时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:17] | This is a staff meeting, Mr. Shore. | 这是个员工会议 Shore先生 |
[00:21] | I realize that. | 我看出来了 |
[00:22] | – Why are you in a Santa suit? – It’s after Thanksgiving. | – 你为什么穿着圣诞老人的衣服? – 感恩节已经过了 |
[00:25] | Surely you’re not suggesting I still dress as a pilgrim. | 你不会想让我继续穿得像个朝圣者吧 |
[00:28] | And who is this? | 那这是谁? |
[00:30] | She’s my elf. | 她是我的精灵 |
[00:31] | Sometimes, especially after Santa’s been drinking, | 有时候 特别是圣诞老人喝了点酒的时候 |
[00:35] | he needs a little helper. | 他需要一个小帮手 |
[00:37] | Have you been drinking today? | 你今天喝酒了吗? |
[00:39] | No. Today, I just brought her for amusement. | 没 今天我只是带她来玩 |
[00:42] | My doctors are concerned these staff meetings | 我的医生们担心这种员工会议 |
[00:45] | could cause me to lapse into a coma. | 有可能会使我陷入昏迷 |
[00:48] | I see. | 我懂了 |
[00:50] | Well, since privileged information is exchanged during these staff meetings, | 但是 会议过程中会涉及客户的保密信息 |
[00:54] | your helper will have to leave. | 所以 你的帮手需要离开 |
[00:59] | Would you wait in my office, dear? | 亲爱的 你可以到我的办公室里等等吗? |
[01:01] | Sure. | 当然 |
[01:17] | Actually, there is that walk-in. | 事实上 我们有位没预约的客户 |
[01:19] | He’s waiting in reception. Maybe Alan should take that. | 在接待处等着 也许Alan可以去看一下 |
[01:24] | Perhaps you’re right. | 也许你是对的 |
[01:25] | A wrongful termination, a guy was fired as a department store Santa. | 一个百货公司的圣诞老人被非法解雇了 |
[01:28] | I mean, since you seem to have such | 我是说 看起来你和案由 |
[01:30] | – a connection with the subject matter. – I’ll do it. | – 挺相配的 – 我来吧 |
[01:35] | I’ve always wanted a Santa case. | 我一直想做一个圣诞老人的案子 |
[01:37] | Oh, this is much more right for Alan. | 可是这个更适合Alan |
[01:39] | I said I’ll do it. | 我说了我来 |
[01:42] | Where is he? | 他在哪儿? |
[01:43] | Uh, in reception. | 呃 在接待处 |
[01:52] | Gil Furnald? | Gil Furnald吗? |
[01:55] | That’s me. | 我在这儿 |
[02:03] | – No, it isn’t. – Yes, it is. | – 不是吧 – 是我啊 |
[02:05] | No, it isn’t. | 不 你不是 |
[02:07] | Ho ho ho. | 吼 吼 吼 |
[02:09] | Deal with it. | 趁早习惯吧 |
[02:12] | – Alan. – Tara. | – 喂 Alan – Tara |
[02:14] | What’s with the woman? | 那女的是怎么回事? |
[02:16] | What woman? | 哪个女人? |
[02:17] | What woman? The one you brought to the staff meeting. | 哪个女人? 你带到员工会议的那个 |
[02:20] | She’s my elf, Tara. I thought I was quite clear on that. | 她是我的精灵 Tara 我想我说的很清楚了 |
[02:22] | Yes, very amusing. Why is she here? | 是啊 很有趣 她为什么来这儿? |
[02:24] | Well, it seems I’ve put on a few pounds since last year. | 好吧 其实是我比去年胖了几磅 |
[02:27] | So she brought me my new suit. | 所以她把新衣服给我送来 |
[02:29] | I do some work with the salvation army. | 我和救世军(基督教的慈善组织)有些合作 |
[02:31] | We work as a team, actually. | 事实上 我们是个团队 |
[02:33] | Is there a problem? | 有问题吗? |
[02:35] | – Not at all. – But… | – 没有 – 但是… |
[02:38] | not that I’ve been doing background checks, | 我没有在查你啊 |
[02:39] | but I have a friend who evidently knows an old friend of yours, and… | 只是我有个朋友刚好认识你的一个老友 他说… |
[02:44] | And? | 他说? |
[02:45] | you once cohabited with a little person. | 你曾与一个体格娇小的女人同居 |
