Skip to content

英美剧电影台词站

波士顿法律(Boston Legal)第2季第18集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Posted on July 8, 2024 By taiciben_script_user No Comments on 波士顿法律(Boston Legal)第2季第18集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
时间 英文 中文
[00:02] Previously on Boston Legal.
[00:03] I was drug addict and 我染上了毒瘾
[00:05] I needed my father and you abandoned me. 我需要我的父亲 但是你抛弃了我
[00:07] Who is this? 这是谁
[00:08] Your granddaughter. 你的孙女
[00:09] Please welcome Mr. and Mrs. Denny Crane. 欢迎DennyCrane夫妇
[00:11] Denny Denny!
[00:12] Bev has hired an army of lawyers to gut this firm. Bev请了一帮律师来肢解这家公司
[00:15] An agreement has been reached in the matter of Crane vs. Crane. Crane先生和Crane夫人达成了一个协议
[00:18] I will buy a house for Bev in Hawaii. 我将给Bev在夏威夷买一座房子
[00:20] You’ll be the one that got away from Denny Crane. 你将是离开DennyCrane的人
[00:22] Look me up if you’re ever on the big island. 如果你来岛上了 记得来看我
[00:24] I am the big island. 我就是大岛
[00:25] Denny 他们要在我的旅馆里做些装修 Denny, they’re doing some sort of renovations at my hotel.
[00:28] I was wondering if I could spend the night at your place. 我在想是否能够在你那过夜
[00:31] Stay as long as you need. 想住多久住多久
[00:44] …believe that 24% of married couples, 24%的夫妇不睡在一起
[00:45] which to me is a very large number, 在我看来
[00:47] do not sleep in the same bed. 是个很大的数目
[00:49] Yeah… yeah… listen to me. Yeah! 听我说
[00:50] Denny 你准备走了吗 Denny, you’re ready to go?
[00:51] And they say it has nothing to do… 他们说和那无关
[00:53] And they’re happy about it with not being compatible with a person. 他们很高兴 不需要去迁就
[00:55] You want to get a good night’s rest… 你想晚上睡得好的话
[00:56] Denny 你必须去工作 Denny, you must go to work.
[00:58] It’s hump day, your favorite day. 今天是驼峰日 你最喜欢的日子 (hump day驼峰日 星期三或星期四)
[00:59] I don’t have a favorite anything anymore. 我不再有什么最喜欢的东西了
[01:02] Listen, I understand the need to retreat into oneself after a failed love affair, 我知道一场恋爱失败后 你需要一个人好好呆会
[01:07] but you haven’t gone to work in three days. 但是你有三天没去工作了
[01:10] You’ve been in that bed for two. 两天里你一直在床上
[01:12] You’re drinking… 早上九点
[01:13] scotch at 9:00 in the morning. 就一直在喝苏格兰威士忌
[01:15] And most disturbingly, you’re watching “The View”. 最让人不安的是 你一直在看”观点”
[01:18] Leave me alone. 让我一个人呆着
[01:22] Hey! hey! hey! same team. Same team! 我们是一组的 一组的
[01:25] Consider this an intervention. 可视其为干涉
[01:28] It’s no use, Alan. Nothing interests me anymore. 没用的 Alan 没什么东西能再吸引我了
[01:32] Construction worker Russell Blayney… arrested for attempted murder 建筑工人Russell Blayney 因谋杀被捕
[01:36] for setting a booby trap in his home to catch burglars. 他在家里安了一个陷阱 来抓入室强盗
[01:39] Miguel Dominguez allegedly broke into Blayney’s house Miguel Dominguez闯入了 Blayney的房子
[01:42] and received a reported 50,000 volts of electricity through his body, 据报道被5万伏特高压电流击中
[01:47] paralyzing him from the waist down 致使他自腰部以下瘫痪
[01:49] and leaving us all with the question… 带给了我们一个问题
[01:51] Russell Blayney Russell Blayney… victim or vigilante? 是受害者还是义务警员呢
[01:54] In other news today… 今天的其他新闻
[01:55] That case… 这个案子
[01:57] I want that case. 我想接这个案子
[02:01] I see your bliss is back as well. 看来你的小弟弟也兴奋起来了
[02:08] Your honor, the commonwealth moves that bail be denied. 法官大人 联邦政府反对保释
[02:11] Mr. Blayney is charged with attempted murder and is an obvious flight risk. Blayney先生被指控谋杀未遂 并有很大的逃脱风险
[02:14] If I may, my client… 如果我可以的话 我的委托人…
[02:15] Your honor… 法官大人
[02:17] I need a moment with my client. 我需要和我的委托人呆一会
[02:19] You don’t have a client here, Mr. Crane. 你在这没有委托人 Crane先生
[02:21] Count to ten, judge. 数到十 法官
[02:23] Mr. Blayney, do you know who I am? Blayney先生 你知道我是谁吗
[02:25] Yeah, you’re Denny Crane. I’ve seen you on “Larry King”. 当然 你是Denny Crane 我在Larry King上见过你
[02:28] You’re famous. 你很有名
[02:29] So who would you rather have as your attorney… 你更想要谁做你的律师
[02:31] me or, uh, hacky McGuilty Verdict here? 我 还是这个McGuilty Verdict小子 (McGuilty Verdict 是Danny编造的名字 意思是裁决有罪)
[02:35] I’ve faced him before, you’d rather have him. 我和他交过手 你最好要他
[02:37] Don’t feel bad, son. Take a big man to recognize a bigger man. 别沮丧 孩子 让一个大家伙来见识一个更大的家伙
[02:41] We’re waiting, Mr. Crane. 我们等着呢 Crane先生
[02:44] Uh, I move for a continuance, your honor. 我申请延期审判 法官大人
[02:48] I just got the case. 我刚接手这个案子
[03:25] Shirley, first thing in the morning, even haven’t had my coffee. Shirley 这么早啊 我还没喝咖啡呢
[03:28] Normally I’d make a witty retort about caffeine and 通常我会就咖啡因和
[03:31] your aging reproductive system, 你逐渐老化的生殖系统 做一个机智的反驳
[03:33] but not today, Alan. I have a problem. 但不是今天 Alan 我有个问题
[03:37] Karl Hauser died this week. Karl Hauser这个星期去世了
[03:40] The photographer. 那个摄影师
[03:41] I knew him years ago. We hadn’t been in touch for some time, 我认识他好多年了 我们有一段时候没联系了
[03:46] but… well, he’s dead. 但是 他死了
[03:49] I’m sorry. 我很抱歉
[03:53] I met Karl when I was a sophomore at Wellesley. 我在Wellesley二年级时 遇见了Karl
[03:56] I spent the summer in Manhattan, and we met in the West Village. 我在曼哈顿过暑假 我们在WestVilage相遇
[04:00] He was this amazing, fascinating man, 他出乎寻常的有魅力
[04:04] and he told me I was very pretty. 他对我说我很美丽
[04:08] And… I did some modeling for him. 我为他做了几次模特
[04:12] Please tell me this is going where I think it’s going. 请告诉我正是我想的那类事情
[04:15] Yeah, it is. 是的
[04:16] Karl took some very tasteful black and white nudes of me. Karl给我照了几张非常有品味的 黑白裸照
[04:20] I am so disappointed in you, Shirley. “Tasteful”? 我对你太失望了 Shirley 有品味?
