Skip to content

英美剧电影台词站

波士顿法律(Boston Legal)第2季第7集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Posted on July 8, 2024 By taiciben_script_user No Comments on 波士顿法律(Boston Legal)第2季第7集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
时间 英文 中文
[00:13] Did he say what it was about? 他有说是什么事吗?
[00:14] No, and I tried to get him to tell me. 没有 我试图让他告诉我
[00:16] He said he’d only speak to you. 但他说只想和你谈
[00:17] Well, I’ve got the weeks coming in. 可是 我这个星期都安排满了
[00:19] They’re fighting over the Nantucket house again. 他们又在为楠塔基特岛的房子而争吵了 (楠塔基特岛位于美国马萨诸塞州沿海)
[00:21] He says he’ll only speak to you. 他说只想和你谈
[00:27] Dwight, how are you? Dwight 你好吗?
[00:29] Oh, not good, Shirley. 不是那么好Shirley
[00:33] – Why? – Jeanie is leaving me. – 为什么? – Jeanie 要离开我了
[00:36] What? Why? 什么? 为什么?
[00:39] And she’s trying to have the marriage annulled. 而且她正试图抹杀整个婚姻的存在事实
[00:41] That’s ridiculous, not to mention impossible. 那很荒谬 而且不可能
[00:44] You’ve been married over 20 years. 你们已经结婚20多年了
[00:46] She just wants it all erased 她就是要把一切都抹去
[00:47] as if, as if I never existed, I guess. 就像 就像从来没有发生过
[00:51] Why? What’s gotten into her? 为什么? 她发生什么事了?
[00:54] Well, it’s more of what I’ve gotten into, I suppose. 那个 事实上 是我发生了点事
[00:59] I strayed. 我有了外遇
[01:02] You? 你?
[01:04] Well, I, I can’t pretend I’m not shocked. 好吧 我不能假装我不吃惊
[01:07] Even so, infidelity isn’t grounds for annulment. 就算是那样 也没有理由废除你们的婚姻啊
[01:14] There’s something you’re not telling me. 你有事瞒着我
[01:19] I strayed with Wendy. 我和Wendy 好上了
[01:21] You’ve met Wendy. 你见过Wendy的
[01:24] Wendy… Wendy…
[01:27] Your cow? 你的…母牛?
[01:30] We became very close. 我们变得很亲密
[01:32] One night, I’d had a bit to drink, I suppose. 有一天晚上 我想我喝多了
[01:36] Jeanie and I had been a little estranged, and… 而且我和Jeanie 有一点疏远 所以…
[01:41] You strayed… 你和一头畜生…
[01:43] with livestock? 好上了?
[01:45] It’s not what you think. 并不是你所想的那样
[01:46] It was all very loving. I know Jeanie. 它实在是很可爱 我了解Jeanie
[01:49] She’s gonna try and make me out a big sicko. 她想试图证明我是个疯子
[01:51] Geez. 咝…
[01:52] Obviously, I made a mistake, 很明显 我犯了一个错误
[01:54] but I’ve been a good husband for 23 years, 但是我23年来一直都是一个好丈夫
[01:57] a deacon at our church, a model philanthropist, 教堂中的执事 一个模范慈善家
[02:00] a respected professor at a major university, 一所大学里德高望众的教授
[02:03] a town selectman, even. 我甚至还是镇里面管理委员会的成员
[02:05] You sleep with one cow. 你和一头牛睡觉
[02:07] Please don’t make sport. 请别嘲笑我
[02:10] And don’t make light. 也别鄙视我
[02:12] I don’t want to lose my wife. 我不想失去我的妻子
[02:47] You cannot turf this one to me. 你不能把这个案子丢给我
[02:49] – Shirley… – Oh, but I can. – 噢 我当然可以 – Shirley…
[02:51] Look, I can defend almost 看 我可以为任何人
[02:54] anyone against almost anything but… 辩护任何事情 但是…
[02:56] growing up, I had a cow. 我原来养过一头牛
[02:58] – You? – Not sexually. As a pet. – 你…? – 别乱想 是我的宠物
[03:01] Bumpy. 叫做Bumpy
[03:02] I had dogs, cats, a tree frog, but… 我养过小猫 小狗 树蛙 但是…
[03:06] Bumpy Bumpy.
[03:07] I cherished that animal. 是我最喜欢的动物
[03:09] To think what Dwight… 一想到Dwight…
[03:12] I can’t go there, Denise. 我不能接这个案子Denise
[03:13] What makes you think I can? 为什么你认为我可以呢?
[03:14] You’re being asked to. 我要你接
[03:15] The name of this firm is Crane, Poole and Schmidt. 这间事务所的名字是Crane Poole and Schmidt
[03:19] I’m Schmidt. 我是Schmidt
[03:20] Shirley, please, I am begging you. Shirley 别 我求你了
[03:22] – Someone’s got to do it, Denise – 总得有人去接Denise
[03:23] Can’t be me. 不可能是我
[03:32] Denny Crane. Denny Crane.
[03:34] I don’t know why I’m here. 我不知道我来这干嘛
[03:38] Denny Crane I’ve been summoned. 我是被叫来的 Denny Crane.
[03:40] Denny Crane Denny Crane.
[03:42] Denny Crane Denny Crane.
[03:44] Denny Crane Denny Crane.
[03:47] Trial date is set for December the 审判日期定于 12月2日
[03:49] 2nd. We will conference a week from today. 从今天开始的1周内我们会对此案进行商讨
[03:51] Denny Crane. Who the hell called, and why? Denny Crane 究竟是谁叫我来的 叫我来干什么?
[03:54] Oh, Denny Crane. 噢Denny Crane
[03:55] Ah, Mr. Crane, recall Jessel, would you, please? Crane先生来了 请你重新传召Jessel
[03:59] Docket number 166253, commonwealth vs Ronald Jessel. 案件编码166253 联邦政府对Ronald Jessel
[04:03] Mr. Crane, you’ve been assigned to Crane先生 你被指派
[04:05] represent one of our indigent defendants. 为我们一位请不起律师的被告辩护
[04:07] Thank you for coming in. 谢谢你能来
[04:08] No can do, judge. 不 我不干 法官
[04:09] – I beg your pardon? – Indigent are poor. – 你说什么? – 请不起律师就是穷人
[04:11] Hate the poor. Can’t pay. 我讨厌穷人 他们不会付钱
[04:13] Mr. Crane, this isn’t a request. It’s a court order. Crane先生 这不是请求 这是法院的指示
[04:15] Unless you think that senior 除非你认为事务所的高级合伙人
[04:17] partners are exempt from civic duty. 能够免除应尽的义务
[04:18] Was it a hooker? I can do hookers. 是妓女吗? 妓女我可以接受
[04:20] It’s a murder case. Your client is right there. 是谋杀案 你的委托人就在那边
[04:27] Defense pleads guilty. 被告认罪
[04:29] We accept the district 我们接受地区检察官
[04:30] attorney’s recommendation for sentencing. 提出的判决
[04:32] Denny Crane Denny Crane.
[04:33] Come back here this instant, or 给我回来
[04:35] you will be held in contempt, sir. 不然我判你藐视法庭 先生
[04:37] What did you just say? 你刚才说什么?
[04:38] You will meet your client. 你必须和你的委托人商量
[04:40] You will return here this 然后今天下午
[04:41] afternoon to enter your plea, 回来这里抗辩
[04:42] and you will give him adequate representation. 你必须遵循他的意愿来进行辩诉
[04:45] He allegedly killed a 13-year-old 他涉嫌杀害一名13岁的女孩
[04:47] girl, hence the presence of the media. 因此吸引了许多媒体到场
[04:49] He’ll get high-profile representation as well. 他也有权获得良好的辩护
[04:53] Go. 去吧
[05:07] Hope you die. 去死吧
[05:10] Denny Crane Denny Crane.
