时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on ‘Boston Legal’ | 《波士顿法律》前集回顾 |
[00:01] | We’re the new guys. | 我们就是新来的. |
[00:02] | He’s officially the grossest person I’ve ever met. | 正式肯定一下 他是我见过的最恶心的人. |
[00:04] | A post-nup? My idea. | – 婚后协议? – 我出的主意. |
[00:06] | She gets my cigarette boat. Only if you cheat. | – 我的雪茄船会归她. – 除非你有外遇. |
[00:08] | We met on Facespace. Today is our first real date. | 我们在Facespace(交友网站)上认识的. 今天是我们第一次真人的约会. |
[00:11] | Bethany. Denny, it’s me Bethany. | Denny, 是我啊. |
[00:13] | When you called me a midget, you caused me emotional distress. | 你叫我”矮子”的时候, 你给我造成了精神创伤. |
[00:16] | Judge Marcia Hooper was found murdered last night. | 法官Marcia Hooper昨晚发现被谋杀. |
[00:19] | We were having an affair. | 我们有过一段地下情. |
[00:20] | Could my son actually be arrested? | 我儿子真的会被逮捕吗? |
[00:22] | They wouldn’t be hauling him away in cuffs if they didn’t have the goods on him. | 如果他们没有把握 是不会用铐子拖着他走的. |
[00:24] | Maybe I should do it. You mean kill judge Hooper? | – 也许我该这么做. – 你是指杀了法官Hooper? |
[00:27] | Maybe he wants me to kill her. | 也许他(上帝)想让我杀了她. |
[00:36] | And he just happened to be at the murder scene. | 他只是恰好出现在谋杀现场. |
[00:38] | He just happened to be having a sweet Little affair with the victim. | 他只是恰好和受害人有段小小的 微不足道的地下情. |
[00:40] | Oh! | 噢! |
[00:41] | And he just happened to be having a teeny-weeny little dream about killing her. | 而且他恰好有个小小的 微不足道的想杀她的幻想. |
[00:45] | I might have been born yesterday, folks, but I wasn’t born last night. | 也许我还嫩着,伙计们, 但是我不是吃奶的小孩那么好骗的! |
[00:49] | Does anybody really think he didn’t kill her? | 有人真相信他没有杀她吗? |
[00:52] | My God! We need to gag this woman. | 我的天!我们得封这女人的口. |
[00:55] | I did once. | 我曾经有过一次. |
[00:56] | Best sexual experience of my life. | 我生命中最棒的性体验. |
[00:58] | What are you talking about? | 你在说些什么啊? |
[00:59] | She covered one of my trials. | 她做过我的一个案子. |
[01:02] | She’s an animal. | 她真够味儿. |
[01:05] | You had sex with this reporter? | 你和这位主播有过关系? |
[01:07] | Please, Paul. | 别这么说, Paul! |
[01:09] | A gentleman never talks. | 绅士从来不泄秘. |
[01:10] | Get with the program, folks. This guy is as guilty as sin! | 伙计们,和节目观点一致吧! 这男人铁定了是有罪的! |
[01:14] | She’s an animal. | 她真够味儿. |
[01:15] | Denny, she seems to be on the attack. | Denny, 她好象充满火药味儿. |
[01:18] | Did it end badly? | 最后你们进展不好吗? |
[01:20] | Not for me. | 对我来说可不是. |
[01:29] | Your honor, Jeffrey Coho. | 法官大人! Jeffrey Coho. |
[01:32] | I wanted to introduce myself and convey my deepest sympa… | 我想介绍下自己. 同时向您表达我深深的歉— |
[01:35] | I know who you are, Mr. Coho. | 我知道你是谁, Coho先生. |
[01:37] | You’re the man giving representation to the person who murdered my wife. | 你是那个代理 杀我妻子男人的人. |
[01:40] | Your honor, I don’t believe Scott Little took the life of your wife. | 法官大人. 我相信 Scott Little没杀害您妻子. |
[01:43] | I wouldn’t defend him if I thought that he did. | 如果我认为他那么做了 我是不会代理他的. |
[01:46] | Because you don’t defend guilty people, is that it? | 因为你不为犯罪的人辩护,不是吗? |
[01:49] | You disgust me. Already? | – 你把我恶心到了. – 这么快? |
[01:51] | It’s not enough that you tried to secure the freedom of an adulterer and a murderer. | 好像你想办法为那个奸夫杀人犯 开脱还不够似的. |
[01:54] | We both want the real killer brought to justice here. | 我们现在都希望 让真正的凶手绳之以法, |
[01:57] | It’s not Scott Little. | 杀手不是Scott Little. |
[02:00] | Get out. | 滚. |
[02:03] | If I may ask, | 如果我能问下… |
[02:05] | there are rumors that your wife’s infidelity extended significantly beyond my client. | 有谣言说贵夫人在我当事人出现之前 已经到处寻欢作乐了. |
[02:09] | Did you know about this? | 你都知道吗? |
[02:11] | How dare you come into this room and indict not only my late wife… | 你怎么敢进来我房里 不仅指责我刚死的老婆 |
[02:16] | – I don’t mean to be insensitive… – but also my marriage! | – 还质疑我们的婚姻生活. – 我也不想这么冷血的,可是… |
[02:18] | to the person who killed your wife, you would want to give it… | 如果您能帮我们找出杀害您妻子的凶手, 您就有义务… |
[02:20] | Your client murdered my wife! | 你当事人杀了我妻子! |
[02:22] | – Because I’m told… – Get out of my chamber! | – 因为,我被告知… – 滚出我的房间! |
[02:24] | that you’ve told other people that your marriage was in trouble. | …您告诉了别人您的婚姻陷入了危机! |
[02:28] | Who told you that? They insisted on anonymity. | – 谁告诉你的? – 他不让我说. |
[02:32] | Your honor, please. | 法官大人,求您了. |
[02:33] | We all want to get to the truth of this. | 我们都想知道这事的真相. |
[02:36] | Jonathan, what are you doing here? | Jonathan! 你来这干吗? |
[02:38] | I hope nothing ex parte. | 我希望不是什么拉票哦. |
[02:40] | One of my staff saw you come in. What are you doing? | 我手下的一个人看你进来了. 你来干吗? |
[02:43] | Trying to find out who killed Marcia Hooper. | 想弄清楚到底谁杀了Marcia Hooper, |
[02:45] | Don’t you want to know? Are you kidding me? | – 你不想知道吗? – 你开玩笑吗? |
[02:47] | Certainly I’m allowed to interview potential witnesses. | 当然没, 我有权利来问问潜在证人的. |
[02:49] | Don’t tell me the tampering has already begun. | 别告诉我你已经开始黑幕了. |
[02:52] | You are out of your mind. | 你简直疯了. |
[02:53] | Yes, how nice to remain so tightly locked inside yours. | 是啊,保持你所谓的正常太难啦. |
[02:56] | Let me tell you something right now. | 我现在严肃告诉你, |
[02:58] | If you start to intimidate my witnesses… | 如果你准备想 胁迫我的证人… |
[03:00] | Why yours? Do you have dibs? | 为什么是你的证人?你有这权利? |
[03:03] | Is this the way you want to play it? | 这就是你想狡辩的? |
[03:06] | Fine. | 好吧. |
[03:08] | It doesn’t seem we can settle this with words. | 看来我们言语解决不了. |
[03:12] | Maybe we should fight. | 也许我们该用武力的. |
[03:19] | Why does everyone in Boston just stare at me? | 为什么波士顿的 所有人都喜欢瞪我? |
[03:55] | Hello. | 你好. |
[03:56] | We’re looking for… | 我们要找… |
[03:57] | Shirley Schmidt!! | Shirley Schmidt! |
[03:59] | Missy!~ Ivan. Missy. Ivan. | |
[04:01] | Shirley! Shirley. | |
[04:03] | We thought we’d share our good news. | 我想我们应该分享下好消息. |
[04:05] | We’re having babies. | 我们打算要个宝宝. |
[04:08] | Congratulations. | 恭喜啊. |
[04:10] | Sally Bowles is pregnant. | Sally Bowls怀孕了. |
[04:14] | We’re becoming a family, Shirley. It’s all falling into place. | 我们在组家庭呢, Shirley. 一切都逐渐就位了. |
[04:18] | The happy ending, just like I dreamed. | 完美大结局. 就像我梦想的那样. |
[04:20] | Yes, it is, Sally Bowles! Yes, it is! | 恩,是的, Sally Bowls. 啊,是的. |
[04:23] | Honey, get the slobber towel. | 甜心,把擦口水的毛巾拿来. |
[04:27] | ‘Cause life is a cabaret, old dog. | 人生真是狗狗的歌舞场! |
[04:31] | She’s not really old. | 她也不是很老啦. |
[04:33] | Life is a cabaret. | 人生就是歌舞场. |
[04:37] | So I hear. | 我在听哪! |
[04:38] | Ivan, I’m gonna leave you with the girls while I tinkle. | Ivan?我打算把你和姑娘们留一起一会儿. 我要去嘘嘘. |
[04:43] | Certainly, sweetheart. | 当然可以,甜心. |
[04:50] | – God, I hate her. – Oh, boy. | – 天啊,我恨她. – 哦,老天! |
[04:51] | I tried this time. | 我尝试过了!这次! |
