Skip to content

英美剧电影台词站

波士顿法律(Boston Legal)第1季第16集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Posted on July 8, 2024 By taiciben_script_user No Comments on 波士顿法律(Boston Legal)第1季第16集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
时间 英文 中文
[00:12] My friend, I can’t tell you how good to see you. 朋友 我没法描述能见到你我有多高兴
[00:14] I got to be honest with you, I thought you were dead. 说真的 我以为你已经死了
[00:16] – Never felt better in my life. – Oh, come on. That’s a lie. – 我从没感觉这么好过 – 拜托 少骗人了
[00:18] Look at you. 看看你
[00:19] – How’s Sylvie? – Sylvie is dead. – Sylvie怎么样了? – Sylvie死了
[00:21] Fantastic. And the kids? 很好 孩子们呢?
[00:24] Denny, the last time we spoke, you mentioned that despite astronomical odds, Denny 我们上次见面的时候 你还说尽管难以置信
[00:29] you managed to become yet an even better lawyer. 你还是成为了一个更棒的律师
[00:32] Hard to believe, isn’t it? 难以置信 是吧?
[00:34] I have a motion which, obviously, I’m quite capable of arguing myself, 我其实觉得 明显地 我完全可以自我辩护
[00:38] – being more talented than you. – No, you’re not. – 毕竟我比你更有能力 – 你不是
[00:41] I also happen to be the client. 我恰巧成了委托人
[00:43] The case is also extremely unconventional. 涉及的案子也十分特别
[00:50] I want to be frozen. 我希望被冰冻
[00:53] – What do you mean? – I mean I want to be frozen and stored in a cryonic institute. – 你什么意思? – 我想被冰冻保存在人体冷冻研究所
[01:00] – What do you mean? – I’m 78 years old. – 你什么意思? – 我78岁了
[01:03] It won’t be long before my body starts to wither. 我的身体已经撑不了多久了
[01:07] I’ve lived a full life. 我尝遍了人生百味
[01:08] The technology will soon exist that I will be able to double that life. 不久之后的科学能让我继续我的生命
[01:13] I want to be frozen and stored until such time that technology becomes a reality. 我希望可以被冰冻起来 到这成为现实的那一天再解封
[01:22] What do you mean? 你什么意思?
[01:23] I mean when I leave this world, I don’t want it to be forever. 我想离开这世界 但不是永远离开
[01:28] Which means for now… 就是说现在…
[01:31] I want to be frozen. 我想被冰冻
[01:35] What do you mean? 你什么意思?
[02:09] So basically, he wants to be euthanized. 大致而言就是 他想安乐死
[02:12] And preserved on ice. 还要冰冻保存
[02:14] Evidently, there’s some right to privacy law I’ve never heard of. 很明显 这涉及到了一些我没听过的隐私权法
[02:18] Why should you? 为什么你就要听过?
[02:20] It’s in the constitution. 这是宪法规定的
[02:22] What’s Milton Bombay doing here? Milton Bombay在这里做什么?
[02:25] He wants to be frozen and stored in a cryonics facility. 他想被冰冻保存在人体冷冻设备里面
[02:29] – All in favor… – And he wants Denny to argue it. – 一致同意… – 他希望Denny做他的律师
[02:33] And what could possibly occasion him to want that? 那是什么原因让他想要这么做呢?
[02:36] The problem is, the basis of the case, if there is one, would lie in the bill of rights, 问题在于 这件案子的核心 如果法院愿意受理 将会是和权利法案有关
[02:42] which Denny, of course, feels never should have been passed. 当然Denny觉得这个法案就不应该通过
[02:45] We’re one supreme court appointment away from overturning it. 我们是最高法院派来推翻它的
[02:49] – The bill of rights. – Damn right. – 权利法案 – 该死的权利
[02:51] Red states rule. 共和党说的算
[02:53] Paul, there seems to be some psychological deficit in play here. Paul 看起来我们这里有人有点心理缺失啊
[02:56] I refer to Milton’s, not yours. 我指的是Milton 不是你
[02:59] Any person who wants to be frozen should perhaps 任何一个想要被冰冻的人
[03:01] be referred to a therapist, not a lawyer. 应该去找心理医师 而不是律师
[03:12] Hey, pretty boy. 嘿 帅哥
[03:14] I hear you’re looking for some interesting cases. 听说你在找一些有意思的案子
[03:17] Chelina Hall. We haven’t officially met. 我是Chelina Hall 还没正式见过呢
[03:20] Yes, I’ve peeked at you in the girls’ room unofficially. 你好 我曾私下在女洗手间外偷看过你
[03:24] Cute. 真会说话
[03:26] Come with me? 过来吗?
[03:29] Stuart Milch, Alan Shore. Stuart Milch 这是Alan Shore
[03:33] A pleasure, sir. Thanks again for agreeing to see me. 真荣幸 先生 谢谢你愿意见我
[03:35] Not at all, especially since I’ve made no such agreement. 不客气 尤其是我从来没同意过
[03:39] Show him the gizmo, Stuart. 给他看你的小发明 Stuart
[03:45] Tell him what it is, Stuart. 告诉他这是什么 Stuart
[03:47] It’s called a news blocker. 这是新闻拦截器
[03:49] Sold off the internet. You attach it to the coaxial input on your television, 网上卖的很便宜 把它装在电视机的同轴电缆里
[03:52] and it basically blocks news transmissions. 它就会拦截新闻信号
[03:56] It’s true. 真的
[03:58] My high school principal attached these devices 我的高中校长把这个装在
[04:01] to all the televisions in the building. 楼里每台电视上
[04:02] The problem is, 问题是
[04:04] it turns out it only blocks one network, the most fair and balanced one. 它只能拦截一个新闻台 最公正公平的那个
[04:08] – All the others, kids can watch. – It singles out one network only. – 剩下的台 大家就都能看了 – 只拦截一个新闻台
[04:12] Yes, because this network supposedly pushes a conservative agenda, 对 因为这个新闻台好像支持保守派
[04:15] which is a lot of hooey. 简直是胡扯
[04:17] This is blatant censorship. 这检查制度非常地明目张胆
[04:19] It furthers evidence of a liberal media, and I, for one, am sick of it. 而且它还转播了一个支持自由党的传媒节目 好恶心
[04:25] In all my years… 这是我一辈子最讨厌的…
[04:28] In all his years. 他一辈子最讨厌的
[04:31] Milton, I consider you a friend. Milton 我把你当朋友
[04:34] Actually, I don’t. I find you a bit boorish. 其实没有 我觉得你有点粗鲁
[04:36] But I have always enjoyed your unfettered candor, 但是我一直很欣赏你从不受他人影响的坦率
[04:40] and, in the spirit of that candor, the case cannot be won. 坦率地说 这案子赢不了的
[04:46] Given that this is the only lifetime you’ll ever get to have, 想到你的生命只有这一次
[04:49] please don’t waste what’s left of it in the vast, 请不要把剩下的这些时光浪费在
[04:51] cavernous sinkhole known as our system of juris prudence. 这个像是有着无底深渊的法律体系中
[04:55] I made my life in that system. 我一生都和这个体系密不可分
[04:57] I rose to the very top of this system. 成为了这个体系里的佼佼者
[05:00] No, you didn’t. 你才没有
[05:01] Milton, no judge is going to let you be euthanized and stashed in a sub-zero. Milton 没有法官会让你安乐死 再冰冻起来的
[05:07] We cannot know that unless we try, Shirley. Shirley 没试过 怎么知道答案呢
[05:11] I know you recently retired. Is this… 我知道你最近退休了 是不是…
[05:13] And, please, do not proffer psychological counsel. 拜托 不要让我去看心理医生
[05:16] I came in here in search of legal and intellectual acuity. 我来这里 是想找到一位合格聪明的律师
[05:21] And you sought out Denny? 然后你选中了Denny?
