Skip to content

英美剧电影台词站

波士顿法律(Boston Legal)第1季第9集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Posted on July 8, 2024 By taiciben_script_user No Comments on 波士顿法律(Boston Legal)第1季第9集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
时间 英文 中文
[00:12] It is also my expert opinion that the document analysis is reliable, 从我的专业角度来看 这份文件分析是可信赖的
[00:17] as these handwriting samples are comparatively similar. 因为这些笔迹样本都相当的相似
[00:23] – I am so bored. – Shh. – 我快无聊死了 – 嘘
[00:25] I need to get back to the office. 我要回办公室
[00:27] I have so much work to do on the Myers case. Myers的案子还有好多事情要做
[00:29] The sample provided on the top 上面的样本
[00:31] contains the same content 下面的原始材料
[00:34] as the original on the bottom. 内容是一样的
[00:36] Namely, they are both the subject’s signature, no pun intended. 也就是说 它们都是当事人的签名 这不是双关语
[00:45] “Namely.” 就是”姓名”
[00:49] This is actually killing me. 我真要被折磨死了
[00:51] Part of me is dying. 我能感觉到生命的流失
[00:52] Shh. 嘘
[00:54] I have a bomb! 我有炸弹!
[01:00] This is better. 这可很有趣
[01:01] Remember me, Judge? 还记得我吗 法官大人?
[01:02] 15 to 20 for aggravated manslaughter? 过失杀人罪 你判了15到20年监禁?
[01:05] Well, I got out today. 我今天出狱了
[01:07] And you know what? 而且你知道吗?
[01:08] I’m still aggravated! 我依然很想杀人!
[01:11] Sit down! 坐下!
[01:13] Do you mind? We’re trying to conduct a trial here. 这位先生? 我们正在审理案子呢
[01:16] Get over here! 过来!
[01:22] Did you hear me? 你没听见吗?
[01:24] I said I had a bomb. 我说了我有炸弹
[01:25] No, you don’t and here’s why. 不 你没有 理由就是
[01:27] A, you said “manslaughter”, 首先 你犯了”过失杀人罪”
[01:29] which means that you didn’t have the guts 说明你原先就根本
[01:30] for murder one the first time around. 没有勇气杀人
[01:32] B, if you’re clever enough to make that aggravation choke, 其次 既然你懂得用处在愤怒中来减轻罪责
[01:35] you’re clever enough to know that threatening to have a bomb 你更该懂得 威胁说有炸弹比
[01:37] carries a much lesser sentence than actually wearing one. 实际携带炸弹 量刑轻得多
[01:40] C, that coat is fairly svelte. 再次 你的外套很贴身 不像有东西
[01:42] And D, if you really had a bomb, 最后 如果你真有炸弹
[01:44] you wouldn’t need to have a hostage. 你就不需要人质了
[01:48] Would you? 对吗?
[01:50] I do have a bomb. 我真有炸弹
[01:51] Come on, we’ve got two more expert witnesses to get through by lunch. 拜托 我们还要传唤完两个专家证人 才能吃中饭
[01:54] I’m assuming you can speed through your testimony 你应该能说快点
[01:57] – just to keep up with our schedule? – Uh-huh. – 让我们能赶上进度吧? – 可以
[01:58] You sit down, or I’ll blow this thing! 你坐下 要不然我就引爆了
[02:00] – You don’t have a bomb. – Yes, I do! – 你没有炸弹 – 不 我有!
[02:02] – No, you don’t. – Yes, I do. – 不 你没有 – 不 我有
[02:03] – Prove it. – Mr. Chase, perhaps… – 证明给我看 – Chase先生 可能…
[02:04] I was a hostage negotiator as a marine. 我曾经是海军陆战队的谈判专家
[02:07] This man does not have a bomb. 这人绝对没有炸弹
[02:09] – I do, too! – You’re interrupting, sir. – 我有! – 请别打断我 先生
[02:11] – Mr. Chase… – Show me the bomb. – Chase先生… – 把炸弹让我看看
[02:13] I’ll blow this thing! 我要引爆了!
[02:14] – Mr. Chase! – Show it to me. – Chase先生! – 给我看看啊
[02:17] I’m not gonna show you. 我才不会给你看呢
[02:20] I didn’t think so. 我也这么想
[02:23] Fine. 好吧
[02:47] What do you know? 谁知道呢?
[02:49] Boston Legal 1×09 A Greater Good
[03:21] What’s that thing? 那是什么?
[03:24] It’s an ornament. A Christmas tree ornament. 装饰品 圣诞树上的装饰品
[03:27] You can’t go to court like that. 你不能带着这个上庭
[03:29] Of course not. 当然不行
[03:32] You okay, Denny? 你还好吗 Denny?
[03:35] It’s this case. 是这个案子
[03:37] It seems like I’ve done nothing else but work on it for the last three weeks. 过去三周我都扑在这个案子上 其他啥也没做
[03:40] What in particular about the case is bothering you? 有什么特别困扰你的吗?
[03:44] I don’t know what it’s about. 我压根搞不懂它是怎么回事
[03:47] It’s, well, if you, say, 就是 比如 就是你吧
[03:50] were going to briefly describe it to someone who was clueless, 要给一个完全不了解这件案子的人大概解释一下
[03:53] what would you say? 你要怎么说?
[03:54] I’d say we represent a big drug company… 我会说 我们的当事人是一家大制药公司…
[03:57] Yes, that’s the part I like. 恩 我喜欢这个部分
[03:59] Then I’d say they’re being sued by a woman 然后 我会说一个女人起诉了这家公司
[04:01] who claims she was wrongfully removed 主张公司以不正当的理由 把她剔除出了
[04:03] from the company’s clinical trial of a potent, new diabetes medicine. 一种新的糖尿病特效药的临床试验
[04:07] That’s where I lose track. 到这里我就不明白了
[04:10] Special pills make woman happy. 那个女人喜欢吃那种药
[04:13] Company take pills away. 制药公司不让她吃
[04:15] Woman sue to get back on special pills. 女人起诉要求继续让她吃药
[04:19] Got it. 明白了
[04:21] Denny. Denny啊
[04:23] Martin. Hey. Martin 嗨
[04:25] Martin. Martin啊
[04:27] You remember Alan Shore? 你记得Alan Shore吗?
[04:30] It’s an ornament. 这是个装饰品
[04:32] I head the Office Cheer Committee. 我是事务所欢乐委员会会长
[04:34] Since I received no late night call last night, I assume we didn’t settle. 昨晚没接到电话 所以我猜和解不成功是吧
[04:37] We informed your in-house counsel. 我们已经通知你们公司的法律顾问了
[04:39] I like to hear things from you. 我想直接听你说
[04:41] I feel I have a direct relationship with you. 我认为我们俩要直接联系
[04:45] We didn’t settle. 和解不成功
[04:47] I don’t really understand this. 我真是不明白
[04:49] Every legal opinion I’ve gotten says the merits fall 我听到的法律意见都认为
[04:51] one-sidedly in our favor. 法律站在我们这边
[04:53] Legal opinions only go to the law, Mr. Jeffries. 法律意见只是从法律角度考虑 Jeffries先生
[04:57] I had opportunity to view the plaintiff’s videotaped deposition. 我听了原告作证的录音带
[05:00] She comes off as an extremely sympathetic and likable person. 她听起来非常可怜 也很讨人喜欢
[05:04] And? 而?
[05:05] You don’t. 你完全不是那样
[05:08] Our fear, and the plaintiff’s hope, 我们最怕的 也是原告最希望看到的
[05:11] is that the jury will like her and feel for her pain 是陪审团喜欢她 同情她的痛苦
[05:14] and attempt to alleviate said pain 希望能帮她减轻痛苦
[05:16] with millions and millions of your dollars. 而方法是让您赔几百万块给她
[05:22] I was under the impression I hired attorneys who could employ reason 我以为我雇的律师
[05:27] and intellect to offset the emotion inuring to the plaintiff’s favor. 有办法让这些同情心消失呢
[05:31] Did I hire the wrong law firm, Mr. Shore? 我是不是找错了事务所了 Shore先生?
