时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Previously on Boston legal | Boston legal前集回顾 |
[00:02] | Shirley kissed me. She still loves me. | Shirley吻了我. 她还爱着我. |
[00:04] | I’m seeing someone who’s dying of lung cancer. | 和我约会的是个得了肺癌快要死的人. |
[00:06] | I can’t keep going. | 我不能这样下去了. |
[00:08] | “Hands” Espenson, | 绰号叫“手掌怪人”的Espenson, |
[00:09] | banking and finance genius, only don’t call him “Hands.” | 银行业和金融业的天才, 只是不要叫他“手掌” |
[00:11] | I’ve been working very hard to deal with my Asperger’s syndrome. | 我想尽办法来治疗我的Asperger症. |
[00:14] | It’s called “friends with benefits.” | 这叫做“受益伙伴”. |
[00:16] | I have never had that kind of friend before. | 我以前可从来没有这样的”伙伴”. |
[00:18] | – Alan, Marlene Stanger. – A pleasure, Ms. Stanger. | – Alan, 这位是Marlene Stanger. – 很荣幸认识你, Stanger小姐. |
[00:21] | We’re going to make love. | 我们做爱吧. |
[00:23] | We’re going to get this out of our system, | 我们先把这事情结了, |
[00:24] | and then we will move on. | 然后再各顾各的. |
[00:26] | You want to marry me? | 我们结婚好吗? |
[00:41] | God! | 天啊! |
[00:42] | Oh, god, please, no! | 哦,天啊,不! |
[00:47] | I’m in control. Deep breaths. | 我没事的. 深呼吸几下. |
[00:56] | You’re in control. | 你没事的. |
[01:02] | License and registration, please. | 请出示执照和登记证明.. |
[01:09] | Mr. Espenson, you were driving in the carpool lane. | Espenson先生, 你在合伙使用汽车专用线上驾驶了. |
[01:13] | That lane’s reserved for vehicles with two or more passengers. | 那种线是给有两名以上乘客行驶专用的. |
[01:17] | Sir, that is not a person in your passenger seat. | Sir, 先生,你的乘客座位上没人. |
[01:21] | I’m sorry. I’ll pay the ticket. | 对不起. 我会交罚金的. |
[01:24] | Okay, I’m also going to have to impound the doll. | 好的,我还需要扣押你这个娃娃. |
[01:27] | – What? – I’m afraid that’s the law, sir. | – 什么? – 很遗憾我是按规定行事,先生. |
[01:36] | You can’t have her. | 你不能带走她. |
[01:37] | Sir, please sit back in the vehicle. | 先生,请坐回你的车里去. |
[01:39] | No, you can’t take her! She’s done nothing wrong! | 不,你不能带走她! 她可没有做错任何事情啊! |
[01:42] | It was all me, my fault! | 这都怪我,都是我的错! |
[01:43] | Sir, please get back in the vehicle. | 先生,请坐回你的车里去. |
[01:48] | No! | 不! |
[01:49] | No, no, no! | 不,不,不! |
[01:52] | All right! Take it easy! | 不要这样!别激动! |
[01:58] | All right, hold him. | 好吧,别让他激动. |
[02:00] | No! | 不! |
[02:18] | We’re developing pictures. | 我们在洗照片. |
[02:20] | We’re photography buffs. | 我们是照片狂热迷. |
[02:22] | Yes, and I hate to interrupt your buffing, | 恩,我也不愿意打扰你们的”狂热”, |
[02:25] | but there’s an emergency. | 但是有点急事. |
[02:27] | Jerry Espenson is in jail. Last night he tackled a police officer. | Jerry Espenson坐牢了. 昨晚他袭击了一名警察. |
[02:31] | What? | 什么? |
[02:32] | He’s totally flipped out. | 他完全神经错乱了. |
[02:39] | If you like to watch, I’m okay with that. | 如果你喜欢看的话, 我是不介意的. |
[02:44] | All right, Denny. | 好吧, Denny. |
[02:47] | Um, have you got a sec? | 恩, 有点时间没? |
[02:49] | Yeah, sure. What’s up? | 啊,当然,怎么了? |
[02:53] | Uh, well, the good news is I’m getting married… | 额,好吧,好消息是, 我就要结婚了… |
[02:56] | – to Daniel Post. – Wow. | – 嫁给Daniel Post. – 哇. |
[02:59] | Denise… / Thanks. | Denise… / 谢谢. |
[03:01] | – Congratulations. – Thank you. | – 恭喜你. – 谢谢. |
[03:03] | – Denise… – Thank you. | – 谢谢你. – Denise… |
[03:04] | Thank you, Denny. | 谢谢你, Denny. |
[03:06] | Denny! Denny! | Denny! Denny! |
[03:08] | Denny… | Denny… |
[03:10] | Denny! / Denny! | Denny! / Denny! |
[03:15] | The bad news is Daniel got arrested, | 坏消息是Daniel被抓了, |
[03:18] | and I was hoping that you could defend him. | 而且我希望你能帮帮他. |
[03:20] | What did he do? | 他干什么了? |
[03:21] | Well, it seems he went out and bought himself, um… | 恩, 事情好象是 他出去后给他自己买了…恩… |
[03:28] | a lung. | 一个肺. |
[03:31] | Boston Legal 3×01 Can’t We All Get a Lung? | 3×01 我们人人都该买个肺不是? Boston Legal |
[04:01] | It’s not that complicated. | 也不是那么复杂的事. |
[04:03] | I met this guy Tom at my oncologist’s office. | 在我的肿瘤学家办公室里 我遇到了个叫Tom的人. |
[04:06] | He’s got a brainstem tumor. It’s inoperable. | 他得了脑干瘤. 是不治之症. |
[04:08] | So he had cancer, I had cancer, and we, we become friends. | 因为他有癌症,我也有癌症, 然后我们,我们就成了朋友. |
[04:11] | As you know, I lost a lung. Coincidentally, Tom has two. | 你也知道,我少了个肺. 巧的事是,Tom正好有两副. |
[04:15] | And even more of a coincidence, our tissues match. | 更巧合的是, 我们的生理组织是匹配的. |
[04:17] | Gee, what do you know? | 哦,是么? |
[04:19] | Now I’m not gonna need a lung for a couple years, | 现在我近年内是不需要肺的, |
[04:20] | but, you know, hey, why put off for tomorrow what you can transplant today? | 但是,恩,嘿, 为什么现在有机会移植却到等到以后再移呢? |
[04:24] | And as it turns out, I have all this extra money lying around, | 而且事实显示, 我现在身边有的是钱, |
[04:26] | so I thought I’d help Tom’s daughter with college. | 所以我想我能帮Tom的女儿 付上大学的费用. |
[04:28] | Wow. And these idiot prosecutors thought you were buying a lung. | 哦. 然后那些笨蛋检察官 认为你是想要买副肺脏. |
[04:31] | By the way, you see the ring? | 顺便问下,你看到了那个戒指吗? |
[04:38] | Holy! | 我的天! |
[04:41] | Denise. | Denise. |
[04:42] | Marlene. | Marlene. |
[04:43] | – I hear you’re getting married. – I am. | – 我听说你要结婚了. -是的. |
[04:45] | Congratulations | 恭喜你 |
[04:47] | It must be a relief to have some financial security. | 现在你有了经济靠山肯定 如释重负吧. |
[04:49] | Does buzz know? | 蜂鸣知道不? |
[04:51] | (?????? ?? ??? ???) – Buzz? – Buzz lightyear. | -蜂鸣? – 蜂鸣一样烦人的先生. (?????? ?? ??? ???) |
[04:52] | Isn’t that the nickname for the Ken Doll with benefits? | 那不是和你有”受益伙伴”关系的 KEN娃娃(芭比娃娃男朋友)的绰号么? |
[04:55] | Marlene, I’m finding it extremely difficult not to assault you right now. | Marlene, 要知道我现在不打你 对我来说是很难以忍受的. |
[04:58] | Oh, I’m sorry. Am I being too familiar? | 噢,对不起. 我是不是对你太亲近了? |
[05:00] | I thought we were girlfriends. | 我还以为我们是好朋友. |
[05:02] | I was hoping the relationship wouldn’t change | 我还是希望咱俩关系就停留在原来阶段 |
