Skip to content

英美剧电影台词站

波士顿法律(Boston Legal)第2季第25集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Posted on July 8, 2024 By taiciben_script_user No Comments on 波士顿法律(Boston Legal)第2季第25集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
时间 英文 中文
[00:02] Previously on ‘Boston legal’
[00:03] You gave me the Crane legacy. 你赐予我Crane这个姓氏
[00:05] And I fully plan on living up to it. 而我准备将其发扬光大
[00:07] He’s not my son. 他不是我的儿子
[00:08] Obviously he doesn’t know. 很明显他不知道
[00:10] You’re not my father? 你不是我父亲?
[00:12] I’m not terribly comfortable with you working closely with this woman. 我对你和这个女人工作时那么亲密感到不适
[00:14] You and I are in a relationship, Alan. 我们在谈恋爱Alan
[00:16] The fact that you don’t realize it doesn’t give you license to be unfaithful. 你没意识到不代表你可以不忠诚
[00:19] You’re mad as a hatter. 你和一个hatter一样疯 (hatter指英国卢顿以及 斯托克港足球俱乐部的球迷)
[00:20] Donny Crane. You remember me. Donny Crane 你记得我吧
[00:22] We used to be father and son. 我们曾经是父子
[00:24] I may not have been around much, 我也许经常不在你身边
[00:25] but I was always there when you needed me. 但是你需要我的时候我总是在
[00:28] Still I am. 现在仍是这样
[00:37] I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America 我宣誓效忠美利坚合众国国旗
[00:43] and to the Republic for which it stands, 及其它所象征的共和国
[00:47] one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. 上帝庇佑下的国家不可分割 自由平等与我们同在
[00:56] Well, Denny, that was refreshing and patriotic. What gives? Denny 这真是振奋人心的爱国方式 谁提出的?
[01:01] I, Denny Crane, 我 Denny Crane
[01:02] am going to court to represent the United States of America. 我准备在庭上代表美国
[01:06] And what has our country done to deserve you? 我们国家做了什么让你这么干?
[01:09] US attorney and the DOJ had to recuse themselves, 美国检察官 和司法部必须回避此案 (被告方为美国 涉及利益冲突 因此采取回避制度)
[01:12] so Alberto appointed me to carry the ball for team USA. 所以Alberto委托我代表美国出战 (Alberto Gonzales为美国司法部长)
[01:16] The greatest lawyer in the world representing the greatest country in the world, 世界上最伟大的律师 代表世界上最伟大的国家
[01:18] a match made in heaven. 天作之合
[01:21] Did you know about this? 你知道这件事吗?
[01:22] I did not. 一点不知情
[01:23] Where’s a sitter when you need one? 需要为他配个保姆的时候却偏偏找不着
[01:28] And we’re back in court on the Arrow lake water case. 我们明天早上需要回法庭参与箭湖一案
[01:31] Opposing counsel is relentless. Yet another evidentiary hearing. 对方律师是个强硬派 因此有另一场证据听证会
[01:35] Denise, per your status report, Denise 至于你的工作汇报
[01:37] you had your mandatory settlement conference with datemistake. com last week. 你上个星期和datemistake.com 有一个强制协商会议吧
[01:42] Datemistake.com? Datemistake. com?
[01:43] It’s an internet site where women can vent their ill feelings about 是一个网站 女性可以在上面 抱怨她们的约会对象
[01:46] the men they’ve dated as a warning to other women. 以对其他女性做出一个警示
[01:49] Our client Derek Roth has been defamed by them. 我们的委托人被它所诽谤了
[01:52] Oh, I’m sorry. 噢 很抱歉
[01:53] I, um, you were just a little in my space. 我 呃 你占用了我一点点地方
[01:57] Yes, Shirley, did reach a settlement. 是的Shirley 我们达成了一个协议
[01:59] As for Denny, the judge denied the government’s motion to dismiss. 至于Denny 法官刚否决了 政府提出的撤销案件动议
[02:03] So the spectacle of Denny Crane 因此Denny Crane代表美国政府
[02:06] representing the United States will continue to play out in federal court, 的奇观将继续在联邦法院上演
[02:10] God save us all. 上帝拯救我们吧
[02:11] What judge did Denny get? Denny面对的是哪个法官?
[02:13] Judge Kimberly Ohlund. Kimberly Ohlund法官
[02:15] I used to clerk for her. 我过去为她做助手
[02:17] Her current clerk Dan Jinks and I play squash. 她现在的助手是Dan Jinks而我和他有过段情
[02:19] I’m e-mailing Dan now. 我现在发e-mail给他
[02:21] He’ll give me everything from the judge’s political leanings to her basal temperature after breakfast. 他会给我一切资料 从她的政治倾向到她吃完早餐的基础体温
[02:25] Thank you, Marlene. 谢谢你 Marlene
[02:27] Sorry I’m late, but as usual, I’m really only here for the fruit. 抱歉我迟到了 但是像往常一样 我只是来这拿水果的
[02:35] Something new. 有新鲜的味道
[02:37] Alan, Marlene Stanger. Marlene, Alan Shore. Alan 这是Marlene Stanger Marlene 这是Alan Shore
[02:39] A pleasure, Ms. Stanger. 很高兴认识你Stanger小姐
[02:41] Mr. Shore. Shore先生
[02:46] Marlene comes to us from Howard and Brock. Marlene从Howard and Brock 公司跳槽来我们这里
[02:49] Your name came up frequently at my old firm. 在我原来的公司经常可以听到你的名字
[02:51] I hope amid a torrent of obscenities. 我希望是在激情迸发的呻吟声中
[02:54] Always. 总是
[02:55] Good. 很好
[03:04] I look forward to working with you, Ms. Stanger. 期待着和你一起工作Stanger小姐
[03:07] It’s not often you meet someone with such ocular precision. 不是经常可以遇见一个 能够和你对视那么久的人
[03:55] Why won’t you try this case with me? 为什么不和我一起做这个案子?
[03:57] Personal reasons. 个人原因
[03:58] It’s because you’re red. 因为你是红色美国人 (红色代表保守主义 只关注本国 蓝色代表自由主义 关心国际事务)
[03:59] That’s the old red, not the new red, which is the opposite of blue. That’s good. 是老派红色 不是反对蓝色的新红色 蓝色很好
[04:03] It’s the old red. That’s bad and pink. 老派的红色 又坏颜色又淡
[04:05] Regardless of my pigmentation, I promised I’d sit with you. 请无视我的色素 我答应我会坐在你身边
[04:08] That’s the best I can do. 我只能做到这一步了
[04:09] Denny Crane doesn’t need any sitters. Denny Crane不需要保姆 (sitter另一意为坐着的人)
[04:11] What are these “personal reasons” anyway? 你所谓的”个人原因”到底是什么?
[04:13] It’s the global gag rule. 全球计划生育遏制政策(遏制政策禁止接受 美国援助的组织把美国的援助 用于通过堕胎而进行计划生育)
[04:14] Nonsense. 这是废话
[04:15] Gags are dangerous, locally or globally. 遏制政策是危险的 无论是在本国还是全球
[04:18] You don’t even know what the global gag rule is, do you? 你根本不知道它说的是什么 对吧?
[04:21] I can tell you. 我可以告诉你
[04:23] The global gag rule forces other countries where abortion is perfectly legal 全球计划生育遏制政策 强迫法律允许堕胎的国家
[04:28] to stop performing them or even uttering the word “abortion,” 禁止堕胎行为甚至禁止讨论堕胎这个词
[04:31] otherwise, the United states cuts off their funding. 否则 美国就中止对他们的援助
[04:34] Donny Donny.
[04:35] Denny Denny.
[04:36] Alan Alan.
[04:38] Donny Donny.
[04:41] What are you doing here? 你在这里干吗?