[05:34] Certainly not, sir. 当然不是 先生
[05:35] You’ve hired the best. 你雇了最好的律师
[05:49] Paul. Paul啊
[05:50] The Myers age discrimination case. Myers年龄歧视的案子
[05:53] We just got the DVD-ROM delivered. 我们才收到DVD
[05:54] 6,500 pages of Mcnamara documents, 还有6500页的Mcnamara的文件
[05:57] every useless document they could dump on here. 他们把所有没用的文件都扔过来了
[05:59] Well, they’re probably not ready, and this is meant to slow us down. 看来他们没准备好 想拖慢我们的进度
[06:02] Right, and they want to force us to ask for a continuance 对 他们想逼我们申请延长举证期
[06:05] because they know Judge Simmons won’t give them anymore. 因为他们知道Simmons法官不会再给他们延期
[06:07] Well, we won’t be asking for one. Uh, Miss Heep. 我们不会申请的 呃 Heep小姐
[06:09] Uh, Miss Wilson. 啊 Wilson小姐
[06:11] We have a trial next week. Lori will fill you in. 下周有个案子要开庭 Lori会跟你们细说
[06:14] I want you to pour through this document. 我要你们浏览一下这些文件
[06:16] The likelihood is it contains nothing relevant, 可能里面什么有用信息也没有
[06:18] but we can’t take any chances. 但我们不能冒险
[06:19] Lori will tell you what to look for. Lori会告诉你们找什么
[06:21] I’m sorry. Um… 对不起 嗯…
[06:22] can you get somebody to take my place on this, please? 能不能找人替我做这个?
[06:25] You have something else more pressing? 你还有更紧急的事情吗?
[06:27] No, but I prefer not to work on this case. 不 但我不想做这个案子
[06:29] Why not? 为什么?
[06:31] It’s personal. 个人原因
[06:32] You’re making it professional. 你的个人原因正在影响工作
[06:34] I’m, I’m just not… 我 我只是不想…
[06:36] I, I’m uncomfortable working with Tara. 我不想跟Tara一起工作
[06:43] Because? 原因?
[06:44] I used to sleep with Alan Shore, and now she does. 我以前和Alan Shore睡过 而现在她们搞在一起
[06:47] And she wants to. 还有她 也有此意
[06:49] I do not. 我没有
[07:04] How dare you make a remark to one of the most senior partners of this firm 你怎么能跟公司最资深的合伙人之一说
[07:08] that I want to sleep with another associate here. 我想跟我同事上床
[07:11] Even if I did want to sleep with Alan Shore, 就算我想跟Alan Shore上床
[07:13] which, I assure you, I do not, 当然 我向你保证 我并不想
[07:15] but even if your remark was truthful, 但是即使你说的是真的
[07:16] it would not make it any less inappropriate. 这也是极不合适的
[07:19] You’re right. 你说得对
[07:21] I apologize. 我道歉
[07:24] – Do you bear some ill will towards me? – No. – 你是不是讨厌我? – 没有
[07:28] I suppose I regressed to the childish defense that 我想那只是个孩子气的反驳
[07:30] “Everybody else is doing it.” “其他人都这么做”
[07:32] But I’m not doing it, Tara. 但我没有和他上床 Tara
[07:33] I’m not sleeping with Mr. Shore, which you very well know. 我没有 你很清楚啊
[07:36] I only said you wanted to. 我只说你想要
[07:38] And, again, I apologize. 还有 我再次道歉
[07:41] My remark was, as you say, 我说的话 就像你说的
[07:42] completely inappropriate, 非常不合适
[07:45] however accurate. 不过是对的
[07:58] I have had Type II diabetes since I was 25. 我从25岁就得了二型糖尿病
[08:01] It’s been the same medicines pretty much the whole time. 几乎一直服用同种药物
[08:04] And when you were invited to participate in a clinical trial of SV-113, 当你受邀参加SV-113的临床实验时
[08:09] what did your daily regimen become? 你每天吃多少药?
[08:12] I took one pill in the morning when I woke up. 我清早起床吃一粒
[08:15] That’s all? 就这样?
[08:16] That was it. 没错
[08:17] I had more energy, I was even losing weight, 我觉得精力充沛 我甚至瘦了些
[08:20] and no more needles. 而且不用再打针了
[08:22] It was a godsend 那简直是神药
[08:25] until they took it away. 但后来他们不再让我实验了
[08:27] And how did that happen? 为什么会这样?
[08:28] My doctor told me that the company had kicked me off the test. 我的医生说制药公司把我从实验名单中剔除了
[08:32] He said that I had broken the rules of the trial, but I didn’t. 他说我违反了实验规则 但我没有
[08:36] I didn’t do anything wrong. 我没做任何违规的事
[08:37] And after you were taken off the test? 你停药后感觉怎么样呢?
[08:39] My health deteriorated again rapidly. 我的健康状况很快就恶化了
[08:42] Can you tell us your prognosis today? 你能告诉我们你现在病情怎样吗?
[08:47] I’m dying. 我快死了
[08:49] I’ve got probably five to six years, 我大概还能活五到六年
[08:51] unless something changes drastically. 除非有什么大的转机
[08:54] What reason did the company give for 公司以什么理由把你从SV-113的
[08:56] removing you from the SV-113 study? 实验名单中剔除?
[08:59] Noncompliance, but I complied. 违规 但我一直遵守规则
[09:02] You’re a heavy smoker, is that correct, Mrs. Hewitt? 你的烟瘾很大 对吗 Hewitt夫人?
[09:06] I quit. 我戒了
[09:06] When did you quit, if I may ask? 如果可以的话 我想问问什么时候戒的?
[09:09] A week before the study. 实验开始前一周
[09:10] Just like that, two packs a day. Cold turkey. 就那样吗 原本每天两包 突然就戒了
[09:13] My life depended on it. 那药攸关我的生死
[09:15] Some of the doctors and clinicians, 有些医生和临床医生
[09:18] uh, smelled cigarette smoke on you during your exams. 呃 进行实验的检测时 在你身上闻到烟味
[09:22] My husband’s a chain smoker. 我老公的烟瘾也很大
[09:23] It was his smoke they smelled on my clothes. 我身上是他的烟味
[09:25] Amazing. You smoked two packs a day, 奇了 你每天要抽两包
[09:27] you live with a chain smoker, 还跟一个烟瘾大的人一起生活
[09:28] and you’re able to just quit cold turkey. 你竟然能突然就戒烟
[09:31] – Objection. – Sustained. – 反对 – 反对有效
[09:33] Mrs. Hewitt, 177 million people in the world have diabetes. Hewitt夫人 这世上有17.7亿人患有糖尿病
[09:38] This drug study is the only way to get SV-113, 要让你说的神药SV-113被批准销售
[09:43] the drug you yourself called a godsend, approved for sale. 唯一途径是进行这个实验
[09:47] 177 million people are counting on you Hewitt夫人 有17.7亿人都指望着
[09:52] to follow the rules, Mrs. Hewitt. 你能遵守规则进行实验
[09:54] Which I did. 我遵守了
[09:55] With the stakes being so enormously high, 这里的风险是如此之高
[09:58] with some 70,000 people dying 每年有70000人
[10:02] every year from diabetes 因糖尿病死亡
[10:04] with a desperate need to develop a drug 他们非常急需
[10:06] that can save those lives, 研发出一种能救命的新药
[10:08] you realize how important it is 你应该明白排除所有风险
[10:10] for my client not to take any chances, don’t you? 对我的委托人来说有多重要 对吗?
[10:17] I followed all the rules. 我遵守了所有规则
[10:23] All in all, I don’t think she hurt us. 总之 我觉得她没影响到我们
[10:25] She hurt us. I saw the jury. 有影响 我看到陪审团的表情了
[10:27] How badly she hurt us, where’s our expert? 影响还很大啊 我们的专家呢?
[10:29] Should be waiting in the conference room. 应该在会议室等着呢
[10:30] I’ll meet you there. 我们在那儿见
[10:33] Sally, may I offer you one little piece of advice? Sally 我能给你个小建议吗?
[10:37] Okay. 好的
[10:39] You’re an extremely beautiful young woman. 你是个很美的年轻女人
[10:41] – Thanks for the tip. – That’s not the advice. – 谢谢你的提醒 – 这还不是建议
[10:43] The advice is, be aware of lecherous senior partners 我想说 小心那些老色狼合伙人
[10:46] who are looking for the slightest excuse 他们在寻找哪怕一丝丝的借口
[10:48] to plant a big wet one on you. 占你的便宜
[10:50] Excuse me? 什么?