[04:54] | I want to love her. No, I do love her. | 我也想爱她.不!我是爱她的! |
[04:57] | She’s just too much. Too much singing, too much sex. | 她只是什么都太过了! 太过了的音乐!太过了的XX! |
[05:00] | I’m not a young man anymore. | 我又不再是个年轻小伙子了. |
[05:02] | And, well, there’s the fact that she’s stupid. | 而且… 恩… 还有个不庸置疑的事实-她好笨. |
[05:05] | Ivan, you’re choking on your sixth wife. | Ivan! 你被你第六任夫人 弄得”妻管严”啦, |
[05:08] | Have you ever thought about slowing down and chewing them up more carefully? | 你有没有尝试过慢慢来 细细品味? |
[05:11] | Shirley, I know that you and I left on bad terms, | Shirley,我知道我们俩最后没分好手 |
[05:14] | but if you have even a modicum of forgiveness in you, | 但是如果你还有点宽恕之心的话, |
[05:18] | I need your help. | 我要请你帮忙. |
[05:19] | But I’m Missy’s attorney. | 可是,我是 Missy 的律师. |
[05:21] | Exactly. You wrote her post-nup. | 对啊! 你给她写了婚后协议. |
[05:23] | Where’s the back door? That’s all I’m asking. | 有什么漏洞吗?这是我唯一求的. |
[05:25] | And as Missy’s attorney, I should be advising her right now. | 而且,作为Missy的律师, 我现在应当帮她献策. |
[05:29] | My hunch is that she doesn’t even know you want out. | 我觉得她现在还不知道 你想出局呢. |
[05:32] | She’s been busy decorating the nursery. | 她忙着打扮婴儿房呢. |
[05:35] | What I can tell you is there is no back door. | 我能告诉你的只有,没有漏洞. |
[05:37] | That post-nup is as tight as your soon-to-be sixth ex-wife’s tushy. | 那份婚后协议就和你 “快要成为第六位前夫人”的 Missy的臀部一样紧密结实. |
[05:44] | Shirley, you wrote that post-nup right after you learned | Shirley, 你写那婚后协议正好是你知道… |
[05:47] | that I was sleeping with you while still married with Missy. | 我和Missy结婚后还和你上床以后. |
[05:50] | You must have put in a loophole. | 你当时肯定像火药桶. |
[05:52] | God, that would have been smart! | 天!你这么说可真聪明! |
[05:54] | I must have been too distracted by that irritating rage. | 我当时火气太大了是有点分神. |
[05:57] | I’m sorry, Ivan, but that agreement clearly states | 很抱歉, Ivan, 但是那协议写明了… |
[06:00] | that if you cause the dissolution of that marriage in any form, | 如果你让婚姻破灭,不管怎样的方式, |
[06:03] | you will lose the bulk of your assets. | 你就要丧失大部分家产. |
[06:07] | Well, then, Shirley, my first love, | 恩,那么, Shirley,我的初恋爱人, |
[06:10] | it pains me to do this. | 我这么做也很痛苦. |
[06:14] | You’re serving me? | 你要告我? |
[06:16] | It’s the only way I can nullify the post-nup. | 这是我能让那婚后协议 无效的唯一办法. |
[06:19] | Besides, we’ll be back in court together. | 还有呢!我们又能在法庭上一起见了. |
[06:21] | It’ll be fun. | 会好玩的. |
[06:45] | What’s going on? | 发生什么了? |
[06:46] | Scott, I want you to listen to me | Scott, 我想你听我说说. |
[06:48] | and just hear me out for a second, okay? | 就听我说一会,好吗? |
[06:50] | I’m represented by counsel. | 我有律师代理的. |
[06:51] | And if you wish to assert that right, I will respect it and leave, | 如果你想申明那权利的话 我尊重并且会离开. |
[06:54] | but before you do anything, just hear what I have to say. | 但是那么做以前先 听听我想说的. |
[06:57] | You don’t have to respond. In fact, I would advise you not to. | 你不用回答,事实上, 我也建议你不要回答. |
[07:04] | I believe that Jeffrey Coho is placing his own grandiose interests above yours. | 我肯定那位Jeffrey Coho把他的 伟大利益排在你前面. |
[07:09] | The last thing that he wants to see here | 他最不想看到的… |
[07:11] | is a plea agreement or some deal that might preempt his 15 minutes. | 是一个只能让他红个 15分钟的认罪协议. |
[07:15] | This is a man who covets, perhaps thrives, on media attention. | 他是个垂涎,或者说渴望, 得到媒体青睐的人. |
[07:19] | He would rather see you convicted, in my belief, | 他可能更希望看到你定罪, 我这么认为, |
[07:22] | than give up the chance of a spectacle that might maximize his profile. | 这样大概能让他的档案更有光彩. |
[07:26] | And, Scott, this is a case that should be pled out. | 而Scott,这个案子早就该结了. |
[07:29] | This victim was struck once. | 受害者已经死去, |
[07:31] | We know this was heat of passion. We know that you didn’t mean to kill her. | 我们知道这是一时热情, 我们知道你本意并不想杀她, |
[07:34] | But if we go to trial, we will be charging first degree. | 但是如果我们上庭的话 我们要追究的是一级谋杀 |
[07:40] | Scott, your semon was there. | Scott,你精子在现场, |
[07:42] | You were having an affair with her. | 你和她有段地下情感, |
[07:44] | You told your shrink that you had urges to kill her. | 你告诉过你的精神医生你有杀她的冲动, |
[07:46] | There’s no way that we lose this one. | 我们是肯定不会输这个案子的. |
[07:49] | Second degree, you could be out of here in eight years. | 二级谋杀的话,你八年后可以走出这里, |
[07:51] | First degree, you are looking at life. | 一级的话,你终生都在这里了. |
[07:54] | Now the reason I’m in here telling you all this is | 我到这里告诉你这一切的原因… |
[07:56] | because someone needs to, and I suspect that it won’t be Jeffrey Coho. | 因为应该有人告诉你这些 而那个人不会是Jeffrey Coho. |
[08:01] | He will never counsel you to give up his O.J. moment. | 他可不会建议你放弃 他的类似”辛普森(OJ)案”这样的闪光机会. |
[08:06] | If his becoming famous means you spending the rest of your life in jail, | 如果他的出名是要你 在牢房里度过终生为代价的话, |
[08:11] | so be it. | 那就是这样了. |
[08:30] | Denny Crane! Denny Crane, in the flesh, a lot of flesh. | 真人在这里.一堆肉的人. |
[08:35] | You look taller. | 你看起来高点儿了. |
[08:36] | Oh, I’m just walking on air, just the thought of suing you. | 哦,一想到要告你, 我就得意得飘起来了嘛. |
[08:41] | You said you had an offer? Yes, I offer you this. | – 你说你要提和解条件? – 是的.这是和解条件. |
[08:46] | It’s a depo notice. That’s right. | – 这不过是个仓单. – 对哈. |
[08:48] | I thought, instead of giving you money, | 我觉得,不应该给你钱, |
[08:50] | I would depose and get this complaint kicked before you even begin. | 而是在你把这弄成案子 以前就把你的起诉给踢掉. |
[08:54] | – Oh, is that what you thought? – Yeah. | – 哦呵!这就是你想的? – 么错. |
[08:56] | You think you’re just gonna make me go away? | 你觉得这样就能吓跑我? |
[08:58] | You want a war, you got a war. | 你想斗?那就开斗吧! |
[09:00] | You fat old man. | 你个老胖子. |
[09:01] | Let the games begin, small fry. | 游戏开始吧,你个小新手. |
[09:07] | Well… | 好吧. |
[09:08] | certainly his allegations of blackmail lead to duress and unconscionability. | 显然他的关于胁迫的申辩 会导致威胁和不良的手段 |
[09:13] | And if Ivan goes to the press… | 而且如果Ivan向媒体宣称… |
[09:16] | I don’t think he’ll go to the press. He has his reputation. | 我觉得他不会找媒体,他有他的名誉… |
[09:18] | Plus, if there’s one thing about Ivan, he doesn’t play dirty. | 而且,Ivan还有个特点… 他不来阴的. |
[09:22] | Shirley! Paul! Shirley, Paul. | |
[09:24] | I believe you’ve met my attorney, Alan Shore. | 我肯定你认识我的律师. Alan Shore. |
[09:27] | How do you do? | 你好?! |
[09:29] | What’s going on? | 到底怎么了? |
[09:30] | I told Alan my story. He’s agreed to represent me. | 我告诉了Alan我的事情.他答应来代理我. |
[09:34] | That’s ridiculous. I’m a fan of ridiculous. | – 这真荒谬. – 我是特喜欢荒谬的人. |
[09:37] | It’s also a non-waivable conflict. We’re both attorneys at the same firm. | 还有个不能排除的冲突. 我们都是同一律所的律师. |
[09:40] | Oh, please. You used to be married to Ivan. | 哦,呵,呵,得了吧! 你还和(同一律所的)Ivan结过婚呢. |
[09:43] | Clearly we’ve already hurdled the conflict of interest bar. | 显然我们排除了 要上庭说利益冲突的理由. |
