让我去你们办公室? |
[19:22] | Well, we thought we’d just head right over. | 恩,我们觉得还是亲自来下比较好. |
[19:26] | I don’t believe you. | 我不相信你们. |
[19:28] | Can we come in, Lincoln? | 我们能进来吗, Lincoln? |
[19:30] | No. | 不. |
[19:37] | I walked through the door. | 我走进了房. |
[19:40] | I saw her hanging. | 我看到她吊死了. |
[19:43] | She was dead? | 她死了吗? |
[19:45] | Her hands were tied behind her back. | 她的手被反绑在身后. |
[19:48] | I got on a chair and cut the rope off. | 我拿了个凳子剪断了绳子. |
[19:50] | I couldn’t reach the noose part. | 我剪不到吊着的那根绳. |
[19:53] | That’s the last thing I remember, actually, | 其实,这是我能记得的最后东西了, |
[19:55] | trying to reach up and cut the rope around her neck. | 想爬更高点剪掉她脖子上的绳子. |
[19:59] | And then what happened? | 然后发生了什么? |
[20:01] | The next thing, it was… | 然后,就已经是… |
[20:04] | two hours later. That’s when I called for help. | 两小时以后了.也是我打电话求助的时候. |
[20:07] | You have no memory of those two hours? | 你对那两小时完全没有记忆? |
[20:11] | I’ve been treated for a psychiatric disorder. | 我在接受精神紊乱治疗. |
[20:13] | I’ve had some blackouts on occasion. | 我有时候会失忆. |
[20:16] | When you say you called for help, | 你说你打电话要人帮忙, |
[20:19] | you mean you called your lawyer? | 你是指你律师? |
[20:21] | Yes. | 是的. |
[20:22] | Why didn’t you call the police? | 你为什么不打电话给警察? |
[20:23] | I suppose I was afraid, | 我想我是害怕了, |
[20:25] | especially since I had no memory of the previous two hours. | 尤其是我对于先前那两小时没回忆了. |
[20:28] | What were you afraid of? | 你怕什么? |
[20:30] | That maybe you had killed Paula Wilkes? | 怕也许是你杀了Paula Wilkes吗? |
[20:33] | She left you for that woman, Renee Winger. | 她为了那个 Renee Winger 的女人而抛弃了你. |
[20:36] | Yes. | 是的. |
[20:38] | Did you go to confront Renee Winger two nights before Ms. Wilkes’ death? | 你在Wilkes夫人死前前夜去 质问过Renee 吗? |
[20:44] | I, I beg your pardon? | 你,你再说一次? |
[20:45] | Ms. Winger says you confronted her in a hotel lounge | Winger夫人说你在一家旅馆里质问她 |
[20:48] | and started screaming at her. | 还向她尖叫. |
[20:50] | Many people witnessed this. | 很多人有目击. |
[20:52] | You told her she’d regret it if she continued to see Paula Wilkes. | 你告诉她如果她还和 Paula Wilkes约会的话她会后悔的. |
[20:57] | I have no memory of that. | 我对此完全没有回忆. |
[20:59] | You have no memory of that? | 你对此完全没有回忆? |
[21:02] | No. I… | 恩.我… |
[21:03] | I swear. | 我发誓. |
[21:07] | I swear. | 我发誓. |
[21:13] | I hope they don’t go running to the police. | 我希望他们不是直接跑到警察局去. |
[21:15] | I would hate to have the police barge in here | 我不喜欢周围有警察赖着 |
[21:17] | while my spring bow is cocked. | 而我的弹簧弓正绷着. |
[21:19] | I mean, somebody could get hurt. | 我是说,有人可能会伤着. |
[21:23] | Lincoln… | Lincoln… |
[21:25] | I have one question for you. | 我有个问题问你. |
[21:29] | Why? | 为什么? |
[21:31] | You’ve lived your whole life within the bounds of the law, Lincoln. | 你一生都循规蹈矩, Lincoln. |
[21:35] | Now you display a desperation that… | 你现在却展现出一种绝望… |
