时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on Boston legal | 波士顿法律 前集回顾 |
[00:01] | Denny, somehow I’ve grown rather fond of Shirley. | Denny, 渐渐地我发现我喜欢上了Shirley. |
[00:03] | Well, you can’t have her. A man doesn’t eat where his friend… | 恩,但你不能拥有她. 堂堂正正的男人不在背后抢他朋友的… |
[00:05] | – Schmidts? – Exactly. | – 就这意思. – Schmidts? |
[00:07] | The fact is, many HMO’s are outsourcing major surgery. | 事实是, 许多卫生维护组织的 诊断治疗等都是到海外进行的的. |
[00:10] | When a person is told she needs heart surgery, | 当一个人被告知她需要心脏手术 |
[00:12] | she does not expect to be shipped to India to have it. | 她可没期望会被运送到印度去做手术 |
[00:15] | Judge Marcia Hooper was found murdered last night. | Marcia Hooper法官昨晚发现被谋杀 |
[00:17] | We were having an affair. | 我们有段地下情. |
[00:18] | – What’s going on? – The police just arrested Scott Little. | – 发生什么事情啦? – 警察局刚逮捕了Scott Little. |
[00:20] | – Maybe I should do it. – You mean, kill judge Hooper? | – 也许我应该这么做. – 你是指,杀了法官Hooper? |
[00:22] | He’s talking to a therapist. | 他在和一个心理医生咨询. |
[00:24] | You gave the tape to the police the afternoon of her death? | 你在她死的下午把带子给了警察? |
[00:26] | Well, I gave it to her husband. | 恩,我给了她丈夫. |
[00:28] | What? | 什么? |
[00:37] | No, no, no, no, we’re not gonna be making any statements. | 不,不,不,不, 我们不打算发表任何言论. |
[00:41] | It hurts me way more than it hurts you. | 我觉得我比你们更难受 |
[00:42] | You know how much I love to talk. | 你们也知道我是一个多么喜欢讲话的人. |
[00:44] | Let’s just say we’re very happy that Scott Little is out of that jail cell, | 就这么说吧,我们很高兴 Scott Little保释出来了 |
[00:48] | a place he shouldn’t have been to begin with. | 他一开始就不应该待在那个地方. |
[00:51] | The fact that they would let an accused killer out at all | 事实上他们让一个指控谋杀的人逍遥法外 |
[00:55] | goes to show what a joke our criminal justice system has become, | 让我们的刑法司法体系成了天大的笑话 |
[00:59] | where the haves get one form of justice and the have-nots get none at all. | 犯罪了的人得到了一纸”公正判决” 而没有犯罪的人根本得不到. |
[01:05] | Denny, you have got to gag this woman. | Denny,你得让这女人封口. |
[01:07] | I would love to. / Evidently, she plans to attend the trial. | 我也想呀. / 明显的,她也想参与审判. |
[01:10] | Gracie Jane’s coming to Boston? | Gracie Jane要到波士顿来? |
[01:11] | Well, she lost John Mark Karr. | 恩,她没有抓到John Mark Karr的案子嘛. |
[01:13] | I am a nervous wreck. | 我紧张得要死. |
[01:15] | It doesn’t matter how many trials I do. | 不管我做过多少案子. |
[01:17] | Every one is like the first one. | 每个案子来了都像我第一次上庭似的. |
[01:20] | Who’s he? | 他是谁? |
[01:20] | Paul Lewiston, Bethany Horowitz. We’re in trial together. | 我们一起参与一个案子. Paul Lewiston, Bethany Horowitz. |
[01:23] | It all comes down to opening arguments, you know? | 所有的关键在于开庭陈述的那段,你知道吗? |
[01:26] | 80% of all trials, the jury makes up its mind after the opening. | 所有案子的80% ,陪审团在开庭陈述的时候就形成了观点. |
[01:29] | You shouldn’t smoke. | 你不该抽烟的. |
[01:31] | Um, never mind. | 恩,别管啦. |
[01:34] | What, you’ve never seen a smoking dwarf before? | 干嘛,你以前没看过吸烟的矮子? |
[01:36] | Bethany, are you okay to do this? | Bethany, 这样做行吗? |
[01:38] | Of course I’m okay. | 我觉得当然可以. |
[01:40] | I just get opening-day jitters. | 我刚刚觉得自己开庭日的过敏症发作了. |
[01:41] | You know what I do when I get anxious? | 你知道我紧张的时候怎么放松吗? |
[01:43] | – No, and I don’t want to know. – It works. | – 不知道,我也不想知道. – 很管用哦. |
[01:47] | You are a sicko, perverted, lewd, disgusting sleaze. | 你是个恶心,变态,下流卑鄙的人. |
[01:52] | It’s sexual, this ear pinch. | 你这样捏我耳朵很性感. |
[01:54] | Yes. Pinching the ear gives you blood flow. | 那当然,捏耳朵让你血流加快. |
[01:57] | When’s the last time you got that without taking a pill? | 上次你没吃药而有这种感觉是什么时候的事了? |
[02:03] | Boston Legal 3×04. Fine Young Cannibal | 波士顿法律 3×04. 可怕的年轻食人者 |
[02:07] | ORIGINAL AIR DATE ON ABC: 2006/10/10 | |
[02:33] | – Two out of three. – What? | – 三人中的两位. – 什么? |
[02:35] | One of us has to cozy up to Dr. Simon. He’s a serial flirt. | 我们中间得有个人去奉承下Simon医生. 他很喜欢和人调情. |
[02:38] | Jeffrey thinks we can infiltrate his discretion. | Jeffrey 觉得我们能影响他的判断. |
[02:41] | I’ll take odds. Okay, ready? | 我们伐拳决定吧. 好,准备好啦? |
[02:42] | – Oh, please. – Come on. | – 恩,省省吧. – 开始吧. |
[02:44] | One, two, three, shoot. | 一,二,三,出. |
[02:47] | Yes! Again. | 哈! 再来. |
[02:49] | One, two, three, shoot. | 一,二,三,出. |
[02:52] | Yes! | 哈! |
[02:53] | Great. / He bellies up to the bar at McCabe’s at 6. | 真是的. /他于明天6点从McCabe起身去法院. |
[02:56] | Wear some perfume. | 记得打点香水. |
[02:58] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事情啦? |
[02:59] | Paul, judge Hooper, the victim’s husband, I hear you know him. | Paul, Hooper法官, 受害者的丈夫, 听说您满了解他. |
[03:03] | I do. | 是的. |
[03:04] | He’s basically the only one who can give us any details on his wife’s life. | 基本上他是唯一一个能 告诉我们他妻子生活细节的人.. |
[03:07] | Jeffrey’s been shot down. Could you try? | Jeffrey快不行了. 你能帮帮忙吗? |
[03:10] | Unless you’d rather flirt with Dr. Simon. | 除非你愿意和Simon医生调情. |
[03:23] | Judge Brown just assigned me a cannibal. You’re second chairing. | 法官Brown刚指派了个食人者的案子给我. 你是二座. |
[03:27] | Did you say “cannibal”? | 你刚刚说”食人者”? |
[03:28] | I figured if any lawyer could relate | 我觉得如果要找个合适的律师的话… |
[03:30] | I didn’t know Massachusetts had cannibals. | 我还不知道Massachusetts州有食人者. |
[03:33] | It’s don’t ask, don’t tell. | 你不问就不知道嘛. |
[03:34] | We’re meeting the client at 11. | 我们11点会见当事人. |
[03:36] | Thanks for volunteering. | 谢谢你主动参与. |
[03:37] | Wait, no. Why me? | 等等,不.为什么是我? |
[03:40] | Because this case is disgusting. | 因为这案子很恶心. |
[03:42] | It’s distasteful. It’s repugnant. | 这案子很没品. 这个案子很可恶. |
[03:44] | – Everything I stand for. – I’ll drive. | – 都是我欣赏的地方. – 我来开车. |
[03:46] | Shirley, is this about getting in a room with me? | Shirley, 是不是因为 你想和我独自在一起才接的案子? |
[03:50] | Yes, Alan. | 是啊, Alan. |
[03:51] | I went out and recruited a cannibal just to get close to you. | 我到处找机会然后 找到一个食人案子来和你亲近. |
[03:55] | The idea of two consenting adults serving one of other’s meat | 两个互相情愿的成年人 啃噬着对方血肉的想法… |
[04:00] | 11 o’clock. I’ll bring the condiments. | 11点. 我会带好调味料. |
[04:15] | Look at that picture there closely. What do you see? | 仔细看那边那幅照片. 你看到了什么? |
[04:18] | – A dead woman. – No, no, that one there. | – 一个死掉的女人. – 不,不是,那边那张. |
[04:21] | – Still dead. – On the nightstand. | – 还是个死女人. – 床头柜上. |
[04:26] | – Flowers. | – 花朵. – 花朵. – Flowers. |
[04:28] | Flowers wrapped in tissue and under that, newspaper. | 花朵下面被新闻报纸给扎了起来. |