[09:46] | What the hell are you doing? | 你到底在干吗? |
[09:48] | Shirley, what you did to my client was unfair. | Shirley, 你对我当事人做的事是不公平的. |
[09:51] | I’m a man of principle or not, | 我是个有原则的男人.或许不是. |
[09:53] | whatever the situation calls for. | 不管情况要我怎样. |
[09:56] | Don’t be so greedy. | 别那么贪心, |
[09:58] | There’s enough fun to go around for everybody. | 和其他人多交往满有意思的. |
[10:00] | I forbid you to represent this man. Even better. | – 我禁止你代理这个男人. – 这样更好. |
[10:03] | Come on, Alan. Let’s prepare. | 来吧,Alan. 我们去准备下. |
[10:13] | Well, this could get ugly. | 这可会很”阴”的哦. |
[10:15] | You think? | 你这么想? |
[10:16] | I’ll inform the executive committee, | 我会告知执行委员会. |
[10:18] | and I believe there’s one other person you need to inform. | 而且我相信你还有个人要去告知. |
[10:25] | Missy! Not every marriage was meant to be. | Missy!不是所有婚姻都是天注定… |
[10:30] | Not every couple… | 不是所有夫妻都… |
[10:33] | The lungs on you! | 你小心肺部! |
[10:35] | I learned to project in “gypsy. “ | 我学会用吉普赛方法 来对付这种情况. |
[10:39] | Missy, I, I just want to assure you that | Missy, 我只是想对你肯定… |
[10:42] | what happed between Ivan and me was totally unpremeditated, | 我和Ivan之间发生的事情绝对 不是有预谋的… |
[10:47] | without malice or intent to hurt you. | 没有任何伤害你的故意或者恶意. |
[10:49] | I’m sure just one thing led to another. | 我肯定那只是你一时糊涂. |
[10:52] | That’s right. He’s very charming. | – 恩,对的 – 他很迷人. |
[10:54] | He can be. | 他有时是的. |
[10:55] | Oh, Shirley… | 哦, Shirley! |
[10:57] | Tell me what happened. | 告诉我发生了什么! |
[10:59] | In your marriage? In bed with you and Ivan. | – 你的婚姻当中? – 你和Ivan的床上关系中. |
[11:01] | What? Tell me. | – 什么? – 告诉我. |
[11:03] | If I know what you two did, I’ll be able to move past it, | 如果我知道你们俩做了什么, 我会更好的忘记他. |
[11:06] | but I have to know exactly what I’m moving past. | 但是我必须知道 你们具体的行为来忘记! |
[11:09] | You have to know exactly? | 你必须细节都知道? |
[11:11] | Couldn’t you just know-ish? | 你就不能,就这样说说吗? |
[11:15] | You’re right. I’ll just imagine the details. | 你说的对.我就自己想下细节吧. |
[11:20] | The important part is that you did the brave, honorable, honest thing by telling me, | 最重要的是你告诉我事实是一件很 勇敢,值得尊重又诚实的事情. |
[11:24] | and I still want you to represent me. | 而且我还是想你来代理我. |
[11:27] | So what happens next? | 那下一步怎么走? |
[11:31] | We go to court. | 我们上法庭. |
[11:34] | You approached the defendant directly with a plea offer? | 你直接找到被告去要认罪邀请? |
[11:36] | I did not go there to elicit any response. | 我并非去那里 搞什么非法的取证. |
[11:38] | Why did you go then? | 你到底为什么去那里? |
[11:39] | Because I have ethical concerns | 因为我有道德上的思考去… |
[11:41] | as to whether he’s getting a fair and true representation from this megalomaniac. | 考虑他是否能从这个疯子 代理人身上获得公正 |
[11:45] | I consider myself first and foremost an officer of the court. | 我自己认为自己, 最重要的,是一名法庭工作者. |
[11:48] | You’re in contempt. | 你藐视法庭. |
[11:49] | And if I think a defendant’s interests are being undermined | 而且我认为一位被告的利益被忽略 |
[11:52] | by a narcissistic lawyer’s need for publicity… | 被一位想获得爆光率的自恋律师…! |
[11:54] | If you ever so much as look at the defendant again outside of counsel, | 如果你再这么直接找被告,没有律师在场, |
[11:57] | I will declare prosecutorial misconduct and direct a verdict for the defendant. | 我就判你程序失误 并且对被告下直接判决! |
[12:01] | Your honor, he’s gone to all my witnesses. | 法官大人.他去了我所有证人那里. |
[12:02] | Mr. Little is the accused, one with counsel, | Little先生是被告!有律师的被告! |
[12:05] | and Mr. Coho is entitled to talk to the witnesses! | 而 Coho先生有权找证人谈话. |
[12:07] | – You want to rein me in? – You are not helping yourself, sir. | – 你想治住我?! – 先生,您这么说并不讨好. |
[12:11] | I will not let this trial become about the two of you. | 我不会让这案子变成 你们两个的争端. |
[12:14] | We have a canon of legal ethics which you will both abide by, | 我们有你们两个 都要遵循的法律职业道德.. |
[12:19] | or I will remove you both. | 还吵我就把你们都炒了! |
[12:22] | Mr. Winant… | Winant先生, |
[12:24] | I am shocked and appalled. | 我对你感到既惊讶又心寒. |
[12:28] | That is all. | 就这样了. |
[12:34] | Hey, sorry to turn you in. I just thought he’d want to know. | 对不起把你招到这里来. 我觉得他想了解下情况. |
[12:49] | I don’t mean to sound impatient. | 我并不想表现得很没耐心. |
[12:51] | I’ve been waiting for close to two hours. | 可我已经等了大概两小时, |
[12:52] | I just want ten minutes. | 我只想要十分钟. |
[12:54] | As you can see, Mr. Coho, Dr. Simon is extremely busy. | 你也知道,Coho先生, Simon医生非常地忙, |
[12:57] | I explained to you he would not be able to see you today. | 我已经跟你解释过了他今天没空见你, |
[13:00] | I believe I explained it to you twice. | 我记得我跟你解释了两遍. |
[13:02] | It’s just, um… | 这只是,额… |
[13:05] | I’m a little upset that Dr. Simon would reveal everything that I told him in a private session. | 我只是对于Simon医生对私下见面的事情 也会到处透露而感到失望. |
[13:11] | I would expect that he would not repeat everything I told him in the strictest confidence | 我只希望对他说过的要严格保密的话 他会和别人再乱说… |
[13:15] | and blab to everyone about my phobias and sexual problems | 然后乱讲关于我的恐惧症或者生理问题… |
[13:19] | and my most intimate insecurities. | 而我的最大的不安在于… |
[13:21] | And to print it on his web site. | 他还发在他的网站上! |
[13:23] | Hold on one second, please. | 请等一会儿. |
[13:25] | If I lose a single patient as a result of that flagrant, outrageous outburst, | 如果因为你这种不安,暴躁的宣泄 而让我丢了一位病人客户的话, |
[13:30] | I will sue you! | 我就会告你! |
[13:31] | Yeah, well, it’s gonna have to be a counterclaim, | 恩,好,肯定会有反诉, |
[13:32] | ’cause we’re probably gonna sue you first. | 因为我们可能会先告你. |
[13:34] | I’ve got a client sitting in a jail cell | 我有个当事人现在还在蹲监狱 |
[13:35] | because you violated doctor-patient communication. | 就因为你违反了医生-病人保密规则. |
[13:38] | That’s privileged information, pal. | 老兄,那可是保密信息啊. |
[13:40] | You don’t think it was an agonizing thing! | 你不认为这是件苦恼的事情吗? |
[13:42] | – You think it was legal? – Yes, it was legal! | – 你不觉得这是非法的? – 是的,这合法! |
[13:44] | If I believe somebody’s life is in danger… | 如果我觉得有人生命受到威胁… |
[13:46] | Her life was no longer in danger. She was dead. | 她生命没再受到威胁!她已经死了! |
[13:49] | No, she wasn’t, not when I turned the tape over. | 不,她没有!直到我拿出了带子以后! |
[13:52] | When did you turn it over? The afternoon of her death. | – 你什么时候交出的? – 她死的下午! |
[13:57] | You gave the tape to the police the afternoon of her death? | 你在她死的那天下午把带子交警察啦? |
[14:00] | Well, I… | 恩. |
[14:01] | I didn’t give it to the police. | 我没把它交警察. |
[14:04] | I gave it to her husband. | 我把它交她丈夫了. |
[14:06] | What? He was here, so I gave it to him. | – 哈? – 恩,他在那.我就给他啦. |
[14:12] | What do you mean, “he was here”? | 他在那 是什么意思? |
[14:15] | Scott Little was referred to me by Marcia Hooper, | Scott Little是 Marcia Hooper介绍给我的, |
[14:18] | who I used to treat. | 她以前是我病人 |
[14:21] | I currently treat her husband, Brian. | 我当时也治疗她丈夫, Brian. |