[05:22] I assure you, this is something I considered with all due gravity. 我向你保证 经过深思熟虑后
[05:27] I came to a decision, 我才下了这个决定
[05:29] and now I appeal to you as my attorney to help me execute that decision. 现在 我委托你作为我的代理律师 帮我实现它
[05:36] Do I make myself clear? 我说清楚了吗?
[05:39] Perfectly. 非常清楚
[05:41] We’re talking about your execution. 我们在讨论你的决定
[05:58] – Frozen. – That’s why he’s here? – 冰冻 – 这就是他出现的原因?
[06:00] If there’s any legal research on point, which I doubt there is, the sooner, the better. 找到相关法律案例 虽然我很怀疑有没有 越快越好
[06:04] By way of analogy, you might want to look at assisted suicide or right to die. 你们可以从类似涉及到辅助自杀或死亡权的案子入手
[06:08] Brad, you take the math and science because you’re male, Brad 你找理科方面的 因为你是男性
[06:11] and therefore more innately qualified. 因此天生适合
[06:13] Anything and everything you can find on cryonics technology. 所有一切和人体冰冻技术有关的资料都找出来
[06:16] Wait, this firm is actually going to help Milton Bombay be put on ice? 等下 我们所真的要帮Milton Bombay被冰冻吗?
[06:20] Oh, come now, Lori, you of all people should know 拜托 Lori 你们所有人都应该知道
[06:23] it’s not so bad to go through life as a popsicle. 过着冰棒一样的日子也没什么不好
[06:27] What is that supposed to mean? 这是什么意思?
[06:28] Nothing. 没什么
[06:30] My, everybody’s so sensitive. 天啊 大家都这么敏感
[06:32] Can’t we all just get along? 我们为什么就不能和平相处呢?
[06:40] We go to court this morning, so as fast as you can. 我们今早就去法院 所以越快越好
[06:49] First of all, students have no vested rights whatsoever to watch any news during school. 首先 学生没有任何法定权利可以在学校里看新闻报道
[06:54] But they are allowed to do so at Winslow High, 但是在Winslow高中这是允许的
[06:55] except for one network. 只有一个频道收不到
[06:57] Ms. Tyler, is this particular broadcast being singled out on content? Tyler女士 真的只有这一个频道被阻止了吗?
[07:01] Even if it is, your honor, 即使是真的 法官大人
[07:02] schools have the right to legislate content, 学校有权限制所播放的内容
[07:05] just as we can search students’ lockers. 就像我们可以检查学生的储物柜
[07:07] Objection to the spin, judge. This is a no-spin zone. 反对这种论调 法官大人 这是个不容扭曲的地带
[07:09] A school principal is not subject to grounds of reasonableness when it comes to policy. 学校校长制定校规时可以不遵从合理性
[07:13] This is the first amendment in play here. What’s next, burning a few books? 这涉及了第一修正案(即言论自由) 接下来准备干吗 烧书吗?
[07:16] Ms. Tyler, I must say, this has a bad stink to it. Tyler女生 我必须说 这样很不好
[07:20] How do you ban one network news program and not the others? 你为什么要只禁止这家电视频道的节目呢?
[07:23] The principal felt this particular network was detrimental. 校长觉得这个频道的节目少儿不宜
[07:26] Well, I want to hear from the principal in this witness chair, 我想听听坐在证人席里的校长谈谈他的看法
[07:29] or I’m going to grant the petitioner’s motion right now. 不然我就要立刻同意原告的请求了
[07:32] Fine. I can get him here this afternoon. 没问题 我让他下午过来
[07:34] We’ll adjourn for lunch. Be back at 4:00. 午餐休庭 请4点回来
[07:39] There they are! 他们来了!
[07:40] Mr. Bombay, why are you doing this? Bombay先生 你为什么这样做?
[07:43] It’s simply about wanting to continue my legacy for centuries to come. 很简单 我想让我的遗嘱在很多年后再面世
[07:47] I’m perhaps the greatest lawyer of all time, 我说不定是有史以来最伟大的律师
[07:50] No, he’s not. I’m better. Denny Crane. 他才不是 我比他更好 我是Denny Crane
[07:51] and I want that time to continue into the future. 我希望我在将来也是最伟大的
[07:54] How are you, sweetie? Still the king. 你好吗 亲爱的? 风采依旧啊
[07:56] Denny Crane. 我是Denny Crane
[07:59] Mr. Bombay, you are asking for a court order to end your life. Bombay先生 您要求法庭结束你的生命
[08:04] Under today’s science, 考虑到现有的科学技术
[08:06] – tomorrow might be quite different. – But, sir, let’s be realistic. – 以后可能会很不一样 – 但是 先生 现实点
[08:10] What the hell do I have to be realistic? It’s my body. 我干嘛要现实? 这可是我的身体啊
[08:13] What do I have to do, get pregnant? 我应该做什么 怀孕吗?
[08:16] Well, you may be couching this in pro-life terms, 你可以用反堕胎的术语来表达自己的意思
[08:19] but in today’s scientific world, being frozen makes you dead. 但是在现有的科技条件下 冰冻意味着你要死了
[08:25] I am asking for the chance to be alive in tomorrow’s world. 我在要求获得在未来生存的机会
[08:29] To play with my great-great-great-great-grandchildren. 可以和我的曾曾曾曾孙们一起玩
[08:34] Do you have grandchildren today? 你现在有孙子吗?
[08:37] I’ve got six, all grown. 有六个 都成人了
[08:39] Three of them love me. 他们里面有三个人爱我
[08:41] Suppose one of them came into the court at, say, the age of 30 假设他们中有一个人 在30岁的时候走进法庭
[08:45] asking to be frozen. 要求被冰冻
[08:46] I’d say wait. You’ve got a lot of years. 我会说等等 你还有很长的寿命
[08:49] Well, but maybe they, too, would like it done before their body starts to go south, 好吧 但是也许他们也觉得在身体衰老前都想这么做
[08:53] which, at 30, it can. 比如30岁的时候
[08:55] Look, I don’t advocate this for young, healthy people. 我不提倡健康的年轻人这样做
[08:59] But certainly, if you can decide for yourself, so should others, right? 但是当然了 既然你可以决定自己的命运 那别人也可以的 对吧?
[09:03] I’m close to 80. 我快80了
[09:05] My life is almost over. 我的人生差不多就这样了
[09:07] Does one have to be old to get this autonomy? 难道只有年长者才能自己做主吗?
[09:10] How about somebody 35 with cancer? 那如果说是有人35岁得了癌症呢?
[09:12] If it was incurable, yes. 如果是绝症 可以
[09:15] Parkinson’s disease. M.S. 帕金森综合症 或是多发性硬化症
[09:18] What if somebody wanted to get frozen to avoid the draft? 如果有人想被冰冻是因为不想服兵役呢?
[09:21] Let him move to Canada. Freeze his balls off. 那就让它去加拿大吧 把他的子弹冻起来(加拿大人不服兵役)
[09:27] Denny Crane. 我是Denny Crane
[09:34] – Why did you do that? – You were getting picked apart in there. – 你为什么要那么做呢? – 你那会儿招架无力了
[09:36] – I was not. I was doing just fine. – I had to stop the other side’s momentum. – 我没有 我做得很好 – 我必须阻止对手的势头
[09:39] – He was shooting spitballs at a battleship. – Boys. – 他在小题大做 – 你们俩
[09:40] I was having a real moment in there, and you stepped on it. 我正要做出反击 你坏了我的好事
[09:43] Boys, we need to get back to the office and prepare our expert. 男孩们 我们要回办公室 找到专家
[09:47] – He stepped on my moment. – Did not. – Boys. – 他坏了我的好事 – 才没有 – 你们
[10:01] Cryonics proponents don’t refer to the patient as “dead,” 人体冷冻学的支持者们并不认为病人”死亡”了
[10:05] simply “preserved.” 只是”保存起来”了
[10:06] – Frozen. – Yes. – 冰冻 – 是的
[10:08] But, doctor, if a person’s heart isn’t beating, if there’s no brain activity, 但是 医生 如果一个人的心脏停止跳动 大脑停止思考
[10:13] we tend to call them dead. 我们就会说他死了
[10:15] Under today’s medical definition, yes. But the definition of cryonics 根据现在的医学定义 是这样 但是人体冰冻学的定义
[10:18] is basically a process using a very cold temperature to prevent people from dying. 说这只是在极低的温度下维持人们生命的过程
[10:22] Where’d we get this quack? 哪来的庸医?
