时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:13] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[00:19] | Hey, pal! | 嘿,朋友! |
[00:22] | Jeez, what, what are you doing? | 老天,怎么了? 你在干嘛? |
[00:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[00:56] | Night terrors? | 夜惊? |
[00:58] | I haven’t had them in years. | 我好几年都没有犯过了 |
[00:59] | Usually it’s brought on by distress. | 通常是由于悲伤导致的 |
[01:03] | Maybe it’s my breakup with Tara. | 或许是因为跟Tara分手了 |
[01:07] | You jump off balconies? | 你从阳台上往下跳? |
[01:09] | I could where I happen to be living. | 是原本要跳的,但还好活了下来 |
[01:12] | I see images of someone or | 我在睡觉的时候看见有人 |
[01:15] | something after me and in my sleep, I run. | 还是有什么东西在后面追我 然后我就跑 |
[01:19] | – It’s awful. – Last week it was clowns. | – 太可怕了 – 上个星期是小丑 |
[01:24] | Denny… | Denny… |
[01:26] | how would you feel about sleeping with me? | 如果你跟我睡在一起何如? |
[01:30] | Next to me, until this passes, | 睡我旁边,直到这件事情过去 |
[01:33] | just to make sure I don’t leap off the 14th floor. | 保证我不会从14层楼跳出去 |
[01:36] | You’ll do anything to get me into bed. | 为了把我拉上床你真是竭尽所能 |
[01:38] | Denny, night terrors, they can | Denny,夜惊,它们会 |
[01:41] | be potentially life-threatening. | 成为潜在的威胁生命的东西 |
[01:49] | Because we’re friends, | 因为我们是朋友 |
[01:51] | I’m gonna tell you something that nobody else knows. | 我要告诉你一些别人都不知道的事情 |
[01:59] | I’m homophobic. | 我有恐同症(同性恋恐惧症) |
[02:00] | I’m stunned. | 我吓晕了 |
[02:02] | Look, I’d do almost anything for you, | 瞧,基本上我愿意为你做任何事情 |
[02:06] | but I cannot share my bed. | 但不能跟你一起分享我的床 |
[02:08] | Be a man. Get a girl. | 像个男人,去找个妞 |
[02:42] | Ass fat! | 屁股脂肪! |
[02:43] | Pardon? | 再说一遍? |
[02:44] | Tori, let me. | Tori,让我来 |
[02:45] | She gets upset. | 她非常郁闷 |
[02:46] | Okay, Tori and I have been friends | 好的,Tori和我都已经是 |
[02:48] | since I won’t even tell you how long, | 不晓得多长时间的朋友了 |
[02:49] | so when we decided to have our lips done… | 所以当我们决定要做一下唇部手术的时候…. |
[02:51] | – We had our lips done. – We did our research. | – 我们去做了唇部手术 – 我们做了些调查 |
[02:52] | And we found the best lip man in Boston. | 我们找到了波士顿最好的唇部医生 |
[02:54] | Reputed to be the best. | 名声最好的 |
[02:55] | – Yes, and he doesn’t use collagen | 是的,他不使用胶原质 |
[02:56] | He doesn’t use collagen, instead… | 他不使用胶原质,用… |
[02:58] | Instead he sticks a hollow needle into you, | 用针头深入到你体内 |
[02:59] | you know, back there, | 你知道,就是后面 |
[03:01] | and he removes a sample of fat from the buttocks. | 从臀部取出一定的脂肪样品 |
[03:02] | – Lasts longer than collagen. – Oh, totally natural. | – 比胶原质持续的时间太长 – 哦,全天然的 |
[03:04] | He then injects it into the lips, | 然后注射到嘴唇里 |
[03:06] | making them youthful and lovely. | 让它们显得更年轻,更可爱 |
[03:07] | Very hygienic. | 非常卫生 |
[03:08] | And it was all good and fine until | 这一切本来都很完美,直到 |
[03:09] | one day last week, we got a call… | 上周的某一天,我们接到一个电话… |
[03:11] | We got a call from his physician’s assistant. | 我们接到了一个从他的助理医师 那打来的电话 |
[03:12] | She was present at all of the | 她把手术的过程全部 |
[03:14] | procedures, not attractive, not happy. | 告诉了我们,一点也不吸引人 一点也不让人开心 |
[03:16] | And she told us that our doctor… | 她告诉我们,我们的医生… |
[03:17] | Oh, god. | 哦,上帝 |
[03:18] | … has been injecting his own | … 把他自己屁股上的 |
[03:19] | ass fat into women’s lips. | 脂肪注射到女人的嘴唇里 |
[03:21] | His own… | 他自己的… |
[03:22] | Yes. We want to sue Dr. Glouberman. | 是的,我们想要起诉Glouberman医生 |
[03:24] | For fraud. | 的欺诈行为 |
[03:25] | – Or malpractice. – Or something. | – 或是起诉玩忽职守 – 或是其他什么 |
[03:26] | I have the man’s ass in my face. | 我的脸上有张男人的屁股 |
[03:28] | Did you say Dr. Glouberman, Dr. Barry Glouberman? | 你是说Glouberman医生? Barry Glouberman医生? |
[03:33] | She’s had work. I told you. | 她已经做过工作了,我早告诉过你 |
[03:35] | Dr. Glouberman is a client at this firm. | Glouberman是本公司的客户 |
[03:38] | We structured his corporation, among other things, | 我们是他公司的法律顾问 包括所有一切事情 |
[03:40] | so we can’t represent you in any action against him. | 所以我们无法帮你们对他进行起诉 |
[03:44] | Well, that’s stupid. | 那真是太愚蠢了 |
[03:45] | In fact, if you do sue | 事实上,如果你们真的 |
[03:47] | him, I’ll be the one he calls. | 对他进行起诉,我会是接到他电话的人 |
[03:49] | I can’t represent you. | 我不能帮你们起诉 |
[03:53] | This whole thing is absurd. | 整件事情实在太荒谬了 |
[03:55] | Any number of people could | 任何人都可能从 |
[03:56] | have run over that old man. | 那个老头身上碾过 |
[03:58] | But Jason’s the one about to go on trial. | 但唯独Jason需要进行审讯 |
[04:00] | With an alibi. | 他还有不在场证明 |
[04:01] | Who happens to be his father. | 但作证的正好是他的父亲 |
[04:03] | Are you saying that you don’t believe me? | 你是说你不相信我吗? |
[04:05] | Of course we believe you. | 我们当然相信你 |
[04:06] | We even believe the part about the car being stolen. | 我们连车被偷的那部分都相信 |
[04:09] | We believe it all, Ronald. | 我们全部相信,Ronald |
[04:10] | That’s why you pay us. | 所以你才会付钱给我们 |
[04:12] | We’re not saying we can’t win. | 我们不是在说不能赢 |
[04:14] | How can you not win? My son has an alibi. | 你们怎么能不赢? 我儿子有不在场证明 |
[04:17] | There’s no physical | 没有任何物证 |
[04:19] | evidence linking him to the crime. | 把他和犯罪联系在一起 |
[04:21] | – The car. – Which was stolen. | – 有,车 – 但被偷了 |
[04:24] | Jason, do you have anything to say? | Jason,你有什么要说的吗? |
[04:33] | I did it. | 是我做的 |
[04:35] | Son… | 儿子… |
[04:36] | Dad… | 爸… |
[04:39] | I ran that guy over. | 我从那个家伙身上压过去 |
[04:45] | I did it. | 是我做的 |
[05:00] | No, no. I paid that. | 不,不,我付过了 |
[05:02] | On the, uh… | 在,呃… |
[05:04] | the, uh… | 呃… |
[05:06] | 14th. | 14号 |
[05:07] | Yeah, well, my records clearly show that I did. | 是的,我的记录明确显示我付过了 |
[05:10] | Yeah, well… | 是啊… |
[05:11] | Yeah, well, maybe, maybe I’m the | 是啊,或许,或许我 |
[05:13] | victim of identity theft, okay? | 是复制身份证来进行偷窃的受害人呢? |
[05:14] | Okay, maybe, maybe, I am not who I am, huh? | 好吧,或许,或许 我都不是我自己,嗯? |
[05:18] | Have you thought of that? | 你有没有那么想过? |
[05:24] | Obviously, we can’t call Jason to the stand. | 很明显,我们不能在法庭上传唤 Jason上庭 |