[04:32] | They’re not even in water yet. | 他们还没有来得及放进水里. |
[04:34] | Somebody just brought her these flowers. | 有人刚给她送了那些花. |
[04:37] | Who would bring her flowers, Jeffrey? | 谁会给她送花呢, Jeffrey? |
[04:39] | Not her husband. He doesn’t even seem to like her. | 不是她丈夫. 他看起来都不喜欢她. |
[04:40] | And I don’t think Scott would, | 而且我觉得Scott也不会, |
[04:42] | since people having illicit affairs don’t tend to leave behind clues. | 有偷情行为的人一般都不愿意留下痕迹. |
[04:45] | And newspaper? What kind of florist uses newspaper? | 报纸呢? 什么样的花匠会用新闻纸? |
[04:47] | No, these flowers are from someone’s private garden. | 不是,这些花来自于某个人自己私自的花园. |
[04:52] | – Lincoln Meyer. – I think he was there that night. | – 我觉得他那晚在现场. – Lincoln Meyer. |
[04:55] | Maybe after he saw the boy leave, he went in. | 也许他看那男孩离开后, 他进去了房子里. |
[05:09] | Is she okay? | 她还好吗? |
[05:10] | She’s panting like a dog. | 她像只狗狗一样喘气. |
[05:12] | I heard that. | 我听到了. |
[05:13] | – Are you okay to do this? – This is how I get, all right? | – 你这样行吗? – 我就这样的.不行? |
[05:16] | Maybe I’m especially nervous here, because I need to make them settle, | 也许我现在特别紧张, 是因为我本来要让他们协商解决掉的, |
[05:19] | and now I can’t prove malpractice. | 而我现在却不能证明他们有玩忽职守. |
[05:21] | – Not to worry. – We all get nervous, Bethany. | – 别担心. – 我们都会紧张, Bethany. |
[05:24] | I do not want to hear what you do. | 我不想知道你紧张会做什么. |
[05:26] | What I do before I open | 我做开庭演说前会做的是 |
[05:28] | is I remind myself who I am, how I got here. | 告诉我自己我是谁 我为什么要来这里 |
[05:31] | There’s a reason I’m sitting in the courtroom. | 我坐在法庭上是有个理由的. |
[05:32] | So before I get up, I say to myself, | 所以当我起来前, 我会对自己说, |
[05:35] | “I’m Denny Crane.” | “我是Denny Crane.” |
[05:37] | And that’s what you’ve got to do. | 而这是你现在应该做的. |
[05:38] | So before you get up, | 所以当你站起来前, |
[05:39] | take a deep breath and you say to yourself, | 深呼吸下然后告诉你自己, |
[05:42] | “I am midget.” | “我是矮子.” |
[05:45] | All rise. | 全体起立. |
[05:52] | His name was Joseph Greenberg. | 他的名字是Joseph Greenberg. |
[05:55] | He was my best friend, | 他是我最好的朋友, |
[05:57] | my only friend. | 我唯一的朋友. |
[05:59] | And you ate him. | 然后你把他吃掉了. |
[06:00] | I’m not a cannibal. | 我不是个食人者. |
[06:02] | I’m not what they’re making me out to be. | 我不是他们所描述的那样的人. |
[06:04] | They have a witness who saw you, | 他们有个证人看到了你, |
[06:08] | “chewing on a thigh.” | “在啃食人大腿.” |
[06:10] | I was cremating him. | 我本来在火化他. |
[06:12] | We had made a pact that | 我们达成过协议的 一个人死了而另外一个没有的话… |
[06:16] | And while he was burning, | 当他尸体在烧的时候, |
[06:21] | I happened to be starving. | 我又正好饿了. |
[06:23] | I hadn’t had a meal in weeks. | 我几星期都没有吃过什么了. |
[06:25] | It’s just that he was there, and I tried it. | 然后他在面前, 然后我就咬下去了. |
[06:28] | I tried it. | 我就咬下去了. |
[06:30] | I was weak with hunger. I was delirious. I… | 我当时饿花眼了. 我已经大脑停止思考了.我… |
[06:33] | I don’t know. I was curious. | 我什么都不知道了. 我很好奇. |
[06:36] | And I took a bite. It was stupid. | 然后我咬了一口. 我真傻. |
[06:39] | May I ask? | 我可以问下吗? |
[06:41] | This was your friend. | 这可是你的朋友. |
[06:43] | Uh, when he died, why didn’t you notify the authorities? | 恩,他死的时候,你为什么不告诉下当局? |
[06:47] | To be cremated, you need a next of kin. | 给他火化, 你必须是他的亲属. |
[06:50] | The medical examiner won’t take responsibility | 验尸员没有批准的话就没有义务 |
[06:52] | for burning a homeless person without permission. | 为一个无家可归的人火化 |
[06:55] | So people out on the streets, buddies of ours, | 所以街上风餐露宿的人,就和我一样的伙计 |
[06:57] | end up rotting on a slab in a warehouse downtown. | 最后命运就在城外仓库里的地板上腐烂. |
[07:01] | Joe deserved better than that. | Joe不该死得那么惨. |
[07:04] | You face a number of serious charges. | 你面临一系列的指控. |
[07:08] | Violating the health code, desecration of a human body. | 违反身体健康法规, 侮辱身体罪. |
[07:12] | Am I gonna go to jail? | 我会要坐牢吗? |
[07:17] | Let us talk to the district attorney. | 我们和检查官谈谈吧. |
[07:19] | I’m sorry. I want to help you. | 很抱歉. 我想帮你. |
[07:21] | I really do, | 我真的想, |
[07:23] | but there’ll be no plea, no discussion of one, | 但是我们没有理由, 连争议也没有一个, |
[07:25] | and frankly, no leniency when it comes to sentencing. | 而且坦白的说, 宣判的时候根本没有仁慈可言. |
[07:28] | This is you wanting to help us? | 这就是你帮我的办法? |
[07:29] | – Shirley, can I call you “Shirley”? – No. | – Shirley, 我可以叫你 “Shirley”吗? – 不行. |
[07:32] | If this were just about one homeless man desecrating another… | 如果这只是关于一个流浪者亵渎另一个… |
[07:35] | We wouldn’t care. | 我们就懒得管. |
[07:37] | But this is about the sanctity and morality of a society, | 但是这是关于这个社会的圣洁和道德, |
[07:41] | the human race, in fact. | 事实上,涉及人类. |
[07:42] | Oh, god, you’re not gonna drag the human race into this, are you? | 哦,天,你不打算把人类种族牵扯近来吧,你? |
[07:46] | to be called “Shirley.” | Shore先生/ 其实我倒希望你叫我 “Shirley.” |
[07:49] | It gives me a tickle. | 让我身心一震. |
[07:50] | Knowing you, you probably plan to get up in the end | 你这个人啊,也许打算结案的时候 |
[07:53] | and deliver some stirring closing like, “cannibalism is good.” | 以什么:食人主义是好物 的惊人语来结束吧. |
[07:57] | “The world needs more people devouring each other.” | “这个世界需要更多的人来吃其他的人.” |
[07:59] | No, we already have enough of that. | 不,我们那样做已经够多了. |
[08:01] | My problem is the American people have been so desensitized to atrocity, | 我的重点是美国人对于暴行已经司空见惯了的话, |
[08:05] | we just turn an indifferent ear and eye to the most heinous of conduct. | 我们只要对这种可恶行径眼不见耳不闻就可以了. |
[08:09] | Well, I am not going to turn away. | 恩,我可不打算装做什么都没有. |
[08:12] | I’m going to make a firm and public stand. | 我打算有个坚定公众的立场. |
[08:15] | Almost sounds as if you’re running for something. | 听起来好象你要选举什么似的. |
[08:17] | Oh, gee, you are. | 哦,天,你是要去选举吧. |
[08:19] | Tell me, why saddle up on this issue? Was pedophilia taken? | 告诉我,为什么缠着这个案子? 这案子中有恋童癖吗? |
[08:22] | No deal. | 没有协商条件. |
[08:24] | He goes to jail. | 他必须坐牢. |
[08:25] | And tell your boy, between now and trial, | 告诉你那孩子 从现在到审判,别再吃人, |
[08:28] | he’d better not eat anyone else. | 他最好别再吃人. |
[08:31] | Tell me, Mr. Vote-for-me-come-November, | 告诉我,”11月到了请选我”先生, |
[08:35] | what if you lose this trial? Did that ever occur to you? | 如果你输了这场官司会怎样? 你想过没? |
[08:40] | Funny, it didn’t. | 可笑的是,没想过. |
[08:42] | Perhaps it should. | 也许你该想想. |
[08:46] | I would love to see how you’re gonna win this one. | 我很期待看看你怎么打赢这个案子. |
[08:50] | Shirley. | Shirley. |