[05:03] | when I made partner and you didn’t, but I guess it has. | 因为我就要成为合伙人而你不是, 但是恐怕咱俩关系只能这样了. |
[05:05] | Oh, well. | 噢,好吧. |
[05:06] | Brad, did you hear? Denise is getting married. | Brad, 你听说了没? Denise要嫁人啦. |
[05:12] | Really? | 真的? |
[05:13] | I, I was going to tell you. | 我, 我本打算要告诉你的. |
[05:15] | Sometimes it’s easier to hear it from a third party. | 有时候从第三人口中听来 也许更容易接受些. |
[05:21] | That could have hit me. | 打的真准. |
[05:30] | Alan, I know I was wrong to drive in the carpool lane. | Alan, 我知道我在合伙使用汽车专行道上 开车是不对的. |
[05:33] | I stand ready to pay the fine, but they have no right to take that… | 我做好了准备付罚款的, 但他们也没有权利拿走我的.. |
[05:37] | Okay, Jerry. | 知道, Jerry. |
[05:38] | I want you to take a big, deep breath. | 我希望你大口地, 深深地呼吸下. |
[05:45] | Oh, god. They’re probably violating her as we speak. | 哦,天啊. 我们现在交谈的时候 他们说不定正在侵犯她. |
[05:47] | By “her” you mean the doll? | 你说的”她”是指那个娃娃? |
[05:48] | Some men do despicable things to them. | 有些男人对她们做下流猥琐的事情的. |
[05:50] | Some men get them specifically for… sexual purposes. | 有些人特意买她们来就是为了… 满足他们性需要. |
[05:55] | You can’t mean that. | 你不是说真的吧. |
[05:57] | The blow-up dolls advertised with the lifelike genitalia? | 充气娃娃还真都还有 仿真女性的生殖器? |
[05:59] | Men get them for sexual purposes? | 男人买她们来是为了满足性需要? |
[06:03] | – You’re making fun of me. – No, Jerry. | – 你在嘲笑我. – 不是的, Jerry. |
[06:05] | This doll is a virgin. | 我的娃娃还只是个处女. |
[06:08] | Now the police have her. | 现在那些警察又把她抓走了. |
[06:10] | You’ve got to get her back! That officer was groping her! | 你得把她帮我取回来! 那些警察在猥亵她! |
[06:12] | That’s why I had to take action. | 所以我必须行动起来. |
[06:14] | Jerry, I will help you, but you’re talking about a doll. | Jerry, 我会帮你的, 但是你现在在谈论的是个娃娃啊. |
[06:17] | But I can talk to her. | 但是我什么话都和她说的. |
[06:18] | As inanimate as she may be, I feel safe with her. | 正是因为她是没有生命的单调, 和她在一起我才觉得幸福. |
[06:22] | I can talk… about things. | 我也能和她… 聊些事情. |
[06:27] | Okay. | 好的. |
[06:28] | But, Jerry, could we perhaps get another doll? | 不过哦, Jerry,我们能不能再买过一个? |
[06:31] | No! | 不! |
[06:35] | As much as I know that she’s not real, | 就像我知道她不是真人一样, |
[06:37] | she’s real to me. | 我也知道对我来说她是真实的. |
[06:39] | You need to help, Alan. | 你得帮帮我, Alan. |
[06:43] | She’s real to me. | 她对我来说是真实的存在. |
[06:50] | I got a second and third opinion, and they all say it’s inoperable. | 我问了两三个专家, 他们都说这病没法治了. |
[06:53] | I’ve been through the whole stages of death thing. | 我已经完全体验了犯病的所有阶段. |
[06:55] | I cried, I begged, I threw stuff. | 我哭过,我乞求过, 我也暴躁扔东西过. |
[06:59] | I made it to acceptance. | 我内心已经完全接受了事实. |
[07:00] | And now you seem to have made it to the final stage, profiteering. | 你现在看来也到了发病最后一步, 从中牟取暴利. |
[07:03] | These nonterminals have no sense of humor. | 我的末年不是用来开玩笑的. |
[07:06] | My daughter, she wants me to fight the cancer, | 我的女儿, 她希望我和癌症做斗争下去, |
[07:09] | but the thing is, if I do the chemo and the radiation, | 但是事实是, 如果我去做化疗和辐射, |
[07:12] | the most I may buy is three or four really nasty months. | 我最多能买到的也是三四月的难过日子. |
[07:16] | I don’t want that. | 我不希望那样. |
[07:17] | Okay, here’s what we’re gonna do. We’re gonna plead not guilty | 所以,现在我们应该这么做. 我们申请无罪宣判 |
[07:20] | and go with your story that this is just two friends helping each other out. | 按照你说的情节, 这只是两个同病相怜的朋友互相帮助. |
[07:23] | – Great. – Except that’s probably not gonna work, | -太好了. – 不过这样也许不管用罢了, |
[07:25] | so we’ll also need to file a motion to dismiss on Constitutional grounds. | 所以我们还要提交个提案解除宪法理由的使用 |
[07:29] | And then hope that in the Constitution somewhere | 然后希望宪法里某处规定 |
[07:31] | it says it’s okay to sell your body parts to the highest bidder. | 出售你身体部分给最高的出价者是许可的. |
[07:41] | All right, you wanna marry some guy, a criminal no less, that’s fine, | 好八,如果你想嫁人, 就算是个罪犯, 那无所谓, |
[07:43] | – but to lie to me? – Don’t yell at me! | – 但是你竟然对我撒谎? – 别吼我! |
[07:45] | – I did not lie to you. – Yes, you did. | – 我没有骗你. – 不,你骗了. |
[07:46] | Denise, we’re sleeping together, and you’re engaged. | Denise, 我们都睡过了, 然后你又订婚了. |
[07:47] | – Stop yelling at me! – Don’t you think that I deserve some… | – 不许吼我! – 你难道就不觉得我值得… |
[07:49] | – It just happened. – Oh, it just happened, | – 一切自然而然就发生了. – 哦,一切自然而然就发生了, |
[07:50] | you just happened to get engaged? | 你就自然而然地订婚了? |
[07:52] | – Yeah, you know what? Get out! – So this is the modern-day woman, huh? | – 啊,你又明白多少? 给我出去! – 你就是所谓的”摩登女孩”, 哈? |
[07:54] | She has her friends with benefits and collects her marriage proposals on the side? | 不就是那种一边和朋友做”受益伙伴” 一边又正式订婚了的那种女人? |
[07:56] | – Get out! – You really have it all, don’t you? | – 给我出去! – 你就是两个都想要, 不是吗? |
[07:58] | Yeah, yeah, I really have it all. | 是啊,是啊,我两个都想要. |
[08:00] | I’m in love with a man who is dying. Lucky, lucky me. | 我爱上了一个快要死掉的男人. 我可真幸运啊,真幸运. |
[08:07] | You son of a bitch. | 你个贱人. |
[08:16] | Why didn’t you just tell me that you were seeing him? | 你为什么不告诉我一声 你和他又在一起了? |
[08:21] | Because he was in Switzerland getting an experimental treatment, | 因为他当时在瑞士 做实验性治疗, |
[08:24] | and I didn’t think he was coming back. | 而且我也觉得他回不来了. |
[08:29] | I’m sorry that I love him. | 对不起我还爱他. |
[08:33] | I don’t want to love him, | 我也不想爱他, |
[08:37] | but I do. | 可是我就是爱. |
[08:47] | I’ve got to get him help. | 我得让人帮他. |
[08:48] | My god, if you saw the way he hugged her. | 天啊,你该看到他抱那娃娃的样子. |
[08:51] | Is she cute? | 她漂亮吗? |
[08:52] | Denny, it’s a doll. | Denny, 它只是个娃娃罢了. |
[08:54] | Oh, come on. Don’t tell me you’ve never gone to town on a doll. | Oh, 得了. 别告诉我你从未和娃娃寻欢作乐过. |
[08:57] | No, as a matter of fact. | 事实是,从来没有过. |
[09:02] | Have you? | 你呢? |
[09:06] | Denny… / Well, not just any doll. I’m, I’m not, uh… | Denny… /恩,不是什么娃娃都可以的. 我, 我并不是, 额… |
[09:10] | – uh, what’s the word? – Peculiar. | – 额, 到底想说什么? – 她很特殊的. |
