时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Previously on ‘Boston legal’ | |
[00:03] | I don’t fear death, | 我不惧怕死亡 |
[00:04] | but I am afraid of being hooked up to a machine. | 但我害怕连在一台机器上 |
[00:06] | If it came to that, my friend, I would pull your plug. | 要是真的那样 我的朋友 我会拔掉你的插头 |
[00:09] | Pull a plug? I want you to shoot me. | 拔掉插头? 我想要你向我开一枪 |
[00:11] | “Professor Clifford Cabot’s cabinet of sexual curiosities”. | “Clifford Cabot教授充满性好奇心的橱柜” |
[00:15] | I intend for it to be my legacy to the world. | 我本打算把这个当成我给世界的遗产的 |
[00:17] | I need a favor. | 帮我个忙 |
[00:18] | I want you to find out if my daughter is using drugs again. | 我想要你查出我的女儿是否又吸食毒品了 |
[00:20] | I’m Rachel. | 我是Rachel |
[00:21] | I’m Brad. Nice to meet you. | 我是Brad 很高兴见到你 |
[00:23] | Have you made contact with Rachel? | 你和Rachel联系了吗? |
[00:24] | She’s been clean for five years. | 她五年来都没吸过毒了 |
[00:26] | Denise Bauer, attorney, Daniel Post. | Denise Bauer 律师 Daniel Post |
[00:28] | Guy dying of cancer. | 要死于癌症的人 |
[00:29] | You’re going off like a dog, aren’t you? | 你要像狗一样离开 不是吗? |
[00:30] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[00:31] | When a dog knows it’s gonna die, it goes off into the woods by itself. | 当一条狗知道自己要死掉的时候 它就会自己躲到树林里 |
[00:34] | Imagine killing somebody you deeply love. | 想象一下 要杀掉你深爱的人 |
[00:36] | You said you’d do it for me. You promised. | 你说过你会为我这么做的 你保证过 |
[00:39] | I don’t know that I could. | 我不知道我会 |
[00:40] | We had sex. | 我们做过爱 |
[00:41] | Yes. | 是的 |
[00:41] | Incredible sex. | 无与伦比的性爱 |
[00:43] | Yes. | 是的 |
[00:43] | And that’s it? | 然后就完了? |
[00:44] | Yes. | 是的 |
[00:44] | If you’re okay with going back to the way things were, so am I. | 要是你觉得回到过去没有关系的话 我也一样 |
[00:46] | Just friends. | 只是朋友 |
[00:47] | Friends with benefits. | 互利的朋友 |
[00:48] | Alan, Marlene Stanger. Marlene, Alan Shore. | Alan 这是Marlene Stanger Marlene 这是Alan Shore |
[00:50] | I look forward to working with you, Ms. Stanger. | 我很期待能和你一起共事 Stanger女士 |
[00:52] | Marlene is a first-rate lawyer. | Marlene是个很棒的律师 |
[00:54] | She stole my case. | 她偷了我的案子 |
[00:55] | I thought we could do better. | 我认为我们能做的更好 |
[00:56] | You are not gonna get very far at Crane, Poole & Schmidt | 使用你在这个案子里这种孤注一掷的方式 |
[00:59] | pulling the kind of crap you did with this case. | 你不会在Crane, Poole & Schmidt 事务所里走得太远 |
[01:00] | Cancel the rest of your weekend. | 取消你剩下的周末 |
[01:02] | I’m taking you to Nimmo bay. I want to take you to my spa. | 我带你去Nimmo湾 我要带你去做SPA |
[01:04] | What are you doing in my bed? | 你在我的床上做什么? |
[01:06] | I don’t know! | 我不知道 |
[01:06] | What do you mean you don’t know? | 你不知道是什么意思? |
[01:07] | Anything Denny Crane can do, | Denny Crane能做的任何事 |
[01:08] | I can do backwards and wearing high heels. | 我都可以穿高跟鞋反过来做一次 |
[01:10] | Who are we? | 我们是谁? |
[01:11] | Denny Crane | Denny Crane. |
[01:11] | Alan Shore | Alan Shore. |
[01:13] | Leaders of men. | 男人中的精英 |
[01:14] | With bull’s-eyes on our asses. | 牛气冲天的人物 |
[01:32] | What the hell? | 到底怎么了? |
[01:33] | Paul, stop them. | Paul 制止他们 |
[01:34] | Security’s been called. | 已经叫了警卫 |
[01:37] | Oh, dear. This could be my fault. | 哦 亲爱的 这是我的错 |
[01:40] | I seem to have mated them both. | 我好像和她们都交往过 |
[01:42] | Yes, I did, all right. | 是的 我做过 好吧 |
[01:44] | Jane Sheila Jane, Sheila. | |
[01:46] | Alan, this is absolutely… | Alan 这绝对是…… |
[01:48] | Wrong, yes. | 错误的 是的 |
[01:50] | Office policy manuals and such. I know, Shirley. | 办公室政策手册之类的 我知道 Shirley |
[01:53] | But you’ll just have to cut me some slack this time of year. | 但是在每年的这个时候 你只要放我一马就好了 |
[01:55] | This time of year? | 每年的这个时候? |
[01:56] | It’s spring. I’m in heat. | 现在是春天 我欲火焚身 |
[02:04] | I hear you’re in heat. | 我听说你欲火焚身 |
[02:06] | It seems so. | 看起来是的 |
[02:07] | Me, too. We must be on the same cycle. | 我也是 我们一定是处于同一周期 |
[02:09] | What do you do when you’re in heat? | 你欲火焚身的时候要干什么? |
[02:11] | Generally I have a good deal of sex. | 一般来说我要好好地做爱 |
[02:13] | Me, too! Where? | 我也是 哪里? |
[02:14] | Out and about. | 出去在周围 |
[02:15] | You mean right here in Boston? | 你的意思是就在波士顿? |
[02:17] | It’s the most convenient locale. | 这是最方便的地方 |
[02:19] | Don’t do that, man. | 不要那样做 伙计 |
[02:20] | The women in Boston are pale this time of year, | 波士顿的女人在这个时候非常糟糕 |
[02:22] | and they haven’t lost their Winter fat. | 而且她们冬天积攒的肥肉还没甩掉 |
[02:24] | Like spring snow, Boston women have their own particular benefits. | 就好像春天的雪一样 波士顿的女人有她们自己独特的优势 |
[02:28] | Nonsense! You come with me to California. | 胡说八道 你和我一起去加州 |
[02:30] | It’s spring all the time there. | 那里四季如春 |
[02:32] | I have some business to do in the Los Angeles office. | 我在洛山矶分部办公室有点事要做 |
[02:34] | We’ll have time to prowl all we want, and we can write the whole thing off. | 我们有时间四处猎艳 完了后拍拍屁股可以走人 |
[02:38] | Denny, in all modesty, | Denny 毫不夸张地说 |
[02:40] | my state of heat doesn’t generally require me to prowl. | 我虽然欲火焚身 但还不至于要四处猎艳 |
[02:43] | Women have a tendency to find me. | 我总是会有女人找上门的 |
[02:44] | Well, let them find you in L.A. | 那么 让她们在 L.A.找到你 |
[02:46] | Now don’t be difficult. You know we’re going. | 不要这么固执 你知道我们要去的 |
[02:48] | We’ll take the jet, grab a limo, | 我们搭个飞机 乘辆轿车 |
[02:49] | drop by Crane, Poole & Schmidt Los Angeles, do a little business. | 顺便去洛山矶的Crane Poole & Schmidt 干点公事 |
[02:53] | Then we’ll check in to Chateau de Mer. | 然后到Chateau de Mer登记 |
[02:55] | They have that luxury down bedding with the 500-thread cotton sheets. | 他们有那种奢侈的绒毛被褥 还有500线的棉床单 |
[02:59] | Women love that high thread count. | 女人喜欢高密度的棉床单 |
[03:02] | As do I. | 正如我一样 |
[03:03] | You mean, I’ve convinced you? | 你的意思是 我劝服你了? |
[03:05] | I do have a hankering for some strip mall sushi. | 我确实对一些寿司店有些渴望 |
[03:08] | Yes, the thread count put me over. A few days. | 是的 你说的棉床单密度的事 让我动心了 几天吧 |
[03:11] | I’ll make some calls. | 我要打几个电话 |
[04:16] | I was doing research. | 我正在做研究 |
[04:18] | At a motel with a prostitute? | 在汽车旅馆和妓女一起? |
[04:20] | I promise you, I’ve done nothing licentious. | 我向你保证 我没有做过什么放肆的事情 |
[04:22] | Me neither. | 我也没有 |
[04:23] | I was cultivating case studies, conducting interviews with ladies of the eve | 我当时在研究案例 和夜女郎们做一些采访 |
[04:26] | for my survey of Victorian sexual mores versus present-day. | 关于维多利亚时代与现代性风俗 的区别所做的研究 |
[04:30] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[04:32] | Clifford | Clifford. |
[04:33] | Oh, my God. You don’t believe me. | 噢 天呢 你不相信我 |
[04:35] | She was naked during the interview. It looks suspicious. | 在采访过程中她都是全裸 这看起来有点令人怀疑 |