[10:26] Uh, doctor, let’s be fair. 医生 说真的
[10:29] Has anyone ever been brought back to life after being frozen? 到目前 有没有人在冰冻后又恢复意识的?
[10:32] No, and it’s not likely to happen soon, but the technology is changing. 没有 而且近期内也是不可能发生的 但是科技在进步
[10:37] We’re discovering more and more about molecular nanotechnology every day, 我们也一直在研究分子纳米技术
[10:40] and one day, it will be a reality. 总有一天 这会实现的
[10:42] Molecular what? 分子什么?
[10:45] One second, doctor. 稍等下 医生
[10:48] Denny, I’m gonna try something here I don’t have time to explain. Denny 我要在这里做个试验 没时间跟你解释了
[10:51] I just need you to go with it, okay? 我需要你的支持 好吗?
[10:54] I want you to count backwards from 100 silently. 从100开始往前默数
[10:57] Why? 为什么?
[10:59] I’ll explain later. It’s important. 一会儿再解释 这很重要
[11:02] Uh, 99, 98… 好 99 98…
[11:07] Okay, doctor, 好的 医生
[11:09] we’ve heard that cryonics is in our future, but, please, give me one example, 我们知道了人体冰冻学在未来会实现的 但是 请举出一个例子
[11:15] one piece of evidence that indicates that this could possibly work. 来证明这项技术是可行的
[11:20] The wood frog. 树蛙
[11:21] I’m sorry. Did you say wood frog? 抱歉 你刚刚是说树蛙吗?
[11:23] Uh, yes. 对
[11:24] A frog in the Canadian arctic that hibernates and completely freezes in the winter. 一种生活在加拿大北极地区 会在冬季冬眠 把自己彻底冰冻起来的青蛙
[11:28] No heartbeat, no brain activity. It goes completely dead 没有心跳 没有大脑活动 按照现在对死亡的定义
[11:32] by today’s definition of death. 它彻底死亡
[11:34] Then in the spring, it wakens. 春天的时候 它就苏醒了
[11:36] Brain activity resumes, heart starts beating. 大脑开始活动 心脏开始跳动
[11:38] It’s alive again. 它又活过来了
[11:40] And you think if it’s possible for a frog… 您觉得 既然青蛙可以这样…
[11:43] Why not for a human? 为什么人类不行呢?
[11:45] If we can accomplish total metabolic arrest with no tissue damage, 如果我们能确保人体的新陈代谢不受组织损伤
[11:48] we will be able to freeze people for thousands of years 我们就可以将人们冰冻上千年
[11:51] and bring them back to life. 再让他们苏醒
[11:54] Thank you, doctor. 谢谢你 医生
[11:56] Humans are warm-blooded animals designed to stay at 98 degrees. 人类是恒温动物 人体温度是98华氏度
[12:00] Those frogs are cold-blooded with a completely different molecular structure. 那些青蛙是冷血动物 它们的分子结构和人体完全不同
[12:04] Well, admittedly, the future of cryonics 不可否认 人体冰冻学的发展
[12:06] involves the development of molecular technology. 包括了分子技术的进步
[12:07] For which there is no evidence it can work with warm-blooded… 但是 没有证据证明它对恒温动物一样有效…
[12:10] Yes, there is. 其实有
[12:11] We have frozen rat livers, thawed them, and transplanted them into living rats. 我们曾经冰冻过老鼠的肝脏 再解冻 再移植到活的老鼠体内
[12:15] In Israel, they did it with frozen hearts. 在以色列 有人用心脏做过类似实验
[12:17] In both cases, the rats lived. Not for long, 两个实验里 老鼠们都活下来了 虽然时间不长
[12:20] but the hearts and livers did come back to life. 但是心脏和肝脏确实发挥了自己的功用
[12:22] With humans, we’ve frozen heart valves… 至于人类 我们曾经冰冻过心脏瓣膜…
[12:23] And you think the idea of freezing people is ethical? 你觉得冰冻人们的这种想法是符合伦理的?
[12:27] – Is that consistent with… – It’s evidently ethical to freeze embryos, – 它和… – 它和冰冻胚胎一样合理
[12:30] but again, I’m up here to give you the science, 但是 再申明一次 我来是为了告诉你科学
[12:33] not engage in a moral debate. 而不是来辩论伦理道德观的
[12:49] He kicked their ass. 他让他们无话可说
[12:51] And the best part of it was he had integrity, 最棒的是 他表现的很正直
[12:55] which is what you need in your expert. 这正是我们需要他表现出来的
[12:57] – What did he cost us? – $2,500. – 给了他多少钱? – 2500美元
[12:59] The whore. 贱人
[13:00] – Schmidt. – How are we doing? – Schmidt – 怎么样了?
[13:02] The leading federal case would be Schiavo. 联邦政府的案子应该是Schiavo
[13:04] It’s not first circuit, but since the supreme court 这不是第一次巡回审讯 但是因为最高法院
[13:06] just refused to hear the appeal, we could argue it’s controlling. 驳回了上诉 我们可以辩论说幕后有人操控
[13:09] I want to read it. Can you make me a copy? 我要看看 帮我复印一份
[13:10] – You want to read it, Denny? – Hell no. – 你要看吗 Denny? – 当然不
[13:13] Uh, can I talk to you in private for a second, please? 我能单独和你说几句话吗?
[13:22] I, uh… 我…
[13:23] I didn’t want to embarrass you in front of your superiors, 我不想让你在上司面前尴尬
[13:27] but it seems to me the controlling case on this would be Cruzan. 但是我觉得这案件应该是Cruzan在操控
[13:32] The whole thrust of Rehnquist’s opinion was autonomy, Rehnquist认为审判的核心就是自主权
[13:36] the patient’s right to decide. 病人有权做决定
[13:39] The opinion was muddled. It was essentially 3-pronged. 简直胡扯 这是三方问题
[13:41] Autonomy, the patient’s best interests, and the state’s interest to preserve life. 自主权 病人最大利益 和国家保护个体的义务
[13:45] You’d win on prong one, 你会赢得第一方的胜利
[13:47] but you’d likely lose on prongs two and three. 但是第二方第三方你却要输了
[13:50] You’re much better off arguing Schiavo. 你最好去和Schiavo辩论吧
[13:54] – Mr. Bombay. – Yes? – Bombay先生 – 怎么?
[13:57] – Are you all right? – Oh, yes. – 你还好吗? – 好着呢
[13:59] Uh, it’s just that you brought me back to a memory of… 只是你让我想起了…
[14:05] I think I was happiest as a lawyer when I was a young associate. 我觉得我律师生涯中最快乐的时候就是做小助理的时候
[14:11] I hated doing all the grunt work, 讨厌无聊的整理工作
[14:14] but there was all the promise of tomorrow. 但那却是未来成功的希望
[14:23] Would you have dinner with me tonight, Tara? 你今晚可以和我吃饭吗 Tara?
[14:26] Milton… Milton啊…
[14:30] Why don’t you have it with me? 为什么不和我吃呢?
[14:37] Why this one particular network? 为什么是这家的电视频道?