[09:03] | All right, we’ll first hear from the plaintiff’s attorney. | 好的,我们首先听听原告律师有什么说法. |
[09:07] | – Ms. Horowitz. – Thank you, your honor. | – Horowitz小姐. – 谢谢你,法官大人. |
[09:18] | Ladies and gentlemen of the jury | 陪审团的女士们先生们 |
[09:20] | I beg your pardon. | 不好意思打断下. |
[09:21] | May I have a word with counsel, please? | 我能和原告律师说几句吗? |
[09:24] | – What? – I apologize, your honor. | – 什么? – 抱歉,法官大人. |
[09:25] | It’s just, we may be able to resolve this. | 只是,我们可能协商解决这个案子. |
[09:28] | If I could just speak | 我能和她说一小会儿吗? |
[09:31] | Take two if it’ll resolve it. | 能协商解决的话两会儿也行啊. |
[09:39] | $400,000.Final offer. | $400,000.最后提议了. |
[09:42] | Good for 30 seconds. | 30秒钟决定时间. |
[09:43] | What do you mean, “good for 30 seconds”? | “30秒钟决定时间”什么意思? |
[09:45] | Better confer with your client. | 和你当事人谈谈吧. |
[09:46] | Clock is ticking. | 时间紧迫哦. |
[09:51] | – He just offered $400,000. – Just like that? | – 他刚提出给$400,000. – 就刚才? |
[09:53] | – But it’s only good for 30 seconds. – What? What do you mean? | – 但只有30秒决定时间. – 什么?什么意思? |
[09:55] | I mean, he put a clock on it. Half a minute. | 我是说,这个提议有时间限制的. 半分钟. |
[09:58] | $400,000 is a lot of money. | $400,000 是一大笔钱啊. |
[09:59] | Are you kidding? Take it! | 开什么玩笑? 接受啊! |
[10:00] | – This would be my advice. – We can get more. | – 我也想这么建议你的. – 我们可以赢更多. |
[10:03] | You don’t even know the case. | 你甚至不明白这个案子. |
[10:04] | I can always get more. | 我一直都可以赢更多的. |
[10:06] | Just say yes! | 说同意就好! |
[10:12] | – We accept your offer. – Oh, jeez. | – 我们接受你的提议. – 哦,天啊. |
[10:14] | The offer was only good for 30 seconds, and you took 33. | 这个提议只在30秒生效 你花了33秒. |
[10:19] | Offer rescinded. | 要约时效过啦. |
[10:22] | Guess you’ll have to resume your opening. | 我猜你得重新准备你的开庭陈述啦. |
[10:32] | He baited me deliberately. | 他刚才故意戏弄我. |
[10:34] | He did this because the book on you is | 他那么做是因为当你不冷静时 |
[10:35] | you’re less effective when you lose your cool. | 你就没有那么厉害了. |
[10:37] | Oh, shut up! | 哦,闭嘴! |
[10:38] | This is exactly the state of mind that he wants you in. | 这就是他想要你进入的慌乱状态. |
[10:40] | It was an offer made in bad faith. | 这个要约是基于不良企图做出的. |
[10:42] | I should bring a motion for sanctions. | 我要对此提出动议. |
[10:43] | That wouldn’t make any difference. | 那又能怎样. |
[10:44] | – Shut up! – Shut up yourself! | – 闭嘴! – 你才闭嘴! |
[10:46] | Now listen to me. | 现在听我说. |
[10:49] | You’re the badger. | 你是只”獾”(指能逼别人说实话的人). |
[10:51] | Now you can either let this guy win by rattling you with a cheap stunt, | 现在你能选择让这男人 通过卑鄙手段让你心智不宁, |
[10:53] | or you could march yourself into that courtroom | 也能迈步走进审判厅作出 |
[10:56] | and deliver the opening of your life. | 开始你生命辉煌时刻的开庭陈述. |
[10:59] | It’s in your hands, Bethany. | 都取决于你啊, Bethany. |
[11:01] | Are you a winner or not? | 你是个胜者不是? |
[11:10] | Hello, Brian. | 你好, Brian. |
[11:12] | What are you doing in my chambers? | 你来我办公室干吗? |
[11:14] | First, let me extend | 首先,让我表示下我的哀悼 |
[11:16] | Please leave my chambers, Paul. | Paul,请离开我办公室. |
[11:23] | We have a very difficult job to do, | 我们有件难事 |
[11:25] | which you can certainly understand, if not appreciate. | 如果你不赏识的话,我也希望你可以理解. |
[11:28] | You’re profiteering off my wife’s death. | 你们在我妻子死的事情上牟取暴利. |
[11:31] | If you came in here looking | 如果你是来这里找… |
[11:34] | Only your cooperation. | 只是希望你合作下. |
[11:36] | You won’t get it. I’ll ask you again to leave. | 我不合作. 而且我要求你离开. |
[11:39] | – I’m certainly not your friend. | – 朋友. – 我肯定不是你朋友. |
[11:41] | As part of our defense, we will be trying to focus suspicion on other suspects. | 作为我们辩护的一部分 我们会把矛头指向其他有嫌疑的人. |
[11:45] | – I think you need to hear me out. | – 我觉得你应该听我把话说完. |
[11:55] | We know from our investigation so far | 我知道就我们现在的调查结果而言 |
[11:56] | that both you and your wife were being treated by Dr. Zachary Simon. | 您和您妻子都是Zachary Simon医生的客户. |
[12:00] | We also have reason to believe | 我们有理由相信 |
[12:03] | that you late wife was engaged in extramarital relations with other men. | 您过世的妻子和其他男人有染 |
[12:10] | I can explore this with you now | 我能现在和你探讨这个 |
[12:13] | or in a much more public forum during your testimony. | 也可以在一个公开的多的地方 在你做证的时候说 |
[12:17] | – You’re threatening me? – I am informing you | – 你在恐吓我? – 我在告诉你 |
[12:20] | that we will do whatever we have to to protect our client. | 我们会做一切能保护我们当事人的事情 |
[12:23] | On the chance that somebody else killed her, | 也许有人杀了她, 你最少也应该… |
[12:26] | – Your client killed my wife. | – 你的当事人杀了我妻子. |
[12:30] | There’s no evidence of anyone else even being there. | 没有证据表明有别人在那里啊. |
[12:34] | Except you. | 除了你. |
[12:39] | Is that where you’re going with your defense, Paul? | 这就是你准备用来辩护的吗, Paul? |
[12:42] | We will go down any path that leads to reasonable doubt, | 我们会用任何方法来证明有”合理的疑点”, |
[12:46] | and yes, my friend. | 而且没错,我的朋友. |
[12:50] | That is a threat. | 这是个恐吓. |
[12:56] | I came around the back of the building, | 我来到大楼的后面, |
[12:58] | and that’s when I saw it. | 然后我就看到了. |
[13:00] | What did you see? | 你看到了什么? |
[13:01] | First, I saw a flame. | 首先,我看到了火焰. |
[13:03] | And as I got closer, I saw him. | 我走进了些, 就看到了他. |
[13:06] | – The defendant? – Yes. | – 被告吗? – 对. |
[13:08] | And what else did you see? | 你还看到了什么? |
[13:09] | He was eating something, meat off a bone on the fire. | 他在吃什么. 从火上取下来的骨头上的肉. |
[13:14] | And what I saw next, well, I couldn’t believe my eyes. | 然后接下来我看到的, 恩,我简直不相信自己的眼睛. |
[13:19] | What? | 什么? |
[13:19] | Not to interrupt, but might this be a good time to take a break? | 抱歉打扰,不过现在中场休息下好不好? |
[13:22] | Sit down! | 坐下! |
[13:23] | Tell us what you saw, miss Baker. | Baker小姐,告诉我们你看到了什么. |
[13:25] | For those of us who don’t watch the news | 告诉那些不看新闻 |
[13:26] | or the district attorney’s self-serving press conferences. | 和那些检查官所控制了的媒体会议报告的人们 |
[13:29] | Mr. Shore, I will hold you in contempt! | Shore先生,我会指控你藐视法庭! |
[13:32] | – Oh, now I’m the bad guy? – Sit, sit, sit! | – 哦,我现在是坏人啦? – 坐下,坐下,坐下! |
[13:35] | Miss Baker, tell the jury what you saw next. | Baker小姐, 告诉陪审团你后来看到了什么. |
[13:39] | A dead human body cooking over an open fire, | 在野火上烤着的人类尸体 |
[13:44] | and that man was eating part of the leg. | 而那个人正在啃腿的一部分. |
[13:48] | – Are you sure? – Yes, I’m sure. | – 你确定吗? – 是的,我肯定. |
[13:51] | It was the most disgusting, awful, horrible, grotesque thing I ever saw! | 那是我见过的最恶心,最恶劣,最恐怖,最怪异的事情! |