[05:26] | We’d be suborning perjury. | 我们会被视为做伪证的 |
[05:27] | I talked to the kid. He won’t admit it again. | 我跟孩子谈过了 他不会再承认了 |
[05:30] | Denny, we cannot knowingly put | Denny,我们不能把客户 |
[05:33] | a client on the stand to lie. | 放到法庭上去撒谎 |
[05:35] | Because? | 因为? |
[05:37] | Fortunately, we may not have to. | 幸运的是,我们或许不一定要那样做 |
[05:38] | Our only eyewitness suffers from Alzheimer’s. | 我们唯一的目击证人 患有阿尔茨海默氏病 |
[05:41] | The state may well not be able to make their case. | 她的那个级别或许已经不能参加案子了 |
[05:43] | What about the other witness who saw the car? | 那另外一个看见车的证人呢? |
[05:45] | Which was stolen. | 但车被偷了 |
[05:46] | Oh, right. I keep forgetting. | 哦,对,我老是忘记 |
[05:48] | I’d like you to canvass the | 我要你最后一次去细细查探 |
[05:49] | neighborhood one last time, | 周围的邻居 |
[05:51] | see if anybody else saw anything. | 看看是否还有其他人看见了什么 |
[05:53] | In the meantime, Paul, maybe | 同时,Paul,或许 |
[05:55] | you could visit our eyewitness, | 你可以去拜访一下我们的目击证人 |
[05:56] | see what we’re dealing with. | 看看我们要面对的是何种情况 |
[05:59] | You’re the one who will be crossing her, Shirley. | 你是那个要对她进行交叉询问的人,Shirley |
[06:02] | Those assisted living places… | 那些养老院… |
[06:05] | I’m sorry, I know | 我很抱歉,我知道 |
[06:06] | heebie-jeebies isn’t a legal term but… | 神经过敏不是个法律术语,但是… |
[06:08] | It needs to be you, | 需要是你 |
[06:09] | Shirley. You’re trying this case. | Shirley 你是在办这个案子的人 |
[06:11] | You need to interview this woman. | 你必须去拜访这个女人 |
[06:19] | This is ridiculous. | 这太荒谬了 |
[06:20] | And the women claim that it’s | 那些女人声称是 |
[06:22] | your old physician’s assistant | 你过去的助理医师 |
[06:23] | that’s the whistle-blower. | 向她们进行的告密 |
[06:25] | Helen? I had to fire her. | Helen?我已经解雇她了 |
[06:26] | The woman broke a needle three | 这个女人在三个不同的病人身上 |
[06:28] | times in three different patients. | 弄断了三次针头 |
[06:29] | She was a danger to my clients. | 她对于我的客户来说是种威胁 |
[06:31] | Barry, calm down. | Barry,冷静 |
[06:32] | Yeah, it was either fire her | 是啊,要不就是解雇她 |
[06:34] | or send my malpractice | 要不只能把我的玩忽职守保险单寄出去了 |
[06:35] | insurance screaming through the roof. | 因为所有人都暴跳如雷 |
[06:37] | So then she turns around and sues me. | 现在到好,她调转枪头来指控我了 |
[06:40] | Fired for wrongful termination. | 不正当的解雇 |
[06:43] | And we took care of that. | 这个我们也会去了解的 |
[06:44] | This kind of allegation alone, though… | 这只是单方面的说辞,但是… |
[06:48] | What am I gonna do? | 我要怎么做? |
[06:50] | We need to meet with this woman, | 我们必须跟这个女人见次面 |
[06:51] | your ex-nurse, get her to recant. | 你的前护士,让她放弃 |
[06:54] | It’s the best way to head | 这是解决这起非刑事诉讼 |
[06:55] | this lawsuit off at the pass. | 的最好的方法 |
[06:57] | She’s a vicious, spiteful, treacherous pig. | 她是头恶毒的,怀恨在心的 背信弃义的猪 |
[07:00] | That’s what she is. | 她就是这么个东西 |
[07:01] | I’m not gonna lead with that. | 我不会被你误导的 |
[07:03] | Do I need to meet with her | 我必须单独去见她呢 |
[07:05] | alone, or can you be civil? | 还是你会做个文明人? |
[07:10] | Oh, are you illiterate or you just can’t read? | 哦,你是文盲呢,还是你只是不会看? |
[07:12] | You know… | 你要知道… |
[07:13] | No, “final notice” means that it’s the final notice. | 不,”最后通牒”就表示说那是最后的通知 |
[07:16] | Otherwise it would say, “final shutoff.” | 否则就把这个叫做”最终终止” |
[07:19] | Suppose I was in my | 假如我在我的 |
[07:20] | apartment hooked up to a respirator. | 公寓被呼吸器钩住. |
[07:21] | I would be dead right now, okay? | 我马上就会死掉,是不? |
[07:23] | You would be talking to a dead person. | 你就会跟个死人在对话了 |
[07:25] | Melissa? | Melissa? |
[07:33] | Would you excuse us, please? | 能让我们说两句话吗,谢谢 |
[07:41] | From what I gather, you seem to be | 根据我所搜集到的信息,你看起来像是 |
[07:43] | having some financial difficulties. | 有些财务方面的问题 |
[07:46] | Oh, no, no, no. I’m just a, uh… | 哦,不,不,不 我只是,呃… |
[07:48] | a shopper. | 购物者的问题 |
[07:49] | You know, there’s a certain power to | 你要知道,你当然是有权力 |
[07:51] | being able to buy anything you want, | 去买任何你想要的东西 |
[07:52] | and I don’t know, have you | 我不知道,你有没有去过 |
[07:54] | been to the new pottery barrel? | 新开的Pottery Barrel(家具店)? |
[07:56] | No. | – 没有 – 没有 No. |
[07:58] | If you get their catalog, turn to page 37. | 如果你有她们的目录 就翻到37页 |
[08:01] | That’s my bedroom. | 那就是我的卧室 |
[08:02] | Would you like to earn some extra money, Melissa? | 你想在多赚些额外的钱吗,Melissa? |
[08:06] | Uh, how? | 呃,怎么说? |
[08:11] | I have a condition. | 我碰到了个状况 |
[08:16] | It’s called night terrors. | 叫做夜惊 |
[08:19] | During the deepest levels of non-REM sleep, | 在非快动眼睡眠的最深层次 |
[08:26] | I hear voices, terrifying voices, | 我会听见声音,可怕的声音 |
[08:30] | and sometimes I run. | 有时候我就会奔跑 |
[08:32] | Since I’m sound asleep when I’m running, | 因为在我跑的时候我还是睡着的 |
[08:37] | this puts me in significant physical danger. | 这会让我身体处于非常危险的境况 |
[08:44] | I need somebody to guard me at night. | 我需要某个人在晚上看着我 |
[08:48] | When you say “guard”… | 你说”看着”… |
[08:51] | I need you to lie in the bed with me. | 我要你和我一起躺在床上 |
[08:55] | Should I get up to run outside, stop me. | 在我起床往外跑的时候,阻止我 |
[09:02] | How stupid do you think I am? | 你觉得我有多愚蠢? |
[09:04] | So you’ll think about it? | 你还是会考虑一下的对吧? |
[09:21] | Lydia, this is Shirley Schmidt. | Lydia,这位是Shirley Schmidt |
[09:25] | Hello, Lydia. Hello. | – 你好啊, Lydia – 你好 |
[09:27] | – Shirley Schmidt – Who is she, Toque? – Shirley Schmidt. | – 她是谁,Toque? |
[09:30] | She was going to talk to you | 她是要过来跟你谈谈 |
[09:31] | about Albert being hit by the car. | 被汽车撞倒的Albert的事 |
[09:33] | Yes, I know. | 是的,我知道 |
[09:35] | Where’s my apple juice? | 我的苹果汁在哪? |
[09:37] | I’m getting it now. | 我现在就去拿 |
[09:42] | – Your violets are lovely. – Ceramic pots. | – 你的紫罗兰真漂亮 – 要用陶壶来装 |
[09:45] | Never terra-cotta. They collect salt. | 千万不要用赤土陶器 她们会把盐分吸收掉 |
[09:49] | But you’re not here for that. | 但你不是来这里谈这个的 |
[09:51] | No, I’m afraid I’m not. | 不,恐怕不是 |
[09:56] | Here’s a little one all dressed up. | 这个小孩可是盛装打扮啊 |
[09:59] | My granddaughter. | 我孙女 |
[10:01] | Oh, she’s adorable. | 哦,她真可爱 |
[10:04] | What’s her name? | 她叫什么? |