[10:51] They lurk, and when beautiful women such 他们都潜伏着 等你这样的漂亮女人
[10:54] as yourself stand under the mistletoe. 站在槲寄生下
[10:58] – Merry christmas, Sally. – Let’s go meet our expert, Denny. – 圣诞快乐 Sally – 我们去见专家吧 Denny
[11:00] – I had a blood flow going. – No doubt. – 我血脉喷张了 – 我不怀疑
[11:10] Dr. Gerard. Gerard医生
[11:12] Yes. 是的
[11:18] Denny Crane. 我是Denny Crane
[11:19] Single. 单身
[11:21] Alan Shore. 这是Alan Shore
[11:23] Hello. 你好
[11:24] Very nice to meet you. 很高兴见到你
[11:28] – Well, should we get started? – We should. – 我们可以开始了吗? – 可以
[11:31] I’m afraid it’s gonna be a very long night. 恐怕我们要度过一个漫长的夜晚
[11:33] I’ll need to go over every inch of you with a fine-toothed comb. 我们要认真梳理一下你
[11:36] I beg your pardon, your testimony. 哦抱歉 是你的证词
[11:39] I’ll need to go over your testimony with the comb. 认真梳理你的证词
[11:44] Where are we going to do this? 我们在哪儿谈?
[11:45] Right here. 就在这儿
[12:11] It’s not my case, Rene. 这不是我的案子 Rene
[12:12] It’s Lori’s. 是Lori的
[12:14] I have no idea where she is. Hang on. 我不知道她在哪儿 等等
[12:16] Do you know where Lori is? 你知道Lori在哪儿吗?
[12:17] No, I gotta run. I got that dinner thing. 不 我要走了 有个饭局
[12:19] Okay, go. 好吧 你走吧
[12:20] – Need a ride anywhere? – No, thanks. My car’s in the garage. – 要我载你一程吗? – 不 谢谢 我的车就在车库里
[12:22] All right, so, what’s the big emergency? 好吧 到底有什么急事?
[12:26] Well, if you have him on the phone, then ask him. 如果他在线上 问他啊
[12:28] I don’t want anything I’m offering. 我什么也不想要 我是要给出
[12:30] Since we turned over that CD the last second, 鉴于我们最后一刻才把CD给你们
[12:32] we won’t oppose a continuance if you people want it. 如果你们想要延长举证期的话 我们不反对
[12:38] Say you need to page Lori, 你就说 必须问问Lori
[12:39] ask if she can call him later, and then get his cell phone number. 看看她能不能一会儿给他打电话 然后要到他的号码
[12:43] Yeah. That’ll be great. 好的 那样最好
[12:45] Uh, my number’s 617-555-0194. 呃 我的号码是617-555-0194
[12:49] Thanks. 谢谢
[12:52] Well, well, well. 哇 哇 哇
[12:56] Can I get a beer? 来杯啤酒?
[13:01] Oh! Oh! 哦! 哦!
[13:03] – Fantastic! – Oh, I’m terribly sorry. – 这下好了! – 哦 真是对不起
[13:05] It’s all right. 没关系
[13:06] – It’s okay. – I’m embarrassed. – 没关系 – 真是不好意思
[13:07] I’ll pay for the dry cleaning, I assure you. 我保证我会给你付干洗费
[13:10] It’s okay. Really. 没关系 真的
[13:15] So besides Ms. Hewitt, there were 56 other people removed from the study. 那么除了Hewitt小姐 还有另外56个人从实验中被剔除
[13:19] For a drug of this magnitude, we have to be extremely cautious. 对于这么重要的药 我们必须非常谨慎
[13:22] But what motivated your caution? 到底为什么这么谨慎?
[13:27] Please tell me it was more than a hunch. 别说只是凭感觉
[13:29] After all, these people do suffer from 这些人毕竟是身患
[13:30] a crippling, life-threatening disease, doctor. 危及生命的疾病 医生
[13:33] As do I. 我也一样
[13:37] I’m very sorry. 非常抱歉
[13:39] I understand the promise of a drug like this 我自己很了解
[13:41] on a very personal level, Mr. Shore. 这药有多重要 Shore先生
[13:44] But if it endangers people… 但如果它对人有害…
[13:46] How does it endanger people? 怎么有害?
[13:50] How are these 57 people endangered by SV-113? SV-113怎么危害了到这57个人?
[13:56] 57, that’s an exceptionally large number 57个 这也太多了
[13:58] of people to purge, isn’t it, doctor? 不是吗 医生?
[14:02] How are these people endangered? 这些人到底受到什么危害?
[14:06] They weren’t. 他们没有受到危害
[14:08] Marybeth Hewitt and the 56 others were on a different drug. Marybeth Hewitt和其他56个人参加的是另一种药的实验
[14:13] It was a slight variation from SV-113 那是SV-113的一种轻度变异
[14:16] that we had only begun to investigate. 我们还在研发阶段
[14:19] These people, they knew they were on this other drug. 这些人知道自己参加的是另一种实验
[14:21] No. 不知道
[14:22] So you gave an experimental, 也就是说 你给57个人吃了
[14:25] unproved drug to 57 people 还在试验的未经批准的药
[14:29] and told them they were taking something else? 还告诉他们吃的是其他药?
[14:31] But as soon as we became aware of the side effects… 但我们一发现副作用就…
[14:33] The headaches? 你指头疼?
[14:39] There was onset of acute liver damage at about six weeks. 约6周的时候会开始严重的肝损伤
[14:44] There was one prior subject who went first, and complications… 我们之前有一个实验者 还有其他并发症…
[14:49] Please don’t look at me as if… 别像这样看我…
[14:51] What could possibly have impelled you to delude these people? 你到底有什么好处 去欺骗这些人?
[14:55] You can’t understand. 你不会明白的
[14:57] It takes years to get a drug approved. 新药被批准要很多年
[15:01] And when you spend your life, 当你花了一生的时间
[15:03] I thought, the company thought… 我以为 公司以为…
[15:06] that we had the next polio vaccine or penicillin. 我们发现了下一个小儿麻痹疫苗或是青霉素
[15:09] Except your penicillin turned out to be a poison. 没想到你的青霉素其实是毒药
[15:12] But as soon as we discovered it, the company shut the study down. 但我们一发现副作用 就停止了实验
[15:16] That’s why Mrs. Hewitt was taken off the drug she thinks was SV-113, 这就是为什么Hewitt夫人会从她以为的SV-113实验中被剔除
[15:21] to prevent liver failure. 是为了避免肝功能衰竭
[15:33] So you’re a therapist. 所以你是个心理治疗师
[15:34] De facto therapist. 做治疗师的工作
[15:36] I’m really a flight attendant, but everybody tells me their problems. 我其实是空姐 但人人都向我倾诉他们的问题
[15:40] Well, do you solve them? 那你能解决吗?
[15:42] I do, actually. 可以
[15:44] Well, tell me mine. 那你说说我的问题吧
[15:45] I’m sorry? 什么?
[15:46] My problem. 我的问题
[15:47] What am I lamenting at this very moment? 我现在正为什么困扰?
[15:51] I’m embarrassed to say, actually. 我不好意思说
[15:53] I insist. Tell me. 我要听 你说说看
[15:54] You’re wishing your girlfriend looked like me. 你希望你的女朋友能长得像我一样
[16:00] Keep going. 继续
[16:02] You hate your job. 你讨厌你的工作
[16:04] Which is? 是什么?
[16:05] I want to say accountant, 我想说会计来着
[16:07] but I’m going to say lawyer. 但我还是觉得是律师
[16:11] Am I that obvious? 这么明显吗?
[16:13] I meet lawyers all the time. They fly a lot. 我常见到律师 他们经常坐飞机
[16:15] They’re constantly in distress over all the horrible things 他们总是很困扰 因为他们要为
[16:19] they have to do for their horrible clients. 可怕的当事人们做恐怖的事情
[16:22] What are you working on right now? 你现在在做什么案子?
[16:24] A horrible case for a horrible client. 一个可怕的当事人的一个可怕的案子
[16:27] It’s age discrimination. 有关年龄歧视
[16:29] Mm. Plaintiff or defense? 嗯 原告还是被告?