[09:13] | But I suppose I’ve been with… | 我觉得我是和… |
[09:15] | a special doll. | 一个很特别的娃娃在一起. |
[09:19] | Would I like her? | 我会喜欢她吗? |
[09:22] | Do you want to meet her? | 你想见见她吗? |
[09:25] | She’s in the closet. | 她在壁橱里. |
[09:26] | – Denny, I’ve been in that closet. – Not this closet. | – Denny, 我在壁橱里过. – 不是这个壁橱. |
[09:29] | I’m the only one with the key to this closet. | 这个壁橱只有我有唯一的钥匙. |
[09:44] | Alan Shore, meet Shirley Schmidtho. | Alan Shore, 见见Shirley Schmidtho. |
[09:48] | Oh, my god. | 哦,老天. |
[09:50] | This little ho knows how to please, let me tell you. | 告诉你,这个小甜心可知道怎样讨好我. |
[09:53] | You had this custom-made. | 你把她外表都特意设计好的. |
[09:55] | Here’s the thing about rich people, Alan. | 有钱人就是可以随心所欲嘛, Alan. |
[09:58] | We get whatever we want. | 我们想要啥就有啥. |
[10:01] | Shirley Schmidtho. | Shirley Schmidtho. |
[10:11] | All rise. Judge Clark Brown presiding. | 起立. 法官Clark Brown主持. |
[10:15] | – Oh, dear. – Problem? | – 哦,天啊. – 有什么问题? |
[10:18] | Judge Brown, I’m not his favorite. | 法官Brown, 他不怎么喜欢我. |
[10:19] | Be seated. | 坐下. |
[10:26] | Ms. Schmidt… | Schmidt小姐… |
[10:27] | I have before me your motion to dismiss on Constitutional grounds. | 我已经看过你排除适用宪法类条款的动议了. |
[10:34] | Denied. | 我拒绝. |
[10:35] | You better take this. | 你最好做好准备. |
[10:39] | Your honor, I would ask that you would reconsider the defense’s motion. | 法官大人,我希望你能重新考虑被告方的动议. |
[10:42] | I will not. | 我就不. |
[10:44] | He wanted to purchase a lung, and he wanted to sell a lung. | 他想买个肺, 而他想卖给肺. |
[10:48] | Horrible, horrible and shocking! | 恐怖恐怖,而且另人震惊! |
[10:52] | In the interest of fairness, your honor, it’s imperative that you… | 基于公平公正,法官大人, 你刚那样是不中立的… |
[10:55] | No, I’m ruling on your papers. | 不,我负责处理你这个案子. |
[10:57] | The law as it stands is Constitutional, | 法律都是基于宪法, |
[11:00] | and my decision stands firm. | 而且我的决定也非常坚决. |
[11:03] | I am not one of your activist judges, Ms. Bauer. | Bauer小姐,我不是那种激情打动类的法官. |
[11:06] | I follow the law as it is written, | 我严格按照法律条文办事, |
[11:08] | a practice that makes neither nansy nor pansy. | 我会做出一个既不NANSY也不PANSY的判决. |
[11:13] | We will proceed. | 我们继续. |
[11:15] | I spoke with a few psychologists. | 我和几个心理学家谈论过. |
[11:18] | And while they can appreciate how a person with Asperger’s | 虽然他们能理解一个得了Asperger症的人 |
[11:22] | might find comfort in an imaginary soul mate… | 可能会从一个假想的心灵伴侣上得到安慰… |
[11:26] | You’re choosing your words carefully. | 你说话最好小心点. |
[11:28] | Why are you talking this way? | 你为什么这么说? |
[11:30] | When you talk to me like that, I do not hear your words. | 当你那样和我说话的时候, 我就听不到你在说什么. |
[11:33] | I only hear the pitter-patter of somebody tiptoeing lightly around a crazy person. | 我只能听到雨点乱打样的对一个疯子 的轻轻的自言自语. |
[11:38] | I know she’s not real. I’m not delusional. I just… | 我知道她不是真实的. 我不是错觉. 我只是… |
[11:42] | I spent a lot of money on it. That’s all. | 在上面花了好多钱. 就这样. |
[11:46] | Jerry, that isn’t truthful. | Jerry, 你并没说实话. |
[11:49] | You may not be having sex with it, but you’ve completely individualized it. | 你也许没有和它发生亲密关系, 但是你已经把它当个很特别的人了. |
[11:54] | You call it “her.” You treat her as a loved one. | 你称呼它为 “她.” 你把它当爱人一样看待. |
[11:57] | You’ve just described every man’s relationship with his car. | 你刚刚描述的 和每个男人对他的爱车感情一样嘛. |
[12:02] | The psychologists tell me as understandable as your attraction may be, | 心理学家告诉我你的这种喜爱 就算是可以理解的, |
[12:08] | it isn’t healthy. | 也是不健康的. |
[12:11] | Have you ever been with a real woman, sexually? | 你以前和真实的女人 有没有过生理接触? |
[12:16] | I think you know the answer to that question, Alan. | 我觉得你知道答案的, Alan. |
[12:20] | There was a time years ago when I had some… | 以前有段日子我也有… |
[12:27] | difficulty of a certain stripe. | 难以解开的结. |
[12:30] | I was referred to a sex therapist, a surrogate, in fact. | 事实是, 我以前认识一位性学家,一位治疗医生. |
[12:33] | – I’d like you to meet with her. – That’s disgusting! | – 我希望你能见见她. – 真恶心! |
[12:36] | It is not disgusting. What’s more, she helped me enormously. | 不会恶心的. 而且,她曾经帮了我大忙了. |
[12:39] | I believe she could help you. | 我相信她曾经帮助过你. |
[12:43] | For god’s sake, Jerry, | 看在老天的份上, Jerry, |
[12:45] | you’re smart enough to realize your disability with intimacy is profound here. | 你应该聪明地知道你对于亲密关系方面有多大的问题. |
[12:50] | You need to get help | 你得要人帮助 |
[12:54] | I was accepted to Penn this spring. | 我是今年春天被宾西法尼亚大学录取的. |
[12:56] | I knew it was out of our price range, so I contacted the financial aid office. | 我知道有点超出我家支付范围, 所以我和财政赞助中心取得了联系. |
[13:00] | Did you qualify for financial assistance? | 你获得了财政援助吗? |
[13:02] | I didn’t need to. | 我并不需要. |
[13:03] | My tuition was paid, all four years in full. | 我的学费已经付了, 四年都付掉了. |
[13:06] | Who paid your tuition, Megan? | 谁帮你付了学费, Megan? |
[13:08] | It took some digging, but I eventually learned that it was Daniel Post. | 我花了点时间调查, 但是我最后知道是Daniel Post付的. |
[13:11] | I asked my father who Daniel Post was and if he knew anything about it. | 我问我爸爸Daniel Post是谁 问他了不了解他. |
[13:15] | He said I should be grateful and to keep it between us. | 他说我应该感激 并把这件事情当成我们的秘密. |
[13:19] | Then I found the test. | 然后我找到了检查报告. |
[13:21] | Commonwealth exhibit A. | 控方展示证据 A. |
[13:23] | – Was this the test you discovered? – Yes, in my dad’s desk. | – 这就是你找到的哪个检查报告? – 是的,在我爸书桌里. |
[13:26] | It’s a comparison study between my father and Mr. Post. | 那是我爸爸和Post先生的组织匹配报告. |
[13:30] | They’re a perfect match for each other. | 他们组织完全匹配. |
[13:32] | Megan, why are you here testifying against your father? | Megan, 为什么你站在这里指证你父亲? |
[13:38] | My mother died when I was 6. | 我6岁时妈妈就过世了. |
[13:41] | My dad is my whole family. | 我爸爸是我家唯一留下的亲人. |
[13:47] | You have to at least try. | 你应该最少也努力挺挺. |