[04:38] | It was a demonstration speech. | 那是一个演示 |
[04:40] | The art of seduction vis-a-vis clothing removal. | 是关于当面脱衣引诱的艺术 |
[04:42] | Just ask Lafonda. | 你只要问问Lafonda就行 |
[04:44] | Look, Clifford, it doesn’t matter what I think. | 你看 Clifford 我怎么想没有关系 |
[04:46] | You’ve got your story. You’re sticking to it. | 你有你自己的说法 你自己相信就好了 |
[04:48] | I will post bail. | 我去交保释金 |
[04:50] | Shirley? | Shirley? |
[04:52] | Yes? | 恩? |
[04:53] | Could you see about getting my shoelaces back? | 你能看看能否把我的鞋带拿回来吗? |
[04:57] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[05:06] | Now the legal concepts of sufficiency of evidence and weight of evidence are different. | 现在证据充足和 证据份量的法律概念并不相同 |
[05:09] | A prime example is the Commonwealth vs. Thompkins. | 先例是联邦诉Thompkins |
[05:13] | Yes? | 喂 |
[05:13] | Brad, Beth Guttman on line two. | Brad Beth Guttman在二号线上 |
[05:15] | Tell her I’m in a meeting. I’ll call her right back. | 告诉她我正在开会 我一会打给她 |
[05:17] | She said it was an emergency. | 她说有急事 |
[05:20] | It’s my sister. This will just take a minute. | 是我姐姐 只要几分钟 |
[05:25] | Yeah, Beth. What’s up? | 是我 Beth 怎么了? |
[05:27] | What, when? | 什么 什么时候? |
[05:31] | Yeah, yeah, okay. | 恩 恩 好的 |
[05:32] | Okay, I’m on my way. Don’t let her say a thing until I get there. | 好的 我赶过去 在我到之前不要让她说一个字 |
[05:45] | Brad | Brad. |
[05:46] | Beth | Beth. |
[05:47] | What happened? | 怎么了? |
[05:49] | Oh, Hannah was at this party. | 哦 Hannah 在聚会上 |
[05:51] | Kids were, there were drugs. And this one boy… | 孩子们在 那里有毒品 而有一个男孩… |
[05:55] | died of an overdose. | 死于服药过度 |
[06:13] | Denny, you… | Denny 你… |
[06:16] | Good Lord. | 老天 |
[06:17] | Does this make me look fat? | 这让我看起来很胖吗? |
[06:19] | Yes, wear heels. | 是的 穿高跟鞋 |
[06:23] | Don’t do this. You know you can’t handle Los Angeles. | 不要这样做 你知道你掌控不了洛山矶 |
[06:26] | I’ll be fine. | 我会没事的 |
[06:27] | Every spring you take this little trip out west, | 每个春天你都会到西部去小游一下 |
[06:30] | and then we spend every summer, fall and winter trying to get the charges dropped. | 然后我们就要花掉每个夏天 秋天 冬天来撤销对你的指控 |
[06:34] | If you’re referring to the Vanna White incident, | 要是你指的是Vanna White事件 |
[06:36] | there was contributory negligence on her part. | 她自己本身也有疏忽 |
[06:39] | You groped her rear end during the whole buffet line at a cocktail party. | 鸡尾酒会上你整个自助餐时间 都在摸她的屁股 |
[06:43] | How exactly was she negligent? | 她到底怎么疏忽了? |
[06:45] | Her tushy. | 她的屁股 |
[06:46] | Legally, it’s called an attractive nuisance. | 法律上 这叫做诱人的麻烦事物 |
[06:48] | Look, if you are sincerely concerned about my dalliances in Los Angeles, | 看 要是你真的对我 在洛山矶猎艳非常在意 |
[06:52] | there’s one way to prevent them. | 有一个方法可以制止他们 |
[06:54] | Come with me. You know how I feel about you. | 跟我一起去 你知道我对你什么感觉 |
[06:57] | Your wet suit’s doing all the talking. | 你湿漉漉的泳衣下面的东西说明了一切 |
[07:02] | Bogey and Bacall had Paris. | Bogey和Bacall拥有巴黎 |
[07:04] | You and I can have Los Angeles. | 你和我可以拥有洛山矶 |
[07:06] | We can take the first flight out. | 我们可以在那开创新事业 |
[07:08] | Denny, every year I threaten. | Denny 每一年我都威胁你 |
[07:10] | Every year I cajole. All I have left is to plead. | 劝诱你 现在我所剩下的只有恳求你了 |
[07:14] | If you care about me, don’t make me plead. | 如果你在乎我 不要让我恳求 |
[07:17] | Denny Crane does not make promises, | Denny Crane从不做承诺 |
[07:19] | but for you, I will try and be a good boy. | 但是为了你 我要试着做一个好男孩 |
[07:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[07:26] | How did you get into that thing, anyway? | 顺便问句 你怎么穿上那个的 |
[07:29] | A lot of vaseline and | 用了很多凡士林(润滑油) |
[07:31] | Chuck in word processing helped. | 文字处理的Chuck帮的忙 |
[07:34] | Poor Chuck. | 可怜的Chuck |
[07:36] | I hope he’ll help me get out of it. | 我希望他能帮我脱下来 |
[07:39] | She doubled the client’s money. | 她把委托人的钱加倍 |
[07:40] | Denise was there, too. | Denise也在那里 |
[07:41] | I thought that was the case you settled at 10. | 我以为是你十点钟解决的那个案子 |
[07:43] | Well… | 嗯… |
[07:43] | You guys make a great team. | 你们组成了一个很棒的团队 |
[07:44] | Every team needs a great closer. | 每一个团队都需要紧密合作 |
[07:46] | Oh, and it really helps that one of you is funny, because funny helps with the clients. | 哦 你们当中有一个有趣的人真的是很有帮助 因为有趣可以帮到委托人 |
[07:48] | Her? | 她? |
[07:49] | Thanks, guys. | 谢谢 伙计们 |
[07:50] | Too bad you’re both up for partner. | 真糟糕你们都竞选合伙人 |
[07:51] | Spring vote. | 春季投票 |
[07:51] | Always a lot harder. | 通常都更难 |
[07:53] | This place is so sexist. | 这个地方是这么的男性至上 |
[07:54] | Four spots. | 四个空额 |
[07:54] | There’s no way they’re gonna give two of them to women. | 他们不可能给两个给女人 |
[07:56] | You guys should team up. | 你们应该联合起来 |
[07:57] | Whoever makes it this time can then vote for the other one next time. | 谁这次成功了可以下一次投另一个一票 |
[08:02] | I’m just gonna run in and grab a seat. | 我要赶紧进去 抢个座位 |
[08:04] | That’s what you should do! | 那是你应该做的 |
[08:05] | And then the other one can just buy you dinner or something. | 然后另一个只要给你买晚饭 或者其他什么就好了 |
[08:17] | We won’t know what the boy died of until after the autopsy. | 尸检以前我们无法知道男孩死因 |
[08:20] | More than likely a bad mix of prescription medication. | 很可能是因为处方药品的不良混合服用 |
[08:23] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢? |
[08:24] | You ever heard of pharming parties? | 你听说过鸡尾酒派对吗? |
[08:26] | No. | 没有 |
[08:27] | Not farming with an “f” but a “ph. “ | 不是喝的那种 是药 |
[08:30] | It’s what kids are doing as of late. | 最近孩子们中流行的 |
[08:32] | They go to their parents’ medicine cabinets, | 他们去父母的药柜里 |
[08:34] | find the leftover prescriptions. | 找到剩下的处方单 |
[08:35] | Pain medicines for backaches, sleeping pills, | 治疗背痛的止痛药 安眠药 |
[08:38] | even their own medications for ADD. | 甚至是治疗他们自己注意力缺陷障碍的药 |
[08:40] | They take all these pharmaceuticals, get together, | 他们拿了这些药品聚到一起 |
[08:42] | trade them, mix them into various medication cocktails, | 交换 把它们混合起来 制成不同的药物鸡尾酒 |
[08:45] | just to see what kind of fun can be had. | 只是要看看到底有多好玩 |
[08:47] | This poor kid more than likely got a bad mix. | 这个可怜的男孩很可能是 吃了不能混合的药 |
[08:50] | Do you know about this? | 你知道这些吗? |
[08:51] | First I’m hearing. | 第一次听说 |
[08:52] | The kids were smart enough to dump all the pills down the toilet, | 孩子们足够聪明 他们把药片都倒到厕所里 |
[08:54] | but we found the prescription bottles, labels missing, in the trash out back. | 但是我们在外面的垃圾里 找到了撕去标签的处方药瓶 |
[08:58] | Hannah would never be involved in anything like that. | Hannah决不会卷到类似的事情里 |
[09:00] | She’s already on an antidepressant. | 她已经在服用抗抑郁药 |
[09:02] | She knows better than to mix it with anything. | 她知道不能把这个与任何东西混合起来 |
