时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:17] | That is some fine South of the border Schmidt. | 你的曲线真是美 |
[00:21] | Ivan? Ivan? | |
[00:22] | Take me back Shirley, that’s all I ask. | 我们和好吧 Shirley 这是我全部的要求 |
[00:24] | You came here to ask me to take you back? | 你来这就是要求我和你和好? |
[00:26] | No actually, I’m getting married. | 不完全是 我要结婚了 |
[00:28] | But if you were to take me back. | 但是如果你要和我和好的话…… |
[00:30] | Married? Ivan, no, we talked about this. | 结婚?Ivan 不 我们讨论过这个 |
[00:32] | This time It’s real, Shirley. I feel it deep down to my… | 这次是真的 Shirley 我感到这次我是真的陷下去了 |
[00:35] | Bone, I’m sure. | 噢 我肯定 |
[00:37] | She’s funny, she’s smart. She’s practically you, | 她很有趣 很聪明 她简直就是你 |
[00:39] | just a much younger model. | 只是更年轻的你 |
[00:41] | Aw, that’s sweet. | 噢 很好啊 |
[00:42] | Shirley | Shirley, |
[00:45] | I’d like you to be best man. | 我想要你做伴郎 |
[00:48] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[00:49] | If a man wants his closest friend to be his best man he should have it. | 如果一个男人想要他最亲密的朋友做伴郎 他应该得到这些 |
[00:53] | Stand by my side Shirley. | 帮帮我 Shirley |
[00:54] | I want you to give me away. It’s only right. | 我想要你把我交给新娘 就这样 |
[00:59] | Uh, first of all you raise several issues. | 呃 首先 有几个问题 |
[01:03] | The first is that the best man doesn’tgive the groom away. | 第一是在举行婚礼时通常是把新娘交给新郎 |
[01:06] | The second is that you and I used to be married | 第二是你和我曾经结过婚 |
[01:09] | and the third is I’m not a man. | 第三 我不是男人 |
[01:14] | As trustee for my heart for twenty-five plus years… | 作为我的心灵25年多的信托人 |
[01:17] | We were only married for four. | 我们只结婚了四年 |
[01:18] | I have only known two great loves in my life. | 我的一生中只有两段伟大爱情 |
[01:21] | You. And now Missy. | 你 和现在的Missy |
[01:22] | Okay. As far as our great love goes, you strayed during our honeymoon. | 好吧 拿我们伟大的爱情来说吧 你曾在我们蜜月期间乱搞 |
[01:27] | And let’s not even discuss the name Missy, is she a pony? | 更不要提起Missy这个名字了 难道是一匹小马? |
[01:34] | Be my best man. | 做我的伴郎 |
[02:18] | So why not do it? Be in his wedding. | 为什么不这么做?出现在他的婚礼上 |
[02:22] | An ex-wife as a best man? Come on, Paul. | 前妻做伴郎? 得了吧 Paul! |
[02:25] | But if you’re as close as you say, and the fiance is okay with it. | 但是如果像你说得那样关系亲密 而且那个未婚妻不会介意的话 |
[02:29] | There’s also a rehearsal dinner. He wants me there at that. | 还有一场预演宴席 他想要我出席 (结婚前一天伴郎伴娘证婚人等为婚礼 排练预演完后请他们吃饭) |
[02:33] | All I know is when someone asks you to be in his wedding… | 我所知道的是有人邀请你参加婚礼…… |
[02:36] | How many has he had? | 他能够有多少次婚礼啊? |
[02:38] | This one will be number six. | 这是第六次 |
[02:40] | So thanks again for the worryin’ and waitin’ | (再次感谢 对我的关心和等待) So thanks again for the worryin’ and waitin’ |
[02:40] | Oh. | 噢 |
[02:46] | When I started datin’ on weekend nights | (在我周末晚上 情窦初开) When I started datin’ on weekend nights |
[02:52] | And thanks again for the help with my homework | (再次感谢 对我功课的关怀) And thanks again for the help with my homework |
[02:58] | And sittin’ up with me till I got it right | (陪伴我身旁 面对难题挑战) And sittin’ up with me till I got it right |
[03:03] | Your car for the prom, your letters in ‘Nam | (载我去舞会 从越南寄回的邮件) Your car for the prom, your letters in ‘Nam |
[03:10] | But most of all, Daddy, for marryin’ Mom | (重要的是 爸爸 娶了妈妈) But most of all, Daddy, for marryin’ Mom |
[03:17] | To my beautiful life long friends | (在我美好的一生中 做我的伙伴) To my beautiful life long friends |
[03:24] | Hey, Mom and Daddy thanks again. | (嗨 妈妈爸爸 让我再次感谢你们) Hey, Mom and Daddy thanks again. |
[03:35] | Sweet song. | 好歌 |
[03:38] | Even if I did do it… | 就算我答应了…… |
[03:42] | Paul? Are you okay? | Paul 你还好吗? |
[03:46] | Yeah. Yeah. I’m just a sap when it comes to sentimental songs. | 没事 没事 我只是听到动情的歌曲会呆住 |
[03:53] | If she sings, You light up my life I’ll be on the floor. | 她怎么不唱 你照亮我的人生 让我一路前行 |
[03:57] | Where were we? | 我们谈到哪了? |
[03:59] | I was obsessing about my ex-husbands nuptuials. | 我在为我前夫的婚姻而烦恼 |
[04:05] | How’s your daughter by the way? | 对了 你女儿怎样了? |
[04:09] | Rachel, right? | 叫Rachel吧? |
[04:19] | Alzheimers was her worst fear. | 阿兹海默症(老年痴呆)是她最大的恐惧 |
[04:23] | She had gotten to the point where she was forgetting, | 当发病时她开始遗忘 |
[04:27] | and she was losing control of her body. | 并且对自己的身体失去了控制 |
[04:30] | And she begged me to help her do it. | 她求我帮助她 |
[04:33] | And I complied. | 我答应了 |
[04:36] | How did you comply? | 你如何答应的? |
[04:37] | We had hired a nurse who had previously worked at a hospice for dying patients | 我们雇了一个护士 她先前在濒危病人室工作过 |
[04:42] | and she was familiar with setting up morphine drips, | 她还对注射吗啡很熟练 |
[04:45] | and I persuaded her to set one for us | 我们劝她为我们注射吗啡 |
[04:48] | in case pain management ever became an issue. | 以备缓解疼痛之需 |
