Skip to content

英美剧电影台词站

波士顿法律(Boston Legal)第1季第14集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Posted on July 8, 2024 By taiciben_script_user No Comments on 波士顿法律(Boston Legal)第1季第14集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
时间 英文 中文
[00:09] When a man turns 40, he begins to take measure of themselves. 当一个男人步入不惑之年 他就开始清楚自己的斤两了
[00:13] I must admit I don’t like what I see. 我必须承认 我不喜欢这样
[00:16] You’re turning 43. 你就快43岁了
[00:19] If you don’t mind, I’m trying to appear vulnerable 不好意思 我正在装脆弱
[00:23] to facilitate my snorkeling up your thigh bone later. 来加速我们亲密的进程
[00:27] Alan, you boyfriend, Alan 你是我男友
[00:30] me girlfriend. 我是你女友
[00:32] You have a season’s pass. 你已经拥有我了
[00:33] You’re ruining the conquest part, 你正在毁掉征服这个步骤
[00:35] which is all it’s really about for me. 这对我来说几乎是最关键的步骤
[00:38] Really? 真的吗?
[00:40] Well, how about a little play acting, then? 哦 那来玩点角色扮演怎么样?
[00:42] Only if this time, I get to be the sheep. 除非这一次 我来做绵羊
[00:47] I’m gonna sit over there 我会坐在那边
[00:48] and pretend to be alone. 假装是一个人来的
[00:50] And you’re gonna approach me, being the stranger that you are, 接着你要来接近我 假装成一个陌生人
[00:52] and conquest me. 然后征服我
[00:53] Don’t be silly. 别傻了
[00:54] No, I’d like to see how you operate, Mr. Shore. 不 我想看看你是怎么实战的 Shore先生
[01:16] How are you doing? 你好吗?
[01:18] Fine, thank you. 很好 谢谢你
[01:20] I’m Joe. 我是Joe
[01:22] I’m with somebody. 我有伴儿了
[01:24] Who? 哪儿有啊?
[01:25] Hello, I’m a complete stranger. 你好 我完全是个陌生人
[01:28] And I’m here to pick you up. 我是过来接你的
[01:32] Oh, I see. There’s two of us. 哦 我明白了 咱们两个目的相同
[01:34] I’ll be evens, you be odds. 我选偶数 你来奇数
[01:36] You got a problem? 你想找事儿吗?
[01:38] No, actually. 并不是
[01:39] I just saw this fair maiden here talking to a tree trunk, 我只是看见这位美貌的小姐正在跟一根粗木说话
[01:43] and since I’m an arborist, I thought I could help translate. 鉴于我是一位树艺家 我想我可以帮忙翻译
[01:47] Here’s a health tip. 给你条忠告
[01:49] – Walk away. – Why would I do that? – 走开 – 我为什么要走开?
[01:51] All right, guys. 好啦 伙计们
[01:52] Don’t be deceived by my cushy appearance. 别被我松垮的外表骗了
[01:55] Excuse me. 打断一下
[01:57] – I actually am with him. – I don’t care. – 我是跟他一起的 – 我不在乎
[01:59] Walk away, or I lay you out. 走开 不然我就把你放倒
[02:02] I don’t mean to be a stickler, but isn’t the object to lay her out? 我不想咬文嚼字 但是咱俩的目标不应该是把她摆平吗?
[02:06] Hey! 嘿!
[02:07] Oh, gee, I’m sorry, I was reaching for my wallet. 哦 天呐 对不起 我是想掏钱包的
[02:11] I see. 明白了
[02:13] Allow me to reach for mine. 请允许我掏一下我的
[02:18] Are you all right? 你还好吧?
[02:19] Fine. 我没事
[02:21] Hello, big people. 你们好 高个子们
[02:23] Sorry to intrude, but you seem rather strapping. 很抱歉打扰你们 不过你看起来相当健硕
[02:26] Here’s $300. 我这儿有300美元
[02:27] Would you be so kind as to go hit that man down there? 你能否好心地帮我 把那边那个男的打倒在地?
[02:33] – Really? – Alan. – 说真的吗? – Alan
[02:35] There’s an extra $100 if he goes down. 要是他真的倒了 我就再给你100美元
[02:39] You’re on. 成交
[02:40] – Make it a good one. – Oh, for god’s sakes. – 好好干一场 – 哦 天呐
[02:56] Here’s $100, go help your friend. 给你一百 去帮你的朋友
[03:05] Gee, it seems Joe has buddies. 天呐 看起来Joe还有哥们儿在
[03:07] One for you, 给你一张
[03:08] one for you, 给你一张
[03:10] I got plenty of them. 我还有很多
[03:13] Hit them hard now. 现在痛扁他们
[03:14] For you and for you. 给你 还有你
[03:32] Boston Legal 1×14. Till We Meet Again
[03:59] ORIGINAL AIR DATE ON ABC: 2005/02/13 ABC首播: 2005年2月13日
[04:02] You don’t think the evening was slightly symptomatic of something? 你不觉得昨晚的事 其实是某些轻微的症状吗?
[04:05] You take me to a college frat bar, and you start a fight. 你把我带到一个大学的兄弟会酒吧 然后你又挑起了一场架
[04:07] I did not start it. 我没挑头
[04:08] – You certainly did start it. – Alan, wonderful news. – 你绝对是挑了头 – Alan 绝妙的好消息
[04:11] The Kerwin deposition has been cancelled. Kerwin的出庭作证被取消了
[04:13] You don’t have to go. 你不用去了
[04:14] Your morning is now free, 你今天早上可以解放了
[04:16] which works out because it seems these 正好 因为好像
[04:17] two police officers are here to arrest you. 这两位警察先生是来逮捕你的
[04:20] Are you Alan Shore? 你是Alan Shore?
[04:22] My, aren’t you clever? 天啊 你真是聪明?
[04:24] I bet you make a detective one day. 我打赌你有朝一日肯定能做侦探
[04:26] Was my calling him Alan a clue? 我叫他Alan算是提示吗?
[04:30] Please place your hands behind your back. 请你把双手背到身后
[04:32] Why? 为什么?
[04:33] Sir, please. You’re under arrest 先生 请你合作些
[04:35] for conspiracy to commit assault and battery. 你因犯有怂恿他人殴打和侵犯人身罪 被捕了
[04:37] You have the right to remain silent. 你有权保持沉默
[04:38] You have it all memorized. 你们会把他的话都会记录在案
[04:40] Aren’t you, the spiffy jiffy? 对吧? 让人眼前一亮的小伙子
[04:43] And a sharp dresser. 而且你穿得够时髦的
[04:46] You have the right to an attorney. 你有权请一名律师
[04:47] If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed to you… 如果你请不起 我们会派一名给你…
[04:49] Not to worry, dear. 不用担心 亲爱的
[04:50] I’ll cancel the rest of your day. 我会取消你今天剩下的行程
[05:04] And in an unprecedented, if not bizarre move, 这是一次前所未有的举动 甚至可以说怪异
[05:07] the selectmen of Summersport, Massachusetts, a small south shore town, 马萨诸塞州的Summersport是个拥有一万八千人口的南海岸小镇
[05:10] population 18,000, voted six to two yesterday to ban red meat. 昨天那里的行政委员 以六比二的票数决定禁红肉
[05:15] As of midnight, it is now illegal to serve or sell beef within the township. 午夜过后 现在在小镇管辖范围内 提供或销售牛肉都属违法行为
[05:21] Mayor George Bostwick calling the law a health and safety regulation. George Bostwick市长把这条法律称作健康安全制度
[05:25] God, health and safety. 上帝啊 健康安全
[05:27] Did they not call a town meeting to discuss this? 他们没有召开全镇会议来讨论这件事吗?