[13:51] | Megan, it’s clear that you love your father very, very much, | Megan, 很明显你非常,非常爱你的爸爸, |
[13:56] | and he has a tumor in his brain that cannot be removed. | 而且他脑干里有个瘤子不能被切除. |
[14:00] | And there’s no getting around that, is there? | 而且也没有其他办法了对不对? |
[14:03] | ? No. | 是的. ? |
[14:04] | But there’s no real evidence | 而且也没有任何实体证据 |
[14:06] | that Daniel Post paid your tuition in exchange for one of your father’s lungs. | 能说明Daniel Post给你付学费来换你父亲的肺. |
[14:11] | There’s no contract between them. Nothing’s signed. No receipt. | 他们之间没有合同. 没有任何签名. 没有任何收据. |
[14:15] | There’s no real proof of a connection between the two of them, correct? | 他们俩也没有确实的联系证明,对不对? |
[14:19] | So they just got typed and matched for the hell of it? | 然后他们就鬼使神差的非常匹配? |
[14:23] | Megan, your father still has both of his lungs. | Megan,你父亲仍然有着他的两个肺脏. |
[14:29] | Isn’t it possible that Daniel Post paid your tuition to be nice? | 有没有可能Daniel Post只是出于好心帮你付了学费? |
[14:36] | Because he could, for the daughter of a friend. | 因为他可以, 帮帮朋友的女儿这个忙. |
[14:56] | Joanna. My name is Alan Shore. | 我是Alan Shore. Joanna. |
[14:59] | – I’m not sure if you remember me. – Yes. | – 我觉得你可能不记得我了. – 对. |
[15:02] | How are you, Alan? | 你好吗, Alan? |
[15:03] | I have a matter of great urgency. I wonder if I could speak with you. | 我有点急事. 我想和你谈谈. |
[15:09] | And I’m just afraid the more isolated he becomes… | 我恐怕他如果越来越孤寂… |
[15:13] | I mean, I would imagine men who bond with dolls, | 我是说,我能理解这男人 和他的娃娃奇特的感情关系, |
[15:17] | some kind of intervention has to take place here. | 我总得插手帮帮忙. |
[15:21] | Alan, I’m retired. | Alan, 我已经退休了. |
[15:23] | I’ve remarried, | 我也再嫁了, |
[15:25] | and my husband has problems with his wife being a sexual surrogate. | 而且我丈夫不喜欢他妻子做个性治疗医生. |
[15:29] | You’ve retired? | 你已经退休了? |
[15:30] | But I can refer you to several other therapists. | 但是我能给你介绍其他几个好的治疗医生. |
[15:32] | Without even meeting these women, | 就算没见着你说的那几个, |
[15:35] | I know they simply cannot be you. | 我也知道他们比不过你. |
[15:37] | Well, I suppose I’m flattered. | 谢谢,抬举了. |
[15:39] | I mean to connote despair, not flattery. | 其实我想表示绝望的 并不是想夸你. |
[15:42] | My friend is extremely disenfrahised, both sexually and emotionally, | 我的朋友非常有问题, 生理上和情绪上都是, |
[15:48] | and time is running out. He’s in his 40s. | 时间也没多少啦. 他都40多了. |
[15:50] | His best friend is a doll. | 他最好的朋友只是个娃娃. |
[15:52] | Could you please come out of retirement for just one case? | 你就不能为了一个个例重出江湖一次吗? |
[15:56] | I beg you. | 我求你了. |
[16:02] | I don’t want to be alone with her. | 我不想和她单独见面. |
[16:04] | Can’t I do this over the computer? | 我不能和她网上聊吗? |
[16:06] | No, Jerry, you have to be in the same room. | 不, Jerry,你得和她单独处处. |
[16:09] | I’m not comfortable. I don’t want to be alone with her. | 我不舒服的. 我不想和她呆一间房. |
[16:12] | And don’t go rushing off to court trying to get some kind of order. | 而且别冲到法庭上去想要得到什么帮助. |
[16:14] | You can’t make me, Alan! | 你别逼我, Alan! |
[16:17] | Would it help if Patty went with you? | 如果Patty和你去会好点吗? |
[16:19] | That’ll just make me look more like a freak. | 那样只会让我看起来更像个怪胎. |
[16:22] | No, it won’t. | 不会的啦. |
[16:23] | How about we both join you, | 如果我们都去, |
[16:24] | Patty and I, just for the initial consultation? | Patty和我, 就去会诊开始的那一下下? |
[16:29] | 11:30 sounds perfect. Thank you, Joanna. | 11:30,好的. 谢谢你, Joanna. |
[16:32] | You have no idea how grateful I am. | 你不知道我有多感激你. |
[16:35] | We’ll see you then. | 到时再见. |
[16:37] | You missed your 10 o’clock. | 10点我们没见着你. |
[16:39] | Um, something came up. | 额,发生了点事. |
[16:41] | Something was supposed to come up in the closet at 10 o’clock. | 10点壁橱里本有事情等着你来的. |
[16:45] | I’ve got a few minutes now if you’d like to go somewhere and grab a bite. | 我现在有点时间了,如果你想出去吃点东西的话. |
[16:50] | I’m leaving for New York. | 我准备去纽约. |
[16:53] | – Now? – Friday. | – 现在? – 周五. |
[16:54] | I’m transferring to the New York office. | 我别调派到纽约公司去了. |
[16:56] | What? | 什么? |
[16:57] | Why? / I don’t feel I’m doing my best work here. | 为什么? / 我觉得我在这里并不能完全发挥. |
[17:00] | I assure you, Marlene, you are. | 我肯定地告诉你, Marlene,你在这里不错啊. |
[17:03] | I’ll miss you. | 我会想你的. |
[17:05] | Huh? That’s it? | 哈? 就这样了? |
[17:07] | You’ll miss me? | 你就只会想想我? |
[17:10] | Dear… | 亲爱的… |
[17:13] | Mr. Post, who is Eugene Volokh? | Post先生, 谁是Eugene Volokh? |
[17:16] | Eugene is a security guard at my office building. | Eugene 是我办公楼一名保安. |
[17:19] | Why did you write him a check for $50,000? | 你为什么给他写了张$50,000的支票? |
[17:22] | Eugene’s son is autistic. He has to go to a special school. | Eugene的儿子是孤独症患者. 他得去特殊学校. |
[17:25] | So you just gave him the money? | 然后你就给他那么多钱? |
[17:29] | So in addition to Katrina relief, | 而且还有Katrina救济所, |
[17:31] | the children’s hospital of Boston and a dozen other charities, | 波士顿儿童医院 和其他好多公益机构, |
[17:35] | you just give money to people that you meet? | 你就这样给你见到的人那么多钱? |
[17:40] | Have you ever asked any of the people that you’ve helped for something in return? | 你要求过你赞助的人里面任何人给你回报吗? |
[17:46] | No. / Not even say, um… | 没有. / 就算是, 额… |
[17:49] | a body part? | 人体部分也没要求过? |
[17:51] | Not a one. | 一点都没. |
[17:52] | Uh, Mr. Post, how did you get to court this morning? | 额,Post先生,你今天怎么来这里的? |
[17:55] | – Car. – You drove? | – 坐汽车. – 你开的? |
[17:57] | – I was driven. – You have a car and driver? | – 司机开的. – 你有车还有司机? |
[17:59] | Let’s just stipulate I’m a rich guy, right? | 这么说,我是个有钱人,可以了吧? |
[18:01] | Rich guy play by different rules, don’t they? | 有钱人和正常人不守一样的游戏规矩对吧? |
[18:03] | The same rules, just I have more toys. | 一样的游戏规则, 我的玩具多些罢了. |
[18:05] | You did hear that I share mine, right? | 而且你也听说我也和人分享的,对吧? |
[18:07] | I did. You’re obviously a generous man and a lucky one. | 是的,很明显你是一个很慷慨,也很幸运的人. |