[04:43] I’m with lawyers without borders. 我是一个无国界律师
[04:44] They heard you were brought in after the judge denied the government’s motion to dismiss. 听说法官否决了政府的撤销动议后 他们就把你找来了
[04:48] Liberal pinko. 我是左倾的自由主义者
[04:49] Please rise. 请起立
[04:50] The honorable Kimberly Ohlund presiding. 尊敬的Kimberly Ohlund法官将主持这场审判
[04:52] Denny Crane for the United states of America, your honor. Denny Crane代表美国出庭 法官阁下
[04:55] Donny Crane for the plaintiff Kavita Pokharel. Donny Crane代表原告Kavita Pokharel
[04:58] I take it you two know each other. 看来你们互相认识
[04:59] He’s not my father. 他不是我父亲
[05:01] He’s like a son. 他就像我儿子
[05:03] This will be a delight. 看来将会很有趣
[05:22] I can’t believe the squid is working here now. 我不敢相信那个乌贼居然来了我们公司
[05:26] The squid? 乌贼?
[05:30] In old mythology, they say the squid is the only animal that can kill a shark. 在古老的神话中 据说乌贼是唯一能够杀死鲨鱼的动物
[05:35] I used to work with her at Howard and Brock. 我以前在Howard and Brock和她共事
[05:37] And like the mysterious giant squid, 就像那种神秘的大乌贼
[05:39] the only evidence of her existence were the whopping sucker marks left on her victims. 唯一能够证明她的存在的 就是受害者身上巨大的吸盘痕迹
[05:48] I take it you didn’t get along. 我想你们相处的并不好
[05:51] You don’t get along with the squid. 你不可能和乌贼友好相处的
[05:53] She used to tap into the computer network, steal everyone’s research memos 她过去常侵入电脑网络 盗取每个人的研究资料
[05:57] and then claim them as her own. 然后据为己有
[05:59] Why the hell did we hire her? 到底为什么我们要雇用她?
[06:00] Beats me. 我也想知道
[06:03] I only hope she doesn’t get my Alan. 我只是希望她不要看上我的Alan
[06:12] I was pregnant with my second child. 我当时怀着我的第二个孩子
[06:20] When I went into labor, my husband took me to the district clinic in Khotang. 当我就要分娩时 我的丈夫把我送到了Khotang的地区诊所
[06:25] This is in Nepal. 在尼泊尔
[06:26] Objection. 反对
[06:27] The witness isn’t speaking English. 证人不能够说英语
[06:30] We’re aware of that, Mr. Crane. She’s being translated. 我们知道这点Crane先生 我们有翻译在场
[06:33] Is that legal? 这样合法吗?
[06:34] Shocking, isn’t it? 很吃惊 是吧?
[06:38] Continue. 继续
[06:45] It was the same clinic where I had my first child, 我第一次分娩就是在这家诊所里
[06:48] only this time, the doctor was gone. 只是这次 医生不见了
[06:57] The medical assistant said I had an obstetric fistula, 医生助手告诉我 我有阴道瘘管
[07:00] and I needed a Cesarean section. 我需要做剖腹产
[07:07] But because they had no equipment or medicine or a physician, 但是因为他们那里既没有设备和药物 也没有医生
[07:12] they said there was nothing they could do. 因此他们无能为力
[07:20] I began to hemorrhage. 我开始出血
[07:22] I almost bled to death, and my baby boy died. 我几乎因为失血过多而死去 而我的孩子死了
[07:29] I’m not the only one. Thousands are dying. 我不是唯一一个遇到这种情况的人 数千人因此而死去
[07:33] Why weren’t there any supplies? 为什么他们没有任何必要的物资?
[07:41] They told me the United states had taken away all the clinic’s funding. 他们告诉我 美国中止了对诊所的援助
[07:47] Edward Broden Edward Broden.
[07:48] And the man responsible for making that decision was Mr. Edward Broden. 而作出这个决定的人 就是Edward Broden先生
[07:53] That man? 那个人?
[07:57] Yes. 是的
[07:59] I was a physician in Khotang from 2001 until last October. 我从2001年开始就是Khotang地区 的一个医生 直到去年十月份
[08:05] Our clinic had been funded primarily by the United states. 我们诊所主要由美国援助
[08:10] Notice he didn’t say thank you. 注意到没有 他都没说一声谢谢
[08:12] He’s got a lot on his mind, Denny. 他在内心里感谢了无数次Denny
[08:14] And, Dr. Patel, did your clinic perform abortions? 那么Patel医生 你们的诊所提供堕胎服务吗?
[08:18] No. Even though it is legal in Nepal, 不 即使那在尼泊尔是合法的
[08:20] our clinic made the decision not to in order to receive US funding. 为了获得美国的援助 我们诊所决定不提供那种服务
[08:26] However, we hung up a poster that said, 但是 我们贴了一张海报 上面说
[08:29] “we believe that a woman has a right to control her own body”. “我们相信 女性有权力控制她们自己的身体”
[08:33] The poster was meant to promote women’s rights 这个海报的意图是要宣传女性的权利
[08:37] and to prevent rape as well as spousal abuse. 和谴责强奸及婚内暴力
[08:40] But the US aid representative Mr. Broden felt the poster was pro-abortion. 但是美国援助计划负责人Broden先生 觉得这是在支持人工流产
[08:47] And that was that. 因此就变成那样
[08:48] We lost all of our funding. 我们失去了所有的援助
[08:55] You’re looking thin. You should eat more. 你看上去很瘦 你应该多吃点
[08:58] Some of us don’t have fancy expense accounts to pay for our meals, hmm? 我们当中有人没有 巨额资金账户来为美餐买单
[09:00] You should get one. They’re awesome. 那你应该弄一个 它们实在是很好用
[09:02] Mr. Crane… Crane先生…
[09:05] Yes, yes, yes, yes. 是的 是的 是的是的
[09:07] Doctor, um… 这位医生 呃…
[09:09] Patel Patel.
[09:10] I have in hand here… 我手中有…
[09:13] a copy of the rules that clinics must follow in order to get US aid. 一份想要获取美国援助的诊所 必须遵守的规章制度手册
[09:18] You, you’ve seen this manual? 你 你看过这个手册吗?
[09:20] Yes, I have. But the rules in it are so vague. 是的 我看过 但是里面的规定很模糊
[09:24] They’re left to the interpretation of the US aid representative. 全凭美国援助计划的负责人解释
[09:28] And that representative is hired by an appointee 而这个负责人是由
[09:31] of the president of the United states, is that correct? 美国总统任命的 是这样吗?
[09:33] Yes. 是的
[09:33] So, doctor, in your expert opinion as a physician, 那么 医生 用一个医生的专业观点告诉我
[09:36] who the hell are you to question the president of the United states? 你凭什么可以质疑美国总统?
[09:39] Objection. Badgering. 反对 这是诱导
[09:40] Sustained. 反对有效
[09:42] You know the president is against abortion. 你知道总统是反对堕胎的
[09:45] So in following the rules, it would seem that you would err on the side of caution, 那么遵照这些规定 你理所应该慎之又慎
[09:49] but you didn’t. You put up an inflammatory poster. 但是你没有 你贴出了一个有煽动性的海报
[09:52] We didn’t feel it was inflammatory to protect the rights of women. 我们并不觉得保护女性权利具有煽动性
[09:56] Well, it got me mad. 好吧 这让我很不爽
[09:58] You have other clinics that get our money, right? 你还有其他诊所在接受美国的援助 对吧?
[10:00] Yes. 是的
[10:00] Ones who are able to follow the rules? 那些诊所都能够遵守这些规定?