[05:29] Well, they did. And nobody really took it that seriously. 他们开了 没有人把这当回事
[05:32] But the mayor controls the selectmen, 但是市长控制着那些行政官员
[05:34] and this is exactly the publicity he’s hoping to buy. 而他这样做 是为了提高知名度
[05:38] In the meantime, my steak house is out of business. 于此同时 我的牛排餐馆被迫关张了
[05:40] How can you ban red meat? 怎么能禁红肉呢?
[05:42] Well, they got a whole campaign they’re gonna go with it. 嗯 他们有个很大的竞选团来支持他们
[05:44] They plan to promote Summersport as the seafood capital of the world. 他们计划将Summersport提升成为世界海鲜产品之都
[05:47] We’re carnivores. 我们是食肉动物
[05:49] When the pilgrims landed, 早期移民登陆之后
[05:50] the first thing they did was eat a few Indians. 他们做的第一件事就是吃掉几个印第安人
[05:54] Is there anything we can do? 我们有没有什么办法?
[05:55] We’ll get an immediate T.R.O. 我们将立刻申请临时禁令
[05:57] I’ll argue it myself. Ban red meat. 我会自己辩论 禁红肉
[05:59] That cannot pass constitutional mustard. 这不可能通过宪法”芥末” (芥末与规定的英文很像)
[06:03] The word is muster, Denny, but you’re right. 是规定 Denny 但是你说对了
[06:05] The law lacks condiments. 这条法律需要调料
[06:07] Let’s mark up a motion and get going, and let’s do it in Suffolk. 让我们先建起一个理念 然后执行 我们到Suffolk再从长计议
[06:10] We should contact the owners of the other affected restaurants, 我们应该联系其他受影响的餐厅的所有者
[06:12] and have them join us. 让他们加入我们
[06:17] 32744, Commonwealth vs. Alan Shore, 32744号案件 英联邦起诉Alan Shore
[06:21] conspiracy to commit battery. 怂恿他人实行殴打罪
[06:23] Tara Wilson for the defendant, your honor. Tara Wilson代表被告 法官大人
[06:24] We’ll waive reading. I shouldn’t think there’ll be any question of bail. 我方提出推迟宣判 并且认为完全有权保释当事人
[06:27] What have we got here? 案件详情
[06:28] He paid some guys in a bar to assault another guy. 他在酒吧雇人殴打另一名男子
[06:30] Judge, the guy insulted my honor. 法官 那个人侮辱了我的尊严
[06:32] I was required by the canons of bar room conduct to respond. 我是基于酒吧的管理规定所作出的反应
[06:35] This being America, I simply enlisted unsuspecting warriors 这里是美国 我仅仅是无意让勇者们参与了
[06:38] who had no idea what I was getting them into. 他们未能预见的事件
[06:40] Was anybody hurt? 有人受伤吗?
[06:42] Cuts and bruises. There was some damage to the bar. 一些划伤和瘀伤 对酒吧造成了一定的破坏
[06:44] My suggestion is we admit to sufficient facts 我的建议是 我们承认事实
[06:46] so you’ll continue it without a finding. 但纠结于事实于事无补
[06:48] My client makes full restitution to the bar. 我的当事人会赔偿酒吧的损失
[06:50] That’s not gonna fly. 那是铁定的
[06:52] It was self-defense. Mr. Shore was hit. 这是自卫行为 Shore先生被打了
[06:54] The fact that he hired others to do the hitting back doesn’t preclude… 他雇人以牙还牙的这个事实不能排除…
[06:57] You want a not guilty, counsel, you need a trial. 要想他被判无罪 法律代理人 你需要开庭审理
[07:00] We could do it today. 今天就可以开庭
[07:02] You’re ready to proceed now? 你现在就准备好进行下一项了?
[07:04] I’ll stipulate to all the facts in the police report, 我会承认警方报告中列出的全部事实
[07:06] though I must take issue with some of the spelling. 尽管我必须指出其中的一些拼写错误
[07:10] If he stips to the facts, I could be ready tomorrow. 如果他承认全部事实 我明天就能准备好
[07:13] Jury trial, of course. I can provide the court with a list of my closest peers. 有陪审团参加的审理 太好了 我可以在陪审团里安插许多朋友
[07:17] I leave for Aspen on Wednesday. 我周三要前往Aspen
[07:18] So we will complete this in one day. 10:00 tomorrow. 因此我们一天之内解决 明天十点
[07:23] The defendant is released on personal recognizance. 被告恢复人身自由
[07:26] Mr. Shore… Shore先生…
[07:29] it would be a big mistake to come in here thinking this is funny. 你要是觉得来到这儿很好笑 那你就大错特错了
[07:37] You mean it’s not funny? 你是说不好笑吗?
[07:44] You cannot just ban red meat. 不能就这么禁红肉
[07:46] Any municipality can pass reasonable health regulations. 自治区可以审核通过合理的健康制度
[07:49] Ah, yes, let’s just pause on that word “reasonable”. 啊 对 让我们停在”合理”这个词上
[07:51] Many towns are dry, forbidding the sale of alcohol. 很多镇子都实行禁酒 禁止酒类销售
[07:53] There is an enormous difference between the sale… 这两者之间有着巨大的不同…
[07:55] Hold on one secnond, Ms. Schmidt. 请稍等 Schmidt小姐
[07:57] In my courtroom, we allow counsel to finish their thoughts. 在我的法庭上 法律代理人可以完成他们的发言
[08:00] – We do not… – if I could interrupt. – 我们不会… – 请允许我打断一下
[08:02] The author of this particular and preposterous legislation 这项特殊又荒唐的立法的发起人
[08:05] happens to be both politically ambitious and a glutton for publicity, 恰好在政治上野心勃勃 又急于得到公众的关注
[08:08] which this new law, funny thing, happens to be generating. 由此 好笑的是 这条法律碰巧诞生了
[08:12] Red meat poses legitimate health concerns. 红肉会引起对健康问题的合理担心
[08:14] So do overzealous elected officials. We don’t just ban them. 热情过度的当选官员也是如此 我们可不禁他们
[08:17] – If only we could. – Now, I shall do the interrupting. – 但愿我们可以 – 现在 我要打断你们
[08:20] If nothing else, I pride myself on being a conscientious fact finder. 如果没有补充 我是一个严谨的追求事实的人
[08:23] Oh, brother. 哦 兄弟
[08:26] Mr. Crane, did you say something? Crane先生 你说了什么吗?
[08:28] It’s a stupid law. Overturn it. Be a man. 这是条愚蠢的法律 推翻它吧 像个男人
[08:34] Mr. Crane was trying to be helpful. Apparently, he did not succeed. Crane先生是在帮忙 显然 他没有成功
[08:37] What is the reason, specifically, 具体说来 是什么原因
[08:39] for your client banning the sale of red meat? 使你的当事人禁止红肉出售?
[08:41] Bovine spongiform encephalopathy. 牛海绵状脑病
[08:47] Mad cow disease. 疯牛病
[08:48] – We’re fearful of an outbreak. – In Summersport? – 我们害怕会爆发 – 在Sunmmersport?
[08:50] – Everywhere. – That’s ridiculous. – 哪儿都有可能 – 真是荒唐
[08:53] Very well, we shall hold an evidentiary hearing. 很好 我们应该举行一场听证会
[08:55] First person I shall hear from is the mayor. 第一个发言的应该是市长
[08:57] Then, Ms. Schmidt, if you so desire, 之后 Schmidt小姐 如果你愿意
[08:59] I shall listen to your client. 我将聆听你当事人的发言
[09:00] Until then, we are adjourned. 在那之前 暂时休庭
[09:02] Put on a dress. 干脆穿条裙子吧
[09:05] 2:00. 两点钟
[09:11] What are you doing? 你在干嘛?
[09:13] I know this judge. I know where his buttons are. 我了解这个法官 我知道他的要害在哪儿
[09:15] Research shows, Denny, Denny 研究表明
[09:17] it’s not wise to antagonize the people whose favor you’re trying to court. 与你试着取悦的人对着干不是明智的举动
[09:20] Oh, come on, Shirley. 哦 得了 Shirley
[09:22] You still antagonize me, 你还跟我对着干呢
[09:23] and we both know what’s really going on, don’t we? 但是我们两个都知道实际上是怎么事 对吧?
