时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Robbery isn’t as bad as killing a man, | 抢劫可不像杀人那么糟糕 |
[00:06] | and you got me off on that. | 你都帮我脱了罪 |
[00:07] | There are only two get out of jail free cards in the game, | 游戏里只有2张免狱卡 |
[00:10] | and you’ve used them both up. | 而你2张都用完了 |
[00:11] | Say hello grandpa. | 和爷爷问好 |
[00:13] | Hi, paw paw. | 嗨 爬爬 |
[00:14] | Hi. Hello, sweetheart. | 嗨 你好 宝贝 |
[00:16] | Rachel is using again. | Rachel又开始吸毒了 |
[00:17] | I’ve decided to do an intervention. | 我决定插手这事 |
[00:19] | And Fiona? | Fiona呢? |
[00:20] | I’ll assume custody until Rachel is well. | 我会暂为照看她直到Rachel康复 |
[00:22] | We always said what a mistake it was for us to get married. | 我们总是说 我们结婚是多大的错误啊 |
[00:25] | Maybe the blunder was splitting up. | 也许更大的错是离婚 |
[00:27] | You are getting married, and you’re kissing another woman. | 你要结婚了 却吻了另一个女人 |
[00:30] | Not just any woman. I promise. | 不是随便哪个女人 我保证 |
[00:41] | As a concession for keeping the cottage in cape may, | 为了能保留Cape May的别墅 |
[00:44] | you’re willing to give up the house in Great Barrington. | 你愿意放弃在Great Barrington的房子 |
[00:47] | And the antique pewter valued at over $70,000. | 和价值超过70万的古董白�J |
[00:50] | A considerable gesture of goodwill on your part. | 这可是相当友善的表示 对您而言 |
[00:52] | However, there’s something that Natalie’s determined to get her hands on, | 然而 还有一些是Natalie决不肯放手的 |
[00:55] | and I simply can’t permit it… | 我也决不会同意的… |
[00:58] | My Victorian Erotica collection. | 我的维多利亚时代的情色艺术藏品 |
[01:00] | Vic… what? | 维多…什么? |
[01:02] | Victorian Erotica. | 维多利亚时代的情色艺术 |
[01:03] | As I’m sure you’re aware, much like today, | 我相信你也了解 和现在很像 |
[01:04] | the late 1800s were a socially conservative time. | 18世纪晚期是一个保守的社会时期 |
[01:07] | During repressive eras… | 在压抑的时代里… |
[01:09] | Pornography thrives. | 色情文艺兴盛起来 |
[01:10] | We prefer “Erotica”. | 我们喜欢称为”情色艺术” |
[01:12] | I’m in possession of the premier collection | 我拥有维多利亚时代的 |
[01:14] | of Victorian Erotica in the western hemisphere. | 在西半球的最重要的情色艺术藏品 |
[01:17] | I intend for it to be my legacy to the world. | 我打算把它作为遗产赠送给世界 |
[01:20] | Um… Just so I’m clear here, | 呃…这事我清楚了 |
[01:22] | we’re talking about literature, photos… | 我们在讨论文学作品 照片… |
[01:26] | And machinery. | 和机器 |
[01:27] | Machinery? | 机器? |
[01:28] | The Victorian Era was the height of the industrial age. | 维多利亚时代是工业时期的高峰 |
[01:31] | Whenever new technology arrives, its first use is erotica. | 一旦新技术产生 首先被运用于色情艺术作品 |
[01:34] | Much like the Internet… | 很像是网络… |
[01:36] | and Internet porn. | 和网络色情文学 |
[01:37] | Erotica. | 情色艺术 |
[01:37] | No, that stuff’s just porn. | 不 那些东西仅仅是色情 |
[01:40] | Um, Clifford, was any of this erotica acquired during your marriage? | 呃 Clifford 这些情色艺术品 哪些是在你婚后获得的 |
[01:47] | All of it, actually. | 实际上 全部都是 |
[01:49] | Well, then legally, Natalie is entitled to a significant portion of the collection. | 那么 法律上 Natalie有权拥有 这些藏品的大部分 |
[01:54] | Shirley, my family’s money and affairs has been connected to this firm | Shirley 我家族的金钱和事务 都和这间公司紧密相连 |
[01:58] | since you opened your doors. I want my collection. | 你们要赚钱 就必须帮我得到我的收藏 |
[02:02] | You’ll never get it, Clifford. | 你别想得到它 Clifford |
[02:04] | And you must be Natalie. | 而你肯定是Natalie |
[02:09] | Shirl | Shirl. |
[02:10] | Ivan? | Ivan? |
[02:43] | You don’t normally practice family law. | 你一般不负责家庭事务案 |
[02:45] | What are you doing on a divorce case? | 为何你在处理一起离婚官司 |
[02:47] | Professor Cabot’s estate has a strong tie to the firm. | Cabot教授的资产和我们公司有紧密联系 |
[02:50] | He wanted me. And you? | 他需要我 你呢? |
[02:53] | I wanted you. | 我也需要你 |
[02:55] | As a matter of full disclosure, | 为了遵循公开诚信原则 |
[02:57] | Mr. Tiggs and I were once married many years ago | Tiggs先生和我 多年前曾结婚 |
[03:00] | and could conceivably present a conflict of tersest. | 这将令人信服地出现利益冲突 |
[03:04] | Either one or both of you would be advised to request change of counsel. | 建议你们任何一方 或者双方都更换律师 |
[03:08] | I’m not giving up my attorney. | 我不换 |
[03:14] | No takers? Great. | 都没异议?那太好了 |
[03:16] | Shall we? | 可以开始了么? |
[03:29] | You don’t want to tear apart a collection. | 你不是想要把收藏品分开吧 |
[03:31] | That’s why it’s called “a collection”. | 完整的才能叫做一样”收藏” |
[03:33] | If you spent a little less time with the collection, | 如果你少花点时间在那些藏品上 |
[03:35] | we might not be here dividing it up now. | 现在我们就不用在这分割它了 |
[03:36] | People! | 各位! |
[03:36] | Before you met me, you’d never even heard of “The Lusty Turk”… | 认识我之前 你甚至没听过”健壮的土耳其人” |
[03:39] | Clifford… | Clifford… |
[03:39] | If not for me, “Two circus Virgins” would be hanging over someone else’s fireplace. | 如果不是我 那幅”两个马戏团的处女” 已经挂在别人家的壁炉上了 |
[03:43] | Natalie, Clifford, if neither of you can budge on this, | Natalie Clifford 如果你们都不让步 |
[03:46] | then we will end up in court and a judge will decide your collection’s future. | 这事就要闹上法庭 由法官决定藏品归谁 |
[03:51] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[03:52] | Now why don’t we take a break and see | 为何我们不休息下 |
[03:53] | if we can come up with a better resolution tomorrow. | 看看明天 能否有更好的解决办法 |
[03:57] | That’s fine. | 好吧 |
[03:58] | I’ll be right down. | 我一会儿就下去 |
[03:59] | I’ll call you. | 我再联系你 |
[04:08] | I thought they’d never leave. | 我还以为他们没完了呢 |
[04:10] | So how is the missus… missy? | 你的missus…missy怎样了? |
[04:14] | The honeymoon was exceptional. | 蜜月比较特别 |
[04:16] | Guadalupe? | (西班牙的一个岛) Guadalupe? |
[04:17] | An atrociously dull island. Nothing to do but have sex all day and night. | 一个极度无趣的岛 只能整天不停地做爱 |
[04:21] | By the way, Shirley, I’m having an affair. | 顺便一说 Shirley 我有外遇了 |
[04:24] | Huh. Ivan, you do not disappoint. | 哈 Ivan 你还真没让人失望 |
[04:26] | You’ve been married four weeks. | 你已经结婚4星期了 |
[04:28] | Seemed like five. | 好像是5星期 |
[04:29] | And whom are you having the affair with? | 你和谁外遇呢 |
[04:30] | You. | 你呀 |
[04:32] | Well, so far it hasn’t been very good for me. | 目前为止 对我来说不是件好事 |
[04:35] | I’m not sure if you follow the morning network news shows, | 不知你是否看早上的网络新闻报道 |
[04:39] | but I caught a couple on the Island. | 但我在岛上遇到一对夫妇 |
[04:40] | And according to the experts, one doesn’t have to actually | 按照专家的说法 一个人不一定要 |