[10:02] Athe point is, Mr. Crane, 问题在于 Crane先生
[10:04] while you allow abortion in your country, 你们国内允许堕胎
[10:08] you are trying to deny it to the rest of the world. 但是却不允许世界上其他国家那么做
[10:10] The people of this country never decided on abortion. 这个国家的人们从来没有赞成过堕胎
[10:12] The elected officials never voted on it. 官员们也没有投过赞成票
[10:15] It was nine justices of the supreme court, and people are still angry about it. 这只不过是最高法院的九位法官的决定 而我们还在为此生气
[10:18] Objection, he’s not asking a question. He’s debating. 反对 他不是在提问 是在发牢骚
[10:21] – What are you talking about? – The reason why… – 你在说什么? – 最高法院作出这个决定…
[10:23] – I am not… – the supreme court exists… – 我才不是… – 的原因是…
[10:24] is to protect people from their own mob mentality, 为了保护人们不受由这个问题引发的
[10:27] – which this issue triggers. – I, I disagree. Objection. I disagree. – 强势文化的侵害 – 我 我不同意 反对 我不同意
[10:29] – Fine. Objection right back at you. – I, I object to your objections. – 那好 我也反对你 – 我 我反对你的反对
[10:31] Both objections are sustained. Move on. 两方的反对都有效 继续
[10:38] So doctor, uh… 那么 这位医生 呃…
[10:42] Patel Patel.
[10:43] If you want American money, 如果你要获得美国的援助
[10:45] don’t kill babies. 就别杀掉婴儿(不要支持堕胎)
[10:49] She wasn’t trying to. 她并没有打算这样做
[11:01] This is so disrespectful. 这真是无礼
[11:02] You don’t come home to papa by suing his government. 你怎么可以起诉你老爹的政府
[11:05] You’re not my papa. 你不是我老爹
[11:07] Your sperm never touched my egg, and someone has to sue the government. 你的精子从来没有碰到过我的卵细胞 而且必须有人来起诉政府
[11:11] Look, our policy denies thousands of people 要知道 我们的政策使得数千人失去了
[11:14] lifesaving medical care based on the personal 它们的生命医疗保障 而这仅仅是因为
[11:16] religious views of our leader. 它违背了我们领袖的宗教观点
[11:19] Nothing says democracy like imperialism. 没有理由民主就等同于专制
[11:21] Why can’t you come to town for once and we just toss the pigskin around? 为什么你就不能够只是回来和我聚一聚?
[11:25] That’s American. 这才是美国人啊
[11:27] Dinner? 一起吃晚饭?
[11:29] 8 o’clock. 8点
[11:30] Denny Crane Denny Crane.
[11:32] Donny Crane Donny Crane.
[11:34] Donny Crane Donny Crane.
[11:48] We had this settled. 我们已经协商过了
[11:50] Upon further review of the agreement, Mr. Roth didn’t approve. 在详细地审视了这份协议后 Roth先生不太满意
[11:53] I don’t know what game you’re playing here, 我不知道你想玩什么花样
[11:55] but you’re not getting another dime from us. 但是你不会从我们这里得到更多的东西了
[11:56] Please don’t address my client directly. 请别直接和我的委托人说话
[11:59] Talk to me. 有话和我说
[12:03] Your client should know that our original offer was more than generous. 你的委托人应该知道我们原来提出的方案 已经是够慷慨的了
[12:08] That’s not the way I see it. 我可不这么认为
[12:10] 13 months ago, Derek went out on a few dates with one Monique Foster, 13 个月之前Derek 和一位 Monique Foster小姐约会了几次
[12:14] otherwise known at your web site, datemistake. com, as anonymous. 也就是你的网站datemistake.com 上面的那位无名氏
[12:17] Things didn’t work out and he broke up with her. 可是进展不顺利 于是他和她分手了
[12:18] A few months later, he met someone else, fell in love and got engaged. 几个月之后 他遇到了 另一个令他倾心的女性并且订了婚
[12:21] Things looked rosy. 听起来很浪漫
[12:23] Yeah, until anonymous found datemistake. com 是的 直到无名氏发现了 datemistake.com这个网站
[12:25] and started posting all these lies about me. 然后在上面发贴子污蔑我
[12:27] His fiancee found him prominently displayed on the site and broke up with Derek two days later. 他的未婚妻在网站显眼的地方发现了 他的名字 二天后就和他分手了
[12:31] We all know what happened, Ms. Stanger. We reached the original settlement. 我们知道发生了什么Stanger小姐 我们在之前也达成了协议
[12:34] What we didn’t know was the rest of the story. 可是我们不知道还有下文
[12:36] Now anytime someone tries to google my name or my company, “Roth’s plumbing supply,” 现在如果有人在google里输入我的名字 或者我的公司”Roth’s铅管供应商”
[12:40] instead of finding my web site, yours is the first site that comes up. 出现在搜索首位的不是我的网站 而是你们的
[12:44] My sales have dropped 40% since this posting. 我的销售额自从这个事件后下跌了40%
[12:46] You could’ve posted a rebuttal, responded to anonymous’ opinions of you. 你可以对此作出辩驳 用同样匿名的方式来表达你的观点
[12:50] But why should I have to? 但是为什么我要这么做?
[12:52] You destroy my client’s reputation, his business, 你毁坏了我委托人的名声和生意
[12:54] you humiliate him in public, then force him to fix the damages that you’ve caused. 你当众侮辱他 迫使他收拾你所留下的残局
[12:59] That’s lika glass company throwing rocks through your window then saying, 这就像玻璃公司向你的窗户 丢一块石头然后说
[13:01] “hey, need to buy a new window?” “嗨 需要再买一块新玻璃窗吗?”
[13:04] Hey. 嗨
[13:06] Nancy Nancy.
[13:07] Derek Derek.
[13:08] Denise, right. You know everyone. Denise 很好 你都认识
[13:10] I do. 我当然认识
[13:12] May I see you? 我能和你谈一下吗?
[13:14] Of course. 当然
[13:21] What the hell are you doing with my client? 你到底和我的委托人在干什么?
[13:25] Well, Denise, uh, Denise 呃
[13:26] I was looking over some of your settlement agreements, 我之前看了看你的协商条款
[13:29] just to see how things worked around here. 只是想看看这里的做事方式
[13:30] Some firms are quite formal and sticklers for grammar and language. 因为有些公司对格式和文法很讲究
[13:34] I see around here anything goes, which is fine, I just needed to know. 我观察了一下这里的运作 很好 我只是想要了解一下
[13:37] What are you doing with my client? 你和我的委托人在一起干什么?
[13:40] I looked at the settlement figure you had. 我看了看你起草的那份协议
[13:42] I thought we could do better. 我想我们可以做得更好
[13:44] I saw Denny was the assigned partner in the case… 这时我看见Denny是主管这个案子的合伙人…
[13:46] You, you went to Denny behind my back to steal my case? 你 你背着我 跑到Denny那里去偷了我的案子?
[13:49] Oh, no, no. God, no. 噢 不是 不是的 上帝 不是这样
[13:50] I just told him my thoughts. 我只是告诉他我的想法
[13:52] He was very encouraging and told me to go for it. 他非常高兴 然后鼓励我去做
[13:54] So I held the documents from being published, made a few calls, 因此我收回了这份还没签署的文件 打了几个电话
[13:57] and well, here we are. 然后 我们就在这里了
[13:58] Our client is really, really happy and I think we can ring these people up for some big bucks. 我们的委托人真的非常高兴 而我想我们可以为他们争取到更多的钱
[14:01] There’s only one problem with that, Marlene. 只存在一个问题Marlene
[14:03] Derek in there doesn’t have a case. 那里坐着的Derek并没有起诉的理由
[14:05] The $10,000 settlement I got him was a gift from datemistake. com to make him go away. 我为他争取到的这1万美元的协议 是datemistake.com用来打发他的
[14:10] I think we could get more, and if you agree with me, 我想我们可以争取到更多 如果你同意我的意见的话
[14:13] I would love to share this case with you. 我愿意和你分享这个案子
[14:16] We’re leaving, as is our original offer. 我们走了 原协议作废
[14:20] They’ll be back. 他们会回来的
[15:00] She just went to Denny and stole my case. 她就这样跑到Denny那里去偷了我的案子
[15:03] Just stole it. 就这样偷了它
[15:05] Okay. 好了
[15:06] Did you know that at her old firm they called her “the squid”? 你知道她在她原来的公司被称作乌贼吗?
[15:10] The squid? 乌贼?
[15:14] The only thing that can kill a shark? 唯一能够杀死鲨鱼的东西?