[14:29] | Okay, before we start, | 恩,我们开始以前, |
[14:30] | I want it on the record that I am very uncomfortable deposing a dwarf. | 我想你们记下: 我和一个侏儒聊取证很不舒服. |
[14:34] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 你这是什么意思? |
[14:35] | It means I’m uncomfortable. | 是说这样我不舒服. |
[14:36] | I don’t need any victims’ rights groups picketing outside my condo. | 我可不要什么受害者 权益维护队在我家门口聚集 |
[14:39] | Not to mention the fact you obviously have deep psychological issues | 更别提你肯定有严重心理问题, |
[14:43] | to accept any date with a 72-year-old man, let alone him. | 会去接受个72岁老男人的约会,更别提是这个人– |
[14:48] | Just ask your questions, bitchy-do. | 问你的问题吧,小贱人. |
[14:50] | I want that attack on the record. | 我希望把她这句脏话记下, |
[14:53] | Is it your testimony, miss Horowitz, | Horowitz小姐,这是不是你的证词说 |
[14:55] | that when two people meet for romantic purposes | 当两个人为了浪漫 这理由相见的话… |
[14:58] | they are not entitled to judge one another on physical appearance? | 他们不应该因为外表而来衡量人? |
[15:01] | That is not my testimony, | 这不是我证词, |
[15:02] | but he is not allowed to call me a midget in a crowded room full of my peers. | 可是他不应该在一个人多的 地方叫我矮子.那么多我的同龄人的地方. |
[15:07] | Oh, other people heard this? Yes. | – 哦!有其他人听到了? – 是的. |
[15:09] | Name six. I didn’t get names. | – 说六个人来听听. – 我当时又没记名字的, |
[15:12] | I was too shaken. I see. | – 我当时太震惊了. – 看得出来. |
[15:14] | Do you make room for the possibility that Mr. Crane was shaken? | 你有没有预料过Crane先生也震惊了? |
[15:18] | Did you ever mention beforehand that you were a little person? | 你有没有事先告诉过他 你的个子就一丁点儿? |
[15:22] | I said that I’m petite. “Petite”? | – 我说过我很’娇小’. – ‘娇小’? |
[15:26] | That’s what I am. I’m petite. | 我就是这样的啊.我很娇小. |
[15:29] | You two spoke over the internet for two weeks, | 你们两个网聊了两星期, |
[15:32] | divulging personal, intimate details. | 暴露个人亲密的细节 |
[15:35] | You leave out the fact that you’re under 3 feet tall? | 但是忘了你只有不到三尺高的这个事实 |
[15:38] | Do you think that’s honest? | 你觉得那样诚实吗? |
[15:40] | Look at him! Did I get Mel Gibson? | 看看他,你觉得他像他说的 Mel Gibson吗? |
[15:44] | Maybe I did. | 也许是有点像. |
[15:46] | Why didn’t you tell him you were a dwarf? | 你为什么不告诉他你是个侏儒? |
[15:48] | Because it shouldn’t matter. | 因为这不要紧的啊. |
[15:50] | – It shouldn’t matter? – No, it shouldn’t matter. | – 这还不要紧? – 对!这不要紧的! |
[15:56] | I can see you’re hurt. | 我能了解你很受伤. |
[15:58] | Could you be especially hurt | 你会不会觉得尤其受伤因为… |
[16:00] | because this is the first time you felt you hooked up with someone | 这是你第一次钓上了男人… |
[16:03] | where you being a dwarf didn’t matter? | 在一个你是侏儒别人会觉得不要紧的地方? |
[16:06] | Who are you, Dr. Phil? | 你以为你是谁? Phil博士? |
[16:08] | During the course of your internet relationship, | 在你的网上情缘里… |
[16:11] | did you happen to fall for my client a little? | 你是不是也对我当事人有点迷恋了? |
[16:14] | Oh, please. Then what’s the harm? | – 哦,得了吧. – 那你又有什么损害呢? |
[16:17] | You seem pretty thick-skinned. | 你还真是厚脸皮. |
[16:19] | I’m sure you’ve faced your share of ridicule. | 我肯定你自己也觉得自己荒谬. |
[16:21] | Were you really damaged by a callous remark from a buffoon? | 你真觉得这样个小丑让你觉得身心受损? |
[16:26] | Who are you to say what does or doesn’t humiliate me? | 你凭什么判断 有哪些东西到底让我羞愧不羞愧 |
[16:30] | You had high hopes for a relationship with this man, didn’t you? | 你对和这个男人交往很有希望,是不? |
[16:34] | You daydreamed about going up against him in law school. | 你幻想着能和他一起上法学院; |
[16:38] | You were in awe of him, and he rejected you. | 你敬慕着他.而他拒绝了你. |
[17:00] | My client signed this post-nup under both emotional and carnal duress. | 我当事人在情感和生理都受挫的情况下 签署了这份婚后协议. |
[17:05] | The terms are onerous, unconscionable… | 这些规则又多,又无良— |
[17:08] | We negotiated in good faith, your honor. There was nothing onerous about it. | 我们当时善意谈论过,法官大人. 这没什么无良的. |
[17:10] | Why would anyone voluntarily sign away | 为什么会有人自动签署… |
[17:13] | all of his possessions for virtually no consideration? | 根本没有什么对价的放弃所有财产的协议? |
[17:15] | He was under a spell, a sort of orgasmic stupor. | 他是被诅咒了.一种极度的快感. |
[17:18] | The consideration was sex with Missy. | 对价是和Missy的性关系. |
[17:20] | Oh, please, he was still getting it on with you! | 哦,得了吧!他在你身上还得到了不是! |
[17:22] | – Objection! – Which brings us right back to unconscionable. | – 反对! – 这倒让我们觉得很无良了. |
[17:25] | Mr. Shore, that’s enough. Really? | – Shore先生,适而可止吧. – 真的? |
[17:27] | Then I’d like to call a witness. | 然后我想宣告一个证人. |
[17:29] | – What witness? – You. | – 什么证人? – 你呗. |
[17:30] | – Me? – You. | – 我? – 你. |
[17:31] | – He can’t call opposing counsel. – Of course I can. | – 他不能传唤对方律师. – 明显我可以. |
[17:34] | Ms. Schmidt is a material witness. In fact she’s the material witness. | Schmidt小姐是重要证人. 实际上,她是唯一重要证人, |
[17:37] | She’s perfectly happy to bellow her position in open court. | 她很喜欢在公开的 法庭上大声宣扬她的位置 |
[17:40] | I merely ask that she do so under oath. | 我仅仅是要她宣誓后进行罢了. |
[17:46] | I’ll allow it. | 我许可. |
[17:48] | Ms. Schmidt will take the stand this afternoon. | Schmidt小姐下午将出庭做证. |
[17:52] | Is your resume intact? | 你的简历还完好的是吧? |
[17:54] | Shirley, you’re being retaliatory. | Shirley! 你开始报复啦! |
[17:57] | It becomes you. | 真有你的了. |
[18:00] | The shrink was treating the victim and her husband? | 那个心理医生又治她又治她丈夫? |
[18:03] | He saw that tape. He didn’t tell his wife. | 他看了那带子,他没告诉他妻子! |
[18:05] | – How can you be sure of that? – She made love to Scott that night. | – 你怎么能那么肯定? – 她那晚和Scott有发生关系. |
[18:07] | Would she have done that if she knew that he harbored thoughts of killing her? | 如果她知道他酝酿着杀她的观念 的话她还会那么做么! |
[18:10] | Would she not have said something like, | 她就不会说类似于, |
[18:11] | “hey, what’s up with wanting me dead?” | “嘿!你想我死是怎么回事?”这样的话么? |
[18:13] | The husband saw the tape. He sat on it. | 丈夫看了带子,却坐视不管. |
[18:15] | He didn’t tell her. | 他没有告诉她. |
[18:18] | What are you thinking? | 你在想什么? |
[18:19] | I’m thinking how perfect if he wanted to kill her. | 我在想如果他想杀她真是太完美了. |
[18:21] | The angry, bald little husband, he waits for Scott to come over, | 那个愤怒的光头小丈夫.他等着Scott过去, |
[18:25] | waits for them to make love, perfect, he comes home, | 等着他们发生关系后,太完美了!他回来啦~ |
[18:28] | whacks her once on the head, dials 911, | 马上在她头上一敲,然后打911 |
[18:31] | hands over the tape. | 交上带子 |
[18:33] | The angry, bald little husband killed his wife, | 那个愤怒的光头小丈夫杀了他妻子! |
[18:36] | just like in the movies. | 就像电影里演的一样. |
[18:47] | It’s very good news. | 真是很好的消息. |
[18:49] | Do the police know about this? They must. | – 警察都知道这些吗? – 他们肯定知道. |
[18:52] | The minute he gave them the tape, they had to ask when he got it. | 他们一拿到带子,肯定要问他什么时候拿到的. |
[18:55] | Whether they know that Dr. Simon treated him and her, | 现在不管他们知不知道 Simon医生既治疗他又治疗她, |