[04:53] | And you increased the drip to cause your wife’s death? | 然后你加大注射量 造成妻子死亡? |
[04:56] | Yes. My lawyer is recommending that I plead to manslaughter | 是的 我的律师建议我承认过失杀人 |
[05:00] | but I simply cannot bring myself to do that. I am not a criminal. | 但是我不可能做那些事 我不是罪犯 |
[05:05] | If you agree to take over, I think that you should just jump right in. | 如果你同意接管 我认为正是时候 |
[05:10] | The case is not very complicated, and according to our jury consultants, | 案情并不复杂 而且根据陪审团调查结果 |
[05:15] | we have a very sympathetic group impaneled. | 我们赢得了很多陪审员的同情 |
[05:18] | Well, if you’re serious about moving forward immediately, | 呃 如果你想尽快取得进展的话 |
[05:22] | then I would advise you to stay with your current lawyer. | 我建议你还是用你现在的律师比较好 |
[05:25] | Well, he doesn’t think that he can win it. | 唉 他没有把握赢这场官司 |
[05:28] | And various people are telling me that you can. | 很多人告诉我你可以赢 |
[05:57] | How we doing? | 你怎么了? |
[06:03] | It was as if that song was pointed right at my head. | 好像那首歌还在我脑海中回荡 |
[06:06] | I did her homework with her, drove her to the prom, | 我陪她做作业 我送她去学校舞会 |
[06:10] | all the nights I waited up. | 每晚都等她回家 |
[06:13] | What happened? | 发生什么事? |
[06:14] | She basically stole from me. | 她根本就在偷我的钱 |
[06:16] | How? | 如何偷? |
[06:17] | You name it. | 你能想到的 |
[06:18] | She’d feign problems with rent. Her health. Credit card debt. | 她捏造各种各样的理由 租金 医疗 信用卡欠款 |
[06:21] | She’d invent all kinds of crisis to impel me to write a check, | 她制造了各种各样的危机来迫使我给她开支票 |
[06:24] | the proceeds of which would always go to feed her drug habit. | 这些钱最后都是满足了她的毒瘾 |
[06:28] | The last straw, I got her in a program, | 最后一次 我把她送到戒毒所 高级的那种 |
[06:30] | an exclusive one, I told her if she left she was cut off. | 我告诉她 如果她离开 我就中止对她的援助 |
[06:34] | She left? | 她离开了? |
[06:36] | We had a fight. I haven’t spoken to her since. | 我们吵了一架 从此我再没有跟她说过话 |
[06:41] | That was seven years ago. | 那是七年前的事了 |
[06:45] | You should go see her. | 你应该去看她 |
[06:50] | let’s list all the reason not to and put them under column A. | 让我们列出所有不去的原因 放在A栏下 |
[06:55] | And column B? | 那B栏是什么? |
[06:59] | She’s your daughter. | 她是你的女儿 |
[07:07] | Denny Crane. No comment. | Denny Crane 无可奉告 |
[07:10] | The blind shall lead, only in America. | 盲人该带头(The blind shall lead) 只在美国 |
[07:14] | Denny Crane | Denny Crane. |
[07:18] | I’ll ask for a continuance if they wont. | 我请求延期审理 |
[07:20] | On grounds They’re not ready? | 理由是他们没有准备好? |
[07:21] | Your Honor. This is a tactic. | 法官阁下 这是一种战术 |
[07:23] | Mr Shore figures to lose at trial… | Shore先生好像表示出要输掉官司了 |
[07:25] | I rarely lose. And certainly not to you. | 我难得输 尤其不输给你 |
[07:27] | So what he’s obviously trying to do here is pile on as many grounds | 所以他现在明显是在堆砌理由来尽量上诉 |
[07:31] | for appeal as possible, including it seems, inadequate counsel. | 包括不恰当的提议 |
[07:35] | Do you two have prior relationship? | 你们两人之前很熟? |
[07:37] | Yes, Your Honor. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[07:39] | When I was in private practice Mr Shore hacked | 当我私人执业的时候 |
[07:41] | into my clients corporate files and then blackmailed him. | Shore先生黑了我当事人的公司档案并威胁他 |
[07:45] | Successfully. You left that out. | 很成功 这才是重点 |
[07:47] | Mr Shore, the court does have concerns | Shore先生 本庭确实有考虑到 |
[07:49] | with new counsel taking this over the day of trial. | 在开庭当天 你作为新的律师接管了此案 |
[07:51] | My client doesn’t want a delay. | 我的当事人不想延期 |
[07:53] | You already know he refused to waive his right to a speedy trial. | 您已经知道 他拒绝行使快速审判的权利 |
[07:56] | Then you’re on record as being ready? | 那么你准备好了? |
[07:58] | Well bring in the jury at two o’clock. | 好的 2点开庭 |
[08:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:03] | Are you okay with this? | 你感觉好吗? |
[08:04] | Oh, I am. you’re dear to my Ivan. And I’m certainly wise enough | 噢 是的 你对我的Ivan很重要 |
[08:08] | to know that the heart wants what the heart wants. | 而且我足够明智 知道心心相印的需要 |
[08:10] | So long as his penis doesn’t weigh in. | 只要他的小弟弟不出轨就好 |
[08:17] | She has a funny laugh. I didn’t tell you. | 我没告诉你 她的笑声很有趣 |
[08:19] | Yes, you left that out. | 是的 你没提过 |
[08:20] | Bambi’s mother got shot. | Bambi的妈妈中枪了 |
[08:23] | Sometimes when she starts she can’t stop, | 有时她一开始笑就停不下来 |
[08:25] | so I have to tell her something tragic to snap her out of it. | 因此我必须告诉她一些悲惨的事来让她停下 |
[08:29] | Tell me. What brought you two together? | 告诉我 是什么让你们走到一起? |
[08:32] | Well, I’d have to say, church. | 呃 我得说是教堂 |
[08:34] | Also his sense of humor. did he make you giggle? | 还有他的幽默感 他曾让你笑个不停吗? |
[08:38] | Only in bed. | 只在床上 |
[08:43] | It’s best not to amuse her. | 最好不要逗她笑 |
[08:44] | I can see this. | 我知道了 |
[08:46] | Bill Buckner. | Bill Buckner (波士顿红袜队一垒手 于1986年演出了大联盟史上最著名的失误) |