[04:24] There’s going to be an estate auction. 将会有一次财产拍卖
[04:25] And I want you to find a way to block the sale of those photographs. 我希望你能够想个法子 阻止拍卖这些照片
[04:29] How many pictures are we talking about? 我们说的照片有多少张
[04:31] I think there were 15, maybe 20… 我想有15 大概20…
[04:35] That’s not so many. 不是很多嘛
[04:36] rolls of film that he used. …卷胶卷吧 他用了
[04:39] I am so glad I came into work today. 我很高兴今天来上班了
[04:43] Down, boy, this is serious. 少来 孩子 这件事很严肃的
[04:45] Karl promised me that he wouldn’t show the photographs to anyone. Karl答应过我他不会向任何人展示这些照片
[04:50] However, I signed a standard release saying that 但是 我签署了一份授权许可书
[04:53] he could show them to… everyone. 因此 他可以将它们展示给任何人
[04:56] Why are you so worried about this, Shirley? 为何你如此担心这件事呢 Shirley
[04:58] You were young. Young people do all sorts of things. 你曾经年轻 年轻人什么事都做
[05:02] And now you wear clothes to the office every single day. 现在你每天衣着楚楚的来办公室
[05:05] Shocking as it may seem to you, Alan. I like my privacy. 也许你听来可能会吃惊 Alan 但是我喜欢有隐私
[05:09] Maybe I’ll want to be a federal judge someday. 也许哪天我会想当联邦法官
[05:12] And being a named partner at a prestigious law firm… 而作为一家有声望的法律公司的命名合伙人
[05:16] Well, it’s not good for business. 这会影响生意
[05:20] I’ll give you my best effort. 我将尽力帮你
[05:23] Of course, at some point, 当然 在某些环节
[05:25] I will have to examine the evidence thoroughly. 我会不得不仔细的查阅那些证据
[05:55] Oh! Here they are. 你们来了
[05:57] Oh, sorry we’re late. 我们迟到了
[05:58] No, problem. 没事
[05:59] Fiona, say hello to grandpa. Fiona 向爷爷问好
[06:01] Hi, paw paw. 嗨 爬爬 (paw paw和英语里爷爷grandpa 后面的发音很像)
[06:03] Hi. Hello, sweetheart. 你好 甜心
[06:06] I guess you’re paw paw form now on. 我想从现在起你就是爬爬了
[06:07] Well, that’s one of the nicest names I’ve ever been called. 这是我的名字中最棒的一个
[06:10] We were almost out the door. 我们差不多都出门了
[06:12] She insisted on wearing the red cowboy boots. 她坚持要穿上那双红牛仔靴
[06:13] I finally said okay. And of course, then we could only find one, 我最终还是说了好 后来我们只找到了一只
[06:15] and we finally found the other one on top of the refrigerator. 我们最终在冰箱的顶上找到了另一只
[06:18] Oh! 噢!
[06:18] And you get to where it’s pointless to ask how it got on top of the refrigerator. 问为何它会跑到冰箱顶上 这毫无意义
[06:20] You just grab it and go. 抓了它就走
[06:22] I, uh, I took the liberty of ordering coffee and some hot chocolate. 我擅自点了些咖啡和热巧克力
[06:25] Oh, thanks so much. 太感谢了
[06:28] We can just stay a second. 我们只能待一小会
[06:29] It’s Fiona first day at Happy Duck Day Care. 今天是Fiona在快乐小鸭日托所的第一天
[06:32] Ah! is that a good place? 那是个好地方吗
[06:34] But don’t let the cheesy name fool you. They’re great. 别让那个俗气的名字误导你 他们很棒的
[06:36] I went to so many places. 我找了很多间了
[06:38] I had a checklist I used.. ah, yeah, here it is. 我做了个清单 在这
[06:43] Ah, well, let’s see what we have here. 让我们看看有哪些
[06:46] “Childcare Question”. 日托问题
[06:48] “Are They Licensed and Monitored?” 他们执照经营并被监管吗
[06:50] “Do They Afford Opportunities for Both Active and Quiet Play?” 他们提供机会玩活跃的游戏和安静的游戏吗
[06:53] “Is the Staff Trained in C.P.R.?” 员工接受过C.P.R(心肺复苏)训练吗
[06:56] “Do the Kids Appear Happy?” 孩子们看起来高兴吗
[06:59] Rachel, this is a very thorough list. Rachel 这是个很完整的清单
[07:01] Well, she’s my daughter. 那是 她是我女儿
[07:04] Where are my keys? 我的钥匙在哪
[07:06] It’s in your pocket. 在你口袋里
[07:08] Yap, here they are. 是的 它们在这
[07:10] Dad, in all the cowboy boot madness this morning. 爸爸 今早忙着找牛仔靴
[07:14] I lost my ATM card somewhere. 我把我的ATM卡丢在什么地方了
[07:16] You think you could loan me 40 bucks? 你可以借给我40美元吗
[07:18] No, problem. 没问题
[07:21] You know, um, Rachel, 你知道 Rachel
[07:23] if you’re in a hurry to get to work, 如果你急着去工作
[07:25] I can drop Fiona off at, uh… Happy Duck, is it? 我可以去接Fiona 快乐小鸭 对吧?
[07:30] Oh, thanks. We’ll make it okay. 谢谢 我们会搞定的
[07:33] Fiona, we have to go. Thank paw paw for your hot chocolate. Fiona 我们得走了 谢谢爬爬给你点了热巧克力
[07:36] Thanks, paw paw, for my chocolate. 谢谢 爬爬 为我点了热巧克力
[07:38] You’re very welcome. 我很乐意
[07:39] Thanks, dad. 谢谢 爸爸
[07:40] Bye, darling. 拜 亲爱的
[07:41] See ya. 回见
[07:42] Bye bye. 拜拜
[07:44] Bye bye, Fiona. 拜拜 Fiona
[07:47] Bye bye. 拜拜
[08:05] By your look, it’s not good. 你看起来不大好
[08:06] I believe Rachel’s using again. 我想Rachel故技重施了
[08:09] She’s back on crystal meth. 她又开始服用crystal meth(冰毒)了
[08:11] What proof do you have? 你有什么证据
[08:13] We were supposed to meet at 8:00… coffee shop near her apartment. 我们约定在早上八点 她公寓附近的咖啡厅见面
[08:17] She showed up 20 minutes late with Fiona in tow. 她20分钟后才拖着Fiona赶到
[08:20] Was harried, disorganized. She couldn’t find her keys. 匆忙 紊乱 她找不到她的钥匙
[08:23] Paul, you have just described every single working mother in America. Paul 你在描述美国的每一位单身工作母亲
[08:28] Then she asked to borrow $40. 然后她问我借了40美元
[08:33] Crystal meth users live their lives in $40… increments, cash. crystal meth使用者用40美元过活 固定的 现金
[08:40] Paul, this is a very serious accusation, Paul 这是一个非常严肃的指控
[08:43] and you need to be absolutely certain before you make it. 你需要完全确定明白后才能做出
[08:46] I know. 我知道
[08:49] If I’m right, and I do nothing, 如果我是正确的 我什么都不做
[08:51] Fiona could be in danger. Fiona可能会身处危险
[08:53] If I act and I’m wrong, 如果我采取了行动 而我又错了
[08:55] Rachel will never speak to me again. She’ll cut me out forever. Rachel就不会再理我了 她会永远终止和我的联系
[08:58] What do I do? 我该怎么做
[09:00] You’ve lived through a lot with Rachel, 你和Rachel经历过许多坎坷
[09:02] and this relationship you’re developing with her now is very new. 现在你和她发展的关系是崭新的
[09:06] You might want to ask yourself if your history 你也许想问自己
[09:09] with Rachel’s drug use is causing you to overreact. Rachel吸毒是否曾让你采取过激行为
[09:14] Just think about it. 好好想想
[09:32] You, Blondie, you’re on my team. 你 金发小妞 加入到我的团队中来
[09:38] If you’ve seen the news, you know what a travesty this is. 如果你看了新闻 你就知道有多滑稽
[09:40] A man arrested for defending his own home. 一个人因为保卫他自己的家被捕
[09:43] it’s a farce, and not the funny kind. This is one serious farce. 这是场闹剧 不是滑稽剧 这是场严肃的闹剧
[09:47] May I ask what we’re pleading? It seems self-defense… 我能询问我们在辩护什么吗 这看起来像是自卫
[09:49] Don’t like that kind of thinking. That’s defensive thought. 不喜欢那么说 但那的确是自卫
[09:51] We’ve got to strike first. Preempt them. 我们得先发制人 抢占先机
[09:53] What’d they say in the news… “Victim or vigilante”? 他们会在新闻里面说什么 受害者或义务警员
[09:56] It’s neither. This is Russell Blayney… hero. 都不是 这是Russell Blayney 一个英雄
[09:58] You want to try this case in the press? 你想让这个案子上媒体?