[02:50] | Two lovely years. | 两年美好时光 |
[02:52] | I lived with her for three. | 不过我和她同居了三年 |
[02:54] | Do you have a thing… | 你是不是喜欢… |
[02:56] | for little women? | 个头小的女人? |
[02:59] | I have a thing for women. | 我喜欢女人 |
[03:02] | You’ve never fallen for someone shorter than you? | 你从未爱上过比你矮的人? |
[03:04] | Well, I believe I’m involved with one now. | 我想我正爱着一个呢 |
[03:13] | Either you’re mistaken, or I’m jealous. | 不是你搞错了 就是我在嫉妒 |
[03:20] | Boston Legal 1×08 Loose Lips | |
[03:51] | It’s just very difficult to reconcile being drawn to a person… | 真是很难理解 我明明觉得他令人讨厌 |
[03:54] | I consider, well, repugnant. | 我居然会被他吸引 |
[03:58] | Oh, you think you’re the first good girl to fall for a bad boy? | 哦 你觉得你是第一个喜欢上坏男孩的好女孩吗? |
[04:01] | Is my problem annoying you? | 我的问题令你厌烦吗? |
[04:05] | No. I’m sorry. | 不 不好意思 |
[04:07] | I… I just meant to convey it’s very common… | 我… 我只是想说这很正常… |
[04:10] | for women to be attracted to men they don’t admire. | 一个女人会喜欢一个自己并不赞赏的人 |
[04:12] | What could be at play here… there are qualities in yourself you don’t like… | 这意味着… 你身上有自己不喜欢的性格… |
[04:15] | or qualities about Alan Shore you wish you had. | 或Alan Shore身上有你一直想有的某些性格 |
[04:18] | That isn’t it. I like myself just fine. | 不是这样的 我觉得自己很好 |
[04:23] | I saw that. | 我看见你摇头了 |
[04:26] | Uh… look, | 呃… 听着 |
[04:29] | this is not a great day for me. Perhaps we should reschedule? | 我今天状态不好 要不我们改天? |
[04:34] | Okay. | 好的 |
[04:38] | Is everything okay? | 你还好吗? |
[04:40] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[04:44] | Could I speak to you as a lawyer? | 你可以以律师的身份和我聊一下吗? |
[04:49] | Uh, sure. | 呃 好 |
[04:51] | But you’re gonna have to face the little clock towards me. | 但是我也要计时收费了 |
[04:55] | This is all privileged, right? Lawyer-client? | 这都是保密的 对吧? 律师和当事人之间? |
[04:59] | Of course. | 当然 |
[05:01] | Look, I, I have a patient who’s been with me for almost four years now. | 是这样的 我有个病人 已经在我这儿看了快4年了 |
[05:05] | And he, um, | 他 呃 |
[05:07] | he habitually speaks of fantasies, | 他经常描述他的幻想 |
[05:10] | things he plans to do. | 他打算做的事 |
[05:12] | They’re typically idle ruminations, | 我猜啊 一般都是些胡思乱想 |
[05:14] | I suppose, to make him feel better. | 他只是过个嘴瘾 |
[05:17] | Lately, he’s been talking about murdering his ex-wife. | 最近 他开始谈论谋杀他前妻的计划 |
[05:21] | And at first, I thought, harmless chatter again. | 起先我想 又是嘴上说说罢了 |
[05:24] | But there seems to be such a resolve. | 但他听起来像是下定了决心 |
[05:27] | Lori, I can’t be sure that it isn’t real this time. | Lori 我不确定这次是不是真的 |
[05:29] | This man may very well be planning to kill his ex-wife, | 这个人可能真的在筹划怎么谋杀他前妻 |
[05:32] | and I’m just not sure what to do. | 我真不知道该怎么办 |
[05:52] | I just like wearing women’s clothes sometimes. | 我只是有时喜欢穿女人的衣服 |
[05:56] | It’s not a sexual turn-on. | 不是性取向有问题 |
[05:58] | Well, it just feels right sometimes. | 有时候就是想这样穿 |
[06:00] | So, basically, you’re a sicko. | 也就是说 你得了精神病 |
[06:03] | I’m not sick. | 我没病 |
[06:04] | Light, my man. | 放松 兄弟 |
[06:07] | So, what, you got caught in a skirt, and that was it? | 所以 他们发现了你穿裙子 就解雇你了? |