[21:41] | What’s happened in your life, Lincoln? | 你的人生到底怎么了, Lincoln? |
[21:43] | Well, this whole global warming thing… | 恩,整个地球升温… |
[21:46] | Was it Marcia Hooper? | 是因为Marcia Hooper? |
[21:52] | You were in love with her, weren’t you? | 你爱上了她,是不是? |
[21:56] | I think it’s hard for you to live without her. | 我想没有她你很难生存. |
[21:58] | I don’t need Marcia Hooper. | 我不需要Marcia Hooper. |
[22:00] | I have you, Shirley. | 我有了你, Shirley. |
[22:13] | She really did like me. | 她真的喜欢过我. |
[22:17] | Her husband made her get that restraining order. | 她丈夫逼她申请禁令的. |
[22:22] | She was kind to me. | 她对我很好. |
[22:26] | She liked me. | 她喜欢过我. |
[22:32] | We… | 我们… |
[22:33] | we all live our lives out on a ledge, Lincoln. | 我们的人生都活在一个规范内, Lincoln. |
[22:38] | It takes surprisingly little to push us over. | 要变态的话 只要走难以置信的一小步. |
[22:42] | This was a devastating tragedy for you, losing her. | 她的死亡,对你来说是毁灭性的悲剧. |
[22:46] | Add to that, people denying your relationship… | 而且就那样,人们否认你交往的能力… |
[22:49] | I don’t want to talk about it anymore. | 我不想再谈这个问题. |
[22:57] | Lincoln, how does this end? | Lincoln, 这一切要如何收尾? |
[23:00] | I don’t know. | 我不知道. |
[23:03] | I never meant to harm you when I took you, Shirley. | 我把你弄来的时候 根本没想伤害你, Shirley. |
[23:07] | Of course I didn’t. | 当然我没想过. |
[23:11] | But I suppose I’ve painted myself into a bit of a corner. | 但是我想我把自己已经 逼迫到墙角了. |
[23:20] | If this is a game, Lincoln, | 如果这是场游戏, Lincoln, |
[23:23] | you win. | 你赢了. |
[23:27] | I’m afraid. | 我怕了. |
[23:33] | Maybe she doesn’t remember doing it, | 也许她不记得做过了, |
[23:36] | but what other possible explanation could there be? | 但是除此之外还有什么其他解释呢? |
[23:39] | Maybe Renee somehow got in the building without being detected. | 也许Renee没有被侦探到 曾经进入过那房子. |
[23:42] | Maybe the husband did it inside of four minutes. | 也许丈夫在四分钟内杀了她. |
[23:45] | Maybe somebody else who lived in the building. | 也许是那房子里住的其他人. |
[23:47] | Alan, I’m like a human polygraph. | Alan, 我像个人类测谎仪. |
[23:51] | I can sense the truth. | 我能感觉到什么是真相. |
[23:54] | Erica’s telling the truth when she says it’s not in her to commit murder. | Erica告诉我们不是她杀人的时候 说的是实话. |
[23:58] | Renee is not a truthful person. | Renee不是个成熟的人. |
[24:00] | And the husband, he is a truthful person, | 而那个丈夫,他是个诚实的人, |
[24:03] | but there’s something… | 但是却有点… |
[24:05] | well, I, I don’t think he’s being entirely truthful here. | 恩,我,我觉得他现在也不很诚实. |
[24:10] | You’re a human polygraph? | 你是个人类测谎仪? |
[24:13] | I never knew this. | 我还不知道呢. |
[24:14] | It’s one of the reasons why I so implicitly and immediately trusted you. | 这就是为什么我内心如此快的 信任你的原因之一吧. |
[24:19] | I was drawn to your honesty. | 我喜欢你的诚实. |
[24:22] | Jerry, I think one of the reasons I’m drawn to you… | Jerry, 我觉得我喜欢你的原因之一… |
[24:33] | Oh, dear. | Oh, 天啊. |
[24:46] | Don’t talk to me. | 别和我说话. |