[15:16] But what really gets me about these people 但是真正使我恼火的是那些
[15:19] is how they’re so obvious and manipulative. 容易被看透和被影响的人们
[15:22] And you’re trying to manipulate our friendship to get me to do something about this. 那你现在在试图向我 施加影响为此去做一些事情
[15:26] Yes. 是的
[15:27] After she stole my case, 在她偷了我的案子之后
[15:29] she had the nerve to tell me we could “share” it. 她居然还敢对我说要和我”分享”它
[15:32] Marlene is a first-rate lawyer. She brings in a lot of money. Marlene是一个优秀的律师 她能为公司赚很多钱
[15:35] She almost made partner at Howard and Brock. 她在Howard and Brock事务所 几乎当上了合伙人
[15:38] We recruited her with the understanding 我们雇用她是基于这样一个共识
[15:40] that if she does as well here as she did there, 如果她在这里能够 做得像在原来事务所那样好
[15:42] she would make partner in the next vote. 下次投票时她就可以成为合伙人
[15:45] And you’re okay with that? 而你对此感到没问题?
[15:46] I am, yeah. 我是的
[15:49] Look, Denise, you have a very bright future here but… 看 Denise 你在这里有着美好的未来 但是…
[15:54] let me put this as gently as I can. 让我尽量把话说婉转点
[15:59] Toughen up. 你要变得更强
[16:11] Are you seeing anyone? 你有在约会吗?
[16:13] Not really. You? 不算吧 你呢?
[16:15] I got married. 我结婚了
[16:17] Married? 结婚了?
[16:18] For a day. 维持了一天
[16:19] We tried to contact you for the wedding, but you were nowhere to be found. 我们试图请你来婚礼 但是我们找不到你
[16:25] Um, question. 呃 有个问题
[16:29] Do the girls actually talk? 这些女孩不说话吗?
[16:32] I’m not quite sure of the etiquette here. 我不肯定这是不是一种礼节
[16:34] I, I don’t think there’s a question of etiquette, son. 我 我不认为这是一个关于礼节的问题 孩子
[16:38] They’re escorts. 她们是装饰品
[16:41] So you like flying around the world, 那么你喜欢全世界到处飞
[16:43] picking up strangers, bringing them to our courts? 挑选陌生人 然后带他们回来打官司?
[16:46] It isn’t a matter of liking. 这不是喜欢不喜欢的问题
[16:48] I’m trying to make people understand. 我在试图使人们明白
[16:50] All these clinics forced to close their doors 仅仅是因为我们总统的几个字
[16:53] by the simple stroke of the pen of our president. 所有这些诊所就被强迫关门
[16:56] Now here we are in Boston 现在我们在波士顿
[16:58] where there are eight world-class hospitals within a 10-mile radius. 这儿10英里的半径内 就有着8间世界顶级的医院
[17:02] We don’t see it. 我们看不到这些情况
[17:04] I’m hoping Kavita will help us see it. 我希望Kavita能够让我们对此有所了解
[17:06] Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. 噢 噢 噢 噢 噢 噢
[17:08] I got the picture now. 我知道了
[17:10] This is all about beating your old man, isn’t it, son? 归根到底就是为了打败你的老爸 对吧 孩子?
[17:15] For once, this isn’t about you. 曾经是 但是这次不是
[17:17] Then you won’t mind losing. 那你就不会介意你会输掉了
[17:19] I’ve got the law on my side. 法律站在我这边
[17:22] Plus, the United states government and Denny Crane. 此外 美国政府和Denny Crane
[17:26] Two equal and unstoppable forces. 两个同样强大和无法阻止的存在
[17:29] And I’ve got a sympathetic judge 但是我有一个充满同情心的法官
[17:32] and an honest woman who lost her child. 还有一个失去了孩子的诚实的母亲
[17:36] You always taught me, emotion wins. 你总是教我 感情制胜
[17:41] Isn’t he something? 他了不起吧?
[17:55] We’re late. 我们要迟到了
[17:56] You’re late. 你要迟到了
[17:57] I’m not going. 我不去了
[17:59] That time of the month? 你那个来了?
[18:00] Come on. 别这样
[18:02] We’re having fun. 我们会玩得很开心的
[18:04] You’re having fun, 是你会很开心
[18:06] sweeping into court trying a monumental case 横扫法庭 打一场不朽的官司
[18:10] about which there is much to be thoughtful, much to articulate, 一场发人深省的 字字属实的官司
[18:13] about which you know almost nothing. 一场你几乎是一无所知的官司
[18:16] And you’re using nothing 一场你用轻松的笑话 名贵的西装
[18:17] but easy jokes, a swell suit and blind patriotism. 和盲目的爱国心就打发掉的官司
[18:21] You’re jealous of my son. 你在嫉妒我的孩子
[18:23] Denny, you don’t have a son, and the truth is, Denny 你没有孩子 而事实上
[18:26] you’re making a complete ass out of yourself in that courtroom about something you shouldn’t. 你在庭上像个傻瓜出尽了洋相 而这些错你不应该犯的
[18:31] I don’t care to see it or support it. 我不想看见或者忍受这些了
[18:33] There’s a difference between being an ass and being effective. 傻瓜和装傻是有分别的
[18:35] When you win, they say you’re effective. When you lose, which I never do, 当你赢了 他们会说你这招很有效 当你输了 当然我从不会输
[18:39] they call you an ass. 你们会叫你傻瓜
[18:43] I don’t need you, Alan. 我不需要你Alan
[18:46] I don’t need anybody. 我不需要任何人
[18:49] Never have. 从来不
[18:51] Never will. 永远不
[19:02] I was in charge of the US aid office in the Northeastern region of Nepal. 我负责尼泊尔东北部地区的美国援助工作
[19:07] Part of my job was to enforce the rules of the Mexico city policy. 我的工作之一就是贯彻墨西哥城政策
[19:11] What policy? 什么政策?
[19:13] Everything comes with rice and beans. 所有事情都和大米大豆有关
[19:15] No, the name of the policy in question is the Mexico city policy. 不 这个政策的名字叫做墨西哥城政策
[19:20] But opponents erroneously refer to it as the global gag rule. 但是对方把它谬称为全球计划生育遏制政策
[19:25] All right. So what are we doing in Mexico? 好吧 我们在墨西哥做了什么?
[19:27] That’s where president Reagan first enacted the policy in 1984. 那里是里根总统于1984年 首次颁布这个政策的地方
[19:31] It was enacted as a reaction to forced abortions 这个政策是对中国将强制堕胎作为
[19:34] in China as a means of population control. 计划生育手段的一种遏制
[19:36] Chinese, Mexican, anybody hungry? 中国人 墨西哥人 有人饿了吗?
[19:39] Objection. 反对
[19:40] Sustained. 反对有效
[19:41] All right, let’s get back to America. 好吧 让我们回到美国
[19:43] Are you saying that these policies were enacted as a humanitarian gesture? 你是说我们是站在人道主义 的立场上颁布这项政策的?
[19:47] Yes, it was. 是的 当时是
[19:48] And is it in the United states’ discretion to decide which clinics get funding? 那是不是由美国来判断 哪些诊所可以得到援助?
[19:54] As a part of our governmental function, yes. 作为政府行为的一部分 是的
[19:57] Determining funding is a purely governmental function. 决定采取援助是一项纯粹的政府行为
[20:02] And, uh, governments are immune under the, uh… 而且 呃 政府具有豁免权 根据 呃…
[20:09] under the, uh… 根据 呃…
[20:15] federal tort claims act. 联邦侵权赔偿法
[20:18] Right. 没错
[20:21] Therefore… 因此…
[20:25] you will move for dismissal, and I will again deny the motion. 你会要求撤销此案 而我将会继续否决你的要求
[20:29] Move on. 继续
[20:33] Nothing further, your honor. 我问完了 法官阁下
[20:47] You, uh, you say this was done as a humanitarian effort. 你 呃 你说这是基于人道主义的立场
[20:51] However, the rule was instituted by president Reagan, 但是 这个政策是由里根总统提出
[20:55] continued under the first president Bush, 在老布什总统执政时期得以保留
[20:57] then rescinded during the Clinton administration. 然后在克林顿总统任期间被废除
[21:01] That’s true. 是的
[21:02] And the day George W. Bush took office, 当小布什总统上台后
[21:04] reinstating the global gag rule was one of his first official pieces of business. 恢复全球计划生育遏制政策 成为了他首要事务之一
[21:10] That sounds political to me. 这对我来说更像政治立场
[21:12] Objection, uh… 反对 呃…
[21:13] Sustained. 反对有效
[21:14] So the policy was designed to stop abortion as a method of family planning? 那么这个政策阻止的是 因为强制计划生育而堕胎的情况?