[05:33] Hey! Kid. Front and center. 嘿 小子 过来
[05:38] Bet you’d lick my shoes for a 我猜为了获得一个谋杀案件
[05:39] murder case, wouldn’t you, kid? 你会舔我的鞋子 对吧小子?
[05:40] I would, sir. 我会的 先生
[05:42] Because I like you, you won’t have to lick them. 因为我喜欢你,你不必舔它们
[05:44] Just dust them with your sleeve. 用你的袖子帮我擦擦就可以了
[05:46] Yes, sir. 是的先生
[05:47] We can’t have a clown waxing 我们不能聘请一个
[05:49] on about G-8 and world issues. 老是把八国峰会和国际时事挂在嘴边的小丑
[05:50] For god’s sake, it’s a children’s show. 看在上帝的份上 那可是给儿童看的演出
[05:52] – Well, when did you fire him? – Friday. – 你们什么时候解雇他的? – 周五
[05:54] He filed for the TRO yesterday. 他昨天向法院申请临时限制令
[05:55] Look, this could be a public relations nightmare. 这会对我们公司的形象造成很大的影响
[05:58] He’s the only Zozo the station’s ever had. 他可是那个独一无二的Zozo
[06:02] May I help you ladies? 女士们 有什么事吗?
[06:04] We’re here for the assistant’s position. 我们是来应征助手的
[06:11] Congratulations. You’re hired. 恭喜你 你被聘用了
[06:13] Thank you all. 谢谢各位前来
[06:15] Let’s go inside. 我们进去说
[06:16] Alan, you can’t just do that. Alan 你不能这么做
[06:17] You have to at least interview. 你起码要进行面试
[06:18] Why? I have a very strong feeling about this one. 为什么? 我觉得这位非常适合
[06:22] Can you type? 你会打字吗?
[06:24] – Some. – See? – 还好吧 – 对吧?
[06:28] What happened to Shirley? Shirley呢?
[06:30] Shirley likes to assign cases to the hot hand and, Shirley 想让最红的律师接手这个案子
[06:32] right now I’m hot. 而现在我最红
[06:34] I’ve known her since we were kids. 我和她算是青梅竹马了
[06:36] I mean, she knows me. That’s, that’s why… 我是说 她了解我 这就是为什么…
[06:38] Which is exactly why you 这正是你应该找其他人
[06:40] should be with someone else. 接这个案子的原因
[06:42] Shirley could be too close Shirley 和你太熟了
[06:45] to see things objectively. 会影响到她的判断力
[06:49] It’s Bumpy, isn’t it? 是因为Bumpy 对吧?
[06:53] I had such a crush on that cow. 我也非常喜欢那头牛
[06:56] That doesn’t make me gay. 但那不意味着我是同性恋
[06:58] Mr. Biddle, have you, um, Biddle 先生你是否 呃
[07:01] – Gotten counseling for this? – Yes. – 接受过心理辅导? – 是的
[07:03] Yes. I’m working on it. 我有 我正在接受辅导
[07:06] Look, Jeanie married me for better or worse, right? 关于那个Jeanie 嫁给我到底对不对 是吧?
[07:09] And for 20-plus years, it’s been a great marriage. 而20多年来 事实证明这是个美好的婚姻
[07:12] I still love her. 我仍爱着她
[07:15] I don’t want to lose her. 我不想要失去她
[07:25] Defense enters a plea of not guilty, your honor. 被告提出无罪的答辩 法官阁下
[07:27] At this time, we would like to 而现在 我们申请
[07:28] be heard on bail. This matter… 获得假释…
[07:29] Hold on just a second. Where’s Denny Crane? 等一下 Denny Crane去哪了?
[07:32] I’m an attorney from Crane, Poole & Schmidt, sir. 我代表Crane, Poole & Schmidt 事务所接受此案 阁下
[07:34] I’m appearing… I didn’t assign 我好像没有把这个案子
[07:36] this case to Crane, Poole & Schmidt. 分派给Crane, Poole & Schmidt事务所
[07:38] I assigned it to Denny 我把它分派给Denny Crane
[07:39] Crane, counselor. Where is he? 他在哪?
[07:41] He’s back at the firm, sir. 他回事务所了 阁下
[07:43] I asked him to do a little research. 我请他做一些调查
[07:46] Are you making a joke in my 你在我的法庭上
[07:47] courtroom, counsel? No, sir. – 开玩笑吗 律师? – 不是的 阁下
[07:49] Step up here, counsel. 过来 律师
[07:54] Have you ever tried a case before, counsel? 你之前有接过案子吗 律师?
[07:56] I won my moot court competition at Suffolk, sir. 我曾经赢得过萨克福大学的模拟法庭辩论赛 阁下
[08:01] Turn around. 转过身去
[08:03] What are you going to do? 你要做什么?
[08:04] I asked you to turn around. 我叫你转过身去
[08:06] I see members of the media here. 我看见在场有许多媒体
[08:08] Some of you have video cameras. 你们当中有些人带来了摄像机
[08:09] I invite you to point them this way. 请把镜头对准这边
[08:12] We like to think that all are 我们都认为
[08:14] entitled to a fair trial in this country, 我们国家的所有人都有权利得到公平的审判
[08:17] that we have an advocacy system about truth. 我们自以为我们拥有公平正义的司法系统
[08:19] But the real truth, the ugly one, 但是真相 丑陋的真相是
[08:21] is that the indigent get anything but fairness. 穷人通常都得不到公平
[08:25] On this side, we have a district attorney 一方面 我们的原告
[08:28] with 50 homicide trials under his belt, 地区检察官手头堆积着50个谋杀案子
[08:31] and here, representing the accused, 而另一方面 为被告辩护的
[08:33] we have a boy who won his moot 却是一个只赢过法学院模拟法庭辩论赛的
[08:36] court competition in law school. 乳臭未干的小鬼
[08:38] This is how it is, people. 这就是现实 大家看
[08:40] The poor get the lawyers who 穷人只能获得一个没有任何
[08:42] can’t get real clients of their own. 实战经验的新手律师为他们辩护
[08:43] We have a system where the state 我们的制度导致了在这种情况下
[08:45] matches the best and the brightest 我们总是用最好的最聪明的律师
[08:46] against defense attorneys coming out of 作为原告对着毫无经验
[08:49] a pool of inexperience and incompetence. 缺乏能力的被告律师
[08:51] It is an insult to our notion of democracy. 这是对我们国家民主的侮辱
[08:53] It makes a mockery of criminal justice. 这是对司法系统的嘲笑
[08:55] I will not indulge a mockery in my courtroom. 我决不允许这种事在我的庭上发生
[08:58] Turn around, counsel. 转过来 律师
[09:00] Put one arm behind your back, as if it were tied. 把你的一只手放在身后 就像被绑住一样
[09:04] Now stand on one leg 然后用一条腿站立
[09:06] as if your client barely has a leg 就像你的委托人只有一条腿一样
[09:11] to stand on with you as his counsel. 现在你就这样跳回去
[09:13] Now you hop on out of here. 告诉Denny Crane 如果他
[09:14] Tell Denny Crane if he doesn’t show up to represent his client, 不亲自为他的委托人辩护
[09:16] he will be jailed. 他就要去坐牢
[09:19] Hop, now! 现在就去!
[09:36] Clown goes up first. Why don’t you take him? 小丑先开始陈述 不如你来对付他吧?
[09:41] Do you have a real name on this guy? 他有名字吗?
[09:43] Yeah, Robert Berrin, but 当然 Robert Berrin
[09:44] he’s been Zozo for 13 years. 但是他已经扮演Zozo 13年了
[09:46] I figure I’ll take our client on direct. 我想我就直接负责我们的委托人好了
[09:48] This is at-will employment? 他们之间是任意雇佣关系吗?
[09:50] Yes, but the discharge has to be in good faith. 是的 但是解雇必须要有恰当理由
[09:53] He was up for a big contract bump. So 他签了一个比较大的合同 所以
[09:55] my bet is they’re gonna argue pretext. 我想这会成为他们的借口
[09:57] Excuse me. 打扰一下
[09:59] Could I steal Alan for one second? 我能和Alan 说几句话吗?