[18:58] | I don’t know, but the truth is, Scott, it doesn’t matter. | 我不管.反正真相是,Scott,并不要紧. |
[19:01] | Because you are the only one they have a shot at getting for this murder. | 因为,你是这个谋杀案中他们唯一能找到的. |
[19:05] | You’re the target. | 你是替罪羊. |
[19:06] | In the end, that tape speaks for itself. | 最后,带子自己也说明白了事实. |
[19:11] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[19:12] | We need you to authorize our access | 如果你授权我们… |
[19:14] | to Dr. Simon’s notes and records concerning your treatment. | 去查看Simon医生治疗你的记录 |
[19:18] | Why? | 为什么? |
[19:19] | Well, we have to be able to put that footage into context. | 恩,我们就能把一切都串起来啦. |
[19:21] | There may things that you said that I can use. | 也许有你说的我能用的上的东西. |
[19:24] | I can’t know that until I review it all. | 我也不知道,看了以后才晓得. |
[19:33] | I don’t think I want you to see or read everything I said to my shrink. | 我不想让你去看或者去 了解我对我精神医生说的任何东西. |
[19:36] | Scott, it would be for our eyes only. | Scott,只是我们看看罢了. |
[19:39] | There’s nothing I said that’s really relevant. | 我说的和这一点也不相关的. |
[19:41] | You’ve got to let us decide that, Scott. | 这得由我们说了算, Scott. |
[19:46] | No. | 不. |
[19:48] | That stuff is privileged. | 那东西是保密的. |
[19:50] | Scott, I’m the one vested with saving your life. | Scott, 我可是负责救你命的人. |
[19:55] | That’s not shaping up to be an easy job right now. | 现在看来这活儿也不轻松. |
[19:58] | I don’t want you looking at my therapist’s records. | 我不想你查看我精神治疗记录. |
[20:01] | – Scott… – I said no! | – 我说了, “不行!!” – Scott… |
[20:08] | What do you mean, she won’t drop it? | 你说她不撤诉是什么意思? |
[20:10] | She’s hurt. | 她受伤了. |
[20:11] | My advice is if you really want this to go away, | 我的建议是你真想 这一切都解决的话, |
[20:13] | you have to apologize, and this time make it heartfelt. | 你得道歉去. 而这次要用心地去做. |
[20:16] | – Do you do that? – Never. | – 你有那么做过么? – 从来都没. |
[20:17] | I really appreciate your coming. | 非常感谢你的到来. |
[20:20] | I’d like a small sandwich and some coffee. | 我想要点小三明治还要点咖啡. |
[20:22] | Not a problem. | 没问题. |
[20:24] | You want to talk to me about the boy, don’t you? | 你想和我谈谈 那个男孩的事情,不是吗? |
[20:26] | Well, yes, but first I’d like to talk to you about that night. | 恩.是的.但是首先, 我想谈谈那天晚上发生的事. |
[20:28] | The night she died? Yes. | – 她死的那天晚上? – 是的. |
[20:31] | He was there that night, the boy. | 他那天晚上在那里.那男孩. |
[20:34] | And did you see them make love? | 你看到了他们发生关系吗? |
[20:37] | No, but he used the clicker. | 没.但是他用了那个遥控器. |
[20:40] | “The clicker”? | 遥控器? |
[20:41] | The remote that opens the garage door. | 就是打开车库门的机器. |
[20:44] | She gave all her special lovers clickers. | 她给她所有特殊的 爱人都发了个遥控器. |
[20:47] | That way they could go undetected by suspecting neighbors, | 这样他们能从有 怀疑的邻居旁潜入.. |
[20:50] | but I always knew. | 但是总瞒不过我. |
[20:52] | Did you see anybody besides Scott Little go there that night? | 你那晚看到除了Scott Little 还有人进吗? |
[20:56] | No. He left at 9, | 没.他九点就离开了. |
[20:58] | and the husband got home sometime between 10 and 11. | 而丈夫是10到11点间回来的. |
[21:01] | Between 10 and 11? You’re sure? Oh, yes. | – 10到11点之间,你肯定吗? – 哦,是的. |
[21:03] | I was out with my little dog. | 我出去骝小狗. |
[21:05] | I walk my little dog always between 10 and 11, | 我总在10到11点间去骝我的小狗. |
[21:08] | and that’s when I saw the husband go in. | 那是我看到他丈夫回家的时候. |
[21:10] | – You sure it was the husband? – I am. | – 你肯定那是她丈夫? – 对啊. |
[21:12] | He drives some sort of little white convertible in an attempt, I suppose, | 他开着一辆白色的小敞篷汽车. 我觉得有什么不对, |
[21:15] | to seem interesting, which he’s not, not at all. | 像是有意思,但是他又不是有意思的人. 一点儿也不是. |
[21:19] | He’s a nasty little man. | 他是个恶心的小个子. |
[21:21] | He made her get that restraining order against me. | 他逼她对我申请了禁令. |
[21:24] | He made her do it. | 他强迫她的. |
[21:25] | Well, you are a peeping Tom. | 恩,你是个偷窥者嘛. |
[21:27] | Oh, she liked that. | 哦!她喜欢我偷窥. |
[21:29] | She liked that I looked. I was a benign peepy. | 她喜欢我看. 我是个平和的偷窥者. |
[21:33] | The other men who had the clickers, do you think you might recognize them? | 其他的有遥控器的男人. 你能认出他们吗? |
[21:37] | I might. | 可能吧. |
[21:39] | But he was her favorite, the boy. | 但他是她最喜欢的,那个男孩. |
[21:42] | Oh, she liked that boy. | 哦,她喜欢那个男孩. |
[21:49] | Uh, Ms. Schmidt, | Schmidt小姐, |
[21:51] | you and my client Ivan Tiggs made love on the night of may 13th, did you not? | 你和我当事人, Ivan Tiggs, 在5月13日晚发生了关系,不是吗? |
[21:57] | Right out of the gate! | 你太扯了你! |
[21:59] | Yes, we did. | 是的,我们有. |
[22:01] | – Did he satisfy you completely? – Objection. | – 他让你完全满足了吗? – 反对! |
[22:02] | Tell us everything. Leave nothing out. | 告诉我们一切.别漏了什么. |
[22:04] | – Objection! – What? Oh, yes. | – 反对! – 什么?哦.好. |
[22:07] | Uh, it goes to unconscionability. | 讨论下 无良. |
[22:09] | If Mr. Tiggs pleased her to such an extent… | 如果Tiggs先生让她得到了很大满足的话… |
[22:12] | Mr. Shore. | Shore先生! |
[22:14] | Mr. Tiggs did satisfy you, didn’t he? | Tiggs让你满足了,不是吗? |
[22:19] | I’m under oath. It wasn’t his best work. | 我发誓了要说实话. 那天并不是他的最好表现. |
[22:23] | Mr. Shore, what, pray tell, is your point? | Shore先生,老实告诉我, 你的观点是什么? |
[22:25] | My point is, the parties were entwined in a volatile and still very emotional, | 我的观点是,双方纠缠 在一段疯狂,而且很感性, |
[22:32] | moist physical relationship even after he remarried, | 潮湿! 生理感情关系上, 即使他已结婚, |
[22:36] | but you two did get back together, didn’t you? | 但是你们最终还是好了,不是吗? |
[22:39] | Only because he told me he’d left his wife. | 只是因为他告诉我要离开他妻子! |
[22:41] | And how did it make you feel when you discovered Ivan was still married? | 但当你发现了Ivan 仍然还是结婚的你是什么感受? |
[22:45] | Did the fact that he was unfaithful hurt me? Yes, it did. | 他不忠的事实是不是打击了我? 是的,没错. |
[22:48] | Did it surprise me? No, it did not. | 让我震惊吗?不,没有. |
[22:50] | After all, he’s a womanizing slimeball. | 总之,他是个玩弄女人的痞子. |
[22:54] | And consumed with anger, perhaps vengeance, a soupcon de passion, | 然后随着愤怒,也许还有高潮, 激情的快感下, |
[22:58] | you then solicited his wife. | 后来你又找到了他妻子! |
[23:00] | Is that what you think? It’s what we both know. | – 你是这么想的? – 这是我们都知道的. |
[23:02] | I volunteered to represent her because… | 我主动来代理她的.因为她…! |
[23:04] | And whose idea was the post-nuptial agreement? | 而且谁是出婚后协议的主意的人? |
[23:07] | Mine. | 是我. |
[23:08] | Post-nups are meant to provide support after a divorce, not prevent one. | 婚后协议是要在离婚 后起作用的,而不是阻碍离婚的! |
[23:13] | – Who is the lawyer here? – Certainly not you. | – 这儿到底谁是律师? – 肯定不是你啦! |
[23:15] | You specifically prepared it to prevent me from doing | 你特意准备来防止我要… |
[23:18] | what I had done with you. | 做曾经对你做过的事情. |
[23:20] | I simply wanted to present you with options. | – 我只是想给你个选择的余地. – 选择余地? |
[23:23] | Options? There were no options. This was blackmail! | 根本没有选择余地!这是胁迫! |