[04:44] | have a physical relationship to be considered a cheater. | 身体上出轨才被认定为欺骗 |
[04:47] | No kidding? | 开玩笑? |
[04:48] | No kidding. | 认真的 |
[04:49] | If our friendship… | 如果我们的友谊… |
[04:51] | Let’s just call it that… | 暂时这么称呼吧… |
[04:53] | ils deeper than my primary relationship, | 比我合法婚姻关系的感情更深 |
[04:56] | them technically I’m emotionally cheating on my wife. | 那严格来说 我在感情上背叛了我妻子 |
[04:59] | That’s what Katie and Matt say, and they both have such trusting faces. | 那就是Katie和Matt所说的 而他们的面容是那么真诚 (Katie和Matt是一部电视剧中的人物) |
[05:02] | Besides humor you, what can I do? | 除了迎合你的幽默 我还能怎么做? |
[05:07] | Admit you’re having an emotional affair with me. | 承认你在感情上和我有外遇吧 |
[05:10] | Consider making it physical, since, after all, | 并且考虑发展到肉体上 毕竟 |
[05:14] | we’re already halfway there… | 我们已经奔着那方向去了… |
[05:17] | And let’s call it a day. | 今天到此为止吧 |
[05:19] | I have a better idea, | 我有个更好的主意 |
[05:21] | and I’m sure it’s something Katie and Matt came up with as well. | 而且我认为Katie和Matt也会同意的 |
[05:25] | Go home to your wife, Ivan. | 回家找你太太去吧 Ivan |
[05:28] | Are you breaking up with me? | 你是要和我分手么? |
[05:31] | Go home to your wife. | 回家吧 |
[05:41] | Shirley, you know I don’t play fair. | Shirley 你知道我不是光明正大的人 |
[05:44] | That’s one of the many reasons you love me. | 那也是你爱我的原因之一 |
[06:09] | Did you pack my jean nate? | 你帮我装了Jean Nate了么? (jean nate 一种香水) |
[06:11] | Yes, I packed your jean Nate. | 是的 装了 |
[06:13] | What about my nighttime eye patches? | 我睡觉的眼罩呢? |
[06:15] | I can’t sleep without my nighttime eye patches. | 没有眼罩我可睡不着 |
[06:24] | Evening, Adele. | 晚上好 Adele |
[06:26] | Step on it! | 快走! |
[06:32] | Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait! | 哇喔 哇喔 哇喔 哇喔 等等! |
[06:34] | Mrs. Piper! | Piper女士! |
[06:36] | I have warned you before about this. | 我已经警告过你了 |
[06:39] | You leave me no other choice. | 你让我别无选择了 |
[06:41] | Call Boston PD I want her arrested for kidnapping. | 报警 我要她因为绑架而被逮捕 |
[06:44] | Oh, before you do that, dear, could you do one thing? | 哦 在你那么做之前 亲爱的 你可以帮我做件事么? |
[06:48] | What? | 什么事? |
[06:49] | Call Alan Shore. He’s in the book. | 打电话给Alan Shore 在电话簿里有 |
[06:53] | Why did you try to kidnap this woman? | 为何你要试图绑架这个女人 |
[06:55] | She wasn’t kidnapping me. | 她没有绑架我 |
[06:57] | She was helping me escape. | 她在帮我逃跑 |
[06:59] | Oh, come on… | 哦 别逗了… |
[07:00] | Alan… | Alan… |
[07:01] | A crime is being committed here. | 犯罪正在发生啊 |
[07:03] | Adele is being held prisoner. | Adele被软禁了 |
[07:06] | Go on. | 继续说 |
[07:07] | Adele’s been in the hospital suffering from depression. | Adele一直在医院里忍受绝望的煎熬 |
[07:10] | Her son died recently, and it really devastated her. | 最近她儿子死了 这让她几乎崩溃了 |
[07:14] | Last wee, they took her out of the hospital, | 上周 他们让她出院 |
[07:16] | and they brought her here to this so-called “Assisted Living Center”. | 带她去了那个所谓的”生活援助站” |
[07:20] | They put her on antidepressants. | 还给她吃抗抑郁药 |
[07:23] | She started feeling better, | 她开始感觉好些了 |
[07:24] | and she asked when she could go home. | 问自己何时能回家 |
[07:26] | That’s when she found out the court had assigned | 然后她发现法院已经指派了 |
[07:29] | a conservator to be in charge of her estate. | 一个资产管理人接管她的财产 |
[07:32] | Donald Wharton… a man she’d never even heard of. | Donald Wharton…她从没听说过的人 |
[07:35] | He has my power of attorney. | 他有我的授权书 |
[07:37] | He has control of my bank accounts, of my property. | 他控制了我的银行帐户 我的财产 |
[07:41] | He… he’s selling off my assets. | 他…他正在卖掉我的资产 |
[07:43] | And he is spending all of my money without my permission. | 他没得到我允许 正在花掉我所有的钱 |
[07:48] | Adele… Do you have any family? | Adele…你有家人么? |
[07:53] | Not since my son passed away. | 自从我的儿子死后 就没了 |
[07:56] | Catherine… | Catherine… |
[07:57] | If you knew this injustice was being done to Adele, | 如果你清楚这是对Adele不公正的 |
[08:00] | why didn’t you simply call me before you attempted to kidnap her? | 在你企图绑架她之前 为何你不直接打电话给我 |
[08:03] | Well, dear, you… you’d helped me out on those two convenience store robberies, | 亲爱的 你… 你帮我解决了2次便利店的抢劫案 |
[08:08] | not to mention the murder. | 更别提那次谋杀了 |
[08:10] | I didn’t want to think I was becoming a bother. | 我不想觉得我是你的负担 |
[08:19] | So… one has only to fill out a few forms, | 所以…一个人只要填一些表格 |
[08:23] | and is then fury licensed by the state? | 然后就能混乱地得到政府授权? |
[08:25] | It’s that easy. Now many conservators are perfectly qualified, | 很简单的 现在很多管理人都很称职 |
[08:28] | but the lesser ones are Akin to the Jackal. | 但少数人就和豺狼一样 |
[08:30] | They sniff around hospital corridors, | 他们在医院的走道里使劲嗅 |
[08:33] | hunting for senior citizens with no family ties. | 猎取没有家人的老年人 |
[08:37] | When they corner one, | 一旦锁定一个目标 |
[08:38] | the conservator goes before a judge with an emergency motion, | 那个保管人就带着紧急动议去找法官 |
[08:40] | the judge, overburdened with caseloads, quickly grants them a power of attorney, | 那个法官 有太多案子要处理 就很快签署了授权书 |
[08:44] | and suddenly, they sink their teeth into that senior’s life. | 突然间 他们就开始侵蚀那老人的生活 |
[08:46] | They seize their assess, strip away all their decision making powers, | 他们占有老人的财产 剥夺他们所有的决定权 |
[08:50] | then run up charges, feeding off the estates until the bones have been picked clean. | 然后虚报花销 从老人的资产里拿钱 直到骨头都被剔干净了 |
[08:56] | Wow. Aren’t people grand? | 这些人真厉害 |
[08:59] | Alan, what are you eating? | Alan 你在吃什么? |
[09:01] | Jamaican ackee. It tastes like scrambled eggs if you cook it. | 牙买加的荔枝果 如果你煮来吃味道就像炒鸡蛋 |
[09:05] | No, thanks. | 不 谢谢 |
[09:07] | How do you want to proceed with Adele’s conservator? | 你要如何起诉Adele的保管人 |
[09:10] | Mr. Wharton? | Wharton先生? |
[09:11] | A visit to his den would be a good start. | 去他的老窝瞧瞧就知道了 |
[09:16] | Hmm, why not? | 恩 为何不呢 |
[09:17] | Avoid the pink parts. They’ve been known to cause vomiting or death. | 避开粉红色的部分 它们被证实会导致呕吐或死亡 |
[09:31] | The first thing we should talk about is Paul Lewiston. | 首先要谈一下Paul Lewiston |
[09:34] | Let’s wait until he gets here. | 等他来了再谈吧 |
[09:36] | Well, that’s the point. He’s not getting here. | 是这样 他不会来这了 |
[09:38] | His schedule’s been a bit shaky since he’s taken custody of his granddaughter. | 自从他照看他的孙女开始 他的日程表有点不可靠 |