[24:48] | It’s not like I went fishing with him. | 我又没和他去钓鱼. |
[24:50] | And don’t make fun of me. | 别拿我说笑. |
[24:57] | I don’t know whether you know this, | 我不知道你是否知道, |
[24:59] | not many men take the time every day to… | 不是所有人在一天末时会花时间去.. |
[25:06] | have a cigar, a glass of scotch, | 吸根雪茄,喝杯威士忌, |
[25:09] | to talk to their best friend. | 和他们最好的朋友聊天. |
[25:12] | That’s not something most men have. | 这不是大多数人都做的事. |
[25:16] | No, it isn’t. | 是的,没错. |
[25:24] | What I give to you, what, what I share, | 我给予你的,那些,那些我和你分享的, |
[25:28] | I do with no one else. | 我从不和别人那么做. |
[25:29] | I like to think what you give to me, | 我想觉得你和我一起做的, |
[25:31] | you do with nobody else. | 也没和其他人那么做. |
[25:32] | Now that, that may sound silly to you, | 也许这,也许这你听来很傻, |
[25:34] | but here’s what I think is silly… | 但是我觉得傻的是… |
[25:36] | the idea that jealousy or fidelity is reserved for romance. | 忠诚和嫉妒是保存浪漫的良药. |
[25:44] | I always suspected that there was a connection between you and that man, | 我总怀疑你和那男人有奇特羁绊. |
[25:49] | that you got something you didn’t get from me. | 而你在我身上得不到. |
[25:55] | I probably do. | 也许是呢. |
[26:00] | But, gosh… | 但是,天… |
[26:02] | What I get from you, Denny… | 我从你身上得到的, Denny… |
[26:13] | People walk around today calling everyone their best friend. | 如今的人们四处说 每个人都是他们的好朋友, |
[26:20] | The term doesn’t have any real meaning anymore. | 这个词语已经没有了真正的意义. |
[26:25] | Mere acquaintances are lavished | 熟识感被滥用了 |
[26:27] | with hugs and kisses upon a second or at most third meeting. | 第二三次会面就拥抱亲吻. |
[26:31] | Birthday cards get passed around offices | 整个办公室都是生日卡 |
[26:35] | so everybody can scribble a snippet of sentimentality | 任何人都能编些深情款款的话 |
[26:39] | for a colleague they’ve barely met. | 写给他们都不熟悉的同事. |
[26:43] | And everyone just loves everyone. | 而所有人就这样爱着所有人. |
[26:47] | As a result, when you tell somebody you love them today… | 结果是,当你如今告诉一个人你爱他的时候… |
[26:53] | it isn’t much heard. | 对方几乎听不到你的声音. |
[26:58] | I love you, Denny. | 我爱你, Denny. |
[27:02] | You are my best friend. | 你是我最好的朋友. |
[27:06] | I can’t imagine going through life without you… | 我不能想象人生中没有你… |
[27:14] | as my best friend. | 作为我的最好朋友. |
[27:23] | I’m not gonna kiss you, however. | 但是,我不打算亲吻你. |
[27:33] | I don’t want you on my balcony, on any balcony… | 我不希望你在我阳台上,任何阳台上… |
[27:37] | alone with that man. | 和那男人在一起. |
[27:41] | Okay. | 好的. |
[27:58] | Deja vu. | Deja vu.(似曾相识) |
[28:01] | That’s French. | 这是法语. |
[28:02] | All set for your testimony, Renee? | 准备好做证了, Renee? |
[28:04] | I’m nervous. | 我很紧张. |
[28:06] | I’m not as funny when I nervous. | 我紧张的时候就不那么风趣. |
[28:10] | Let’s cut to it, Ms. Winger. | 我们说白了吧,Winger小姐. |
[28:12] | You and the decedent, Paula Wilkes were involved romantically? | 你和死者, Paula Wilkes曾经浪漫过? |
[28:17] | Yes. | 是的. |
[28:18] | We’d met about a month prior to her death. | 我们在她死前一个月认识的. |