[21:21] Yes. 是的
[21:22] Even though, by withdrawing funding from those clinics, 即便如此 通过中断对这些诊所的援助
[21:25] they no longer have money for any family planning, 他们是否也不再有能力 来实施任何的家庭计划生育
[21:28] which could stop unwanted pregnancies and the need for abortions? 例如中止意外怀孕或者孕妇本身要求流产?
[21:33] Mr. Broden, you’re not the only US aid representative Broden先生 你不是唯一的一个面对这种
[21:36] that has to deal with this issue, are you? 困境的美国援助计划代表 对吗?
[21:38] No, I’m not. 是的 我不是
[21:39] The truth is that our global gag rule is affecting, well… 事实上 我们的全球计划生育遏制政策正在影响…
[21:44] the globe. 全球
[21:46] The Balkans, Africa, South America, Asia, 巴尔干半岛 非洲 南美 亚洲
[21:49] any place dependant on US funding is not allowed to even utter the word “abortion”. 任何依靠美国援助的地方 都甚至不允许提及”堕胎”这个词
[21:56] Yes, that’s true. 是的 这是事实
[21:57] So don’t you think it’s curious 我们的政府出台阻止堕胎这种政策
[21:59] that in our administration’s quest to stop abortion, 实际上我们是在限制言论自由 而言论自由这恰恰是民主的特征
[22:02] we’re actually restricting free speech, which is a hallmark of democracy? 那么你不认为我们这样很奇怪么?
[22:07] Objection. Irrelevant and unpatriotic. 反对 无关而且不爱国
[22:10] Sustained. 反对有效
[22:42] Datemistake.com. Datemistake. com.
[22:44] Thank goodness technology has progressed to the point 谢天谢地 科技终于发展到这个程度
[22:48] where we no longer have to deal with our issues privately. 我们不再需要自己隐秘地处理自己的事务了
[22:53] So any of my misadventures chronicled in there? 上面有关于我的流言蜚语么?
[22:58] No. 没有
[23:00] Surprised? 很惊讶?
[23:01] A little. 一点点
[23:03] As to the fact that you checked on me, no. 而对于你会在上面调查我的事 我不吃惊
[23:16] Just so you know, that little incident would be considered sexual harassment. 你要知道 你刚才的话可以被认为是性骚扰
[23:20] You’re quite intoxicating. Oops. 你真迷人 哇
[23:23] Did it again. 再说一次
[23:25] But you won’t report me to the bosses. 但是你不会向老板们投诉我的
[23:28] Why not? 为什么不?
[23:30] Marlene… Marlene…
[23:31] while I haven’t known you long, 虽然我认识你时间不长
[23:33] I get the feeling your best work is done behind your colleague’s back. 我可以感觉的到 你最拿手的就是背着同事做事
[23:36] If you were to report me, you certainly wouldn’t have warned me first. 如果你真的要投诉我 你肯定不会先警告我
[23:39] And besides, what you’d really like to do is wrap your legs around me 此外 你真正想做的是 用你的腿缠绕着我
[23:42] and scream at the top of your lungs. 用尽全力尖叫
[23:44] You’re allowed one, aren’t you? 你想来一次 是吗?
[23:47] Excuse me? 你说什么?
[23:53] How about I just clear everything off this desk? 不如我直接把台面清空?
[23:56] We can take care of things right now, 我们可以就地解决一下
[23:59] then afterwards, you can write me up and send me on my way. 在那之后 你可以写报告投诉我
[24:03] You’re repulsive. 你真令人厌恶
[24:05] You’re right. 你说的对
[24:06] And yet I can see in your eyes you’re not completely repulsed. 但是我从你的眼里看到 你并不是对此完全感到厌恶
[24:11] And therein lies the rub. 而这就是麻烦所在
[24:37] You can’t hold someone liable for expressing an opinion. 你不能因为某人发表言论而让其负上责任
[24:39] And besides, truth is a defense. 而且 事实胜于雄辩
[24:41] There are no objectively false facts here. 我们这儿并没有任何客观上的错误内容
[24:43] Oh, you gotta be kidding me. 噢 你是在说笑吗
[24:45] Anonymous called me cheap. 那个无名氏说我很吝啬
[24:47] Where did you take anonymous to dinner? 你带她去哪里吃晚饭?
[24:49] Jimmy Changas Jimmy Changas.
[24:50] And is it true that you used a coupon? 你是否真的用了优惠券?
[24:53] Uh, that’s not cheap. That’s smart. 呃 这不是吝啬 这是聪明
[24:55] And did you pay? 你付帐了吗?
[24:57] Yes, I did. 是的
[24:58] And did she pay, too? 她也付帐了吗?
[25:00] Yes. 是的
[25:01] He treated her as an equal, 他平等地对待她
[25:03] which only proves he’s a feminist as well as resourceful. 只能说明他是一个足智多谋的女权主义者
[25:06] Anonymous didn’t post that on there. 而那个无名氏没有把这点说清楚
[25:08] Yeah, and she says I have no sense of humor. 是啊 而且她说我没有幽默感
[25:10] I make jokes all the time. 我经常说笑话
[25:12] Those aren’t jokes. Those are puns. Puns aren’t funny. 那些不是笑话 那些是双关语 双关语不好笑
[25:15] Well, that’s just your… 这只是你的…
[25:17] opunion, isn’t it? opunion(意见) 不是吗? (他把opinion(意见)和pun(双关语) 合在一起了)
[25:19] Oh, dear God. 噢 天啊
[25:21] Look, Denise, 你看 Denise
[25:23] we agreed to return to the table in good faith based on your reputation, 我们同意回到这里 是完全是看在你良好的名声的份上
[25:27] but you haven’t given us any reason to even go back to the original agreement. 但是你没有给我们任何能让我们 甚至是同意最初的协议的理由
[25:30] All of the facts are on our side. 所有的事实都站在我们这一边
[25:32] But we may have more plaintiffs on our side. 但是有更多的原告站在我们这一边
[25:34] With just a quick search on your web site, 在快速浏览了你们的网站后
[25:37] we have found ten men willing to come forward who were defamed with false statements. 我们发现10个男性愿意出来指控你们诽谤
[25:40] It’s a fact, not opinion. 这是事实 不是想法
[25:44] You never mentioned these men in your previous negotiations. 你上次并没有提过这些人
[25:48] We were just focusing on our client, and we were hoping you would be reasonable. 我们只是把注意力集中在我们的委托人身上 而我们曾希望你们会通情达理一点
[25:52] But you’re not being reasonable. 但是你没没有
[25:54] So we’re expanding this case to a class action suit. 所以我们只好把这个案子扩大为集体诉讼
[25:57] As to the facts… 至于诉讼内容…
[25:59] Brett Doran does not still live with his mother. Brett Doran不再和他母亲一起住了
[26:03] Jack Bostick does not have a 1-inch Johnson, even on a cold day. Jack Bostick的那话儿不止1英寸 就算是在冷天
[26:08] I could go on. 我还可以继续
[26:09] There are 300,000 more postings and plenty of eager associates to review them. 那儿还有超过30万张帖子 而我有很多热心的同事等着检查它们
[26:22] We’ll give you a chance to talk this over. Marlene. 我给你一个机会商量一下 Marlene
[26:34] You posted these complaints yourself, didn’t you? 这些帖子是你自己贴上去的 是吗?