[10:01] We’re in a meeting, Melissa. 我们正在开会Melissa
[10:03] Oh. Yeah. It’s, it’s just… 噢 我知道 只是…
[10:05] I started thinking. I think the 我刚才在想
[10:07] high of getting the job kind of… 我想是得到这份工作让我有点兴奋…
[10:09] It just hit me. Um, the 你聘请人员的标准
[10:11] criterion on which I was hired, 让我有点想法
[10:13] and now that I am hired, I just 既然现在我被雇用了
[10:14] thought that I should be clear. 我只是在想我应该明确一下
[10:16] I will not be objectified. 我不想被当作是一个花瓶
[10:18] I will not be ogled. If I am, I write you up. 我不接受调戏 要不我会投诉你
[10:20] And no touching, no double 不要身体接触 不能说黄色笑话
[10:22] entendres, no comments on what I’m wearing. 不要评论我的衣着
[10:24] If I get any of that, I write you up. 要不然 我就投诉你
[10:26] I’m your assistant, not your 我是你的助手
[10:28] subordinate. You cross that line, I… 不是你的性奴 你越线的话 我…
[10:29] I write you up. 我就投诉你
[10:31] Follow the rules, we should get along fine. 如果大家都遵守这些 我们会相处的很愉快的
[10:36] That’s all. 我说完了
[10:40] I told you to interview. 我告诉过你要面试的
[10:49] I will not indulge a mockery in my courtroom. 我决不允许这种事在我的庭上发生
[10:52] Turn around, counsel. 转过来 律师
[10:54] Now stand on one leg, 把你的一只手放在身后 就像被绑住一样
[10:55] as if your client barely has a leg 然后用一条腿站立
[10:57] to stand on with you as his counsel. 就像你的委托人只有一条腿一样
[10:59] Now you hop on out of here. 现在你就这样跳回去
[11:01] Tell Denny Crane if he doesn’t 告诉Denny Crane 如果他
[11:03] show up to represent his client, 不亲自为他的委托人辩护
[11:04] he will be jailed. 他就要去坐牢
[11:06] Hop, now! 现在就去!
[11:07] That was the scene at the courthouse this morning. 这是今天早上在法庭里发生的一幕
[11:09] Channel 8 own legal analyst Mike 8 频道的法律分析员Mike Turfer
[11:11] Turfer said he’s never seen anything… 说他从来没有见过…
[11:13] A judge says to hop, you do it? 法官说跳 你就跳?
[11:15] All right, Denny, you 好了 Denny
[11:16] obviously need to take over this case. 你很明显现在必须接这个案子
[11:18] We can send Alan in as backup. 我们可以让 Alan 当你的副手
[11:20] – Denny… – I don’t need backup. – 我不需要副手 – Denny…
[11:21] I can handle this case. I can handle this judge. 我可以搞定这个案子 我也可以搞定这个法官
[11:26] A homicide, right? 谋杀案而已 对吧?
[11:28] Homicide and rape. 谋杀和强奸
[11:41] Mister Rogers, Sesame street, 罗杰斯先生 芝麻街
[11:43] Thomas the tank engine, the 托马斯火车头
[11:45] magic school bus, oh, you name it. 神奇校车 噢 这些耳熟能详的名字 (上述均为儿童节目)
[11:47] All the top children’s entertainers are educators. 最好的儿童娱乐节目都是带有教育性的
[11:50] He never said he’d be in costume. 他从来没有说过他会穿成这样
[11:52] Always in public. 他总是在公众场合这样穿
[11:53] But, Mr. Berrin, why global warming? 但是 Berrin先生 为什么要提到全球变暖?
[11:55] Mainly because it’s possibly the 主要是由于这可能是
[11:57] number one threat to this planet, 对我们地球最大的威胁
[11:59] and our country’s doing almost nothing. 而我们的国家却对其无所作为
[12:01] Can you do the cross? 你能做交叉询问吗?
[12:02] Uh, even so, uh, 呃 尽管如此
[12:05] none of this seems funny, and you’re a clown. 可是这不好笑 而你是个负责搞笑的小丑
[12:09] Global warming could result in a rising sea level 全球气候变暖可能导致海平面上升
[12:11] that could make a huge part 这会导致地球的
[12:13] of the world uninhabitable. 大部分地方都不适合人类居住
[12:15] We as Americans have a responsibility. 作为美国人 我们必须承担义务
[12:18] The U.S. makes up 4% of the world’s population, 美国拥有着世界4%的人口
[12:21] but we produce 25% of the carbon dioxide pollution, 但是我们制造了
[12:22] most of any country. 世界上25%的二氧化碳
[12:26] The United states is the 美国已经成为
[12:28] leading cause of global warming. 导致全球变暖的主要因素
[12:29] We need to take a leading 因此我们必须承担起
[12:31] role in finding the solution. 解决这个问题的领导责任
[12:42] Let’s go. You’re up. 去吧 该你了
[12:46] You go. 你去
[12:48] What? 什么?
[12:50] No questions, your honor. 我们没有问题要问 法官阁下
[12:54] What are you doing? 你在干什么?
[12:55] If you want to cross-examine him, Brad, you do it. 如果你想盘诘他 你去
[12:59] What’s going on? 发生什么事了?
[13:00] Nobody ever said he’d be in costume. 没人告诉我他穿成这样
[13:08] I’m afraid of clowns. 我害怕小丑
[13:15] How can anybody be afraid of a clown? 怎么会有人害怕小丑?
[13:17] Keep your voice down. 小声点
[13:18] Now his testimony goes uncontested. 现在他的证词占了上风
[13:20] – You could have crossed. – I didn’t prep a cross. – 你应该盘诘的他的 – 我没有准备这部分
[13:22] – What’s going on? – He’s afraid of clowns. – 怎么啦? – 他害怕小丑
[13:23] I am not. 才不是
[13:25] It was strategy. 这是一个策略
[13:28] Hey. 嗨
[13:33] Any calls? 有电话找我吗?
[13:35] Not really. 没有
[13:36] Afraid of clowns, huh? 害怕小丑 嗯?
[13:44] You cannot enter a plea of guilty. 你不能够就此认罪
[13:47] Why not? 为什么不行?
[13:48] It is your intent, sir, to 承认这些指控
[13:50] plead guilty to these crimes? 是你的意愿吗 先生?
[13:51] Um, no, sir. 不是的 阁下
[13:53] You’re not gonna take his word for it, are you? 你不会把他的话当真吧?
[13:55] Come on, judge. 别这样 法官阁下
[13:56] If he’d murder, he’d lie. 如果是他做的 他当然会说不是
[13:58] Step up here, Mr. Crane. 过来Crane先生
[14:00] Yes. 好吧
[14:07] You can stop trying to get 别指望可以从
[14:08] yourself off the case, counsel. 这个案子脱身了 律师
[14:09] That isn’t going to happen. 我不会让你得逞的
[14:10] Look, judge, I can’t defend a man 法官阁下 我不能够为一个
[14:13] who raped and murdered a 13-year-old girl. 强奸并杀害了13岁女孩的人辩护
[14:16] – Somebody’s got to do it. – Why me? – 必须有人帮他辩护 – 为什么选我?
[14:17] Because I said so. 因为我要选你
[14:19] Which brings me to my second issue. 好吧 那我只能想其他办法了
[14:22] Which is 是什么
[14:23] You’re a douche bag. I 你这个傻逼
[14:25] don’t do well with douche bags. 我不喜欢和傻逼共事
[14:28] That won’t work either. 我不吃这套
[14:30] You will try this case. 你要接这个案子
[14:31] All you will accomplish 你要把它打完
[14:33] with this unfettered insolence 而且由于你的言行
[14:34] is a jail sentence for 在案件完结后
[14:36] contempt after you’ve tried this case. 我要以藐视法庭罪判你监禁
[14:39] Do I make myself clear, Mr. Crane? 听清楚了吗Crane先生?