[16:31] Defense. 被告
[16:32] Ooh, bad boy. 哦 坏男孩
[16:33] Mm-hmm. Indeed. 嗯 没错
[16:39] – Whistle-blower? – Yes. – 揭发? – 是的
[16:41] Now, there are all sorts of protections 现在 如果你决定揭发
[16:43] avail yourself of should you decide to… 有很多保护政策…
[16:44] Hold on a second. 等一下
[16:45] You’re advising a witness to turn state’s evidence against your own client? 你建议一个证人告发同犯 提供对你的当事人不利的证据?
[16:49] I am. 没错
[16:50] Look, I was the one who pushed the study. 听着 我是组织这个实验的人
[16:53] I was the one who put those people on that drug. 也是让那些人服用另一种药的人
[16:55] And I suspect you were motivated by the drug’s promise, 但我认为你是出于该药的药效
[16:57] while your employer was motivated by greed. 而你的老板是出于贪婪
[17:00] Can’t you get disbarred for advising me to… 但你不会因此吊销执照吗…
[17:03] Undoubtedly. 毫无疑问
[17:04] And should you lose your license, 而且你也会被吊销执照
[17:05] we could run off to Bali together and become bartenders. 我们就可以一起去巴厘岛做服务生了
[17:10] My life is here… 我的生活属于这里…
[17:13] in medicine. 属于医药事业
[17:14] Yes. 是的
[17:17] And you are in a unique position to remind your employer. 你也是唯一一个人 有机会提醒你的老板
[17:20] They, too, are in the business of medicine, not simply profit. 他们也是医药行业的一员 不只是为了盈利
[17:26] You need to blow the whistle, 你应该去揭发他
[17:27] and what’s more, you want to. 而且 你也想要这么做
[17:43] # It’s a holly, jolly Christmas. # # 愉快的圣诞又来到 #
[17:46] # Best time of the year. # # 每年此时最好 #
[17:49] # I don’t know if there’ll be snow but have a cup of cheer. # # 会否下雪我不知道 请别吝啬欢笑 #
[17:55] # It’s a holly, jolly Christmas. # # 愉快的圣诞又来到 #
[17:59] # And when you walk down the street # # 当你走上街道 #
[18:02] # say hello to friends you know and everyone you meet. # # 与好友打招呼 对每个人微笑 #
[18:07] Hey. 嗨
[18:09] Denny? Denny啊?
[18:10] Set to go? 可以走了吗?
[18:11] What are you doing? 你在干什么?
[18:12] Oh, some office Christmas party next week, I do a number. 哦 下周有个圣诞员工派对 我要表演节目
[18:16] It’s good for morale, helps get me laid. 可以涨涨士气 还有助于我泡妞
[18:18] Are we off to court? 现在去法院吗?
[18:19] Actually, I have a feeling court won’t be going forward today. 事实上 我预感今天不用去法院了
[18:23] What do you mean? 什么意思?
[18:25] Did something happen? 发生了什么事?
[18:26] Was I in the room when it happened? 我当时在不在场?
[18:28] It seems our client is guilty of a little noncompliance as well. 似乎我们的当事人也有点小小的不合规
[18:32] The actual test that… 真正的实验…
[18:37] – We represent big drug company. – I’m with you. – 我们的当事人是制药公司 – 我在听
[18:40] Big drug company tell patients they take one pill while slipping them another. 制药公司给患者服用一种药 却告诉他们吃的是另一种
[18:45] You know this how? 你怎么知道?
[18:46] Evidently, our expert witness comes armed 很明显 我们的专家证人知道所有细节
[18:48] not only with details, but a conscience. She told me. 而且挺有良心 她告诉我的
[18:51] – I believe she plans to tell the FDA. – Whoa. – 我想她准备告诉食品及药物管理局 – 哇
[18:56] Whistle-blower. 揭发啊
[19:05] Did you tell her to whistle-blow? 是你让她去揭发的?
[19:08] I might have mentioned it. 我可能提到了一下
[19:11] Do you know how much this client is worth to this firm… 你知道这个当事人对事务所来说值多少钱吗…
[19:15] and to me, personally? 还有 对我个人来说?
[19:16] Nuts. 是我傻了
[19:17] I knew there was something I forgot to consider. 我就说好像忘了考虑什么东西
[19:19] Where is this woman? 她人在哪儿?
[19:20] Hopefully, with the U.S. Attorney by now. 应该跟检察官在一起吧
[19:23] Oh, I’m sorry. Mr. Shore, there’s a Dr. Gerard waiting in reception. 哦 不好意思 Shore先生 有位Gerard医生在会客室等您
[19:27] Send her in. 让她进来吧
[19:28] That’s all right. I’ll go and greet her… 没关系 我去跟她打个招呼…
[19:29] Send the woman in here. 让她过来
[19:36] Here’s good. 这儿也行
[19:46] Oh, Tara, 哦 Tara
[19:47] we have a pre-trial conference set on Mcnamara at 2:00. 我们两点在Mcnamara有点审前会议
[19:49] How are you and Sally doing… 你和Sally合作得怎么样…
[19:51] Remember the document that said that Mcnamara 记不记得有个文件里说Mcnamara
[19:52] was incorporated in “19-efficiency-3,” 是在”19-efficiency-3″成立的
[19:55] we thought it was a typo? 我们以为那是个打印错误?
[19:56] – Yeah. – Well, code broken. – 记得 – 暗号破解了
[19:58] They had a plan called the 40 factor, 他们有个计划叫”40分子”
[20:00] which was designed to phase out workers who were 40 and older. 内容是把40岁及以上的员工逐渐解雇
[20:04] And replace them with younger employees 用更年轻的员工取而代之
[20:06] who would cost the company less. 这样公司可以花费更少
[20:07] Right. 没错
[20:08] They actually described the plan in memoranda 他们在章程里写明了这一项
[20:11] which were archived on the company’s hard drives. 并归档到公司的硬盘处理器里
[20:14] Gotta love the hubris. 他们会为狂妄自大后悔的
[20:15] But they then got nervous and did a search and replace 但他们后来也有点担心 所以将”40″
[20:18] to substitute the word “efficiency” for “40”. 全部替换为了”efficiency”
[20:20] And “1943” became “19-efficiency-3.” 那”1943″就变成”19-efficiency-3″(英文中 此处的4念做40)
[20:23] Exactly. 对
[20:24] How did you find this out? 你怎么查出来的?
[20:26] I had drinks with opposing counsel last night. 我昨晚和对方律师喝了点酒
[20:28] – Quite a talker. – Wait a second. – 他真能说 – 等等
[20:29] He admitted this to you? 他跟你承认了这些?
[20:31] Well, actually, he admitted it to a flight attendant. 事实上 他是跟一个空姐说的
[20:33] He didn’t know that I was an attorney for the other side. 他并不知道我是对方律师
[20:37] We’re not smiling. 我们没笑
[20:39] Why are we not smiling? 我们难道不该笑?
[20:41] Tara, we can’t use this information. Tara 我们不能用这个信息
[20:43] I beg your pardon? 什么?
[20:44] You tricked another attorney into violating privilege. 你欺骗了一个律师向你透露保密信息
[20:46] You can’t do that. 你不能这么做
[20:47] Last week, you impersonated a doctor. 上周 你还假装一个医生呢
[20:49] First, that was different. 首先 那不一样
[20:51] Second, the stakes were life and death. 其次 那是人命关天的事
[20:53] – Lori… – And third, I was wrong. – Lori啊… – 还有 我做错了
[20:56] In retrospect, I would never do it again. 若是重来一次 我不会那么做
[20:58] Well, we have the information, Lori. 我们得到了这个信息 Lori
[21:01] So, if it’s a matter of ethics, 所以 如果真要论职业道德
[21:03] we absolutely have to tell the client that we have it. 我们必须告诉当事人有这个信息
[21:13] – I just don’t think I can do it. – Because? – 我觉得我不能这么做 – 原因?
[21:15] Alan, these people have been very good to me for 10 years. Alan 十年来这些人一直对我很好
[21:19] Now, by people, you mean these corporate people “这些人” 你是指公司里
[21:22] who jeopardize public health 极大程度地危害了
[21:23] and safety on a massive scale in order to line their pockets? 公共健康与安全以牟取暴利的人?