[10:06] | You’re testing me. | 你在测试我 |
[10:08] | – I’m afraid I am. – Her name is Julie. | – 恐怕是的 – 她叫Julie |
[10:11] | She’s dressed as Groucho Marx | 她打扮的是我最喜欢的 |
[10:15] | from my favorite movie of 1939, | 一部电影里面的Groucho Marx |
[10:18] | “At the circus.” | 1939年的”马戏团” |
[10:20] | And that boy committed the crime. | 是那个男孩引起的这场犯罪 |
[10:26] | People think I don’t remember things, | 人们觉得我不记得事了 |
[10:29] | and a lot of things I | 的确很多事情我不记得 |
[10:32] | don’t, like names and so forth, | 像是人名啊诸如此类 |
[10:34] | but traumatic events? | 但这种伤人事件? |
[10:38] | I’ll never forget what happened | 我永远不会忘记那晚 |
[10:40] | outside that window that night. | 在窗外发生的事情 |
[10:42] | It was horrible. | 真是太可怕了 |
[10:44] | I’m sorry. It must have been awful for you. | 我很抱歉 对你来说一定很可怕 |
[10:49] | Toque? | Toque? |
[10:51] | This is orange juice. | 这是橘子汁 |
[10:53] | Oh, they were out of apple, honey. | 哦,苹果用完了,亲爱的 |
[10:55] | But it’s always apple for lunch. | 但午饭的时候一直是吃苹果的 |
[10:57] | It’s okay, Lydia. Orange is okay. | 没事的,Lydia,橘子也很好 |
[10:59] | No, it’s not! | 不,不好! |
[11:01] | Orange is for breakfast. Apple’s for lunch. | 橘子是给早饭吃的,苹果是给午饭吃的 |
[11:04] | It’s always apple! Always! | 一直都是苹果!一直都是! |
[11:08] | – Can I help? – Here, let me help. | 我能帮忙吗? 给,我来帮下手 |
[11:10] | There’s nothing to do but calm her down. | 除了让她平静下来别无他法 |
[11:12] | It’s okay, honey. It’s okay. | 没事了,亲爱的,没事了 |
[11:14] | It’s okay. It’s okay. | 没事了,没事了 |
[11:24] | I was out walking my dog, when | 我当时在遛狗,然后 |
[11:27] | suddenly I heard this screech… | 突然我听到了急刹车的声音… |
[11:30] | and, uh, then a thump. | 呃,然后是撞击声 |
[11:32] | I turned around. | 我转过身去 |
[11:34] | I saw a white sedan speed off, | 我看见一辆白色的私家轿车飞速驶离 |
[11:36] | uh, with a body at the side of the road. | 呃,路的一边躺着一具尸体 |
[11:39] | Were you able to get a license plate number? Yes. | – 你还能记住车子的牌照号码吗? – 是的 |
[11:42] | ZXL3R. Massachusetts plates. | ZXL3R.马塞诸塞州的车牌 |
[11:46] | The record will reflect the parties stipulate | 记录显示,当事人保证 |
[11:48] | that the license is registered | 那个车牌是以 |
[11:50] | to the defendant Jason Matheny. | 被告Jason Matheny的名义注册的 |
[11:52] | Thank you, Mr. Nasland. | 谢谢你,Nasland先生 |
[11:55] | Don’t go rough. | 不要太无礼 |
[11:57] | He just lost his grandfather, for god’s sakes. | 老天啊,他刚刚失去了他的祖父 |
[12:00] | That wasn’t his grandfather who died, Denny. | 那个死掉的不是他的祖父,Denny |
[12:03] | He’s just a witness who was walking his dog. | 他只是在遛狗的一个目击证人 |
[12:05] | Whatever. | 随便吧 |
[12:09] | Sir, were you able to see who was driving the car? | 先生,你能看见是谁开的这辆车吗? |
[12:13] | No. Thank you. | – 不能 – 谢谢 |
[12:15] | For the record, the parties stipulate the car was | 根据记录,当事人保证这辆车已经 |
[12:17] | reported stolen the night of the accident. | 在事故发生那晚报告被窃了 |
[12:21] | Too rough? | 很无礼吗? |
[12:50] | Standard service agreement | 标准的服务协议 |
[12:51] | contract, mostly boilerplate. | 合同 基本都是样板合同 |
[12:53] | The language of what I will and | 我会做什么我不会做什么 |
[12:55] | will not do is quite specific, | 上面都写得非常明确详细了 |
[12:56] | so there won’t be any Clintonian mishaps. | 所以不会有任何性爱方面的灾祸 (Clintonian:新造的俚语,指象克林顿一样的人) |
[13:00] | “Is” means is. | “是”就代表肯定是 |
[13:03] | “No touching, no cuddling, no sex.” | “不许触碰,不许拥抱,不许有性爱” |
[13:07] | You’ve taken out all the fun. | 你把所有的乐子都搞没了 |
[13:09] | These are my terms. | 这是我的条款 |
[13:10] | For that, I will sleep in your bed | 那样的话,我会睡在你的床上 |
[13:11] | and will make sure you don’t wig out, | 确保你不会很激动 |
[13:13] | and that’s it. | 就这样 |
[13:15] | I’m not sure the term “wig out” has legal teeth. | 我不确定术语”激动”有法律效应 |
[13:19] | But it is extremely Xeroxable | 但对所有合伙人的挡风玻璃来说 |
[13:22] | for all the partners’ windshields. | 是相当显眼的 |
[13:27] | Thank you, Melissa. | 多谢你了,Melissa |
[13:28] | I give you my word I’ll honor all your terms and… | 我向你保证我会尊敬你的条款… |
[13:33] | thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[13:38] | I’ll see you at 10 o’clock. | 晚上10点再见 |
[13:44] | Wait a second. You’re denying this? | 等等,你否认了? |
[13:46] | – Barry… – Of course I’m denying it. | – 我当然否认啦 – Barry… |
[13:48] | – It never happened. – I was there! | – 从来没有这种事情 – 我当时就在现场! |
[13:50] | Hold on. Barry. | 等等,Barry |
[13:52] | When you say you were there… | 你说你当时就在那里… |
[13:54] | I helped him remove his own | 我帮他从他的臀部 |
[13:55] | fat cells from his buttocks. | 取出了脂肪细胞 |
[13:57] | – Barry… – To use on myself. | – 用在我自己身上 – Barry… |
[13:59] | That’s what you said, Barry. | 那是你自己说的,Barry |
[14:00] | Look, I removed the cells, I | 瞧,我取出了细胞,我 |
[14:02] | harvested the fat, and I marked the vials. | 收集了脂肪,我在小瓶上都标注了记号 |
[14:03] | And I saw him go to the vials to use | 我看见他走到小瓶那里把 |
[14:06] | that fat to inject into other women. | 脂肪注射到其他女人体内 |
[14:08] | Then why didn’t you say something if you thought… | 如果你觉得这样不好为什么 当时不说出来… |
[14:10] | Because I first thought it | 因为我一开始以为 |
[14:11] | was with the patients’ consent, | 这些都是病人同意的 |
[14:12] | – And then I asked a few. – Asked them what? | – 然后我问了一些人 – 问她们什么? |
[14:14] | Where the harvested fat for | 她们手术中的脂肪是从 |
[14:15] | their procedures came from. | 哪里收集来的 |
[14:16] | They said their own buttocks. | 她们说是她们自己的臀部 |
[14:17] | Which is the truth. | 这是事实 |
[14:18] | Barry… Oh, please! | Barry…哦,拜托! |
[14:19] | You’re just trying to ruin me. | 你只是想让我破产 |
[14:22] | Barry | Barry. |
[14:23] | Ms. Gershen, obviously this kind of charge, | Gershen小姐,很明显这种控诉 |
[14:25] | when it goes to a person’s | 在牵涉到个人的职业生命的话 |
[14:27] | profession, is libel per se. | 会被以诽谤罪驳回的 |
[14:28] | We wouldn’t even have to show actual damages. | 我们都不用出示到底造成多大的伤害 |
[14:32] | I’m no lawyer, but on the TV shows, | 我不是律师,但在电视剧里 |
[14:34] | they say truth is a defense to libel. | 它们说真相是对于诽谤最好的辩护 |
[14:37] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[14:38] | And are you prepared to prove | 那你准备好如何来证明 |
[14:40] | the truth of these allegations? | 这些推断了吗? |