[14:52] I can understand that she’s horrified, 我可以理解她的心情
[14:54] but to annul the marriage? 但是要撤销整个婚姻?
[14:56] Your honor, it is so aberrant. 阁下 这段婚姻很异常
[14:58] It is such an abomination. It is so abhorrent. 这个婚姻是那么的恶心 那么的令人反感
[15:01] And she’s just on the “A” words. 她就只会说这些陈词滥调
[15:03] Let’s go to “B” then. 那说点惊世骇俗的吧
[15:05] Bestiality… Is not, ever – 兽交… – 从来就
[15:07] has been grounds for annulment. 不能作为撤销婚姻的理由
[15:09] Mrs. Biddle, why erase the whole marriage? Biddle 女士 你为什么要抹去整个婚姻的存在?
[15:16] Because it was never real. 因为它从来就不是真实的
[15:19] He was always in love with her. 他爱的只是它
[15:22] The cow. 那头牛
[15:23] Over the last ten years or so, 过去的十年间
[15:25] sometimes when we’d been 我们有时候会做下那事
[15:28] together, which was never a lot, 虽然仅有几次
[15:31] he’d call out her name, Wendy. 但是他总是在叫着它的名字 Wendy
[15:34] And before her, there was another cow. 而且在它之前 还有另外一头牛
[15:38] Another cow? 另…一头?
[15:40] Queenie Queenie.
[15:42] I never caught them, 虽然我从来没有抓到他的马脚
[15:43] but I saw the way he looked at her, 但是他看它的那种表情…
[15:46] and he would call out her name, too, 而且他也会在床上叫它的名字
[15:48] and then try to cover by saying I was his queen. 然后掩饰说我是他的女皇 (queenie 与女皇一词相近)
[15:53] This marriage is not real. 这场婚姻是不真实的
[15:57] And it hurts. 而且很伤人
[16:03] Mr. Biddle, I need to hear from you. Biddle 我想听你的解释
[16:08] – Why? – Because I do. – 为什么? – 因为我想听
[16:11] It’s shocking. 真令人震惊
[16:12] Tomorrow you will sit in that witness chair 明天你要坐上证人席
[16:15] and tell me why I shouldn’t 告诉我为什么我不能
[16:18] annul this union you’ve so disgraced. 撤销这场被你如此侮辱的婚姻
[16:27] See, if you request another lawyer, the judge… 听着 如果你要求换一个律师 法官…
[16:30] I ain’t requesting nothing. 我不准备换
[16:33] You have to. We don’t get along. 你必须换 我们合不来
[16:35] I like you just fine. 我觉得你很好
[16:37] You’re a big lawyer with big suck. 你是一个出名的大律师
[16:39] You’re just what I need. 你正是我需要的
[16:41] Look, I can’t bring myself to defend 听着 我不能为一个
[16:43] a man who killed a 13-year-old girl. 杀死13岁女孩的人辩护
[16:45] Oh, come on, man. 别这样 伙计
[16:48] Probably did her a favor. 我是在帮她呢
[16:52] – What did you say? – I got AIDS, Denny Crane. – 你说什么? – 我得了爱滋 Denny Crane
[16:54] She could have had a lot of suffering 我强奸了她
[16:56] ahead because I really went to town. 她可能会在往后受到更多折磨
[16:58] You know what I mean? 你知道我指什么吧?
[17:00] She’s probably lucky I ended it quick. 她也许会庆幸我提早结束了她的痛苦
[17:05] Well, if you really have AIDS, 好吧 如果你真的得了爱滋
[17:07] there could be other psychological 那么我们可以借你有心理问题
[17:09] defenses available to us. Yeah. – 来进行辩护 – 没错
[17:11] Like traumatic distress, insanity, perhaps. 像是受到外界的伤害 精神错乱之类的
[17:15] On the other hand… 另一方面…
[17:16] What the… 你想…
[17:17] It was an accident. 这是意外
[17:19] Oops! 噢!
[17:20] Freeze! Drop it! 不许动! 扔掉枪!
[17:21] He came at me. I feared for my life. 他向我冲来 我的生命受到威胁
[17:26] He should probably get new counsel. 他应该换一个新律师了
[18:04] When’s the arraignment? 什么时候进行传讯?
[18:06] Paul’s trying to head it off. Paul 正在试图取消它
[18:17] Denny, for god’s sake. Denny 看在上帝的份上
[18:19] You know, Alan… 你知道 Alan…
[18:23] I’m old. 我老了
[18:26] And I’m not going to spend what time I have left, 所以我不会把我剩下的时间 就算是一天也好
[18:31] not even a day, defending child rapist killers. 浪费在一个强奸杀人犯身上
[18:37] I’d rather go to jail myself. 我宁愿坐牢
[18:42] I hear you’re afraid of clowns. 我听说你害怕小丑
[18:48] First time in my 我第一次在我的职业生涯里
[18:50] professional career I actually froze. 感到不知所措
[18:53] What happened? 以前发生了什么事?
[18:58] When I was 3 years old, my 我3岁的时候
[19:00] mother put some decorative, 我母亲在我房间里
[19:04] hideous clown face in my room. 摆放了一些可怕的小丑面具
[19:07] It so terrified me. 把我吓坏了
[19:10] I’d wet my bed, 我尿床了
[19:12] too afraid to pass him on my way to the bathroom. 因为我不敢从它身边经过去上厕所
[19:17] When I was 8, 当我8岁的时候
[19:18] I was again terrorized by a clown 我再次被一场游行中的
[19:22] at a parade, the very same face. 长着相同的脸的小丑吓到了
[19:27] I wet myself right there in the street. 我当场在街上尿裤子了
[19:30] And today… 今天…
[19:32] the same face again. 又是同一张脸
[19:35] I didn’t dare get up for fear I’d… 我甚至不敢起身 我怕我会…
[19:39] leave a puddle right in the courtroom. 当场在法院里失禁
[19:44] You do have issues, don’t you? 你滴了几滴出来 是不是?
[19:49] Denny, this is serious. Denny 说正经的
[19:52] You could be looking at real jail time. 你可能真的会被判入狱
[20:06] Dwight, have you sought professional help? Dwight 你有没寻求过专业的心理辅导?
[20:08] Yes. 有
[20:10] My therapist, he said the genesis of my infatuation 我的医生说 我这糊涂事可能源自
[20:14] could have the unconditional 我从中得到的
[20:17] adoration and acceptance I get from… 自信和肯定…
[20:20] Wendy. 从Wendy那
[20:21] Yes. 是的
[20:22] And didn’t your therapist also tell you 那么你的医生有没和你说
[20:24] your love for your wife Jeanie is in play here? 你对你妻子的爱只是逢场作戏?
[20:28] Yes. 有
[20:29] Could you elaborate? 你能解释一下吗?
[20:32] Well, Jeanie looks a little like a cow. 那个…Jeanie长得有点像牛
[20:37] You see? 你看
[20:38] I fell in love with Wendy 我爱上Wendy
[20:40] because she reminded me of you. 只是因为它让我想起了你
[20:49] I won’t insult you, Scott, 我本不想打搅你的 Scott
[20:51] by condoning Denny’s actions. Denny 的确动了手
[20:53] – Self-defense. – But a district attorney, – 正当防卫 – 但是作为一个社区检察官
[20:56] and I know you know this because I taught you, 你应该知道 因为是我教你的
[20:58] a district attorney should not bring a case 如果一个检察官缺乏
[21:00] when he lacks a good faith 足够的证据定罪
[21:02] belief of conviction. Hero. – 他就不应该提出诉讼 – 英雄
[21:03] Even if you could refute self-defense. 即使你可以驳倒正当防卫的证词
[21:06] Can’t. 不能
[21:06] No jury is going to convict him of wounding a man 没有法官会因为他伤害一个强奸
[21:09] who raped and strangled a 13-year-old girl. 并且杀害13岁少女的犯人而判他有罪
[21:12] What message are you asking me to send, Paul? 你想我怎么做 Paul?