[06:10] | My employer found out, and, yes, I got fired. | 我老板发现了 是啊 我就被解雇了 |
[06:14] | They asked me a lot of questions, | 他们问了我很多问题 |
[06:15] | like whether I’m gay. | 问我是不是同性恋之类的 |
[06:18] | Are you? | 你是吗? |
[06:20] | Not that there’s anything wrong with it. | 我不是说反对同性恋 |
[06:22] | Yes. But that does not make me an unfit Santa. | 我是 但是这也不影响我扮圣诞老人啊 |
[06:26] | – Criminal record? – No. | – 有犯罪前科吗? – 没有 |
[06:27] | No, no, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 没有 |
[06:28] | And there’s never been any incident. | 也没犯过任何错 |
[06:30] | I have been a good Santa for eight years. | 我好好的做了八年圣诞老人 |
[06:33] | A great Santa. | 很棒的圣诞老人 |
[06:35] | I can show you the letters. | 我可以给你看别人写给我的信 |
[06:37] | There are kids and families who have specifically come back for me. | 还有小孩或者一家子人专程跑回来看我 |
[06:42] | And I thought, this is wrong. | 我觉得 我怎么穿衣服 |
[06:44] | I should not lose my job because of how I like to dress. | 不应该成为解雇我的理由 |
[06:59] | Does he know you taped him? | 他知道你录下来了吗? |
[07:00] | No, I’m just full of ethical violations. | 他不知道 我已经违背职业道德了 |
[07:07] | It’s important that I do it with my hands. | 我一定要用这双手去杀她 这很重要 |
[07:10] | I don’t know why. You could probably tell me why. | 我也不知道为什么 你也许能告诉我 |
[07:13] | But, see, the thing is, | 但是 你看 |
[07:15] | I don’t want to shoot her | 我不想枪杀她 |
[07:17] | or, uh, poison her | 或者 呃 下毒 |
[07:19] | or hit her with a car. | 或者 开车撞她 |
[07:20] | No. It needs to be by strangulation. | 都不行 一定要掐死她 |
[07:24] | Do you have any guess as to why? | 你猜得到这是为什么吗? |
[07:26] | Well, for one, | 首先 |
[07:27] | I actually want to feel the life going out of her, | 我想感觉她的生命在慢慢流失 |
[07:30] | I mean, with my hands. | 当然 要用手来感觉 |
[07:32] | I want to feel her body go limp. | 感觉她的身体瘫软 |
[07:34] | Also, I want her to experience it. | 还有 我想让她也感受到 |
[07:37] | I want her to know that she’s dying, | 让她知道自己要死了 |
[07:40] | and I want to see her eyes as I do it. | 我掐她的时候要看着她的双眼 |
[07:45] | And how do you know that this isn’t just talk? | 那你怎么知道他不是说说而已? |
[07:47] | I keep telling you, I don’t know. | 我告诉你了 我并不知道 |
[07:49] | I mean, he’s often fantasized. | 因为他总是胡思乱想 |
[07:51] | Last year, he spoke of blowing up his boss. | 去年 他还说过要炸死他的上司 |
[07:53] | But his demeanor here, as I said, | 但是就像我说的 他现在的样子 |
[07:55] | there’s a certain resolve that really concerns me. | 像是下了决心 所以我很担心 |
[07:58] | Have you shown this to any other therapists or… | 你让其他医生看过这个没有… |
[08:00] | No, no, no, I am the only one who can make that call. | 不 不 没有 只有我能作这个判断 |
[08:03] | And your call is it’s possible he’s going to do it. | 你的判断是他很可能这么做 |
[08:08] | Do I tell the ex-wife? | 我要告诉他前妻吗? |
[08:10] | Well, I’m sure you know the law on this as well as I do. | 我想你和我一样了解这方面的法律 |
[08:13] | I mean, you have a duty to warn the victim | 如果你能够合理判断出 |
[08:15] | if you’re reasonably certain she’s in physical danger. | 她有危险 那你有义务警告她 |
[08:17] | But falling short of being certain… | 但是如果不能确定… |
[08:19] | You honor doctor-patient privilege. | 那你就遵从医生和病人之间的保密原则 |