[14:42] | Sure. | 当然 |
[14:44] | May I ask how? | 我能问一下怎么做吗? |
[14:46] | Do DNA on him. Do it on their lips. | 对他进行DNA测试 然后对她们的嘴唇进行DNA测试 |
[14:48] | You’ll see a match. | 你就会看到它们是匹配的 |
[14:50] | Won’t she, Barry? | 是这样吗,Barry? |
[14:53] | I’m not giving any DNA samples. | 我不会提供任何DNA样本 |
[14:56] | That’s, um, unconstitutional, right? | 那是,嗯,违反宪法的,是吧? |
[15:05] | You met with the woman, Shirley. Certainly… | 你见过那个女人 当然… |
[15:07] | I don’t want to do it. It’s that simple. | 我不想做这个案子 这个太简单了 |
[15:08] | No, it is not that simple. | 不,这不是那么简单 |
[15:10] | We have an obligation as attorneys… | 我们作为律师有义务… |
[15:12] | Oh, spare me the speech, Paul, would you please? | 哦,多说无益,Paul,拜托你了? |
[15:16] | Well, evidently, you need the speech. | 很显然,你还是要多说一下 |
[15:18] | Like it or not, this job | 不管你喜不喜欢,这份工作 |
[15:19] | gets dirty from time to time. | 一直都是很肮脏的 |
[15:21] | What the hell is going on here? | 这里到底发生了什么事情? |
[15:23] | It’s just.. | 只是… |
[15:26] | preying on somebody with Alzheimer’s when… | 折磨某个患了阿尔茨海默氏病的人… |
[15:29] | obviously I’m a little sensitive given… | 很明显对此我有些敏感… |
[15:32] | Given what? | 对什么? |
[15:34] | I say a if a woman’s brain has turned to oatmeal, | 我说如果有个女人的脑袋变成了一锅粥 |
[15:36] | let’s throw in some raisins | 那就再撒点葡萄干进去 |
[15:38] | and have her for breakfast. | 把她煮煮做早餐算了 |
[15:40] | What, you think you have to | 怎么了,你觉得你要 |
[15:42] | handle me with kid gloves, Shirley? | 跟哄小孩一样来应对我吗,Shirley? |
[15:44] | This case has nothing to do with you, Denny. | 这个案子和你毫无关系,Denny |
[15:46] | Don’t lie to me. | 不要对我撒谎 |
[15:48] | Would you excuse us for a second, Paul? | 你能给我们俩点时间吗,Paul? |
[15:56] | I know how terrified you are. | 我知道你很害怕 |
[15:58] | – Denny… – I’m afraid of nothing. | – 我什么都不怕 – Denny… |
[16:00] | whether or not you have some mild | 不管你是否真的有轻微的 |
[16:03] | form of Alzheimer’s, and maybe you don’t, | 阿尔茨海默氏病,或许你没有 |
[16:05] | there is no denying your denying. | 都无法否认你那一味的否定 |
[16:08] | You walk around saying you have mad cow disease. | 你四处宣扬你患了疯牛病 |
[16:12] | God forbid people think you have Alzheimer’s. | 上帝不让别人觉得你患了 阿尔茨海默氏病 |
[16:17] | It took your father. | 这源自于你的父亲 |
[16:19] | You’re afraid it’ll take you. | 你怕你也得了这个 |
[16:24] | You don’t know me, Shirley. | 你不了解我,Shirley |
[16:25] | Hell, I don’t even know me. | 该死,我都不了解我自己 |
[16:27] | Have you talked to Alan about this? | 你跟Alan谈过这个吗? |
[16:30] | Why should I? | 为什么要? |
[16:32] | Because he’s your best friend. | 因为他是你最好的朋友 |
[16:40] | “Do not crowd the afflicted. | “不要挤向痛苦 |
[16:43] | Do not chase the afflicted.” | 不要追赶痛苦” |
[16:45] | – I’m the afflicted. – You think? | – 我就是痛苦 – 你觉得? |
[16:48] | “Use soothing tones.” | “用温和的语调” |
[16:50] | “Say the afflicted’s name gently.” | “轻轻说出痛苦的名字” |
[16:52] | “Use comforting phrases such as come back to bed,” | “用让人舒服的语句,比如:回到床上来” |
[16:56] | “you are safe, everything is all right, I am here.” | “你很安全,一切都很好,我在这里” |
[17:00] | So how long have you had these, um, episodes? | 你碰到这些,嗯,情况多久了? |
[17:06] | Are they, you know, bad? | 它们,你知道,很糟糕吗? |
[17:09] | Have you ever read “Oroonoko” by Aphra Behn? | 你读过Aphra Behn写的 <王子的奴隶生涯>吗? |
[17:14] | No. Neither have I. | – 没有 – 我也没有 |
[17:18] | – La-di-da. – By the way, Melissa, | – 装模作样 – 顺便问一下,Melissa |
[17:21] | as immune as you are to any | 鉴于你对我求爱 |
[17:24] | sexual advances on my part, | 那一部分免疫 |
[17:26] | I have had the occasional | 我想说,偶然我会对 |
[17:29] | fantasy about the Michelin man. | 米其林宝宝有性幻想 (Melissa穿得像米其林宝宝) |
[17:44] | People know where I am if anything happens to me. | 反正如果我发生了什么事 别人会知道我在哪里 |
[18:35] | Good work. | 做得很好 |
[18:37] | You can go. | 你可以走了 |
[18:51] | How many patients? | 多少病人? |
[18:53] | Not too many. | 不是很多 |
[18:55] | Lie to me again, Barry, and you | 再跟我撒谎啊,Barry |
[18:56] | can get yourself a new attorney. | 你可以给你自己再请个新的律师 |
[18:57] | How many women did you inject your fat into? | 你把你的脂肪注入了多少女人身上? |
[19:01] | Nine, ten. | 9个 10个 |
[19:05] | 30. | 30个 |
[19:06] | You can see, there’s an endless supply. | 你要知道,这可是取之不尽的资源 |
[19:08] | You injected your fat into as many as 30 women? | 你把你的脂肪注入了30个女人体内? |
[19:13] | What do I do? If this gets out, | 我能怎么做? 如果这件事情捅了出去 |
[19:16] | it’s not like I’m a | 并不只是说明了 |
[19:18] | multidimensional person with a family. | 我是个有家的多面人 |
[19:20] | All I have is my job, my reputation. | 我只有我的工作,我的名声了 |
[19:23] | Before we go any further, um, | 在我们讨论更深一步之前,嗯 |
[19:28] | the injections you gave me | 你原来帮我消除水痘伤疤 |
[19:30] | for my chicken pox scars… | 而注入的注射剂里… |
[19:33] | do I have extractions from your buttocks in my face? | 我会在脸上抽出你的臀部吗? |
[19:38] | Oh, my god. | 哦,我的上帝 |
[19:39] | You didn’t want to harvest your own fat. | 你是不会想要保存你自己的脂肪的 |
[19:42] | The synthetic stuff has only | 这种合成的原料只被 |
[19:44] | been FDA-approved for a year. | FDA批准使用了一年 (食品及药物管理局) |
[19:47] | Some cells are better than others. | 一些组织比其他什么都要好 |
[19:50] | This may sound funny, | 这或许听起来很搞笑 |
[19:52] | but I built my reputation on my ass. | 但我的确用自己的屁股建立了我的名声 |
[19:55] | It’s why they all come to me, however unwittingly. | 所以她们才会都到我这里来 虽然都不知内情 |
[19:58] | I would never do anything to harm a patient. | 我从来不会做任何有损于病人的事情 |
[20:02] | My fat, Denise, it’s the good stuff. | 我的脂肪 Denise,可是好材料 |
[20:05] | First… | 首先… |
[20:07] | we are gonna try to settle | 我们要来想办法在这些 |
[20:08] | with these women before they sue, | 女人起诉你之前搞定她们 |
[20:10] | or else your fat ass is history. | 否则你的屁股就要成为历史了 |
[20:12] | Then I will decide whether I sue you myself. | 然后我会决定我自己是否要起诉你 |
[20:23] | I saw Mr. Bellows crossing the street, | 我看见Bellows先生穿过街道 |
[20:26] | and then this big white car came | 然后这辆大型白色的车飞快 |
[20:29] | racing through the intersection and hit him. | 驶过十字路口,撞上了他 |
[20:33] | The car stopped for a moment and then sped away. | 车停了一会儿后就很快开走了 |