[21:26] They were convinced we had a possible cure based on my representations. 他们是根据我的研究成果才相信那药有疗效的
[21:30] I would as soon blow the whistle on myself rather than… 我宁愿揭发我自己…
[21:33] Do that then. 那就揭发吧
[21:34] And what good would come of it, really? 这到底有什么作用呢?
[21:37] May I express a thought? 我能插一句吗?
[21:38] I so rarely get one. 你们一直没让我说话
[21:40] And I should preface this by admitting that 我首先要承认
[21:41] I’m so far up the ass of big business, I view the world as one giant colon. 我一直替大公司做事 这个世界的肮脏事我见得多了
[21:46] You’re right to prioritize loyalty, doctor. 你把忠诚放在第一位是对的 医生
[21:49] – Loyalties count for something. – Denny, please. – 忠诚的确很重要 – Denny 拜托
[21:51] I’m speaking, Alan. 别打断我 Alan
[21:52] Doctors like science, right? They do the math. 医生喜欢用科学的方法解决问题 对吧? 你们喜欢计算
[21:55] Well, do the math on whistle-blowing. 那么 算算揭发有什么好处
[21:57] Nice concept, in theory. 理论上 这是个好想法
[21:59] Appeals to the altruistic inner self and all that, 满足了自己的无私利他的良心之类的
[22:03] but whistle-blowers end up penniless and ostracized. 但揭发者往往最终身无分文 被人排斥
[22:08] This thing’ll take years to get to court 这事情真正得到解决要许多年
[22:11] – while your life will be ruined tomorrow. – Denny, I can… – 但你的生活却立马会被毁掉 – Denny 我可以…
[22:13] If Alan Shore suggests that you won’t get hurt far worse than your company, 如果Alan Shore说你的下场至少不会有你的公司惨
[22:18] he’s lying. 那他就在撒谎
[22:21] What’s going on? 怎么回事?
[22:29] Our client is violating at least a half a dozen criminal laws 我们的当事人至少违反了六条刑法
[22:32] by secretly testing an unapproved drug, 他们把不知情的人当成小白鼠
[22:34] which causes liver failure, by the way, 秘密实验未经批准的药
[22:36] on unwitting human guinea pigs. 顺便说一句 这药还会造成肝功能衰竭
[22:38] Dr. Gerard is considering whether to go public. Gerard医生在考虑要不要把这件事情公诸于众
[22:41] I’m for it, Denny’s against. 我支持 Denny反对
[22:43] Do you have a vote? 你偏向哪边?
[22:44] You seem like a man with a scintilla of morality. 你看起来像是还有一点道德感的人
[22:48] Alan, my vote’s the only one that counts. Alan 我怎么选才是最关键的
[22:51] And I’m not going public. 我选择不揭发
[22:53] You say that as if you have a choice, doctor. 看来你已经下定决心了 医生
[22:55] You see, the only way our client wins here is with your testimony. 我们的当事人只有依靠你的证词才能胜诉
[23:00] So, the clerk will swear you in you’ll take an oath to god. 所以你上庭时必须对上帝宣誓
[23:03] But as a scientist, 但作为一个科学家
[23:05] you are bound to an even higher standard. 你还有更高的要求
[23:08] To believe in god, all you need is faith. 相信上帝 你只需要信念
[23:09] To believe in science, you need to see the truth. 而相信科学 你需要事实真相
[23:12] You need to speak the truth, am I right? 你必须说出真相 我说的对吗?
[23:16] If asked certain questions under oath, 如果宣誓后 你被问到一些问题
[23:18] you will answer truthfully because that’s who you are. 你要如实回答 因为这是你做人的底线
[23:21] You don’t know me, 你不了解我
[23:23] and you would never ask me questions that would torpedo your own case. 你也不会问我不利于你的案子的问题
[23:26] Ah, it seems it’s you that doesn’t know me. 啊 看来是你不了解我了
[23:41] Isn’t it exciting? 这真是令人兴奋 不是吗?
[23:50] It’s absolutely unethical, Tara, for god’s sakes. 看在上帝份上 这绝对不符合职业道德 Tara
[23:52] Please don’t lecture me. 别对我说教
[23:53] Hey, there’s nothing wrong with a lecture when it’s called for. 嘿 该讲道理是时候就要讲道理
[23:56] Attorneys at Crane, Poole & Schmidt do not go undercover as stewardesses Crane Poole & Schmidt事务所的律师不会假扮一个空姐
[23:58] to circumvent privilege. 来获取保密信息
[24:00] It is fraud, it is wrong, it is dishonest, 这是欺诈 是不对的 不诚信的
[24:02] it holds every member of this firm up to disrepute. 这是给事务所每一个员工抹黑
[24:04] – Breathe. – And what’s more, – 喘口气先 – 而且
[24:05] it hurts other clients at this firm, mine, Paul’s, Lori’s. 这也会伤害到事务所的其他客户 我的 Paul的 Lori的
[24:08] – How? – Breathe. – 为什么? – 喘口气
[24:09] Our reputation for fair dealing is at play at every settlement conference, 在每次调解会议 动议申请和庭审中
[24:12] every motion, every trial. 我们以公平办案著称
[24:14] If that reputation is compromised, the stain runs to all cases, not just… 如果名誉遭到损害 往后每一桩案子都会抹上污点 不仅仅是…
[24:17] – Breathe. – Will you stop telling me to breathe? – 喘口气 – 你能不能别再提醒我喘气了?
[24:19] I know how and when to breathe! 我知道什么时间 怎么喘
[24:23] This is about Alan Shore. 这和Alan Shore有关
[24:26] This is about some not-so-latent hostility. 这是显而易见的敌意
[24:28] – You’re out of line. – You’re out of line. – 你过了 – 你才过了
[24:30] You fancy the pants off Alan Shore, 你想和他上床
[24:32] so as long as we’re preaching honesty, 既然我们在讲诚实
[24:34] let’s be truthful about that. 不如来说说实话
[24:39] You know something, Tara? 你知道吗 Tara?
[24:41] This does involve Alan. 是和Alan有点关系
[24:43] What happened in that bar last night? 昨晚在酒吧发生了什么?
[24:46] You heard opposing counsel on his cell phone, 你听见对方律师打电话
[24:47] you sensed an incredible opportunity, 你发现这是个绝佳机会
[24:49] and you asked yourself, “what would Alan Shore do?” 你就问自己 “如果是Alan Shore 他会怎么做?”
[24:51] And you likely did what he would have done. 然后你做了他有可能做的事
[24:53] Oh, and you’ve never done that, say, last week? 哦 你难道从来没干过那种事 上周呢?
[24:55] No, I did. 不 我是做过
[24:56] And as I said, I was wrong. 但我说了 我做错了
[25:02] That’s all. You can go. 好了 你走吧
[25:09] What are you gonna do? 你要怎么做?
[25:11] Haven’t decided. 还没决定
[25:12] – Well, you can’t not use… – I haven’t decided, Tara. – 你难道不用… – 我还没决定 Tara
[25:17] You’re dismissed. 你可以走了
[25:32] Well, I’m sorry I lost my cool, 不好意思 我刚才不太冷静
[25:34] but you handled that perfectly. 但你处理得很好
[25:38] Thank you. 谢谢
[25:42] Did that have anything to do with Alan? 这真的和Alan有关系吗?
[25:46] How does he do it? 有什么关系?
[25:48] No matter what I do, no matter what anyone else says, 无论我做什么 无论其他人怎么说
[25:50] it’s always about Alan. 总是绕着Alan转
[25:54] It’s just a question. 我只是问问
[25:57] I should be the example for the young associates around here, not him. 我才应当是新晋同事的榜样 不是他
[26:01] Well, Tara is Alan’s girlfriend. 哎 Tara是Alan的女朋友
[26:03] Why is that? 那又是为什么?
[26:06] I mean, why is she interested in him? 为什么她会对他感兴趣?
[26:08] I ask you. 我问你
[26:11] Do you fancy Tara, Brad? 你喜欢Tara吗 Brad?
[26:13] No, I’m just speaking in general terms, all the women here. 不 我对事不对人 这里所有的女性
[26:16] Yeah, you keep saying all the women, 是啊 你一直说 所有的女性
[26:20] but who specifically, Brad? 你到底想问谁啊 Brad?
[26:22] You’re missing the point. 那不是重点啊
[26:23] Okay. 好吧
[26:27] And the point is? 重点是?