[26:37] I’d have to be an idiot to do that. 我一定是个傻瓜才会那么做
[26:39] So you had someone else do it for you. A sister, a girlfriend? 所以你让别人帮你做 一个姐妹或者一个女朋友?
[26:43] Denise, while you were out on a date last night, Denise 当你昨晚出去约会的时候
[26:45] I was here until 3 o’clock in the morning hunting these guys down. 我在这儿呆到早上3点把这些人找出来
[26:48] All it took was some hard work and long hours, but I was willing to do it. 虽然是费时吃力的工作 但是我很乐意去做
[26:52] Now we can go to court. 现在我们有机会上庭了
[26:53] The reward is potentially bigger, but so are the risks. 回报将会很丰厚 但同时也有风险
[26:56] Or we can go back in there and get a bigger settlement than you originally negotiated. 或者我们可以回去谈判桌上 获得一份比你之前谈判得来的更好的协商
[26:59] Your call. 你决定
[27:03] I talk. 我来说
[27:05] You don’t say anything. 你不要说话
[27:11] So, had the chance to talk things over? 那么 你们商量好了吗?
[27:13] As a matter of fact, we have. 事实上 是的
[27:15] And? 那么?
[27:17] We don’t like the way you do business, Denise. 我们不喜欢你做事的方式Denise
[27:19] And I don’t like the way Ms. Moran does business. 我也不喜欢Moran小姐做生意的方式
[27:21] Your company trades on the misery and pettiness of others. 你的公司建立在别人的痛苦和不幸上
[27:24] Ms. Moran, there are two ways to make money in a business like this. Moran小姐 像你这样的生意有两种方式赚钱
[27:28] The first is the short-term cash you make 一种是在像我们这些人介入和
[27:30] before someone like us comes in and shuts you down with a major lawsuit. 用一场大官司让你倒闭之前赚点短钱
[27:34] The other is the real money that comes when you grow your business large enough 另一种方法就是当你的公司做得足够大时
[27:38] that one of the big media companies buys you out. 有一家大型传媒公司把你买下来 那你就真正赚到了钱
[27:41] But nobody’s going to buy a company 但是没有人会打算买下一间
[27:42] with a potentially huge class action lawsuit hanging over its head. 有随时有潜在的巨型官司风险的公司
[27:46] And that’s why you were willing to settle in the first place. 因此当初你会愿意首先提出协商解决
[27:51] $30,000 and this all goes away. 3万美元 我们就不再追究
[28:04] $20,000. 2万
[28:06] – $25,000. – Done. – 2万5 – 成交
[28:14] I’ll draw up the paperwork. 我来起草协议书
[28:27] You like hot fudge sundaes? 你喜欢热奶油巧克力圣代吗? (一种雪糕 没见过的去M记可以见到类似的)
[28:30] Ah, who knows what you like? 啊 谁知道你喜欢什么?
[28:32] You’re a weirdo. 你是个怪胎
[28:33] But my point is, people like hot fudge sundaes. 但是我要说的是 人们喜欢热奶油巧克力圣代
[28:36] Well, yesterday in court, I gave them a hot fudge sundae. 昨天在庭上 我给了所有人一个热奶油巧克力圣代
[28:41] I was brilliant. 我实在是光芒四射
[28:43] But after you’ve had a big, delicious hot fudge sundae, 但是当你吃过一个又大 又美味的热奶油巧克力圣代之后
[28:50] it’s awhile before you want another one. Are you with me so far? 你在短时间内不会再想吃另外一个了 你知道我在说什么么?
[28:53] Let’s say that I am. 我知道
[28:53] Great. I want you to do the closing argument. 很好 我要你做结案陈词
[28:56] I’m sorry? 你说什么?
[28:57] I gave the jury a great big Denny Crane sundae 我给了陪审团一份 超大型的Denny Crane圣代
[29:00] with chocolate sauce and nuts and a cherry on the top, and now they’re full. 顶部点缀着巧克力糖浆 果仁和樱桃 现在他们饱了
[29:07] I can’t stuff another one down their throats so soon. 我没办法这么快又给他们塞下另一个
[29:12] Denny, how’d it really go in court yesterday? Denny 昨天庭上到底怎么样了?
[29:14] Magnificent. 精彩绝伦
[29:15] That being said, if the jury heard from someone that wasn’t me, 这么说吧 如果陪审团听到除了我之外的其他人发言
[29:20] it might refocus them in a way that would guarantee victory. 那么我们就可以获得完全的胜利
[29:24] Not that victory is in doubt. 而不是侥幸的胜利
[29:26] I see. 我懂了
[29:28] Alan, I need to stay undefeated. Alan 我需要保持不败的战绩
[29:32] I don’t want to look like a fool in, in front of… 我不想看上去像个白痴 在别人面前…
[29:36] I need you to do this. 我要你做结案陈词
[29:41] Friend helping friend. 为朋友两肋插刀
[30:00] This case is not about abortion. 这个案子并不是关于堕胎的
[30:03] It isn’t about freedom of speech. 不是关于言论自由的
[30:05] It isn’t even about what foreign policy the United states chooses to conduct. 也不是关于美国采用哪种对外政策
[30:10] This case is about hypocrisy and the arrogance of power. 这个案子是关于伪善和恃强凌弱
[30:14] Now under the laws of the United states, abortion is legal. 在现在的美国法律中 堕胎是合法的
[30:19] But we tell other countries that if they want US aid, 但是我们告诉其他国家 如果他们需要美国的援助
[30:24] they cannot perform, encourage or even mention abortion. 他们不能实施 鼓励或者甚至是提起堕胎
[30:28] We look the world in the eye and say, “do as I say, not as I do”. 我们看着世界喊道”照我说的做 别照我做的做”
[30:36] It’s the very essence of hypocrisy. 这从根本上来说就是伪善
[30:39] So the clinic that Kavita Ookharel went to 因此Kavita Ookharel曾去的那家诊所
[30:43] had had its funding cut off by a US aid representative 被美国援助计划代表中止了支援
[30:46] who mistakenly believed that a poster in the clinic advocated abortion. 他错误地认为诊所的那幅海报鼓励堕胎
[30:52] She had been to the clinic before, and everything had been fine. 她曾经去过那家诊所就医 当时一切都很好
[30:55] She had the reasonable expectation that the clinic would continue to function. 她有理由期待这个诊所将会继续运作下去
[31:02] How could she, how could anyone be expected to know 然而她怎么能想到 任何一个人怎么能想到
[31:07] that United states policy is as changeable as the political winds? 美国政府的政策就像政治风向一样朝闻夕改?
[31:15] A political hack made a brutal, thoughtless decision that could not be appealed. 我们的政治代言人作出了一个 无法挽回的粗暴的未经思考的决定
[31:25] And Ms. Pokharel’s baby died. 然后Pokharel小姐的孩子死了
[31:28] At a time when we’re trying to spread democracy around the globe, 每次当我们尝试着将民主散布到全球时
[31:33] let us show the world that we are not hypocrites. 让我们向世界表明我们不是伪善者
[31:36] Let us show the world that 让我们向世界表明
[31:38] when the government of the Untied States makes a horrible, tragic mistake, 当美国政府犯了一个可怕的 可悲的错误时
[31:42] the courts of the United States will make that government pay for it. 美国的法庭会让它付出代价
[32:15] I’d like to begin with a cheer. 我想先从欢呼开始
[32:18] We’re number one. 我们是老大
[32:20] We’re number one. 我们是老大
[32:22] We’re number… 我们是…
[32:24] it’s not much of a cheer. 这并不是什么欢呼
[32:26] It’s repetitive and rhythmically uninteresting, 这只是反复地有节奏地无趣
[32:29] but it does succinctly apply to our country, 但是在我们国家这的确行得通
[32:31] and has for quite some time. 而且在很长一段时间内都是如此
[32:34] In fact, we’ve been number one so long 事实上 我们作为老大已经很久了
[32:36] that the rest of the world has come to rely on us. And we don’t let them down. 以至于其他国家都想要依靠我们 而我们不能让他们失望
[32:40] We’re the world’s largest donor of devopment assistance. 我们是世界发展援助计划最大的捐赠国
[32:44] All in all, as a nation, we donate over $55 billion a year in foreign aid. 总而言之 作为一个国家 我 们每年对外援助超过550亿
[32:51] Money, money, money, money, money, money, money, money. 钱 钱 钱 钱 钱 钱 钱 钱
[32:53] Everything is about money. 所有东西都和钱有关
[32:57] But we must never forget that there is a terrible human tragedy, 但是我们不要忘记在此当中
[33:04] the center of all this. 发生了一场人类的悲剧
[33:09] Ms. Pokharel lost her child. Pokharel小姐失去了她的孩子
[33:12] The loss of any child’s life is an incalculable horror. 失去任何孩子的生命都是难以估计的灾难
[33:19] It is for that reason 因此
[33:20] that I would ask you to award the plaintiff piles and piles of money. 我请求你们判给原告大叠大叠的钱
[33:27] After all, we have so much to give away. 反正 我们已经给出去那么多了
[33:31] Why not? 有何不可呢?