[09:41] | Granddaughter? | 孙女? |
[09:42] | Fiona, his daughter Rachel’s in… | Fiona 他的女儿Rachel在… |
[09:43] | Oh, right, right, right. The druggie. | 哦 对 对 对 那个瘾君子 |
[09:45] | She’s not a druggie. | 她不是瘾君子 |
[09:46] | She has an addition for which she’s receiving treatment. | 她正在接受治疗 |
[09:48] | We don’t need Paul. The hell with it. I’ll take care of this. What’s on his plate? | 我们不需要Paul 去他的 我来接管这 有什么事么 |
[09:52] | Uh, to start with, Paul has final interviews for summer associate candidates. | 呃 首先 Paul要对夏季律师 候选人进行最后一轮面试 |
[09:57] | Boring. Next. | 无聊 下一个 |
[09:58] | Uh, it’s almost the first of the month. | 呃 这是本月最紧要的 |
[10:01] | Someone needs to meet with the building manager. | 需要有人和大楼管理者进行一次会面 |
[10:02] | I’ll take that. | 我去吧 |
[10:04] | And Sam Wolfson wanted some time this week. | Sam Wolfson本周要安排时间见一面 |
[10:07] | Oh, Sam and I go way back. I’ll cover Sam. | 哦 Sam和我又到一起了 我搞定Sam |
[10:09] | Well, folks, there you are. You see? Problem solved. | 伙计们 就这样 瞧?问题解决了 |
[10:13] | Denny Crane… Hands on management. | Denny Crane…开始插手管理了 |
[10:19] | Where’s Paul? | Paul去哪了? |
[10:21] | Oh, dear God. | 哦 上帝啊 |
[10:25] | My absence at this morning’s partnership meeting was unavoidable. | 我缺席今早董事会议是没办法的 |
[10:28] | I had to take Fiona to the pediatrician. | 我必须带Fiona去看儿科医生 |
[10:30] | Perfectly understandable, Paul. | 完全理解 Paul |
[10:32] | We’re just curious when you’ll be returning to work full-time. | 我们只是想知道你何时回来全职工作 |
[10:37] | Shirley, I have recently become the single parent | Shirley 最近我成了单亲父母 |
[10:41] | to a 3-year-old child who has no one but me to depend on. | 一个3岁的小孩无依无靠 除了和我一起 |
[10:44] | Paul, I know it’s hard. | Paul 我知道这很不容易 |
[10:45] | No, it’s not about being hard. | 不 这不是容不容易的问题 |
[10:47] | It’s that my priorities are different now. | 是我处事的优先原则改变了 |
[10:50] | And suddenly, this firm doesn’t seem so important. | 突然间 这公司好象没那么重要了 |
[10:56] | Denny Crane… master of the house. | Denny Crane… 这里的主人 |
[10:58] | Hello, Denny. How are things? | 你好 Denny 你怎样? |
[10:59] | Couldn’t be better. Paul, I heard about your druggie daughter. | 再好不过了 paul 我听说了你那吸毒女儿的事 |
[11:02] | I’ve got things under control now. | 我会控制好局面的 |
[11:05] | Why don’t you take the time you need? | 你随便来不来都行 |
[11:07] | Thank you. I intend to. | 谢谢 正有此意 |
[11:10] | Shirley | Shirley. |
[11:14] | “Druggie daughter?” | “吸毒的女儿”? |
[11:16] | What? | 什么 |
[11:17] | We covered the increased security at the front desk, | 我们对加强前台保安工作进行补偿 |
[11:19] | and you’re going to repair the water damage on the 14th floor. | 而你会去处理14楼地面漏水的问题 |
[11:22] | Da, I take care of Friday if good. | 是的 没问题的话周五搞定 |
[11:26] | Very good. | 很好 |
[11:28] | What went smoothly. So I guess I’ll see you next month. | 顺利的话 我们下个月见 |
[11:33] | So… | 那… |
[11:42] | I’m forgetting something. | 我忘了件事 |
[11:43] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[11:44] | Right. Here’s the thing… | 好吧 是这样的… |
[11:45] | I don’t know what it is I’m forgetting. | 我不知道我忘了什么 |
[11:48] | E… envelope. | 信…信封 |
[11:55] | Are you asking me for a bribe? | 你在要求我行贿么 |
[11:57] | No! No, no, no, no. | 不是!不 不 不 不 |
[12:23] | Cretins. | 白痴 |
[12:36] | So… | 那么… |
[12:37] | Are you gonna tell me? | 你打算告诉我了么 |
[12:40] | Yes, you’re zipped. | 是的 你拉链拉好了 |
[12:42] | That’s not what I meant. | 我不是这个意思 |
[12:44] | Denny, do you mind? | Denny 如果你不介意的话 |
[12:45] | Shirley, you’re my girl. | Shirley 你是我的人 |
[12:46] | I rarely look at people’s faces other than my own, | 除了我自己的 我绝少看别人的脸 |
[12:49] | but your pallor was telling me something. | 但你苍白的脸色告诉我一定有事 |
[12:52] | Man trouble? | 男人的问题? |
[12:58] | It’s Ivan. | 是Ivan |
[13:00] | He won’t stop until he gets what he wants. | 除非得到他想要的 不然他不会罢手 |
[13:02] | Right now what he wants is me, | 现在他想要的是我 |
[13:04] | and… for once, I don’t trust myself with him. | 而且…这一次 我不相信能和他在一起 |
[13:08] | So… why not have an affair with him and get it over with? | 那…为何不干脆和他外遇 然后把这事忘了 |
[13:12] | And what about his sweet, young wife? | 那他的年轻甜美的妻子怎么办? |
[13:14] | Not to mention my own morals. | 更别提我自己的道德准则 |
[13:16] | Morals. | 道德准则 |
[13:17] | Invented by the power elite to keep the hoi pollio from enjoying themselves. | 是权利精英阶层发明出来 限制民众享受生活的 |
[13:22] | As for the wife, either she won’t find out | 对于妻子来说 或者她不会发现 你会没事 |
[13:25] | and you’ll be fine, or she will and she’ll learn. | 或者她发现了 她学到一课 |
[13:28] | If he’s gonna have an affair with someone, | 如果他要和某人搞婚外情 |
[13:30] | why not be part of the fun? | 你为何不享受这一切 |
[13:33] | Maybe you should write fortune cookies. | 也许你应该去写幸运饼 (一般幸运饼里都有张小纸条) |
[13:36] | And maybe you… | 而你也许… |
[13:38] | should fantasize about him with someone else. | 应该在和别人在一起的时候想着他 |
[13:42] | Good-bye, Denny. | 再见 Denny |
[13:43] | Was that too sublet? I meant me. | 我说的太含蓄?我是指我 |
[14:02] | Wait out here, Adele. I’ll just be a minute. | 在这等着我 Adele 我马上回来 |
[14:04] | Catherine | 为何我值得这么大的惊喜? Catherine, to what do I owe this pleasant surprise? |
[14:08] | I heard you were going to see Wharton today. | 我听说你今天打算去见Wharton |
[14:10] | I’m on my way. | 正要出发 |
[14:11] | I just wanna warn you, don’t be fooled by his silly, cherubic face. | 我只是要警告你 别被他那愚蠢 天真的面孔欺骗了 |
[14:16] | I mean, he fools judges, He fools hospital administrators… | 我是指 他愚弄了法官 愚弄了医院管理者… |
[14:19] | anyone he needs to so he can get his hands | 任何他需要愚弄的人 |
[14:22] | on folk like Adele and her pocketbook. | 这样他就能把手伸向 像Adele这样的亲人和她的口袋 |
[14:24] | He’s a bad man, Alan. | 他是个坏人 Alan |
[14:25] | I’m hardly ever fooled. | 我可不会被愚弄 |
[14:26] | Oh, come on. | 哦 别这样 |
[14:28] | The first time you met me, I’m sure you had no idea | 你第一次见我时 我相信你会不知道 |
[14:31] | I’d be capable of killing a man with a frying pan. | 我可以用煎锅杀人 |
[14:34] | Catherine, when I met you, | Catherine 我遇到你时 |
[14:35] | I was sure you could accomplish anything you set your mind to, | 我很肯定你可以做到 任何你决心做的事 |
[14:38] | and you’ve yet to disappoint. | 而你还没让我失望过 |
[14:39] | Just so you know, I’ve asked Jesus not to forgive him. | 只想你知道 我已请求上帝不要原谅他了 |
[14:43] | I think Adele has a very good friend. | 我想Adele有一个很好的朋友 |