[09:28] You sweet man. 你这个可爱的家伙
[09:32] It’s been a long time since you hit my button. 上次你打我的屁股 已经是很久以前了
[09:37] I doubt you’d even know where to find it. 我怀疑你还找得着吗
[09:42] Just a matter of time, Shirley. 只是时间的问题 Shirley
[09:43] Just a matter of time. 早晚的事
[09:48] This doesn’t involve you, man, it’s sexual. 这与你无关 伙计 是关于性的
[09:51] I thought you said the judge would strike the law down. 你不是说法官会废除这条法律吗
[09:54] It just got a little tougher, Dominick. 只是变得有点困难了 Dominick
[09:55] They played the mad cow card. 他们使出了疯牛病这张牌
[10:12] Sometimes a mayor has to do what’s right even if it isn’t popular. 有时市长就要做一些对的事 不管那是否合众意
[10:15] Red meat presents risks 红肉带有风险
[10:16] which I, as the guardian of my constituency, am unwilling to assume. 我作为选区的保护者 无法承担这种风险
[10:21] Legislation is capricious on its face. 表面上看 立法反复无常
[10:23] That’ll be our only comment at this time. 这将是我们这次唯一的观点
[10:25] Pop goes the weasel. 嘣 鼹鼠来了
[10:27] All right, Denny Crane. 好啦 Denny Crane
[10:28] Still cuckoo for cuckoo puffs. 还是老一套
[10:31] Who’s your daddy? 你老爹是谁?
[10:32] Denny Crane. 是Denny Crane
[10:33] Pop goes the weasel. 嘣 鼹鼠来了
[10:36] Simply put, I don’t think we can guarantee the safety of beef. 简单来讲 我认为我们没法保证牛肉的安全
[10:39] Why not? 为什么不能?
[10:40] For starters, we just lifted the ban on Canadian cattle, 首先 我们来说说加拿大的家畜禁制令
[10:43] where mad cow disease was just found again. 那里刚刚又发现了疯牛病的迹象
[10:48] The percentage of mad cow in Canada is statistically… 在加拿大患疯牛病的家畜比例确切是…
[10:50] But why take chances? 可我们为什么要冒险呢?
[10:52] Consider this disease. 想想这种病
[10:54] it’s incurable, it rots the brain, 无药可医 衰弱大脑
[10:56] it’s invariably fatal, and it’s a painful death. 可能致命 病人要承受折磨
[10:59] But our government has assured us there’s absolutely no danger in this. 但是我们的政府保证过 疯牛病绝对不再是个威胁
[11:03] Our government is pro-beef. Are you kidding? 我们的政府是支持牛肉的 你开什么玩笑?
[11:06] In the last five years, the agriculture business has donated $140 million 在近五年内 农业产业已经给国会或者总统的候选人们
[11:12] to congressional and presidential candidates. 捐出了一亿四千万美元
[11:15] Fast-food chains, the cattlemen’s beef association, you name it, 快餐连锁 畜牧业牛肉协会 你随便点
[11:18] they’ve all given big bucks. 他们都收了很多钱
[11:19] But the Department of Agriculture says… 但是农业部说…
[11:22] Oh, please, the USDA’s in the meat industry’s back pocket. 哦 拜托 美国农业部全力支持肉食产业
[11:25] What evidence do you have of that? 你这么说有什么证据?
[11:26] You want evidence? 你想要证据?
[11:27] How about the last secretary of Agriculture 那就来说说前任农业部秘书
[11:30] appointed meat industry advocates to top jobs at the USDA? 任命肉食产业支持者担任农业部的要职?
[11:34] How about the secretary’s former chief of staff used to be 再来说说秘书的前任主任曾是
[11:38] the chief lobbyist for the national cattlemen’s beef association? 国家家畜牛肉协会的首席说客?
[11:43] The USDA has been bought. 美国农业部被收买了
[11:45] Pretty strong words, Mr. Bostwick. 你说得很严重 Bostwick先生
[11:47] – Oprah got sued for saying less. – Well, what does that tell you? – Oprah因为话太多 被起诉了 – 哦 你觉得这说明什么?
[11:49] The meat industry gets to sue a talk show host 肉食产业可以因为一个脱口秀主持人
[11:51] for putting down a hamburger? 不再吃汉堡而起诉她?
[11:53] Free speech doesn’t apply when it comes to beef? 当谈到牛肉这个话题时 言论自由不起作用了?
[11:55] Well, certainly, the USDA has an interest in making meat safe? 嗯 显然 农业部有意保证肉类的安全?
[11:59] But they have a double mandate, your honor. 但是他们拥有双重目标 法官大人
[12:01] And while one may be to keep beef safe, 其中一个可能是保证肉类的安全
[12:03] the other, the bigger one… 但另一个 更重要的一个…
[12:05] is to promote the sale of American meat. 是提高美国肉类的销售量
[12:07] You think there’s a real interest in this country in rooting out mad cow disease? 你认为这个国家能从根除疯牛病上真正得到好处吗?
[12:11] It’s “don’t ask, don’t tell.” 只能不了了之
[12:12] – Objection! – This past April, a cow stumbled and fell in Texas. – 反对! – 在今年四月 在德克萨斯 一头牛跌倒了
[12:17] The vets suspected a central nervous system disorder. 兽医怀疑原因是中枢神经系统障碍
[12:20] That animal should have been tested. 那头动物本应该接受测试
[12:22] It wasn’t. It was quickly slaughtered and put into pig feed. 但实际没有 它很快就被宰了喂猪
[12:24] Why? Because God forbid we discover mad cow disease. 为什么? 因为上帝不允许我们发现疯牛病
[12:28] It would cost billions and billions of dollars. 这要花费数十亿美元
[12:31] I’m not gonna wait. 我不想等待
[12:33] If that gets me sued, so be it. 如果这会让我遭到起诉 那就起诉吧
[12:41] How many people in this country have been afflicted 我们国家有多少人因为疯牛病
[12:43] with the human strain of mad cow disease? 而备受折磨?
[12:45] – I don’t plan to… – To wait, yes. How many? – 我不打算… – 等待 是的 有多少人?
[12:48] – We don’t know. – There have been no confirmed cases. – 我们还不知道 – 目前没有确诊的案例
[12:50] According to some scientists, 根据一些科学家所说
[12:51] many people we think have Alzheimer’s could, in fact, be sick from mad cow. 很多患有老年痴呆症的人 实际上有可能患的是疯牛病
[12:55] – Are you a scientist, sir? – No. – 你是科学家嘛? – 不是
[12:57] Before you became mayor, what was your occupation? 在你成为市长之前 你是做什么行业的?
[13:00] I owned auto dealerships. 我是汽车代理商
[13:01] You were a car salesman. 你是汽车销售员
[13:03] Given that three million people are killed or injured on our roads every year, 鉴于每年有三百万人在马路上或死或伤
[13:07] do you also plan to ban automobiles? 你是否也打算禁止机动车?
[13:09] – No. – What about Salmonella? – 不 – 那沙门氏菌呢?
[13:12] Any plans to criminalize chickens? 你打算禁鸡肉吗?
[13:13] – People don’t die from chickens or… – What about mercury in fish? – 吃鸡不会死人或是… – 那鱼类中含的水银呢?
[13:17] It’s a concern. 那只是个担心
[13:18] But, again, I made a judgment as mayor, 但是 我再次声明 我是作为市长作出此决定的
[13:21] and the selectmen concurred that the dangers of beef… 而且行政委员一致认同牛肉中所存在的危险…
[13:23] Have you any personal political ambitions 你有没有在其中加入
[13:26] beyond that of being mayor of Summersport? 作为Summersport市长的政治野心?