[14:39] Look, I know that all the networks pander, 我知道 所有电视频道都有自己支持的阵营
[14:41] some to the liberal, some to the conservative, 有的支持自由党 有的支持保守党
[14:43] but when a news organization goes as far as to actually promote a political agenda… 但是如果有新闻公司在推动政治进程…
[14:47] Can I dial you back a second? How do they do that? 能不能打断一下? 他们是怎么做到的?
[14:49] Well, first, the broadcasts speak for themselves. 首先 广播公司有自己的利益
[14:51] Their CEO used to be the chief media operative for former republican presidents. 他们的CEO曾为前共和党主席做过首席媒体工作
[14:55] I object to his open mind, judge. 我反对他的猜测 法官阁下
[14:58] – Move to strike. – Sustained. – 请求忽视 – 同意
[15:00] And then when I saw the documentary “Outfoxed,” it blew my mind. 当我看到纪录片”Outfoxed”(讲述福克斯内幕) 我十分震惊
[15:04] – Because… – Because it detailed the extent to which the media can go to promote – 因为… – 因为它详细们描述了媒体是如何推动
[15:08] conservative republican causes. 保守的共和党的
[15:11] Your honor, we’d like to show you a brief series of clips from this documentary. 法官大人 我有一份该记录片的剪辑片段呈上
[15:15] We weren’t necessarily, as it was told to us, 就像是一开始就被告知的那样 我们并不是
[15:19] a news-gathering organization so much as we were 一个新闻搜集机构 而是
[15:22] a proponent of a point of view. 一种观点的陈述者
[15:24] They wanted all news to be a matter of opinion. 他们希望所有的新闻都陈述一种观点
[15:26] We were ordered from the top to carry propaganda, 上级指示我们进行政治宣传
[15:30] carry republican right-wing propaganda. 为共和党右翼进行宣传
[15:32] It was made very clear to us that our activities were being monitored, 我们被明确告知 我们的活动被监控
[15:37] and if someone wasn’t watching it live, they were at least recording it, 就算没人进行实时监控 他们也会都录下来
[15:40] and they would review it after the fact to see what we did. 回头再看我们究竟做了什么
[15:44] If you watch the documentary, and I strongly suggest that you do, 如果您看了这部纪录片 我强烈推荐您看一下
[15:48] you’ll see that this goes on and on and on, 您会看到 这种情况一直持续发生
[15:50] and these accounts are from people on the inside. 这些话都是内部人员说出来的
[15:53] Okay, but to put a device on the television? 好吧 但是在电视上安装设备呢?
[15:56] Well, I hate the idea of shutting down free expression, 我不支持禁止言论自由
[15:58] but this became more of a safety issue. 但这却是考虑到安全问题
[16:01] A safety issue? 安全问题?
[16:02] They’ve got their talk show hosts declaring that anyone who is opposed 他们的脱口秀主持人全都说 任何反对战争的人
[16:06] to the war is an enemy of the state, a traitor. 都是国家的敌人 是叛国
[16:08] We’re getting more and more fights, kids are being attacked for being unpatriotic, 学校里的冲突越来越多 孩子们因为不爱国而受到攻击
[16:12] Arab and muslim students are being targeted. 阿拉伯裔和穆斯林学生尤其是众矢之的
[16:14] Maybe this little device is overkill. 也许这个小玩意儿是有些夸张了
[16:16] I admit that. But I’ve got a high school to run, 我承认 但是作为高中校长
[16:19] and the first order of the day is keep the kids safe. 我的首要任务是保证学生的安全
[16:23] I thought the first order of an academic community was embracing diversity of opinion. 我认为一个学术机构的首要任务是培养思想的多样性
[16:29] Not when it’s bias that fosters intolerance. 那是在偏见可容忍的情况下
[16:32] Did you attach any little blockers 那你有没有用这个小玩意
[16:35] to networks that lie about presidents and, say, the national guard? 组织过歪曲总统或是国家安全的广播公司?
[16:39] I don’t dispute there’s a liberal bias, too. 我也不否认我对自由党存在偏见
[16:41] But you don’t censor those networks. 但是你没有检查过那些节目
[16:43] Those networks don’t foster intolerance. 那些节目没有过于偏激的言论
[16:45] Any blockers for Shock Jocks? 有没有阻止过Shock Jocks(研究种族歧视和厌女症)?
[16:47] Or is racism and misogyny not a concern? 或者种族歧视和厌女症并不值得关注?
[16:48] Look, there’s a lot of garbage out there. I’ll admit that. 确实 有很多垃圾节目 我承认
[16:51] What about your own teachers? 那学校的老师呢?
[16:53] My teachers? 老师?
[16:54] A recent poll showed 6 out of 7 college professors voted for John Kerry. 一项近期调查显示七分之六的大学教授支持John Kerry
[16:59] Does that not suggest a bias in academia, Mr. Harper? 难道这不会产生学术偏见吗 Harper先生?
[17:01] – Objection. – We’ve got countless news programs, – 反对 – 我们有很多新闻节目
[17:05] too many talk shows to keep track of, all kinds of opinions being 根本没办法审查那么多的脱口秀 各种观念
[17:10] spewed out over the airwaves, extremes to the left, to the right, 通过这传播 极左派或是极右派
[17:14] – and the only thing you block… – That’s actually not true. – 你唯一阻止的是… – 其实不是那样
[17:17] There’s all kinds of programs we don’t permit. 我们不允许的节目有很多
[17:19] But this is the only news show. 但这是唯一的新闻节目
[17:20] Look, what does it say that they make a device 他们制作了这样一套设备
[17:23] to block out this particular news network? 阻止这家新闻公司的节目播出是什么意思呢?
[17:25] It says that censorship is popular. That doesn’t make it right. 说明了审查行为普遍存在 但这并不是说那就是对的
[17:28] And as principal, I have to make that call. 作为校长 我必须负起责任
[17:31] And let me say this. I’m a proud American. 请让我这么说 我是个骄傲的美国人
[17:34] I got a flag on my porch. 我的走廊里挂着国旗
[17:36] I pray for those troops every night. I taught some of those kids. 我每晚都在为我们的军队祈祷 我也让学生们这么做
[17:40] They’re over there fighting for democracy, 他们在远方为民主而战
[17:42] which includes the right for you to question your government. 为了允许你向政府质询的权利而战
[17:45] And for this network to be saying otherwise offends me as a citizen and as a principal. 这个广播公司的做法 激怒了作为一位公民和一名校长的我
[17:50] I see. So… 明白了 所以…
[17:53] you’re squashing content to promote democracy. 您以打压节目来推进民主进程
[17:59] Once again, 再说一遍
[18:01] I will shut down any content that fosters intolerance. 我会关掉任何不利于稳定的节目
[18:06] That is where I stand. 这就是我的立场
[18:35] You’re going to dinner with him? 你要和他共进晚餐?
[18:37] I want to find out what’s really going on here. 我想知道究竟怎么回事
[18:39] What’s going on is a runaway ego. It’s all about the spotlight. 我们刚赢的十分轻松 就是这么回事 我们是目光焦点
[18:44] The man wishes he were me. 那人希望他是我
[18:46] We all wish that, Denny. 我们都这么希望 Denny
[18:48] I know. I, I go way back with Milton. 我知道 我和Milton认识很久了
[18:51] I know Milton like the back of my hand. 我对他了若指掌
[18:55] He knows he’s gonna lose that motion. No risk of him being frozen. 他知道他会输掉的 法庭不会让他被冰冻的
[18:59] In the meantime, he’s all over the news. 同时 他又是新闻的焦点
[19:03] I’m telling you, the man wants to be me. 说真的 他想变成我
[19:07] Even so, I’m gonna have a little talk with him. 即使这样 我也要和他聊聊
[19:09] He’s gonna insist you go to Nicky Blair’s. Watch. 他会坚持要和你去Nicky Blair的 看着吧
[19:13] – Sorry? – He pays them to let him sing. – 什么? – 他给他们出钱让自己唱歌
[19:16] I beg your pardon? 再说一遍好吗?