[14:47] | Oh, Adele and I are old. If we don’t stick up for each other, who will? | 哦 Adele和我都老了 我们不相互支持 谁会呢 |
[14:50] | Hello, Adele. | 你好 Adele |
[14:52] | Clifford, regarding the collection… | Clifford 关于这些收藏… |
[14:54] | when one is faces with a daunting loss, | 当一个人面对可怕的损失 |
[14:57] | one tries to hold tightly to something tangible. | 一个人试图紧紧抓住一些有形资产 |
[15:00] | as your attorney and as someone who’s been there, | 作为你的律师 也作为一个离过婚的人 |
[15:04] | divorce can play some very nasty tricks on your psyche. | 离婚的肮脏把戏会给心灵造成伤害 |
[15:07] | So you’re asking, is it conceivable I can’t let Natalie go? | 你是在问 是否有可能 我不让Natelie离开? |
[15:10] | I’m putting it out there as a possibility. | 我只是告诉你一种可能性 |
[15:14] | Given the fact she’d rather spend more time | 考虑到她宁愿花更多时间主持妇女学习部门 |
[15:16] | chairing the women’s studies department than be with me, | 而不是和我在一起的事实 |
[15:20] | and that she’s the one that asked for the divorce? | 而且是她要求离婚的 |
[15:22] | Something like that. | 诸如此类 |
[15:24] | The answer is still no. | 答案是否定的 |
[15:26] | Shirley, this is my vision. It’s not just some collection of smut, | Shirley 这是我的视觉艺术品 不仅仅是些淫秽的收藏 |
[15:29] | it’s an actual window into our history, | 这是我们历史的真实窗口 |
[15:31] | a look at how we perceive ourselves and our society | 透过我们最原始的欲望的镜头 |
[15:35] | through a lens of our most primary urges. | 看看我们如何感受我们自己和社会 |
[15:38] | I even had this artist’s rendering done for a museum I’d like to start. | 我准备开一家博物馆 甚至想好了名字 |
[15:45] | “Professor Clifford Cabot’s Cabinet of Sexual Curiosities”. | “Clifford Cabot教授 充满性好奇心的橱柜” |
[15:49] | Now that’s just to get them in the door. | 我现在正迈出了第一步 |
[15:52] | I’m beginning to get the idea. | 我开始理解了 |
[15:54] | and I think a judge might as well, however… | 我想法官也许也一样 但是… |
[15:56] | I still feel if you don’t give a little, | 我仍然感觉 如果你分毫不让 |
[16:00] | you’ll stand to lose a lot. | 你会损失更大 |
[16:04] | Sorry about the mess. It’s been busy lately. | 很抱歉这太乱了 最近一直很忙 |
[16:07] | I can imagine. | 我能想象出来 |
[16:09] | Oh, look, Denise. When’s the last time you saw a TV tray? | 哦 瞧啊 Denise 你最后一次见到这种看电视用的小茶几是何时? |
[16:14] | Suddenly I feel like watching “Bonanza”. | 我忽然想看”Bonanza”了 (Bonanza是1959年开播的经典美剧) |
[16:17] | So you want to talk about Adele? | 你们想谈谈Adele的事? |
[16:20] | Yes, Adele tells us that you have moved her into | 是的 Adele告诉我们 你把她转移到生活援助站 |
[16:22] | an assisted living facility and are selling off her assets. | 并在卖光她的资产 |
[16:25] | Well, it’s the only way to pay for the place. | 这是唯一支付这里费用的方法 |
[16:27] | They’re so damn expensive. | 它们太贵了 |
[16:29] | Someone should look into that. | 有人会调查这事的 |
[16:30] | An alternative would be to take her out of the facility | 另一个建议是让她离开援助处 |
[16:32] | and move her back home. Just a thought. | 搬回家 只是建议 |
[16:35] | Oh, I know Adele does not want to be there. | 哦 我知道Adele不想呆在那 |
[16:38] | She’s fighting me on that one. | 为这事她还和我争论过 |
[16:41] | Mr. Wharton, we’ve met with Adele. | Wharton先生 我们见过Adele了 |
[16:43] | And while she may have had trouble when she first arrived at the hospital, | 当初进医院时她可能有些问题 |
[16:47] | she has since recovered and is ready to move on with her life. | 不过她已经恢复了 准备开始新生活 |
[16:51] | And as her attorneys, we’d like to help you move on with certain things as well. | 作为她的律师 我们也愿意帮助你完成某些事 |
[16:56] | We’ve gotten rid of the trouble of court nonsense… | 我们为你免去了法庭上的争论 |
[16:58] | Notary public, standing in line at the post office… | 公证人 和在邮局排队的烦恼… |
[17:00] | You have only to sign this release, | 你只要签署这份放权书 |
[17:02] | and we will relieve you of one of the burdens | 而我们会减轻你 |
[17:05] | of your already overburdened workload. | 已经过多的负荷 |
[17:09] | She got to you, didn’t she? | 她得到你的信任了 不是么 |
[17:11] | I beg your pardon? | 什么意思? |
[17:11] | Adele. She’s very good with strangers. | Adele 她对陌生人很好 |
[17:14] | Adele has clinical depression. | Adele有临床的抑郁症 |
[17:16] | You probably saw her on a good day. | 你可能刚好在她表现得很好那天见到她 |
[17:19] | She has bouts of forgetfulness, poor judgment, difficulty concentrating. | 她已患上了健忘症 判断能力缺失 不能集中精神 |
[17:23] | If I were to let her go, as an appointee of the court, | 如果我让她离开的话 作为法庭指派的人 |
[17:27] | and more importantly, as one of the only people who cares about her, | 更重要的是 作为唯一关心她的人 |
[17:32] | I would be completely remiss. | 那我就是玩忽职守了 |
[17:38] | Mr. Wharton, what color are Adele’s eyes? | Wharton先生 Adele的眼睛是什么颜色? |
[17:41] | Uh… blue. | 呃…蓝色 |
[17:44] | They’re brown. | 是棕色的 |
[17:46] | What was her son’s name? | 她儿子叫什么名字? |
[17:49] | Jonathan | Jonathan. |
[17:52] | Mr. Wharton, as someone who cares about Adele | Wharton先生 作为关心Adele的 |
[17:55] | and is supposed to be caring for Adele, | 而且应该照顾Adele的人 |
[17:58] | you seem to be very forgetful yourself. | 你好象非常健忘 |
[18:01] | Please don’t forget your court date. | 别忘了上庭的日子 |
[18:23] | Denny | Denny. |
[18:28] | You’re panting. | 你在喘气 |
[18:29] | Yes. | 是的 |
[18:30] | Because of me? | 因为我? |
[18:32] | Because of you. | 因为你 |
[18:34] | Lock the door. | 锁上门 |
[18:36] | Because of you… Paul didn’t keep his meeting with the building manager | 因为你…Paul没有和大楼管理者会面 |
[18:40] | and Brad stiffed him. | 而Brad给他的小费太少 |
[18:41] | Now we don’t have elevator service before 7:00am, | 现在早上7点前电梯不开 |
[18:43] | and I had to walk up 14 flights of stairs. Didn’t you? | 我不得不走上14层 你不是么? |
[18:46] | I climb the stairs every morning. The elevator’s for democrats. | 我每天都走楼梯 电梯是给民主党人的 |
[18:49] | Lock the door. | 锁上门 |
[18:52] | My nipple’s hard. | 我的乳头硬了 |
[18:54] | While I appreciate the update on your vestigial teat, | 虽然我很欣赏 你在锻炼你那退化的乳头 |
[18:56] | you’re not horny, you’re freezing. | 你不是因为兴奋 而是因为冻坏了 |
[18:58] | Apparently the heat doesn’t go on in the building | 明显 早上7点前大楼不供暖气了 |
[19:00] | before 7:00am because Paul didn’t keep his special agreement with the building. | 因为Paul没能保持 和大楼管理员的的特殊协议 |
[19:04] | You’re not gonna lock the door, are you? | 你不打算锁门了 是么 |
[19:06] | Denny, you have gotta convince Paul to stay. | Denny 你必须说服Paul留下 |
[19:09] | Me? Never happen. | 我? 不可能 |
[19:11] | The reason you, me, Alan and the rest of us get to go to court | 你 我 Alan和其他人可以去法庭大声喊”反对” |
[19:15] | and yell “Objection” and sue people and make witnesses cry is Paul. | 去打官司 甚至把证人弄哭 这一切都归功于Paul |