[23:25] | Your honor, he is a party, not the lawyer. | 法官大人!他是当事人!不是律师! |
[23:27] | Of my net worth, you also attached my boat, | 包括将近我的八成收入! 你还想要那艘船! |
[23:30] | everything I hold dear. You need to reassess your priorities. | – 都是我很珍重的东西! – 你得自己权衡下轻重. |
[23:33] | Are you going to tell us under oath that this agreement, | 你是想告诉我们,你发誓过的, 这张协议, |
[23:35] | which virtually makes me penniless, | 会让我身无分文, |
[23:37] | has nothing whatsoever to do with your personal feelings for me? | 和你对我的感觉一点儿也不相关? |
[23:40] | – Isn’t it exciting? – Objection! | – 这不是很刺激吗? – 反对! |
[23:42] | My relations with you had absolutely no impact on how I represented my client. | 我和你的关系一点 也不影响我对当事人的代理 |
[23:47] | My job as attorney is to vigorously represent my clients. | 我作为律师的工作是 要全心代理我的当事人. |
[23:50] | In this case, my client was Mrs. Missy Tiggs. | 在这个案子中,我当事人 是Missy Tiggs夫人, |
[23:53] | And as her counsel, I drafted a post-nuptial agreement, | 而作为她律师我起草了一份婚后协议 |
[23:57] | which both protected her interests on a personal and a material level. | 这些把她的利益在个人人身 和物质上都受到保护. |
[24:01] | You, on the other hand, represented yourself. | 你!从另一角度来说,又代理你自己. |
[24:04] | You, as both counsel and a client, had full control of this. | 你!又做当事人又做律师,完全应付得了. |
[24:08] | You reviewed all of the terms. You ran it past yourself, | 你看了所有条款.你自己仔细看了… |
[24:12] | and then you voluntarily signed it. | 然后你还自己主动签字了! |
[24:14] | – Now wait a minute! – She is magnificent. | – 现在,请缓一缓! – 她真伟大! |
[24:16] | You cheated on your wife. You deceived me, | 你欺骗了你妻子.你欺骗了我. |
[24:19] | and now you want this court to invalidate a perfectly legal agreement | 而且你何尝不想让这个法庭让一份 完美的合法的协议无效 |
[24:22] | because you couldn’t keep the vows you made when you were married. | 因为你不想坚守 你在结婚时所发的誓言! |
[24:26] | Your honor, she’s lecturing me. | 法官大人,她在教导我还! |
[24:27] | Duress, unconscionability, give me a break. | 条文是胁迫,是无良的.省省吧你. |
[24:29] | You’re just bored, and you don’t want to lose your stuff. | 你只是无聊了然后又不想损失你财产! |
[24:33] | Enough. | 好了! |
[24:43] | First of all, I want to thank you for coming back in. | 首先,我想谢谢 你亲自过来了 |
[24:46] | And secondly, I want to apologize in a heartfelt way, | 其次,我想真心道歉. |
[24:50] | I was wrong. | 我错了. |
[24:51] | That’s very big of you to admit. | 你这么承认是大大的勇敢啊. |
[24:53] | What is it you want? Money, is it? | 你想要什么?钱,不是吗? |
[24:56] | You want to make this right? | 你想和解? |
[24:58] | – I’ll settle for your law firm. – Oh, gee, is that all? | – 你把律所拉来我就和解. – 哦,天,这样就可以了? |
[25:01] | I want to borrow it and you for a meeting. | 我想在一个会议里,借用下你的律所, 还有你. |
[25:04] | I’m trying to settle a case, and I’m having a hard time | 我想调解一个案子而现在又很困难… |
[25:07] | moving the defendant off his disgusting lowball offer. | 让被告移除那恶心得过低的开价. |
[25:10] | if I had Crane, Poole & Schmidt behind me, | 如果我有Crane, Poole&Schmidt律所 做靠山的话, |
[25:12] | I think they might budge. | 我觉得他们可能会动摇. |
[25:17] | A meeting? | 一个会议? |
[25:19] | Would I have to talk? | 会要我表态的吗? |
[25:21] | You’re much more impressive when you don’t. | 你不说话更有说服力. |
[25:24] | One meeting? | 一个会议就行? |
[25:26] | In these offices, I’ll call it even. | 在你律所办公室里! 然后我们就扯平了. |
[25:30] | Not quite. One condition. | 还没呢.还有个条件. |
[25:33] | Take off your clothes. What? | – 把你衣服脱了吧. – 什么? |
[25:35] | Oh, come on. That was the initial plan. | 哦,得了吧.你最开始的意图不是这样么! |
[25:38] | We hit it off, eventually we get together, | 我们合的来,最终我们也会一起, |
[25:42] | naked. | 不穿衣服. |
[25:43] | Take off your clothes. Let me see that little package. | 脱了你的衣服. 让我看看那小小的一切. |
[25:47] | You are the most disgusting, vulgar human being I have ever met. | 你是我见过的最恶心,最无耻的人! |
[25:54] | You’re right. | 你说的对. |
[25:56] | Just the top then? | 那就只上半身 怎样? |
[26:05] | I promised myself that I wouldn’t lose my composure, | 我答应自己要冷静处理, |
[26:08] | and that’s exactly what I did. | 而我也这么做了. |
[26:10] | Shirley, how many promises have you kept with yourself | Shirley. 你还能保持多少誓言 |
[26:14] | when it comes to Ivan Tiggs? | 当你和Ivan Tiggs在一起的时候? |
[26:18] | Look. | 听着! |
[26:20] | No evidence of anybody else there, not a fiber, a print. | 没有其他人在场的证据. 没有纤维,没有指纹… |
[26:23] | Come on, Mary! Who else could have done this but Scott Little? | 得了吧, Mary! 除了Scott Little还有谁能犯案?! |
[26:26] | Hello! How about the husband? | 恩!那位丈夫呢!? |
[26:28] | Spousicide is the most common… | 妻子不忠是最常见的— |
[26:32] | Well, they’re playing that for all it’s worth. | 哦,他们现在抓狂行动了. |
[26:34] | Well, of course they are. Ratings for the war are slipping. | 哦,当然.胜算不多嘛. |
[26:37] | Shirley, we have to settle this with Ivan Tiggs. | Shirley, 我们得和Ivan Tiggs和解. |
[26:41] | Let’s just see how Missy’s testimony goes. | 我们就先看看Missy的 做证进展会怎样再说. |
[26:45] | When a person is told she needs heart surgery, | 当一个被告知要进行心脏手术, |
[26:48] | she does not expect to be shipped to India to have it. | 她可没想到会被运到印度去做啊. |
[26:50] | You say it like she was forced. | 你说的她好象是被逼的; |
[26:52] | Your client’s wife was provided with an option… | 你当事人的妻子当时是有选择余地来— |
[26:54] | Option? | 选择余地? |
[26:55] | Pay $18,000 here or go to India and have it for free? | 花费18000美圆在这里做, 或者免费去印度做? |
[26:59] | Does that sound like a real option for a low-income person, Mr. Jovanka? | Jovanka先生,这对于低收入者来说 真有选择余地吗? |
[27:03] | Look, your client wouldn’t have even had health insurance | 听着.你的当事人不仅没有健康保险 |
[27:05] | – if we couldn’t make it affordable… – She died, Mr. Jovanka. | – 如果我们不减少开支— – 她死了,Jovanka先生, |
[27:08] | Am I expected to get on a plane now and go sue Indians? | 然后我现在得坐飞机 然后去告印度人? |
[27:11] | The death had nothing to do with malpractice or the quality of care provided. | 她的死亡和医生操作以及设备没任何关系. |
[27:14] | What about the therapeutic value of having family around during surgery? | 在手术时有家人关照不也是治疗良药吗? |
[27:18] | – Look… – You keep saying “look”. | – 听着… – 你总不停地说, “听着!” |
[27:20] | Heart surgery in the United States costs $90,000 all in. | 心脏手术在美国花费 超过90,000美圆,总共加起来 |
[27:24] | In India, it costs $10,000. | 在印度只要10美圆! |
[27:26] | With the crisis of health care coverage in this country, | 随着本国健康方面的支出的激增, |
[27:28] | what responsible HMO wouldn’t incentivize its patients to go abroad? | 负责的HMO(卫生维护组织)难道不会考虑 把它的病人送到外国治疗吗? |
[27:32] | This woman did not die because of substandard care! | 这个女人并不是因为医疗水平而死的! |
[27:36] | And if you think you’re gonna scare us into settling | 你以为你能吓着我们来调解 |
[27:39] | by sticking this prop at the table a week before trial, | 在开庭前一星期抓住着这点不放的话? |
[27:42] | you’re as mistaken as you are transparent. | 就像你很无知一样你是错误的. |
[27:46] | What did you call me? | 你刚说我什么? |
[27:48] | I mean no disrespect. | 我没不尊重您. |