[28:21] | We began dating, and it quickly became exclusive. | 我们开始约会, 然后一切立刻进入状态. |
[28:28] | Well, uh, by, when you say, “exclusive,” | 恩,啊,你,你说”进入状态” |
[28:30] | that’s understating it a bit, isn’t it? | 是很隐晦的说吗? |
[28:33] | I don’t know. It certainly escalated quickly. | 我不明白.当时是上升得很快. |
[28:36] | Whether it would have sustained is hard to say. | 是否能持续也不好说. |
[28:39] | She died so early in the relationship. | 她在这段感情里死得太早了. |
[28:42] | Well, she must have thought it would sustain. | 恩,她肯定想过这段感情能持续. |
[28:45] | After all, she redid her will rather suddenly in her own handwriting, | 总之,她突然亲自用书写方法改写了遗嘱, |
[28:50] | leaving everything to you. | 把一切都给了你. |
[28:52] | Um, I’m a little embarrassed about that. | 是啊,我也有点受之有愧. |
[28:56] | We were in Las Vegas. We were, I guess, | 我们当时在Las Vegas. 我们当时,我想 |
[28:59] | in the throes of new love where people can be prone to doing crazy things. | 还处于人们刚开始找到新恋情的 时候会做出疯狂的事情罢 |
[29:05] | And a month later, she shockingly turns up dead, hanged. | 而一个月后,她令人惊恐地死了, 吊死了. |
[29:09] | Mr. Shore, I’m very happy to answer your questions, but | Shore先生,我很高兴回答你的问题, 但是 |
[29:14] | I would appreciate it if you’d be a little less flippant about Paula’s death. | 但是如果你不这样不留口德地 说Paula的死我会很感激的 |
[29:24] | Ms. Winger, I’m so, I, it… | Winger小姐,我非常,我,恩… |
[29:27] | I, I can’t help but notice your demeanor seems remarkably different today | 我,我很难不发觉您 今天的风度和以往大相径庭 |
[29:33] | than in all my prior encounters with you. | 一扫我以前对您的印象完全不同. |
[29:37] | Well, I… I guess I’m… | 恩,我…我觉得…我.. |
[29:40] | I’m a little nervous to be in court. | 在法庭上有点怯场了. |
[29:47] | I don’t think she came off a killer. | 我觉得她不是凶手. |
[29:50] | I’m going to prison. | 我会坐牢的. |
[29:51] | Blessed are the merciful for they are… | 祈福仁慈之人… |
[29:53] | Erica, she didn’t really hurt our case here. | Erica,她对我们案子没什么影响. |
[29:54] | She said nothing to incriminate you. | 她没说任何让你定罪的东西. |
[29:56] | We just lost her as a red herring. | 我们只是不能拿她混淆视听罢了. |
[29:58] | Do we even have anything else to offer? | 我们还有能展示的东西吗? |
[30:00] | Well, just one of my overwritten closing arguments, | 恩,只有个我过分 准备了的结案陈词, |
[30:04] | but they’ve been known to work in the past. | 但是它们过去都很好用. |
[30:08] | Was that helpful? | 我帮你忙了吗? |
[30:10] | That was quite a performance, Renee. | 表演得真好, Renee. |
[30:12] | Maybe that was the real me, | 也许那才是真实的我, |
[30:15] | and all this time I’ve been performing with you. | 我和你在一起才是表演. |
[30:27] | Any thoughts? | 有什么想法吗? |
[30:29] | None. | 全无. |
[30:31] | He’s got her. I can feel it. She’s in that house. | 他劫持了她.我能感觉到. 她就在那个房子里. |
[30:33] | Yeah, he practically baited us. | 是啊,他显然在钓我们. |
[30:34] | I say we just charge in there, police or no police. | 我提议我们冲进去, 不管有没有警察来. |
[30:36] | I can do it. | 我能来. |
[30:37] | Brad, the last time you did that, you chopped off a priest’s fingers. | Brad, 上次你这么做的时候, 把牧师的手指给砍了. |