[10:00] Exactly. 的确
[10:01] I want to grab the public’s attention. 我想抓住大众的视线
[10:05] With a story, a character, a narrative, 一个故事 一种人格 一份讲述
[10:08] we have to create our own reality. 我们需要构造出属于我们的真相
[10:13] You, young punk, you must know computers. 你 小朋克 懂电脑
[10:16] Set up a web site, one of those blobs… 设置一个网站 要点之一是
[10:18] “Justice for Russell Blayney”. Russell Blayney的正义
[10:20] And you, Denise, you’ll be my second. 你 Denise 你将作我的副手
[10:23] You look good on camera. 你很上镜
[10:31] Karl Hauser’s widow is here. KarlHauser的遗孀来了
[10:35] Straightforward, standard release Karl used for all his models. 这是Karl所有模特签订的授权许可书
[10:40] A lifetime of papers and contracts, and you manage to find mine. 他终生那么多的文件和合约 你居然可以找到我的
[10:43] God bless the organized. 上帝保佑管理档案的人
[10:44] And there’s no mistaking your signature. 这是你的签名没错
[10:54] I’m so sorry. It’s just, here you are. 我很抱歉 只是 你就在我面前
[10:58] I may cry. 我真想喜极而泣
[11:00] He loves art. 他崇尚艺术
[11:02] Marguerite, I’m sorry, but your husband was an adult. Marguerite 我很抱歉 但是你的丈夫是一个成年人
[11:06] A famous man of the world. 这世上的一个名人
[11:08] And I was an immature kid who did not understand the document she was signing. 我当时只是一个不明白他签署的 文件为何物的不成熟的孩子
[11:13] There was no meeting of the minds here. 对这点大家意见不一致呵
[11:15] So this contract, I’m afraid, is not binding. 所以我恐怕这份协议 不具备法律效应
[11:19] As I recall, was not your minds that met. 我说过 我和你想得不同
[11:27] If you were old enough to screw my husband, 如果你足够大来勾引我的丈夫
[11:29] you were old enough to understand what you were signing. 你也足够大 懂得你签署的是什么
[11:32] Your husband talked me into doing quite a few things I didn’t understand. 你的丈夫和我说了一些 我不太懂的事
[11:36] Tell me, why should I do something nice for you? 告诉我 为何我要对你友好呢
[11:39] And don’t say because you did something nice for my husband. 别说是因为你曾取悦过我丈夫
[11:41] What do you intend to do… with the photos? 你想拿这些照片做什么
[11:45] Half of Karl’s collection is already promised to Karl的一半作品已经
[11:48] the museum of modern art in New York. 承诺捐给纽约的现代艺术博物馆了
[11:50] I intend to auction off the other half. 我想拍卖另一半
[11:52] Including those photos. 包括这些照片
[11:54] Your pictures will be going on the block. 你的照片将被出售
[12:05] I need a favor… a very important, very personal favor. 我请您帮个忙 一个很重要很私人的大忙
[12:09] Of course. 说吧
[12:10] After an extended absence, 在一段长时间的缺席后
[12:12] I have recently reconnected with my daughter Rachel, 我最近和我的女儿Rachel重新取得了联系
[12:17] and I’ve learned that I have a beautiful granddaughter named Fiona. 我知道了我有一个漂亮的孙女叫Fiona
[12:21] Congratulations, Paul. 祝贺你 Paul
[12:24] My daughter is a drug addict. 我女儿是个瘾君子
[12:27] Or at least, she was. She says she’s clean now, 至少 她曾经是 她说她现在已经戒掉了
[12:29] but I have my suspicions. 但是我还有所疑虑
[12:32] If she is using again, then my granddaughter could be in danger. 如果她又开始吸毒 那么我的孙女可能就身处危险了
[12:36] My specialty isn’t family law. But what I know… 我的专业不是家庭法 但是我认识…
[12:39] No, no, you misunderstand. I don’t want your legal advice. 不不 你误解了 我不想要你的法律建议
[12:44] I want you to find out if my daughter is using drugs again. 我想让你找出我女儿是否又开始吸毒了
[12:50] Brad 如果说今年我学到了什么东西 Brad… if this year has taught me anything,
[12:53] it’s that you will get the job done by any means necessary. 那就是你会采用任何必要的手段 来完成工作
[13:01] I would never ask this of you unless it was essential. 若非需要 我永远也不会问你这个的
[13:12] Absolutely. I’ll do what I can. 当然 我会尽己所能
[13:30] What have you got? 想到了什么
[13:32] The 26th amendment. 第26修正案
[13:34] Karl Hauser was taking naked pictures of me, not denying me the vote. Karl Hauser拍了我的裸照 没有否定我的投票权
[13:38] The 26th amendment, which not only extended the right to vote to 18 year olds, 第26修正案 不仅把这投票权扩展到18岁的人
[13:41] but also persuaded the states to grant them status as adults, was ratified in 1971. 同时也说服国会承认他们成年人的资格 这是在1971年被批准的
[13:48] The photos were taken in 1966. Which, by the way, is my new favorite year. 而照片是在1966年拍摄的 顺便说一句 那是我现在最喜欢的年份
[13:54] And now mine as well. 也是我的
[13:57] I wasn’t 21 when I signed that agreement. 当签署这一协议是我还未满21岁
[13:59] I was legally a minor, and therefore can repudiate the contract. 法律上我是个未成年人 因此可以否认这个合约的合法性
[14:04] And I am an idiot. Why didn’t I think of this sooner? 我是个傻瓜 怎么没早想到这个
[14:07] I’m going to credit karma or Freud. 我会将其视为缘分或弗洛伊德式的东西
[14:09] Either way, it’s because I was destined to discover and revel 不管哪种 都注定了我会发现并且为你
[14:15] in the natural wonders of all that is you. 你身上所有的那些天然奇迹而欢呼
[14:34] Uh, excuse me. 抱歉
[14:36] I’m looking for some books on addiction and recovery. 我在寻找一些关于吸毒和痊愈的书
[14:39] Uh, yeah, they’re in the self-help section right over there. 它们在那边的自选书架
[14:42] Thanks. 谢谢
[14:44] Is there, you know, one book that’s better than the others? 这里 你知道哪本最好吗?
[14:50] This way. 这边请
[14:55] This one has some good advice on the early stages, 这本给了一些关于早期的很好的建议
[14:58] when you’re detoxing and… and all that wonderful stuff. 当你戒毒时…还有所有那些好的东西
[15:01] And, uh, this one is really good for that time rights after you’ve stopped. 这本适用于你刚停止的那段时间
[15:05] When you’re trying to figure out how to put your life back together. 当你试图让生活重回轨道时
[15:10] Well, you know a lot about this. 你知道的可真不少啊
[15:12] Well, clean five years, three months and seven days. 有五年三个月零七天没沾毒品了
[15:16] It’s hard, but when you’re ready, you can get there. 这很困难 但是一旦你准备好了 你就能做到
[15:19] Thanks. 谢谢
[15:20] Sure. 不客气
[15:22] Uh, what time do you get off work? 你什么时候下班
[15:26] Oh, I’m sorry. I’m not coming on to you. 抱歉 我没别的意思
[15:28] I was just hoping that we could talk some more. 我只是希望我们能更多的谈谈
[15:30] I’ve sort of run out of people to talk to. 我几乎找不到人可谈的了
[15:33] I get off at 7:00. 我7点下班
[15:35] Thanks. 谢谢
[15:36] Sure, I’m Rachel. 不客气 我叫Rachel
[15:38] I’m Brad. Nice to meet you. 我是Brad 很高兴认识你
[15:42] You’re buying those, right? 你要买下这些吗
[15:43] Oh, right, right. 是的
[15:54] I, uh, I hang sheetrock, mostly for industrial buildings. 我挂了石膏灰胶纸夹板 它们大部分是用于工业建筑的
[15:57] A craftsman. He works with his hands. Write that down. 一个工匠 他有一双巧手 记下来
[16:02] What else? 还有什么
[16:04] Oh, well, I live alone. Jamaica Plain. 我一个人住 牙买加风格的平房
[16:05] My ex-wife left me the house. 我前妻留给了我这座房子
[16:06] It’s not a bad neighborhood. But it does border one, 社区不坏 但相邻的社区不怎么样
[16:09] and it’s vulnerable because I have those old fashioned lever windows. 它容易被闯入 因为我还是用那些旧式的抬式窗户
[16:13] I can’t afford an alarm system. 我买不起一个警报系统
[16:14] I’ve been broken into four times in the last two years. 在过去两年里我的房子 四次被破门而入
[16:17] Drug addicts, they take everything. 瘾君子们 他们拿走了一切
[16:19] They took my TV, my bike my power tools, my guitar. 他们拿走了我的电视机 我的自行车 我的电力工具 我的吉他
[16:22] Musician. He writes the songs. 音乐家 他写歌