[19:19] | Paul makes the elevators run. | Paul使电梯运转 |
[19:21] | He supervises the associates, he double-checks the billable. | 他监管各方面的联系 他仔细检查帐单 |
[19:25] | Well, let me tell you, Shirley, | 那让我告诉你 Shirley |
[19:28] | what makes this place run… | 是什么让公司运作 |
[19:31] | money. And I bring it in. | 钱 我才是赚钱的人 |
[19:33] | You bring it in, Denny. | 你赚钱 Denny |
[19:35] | But Paul puts it to work. | 可Paul让这些钱为我们服务 |
[19:37] | Shirley… | 超市不会因为收银员辞职而关门 Shirley… A supermarket doesn’t close cause the cashier quit. |
[19:41] | Yes, it does, Denny. | 是的 会关门的 Denny |
[19:42] | Otherwise people would just walk out with the food. | 否则 人们就会拿着食物直接离开超市 |
[19:53] | Good news. | 好消息 |
[19:54] | My client, in the spirit of cooperation, | 我的当事人 基于友好合作的精神 |
[19:56] | has may what I consider an amicable and generous offer. | 提出了我认为友善而慷慨的建议 |
[20:01] | Natalie is willing to give up the entire erotica collection… | Natalie愿意放弃所有艺术藏品… |
[20:05] | book, magazines, paintings, photos… | 书 杂志 画 照片… |
[20:07] | a collection which includes five first edition copies of “The Pearl”. | 还包括5本第一版的”珍珠”藏品 |
[20:12] | Which I’m guessing is not a biography of Earl Monroe. | 我猜肯定不是门罗伯爵的自传 |
[20:15] | Hardly. | 不是 |
[20:16] | The full title is,”The Pearl; a journal of facetiae and voluptuous reading”. | 书全名是”珍珠 一本引起情欲的日记” |
[20:21] | It was first published in London by the society of vice in 1879. | 1879年在伦敦由”邪恶社会”首次出版 (邪恶社会是William Dugdale专用于出版 色情文学的笔名之一 其人可查阅google) |
[20:25] | The original, unbound periodicals are exceedingly rare. | 未装订的原稿是极其稀有的 |
[20:28] | And they alone are worth more than the entire rest of the collection put together. | 单是它们的价值就超过了剩下的所有藏品 |
[20:32] | So we understand what we’re talking about, | 那么为了了解我们正在说的是什么 |
[20:34] | perhaps I could read a passage. | 也许我可以念一段 |
[20:35] | Ivan, that wouldn’t… | Ivan 那没必要… |
[20:36] | “I poured into her ears a tale of burning love. | “我在她耳边倾诉我火热的爱情” |
[20:39] | Finding that she made no resistance, I pressed her to my bosom. | “发觉她没有反抗 我把她抱在怀里” |
[20:43] | I undressed her till she stood in perfect nudity. | “我为她宽衣 直到呈现完美的裸体” |
[20:47] | I led her to the bedside, she lay back, I sank to my knees, | “我带她来到床边 她向后躺下 我跪下” |
[20:53] | and then with eagerness and tenderness, I… “ | “然后带着渴望和温柔 我…” |
[20:59] | Well, you get the idea. | 你明白我的意思了 |
[21:01] | As cheesy as that was, I do. | 如果那么低劣 我明白了 |
[21:04] | Well, that being said, | 那就是说 |
[21:06] | Natalie is willing to give up the collection except for one small item | Natalie愿意放弃所有藏品 除了其中小小的一件东西 |
[21:09] | that she currently has in her possession. | 是她目前所拥有的 |
[21:11] | Which item? | 哪一件? |
[21:13] | Something called the hysteria machine. | 那件叫性奋机器的 |
[21:14] | The hysteria machine? | 性奋机器? |
[21:15] | That Harridan! | 那个泼妇 |
[21:16] | What the hell is a hysteria machine? | 性奋机器到底是什么? |
[21:18] | The premier piece of the entire collection. | 所有藏品里最重要的 |
[21:20] | Why didn’t I see this coming? | 为何我没想到这个? |
[21:22] | Forget the house, forget the pewter. | 别想要房子 别想要白�J |
[21:24] | She wants to play dirty, so be it. | 她想玩阴的 放马过来吧 |
[21:27] | Ivan, we’re going to court. | Ivan 我们法庭见吧 |
[21:31] | Sounds like a date. | 听着像是一次约会 |
[21:44] | Your honor, since he became Mrs. Freeman’s conservator, | 法官大人 自从他成为 Freeman女士的资产管理人 |
[21:47] | Mr. Wharton has placed Mrs. Freeman in a convalescent home against her will, | Wharton先生违背Freeman女士的意愿 把她安置在康复之家 |
[21:51] | has taken control of all her credit cards. | 他控制了她所有的信用卡 |
[21:53] | He has charged exorbitant fees to the estate. | 他从她的资产里索取了过高的费用 |
[21:56] | To pay her $90 electric bill, | 为了支付她的90元电费单 |
[21:58] | he charged the estate $150. | 他索取了150元 |
[22:01] | He charged $170 to bring her less than $50 worth of groceries. | 他要了170美元却只带给她少于50美元的商品 |
[22:06] | Your honor, these are legitimate expenses. | 法官大人 这些是合法的开销 |
[22:09] | The truth is, if everyone did their job, | 事实是 如果每个人都尽本分 |
[22:11] | helped out with their family, their friends, their neighbors, | 去帮助他们的家人 朋友 邻居 |
[22:14] | it would render my job unnecessary. | 那我的工作就完全不必要了 |
[22:16] | But we don’t. | 可我们没有 |
[22:17] | We, as a society, don’t like to care of the old and the weak. | 我们 作为一个社会 并不喜欢去照顾年老的和生病的人 |
[22:21] | It’s a difficult, heart wrenching affair. | 这是艰难的 修复心灵的事情 |
[22:24] | Well, I stood up and am doing it. | 而我站出来 去做了 |
[22:28] | I have an affidavit from the admitting nurse at the hospital where Adele was first taken. | 我有一份Adele首次进院时 医院里正式的护士的书面陈述 |
[22:33] | She says Adele was confused, disoriented and apparently hadn’t eaten in several days. | 她说Adele困惑 没有判断力 而且明显很多天没吃东西 |
[22:38] | A state any of us might be in after the death of our last surviving family member. | 在失去最后一位亲人时 任何人都可能出现的状态 |
[22:42] | I have an affidavit from The Cottonwood Assisted Living Home, | 我有一份Cottonwood 生活援助处的书面材料 |
[22:46] | which states Mrs. Freeman is lucid and rational. | 证明Freeman女士是思维清晰和理智的 |
[22:49] | She’s lucid because she’s well taken care of. | 她思维清晰是因为被照顾得很好 |
[22:53] | Mr. Wharton makes a point. | Wharton先生说得有道理 |
[22:55] | Mrs. Freeman is 83 and has no family. | Freeman女士83岁而且没有家人 |
[22:58] | What if she goes off her medication? Suppose she takes a fall? | 如果她不再接受药物治疗 假设她摔了一跤呢? |
[23:02] | Your honor, if that’s a concern, I can arrange for her to live with a friend. | 法官大人 如果可以 我可以安排她和一个朋友住在一起 |
[23:05] | A friend, especially a mature friend, | 一个朋友 尤其是一个老年的朋友 |
[23:09] | is not the same as a family member or a legal conservator. | 和家庭成员或者合法的保管人是不同的 |
[23:13] | Your Honor, I… I’ve heard enough from both sides. | 法官大人 我…我已经很清楚双方的观点了 |
[23:15] | I’m assigning a court appointed psychiatrist to examine you, Mrs. Freeman. | 我会指派一个精神病专家去为你做检查 Freeman女士 |
[23:19] | Until I have evidence that you are entirely self-sufficient, | 直到可以证明你有足够的自理能力 |
[23:24] | you will remain a ward of Mr. Wharton. | 之前你都要接受Wharton先生的照顾 |
[23:27] | We will reconvene in six weeks after the examination. | 在检查结束后六周内再审 |
[23:30] | Six weeks? | 六周? |
[23:32] | Your Honor, for Mrs. Freeman, that is a lifetime. | 法官大人 对Freeman女士而言 那等于一生的时间 |