[09:05] | Hannah’s on antidepressants? | Hannah在吃抗抑郁药? |
[09:07] | She’s had clinical depression for two years. | 她临床抑郁已经两年了 |
[09:14] | She won’t tell me anything. | 她不会告诉我任何东西 |
[09:16] | The other kids aren’t talking, | 别的孩子不说话 |
[09:18] | but the DA’s not gonna let this one go. | 但是地区检察官不会放过这件事的 |
[09:20] | Someone’s going to jail. | 有人要进监狱 |
[09:23] | I’ll talk to her. | 我会跟她谈谈 |
[09:37] | You cut your hair since Christmas. | 你圣诞节的时候就剪短了头发 |
[09:38] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[09:47] | Well, we’ve got a long road ahead of us. | 嗯 我们前面有很长的路 |
[09:48] | And I realize you’re probably still in shock but, | 我也意识到你可能还处在震惊之中 |
[09:52] | as you can see, we’ve got a little bit of a problem here. | 但是正如你所看到的 我们这里有点问题 |
[09:56] | Besides Ryan being dead? | 除了Ryan已经死掉? |
[09:58] | No, I understand you lost a friend, Hannah. | 不 我明白你失去了一个朋友 Hannah |
[10:00] | But Ryan’s parents also lost a son. | 但是Ryan的父母也失去了一个儿子 |
[10:03] | And they are not gonna stop, and nor should they, | 他们不会也不应该停止 |
[10:06] | until they find out exactly what happened last night. | 直到他们找去昨天晚上到底发生了什么 |
[10:09] | And right now as we’re talking, | 我们现在谈话的时候 |
[10:10] | all your other friends are with their attorneys who are advising them to speak up. | 你所有的其他朋友都正在和他们的律师谈话 律师都建议他们说出来 |
[10:14] | And the first one to speak up is gonna make a deal with the district attorney. | 第一个说出来的会和地区检察官达成协议 |
[10:18] | Everyone else is gonna take responsibility for the crime, | 其他人会为这次犯罪负责 |
[10:20] | and someone is going to go to jail. | 有人要进监狱 |
[10:28] | Hannah, I know you’re a good person. | Hannah 我知道你是个好人 |
[10:31] | I know you’re a good friend, | 我知道你是个很好的朋友 |
[10:34] | but this is the one time you need to think of yourself first. | 但是这一次你应该先想想自己 |
[10:48] | Um, the Strom trial doesn’t begin until the fall, | 恩 Strom审判秋天才开始 |
[10:51] | so we can discuss that at a later date. Denise, what have you got? | 所以我们可以晚一些再讨论 Denise 你有什么? |
[10:53] | Uh, the Preitzler deposition starts Monday, | 啊 Preitzler宣誓作证周一开始 |
[10:56] | plus I’m still negotiating on Friedman vs. Langston, | 还有 我还在为Friedman 诉Langston一案谈判 |
[10:59] | and, oh, Paul needs help on MacCuish and Wassen. | 还有 哦Pall在MacCuish和 Wassen的案子上需要帮助 |
[11:01] | Full load. | 任务满满 |
[11:02] | Very full. Lots of billables, but I’m handling it. | 非常满 很多 但是我处理得了 |
[11:05] | Good. In that case… | 很好 这样的话… |
[11:06] | I’m available. | 我有空 |
[11:07] | Excellent, so you’re with me on the Clifford Cabot case. | 太好了 那么你和我处理Clifford Cabot一案 |
[11:11] | Okay, people, that does it. Thank you very much. | 好了 就这样吧 十分感谢 |
[11:22] | Marlene | Marlene. |
[11:23] | You’re typing with such intensity, | 你如此剧烈的打字 |
[11:25] | almost as though there was some imminent climax. | 几乎好像有高潮要到来 |
[11:35] | She’s on antidepressants. | 她在服抗抑郁药 |
[11:38] | I had no idea. I thought we were close. | 我不知道 我以为我们很亲密 |
[11:40] | Suddenly we’re ordinary people. | 突然我们关系变得普通 |
[11:42] | You’re holiday close. | 你是在假期才和她亲密 |
[11:43] | You get together for the biggies, | 你在大节日和他们聚会 |
[11:44] | you know, Christmas, Easter, share some laughs, old stories. | 例如 圣诞节 复活节 分享笑声和古老的故事 |
[11:48] | And there’s something really comforting about that, | 这些是真的很令人欣慰的事 |
[11:51] | but in-between the jokes, that’s where stuff like | 但是在这些笑话中间 突然插入一些事 比如说 |
[11:54] | “Hannah’s got clinical depression” hang out. | “Hannah有临床抑郁症” |
[11:56] | I mean, how do you share something like that? | 我是说 你会在这种情况下分享这样的事吗 |
[11:59] | Plus, it’s Hannah’s private business. | 还有 这是Hannah的私事 |
[12:01] | Not anymore. It’s like we’ve been strangers for years. | 不再是了 就好像我们多年来都是陌生人 |
[12:05] | Do they know everything about you? | 他们知道你所有的事吗? |
[12:09] | Brad? | Brad? |
[12:12] | Can I, um… | 我能 嗯… |
[12:14] | Hey, Beth. | 嘿 Beth |
[12:17] | They arrested her. | 他们逮捕了她 |
[12:19] | One of the kids talked. | 一个孩子说出来了 |
[12:21] | He said it was all Hannah’s fault, that she organized the whole party, | 他说这都是Hannah的错 整个聚会都是她组织的 |
[12:24] | that she brought all the drugs. | 她带来了所有的药品 |
[12:26] | I know that’s not true. | 我知道这不是真的 |
[12:28] | Where is she now? | 她现在在哪里? |
[12:29] | Rick’s arranging bail. | Rick正在安排保释 |
[12:45] | This is my world. | 这是我的世界 |
[12:46] | Welcome to it. | 欢迎来到这里 |
[12:47] | The current research from the top academics in my field | 在我这个领域里这个国家最权威的大学 |
[12:50] | at the most prestigious universities in the country. | 顶尖学院的当前研究 |
[12:52] | “Sex and love in the time of the booty call”. | 《求爱电话中的性和爱》 |
[12:55] | “Buzz off: A history of anti-vibrator legislation in the United states”. | 《离去:美国反震动棒立法史考》 |
[13:01] | All legitimate papers, presented at the Yale sex week symposium last month. | 所有都是合法的论文 上个月在耶鲁的性周讨论会呈交的 |
[13:06] | You know, you have a way about you. | 你知道 你有种独特的感觉 |
[13:10] | Anyhow, the paper that I’m working on entitled | 总之 我正在研究的论文题目为 |
[13:13] | “low as a ho: Privileging sexual purveyors and the fallacy of phallocentricism” | 《像妓女般卑贱: 性工作者的特权化 和菲勒斯中心主义的谬论》 |
[13:17] | could only be made possible through field research, | 只有经过实地研究才有可能写出 |
[13:20] | which is what I was doing when accosted by the fuzz. | 这就是条子到场时我正在做的 |
[13:22] | Clifford, I think you can understand how the police might have mistaken your intentions | Clifford 我想你可以理解 为什么警察会误解你的意图 |
[13:27] | and let their imaginations get away from them. | 而且浮想连篇 |
[13:29] | And that’s their problem. | 那是他们的问题 |
[13:31] | Finally, our universities are making great strides | 最终 我们的大学在理解人类性状况方面 |
[13:33] | in understanding the human sexual condition. | 跨出巨大一步 |
[13:35] | Graphic sexuality has become ubiquitous in modern society. | 在现代社会性行为的图片已经无处不在 |
[13:38] | It’s irresponsible not to teach young people about it. | 如果不教给年轻人这些是不负责任的 |
[13:41] | These are for real. | 这些是真的 |
[13:42] | You’re kidding. | 你在开玩笑 |
[13:43] | As whacked out as some of these things sound, no offense, Clifford, | 虽然这些事听起来有些疯狂 无意冒犯 Clifford |
[13:46] | they’re all legitimate scholarly research articles. | 他们都是合法的学术研究文章 |
[13:49] | Exactly. | 正是如此 |
[13:50] | Research which required extensive interviews. | 这些研究需要广泛的采访 |
[13:53] | My cousin went to elementary school with the DA. | 我的堂弟和地方检察官曾经一起上小学 |
[13:56] | I think we’ve got enough here to go to him and get these charges dropped. | 我想我们足以帮助他解除指控 |
[14:01] | I like her. | 我喜欢她 |
[14:11] | That’s not how it happened! They’re lying! | 事情不是这样的 他们说谎 |
[14:13] | Then you have to tell the truth. | 那么你必须讲出真相 |