[19:17] He slips the maitre d’ 100 bucks to come over to the table and say, 他给领班100块让他走到桌边说
[19:20] “Please, Mr. Bombay, sing us a song.” “拜托 Bombay先生 给我们唱一首歌吧”
[19:23] It’s all about the limelight with Milton. 这就是Milton一直是瞩目中心的原因
[19:26] I promise you. 我向你保证
[19:31] What do you mean, lose? 你说输了 是什么意思?
[19:32] We’re on the side of the First Amendment. 我们有第一修正案的支持
[19:35] The problem is, school principals do have a wide discretion, 问题是 学校校长确实有很大的自主权
[19:39] and the material is arguably inflammatory. 而且内容也极有煽动性
[19:42] If they can classify them as disruptive speech… 他们可以说那是制造混乱的演讲…
[19:46] Plus, I don’t know which newscast you’ve been watching recently, 再说 我不知道你最近比较看什么台
[19:50] but the First Amendment is losing its luster lately. 但是第一法案最近不那么受重视了
[19:53] Some networks are even censoring their scripted dramas. 有些电台甚至在检查他们已经编好的剧本
[19:56] So what do we go with if not freedom of expression? 那如果不是说言论自由 那我们怎么做?
[20:00] Meanwhile, actor Vince Odoms, you know him as the judge 同时 演员Vince Odoms 因为饰演
[20:03] in the Michael Jackson reenactment trial, 迈克尔杰克逊的再审案中的法官被人熟知
[20:05] has abruptly quit to go play Phil Spector 他突然辞退 反而加入在原公司的竞争对手
[20:09] in the reenactment of that trial on a competing network. 的节目中扮演法官Phil Spector一角
[20:12] FBS president Rick Silverman is threatening to sue, FBS的主席Rick Silverman威胁要起诉他
[20:16] claiming the actor is under contract, 声称他还在合约期内
[20:18] and that it would be a material breach to walk in the middle of ongoing litigation. 对于进行中的诉讼来说 这是实质性违约(即对方当事人可免于继续履行合同)
[20:23] Meanwhile, it was learned today that the Los Angeles county sheriff’s office… 同时 据称今天洛杉矶县治安官办公室…
[20:34] So what’s the point? 意义是什么?
[20:37] – The point? – Of us having dinner. – 意义? – 咱们一起晚餐的意义
[20:39] What’s the point? 有什么意义?
[20:40] If it’s sexual, I’ll need notice so I can take my little pill. 如果是为了性 你应该提前说清楚 这样我就会吃我的小药丸了
[20:44] You asked to have dinner with Tara. 你邀请Tara共进晚餐
[20:46] – What was the point of that? – With her, I wouldn’t need a pill. – 那又有什么意义呢? – 和她在一起的话 我就不用吃药了
[20:50] You’ve talked a wonderful game about the future, 你对未来进行了美好的设想
[20:53] about wanting to perpetuate your legacy into the next century. 你提到你想要延续自己的生命 直到下个世纪
[20:57] But when you were talking to Tara, what I observed was… 但是当你和Tara说话的时候 我看到的是…
[21:02] a man looking backwards, a man who, perhaps, is lonely. 一个沉湎于过去 一个也许很孤独的人
[21:07] You’ve got it wrong. 你看错了
[21:10] I saw melancholy, Milton, 我看到了忧郁 Milton
[21:12] and melancholy accompanied by the desire to be dead. 因为想要死去而生出的忧郁感
[21:17] Is this Milton Bombay looking to check out in a way 是不是Milton Bombay想通过这种方式死去
[21:20] that doesn’t tarnish his grand reputation? 却不会毁掉他光辉的形象呢?
[21:24] Denny thinks you don’t want to win this case, Denny觉得你不想赢这官司
[21:27] which would explain your hiring him, but you also hired me. 所以你不仅雇了他 也雇了我
[21:31] You lost your wife, your job… 你失去了自己的妻子 工作…
[21:35] Are you just giving up, Milton? Milton 你要放弃了吗?
[21:37] Let me tell you something. 我来告诉你
[21:39] As science and medicine continue to evolve, so must the law to keep pace. 科学和医学在发展 法律也必须与时俱进
[21:45] I’m blazing the trail as a patient today so I can continue to set 今天我以病人的身份开了这个先例
[21:48] the standard as a lawyer tomorrow. 明天我就能以律师的身份制定标准
[21:51] – That’s what this is about. – Okay. – 这就是我这么做的原因 – 好吧
[21:54] Mr. Bombay, the band and some of the patrons Bombay先生 乐队和一些客人
[21:57] have requested that you grace us with a song tonight. 希望您今晚能为我们唱首歌
[21:58] Yes, tell them to vamp. She’s making eyes. 好的 告诉他们伴奏的歌曲是She’s Making Eyes
[22:00] – I’ll be right up, Walter. – Excellent. Thank you, sir. – 我马上就好了 Walter – 太好了 谢谢您 先生
[22:03] I happen to believe in reincarnation, and I also believe things even out. 我开始相信轮回 我也相信事情是平等的
[22:08] Given the hand I was dealt this time, 想到这辈子我的成就
[22:10] I could be in for some serious hardships in the next go-around, 再下一个轮回里我也许会饱经磨难
[22:14] and I don’t want that in my next life. 我不想让我的来世再受苦
[22:17] I want to be me all over again, Milton Bombay. 我希望可以一直做为Milton Bombay活着
[22:23] Got it. 明白
[22:25] Ladies and gentlemen, a treat. 先生们 女士们 特别优待
[22:26] A special guest performance from that legendary barrister Milton Bombay! 接下来一位特殊的客人给我们带来的表演 有请传奇大律师Milton Bombay!
[22:37] Thank you, thank you. Good to be here, folks. 谢谢 谢谢大家 很高兴站在这里
[22:40] Here’s one of my favorites. I hope it’s one of yours, too. 这是我最喜欢的一首歌 希望你们也喜欢
[22:48] # Ma, she’s making eyes at me # # 妈 她在注视着我 #
[22:53] # Ma, she’s awful nice to me # # 妈 她对我好极了 #
[22:57] # Ma, she’s almost breaking my heart # # 妈 她几乎使我心碎 #
[23:02] # I’m beside her # # 我在她的身边 #
[23:04] # Mercy, let her conscience guide her # # 上帝啊 让她的良知指引她 #
[23:06] # Ma, she wants to marry me # # 妈 她想嫁给我 #
[23:10] # be my honeybee # # 当我的爱人 #
[23:15] # every minute she gets bolder # # 每一分钟她都变得更加大胆 #
[23:17] # now she’s leaning on my shoulder # # 现在她靠在我的肩上 #
[23:19] # Ma, she’s kissing me # # 妈 她在吻我 #
[23:33] What do you mean you’re closing? 你说你来做结案陈词是什么意思?
[23:35] – What happened to Shirley? – Milton, – Shirley为什么不做? – Milton
[23:37] there’s a reason you came to me in the first place. 当初你来找我是有原因的
[23:39] In your gut, you know I’m better than you. 在你心里 你知道我比你强
[23:42] – Go with your gut. – I’d sooner go with my intestine. – 跟着你的感觉(也有肠子的意思)走 – 过不了多久我就会跟着我的肠子走了
[23:45] – I’d prefer Shirley doing the closing. – I’m not doing it, – 我希望Shirley做结案 – 我不会做的
[23:49] – and neither are you. – Oh, really? – 你也不行 – 哦 真的么?