[27:49] | Get out of my office before I throw you out the window. | 滚出我的办公室, 否则我把你从窗户上扔出去. |
[27:52] | Fine! | 好吧. |
[27:54] | I’ll see you at trial. | 法庭上见. |
[27:59] | Great. | 真是的. |
[28:02] | Well, I hope that helped. | 恩,我希望我帮了忙. |
[28:06] | See you in court. | 法庭上见啊. |
[28:14] | When we back somebody, we back them all the way. | 我们支持一个人的时候,我们就支持到底. |
[28:17] | Really? | 真的? |
[28:18] | You have the full resources of Crane, Poole & Schmidt. | 你能随意利用Crane, Poole&Schmidt的资源. |
[28:34] | I held up my end of the bargain. | 我坚持要我要的. |
[28:37] | I was a good wife. | 我是个好妻子. |
[28:39] | I came from a modest background, | 我来自一个有教养的家庭, |
[28:41] | and this man came in and swept me off my feet. | 而这个人出现后重新改变了我生活. |
[28:45] | I entered his world, and I became accustomed to his lifestyle, | 我进入了他的世界适应了他的生活方式. |
[28:48] | adjusted. | 调整了自己的! |
[28:50] | Uh, we were only married nine months. | 啊,我们才结婚了九个月. |
[28:51] | I’m a fast adjuster! So what is your life like now? | – 我适应得很快的! – 那你现在的生活是怎样的? |
[28:55] | I’m comfortable, but my Sally’s having puppies. | 我很舒坦.只是我的Sally要生孩子啦! |
[28:58] | I have so much more responsibility now. | 我现在担子更重了. |
[29:01] | I’m going to be a single mother. | 我会变成单身妈妈. |
[29:03] | Is she having the puppies? | 宠物也归她? |
[29:05] | They’re show dogs. | 它们是表演狗! |
[29:07] | How am I supposed to raise show dogs by myself? | 我一个人可怎么把狗狗拉扯大啊? |
[29:10] | And how do you feel now that your husband has ended the marriage? | 而你丈夫要终结这段婚姻 你有什么感受? |
[29:13] | Objection! This is ludicrous, your honor. | 反对!这简直滑稽,法官大人! |
[29:15] | I’m not going to throw her out to become a loveable street urchin. | 我不会把她像流浪儿一样扫地出门. |
[29:18] | I’ll make a good settlemen, I’ll pay her alimony | 我会好好和解, 给她生活费. |
[29:21] | and do all the good things I always do. | 然后做我以前经常做的好事情. |
[29:23] | However, that is not the agreement you signed. | 就是不做你签字了的事情. |
[29:25] | An agreement you conceived of and coerced him to sign. | 一个你想象的协议,然后你逼迫他签字的. |
[29:28] | Oh, please. You have never been coerced into anything in your entire life. | 哦,得了吧.你人生从来没被人逼迫过! |
[29:32] | You don’t know everything about me. Yes, I do. | – 你根本不完全了解我! – 不,我了解. |
[29:37] | In my chambers. | 到我办公室去. |
[29:39] | Just Ms. Schmidt and Mr. Tiggs. | 只要Schmidt小姐和Tiggs先生. |
[29:41] | Couldn’t I come and just watch? | 我能不能也过去,就看看? |
[29:43] | No. | 不行. |
[29:47] | I have had it with you two. | 我受够了你们俩! |
[29:50] | If I wanted to see a couple bickering, I could just go home. | 如果要我看两口子吵架,我宁愿回家. |
[29:53] | We are not a couple. Right. | – 我们不是两口子. – 好吧. |
[29:56] | You’re playing out your personal problems in my courtroom. | 你们在我的法庭上演个人纠纷. |
[29:59] | I could hold you in contempt and recommend you be sanctioned by the bar. | 我会认定你们都藐视法庭 让你们受律师协会处分. |
[30:03] | Your honor, Mr. Tiggs has a history of ruining women’s lives. | 法官大人,Tiggs先生有摧毁女性生活史. |
[30:06] | There’s one out there right now. | 外面现在就是个例子. |
[30:08] | It’s going to take her years to get over this. | 她得花几年才能度过阴影呢. |
[30:10] | Oh, she’ll get over me. She’s like a goldfish. | 哦,她会忘了我的,她就像条金鱼 |
[30:12] | She has a 3-second memory. | 没几秒钟的记忆. |
[30:14] | You, on the other hand, can hold onto things for years. | 你,却不一样,总是会计较几年! |
[30:19] | What are you implying? | 你什么意思? |
[30:20] | You didn’t make that post-nup | 你写那婚后协议,不是为了. |
[30:22] | to, to punish me or to keep me faithful to Missy. | 为了…惩罚我. 或者防止我对Missy不忠. |
[30:26] | You did it to keep me away from you, because you know… | 你那么写是让我离开你. 因为你知道 |
[30:31] | that you can’t trust yourself with me. | 你和我在一起就把持不住. |
[30:34] | It is always about how much people want you, isn’t it, Ivan? | 哈!总是人们渴望着你不是,Ivan? |
[30:38] | No. Just about how much you want me. | 不.只是你非常渴望着我! |
[30:44] | Admit it, Shirley. You’re still in love with me. | 承认吧, Shirley, 你还爱着我. |
[30:49] | You, you’re a very disturbed man. | 你,你是个无理取闹的男人. |
[30:56] | You know how I feel about you, Shirley. | 你知道我对你感觉是怎样的, Shirley. |
[30:58] | I tell you what, I’ll withdraw the motion and relinquish everything. | 我告诉你, 我会撤诉并放弃一切, |
[31:03] | My homes, my country club membership, my Cuban cigars… | 我家,我乡村俱乐部会员资格, 我的古巴雪茄, |
[31:06] | Missy can have it all if you agree to stop fighting yourself | Missy能得到一切, 除非你能不再强迫自己 |
[31:12] | and give me one more chance. | 然后再给我一次机会. |
[31:14] | I’ve given you too many chances. | 我给过你太多的机会. |
[31:23] | All right. | 好吧. |
[31:26] | I’ll relinquish everything if you go to dinner with me. | 只要你和我吃顿饭,我一切都不要了. |
[31:31] | I’ll take you to Melville’s. | 我带你去Melville吃饭. |
[31:33] | Though you may have to pay. | 你可能得买单. |
[31:37] | Have the rib eye. | 我要牛里脊. |
[31:47] | Jeffrey, a little problema. | Jeffery? 小问题. |
[31:51] | Hi. | 你好. |
[31:52] | Scott Little’s father is on the prosecution’s witness list. | Scott Little他爸 在控方的证人名单上. |
[31:55] | – What do you mean? – I mean they’re calling our client’s father. | – 你什么意思? – 我是说他们传唤了 我们当事人的父亲. |
[31:58] | Did you not know this? Our client? | – 你不知道吗? – 我们当事人? |
[32:00] | Is she on this case? What could he possibly say? | – 她参与了这案子? – 他能说些什么? |
[32:03] | He’s on his way in. We could go ask him. | 他要进来了.我们可以问问他. |
[32:07] | We? | 我们? |
[32:09] | Is she on the case? | 她参与这个案子么? |
[32:11] | I don’t have to tell you anything. | 我不用什么都告诉你吧. |
[32:12] | Mr. Schiller, Scott Little is your son. | Schiller先生, Scott Little是你儿子… |
[32:16] | Why isn’t his name “Schiller”? | 为什么他不姓Schiller? |
[32:17] | She changed it legally to her maiden name | 她在离婚后依法 把他的改成了娘家姓, |
[32:20] | because she’s as spiteful as she is grotesque. | 因为她又怪又固执邪恶 |
[32:23] | Tell us what you plan to say, Michael. | 告诉我们你想说什么, Michael. |
[32:25] | I’m not your little dog. I don’t have to obey your commands! | 我又不是你的小狗. 我不用遵从你的指示. |
[32:28] | You didn’t tell me this hideous witch would be here! | 你们没告诉我这个丑巫婆也在这儿. |
[32:31] | This is a pathetic attempt to be relevant in your son’s life, | 你想这样介入 你儿子生活的话真可悲. |
[32:34] | testifying against him! | 做不利证据! |
[32:36] | You denied my relevance. | 你拒绝了我和他的联系. |
[32:38] | You wouldn’t even let me see him! | 你甚至不让我见他! |
[32:39] | I was afraid he’d grow up to be you. | 我怕他长大了和你一样! |
[32:41] | You know, I can’t stay here. Seeing her breathe and speak, | 你知道么,我不能在这儿. 不能见她还活着说话. |
[32:44] | it makes it too difficult to pretend she’s dead. | 这让我想象她是个死人太难了! |
[32:47] | I pretended to be dead during sex. | 只有在和你上床是我才装死人! |
[32:49] | You seemed to prefer it. | 你看起来满喜欢那样, |
[32:51] | Because you as a corpse, | 因为你和死人一样! |
[32:53] | that’s something to get excited about. | 这可真让人兴奋! |
[32:55] | Okay! | 好吧! |
[32:56] | I’m sure it’s lovely catching up like this, but, | 这么叙叙旧可真好, |