[14:15] | Now these kids are doing exactly what is expected of them. | 现在这些孩子做的 恰恰是他们所被期望做的 |
[14:17] | They’re acting in their own self-interest. | 他们从自己的利益出发 |
[14:19] | Hannah, you must understand, you could go to jail for this. | Hannah 你必须明白 你可能因为这个进监狱 |
[14:23] | They are charging you with second degree murder. | 他们控诉你二级谋杀 |
[14:31] | No. | 不 |
[14:34] | No. | 不 |
[14:45] | Casey Casey Casey, Casey. | |
[14:47] | When you finish perusing, | 你细读完以后 |
[14:49] | please note that what our client had on his mind was | 请注意我们的委托人脑海里 |
[14:50] | purely Q&A for research purposes only. | 纯粹是研究意图的问与答 |
[14:53] | There was no intent to solicit. | 没有嫖娼的意图 |
[14:55] | Oh, no intent, huh? | 噢 没有嫖娼的意图 哈? |
[14:58] | You guys want to let us in on the joke? | 你们想让我们分享一下笑话吗? |
[15:01] | We found that professor Cabot, in doing his research, | 我们发现Cabot教授 在做他的研究的时候 |
[15:05] | was extremely thorough. | 非常的彻底 |
[15:08] | Check it out. | 看看吧 |
[15:11] | Show me! | 给我看 |
[15:12] | Show me the plight of the exploited sex worker. | 让我看看被剥削的性工作者的艰难处境 |
[15:14] | Oh, and show me your ass. | 哦 还有让我看看你的屁股 |
[15:17] | Oh, dear Lord. | 哦 我的上帝 |
[15:19] | Check it out. She’s about to graduate magna cum laude. | 看看吧 她可是他的一个优等生呢 |
[15:22] | Tell me your quim is quivering! | 告诉我你的外阴在颤抖 |
[15:23] | What’s a quim? | 什么是外阴? |
[15:26] | Can you believe she didn’t know what a quim was? | 你能相信她不知道什么是外阴吗 |
[15:28] | Clifford | Clifford. |
[15:29] | I know, it’s awful, pure misery. | 我知道 这很糟糕 完全是恶梦 |
[15:31] | What do we do? | 我们要怎么做? |
[15:32] | Plead this out, take your lumps. | 请求有罪 接受惩罚 |
[15:33] | I can’t do that. My reputation is at stake. | 我不能这么做 这样一来我的声誉岌岌可危 |
[15:36] | If I plead guilty, there goes my entire academic career. | 要是我请求有罪的话 我整个学术生涯就完了 |
[15:39] | You should have thought of that before you hired Eliza Doolittle to polish your knob. | 在你雇佣Eliza Doolittle做这些事之前 就应该想到这一点 |
[15:42] | Okay, Shirley, yes, I’m guilty. Put me in shackles. | 好吧 Shirley 是的 我有罪 把我铐起来吧 |
[15:46] | Let’s not go there. | 我们不要这样 |
[15:47] | But I really did go to that motel for research. | 但是我真的是去旅馆搞研究 |
[15:49] | Only this time Lafonda look so inviting. | 只是这次Lafonda是如此的摄人心魄 |
[15:52] | Her smile told me everything was gonna be all right, | 她的微笑告诉我所有的一切都会很好 |
[15:54] | and I got carried away. | 我被吸引了 |
[15:58] | Shirley, I’m mortified to admit this, | Shirley 要承认这个我很苦恼 |
[16:00] | but I hadn’t been intimate with a woman for years. | 但是我好多年都没有和女人亲密过了 |
[16:03] | My wife left me emotionally and sexually | 我的妻子在情感上和性上都离开了我 |
[16:05] | long before we ever parted ways legally. | 在我们法律上分开很久以前就这样了 |
[16:08] | And loneliness, well, | 还有孤独 啊 |
[16:10] | it isn’t something you can just think your way out of. | 不是你只要想就可以摆脱的 |
[16:14] | Clifford, how many of these interviews have you done? | Clifford 你做过多少次这样的采访? |
[16:18] | With this latest study, 11. | 加上这最后一个 11次 |
[16:19] | But this is the first time anything inappropriate has ever happened. | 但是这是第一次有不适宜的事情发生 |
[16:25] | Ooh, maybe it’s the third. | 哦 也许是第三个 |
[16:28] | We’re sunk. | 我们陷进去了 |
[16:41] | This will stop. | 这个要停止了 |
[16:43] | What will stop? | 什么要停止? |
[16:45] | You and your little games. | 你和你的小游戏 |
[16:46] | They’re a distraction, and they will stop. | 它们令人分心 它们要停止 |
[16:49] | What do you suggest instead? | 那你建议什么呢? |
[16:53] | We’re going to make love. | 我们做爱吧 |
[16:55] | You’re going to give me everything you’ve got. | 你想怎么玩都可以 |
[16:57] | We’re going to get this out of our system. | 把你的小动作从我们正常程序中排除出去 |
[16:59] | It will be kept between the two of us, and then we will move on. | 这事只有我们俩知道 然后我们装作什么都没发生过 |
[17:03] | Sounds very organized. | 听起来头头是道 |
[17:05] | Cut the nonsense. Are you in or not? | 别说废话 你要做还是不做? |
[17:07] | I am very much in. | 我非常乐意 |
[17:10] | However, I have some thoughts. | 但是 我有一些想法 |
[17:12] | First, I am a bit old-fashioned. | 第一 我有一点守旧 |
[17:15] | When it comes to certain women, I prefer to do the stalking. | 对于某种女人 我喜欢做主动 |
[17:18] | You’ve got 24 hours. | 你有24个小时 |
[17:19] | I certainly won’t be timed. | 我当然不会为时所困 |
[17:21] | I think you’re vile. | 你很坏 |
[17:23] | That’s a very good sign. | 这是个很好的兆头 |
[17:24] | For some, it takes quite a while to reach that point. | 对一些人来说 要很久才意识到这一点 |
[17:28] | But you seem very in touch with the worst that the world has to offer. | 但是你看起来和世界上最坏的东西联系紧密 |
[17:35] | You’ve always been a very bad girl. | 你一直都是个坏女孩 |
[17:38] | Now you’re working up to awful, | 现在你觉得很糟糕 |
[17:41] | and you think I’m just the lucky lad to get you there. | 而你认为是我这个幸运的小伙子 把你带到这个境地 |
[17:44] | You might just be right, | 你也许恰好是对的 |
[17:46] | as long as it’s messy, | 只是会有点凌乱不堪 |
[17:49] | and it hurts just a bit. | 而且有点疼 |
[17:56] | Just as soon as I return from Los Angeles. | 等我从洛山矶回来 |
[18:24] | This has a familiar feel to it. | 有一种熟悉的感觉 |
[18:26] | Oh, I forgot. You haven’t been to this branch. | 哦 我忘了 你没来过这个分店 |
[18:28] | How are you? Denny Crane. | 你好吗? Denny Crane |
[18:29] | I’m a big believer in consistency. | 我非常坚信一致性 |
[18:31] | Whether you kill someone in Boston, New York, Chicago… | 不管你是否杀了人 在波士顿 纽约 芝加哥… |
[18:34] | Denny Crane | Denny Crane. |
[18:36] | L.A., London, Tokyo, you’ll feel right at home here. | L.A. 伦敦还是东京 你在这里都会感到宾至如归 |
[18:41] | Oh, my God. | 噢 我的天 |
[18:42] | So I’ll messenger those contracts to you this afternoon. | 那么今天下午我会把这些合同发给你 |
[18:44] | Perfect. Thank you. | 太好了 谢谢你 |
[18:47] | Denny Crane Ms. Reese. Denny Crane. | Reese 小姐 |
[18:49] | Hello. | 你好 |
[18:50] | I’m sorry, the Denny Crane. Crane, Poole & Sperm, Schmidt. | 对不起 我是Denny Crane 来自Crane Poole & Sperm(精子)…Schmidt |
[18:54] | May I say that I have seen every single one of the episodes of “Night bay”? | 我可以说我看过《夜晚海湾》的每一集吗? |
[18:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[19:00] | And I wonder, how can they keep this thing going? | 我也很好奇 他们怎么能让这件事持续的? |
[19:03] | But, you know, night swimmers need protection, too, | 但是 你知道 晚上游泳的人也需要保护 |
[19:07] | and drug smugglers thrive under the cloak of darkness. | 毒品走私者在夜幕的掩盖下活动 |
[19:10] | And this is my colleague Alan Shore. | 这是我的同事Alan Shore |
[19:13] | A pleasure, miss… | 很荣幸 女士… |
[19:14] | Oh, he doesn’t watch television. | 噢 他不看电视 |
[19:16] | I doubt he’s even seen the sex tape your boyfriend filmed of you. | 我都怀疑他是否看过 你男朋友给你拍的性爱录像 |
[19:20] | I have to go now. | 我得走了 |
[19:24] | Bye-bye. | 再见 |
[19:26] | I love L.A. | 我爱L.A. |
[19:28] | Denny Crane, you son of a gun. How are you? | Denny Crane 你这个坏蛋 你好吗? |