[08:21] | This just seems crazy to me. | 对我来说这很疯狂 |
[08:23] | I mean, which side is better to err on? | 到底怎样做能把伤害减到最小? |
[08:34] | A trial today? | 今天就要开庭? |
[08:35] | Well, it’s not exactly a trial. | 不 不算是庭审 |
[08:37] | It’s an evidentiary hearing. | 只是听证会而已 |
[08:38] | But I’d need to testify? | 但我需要作证? |
[08:40] | It’s the only way you can get a restraining order. | 只有这样你才能拿到禁止令 |
[08:42] | We’ll lose the dress, by the way. | 顺便说一句 你先把裙子换了 |
[08:44] | Coat and tie. | 要穿衬衣打领带 |
[08:46] | Alan, excellent! | Alan 太好了! |
[08:48] | Alan, Gil Furnald… | Alan 这是Gil Furnald… |
[08:49] | Alan Shore. | 这是Alan Shore |
[08:51] | Turns out that my Santa Claus is a sort of cross-dressing sicko. | 原来我的圣诞老人是个有易装癖的神经病 |
[08:56] | He’s more you. | 他更符合你的风格 |
[08:58] | He is absolutely more me, Denny, | 他绝对适合我 Denny |
[09:00] | but unfortunately, my schedule… | 但是很不幸 我的日程… |
[09:01] | Alan. I have trouble with this sort of subject matter. | Alan 我没法应付这种人 |
[09:06] | – You’re homophobic. – It’s not that. | – 你害怕同性恋 – 不是因为那个 |
[09:08] | What is it then? | 那是什么? |
[09:10] | It’s my father. | 是我爸爸 |
[09:13] | Sometimes he wore dresses. | 他有时候会穿裙子 |
[09:15] | He called it a kilt and sang all those Scottish songs, but we knew. | 他说那是苏格兰短裙 还唱苏格兰歌曲 但我们知道那就是易装癖 |
[09:20] | Please. The hearing’s at 2:00. | 拜托 听证会两点钟开始 |
[09:31] | Hello. | 你好 |
[09:34] | Hello. | 你好 |
[09:39] | Sally, | Sally啊 |
[09:40] | could I trouble you to do a quick background check? | 你能不能帮我做个简单的背景调查? |
[09:43] | I realize we haven’t spoken much since we stopped having sex, | 我发现自从我们不上床之后 就不怎么说话了 |
[09:46] | and, frankly, I’m dismayed by that. | 说真的 我感到很沮丧 |
[09:51] | But what I need to know is everything you can find out about my new client. | 但是我想要你帮我查一下我的新客户 |
[09:54] | Here’s his name, address, and social security… | 这是他的名字 地址 还有社保… |
[09:56] | Is it true you’re taking over the Santa case? | 你真的要接圣诞老人的案子? |
[09:59] | Yes, I am, Bradley. | 是啊 Bradley |
[10:01] | Is it of interest to you? | 你感兴趣? |
[10:03] | No, but it could be… | 不 不过我会可以感兴趣… |
[10:05] | if we say, bet on it? | 不如 我们赌一把? |
[10:08] | Another wager. | 又赌 |
[10:10] | Why not? | 为什么不呢? |
[10:11] | And would you already have stakes in mine? | 你已经想好赌什么了吗? |
[10:14] | I keep thinking about your elf. | 我一直在想你那个精灵 |
[10:16] | How about if you win, I become your elf for the day, | 如果你赢 我就做一天你的精灵 |
[10:18] | but if you lose, you become mine? | 但你要是输了 就做我的 怎么样? |
[10:21] | Complete with the costume, of course. | 当然 必须穿精灵服的 |
[10:23] | – And bells. – Can’t leave out the bells. | – 还要戴铃铛 – 不能忘了铃铛 |
[10:25] | Alan, hey, can I steal you for a second? | Alan 嗨 我能占用你一秒钟吗? |
[10:28] | A second? | 才占用一秒钟? |
[10:29] | A minute I could maybe do, but a second would be pushing it. | 一分钟还可以 一秒钟我只能速战速决了 |
[10:35] | Would you like me to push it? | 你想要我草草了事吗? (Alan有性暗示) |
[10:38] | You are so disgusting vulgar. | 你真下流 |
[10:40] | It’s important. | 我有很重要的事 |
[10:48] | This is Dr. Konigsberg. | 这是Konigsberg医生 |
[10:50] | – Alan Shore. – Hello. | – 这是Alan Shore – 你好 |