[16:28] Uh, but, uh, what finally did it for me was when 最让我恼火的是
[16:30] I was building an end table for my father 我在给爸爸做一张茶几
[16:32] for his television remote, his nebulizer 让他放遥控器 喷雾器
[16:34] ’cause he has, uh, some asthma. 因为他有哮喘
[16:37] And I’m halfway done, and some guy breaks into the house 我做了一半了 有一个人闯进房子里来
[16:39] and he.. and he steals my table saw. 他 他偷走了我的茶几锯子
[16:41] My table saw! 我的茶几锯
[16:42] I mean, that was it. That’s… that was all I could take. 我是说 就是这样 这就是我所能做的
[16:45] I’m not into guns. 我不会用枪的
[16:47] Don’t write that down. 这个别记
[16:49] But I, uh, I knew that I… I had to do something. 但是 我知道 我得做些事情
[16:52] So that’s when I rigged up my little system. 所以我设置了我的小装置
[16:54] You know, just a little jolt, you know, send them a little shock. 只是一点小电流 吓一吓他们
[16:57] Tell us what happened that night. You were at home? 告诉我那晚发生了什么 你在家吗
[16:59] Yeah, I was awake, actually. 是的 事实上 我醒着呢
[17:00] Um, I was putting some dishes away in the dishwasher. 我在把一些餐碟放进洗碗机
[17:03] And I heard some noise on the porch. 我听见阳台上有响动
[17:05] And I thought, here we go, this is it. 我在想 来了
[17:07] So I moved into the living room. 所以我走进了卧室
[17:08] So you saw him? 你看见他了吗
[17:09] Yeah, he was looking right through the window. 是的 他就从那扇窗户里往里看
[17:10] He’s a big wetback, you know? 他是个大湿背 (wetback湿背人 尤指进入美国的墨西哥人)
[17:12] Latino. 拉丁美洲人
[17:13] Drug addict, I, He was completely high. 瘾君子 他很亢奋
[17:15] I could see it in his eyes even from inside the house. 就算在房子里我也可以 从他的眼睛里看出来
[17:19] And then what happened? 然后发生了什么呢
[17:20] Well, he… he starts for the window. 他 他开始动窗户
[17:22] Now I don’t know if you’ve ever seen anyone on crystal meth 我不知道你是否见过 嗑crystal meth(冰毒)的人
[17:24] or acid or, I don’t know, whatever this guy was on. 或者迷幻药 我不知道 不管怎样那家伙正在兴头上
[17:27] But, you know, they’re big and they’re ugly. 但是 你知道他们很壮很脏
[17:29] And they feel like they’re invincible. 他们感觉自己是无敌的
[17:32] So, he… he starts trying to pry open the window 他 他开始试图打开那扇窗户
[17:34] with a screwdriver or something. 用一把螺丝起子或别的东西
[17:39] and, uh… you know, that was it. 然后 就是那样
[17:43] The electricity went up the screwdriver into his body. 电流顺着螺丝起子流进了他的身体
[17:46] He… he completed the circuit. 他 他形成了闭路
[17:48] Sound horrible. 真恐怖
[17:49] Honestly, you know, it wasn’t. 老实说 不是的
[17:51] I mean, watching this guy. 我是说 看看这个家伙
[17:52] It was, it was like watching every guy who broke into my house 就像是看到多年来
[17:55] over the years and took from me, stole my stuff. 每一个闯入我的房子 偷走我的东西的家伙
[17:58] I mean, he was just getting what he deserved, right? 我是指 他受到了应有的惩罚 不是吗
[18:02] Let me tell you the most unbelievable thing. 让我告诉你 最难以置信的是
[18:04] Did you know that when you get electrocuted, 当你触电时
[18:06] you know, your blood literally boils? 你的血液事实上会沸腾
[18:08] Right inside the veins. 就在血管里
[18:09] That’s how the electricity flows through your body, 电流就这样流过你的身体
[18:11] through you veins! 通过你的血管
[18:12] And so here’s this guy. He’s a wetback. 就像当时这个家伙 这个湿背
[18:15] But I could see his veins are glowing through his skin 但是我看得到他的血管在皮肤下闪耀
[18:19] as he was being charred from the inside out. 当他被彻底击中时
[18:22] And I… I could smell his flesh burning. 我 我能够闻到他的肉在燃烧
[18:24] Which was weird. It smelled like a… a roast. 很奇怪 闻上去就像是一块烤肉
[18:27] A well deserved, cooked roast. 一块精心制作的烤肉
[18:31] That’s when I, You know. Finally turned off the electricity, 这就是当我最终把电关掉后
[18:34] when he was good and done. 他完蛋了的样子
[18:52] Well, so much for putting our hero on the stand. 让我们的英雄上庭不太好吧
[18:53] Oh, he’s on the stand, all right. 他已经在准备上庭了 没事
[18:56] Denny, with all due respect, Denny 恰当的说
[18:58] the man was practically wearing a bib with a knife 当他讲故事的时候
[19:00] and a fork in each hand as he was telling that story. 他就像围着餐巾手里拿着刀叉一样
[19:02] Denise, never give up an option. Denise 永远别放弃可能性
[19:04] The man was alit with passion, the kind of passion that moves juries. 这个男人充满了激情 这种激情能够感动陪审团
[19:08] So? 那么
[19:08] So he tell the story, not necessarily all his story, 让他讲故事 但不是他故事的全部
[19:12] but the part we want to tell. 只是我们想要讲的那部分
[19:13] We’re the ones creating the narrative. 我们是故事创造者
[19:31] Are you kidding? 你在开玩笑吧
[19:33] Were you kidding about wanting to get straight? 难道你说想深入了解是开玩笑的?
[19:35] No. 不
[19:43] Thank you, Patrick, and keep coming back, buddy. 谢谢你 Patrick 经常回来 朋友
[19:46] Um, are there any other new members here today? 今天有新成员吗
[19:52] Brad… would you like to share? Brad 你想和我们分享点什么吗
[19:55] Uh, no. I’m new. 噢 不 我是新来的
[19:57] It’ll make you feel better. 这会让你感觉好些
[20:00] Right, uh… 好的
[20:05] Hi, uh… 嗨 呃…
[20:07] Say your name. 说说你的名字
[20:10] I’m Brad. I’m a drug addict. 我是Brad 我是个瘾君子
[20:12] Hi, Brad. 嗨 Brad
[20:14] Um, I’m not used to talking in public. 我不太习惯在公众说话
[20:16] Well, actually, I am, just not talking about myself. 事实上 我只是不太会谈论我自己
[20:24] Wow. you’re just going to let me keep going. Okay. 你们要我继续下去 好吧
[20:29] I was in the marine corps during the first Gulf War, operation Desert Storm. 我第一次海湾战争沙漠风暴行动时 在海军服役
[20:34] February 24, 1991. I was a Lieutenant in second reconnaissance battalion 1911年2月24日 我是第二侦查营的一个上尉
[20:39] of the first marine expeditionary force. 在第一海军远征队中
[20:41] Under enemy mortar, artillery and small arms fire, 冒着敌人的迫击炮 炮火 还有小型轻武器
[20:44] we breached minefields, trenches, barbed wire and disabled six enemy divisions. 我们突破了雷区 壕沟 带刺铁丝网 还歼灭了六个敌师
[20:49] By the morning of the 28th, 在28日造成
[20:50] from a hundred hours after the ground operations had begun, 在军事行动开始100个小时后
[20:53] our coalition forces had destroyed 42 enemy divisions. 我们的联合部队歼灭了42个敌师
[20:56] That’s the bulk of the Iraqi army in the Kuwaiti theater of operations. 这就是在科威特战场的大部分伊拉克军队
[21:05] So then I started using drugs. 然后我开始了吸毒
[21:22] Denny, you’re shiny… Denny 你很耀眼
[21:25] and in a wedge. 锲型梯队
[21:26] My team, Alan. 我的团队 Alan
[21:27] I’m back and I’m feeling it. 我回来了 我在感受
[21:30] I’ve realized a truth about myself. 我认识到了关于自己的一个事实
[21:32] I just love… power. 我很喜欢…权力
[21:36] Well, it seems to have a thing for you as well. 看起来也给你找了点事做
[21:39] It’s m natural state. It’s my homeostasis. 这是我的自然法则 动态平衡
[21:41] Don’t read anything into that remark. 别误解我的话
[21:43] I already did. 已经误解了
[21:50] God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, 上帝 让我平静的接受我 不能改变的事物吧
[21:55] the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference. 给我改变我能够改变的事物的勇气 并给我了解其中区别的智慧
[22:00] It works if you work it. So work it! 如果你努力就管用 所以努力吧
[22:03] See you soon. 一会见
[22:19] That was a nice story. 这是个好故事
[22:21] Uh… thanks. 谢谢
[22:23] Too bad it was a lie. 可惜这是个谎言 太糟了
[22:26] I won the war, then started using? 我赢得了战争 然后开始吸毒?