[20:36] | People came running out screaming. | 人们从四周跑过来大声尖叫 |
[20:39] | Mr. Bellows was just lying there. | Bellows先生就躺在那里 |
[20:43] | And did you get a good look at | 那你是否看清楚了 |
[20:44] | who was driving the white car? | 是谁在驾驶这辆白色的车? |
[20:46] | Yes, I did. | 是的 |
[20:47] | It was that boy over there. | 就是在那里的那个男孩 |
[20:49] | I saw him through the windshield. | 我通过挡风玻璃看见了他 |
[20:52] | The streetlight was shining on his face. | 街灯正好照在他的脸上 |
[20:55] | One final question. | 最后一个问题 |
[20:57] | Have you been diagnosed with stage four Alzheimer’s? | 你是否被诊断为四级阿尔茨海默氏病? |
[21:00] | That’s what my doctors tell me. | 那是我的医生告诉我的 |
[21:03] | So I get a little distracted | 所以我时不时会觉得 |
[21:06] | at times, but I know what I saw. | 很心烦意乱,但我还是清楚我所看见的 |
[21:09] | That boy hit Mr. Bellows and then drove away. | 那个男孩撞倒了Bellows先生 然后开车逃跑 |
[21:14] | Thank you, Mrs. Tuffalo. | 谢谢你,Tuffalo夫人 |
[21:19] | The fact that she’s stage four could | 她的四级病症可以 |
[21:21] | give us reasonable doubt right there. | 给我们合理的怀疑 |
[21:22] | Do we really want to risk alienating the jury? | 但我们真的想冒疏远陪审团的险吗? |
[21:25] | Don’t be ridiculous. We | 别搞笑,我们 |
[21:27] | cannot let that testimony stand. | 不能让她的证词成立 |
[21:29] | Just a thought. | 只是想想而已 |
[21:32] | Hello, Mrs. Tuffalo. I’m Shirley Schmidt. | 你好,Tuffalo夫人,我是Shirley Schmidt |
[21:34] | – We met the other day. – Yes, dear. | – 我们那天见过的 – 是的,亲爱的 |
[21:37] | – How are you today? – I’m fine, thank you. | – 你今天怎么样? – 我很好,谢谢 |
[21:40] | You say you get a little distracted? | 你说你有些心烦意乱? |
[21:43] | I’m wondering how little is little? | 我想知道有一点是多少点? |
[21:45] | I know what I saw. | 我清楚我所看见的 |
[21:47] | I’m sure you think you do, | 我确信你觉得你很清楚 |
[21:48] | but it was dark and overcast the | 在车祸那天晚上天很黑 |
[21:50] | night of the accident, wasn’t it? | 又是阴天,不是吗? |
[21:51] | It was dark. | 是很黑 |
[21:53] | As for being overcast, it’s seldom sunny at night. | 因为是阴天,所以到晚上也不会有阳光 |
[21:58] | The driver never got out of the car, did he? | 驾车者一直没有走出过汽车,是不是? |
[22:01] | I saw him through the windshield. | 我是通过挡风玻璃看见他的 |
[22:04] | What’s my name, Mrs. Tuffalo? | 我叫什么,Tuffalo夫人? |
[22:07] | It’s Shirley Schmidt. | 我叫Shirley Schmidt |
[22:08] | Through the glare of a windshield on a dark night | 在一个黑暗的夜晚,透过一百英里外的 |
[22:10] | from a window well over a hundred feet away, | 窗户,你通过反光的挡风玻璃 |
[22:14] | you were able to see my client speed by? | 可以看见我的客户飞速驰过? |
[22:17] | I have very good eyesight. | 我的视力非常好 |
[22:19] | Don’t your nurses have to lay | 你的护士是不是每晚 |
[22:21] | out your medication every night | 必须把你的药片都分好 |
[22:22] | so that you don’t take the wrong pills? | 这样你就不会吃错? |
[22:24] | Those pills are so small. | 那些药片实在太小了 |
[22:26] | They’re right in front of you, | 可它们就在你面前 |
[22:28] | and you can’t tell them apart? | 你却不能把它们分开? |
[22:29] | I can tell them apart. | 我可以把它们分开 |
[22:31] | What are the names of the pills? | 那些药片都叫啥? |
[22:33] | I don’t know or care. | 我不知道,也不在乎 |
[22:35] | I take what they tell me to take. | 我吃所有她们让我吃的 |
[22:38] | What’s my name? | 我叫什么? |
[22:41] | – It’s Shirley. – Shirley what? | – 叫Shirley – Shirley什么? |
[22:42] | Objection. What time do | – 反对 – 你一般 |
[22:44] | you typically take your pills? | 在什么时候吃药? |
[22:45] | 8. | – 8点 – 8片,你每天吃8片药片 8. You take eight pills every day. |
[22:48] | Yes. Objection! | – 是的 – 反对! |
[22:49] | Who is the president of the United states? | 美国总统是谁? |
[22:51] | Objection, your honor. | 反对,法官陛下 |
[22:52] | – Overruled. – What day is it today? | – 驳回 – 今天是星期几? |
[22:54] | I don’t know or care what day it is. | 我不知道,也不在乎今天是星期几 |
[22:57] | You don’t know what day it is? | 你不知道今天是星期几? |
[23:00] | How did you get here today? | 你今天是怎么来的? |
[23:02] | I… | 我… |
[23:04] | I took the bus! | 我坐公车来的! |
[23:07] | You were driven by car. | 你是被开车送过来的 |
[23:09] | – What’s my name? – Stop asking me that! | – 我叫什么? – 不许再问我这个! |
[23:12] | I saw that boy. | 我看见那个男孩了 |
[23:13] | – Shirley! – What’s that boy’s name? | – 那个男孩叫什么? – Shirley! |
[23:15] | No, that’s my name, my first name. | 不,这是我的名字,我的名 |
[23:18] | – What’s my last name? – I don’t know! | – 我姓什么? – 我不知道 |
[23:20] | I don’t know! | 我不知道! |
[23:21] | Your last name is whatever it is, damn it! | 随便你的姓是什么,该死的! |
[23:32] | It’s Schmidt. | 是Schmidt |
[24:00] | She couldn’t remember Shirley’s name. | 她记不住Shirley的名字 |
[24:03] | Alan, if I’m ever like that… | Alan,如果我也像那样… |
[24:07] | am I like that now sometimes? | 我现在是不是有时候也会那样? |
[24:11] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[24:14] | Denny, if you’re really this | Denny,如果你真的对这个 |
[24:15] | concerned, you should get tested. | 很关心,你应该去做个测试 |
[24:17] | I did a couple of years ago. | 我几年前做过了 |
[24:18] | Understood, but to see if things have progressed. | 明白了,但还是可以去看看有什么进展 |
[24:23] | It could give you peace of mind. | 这可以让你安心 |
[24:25] | Or not. | 或不是 |
[24:26] | This motion thingy needs to be | 这份移动物品在我们归档之前 |
[24:29] | signed before we can file it. | 需要你先签个字 |
[24:42] | Let me get this straight. | 我们打开天窗说亮话 |
[24:43] | She slept with you because of the nightmares? | 她因为你患了梦魇所以跟你睡觉? |
[24:46] | Night terrors. There’s a difference. | 夜惊 这是有区别的 |
[24:50] | Wow. | 哇哦 |
[24:54] | Would you do it with me? | 你可以跟我一起做吗? |
[24:57] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么? |
[24:58] | If I agreed to get tested, | 如果我同意接受测试 |
[25:00] | would you do it, too? | 你跟我一起吗? |
[25:06] | I really don’t think I have Alzheimer’s, Denny. | 我真的不觉得我也患了 阿尔茨海默氏症,Denny |
[25:09] | You’re afraid of clowns. | 你怕小丑 |
[25:11] | You’ve got the night terrors. | 你有夜惊 |
[25:12] | There’s something screwy going on up there. | 你的脑袋里面肯定也有什么混乱的地方 |
[25:16] | But the problem isn’t likely neurological. | 但这问题不像是神经学上的那种 |
[25:20] | Oh, okay, I get it. | 哦,好吧,我明白了 |
[25:22] | It was a stupid idea, anyway. | 总之,这真是个愚蠢的主意 |
[25:25] | Denny | Denny. |