[08:48] | I apologize. Anyhow, where we really connected, | 我道歉 总之 我们的共同之处 |
[08:52] | I think, was our love of musical theater. | 我想 是我们对音乐剧的热爱 |
[08:56] | Anybody could be that guy | (任何人都可能成为那个人) Anybody could be that guy. |
[09:00] | Mamamia. | 妈妈咪呀 |
[09:03] | Here I go again. | 我再一次成功了 |
[09:08] | I was hired as Mrs. Myerson’s private nurse. | 我被雇为Myerson夫人的私人护士 |
[09:11] | I worked in her employ up until the time of her death. | 我一直工作到她死的时候为止 |
[09:15] | In fact, Ms Young… it was you who supplied the defendant with | 事实上 Young女士 |
[09:20] | the morphine and the IV, is that correct? | 是你为被告提供吗啡和静脉注射 是吗? |
[09:22] | Yes. | 是的 |
[09:23] | Did he tell you what he wanted the morphine drip for? | 他有告诉你他要这些吗啡注射是什么原因吗? |
[09:26] | He said if she ever got in too much pain he wanted to help her manage it. | 他说 如果她太痛苦 他想帮助她减轻痛苦 |
[09:29] | And how is it you even had access to this drug? | 那么你为什么有这些药? |
[09:32] | I had worked at a hospice for people dying of terminal diseases. | 我曾经在一所绝症病人收容所工作 |
[09:35] | It was quite common for morphine drips | 吗啡注射液 |
[09:38] | to be used in connection with pain management. | 在控制疼痛上已被普遍使用 |
[09:40] | But don’t you typically need a prescription? | 但是你不应该需要处方吗? |
[09:43] | Ordinarily, but I have a small stockpile, I guess would be the word. | 一般是需要的 不过我有一些储备 我想是允许的 |
[09:47] | I never thought Mr Myerson would use it to actually cause her death. | 我从不认为Myerson先生 会用它导致夫人的死亡 |
[09:54] | You stated you never thought my client | 你说 你从不认为我的当事人 |
[09:57] | would use the morphine to cause his wife’s death. | 会用吗啡来导致他妻子的死亡 |
[09:59] | would that be because you knew him to love his wife very much? | 这是不是因为 你知道他很爱他的妻子? |
[10:03] | That would be one reason, yes. | 是的 这是一个原因 |
[10:05] | Did Mrs Myerson ever communicate to you that she would rather die | Myerson夫人有没有跟你说过 她宁愿死 |
[10:09] | than live through the experience of her brain being destroyed by this disease? | 也不愿活着让她的大脑受这种病痛的摧残? |
[10:13] | She said so many times. | 她说过很多次 |
[10:15] | Is there any doubt in your mind that Mrs Myerson wanted to end her life? | 你是否怀疑过 Myerson夫人 想结束自己的生命? |
[10:18] | None. She asked me to help her. I said I couldn’t legally. | 不 她请求我的帮助 我说我不能帮助她 这不合法 |
[10:21] | And thats when she turned to her husband. | 接着她就转而向她丈夫求助 |
[10:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:45] | Helloooo… | 你好! |
[10:49] | Whaddya think? | 你认为怎样? |
[10:51] | I’m curious about your thoughts, | 我很好奇你的想法 |
[10:53] | if they involve me putting that on in this life time… | 如果他们要我穿上这件礼服…… |
[10:57] | All the bridesmaids are wearing it. | 所有的伴娘都是这样穿的 |
[10:59] | It’s green. | 这是绿色的 |
[11:00] | Yeah. | 对 |
[11:02] | Shirley, May we speak as girlfriends for a second? | Shirley 我们能像闺中朋友一样说一会话吗? |
[11:05] | I met you this morning. | 我今天上午认识的你 |
[11:08] | I know you’re happy for Ivan and me. | 我知道你为Ivan和我高兴 |
[11:10] | But I don’t want to be insensitive. | 但是我不想那么不近人情 |
[11:12] | If It’s too difficult for you to be giving him away at the ceremony… | 如果你实在觉得在婚礼上 把他托付出去很困难 |
[11:15] | As long as were speaking as girlfriends. | 现在我们是以闺中朋友的身份在交谈 |
[11:19] | Aside from God and Les Miserables, | 除了上帝和歌剧 |
[11:22] | how are you and Ivan… compatible? | 你和Ivan还有什么共同点? |
[11:24] | Well, we love children. | 我们喜欢孩子 |
[11:27] | I’m a wonderful housekeeper, | 我是个出色的女管家 |
[11:29] | I like to cook, these are traditional values I speak of. | 我喜欢烹饪 这些是传统的美德 |
[11:33] | I’m sexually very… indefatigable. | 我性欲……很强 |
[11:39] | Oh, God. Tsunami. Holocaust. Trent Lott. | 噢 天哪! Tsunami Holocaust Trent Lott (以上均为不好的事情 请查阅google) |
[11:45] | Are you ah, are you one of those? | 你是 你是这些人中的一员吗? |
[11:47] | Those? | 哪些? |
[11:49] | Those people who mock the religious right or put down our administration. | 那些嘲笑宗教权利或者想不喜欢这种仪式的人 |
[11:54] | I would never… | 我从来没有…… |
[12:21] | Who’s dead? | 谁死了? |
[12:22] | Nobody’s dead, Rachel. | 没有人死 Rachel |
[12:25] | I just came… | 我只是过来…… |
[12:27] | to say hello. | 跟你问声好 |
[12:30] | Is that it? | 就这样? |
[12:32] | Look, Rachel. | 听着 Rachel |
[12:34] | Whatever damage… I’d like to begin to repair it. | 不管什么被破坏了 我都愿意修补它 |
[12:37] | Well, dad, I, I think we both can agree wed need to start with an apology. | 好了 爸爸 我想我们都同意 我们得先从道歉开始 |
[12:41] | Where we differ is on who needs to give it. | 我们的分歧在于 谁需要向谁道歉 |
[12:47] | I’m sorry that we lost track for seven yeasr. | 我很抱歉 我们失去联系七年 |
[12:51] | But I don’t owe you an apology… | 但是我并不欠你道歉 |
[12:52] | See you, dad. | 够了 爸爸 |
[12:54] | Wait. Can we talk? | 等等 我们能谈谈吗? |
[12:58] | I’m kinda busy. | 我很忙 |
[12:59] | With what? | 忙什么? |
[13:05] | Who is this? | 这是谁? |
[13:08] | Your granddaughter. | 你外孙女 |