[30:39] | We are not trained to storm. | 我们又不是暴力专业的. |
[30:41] | I was a marine! I’m trained. | 我以前是个海军!我有过训练的. |
[30:43] | I’m practically a navy SEAL, and I saw that. | 显然我是个海军专员. 我看到了. |
[30:45] | Did the detectives say what it would take to satisfy reasonable suspicion? | 探长们说了怎样才能组成 足够的合理质疑吗? |
[30:49] | Something more than a hunch, | 反正不仅仅是直觉, |
[30:50] | which is, let’s face it, all we have. | 而现在,坦言说,我们只有直觉. |
[30:53] | What’s going on, a party? | 怎么了?开派对吗? |
[30:55] | This is not a time for your nonsense, okay, sport? | 现在没空和你扯淡,好伐,运动男孩? |
[30:57] | Typically, you’re a fan of my nonsense, Brad. | 典型的,你是我扯淡的粉丝, Brad. |
[31:00] | What’s the matter? | 出什么事情了? |
[31:01] | We think that Lincoln has kidnapped Shirley. | 我们猜想是Lincoln绑架了Shirley. |
[31:03] | At least, we think it’s possible. | 至少,我们觉得是可能的. |
[31:04] | – What? – He may have her in his house. | – 什么? – 他可能把她藏在他家. |
[31:06] | Well, why don’t the police just go get her? | 恩,为什么不派警察去找她出来? |
[31:08] | Because we don’t have anything to go on, | 因为我们没有足够证据, |
[31:10] | and the police can’t get a warrant. | 而警方也拿不到搜捕证. |
[31:15] | Well, Lincoln told me in a phone call he did have Shirley. | 恩, Lincoln打电话 告诉我Shirley在他那里. |
[31:18] | I’ll say as much in an affidavit. | 我会这么在宣誓书中写明的. |
[31:20] | You’ll take it to the police and get your warrant. | 你拿着它去警察局拿个搜捕证. |
[31:25] | I’ll go have that phone call now. | 我现在就去制造那个电话. |
[31:27] | You’ll have my sworn statement in a minute. | 你几分钟后就有我的证词. |
[31:41] | He just told this Alan Shore he had Ms. Schmidt? | 他刚告诉这位 Alan Shore 他绑架了Schmidt夫人? |
[31:45] | Apparently. | 当然. |
[31:49] | Let’s assume a mistake is going to be made here, Russell. | 我们想想横竖都要犯错误的话, Russell. |
[31:54] | Which side do you want to err on? | 你愿意向哪边错? |
[32:01] | Okay, let’s go see the magistrate. | 好的,我们去检察院. |
[32:28] | Jerry, what’s wrong? | Jerry, 怎么啦? |
[32:30] | I was going through the life insurance policy in my typical meticulous fashion, | 我像以前一样小心翼翼 查阅人寿保险单 |
[32:33] | and look what I found in the fine print. | 看看我找到了什么. |
[32:36] | I highlighted it. | 我划出来了还. |
[32:37] | Okay, Mr. Beedle, we’ll hear your summation. | 好的,Beedle先生, 我们听听你的说法. |
[32:39] | Actually, your honor, the defense would like to call one last witness. | 事实上,法官大人, 辩方想传唤最后一个证人. |
[32:42] | You said you rested. | 你说了你没问题了. |
[32:43] | We don’t. | 是啊. |
[32:44] | The defense would like to recall Sean Wilkes. | 辩方想重召Sean Wilkes. |
[33:00] | Mr. Wilkes, you’ve met my colleague Jerry Espenson, have you not? | Wilkes先生,你见过 我的同事Jerry Espenson, 不是吗? |
[33:05] | I have. | 是的. |
[33:07] | Jerry, it turns out, is a human polygraph. | Jerry, 确实是,一个人类测慌仪. |
[33:10] | He has a nose for who’s telling the truth | 他能分辨出谁讲的才是真话. |
[33:14] | and for who’s a truthful person in general. | 而谁在总体上是诚实的. |