[10:52] | Oh, Alan Shore. | 哦 Alan Shore啊 |
[10:55] | Uh, Dr. Konigsberg has a patient | 呃 Konigsberg医生有一位病人 |
[10:57] | who talks about killing his ex-wife and could be serious about it. | 在治疗时说到要谋杀前妻 而且可能是认真的 |
[11:01] | “Could” is the operative word. | “可能”是关键词 |
[11:02] | I can’t be sure. | 我没法百分之百确定 |
[11:04] | Obviously, there are some exposure problems. | 很明显 这是个要不要揭发他的问题 |
[11:06] | I mean, if the guy does do it, | 如果那个人真那样做了 |
[11:07] | and it was learned that Dr. Konigsberg knew of the risks beforehand… | 而有人发现Konigsberg医生早就知道这种风险… |
[11:10] | The first thing I’d check is his malpractice policy. | 首先要看一下他们有关医疗疏忽的政策 |
[11:12] | You don’t want to do anything to void coverage. | 免得违背规定 使免责条款失效 |
[11:15] | I’ve done that already. | 我已经看了 |
[11:16] | What’s your specialty? | 你的专业领域是什么? |
[11:17] | Couples counseling. | 婚姻咨询 |
[11:18] | I first saw the client and his wife together. | 最开始我给他们两人做咨询 |
[11:21] | Since their divorce, I’ve been working with him alone. | 他们离婚后 我就单独治疗他了 |
[11:23] | So they came to you to improve their relationship, | 那么他们本来到你那里是为了改善夫妻关系 |
[11:25] | and now one wants to kill the other. | 而现在 一个想杀了另一个 |
[11:26] | Not your best work, was it, doctor? | 不是你最成功的案例吧 医生? |
[11:31] | And you’re seeing Dr. Konigsberg for what? | 那你为什么去Konigsberg医生那儿咨询? |
[11:33] | Uh, just to deal with… | 呃 我去… |
[11:36] | as a lawyer, he hired me. | 当他的律师 他雇了我 |
[11:40] | He’s a very mischievous man. | 他可真是个活宝 |
[11:41] | Look, can we stick to the case, folks? | 喂 我们继续说案子 好吗? |
[11:43] | Since the proposed victim was or is a patient, | 既然潜在被害人现在或曾是你的病人 |
[11:45] | you’ve got real duty problems. | 你确实对她有义务 |
[11:47] | If the threat is real and you don’t tell her… | 如果的确存在威胁 而你没有告诉她… |
[11:49] | But I can’t be sure it’s real, which means my duty is to the patient. | 但我不确定威胁是真是假 那我得遵从对现在的病人的义务 |
[11:52] | Can you have another therapist meet with him, | 你能让另一位医生看看他吗 |
[11:54] | perhaps, get an objective opinion? | 也许能给点客观的看法? |
[11:55] | I’ve tried. No therapist will go near it for fear of potential liability. | 我试过 但因为这里有潜在责任 没人愿意帮忙 |
[11:59] | Well, if it were me, I’d meet with him myself, | 如果是我 我会亲自见见他 |
[12:01] | pretending to be one of your colleagues. | 我可以装成你的同事 |
[12:02] | That’s hardly an option. | 那不行 |
[12:04] | Why? You need objectivity… | 为什么? 你需要客观的… |
[12:05] | You can’t go there pretending to be a doctor. | 你不能装作医生去看他 |
[12:08] | Of course I can’t because I’m in trial, but you can do it. | 当然不行 我还要参加听证会呢 但你可以 |
[12:10] | Oh, sure, and get disbarred? | 哦 是啊 然后被取消律师资格? |
[12:12] | I’d likely lose my license. | 我也有可能被吊销行医资格证 |
[12:14] | Oh, well, silly me. | 哦 是我傻了 |
[12:16] | I was thinking about the ex-wife. | 我只关心那位前妻了 |
[12:18] | If it’s merely a bar card and a medical license you’re looking to preserve, | 如果你们只是想保住自己的律师资格证和行医资格证 |
[12:21] | you first opine to Lori | 那你先向Lori说明 |
[12:23] | that you’re not at all convinced the man | 你根本不认为那个人 |
[12:25] | intends to follow through on his threats, | 真的会杀人 |