[26:28] I defuse a human bomb. 我搞定了一个人肉炸弹
[26:31] Does anyone say, “Oh, are you okay, Brad?” 有人问吗 “哦 你还好吧 Brad?”
[26:34] “Nice job saving lives, Brad.” “救了大家 你真棒 Brad”
[26:35] No, it’s “Tara circumvented privilege because she’s sleeping with Alan.” 没有 只有”Tara骗来了保密信息 因为她和Alan搞在一起”
[26:44] I’m the only one talking about Tara and privilege. 这件事只有我在说
[26:49] Is this about me? 这是不是和我有关?
[26:53] We’re buddies, Brad. 我们是好哥们 Brad
[26:55] Talk to me. 告诉我吧
[26:58] Okay. 好吧
[27:04] I’d like to be more than buddies. 我想比哥们更进一步
[27:09] I don’t bring it up because… 我一直没提 是因为…
[27:11] I sense it’s something that you’re not interested in pursuing. 我觉得你好像对这种事不太感兴趣
[27:17] Okay. 好吧
[27:20] Is it something you’d like to pursue? 你愿意吗?
[27:25] Um, 呃
[27:27] no. 不愿意
[27:30] Right. 好
[27:41] Anyway, 无论如何
[27:43] you handled the meeting well. 这件事你处理得很好
[27:54] You surprised me, Denny. I thought you’d be with me on this. 你让我惊讶了 Denny 我以为你会站在我这边的
[27:57] There’s a deeper principle involved here, Alan. 这里还有更深层的原则 Alan
[27:59] Which is? 是什么?
[28:01] Fishing. 钓鱼
[28:03] There’s a fishing lodge in British Columbia. It’s called Nemo Bay. 不列颠哥伦比亚有个钓鱼港 叫Nemo湾
[28:07] Best fishing lodge in the world. 世界上最好的钓鱼港
[28:09] In the great bear rain forest. 在大熊雨林里
[28:12] How does this lodge affect… 这和案子有什么…
[28:14] Want to buy it. 我想买下它
[28:16] Costs lots of money. 要很多钱
[28:18] If I lose this client, I might not be able to buy it. 如果我丢了这个客户 就没法买了
[28:21] – You have plenty of money. – Yes, to buy other things. – 你有不少钱了 – 是 要买其他东西
[28:24] This case, this client is earmarked for this fishing lodge. 这个案子赚的钱是专门用来买它的
[28:29] Well, if I can’t convince you, 如果我没法说服你
[28:32] I guess I can’t convince you. 我想我不行
[28:33] Alan, I’ll ask Dr. Gerard the questions this afternoon. Alan 今天下午 我来问Gerard医生问题
[28:38] I’ve prepared the direct. 我已经准备了提问
[28:40] I’ll ask her the questions. 我来问
[28:41] I’m questioning the doctor. 我要问她
[28:42] – No, you aren’t. – Yes, I am. – 不 不行 – 我要问
[28:43] – No, you aren’t. – Yes, I am. – 你不能问 – 我要
[28:44] – No. – Yes. – 不行 – 我要
[28:45] – No. – Yes. – 不行 – 我要
[28:46] This time, I will cast a vote. 这回 我来投票
[28:49] Let me make this simple for you, Mr. Shore. 让我把这件事变简单点 Shore先生
[28:52] Please, call me Alan. I feel we’ve grown close. 拜托 叫我Alan吧 我以为我们关系变好了
[28:56] You will be present in court at the table 你也要上庭
[28:59] because your sudden absence would send 因为你要是突然消失
[29:01] a strange message to the jury that might compromise our case, 会让陪审团觉得这件案子有异样
[29:06] but Denny will ask the questions. 但由Denny来问问题
[29:09] If you attempt to ask the witness anything at all, 如果你试图问证人任何问题
[29:12] you will be fired. 你就被解雇了
[29:17] There’s a legal term for this. 这好像有个法律术语
[29:19] Ah, yes. Ooh. 啊 是啊 哦
[29:23] This is not puffery on my part, Mr. Shore. 我没吹牛 Shore先生
[29:26] I have spoken with other senior partners. 我和其他高级合伙人谈过了
[29:28] We are in agreement. The votes are in. 这是大家达成一致的投票结果
[29:30] If you attempt to undermine our case in any way, 如果你以任何方式破坏我们的案子
[29:34] your employment will be terminated. 我们就终止合同
[29:37] In that event, I will go to cable. 如果那样 我会闹到电视上的
[29:48] Denny, you and I should go open our own firm. Denny 我们应该自己开家事务所
[29:50] I’ll ask the questions, Alan. 我来问问题 Alan
[29:57] I’ll leave you with this one last thought, then. 那我最后给你留句忠告
[30:01] Denny Crane. 你是Denny Crane
[30:31] Hey. 嗨
[30:33] Hi. 嗨
[30:36] The lawyer from Mcnamara, Mcnamara的那个律师
[30:38] the guy Tara duped, he’ll be in here at 2:00. Tara骗了的那个 他两点过来
[30:41] I’ve summoned Tara as well. 我把Tara也叫来了
[30:43] I’ll try to iron things out a little. 我想平息这件事
[30:46] That’s good. 好的
[30:50] If you could make it, then… 如果你能来…
[30:51] Fine. 2:00 P.M. 好的 下午两点
[30:56] Would you mind looking at me for a second? 你能不能看我一下?
[31:02] You and I have a big murder trial scheduled for next week. 咱们下周还有一个大的谋杀案要开庭
[31:07] Are we gonna be okay? 我们之间没问题吧?
[31:10] We’re fine. 我们很好啊
[31:13] Do you plan to speak to me in marine talk forever? 你是不是打算一直用这种军队口气跟我说话?
[31:16] No, sir. 不 长官
[31:18] Sir. 长官
[31:21] You’re a great guy. You’re a smart guy, an attractive guy. 你很好 很聪明 很有魅力
[31:24] – Any girl… – Meeting’s at 2:00. – 任何一个女孩子… – 两点开会
[31:27] Right. 对
[31:31] 2:00. 两点
[31:46] Do you even know what to ask? 你到底知不知道要问什么?
[31:48] Did she examine the plaintiff? 她有没有检查过原告?
[31:50] Did she feel the plaintiff complied with the study protocol? 她认为原告有没有遵守实验规则?
[31:53] She’ll answer yes or no. 她会回答是或不是
[31:54] We’ll get into a bunch of rhetoric about the need for safeguards, 我们再用一大堆花里胡哨的词来说安全保障不可缺少
[31:57] and then we’ll go have a cheesesteak. 然后我们就可以去吃芝士牛排
[31:58] – And you can live with yourself? – Denny Crane. – 你良心能接受? – 我是Denny Crane
[32:04] Arms out, please. 请抬起双手
[32:14] Oh, this isn’t mine. 哦 这不是我的
[32:16] Why would I be carrying around an ice pick? 我拿个冰锥干什么?
[32:18] Please empty out all your pockets, sir. 请你把口袋掏干净 先生
[32:21] Alan! 喂 Alan!
[32:23] You’ll need to open your briefcase, sir. 请打开你的公事包 先生
[32:25] Do you know who I am? 你知道我是谁吗?
[32:26] You’ll need to open your case. 你必须打开公事包
[32:39] – Alan! – Can you step this way, sir? – 喂 Alan! – 你能站过来吗 先生?
[32:41] What, are you gonna check my shoes for bombs? 怎么 你还要看我的鞋里有没有炸弹吗?
[32:43] Sir, it’s a federal offense to joke about 先生 在安检点开玩笑说携带爆炸性危险品
[32:44] possessing explosives at a security checkpoint. 是违反联邦法律的犯罪
[32:46] I’ve gotta get upstairs. 我要上楼
[32:48] Take off your shoes, sir. 脱下鞋子 先生
[32:55] Where’s Denny? Denny呢?
[32:57] He got held up. Not to worry. 他被拦在那儿了 别担心
[32:59] Mr. Shore, are we ready to proceed? Shore先生 我们可以开始了吗?
[33:02] We are, Your Honor. 可以了 法官大人
[33:03] The defense calls Dr. Amanda Gerard. 辩方传唤Amanda Gerard医生出庭
[33:08] We’re at the part where you swear under oath. 我们现在开始宣誓
[33:15] Okay, let’s evacuate in an orderly fashion, please. 好 请大家有序撤离
[33:28] It is against the law to pull fire alarms, sir. 拉火警警报是犯法的 先生
[33:30] My hand slipped. 我手滑了
[33:32] Tell Judge Wallace in Division Three, I need to see him in his chambers now. 告诉第三庭的Wallace法官 我现在要单独见他
[33:36] What kind of nonsense is this? 你们在乱搞什么?