[13:57] | – Shocking! | (她还没说…) – 令人震惊! |
[13:58] | There we go. | 就这句. |
[14:07] | Here’s what doesn’t make sense to me. | 这就是我觉得不对劲的地方. |
[14:10] | There was no evidence of his fingerprints. | 没有他指纹的证据. |
[14:13] | Nada, zip, zilch, nothing. | 什么都没有. |
[14:16] | How could that be if he was there delivering documents, making love to the victim, | 如果他当时是去递送文件, 和受害人发生关系的, 为什么什么都没有? |
[14:22] | doing who knows what? | 谁知道他做了什么? |
[14:23] | The only explanation can be? He wiped the prints away. | 唯一解释是什么? 他把指纹都擦了呗. |
[14:27] | Why would he do that if he wasn’t guilty? | 如果他无罪的话干吗要那么做? |
[14:28] | – Hi. Um, a vodka neat, please. – They ought to gut him like a fish. | – 嗨,恩,请来杯纯伏特迦酒. – 他们应该像剖鱼那样看剖析清楚这个人. |
[14:32] | I have said it before. I will say it again. | 我以前说过. 我现在还要说一次. |
[14:34] | He is guilty, guilty, guilty. Until then… | 他有罪,有罪,有罪. 直到那时… |
[14:38] | The media just can’t get enough, can they? | 媒体真是没完没了,不是吗? |
[14:41] | Oh, yeah. | 恩,是啊. |
[14:45] | I think he did it. | 我觉得他杀人了. |
[14:47] | I mean, who else if not him? | 我是说,除了他还会有谁? |
[14:52] | Well, I can’t really comment. | 恩,其实我不能谈这个案子的. |
[14:56] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[14:58] | I’m connected with the case. | 我和这个案子有关联. |
[15:01] | You are? | 是吗? |
[15:06] | The accused was one of my patients. | 被告是我的一个患者. |
[15:14] | You’re his doctor? | 你是他医生? |
[15:19] | The victim was a former patient. | 受害者是以前的一个患者呢. |
[15:23] | Oh, you’re lying. | 哦,你骗我的. |
[15:24] | I am not lying. | 我没有骗你. |
[15:27] | I’m connected with this big-time. | 我和这个案子有大关联呢. |
[15:31] | Wow. | 哇. |
[15:37] | I hope you’re not expecting me to close on this. | 我希望你别期望我做这个案子的结案陈词. |
[15:41] | Well, of course I am, Alan. That’s your niche. | 哦,当然我期望着. Alan. 你就是做这个的. |
[15:44] | Making the most unacceptable | 使得这个奇特案子显得尤其的 |
[15:47] | Exotic? | 怪异? |
[15:49] | I cannot stop thinking about our little session last week. | 我不停在想我们上星期的那个小会议. |
[15:54] | We didn’t have a session. | 我们没小会议啊. |
[15:55] | Admit it, Shirley. | 承认吧, Shirley. |
[15:57] | You’re drawn to me like Eve to the serpent. | 你迷恋着我, 就像夏娃喜欢上了毒蛇. |
[16:00] | Take me home and help me stretch my coil. | 带我回家帮我卷成团吧. |
[16:03] | Has that line actually worked? | 就你这句话起过作用吗? |
[16:05] | It’s working now. | 现在不就起作用了吗. |
[16:06] | I’m not trying to convince you of something you don’t already want. | 我不会劝说你做你不想做的任何事情.. |
[16:13] | I often find that men who like to talk about it usually disappoint. | 通常我觉得像你这样说话的男人都让我失望. |
[16:16] | All I ask for is a chance. | 我请求的,只是一次机会. |
[16:18] | I’m down on my knees if you’d like that. | 如果你喜欢我可以跪下. |
[16:23] | The problem is, men don’t get over me. | 问题是, 男人都忘不了我. |
[16:27] | – Really? – Not to sound immodest, | – 真的? – 不是不谦虚, |
[16:30] | but I’m very good in bed. | 我真的床上工夫了得. |
[16:32] | In fact, I’m rather phenomenal. | 其实,我很敏感的. |
[16:36] | And then there’s the biggest obstacle of all. | 然后还有个最大的障碍. |
[16:39] | Which is? | 是什么? |
[16:40] | – Denny. – Denny who? | – 哪个Denny ? – Denny. |
[16:43] | He’s your best friend, Alan. It would hurt him. | 你最好的朋友 Alan. 会伤了他的. |
[16:47] | Suppose I get this- Denny’s blessing | 如果我得到了Denny的同意… |
[16:52] | Get his blessing. Then we’ll talk. | 他同意后, 我们再说. |
[17:02] | Well, he didn’t exactly flow with information, | 恩,他并没有透露出大量信息, |
[17:05] | but the reason he discontinued seeing Marcia Hooper | 但是他没有再给Marcia Hooper做医生的原因是 |
[17:08] | was because there was trouble in domestic paradise, | 是因为在家庭医生圈里, |
[17:11] | and he felt he couldn’t ethically represent both husband and wife. | 他觉得同时给妻子和丈夫做医生是不合理的. |
[17:16] | And he thought Marcia Hooper was infatuated with him. | 而且他觉得Marcia Hooper迷恋着他. |
[17:20] | What? | 什么? |
[17:21] | Yeah, he said it’s very common with therapists and patients. | 他说对于医生和患者来说是很普遍的. |
[17:24] | It’s called transference. | 他说这是一种”情感移送” |
[17:26] | He also asked me out. | 他还请我约会. |
[17:29] | Sometimes a district attorney must safeguard not just the law, | 有时候检查官不仅要捍卫法律, |
[17:32] | but human decency itself. | 还有人类的尊严. |
[17:34] | This was a crime against morality, against god. | 这个罪行违反道德,反对上帝. |
[17:38] | What has happened to our community? | 我们的社会到底发生了什么? |
[17:41] | – Denny, I… – Our society? | – Denny, 我… – 我们的社会? |
[17:43] | When it becomes okay | 如果一切正常的话 |
[17:44] | Why do you have clothespins on your ears? | 你耳朵上干吗夹个衣服夹子? |
[17:47] | Mm, personal. | 恩,私人的事. |
[17:51] | Denny… | Denny… |
[17:54] | I lay awake in bed last night taking measure of our special friendship. | 昨天晚上我躺在床上考虑着我们的友谊. |
[18:02] | Do you ever do that? | 你考虑过吗? |
[18:03] | – We’re flamingoes. – Yes! | – 我们是一对火烈鸟嘛. – 对! |
[18:05] | And what I discovered to be the root, one of the roots, | 而且我探讨我们友谊的渊源,渊源之一 |
[18:10] | of our interlocking bond is our unfettered ability to share, | 对于我们牢不可破的友谊 就是我们对于一切的分享 |
[18:16] | be it our intimacies, our fears, our successes. | 让我们亲密. 我们的恐惧,我们的胜利 |
[18:22] | My root is your root. | 我的渊源就是你的渊源 |
[18:24] | If I should ever like to drive your car… | 如果我想开你的车… |
[18:25] | I’d toss you my keys. | 我就扔给你我的钥匙. |
[18:27] | – If I should ever need any money, -My check is blank. | – 我帐上没钱的话 – 我的账号就是你的 |
[18:29] | – Or need to pick your brain, -My mind is blank. | – 或者我需要你的头脑 – 我的思想就是银行. |
[18:31] | Anything you have or once did have is there for me. | 任何你有的或者曾经有的都可以给我 |
[18:36] | Except for Shirley. | 除了Shirley. |
[18:39] | Keep your root away from Shirley. | 把Shirley从你的渊源中剔除. |
[18:43] | – She told you. – Told me what? | – 她告诉你啦. – 告诉我什么? |
[18:46] | My friend | 我的朋友 |
[18:48] | One of my goals in life is to go to all the places you’ve gone, and… | 我人生目标之一就是到达你所达到的地方… |
[18:53] | Just don’t go to Shirley. | 只要不是到达Shirley身边. |
[18:55] | She’s mine. | 她是我的. |
[19:06] | Okay, Ms. Horowitz, let’s give this another go, shall we? | 好吧,Horowitz小姐, 我们再协议一次好吗? |
[19:21] | My client’s wife needed heart surgery. | 我当事人的妻子需要心脏手术. |
[19:24] | And so her HMO stuck her on a plane and sent her to India to have it, | 然后她的卫生维护组织把她塞到飞机里 扔到印度去做手术, |
[19:30] | where she died on the table. | 她死在手术台上. |
[19:32] | The reason she was sent to India is because it’s cheaper. | 她被送到印度仅仅因为那样便宜点. |
[19:35] | It’s called medical outsourcing. | 这称为医疗外部协作. |