[12:26] | then you draft an opinion letter to the doctor | 然后你起草一份咨询意见书给他 |
[12:28] | telling him he need not disclose. | 让他不要揭露事实 |
[12:30] | Your respective asses will be covered, | 你们那小破事就搞定了 |
[12:32] | and everybody’s happy, | 皆大欢喜 |
[12:33] | assuming you like your asses covered. | 如果这是你们想要的结果 |
[12:35] | Personally, I love the feel of a stiff breeze against my rosy cheeks. | 但我个人更喜欢挑战一下 |
[12:41] | In any event, pardon my misunderstanding. | 无论如何 原谅我的误解 |
[12:44] | I thought it was potentially human life at stake. | 我以为你们关心的是潜在的人命危险 |
[13:11] | Sylvia. | Sylvia啊 |
[13:13] | What do you want now? | 你想怎么样? |
[13:14] | Why do you always think I want something? | 你干嘛老觉得我想怎么样? |
[13:16] | Why couldn’t it be that I just want to see the smiling face | 我就不能只想看看秘书室最漂亮的 |
[13:18] | of the prettiest girl in the clerk’s office? | 女孩美丽的笑脸吗? |
[13:20] | What do you want, Brad? | 你到底想怎么样 Brad? |
[13:22] | I need a small favor, tiny. | 我想要你帮个小忙 很小的忙 |
[13:24] | But, first, please can I see that smile? | 但是 你能不能先笑一下? |
[13:27] | – God… – If I were 10 years younger… | – 上帝… – 要是我能年轻10岁… |
[13:29] | Or 10 years older. What’s the favor? | 或者老上10岁 你要我帮什么忙? |
[13:33] | There’s a motion scheduled for this afternoon. | 今天下午安排了一个动议的听证 |
[13:34] | Furnald vs. Gordon’s Department Store. | Furnald告Gordon’s百货公司 |
[13:37] | A lawyer named Alan Shore is seeking injunctive relief, unlawful discharge. | 一个叫Alan Shore的律师要针对非法解雇申请禁止令 |
[13:40] | I need this case to fall on judge Hingham’s docket. | 我想要Hingham法官来审这个案子 |
[13:43] | Judge Hingham? Why would you want him? | Hingham法官? 为什么要他来审? |
[13:45] | Because he’s just right for this one. | 因为他适合 |
[13:47] | Exactly what kind of case is this? | 这到底是个什么案子? |
[13:51] | A homosexual? | 一个同性恋者? |
[13:53] | That’s where we’re at now? | 这是真的吗? |
[13:55] | Santa clauses being played by homosexuals. | 圣诞老人是由同性恋们来扮的 |
[14:00] | I believe “homosexual” is one word, Judge. | 好像”同性恋者”是类指 法官大人 |
[14:02] | But to avoid confusion, let’s say “gay”. | 但为了避免歧义 我们还是说”同志”好了 |
[14:04] | Let’s say “transvestite”. | 还是说”易装癖”吧 |
[14:06] | Because that was the stated reason… | 因为那才是真正原因… |
[14:08] | Well, if dress code is the issue, my client promises to comply with… | 如果是穿着要求的问题 我的当事人同意服从… |
[14:11] | A homosexual transvestite… | 一个有易装癖的同性恋… |
[14:14] | You want me to allow children to sit in his lap? | 你要我同意让孩子们坐在他腿上? |
[14:18] | – Exactly. – Oh, boy. | – 没错 – 哦 天哪 |
[14:19] | Gordon’s Department Store certainly supports | Gordon’s百货公司当然不干涉 |
[14:21] | Mr. Furnald’s right to choose who or what… | Furnald先生自由选择衣着或… |
[14:24] | That’s a lie. You fired him as soon as he told you he was gay. | 你说谎 那老板一听说他是同志就炒了他 |
[14:27] | No, we fired him for cross-dressing, which is considered a fetish. | 不 解雇原因是他的易装癖 因为那是恋物癖的一种 |
[14:30] | He’s played Santa for eight years without incident. | 他扮了八年圣诞老人 从没出过差错 |
[14:32] | In fact, he’s received glowing praise from both parents and employers. | 事实上 他还得到家长和老板的一致好评 |
[14:36] | Would you sit in his lap? | 你会坐在他腿上吗? |