[13:29] I’m not trying to get headlines, if that’s what you’re saying. 如果你是说我是为了上头条的话 那你错了
[13:31] I didn’t say that, but funny you did. 我没那么说 有趣的是 你说了
[13:35] Have you got anything? 你有什么要说的吗?
[13:38] You would agree, Mr. Mayor, that by and large, 你肯定赞同我的说法 市长先生 总体来说
[13:41] vegetarians are Communists. 素食者都是共产主义者
[13:43] I certainly would not. 我当然不赞同
[13:44] We’re at war, Mr. Bostwick. 我们在打仗 Bostwick先生
[13:46] Think we can win that war if we suddenly say to our soldiers, 想想看我们如果突然对士兵们说 “没肉吃了”
[13:48] “no more meat”? 我们能赢吗?
[13:49] Think a nation of fish-eaters can protect the world, you wimp? 想想看一个吃鱼的国家能保护世界吗 你这个懦夫?
[13:52] – Objection. – Withdrawn. Nothing further. – 反对 – 收回 我问完了
[13:56] What the hell are you doing? 你到底在干吗?
[13:59] Don’t bother with the merits, Shirley. 别老想着立功 Shirley
[14:01] This case, it’s all about the judge. 这个案子 关键在于法官
[14:37] You asked to see us. 你叫我们过来的
[14:39] Sit. 坐
[14:41] Not to worry. This is standard. 别担心 这是常规
[14:43] He purposely doesn’t look up. 他故意不抬头
[14:44] It’s a technique taught in the ’40s for establishing dominion. 这是四十年代教授的一种建立主动权的技巧
[14:55] You were involved in a bar altercation last night? 你昨天晚上在酒吧卷入了一场口角?
[14:59] Altercation? I think not. 口角? 我觉得不是
[15:00] It was a brawl. 是个争斗
[15:02] – And you were arrested? – I was. – 而且你被捕了? – 我曾经
[15:05] Trial starts tomorrow, actually. 实际上明天开庭
[15:07] Can I count on you as a character witness? 我能指望你做品格证人吗?
[15:11] Who’s defending you? 谁替你辩护?
[15:12] I’m representing myself, with Tara’s assistance. 我自己代表自己 Tara协助
[15:17] There’s no opportunity to plead this out? 可能脱罪吗?
[15:20] Only if I plead guilty, which is, of course, unacceptable. 除非我承认有罪 当然这是不能接受的
[15:23] I have to worry about a three strikes law, 我不得不去担心三打法
[15:25] since I plan to commit future crimes. 因为我计划在未来继续犯罪
[15:30] I don’t know what kind of career death wish you have, Mr. Shore, 我不知道你要怎样毁掉你的事业 Shore先生
[15:35] but if you’re convicted, if you get time, 但是如果你被判有罪 如果你入狱
[15:37] your employment will be terminated. 你的合约将被终结
[15:39] That may be of little consequence to you… 那可能对你影响不大…
[15:41] If I had a nickel for every time you’ve threatened to fire me, Paul, 要是我每次犯点小事 你都会威胁要开除我 Paul
[15:44] I could simply retire. 我退休就得了
[15:46] Alan, cut it out. Alan 住口吧
[15:49] It is not my habit to lecture, 说教不是我的习惯
[15:54] but what you did last night was selfish. 但昨晚你的所作所为很自私
[15:58] We have a reputation here at Crane, Poole & Schmidt. 我们Crane, Poole & Schmidt有自己的名誉
[16:02] The attorneys here take great pride in that reputation. 这儿的律师都引以为豪
[16:06] It undermines everyone at Crane, Poole & Schmidt 在Crane, Poole & Schmidt的每个人都会因为
[16:10] when a lawyer here is criminally prosecuted. 这儿的某个律师被提起刑事诉讼而受到牵连
[16:13] Your actions hurt people. 你的行为伤害了别人
[16:17] All of us must now tender explanations 现在我们所有人都得向
[16:21] to our friends, our colleagues, 我们的朋友 同事
[16:24] to safeguard and repair the reputation of Crane, Poole & Schmidt. 以及保安解释 来维护Crane, Poole & Schmidt的荣誉
[16:30] Stop it! 够了!
[16:37] I’ve had it. 我受够了
[16:41] Do you hear me? 你听见了吗?
[16:42] I have had it. 我受够了
[16:47] Get out, both of you. 你们两个 都给我出去
[17:19] Personally, I would never eat meat. 就我个人来讲 我永远不会吃肉
[17:21] Why, doctor? 为什么 医生?
[17:22] We don’t have the means to keep track of what cattle are being fed, 我个人认为 我们没法追踪家畜的饲料
[17:25] nor are we adequately testing them, in my opinion. 也没有对它们做足够的测试
[17:27] Your honor, I object to paranoia being offered as evidence. 法官大人 我反对让偏执狂作证人
[17:30] I’m sorry, but it’s absolutely reckless 很抱歉 但是在科学界还无法有效探知
[17:33] for a government to be telling us we’re safe 这种疾病的一切感染方式及传播途径的情况下
[17:35] when the scientific community can’t necessarily detect all the ways 让政府来告诉我们 我们是安全的
[17:38] this disease can be contracted or transmitted. 这种做法很莽撞
[17:41] But let’s look at statistics. 可是数据表明
[17:43] Nobody in this country seems to be getting sick from mad cows. 我们国家没有人因为疯牛患病
[17:47] Judge, we just can’t know that. 法官 我们无从得知
[17:49] The disease may have an incubation period of up to 40 years. 这种疾病的潜伏期可能长达四十年之久
[17:53] You may be infected right now. 你现在可能就已经感染了
[17:54] My point is, 我的意思是
[17:56] nobody now seems to be demonstrating symptoms. 目前 没有人表现出相应的病症
[17:59] We don’t know that for sure, either. 这点我们也不能确定
[18:02] The human strain of the mad cow disease 疯牛病对人类的损伤
[18:04] is called Creutzfeldt-Jakob. 医学上称克雅氏病
[18:06] We call it CJD. 我们叫它CJD
[18:07] But you can also get CJD sporadically, with no link to infected meat. 但极少数情况下 不接触受感染的肉类也会患上CJD
[18:12] And some of the people we’ve diagnosed with Alzheimer’s 一些确诊为老年痴呆症的人
[18:15] might, in fact, have CJD. 实际上有可能患有CJD
[18:17] We don’t know how many cases there really are. 我们不知道究竟有多少个病例
[18:21] You cannot tell me the government has all this figured out. 别告诉我说政府全都统计出来了
[18:24] And the government just covers this up? 政府就这么掩盖事实了?
[18:26] Well, it’s probably not so much a cover-up. 嗯 也许算不上掩盖事实
[18:28] It’s just we’re not terribly motivated to discover the problem. 只是我们没有急功近利地去发现真相
[18:31] The economic consequences would be too severe. 这可能会带来过于严重的经济后果
[18:33] Economic consequences, 经济后果
[18:35] the beef industry would risk an outbreak of mad cow disease. 牛肉产业冒着疯牛病爆发的风险
[18:38] That wouldn’t bankrupt them overnight? 他们不会一夜之间倾家荡产吗?
[18:39] The beef industry can’t always tell when a cow is sick, 牛肉产业有时无法辨认出患病的牛
[18:42] and they’re desperate to believe that isolated cases are isolated cases. 而且他们极度想认定那些都是个例
[18:46] And the Department of Agriculture just plays along? 那农业部是孤军奋战咯?