[13:21] | So far he’s been paying child support, so financially he’s been responsible. | 现在他有付抚养费 所以他在经济上还是负责的 |
[13:29] | How soon after did you split up? | 你们什么时候分开的? |
[13:33] | We were never together, dad. It was one of those things. | 我们从来没有在一起过 就是这样而已 |
[13:38] | You’re shocked. | 你很震惊 |
[13:41] | Rachel, you’re almost forty. | Rachel 你快四十岁了 |
[13:42] | Meaning what, time to grow up? | 什么意思?是时候长大了? |
[13:44] | Meaning, perhaps when choosing men… | 意思是 当你选择男人的时候 |
[13:45] | Find one who wont walk out on me, | 找一个不会抛弃我的人 |
[13:47] | yeah, well, you know what they say, | 是的 你知道他们说什么 |
[13:50] | girls looks to marry their fathers. | 女孩们总是想嫁个像父亲那样的人 |
[13:51] | I never walked out on your mother. | 我从来没有抛弃你母亲 |
[13:53] | No. But you walked out on me. | 是的 但是你抛弃了我 |
[13:54] | I did not! | 我没有! |
[13:56] | You stole from me, I had no… | 你偷我东西 我没有选择…… |
[13:57] | Hey! She’s three. | 嘿 她三岁了 |
[13:59] | She can understand what you’re saying. | 她能听懂你在说什么 |
[14:04] | Hello, sweetheart. You look… | 嗨 宝贝 你看起来…… |
[14:14] | She just doesn’t know you, that’s all. | 她只是不认识你 就这样 |
[14:18] | How angry you must be with me. | 你对我有多么生气 |
[14:21] | To not tell me… that I had a granddaughter. | 才能不告诉我 我有一个外孙女? |
[14:27] | How angry you must be. | 你就这么生气吗 |
[14:38] | This district attorney is not without talent. | 这个区的律师不是没有能力的 |
[14:41] | If he’s able to present our client in any unsympathetic light, | 如果他能够让我们的当事人得不到同情 |
[14:45] | we’ll lose. | 那我们就输定了 |
[14:50] | You okay? | 你还好吗? |
[14:53] | I’m tired of my Alzheimers being a story point. | 我厌倦了我的阿兹海默症成为故事的焦点 |
[14:58] | This isn’t your story, Denny. | 那不是你的故事 Denny |
[15:00] | And your MRI was fine, remember? No progression. | 你的MRI(核磁共振,用来检查肿瘤) 检查结果很好 记得吗?没有迹象 |
[15:08] | Imagine killing somebody you deeply love. | 想像你杀死自己深爱的人 |
[15:14] | Even to spare suffering. | 就算是为了解除她的痛苦 |
[15:16] | You said you’d do it for me. | 你说过你会为我做这些 |
[15:18] | You promised. | 你承诺过 |
[15:21] | I don’t know that I could. | 我不知道能不能做到 |
[15:24] | Well, don’t worry, you’re off the hook. | 别担心 你不会被连累 |
[15:29] | If the day comes, | 如果那天到来 |
[15:32] | Bev said she’d sit on me. | Bev说她照顾我 (字面意思会坐在我上面) |
[15:34] | Ah! Boots on. | 哈!牡丹花下死 |
[15:39] | That’s what we did with my father. | 这正是我们对我父亲做的 |
[15:48] | Morphine drip. | 吗啡试剂 |
[16:19] | She loved to read more than anything else in the world. | 她喜欢读书胜过一切 |
[16:25] | And in the last few months, she couldn’t even do that. | 在最后几个月 她连这个都做不了 |
[16:30] | What about the physical symptoms? | 那她身体的症状是什么? |
[16:33] | Ah, well, her motor control was declining, which is why we hired the nurse. | 呃 她的神经控制能力渐渐衰退 这也是我们雇佣护士的原因 |
[16:38] | She battled incontinence. | 她与大小便失禁做斗争 |
[16:40] | But mainly… it was the sense that her brain was dying. | 但是 基本上 这是她的大脑开始死亡的讯号 |
[16:45] | And she knew it. | 她也知道这一点 |
[16:47] | I mean, this was a proud, fiercely intelligent woman who… | 我的意思是 这是一种骄傲 一个高智商的女人 |
[16:53] | was becoming an imbecile, not only in front everybody else’s eyes. | 渐渐变成一个弱智 不光是在每个人眼前 |
[16:59] | But her own. | 还在她自己眼前 |
[17:03] | Were you present when she died? | 当她死时你在场吗? |
[17:06] | Yes. It, it was tragic. | 在 悲痛至极 |
[17:11] | But it pales to the tragedy had she gone on living. | 但是如果她继续活着将是更大的悲剧 |
[17:26] | You practiced law together? | 你曾是律所合伙人? |
[17:28] | My very first firm. | 我的第一间公司 |
[17:29] | Tiggs and Schmidt. It flopped. | Tiggs and Schmidt事务所 它倒了 |
[17:31] | We were great partners, but lousy partners. | 我们是很好的合伙人 但是互相厌恶 |
[17:34] | But boy, it was fun. | 但是 很有趣 |
[17:36] | Come on! | 嗨 |
[17:37] | Oh, God! | 噢 天哪! |
[17:40] | Directions to the rehearsal dinner. | 预演宴席的安排 |
[17:42] | In a Eight oclock! You can bring a date! | 在八点 你可以带个伴 |
[17:48] | You think It’s funny? | 你认为很有趣? |
[17:49] | I do. | 是的 |
[17:51] | You’re coming with me. Eight o’clock! I can bring a date! | 你和我一起 八点!我可以带个伴! |
[18:04] | Hellooo! time for my toast. | 大家好!下面我来致辞! |
[18:08] | Why am I here? | 我为什么会在这里? |
[18:09] | Why am I? | 我为什么也在这里? |
[18:11] | First, I’d like to thank you all for coming tonight… | 首先 我很感谢大家今晚能到场 |
[18:15] | I have a confession to make. | 我要忏悔 |
[18:18] | I never really thought I’d get married. | 我从没有认真想过我会结婚 |
[18:21] | I’d always hoped to, but… well… | 我一直一来都很希望 但是…… |
[18:23] | the thought that I’d actually meet a man who could look past my various | 从没想到我会真正碰到一个男人 |
[18:27] | eccentricities and quirks and see me for my heart. | 他会透过我的各种古怪行为甚至怪癖 看到我的内心 |
[18:33] | I never thought I’d actually meet a man who… | 我从没想到我能碰到这样的男人 |
[18:40] | Perhaps I had a wicked childhood | (也许我有一个不好的童年时光) Perhaps I had a wicked childhood |
[18:45] | You have gotta be kidding. | 你一定在开玩笑 |