[19:37] | It goes on all the time, and I’m sure you know this. | 一直都是这样的, 我相信你也清楚. |
[19:40] | And you know what? | 你知道么? |
[19:41] | If I needed surgery, I might consider making the schlep. | 如果我要做手术 我会考虑搬运工. |
[19:45] | Why should I pay $90,000 for heart surgery | 如果我花 $90,000可以去外国做那个手术 |
[19:48] | when I can get the same thing over there for $10,000. | 我为什么不花 $10,000在本国做? |
[19:52] | The problem is that Cindy Potter didn’t get to make that choice, | 问题在于Cindy Potter根本就没有作出那个选择的机会 |
[19:56] | because when she signed on with Wellness health care, | 因为一当她在国家健康保障单上签字了 |
[19:58] | all of the surgeries were done here. | 所有的手术过程就确定了. |
[20:01] | When that policy was modified, she couldn’t switch HMO’s, | 当政策改变了, 她却不能改变卫生维护组织的 |
[20:04] | because by then, she had a preexisting heart condition, | 因为那时候她已经有了心脏问题 |
[20:08] | and nobody else would take her, | 没人能解决这个问题 |
[20:10] | at least not at a price that she could afford, | 至少在她能支付的范围内. |
[20:13] | so she had to get on that plane. | 所以她不得不上了那架飞机. |
[20:15] | My client here, he had to work. | 我的当事人,他必须要工作. |
[20:18] | He couldn’t go with her, | 他不能和她一块儿 |
[20:19] | and his wife died on the other side of the world. | 而他的妻子就在地球另一个角落孤零零死去 |
[20:23] | Now I can’t really put a price tag on that, can you? | 我可是不能在这个事情上下个价码,你能吗? |
[20:28] | Now I know it’s not the defendant’s fault | 我知道医药费用超支 |
[20:31] | that medical expenses are out of control here. | 并不是被告的错. |
[20:34] | I don’t blame the defendant that half of Americans are uninsured. | 我也不责怪被告因为半数美国人都没有保险 |
[20:38] | In fact, I give them credit for searching for a solution. | 事实上,我们给了他们信任去找解决办法. |
[20:43] | But come on. | 但是我们看看. |
[20:45] | Shipping a patient with a heart condition to India is not a solution. | 让一个有心脏问题的病人 漂洋过海去印度并不是解决办法. |
[20:50] | It can’t be. We have to be better than that. | 不可能是. 我们应该做的好些. |
[20:53] | This is America. | 这里可是美国. |
[20:55] | They should be banging down congress’ doors. | 他们应该被举报到国会那里去. |
[21:01] | They find it cheaper to go to India. | 他们觉得在印度更便宜. |
[21:18] | And they said they might be calling me early. | 而且他们说可能要传唤我. |
[21:21] | I could be the lead-off witness. Can you imagine? | 我可能是首席证人. 你能想象吗? |
[21:24] | You’re gonna be on television. | 你要上电视了呢. |
[21:25] | I’ll be on “Gracie Jane.” | 我会上”Gracie Jane.”的节目. |
[21:27] | These are some beautiful flowers, Lincoln. | 这些花儿真漂亮, Lincoln. |
[21:29] | I grew them myself. I’m very botanical. | 我自己种的. 我很会养花. |
[21:32] | Oh, I can see that. | 哦,看的出来. |
[21:33] | Hey, Lincoln, | 嘿, Lincoln, |
[21:34] | I was reading Mrs. Hooper’s affidavit | 我在看Hooper夫人的请愿书 |
[21:37] | in support of her motion for a restraining order. | 有些支持她那 申请禁令的动议的理由. |
[21:39] | It didn’t seem to me like she was infatuated with you at all. | 可是看上去她根本 就没有对你有任何迷恋. |
[21:44] | Her husband put her up to that. He’s evil. | 他丈夫逼他写的. 他真邪恶. |
[21:46] | She said some terrible things about you, | 她写了一些对你很不好的话, |
[21:49] | called you “psychologically disturbed, sick.” | 说你是”心理变态,恶心.” |
[21:53] | That had to hurt. | 这可真伤人啊. |
[21:54] | Bet it made you angry even. | 我猜一定让你很愤怒吧. |
[21:55] | I don’t like the tenor of your remark. | 我可不喜欢你这么说话的腔调. |
[21:57] | No, I’m just saying here’s this woman that you adored. | 不,我只是说这个你非常喜爱的女人. |
[22:00] | Bet you loved to bring her flowers, huh? | 我猜你很喜欢给她送花吧? |
[22:02] | And in a public document, she calls you “sick,” | 但是在正式文件中, 她却说你”恶心” |
[22:04] | “mentally unbalanced.” | “神经不正常.” |
[22:06] | I recognize your tenor, Mr. Coho. | 注意你说话的腔调,Coho先生. |
[22:08] | I’m not stupid. | 我可不是傻子. |
[22:10] | You mean to imply that I killed her. | 你是暗示是我杀了她. |
[22:13] | I loved her. | 我爱过她. |
[22:15] | I cherished her. | 我珍重过她. |
[22:17] | You are not welcome in my home anymore, | 你不再欢迎来我家啦, |
[22:20] | you and your inappropriate tenor. | 你,还有你恶心的腔调. |
[22:24] | I’ll ask you to leave. | 我得请你离开. |
[22:33] | The bad news is we were unable to find any character witnesses. | 坏消息是我们没办法 找到任何有资格的见证人. |
[22:37] | It seems your only friend was Joseph. | 看来你唯一的朋友就只有Joseph啦. |
[22:43] | Is there any good news? | 就没有好消息吗? |
[22:44] | “Primetime” wants to have you on. | “Primetime”节目希望你来. |
[22:45] | During Sweeps they want you to eat Diane Sawyer. | “大清扫”日子里他们还想吃了Diane Sawyer. (ABC狼 蜡疙 巨目) |
[22:52] | Sorry. | 对不起. |
[22:55] | Why do you need a character witness? | 为什么你需要一个品格证人? |
[22:57] | Well, the jury could be | 恩,陪审团需要. |
[23:03] | You need to demonstrate to them that you are not a monster. | 你得向他们证明你不是个怪兽. |
[23:07] | Maybe I am a monster. | 也许我就是个怪兽. |
[23:11] | I burned my best friend. | 我烧了我最好的朋友. |
[23:13] | I ate him. | 我吃了他. |
[23:15] | Maybe I’m every bit of… | 也许我还打了他… |
[23:17] | You’re not a monster, Mr. Nichols. | Nichols先生,你不是怪兽. |
[23:22] | What kind of person ends up by himself on the street? | 什么人最终会落得个流浪街头的后果呢? |
[23:30] | I don’t have one single friend that can speak on my behalf. | 我没有一个能够帮我说话的朋友. |
[23:34] | You’re not a monster, | 你不是怪兽, |
[23:36] | and you’re not a criminal. | 你也不是罪犯. |
[23:40] | All we can do is to call you to the stand. | 我们能做的就是把你放到被告席上. |
[23:44] | You need to explain to the jury, as sympathetically as you can, | 你需要自己解释给陪审团听 尽你最大力量表示出你的悲悯, |
[23:50] | why you did what you did. | 为什么你这么做和你到底做了什么. |
[24:04] | It’s not fair. You can’t just claim women for all time. | 这不公平. 你不能总把女人都说成是你的. |
[24:08] | I only claim Shirley. | 我只说Shirley是我的. |
[24:10] | – What about Ivan Tiggs? – She married him. | – Ivan Tiggs呢? – 她嫁过他啊. |
[24:12] | Why don’t you take the girl I married last year? | 为什么你不追我去年结的那个女孩呢? |
[24:14] | – You can have her. – I want Shirley. | – 你可以拥有她啊. – 我想要Shirley. |
[24:17] | I can understand how you feel. | 我能理解你的感受. |
[24:19] | When I was 15, I had this enormous crush on a girl. | 当我15岁的时候,我发疯样的迷恋上了一个女孩. |
[24:24] | Diana Coralac. | Diana Coralac. |
[24:26] | She was a fetching goddess. She developed early. | 她真是一位迷人的女神. 她成长的很早. |
[24:28] | But she liked this kid George. | 但是她喜欢一个叫George的男孩. |
[24:31] | So one day I went to George and I said, uh, | 所以一天我去找George,并对他说,恩 |
[24:34] | “I’ll wrestle you for her,” and why he agreed I don’t know, | “我要和你摔交来决定谁得到她,” 不知为什么反正他也答应了, |
[24:38] | but within four seconds I flipped him on his back, | 但是四秒内我就把他摔翻过来了, |