[21:15] If a crime is popular enough, don’t prosecute? 因为犯人罪有应得 我就任其由之?
[21:17] You haven’t got evidence. 你没有确凿的证据
[21:19] It’s Denny’s word against the 只有Denny和那个凶手
[21:21] child rapist’s. Feared for my life. – 两个人在场 – 我的生命受到威胁
[21:23] And since you broached the topic of popularity… 而且你会因此处于舆论的焦点当中…
[21:27] you want to make attorney general, Scott. 我知道你想成为总检察官 Scott
[21:30] One needs public support to accomplish that. 这需要得到公众的支持
[21:33] How popular do you think you’ll 如果你为此起诉 Denny Crane
[21:35] be if you prosecute Denny Crane? 你认为这会对你的声望造成什么影响?
[21:38] Denny Crane Denny Crane.
[21:42] It’s a children’s show, for god’s sake. 这是给孩子们看的表演 看在上帝的份上
[21:45] He’s a clown, and he’s waxing 他只是一个小丑 但是他不停地
[21:47] on about the end of the world. 提及世界末日
[21:49] Did you talk to him? 你和他谈过吗?
[21:50] Over and over and over. 一而再 再而三
[21:52] He said he had a social responsibility. 他说他是个有着社会责任感的人
[21:55] My god, we had viewers clicking 我的天 简直就像我们的观众期待着
[21:57] over to Aaron Brown for a laugh. Aaron Brown能够逗他们发笑一样 (Aaron Brown 是CNN的著名新闻主持人)
[22:00] Our show became preachy, unfunny. 我们的表演变得不好笑了 像说教一样
[22:01] Ratings started to reflect it, 我们的收视率节节下滑
[22:03] and we simply had to get a new clown. 因此我们必须找个新的小丑
[22:06] Zozo talked about 9/11? Zozo 曾经谈及911事件?
[22:08] Yes, to help children cope. 是的 帮助孩子们克服恐惧
[22:10] The Columbine shootings? 哥伦比亚大学枪杀案?
[22:11] Many times he discussed tragic current events. 他曾多次提及目前发生的各种惨案
[22:14] So you’re firing him for 你因他不理会你的反对
[22:16] discussing serious subject matter, 坚持谈论严肃话题
[22:18] when he’s done so in the past with your approval? 而要解雇他?
[22:20] There is a line. 凡事都有底线
[22:21] Telling our viewers the planet is 告诉我们的观众地球就要毁灭
[22:23] about to become extinct crosses it. 这种话题越过了这条线
[22:25] After he told the kids to ask 因为他要求孩子们
[22:27] their parents about hybrid cars, 向他们的父母推荐混合动力车
[22:29] that’s when he got fired, wasn’t it? 然后他就被解雇了 是吗?
[22:30] This has nothing to do with hybrid… 这和混合动力车没有关系…
[22:32] WKNW is owned by an oil and gas company. WKNW 电视台为一家石油天然气公司所拥有
[22:35] Nothing to do with our 这和我们的母公司没有关系
[22:37] parent company. He wasn’t funny. 他只是不够好笑
[22:39] We needed a funny clown. 而我们需要一个好笑的小丑
[22:55] How’s it going? 进展如何?
[22:57] I’m sitting here trying to come up 我坐在这里尝试做一个
[22:59] with a closing to defend bestiality. 结案陈词来为兽交辩护
[23:01] That’s how it’s going. 就这样
[23:02] You don’t have to defend it so much as… 你不必在这方面过多的辩护…
[23:06] What’s this? 这是什么?
[23:07] Research. 研究报告
[23:09] Do you realize that studies show 你知不知道研究表明
[23:11] 10 to 30% of sexually active adults 10到30%处于性活跃期的成年人
[23:14] have fantasized or had some 曾经有过和动物发生关系
[23:17] form of encounter with an animal? 的性幻想?
[23:20] Denise, I… Denise 我…
[23:24] Are we ready? 准备好了吗?
[23:26] All set. 好了
[23:29] You don’t have to treat me like a leper, Shirley. 你不要把我当成神经病 Shirley
[23:31] I don’t have a disease. 我没有病
[23:33] Dwight, you’re my friend, Dwight 你是我的朋友
[23:35] and I will try to stand by you through this but, 我会支持你熬过这场官司 但是
[23:39] let’s not pretend you don’t have a serious illness. 不要装作你没毛病
[23:42] There are worse things than loving an animal. 比爱上动物更糟的事情多了去了
[23:44] Really? Name three. 真的? 举三个例子看看
[23:47] You know, I was never gonna tell you this. 你要知道 我本来不打算告诉你这个的
[23:49] When you were 13, and your parents sent Bumpy away, 当你13岁的时候 你的父母把Bumpy送走了
[23:53] it wasn’t to some greener pasture 那可不是送去草原上
[23:55] where he’d be happier like they told you. 当然他们是这样对你说的
[23:57] Bumpy went to a slaughterhouse. Bumpy其实被送去了屠宰场
[24:00] And then he returned to your freezer. 然后回到了你家的冰箱
[24:03] You ate him, Shirley. 你吃了它 Shirley
[24:05] So don’t get so high and mighty with me. 所以 不要这样对我
[24:07] You ate your precious Bumpy! 你吃掉了你最喜欢的Bumpy!
[24:21] Why should I have to close? 为什么要我做结案陈词?
[24:23] Why should I have done everything else? 为什么要所有东西都要我一个人做?
[24:25] Exactly. 没错
[24:26] You’ve got a connection going that… 因为你有我所没有的…
[24:30] I lack. 能力
[24:32] Why are you afraid of clowns? Really. 你为什么那么怕小丑? 说真的
[24:37] Because… 因为…
[24:39] they’re evil. 他们是魔鬼
[24:41] And it simply isn’t right 而且家长们不应该
[24:44] for parents to tell their children to just… 让他们的孩子…
[24:50] trust them so. 相信这一点
[24:54] Did a clown ever… do anything to you? 是不是曾经有小丑对你做过什么…?
[24:58] No! 当然不是!
[25:01] They’re just… 他们只是…
[25:03] evil. 魔鬼
[25:04] Alan… Alan…
[25:06] you need to close. 你必须做结案陈词
[25:08] First, you have a better grip on 首先你
[25:10] this whole global warming issue, 对全球变暖这个主题比较熟悉
[25:12] which I tend to dismiss as… 而我对这方面…
[25:13] Fuzzy math. 一窍不通
[25:15] And second, 其次
[25:17] at some point, every man, 某种意义上说 每个人
[25:19] even the half-evolved kind, 就算是小孩子
[25:21] needs to confront his fears. 也必须学会面对自己内心的恐惧
[25:23] You need to stand up and deliver this closing. 你必须站起来 进行结案陈词
[25:28] Will the clown be there? 那个小丑会在那儿吗?
[25:46] Animal rights activists are obviously very upset, 动物保护主义者明显很愤怒
[25:48] though it should be noted there is no 虽然没有证据表明
[25:51] evidence that the cow ever complained. 那头牛有过任何抱怨
[25:53] Your client’s behavior doesn’t shock you, counsel? 你委托人的行为没有让你感到很吃惊吗 律师?
[25:56] Of course it does. But sex with animals? 当然有 但是和动物发生性关系?
[26:00] It’s hardly a new concept. 那已经不是什么新闻了
[26:02] Greek literature is full of it. So is art. 古希腊的文学已经提到了它 而且作为艺术
[26:05] Chagall. Picasso. 夏卡尔 毕加索
[26:07] Rembrandt. They’ve all depicted it. 伦布兰特 这些画家都曾画过这个主题
[26:09] To this day, men still dream of mermaids. 迄今为止 人们还在希望遇见美人鱼
[26:12] And what woman hasn’t had a friend with a half-man, 而且哪个女人没有幻想过
[26:16] half-bull fantasy? 拥有一个有着野兽般体魄的朋友?