[23:52] – Tammy? – Tara. – 是Tammy? – 是Tara
[23:54] As I said from the start, the law doesn’t support us here. 就像我一开始说的 这次法律不站在我们这边
[23:58] If we’re going to get a court order allowing you to die, 如果我们拿到法庭的命令让你去死
[24:00] which would be the result in today’s world, 这是现在会发生的事情
[24:02] that judge is going to have to hear from you. 法官需要亲自听你这么说
[24:04] – He did hear from me. – I don’t think so. – 但他已经听过了啊 – 我可不这么认为
[24:08] If this is only about you getting to perpetuate your legacy in the next century, 如果你只是想自己在下一个世纪里继续永垂不朽的话
[24:13] I’m afraid you’re gonna have to make do with sustaining it in this one. 我想你需要找到更有力的的论据来支持你的想法
[24:17] You need to do better. 你要加把劲
[24:18] And, Milton, for my money, 还有 Milton 在我看来
[24:20] any guy who is asking to get stuck in a freezer isn’t that desperate to live. 想要冷冻保存人体的人是没有那么强烈的求生欲望的
[24:34] Every major media watchdog group has labeled this news program 每个主流媒体的狗仔队都在关注这个新节目
[24:38] as the most biased, right-wing news program on television. 就像电视上大多片面的 右翼新闻节目一样
[24:42] So what? Political bias is rampant throughout the news business, 那又怎么样? 在新闻产业里有政治偏向的现象是很猖獗的
[24:45] including liberal bias. 也包括支持自由党派
[24:47] We’re not talking about just a slant, judge. 我们并不仅仅在谈论一个片面的报道 法官大人
[24:49] A recent poll showed that the more people watched this news show, 最近的一项调查显示 越多人收看这个新闻节目
[24:53] the less they know about foreign policy 他们越不知道对外政策
[24:56] and the more inclined they are to support the government. 也就更支持我们的政府
[24:58] Now, that may be good team spirit, but it’s disgraceful journalism. 现在 这也许是一种好的团队精神 但是这是新闻业的耻辱
[25:03] But, come on, you talk about a democracy. 不过 拜托 你在讨论民主
[25:04] What kind of principal censors free expression? 什么样的校长会限制言论自由呢?
[25:07] Um, your honor, if I may? 唔 法官大人 我可以说说么?
[25:10] Any principal has the right, if not the obligation, 所有的校长都有权利 而不是由于责任
[25:12] to rail against bias wherever he sees it. 纠正他所看到的任何偏见
[25:14] – You saw that tape. – Which was also biased and self-serving. – 您看到那个录像了 – 那个也很片面 自说自话
[25:17] Their most popular commentator threatens retribution against those who dissent. 他们最受欢迎的评论员还放话说 反对者会受到报应
[25:22] It almost rises to the level of hate speech, 这差不多已经可以说是敌视性语言了
[25:24] and if, in my view, it jeopardizes the welfare of the students, 而且在我看来 这损害了学生的福利
[25:28] I certainly have the authority to shut it down. 我当然有权力拦截它了
[25:34] Mr. Shore, this is a school. Shore先生 这是学校
[25:37] Is it wise to expose students to programs which send the message 向学生传播如果你质疑政府 那你就是叛国的
[25:41] you’re anti-American if you question the government? 这种想法是否明智呢?
[25:44] Your honor, before we convict them as the network of conservative values 法官阁下 在我们证明保守观或任何价值观
[25:47] or any values, for that matter, 的传播之前 就那件事而言
[25:50] let’s remember these are the folks who brought you 他们有带给我们
[25:52] “Joe, Billy, and Aaron, who’s your papa?” “Joe Billy和Aaron谁是你的爸爸?”这样的节目
[25:54] That’s the entertainment division, Mr. Shore. I’m talking about the news. 那是娱乐圈 Shore先生 我在说的是新闻
[25:58] And I’m telling you it’s all the same. This isn’t about political content. 我必须说它们都是一样的 和政治内涵无关
[26:01] This is a corporation looking to make money. 这是一个以盈利为目标的企业
[26:04] They began as alternative news programming to grab a market share 它们刚开始用一个非传统的新闻节目来获取市场占有率
[26:08] they saw ratings and profit in a conservative demographic, 它们看到了保守党统计出的利润和利润率
[26:11] and they’ve been waving the flag ever since, and so what? 于是它们就支持保守党 那又怎样?
[26:14] News today, all of it, is infotainment. 现在 所有的新闻都是资讯娱乐
[26:17] Last February, a deadly toxin known as ricin was found in the mailroom 去年二月 参议院多数党领袖的邮政室里检测到
[26:22] of the Senate Majority Leader. 一种致命毒素 篦麻毒素
[26:24] Headline news led with Janet Jackson’s exposed breast. 头条新闻却是Janet Jackson的露点装
[26:27] A month ago, while we’re in the middle of a war, 一个月前 我们的军队还在战争中
[26:30] newscasts all across the country led with prince Harry’s costume at a keg party. 全国的新闻却都在关注哈里王子在名人聚会上的穿着
[26:34] It’s a business. 这就是商业
[26:35] And while some news groups go with the deeper social issues 有的新闻媒体会讨论更深刻的社会话题
[26:39] like Brad and Jennifer’s breakup, 比如说皮特和珍妮弗的分手事件
[26:41] the one here chooses to run with red, white, and blue. 这家公司却选择报道时事
[26:44] And, by the way, before you vilify them, 而且 你给它们扣下罪名之前
[26:46] a survey done in 2002 revealed that 70% of the people in this country 2002年的一项调查显示 全国70%的民众
[26:52] believe it is good when news organizations take a strong, pro-American point of view. 都觉得新闻机构应当全力支持美国
[26:59] – 70%. – Does that make it right? – 70%呢 – 这样就可以那么做了吗?
[27:01] Of course it makes it right. 当然可以了
[27:03] Because the rule in infotainment is “give the people what they want.” 因为资讯娱乐的宗旨就是”带给人们他们所需要的”
[27:07] This is money, not politics. 这和金钱有关 和政治无关
[27:10] Let me say, I am a great lover of the news. 不得不说 我非常喜欢看新闻
[27:13] – I can see that. – I watch it all. – 可以看出来 – 什么新闻我都看
[27:16] On days like 9/11 or for other world-changing events, 在911或其他可以改变世界形势的时候
[27:20] the news programs are nothing short of spectacular. 那些新闻节目简直令人惊叹
[27:25] When Martin Luther King delivered “I have a dream,” 当马丁·路德金发表演讲”我有一个梦想”
[27:29] when president Kennedy was shot, 当肯尼迪总统被枪杀
[27:32] when we walked on the moon, 当我们登上月球
[27:33] the Tet Offensive, 还有春节攻势(越战的一次战役)
[27:35] our lives are shaped by these events, in part because of the news. 我们的生活被这些事件所影响 部分是因为新闻的传播
[27:40] But on all other days, they’re businesses 但是在别的时候 新闻就是商业
[27:44] looking to compete, like anybody else, in a highly competitive marketplace. 一直在竞争 像别的在竞争激烈的环境中行业一样
[27:48] They sell product. 他们出售商品
[27:50] And even if you’re determined to believe 即使你坚定认为
[27:53] that this particular network is some evil empire looking to spread right-wing propaganda, 这个频道是个传播右翼思想的邪恶组织
[27:58] that still doesn’t change the fact that we are in this room today 那也不能改变我们今天会在这里
[28:01] because a principal is shutting down the expression of ideas, 是因为一位校长仅因不赞同某一观点
[28:05] simply because he disagrees with the content. 就要禁止某观点的传播这一事实
[28:10] If anything needs a champion today, 如果这需要什么支持
[28:13] it’s the First Amendment. 那就是第一修正案
[28:16] In a recent poll, 近期的投票显示
[28:17] half of today’s high school students 现在半数的高中生
[28:20] thought newspapers should get government approval of stories before publishing them. 都认为报纸在刊登报道前应当获得政府的许可
[28:25] The First Amendment has become an endangered species, 第一修正案的接受度开始下降
[28:29] and here, we have a high school principal practicing censorship. 然后 我们就碰到了这位正在践行检查制度的校长