[18:11] | Except for the whole cancer thing. | 除了后来我得了癌症. |
[18:12] | Well, but you got the best treatment money could buy, right? | 是,但是你获得了钱能买的最好治疗,对不对? |
[18:15] | And then you got yourself into the most promising drug trial in this country, right? | 然后你让自己进了这个全国对治疗最宽容的法庭,对不对? |
[18:18] | Along with about 2,000 other people. | 有2,000多人也一样啊. |
[18:20] | You were sued for manipulating that study to your benefit. | 你曾经因尝试控制医学实验 按有利于你的方面研究被起诉过. |
[18:24] | – Uh, the suit went away. – Because the plaintiff died, | – 额,但是案子后来撤消了. – 那是因为原告死亡了, |
[18:28] | but not before you tried to buy your way out of the inconvenience of a trial. | 而并不是你想用你的臭钱 买通整个法庭按你想的方向发展. |
[18:31] | And when the study here at home didn’t work, | 当在这里给你的研究实验不起效时, |
[18:33] | you just got yourself into another one in Switzerland, didn’t you? | 你就跑到瑞士又去试一次,是不是? |
[18:36] | I mean, a man like you, used to controlling everything in your world… | 我是说,像你这样的人, 习惯于把一切都玩弄于股掌之中… |
[18:39] | – Objection! – Sustained. | – 反对! – 反对有效. |
[18:40] | I’m just saying, Mr. Post, you’ve got deep pockets, | 我是说,Post先生, 你有个深钱袋子, |
[18:42] | and you’re able to use them to get what you want. | 你也能用它弄到你想要的. |
[18:45] | And the one lung that you have left, it’s not gonna last forever, is it? | 而且你只剩下的那个肺也长久不了了对不对? |
[18:49] | And every time you have to stop on the street, and you feel that tightness in your chest, | 而每次你都停在路口, 感受胸口的一阵阵痛, |
[18:53] | it reminds you of how vulnerable you are, doesn’t it? | 让你感到你是如此的脆弱,不是吗? |
[18:55] | Objection! | 反对! |
[18:56] | Your honor, this trial shouldn’t be about who offered what to whom. | 法官大人,这案子与谁给了谁什么无关. |
[19:00] | It should be about whether or not our government has the right to control | 它只是关于我们的政府是否有权利去控制 |
[19:03] | what we can and cannot do with our own bodies… | 我们能和不能用自己身体部分… |
[19:07] | What you should be able to do to save your own life. | 应该怎么做来拯救自己的生命. |
[19:11] | – Your honor! – Disregard her. | – 法官大人! – 别理她. |
[19:13] | Judge Brown doesn’t want to hear about these issues, | 法官Brown不想听这些事情, |
[19:14] | because they cut a little too close to the bone. | 因为他们离骨头很近. |
[19:16] | You see, I did some research, | 知道么,我做了点调查, |
[19:17] | and it seems judge Brown is himself a survivor of colon cancer. | 我们的法官Brown 自己也是结肠癌的幸存者. |
[19:22] | But his is treatable. | 只不过他是可治愈的. |
[19:24] | He could throw a couple of radioactive seeds in the back door, | 他可能在后台做了点见不得人的事情, |
[19:26] | and then you don’t have to face the hard truth | 但是你必须面对这个事实 |
[19:29] | about what you would be willing to do if you were dying. | 当你要死的时候你会去做什么 |
[19:45] | You know, Jerry, Alan is very concerned about you. | 知道吗, Jerry, Alan 非常关心你. |
[19:49] | He thinks your social isolation is rather extreme. | 他认为你的社交孤立非常极端. |
[19:54] | But the good news is, | 但是好消息是, |
[19:57] | it’s not. | 这并不完全是实话. |
[19:58] | Many men your age are living alone these days without partners. | 很多你这个年龄的男人都没有伴侣独自生活着. |
[20:03] | It’s become all too common, in fact, | 事实上,这样都很普遍了, |
[20:05] | and I’ve treated many like you, who prefer dolls. | 而且我也治疗了很多跟你一样, 宁愿喜欢娃娃的. |
[20:10] | Mainly they’re motivated by a desire to avoid rejection, | 他们大多都侵向于免于被拒绝的可能, |
[20:14] | which, when you think about it, | 也就是,你想想, |
[20:16] | every man fears rejection from women on some level. | 不同程度上,每个男人都怕被女人拒绝. |
[20:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢你. |
[20:31] | Do you lie in your bed next to Patricia? | 你晚上让Patricia和你一起睡吗? |
[20:34] | – I do not have sex with her. – Oh, I believe you. | – 我没和她发生过关系. – 哦,我相信你的. |
[20:37] | I believe you. | 我相信你. |
[20:39] | Because what you’re looking for isn’t sex so much | 因为你注重的不只是生理层面上的东西 |
[20:42] | as intimacy in a relationship. | 更多的是一种心理上的亲密. |
[20:49] | Jerry, I want to have another session when you and I just lie together. | Jerry,下次我希望我们能躺在一起诊断下. |
[20:54] | No sexual touching. We just lie next to each other. | 没有生理上的爱抚. 我们就这样平躺着. |
[20:59] | Oh, I don’t know. | 哦,我不明白. |
[21:00] | It won’t be about sex, but body awareness… | 并没有性关系, 只是生理觉醒… |
[21:05] | and relaxation. | 和放松. |
[21:09] | – Naked? – Yes. | -裸的? – 对. |
[21:18] | I wouldn’t want you there for that. | 我不希望你会那样. |
[21:21] | Understood. | 明白. |
[21:30] | That didn’t go very well. | 进行的不怎么顺. |
[21:33] | No, it didn’t. | 对,不怎么顺. |
[21:39] | – Are you okay? – Mm, fine. | – 你还好吗? – 恩,还好. |
[21:44] | A penny for your thoughts? | 打赌下你在想什么? |
[21:46] | My thoughts are not for sale, unlike the rest of… | 我的想法可不用来赚钱, 不比得某些人… |
[21:52] | Ouch. | 噢. |
[21:54] | ? Yeah. | 恩. ? |
[21:59] | My father didn’t have a lot to leave when he died, | 我父亲死的时候没留什么, |
[22:04] | but he actually executed something called an ethical will. | 但是他确实写了个什么道德遗嘱. |
[22:08] | – Have you heard of them? – I’ve drafted them. | – 你听说了什么没? – 我起草的. |
[22:11] | He believed that a person’s final legacy shouldn’t be so much about his money | 他觉得人的遗产应该不只是他的金钱 |
[22:16] | as about his character, his values. | 也包括他的品格,他的价值观 |
[22:23] | Sometimes I wonder what Daniel’s legacy is going to be. | 有时候我怀疑Daniel的也会这样. |
[22:27] | Why don’t you ask him? | 你为什么不问问他? |
[22:30] | He’d say that legacies are for dead people, and he doesn’t want to be dead. | 他会说遗产是死人的事情, 他并不想死的. |
[22:33] | I guess that’s the only answer he can live with. | 我觉得那是他能接受的唯一理由. |
[22:37] | The question is, can you? | 问题是,你认为呢? |
[23:04] | How are you feeling? | 你什么感觉? |
[23:07] | Fine, thank you. | 还好,谢谢. |
[23:11] | Before I get into bed, | 当我爬上床前, |
[23:14] | I’d like to take off my robe, and I just want you to look at me. | 我会脱掉袍子, 而且希望你能看着. |
[23:20] | Do you think you can do that? | 你能那样做吗? |
[23:22] | I’ll try. | 我尽量. |
[23:36] | Could you look at me, Jerry? | 你能看着我吗, Jerry? |