[26:18] Your honor, I need you to listen. 法官阁下 我要求您倾听我的话
[26:21] Look, if you intend to romanticize the idea… 如果是试图将这个事情浪漫化…
[26:24] Shakespeare already did that 莎士比亚已经在《仲夏夜之梦》里写过了 (仲夏夜之梦为莎士比亚著名喜剧)
[26:27] in “A midsummer night’s dream.” 叶芝也在他著名的诗歌《丽达与天鹅》里提过 (叶芝为爱尔兰诗人1923年的诺贝尔文学奖获得者)
[26:31] So did yeats in his famous poem “Leda and the swan.” “这受惊而茫然的手指”
[26:35] “How can these “push the feathered glory terrified, vague fingers” from her loosened thighs?” “又怎能推开那侵入微张的双腿间的白羽的荣耀?”
[26:40] Lord, love a duck! 天啊 爱上一只鸭子!
[26:41] So did Leda. Leda的确爱上了它
[26:43] And who can forget King Kong and Fay Wray? 还有我们耳熟能详的金刚和Fay Wray
[26:45] And where did Stuart Little come from? 还有 “精灵鼠小弟” 呢?
[26:47] Sex with a cow is outrageous. 和一头牛发生性关系是不可容忍的
[26:51] It’s gross. 是令人厌恶的
[26:52] And it’s every bit as 而且令人震惊
[26:54] shocking as the plaintiff contends, 如同原告所说的一样
[26:55] but it is not grounds for annulment. 但是不是撤销婚姻的依据
[26:58] And if you suddenly declare that it is, watch out. 如果你因此宣布撤销婚姻 看着吧
[27:00] Because there very well 那将会有更多的
[27:02] may be more of this out there 更加超出我们想象的
[27:03] than any of us want to believe. 此类案子出现
[27:07] He cheated on his wife. 他对他的妻子不忠
[27:10] She’s entitled to a divorce. 她有权利要求离婚
[27:12] But bestiality is not, never 但是 兽交
[27:14] has been grounds for annulment. 绝对不能成为撤销婚姻的理由
[27:17] By the way, in some states 话说回来 在某些国家
[27:19] it’s not even expressly outlawed. 这根本就不是违法行为
[27:22] Of course, she’s humiliated and feeling disgraced. 当然 她受到侮辱而且感到羞耻
[27:28] But that doesn’t change the fact 但是这不能改变事实
[27:30] they had a marriage. 他们有过一段婚姻
[27:50] None of this is to say we 这并不代表我们相信
[27:51] believe in Mr. Crane’s innocence. Crane先生是无辜的
[27:53] We don’t. 我们并不相信
[27:54] But we have to face the reality 但是我们必须承认
[27:56] we lack a good faith 我们缺乏足够的证据
[27:57] belief of securing a conviction. 来起诉他
[27:59] We’re therefore declining to 因此我们目前
[28:00] make an arrest at this time. 并不能够逮捕他
[28:02] Personally, I am disgusted by his conduct, 个人而言 我对他的行为表示愤概
[28:05] and I will report his actions 而我将会向律师业监管委员会
[28:07] to the board of bar overseers. 反映他的所作所为
[28:09] The putz. 这个傻逼
[28:12] – You ought to be happy. – I’m not happy. – 你应该感到高兴 – 才不呢
[28:14] He insulted me on live television. 他竟敢在电视上侮辱我
[28:16] You dodged a bullet, Denny. 你避过了一场刑罚 Denny
[28:17] And took one right in the ass. The putz! 可是他在我背后放冷箭 这个傻逼!
[28:22] He had incorporated many 他过去多次在他的节目中
[28:23] serious subjects into his programs, 加入严肃的主题
[28:25] all with the station’s approval. 而电视台都同意他这么做
[28:27] But when he moved on to global 但是当他谈论到
[28:30] warming, carbon dioxide pollution, 全球变暖 二氧化碳污染
[28:32] he suddenly had to be stopped? 他就突然间被禁止了?
[28:34] Because he was suddenly less funny? 因为他突然间不好笑了?
[28:37] No. 不是的
[28:38] Because the station was owned by Globoco oil. 因为这间电视台属于Globoco 石油公司所有
[28:42] This discharge was wrongful. It was in bad faith. 这次解雇是不正当的 是不守信的
[28:46] My client has built this company’s 我的委托人为这间公司扮演Zozo
[28:49] fortunes for 13 years being Zozo. 在13年里为他们创造了大量的财富
[28:51] It is his livelihood. 这已经变成了他的生命
[28:53] He’s perhaps the most popular clown in this country. 他可能是这个国家里最受欢迎的小丑
[28:56] And this court should issue a TRO 因此法院应该颁布临时限制令
[28:59] to stop this outrageous travesty of justice. 来停止这场藐视公平的闹剧
[29:28] I could be wrong, but a 我也许错了 但是
[29:31] clown’s main job is to be funny. 小丑的主要任务就是使人发笑
[29:34] Global warming is not. 而全球变暖不好笑
[29:36] Your honor, the Arctic polar ice cap is 法官阁下 北极冰川面积正以
[29:40] declining at the rate of 9% per decade. 每10年9% 的速度递减
[29:43] We’re talking about a rising sea level 我们正在谈论的是
[29:46] that could wipe out huge 海平面逐年升高
[29:48] pieces of the world’s landmass, 正在逐步的侵蚀地球的陆地
[29:50] more importantly, us. 而且与我们密切相关
[29:53] Massachusetts, California, our coastlines. 麻省 加州 我们的海岸线
[29:57] That simply isn’t funny. 这一点都不好笑
[30:00] Unless, of course, you live in Nevada. 当然 除非您住在内华达州
[30:02] Don’t get me wrong. 打个不恰当地比喻
[30:04] Millions of Americans go to sleep at night 就好像数以百万计的美国人在每天睡觉前
[30:07] praying that the nation’s number one clown 都要祈祷我们国家最好的搞笑小丑
[30:10] will finally start caring about global warming. 也开始担心全球变暖的问题
[30:13] But this is a children’s entertainment show. 但是这是一个儿童娱乐节目
[30:17] And let me ask you. 我想问
[30:19] If our own government is allowed to 如果我们的政府被允许
[30:22] edit and alter scientific findings, 对科学发现进行编辑和修改
[30:24] if it can control the 以控制这些信息的蔓延
[30:26] information flow on this subject, 而引起民众的恐慌
[30:28] why then shouldn’t a private television station 为什么一家私营电视台
[30:32] get to enjoy that same freedom? 不能够拥有同样的权力?
[30:36] You’re a clown. 你是一个小丑
[30:38] Be funny. 你的任务是搞笑
[30:43] Global warming is not. 全球变暖不好笑
[31:20] In 35 years, Denny, I have 35年来 Denny
[31:22] never forbidden you to do anything. 我从来没有阻止过你做任何事
[31:24] Don’t start now. 那现在也别这样做
[31:25] I will call the partners together right now. 我现在就召集合伙人开会
[31:27] What’s going on? 怎么了?
[31:28] He’s going on… 他要去…
[31:30] “Larry King” “Larry King.” (CNN脱口秀节目)
[31:32] What? Tonight. He’s – 什么? – 今晚
[31:34] catching the 7 o’clock shuttle. 他去赶7点钟的通告
[31:35] Denny, you can’t be serious. Denny 你不会是认真的吧
[31:37] Why does everybody insist I can’t be serious? 为什么每个人都认为我在开玩笑?
[31:39] The district attorney 地区检察官
[31:41] slathered me on live television. 电视直播里诽告我
[31:44] I think you mean “slandered.” 我想你说的是”诽谤”
[31:45] – Well, I’ll have the last word – 随便 我会让他好看的
[31:47] Listen to me. 听着
[31:48] They could still bring charges, 他们仍然可能起诉你的
[31:51] if you say something to incriminate yourself. 如果你在电视上说错话的话
[31:53] Give me some credit, will you, Paul? 对我有点信心 Paul
[31:55] Credit? 信心?