[22:29] I’ve been coming to these meetings every day for five years. 五年来我每天都来参加聚会
[22:31] If you didn’t want to share your problems, you should’ve just passed. 如果你不想分享你的问题 你可以直接跳过去
[22:35] Oh, sharing’s not really my thing. 分享确实不是我的习惯
[22:38] It’s probably just how I was raised. 可能在于我被抚养的方式
[22:41] Doesn’t mean you can’t change. I was raised the same way. 并不意味着你不能改变 我也是这样被抚养长大的
[22:44] Really? 真的吗
[22:44] Yeah, my mother was warm, 是的 我的妈妈很热情
[22:45] but my father kept every emotion tightly tucked away in his suit pocket. 但是爸爸总是把感情严密 的隐藏在西装口袋里
[22:51] Right next to his watch. 在他手表旁
[22:53] It’s not always that easy to open up. 显露感情不是总那么容易的
[22:54] Ah, but it is. You just say what’s on your mind. 但是确实 你想到什么就说什么
[22:58] Instead, my dad… always the attorney. 相反 我爸爸 总是端律师的架子
[23:00] He’d just sit back and play little games. 他不会采取行动 只是玩些小把戏
[23:02] You know, letting out information with his obtuse questions. 用他的蠢问题来打探信息
[23:06] And on the rare occasion when he would open up and talk to me, 很少见的情况下 他会敞开心扉和我交谈
[23:09] he wasn’t happy unless I told him what he wanted to hear. 在直到我说了他想听的东西 之前他是不会开心的
[23:13] You know, being him… 你知道 像他一样生活…
[23:15] I think it’s a hard way to live. 我想非常的困难
[23:17] I’m sorry. 我很抱歉
[23:21] And I’m sorry. 抱歉
[23:24] Well, buy me a cup of coffee and I might forgive you. 给我买杯咖啡吧 也许我会原谅你
[23:27] Great. 好啊
[23:37] And therefore, at age 19, Ms. Schmidt was, in fact, a minor. 所以 19岁的Schmidt女士实际 上是个未成年人
[23:41] There was no parental consent here, 这里没有父母的许可证明
[23:43] So, in essence, your husband was illegally taking nude photographs of an underage girl. 所以实质上你丈夫违法给 一个未成年少女照了裸照
[23:50] You make a legitimate argument, Mr. Shore. Shore先生 你的辩解合理合法
[23:51] Not my favorite kind, but I’m glad to play for that team when necessary. 我不喜欢这样 但是在需要时我还是很乐意这么做
[23:55] And you could certainly take us to court and fight this battle with that argument. 你当然可以闹上法庭 用那个理由来打这场官司
[23:58] We will if we have to. 如果需要我们会奉陪
[23:59] However, I believe our goal was to get these photos out of the public eye. 但是 我想我们的目标在于 不要让那些照片公之于众
[24:03] I’m afraid with a court battle, a very public court battle, 我恐怕一次官司 一场非常公开的官司
[24:06] these photos could find their way to the press. 会使那些照片流入媒体
[24:08] Before that could happen, of course, we’d ask the court to seal all exhibits 在它发生前 我们当然会要求法庭封锁它们
[24:12] and issue an appropriate gag order to prevent disclosure. 签发一张合适的封锁令来阻止泄密
[24:14] And you’d win, but you know what? 你会赢的 但你知道吗
[24:16] Thanks to the internet, winning doesn’t matter anymore. 感谢网络 赢得官司不再重要了
[24:18] These photos could somehow find their way onto the web, 那些照片会以某种渠道流向网络
[24:21] then all around the world, and then where would you be? 然后传播到全世界 然后你将无处容身
[24:26] Marguerite Marguerite.
[24:35] Marguerite Marguerite.
[24:40] Oh, I’ll be right out. 我马上出去
[24:43] Alan Alan.
[24:56] I’m sorry. 我很抱歉
[24:59] Thank you. 谢谢
[25:01] Marguerite Marguerite…
[25:05] Those pictures… 那些照片
[25:08] I have grandchildren. The thought of them seeing those photographs… 我有孙儿 一想到让他们看到那些照片….
[25:15] I understand. 我理解
[25:20] I’m sorry. 我很抱歉
[25:32] Your honor, Mr. Dominguez’s prior burglary convictions 法官大人 Dominguez先生 早期入室行窃的前科
[25:35] and history of drug abuse have no bearing on whether 和他的吸毒史
[25:37] the defendant improperly electrified his home. 与被告不恰当地使他的房子通电无关
[25:39] Nonsense. This felon was higher than a kite when he got zapped. 胡说 这个恶人罪有应得
[25:43] He has six prior convictions for larceny, burglary 他身负六项定罪 盗窃罪 入室行窃罪
[25:45] and grand theft auto. Of course it’s relevant. 盗窃成癖 这当然有关联
[25:48] The prejudicial effect of the victim’s prior criminal activity… 对受害者之前犯罪行为 所产生的偏见的影响力…
[25:50] Your honor, my client is a victim here. I don’t under… 法官大人 我的代理人是受害者 我不明白…
[25:52] Clearly outweighs 显然超过了
[25:53] any probative value such evidence would have for the jury. 陪审团面前的任何证据
[25:56] Enough. 够了
[25:56] Mr. Ginsberg is right. Ginnsberg先生是对的
[25:58] The evidence is highly prejudicial and will be barred at trial. 证据偏见性很严重 因此将被本庭禁止
[26:02] Mr. Crane, you may not bring up Mr. Dominguez’s prior bad acts Crane先生 你不得再次提起 Dominguez先生先前的犯罪行为
[26:07] unless the door to impeachment has been opened. 除非与本案有关
[26:13] Before answering any questions, 在回答任何问题之前
[26:15] I want to thank my client Miguel Dominguez for bravely agreeing to be here today. 我想感谢我的委托人 Miguel Dominguez 勇敢地答应今天来这
[26:20] Mr. Dominguez suffers from severe paralysis Dominguez忍受着严重的瘫痪
[26:24] and a host of other debilitating symptoms as the result of his electrocution. 还有其他一系列源于电击的后遗症
[26:28] Nevertheless, he is here today to stand up for all of us, 不过 他今天来到这面对我们大家
[26:32] to help in the fight to make our country a safer place, 来帮助我们国家成为 一个更安全的地方
[26:36] a place where citizens do not take the law into their own hands. 一个公民不会滥用私刑的地方
[26:41] Mr. Dominguez is an inspiration to his community. Dominguez先生是这场运动的先驱
[26:45] He is a hero. 他是一个英雄
[26:48] Thank you. 谢谢
[26:51] That bastard stole my story. 那混蛋窃取了我的故事
[27:05] What about branding? 要怎样的定位?
[27:06] I haven’t branded yet. 还没想好
[27:07] No branding? 不搞定位了?
[27:08] No, no, not. 不不还没好
[27:09] Denny Denny.
[27:10] Denny Denny.
[27:11] Denise Bauer Oh, uh, Denise Bauer.
[27:13] Candy Springtime, public relations. Candy Springtime 公共关系专家
[27:15] Hello. 你好
[27:16] Hi. 你好
[27:16] She’s with, uh, Sherling Thompson. 她和Sherling Thompson在一起
[27:18] The same, uh, public relations firm the government uses. So you know she’s good. 和政府聘请的公关公司是同一间 因此你知道她很棒
[27:22] Denise, we’re rolling out a new campaign to take back the story on Mr. Blayney. Denise 我们在策划一个新的宣传来 夺回我们的故事
[27:25] Ya… “Take back the story”? 夺回故事?
[27:27] Oh, Denny tells me that you haven’t branded him yet. Denny告诉我你还没给他定位
[27:30] So I took the initiative and created a brand. 所以我采取主动做了一个定位
[27:32] Russell Blayney, American Homeowner. Russell Blayney 美国私房主
[27:36] “American Homeowner”? 美国私房主?
[27:37] Simple. It’s to the point. 简单 正中主题
[27:38] And cozy. 惬意
[27:39] Say it for me, Denny. Press conference voice. 给我念念 Denny 用新闻发布会的声音
[27:42] Russell Blayney, American Homeowner. Russell Blayney 美国私房主
[27:43] Now wait a minute, wait a minute. 等会 等会
[27:45] American Homeowner, Russell Blayney. 美国私房主 Russell Blayney.
[27:47] See, it works both ways. Versatile. 看 两样都行 通用
[27:49] But do we really think that we need to label Mr. Blayney? 但是我们确实需要给Blayney先生贴标签吗
[27:54] Denny? Denny?