[18:48] The month after that sick cow was found in Washington state, 华盛顿州的那头病牛被曝光以后
[18:52] mad cow testing dropped almost 50%. 疯牛病测试数量几乎下降了百分之五十
[18:56] – That’s outrageous. – It eventually went up. – 那是极不寻常的 – 数量最终上涨了
[18:58] Look, they tried to track the herd where that Washington cow came from… 听着 他们试着追踪华盛顿那头牛所在的牛群…
[19:02] they couldn’t find 53 of the 80 cows. 80头里有53头都下落不明
[19:05] They’ve since admitted their cattle trackback system isn’t up and running, 他们这才承认 他们的牛群追踪系统不那么灵光
[19:08] and it would have to be done on a voluntary basis. 而且追踪要建立在自愿的基础上
[19:11] Voluntary… 自愿…
[19:13] please, what meat-packing plant wants the distinction of having a mad cow? 拜托 哪个肉食包装厂想要让人知道 他们那儿有疯牛?
[19:20] Which is why I order the fish. 这就是我吃鱼的原因
[19:26] – Denny. – Hmm. – Denny – 嗯
[19:28] – I’m getting my ass kicked here. – I can see that. – 我被堵得无话可说了 – 我看出来了
[19:30] Any suggestions? 有什么建议吗?
[19:36] – How old are you, sir? – 46. – 你多大了 先生? – 46岁
[19:38] I’m 72, and I can mop the floor with you. You know why? 我72了 而且我能把你打倒在地 知道为什么吗?
[19:41] I eat meat. 我吃肉
[19:43] Makes me strong, builds up my immune system, 肉使我强壮 建立起我的免疫系统
[19:45] fights off a whole bunch of other diseases I might have had 防止我患一堆其他的疾病
[19:48] if I weren’t so strong. 我如果没这么强壮 也许就会得那些病了
[19:50] Red meat saves lives, baby. 红肉能救人命 小子
[19:53] – You ever think about that? – I’m sorry, – 你想过吗? – 不好意思
[19:55] but there’s no real evidence to support that opinion. 但是没有实际的证据 可以支持你的观点
[19:58] Oh, I’m sorry. 哦 抱歉
[20:01] Any hard evidence to support yours? 那存在有力的证据 可以支持你的观点吗?
[20:05] Hard evidence, no. 有力的证据 没有
[20:09] But I don’t think we really want to wait for that evidence to come rushing in. 但是我认为 我们不会想要等到证据冒出来的
[20:19] I had him there, 我本来控制住他了
[20:21] right till the end. 可最后失算了
[20:26] He basically offered us $100 to fight. 他给我们100美元让我们打架
[20:29] You took the money. 你拿了钱
[20:30] – Yes. – And you fought. – 是的 – 然后你打架了
[20:32] Yes. 是的
[20:33] Thank you, sir. 谢谢 先生
[20:38] Interesting. We agree to stipulate to the facts, 有意思 我们赞同明确事实的做法
[20:40] and the prosecution sees fit to distort them just the same. 而且控方看起来也把事实扭曲得恰到好处
[20:42] – Objection. – Mr. Edwards, I didn’t say, – 反对 – Edwards先生 我没说
[20:44] “here’s $100, go fight,” did I? “这有一百美元 去打架吧” 是吧?
[20:46] – Well… – Did I not first ask your friend Mike – 嗯… – 我没有先让你的朋友Mike
[20:48] to avenge an assault committed against me? 对我遭到的人身伤害予以还击吗?
[20:50] – Yes. – And then when Mike was attacked, – 有 – 然后当Mike被攻击时
[20:52] I enlisted you and others to go to his aid, did I not? 我让你和其他人去帮他的忙 是吗?
[20:55] – Yes. – And the man who first assaulted me – 是的 – 最先殴打我的男人
[20:58] – had many colleagues who joined the fray, did he not? – Yes. – 有很多同伴加入了战斗 是吧? – 是的
[21:01] In fact, Joe’s friends first turned it into a brawl, wouldn’t you say? 事实上 是Joe的朋友把它变成群殴的 你不这么觉得吗?
[21:04] – Yes. – And as a friend of Mike’s, is it your testimony – 觉得 – 而且作为Mike的朋友 你的证词是否是
[21:08] you would not have gone to his aid had I not offered you money? 如果我不给你钱 你就不会去帮他?
[21:12] No, I would have probably jumped in anyway at that point. 不 那个时候 我大概无论如何 都会加入的
[21:14] Well, given your honest and forthright testimony, 鉴于你的证词诚实且坦白
[21:17] which has shed blinding light on what happened in the bar that night, 使昨天晚上酒吧里的事件水落石出
[21:19] would you now consider yourself 你现在觉得你所目击的这一事件
[21:21] a witness more for the prosecution or the defense? 应该被起诉 还是属于正当防卫?
[21:26] Um, I guess defense. 嗯 我想属于正当防卫
[21:29] Thank you, Mr. Edwards. 谢谢你 Edwards先生
[21:30] You deserve another $100. 你应该再得100美元
[21:43] We’re going to lose? 我们会输?
[21:44] It hasn’t gone well. 事件不是很顺利
[21:46] Surely you’ve noticed. 你肯定也看出来了
[21:47] My grandfather started this steak house. 我祖父开办了这家牛排馆
[21:49] How can… 怎么能…
[21:50] – I just can’t believe it. – Look, it isn’t over yet. – 我就是无法相信 – 还没结束呢
[21:53] We still have summations, but… 我们还有总结 但是…
[21:58] Let me tell you this one more time. 我再告诉你一遍
[22:00] Play the judge. 从法官身上下手
[22:02] The man lives with his mother, and he wears lifts. 这个男人和它妈妈住在一起 他搭顺风车
[22:05] The buzzword is nansy-pansy. 关键词是胆小鼠辈
[22:07] – I beg your pardon. – Nansy-pansy. – 请再说一遍 – 胆小鼠辈
[22:10] He doesn’t want to fall on that side of the fence. 他不想跨过界限到另一边
[22:12] It’s even worse than namby-pamby. 这比郁郁寡欢可糟多了
[22:15] – What are you talking about? – Trust me, Shirley. – 你在说什么? – 相信我 Shirley
[22:20] For once, can you do that? 就一次 可以吗?
[22:24] Nansy-pansy. 胆小鼠辈
[22:36] I was thinking perhaps I should close. 我在想 也许我该结束这一切
[22:38] Don’t be ridiculous. 别荒唐了
[22:40] – I’m sorry? – No offense, Tara, – 什么? – 没别的意思 Tara
[22:41] but since I handled the witness, the jury will be… 但是由于我解决了目击证人 陪审团将会…
[22:44] Did you see the faces on the jury? 你看见陪审团的表情了吗?
[22:47] They weren’t impressed. 他们没觉得你表现得好
[22:48] They found you smug. 他们觉得你自以为是
[22:49] You were, perhaps, too self-satisfied to notice. 也许你对自己太满意了 根本没注意到
[22:53] Are we at a certain point in our cycle, Tara? Tara 我们俩现在是困在某个点上了么?
[23:01] I apologize. 我很抱歉
[23:03] Do you? 是吗?
[23:05] That’s a first. 这是第一步
[23:11] Say what you must. 开门见山吧
[23:13] I was hugely embarrassed by what happened at the bar, 我对在酒吧发生的事感到很尴尬
[23:16] not to mention terrified. 更别提害怕了
[23:18] I could have been injured. Did that ever occur to you? 我可能会受伤 你想过没有?
[23:21] I mean, it would have been one thing 我是说 如果你作出粗鲁的反击
[23:22] had you had a neanderthal reaction and swung back, 并转身离开 那是一回事
[23:24] but your response was considered. 但是你的反击是经过考虑的
[23:26] You reflectively, calmly orchestrated your violence. 你思索后 冷静地施展了你的暴力
[23:31] People could have been hurt. 这可能会伤到别人
[23:33] I could have been hurt, 可能会伤到我
[23:35] but you’ve not once considered that, 但你一次也没注意过
[23:36] because contrary to the rumor that you are the center of the universe, 因为传言说你把自己当做宇宙的中心
[23:40] clearly you are the universe, 但其实你把自己就看做是宇宙
[23:43] and I, for one, am getting sick of it. 我 宇宙中的一点 对此已经厌烦了
[24:14] Alan Shore’s a good lawyer, Paul. Alan Shore是名好律师 Paul
[24:15] If we fire him, it does leave a hole. 如果我们开除了他 会是个损失
[24:18] I am certainly mindful of that, 我很清楚
[24:20] but how far do we let him push us? 但是我们还要被他牵着鼻子走多久?