[33:38] You put an ice pick in his pocket, 你在他口袋里放了一把冰锥
[33:40] and a picture of Saddam Hussein? 还有一张萨达姆的照片?
[33:42] You pull a fire alarm? 你拉了火警警报?
[33:44] We’re at odds as to how to proceed with a witness. 我们在谁提问证人的问题上有分歧
[33:46] Yes, I heard that. 是啊 我听说了
[33:48] You’re supposed to be adults, for god’s sake. 看在上帝份上 你们该有个大人样
[33:50] You’re lawyers. And on the same side at that! 你们是律师 还是同一方的
[33:53] Your Honor, there are unusual circumstances in play. 法官大人 这的确是不寻常的状况
[33:55] I’m interested in truth and justice, my colleague favors a fishing lodge. 我想追寻真相与公正 而我同事却只想要钓鱼港
[33:59] Look, I don’t give a damn what your differences are. 听着 我才不管你们有什么问题
[34:02] First off, your firm is fined $50,000. 首先 你们事务所罚款50,000美元
[34:05] – What? – Second, whatever either of you do in that courtroom, – 什么? – 第二 不管你俩想在法庭上做什么
[34:08] you both get held responsible. 你们两个要一起负责
[34:09] You understand me? 明白了吗?
[34:11] Third, Mr. Crane, since you’re the named partner, and it is your client, 第三 Crane先生 鉴于你是命名合伙人 这又是你的客户
[34:15] I’ll let you have the floor. 我让你问问题
[34:17] Your honor, I have prepared… 法官大人 我准备了…
[34:18] You will keep your mouth shut, Mr. Shore. 你不能发言 Shore先生
[34:22] Now, let’s get back inside. 现在 我们进去
[34:39] Please have a seat, Tara. 请坐 Tara
[34:42] Tara? 你叫Tara?
[34:47] All right, what’s, what’s going on? 好吧 发生了 发生了什么事情?
[34:49] We have a situation, Mr. Barr. 有点小问题 Barr先生
[34:52] Tara is an attorney who works for this firm. Tara是这间事务所的律师
[34:54] Thinking she worked for the airlines, 因为你以为她是个空姐
[34:55] you gave her information about an efficiency 就告诉了她有关你的当事人
[34:57] factor employed by your client. “efficiency”的信息
[34:59] This would be considered privileged information. 而这是保密信息
[35:01] I never revealed who my client was. 我从没说过我的当事人是谁
[35:03] We already knew who the client was. 我们已经知道是谁了
[35:07] Oh, my god, oh, my god. 哦 老天 老天
[35:09] Both you and Ms. Wilson, that’s her real last name, Wilson. 你和Wilson小姐 她的真姓 Wilson
[35:13] Both you and she have committed serious violations. 你们俩都严重违反职业道德
[35:15] You would likely lose your job and get a suspension. 你很可能丢掉工作 被吊销律师资格证
[35:18] You would get worse. 你可能更惨
[35:19] It would be in the best interest of all if this situation didn’t become public. 所以这件事不被公布出去 对大家都好
[35:24] My problem, as Tara correctly points out, 我的问题是 正如Tara说的
[35:27] is having the information. 我已经得到了这条信息
[35:29] I have an obligation to at least tell my clients, 我有义务把它告诉我的当事人
[35:31] who undoubtedly would elect to use it. 而他也必然会用到这条信息
[35:33] But I also have an obligation to safeguard privilege, 但我也有监督履行保密原则的义务
[35:36] even when it’s on the other side. So, as I said, we’ve got a situation. 即使是对方的保密原则 所以 就像我说的 现在有点麻烦了
[35:41] Where we last left off in settlement discussions, 我们上次的调解会议最后
[35:43] our number was 3.2 million, yours was 2.1. 我们的数字是三百二十万 而你们的是两百一十万
[35:47] The deal probably makes somewhere in the middle. 我们最好就在中间选一个数字
[35:49] My proposal to you, Mr. Barr, is we settle it at 3. 我的建议是 Barr先生 我们就三百万吧
[35:52] I don’t think I could ever sell it. 我想我不能说服其他人
[35:53] You sell it by telling your client and colleagues 你就告诉你的当事人和同事
[35:56] that the opposing side knows about the efficiency factor. 对方律师知道了efficiency原则的事情
[35:59] We’ve broken the code. How we found out, we won’t reveal. 我们已经违反了原则 所以不会透露怎么知道的
[36:02] That protects you and protects Tara. 这样就能保护你和Tara
[36:04] And you profit from her deception. 但你还是从她的欺诈中得到了利益
[36:06] We profit somewhat from her deception, 我们的确是得益了
[36:08] combined with your stupidity. 但也要归功于你的愚蠢
[36:10] But if we really wanted to exploit this, we’d go to trial and tell a jury, 但我们要是真想拿这个说事 就会去开庭 告诉陪审团
[36:13] which, technically, I should advise my clients to do. 原则上 我应该建议我的当事人这么做
[36:17] Yes, our side profits some. 是的 我们这边是得了些好处
[36:18] Your side gets off with a pretty mild number, given the smoking gun. 但在我们已经掌握了确凿证据的情况下 你们还拿到了一个可接受的数字
[36:22] And you two get off with your careers. 而你们俩还能继续工作
[36:26] Now, if you have a better proposal, 现在 如果你有更好的建议
[36:30] I’m listening. 说来听听
[36:41] It wasn’t just my determination, 这不只是我的决定
[36:43] but the consensus of all the treating doctors. 也是所有医生同意的结果
[36:46] Mrs. Hewitt was smoking. Hewitt夫人当时没戒烟
[36:48] And others were excluded, too, right? 还有其他被剔除的56个人 对吗?
[36:49] Yes, 56 others. 对 还有56个
[36:52] It is common to weed out subjects as you go along 为了保证实验结果的准确性
[36:55] in order to protect the integrity of the study. 剔除一些实验对象是很正常的
[36:57] And this was all about the integrity of the study? 这仅仅是为了实验结果的准确性?
[37:00] Yes. 对
[37:01] I believe you. You strike me as an honest woman. 我相信你 你看起来是个诚实的人
[37:06] Do you believe in god, doctor? 你相信上帝吗 医生?
[37:09] I do. 相信
[37:11] “God is my witness” is what is says in the oath. 宣誓中说 “上帝是我的见证者”
[37:13] I like to think god watches over me, too. 我相信 上帝也一直在上面看着我
[37:17] Except, of course, in the privacy of my bedroom committing lewd acts. 当然 除了我在卧室里行房事的时候
[37:20] Mr. Crane! Crane先生!
[37:22] Uh, you’re a scientist, right, doctor? 呃 你是个科学家 对吗 医生?
[37:24] You believe in facts, the truth? 你相信事实 相信真相吗?
[37:27] – Yes. – Good, – 是的 – 好
[37:28] will you tell the court 你能不能告诉我们
[37:29] exactly why Marybeth Hewitt was removed from the trial of SV-113? Marybeth Hewitt到底为什么从SV-113的实验中被剔除?
[37:39] I just did. 我刚说过了
[37:40] You said smoking. 你说因为抽烟
[37:42] The plaintiff obviously believes that to be a pretext. 显然 原告主张那是个借口
[37:44] I’m asking you to declare it one more time 我要你在上帝 法官
[37:46] before god, the judge, Mr. Shore, me… Shore先生和我面前 再说一次…
[37:51] the truth. 真相
[37:54] Why was she taken off the study? 她到底为什么被剔除?
[38:04] She was taken off… 因为…
[38:09] a different study. 另一项实验
[38:16] Excuse me? 什么?