[32:58] | Mr. Schiller, this is your son. | 但是,Schiller先生, 这可是你儿子! |
[33:01] | We only have her word on that. | 那只是她说的. |
[33:02] | How could you give testimony against him? | 你怎么能对他做不利证据呢? |
[33:04] | I’m not, at least not on the murder. | 不是啊.至少不是关于谋杀上. |
[33:06] | Then why is the prosecutor calling you? | 那为什么控方传唤你? |
[33:08] | He told me I didn’t have to talk to you people. | 他告诉过我别跟你们说话. |
[33:10] | Did he advise you not to talk to us? | 他建议了你别跟我们说话? |
[33:12] | I’m leaving. | 我要走了. |
[33:13] | You think this makes you a man, Michael? | 你觉得这样能让你像个男人, Michael. |
[33:16] | You’ve never been a man. | 你不可能像个真正的男人. |
[33:28] | Okay. | 好吧. |
[33:29] | Well, this is exciting. | 真是刺激. |
[33:35] | Bethany, Brad will be your point man here. | Bethany? Brad会是你的助手. |
[33:37] | If you need anything, go to him. | 如果你需要什么,找他. |
[33:39] | If you’re not satisfied… | 如果你还不满足… |
[33:42] | you come to me. | 找我. |
[33:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢你. |
[33:46] | I’ll arrange to have your files sent over, | 我会安排把你的档案送过来, |
[33:48] | set up a command center. Okay. | – 建立个讨论会. – 好的. |
[33:52] | I want to thank you for doing this. | 我想谢谢你这么做. |
[33:54] | I could never take on a big HMO myself, | 我自己是应付不来HMO 这样的大机构的, |
[33:57] | which is why they’ve offered me nothing. | 这也是为什么他们什么都不愿意给我. |
[33:59] | Bethany, I want to apologize for objectifying you. | Bethany. 我想为我对你的偏见道歉. |
[34:09] | The truth is, | 事实是… |
[34:11] | I do it to most women. | 我对大多数女人都这样. |
[34:14] | As… | 当我… |
[34:18] | as I was looking at you in that room, | 当我看着你的时候, |
[34:21] | going head-to-head with that opposing counsel, | 在那个房子里,和对方律师唇枪舌剑, |
[34:25] | I thought to myself, I’ll bet there goes a little sexual dynamo. | 我自己想, “这小人儿可真的有吸引力真劲爆.” |
[34:32] | Would you like to try lunch again? | 你还想和我再进晚餐吗? |
[34:37] | Let’s just get through the trial, Denny. | 让我们就只做了这个案子吧, Denny. |
[34:48] | We’re, we’re going out to dinner, so hopefully we can work it all out. | 我们…我们能一起去吃顿饭 希望把一切都解决了. |
[34:52] | Excellent. Congratulations, Shirley. | 太好了!恭喜啊, Shirley. |
[34:56] | Alan, why? | Alan! 为什么? |
[34:58] | I deserve an explanation. | 我要个解释. |
[35:01] | Yes. | 好的. |
[35:03] | First of all, the post-nup was irrationally lopsided. | 首先,这个婚后协议是无良的一边倒, |
[35:08] | It would be a shame to see Ivan destitute, | 看到Ivan潦倒是很可耻的, |
[35:11] | but even more shameful to see Missy at the helm of a cigarette boat. | 但是看到Missy在雪茄船上 掌舵更是无耻的. |
[35:15] | And second of all? | 然后最重要的其次呢? |
[35:18] | Well… | 恩. |
[35:21] | that’s private. | 保密. |
[35:24] | But something I’ll continue to dwell on as I gaze at that lovely photo of you | 但是,当我看着 在我粉墙上挂着的你那 |
[35:30] | that hangs on the wall of my powder room. | 可爱照片的时候有些事情滋生了. |
[35:32] | Careful, Alan. | 小心舌头, Alan. |
[35:33] | Oh, Shirley, I assure you, I always take the greatest of care. | 哦, Shirley, 我担保我总把它们保管得很好. |
[35:38] | But the thing about the photo is as a young woman, | 但是,对于照片来说, 作为一位年轻女人您是神圣可爱的, |
[35:45] | you were divine and in maturity, sublime. | 作为成熟女人,你是卓尔不凡的. |
[35:54] | Well, I… | 恩,我… |
[35:56] | I guess I’m happy to have made you happy. | 我觉得能让你开心我也很开心. |
[35:59] | Shirley, the truth is, | Shirley, 事实是… |
[36:01] | I only took this case to be in court with you. | 我接这案子只是想法庭上见你. |
[36:05] | I enjoy your company. | 我喜欢你参与其中. |
[36:06] | So if I can’t join you on cases, I’ll just have to oppose you. | 所以!如果我不能和你一起办案子, 我只要对着你干就行. |
[36:12] | Or I could just oppose you right now against the wall. | 或者我只要现在就在墙上把你解析了. |
[36:15] | That would certainly make me happy. | 那肯定会让我开心. |
[36:30] | I was almost there. | 我差点就被你说动了. |
[36:59] | Was this law suit about sexual antagonism? | 这个案子是关于性不和吗? |
[37:06] | Shirley… | Shirley… |
[37:08] | if I thought I could sexually profit from this, | 如果我觉得我能从中得到生理满足, |
[37:13] | I would have dragged this thing through family court for years and years. | 我可能会在家庭法院把这案子拖几年, |
[37:17] | This is just about having a fine rib eye with lovely company. | 这…这只是要块好牛排,找个好伴罢了. |
[37:24] | Shall we leave it at that? | 我们不能就这样算了? |
[37:28] | You can’t have me back. | 你不可能要回我的. |
[37:38] | Ah, well… | 啊.恩… |
[37:41] | we’ve both seen this movie, Shirley. We both know how it ends. | 我们都看过这电影, Shirley. 我们都知道结局是什么. |
[37:45] | You and I living happily ever after. | 你和我幸福永久地生活下去. |
[37:49] | At least for a few weeks. | 至少也要坚持几个星期吧. |
[38:18] | I can’t love you anymore. | 我不能再爱你了. |
[38:45] | So… | 所以… |
[38:48] | you and Ivan were in it for the same thing. | 你和Ivan都陷入了,同一件事物. |
[38:54] | Shirley! Shirley. | |
[38:56] | Joanna made me realize it as she was fitting me for a dress shirt. | Joanna让我明白她只是 按想象中的我来交往罢了. |
[39:01] | Denny, somehow I’ve grown rather fond of Shirley. | Denny, 反正我有点开始喜欢Shirley了. |
[39:03] | Well, you can’t have her. | 恩,你不能拥有她. |
[39:05] | Besides, a man doesn’t eat where his friend… | 而且,朋友妻不可… |
[39:08] | – Schmidts? – Schmidts. – Exactly.I marked that turf a long time ago. | – 对!很久以前她可是我的. |
[39:14] | Let’s talk about you suddenly co-counseling with the woman who sued you. | 我们谈谈~说是你最近和那个要告你的女人 达成统一战线啦. |
[39:18] | She’s a little powder keg. | 她是个小小能量发动机. |
[39:21] | You were once involved with a… | 你以前曾经和一个…有过联系? |
[39:23] | a little person, weren’t you? I was. | – 一个小个子.不是吗? – 是啊. |
[39:25] | How was she? | 她怎样? |
[39:27] | As a person in bed? | 作为一个人?在床上? |
[39:30] | Indefatigable. | 精力充沛. |
[39:33] | Her nickname is “the badger”. | 她的绰号,叫小獾. |
[39:38] | I wonder if she’s a badger in the sack. | 我好奇她在床上是不是也像小獾一样猛. |
[39:41] | Could be painful. | 会很痛苦的. |
[39:43] | Do you think she’d mind you talking about her this way? | 你觉得她会不会介意你这么说她? |
[39:46] | No idea. Why? | 不知道.为什么? |
[39:47] | Well, perhaps you should look down, Denny. | 恩,也许你该往下看看, Denny. |
[39:50] | – Do not tell me… – Oh, yes. | – 别告诉我. – 哦,没错. |
[39:52] | – Oh, no. – Yes. | – 不. – 是的. |
[39:56] | Having a greater appreciation for who and what you are, | 更好的了解你是谁, 是什么样的东西以后, |
[40:00] | I’m not offended. | 我不觉得受伤. |
[40:02] | – You snuck up on me. – No. | – 你偷听我. – 没啊. |
[40:05] | I came to tell you that the court assigned a trial date. | 我是来告诉你法院宣告了开庭日期. |
[40:07] | Opening arguments are Monday. | 周一公开抗辩. |
[40:15] | She’s got a cute little ass, don’t you think? | 她有个漂亮的小PP,不是吗? |
[40:17] | She certainly does. | 当然是啦. |
[40:19] | Here’s to all shapes and sizes, my friend. | 为了各种形状和大小的PP干杯,我的朋友. |
[40:22] | And to new and exciting adventures. | 也为了要到来的刺激历险干杯. |
[40:26] | Except for Shirley. | 除了Shirley. |
[40:29] | hislily88888888@hotmail.com | 英文脚本提供:lwzhxn |