[23:44] | See, there’s nothing terribly foreign about the female body, Jerry. | 看到吧,Jerry,女人身体也并不是那么可怕的. |
[23:51] | I’m going to climb in with you now, okay? | 我现在爬过去睡你旁边,可以吗? |
[23:57] | ? Okay. | 好的. ? |
[24:11] | – How are you feeling? – I’m afraid. | – 什么感觉? – 我很怕. |
[24:15] | Would you like me to hold you? | 想要我抱下你吗? |
[24:24] | ? Okay. | 好. ? |
[24:44] | Freeze! | 不许动! |
[24:45] | Oh, no, no, no! You can’t be in here! | 哦,不,不,不! 你不能来这里! |
[24:47] | – No, no, no! – All right, come on, buddy. | – 不,不,不! – 好吧,过来,哥们. |
[24:48] | – What are you doing? – No, no, no! | – 你们干什么? – 不,不,不! |
[24:49] | – You can’t just barge in here! – Cuff her. Let’s go. | – 你们不能擅闯民宅! – 拷上她.我们走. |
[24:52] | – Let go of them! – Just one moment, please! | – 让他们走! – 请等一下,就一下! |
[24:55] | Oh, my god. God, no! | 哦,天啊. 天,不! |
[25:03] | I am looking for him. | 我在找他. |
[25:04] | As soon as I find him, I will get him down to the station. I… | 只要我找到他,我就带他离开现在这状态. 我… |
[25:09] | I hear you, Jerry. | 我听说了, Jerry. |
[25:13] | Alan! | Alan! |
[25:17] | Oh, come on! | 哦,请进! |
[25:23] | Alan! | Alan! |
[25:27] | What? | 什么? |
[25:33] | You can’t blame Daniel Post for wanting to live. | 你不能责怪Daniel Post想继续活下去. |
[25:38] | What’s the harm, he asked? | 那他会问,危害在那里呢? |
[25:40] | We have many individual liberties that are dearly cherished in this country. | 我们国家有很多个人自由被严密保护着 |
[25:44] | Equally cherished is the notion | 平等的在法律中保护着 |
[25:45] | that our law-making bodies seek to protect the public good. | 所以我们立法机关也寻求保护公序良俗. |
[25:48] | As a result, we don’t have carte blanche to do whatever we please with our bodies. | 所以,我们并不需要取悦自己的时候也要写个授权书 |
[25:53] | Well, Daniel Post decided that he was above the law. | 所以, Daniel Post认为他可以凌驾法律之上. |
[25:56] | He figures he doesn’t have to play by the same rules that apply to you and me. | 他觉得那些对你我适用的法律不适合他. |
[26:01] | So where’s the harm? | 那么危害性在哪里? |
[26:03] | And it’s not just a matter of anarchy or the sanctity of the law. | 而且不仅仅是政府混乱或法律失信. |
[26:07] | Hundreds of thousands of people donate their organs every year | 成百上千的人们每年捐献他们的器官 |
[26:11] | so that others might live, | 来让生者再长生一点, |
[26:12] | and they count on the system of distribution to be fair. | 他们指望着器官被法律公正地派送. |
[26:16] | If it’s not, those organ donations could stop | 如果不是这样,器官捐献机构也该取缔 |
[26:19] | or most certainly decline, and people die. | 或者肯定被拒绝, 然后人们会死亡. |
[26:23] | And that’s a harm he doesn’t care about. | 这就是被告漠不关心的 会造成的危害. |
[26:27] | I’m hoping that the 12 of you do. | 但是我希望你们这12人会在乎. |
[26:32] | I have a nephew. He’s in college. | 我有个侄子. 他在读大学. |
[26:34] | During his semester break, | 他放假的时候, |
[26:36] | he offered himself as a subject for medical research in exchange for money. | 他在医疗研究院做志愿者换点小钱. |
[26:41] | This is legal. | 这是合法的. |
[26:42] | The woman who lives down the block from me had her eggs harvested | 我小区不远的一位妇女把她的卵子冷藏起来 |
[26:46] | so that another woman could have a baby. | 帮助不能生产的女人有得到宝宝的机会. |
[26:49] | She did this in exchange for money. | 她这么做也是为了钱. |
[26:51] | This is legal. | 这是合法的. |
[26:52] | People can sell their hair, their blood, their sperm. | 人们可以卖头发, 血液,精子. |
[26:57] | Legal. | 都合法. |
[26:58] | Our nation already embraces the notion | 我们国家已经许可了如此许多 |
[27:02] | that we have the right to sell parts of ourselves, | 我们能够卖出自己身体的部分, |
[27:05] | that we are free to make these kinds of decisions about our own bodies. | 我们能够自由决定是否卖出我们身体的部分. |
[27:10] | Well, sort of. Certain parts, we have no rights. | 恩,最少一部分. 对于一些部分,我们没有权利. |
[27:14] | But the truth is, | 但事实是, |
[27:16] | organ sales are happening anyway. | 器官买卖还是在发生. |
[27:19] | Would, would you like a kidney? | 你,你想要个肾吗? |
[27:21] | I can get you one in Brazil for as low as $3,000, | 我可低价在巴西以$3,000买到, |
[27:24] | in the Philippines for $1,800. | 或者在菲律宾用 $1,800买. |
[27:27] | I can get you an achilles tendon in South Korea | 我能在南韩给你买个跟踺 |
[27:29] | for anywhere between $200 and $1,200 dollars. | 或者任何地方用 $200 到 $1,200美圆. |
[27:34] | Why does this black market exist? | 为什么这种黑市存在? |
[27:36] | Because our current system of organ donation is woefully failing us. | 因为我们现存器官捐献系统可悲到让我们失望. |
[27:42] | Sure, you can put your name on a list, | 当然,你能把你名字放到名单上, |
[27:44] | along with 92,000 people who are left on the list each year. | 和每年其他的92,000人一起. |
[27:49] | In the meantime, anyone who can circumvent that list is doing so. | 与此同时,能弄懂名单的人就去走黑市场 |
[27:53] | Families and friends donate directly. | 直接找那些家里或朋友要捐献的. |
[27:55] | Police and firefighters have an informal network | 警察和救火员有一个不成文的规定 |
[27:59] | where they donate their organs to each other. | 他们会把器官捐献给彼此. |
[28:03] | And, and for a stiff monthly fee, | 而且,只要每个月交一点钱, |
[28:05] | any patient can subscribe to a donor-matching web site. | 任何一个病人 都能到捐献者匹配网站上去. |
[28:11] | And Daniel Post found Tom Raulston. | 所以Daniel Post找到了Tom Raulston. |
[28:15] | The Washington DC circuit court previously found | 华盛顿巡回法院先例认为 |
[28:18] | we have a Constitutional right to save ourselves. | 我们有自救的宪法权利 |
[28:24] | That’s all Daniel Post was trying to do. | 这一切也就是Daniel Post所做的. |
[28:51] | Jerry, I am so, so sorry. | Jerry,我非常,非常的抱歉. |
[28:53] | I feel completely responsible, and I will make this go away. | 我应该完全负责, 我会全权处理. |
[28:55] | – I give you my absolute word. – What happened? | – 我拿我人品担保. – 发生什么事啦? |
[28:58] | It seems the awful Mr. Ginsberg, | 看起来是讨厌的Ginsberg先生, |
[29:00] | our politically ambitious zealot of a prosecutor, | 我们政治热心肠的检察官, |
[29:04] | has begun a citywide crackdown on a broad assortment on | 对于他认为是这个城市陷落原因的 |
[29:07] | what he considers immoral sexual activity, | 不正当的性交易, |
[29:10] | and somehow you and Joanna got caught up in it. | 而你和Joanna正在进行那样的交易. |