[19:31] | Good, good, good. | 挺好 挺好 挺好 |
[19:32] | Barry Goal | Barry Goal. |
[19:33] | Alan Shore. How do you do? | Alan Shore 你好 |
[19:35] | Senior partner, Crane, Poole & Schmidt L.A. | 高级合伙人 Crane Poole & Schmidt L.A. |
[19:38] | Barry Goal | Barry Goal. |
[19:38] | You said that. | 你说过 |
[19:39] | Denny Crane west, almost. | 可以把他看作是西部的Denny Crane |
[19:41] | Got it. | 我知道了 |
[19:43] | Barry Goal | Barry Goal. |
[19:48] | Docket number 52893. | 诉讼号 52893 |
[19:50] | Commonwealth vs. Hannah Guttman on a charge of second degree murder. | 联邦诉Hannah Guttman二级谋杀 |
[19:53] | Great. | 太好了 |
[19:54] | How do you plead? | 你打算如何辩护? |
[19:55] | Not guilty, your honor. | 无罪 阁下 |
[19:56] | Bail? | 保释? |
[19:56] | The defense requests ROR. | 辨方要求自签担保释放(ROR) |
[19:58] | Hannah’s parents can take responsibility for her. | Hannah的父母可以为她负责 |
[19:59] | The defendant is charged with second degree murder. Bail… | 被告人被指控犯有二级谋杀 保释… |
[20:02] | That’s way out of whack, your honor. | 这不正常 阁下 |
[20:03] | This case is involuntary manslaughter at its best. | 这个案子至多是过失杀人 |
[20:05] | You’re gonna tell me how to file? | 你要教我如何起诉吗? |
[20:06] | She’s overcharging, your honor, hoping we’ll plead for manslaughter. | 她被指控的罪名过重 阁下 我们请求把罪名改为过失杀人 |
[20:10] | An innocent boy is dead, your honor. Forgive me for taking it seriously. | 一个无辜的男孩死了 阁下 请原谅我这么重视 |
[20:13] | All right. | 好吧 |
[20:14] | The defendant has no prior record. | 被告人没有犯罪记录 |
[20:16] | I’m gonna release her into the custody of her parents. | 我要让她的父母监护她 |
[20:18] | Conference with the clerk for scheduling. | 你们和办事员共同商议出庭日程吧 |
[20:24] | Hannah… Hannah… | |
[20:27] | You’re not going to look at us? | 你不打算看看我们吗? |
[20:28] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[20:29] | You killed our son. You’re not going to even look at us? | 你杀了我们的儿子 你甚至不打算看看我们? |
[20:38] | And did you take care of what we talked about? | 我们谈的都处理好了吗? |
[20:40] | Just as you requested. | 正如你所要求的 |
[20:42] | All the amendments to your living will have been incorporated per your specifications. | 你的生前遗嘱根据你每个 具体的要求进行了修改 |
[20:45] | We just need the proper signatures. | 我们只需要一个合适的签名 |
[20:47] | Excellent. | 太好了 |
[20:47] | And just so you know, we did a search, | 正如你所知道的 我们做了调查 |
[20:49] | and there’s no place that will legally sanction euthanasia by bullet to the brain. | 没有地方会在法律上 批准将子弹射入脑袋这种安乐死 |
[20:54] | Oh, chest? | 哦 胸部呢? |
[20:55] | Sorry, the most you can hope for is a slow morphine drip | 对不起 你能指望的最多就是慢速的吗啡注射 |
[20:59] | or counting on Alan here to pull your plug. | 或者指望Alan拔掉你的维生装置 |
[21:02] | Excuse me? | 什么? |
[21:03] | Denny has amended his living will to grant you power of attorney | Denny更改了他的生前遗嘱 赋予你律师的权利 |
[21:06] | so you can enforce the DNR clause. | 所以你可以执行放弃抢救(DNR)条款 |
[21:09] | Just in case, uh, you know… | 只是以防万一 恩 你知道… |
[21:12] | Since Cap Weinberger died, I need someone else to pull my plug. | 自从Cap Weinberger死后 我需要其他人来拔掉我的插头 (Cap Weinberger曾为美国国防部长) |
[21:16] | You’re up, Alan. I’ve got a slot open. | 该你了 Alan 我为你留下了签名的地方 |
[21:19] | Hancock? | 笔 |
[21:24] | I’m sorry, Barry. We’ll have to take care of this another time. | 对不起 Barry 我们下次再说吧 |
[21:38] | We are so screwed on the Clifford Cabot case. | 我们在 Clifford Cabot一案上搞得一团糟 |
[21:40] | Really? Oh, I’m sorry. | 真的吗? 哦 真可惜 |
[21:41] | And you were so eager to get on that one, too. | 你是那么地希望它顺利 |
[21:44] | I know. | 我知道 |
[21:45] | I thought we had a real strong argument | 我以为我们有一个很强的论据 |
[21:47] | that his encounter with the crazy hooker was just part of his crazy academic research, | 遇见这个疯狂的妓女 不过是他疯狂的学术研究的一部分 |
[21:50] | but it turns out he videotaped the whole thing. | 但是结果他拍下来了所有的事情 |
[21:52] | He videotaped it? | 他录下来了? |
[21:54] | Yeah. And it’s not one of those blurry night-vision videos. | 是的 而且不是模糊的夜视录像 |
[21:56] | This one is crystal clear. | 这个清楚得毫发毕现 |
[21:58] | But the important thing is, | 但是重要的是 |
[21:59] | he filmed it. | 他录下来了 |
[22:01] | He made a film. | 他录了一个录像带 |
[22:03] | A film which is protected under the first amendment. | 第一修正案所保护的录像带 |
[22:06] | Uh, Denise. | 啊 Denise |
[22:09] | Paul, uh, I can’t, not now. | Paul 啊 我不能 不是现在 |
[22:28] | Shirley, I had a thought. | Shirley 我有一个想法 |
[22:30] | Ride with me. | 和我一起乘电梯 |
[22:32] | Get out! | 出去 |
[22:40] | No! | 不 |
[22:40] | And if he filmed it for distribution to entertain an audience, | 要是他录下来是为了娱乐用途 |
[22:44] | that’s pornography, which is protected under the first amendment. | 那就是色情电影 受第一修正案保护 |
[22:48] | Good thinking. | 好想法 |
[22:49] | What is that pounding? | 这是什么声音? |
[22:52] | This building has a lot of quirks. Haven’t you noticed? | 这栋楼有很多奇怪的地方 你没有发现吗? |
[23:16] | Great. | 太好了 |
[23:19] | I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[23:23] | Hannah, this is Rachel Lewiston. | Hannah 这是Rachel Lewiston |
[23:26] | Hi, Hannah. | 你好 Hannah |
[23:26] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[23:29] | I’m just gonna be out there. | 我出去一下 |
[23:43] | Well, nothing awkward about this, is there? | 恩 这没有什么尴尬的 是吗? |
[23:45] | I’m sorry, but why am I even talking to you? | 对不起 但是为什么我要和你说话呢 |
[23:48] | Honestly, ’cause your uncle is a little lame. | 诚实的说 因为你的叔叔有点无力 |
[23:51] | Yeah, he thought I could help you, | 是的 他认为我能帮助你 |
[23:52] | but the only thing I can think to do is to tell you about Jenny Diner. | 但是我能想到唯一可以做的事就是 告诉你关于Jenny Diner的事 |
[23:56] | Who? | 谁? |
[23:57] | She was a girl I met in rehab. | 她是在我在康复中心遇见的一个女孩 |
[24:00] | I was there recently. | 我最近在那里 |
[24:02] | Jenny’s about your age, angry as hell. | Jenny差不多和你一样大 非常愤怒 |
[24:05] | We got along great. | 我们相处得很好 |
[24:08] | I mean, there were other addicts there who I had more in common with, | 我的意思是 我可能和别的瘾君子有更多的共同点 |
[24:12] | but Jenny and I, um, | 但是Jenny和我 恩 |
[24:15] | well, we really understood each other. | 恩 我们真的很了解彼此 |
[24:18] | I, um… | 我 恩… |
[24:20] | I mentioned it to one of the counselors one day. | 我有一天对一个顾问提到了这个 |
[24:23] | He said he wasn’t surprised. | 他说他并不惊奇 |
[24:25] | They’ve done studies that show | 他们做了一个试验 |
[24:27] | that drug and alcohol abuse stunts your emotional growth. | 显示说滥用毒品和酒精可以阻碍你的情感成长 |
[24:30] | Whatever age you start abusing, that’s the age you are emotionally, | 不管你是从什么时候开始服用的 那就是你的心理年龄 |
[24:34] | so even though I’m pushing the big 4-0, | 所以虽然我已经快40了 |
[24:37] | and I’m raising a 3-year-old, in many ways, I’m still 16, | 我有一个3岁的孩子 但在很多方面 我还是16岁 |