[31:56] You shot out your client’s kneecaps! 你射穿了你委托人的膝盖!
[31:59] The public needs to hear from Denny Crane! 公众期待着听到Denny Crane的声音!
[32:02] TiVo me, will you? 记得帮我录下来 好吗?
[32:09] Please, god, have mercy. 上帝保佑
[32:16] How could you not stop him? 你怎么不阻止他?
[32:18] We tried to stop him. We 我们尽力了
[32:19] tried to get you to stop him. 我们也想让你阻止他
[32:21] Larry King Larry King.
[32:22] Alan, judge is back with a ruling. Let’s go. Alan 法官要宣读判决了 走吧
[32:27] – Tonight? – Come on. – 今晚? – 来吧
[32:29] Can’t you go by yourself? 你自己去不行吗?
[32:31] – It’s just a ruling. – You’re doing this. – 只是判决而已 – 你和我一起去
[32:42] Disgusting. 真恶心
[32:43] Regrettably, this fetish with animals 令人遗憾的是这种迷恋动物的
[32:46] may indeed be more 行为的确比我们想象的
[32:48] prevalent than we’d like to think. 要普遍
[32:49] And it’s a slippery slope. 这属于滑坡论 (滑坡论指的是裁决会对日后的其他案件的判决造成影响)
[32:51] Many women derive sexual 正如许多女性会因为骑马而
[32:54] pleasure from riding on a horse. Sick. 获得性快感一样 恶心
[32:57] But we can’t just go around annulling marriages 但是我们不能因为一个女人
[32:59] every time Debbie goes for a canter. Gross. 经常骑马而撤销婚姻关系 真下流
[33:05] I’m afraid your only legal recourse, Mrs. Biddle, 因此 Biddle夫人 我恐怕你能做的
[33:08] is divorce. 就是和他离婚而已
[33:13] Sick! 真肮脏!
[33:17] We’re adjourned. 休庭
[33:23] – Congratulations. – Thank you. – 恭喜你 – 谢谢
[33:35] I may have manifested my love for 也许我对你表达爱意的方式
[33:37] you in ways that brought you shame, 让你感到羞耻
[33:39] perhaps revulsion, 甚至是强烈的反感
[33:41] but I do love you. 但是我真的爱你
[33:42] And love is hard enough to find, Jeanie, 但是Jeanie 真爱通常要经过种种考验
[33:46] without attaching a lot of restrictions. 才能够找到
[33:49] “A lot of restrictions”? “种种考验”?
[33:52] It’s not like I set a lot of ground rules. 我并没有设下种种障碍来
[33:55] But limiting yourself to a 限制你只能喜欢
[33:58] single species is one of them, 所有物种中的一种
[34:00] our species, Dwight. 我们是人 Dwight
[34:02] I broke it off. 我不会再这样做了
[34:04] I’m gonna get rid of her. 我会远离它
[34:05] I think I’d like to sell the whole farm, 我想把整个农场卖掉
[34:08] move to the city, outside of all temptation. 搬到城市里住 远离它们
[34:11] You broke it off? 你不再做这种事了?
[34:13] Yes. 是的
[34:15] You’re never going to see her again? 你绝不再见它?
[34:18] I promise. 我保证
[34:42] Welcome back to “Larry King live.” 欢迎回到”Larry King现场”
[34:45] And with me now is Denny Crane, the 和我在一起的是Denny Crane
[34:47] legendary Boston attorney who just yesterday… 波士顿律师界的传奇人物…
[34:50] apparently opened fire on his own client. 他昨天向自己的委托人开火
[34:52] – It was self-defense. – You’re kidding. – 正当防卫 – 你在说笑
[34:55] Self-defense? You’re not really 正当防卫? 你不会
[34:56] asking people to believe that? 认为人们真的相信吧?
[34:58] Larry, it’s a crime to shoot people, Larry 向人开枪是犯罪
[35:00] even child-raping, murdering 对算面对的是一个强奸犯和杀人犯
[35:02] schmucks like my client was and still is. 像我委托人那样的人渣 这也是犯罪
[35:05] Okay. But clearly you’re not saying 好吧 就算你没说过
[35:06] if the defendant is repugnant enough, fair game, 但是如果被告罪有应得
[35:09] you’re entitled as a criminal 你作为他的律师有权
[35:12] defense attorney to shoot someone? 开枪射他?
[35:14] No, no, no. Come on. 不 当然不是 别这样
[35:15] It’s self, it’s self-defense. 这是自卫 正当防卫
[35:16] But even if I did 但是就算我真的选择
[35:18] simply choose to shoot him, which I 因此开枪射他
[35:20] didn’t, because it’s against the law, 虽然我没有做因为是犯法的
[35:22] so what? 那又怎么样?
[35:24] – Larry “So what”? Larry, you – “那又怎么样”?
[35:26] know what the real problem is? 你知道真正的问题出在哪吗?
[35:28] Too many criminals get away with it. 有太多的罪犯逃脱了法律的制裁
[35:30] We got hundreds of thousands of 我们还有成千上万件
[35:32] unsolved murders in this country. 待解决的谋杀案
[35:34] So what you’re saying is 因此你认为
[35:35] it’s okay for defense lawyers 作为辨方律师
[35:36] To take the law into their own hands. 可以代替法律进行判决
[35:38] No! Come on. 当然不是! 别这样
[35:40] You know what’s gonna happen with 你知道这个强奸儿童的人渣杀人犯
[35:42] this child rapist murdering scum? 的下场是什么吗?
[35:45] Ashcroft Ashcroft.
[35:46] God bless him, he’s gonna swoop in, 愿上帝保佑他 他会盯上这个案子
[35:48] and he’s gonna transfer 把它转移到
[35:49] this case to the federal court 联邦法院
[35:51] so we can impose the death penalty. 以死刑告终
[35:52] Denny, Ashcroft is no longer the attorney general. Denny…Ashcroft已经不再是大法官了
[35:56] Well, whatever. The Spanish guy. 随便吧 那个西班牙人大法官
[36:00] Even better. 还更好
[36:02] My client’s gonna get the death penalty, 我的委托人会被判处死刑
[36:04] bad knees and all, because he deserves it. 膝盖伤了也好 什么都好 他是罪有应得
[36:06] And all the bleeding liberals and all of Hollywood 然后那些感觉自己被冒犯的自由主义者
[36:09] will come running to defend 和整个好莱坞都会开始为他辩护
[36:11] him, make him a cause celebre. 把他当作一个明星看待
[36:13] But who’s crying for the 13-year-old girl? 但是有谁为那个13岁的女孩伸冤呢?
[36:18] The problem with the criminal justice system, 整个司法系统的毛病就在于
[36:21] the criminals have more 罪犯会得到更多的权利
[36:23] rights, they have more attention, 受到更多的关注
[36:24] they get more sympathy than the victims. 他们比受害者得到更多的同情
[36:27] It’s disgusting, Larry. 令人作呕啊 Larry
[36:30] It’s, it’s… 这 这真是…
[36:33] It’s disgusting. Let’s go to the listeners. 令人作呕啊 好了 让我们听听观众的看法
[36:36] Hey! Donna in Cincinnati, what do you got? 你好! 来自辛辛那提的Donna 你有什么要说?
[36:43] And while I find that the petitioner may 我认为原告的请求
[36:45] very well have a legitimate cause of action, 非常合理
[36:47] I don’t find such a 但是我找不到
[36:49] substantial likelihood of victory 充分的根据
[36:51] that would allow me to issue a TRO. 让我批准临时限制令
[36:53] Accordingly, I find for the defendant. 因此 我判被告胜诉
[36:56] I wish you all good luck 同时我希望你们双方好运
[36:58] and a satisfactory resolution. 而且找到满意的解决方式
[37:00] Adjourned. 休庭
[37:02] Oh, thank you both. That’s a relief. 谢谢你们 真是松了一口气
[37:04] We’re going to have to settle this. 我们还必须把剩下的事情处理完
[37:06] We will. 没问题
[37:08] Okay then. Let’s go home. 那么好吧 我们回家吧
[37:10] Alan Alan.