[24:22] He has done this at every firm he has worked for. 他在每一个任职的公司 都做过类似的事情
[24:24] He defies them to the point… 他否定他们…
[24:26] His last firm sued him. 他上一个单位起诉了他
[24:28] Yes, and he went on. They didn’t. 对 然后他继续他的事业 但那个公司没有
[24:31] Schmidt, you called? Schmidt 你叫我?
[24:33] Cellina, I called you three hours ago. Cellina 我三小时前就叫你了
[24:35] Where have you been? 你去哪儿了?
[24:36] Patriots parade. 爱国者游行
[24:37] The patriots parade was last week. 爱国者游行是上周的事
[24:39] Three super bowls, four years. 三个超级杯 四年
[24:41] I’m still on parade. 我现在还在游行
[24:44] You worked on that Ianetti meat-packing case last year, didn’t you? 你去年负责过Ianetti肉食包装的案子 对吧?
[24:48] Yes. 对
[24:49] What do you know about that cow in Washington state? 你知道关于华盛顿那头牛的情况吗?
[24:53] I’m about to suffer an embarrassing defeat in court. 我将会在法庭上很尴尬地被打败
[24:56] I need to show that what happened in Washington was an isolated, what? 我得说明发生在华盛顿的事件只是一次例外 怎么?
[25:00] Don’t go near the Washington case. 别讨论华盛顿那个案例
[25:02] It’s possible it wasn’t even a downer cow. 那可能甚至不是一头唐纳牛
[25:05] What do you mean, downer cow? 什么叫 唐纳牛?
[25:07] Basically, it means the cow fell down. 基本上讲 就是摔倒的牛
[25:09] We’re told that the mad cows are easy to spot 他们告诉我们说疯牛很好辨认
[25:12] because they stumble and fall. 因为它们容易绊倒
[25:14] We were told that this cow fell, 他们告诉我们这只牛摔倒了
[25:16] but eyewitnesses in Washington 但是华盛顿的目击证人说
[25:18] say the cow was walking and was tested only as a fluke. 那头牛当时在走路 它会接受测试只是个偶然
[25:22] Which means… 那就是说…
[25:23] while we’re being told that the sick cows show easily detectable symptoms… 他们告诉我们病牛会表现出能够探查的病症…
[25:29] they sometimes don’t, and therefore go undetected. 但有时候不会 因此是不可探查的
[25:33] Stay away from the Washington case. 别提华盛顿的案子
[25:36] Thank you, Cellina. 谢谢 Cellina
[25:43] Pardon the expression, but… 抱歉我要这么说 但是…
[25:45] I’m dead meat. 我死定了
[25:47] You really think you’re going to lose? 你真的觉得你会输吗?
[25:49] I’m tempted to employ Denny’s strategy. Denny诱惑我用他的策略
[25:52] Which is… 他的策略是…
[25:55] Nansy-pansy. 胆小鼠辈
[26:01] All I know is he instigated the brawl. 我只知道他教唆别人打架斗殴
[26:03] The charge is conspiracy to commit aggravated assault. 控诉是怂恿殴打和人身伤害罪
[26:06] Talking about me, Brad? 你在说我吗 Brad?
[26:08] Yeah, we’re just trying to imagine you as an instigator. 对 我们正在试着把你想象成一名教唆犯
[26:12] What’s that supposed to mean? 这是什么意思?
[26:16] Sorry. 抱歉
[26:18] – Forget it. – No, let’s not forget it. – 算了吧 – 别 不能算了
[26:20] How about you say what you have to say? 把你想说的说出来 怎么样?
[26:22] Or is that too monumental an effort, completing whole sentences? 还是说 您的金口难开?
[26:25] – Come on, Alan. – You want to talk about me, Lori? – 好了 Alan – 你想说我什么吗 Lori?
[26:26] Perhaps you should reposition yourself behind my back. 也许你应该站到我看不见的地方
[26:29] Isn’t that the rule of the game? 游戏规则不是如此吗?
[26:30] I don’t talk about you behind your back. 我不在背后议论你
[26:32] You’re not that interesting. 你没那么有意思
[26:35] I’m tired of this. Got that? 我已经腻了 明白吗?
[26:41] I don’t know what’s going on with you, sport, 我不知道这是怎么了 老兄
[26:43] but you’re certainly smart enough to realize 但是你应该够聪明
[26:45] that I could probably dismember you in about the time… 明白我随时都能把你打散了 只要我愿…
[26:50] – Then do it. – Cut it out. – 那就来呀 – 住口
[26:51] What the hell is going on? 这到底是怎么回事?
[26:52] Careful, Tara. I wouldn’t want you to get hurt. 当心点 Tara 我不希望你受伤
[26:54] Listen to me. 你听我说
[26:55] Talking to others as if I weren’t the only one in the universe. 跟别人聊聊 别把自己当成宇宙的中心
[26:58] When will I learn? 我什么时候才明白?
[27:00] No, when will we learn? 不 我们什么时候才能明白?
[27:02] That you are always right. 你总是对的
[27:07] That it makes sense to start a bar room brawl. 在酒吧挑事是有情可原的
[27:10] That it’s perfectly reasonable to get into a shoving match at the office. 在办公室举办推人大赛也是有充分理由的
[27:15] Nothing could be going on with you. 没有事情是因为你的问题
[27:20] When will we learn? 我们什么时候才能明白?
[27:26] Get help. 找人帮帮你吧
[27:39] We had an expression in this country years ago called “where’s the beef?” 我们国家数年前有一种说法 叫做 “牛肉在哪儿?”
[27:43] Translation, where’s the substance? 意指为 实质的东西在哪儿?
[27:46] Your honor, do you know anybody 法官大人 你认识的人中
[27:49] who’s been victimized by mad cow disease? 有疯牛病的受害者吗?
[27:52] Know anybody who knows anybody? 你认识的人里有认识的吗?
[27:55] Know anybody who knows anybody who knows anybody? 认识的人里有人认识认识疯牛病患者的人吗?
[28:01] There’s simply not a shred of evidence to 目前没有一丁点证据
[28:04] suggest that a single person in this country 能表明这个国家有人
[28:06] has ever become ill from a mad cow. 曾经患过疯牛病
[28:10] But why wait? 但是为什么要等有人患病呢?
[28:13] That’s the mayor’s jingle. 这是市长的给出的警示
[28:14] Why wait? 为什么等?