[24:41] | which is why my father’s stare can still make me feel 2 feet tall. | 也正因为此我爸爸的凝视 仍然让我觉得自己只有两英尺高 |
[24:47] | And why my best friend and confidant in rehab was a 16 year old hooked on heroin. | 也正因此 我在康复中心 最好的朋友和知心是一个吸毒的16岁女孩 |
[24:53] | I don’t do drugs. | 我不吸毒 |
[24:55] | Hannah… Hannah… | |
[24:57] | I just want to tell you | 我只想告诉你 |
[24:58] | the one thing I learned the really, really hard way, | 我好不容易 真的好不容易学到的一件事 |
[25:03] | and that is you have to own your crap. | 你必须自食其果 |
[25:06] | What you do, what you say, who you hurt, | 你所作的 你所说的 你所伤害的 |
[25:09] | you have to own all of it. | 你必须都自食其果 |
[25:12] | And if you don’t want to be stuck here at age 16 for the rest of your life, | 要是你不想后半生都停滞在16岁 |
[25:15] | you’re gonna have to tell people what happened. | 你要告诉人们发生了什么 |
[25:35] | Your honor, the defense’s motion to dismiss is absurd. | 阁下 被告及其辩护人 要求无罪释放的要求是荒谬的 |
[25:38] | We have a videotape which clearly shows that the defendant was caught fully… | 我们有一个录像 清晰地显示被告被逮倒时完全是在… |
[25:42] | in the commission of the illegal act. | 从事非法行为 |
[25:45] | It used to be called in flagrante delicto, | 这通常被称为当场抓捕 |
[25:48] | but people don’t speak as colorfully anymore. | 但是人们不再那么带有色彩地说了 |
[25:51] | It’s a damn shame, too. | 这也是个该死的羞耻 |
[25:53] | Ms. Stanger. | Stanger小姐 |
[25:55] | Professor Cabot was indeed in that motel room. | Cabot教授确实在那个汽车旅馆的房间里 |
[25:58] | He did purchase the services of Lafonda Raymond, | 他确实购买了Lafonda Raymond的服务 |
[26:01] | and he did set up his camera and make a videotape, | 他架起他的摄像机 录制了一盘录像带 |
[26:03] | and that is why these charges should be dismissed. | 这就是为什么要解除对他的指控 |
[26:06] | I’m not following you, Ms. Stanger. | 我不太明白 Stanger小姐 |
[26:08] | Your honor, professor Cabot was not engaged in an act of prostitution. | 阁下 Cabot教授并非在嫖娼 |
[26:13] | He was, in fact, making a pornographic movie, | 他事实上 在制作一盘色情电影 |
[26:15] | and as a result, everything he did is protected under the first amendment. | 所以 他所作的一切都是受第一修正案保护的 |
[26:18] | Oh, come on. | 哦 算了吧 |
[26:19] | Your honor, professor Cabot is a distinguished professor and budding director, | 阁下 Cabot教授是一位优秀的教授 也是一名初涉影坛的导演 |
[26:24] | but unlike many other first-time independent filmmakers… | 但是与很多其他第一次 独立拍摄电影的制作人不同… |
[26:26] | Please! | 拜托 |
[26:27] | Professor Cabot comes to his subject after years of study and research, | Cabot教授在经过了多年的学习和研究 之后才开始从事这个活动 |
[26:31] | which will only serve to broaden and deepen | 这只是为了扩大深化 |
[26:34] | the potential impact of his cinematic creation. | 他电影制作的潜在影响力 |
[26:37] | Wow. | 哇呜 |
[26:38] | I hope you can see through this ridiculous smokescreen. | 我希望你能看穿这层可笑的烟雾弹 |
[26:41] | It doesn’t matter if the defendant is a professor or a bog worker. | 被告人是名教授还是沼泽工人毫无关系 |
[26:44] | It doesn’t matter if he had ten cameras rolling the whole time. | 他有十台摄像机同时运转也毫无干系 |
[26:46] | The fact is, he paid to have sex with a prostitute, and that’s against the law. | 事实是 他付给妓女钱以发生性关系 这是违法的 |
[26:51] | Your honor, I have a witness who will prove my argument. | 阁下 我有一名证人来证实我的论点 |
[26:54] | Mr. Craven, have you had a chance to look at the film made by professor Cabot? | Craven先生 你有机会看到Cabot教授所制作的电影吗? |
[26:59] | Yes. | 是的 |
[26:59] | In your expert opinion as a filmmaker, what is professor Cabot doing in the film? | 作为一名电影制作人 从您的专业观点来看 Cabot教授在电影里做什么? |
[27:04] | Well, he’s acting, he’s directing the action | 恩 他在表演 他在导演动作 |
[27:07] | and, of course, he’s screwing. | 当然 他也参与其中 |
[27:09] | As part of his performance? | 是他表演的一部分吗? |
[27:11] | Yes. | 是的 |
[27:11] | So we have acting, directing, cinematography… | 所以我们有表演 导演 电影术… |
[27:14] | If you include his humming, he’s doing the score. | 要是你是指包括他的低吟 他在使表演更精彩 |
[27:17] | We’re talking about a film here, aren’t we? | 我们这里说的是电影不是吗? |
[27:19] | Oh, yes. | 哦 是的 |
[27:19] | Now I think we would all agree that this isn’t a particularly good film. | 现在我想我们都会同意 这不是一个非常好的电影 |
[27:23] | Oh, boy. | 哦 天呢 |
[27:24] | But let me ask you this. | 但是让我问你这个问题 |
[27:25] | Is this film, a film produced and directed by professor Cabot, | 这个电影 Cabot教授所制作并导演的电影 |
[27:29] | starring himself and Lafonda, | 以他自己和Lafonda为主角 |
[27:32] | is it the worst film you’ve ever seen? | 是你所看过的最糟糕的电影吗? |
[27:35] | No, not by a long shot. | 不 就长镜头电影来说不是的 |
[27:59] | It was just stuff from the drug store, prescriptions. | 只是从药店买来的药品 处方药品 |
[28:03] | It was safe. | 它是安全的 |
[28:05] | No, not for Ryan. | 不 对Ryan来说不是 |
[28:07] | Everybody’s on something. | 每个人都要依靠一些东西 |
[28:10] | I have friends who have to take a pill to wake up in the morning, | 我有些朋友需要服一片药 来帮助他们早上醒来 |
[28:12] | to go to sleep, to study. | 来入睡 来学习 |
[28:14] | I need to take something to calm down before a test. | 我需要服点什么来让自己在测验前平静下来 |
[28:17] | Hannah, I’m not here to judge. | Hannah 我不是来评判的 |
[28:18] | Yes, you are. | 是的你是 |
[28:19] | Everyone is. | 每个人都是 |
[28:20] | They’re trying to pin this whole thing on me, | 他们打算把整件事都栽到我身上 |
[28:22] | and I didn’t organize the party, | 不是我组织的聚会 |
[28:24] | and I didn’t bring all the drugs. | 也不是我带来的所有药品 |
[28:26] | Okay. | 好的 |
[28:29] | But, um… | 但是 恩… |
[28:34] | I gave Ryan the meds that killed him. | 是我给了Ryan那些杀死他的药 |
[28:39] | I was just trying to make him better. | 我只是想让他感觉好一点. |
[28:42] | You need to explain this to me. | 你需要向我解释这些 |
[28:44] | I can’t. You don’t know what it’s like to be depressed. | 我不能 你不知道压抑是什么感觉 |
[28:48] | Sure I do. | 我当然知道 |
[28:50] | No, you don’t. | 不 你不知道 |
[28:53] | Real depression affects you physically. | 真正的抑郁在身体上影响着你 |
[28:56] | You literally can’t get out of bed. | 你简直不能从床上爬起来 |
[28:59] | There’s a weight pressing down on you all the time. | 一直有一种重量沉沉地压在你身上 |
[29:02] | You don’t care if you eat, if you stink. | 你不在乎你是否吃饭 发臭 |
[29:05] | It’s all too much. | 这太难受了 |
[29:08] | And Ryan had it. | Ryan就是这样 |
[29:10] | I told him to talk to his parents. | 我让他告诉他的父母 |
[29:13] | They told him to study harder and play sports after school. | 他们告诉他更用功的学习 放学后做些运动 |
[29:17] | Ryan was drowning, and they couldn’t see it. | Ryan要死了 他们却看不见 |
[29:26] | The night of the party, | 聚会的那天晚上 |
[29:28] | I swear, I gave Ryan the exact dose that I was taking. | 我发誓 我给Ryan的剂量 完全是我所服用的剂量 |
[29:33] | He must have, you know, had something first, or he was drinking, | 他一定是 你知道 先服用了某种东西 或者他喝了酒 |
[29:37] | or I don’t know, he was allergic, but he wasn’t supposed to die, though! | 或者我不知道 他过敏 但是他不应该死掉 |
[29:40] | He wasn’t supposed to die. | 他不应该死掉 |
[29:43] | He wasn’t supposed to. | 他不应该 |