[27:56] Denise Rodney King Uh, Denise Rodney King. (四名白人警察因疯狂殴打超速行驶的 黑人青年Rodney King而被判无罪一案)
[27:59] Rodney King 十年前被警察很惨的欧打过 Rodney King, uh, severely beaten by the police over ten years ago.
[28:03] See, you remember, why? Branding. 你还记得 为何呢 就是定位
[28:05] They didn’t call him Rodney King… 他们不叫他Rodney King…
[28:07] wife beater, alcohol abuser, 虐妻人 酒鬼
[28:09] who swung a tire iron at a convenience store clerk. 用轮胎铁袭击便利店店员的人
[28:13] They called him Rodney King, motorist. Or motorist Rodney king. 他们叫他Rodney King 开车的 或开车的Rodney King
[28:16] Brings to mind images of a jaunty man in a riding hat and cap in a model T. 想象这幅图像 一个自信的人带着马帽 摆出T型姿势
[28:21] That’s what we want. Russell Blayney, American Homeowner. 这就是我们想要的 Russell Blayney美国私房主
[28:24] Not Russell Blayney eats them broiled, baked or fried. 不是Russell Blayney 煎炒煮炸
[28:28] But Rodney King was beaten. 但是Rodney King是被打的那一个
[28:29] Okay, now this is just a mock up. 好了 看这个仿制品
[28:32] Obviously, we will replace Jimmy Stewart with Mr. Blayney. 显然 我们要用 Blayney先生来 取代Jimmy Stewart(著名影星)
[28:36] But the banner can and should be behind you 但是条幅可以也应该在
[28:39] every press conference, Denny. 你每场新闻发布会后面放着 Denny
[28:41] Notice I used the same font as “Mission Accomplished”. 注意我用了和”任务完成”那种字体
[28:44] Americans are comfortable with that font. 美国人觉得那种字体舒服
[28:46] Now we will send B-Roll of Mr. Blayney to the press, 现在我们送一段Blayney 先生的B-ROLL给媒体 (B ROLL是一种随意的采访片段)
[28:49] working in his garage, using his table saw, 在他的车库里工作 使用他的茶几锯
[28:51] working with his power tools, fixing things around the house. 用他的工具箱 修理房子
[28:53] And as far as the talking points, keep it simple, Denny. 至于论点 保持简单 Denny
[28:57] Speak of the opposition as the drug crazed intruder, 与那个瘾君子小偷针锋相对
[29:01] the incident as the harrowing home invasion. 这场痛心的入室袭击案件
[29:03] Now I know you’re tight with Larry King. 我知道你和Larry King关系紧密
[29:05] But we are negotiating with “Nightline,” “Hardball” and “The Daily Show”. 但我们也要上”夜间新闻”” 硬碰硬”和”每日秀”
[29:12] That is where most Americans get their news. 这是美国人获取他们新闻的渠道
[29:19] There’s no way we’re gonna win this, is there? 我们没法赢它 可以吗
[29:20] Legally, yes, there is, as for accomplishing your goals, no. 法律上说 为了达成你的目标 没有
[29:24] But when you have occasion to ask for my help, Shirley. 但是每当你向我寻求帮助时 Shirley
[29:27] Typically, it’s not really legal help you’re looking for. 很明显 你不是在寻求法律途径解决
[29:30] I’ll assume this is no exception. 我想这也不例外
[29:32] Alan, I’ve already caused Marguerite Hauser as much pain as I care to. Alan 我已经让Marguerite受了许多痛苦
[29:35] I’ll leave the creativity to you, just don’t hurt her. 你发挥自己的创造力吧 但是不要伤害她
[29:41] America is under siege, not from Saddam or pro-terrorists, 美国在被围攻 不是萨达姆或恐怖分子
[29:46] but from namby pamby pro-burglary advocates 而是一些入室行窃的倡导者
[29:49] who want to strip us of the right to protect what’s ours. 他们企图剥夺我们保卫自己的权利
[29:53] That’s what our… 这就是我们
[29:55] Looks like Denny’s being Denny. 看起来Denny还是Denny
[29:57] He’s “creating the reality”. 他正在”创造事实”
[30:00] I doubt many people would want to live in Denny’s reality. 我怀疑很多人愿意活在Denny的事实里
[30:03] All I know is there are two rotten guys in this case, 我所知道的是这个案子里 双方都不是好人
[30:07] and both sides are trying to make theirs as the hero. 两方都设法使自己的委托人成为英雄
[30:10] If you’ve got a problem with this case, 如果你对这个案子有问题
[30:12] I suggest you talk to the guy whose name is on the door. 我建议你和那个名字写在门上的人谈谈
[30:15] I’m not naive, Paul. 我不幼稚 Paul
[30:16] I know this kind of manipulation goes on all the time. 我知道这种操纵一直都存在
[30:19] But I’m an attorney, not a spin doctor. 但是我是一个律师 不是政治顾问
[30:21] Oh, yes, you are. 是的你是
[30:23] We all are. 我们都是
[30:25] That’s what attorneys do… 这就是律师做的
[30:26] tell stories, create characters, 讲故事 塑造人物形象
[30:28] capture an audience, try them make them feel what we want them to feel. 抓住观众 试图让他们感觉到 我们想让他们感觉的东西
[30:33] That’s good lawyering. 好的律师就是这样子的
[30:35] Only these days, everybody’s trying to get in on our act… 但是这年代 每个人都想来找我们帮忙
[30:37] The government, the corporations. 政府 公司
[30:39] There are no facts anymore, kiddo. 不再有事实了 姑娘
[30:41] Only good or bad fiction. 只有好的或坏的虚构故事
[30:44] which story do you plan to sell the jury? 你打算向陪审团出售哪个故事
[30:48] Don’t you worry. 不用你担心
[30:49] This case will never go to trial. 这个案子永远也不会上法庭的
[31:00] Mr. Shore, with all due respect. Shore先生 请原谅我冒犯
[31:02] You are on our last nerve. 我们的耐性快到极限了
[31:04] You said you had an intriguing offer. 你说过你有个迷人的提议
[31:06] Get to it. 说吧
[31:07] Delighted. 很高兴
[31:08] First, how about we ask all the lawyers to leave the room? 首先 让我们要求所有的律师 离开这间屋子怎样
[31:12] You’re a lawyer. 你是个律师
[31:13] Okay. How about all the lawyers who aren’t me? 那就请所有不包括我的律师离开如何
[31:23] Here it is, then. 就是这样
[31:25] Simply put… it’s Shirley Schmidt. 很简单 这是Shirley Schmidt
[31:29] As much as I admire and respect her, 尽管我和崇拜和尊重她
[31:32] if I don’t resolve this case, 如果我不解决这个案子
[31:35] I’m afraid she’ll get nervous and fall back on old habits. 我恐怕她会神经紧张 又使用一些老习惯
[31:38] She’ll call in the old guard, one of the cronies in banking and finance, 她会找来她的一个在银行界 和金融界吃得开的老朋友
[31:42] someone who smells like old pipe smoke and hair tonic, 一个闻起来有烟斗和护发素味道的人
[31:44] someone with a florid nose from too many old fashioned at lunch down the street. 一个有着鲜红的鼻子 嗜好在街上享受旧式晚餐的人
[31:49] And this fella, whoever he is, will have friends. 而这个人 不管他是谁 会有朋友
[31:52] Friends who work in banks, who probably shouldn’t, 那些在银行工作的朋友 那些也许不应该这样做
[31:55] who don’t treat confidential information very confidentially. 那些保管机密信息的人
[31:58] And then, Marguerite, 那样 Marguerite
[31:59] the old crony will discover how deeply in debt you are. 她这个朋友会发现你债务缠身
[32:02] And once he learns this, 一旦他知道了
[32:04] my replacement will make a few phone calls, write a few letters 我的接替者会打几个电话 写几封信
[32:07] and seek out your husband’s most distant and forgotten relative. 寻找你丈夫最远最被遗忘的亲戚
[32:10] Perhaps a less fortunate cousin who always admired but could never afford 也许是一个不是很有钱但一直
[32:13] one of your husband’s beautiful artworks. 仰慕但负担不起你丈夫漂亮艺术品的侄子
[32:15] And my replacement will reach out to him and commiserate 我的替代者会找到他
[32:17] and convince him to contest your husband’s will. 怜悯他并说服他来和你争你丈夫的遗产
[32:20] At which point, your husband’s estate will be tied up. 不管怎样 你丈夫的资产会被冻结
[32:22] Well, it could be for years, decades, really. 那可能是几年 几十年事实上
[32:25] And if this replacement of mine turns out to be this fella 如果这个朋友替代了我
[32:28] I’m thinking of, it could get really ugly. 我想 可能就不太好看了
[32:32] For such a vague man, you’ve been extraordinarily clear, Mr. Shore. 对于你这样一个含糊不清的人 你说得够明白的了 Shore先生
[32:36] Yes, and here’s the thing. 是的 问题在于
[32:38] I just don’t like the way these people operate around here. It’s just not right. 我不喜欢这些人的行事方式 这不对
[32:43] These photographs are yours to do with what you please, 那些照片是你的 你随便怎样都可以
[32:46] and you should get a fair market price. 你也可以拿到一个公平市场价
[32:47] So, before I simply give up and call it a day… 所以 在我干脆放弃并和结束今天的谈话之前
[32:54] I’d like to ask you one question. 我想问你一个问题
[33:00] And what is that? 什么
[33:03] What is your price? 你开价多少
[33:20] Have you made contact with Rachel? 你和Rachel联系过了吗
[33:22] I did. I told her I was a drug addict. 我联系了 我告诉她我是一个瘾君子
[33:26] And? 然后呢
[33:27] She took me to a narcotics anonymous meeting, 她带我去了一个毒品的匿名集会
[33:29] told me that if I wanted to get clean, that I needed to work the program. 告诉我如果我想保持不再犯 我需要加入这个项目
[33:33] So, she’s no longer using? 她不再用药啦?