[28:36] My, my. 我的天啊
[28:38] We do have a problem. 我们真的有麻烦了
[28:55] There is nothing in the law to support Mr. Bombay’s request 没有法律条款支持Bombay先生
[28:59] that he be assisted in his quest to die. 要求安乐死的请求
[29:01] And that’s what this is, assisted suicide. 这其实就是辅助自杀
[29:05] Now, we hear a lot of talk about personal autonomy. 我们说了很多个人自主权
[29:10] But there is a sanctity to life, your honor. 但是 法官大人 还有生命的神圣
[29:13] A state has interest in that sanctity. 国家应该保障这种神圣
[29:16] If we erode that in any way, 不论我们用什么方式损坏它
[29:20] well, we make the idea of suicide more acceptable, 比如说自杀发生在问题少年或忧虑的母亲身上时
[29:24] perhaps more conceivable for the troubled teenager or the depressed mother. 听起来更让人接受 或者说 更可以想象得到的
[29:30] You say suicide in some situations is an option. 你说自杀在某些情况下是一种选择
[29:34] But we have an overriding state interest 但是我们最重要的国家利益
[29:36] and a humane one in not sending that message. 还有人道考虑都不支持这种消息的传播
[29:49] You… 你…
[29:50] That was beautiful. Now sit. 说得很好 做下
[30:14] At the risk of sounding immodest, 冒着被说自大的危险
[30:17] I am one of the greatest lawyers, possibly the greatest to grace 我是最伟大的律师之一 也许是这个国家出现的
[30:21] the courtrooms of this commonwealth, 最伟大的律师之一
[30:23] and just the possibility of being able to still try cases in the 22nd century… 或许还能在22世纪继续为人辩护…
[30:47] I have A.L.S. 我患上了肌萎缩侧索硬化症
[30:50] In a few months, 几个月之内
[30:52] I’ll lose motor control, 我的肌肉就要萎缩了
[30:55] control of my bowels. 内脏也将衰竭
[30:58] My brain will begin to… 我的大脑将开始…
[31:02] and in a year or so, I’ll be dead. 差不多一年内 我就要死了
[31:07] Legends shouldn’t die like that. 传奇人物不应该就这样死去
[31:10] I don’t want to die like that. 我不想像那样死去
[31:15] Cryonics might not work. 人体冰冻法或许没用
[31:19] But 100 years ago, nobody was talking about cloning or the human genome. 但100年之前 也没人想到克隆或是人体基因
[31:25] And 100 years from now, who knows what’s possible? 100年后 谁知道会发生什么呢?
[31:30] I truly, truly love life. 我真的 真的 热爱生命
[31:36] And the chance to be living again 和死后的虚无相比
[31:39] seems preferable to eternal nothingness. 我更希望能再活一次
[31:45] And, uh, well… 而且…
[31:49] what Red Sox fan wouldn’t jump at the chance to lie next to Ted Williams? 红袜队(美国棒球队)的球迷为什么不接受和Ted Williams(死后被冰冻)一样的死法呢?
[31:56] I realize, your honor, 我明白 法官阁下
[31:59] that no judge would do what I’m asking for. 没有一个法官会准许我的请求
[32:12] Do it anyway. 请宣判吧
[32:53] Why didn’t you tell me you were sick? 你为什么不告诉我你生病了?
[32:55] Because I’m a tree. 因为我是一棵树
[32:57] When I fall, I want it to be in a forest. 如果我要倒下 我希望能倒在森林里
[33:01] What the hell does that mean? 那究竟是什么意思?
[33:04] It means I didn’t want anybody to know. 就是说我不想让别人知道
[33:07] I don’t want to be pitied. 我不想被人同情
[33:09] All I want is to be… 我只想成为…
[33:11] Denny Crane. Denny Crane吧
[33:19] Mine’s bigger. 我的更大
[33:23] You know… 你知道…
[33:28] I’ve always admired you, Milton. 我一直很尊敬你 Milton
[33:31] I’m not dead yet. 我还没死呢
[33:35] When is the judge gonna rule? 法官什么时候宣判?
[33:39] He said by tonight. 他说今晚
[33:46] I grew up watching Walter Cronkite. 我是看着Walter Cronkite(新闻主播)长大的
[33:49] It was a time the news seemed to be fair, objective, trusted. 那时 新闻还是公正 客观 可信的
[33:55] In fact, whenever we doubted the blather coming out of the politicians’ mouths, 实际上 每当我们怀疑政客们侃侃而谈的废话时
[34:00] it was the press we turned to to get a sense of the truth. 我们就在新闻里寻找真相
[34:03] Well, Walter Cronkite has definitely left the building. Walter Cronkite已经去世了
[34:09] When it comes to credibility, big media is dead. 主流媒体已经不再可靠
[34:13] Networks pander, 新闻台开始迎合
[34:15] some to conservatives, others to liberals. 有些迎合保守党 有些支持自由党
[34:18] This past election, you could turn to one channel to see president Bush ahead. 上一次的大选 你转到一个频道 发现布什总统领先
[34:23] Turn to another to see Kerry leading. 转到另一个频道 就看到克里领先
[34:26] Ridiculous. 真荒谬
[34:28] And I agree with Mr. Shore. 我同意Shore先生的说法
[34:30] It’s probably more about money than ideology, 思想根本不能和金钱相比
[34:34] and being about money, 既然向金钱看齐
[34:37] well, why shouldn’t networks be free to adopt a bias 那为什么新闻台不能为了更高的收视率
[34:39] in hopes of attracting a bigger audience? 随意偏向某一方呢?
[34:42] This is America. 这里是美国
[34:45] Mr. Harper, Harper先生
[34:48] I realize times have changed in the high schools as well. 我注意到中学也在改变
[34:51] Hate violence is on the rise. 越来越多的人开始仇恨暴力
[34:54] Administrators have to be freer to curtail students’ civil liberties, 管理者们可以限制学生的自由权
[34:58] including disruptive speech. 包括负面言论
[35:00] But attaching a device to a television that blocks out a certain network 但是因为其内容 将设备连接到电视上
[35:06] because of the content, that seems to go too far. 阻止特定新闻频道的播放 这有点太过了
[35:11] It’s censorship, sir. 这是检查行为 先生
[35:15] And I can’t let it stand. 我不能允许它发生
[35:19] The motion for the plaintiff is granted. 支持原告的诉讼请求
[35:31] I don’t know what to say, Mr. Shore. 我不知道应该说什么 Shore先生
[35:34] You were incredibly brilliant. 你真是太强了
[35:36] Yes. 是啊
[35:38] If there’s any retribution at the school, let us know. 如果学校有什么报复行为的话 通知我们
[35:42] Yeah, I will. 好的
[35:43] Thank you both. 谢谢你们两位
[35:46] Your country thanks you. 你的祖国谢谢你
[35:58] My country thanks me. 我的祖国谢谢我
[36:10] This is where he gives his ruling. 这里就是他做出判决的地方
[36:13] Thank you. 谢谢
[36:22] Mr. Bombay, it seems ironic, Bombay先生 真讽刺
[36:25] if not indecent, 如果妥当
[36:27] that the state’s interest in preserving life 国家维护你的生存权利
[36:31] should mandate that you die a wrenching and painful death, 使得你得痛苦而狰狞地死去
[36:35] rather than be frozen in hopes of finding a cure. 而不是抱着被治愈的希望被冰冻
[36:39] But that is the law as it stands today. 但这就是现在的法律规定的
[36:43] We live in a country that celebrates individual liberties and personal autonomy, 我们生活在一个重视个人自由和个人自主权的国家
[36:47] but when it comes to controlling your own destiny, 但当涉及到掌握自己的命运
[36:51] this is a freedom that does not yet ring. 这部分的自由并没有被兑现
[36:55] I will pray for you, 我会为你祈祷
[36:58] but I cannot grant you your request. 但我不能同意你的请求
[37:02] Your motion is denied. 你的请求被驳回
[37:06] God bless you. 上帝保佑你
[37:13] I’m sorry. 抱歉
[37:15] We can appeal. 我们可以上诉
[37:16] Next time, I’ll close. 下次 我来做结案陈词
[37:18] That’s all right, that’s all right. I’m, uh, 没关系 没关系 我
[37:21] heading for Arizona, 要去亚利桑那州
[37:24] try my luck with the courts down there. 在那边法庭 碰碰运气
[37:26] Milton, no court anywhere is going to rule in your favor. Milton 没有什么地方的法庭会支持你的
[37:30] Even so, there’s a cryonics facility there, 即使这样 有人体冰冻设备在
[37:34] so whenever the time comes… 那么只要可以…
[37:36] Do you know anybody in Arizona? 你在亚利桑那州认识人吗?