[25:26] | Make an appointment. We’ll get tested together. | 预约一下 我们一起去做测试 |
[25:38] | First of all, we do not admit | 首先,我们不承认 |
[25:40] | that the fat cells harvested | 那些收集后 |
[25:41] | and injected in your respective lips | 注射进你们各自嘴唇的脂肪 |
[25:43] | were derived from my client’s buttocks. | 是从我客户的臀部提取出来的 |
[25:45] | – That’s a horrible opener. – Horrible. Tori… | – 那真是个可怕的开头 – 太可怕了. Tori… |
[25:47] | That’s not settlement talk. | 那不是解决方法的谈话 |
[25:49] | – If I may be allowed to finish | 请允许我先把 |
[25:50] | even assuming the truth of your allegations… | 你们假定的真相说完… |
[25:53] | She’s tricky. Oh, very. | – 她太狡猾了 – 哦,非常 |
[25:54] | Tori… George… George… | Tori… |
[25:56] | Ladies, let’s hear opposing | 女士们,在我们跳起来之前 |
[25:57] | counsel before we jump to… | 先听听她的反方面建议 |
[25:58] | She was supposed to be our lawyer. | 她本应该是我们的律师 |
[26:00] | Tori? | Tori? |
[26:01] | My point is, that even had you | 我的意思是,不管你们是否 |
[26:03] | known the origin of the fat cells, | 知道脂肪细胞的来源 |
[26:04] | you may very well have | 你们还是已经同意 |
[26:06] | consented to the injections anyway. | 进行注射 |
[26:07] | – Barry! – It’s the good stuff. | – 这可是很好的原料 – Barry! |
[26:10] | I’m sorry, but did you just | 我很抱歉,我的耳朵刚才 |
[26:11] | say what I think you said? | 是不是听错了? |
[26:13] | That we would have said okay to this? | 我们对此不了了之就算了? |
[26:15] | Tori, Kiersten | Tori, Kiersten, |
[26:17] | there was nothing in the contract that | 在合同中并没有保证说 |
[26:19] | stipulated it would be your own tissue. | 要用的一定是你们自己的组织 |
[26:20] | All right, this is nonsense, Denise. | 好了,这真是废话,Denise |
[26:22] | What nonsense. | 什么废话 |
[26:23] | This is what people do | 这是人们每天都做的事 |
[26:25] | every day, especially these two. | 尤其是这两位 |
[26:26] | They agreed to have human | 是她们同意在自己体内 |
[26:28] | fat injected in their bodies | 注入脂肪 |
[26:29] | or collagen made from rendered cowskin, | 或是用牛皮做出来的胶原质 |
[26:32] | hyaluronic acid extracted from rooster combs. | 或是从公鸡体内萃取出来的 透明质酸(即玻尿酸) |
[26:35] | They shoot botulism in their foreheads. | 她们会在前额注射肉毒杆菌 |
[26:37] | – But we’re not talking about botox | 但我们讨论的不是什么肉毒杆菌 |
[26:39] | We’re talking about this man’s buttocks. | 我们在说的是这个男人的臀部 |
[26:41] | And I agree. It’s not a pretty picture. | 我同意 这真的很难想像 |
[26:44] | But neither are the blood clots, infections | 但手术总是会发生血栓,或是感染 |
[26:46] | and scarring you risk from your tummy tucks | 或是存在在肚子上留下疤痕的险 |
[26:48] | or the bleeding, bruising and | 还有可能大出血,有瘀伤 |
[26:50] | deflation from your saline breast implants. | 你们胸部的填充物发生了泄漏 |
[26:52] | How about possible nerve | 甚至说你们脸部整型手术 |
[26:53] | damage from your face-lifts, | 后来造成的损害 |
[26:55] | the risk of blindness from eyelid surgery? | 眼皮手术或许带来的失明危险呢? |
[26:57] | It’s all pretty ugly, but you did it. | 这些都是很丑陋的,但你们还是做了 |
[27:01] | You know, Ms. Bauer, | 你知道吗 Bauer小姐 |
[27:03] | you’ve just painted a pretty pathetic picture of us, | 你刚才的确很好地描述了 我们俩的可悲情况 |
[27:07] | and maybe we’re every bit… | 或许我们是有些… |
[27:10] | That didn’t give you the right. | 但这也没有给你这种权力来说我们 |
[27:15] | We’re offering you $300,000 each. | 我们给你们每人30万的赔偿 |
[27:20] | Now you might get more if you | 如果你们去法院的话或许 |
[27:22] | go to trial, but you might not, | 会得到更多赔偿 但也或许什么也没有 |
[27:24] | given your propensity to say | 因为你们对于每个手术会 |
[27:26] | yes to any and every procedure. | 造成的后果都已经同意了 |
[27:27] | My client is also willing to treat | 我的客户还愿意 |
[27:29] | you for free for the rest of your lives. | 在你们以后的日子里对你们 进行免费治疗 |
[27:31] | You might not want to have | 你们或许不想 |
[27:32] | anything to do with him now, | 现在对他就这么算了 |
[27:33] | but given that he is reputedly the | 但根据他是 |
[27:36] | best cosmetic plastic surgeon in Boston, | 波士顿最好的塑胶整形外科医生 |
[27:39] | money and services, this is an offer | 他的金钱和服务,这可比 |
[27:41] | potentially worth more than a million dollars. | 潜在的一百万美元更有诱惑 |
[27:43] | But if you go public or sue, the offer is rescinded. | 但如果你们公开这件事或对他 进行起诉,赔偿就作废 |
[27:56] | She has Alzheimer’s disease. | 她患有阿尔茨海默氏症 |
[27:58] | She has trouble remembering a | 她很难记住很多事情 |
[28:00] | lot of things, including names, | 包括名字 |
[28:01] | little things. | 还有其他小事 |
[28:03] | But catastrophic events, | 但悲惨的事件 |
[28:05] | traumatic ones, those sink in. | 人身伤害事件,那些都会深深记在脑海里 |
[28:08] | Which is why she remains steadfast that | 所以她才会坚持说 |
[28:11] | Jason Matheny was driving the car that night. | Jason Matheny就是当晚开车的人 |
[28:13] | And consider this. | 考虑一下这个 |
[28:15] | If Jason weren’t driving that night, | 如果Jason那晚没有开车 |
[28:16] | what a monumental coincidence then that | 那也实在是太太凑巧了 |
[28:19] | Lydia picked him out of a police lineup. | Lydia能在警察排出的一组人当中选出他 |
[28:21] | She just happened to pick the guy | 她只是刚好把那个 |
[28:23] | who owned the offending vehicle. | 拥有这辆可怕的驾驶工具的家伙挑了出来 |
[28:25] | Please! | 想想吧! |
[28:26] | Lydia picked out the defendant | Lydia选出了被告 |
[28:28] | because she saw him that | 因为那晚她通过 |
[28:29] | night through the windshield, | 挡风玻璃看见了他 |
[28:31] | and that’s not changed by the fact | 这个事实不能被因为她记不住 |
[28:33] | she had trouble remembering Shirley Schmidt’s name. | Shirley Schmidt这个名字而改变 |
[28:47] | I don’t doubt she remembered Jason’s face. | 我并不怀疑她记住了Jason的脸的事 |
[28:50] | The police picked him up as the owner of the car, | 警察因为他是车主所以把他选了出来 |
[28:52] | plopped him in a lineup and brought Lydia in. | 放进一组人中 然后把Lydia带进去 |
[28:55] | Now we can’t know whether the | 现在我们无从得知的是 |
[28:57] | police nudged or influenced Lydia | 是否是警察故意引起还是暗示了Lydia |
[29:00] | to select the man they felt committed the crime, | 说选择这个他们觉得引起这场犯罪的人 |
[29:02] | but it’s been known to happen, | 但事情的确是发生了 |
[29:05] | especially with a witness | 尤其是这个目击证人 |
[29:07] | who needs a little assistance. | 还需要一些帮助 |
[29:09] | And that’s where Lydia’s Alzheimer’s comes in. | 这时候Lydia的阿尔茨海默氏来了 |
[29:12] | Her brain plays tricks on her. | 她的大脑欺骗了她 |