[33:33] Piles and piles. 大叠大叠的
[33:37] Thank you. 谢谢
[33:42] You know… 要知道…
[33:43] come to think of it, maybe we don’t have that much to give away, do we? 突然间想一想 也许我们没有那么多钱可以给出去 不是吗?
[33:48] Our national debt is now over $8 trillion. 我们国家的债务现在已经超过8万亿美元
[33:54] Eh, who cares? 呃 有谁会在乎呢?
[33:56] Give them piles anyway. What the hell? 尽管给他们就是了 管他呢?
[34:00] Never mind that we have 37 million people 更不用说我们国内有3千7百万人民
[34:03] living below the poverty line right here at home. 生活在贫困线之下
[34:06] What does it matter that our own literacy rate doesn’t even rank in the top 50 countries? 我们的良好教育率 甚至排不上前50名又有什关系呢?
[34:11] Just keep shelling out the foreign aid. 尽管继续海外援助好了
[34:14] Does it really bother anyone that we don’t have the resources to help the Katrina victims? 有谁会为我们没有足够的资源去帮助 卡特里娜灾民而受到困扰?(美国有数个州 在卡特里娜飓风的袭击下损失惨重)
[34:19] Of course not. What’s really important is, 当然没有 重要的是
[34:21] that the United States continue to be that big ATM machine to the world, 美国继续成为世界上最大的自动提款机
[34:27] doling out wads of cash to every country who wants it. 为每个需要的国家发放大量的现金援助
[34:30] Money, money, money, money, money, money, money. 钱 钱 钱 钱 钱 钱 钱 钱
[34:32] Never mind we don’t have it. 就算我们没有那么多
[34:33] These other nations, they’re entitled, aren’t they? 这些国家们 他们有权利获得援助 不是吗?
[34:35] Even the ones who vilify us for protecting their freedom, 就算是那些为了保护他们的自由 而诬蔑我们的国家也享有这种权利
[34:38] by the way, listening to plaintiff’s counsel, 另外 听了原告律师的辩诉
[34:41] I couldn’t help but concur, how horrible we Americans are. 我不禁地觉得我们美国人真是太坏了
[34:45] Okay, so we donate $55 billion a year in foreign aid. 好吧 我们每年对外援助550亿美元
[34:48] But then we impose certain conditions on those gifts. 但是我们在这些礼物上面附加了一点条件
[34:52] Imagine our awfulness. And here, my God, 想象一下这有多糟糕 然后这里的情形 我的天
[34:56] we promised money to a clinic so long as they promised not to promote abortion. 我们许诺诊所以援助 只要他们不提倡堕胎
[35:00] So they did. How dare we not give them the money just the same? 他们这样做了 我们怎么能够不遵守诺言呢?
[35:03] We should’ve given them that and then some. 我们应该继续援助他们 甚至更多
[35:05] We have a duty to provide these handouts. 我们有责任继续提供这些援助
[35:08] we have an absolute duty, 我们有着绝对的责任
[35:10] ’cause we are the United States of America. 因为我们是美国
[35:13] And these other nations, well, they’re entitled, 而这些国家 好吧 他们有这个权利
[35:16] whether they keep their promises or not. 不管他们有没有遵守承诺
[35:50] Our settlement check came in. 25 Gs. 我们的协议款收到了 2万5
[35:52] I’m just glad everything worked out. 我很开心事情圆满解决了
[35:54] Me, too. 我也是
[35:55] But for all the strum and drang, we really did make a pretty good team. 出了有点不和谐之外 我们的确是一个很好的团队
[35:59] I’m so glad we’re not like those women in the workplace 我真高兴你不像其他工作地方的女性一样
[36:01] who feel compelled to compete with every pair of legs in a skirt. 容不下任何一个同性同事
[36:04] You know, Marlene, 你要知道Marlene
[36:05] you are not gonna get very far at Crane, Poole & Schmidt 使用你在这个案子里这种孤注一掷的方式
[36:07] pulling the kind of crap you did with this case. 你不会在Crane, Poole & Schmidt 事务所里走得太远
[36:09] Denise, the only crap I pulled was to believe in this case and invest myself in it. Denise 我下的唯一赌注就是 我相信这个案子会有所作为
[36:13] That’s why we more than doubled our money. 正因如此我们获得了2倍的收益
[36:15] And I think that’s why they hired me at Crane, Poole & Schmidt. 而我想这就是Crane, Poole & Schmidt 事务所聘请我的原因
[36:19] Why did they hire you? 他们为什么聘请你?
[36:22] Anyway, see you later. 什么都好 呆会见
[36:27] Squid. 乌贼
[36:30] Has the jury reached a verdict? 陪审团达成一致意见了吗?
[36:32] We have, your honor. 是的 法官阁下
[36:33] How say you? 是什么?
[36:34] In the matter of Kavita Pokharel vs. the United States, 在Kavita Pokharel对美国一案
[36:39] we find in favor of… 我们裁决…
[36:42] the United States of America. 美国胜诉
[36:45] Thank you for your service. We’re adjourned. 谢谢你们的参与 休庭
[36:48] Still undefeated. 仍旧不败
[36:50] I think my closing made all the difference. 我想我的结案陈词是制胜的关键
[36:52] Denny, if I wrote it and delivered it, how did it become your closing? Denny 做结案陈词的是我 怎么变成你的了?
[36:55] My case, I’m the lead attorney and, of course, I’m… 我的案子 我是负责人 当然 我是…
[36:59] Yes, you are. 是的 你是
[37:00] the United States of America. 美国
[37:02] Of course, we’ll appeal. 当然 我们会上诉
[37:03] Of course, you’ll lose. 当然 你们依然会输
[37:06] Dinner, Denny? 晚餐 Denny?
[37:08] Delighted, Donny. 非常乐意 Donny
[37:18] Son, let me ask you something. 孩子 让我问你点东西
[37:22] These lost causes… 这种必输无疑的案子…
[37:25] why do you do it? 你为什么要接?
[37:28] I suppose the struggle gives me comfort. 我想是反抗让我觉得舒适
[37:32] Why do you do what you do? 你为什么做你所做的事?
[37:36] I don’t actually remember. 我不太记得了
[37:40] It may have something to do with the massive amounts of money I make. 也许和我赚的大笔钱有关
[37:50] My mom died… 我妈死了…
[37:54] uh, a few months ago. 呃 几个月前
[37:56] I, I was gonna tell you the other night, but the… 我 那天晚上我本来想告诉你的 但是…
[38:00] well… 那个…
[38:02] hookers made it a little uncomfortable. 你叫的那两个妓女让我难以开口
[38:11] I went looking for my real father. 我去看过我的真正父亲
[38:15] And? 然后?