[14:39] | Sure. Why not? | 当然 为什么不? |
[14:48] | And he hasn’t gone homo erects on me if that was your fear. | 如果你担心的话 他并没有因为我勃起 |
[14:53] | You’re making entendres. | 你故意曲解我的意思 |
[14:55] | Disgusting, sick innuendo entendres. | 恶心 下流 讽刺的曲解 |
[14:59] | I’m not going to put an innocent child | 我不会让一个无辜儿童 |
[15:02] | in the lap of an unnatural Santa Claus who dresses in female attire. | 坐在会穿女人衣服的怪圣诞老人身上 |
[15:05] | There is a sanctity to the tradition of Christmas. | 过圣诞的传统是神圣的 |
[15:09] | It is perhaps the most sanctimonious holiday there is. | 它可以说是所有节日中最神圣的 |
[15:13] | Then clearly you should be its poster boy. | 很显然你是它的宣传者 |
[15:17] | Motion for T.R.O. denied. | 申请禁止令的动议被驳回 |
[15:20] | – I’d at least like an evidentiary hearing, so that I may present… – Denied! | – 至少进行一场听证会吧 那样我就… – 驳回! |
[15:23] | Denied, denied, denied. | 驳回 驳回 驳回! |
[15:33] | Why did you do that? | 你干嘛那样? |
[15:34] | You antagonized him. | 你激怒了他 |
[15:36] | Actually, he antagonized me. | 事实上 是他激怒了我 |
[15:40] | This job means something to me, Mr. Shore. | 这份工作对我来说很重要 Shore先生 |
[15:54] | Your Honor. | 法官大人 |
[15:55] | I have made my ruling. | 我已经做了判决 |
[15:57] | Yes, based on what you think my client is | 是的 但判决是根据您对我当事人的看法 |
[16:00] | or what the defense has presented him to be. | 或者被告的说法做出的 |
[16:02] | I ask you to at least hear from him before you take away his livelihood. | 我希望在您让他失去生计之前 至少听听他怎么说 |
[16:06] | 10 minutes | 给他10分钟 |
[16:08] | as to why he’d make a good Santa. Please. | 听听看他为什么能扮演好圣诞老人 拜托 |
[16:14] | I’ll give you 10 minutes. | 我给你10分钟 |
[16:15] | Five for direct, five for cross. | 五分钟直接提问 五分钟交叉提问 |
[16:20] | I don’t understand why she’s here. | 我不明白她为什么在这儿 |
[16:22] | I explained it, Brian. | 我解释了 Brian |
[16:23] | When a patient makes a credible threat to commit violence, | 当一个病人做出进行暴力犯罪的威胁 |
[16:27] | my colleague is here to observe because I may need counsel. | 我的同事要在这里观察 因为我会需要她的建议 |
[16:30] | Why? | 为什么? |
[16:31] | You should’ve told me this before. | 你应该事先告诉我 |
[16:34] | Brian, would you tell Dr. Harper why you want to kill your ex-wife? | Brian 你能不能告诉Harper医生为什么你想杀你前妻? |
[16:41] | I have no intention of killing her. | 我不想杀她啊 |
[16:45] | – You don’t? – Of course not. | – 你不想? – 当然不 |
[16:47] | Murder is illegal in Massachusetts. | 在马萨诸塞州 杀人是犯法的 |
[16:49] | So when you were saying these things to Dr. Konigsberg… | 那你对Konigsberg医生说起… |
[16:51] | I never said them. | 我从来都没说过 |
[16:53] | Dr. Konigsberg is mistaken. | Konigsberg医生误会了 |
[16:55] | I also have absolutely no intention of paying for two therapists. | 而且我也不想花两份心理咨询的钱 |
[16:58] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[17:08] | Clearly he’s a little hostile. | 很显然 他对我们有敌意 |
[17:09] | Well, he’s angry over you being here, and I, I can’t say that I blame him. | 当然 他很生气你在这儿 但是 我并不怪他 |
[17:13] | I don’t know if there’s enough to go to the police, | 我不知道需不需要去警察局 |
[17:16] | but I think you should at least tell his ex-wife. | 但我觉得至少你应该告诉他前妻 |
[17:21] | Will you go with me? | 你能和我一起去吗? |