[18:47] | Perhaps I had a miserable youth | (也许我有一个悲惨的青年时期) Perhaps I had a miserable youth |
[18:54] | But somewhere in my wicked | miserable past(但是在我悲惨的过去) But somewhere in my wicked miserable past |
[18:59] | There must have been a moment of truth | (一定有着真实的一刻) There must have been a moment of truth |
[19:04] | Am I being punked? Be nice. | – 我被耍了吗? – 镇定点 |
[19:07] | For here you are standing there loving me | (你站在这里爱着我) For here you are standing there loving me |
[19:14] | Whether or not you should | (无论你是否应该这么做) Whether or not you should |
[19:20] | So somewhere in my youth or childhood | (因此在我的过去某一刻) So somewhere in my youth or childhood |
[19:27] | I must’ve done something good. | (我定是做对了什么) I must’ve done something good. |
[19:32] | Come on, rehearsal dinners are meant to be silly. | 得了 预演宴席本来就比较无聊 |
[19:35] | Let me take you back thirty years or so to ours. | 让我们回顾下三十年前我们那时候的事 |
[19:37] | I don’t relive past traumas. | 我不想再揭过去的伤疤 |
[19:39] | Then let me just take you back. | 我只是想带你回顾一下 |
[19:47] | Do you really love this girl, Ivan? | Ivan 你真的爱这个女孩吗? |
[19:49] | Love is a state of mind, Shirley. | Shirley 爱是一种心理的状态 |
[19:51] | No, It’s not, maybe that’s your problem, you think. | 不 不是 也许那是你的问题 你认为…… |
[19:54] | My problem is I love you. | 我的问题是 我爱你 |
[20:00] | There, I said it. I love you. Never stopped. | 噢 我说出来了 我爱你 从没有停止过 |
[20:10] | This isnt fair what you’re doing to this girl. | 你对这个女孩所做的事不公平 |
[20:12] | I have enormous affection for her. | 我对她有很深的爱慕 |
[20:14] | The sex is rewarding. I make her happy. | 性就是回报 我让她很高兴 |
[20:16] | All adds up to a workable equation. | 这一切都达到了平衡 |
[20:19] | Your sense of romance is overwhelming. | 你的浪漫感觉真是压倒一切 |
[20:22] | We always said what a mistake it was for us to get married? | 我们总是说 我们的婚姻真是一个错误 |
[20:26] | Maybe the blunder was splitting up. | 也许更大的错是离婚 |
[20:31] | Do you ever wonder? | 你曾经疑惑吗? |
[20:37] | No. | 不 |
[20:42] | May I kiss the bride one last time before the ceremony? | 我能在婚礼前最后吻新娘一次吗? |
[20:46] | I’m the best man. Very bad idea. | 我是伴郎 很糟糕的主意 |
[21:06] | Now that was romance. | 现在很浪漫 |
[21:09] | Yes it was. | 是的 |
[21:14] | Good night, Ivan. | 晚安 Ivan |
[22:27] | The thing is, dad, | 事情是这样的 |
[22:28] | I can handle not knowing whether you’re in my life or not, | 当我不知道你是否会回到我的生命时 我能处理这种心情 |
[22:30] | but Fiona’s asking me, Is Grandpa ever coming back? | 但是Fiona问我 外公会回来吗? |
[22:33] | I gotta know what to tell her. | 我得知道怎么回答她 |
[22:40] | Do you want me in your life? | 你想要我回到你的生命吗? |
[22:45] | It’s nice how you can put accusations in question form. | 你能把指控变成疑问 这很好 |
[22:49] | Let me try. Did you mean to suggest our estrangement was my doing | 让我试试 你的意思是 我们的不和是因为我的行为 |
[22:54] | when it was you refusing to so much as take my phone calls for three-plus years? | 而不是你三年多不接我的电话? |
[22:58] | How’s that? | 是这样吗? |
[23:01] | Close that door. | 关上门 |
[23:09] | I heard you say that she was emotionally unstable. | 你曾说 她情绪不稳定 |
[23:12] | Is it possible her decision was influenced by this instability? | 有没可能她的决定受这种不稳定性的影响? |
[23:17] | No. | 没有 |
[23:19] | No? | 没有? |
[23:20] | did you have a therapist or any trained professional | 你有没请过心理医生或者专家来跟她谈 |
[23:23] | speak with her about her apparent wish to die? | 关于她的明显想死的念头? |
[23:26] | I knew my wife better than any therapist ever could, | 我比任何专家都更了解我的妻子 |
[23:31] | and her wish to die was not apparent. | 而且她想死的意愿外表上看不出来 |
[23:33] | You, you stated that she was becoming an imbecile. | 你曾说 她变成一个弱智 |
[23:38] | That must have been excruciating for you. | 这对你来说必定很难以承受 |
[23:41] | Was it a relief in any way at all when she died? | 那么她的死对你是一种解脱吗? |
[23:48] | It was a relief to see her suffering end. | 当看到她的痛苦终结 这是一种解脱 |
[23:53] | I’m sorry to be asking these questions. | 我们抱歉提出这样的问题 |
[23:58] | It’s just sometimes, in these situations It’s actually | 只是有时候 在这种情景下 |
[24:02] | more about sparing the family’s suffering than it is the victims. | 这确实是解除家人的痛苦而不是受害者的 |
[24:06] | Objection! | 反对! |
[24:10] | The objections overruled. | 反对无效 |
[24:13] | Are you alright, Mr Crane? | 你还好吗 Crane先生? |
[24:21] | Sir, how much was it costing you per month to care for your wife? | 先生 你每个月花费多少时间照顾你的妻子? |
[24:26] | You know, I, I’m just about one second away from taking a fist to your head. | 你知道吗 我想下一秒就把拳头砸在你头上! |
[24:29] | Mr. Myerson! | Myerson先生! |
[24:30] | That strikes me as impulsive. Are you an impulsive person? | 刚才对我的攻击很冲动 你是个冲动的人吗? |
[24:34] | Your Honor, this badgering has gone on long enough. | 法官阁下 这次盘问的时间够久了 |
[24:36] | I am simply trying to establish that Mr Myerson and the deceased | 我只是想陈述 Myerson先生和死者 |
[24:40] | were the two most emotionally disabled people in all of this, | 是两个情绪失常的人 |