[29:49] | So it’s true? | 所以这是真的? |
[29:50] | Wes Craven was your ace in the hole? | Wes Craven是你的秘密武器? |
[29:52] | Paul, she was brilliant. | Paul 她太棒了 |
[29:54] | I know we’re not supposed to say clients are guilty, | 我知道我们不应该说委托人是有罪的 |
[29:56] | but this guy was guilty, and she got him off. | 但是这个人有罪 而她让他脱身了 |
[29:59] | Oh… | 哦… |
[30:02] | I’ll see you guys. | 呆会见 |
[30:04] | Marlene, tell me more. | Marlene 再告诉我详细点 |
[30:06] | Shirley, I realize there’s no way that I can say this without sounding petty, | Shirley 我知道我说这个可能显得有点小器 |
[30:10] | but that whole pornography-slash – first amendment rights thing, | 但是这个所有的色情电影的想法 第一修正案权利 |
[30:13] | that was my idea. | 都是我的主意 |
[30:15] | Yeah, it sounds like you, but, Denise, | 是的 听起来就像你的 但是Denise |
[30:19] | she got to the elevator first. | 她捷足先登了 |
[30:44] | Denny Crane | Denny Crane. |
[30:46] | Denny Crane | Denny Crane. |
[30:47] | I sometimes forget that you’re famous. | 我有时候会忘记你是个出名的人 |
[30:49] | I’m well-known. | 我是挺出名 |
[30:56] | What a small world. | 多么小的世界 |
[30:58] | And what big… | 多么大的… |
[30:59] | You knew she’d be here. | 你知道她会在这里 |
[31:01] | It’s her favorite restaurant. | 这是她最喜欢的餐馆 |
[31:03] | My God, they’re beautiful. | 我的天 它们真漂亮 |
[31:07] | Courtney | Courtney! |
[31:08] | Hey, hey, hey. | 嘿嘿嘿 |
[31:10] | Knock it off, give her some space! | 别这样 给她点空间 |
[31:11] | What’s the matter with you? | 你怎么了? |
[31:13] | Hey, hey. | 嘿嘿 |
[31:23] | She’s magnificent. | 她太美了 |
[31:25] | Ever see the show she hosts? | 你看过她主持的节目吗? |
[31:27] | It’s called “the Phoenix. “ | 叫做《凤凰》 |
[31:29] | Is it about mythology? | 是关于神话的吗? |
[31:31] | Oh, yeah, people would watch that. | 哦 是的 应该看看 |
[31:33] | No, it’s a reality show. | 不 是个真人秀 |
[31:34] | They take these wrecked broads and make them look, uh, pretty. | 他们拿些破木板 然后让它们看起来 啊 很漂亮 |
[31:40] | She could at least have shared a drink with me. | 她最起码应该和我喝杯酒 |
[31:43] | Why should she? You stalked her. | 为什么她应该 你跟踪她 |
[31:45] | I did not stalk her. | 我没跟踪她 |
[31:46] | You found out where she eats. You showed up. That’s stalking. | 你找到她在哪里吃饭 你现身 这就是跟踪 |
[31:50] | All right, why are you still miffed at me? | 好吧 你为什么对我生气? |
[31:52] | I’m not miffed, Denny. | 我没有生气 Denny |
[31:53] | You’re miffed enough to ruin my meal. | 你的生气足够来毁掉我的晚餐 |
[31:55] | I thought being my plug-puller would be an honor. | 我以为拔我的插头是个荣誉 |
[31:58] | It is. And I’m not saying I don’t want to be the one to pull your plug. | 那是的 我没说我不想拔你的插头 |
[32:02] | I just felt the way the whole package was presented to me was wrong. | 我只是觉得将所有都准备好了 才让我知道是错的 |
[32:05] | I just told you to sign my document. | 我只是告诉你签我的文件 |
[32:07] | Exactly. With something as monumental as that, | 确实是 像那样大的事情 |
[32:10] | you don’t just push a piece of paper in one’s face. | 你不应该把一张纸推到一个人的面前 |
[32:13] | You discuss it first. | 你应该先讨论一下 |
[32:14] | We’ve discussed it plenty of times. You said you would shoot me. | 我们讨论过很多次了 你说过你可以向我射击 |
[32:18] | There’s a difference between talking about it and signing a legal document. | 讨论和签署一个法律文件是不同的 |
[32:21] | You’re a fricking lawyer for God’s sake. That’s what you do! | 看在上帝的份上 你是个律师 那是你的职业 |
[32:23] | With others, yes. When it comes to my personal life, | 对别人来说 是的 但是对我的个人生活来说 |
[32:26] | I don’t actually sign contracts at the drop of a hat. | 我不会别人一张口就签署合约 |
[32:29] | When I say I’ll do something, I do it, regardless of a piece of paper. | 当我说我要做什么的时候 我就会做 不去管有没有文件 |
[32:31] | And I expect people to hold me to my word. | 我也希望人们拿我的话当真 |
[32:33] | What’s the matter with you? | 你是怎么了? |
[32:35] | People don’t do that anymore. | 人们不再那样做了 |
[32:36] | And you certainly can’t expect the hospital to acknowledge your word. | 你肯定也不能期望医院承认你的话 |
[32:40] | In this case, I can see that. | 在这种情况下 我可以知道 |
[32:43] | Well, are you gonna sign the damn thing or not? | 哦 你到底要不要签这个该死的东西? |
[32:49] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[32:52] | I apologize. | 我道歉 |
[32:54] | How about I ask you properly? | 我换个问法怎么样? |
[32:57] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[33:00] | Would you do me the honor of killing me? | 我有这个荣幸让你杀掉我吗? |
[33:10] | I will. | 我会的 |
[33:13] | Waiter, champagne. | 侍者 香槟 |
[33:31] | This is just a nightmare. | 这简直是个噩梦 |
[33:32] | It is, but… | 是的 但是… |
[33:34] | we’ve got a case. | 我们有个案子 |
[33:37] | Oh, thank God. | 哦 谢天谢地 |
[33:38] | Hannah had a very compelling motive for giving Ryan those pills, | Hannah有很强烈的动机要给Ryan那些药片 |
[33:42] | and I’m almost positive that I can plead out. | 我几乎可以确定我能帮助她认罪减刑 |
[33:44] | She told you she gave him the pills? | 她告诉你她给了他药片? |
[33:47] | Yes. | 是的 |
[33:48] | And I believe that she was trying to help him, | 我相信她是为了帮助他 |
[33:49] | and I think she can convince the DA, too. | 我相信她也可以说服地区检察官 |
[33:52] | Well, if she pleads guilty, will she get probation? | 要是她请求有罪 那她会得到缓刑吗? |
[33:58] | No. | 不 |
[34:00] | It’s, she’s probably gonna have to do some time in a juvenile facility, maybe a year. | 她很可能要青少年机构里服刑一段时间 也许是一年 |
[34:04] | No, it would kill her, Brad. | 不 这会害死她 Brad |
[34:07] | She’s a sick girl! | 她有病的 |
[34:09] | I’ll get the best deal that I can, | 我会尽力让她得到最好的待遇 |
[34:10] | but I’m certain it’s gonna involve some jail time. | 但是我确定肯定要判一段时间刑 |
[34:12] | A kid died, Beth. | 一个孩子死了 Beth |
[34:18] | What if she says she didn’t do it? | 要是她说她没有做过呢? |
[34:22] | But she did it. | 但是她做了 |
[34:23] | Yeah, well, there were a lot of other kids at that party. | 是的 嗯 在那个聚会上还有很多其他孩子 |
[34:25] | That, that one, Jason has a prior drug conviction. | 那个 那一个 Jason有吸毒前科 |
[34:27] | What if Hannah just keeps her mouth shut? | 要是Hannah不说呢? |
[34:31] | Beth, what are you asking me to do? | Beth 你要我做什么? |
[34:32] | I’m asking you to do what’s best for your niece. | 我要你做对你的侄女最有利的事情 |
[34:34] | What’s best for her is to tell the truth | 对她最有利的就是讲出实情 |
[34:36] | and get this behind her and to get on with her life. | 让她忘掉这件事 开始新的生活 |
[34:38] | No, what’s best is to keep her out of jail. | 不 对她最好的事就是不让她进监狱 |
[34:40] | I’m not gonna pin this on some other kid when I know that Hannah did it. | 我知道是Hannah做的 我就不会诬陷别的孩子 |
[34:47] | Then I’m getting another lawyer. | 那么我再找个律师 |
[35:03] | Hi, Denise. | 嗨 Denise. |
[35:04] | Marlene | Marlene. |
[35:05] | You know, those girls were right. | 你知道 这些女孩是对的 |
[35:07] | We really do make a pretty good team. | 我们确实是个非常优秀的团队 |
[35:09] | I like the way we bounce ideas off each other. | 我喜欢我们从彼此那里得到灵感 |