[33:17] | And the thing is, | 事实是, |
[33:18] | you struck him as one of those generally truthful people | 你是他震惊的那类 表面很老实 |
[33:23] | who’s not telling the truth here. | 但在这里没讲实话的人. |
[33:25] | Objection. Does counsel have a question? | 反对.那律师有问题么? |
[33:27] | My question is, | 我的问题是, |
[33:28] | have you been honest with this court, Mr. Wilkes? | 你在法庭上是完全诚实的吗, Wilkes先生? |
[33:32] | Yes. | 是的. |
[33:33] | Paula Wilkes’ life insurance policy, for which you are the sole beneficiary, | Paula Wilkes的人寿保险单,而你 是唯一受益者, |
[33:37] | has a settlement value of $1 million. | 一共有1百万美圆的补偿金. |
[33:40] | Are there any exclusions under your late wife’s policy, sir? | 在你的妻子的保险单上 有豁免事项吗,先生? |
[33:46] | Uh, I think there are certain exclusions, yes. | 哦,我觉得应该有豁免事项,是的. |
[33:50] | One being suicide. The policy doesn’t cover suicide. | 其中一项就是自杀. 单子不包括自杀的赔偿. |
[33:53] | It says right here, uh, highlighted in yellow. | 就在这儿写着. 恩,用黄笔划出来了. |
[34:01] | I am sure it must have been… | 我肯定这… |
[34:07] | an unimaginable shock | 给你造成了不小的打击 |
[34:10] | when you entered Paula’s apartment to see her hanging there. | 当你走进Paula房间发现 她吊死在那里的时候. |
[34:17] | And as you picked up the phone and dialed 911, | 然后你拿起电话打了911, |
[34:23] | another shocking reality hit you, | 另一个现实打击了你, |
[34:25] | one with crippling monetary consequences. | 那就是所造成的财政后果. |
[34:30] | It was you who aborted the 911 call, | 这就是为什么你撂了911电话, |
[34:33] | and then you did something foolish. | 然后做了点傻事. |
[34:36] | You tried to make her tragic death look like a murder. | 你想把她的悲剧性的死亡 弄成谋杀一样. |
[34:42] | I’m sure charges of perjury are swirling around in your head about now. | 我肯定你脑袋里现在怕的是 伪证的结果吧. |
[34:46] | Fortunately, by law, | 幸运的是,根据法律 |
[34:49] | if a witness retakes the stand and corrects his false statements, | 如果一个证人重新站上证人席 纠正他错误的发言, |
[34:53] | he can avoid those charges. | 他就能避免这项指控. |
[34:54] | So here’s your chance, Mr. Wilkes, to set the record straight. | 现在是你的机会了,Wilkes先生, 第二次来纠正的机会. |
[35:01] | Did you go into that apartment, | 你是不是去了公寓, |
[35:04] | discover that your ex-wife had committed suicide | 发现你前妻已经上吊自杀, |
[35:07] | and proceed to tie her hands, move a chair, | 然后绑了她的手,动了下凳子 |
[35:11] | do whatever was necessary to make it look like somebody had killed her? | 做了一切让它看起来 像有人杀了她的样子? |
[35:30] | I was in shock. | 我当时很震惊. |
[35:34] | I wasn’t thinking clearly. | 我当时没想明白. |
[35:41] | I’m so sorry. | 我真抱歉. |
[35:45] | Your honor, the defense rests. | 法官大人.辩方没有问题了. |
[35:48] | Mr. Wilkes, you may step down. | Wilke先生,你可以下去了. |
[35:50] | The bailiff will remand the witness into custody. | 法警可以拘留证人. |
[35:53] | At this time I’m dismissing the charges against Ms. Erica Dolenz. | 这次我取消对Erica Dolenz小姐的指控. |
[35:57] | The defendant is free to go. | 被告你自由了. |
[36:00] | Oh, my god! | 哦,天啊! |