[29:15] | She takes Jason’s face from the | 她把Jason的脸从 |
[29:18] | lineup and transfers it to the car. | 一组人中挑了出来 转到了这辆车上 |
[29:21] | Stage four Alzheimer’s is a form of dementia. | 四级阿尔茨海默氏症就是属于痴呆了 |
[29:25] | We have an eyewitness who not | 我们的这个目击证人 |
[29:28] | only couldn’t remember my name, | 不仅不记得我的名字 |
[29:30] | she didn’t know what day of the week it was, | 她也不知道今天是星期几 |
[29:32] | thought she had come here by bus | 她以为是坐公车过来的 |
[29:34] | when she had been driven by car. | 但其实别人开车送她过来的 |
[29:37] | She suffers from dementia. | 她遭受着老年痴呆的痛苦 |
[29:41] | I know we all feel for her. How could we not? | 我知道我们都能感受到她的感觉 我们怎么可能没有感觉呢? |
[29:45] | She’s adorable, | 她很可爱 |
[29:47] | seemingly trustworthy, | 看起来是那么值得信赖 |
[29:50] | and our hearts have to go out to anyone | 我们的心不得不倾向于 |
[29:52] | who has this insidious disease. | 任何患有这种可怕疾病的人 |
[29:55] | One day we or someone we know will be her. | 某一天我们或许我们认识的某人 也会和她一样 |
[30:00] | More than 1.5 million | 超过150万的 |
[30:02] | Americans suffer from Alzheimer’s. | 美国人正在遭受阿尔茨海默氏症的痛苦 |
[30:04] | By the year 2015, that number | 到2015年,那个数字会 |
[30:07] | could increase to 14 million. | 增加到1千4百万 |
[30:10] | This is not someone else’s disease. | 这不是其他人的疾病 |
[30:13] | It has or will affect every single one of us. | 这已经或会影响到我们中的任何一个 |
[30:19] | And of course, our heart goes out to Lydia. | 当然,我们心里是倾向于Lydia的 |
[30:23] | But this trial is about proving guilt | 但这个审讯是除去所有 |
[30:27] | beyond all reasonable doubt, | 合理的怀疑后证明其有罪 |
[30:31] | and that hasn’t happened here. | 但这里并没有去除那些怀疑 |
[30:34] | All the prosecution has given you | 所有检控方给出的只是 |
[30:37] | is a lone witness who | 一个孤单的正在遭受 |
[30:41] | suffers from terminal dementia. | 末期痴呆痛苦的证人 |
[30:45] | Beyond all reasonable doubt? | 除去所有合理的怀疑? |
[30:51] | You know better. | 你们自己知道 |
[31:21] | Alan? | Alan? |
[31:25] | Alan, what are you… | Alan,你要干嘛u… |
[31:27] | Alan! | Alan! |
[31:29] | Whoa, whoa. Do you hear me? | 哇哦,哇哦,你听见我说话吗? |
[31:33] | Alan! | Alan! |
[31:35] | Alan! | Alan! |
[31:36] | Oh, god. | 哦,上帝 |
[31:38] | Oh, god. | 哦,上帝 |
[31:39] | Oh, god. | 哦,上帝 |
[31:40] | Okay, okay, here we go. | 好了,好了,我们这样 |
[31:43] | Alan, Alan! | Alan, Alan! |
[31:45] | Okay, Alan, okay. | 好了, Alan,好了 |
[31:47] | Alan, come back to bed. | Alan,回到床上去 |
[31:49] | Calm down. | 冷静下来 |
[31:50] | Everything’s all right, Alan. | 一切都很好,Alan |
[31:51] | Everything’s all right! You’re safe! | 一切都很好!你很安全! |
[31:53] | You’re safe, Alan! | 你很安全,Alan! |
[31:55] | Okay? That’s right. | 好吗?对了 |
[31:57] | I’m here now, okay? | 我在这里,好吗? |
[31:59] | I’m here. | 我在这里 |
[32:01] | Everything’s gonna be okay. | 一切都会没事的 |
[32:03] | Okay, you hear me now? | 好了,你现在听到我说话了? |
[32:05] | All right? | 好了吗? |
[32:06] | I’m here, okay? | 我在这儿,好吗? |
[32:08] | Okay, you’re safe. | 好了,你安全了 |
[32:11] | Okay, okay. | 好了,好了 |
[32:13] | That’s good. No, no worries. | 很好,不要,不要担心 |
[32:16] | Nothing’s wrong. | 什么事也没发生 |
[32:18] | Okay, okay. | 好了 好了 |
[32:22] | Yeah, yeah, just relax. | 是的,是的,放松 |
[32:29] | I’m here. | 我在这 |
[32:30] | I’m not going anywhere. | 我什么地方也不会去 |
[32:43] | You’ll hear a knocking sound | 在我们成像的时候 |
[32:44] | while we’re taking the images. | 你会听到喀挞的声音 |
[32:45] | The main thing is, remain as still as possible. | 重要的是,尽可能保持静止状态 |
[32:49] | Why couldn’t Alan have gone first? | Alan为什么不先来? |
[32:51] | I’m right over here, Denny. | 我就在这里,Denny |
[32:54] | Okay, still as possible, sir. | 好吧,尽可能别动,先生 |
[32:59] | – You doing okay? – Fine. | – 你没事吧? – 没事 |
[33:01] | Here we go. Still. | 我们开始了,别动 |
[33:05] | Maybe I should have removed my… | 或许我应该先摘了我的… |
[33:08] | watch. | 手表 |
[33:12] | Okay. | 好了 |
[33:16] | Your glutamate levels are about the same. | 你的谷氨酸指数和原来一样 |
[33:19] | So is the evidence of plaque. | So is the evidence of plaque. |
[33:21] | – But nothing’s got worse? – I don’t believe so. | – 没有什么恶化吧? – 我不这么认为 |
[33:24] | You do show precursors, | 你的确有些先兆 |
[33:26] | so it’s important that you | 所以继续锻炼你的头脑 |
[33:28] | continue to exercise your brain, | 对你来说很重要 |
[33:29] | different areas of the brain. | 锻炼头脑不同的区域 |
[33:31] | Try writing with your other hand, do the crosswords. | 试着用另外一只手写字 做些填字游戏 |
[33:34] | Is it possible I have mad cow disease? | 我是否有患了疯牛病的可能? |
[33:37] | We can’t rule it out. | 我们无法排除这种可能 |
[33:39] | They do have some identical symptoms. | 它们的确有一些相同的症状 |
[33:42] | There could be countless numbers of people | 也是有很多的人 |
[33:44] | we’ve diagnosed with Alzheimer’s | 我们诊断说是阿尔茨海默氏症 |
[33:46] | who really have mad cow disease. | 但其实得的是疯牛病 |
[33:47] | See? | 瞧见了? |
[33:50] | Do him now. | 现在给他做 |
[33:51] | I’m afraid a PET scan isn’t going | 恐怕一次PET扫描并不会 (PET:正电子发射型计算机断层摄影) |
[33:53] | to tell us why he’s afraid of clowns. | 告诉我们他为什么害怕小丑 |
[33:56] | What about the night terrors? He had one last night. | 那夜惊怎么回事? 他昨晚又发作了 |
[33:58] | Again… That’s okay. I can come | – 还是… – 没事的,我可以 |
[34:01] | back later after a few hamburgers. | 吃些汉堡后再来 |
[34:03] | You promised you’d get tested, too. | 你保证过你也会接受测试的 |
[34:06] | Denny, those machines can’t test | Denny,那些机器无法测出 |
[34:08] | for the stuff I’ve got going on. | 我身上到底发生了什么 |
[34:09] | – You tricked me. – Hey, Denny. | – 你骗了我 – 嘿,Denny |
[34:12] | You haven’t gotten worse. | 你的情况没有变糟 |
[34:19] | They agreed to all the terms? | 她们同意所有的条件了? |
[34:22] | Confidentiality, all of it? | 机密性,所有一切? |
[34:25] | Apparently the offer of free laser peels | 很明显,永久激光除皱这个提议 |
[34:28] | in perpetuity was just too good to pass up. | 实在好得让人无法拒绝 |
[34:30] | You dodged a nuclear bullet, Barry. | 你可躲过了一场大灾难,Barry |
[34:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[34:33] | That still leaves open the | 但还留下了个问题 |
[34:35] | question as to whether I will sue you. | 我是否要起诉你 |
[34:37] | Denise, I am so sorry. | Denise,我真的很抱歉 |
[34:39] | I just want to know why. | 我只是想知道为什么 |