[29:13] | But I promise you, Jerry, this will not stand. | 但是我允诺你, Jerry, 会没事的. |
[29:16] | It’s prostitution, pure and simple. | 这是卖淫, 显而易见的. |
[29:18] | Not prostitution, it was treatment. | 不是卖淫, 明明是治疗. |
[29:20] | What’s more, they didn’t even engage in any sexual activity. | 而且,他们根本就没开始性活动. |
[29:24] | Because they didn’t have time. | 因为他们没时间罢了. |
[29:25] | You bumptious moron! | 你这个傲慢的蠢货! |
[29:27] | Your honor, the depravity of this society | 法官大人,这个社会的堕落 |
[29:29] | when it comes to sex has become epidemic. | 就在于一说到性,就想起传染病. |
[29:32] | Somebody has to be a guardian of decency and… | 然后就要有人出现作为崇高的护卫者一样… |
[29:36] | This depraved society for which you’ve anointed yourself decency guardian | 这个你自诩为崇高护卫者的堕落的社会 |
[29:40] | spends billions of dollars on sexual dysfunction. | 花费了上亿的金钱用于治疗性功能不全上. |
[29:43] | You can’t turn on a cartoon today | 如今打开个动画片节目 |
[29:46] | without seeing an ad for erectile dysfunction. | 你也会看到插播性用品的广告 |
[29:49] | It’s one of the fastest-growing industries in our country, | 这是我们国家增长最快的产业之一 |
[29:51] | better sex through chemicals. | 通过药品获得更好的性生活 |
[29:53] | I’m not sure I see your point. | 我不太明白你的意思. |
[29:55] | My point is, we’re cultivating an obsession with sexual performance, | 我的意思是,我们对于性方面投入太多的注意, |
[29:59] | and while it’s perfectly acceptable to take a pill, | 大家都觉得药物帮助是可以的, |
[30:02] | if you seek behavioral therapy, | 但是寻找行为治疗, |
[30:04] | well, that just goes against everything we stand for as a pharmaceutical nation. | 恩,那就和我们成为一个药物大国相悖了. |
[30:08] | Well, this man has Asperger’s syndrome. | 恩,这个人有Asperger症. |
[30:10] | He has a disability | 他是残疾 |
[30:12] | when it comes to establishing intimate, social, emotional | 当要建立一种亲密的,社会的,情感的, |
[30:16] | and yes, sexual relationships. | 对,性的关系的时候 |
[30:17] | He sought treatment, | 他想到了治疗, |
[30:19] | and this pompous buffoon wants to make a case out of it | 而这个蠢货想用这个来做个案子 |
[30:22] | to get some face time with Nancy Grace. | 来在Nancy Grace的节目里露个脸. |
[30:25] | I move for an immediate motion to dismiss. I move for costs, | 我申请此案立即撤消. 我申请费用由检方承担, |
[30:28] | and I’d ask your honor to sentence this idiot to sensitivity training, preferably for life. | 而且我请求法官大人 让这个笨蛋接受下情感治疗, 最好治一辈子 |
[30:33] | All right, I’m gonna take this under advisement, | 好,我会三思 |
[30:37] | and I will rule quickly. | 而且我会立判 |
[30:38] | Adjourned. | 休庭 |
[30:41] | I am very, very sorry. | 我非常,非常抱歉. |
[30:46] | I feel so awful. I’ve ended up hurting them both. | 我觉得很罪过. 最后我把他们两个都害了. |
[30:49] | It’ll probably make the news, compounding their embarrassment. | 可能还会上新闻, 让他们俩尴尬. |
[30:52] | Alan, face it. You screwed up, | Alan, 算了. 你做砸了, |
[30:53] | so all you can do is apologize, | 所以你能做的就是道歉, |
[30:55] | accept responsibility and check yourself into rehab. | 承担责任 并自己接受治疗. |
[31:01] | What? | 什么? |
[31:03] | – She’s gone. – Who? | – 她走了. – 谁? |
[31:05] | Marlene. She left… the firm. | Marlene. 她离开了… 这个公司. |
[31:08] | No, no, no, she went to the New York office. | 不是,不是,不是, 她去了纽约分公司. |
[31:11] | She’ll be back. | 她会回来的. |
[31:12] | – This girl mean something to you? – Don’t be silly. | – 那个女孩子对你来说很有分量? – 别傻啦. |
[31:16] | Denny! | Denny! |
[31:18] | There’s a rather monstrous rumor going around | 到处都有个怪异的流言 |
[31:21] | that you customized a doll in my likeness, | 说你按我的样子定做了个娃娃 |
[31:24] | a doll you were caught having sex with in a closet. | 一个被人抓到你在壁橱里和她发生关系的娃娃. |
[31:29] | That was him. | 就是他. |
[31:31] | I assure you I’m holding out for the real thing. | 我担保我拿的可是个真玩意. |
[31:34] | Did you have a doll made my likeness, Denny? | Denny,你真有个和我一样的娃娃? |
[31:38] | Come on, Shirley, you should be flattered. | 算啦, Shirley, 你觉得很荣幸吧. |
[31:40] | To be a sexual prop, that’s every woman’s dream. | 当个性道具, 还真是每个女人的梦想. |
[31:43] | Isn’t it? | 不是吗? |
[31:44] | What’s her name? | 她叫什么名字? |
[31:46] | Sorry? / I’m told she has a name. What is it? | 啊? / 有人告诉我她有个名字. 是什么? |
[31:50] | Oh, that. | 哦,那个啊. |
[31:51] | Why that’s, uh… | 恩,那是,额… |
[31:53] | Shirley Schmidtho. | Shirley Schmidtho. |
[31:59] | I’d like to meet her. | 我想见见她. |
[32:01] | – Well, I don’t think that’s a very… – You will bring me the doll. | – 哦,我觉得那不是个… – 你要把那娃娃带到我这来. |
[32:11] | – This won’t be good. – No. | – 情况不妙. – 对. |
[32:16] | It’s a fluke that you’re both wearing the same outfit. | 真凑巧你们都穿一样的外套啊. |
[32:18] | I know how you women don’t like to see yourselves. | 我知道你们女人不喜欢看到你们自己. |
[32:23] | Denny, can you not appreciate how this degrades me? | Denny, 你知道这让我多丢脸吗? |
[32:28] | Well, I’m just objectifying you for pleasure. | 哦,我只是拿你开心罢了. |
[32:33] | You truly can’t see how this might humiliate me? | 你真不明白这让我有多丢脸? |
[32:40] | You’re jealous? | 你吃醋啦? |
[32:47] | Here’s my problem. | 这是我问题所在. |
[32:49] | There’s no licensing or regulation of surrogate partners. | 这对治疗伙伴并没有执照或者登记证明. |
[32:53] | As Mr. Ginsberg notes, | 就Mr. Ginsberg小姐的陈述, |
[32:54] | I suppose any prostitute could claim she’s a surrogate, | 我觉得任何卖淫行为 都可以说成她所谓的治疗, |
[32:57] | but Ms. Miller was at one time a member of the international professional surrogate association, | 但是Miller小姐 曾经是国际专业治疗协会 的会员, |
[33:02] | and that is a legitimate and often effective treatment. | 而且一直都给了合法, 而且有效的治疗. |
[33:07] | Oh, please. | 哦,省省吧你. |
[33:08] | I’m also mindful of the hypocrisy Mr. Shore alluded to earlier. | 我也注意到了 刚才Shore先生刚提到的是多么的伪善. |
[33:11] | Big pharmaceutical spends billions of dollars | 大制药厂花费上亿 |
[33:14] | cultivating a national obsession with sexual performance. | 来让我们国家对性的关注 |
[33:17] | We’re okay with pushing pills, but we condemn behavioral treatment? | 我们可以接受药物的治疗 却不能接受行为的治疗? |