[35:12] | Well, you know what they say, Marlene. | 你知道他们说什么 Marlene |
[35:14] | You can’t beat an idea whose time has come, and, Marlene, | 不是不报 时候未到 Marlene |
[35:17] | your time is coming. | 你的时候到了 |
[35:23] | Does my mom know we’re having this conversation? | 我的妈妈知道我们的这次对话吗? |
[35:25] | Hannah, your mother, | Hannah 你的妈妈 |
[35:27] | she likes perfect endings. | 她喜欢完美的结局 |
[35:29] | Tell me about it. | 说说看 |
[35:31] | There’s no perfect ending here. | 这里没有完美的结局 |
[35:33] | There’s a lousy one, | 只有糟糕的 |
[35:34] | where a kid is dead, you’re held accountable, | 一个孩子死了 你负了责 |
[35:37] | you end up serving six months, possibly a year in jail. | 你会在监狱里服刑半年 也许是一年 |
[35:40] | Then there’s a catastrophic one, | 还有一个悲剧性的结局 |
[35:42] | where a kid is dead, you try to avoid being held accountable. | 一个孩子死了 你试图逃避责任 |
[35:45] | You roll the dice. You go to trial. You lose. | 你碰碰运气 你选择上庭 你输了 |
[35:47] | You end up serving three years, possibly more. | 结果你就要服刑三年 可能更多 |
[35:50] | Now this perfect life that your mother was so determined for you to have, that’s off the table. | 现在你的妈妈坚持要你拥有的完美生活 没有可能性 |
[35:55] | She’s not seeing clearly on this. | 她看不清这些 |
[35:57] | And you are? | 你看清了? |
[35:59] | I know the law, | 我了解法律 |
[36:01] | and I know your mom. | 我也了解你妈妈 |
[36:04] | Yes, I’m the one you should be listening to right now. | 是的 我就是你现在所要听从的人 |
[36:14] | Six months? | 六个月? |
[36:15] | Juvenile, minimum security. | 少管所 最好的情况 |
[36:17] | I may even be able to do better, but you gotta trust me. | 我可能还可以做得更好 但你要信任我 |
[36:25] | Okay, this is going to look like I am completely kissing your ass, and I am, | 好吧 这看起来我是在拍马屁 而我确实是 |
[36:30] | but look what I actually found in the cold aisle at the grocery store. | 但是看看我在杂货店的冰柜里找到了什么 |
[36:34] | “Schmidt” beer. | Schmidt啤酒 |
[36:35] | Well, would you look at that? | 啊 看看这个 |
[37:39] | You know I’m good. | 你知道我是很棒的 |
[37:42] | You’re very good. | 你是很棒的 |
[37:43] | I spent nine years working my tail off to make partner. | 我花了九年的时间来努力工作要成为合伙人 |
[37:47] | In three minutes she comes in and tries to take my spot. | 三分钟她就进来了还试图抢我的位子 |
[37:51] | Marlene? | Marlene? |
[37:52] | Squid. | 乌贼 |
[37:53] | Ruthless, horrible sea creature. | 无情的可怕的海洋生物 |
[37:58] | It’s so unfair when people like that win. | 人们喜欢这种赢法真是不公平 |
[38:01] | So don’t let her. | 那就不要让她赢 |
[38:05] | Right. | 对 |
[38:15] | What? | 什么? |
[38:17] | You just kinda… | 你有点… |
[38:19] | broke it for me. | 打断了我 |
[38:23] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[38:24] | No, it’s not your fault. | 不 这不是你的错 |
[38:25] | It’s this thing with my niece. | 是我的侄女 |
[38:27] | We’re friends with benefits. | 我们是”互利朋友” |
[38:29] | This is supposed to be our break from all those hassles. | 本来的目的就是 从这些烦人的工作中获得休息的机会 |
[38:32] | I just can’t let it go. | 我只是不能释怀 |
[38:37] | Maybe it would help if you didn’t think about it personally. | 也许如果你不从私人的角度 来考虑这件事会有所帮助 |
[38:42] | You know, if you thought about it like an attorney. | 你知道 要是你像一名律师一样来想这件事 |
[38:44] | Okay. | 好的 |
[38:46] | Brad, nothing excites you as much as the law. | Brad 再没有比法律更让你激动的东西了 |
[38:51] | I know. | 我知道 |
[38:52] | So imagine yourself… | 所以想象一下你自己… |
[38:54] | standing tall in front of the jury box, | 高高地站在陪审席前面 |
[39:00] | adrenaline pumping, juices flowing, | 肾上腺素涌动着 挥洒汗水 |
[39:04] | the judge up there with his gavel, | 法官在那里拿着法槌 |
[39:08] | banging, | 邦 |
[39:10] | banging, | 邦 |
[39:12] | banging. | 邦 |
[39:14] | Oh, yeah. | 哦 是的 |
[39:20] | I bet Marlene isn’t getting laid right now. | 我打赌Marlene还是老处女 |
[39:28] | Alan, I want you to know, when we get back to Boston, | Alan 我想要你知道 我们回到波士顿后 |
[39:31] | first thing I’m gonna do is sign your living will, be your plug-puller. | 我要做的第一件事就是签署你的生前遗嘱 做你的拔插头者 |
[39:35] | You don’t have to do that, Denny. | 你不用这么做 Denny |
[39:36] | I want to do that. | 我想要这么做 |
[39:38] | It meant a great deal to me | 这对我来说意义重大 |
[39:40] | when you agreed to give me the, the big send-off. | 当你同意要给我这个 这个巨大的礼物 |
[39:43] | It was a great show of affection, of love. | 这显示了极大的关心 爱 |
[39:49] | You showed me yours. Now I want to show you mine. | 你显示了你的 现在我要显示给你我的 |
[39:51] | I certainly appreciate that, | 我很感谢 |
[39:53] | but the fact is my living will, as it were, is taken care of. | 但事实是我的生前遗嘱 有人照管 |
[39:57] | Well, we’ll amend it. | 那么 我们就修改它 |
[39:58] | There’s really no need. | 真的没有必要 |
[39:59] | I want to. | 我想要 |
[39:59] | You don’t have to. | 你不需要 |
[40:00] | But I want to. | 但是我想要 |
[40:01] | – It’s fine. – It’s not. | – 没关系的 – 有关系 |
[40:02] | I’m telling you it is. | 我告诉你没关系 |
[40:04] | I’m telling you it’s not. | 我告诉你有关系 |
[40:08] | What are we talking about? | 我们在谈什么? |
[40:09] | My living will. | 我的生前遗嘱 |
[40:10] | Right. So first thing we get back, | 对 所以我们回去后的第一件事 |
[40:13] | I sign on as your plug-puller, cased closed. | 我签署为你的拔插头者 结案了 |
[40:15] | No. | 不 |
[40:18] | Is there something you’re not telling me? Is there somebody else? | 是不是有什么事你没有告诉我? 是不是有其他人? |
[40:21] | No, it’s just I’ve made my arrangements. | 不 只是我已经安排好了 |
[40:23] | It’s not a particularly pleasant subject to revisit, | 再重新审阅这个并不是一件很快乐的事 |
[40:25] | so I’m going to preserve the status quo. | 所以我想维持现状 |
[40:27] | You don’t trust me. | 你不信任我 |
[40:28] | I’d trust you. | 我信任你 |
[40:31] | Not with this. Not with your life. Waiter, bring him the check. over the prospect of pulling the plug on the other. | 在你的生命上不是 侍应生 让他付帐 |
[40:36] | Denny… Denny… | |
[40:36] | The trouble with you is your brain is so clogged up with big words, | 你的问题就是你满脑子都是宏篇大论 |
[40:39] | you don’t have room for the stuff that’s really important. | 你没有给那些真正重要的事留下空间 |
[40:42] | Trust in a friendship is a 2-way street, or there’s no friendship. | 友谊中的信任是一条双程道 否则就没有友谊 |
[40:45] | 真正的友谊不包括一个人在 拔掉另一个的插头方面无比轻率 | |
[40:50] | I’m not giddy! | 我不轻率 |
[40:51] | You are. I think part of you really wants to be the guy who kills me. | 你是的 我觉得你有一部分 实际上很想成为杀死我的那个人 |
[41:10] | I just shot someone. | 我开枪打了一个人 |
[41:12] | It’s over here. | 在那里 |
[41:14] | It’s Courtney. | 是Courtney |
[41:15] | Denny Crane | Denny Crane. |
[41:17] | Everything’s gonna be all right. | 一切都会没事的 |
[41:20] | Denny Crane | Denny Crane. |
[41:22] | Call 911. | 拨911 |
[41:24] | Denny Crane – Denny Crane. – Crane, what’s going on? | Crane 怎么了? |
[41:25] | Who is that? Get out of the way. | 是谁?别挡道 |
[41:27] | Denny Crane | Denny Crane. |
[41:28] | Sir, sir, who are you? | 先生 先生 你是谁? |
[41:34] | No, he’s still breathing. | 不 他还有呼吸 |