[23:35] | And in the court system, it’s practically the speed of light. | 对法庭系统而言 那几乎和光速一样快了 |
[23:39] | We’re adjourned. | 现在休庭 |
[23:43] | It was actually used as a medical device. | 它实际被用做医学设备 |
[23:46] | During the Victorian Era, there was an inability or an unwillingness of society | 在维多利亚时代那是一个 不能也不愿意去理解 |
[23:50] | to comprehend female sexual desire, | 女性性欲望的社会 |
[23:52] | so this desire was misinterpreted as “an illness”. | 以致被曲解为一种疾病 |
[23:56] | It doesn’t seem to be working. | 它好像不能用了 |
[23:58] | Well, it takes a minute or two to get its steam up. | 需要1到2分钟来加热 |
[24:00] | In the meantime, professor Cabot, | 与此同时 Cabot教授 |
[24:02] | could you tell us how the hysteria machine works? | 你可否告诉我们它是怎么工作的 |
[24:05] | Women frequently complained of symptoms such as nervousness, uh, | 女性常常抱怨的症状 比如紧张 |
[24:08] | heaviness in the abdomen, vaginal lubrication, insomnia and so on. | 小腹胀痛 阴道湿润 失眠等等 |
[24:12] | Doctors referred to these symptoms as hysteria, | 医生称这样的症状为过度兴奋 |
[24:15] | but of course, they’re actually signs of sexual arousal. | 可当然 它们都是性欲被唤起的信号 |
[24:18] | Before the invention of this machine, a doctor would, uh, | 在这机器发明以前 一个医生会 呃 |
[24:22] | massage a woman until she reached a climactic “Paroxysm,” as they called it. | 为一个女性按摩直到她达到高潮 他们称为”爆发” |
[24:27] | I should’ve listened to my mother. She always wanted me to be a doctor. | 我真应该听我妈妈的话 她一直希望我做医生 |
[24:31] | And how did this machine come into being? | 那这机器是如何诞生的呢 |
[24:33] | A doctor invented it because, well… his arm got tired. | 一个医生发明它是因为 呃…他的手臂累了 |
[24:39] | Ah, the steam is up, and it’s ready to go. | 啊 蒸汽上来了 准备启动 |
[24:44] | Oh, my God. | 哦 我的天 |
[24:45] | It’s amazing, isn’t it? | 很神奇 对吧? |
[24:46] | And I haven’t even put the attachments on yet, which go right there. | 我甚至还没把附件放上去呢 在这里 |
[24:53] | Oh, my God! | 哦 上帝啊! |
[24:55] | It’s the only working one of its kind in the world. | 这是唯一能正常使用的一部了 |
[24:57] | It’s unique and valuable and irreplaceable. | 它是独一无二的 珍贵的 不可替代的 |
[25:00] | Would you, uh, shut it off, please? | 你能不能 呃 关了它 |
[25:07] | Sorry, your Honor. A steam engine doesn’t just shut off right away. | 抱歉 法官大人 蒸汽引擎不能马上就关闭的 |
[25:17] | Mr. Wharton, unfortunately, what may seem like a small victory is | Wharton先生 很不巧幸 你那看上去的小小胜利 |
[25:22] | really just postponing the inevitable. We will prevail, | 只能推延而不能阻止我们的胜利 |
[25:26] | and since I know you’re anxious to get home and rake your shag carpet, | 因为我知道你赶着回家 去抖你那蓬松的地毯 |
[25:29] | why don’t you just let this one go? | 这事就干脆算了吧 |
[25:32] | Well, mostly because I’m mad. | 很可能因为我疯了 |
[25:34] | And for Adele’s sake, I’m willing to stay in this for the long haul. | 而且看在Adele的份上 我很愿意留下打持久战 |
[25:37] | I’ll hire my own high priced attorneys at $500 an hour. | 我会给自己雇每小时500美元的高价律师 |
[25:39] | And you know where that money comes from, don’t you? | 你知道钱从哪来么 |
[25:42] | Adele’s bank account. | Adele的银行账户 |
[25:44] | That’s what it’s there for… To insure the well being of my client. | 那就是用来…保障我的委托人的利益的 |
[25:47] | But don’t worry, I’ll eventually stop battling you once all the money’s run out. | 不过别担心 我最后会停战的 只要钱都花光了 |
[26:07] | Professor Cabot, don’t you intend, eventually, to donate this collection, | Cabot教授 你是不是打算 最终捐献包括这机器在内的藏品 |
[26:12] | including the hysteria machine to a museum, a place where everyone could… | 给博物馆 一个人人都可以… |
[26:18] | get some pleasure from it? | 从它之中得到愉悦的地方 |
[26:19] | Objection, your Honor. Leading the witness. | 反对 法官大人 这是误导证人 |
[26:22] | Sustained. The witness will not answer. | 反对有效 证人无须作答 |
[26:24] | But I got the point anyway. Please take a seat. | 但我明白你们的意思了 请坐 |
[26:28] | It seems to me that professor Clifford Cabot’s motivation for wanting the machine | 我看来 Clifford Cabot教授 想得到这机器的动机 |
[26:34] | would serve a greater good than your more… localized motivations. | 会比你们那些局限的动机 带来更大的益处 |
[26:39] | I’m inclined to award the machine to professor Clifford Cabot. | 我倾向把机器判给Clifford Cabot教授 |
[26:45] | Bring it and an inventory of the rest of the collection into court this afternoon, | 今天下午请把剩下的财产清单带来 |
[26:49] | and then I’ll decide who gets what. | 我会决定如何分配 |
[27:05] | Alan… He’s selling her house. | Alan…他在卖她的房子 |
[27:14] | That’s my living room, | 那我的客厅 |
[27:15] | my son Jonathan’s bedroom, | 我儿子Jonathan的卧室 |
[27:18] | my kitchen, my bathroom. | 我的厨房 我的浴室 |
[27:20] | My house is a “Charming 3- bedroom with potential. “ | 我的房子是”迷人的3房格局 升值潜力很高” |
[27:25] | What’s going on? | 有什么进展? |
[27:27] | Mr. Wharton is even more rancid than I had imagined. | Wharton先生比我想像的更无耻 |
[27:29] | He’s attempting to sell Adele’s home. | 他企图卖掉Adele的房子 |
[27:32] | Apparently, this isn’t the first time Mr. Wharton has done this. | 显然 这不是他第一次这么做了 |
[27:35] | According to a title search, he has sold 11 houses belonging to his wards. | 根据标题搜索 他已经卖掉了11栋 在他监管之下的房子 |
[27:40] | And get this, the house he’s living in right now | 而这个 他目前住的房子 |
[27:43] | belonged to another one of his wards who happened to | 属于另一个他负责保管的房产 |
[27:45] | pass away in her sleep. | 原屋主正巧在睡觉时去世了 |
[27:48] | This man is pure evil. | 这个人是魔鬼 |
[27:50] | Alan, you have gotta get that creative brain of yours to work and stop him. | Alan 你必须用你的智慧去阻止他 |
[27:55] | Yes, I do. | 我会的 |
[28:00] | Stolen? | 被偷了? |
[28:01] | Right out of her car. | 就在她车外面 |
[28:02] | Oh, no. | 哦 不 |
[28:03] | It’s all she had. | 这是她所遭遇的 |
[28:04] | Please, this is ludicrous. | 这太荒谬了 |
[28:06] | I mean, obviously Mrs. Cabot doesn’t want to surrender the hysteria machine, | 我是说 显然 Cabot女士不愿意交出性奋机器 |
[28:09] | and she’s hiding it fromher husband for her own personal reasons. | 所以她以私人理由藏了起来 |
[28:12] | That’s a shocking accusation. | 那真是惊人的指控 |
[28:14] | You know, you’re right. You don’t play fair. | 你是对的 你毫不光明磊落 |
[28:16] | What can I say? | 我还能说什么呢 |
[28:17] | Your Honor, my client recognizes that the news is causing distress | 法官大人 我的当事人承认 对于Cabot教授来说 |
[28:20] | to professor Cabot, and is therefore willing to pay her half of the appraised value. | 这是令人悲痛的消息 因此愿赔偿机器估价的一半 |
[28:24] | Nonsense. the item is question was in Mrs. Cabot’s care and control. | 胡闹 Cabot女士有责任照看好这机器 |