[36:02] | Jerry, you realize what you’ve done? | Jerry, 你知道你成就了什么吗? |
[36:03] | You’ve secured the freedom of an innocent person. | 你让一个清白的人确保了自由身. |
[36:10] | Let’s hope Denny doesn’t walk in. | 希望Denny别走进来. |
[36:27] | Hey, may I join? | 嘿,我能参与吗? |
[36:29] | I’m sorry, no. | 抱歉,不能. |
[36:31] | Why don’t you tell him you were practically a navy SEAL? | 你为什么不告诉他你实际上 是个海军专员啊? |
[36:35] | Want a plane that loops the loop | 希望一架翻来翻去的飞机 |
[36:40] | Me, I want a hula hoop | 我想跳个草裙舞 |
[36:44] | We can hardly stand the wait | 我们受不了等待 |
[36:49] | Please, Christmas, don’t be late | 求你,圣诞,快快来 |
[36:56] | Aren’t you going to answer it? | 你不去回应下? |
[37:14] | Your little friends called the police. | 你的小朋友们找了警察. |
[37:16] | – Lincoln… – That was a mistake! | – 这是错的! – Lincoln… |
[37:18] | They’ve escalated the situation | 他们恶化了现状 |
[37:20] | before I had a chance to work out my exit plan. | 在我逃跑计划还没做出以前 |
[37:32] | Lincoln, I can hear them. | Lincoln, 我听到他们了. |
[37:33] | They’re going through the entire house. | 他们进了整个房子里了. |
[37:35] | From the outside, this room looks like a pantry. | 从外面看,这房子像个食物储藏室. |
[37:37] | It’s a locked room in a basement! You think they’ll skip it? | 这是个地下室的反锁房! 你觉得他们会疏忽掉么? |
[37:47] | – Lincoln… – Shut up! | – 闭嘴! – Lincoln… |
[37:49] | There’s no way out of here. | 没有出路的. |
[37:51] | They’re right outside the door, Lincoln. | 他们就在门口了, Lincoln. |
[37:54] | Wait a minute, this room isn’t soundproof. | 等会,这房子不是隔音的. |
[37:56] | Help! Help! | 救命!救命! |
[37:58] | Hey, one more scream like that, and I will shoot you dead! | 嘿,再那么叫一句,我立马毙了你! |
[38:10] | Someone’s down! | 有人在下面! |
[38:13] | Room secured! | 房屋安全了! |
[38:16] | There she is. | 她在这里. |
[38:19] | Before you all start hugging me, | 你们都开始拥抱我以前, |
[38:20] | did any of you have the presence of mind to bring vodka? | 你们有人有想过给我带伏特加吗? |
[38:24] | A little antiseptic, a band-aid. | 一些消毒剂,一张创可贴, |
[38:27] | It’s just a flesh wound. | 这可是血肉伤啊. |
[38:34] | So she’s all right? | 那她一切安好啦? |
[38:35] | Completely. She wouldn’t even go to the hospital. | 完全对.她都不需要去医院. |
[38:37] | Oh, thank goodness. | 哦,谢天谢地. |
[38:39] | Thank you for telling me, Denise. | 谢谢你告诉我, Denise. |
[38:42] | Sure. | 不客气. |
[38:44] | Denise… | Denise… |
[38:47] | it’s news worth celebrating, don’t you think? | 这是值得庆贺的消息,不是吗? |
[38:50] | Don’t you ever give up? | 你就没放弃过么? |
[38:51] | I do, actually. | 有过,其实. |
[38:53] | It’s just, you don’t really want me to. | 只是,你并不真想我放弃罢了. |
[38:58] | I must say, Denise, when I look at you, | 我要说, Denise, 当我看着你的时候 |
[39:01] | I see one of those little catholic schoolgirls running around in her plaid skirt, | 我看到一些小小的天主教女孩子 穿着她们格子尼的校服 |
[39:07] | always to class on time, the first to raise her hand, | 一直准时来学校, 第一个举手答题 |
[39:11] | the neatest of penmanship. | 写字最娟秀. |
[39:14] | And then when I look closer, I see… | 而当我看近一些,我看到了… |