[38:17] Lives in Maine. 住在缅因州
[38:19] He works on a cranberry bog. 他在一个酸果曼沼泽里工作
[38:22] Good man. 不错的人
[38:23] He wears waders. 他穿着高筒防水胶靴
[38:26] Most days, he’s up to his knees in water and little red fruits. 大部分时间里 他置身于水和红色果实之中
[38:31] Sounds like a very moist man. 听起来像个湿人
[38:39] He’s not you. 他不是你
[38:43] Not the man I imagined growing up. 不是我想成为的那个人
[38:48] Not the man I pictured in my mind when I was studying in law school. 不是我在法学院里学习时 脑海中出现的那个人
[38:55] So you’re all alone. 因此你现在一个亲人也没有了
[38:58] Yepper. 算是吧
[39:03] So… 那么…
[39:06] any interest in being my fake father again? 有没有兴趣再次假装成我的父亲?
[39:12] I never stopped being your fake father, son. 我从来没有停止过把我当成你的父亲 孩子
[39:30] Good night, Mr. Crane. 晚上好Crane先生
[39:32] Good night, Ms. Stanger. 晚上好Stanger小姐
[39:42] Your closing was very convincing, almost as if you believed it. 你的结案陈词非常有说服力 就像你自己都相信一样
[39:46] I did. 我相信
[39:49] You do love America. 你的确爱国
[39:50] Of course I do. 我当然爱国
[39:51] I didn’t agree with the string our government attached to the money in this case, 我并不同意我们的政府 在这个案子里的处理方式
[39:55] but we have every right to attach strings to the funds we give. 但是我们的确有权力 在我们的援助里这么做
[39:59] That’s my boy. 这才是我的人
[40:02] I’m your friend, Denny, but I’m not your boy. 我是你的朋友 不是你的人
[40:06] That’s what troubles me, this notion that we have to take sides in this country now, 这就是困扰我的东西 这种我们一定要区分阵营的观念
[40:10] you’re either with us or against us, Republican or Democrat, 你要不是站在我这边 要不就是我的敌人 共和党或者是民主党
[40:14] red state or blue state. 红色州或者是蓝色州
[40:16] I can’t believe I live in a blue state. 我不敢相信我身处一个蓝色州
[40:19] No one looks at an issue and struggles over the right position to take anymore. 没有人把它当回事 也不再为自己的正确的立场而斗争
[40:23] And yet, our ability to reason is what makes us human. 作为人类 我们拥有质疑的能力
[40:26] Lately we seem so willing to forfeit that gift of reason 但是现在我们好像愿意把质疑这个天赋丢弃
[40:30] in exchange for the good feeling of belonging to a group. 以换取属于某个阵营所带来的优越感
[40:33] We all just take the position of our team. 我们都在我们的阵营里找到归属
[40:37] I’ve certainly done it and hated myself for it. 我也不例外 而我对自己深恶痛绝
[40:40] I’ve never heard you make so much sense. 我从来没听你说话那么多感性的话
[40:43] I make sense all the time, you just listen intermittently. 我总是在说 只是你经常当作耳边风
[40:48] Could be. 也许是吧
[40:54] I like that new girl. 我喜欢新来的女孩
[40:56] Marlene Marlene.
[40:58] She’s got an aggressive eye. 她有一对咄咄逼人的眼睛
[41:00] Bet she’s magnificent in bed. 我打赌她在床上也很厉害
[41:03] Oh, I bet she’s at her best back against the wall. 噢 我打赌她最厉害的姿势应该是背靠着墙
[41:12] I can’t wait till next week. 我真期待着下一周的到来 (欢迎继续收看第26集)
波士顿法律

Post navigation

Previous Post: 波士顿法律(Boston Legal)第2季第24集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
Next Post: 波士顿法律(Boston Legal)第2季第27集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Archives

  • July 2024
  • June 2024

Categories

  • 1931年
  • 1939年
  • 1941年
  • 1942年
  • 1943年
  • 1944年
  • 1948年
  • 1952年
  • 1953年
  • 1954年
  • 1955年
  • 1956年
  • 1957年
  • 1958年
  • 1959年
  • 1960年
  • 1961年
  • 1962年
  • 1963年
  • 1964年
  • 1966年
  • 1967年
  • 1968年
  • 1969年
  • 1970年
  • 1971年
  • 1972年
  • 1973年
  • 1974年
  • 1975年
  • 1976年
  • 1977年
  • 1978年
  • 1979年
  • 1980年
  • 1981年
  • 1982年
  • 1983年
  • 1984年
  • 1985年
  • 1986年
  • 1987年
  • 1988年
  • 1989年
  • 1990年
  • 1991年
  • 1992年
  • 1993年
  • 1994年
  • 1995年
  • 1996年
  • 1997年
  • 1998年
  • 1999年
  • 2000年
  • 2001年
  • 2002年
  • 2003年
  • 2004年
  • 2005年
  • 2006年
  • 2007年
  • 2008年
  • 2009年
  • 2010年
  • 2011年
  • 2012年
  • 2013年
  • 2014年
  • 2015年
  • 2016年
  • 2017年
  • 2018年
  • 2019年
  • 2020年
  • 2021年
  • 2022年
  • 2023年
  • 2024年
  • barui
  • Uncategorized
  • 一切安好
  • 中央公园
  • 亢奋
  • 亿万
  • 传世
  • 兄弟连
  • 克拉丽丝
  • 克拉克森的农场
  • 内裤队长
  • 副警长
  • 十字剑
  • 博斯
  • 卡特特工
  • 双城之战
  • 发展受阻
  • 叶卡捷琳娜大帝
  • 哈哈大校
  • 坏法官
  • 坏老师
  • 基本演绎法
  • 大城小妞
  • 大学生费莉希蒂
  • 大神偷卡门
  • 大西洋帝国
  • 天使在美国
  • 娃娃脸
  • 小小安妮
  • 小谎大事
  • 少年间谍亚历克斯
  • 布里奇顿
  • 幻灭
  • 废柴联盟
  • 康斯坦丁
  • 开心汉堡店
  • 德古拉
  • 德里女孩
  • 怒呛人生
  • 恋爱挑战书
  • 惊异传奇
  • 惊悚50州
  • 意乱情迷
  • 成瘾剂量
  • 我为喜剧狂
  • 找寻自我
  • 摩斯探长前传
  • 教师情事
  • 敢不敢挑战我
  • 新成长的烦恼
  • 日常谜团
  • 明日传奇
  • 星际之门亚特兰蒂斯
  • 更美好的事
  • 末日巡逻队
  • 杀无赦
  • 柏林谍影
  • 死亡医师
  • 比弗利娇妻
  • 波士顿法律
  • 火线警告
  • 灵书妙探
  • 犯罪心理
  • 犯罪现场调查·拉斯维加斯
  • 犯罪现场调查·纽约篇
  • 犯罪现场调查迈阿密
  • 狂欢命案
  • 狄金森
  • 狗狗博客
  • 生活
  • 生活大爆炸
  • 眼见为虚
  • 破产姐妹
  • 破发点大满贯之路
  • 神烦警探
  • 红粉联盟
  • 绝命律师
  • 绝命毒师
  • 绝望的主妇
  • 绿箭侠
  • 罪恶黑名单
  • 美国众神
  • 美国恐怖故事
  • 美国罪案故事
  • 美女上错身
  • 美式主妇
  • 脆莓公园
  • 致命陷阱
  • 艾米丽在巴黎
  • 芝加哥急救
  • 芝加哥烈焰
  • 芝加哥警署
  • 蛇蝎女佣
  • 贴身保镖
  • 达芬奇的恶魔
  • 迷失
  • 逃离丹尼莫拉
  • 逝者之证
  • 郊狼
  • 金牌律师
  • 铁证悬案
  • 随性所欲
  • 零异频道
  • 马男波杰克
  • 鲍勃心动
  • 麻木不仁
  • 黑吃黑
  • 黑帆
  • 黑暗救赎
  • 黑色星期一

Copyright © 2025 英美剧电影台词站.

Powered by PressBook WordPress theme