[38:19] Mrs. Hewitt unknowingly was part of a secret test Hewitt女士参加了一项有关一个未经批准的药物的
[38:24] involving a drug unapproved for study. 秘密实验 而她自己并不知情
[38:27] When it was discovered that this drug caused liver failure, 当我们发现这种药物会造成肝功能衰竭时
[38:30] she and the 56 others on it 她和其他56个人
[38:34] were taken off. 被剔除了
[38:37] Uh, Your Honor, this is obviously an unexpected development. 啊 法官大人 这真是个意想不到的进展
[38:41] I need some time to confer with my client. 我需要时间和我的当事人协商
[38:56] I thought she’d stick to the story. 我以为她会继续说假话
[38:57] I threw her the biggest softball I could, right down the middle of the plate. 我往她怀里扔了一个最好接的球
[39:00] All she had to do was reemphasize it was smoking. 她只要再度强调是因为吸烟就行了
[39:05] What happens now? 现在怎么办?
[39:06] What happens now? 现在怎么办?
[39:07] The peat moss hits the fan, you lying bastard. We’re dead. 现在真出麻烦了 撒谎的混蛋 我们死定了
[39:14] Did you elicit that testimony intentionally? 你是不是故意引出这段证词?
[39:17] What? Of course not. 什么? 当然不是
[39:19] You know me, Paul. 你知道我的 Paul
[39:21] I’m not what I once was. 我已经不是曾经的我了
[39:36] Doctor. 医生
[39:39] Please don’t say you’re proud of me. 请别说你以我为傲
[39:40] They’re gonna bring criminal charges against you. 他们会以刑事犯罪起诉你
[39:42] How about if I say I’ll defend you? 我给你当辩护律师 如何?
[39:44] Really, and what’s my defense? 真的 我以什么辩护?
[39:46] You were misguided by the best and the worst of intentions. 你只是因为最好也是最坏的动机而误入歧途
[39:52] This will all be over within a year. 一年之内就能解决
[39:55] A year is too long. My liver is failing. 一年太长了 我的肝脏已经衰竭了
[40:00] I was the first subject. 我是第一个实验者
[40:02] I began the trial ahead of the others. 我比其他人更早开始实验
[40:04] That’s how we discovered the side effects. 副作用是在我身上发现的
[40:08] A year’s too long for me. 一年对我来说太长了
[40:09] But thanks for the offer. 但谢谢你愿意帮忙
[40:35] # It’s a holly, jolly Christmas. # # 愉快欢乐的圣诞又来到 #
[40:39] # It’s the best, # # 每年此时 #
[40:41] # It’s the best… # # 每年此时… #
[40:42] It’s the, oh, screw it. 每年此时 哦 去他的
[40:46] Hmm. 嗯
[40:48] # It’s a holly… # # 愉快… #
[40:51] Nice performance today, Denny. 今天表演得不错 Denny
[40:53] I don’t know what you’re talking about. 我不知道你说什么
[40:55] You could have ever so slightly tipped me off. 你应该稍微给我点提示
[40:59] It would have saved a lot of aggravation. 我就省好多事了
[41:01] Oh, please. 哦 拜托
[41:02] If I had included you with so much as a wink, you’d be canned. 如果我给你使眼色 你就该被解雇了
[41:08] We lost the client. 我们丢了个客户
[41:10] Well, 唉
[41:13] there are lesser fishing lodges. 钓鱼港越来越少了
[41:18] No repercussions from Lewiston? Lewiston那边没说什么吧?
[41:22] I’m Denny Crane. 我是Denny Crane
[41:26] As far as he knows, 他只知道
[41:27] I played it straight. 我没耍花样
[41:32] You know, they can never tell whether I know what I’m doing or not. 他们没法肯定 我知不知道自己在做什么
[41:36] Yes. 没错
[41:38] Can you tell? 你知道吗?
[41:41] Not really. 不大清楚
[41:44] Every once in a while, just to keep them guessing, 时不时让他们猜一猜
[41:49] I stick a cigar in my ear. 我夹了只烟在我耳朵上
[41:55] Do I look silly? 看起来傻吗?
[41:58] Try it. 你也试试
[42:13] We look good together. 我们看起来很配
[42:16] Yes, we do. 那肯定的
波士顿法律

Post navigation

Previous Post: 波士顿法律(Boston Legal)第1季第8集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计
Next Post: 波士顿法律(Boston Legal)第1季第10集台词本阅读、下载和单词统计

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Archives

  • July 2024
  • June 2024

Categories

  • 1931年
  • 1939年
  • 1941年
  • 1942年
  • 1943年
  • 1944年
  • 1948年
  • 1952年
  • 1953年
  • 1954年
  • 1955年
  • 1956年
  • 1957年
  • 1958年
  • 1959年
  • 1960年
  • 1961年
  • 1962年
  • 1963年
  • 1964年
  • 1966年
  • 1967年
  • 1968年
  • 1969年
  • 1970年
  • 1971年
  • 1972年
  • 1973年
  • 1974年
  • 1975年
  • 1976年
  • 1977年
  • 1978年
  • 1979年
  • 1980年
  • 1981年
  • 1982年
  • 1983年
  • 1984年
  • 1985年
  • 1986年
  • 1987年
  • 1988年
  • 1989年
  • 1990年
  • 1991年
  • 1992年
  • 1993年
  • 1994年
  • 1995年
  • 1996年
  • 1997年
  • 1998年
  • 1999年
  • 2000年
  • 2001年
  • 2002年
  • 2003年
  • 2004年
  • 2005年
  • 2006年
  • 2007年
  • 2008年
  • 2009年
  • 2010年
  • 2011年
  • 2012年
  • 2013年
  • 2014年
  • 2015年
  • 2016年
  • 2017年
  • 2018年
  • 2019年
  • 2020年
  • 2021年
  • 2022年
  • 2023年
  • 2024年
  • barui
  • Uncategorized
  • 一切安好
  • 中央公园
  • 亢奋
  • 亿万
  • 传世
  • 兄弟连
  • 克拉丽丝
  • 克拉克森的农场
  • 内裤队长
  • 副警长
  • 十字剑
  • 博斯
  • 卡特特工
  • 双城之战
  • 发展受阻
  • 叶卡捷琳娜大帝
  • 哈哈大校
  • 坏法官
  • 坏老师
  • 基本演绎法
  • 大城小妞
  • 大学生费莉希蒂
  • 大神偷卡门
  • 大西洋帝国
  • 天使在美国
  • 娃娃脸
  • 小小安妮
  • 小谎大事
  • 少年间谍亚历克斯
  • 布里奇顿
  • 幻灭
  • 废柴联盟
  • 康斯坦丁
  • 开心汉堡店
  • 德古拉
  • 德里女孩
  • 怒呛人生
  • 恋爱挑战书
  • 惊异传奇
  • 惊悚50州
  • 意乱情迷
  • 成瘾剂量
  • 我为喜剧狂
  • 找寻自我
  • 摩斯探长前传
  • 教师情事
  • 敢不敢挑战我
  • 新成长的烦恼
  • 日常谜团
  • 明日传奇
  • 星际之门亚特兰蒂斯
  • 更美好的事
  • 末日巡逻队
  • 杀无赦
  • 柏林谍影
  • 死亡医师
  • 比弗利娇妻
  • 波士顿法律
  • 火线警告
  • 灵书妙探
  • 犯罪心理
  • 犯罪现场调查·拉斯维加斯
  • 犯罪现场调查·纽约篇
  • 犯罪现场调查迈阿密
  • 狂欢命案
  • 狄金森
  • 狗狗博客
  • 生活
  • 生活大爆炸
  • 眼见为虚
  • 破产姐妹
  • 破发点大满贯之路
  • 神烦警探
  • 红粉联盟
  • 绝命律师
  • 绝命毒师
  • 绝望的主妇
  • 绿箭侠
  • 罪恶黑名单
  • 美国众神
  • 美国恐怖故事
  • 美国罪案故事
  • 美女上错身
  • 美式主妇
  • 脆莓公园
  • 致命陷阱
  • 艾米丽在巴黎
  • 芝加哥急救
  • 芝加哥烈焰
  • 芝加哥警署
  • 蛇蝎女佣
  • 贴身保镖
  • 达芬奇的恶魔
  • 迷失
  • 逃离丹尼莫拉
  • 逝者之证
  • 郊狼
  • 金牌律师
  • 铁证悬案
  • 随性所欲
  • 零异频道
  • 马男波杰克
  • 鲍勃心动
  • 麻木不仁
  • 黑吃黑
  • 黑帆
  • 黑暗救赎
  • 黑色星期一

Copyright © 2025 英美剧电影台词站.

Powered by PressBook WordPress theme