[24:40] | sat on his head and he tapped out. | 摔得他首末倒置并从此退出. |
[24:42] | And then I spent the night in Diana’s fetching bosom. | 而那天我在Diana温暖的怀里享受了整个夜晚. |
[24:46] | It was magic. | 真是神奇的经历啊. |
[24:47] | I challenge you, Denny. | 我要和你挑战, Denny. |
[24:49] | To what? | 怎么战? |
[24:50] | You’re going to wrestle? | 你打算摔交? |
[24:52] | Why not? It’s not like he can beat me. | 为什么不? 又不是我不能打赢他. |
[24:54] | And you think I’m the prize? | 然后你觉得我就是奖品? |
[24:56] | You’re always the prize, Shirley. | 你一直都是奖品, Shirley. |
[24:57] | how dare you? | 你怎么可以这么说? |
[25:00] | Making me the prize in a wrestling match? | 让我成为摔交比赛的奖品? |
[25:03] | Oh, get over yourself. | 哦,接受吧. |
[25:04] | Man has done battle to get the girl since the beginning of time. | 历史上很久以来男人就一直为了女孩子而战斗. |
[25:07] | Man has evolved, Alan, | 男人已经进化了呀, Alan, |
[25:09] | with the exception, of course, being Denny. | 当然要除了, Denny以外. |
[25:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢. |
[25:13] | Shirley, admit it. | Shirley, 承认吧. |
[25:14] | This has to be a little thrilling. | 这也让人感觉振奋呀. |
[25:16] | Thrilling? Two fat boys fighting it out on a mat? | 振奋?两个胖男孩在一张席子上打架? |
[25:19] | You know the problem with mankind, Shirley? | 你知道身为男性的问题所在吗, Shirley? |
[25:22] | Oh, god. | 哦,天. |
[25:23] | We legislate our morality, | 我们对自己的道德立法, |
[25:25] | our beings with this code of reason and common sense and respectable restraint. | 我们有着合理和合情以及严格的束缚条款. |
[25:30] | And it leaves no room for passion, for bestial yearning. | 如果没有激情的余地, 只剩下野兽的相搏 |
[25:33] | It leaves Jack a very dull boy and Jill thoroughly unsatisfied. | 只让得男人无聊而女人得不到满足. |
[25:38] | How rich this moment is if you think of it. | 你想想这是个多有意义的时刻吧. |
[25:41] | Two men in their sexual | 是那么性感的… |
[25:45] | Okay, twilight, are about to enter a cage for the right to nestle into your loins, | 好吧,灯光闪烁,我将要进入一个大笼子, 有着把你撞翻的豪情壮志, |
[25:51] | to uncork your holy grail. | 去获取你的圣杯. |
[25:52] | This is life, Shirley! We’re ready to kill for you. | 这就是人生啊, Shirley! 我们打算为了你抛头颅,洒热血. |
[25:55] | This is the very essence of life. | 这就是人生菁华所在. |
[26:01] | What he said, totally. | 没错,他说的都对. |
[26:10] | How’s the case going? | 案子进展如何? |
[26:12] | Could be better. | 本可以更好的. |
[26:14] | If you ask me, plea murder two. Good behavior, kid’s out in six. | 如果你问我,申请二级谋杀 那省省吧,六岁孩子都不信. |
[26:17] | I don’t think Jeffrey’s gonna want to plead. | 我觉得Jeffrey根本就不想申请 |
[26:18] | Of course not. Give up his 15 minutes? | 当然不会,用光了他最后的15分钟? |
[26:21] | Brad, he’s coming in with another offer. | Brad, 他更又进来给了新的提价. |
[26:24] | Who? / The disgusting slimeball defense lawyer. | 谁? / 那个恶心巴拉的被告律师. |
[26:27] | This time I think it’s for real. He asked to continue the trial. | 这次我觉得是真的. 他让庭审继续. |
[26:31] | This woman is a starer. Where’s Denny? | 这个女人喜欢盯人看. Denny在哪? |
[26:33] | In his office. | 在他办公室. |
[26:36] | I don’t like starers. | 我不喜欢盯人看的人. |
[26:40] | I wasn’t staring. | 我没在盯. |
[26:43] | I was only trying to cremate him according to his wishes. | 我只是根据他的遗愿在火化他. |
[26:47] | As a homeless person, | 作为一个无家可归的流浪者, |
[26:48] | he would have ended up decomposing on a slab alone somewhere till… | 他可能最后就在某个地方的石板上孤独的腐烂… |
[26:54] | I couldn’t allow for that. | 而我不能让那样的事情发生. |
[26:56] | Okay, but at some point during the cremation ceremony, | 恩,但是在火化的某个时候, |
[27:00] | you decided to eat your friend. | 你又打算吃了你的朋友. |
[27:03] | We had both read the book, | 我们都读过那本书, |
[27:05] | the account of the soccer team that was on the plane that crashed in the Andes. | 在安第斯山脉上坠毁了的乘坐着足球队的飞机 |
[27:09] | The survivors had to eat some of the dead bodies | 幸存这不得不吃掉些遇难者的尸体 |
[27:12] | so that they could continue to survive. | 他们才得以幸存 (‘Alive’, 乔绢胶 弃 府靛狼 氓捞磊 悼疙 康拳) |
[27:15] | None of them were arrested, by the way, if you read the book. | 他们中却没有人被拘捕的, 顺便说下,如果你看那书的话. |
[27:17] | You and Joseph talked about this? | 你和Joseph谈过这个? |
[27:19] | Yes, not, not that, that’s what I planned to do that night at all. | 是的.不,不是那个, 那是我那天晚上本来想做的. |
[27:23] | I’m just saying that what I did do was not contrary to his wishes. | 我只是说我最后做的事情 是不违背他的意愿的. |
[27:28] | I think the jury would like to know, why did you do it? | 我觉得陪审团想明白, 为什么你那么做? |
[27:34] | I was starving. | 我当时饿了. |
[27:36] | I hadn’t had a meal | 我都没吃过什么饭 |
[27:43] | I was starving. | 我当时很饿. |
[27:54] | First, let me preface. This is not a negotiation. | 首先,让我表态. 这不是什么协商. |
[27:57] | This is a final offer. | 这是最后一次的提议. |
[27:58] | Either you accept it, or we return to court. | 你要不就接受, 要不我们回法庭. |
[28:00] | What’s the number? | 你给多少? |
[28:01] | $650,000 absent any showing of malpractice. | $650,000 排除玩忽职守的控告. |
[28:05] | That’s a gift. | 这很慷慨啦. |
[28:06] | We’re just looking to avoid the expense of a trial. | 我们只是节省开庭的费用. |
[28:09] | Yes or no? What’s it gonna be? | 接受吗? 怎么样啦? |
[28:14] | The thing about HMO’s is they’re very good at math. | 卫生维护组织的优点是, 他们数学很好. |
[28:18] | The expense of a trial wouldn’t come close to $650,000. | 一场审判的开销根本不止$650,000. |
[28:20] | The other thing is they don’t make gifts. | 而且他们从来也不慷慨. |
[28:22] | It’s the exposure of a trial that you’re worried about, and why shouldn’t you be? | 这本是你们要担心花大价钱的庭审, 你们怎么会不担心? |
[28:24] | The future of your whole business depends on outsourcing. | 你们整个生意的未来在于外购医疗上. |
[28:27] | It saves you billions and billions of dollars. | 这让你们赚了上亿的钱. |
[28:29] | And the worst thing that could possibly happen is | 而会发生的最坏的事情 |
[28:31] | for some stigma to be attached to the concept. | 就是在这个事情上弄上污点. |
[28:34] | I told you, this is not a negotiation. | 我告诉你, 这不是协商. |
[28:37] | The number’s $950,000. Are we going back to court or not? | 最终价是$950,000. 我们到底还上不上庭? |
[28:47] | I think we can make $950,000 work. | 我觉得我们倒是可以接受 $950,000. |
[28:50] | Good for you. | 对你来说不错啊. |
[28:56] | The dwarf fainted. | 矮子晕过去了. |
[29:20] | I am so embarrassed. | 我真觉得尴尬. |
[29:22] | I have to admit, in my practice, | 我得承认,在我上庭的生涯中, |
[29:24] | I have never seen a number that big. | 我从来没见过那么一大笔钱. |
[29:27] | I’m sure you people see it all the time. | 我肯定你们肯定都对 那么多钱司空见惯. |
[29:29] | You caused that number, Bethany. | 是你带来了那么大收益啊, Bethany. |
[29:31] | You scared the hell out of them with your opening. | 你的开庭陈述让他们吓破了胆. |
[29:33] | They didn’t dare stick around for the closing. | 他们根本不敢等到结案陈词. |