[24:44] | the very last two people who should be entrusted | 两个最不该被给予权利 |
[24:47] | to make a decision to end human life. | 来结束人的生命的人 |
[25:04] | I’m sorry. I lost a crown on my tooth last night; | 抱歉 我昨晚丢失了一颗假牙 |
[25:07] | I was wondering whether perhaps you swallowed it. | 我想问你是否吞下了它 |
[25:10] | Aren’t you ashamed of what… happened? | 你对所发生的一切不感到羞愧吗? |
[25:12] | No, but I can see you are, so were covered. | 不 但是我看到你是这样 所以我掩饰了 |
[25:14] | Ivan! You are getting married, and you’re kissing another woman. | Ivan 你要结婚了 但是你吻了另一个女人 |
[25:18] | Not just any woman. I promise. | 不是随便一个女人就行的 我保证 |
[25:21] | You simply cannot marry this girl, not if… | 你不能跟这个女孩结婚 只要…… |
[25:23] | Theres only one thing that can stop it. | 只有一件事可以阻止它发生 |
[25:25] | And that is? | 是什么? |
[25:26] | I’m lookin at her. | 我正在看着她呢 |
[25:30] | Final offer. Marry me. | 最后一次 嫁给我 |
[25:37] | You’re out of your mind. | 你疯了 |
[25:40] | You didn’t say, No. | 你没有说 不 |
[25:41] | No. | 不 |
[25:42] | You didn’t mean No. | 你的意思不是 不 |
[25:42] | No means No. | 不就是不 |
[25:44] | If not you, then her. | 如果不是你 就是她 |
[25:46] | For God’s sake, Ivan, think of her. | 老天 Ivan 想想她吧! |
[25:54] | See you at the ceremony, Shirl. | 在婚礼上见了 Shirley |
[26:06] | I was not going to enable you any longer! | 我不会再给你任何机会! |
[26:08] | So you stop giving me money, | 所以你停止给我钱 |
[26:10] | but to walk out, to refuse to take my calls, | 但是离开家 拒绝接我的电话 |
[26:13] | to tell security at your damn firm not let me in?! | 告诉你那该死的公司的保安不让我进去?! |
[26:15] | If you think you’re going to lay this on me… | 如果你偏要把这一切都归到我头上 |
[26:18] | I gave you everything! | 我给你一切! |
[26:19] | It was your job to give me everything! | 给我一切应该是你的职责! |
[26:21] | Just like It’s my job to give Fionna everything, no matter what! | 就像我的职责是给Fionna一切 不管发生什么! |
[26:24] | – At some point… – I needed you! | – 在某种程度上…… – 我当时需要你! |
[26:35] | For Gods sake, dad, I was a drug addict, an alcoholic… | 看在上帝的份上 爸爸 我曾经是个瘾君子 一个酒鬼 |
[26:41] | I had nothing. I needed my father. And you abandoned me. | 我一无所有 我需要我的父亲 但是你抛弃了我 |
[26:48] | You think that was easy for me? | 你认为我做这些很容易吗? |
[26:51] | I spoke to counselors, professionals. | 我跟顾问谈 跟专家谈 |
[26:53] | They all told me you had to hit bottom before… | 他们都告诉我 必须让你跌到谷底 然后 |
[26:56] | Well, mission accomplished, dad. Because I did. | 够了 任务完成了 爸爸 因为我的确是 |
[27:05] | In my darkest days… | 在我人生最黑暗的日子里 |
[27:08] | during your mother’s illness, | 当你妈妈病重的时候 |
[27:11] | I would let my mind wander to you. | 我一直在想着你 |
[27:17] | I would dream… of being there for you | 我梦想我会在你身边 |
[27:20] | when you give birth to our first grandchild. | 当你生下我们第一个外孙的时候 |
[27:25] | Getting to hold and love | 我又拥有并爱着一个孩子 |
[27:29] | a baby all over again, like I did you. | 就像你一样 |
[27:35] | How dare you take that from me? How dare you? | 你怎么能把这些本该属于我的剥夺掉?怎么能? |
[27:41] | Well you know what, dad? In my darkest day… | 你知道吗 爸爸 在我最黑暗的日子里 |
[27:47] | through it all… I had one little thing, one tiny semblance of a foundation. | 贯穿始终的 我只有一个小小的信念 一个微小的支撑我下去的假象 |
[27:53] | It was knowing that no matter what, | 这种信念就是 无论如何 |
[27:56] | my father would be there for me. | 我父亲都会在我身边支持我 |
[28:00] | And he wasn’t. | 但是他没有 |
[28:02] | He wasn’t. | 他没有 |
[28:08] | How dare you take that from me? | 你怎么能这样对我? |
[28:43] | Shall we request that other song? | 需要另点一首歌吗? |
[28:46] | For my money, she probably did hit bottom because you walked away | 我认为 她很可能跌到谷底 因为你离开她 |
[28:51] | and that maybe saved her life. Forgive her. | 而这可能挽救了她 原谅她吧 |
[28:56] | I’m not sure she’ll forgive me. | 我没把握她会原谅我 |
[29:00] | Paul. You went to her house, today she came to your office. | Paul 你去了她家 今天她来到你办公室 |
[29:05] | You two are already back together, | 你们两个已经开始回头了 |
[29:07] | you just can’t figure out the way to execute the deal. | 你只是没有找到解决这件事的方法 |
[29:12] | And what about you and Ivan? | 那你和Ivan呢? |
[29:14] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么? |
[29:15] | Do you still love him? | 你还爱他吗? |
[29:17] | I beg your pardon? | 再说一遍? |
[29:18] | Your taste in men, Shirley. | Shirley 你对男人的品味 |
[29:21] | Ivan Tiggs Denny Crane Ivan Tiggs. Denny Crane, wild, bigger than life. | 都是狂放不羁的大人物 |
[29:27] | I, I don’t love Ivan anymore. | 我 我不再爱Ivan了 |
[29:30] | I’m just his best man. | 我只是他的伴郎 |
[29:41] | We have a law against assisted suicide. | 我们有法律禁止协助自杀 |
[29:48] | One reason simply goes to the sanctity of life. | 一个重要原因就在于生命的神圣 |
[29:54] | Once we start eroding that? | 一旦我们亵渎了这种神圣性 |
[29:57] | Once we say It’s acceptable for people to start killing themselves? | 一旦我们允许人们自杀 |
[30:01] | A terrible thing happens. | 可怕的事情就会发生 |
[30:03] | It becomes acceptable. | 这变成可接受的 |