[33:35] No. She’s been clean for five years. 不 她已经戒了五年了
[33:38] I mean, she’s calm, rational, straightforward… 我是说 她镇定 理性 开诚布公
[33:41] very down to earth, as a matter of fact. 事实上 脚踏实地
[33:45] Fine. 很好
[33:47] Thank you, Brad. 谢谢你 Brad
[33:50] You know, Paul, for what it’s worth, Paul 重要的是
[33:52] she really wants to have a relationship with you. 她真的很重视和你的关系
[33:55] And I with her. 我也是
[33:56] And you know what might help? Is if you showed her a littlie faith. 你知道怎么比较好吗 就是你对她表现出一点信任
[34:00] She might pick up on that. 她也许会渐渐接受你
[34:02] I beg your pardon? 什么
[34:03] Well, she says that sometimes, you can be very… judgmental. 她说有时 你很挑剔 动辄指责人
[34:07] Brad while your efforts are fully appreciated, Brad 虽然很感谢你的努力帮助
[34:10] your advice to a father concerning his daughter is not. 但是并不包括你对一个 关心女儿的父亲的建议
[34:13] You have no idea the years I’ve spent dealing with my daughter’s illness. 你不知道这些年来我一直在处理女儿的病
[34:17] So it would behoove you to be more circumspect. 所以慎重点是应该的
[34:22] I’m sorry. That was over the line. 我很抱歉 我越线了
[34:26] But, I mean, Paul, the truth is you’ve got. Really, a hell of a daughter. 但是 我想说 Paul 你已得到了一个很棒的女儿
[34:29] She’s sweet, she’s beautiful, nothing rattles her. 她可人 她漂亮 没什么能让她惊慌的
[34:33] Even when she lost her ATM card… 即使她丢了她的ATM卡
[34:34] I would’ve panicked. But she was really cool. 作为我当然不会惊慌 但是她这样确实很酷
[34:37] What are you talking about? 你在说什么
[34:39] Oh, Rachel lost her ATM card. Rachel丢了她的ATM卡
[34:41] So I loaned her 40 bucks. 所以我借给了她40美元
[35:05] Dad. 爸爸
[35:06] I had a lunch meeting nearby. 我今天在附近有个午餐会
[35:09] Well, how very impromptu of you, and unusual. 很突然阿 满不寻常的
[35:12] Yes, well… people can change. 是的 人们会改变的
[35:17] Yes, they can. 是的 他们会
[35:21] Come on in. 进来
[35:26] Can I get you something to drink? 想喝点什么吗
[35:28] No, no, I… 不 我
[35:30] I thought I would take Fiona to the aquarium if that’s all right with you. 如果可以的话 我想带Fiona去水族馆
[35:34] Yeah, I… I pick her up from day care in 20 minutes. 好啊 我二十分钟后就去日托所接她
[35:36] Good, I’ll go with you. 好的 我和你一起去
[35:39] Sure. 当然
[35:45] May I use your bathroom? 我能用下你的洗手间吗
[35:47] Through there. 在那边
[36:32] You have a child. 你有个孩子
[36:36] A child! 一个孩子
[36:37] This is my house. 在我的房子里
[36:38] How long? 有多久了
[36:38] You came here and you set me up. 你来这设计我
[36:40] You will not ruin her. 你不能毁了她
[36:41] You have ruined everything 你已经毁了一切了
[36:42] and everyone you’ve ever come in contact with. 每个和你接触的人
[36:44] I hate you. 我恨你
[36:45] You will not do this to my granddaughter. 你不能这样对我的孙女
[36:47] I hate you. 我恨你
[36:49] You bastard! 你这个混蛋
[36:57] Is counsel prepared to begin voir dire? 律师准备好开始预先审查程序(voir dire)了吗 (voir dire 确认陪审员们是否是公平而兼听)
[37:00] We are, your honor. 我们好了 法官大人
[37:01] The commonwealth may begin. 本庭现在宣布开庭
[37:07] Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. I’m assistant district attorney Ginsberg. 下午好 女士们先生们 我是公诉人助手Ginsberg
[37:10] Now as we begin to pick our potential jury members, 当我们开始挑选我们的陪审团员时
[37:14] I just want to get to know a bit about you. 我想知道一点你的事情
[37:15] First off, by a show of hands, 首先 举手表决
[37:18] how many of you have heard about this case on the news? 你们有多少人听过这个案子的新闻
[37:22] I see. 知道了
[37:23] And how many of you have seen opposing counsel Denny crane on the news? 你们有多少人在新闻中见过 反方辩护律师Denny Crane
[37:32] Juror number seven, can you tell us what opinions you’ve formed? 7号陪审员 你能告诉我你有什么观点吗
[37:35] I think people should be allowed to defend their homes. 我想人们应该被允许保卫他们的家园
[37:38] Like Mr. Crane said, if the guy didn’t want to get hurt, 就像Crane先生说的 如果那个家伙不想受伤
[37:41] he shouldn’t have been robbing anyone. 就不应该去抢劫别人
[37:43] Commonwealth challenges juror number seven for cause. 联邦向7号陪审员询问理由
[37:46] No objection, your honor. 无异议 法官大人
[37:47] Juror number seven, you are excused. 7号陪审员 你被准许回答
[37:51] I’ve worked hard to become an American Homeowner. 我工作很努力来成为一名美国私房主
[37:53] If the guy tried to break into my place 如果这个家伙试图闯入我的领地
[37:55] I’d do the same thing. 我会做同样的事
[37:56] I’d want to kill the son of a bitch. 我会杀了这个婊子养的
[37:57] It’s my right as an American Homeowner. 这是我作为一名美国私房主的权利
[37:59] I may live in an apartment, but I still consider myselfan American Homeowner. 我会住在公寓里 但我仍考虑成为一名美国私房主
[38:03] American homeowner. 美国私房主
[38:04] American homeowner. 美国私房主
[38:05] American homeowner. 美国私房主
[38:07] American homeowner. 美国私房主
[38:08] God bless America. 上帝保佑美国
[38:10] Your honor, with his television appearances and theatrics, 法官大人 鉴于他在电视上的曝光和作秀
[38:13] Mr. Crane has tainted the jury pool to such an extent Crane先生影响陪审团到了这个程度
[38:15] that the commonwealth moves for a change of venue. 以至于联邦得更换审讯地点
[38:18] Denied, Mr. Ginsberg. 否决 Ginsberg先生
[38:20] You both have manipulated the media coverage of this case, 你们两个都利用媒体报道了这个案子
[38:24] only Mr. Crane has done a better job of it. 只是Crane先生做得更好些
[38:27] You will play in the sandbox that you built. 你们自己选择了这样做 那么就要遵守游戏规则
[38:43] Shirley, Blondie, join me. Shirley 金发女孩 过来
[38:48] I’m happy to inform you there’s going to be a plea bargain 我很高兴通知你 就美国私房主这一个案件
[38:51] in the American Homeowner case. 将有一场辩诉交易
[38:52] How do you know? 你怎么知道的
[38:54] Today, my office has indicted city councilman Adam Patrick 今天 我的事务所已经起诉了 市议员Adam Patrick
[38:58] on charges of accepting bribes and illegal campaign contributions. 指控他接受贿赂和非法竞选捐助
[39:02] He has agreed to surrender at his arraignment. 他同意在传讯时放弃
[39:05] He’s changing the narrative. We’re yesterday’s news. 他改变焦点了 我们变成明日黄花了
[39:08] You got to hand it to him. The guy’s good. 你得为他鼓掌 那个家伙做得不错
[39:10] He’s creating his next reality. 他在编造他的下一个”事实”
[39:11] I wonder what he’s gonna put on the table. 我在想他将会怎么处理
[39:13] No jail time. 不用蹲监狱了
[39:14] How can you be so sure? 你怎么如此肯定呢
[39:16] Years of experience. 多年的经验
[39:17] And he called a half an hour ago. 他一个小时前也来了电话
[39:27] What are you going to do with those? 你想怎么处置那些照片?