[29:36] | I’m trying not to get emotional. | 我也努力让自己不要情绪化呢. |
[29:39] | Thank you, Denny. | 谢谢你, Denny. |
[29:40] | I’m so grateful to you. | 我很感激你. |
[29:41] | Somehow in that vile, disgusting shell of yours, | 在你伪装自己的外表中, 在那张面纱下, |
[29:46] | I think there must be a nice person. | 我觉得是个非常友善的人. |
[29:52] | I’d like to have lunch again, | 我希望能和你再一起进餐, |
[29:54] | start from scratch. | 从吃开始. |
[29:56] | If I promised not to call you a midget | 如果我答应你不再叫你矮子 |
[29:58] | and ask you to take | 并让你带… |
[29:59] | This is you from scratch? | 这就是你说的”从吃开始?” |
[30:04] | You’re an extraordinary woman. | 你是一位非凡的女性. |
[30:08] | I don’t get to meet many. | 我并不是能经常遇见的. |
[30:12] | Give me a week or two to forget what you’re like. | 给我一两个星期 让我忘记你是怎样的人 |
[30:17] | Then we can have lunch. | 然后我们再去吃饭 |
[30:25] | We live in a time where almost anything goes, don’t we? | 我们活在一个几乎什么都可以接受的时代不是? |
[30:28] | Gay marriage is barely considered alternative anymore. | 同性恋婚姻也变的没什么不可以接受的了. |
[30:31] | You go on the internet, you can find a club for almost any kind of fetish, | 你去网上的话,可以找到崇拜各种东西的网站, |
[30:36] | however depraved. | 不管如何堕落 |
[30:38] | We’re a society where nothing seems to shock us anymore. | 我们在一个不管什么都不能震惊到的社会中. |
[30:41] | Well, if we’ve reached the day | 恩,如果某一天我们发现 |
[30:43] | where burning the remains of a body and cannibalism doesn’t offend, | 焚烧尸体并吃了它不是值得反对的事情的话, |
[30:48] | then I guess life has no sanctity at all, does it? | 那我能说生命也就不那么圣洁了,对不对? |
[30:51] | No dignity. | 一点尊严也没有了. |
[30:52] | Please deliver a verdict | 请下个最终裁决吧 |
[30:54] | that says there is sanctity not just to the life of a human being, | 来证实对于人类来说生命不仅是圣洁的 |
[30:59] | but also the death. | 死亡也一样. |
[31:02] | A billion and a half Christians routinely go to church on Sundays | 15亿基督徒每个星期天都上教堂做礼拜 |
[31:08] | and ceremoniously eat the body of Christ, drink His blood. | 然后隆重地食基督的肉,喝基督的血 |
[31:11] | “He who eats my flesh” | “食吾之肉” |
[31:13] | “and drinks my blood abides in me and I in Him.” | “啜吾之血者与主合一而同在.” |
[31:16] | – Jesus said that. – How dare you? | – 基督那么说的. – 你怎么敢这么说? |
[31:19] | What? | 什么? |
[31:20] | Who have I offended now? | 我现在又犯着谁啦? |
[31:21] | How dare you take the holy sacrament literally? | 你怎么敢把这么神圣的教义 做字面的理解呢? |
[31:24] | Is that not done? | 弄够了吗? |
[31:25] | You have equated it with a vile and despicable act. | 你把它说成了是可耻可恶的行径. |
[31:33] | I apologize, your honor. | 对不起,法官大人. |
[31:35] | I certainly don’t mean to indict holy communion, | 我并不想控告圣餐礼, |
[31:39] | but let’s not carry on with the idea | 但是我们别被”食人主义影响了生命的圣洁” |
[31:43] | that the notion of cannibalism offends the sanctity of life. | 这样的观点所左右. |
[31:49] | It has roots not only in sacraments not to be taken literally, | 它不仅在圣餐里有着文字的根源, |
[31:54] | but also Greek mythology. | 在希腊神话中也有. |
[31:56] | It’s still glorified in certain sections of both the south and I believe Malibu. | 它在南部和Malibu,我认为还被美化了. |
[32:01] | And I might add, it’s not illegal. | 而且我还要加上一点 这并不是违法的. |
[32:03] | There’s no federal law, no Massachusetts law | 没有联邦法律, 没有 Massachusetts的法律 |
[32:06] | that criminalizes cannibalism. | 来制裁食人主义 |
[32:08] | That’s why Mr. District attorney my-name-appears-second-on-the-ballot- this-November Ginsberg | 这就是我们的”我的名字在11月选票第二行上面” 的检查官Ginsberg先生 |
[32:12] | has trumped up these other charges, | 提出这些指控的原因, |
[32:14] | desecration and so forth and lectured you on dignity and sanctity. | 说是侮辱了神圣并教导你们尊严和圣洁. |
[32:19] | There is no dignity in starving to death. | 在人要饿死的时候谈不上什么尊严 |
[32:23] | When a homeless person is left to rot on a slab, | 当一个流浪者要在石板上腐烂的时候 |
[32:27] | the sanctity of life somehow gets trivialized. | 生命的圣洁也会变的平庸 |
[32:31] | Mr. District attorney my-name-appears-second- on-the-ballot-this-November Ginsberg | 我们的”我的名字在11月选票第二行上面” 的检查官Ginsberg先生 |
[32:34] | wants you to be offended. You know what offends me? | 希望你们觉得被侵犯了. 你们知道什么侵犯了我吗? |
[32:37] | We have in this country over a million homeless people. | 在这个国家, 有上百万的无家可归的人们 |
[32:42] | The government can’t feed them, can’t give them shelter, | 国家养不起他们 不能给他们庇护 |
[32:44] | but hey, let’s spend $60,000 to $70,000 | 但是,嘿,让我们花 $60,000 到$70,000 |
[32:47] | to prosecute one who tried to stave off death, | 来起诉一个饿到要死的人, |
[32:50] | let’s spend another $45,000 a year to imprison him. | 来花更多的 $45,000让他来坐牢 |
[32:52] | There is no dignity in that. It’s cruel. | 这里并没有尊严. 只有残酷. |
[32:56] | Mr. Nichols was cremating his friend | Nichols先生在火化他朋友的尸体 |
[32:58] | to prevent the indignity of the unceremonious | 来防止被遗弃的尊严丧失 |
[33:01] | and degrading decomposition of his body. | 来防止他朋友尸体的腐烂 |
[33:06] | As for why he ate, he told you. | 而他为什么会去吃 他告诉了你们 |
[33:10] | He was starving. | 他当时快饿死了 |
[33:14] | When was the last time you starved? | 你们上次挨饿是什么时候? |
[33:17] | How about you? | 你呢? |
[33:19] | I know you’re not starving, except for attention. | 我知道你们不是想让人注意的话 是不会去挨饿的 |
[33:21] | Let’s face it. They only reason we’re all here | 我们都看清楚. 我们来这里的唯一理由 |
[33:24] | is because cannibalism makes good for television. | 就是食人者在电视上是个大新闻 |
[33:26] | What better satiate some pre-election hunger pains | 对一些快要去选举的人来说 |
[33:29] | than a bellyful of media attention? | 有什么方法比这个更容易吸引注意呢? |
[33:31] | Mr. District attorney my-name-appears-second- on-the-ballot-this-November Ginsberg knows that. | 我们的”我的名字在11月选票第二行上面” 的检查官Ginsberg先生知道这个. |
[33:34] | That’s why he’s handling this case personally. | 这也是为什么他亲自插手这个案子的原因. |
[33:36] | Not only does it give him a sensational platform for his shameless promotion, | 不仅为他无耻的宣传给了他善良贴心的一面 |
[33:40] | it also fits the notion of society, | 也符合社会的主流意见 |
[33:43] | that it’s not about understanding a homeless. | 就是这并不是关于人们去关心一个流浪者的故事的时候 |
[33:45] | it’s about prosecuting him. | 只是关于给他定罪 |
[33:49] | Kinda makes me wonder, | 这倒让我怀疑起来, |
[33:51] | who here is really the cannibal? | 在座的到底谁才是食人者? |
[34:10] | I’d be more than happy to drive you home. | 能开车送你回家我会觉得非常开心的. |
[34:12] | Oh, thank you. I actually have my own car. | 哦,谢谢. 其实我自己有车的. |
[34:15] | Um, which is actually right there. | 恩,实际上就在那边. |
[34:19] | Is that you don’t trust yourself with me? | 你是不是不敢和我太亲近呢? |
[34:22] | Oh, wow, you really can read people, can’t you? | 哦,哇,你真的能看透人心呢. |
[34:27] | That’s my job. | 这是我的工作啊. |