[28:17] Because this man and others like him 因为这个男人和其它像他一样的人
[28:19] have sacrificed their lives and their livelihoods building their restaurants. 用尽了他们一生的时间和精力 建设他们的餐厅
[28:24] Maybe as a courtesy, 也许只是出于善意
[28:26] we could wait for a scintilla of evidence 我们可以先等到有苗头出现
[28:29] before arbitrarily destroying their businesses. 再利用司法毁掉他们的餐厅
[28:33] The fact is, 事实是
[28:34] the USDA has done an exemplary job conducting tests, 农业部在检测程序方面很规范
[28:38] establishing safeguards to prevent the outbreak of mad cow disease, 他们建立了保卫措施 防止疯牛病爆发
[28:42] which is probably why it hasn’t broken out. 这很可能就是疯牛病未爆发的原因
[28:44] Well, we could give in to our fear and panic… 嗯 我们可以让害怕和恐慌吞噬我们…
[28:48] baseless panic. 那些恐慌毫无根据
[28:50] but that would make us… 但那样会让我们变成…
[28:56] a nation of nansy-pansies. 一个胆小的民族
[29:00] I don’t know about you, but… 我不知道您 但是…
[29:02] I don’t want to be a nansy-pansy. 我不想做胆小鼠辈
[29:11] Towns make rules all the time. 城镇总是在不停地立规矩
[29:13] Lots of them zoned fast-food restaurants out of business. 很多镇都禁止速食餐厅营业
[29:17] Through permits, 通过发放许可证
[29:18] they can control how you build your house. 他们可以限制你建什么样的房子
[29:22] Some towns ban alcohol, cigarettes. 有些镇子禁酒禁烟
[29:25] Others have curfews. 其他的有宵禁
[29:26] We do all kinds of things. 我们什么法都立
[29:29] The only legal requirement is that the laws are reasonable. 唯一的立法要求是具备合理性
[29:33] It is not unreasonable to fear an outbreak of mad cow disease. 惧怕疯牛病的爆发不是不合理的
[29:39] We’ve had a case in Washington state, 华盛顿有一个案例
[29:41] another last month in Canada. 上个月在加拿大又有一例
[29:44] We just lifted the ban on Canadian beef. 我们刚刚加大了对加拿大牛肉进口的限制
[29:47] The incubation period for this disease could be decades. 这种病的潜伏期可能有几十年
[29:50] We have no guarantee that we’re not already infected. 我们不能确保我们到现在为止还没被感染
[29:54] It is simply reckless 当科学界无能为力时
[29:56] for the government to be injecting certainty 让政府来给我们保证
[29:59] when the scientific community cannot. 是非常莽撞的
[30:01] And forget mad cow. 先不提疯牛病
[30:02] We already know that eating beef can cause high cholesterol, heart disease. 我们都知道吃牛肉会引起高胆固醇 心脏病
[30:07] It increases the risk of colon cancer. 还会增加结肠癌的患病机率
[30:09] There’s listeria and E. coli, which has already killed people. 牛肉含有能致命的利斯特杆菌和大肠杆菌
[30:14] Dioxin, 二恶英
[30:15] the poison that almost killed the Ukrainian president, 差点害乌克兰总统丧命的毒药
[30:18] that stuff is on our grazing grass. 那东西就在我们的牧草上
[30:22] Scientists say the average American has 科学家称美国人人均
[30:24] about 10 units of dioxin in their blood fat 血液中含有十个单位的二恶英
[30:27] simply from eating animal fat. 都是从动物脂肪中获取的
[30:31] There are all kinds of reasonable justifications 我们有很多合理的解释
[30:36] for a mayor to try to reduce red meat from the diet of his citizenry. 足以让市长尽力减少市民膳食中的红肉含量
[30:40] And let me remind you. 而且 让我来提请各位注意
[30:42] there is nothing… 没有这么一条…
[30:45] nothing in the constitution 宪法中没有任何一条
[30:48] that guarantees anybody the right to sell a hamburger. 保证有人能享有卖汉堡的权利
[31:21] This wasn’t self-defense. 这不是自卫
[31:22] Mr. Shore was not under any physical threat Shore先生在雇第一个人去打架的时候
[31:25] when he paid the first man to fight. 没有收到任何物理攻击
[31:27] This was vengeance for hire. 这是因报复而起的一次雇佣
[31:30] And once that violence began, he started paying others to escalate it. 暴力一经开始 他又雇其他人使暴力升级
[31:33] These facts are not in dispute. 这些事实毋庸置疑
[31:36] The only real question for you here is, 你们唯一要解决的问题是
[31:39] is Mr. Shore above the law or not? Shore先生有没有违反法律?
[31:56] I’ve been accused of, 我被指控
[31:59] reflectively, perhaps even glibly, 经过深思地 或许是流畅地
[32:03] orchestrating a little revenge. 策划了这起小的报复
[32:07] Well, I guess that’s how I wanted it to look. 嗯 我想我大概想让事情看起来如此
[32:10] A man punched me in the face 一个男人朝我脸上打了一拳
[32:14] in front of my girlfriend. 就在我女朋友面前
[32:16] And while my instinct was to hit him back, 我的本能是回敬他一拳
[32:21] the truth is, I was afraid. 事实是 我害怕了
[32:25] I was fearful that if I retaliated, he would… 我害怕要是我还击了 他会…
[32:32] beat me up. 把我打趴下
[32:34] So I got somebody else to do my fighting. 所以我找其他人来替我打架
[32:37] Then things got out of hand. 接着事情一发不可收拾
[32:42] And, well… 然后 嗯…
[32:45] I had to send more and more troops 我只得派送越来越多的人
[32:49] to a war that should’ve ended quickly. 到这个本该早早结束的战争中
[32:53] But make no mistake, 但是毫无疑问
[32:55] my reaction that night was not so much reflective as it was… 我当晚的反应与其说是经过深思 不如说是…
[33:06] primal. 原始的
[33:09] A man hit me. 一个男人打了我
[33:13] And while we like to think of ourselves as being evolved… 鉴于我们喜习惯于认为自己经历过进化…
[33:24] maybe I should’ve just hit him. 也许我应该干脆打他
[33:29] There’s a warrior that lies within the belly of every man. 每个人都有英勇的一面
[33:34] A warrior who, in my case, has always gone unsatisfied. 就我而言 这一面总是被压制着
[33:39] I tried to satisfy him but without pain. 我试着不受伤痛就能展现那一面
[33:44] That’s what the craven do, sometimes. 那是懦夫的做法
[33:48] They stand out of the fray, 他们将自己置之度外
[33:50] thump their egos along with their chests, 把自我压抑在胸膛里
[33:56] and let others do the fighting. 然后让别人来打架
[34:31] Well, thank you all for staying late. 谢谢各位在此等候
[34:36] I did some research of my own. 我自己做了一些调查
[34:39] As you may know, I pride myself on being a conscientious fact finder. 如你们所知 我以自己对事实一丝不苟的发现精神自豪
[34:43] Here we go. 开始了
[34:48] Mad cow disease is here. 疯牛病就在这儿
[34:50] And for all the guarantees supplied by the government, 政府提出的所有保障
[34:52] the scientific community doesn’t back them up. 从来没有得到过科学家的支持
[34:54] We all have a right to be concerned. 我们有权担心
[34:58] The governmental agencies in place to protect us 用以保护我们的政府机构
[35:00] seem to be controlled by the industries we need protection from. 好像被我们担心的对象-工厂所控制着
[35:05] This mad cow disease started out in Europe and worked its way over here, 疯牛病始于欧洲 后一路传播到此
[35:08] and it is true the scientists are at odds with our government, 科学家和政府意见不一 也是事实
[35:13] but as a trier of fact, 但是作为事实的审判者
[35:15] a judge must rely on facts. 一名法官必须依赖于事实
[35:19] And there is no evidence of an epidemic. 目前没有证据表明发生疫情
[35:22] If a judge were to allow himself to be governed by fear alone, 如果一名法官让自己的心被恐惧占领
[35:25] well, then it is true, and I agree, 哦 那么没错 我也同意
[35:27] it would make him a… 他就会是一个…
[35:31] a nansy-pansy. 胆小鼠辈
[35:34] This judge is anything but. 这名法官绝不是
[35:36] I find the law banning the sale of red meat 我认为红肉销售的禁制令
[35:39] to be premature, if not capricious, and it is hereby overturned. 提出过早 如果这条法律不是变化无常的 那么我宣布废除
[35:43] Way to go, judge. 做得好 法官
[35:46] Case adjourned. 休庭
[35:50] Anybody up for a burger? 有人要去吃汉堡吗?
[35:52] Thank you, thank you. 谢谢 谢谢你们
[35:55] Thank God. 感谢上帝
[36:00] Well, Denny, I admit, I had my doubts. Denny 我承认 我有过怀疑
[36:03] But you won this case. Thank you. 但是你打赢了这场官司 谢谢你
[36:06] Does this mean we’re having sex tonight? 那是不是说我们今晚可以做爱了?