[39:18] | Shirley. | Shirley. |
[39:19] | Well, I’m glad to see things haven’t changed here. | 恩,我真高兴一切没变. |
[39:22] | Shirley, are you okay? | Shirley, 你还好吗? |
[39:24] | I am. Thank you. | 是的.谢谢. |
[39:26] | Lincoln was actually a very charming host when he wasn’t threatening to kill me. | Lincoln如果不是恐吓要杀我 还是个满好的东道主. |
[39:31] | Alan, it’s been brought to my attention that | Alan,我注意到 |
[39:35] | you falsified an affidavit and committed a fraud on the magistrate. | 你写了假宣誓书然后对检察院 进行了贿赂 |
[39:38] | Did I? | 我有吗? |
[39:39] | As senior partner, I cannot tolerate this kind of behavior, | 作为高级合伙人, 我不能忍受这种行径, |
[39:43] | and if it happens again, | 如果还有这种事发生, |
[39:45] | you will be fired. | 我会炒了你. |
[39:47] | No doubt. | 肯定的. |
[39:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢. |
[39:52] | You very likely saved my life. | 你非常努力地救了我. |
[39:55] | I must say, Shirley, | 我要说, Shirley, |
[39:57] | when I look at you, | 当我看着你的时候, |
[39:59] | I see one of those little catholic schoolgirls… | 我看到一些小小的天主教女孩子… |
[40:02] | Oh, get a life! | 哦,拿去骗别人吧! |
[40:16] | I’ll sleep with her one day. | 我有天会得到她的. |
[40:20] | No, you won’t. | 不,你不可能的. |
[40:24] | You know, the brain supposedly confuses fear with passion. | 你知道,大脑可能会让恐惧变成动力. |
[40:28] | She should be ripe with passion, for god’s sake. | 看在上天的份上, 她因为有动力更成熟了. |
[40:32] | Denny, what ever happened to that doll? | Denny, 你那娃娃怎么了? |
[40:34] | The police took her in for questioning. | 警察把她带去询问了. |
[40:36] | Shirley Schmidtho? | Shirley Schmidtho? |
[40:37] | Yeah. She’ll be back. | 是啊.她会回来的. |
[40:40] | Alan… | Alan… |
[40:43] | I’m sorry I doubted your feelings. | 很抱歉我质疑了你的感觉. |
[40:45] | It was just seeing you on the balcony with that man. | 只是看到你和那个人在阳台上. |
[40:51] | Alan, what is it about out here? | Alan, 那里是怎么一回事? |
[40:57] | We’re out on a ledge, 14 floors to a spectacular death. | 我们在边缘上,14楼能要人命. |
[41:02] | It probably gives us a sense of our mortality, which in turn… | 这也许能给我们带来道德感,也会同时… |
[41:08] | there’s nothing so life-affirming, I suppose, | 让我们知道生命的可贵,我觉得, |
[41:11] | as a little death tucked in the back of our mind. | 当你脑袋里总有些许死亡感觉缠绕时. |
[41:16] | When I die, I want my remains sprinkled off of here. | 我死的时候,希望我尸体 撒得这里到处都是. |
[41:22] | – You? – The balcony? | – 你? – 这阳台? |
[41:24] | Could there be any place more fitting? | 还有更适合的地方吗? |
[41:28] | I suppose not. | 我觉得没了. |
[41:32] | But since I don’t want to be cremated, | 但是既然我不想火化, |
[41:34] | somebody should at least yell, “look out below.” | 最少也要有人叫, “快看下面.” |
[41:39] | Ah, the simple pleasures. | 啊,简单的快乐. |
[41:44] | A clear night, scotch, a friend… | 一个明朗的夜晚,苏格兰威士忌,一位好朋友… |
[41:49] | Even if he is high-maintenance. | 就算他的友谊牢不可破 |
[41:58] | To simple pleasures. | 为简单的快乐干杯 |
[42:00] | hislily88888888@hotmail.com | 纯粹个人兴趣 |