[37:16] You have to do this. 你还有事要做
[37:18] You’re 44 years old. 你已经44岁了
[37:25] Tell him you’re a fan. Shake his hand. 去告诉他你是他的仰慕者 和他握握手
[37:29] Will you go with me? 你会和我一块去吗?
[37:31] Right by your side. 我会在你身边
[37:50] Mr. Zozo, I, uh… Zozo 先生 我 呃…
[37:54] I just wanted to say… 我想说…
[37:58] how much I’ve always enjoyed your work. 我非常喜欢你的表演
[38:01] Thank you. 谢谢
[38:05] Would you like to squeeze my nose? 你想要捏我的鼻子吗?
[38:06] No, no, no. 不 不用了
[38:07] You’ve been more than kind. 你实在是太热情了
[38:11] Alan Alan.
[38:17] Well, perhaps one little squeeze. 那好吧 也许 捏一下
[38:57] You waited up for me. 你一直在等我
[38:59] And I’ve been frantic. 我快闷死了
[39:02] You, out at all hours. 你这么久才回来
[39:05] Did you see the show? 你看了我的节目吗?
[39:07] I did. 看了
[39:09] You were inimitable. 你的表演真是无与伦比
[39:14] Denny, what possessed you? Denny 你当时在想什么?
[39:18] Everybody’s so convinced I lost it, 每个人都认为我会输
[39:21] I was becoming convinced myself. 我也快被他们说服了
[39:24] So I decided to sail right into it. 所以我决定不想那么多了
[39:26] And I was Denny Crane. 而且我可是Denny Crane
[39:29] Yes, you were. 是的 你是
[39:32] I squeezed a clown’s nose tonight. 我今晚捏了一个小丑的鼻子
[39:35] Good for you. 对你而言很不错
[39:36] Guess we’re never too old to conquer our fears. 我想我们无论年纪多大 都可以征服内心的恐惧
[39:39] I got a call from the 我今晚接到一个电话
[39:41] Republican national party tonight. 是共和党方面打来的
[39:42] They think I might have a future in politics. 他们认为我也许很适合从政
[39:45] They want to put some feelers out. 他们想让我尝试一下
[39:47] Maybe me running for mayor. 也许让我竞选市长
[39:52] Of Boston? 波士顿市长?
[39:56] We wouldn’t get to be flamingos again. 那我们就不能在一起扮火烈鸟了
[39:59] Of course we would. 我们当然可以
[40:00] What would you do as mayor, Denny, really? 你当了市长后想干些什么Denny 说真的?
[40:04] Oh, I don’t know. I’d, uh… 哦 我也不知道 我 嗯…
[40:07] attack Rhode island. 也许会去攻打罗德岛
[40:10] It’s small. 那个地方很小
[40:13] What was the word you used to 你刚才用来形容
[40:15] describe me on the show tonight? 我今晚表现的词是什么?
[40:17] – Inimitable. – That’s it. – 无与伦比 – 没错
[40:19] That’s the kind of mayor I would be. 我要做这样一种市长
[40:22] Inimitable. 无与伦比
[40:27] It’s fun being me. 做我真有趣
[40:32] Is it fun being you? 做你有趣吗?
[40:34] Most of the time, yes, actually. 事实上 绝大多数时候 是的
[40:38] Well, what else is there? 很好 那就够了
[40:40] Indeed. 确实
波士顿法律

Post navigation

Previous Post: 波士顿法律(Boston Legal)第2季第6集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
Next Post: 波士顿法律(Boston Legal)第2季第9集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Archives

  • July 2024
  • June 2024

Categories

  • 1931年
  • 1939年
  • 1941年
  • 1942年
  • 1943年
  • 1944年
  • 1948年
  • 1952年
  • 1953年
  • 1954年
  • 1955年
  • 1956年
  • 1957年
  • 1958年
  • 1959年
  • 1960年
  • 1961年
  • 1962年
  • 1963年
  • 1964年
  • 1966年
  • 1967年
  • 1968年
  • 1969年
  • 1970年
  • 1971年
  • 1972年
  • 1973年
  • 1974年
  • 1975年
  • 1976年
  • 1977年
  • 1978年
  • 1979年
  • 1980年
  • 1981年
  • 1982年
  • 1983年
  • 1984年
  • 1985年
  • 1986年
  • 1987年
  • 1988年
  • 1989年
  • 1990年
  • 1991年
  • 1992年
  • 1993年
  • 1994年
  • 1995年
  • 1996年
  • 1997年
  • 1998年
  • 1999年
  • 2000年
  • 2001年
  • 2002年
  • 2003年
  • 2004年
  • 2005年
  • 2006年
  • 2007年
  • 2008年
  • 2009年
  • 2010年
  • 2011年
  • 2012年
  • 2013年
  • 2014年
  • 2015年
  • 2016年
  • 2017年
  • 2018年
  • 2019年
  • 2020年
  • 2021年
  • 2022年
  • 2023年
  • 2024年
  • barui
  • Uncategorized
  • 一切安好
  • 中央公园
  • 亢奋
  • 亿万
  • 传世
  • 兄弟连
  • 克拉丽丝
  • 克拉克森的农场
  • 内裤队长
  • 副警长
  • 十字剑
  • 博斯
  • 卡特特工
  • 双城之战
  • 发展受阻
  • 叶卡捷琳娜大帝
  • 哈哈大校
  • 坏法官
  • 坏老师
  • 基本演绎法
  • 大城小妞
  • 大学生费莉希蒂
  • 大神偷卡门
  • 大西洋帝国
  • 天使在美国
  • 娃娃脸
  • 小小安妮
  • 小谎大事
  • 少年间谍亚历克斯
  • 布里奇顿
  • 幻灭
  • 废柴联盟
  • 康斯坦丁
  • 开心汉堡店
  • 德古拉
  • 德里女孩
  • 怒呛人生
  • 恋爱挑战书
  • 惊异传奇
  • 惊悚50州
  • 意乱情迷
  • 成瘾剂量
  • 我为喜剧狂
  • 找寻自我
  • 摩斯探长前传
  • 教师情事
  • 敢不敢挑战我
  • 新成长的烦恼
  • 日常谜团
  • 明日传奇
  • 星际之门亚特兰蒂斯
  • 更美好的事
  • 末日巡逻队
  • 杀无赦
  • 柏林谍影
  • 死亡医师
  • 比弗利娇妻
  • 波士顿法律
  • 火线警告
  • 灵书妙探
  • 犯罪心理
  • 犯罪现场调查·拉斯维加斯
  • 犯罪现场调查·纽约篇
  • 犯罪现场调查迈阿密
  • 狂欢命案
  • 狄金森
  • 狗狗博客
  • 生活
  • 生活大爆炸
  • 眼见为虚
  • 破产姐妹
  • 破发点大满贯之路
  • 神烦警探
  • 红粉联盟
  • 绝命律师
  • 绝命毒师
  • 绝望的主妇
  • 绿箭侠
  • 罪恶黑名单
  • 美国众神
  • 美国恐怖故事
  • 美国罪案故事
  • 美女上错身
  • 美式主妇
  • 脆莓公园
  • 致命陷阱
  • 艾米丽在巴黎
  • 芝加哥急救
  • 芝加哥烈焰
  • 芝加哥警署
  • 蛇蝎女佣
  • 贴身保镖
  • 达芬奇的恶魔
  • 迷失
  • 逃离丹尼莫拉
  • 逝者之证
  • 郊狼
  • 金牌律师
  • 铁证悬案
  • 随性所欲
  • 零异频道
  • 马男波杰克
  • 鲍勃心动
  • 麻木不仁
  • 黑吃黑
  • 黑帆
  • 黑暗救赎
  • 黑色星期一

Copyright © 2025 英美剧电影台词站.

Powered by PressBook WordPress theme