[34:30] | So can I see you again? | 我们下次再见? |
[34:32] | Sure. | 当然. |
[34:34] | Let’s have something to look forward to. | 让我们对此留点期待吧. |
[34:39] | I’m a magnificent kisser. | 我可是个接吻高手. |
[34:41] | Are you now? | 你现在吗? |
[34:42] | I don’t like to drop names but… | 我本不想乱说别人名字不过… |
[34:45] | I once kissed Gina Gershon. | 我吻过Gina Gershon. (康拳 ‘官款胶’狼 林楷捞菌带 固惫 咯硅快) |
[34:47] | Did you? | 真的? |
[34:48] | We were out together… | 我们曾经一起… |
[34:51] | in a group. | 一堆人聚会过. |
[34:52] | I happened to be driving in the direction of her hotel, so I offered her a lift. | 我正好要开车的地方和她旅馆方向一样 我就送她回家了. |
[34:56] | And well, one thing led to another. | 恩,然后事情渐渐热乎起来. |
[35:00] | She confided in me that she had never been kissed like that in her life. | 她自信的告诉我在她的人生中 她从来没那样被人亲吻过. |
[35:09] | always been a goal for my mouth | 我的唇也期待那样的经历呢. |
[35:15] | I dig you, Claire. | 我等着你, Claire. |
[35:18] | And I dig you, Zach. | 我也等着你, Zach. |
[35:21] | Call me. | 打电话给我哦. |
[35:23] | I will. | 我会哒. |
[35:58] | Oh, my god. | 哦,天啊. |
[36:37] | Why are you dressed like an Indian? | 你干吗穿的个印第安人人似的? |
[36:39] | Growing up, my favorite wrestler was chief Jay Strongbow. | 成长历程中,我最喜欢的摔交手是Jay Strongbow. |
[36:42] | You look like one of the village people. | 你看上去像个乡巴老. |
[36:44] | Okay, are we ready? | 好了,准备好了吗? |
[36:45] | Shouldn’t we pee in a cup first? I don’t trust his testosterone levels. | 我们首先要不要做个尿检? 我不相信他没有吃激素. |
[36:48] | Mine’s naturally high. | 我可是天然的激动. |
[36:50] | 3-minute rounds. | 三分对决. |
[36:51] | 2 points for a takedown. 1 point for an escape. | 2胜1逃 |
[36:54] | If either of you tap out, it’s over. | 如果你们都没倒下, 那就结束. |
[36:57] | Set? | 好了? |
[36:58] | Set. | 好了. |
[37:02] | Let’s get it on. | 开始吧. |
[37:26] | Five seconds? | 5秒? |
[37:28] | He cheated. You can’t squat on the head. | 他舞弊的 你不能挤人家脑袋啊. |
[37:31] | Five seconds? | 5秒就完啦? |
[37:32] | Four, actually. | 实际上是,4秒. |
[37:35] | The defendant will please rise. | 被告请起立. |
[37:39] | Madame foreperson, would you kindly announce to the court the outrageous verdict of the jury? | 陪审团代表, 你愿意向法庭宣读对于这个暴行的判决吗? |
[37:45] | That’s encouraging. | 他可真友好. |
[37:46] | In the matter of the commonwealth of Massachusetts vs. Clarence Nichols | Massachusetts州 vs. Clarence Nichols一案 |
[37:50] | on the charge of desecrating human remains | 对于指控焚烧人类尸体罪 |
[37:52] | in violation of the human welfare and safety health code, | 违反人类福利安全健康法规一项, |
[37:56] | Clarence Nichols we find the defendant | 我们认定被告 Clarence Nichols |
[37:59] | not guilty. | 无罪. |
[38:01] | Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, | 陪审团的女士们先生们, |
[38:03] | Do you think we win too much? Are we losing all suspense? | 你觉得我们是不是赢多了? 对于输案子都没有悬念了? |
[38:07] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道说什么好. |
[38:09] | – Congratulations. – Thank you. | – 恭喜你. – 谢谢. |
[38:11] | Thank you both. | 谢谢你们俩. |
[38:12] | Listen, we never let our contestants go home empty-handed, | 听着,我们从不让我们的客户空手离开, |
[38:17] | so along with the home version of the Crane, Poole & Schmidt game, | 所以就我们Crane, Poole & Schmidt一贯的风格 |
[38:20] | here’s a check for $5,000. | 这是张给你的 $5,000的支票. |
[38:23] | What? / What? | 什么? / 什么? |
[38:24] | It’s an experimental program. | 这是我们的一个实验项目 |
[38:26] | It’s called “we the fortunate should endeavor to help the less fortunate.” | 称作 “我们有钱人应该帮帮贫苦的人.” |
[38:28] | I’m sure it’ll never fly. Go have a nice meal, take a trip, | 我肯定这钱不会浪费掉. 吃顿好的,出去走走. |
[38:31] | maybe splurge for some health insurance. | 也许加入个什么健康保险 |
[38:35] | I don’t know what to say. | 我真不知道说什么好. |
[38:37] | You people are amazing. | 你们这些人真的太好了. |
[38:39] | Bye. | 再见. |
[38:44] | You gave him your own money? | 你给了他你自己的钱? |
[38:47] | I wasn’t using it. | 我又不要用. |
[38:51] | Denny, I want a rematch. | Denny, 我要再比试一次. |
[38:53] | – Forget it. – You cheated. | – 别提了. – 你舞弊的. |
[38:55] | I did not. | 我才没. |
[38:59] | You know, the first time I had sex with Shirley, | 你知道么,我第一次和Shirley上床, |
[39:01] | it went exactly like that. | 情况也一模一样. |
[39:04] | I flipped her on her back, and I sat on her head. | 我把她翻过来 后来坐她头上. |
[39:09] | Hope it was better for her than it was for me. | 希望她当时没我当时觉得难过. |
[39:11] | It was better for me. | 对我来讲倒是更好. |
[39:12] | It also lasted about four seconds. | 那次也只持续了4秒钟.. |
[39:16] | Do you think you could ever bring yourself to eat me? | 你想没想过吃掉我? |
[39:21] | I mean, say we were on a desert island, | 我是说,如果我们在荒废的小岛上的话, |
[39:23] | and I died, and you were starving. | 我死了,你又很饿. |
[39:27] | Could you eat me? | 你会吃掉我吗? |
[39:32] | Could you eat me? | 你会吃掉我吗? |
[39:35] | Well, I might be afraid of the mad cow. | 恩,我可能会怕你那个 疯牛病. |
[39:39] | When I die, I want to be buried, Denny. | 我死后我希望能被埋起来, Denny. |
[39:42] | I don’t want to be cremated, incinerated into nothingness. | 我不想被火化,烧到什么也没有. |
[39:46] | Oh, what do you care? When you’re dead, you’re dead. | 哦,你懂个什么呀? 当你死了,你就死了. |
[39:49] | I don’t actually believe that. | 我并不是很相信那个. |
[39:50] | I believe there’s some… something after. | 我总相信,死了后还会有点那个… |
[39:55] | Heaven? | 天堂? |
[39:57] | I don’t know, something. | 我不知道,某些东西. |
[40:01] | Alan Shore believes man has a soul. Stop the presses. | Alan Shore 相信人有灵魂. 真是新鲜. |
[40:05] | Don’t you believe it? | 你不相信吗? |
[40:07] | Can this be all there is? | 这就是人生一切了吗? |
[40:09] | 如果我们浪费了… | |
[40:10] | I haven’t wasted a second. I’ve enjoyed my ride. | 我没有浪费每一分钟. 我享受着我这一世. |
[40:15] | All of it. | 我这一世的每一分钟. |
[40:16] | But will it truly have counted for something? | 但是如果这真的算点什么的话呢? |
[40:22] | You know the old joke, Alan? | 你听说过一个老笑话吗, Alan? |
[40:25] | A man shows up at the Pearly Gates, | 一个人到了天国之门, |
[40:28] | sees this guy in a pinstriped suit and a briefcase, a cigar prancing about. | 见一人穿着条纹西装拿着手提包, 叼着雪茄昂首阔步. |
[40:33] | And he says to saint Peter, “who’s that guy?” | 然后他问圣彼得, “那人是谁啊?” |
[40:37] | Saint Peter says, “Aw, it’s just god.” | 圣彼得说: “啊, 那是上帝.” |
[40:40] | “He thinks he’s Denny Crane.” | “他以为他是Denny Crane.” |
[40:46] | What would you do, Denny, if you actually met god one day? | Denny,如果有天你真能见着上帝你会干吗? |
[40:51] | – I’d probably take him fishing. – Indeed. | – 我可能会带他钓鱼. – 没错. |
[40:54] | He’d probably want to wrestle me for Shirley. | 他可能会想和我摔交来抢Shirley. |
[41:00] | Indeed again. | 还是没错. |