[36:10] Allow me the dream a little longer. 让我再多做一会儿美梦
[36:15] I won the day. 我赢了官司
[36:18] I deserve to be rewarded. 我理应被奖励
[36:20] I’ll give you this. 我给你这个
[36:25] Denny, Denny, Denny 嗯 Denny
[36:29] Denny Crane. Denny 嗯 Crane
[36:50] I must be acquitted. She’s not smiling. 我肯定被开释了 她都不笑了
[36:54] Madam foreperson, you’ve reached a unanimous verdict? 陪审团主席 你们达成一致裁定了吗?
[36:57] – We have, your honor. – What say you? – 达成了 法官大人 – 你们的意见是?
[37:00] Commonwealth vs. Alan Shore, 英联邦控告Alan Shore
[37:02] on the count of conspiracy to commit aggravated assault, 怂恿他人严重人身伤害罪
[37:05] we find the defendant Alan Shore not guilty. 我们认为 被告Alan Shore无罪
[37:10] We appeal, judge. 我方要求上诉 法官
[37:14] Members of the jury, this completes your service. You can go. 陪审团成员 你们的职责已尽 你们可以走了
[37:18] Mr. Shore. Shore先生
[37:20] This probably doesn’t have to be goodbye 这事暂时还没完
[37:23] so much as until we meet again. 也许我们会再见
[37:26] Yes, your honor. 是的 法官大人
[37:31] She’s attracted to me. 她对我有意思
[37:34] No doubt. 肯定的
[37:36] Tara… Tara啊…
[37:38] I am sorry. 对不起
[37:41] I never meant to put you in any danger. 我从没想过将你置身危险之中
[37:44] I know. 我知道
[37:48] When you… 当你…
[37:53] launched into that diatribe about me being the… 骂我的时候 说我是…
[37:57] The universe? 宇宙?
[38:02] You even said you were sick of it. 你甚至说你厌烦了
[38:07] Are you sick of me? 你烦我了吗?
[38:14] Are you sick of me, Tara? 你烦我了吗 Tara?
[38:19] No. 没有
[38:30] As much as I… 正如我…
[38:34] loathe sentiment together with its expression, 极度地厌恶这种表达 以及它蕴含的情感一样
[38:39] I cherish you. 我非常珍视你
[38:44] You should just know… 你应该知道…
[38:51] you really, really smell good. 你问起来真的很香
[38:57] You smell good, too. 你也很香
[39:32] How’d you do? 你怎么样?
[39:34] The jury was out 15 minutes. Not guilty. 陪审团讨论了十五分钟 无罪
[39:37] They took pity on me. 他们可怜我
[39:40] Congratulations. 祝贺你
[39:45] I heard you won. 我听说你赢了
[39:49] Everything okay? 一切还顺利吗?
[39:53] I don’t have Alzheimer’s. 我患的不是老年痴呆症
[39:57] I have mad cow disease. 我患的是疯牛病
[40:01] Well, it’s nice to finally know. 终于知道了真相了 真好
[40:11] Ever beat up anybody with your bare hands? 你赤手空拳打赢过架吗?
[40:16] Many times. 有很多次
[40:19] Why? 怎么了?
[40:22] Just asking. 就是问问
[40:24] Have you? 你呢?
[40:28] No. 没有
[40:32] Well… 哦…
[40:35] it makes you a better man than I, I guess. 我想 那你比我人更好
[40:41] I guess so. 我想是吧
波士顿法律

Post navigation

Previous Post: 波士顿法律(Boston Legal)第1季第13集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
Next Post: 波士顿法律(Boston Legal)第1季第15集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Archives

  • July 2024
  • June 2024

Categories

  • 1931年
  • 1939年
  • 1941年
  • 1942年
  • 1943年
  • 1944年
  • 1948年
  • 1952年
  • 1953年
  • 1954年
  • 1955年
  • 1956年
  • 1957年
  • 1958年
  • 1959年
  • 1960年
  • 1961年
  • 1962年
  • 1963年
  • 1964年
  • 1966年
  • 1967年
  • 1968年
  • 1969年
  • 1970年
  • 1971年
  • 1972年
  • 1973年
  • 1974年
  • 1975年
  • 1976年
  • 1977年
  • 1978年
  • 1979年
  • 1980年
  • 1981年
  • 1982年
  • 1983年
  • 1984年
  • 1985年
  • 1986年
  • 1987年
  • 1988年
  • 1989年
  • 1990年
  • 1991年
  • 1992年
  • 1993年
  • 1994年
  • 1995年
  • 1996年
  • 1997年
  • 1998年
  • 1999年
  • 2000年
  • 2001年
  • 2002年
  • 2003年
  • 2004年
  • 2005年
  • 2006年
  • 2007年
  • 2008年
  • 2009年
  • 2010年
  • 2011年
  • 2012年
  • 2013年
  • 2014年
  • 2015年
  • 2016年
  • 2017年
  • 2018年
  • 2019年
  • 2020年
  • 2021年
  • 2022年
  • 2023年
  • 2024年
  • barui
  • Uncategorized
  • 一切安好
  • 中央公园
  • 亢奋
  • 亿万
  • 传世
  • 兄弟连
  • 克拉丽丝
  • 克拉克森的农场
  • 内裤队长
  • 副警长
  • 十字剑
  • 博斯
  • 卡特特工
  • 双城之战
  • 发展受阻
  • 叶卡捷琳娜大帝
  • 哈哈大校
  • 坏法官
  • 坏老师
  • 基本演绎法
  • 大城小妞
  • 大学生费莉希蒂
  • 大神偷卡门
  • 大西洋帝国
  • 天使在美国
  • 娃娃脸
  • 小小安妮
  • 小谎大事
  • 少年间谍亚历克斯
  • 布里奇顿
  • 幻灭
  • 废柴联盟
  • 康斯坦丁
  • 开心汉堡店
  • 德古拉
  • 德里女孩
  • 怒呛人生
  • 恋爱挑战书
  • 惊异传奇
  • 惊悚50州
  • 意乱情迷
  • 成瘾剂量
  • 我为喜剧狂
  • 找寻自我
  • 摩斯探长前传
  • 教师情事
  • 敢不敢挑战我
  • 新成长的烦恼
  • 日常谜团
  • 明日传奇
  • 星际之门亚特兰蒂斯
  • 更美好的事
  • 末日巡逻队
  • 杀无赦
  • 柏林谍影
  • 死亡医师
  • 比弗利娇妻
  • 波士顿法律
  • 火线警告
  • 灵书妙探
  • 犯罪心理
  • 犯罪现场调查·拉斯维加斯
  • 犯罪现场调查·纽约篇
  • 犯罪现场调查迈阿密
  • 狂欢命案
  • 狄金森
  • 狗狗博客
  • 生活
  • 生活大爆炸
  • 眼见为虚
  • 破产姐妹
  • 破发点大满贯之路
  • 神烦警探
  • 红粉联盟
  • 绝命律师
  • 绝命毒师
  • 绝望的主妇
  • 绿箭侠
  • 罪恶黑名单
  • 美国众神
  • 美国恐怖故事
  • 美国罪案故事
  • 美女上错身
  • 美式主妇
  • 脆莓公园
  • 致命陷阱
  • 艾米丽在巴黎
  • 芝加哥急救
  • 芝加哥烈焰
  • 芝加哥警署
  • 蛇蝎女佣
  • 贴身保镖
  • 达芬奇的恶魔
  • 迷失
  • 逃离丹尼莫拉
  • 逝者之证
  • 郊狼
  • 金牌律师
  • 铁证悬案
  • 随性所欲
  • 零异频道
  • 马男波杰克
  • 鲍勃心动
  • 麻木不仁
  • 黑吃黑
  • 黑帆
  • 黑暗救赎
  • 黑色星期一

Copyright © 2025 英美剧电影台词站.

Powered by PressBook WordPress theme