[37:38] No, and that’s the point. 不 那就是关键
[37:40] I don’t want to deteriorate in front of my… 病情恶化的话 我不想让我的…
[37:43] Clearly, you’re not inclined to follow my advice, 你明显不想听从我的建议
[37:46] but do not go off to die alone. 但是不要一个人悄悄死去
[37:49] Hey, you live your way, Shirley, 嘿 你有你生活的方式 Shirley
[37:52] I’ll die mine. 我有我的死法
[37:54] I’m entitled to be remembered for… 大家会记得我的…
[38:02] Thank you both for your efforts. 谢谢你们俩的努力
[38:07] Milton. Milton. Milton啊 Milton
[38:17] We go way back, you and I. 你和我 我们认识很久了
[38:21] Let’s not get carried away. 别说的那么夸张
[38:23] We were worthy adversaries, occasional drinking buddies, 我们棋逢敌手 偶尔去喝喝小酒
[38:27] but it’s not as if we had great affection for one another. 但并不是说我们的交情很深
[38:33] Anyway… 不管怎样…
[38:45] We’ll see you, Milton. 我们会再见的 Milton
[38:48] Yeah. See you. 是啊 再见
[38:57] See you, Denny. 再见 Denny
[39:11] Goodbye, my friend. 再见 我的朋友
[39:14] Goodbye. Goodbye. 再见 再见
[40:02] – I’m sorry. – Hey. – 抱歉 – 嘿
[40:07] People get old, get sick. It happens to everybody. 人总生老病死 每个人都会这样的
[40:11] How close were you? 你们关系有多好?
[40:14] It’s not that we went that deep. It’s… 并不是说我们交往有多深入 只是…
[40:17] We went… 我们…
[40:19] way back. 认识很久了
[40:22] You can be larger than life, just not death. 你可以活得很好 但却不能摆脱死亡
[40:30] – He went off to Arizona? – Yeah. – 他去亚利桑那州了? – 对
[40:35] I really admired him more than… 我真的很佩服他…
[40:46] You go through life, and you never tell people how much you care about them, 你过尽千帆 你从不告诉别人你对他们的关心
[40:50] when… 当…
[40:56] People should probably do that more, you know? 人们应该更经常那么做 你知道么?
[41:03] I care about you. 我关心你的
[41:05] I wasn’t fishing for that. I fish for steelhead, not mush. 我不在乎那个 我在乎的是头脑 不是感情
[41:10] I care about you, Denny. 我关心你 Denny
[41:14] You don’t have to say it back. 你不用回应我
[41:25] Wasn’t planning to. 本来就没那么想
波士顿法律

Post navigation

Previous Post: 波士顿法律(Boston Legal)第1季第15集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
Next Post: 波士顿法律(Boston Legal)第2季第1集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Archives

  • July 2024
  • June 2024

Categories

  • 1931年
  • 1939年
  • 1941年
  • 1942年
  • 1943年
  • 1944年
  • 1948年
  • 1952年
  • 1953年
  • 1954年
  • 1955年
  • 1956年
  • 1957年
  • 1958年
  • 1959年
  • 1960年
  • 1961年
  • 1962年
  • 1963年
  • 1964年
  • 1966年
  • 1967年
  • 1968年
  • 1969年
  • 1970年
  • 1971年
  • 1972年
  • 1973年
  • 1974年
  • 1975年
  • 1976年
  • 1977年
  • 1978年
  • 1979年
  • 1980年
  • 1981年
  • 1982年
  • 1983年
  • 1984年
  • 1985年
  • 1986年
  • 1987年
  • 1988年
  • 1989年
  • 1990年
  • 1991年
  • 1992年
  • 1993年
  • 1994年
  • 1995年
  • 1996年
  • 1997年
  • 1998年
  • 1999年
  • 2000年
  • 2001年
  • 2002年
  • 2003年
  • 2004年
  • 2005年
  • 2006年
  • 2007年
  • 2008年
  • 2009年
  • 2010年
  • 2011年
  • 2012年
  • 2013年
  • 2014年
  • 2015年
  • 2016年
  • 2017年
  • 2018年
  • 2019年
  • 2020年
  • 2021年
  • 2022年
  • 2023年
  • 2024年
  • barui
  • Uncategorized
  • 一切安好
  • 中央公园
  • 亢奋
  • 亿万
  • 传世
  • 兄弟连
  • 克拉丽丝
  • 克拉克森的农场
  • 内裤队长
  • 副警长
  • 十字剑
  • 博斯
  • 卡特特工
  • 双城之战
  • 发展受阻
  • 叶卡捷琳娜大帝
  • 哈哈大校
  • 坏法官
  • 坏老师
  • 基本演绎法
  • 大城小妞
  • 大学生费莉希蒂
  • 大神偷卡门
  • 大西洋帝国
  • 天使在美国
  • 娃娃脸
  • 小小安妮
  • 小谎大事
  • 少年间谍亚历克斯
  • 布里奇顿
  • 幻灭
  • 废柴联盟
  • 康斯坦丁
  • 开心汉堡店
  • 德古拉
  • 德里女孩
  • 怒呛人生
  • 恋爱挑战书
  • 惊异传奇
  • 惊悚50州
  • 意乱情迷
  • 成瘾剂量
  • 我为喜剧狂
  • 找寻自我
  • 摩斯探长前传
  • 教师情事
  • 敢不敢挑战我
  • 新成长的烦恼
  • 日常谜团
  • 明日传奇
  • 星际之门亚特兰蒂斯
  • 更美好的事
  • 末日巡逻队
  • 杀无赦
  • 柏林谍影
  • 死亡医师
  • 比弗利娇妻
  • 波士顿法律
  • 火线警告
  • 灵书妙探
  • 犯罪心理
  • 犯罪现场调查·拉斯维加斯
  • 犯罪现场调查·纽约篇
  • 犯罪现场调查迈阿密
  • 狂欢命案
  • 狄金森
  • 狗狗博客
  • 生活
  • 生活大爆炸
  • 眼见为虚
  • 破产姐妹
  • 破发点大满贯之路
  • 神烦警探
  • 红粉联盟
  • 绝命律师
  • 绝命毒师
  • 绝望的主妇
  • 绿箭侠
  • 罪恶黑名单
  • 美国众神
  • 美国恐怖故事
  • 美国罪案故事
  • 美女上错身
  • 美式主妇
  • 脆莓公园
  • 致命陷阱
  • 艾米丽在巴黎
  • 芝加哥急救
  • 芝加哥烈焰
  • 芝加哥警署
  • 蛇蝎女佣
  • 贴身保镖
  • 达芬奇的恶魔
  • 迷失
  • 逃离丹尼莫拉
  • 逝者之证
  • 郊狼
  • 金牌律师
  • 铁证悬案
  • 随性所欲
  • 零异频道
  • 马男波杰克
  • 鲍勃心动
  • 麻木不仁
  • 黑吃黑
  • 黑帆
  • 黑暗救赎
  • 黑色星期一

Copyright © 2025 英美剧电影台词站.

Powered by PressBook WordPress theme