[39:30] I haven’t decided. 我还没有决定呢
[39:32] You know the one where you’re not quite sure what you’re looking at, 你知道有时候你不知道 你在看的那张是什么
[39:36] then you take a step back and realize what it is? 然后退后点却认识到了那是什么
[39:40] That one may be going in the powder room. 我会把它挂在化妆间
[39:42] Alan Alan…
[39:42] Tell you what… I’ll leave them to you when I die. 告诉你 我死后将把它们留给你
[39:46] As things stand, I’m quite sure I’ll pass on before you. 照现状看 我很确定我会比你早死
[39:49] Show those pictures to anyone, and I’ll see to it myself. 你给别人看那些照片的话 我会亲自解决你
[39:53] Shirley, I have no intention of sharing those with anyone. Shirley 我不打算和任何人分享它们
[39:56] I’m keeping you all to myself. I give you my word. 我将自己享受 一言为定
[40:01] You’re one of the few people for whom I know that to be true. 在我认识的为数不多的律师中 你是说话算话的其中一个
[40:06] Thank you. 谢谢
[40:09] No, thank you. 不 谢谢你
[40:29] I understand congratulations are in order. 看来该祝贺啊
[40:31] Never lost, never will. 从没输过 永远不会
[40:36] I may not be the Denny Crane I once was, 我也许不再是以前的Denny Crane了
[40:38] but until today, I didn’t realize 但是直到今天 我才意识到
[40:40] that this Denny Crane might be even better. 这个Denny Crane 可能更好
[40:43] Opposing lawyers everywhere are quaking in their custom fitted shoes. 任何地方的反方律师对着你 都会如履薄冰
[40:47] Damn right, they are. So who cares if she… 确实 他们是 所以谁在乎呢 就算她…
[40:52] Who cares… 谁在乎
[40:55] You’re still upset about Bev. 你还是因为Bev而沮丧
[40:56] What I don’t understand is, 我不明白的是
[40:58] I was married to one of my wives for five years, 我曾和其中的一个妻子结婚五年
[41:00] got over her in a day. 一天就忘了她了
[41:02] Bev and I were married for three hours, and yet… Bev和我才结婚了3个小时 但…
[41:06] And yet? 但还是?
[41:08] Do you know that I even have memories of her that aren’t sexual? 知道吗 我甚至记得有关她非性方面的事
[41:13] I’m sure you do. 我确定你是的
[41:15] I miss her. 我想念她
[41:18] I miss her. 我想念她
[41:22] Well, are the rumors true? 那么 那些流言是真的吗?
[41:24] You have naked photos of Shirley? 你有Shirley的裸照?
[41:27] Ah, come on. What’s the big deal? 噢 别这样 有什么大不了的?
[41:31] I’ve had naked photos of Shirley for years. 我藏了Shirley的裸照好多年了
[41:41] Denny, she’s asleep in all these. Denny 这些她都在睡觉
[41:44] Here’s one where she woke up. 这是她醒来的一张
[41:48] Have you ever seen a beautiful, naked woman look that angry? 你看过一个漂亮的裸体女人如此愤怒吗?
波士顿法律

Post navigation

Previous Post: 波士顿法律(Boston Legal)第2季第17集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
Next Post: 波士顿法律(Boston Legal)第2季第19集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Archives

  • July 2024
  • June 2024

Categories

  • 1931年
  • 1939年
  • 1941年
  • 1942年
  • 1943年
  • 1944年
  • 1948年
  • 1952年
  • 1953年
  • 1954年
  • 1955年
  • 1956年
  • 1957年
  • 1958年
  • 1959年
  • 1960年
  • 1961年
  • 1962年
  • 1963年
  • 1964年
  • 1966年
  • 1967年
  • 1968年
  • 1969年
  • 1970年
  • 1971年
  • 1972年
  • 1973年
  • 1974年
  • 1975年
  • 1976年
  • 1977年
  • 1978年
  • 1979年
  • 1980年
  • 1981年
  • 1982年
  • 1983年
  • 1984年
  • 1985年
  • 1986年
  • 1987年
  • 1988年
  • 1989年
  • 1990年
  • 1991年
  • 1992年
  • 1993年
  • 1994年
  • 1995年
  • 1996年
  • 1997年
  • 1998年
  • 1999年
  • 2000年
  • 2001年
  • 2002年
  • 2003年
  • 2004年
  • 2005年
  • 2006年
  • 2007年
  • 2008年
  • 2009年
  • 2010年
  • 2011年
  • 2012年
  • 2013年
  • 2014年
  • 2015年
  • 2016年
  • 2017年
  • 2018年
  • 2019年
  • 2020年
  • 2021年
  • 2022年
  • 2023年
  • 2024年
  • barui
  • Uncategorized
  • 一切安好
  • 中央公园
  • 亢奋
  • 亿万
  • 传世
  • 兄弟连
  • 克拉丽丝
  • 克拉克森的农场
  • 内裤队长
  • 副警长
  • 十字剑
  • 博斯
  • 卡特特工
  • 双城之战
  • 发展受阻
  • 叶卡捷琳娜大帝
  • 哈哈大校
  • 坏法官
  • 坏老师
  • 基本演绎法
  • 大城小妞
  • 大学生费莉希蒂
  • 大神偷卡门
  • 大西洋帝国
  • 天使在美国
  • 娃娃脸
  • 小小安妮
  • 小谎大事
  • 少年间谍亚历克斯
  • 布里奇顿
  • 幻灭
  • 废柴联盟
  • 康斯坦丁
  • 开心汉堡店
  • 德古拉
  • 德里女孩
  • 怒呛人生
  • 恋爱挑战书
  • 惊异传奇
  • 惊悚50州
  • 意乱情迷
  • 成瘾剂量
  • 我为喜剧狂
  • 找寻自我
  • 摩斯探长前传
  • 教师情事
  • 敢不敢挑战我
  • 新成长的烦恼
  • 日常谜团
  • 明日传奇
  • 星际之门亚特兰蒂斯
  • 更美好的事
  • 末日巡逻队
  • 杀无赦
  • 柏林谍影
  • 死亡医师
  • 比弗利娇妻
  • 波士顿法律
  • 火线警告
  • 灵书妙探
  • 犯罪心理
  • 犯罪现场调查·拉斯维加斯
  • 犯罪现场调查·纽约篇
  • 犯罪现场调查迈阿密
  • 狂欢命案
  • 狄金森
  • 狗狗博客
  • 生活
  • 生活大爆炸
  • 眼见为虚
  • 破产姐妹
  • 破发点大满贯之路
  • 神烦警探
  • 红粉联盟
  • 绝命律师
  • 绝命毒师
  • 绝望的主妇
  • 绿箭侠
  • 罪恶黑名单
  • 美国众神
  • 美国恐怖故事
  • 美国罪案故事
  • 美女上错身
  • 美式主妇
  • 脆莓公园
  • 致命陷阱
  • 艾米丽在巴黎
  • 芝加哥急救
  • 芝加哥烈焰
  • 芝加哥警署
  • 蛇蝎女佣
  • 贴身保镖
  • 达芬奇的恶魔
  • 迷失
  • 逃离丹尼莫拉
  • 逝者之证
  • 郊狼
  • 金牌律师
  • 铁证悬案
  • 随性所欲
  • 零异频道
  • 马男波杰克
  • 鲍勃心动
  • 麻木不仁
  • 黑吃黑
  • 黑帆
  • 黑暗救赎
  • 黑色星期一

Copyright © 2025 英美剧电影台词站.

Powered by PressBook WordPress theme