[34:41] | Why would you risk your career, your… | 为什么你要冒着职业风险,你的… |
[34:44] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[34:47] | Look at my face. | 看看我的脸 |
[34:50] | In high school, | 在高中 |
[34:52] | everybody called me “fat ass.” | 每个人都管我叫”肥屁股” |
[34:55] | I think the idea that it could | 我觉得会有这么个主意 |
[34:58] | ever be associated with beauty… | 是和美女有关… |
[35:01] | I’m obsessed with beauty, Denise, | 我被美女迷住了,Denise |
[35:05] | obsessed with the thought that these | 被这些美丽的女人会 |
[35:09] | beautiful women would be walking around | 携带着一些些Barry Glouberman在体内 |
[35:12] | with a tiny bit of Barry Glouberman inside them | 而走在大街上的想法迷住了 |
[35:16] | and that when people look at them and admire them, | 那样的话,当人们看着美女,在欣赏她们的时候 |
[35:20] | they’d be admiring a | 他们也同时在欣赏 |
[35:25] | microscopic fraction of my physicality. | 那么一点点的我的肉体 |
[35:30] | You need help. | 你需要帮助 |
[35:33] | If you do not agree to get help, | 如果你不同意接受帮助 |
[35:35] | I will do so much worse than sue you. | 我会对你做比起诉更糟糕的事情 |
[35:37] | You could go to jail. | 你会去监狱 |
[35:40] | I’m not kidding, Barry. | 我不是在开玩笑,Barry |
[35:43] | I will see you in jail. | 我会去监狱见你 |
[35:47] | I give you my word. | 我跟你保证 |
[35:57] | The defendant will please rise. | 辩护方请起立 |
[36:03] | Madame foreperson, have you | 女士,你们陪审团 |
[36:04] | reached a unanimous verdict? | 达成一致裁决了吗? |
[36:05] | – We have, your honor. – What say you? | – 尊敬的法官阁下,达成了 – 怎么说? |
[36:08] | In the matter of the commonwealth vs Jason Matheny | 在联邦政府对 Jason Matheny |
[36:11] | on the charge of vehicular homicide, | 驾车杀人的指控中 |
[36:13] | we find the defendant Jason Matheny | 我们一致裁决被告Jason Matheny |
[36:15] | not guilty. | 无罪 |
[36:18] | Members of the jury, the | 陪审团的成员们 |
[36:19] | court thanks you for your service. | 法庭感谢你们的出席 |
[36:21] | You are hereby excused. | 你们可以解散了 |
[36:26] | – Thank you, Shirley. – You’re welcome. | – 谢谢你,Shirley – 不客气 |
[36:29] | Congratulations, Jason. | 恭喜你,Jason |
[36:31] | Yeah, thanks. | 是啊,多谢 |
[36:34] | So uh… | 那么… |
[36:36] | that’s it? | 就这样了? |
[36:38] | That’s it. | 就这样了 |
[36:51] | Lydia… | Lydia… |
[36:53] | I know what I did was… | 我知道我所做的… |
[36:58] | it’s my job. | 但这是我的工作 |
[36:59] | Yes, your job was to secure the | 是啊,你的工作就是维护 |
[37:03] | freedom of a boy who killed somebody. | 一个杀了某个人的孩子的自由 |
[37:09] | I… | 我… |
[37:14] | wish you well. | 希望你健康 |
[37:16] | You too, Ms. Schmidt. | 你也是,Schmidt小姐 |
[37:22] | I’m sure by this time tomorrow | 我确信明天的这个时候 |
[37:24] | she won’t have any memory | 她一定一点都不记得 |
[37:26] | of how despicable you were. | 你是这么卑劣的人 |
[37:28] | Can I buy you dinner or something, Shirley? | 我能请你吃顿饭或是怎样么,Shirley? |
[37:32] | – Some other time, thank you. – The thing is, | – 再约时间吧,谢了 – 事情是 |
[37:35] | I’m having these night terrors. | 我最近一直有夜惊 |
[37:39] | I’m afraid to be alone at night. | 我害怕晚上一个人 |
[37:54] | I don’t doubt that you’re afraid, but, Alan, | 我丝毫不怀疑你的恐惧,但是,Alan |
[37:57] | as much as I appreciate you vesting | 虽然我很感激你在我工作 |
[37:59] | so much responsibility so early into my job, I… | 没有多久就给了我这么重要的 责任,我… |
[38:03] | I just can’t handle being in | 我只是不能再处理 |
[38:04] | charge of saving your life. | 挽救你生命的工作了 |
[38:06] | After last night, I don’t think I could fall asleep. | 昨晚以后,我觉得我不可能再熟睡了 |
[38:10] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:13] | Thank you, Melissa. | 谢谢你,Melissa |
[38:16] | You may very well have saved my life last night. | 昨晚你也许就很好地挽救了我的生命 |
[38:23] | I know. | 我知道 |
[38:28] | You’re a really weird man, aren’t you? | 你真的是个很奇怪的人,是吗? |
[38:34] | It seems so. | 看起来是 |
[39:02] | Asleep? | 睡着了? |
[39:03] | Sort of. Difficult day. | 差不多 真是艰难的一天 |
[39:06] | I wish I could say there’s been improvement but… | 我希望我能说情况有所改善,但是… |
[39:26] | Hey, dad. | 嘿,爸爸 |
[39:28] | It’s Shirley. | 我是Shirley |
[39:48] | I won my case in court today. | 我今天在法庭上赢了 |
[39:52] | Not my finest hour. | 不是我最精彩的 |
[39:58] | Not even close. | 根本说不上精彩 |
[40:07] | Well, what shall we read tonight? | 好了,我们今晚要读什么呢? |
[40:15] | How about “A tale of two cities”? | “双城记”怎么样? |
[40:18] | We haven’t read that one in a while. | 我们有段时间没读这本了 |
[40:27] | “It was the best of times, | “那是最美好的时代 |
[40:29] | it was the worst of times,” | 那是最糟糕的时代” |
[40:32] | “It was the age of wisdom, it | “那是智慧的年头 |
[40:34] | was the age of foolishness,” | 那是愚昧的年头” |
[40:37] | “It was the season of light”… | “那是信仰的时期”… |
[40:55] | It isn’t right. | 这不对 |
[40:56] | I tried that night terror | 我把夜惊这个故事用在了 |
[40:58] | routine on six different women. | 6个不同的女人身上 |
[41:00] | No takers? | 没有接受的? |
[41:01] | It isn’t right. | 这不对 |
[41:06] | Thanks for coming with me | 谢谢你今天陪我一起去 |
[41:07] | today. Thanks for making me do it. | 谢谢你让我做了这个 |
[41:09] | I’ve always felt friends should | 我一直觉得朋友应该 |
[41:12] | encourage friends to have their heads examined. | 鼓励朋友去做脑部检查 |
[41:15] | You okay? | 你还好吗? |
[41:17] | Melissa quit her moonlighting job. | Melissa辞去了她的夜间工作 |
[41:25] | You’re really scared. | 你真的很害怕 |
[41:28] | Just concerned. | 只是有些关心 |
[41:31] | Not to worry. | 别担心 |
[41:33] | Oh, all right. | 哦,好吧 |
[41:36] | I’ll sleep with you in | 我会跟你一起睡在 |
[41:37] | your room, but not in the bed. | 你的房间里,但不会睡一张床 |
[41:39] | Denny, you sleep like a log. | Denny,你睡得那么死 |
[41:40] | I’d have to step on your head for you to stir. | 我要踩在你的头上你才会醒 |
[41:43] | Tie a rope around me. | 那就在我身上牵根绳子 |
[41:46] | – You mean it? – It’ll be like a sleepover. | – 你说真的? – 会像是彻夜狂欢 |
[41:49] | Friends have sleepovers. | 朋友们喜欢彻夜狂欢 |
[41:51] | We could watch a movie. | 我们可以看部电影 |
[41:53] | – Popcorn. – Root beer floats. | – 来点爆米花 – 加上冰冻根啤 |
[41:55] | – Tell ghost stories. – Talk about girls. | – 讲讲鬼故事 – 谈谈小妞 |
[41:58] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[42:00] | Pretend we’re kids. | 假装我们还是孩子 |
[42:05] | Pretend we’re kids. | 假装我们还是孩子 |