[33:25] | The charges against Mr. Espenson and Ms. Miller are dismissed. | Espenson先生和Miller小姐被案件撤诉. |
[33:31] | Mr. Ginsberg, I’m sure if you look hard, | Ginsberg先生, 我觉得只要你仔细想想, |
[33:34] | you’ll be able to find something better to do with your time. | 你现在应该有时间 做点更有意义的事情. |
[33:37] | Adjourned. | 休庭. |
[33:39] | Thank you, thank you, thank you. | 谢谢,谢谢,谢谢. |
[33:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢. |
[33:42] | You heard what the judge said about the treatment being very effective. | 你知道法官说了治疗是很有效率的. |
[33:47] | I hope you’ll see Joanna again. | 我希望你还是会去Joanna那里看病. |
[33:50] | – Can I think about it? – Of course. / Okay. | – 我能考虑下吗? – 当然. / 好的. |
[33:55] | Thank you again, Alan. | 谢谢你, Alan. |
[33:58] | My friend. | 我的朋友. |
[34:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢. |
[34:18] | What’s wrong? | 哪不对啦? |
[34:20] | Sorry? | 什么? |
[34:22] | You’re blue. | 你很忧郁. |
[34:24] | Me? | 我吗? |
[34:26] | I’m not, actually. | 我其实,并不忧郁. |
[34:27] | We got the desired result here. | 我们达到了想要的结果. |
[34:32] | I’m still concerned about any embarrassment I might have caused you or Jerry. | 我还在想我给你或者Jerry造成了哪些尴尬. |
[34:38] | But I wouldn’t describe myself as… | 但是我不能把自己说成是… |
[34:40] | Blue? | 忧郁? |
[34:46] | ? Yeah. | 恩. ? |
[34:48] | There was a girl. She left. | 以前有个女孩. 她离开了. |
[34:53] | It’s not as if we had any kind of meaningful relationship, | 我们并没有什么很深的感情, |
[34:58] | but I suppose when I was with her, I could be my… | 但是当我和她在一起, 我会回到我… |
[35:01] | true, unadulterated self, which is, as you know… | 真实,纯净的一面, 也就是,你知道的… |
[35:04] | Degenerate. | 退化了. |
[35:10] | These past few years, I’ve felt this inexplicable compulsion to be somewhat redeeming, | 这几年, 我总觉得有种补偿性的 无法言表的冲动, |
[35:15] | as if I were some series regular on a television show. | 好象我在一系列电视节目秀一样 |
[35:22] | Something about Marlene allowed me to be… | 关于Marlene的一些事情让我… |
[35:26] | Degenerate. | 退化了. |
[35:33] | In addition to your treatment of Jerry, | 顺带说下你对Jerry的治疗, |
[35:37] | do you think you could maybe squeeze me in? | 带上我怎样? |
[35:47] | How about we measure you for some trousers? | 带你去测下裤子怎样? |
[35:55] | Defendant will please rise. | 被告起立. |
[36:00] | Madam foreperson, the jury has reached a unanimous verdict? | foreperson夫人,陪审团达成一致意见了吗? |
[36:03] | – We have. – What say you? | – 是的. – 结果是? |
[36:05] | “In the matter of the commonwealth vs. Daniel Post” | “关于检察院诉 Daniel Post一案” |
[36:08] | “on the charge of violating the uniform anatomical gift act,” | “关于违反解剖统一草案,” |
[36:11] | “we find the defendant,” | “我们认为被告,” |
[36:14] | “not guilty.” | “无罪.” |
[36:16] | Wow. | 哇. |
[36:29] | Are you gonna talk to me at all? | 你打算和我说说话吗? |
[36:34] | Do you still love me? Because I still love you. | 你还爱着我吗? 因为我仍爱着你. |
[36:39] | All right, tell you what. | 好吧.我说了. |
[36:41] | You know that, that new fur coat in the window of Bergdorf Goodman’s? | 你知道,那个在Bergdorf Goodman的橱窗里的新皮衣吗? |
[36:45] | I’ll buy you Bergdorf Goodman’s. | 我把Bergdorf Goodman买下来给你. |
[36:50] | Daniel… | Daniel… |
[36:54] | I think I fell in love with most of you. | 我觉得我爱上的,是大部分的你. |
[36:57] | Well, I can live with that. | 哦,这我还能接受. |
[36:58] | It’s just the rest of this stuff, I, um… | 只是剩下的部分… 我,恩… |
[37:02] | I need some time. | 我还要点时间. |
[37:03] | Well, you know what? That, that works out, too, because, uh… | 恩,知道吗? 恩,这样也行,你知道吗,恩… |
[37:07] | Tom and I are gonna be going on a little vacation. | Tom 和我要去趟小旅行. |
[37:11] | For how long? | 要多久? |
[37:12] | Five, six weeks. | 五六个星期. |
[37:17] | Uh, where? | 恩,去哪里? |
[37:20] | Probably best you don’t know. | 你最好不要知道. |
[37:27] | Right. | 好吧. |
[38:24] | What do you mean, she’s measuring you for trousers? | 你什么意思,她帮你测量裤子? |
[38:27] | Is that some kind of fetish? | 那是什么迷信类的东西吗? |
[38:30] | Would I like it? | 你喜欢那样? |
[38:34] | My mother wasn’t a particularly doting woman, Denny. | Denny,我母亲不是个很慈母类的人. |
[38:40] | She never held me much or… | 她不太抱我而且… |
[38:46] | except every Fall before the school year began, she’d… | 除非每次秋天快开学的时候… |
[38:51] | prepare my school clothes, measure me for my pants, | 准备我学校的衣服, 她会帮我测量裤子 |
[38:55] | the hems and so forth. | 里边和外边. |
[38:59] | I’d stand there, her hand would be on my leg, my seam… | 我就站着,她的手就测着我的裤线, 我的裤缝… |
[39:07] | You had a thing for your mother. | 你恋母. |
[39:11] | It wasn’t sexual. | 不是生理上的. |
[39:15] | Her touch was just… | 她的触摸是那样的… |
[39:19] | I guess, loving. | 我猜,充满爱心. |
[39:24] | One of the reasons I buy so many suits, I think. | 这是我买那么多外套的原因之一,我觉得. |
[39:28] | While the tailors do what they do, | 当裁缝做他们做的事情, |
[39:33] | I suppose it reminds me of the times | 我想就让我想起了小时候 |
[39:36] | in my childhood I allowed myself to feel cared for. | 我想让自己感觉被人关心着. |
[39:44] | Now Joanna… | 现在有Joanna… |
[39:48] | the way she would touch me, | 她触摸我的方式, |
[39:51] | running her fingers up the inseam and around in the back, here and there, | 用她的手指触动我的裤缝,前前后后,这里那里 |
[39:57] | it did become erotic. | 确实变的很色情. |
[40:02] | Getting measured for pants. | 只是测量裤子. |
[40:05] | It’s not entirely about sex, Denny. | 并不是完全生理上的, Denny. |
[40:09] | It’s about being touched in… | 只是关于那种触动… |
[40:16] | gentle, intimate ways. | 温柔的,亲密的方式. |
[40:26] | I suppose I’m starved for a little tenderness sometimes. | 我觉得我有时真的很渴望那种温柔的感觉. |
[40:35] | I’m never taking you fishing again. | 我再也不带你去钓鱼了. |
[40:48] | Do you ever get lonely, Denny? | 你觉得寂寞过吗, Denny? |
[40:52] | What’s with all this deep thinking? | 这就是一切深思的来源? |
[40:56] | It’s a simple question. Do you ever get lonely? | 这只是个简单的问题. 你寂寞过吗? |
[41:02] | Do you? | 有吗? |
[41:08] | No. | 没有. |
[41:14] | You? | 你呢? |
[41:21] | No. | 没有. |
[41:26] | I guess we’re both lucky that way. | 我觉得我们这样都满幸运的. |