[30:06] | It’s suddenly an option. | 这瞬间变成一种选择 |
[30:08] | For the senior citizens with Alzheimers, | 对于罹患阿兹海默症的病人来说 |
[30:11] | for the fifty-year-olds with cancer, | 对于罹患癌症的五十岁的老年人来说 |
[30:14] | for the teenager with no friends. | 对于没有朋友的青少年来说 |
[30:17] | Who decides when suicide is the way to go? | 谁来决定什么时候该自杀? |
[30:22] | In this case the decision fell to a mentally impaired woman | 在此案中 这个选择落在了一个智力受损的女人 |
[30:26] | and emotionally despairing husband. | 以及感情上绝望的丈夫身上 |
[30:29] | Not exactly bastions of sound judgment. | 他并不是合理决断的保障 |
[30:33] | His motives, however clouded by grief, may have been pure. | 他的动机 在悲伤的笼罩下 可能是纯洁的 |
[30:37] | But what about that husband who wants his wife to die | 但是如果是一个希望他妻子死的丈夫呢? |
[30:40] | to perhaps prevent the estate from being financially drained. | 可能出于不想财产耗尽的想法 |
[30:46] | What about the family who actually seeks to end their own suffering, | 如果是一个确实想终结他们的痛苦的家庭 |
[30:49] | because It’s too horrible watching mom deteriorate? | 因为看到妈妈的萎缩退化是一件太可怕的事? |
[30:53] | How do we assess or regulate motive? | 我们怎样衡量和规范动机? |
[30:58] | It’s why we chose, | 这就是我们选择 |
[30:59] | as a matter of law not to go down that slope. | 我们的法律不允许这样做的原因 |
[31:05] | Nobody is arguing the Mr Myerson is a bad man. He isn’t. | 没有人说Myerson先生是一个坏男人 他不是 |
[31:10] | But he admittedly, reflectively | 但是他毫无疑问地 |
[31:13] | acted to end the life of a human being. | 在你们宣誓要维护的法律下 |
[31:18] | Under the law which you took an oath to uphold, | 做了结束一个人的生命的行为 |
[31:23] | that’s murder. | 这是谋杀 |
[31:40] | The dirty little secret is we went down that slope years ago. | 有个不光彩的小秘密是 我们在几年前就已经走上了这条邪路 |
[31:46] | Officially we say were against assisted suicide, | 我们官方禁止协助自杀 |
[31:51] | but it goes on all the time. | 但是这种行为一直有发生 |
[31:55] | Seventy percent of all deaths in hospitals are due to decisions | 在医院里 70%的死亡 |
[31:59] | to let patients die. | 都是由这种让病人死的决定造成的 |
[32:01] | Whether It’s morphine drips or respirators or hydration tubes. | 或者是吗啡试剂 或者是人工呼吸机 或者是液体管 |
[32:05] | With all due respect to the Terry Shivo fanfare, | 鉴于Terri Schiavo案先例(引起美国全社会轰动 的死亡权利大战以拔除已成为植物人15年的 Terri Schiavo的鼻胃管让其死亡告终) |
[32:08] | patients are assisted with death all across this country all the time. | 在这个国家 每时每刻都有病人受到协助走向死亡 |
[32:14] | As for regulating motive? | 为了规范动机? |
[32:15] | Here’s a thought. Investigate it. | 有想法就调查它 |
[32:18] | If we suspect foul play, have the police ask questions, | 如果我们怀疑不正当操作 让警察盘问 |
[32:20] | if it smells funny, prosecute. | 如果觉得有欺骗的意味 就起诉 |
[32:24] | But here, there’s no suggestion | 但是现在 没有任何的迹象表明 |
[32:27] | the Mr Myerson’s motive was anything other than to satisfy his wife’s wish | Myerson先生的动机除了 满足她妻子的意愿外还有什么 |
[32:33] | and spare her the extreme indignity of experiencing the rotting of her brain. | 只为了把她从大脑腐烂的 极端伤尊严的经历中解脱出来 |
[32:39] | Can you imagine? | 你们能想像吗? |
[32:42] | Would you want to live like that? | 你们想如那样活着吗? |
[32:51] | I had a dog for twelve years. His name was Alan. | 我养了一条小狗12年 它叫Alan |
[32:56] | That was his name when I got him. | 那是我得到它时它的名字 |
[33:01] | He had cancer in the end. | 最后它得了癌症 |
[33:03] | That, in conjunction with severe hip displasia. | 同时还患有髋关节发育障碍 |
[33:06] | And he was in unbearable pain. | 它承受着不能忍受的痛苦 |
[33:09] | My vet recommended, and I agreed, to euthanize him. | 我的兽医建议让它安乐死 我同意了 |
[33:13] | It was humane. | 这是一种人道 |
[33:15] | Which we, as a society, endeavor to be, for animals. | 是我们作为高级生物 能为动物所做的努力 |
[33:21] | My clients act was humane. | 我的当事人的行为是人道的 |
[33:26] | It was a selfless one, it was a sorrowful one. | 是无私的 是悲伤的 |
[33:33] | Ms Myerson’s nurse testified | Myerson夫人的护士作证 |
[33:36] | as to the profound love Mr Myerson had for his wife. | Myerson先生对其妻子有极深刻的爱 |
[33:41] | Sometimes the ultimate act of love… and kindness… | 有时 爱和仁慈的极致就是如此 |
[33:56] | If you think this man is a criminal, send him to jail. | 如果你们认为这个人是个罪犯 那么把他送进监狱 |
[34:02] | But if you don’t… don’t. | 但是你们如果不认为他是罪犯 则别那么做 |
[34:31] | And do you, Missy, take Ivan to be your lawfully-wedded husband, | Missy 你愿意让Ivan成为你的丈夫 |
[34:34] | to love, honor, and obey, till death do you part? | 爱他 尊重他 直到死亡才与他分离吗? |
[34:37] | I do. I do! | 我愿意 我愿意! |
[34:39] | And do you, Ivan, take Missy to be your lawfully-wedded wife, | Ivan 你愿意娶Missy为妻 |
[34:42] | to love, honor, and obey, till death do you part? | 爱她 尊重她 直到死亡才与她分离吗? |
[34:46] | I do. | 我愿意 |
[34:47] | If there’s anyone who knows a reason | 如果任何人有理由 |
[34:49] | why these two should not be joined together in holy matrimony, | 认为这两人不能进入神圣的婚姻殿堂 |
[34:52] | speak now, or forever hold your peace. | 现在说出来 不然就永远保持沉默 |
[34:57] | The rings… | 交换戒指 |