[28:29] | Clearly, this machine is a precious item… to him. | 显然 这机器非常珍贵…对他来说 |
[28:34] | I am therefore ordering you pay the full cost of the machine, | 因此 我判决你赔偿机器的全额款项 |
[28:38] | plus punitive damages I will determine at a later date. | 还要加上惩罚性的损失赔偿 我稍后决定是多少 |
[28:41] | Your Honor, this is unacceptable. Obviously, she still has the machine. | 法官大人 这让人无法接受 明显她还拿着那机器 |
[28:44] | If it turns up, we will address the matter later. | 如果找到它 我们之后处理这事 |
[28:47] | But until such time, this ruling stands. | 但此刻 裁决生效 |
[28:51] | You lying bitch. | 你这个骗人的婊子 |
[28:52] | Don’t threaten me. | 别想威胁我 |
[28:53] | You think this is over? | 你以为事情就这样完了么 |
[28:54] | The judge ruled. | 法官已经判了 |
[28:55] | It’s not over. | 我跟你没完 |
[28:55] | People! | 各位! |
[28:57] | Clifford, we need to push forward with this. | Clifford, 我们需要继续处理这事 |
[29:00] | If the hysteria machine was stolen, | 如果这机器被偷了 |
[29:02] | you need to take the necessary and appropriate action. | 你需要采取必须和恰当的行动 |
[29:05] | And as co-owner, you will file a police report, | 作为机器的共有人 你去警局备案 |
[29:08] | and you will file a claim with your insurance company. | 然后想保险公司申请索赔 |
[29:11] | There’ll be an investigation. You’ll have to open up your house. | 接下来会有人来调查 你必须打开你的家门 |
[29:14] | If you give a false statement to the police | 如果你给警察假口供 |
[29:16] | or, worse these days, the insurance company, | 或者 甚至更严重 欺骗保险公司 |
[29:19] | you’ll be charged with fraud and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. | 你将被起诉以欺诈罪 并受到最大量刑 |
[29:22] | And from my experiences, the DA’s office takes these crimes seriously | 而且依我的经验 地方检察院很重视这类罪案 |
[29:25] | and often pushes for jail time, | 总是尽力导致坐牢的判决 |
[29:27] | where you’ll be able to do lots of women’s studies. | 在监狱里 你有大把的时间进行妇女学习 |
[29:30] | Shirley | Shirley. |
[29:32] | Now, that’s not nice. | 这可不友善 |
[29:34] | Are we being nice now? | 我们是要友善么? |
[29:47] | This is for $4,000, Bob. | 这次的奖金是4000美元 Bob |
[29:50] | A provost is a high-ranking officer commonly found at what type of institution? | 教务长通常是什么机构里的高级官员? |
[29:55] | Museum…, hospital, university, bank. | 博物馆…医院 大学 银行 |
[29:59] | It’s university, you idiot. | 大学 你这白痴 |
[30:01] | University. | 大学 |
[30:03] | Final Answer? | 是最后答案么 |
[30:04] | Final. | 是的 |
[30:05] | Yes, sir. You got it again, Bob. | 对了 先生 你又赢了 Bob |
[30:14] | Help! Help! | 救命!救命! |
[30:17] | Oh, God! Oh, God! | 哦 天啊! 哦 我的天! |
[30:20] | Help! Help! | 救命!救命! |
[30:35] | Yoo-hoo, anybody home? | 有人在家么 |
[30:40] | Mr. Wharton. | Wharton先生 |
[30:45] | Oh, my goodness. | 哦 仁慈的上帝啊 |
[30:47] | This is dreadful. | 这太可怕了 |
[30:49] | Look at you. You’ve been assaulted and robbed. | 瞧瞧你 你被袭击 抢劫了 |
[30:53] | Oh, the world we live in. | 哦 我们生活的是什么世界啊 |
[30:55] | Who on earth would do something such as this? | 究竟是谁居然会做这种事? |
[31:01] | Oh, of course. You can’t speak. | 哦 当然 你不能说话 |
[31:03] | I’ll get you a pad and a pencil. | 我给你拿支笔和块垫版 |
[31:06] | No, that’s no good. Your hands are tied. My God. | 不 那可不好 你的手被绑着 我的天 |
[31:09] | You must have been left here for what, over an hour? | 你肯定被扔在这 超过1小时了吧 |
[31:14] | It must feel awful to be left alone and vulnerable. | 被孤独地留在这感觉很恐怖吧 |
[31:19] | Well, apparently, they made off with nothing more than some dingy old file boxes, | 显然他们只抢走了一些 又脏又破旧的文件箱 |
[31:24] | which could only contain records, I would imagine. | 只能用来装唱片 能想象出来 |
[31:27] | How stupid are they? | 他们真是蠢啊 |
[31:28] | I mean, what could they possibly hope to get for that? | 我是说 他们可能希望得到什么呢? |
[31:30] | Anyway, I’m glad it’s over. | 不管怎么说 很高兴已经结束了 |
[31:33] | Let’s just pray it never happens again | 让我们祈祷它不会再发生 |
[31:36] | and again and… again. Oh. | 一次又一次的发生 哦 |
[31:41] | Also, obviously, you’re in no shape to handle your court appointed duties, | 明显的 你决不能完成法庭给你的任务了 |
[31:46] | particularly with regard to Adele. Not to worry. | 尤其是关于Adele的 别担心 |
[31:48] | I just happen to have with me that… release form from the other day. | 我刚巧带在身上… 前几天的放权同意书 |
[31:55] | Now maybe there’s just enough give here… | 现在也许有足够的让步理由… |
[32:01] | to let you sign it. | 让你签了它 |
[32:04] | There’s that. Here you go. | 在这 签吧 |
[32:09] | Wonderful. | 太好了 |
[32:14] | You know, now that this experience has brought us closer, | 你知道 既然这次经历让我们更亲近了 |
[32:20] | I feel I can say this. | 我觉得我可以说这些话了 |
[32:23] | Sometimes these events are just what one needs | 有时这些事件正是某人所需要的 |
[32:27] | to shake things up a bit, make a change. | 受一点惊吓 造成一些改变 |
[32:29] | New job, new direction, new ideas… just a thought. | 新工作 新方向 新的主意… 只是一个想法 |
[32:33] | I’m thinking now would be a perfect time to start. | 我想现在正是好时机去从头开始了 |
[32:38] | Yes, well, this is much better already. | 是的 这已是非常好的机会 |
[32:40] | I feel that foreboding sense of danger fading. | 我感觉不祥之兆已经逐渐消失 |
[32:44] | Still, best to stay alert, on the right path. | 仍然 最好保持警惕 朝正确的道路走 |
[32:47] | Because you never know when this kind of thing might happen again. | 因为你永远不知道这样的事情会否再发生 |
[32:51] | You only know that it will. | 你只是知道它会的 |
[33:14] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[33:17] | Hey, hey. | 嘿 嘿 |
[33:24] | You didn’t actually file a police report? | 你没有真的去报警吧? |
[33:27] | And an insurance claim. | 还有保险索赔 |
[33:31] | Shirley… | Shirley… |
[33:33] | If, God forbid, the guy who stole this feels remorse and returns it to my client, | 如果 看在上帝的份上 如果那小偷后悔了 把东西物归原主 |
[33:38] | she could end up going to jail. | 她可能因欺诈而坐牢的 |
[33:40] | It’s a tribute to the risks one is willing to take for some momentary pleasure. | 对于那些为了一时意气而冒险的人 坐牢是很好的礼物 |
[33:45] | Which proves my point, by the way. | 正好证明了我的观点 |
[33:48] | It’s not just me, it’s all of us. | 不只是我 是我们 |
[33:51] | We are all merely sexual animals. | 我们都是有欲望的动物 |
[33:54] | And Shirley, as crude as you might think me at times, | 而Shirley 有时你会认为我拙劣 |
[33:58] | at least I put myself out there and act on my instincts. | 至少我表现了我的本性 |
[34:02] | You must at least admire me for that. | 你至少会羡慕我吧 |
[34:05] | I more than admire you, Ivan, and you know it. | 我不止羡慕你 Ivan 你知道的 |
[34:07] | You have a wife who adores you and who you love… | 你有一个爱你的你也爱的妻子… |
[34:10] | probably more than you’re willing to admit… and for her sake, | 可能你不愿意承认…看在她的份上 |
[34:13] | if not more importantly for you own, you need to grow up. | 而不是看在你自己的份上 你应该长大了 |
[34:26] | I love you, Shirley. | 我爱你 Shirley |
[34:32] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[34:53] | Sam | Sam. |
[34:54] | Denny Crane | Denny Crane. |
[34:55] | Good to see you. | 见到你真好 |
[34:57] | Oh, look at you. | 哦 瞧瞧你 |
[34:58] | How’s Evenly? | Evenly还好么 |
[34:59] | She’s well. | 她很好 |
[35:00] | She’s very well. Thanks for asking. | 她真的很好 多谢关心 |
[35:02] | How is the fishing going this season? | 这个季节去钓鱼怎样? (fishing 俚语里有泡妞的意思) |
[35:04] | In the water or in the bedroom? | 在水里还是在床上? |
[35:10] | Well… what can we do for you? | 那…有什么可以帮你么 |
[35:14] | Shouldn’t we wait for Paul Lewiston? | 不等Paul Lewiston了么 |
[35:16] | Paul’s… dialing things back a little right now. | Paul…这会儿被事情耽搁了 |
[35:19] | Oh, well… | 哦 好吧 |
[35:22] | I’m considering divesting from some of my Hong Kong subsidiaries… | 我在考虑出售一些香港的资产 |
[35:25] | Really? | 真的么 |
[35:25] | And, uh… I’m sorry. | 呃…抱歉 |
[35:28] | Is Paul leaving the firm? | Paul离开公司了? |
[35:30] | It’s unclear. But the point is, | 还没定论 但关键是 |
[35:32] | I’m your point man. Always have been. | 你有我就行了 一直都是这样啊 |
[35:37] | Denny, we’ve known each other long time, | Denny 我们认识很长时间了 |
[35:39] | so I don’t take any pleasure in being this blunt, | 我很不愿意这么说 |
[35:42] | but I love having a drink with you, schmoozing. | 可我很喜欢和你喝一杯 闲聊几句 |
[35:45] | Right. | 对 |
[35:47] | Paul’s the one I deal with. | 而我喜欢和Paul谈生意 |
[35:49] | I mean, he’s the expert in Asian markets, and you… | 我是说 他是亚洲市场方面的专家 而你… |
[35:55] | Well… | 呃… |
[36:09] | This is for you. | 这是给你的 |
[36:12] | What is it? | 什么 |
[36:13] | Open it. | 打开它 |
[36:22] | Denny… | Denny… |
[36:22] | Just a simple “Thank you, Oh, kind and benevolent leader” will suffice. | 只要说声”谢谢 善良仁慈的领导”就够了 |
[36:28] | I can’t accept this. | 我不能接受 |
[36:31] | I thought it was what you always wanted. | 我以为这是你一直想要的 |
[36:33] | I’m sure it’s what you thought I always wanted. | 我肯定这只是你以为我一直想要的 |
[36:36] | You trying to play hardball with me, Paul? | 你想和我耍花招么 |
[36:40] | Don’t tell me this whole thing is simply a matter of respect? | 别告诉我这仅仅是尊重的问题 |
[36:45] | Good God, it is. | 上帝啊 的确如此 |
[36:47] | My mind and my priorities are exactly where they should be right now. | 我的全部精力都集中在应该做的事上 |
[36:52] | When Rachel gets out, I will be back here full-time, or maybe I won’t. | 等Rachel出来了 我会回来工作 或者不会 |
[36:57] | In the meantime, it will give you the opportunity | 同时 也给了你机会 |
[37:00] | to actually think about things for a change. | 实际的转换一下思维角度 |
[37:07] | God bless us. We found it. | 上帝保佑 我们找到它了 |
[37:10] | The antique, steam-powered woman-pleasing machine | 那个古董的 蒸汽驱动的 挑逗女人的机器 |
[37:13] | is always in the last place you look. | 总是在你最不留意的地方 |
[37:15] | You bet. | 当然 |
[37:16] | Now my client is more than thrilled to return it | 我的当事人不是因为害怕而归还 |
[37:19] | and just ask for visitation right. | 是希望得到探视的权利 |
[37:21] | However, she cannot do that from jail, | 不管怎样 她不能去坐牢 |
[37:24] | and so she requests that the police and insurance claims be withdrawn. | 所以她希望警局的备案和 保险索赔申请可以撤回 |
[37:28] | Done. I just want to check to make sure it’s the original machine. | 成交 只要验明机器的正身 |
[37:32] | You don’t trust me. | 你不相信我 |
[37:35] | Not a bad idea. | 不是坏主意 |
[38:00] | I left my wife, Shirley. | 我离开了我太太 Shirley |
[38:05] | Did you? | 是么 |
[38:07] | About an hour ago. | 大约1小时以前 |
[38:17] | So what do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[38:21] | To be honest, I’m a little afraid to think. | 坦白的说 我有点不敢去想 |
[38:26] | Well, no need then. | 那就不要想了 |
[38:28] | However, you know me. I do have a question. | 好吧 你知道的 我有个问题 |
[38:33] | And what would that be? | 什么问题 |
[38:38] | Would you like to see my attachments? | 你想看看我的配件么 |
[39:03] | Denny… You’re here late. | Denny…你这么晚还在这 |
[39:05] | I run the place. | 这是我的地方 |
[39:07] | So… | 那么… |
[39:09] | You and Shirley… | 你和Shirley… |
[39:12] | that gives us something in common. | 这让我们有了共同点 |
[39:15] | A hell of a woman. | 一个女人 |
[39:17] | We have something else in common. | 我们还有别的共同点 |
[39:19] | What’s that? | 是什么 |
[39:21] | We’re both… | 我们都是… |
[39:22] | leading men. We’re like stars in our own show. | 男主角 都是自己的领域里的明星 |
[39:27] | Only the star doesn’t have only one leading lady. | 只是男主角不会只有一个女主角 |
[39:30] | Oh, sure, sometimes, at the end of an episode, | 哦 是的 有时候 在一集结束时 |
[39:33] | it looks like he’s settling down with someone, | 好象他要和某人定终身了 |
[39:36] | but the next week, she’s not there. It’s somebody else. | 可到了下周 她不在了 换了别人 |
[39:38] | It’s a way of holding up viewer interest. | 这是讨好观众的方法 |
[39:42] | You’re a strange man, Denny. | 你是个奇怪的人 Denny |
[39:45] | Strange leading man. | 奇怪的男主角 |
[39:51] | You’re not gonna hurt her, Ivan. | 你不会伤害她吧 Ivan |
[40:14] | So whose ass did you have kicked? | 你教训了谁? |
[40:19] | Someone whose ass thoroughly deserved it. | 一个彻底应该被教训的人 |
[40:22] | Good. | 不错 |
[40:23] | I can never understand why people don’t use violence | 我没法理解为何大家 不用多暴力去解决问题 |
[40:26] | more often to solve their problems. Works every time. | 每次都很有效啊 |
[40:30] | Actually, I’m quite disturbed by it. | 实际上 这问题很困扰我 |
[40:32] | I had a real appetite for Mr. Wharton’s fear and suffering. | 我很愿意看到Wharton先生 害怕和受折磨的样子 |
[40:37] | Is that unusual? | 那反常么? |
[40:39] | For me? Not at all. | 对我来说么? 一点也不 |
[40:41] | What was unusual was how swiftly I acted on my carvings. | 不寻常的只是 我如此快速地完成了我的工作 |
[40:45] | It was an emergency. What else could you do? | 那是紧急情况 不然你还能怎样? |
[40:47] | Something more clever. | 更聪明的办法 |
[40:53] | Equally disturbing was how easy it all was… | 同样困扰我的是 居然这样容易 |
[40:56] | a quick fix which required very little thought on my part. | 对我而言 本该仔细斟酌的每个细节 |
[40:58] | Just a phone call. | 却只要一个电话就搞定了 |
[41:03] | I wonder what I’m turning into. | 我想知道我正变成什么人 |
[41:06] | Denny Crane | Denny Crane. |
[41:10] | I think I’m still a long ways away from that. | 那还远着呢 |
[41:15] | Don’t you worry. | 别担心 |
[41:17] | You’ll get there. | 你会成功的 |