[35:11] | So somewhere in my youth or childhood | (因此在我的过去某一刻) So somewhere in my youth or childhood |
[35:18] | I must’ve done something good | (我定是做对了什么) I must’ve done something good |
[35:25] | Nothing comes from nothing | (种善因) Nothing comes from nothing |
[35:29] | Nothing ever could | (得善果) Nothing ever could |
[35:32] | So somewhere in my youth or childhood | (因此在我的过去某一刻) So somewhere in my youth or childhood |
[35:37] | I now pronounce you husband and wife. | 现在我宣布你们正式成为夫妻 |
[35:40] | I must’ve done something good I must have done something good | (我定是做对了什么) |
[35:52] | I present to you… Mr and Mrs Ivan Tiggs. | 祝福你们 Ivan Tiggs先生和夫人 |
[37:24] | Will the defendant please rise? | 被告请起立 |
[37:29] | Madame Foreperson, the jury has reached a unanimous verdict? | 陪审团主席 陪审团有一致裁定了吗? |
[37:33] | We have, Your Honor. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[37:34] | What say you? | 请宣布 |
[37:35] | In the matter of the Commonwealth vs. Ryan Myerson | 在州检察院诉Ryan Myerson |
[37:38] | on the charge of murder in the second degree, | 二级谋杀一案中 |
[37:41] | we the jury find the defendant, Ryan Myerson… | 我们陪审团经决议 裁定被告Ryan Myerson |
[37:44] | not guilty. | 罪名不成立 |
[37:48] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[37:49] | Ladies and gentlemen at the jury,.. | 各位陪审员 谢谢你们的裁定…… |
[37:50] | Thank you so much, Mr Shore. | Shore先生 非常感谢 |
[37:52] | It was nothing. But expensive. | 没什么 我很贵的 |
[37:55] | Denny? Thank you. | Denny 谢谢你 |
[38:24] | I’m so overwhelmed, I don’t know what to say. | 我不知所措 不知道该说什么 |
[38:27] | There’s typically a post verdict crash, Mr Meyerson. | Meyerson先生 一般裁决下来后 都会有典型的精神溃散现象 |
[38:30] | I frequently counsel my clients not to be alone. | 所以我一般建议我的当事人不要单独一人 |
[38:35] | Do you have someone to keep you company tonight? | 你今晚有人陪伴吗? |
[38:52] | The nurse? | 那个护士? |
[38:56] | The look was unmistakable. | 那种眼神不会错 |
[38:59] | That’s why he was so adamant about going forward with the trial so fast. | 这就是他坚持要快速审判的原因 |
[39:03] | If his affair with the nurse surfaced, | 如果他跟护士的风流韵事曝光 |
[39:05] | which it inevitably would have, he’d be sunk. | 毫无疑问 他就完蛋了 |
[39:08] | Huh. | 噢 |
[39:10] | He killed her to be with his mistress. | 他杀死妻子来与情妇在一起 |
[39:15] | Who knows? | 谁知道呢 |
[39:18] | Maybe the fact he was in love with someone else made it easier | 也许他与其他女人相爱的事实 |
[39:21] | to comply with his wife’s desire to die. | 更容易使他的妻子萌生死意 |
[39:24] | If she wanted to die. All we have is his word for it. | 如果是她想死的话 我们只知道他的一面之辞 |
[39:28] | And the nurse’s. | 还有护士的 |
[39:29] | Oh my God. | 上帝 |
[39:31] | We don’t know whether he’s innocent or guilty. I hate that! | 我们都不知道他到底有罪无罪 我讨厌这样! |
[39:37] | Denny, when you launched yourself in court like a pop tart… | Denny当你在法庭上做出那样的行为时…… |
[39:41] | He was badgering our client. | 他在纠缠我们的当事人 |
[39:43] | I had to break the flow. | 我必须打破这种状况 |
[39:47] | Mr Koupfer had just said, | Koupfer先生说过 |
[39:50] | families often act to end their own suffering. | 家庭总是选择自己结束痛苦 |
[39:56] | Is that what happened with your father. | 这是你父亲身上发生的事吗 |
[40:09] | He wasn’t exactly in pain. His appetite was good. | 他并没有太大的痛苦 他的胃口很好 |
[40:13] | In fact he was actually smiling more in the end then he… | 实际上 在弥留之际他反而有更多的微笑 |
[40:21] | On the day, | 之后 那一天 |
[40:24] | the day we told the doctor to up the drip, he was blissful. | 我们告诉医生加大他的剂量 他很开心 |
[40:33] | We put him out of our misery. | 我用他来终结我们的苦难 |
[40:38] | And I often wondered | 我总在想 |
[40:40] | did that life belong to the man with the brain of a two-year-old? | 那个生命是属于一个 只有两岁孩子智商的人吗? |
[40:44] | Or to the life of the man who preceded it? | 还是属于之前的他? |
[40:46] | It certainly… | 当然 |
[40:53] | didn’t belong to me. | 它不属于我 |
[40:56] | I think the life belonged to the man who preceded the disease. | 我认为这个生命属于的病之前的人 |
[41:01] | The man you knew as your father. | 那个你平时所知道的父亲 |
[41:03] | Ah. | 哈 |
[41:07] | But at what point? | 但是在那个时刻 |
[41:11] | Koupfer said it was slippery slurp | Koupfer说那是一个容易滑的斜坡 (不容易控制) |
[41:14] | Slope. | 斜坡 |
[41:17] | How’d you get the doctor to do it? | 你怎样使得医生帮你的? |
[41:23] | Denny Crane. I was still the real thing then. | Denny Crane 我那时也是大人物 |
[41:36] | Denny, I’m gonna say this right now | Denny 我想现在说这些 |
[41:37] | and then I’m going to memorialize it in my living will. | 之后我要把它记在遗嘱中 |
[41:40] | If I ever end up with the mind of a two-year-old… | 如果我变成一个只有两岁智商的人…… |
[41:42] | I’ll have Bev sit on you. | 我会让Bev照顾你(坐在你身上) |
[41:47] | That’s a load off. | 那我将得到释放(- -b) |
[41:57] | My day is coming, Alan. We both know that. | 我的日子快到了Alan 我们都知道这点 |
[42:01] | It’s a long ways off. | 还远着呢 |
[42:06] | And in the meantime. | 在那之前 |
[42:09] | Live big, my friend. Live big. | 活的潇洒 我的朋友 活的潇洒 |