[17:23] | – Me? – Lori, I’m about to break privilege, | – 我? – Lori 我要打破保密原则 |
[17:25] | and I could very well be sued for it. | 而且很有可能会被起诉 |
[17:27] | This is treacherous ground, and I would like my lawyer present. | 这是很危险的情况 我希望有律师陪同 |
[17:30] | So please do this with me. | 所以请和我一起去 |
[17:46] | I’m afraid my words are having little impact. | 我想我说什么对结果可能没多大影响 |
[17:49] | Yours will have to. | 所以你的话必须起到作用 |
[17:51] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:53] | You said this job means something to you, | 你说这份工作对你很重要 |
[17:55] | and you seemed rather impassioned. | 而且你似乎对它充满热情 |
[17:57] | I am. | 没错啊 |
[17:59] | You have a college education, Mr. Furnald. | 你是大学毕业生 Furnald先生 |
[18:01] | You do well in your computer job. | 你那份搞计算机的工作做得很好 |
[18:03] | Why is this part-time employment so important? | 为什么这个兼职对你来说那么重要? |
[18:07] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[18:08] | Yes, you do. | 不 你知道的 |
[18:14] | I suppose, | 我想 |
[18:17] | as a kid, a gay kid, | 作为一个孩子 一个喜欢穿裙子的 |
[18:20] | who liked to wear dresses… | 同性恋孩子… |
[18:23] | That club is very small, by the way. | 顺便说一句 这种人很少 |
[18:25] | Most cross-dressers are heterosexual. | 大多数有易装癖的人都是异性恋 |
[18:29] | Anyway, um, as a kid who… | 不管怎样 作为一个… |
[18:37] | felt like he didn’t belong anywhere, | 找不到归属感的孩子 |
[18:42] | I would throw myself into all the make-believe that goes with Christmas. | 我会全身心地投入到那些圣诞节的扮演工作上 |
[18:50] | As safe retreats go, | 就像是一个收容所 |
[18:54] | I suppose it helped me survive. | 它让我能够活下来 |
[19:01] | And it still does. | 现在依然如此 |
[19:06] | Should I say that tomorrow? | 明天我能这么说吗? |
[19:08] | Say all of it. | 就照这个说 |
[19:14] | Would you tell? | 要是你 你会说吗? |
[19:17] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[19:19] | I mean, if it’s a fantasy… | 我是说 如果只是胡思乱想… |
[19:21] | What if it’s not? | 如果不是呢? |
[19:24] | The benefit of the doubt has to go to privilege. | 存疑时 应遵守保密原则 (存疑不作不利判断原则) |
[19:27] | Even when the downside is death? | 即使有可能造成死亡? |
[19:32] | I’m not saying that it’s an easy call. | 我又没说这是个容易的选择 |
[19:43] | He got a hearing. | 他争取到了一个听证会 |
[19:46] | Sorry? | 什么? |
[19:47] | Shore, the cross-dressing Santa Claus. | Shore 有易装癖的圣诞老人那个案子 |
[19:49] | He actually got a hearing. | 他还真争取到了个听证会 |
[19:51] | Don’t you think you’re taking this bet thing a little too far? | 你不觉得自己在打赌这件事上太较真儿了吗? |
[19:54] | I’m not making a big deal about this. I’m just making conversation here. | 我没较真儿 我就是说说 |
[19:57] | Brad, you don’t like Alan, do you? | Brad 你不喜欢Alan 对吗? |
[20:04] | I don’t give the guy a thought one way or the other. | 我对他没有任何个人意见 |
[20:09] | Can I say something to you as a friend? | 作为一个朋友 我能说两句吗? |
[20:13] | You’ve seemed kind of knotted up ever since he got here. | 自打他来以后 你好像一直绷得很紧 |
[20:17] | It might help you if you just let your feelings out a little. | 说出自己的感受可能会让你好受些 |
[20:22] | Come on, it’s late at night, | 来吧 现在是深夜 |
[20:24] | you’re having a beer with a buddy. | 你身边有一个和你喝酒的哥们 |
[20:26] | Tell me how you feel about Alan Shore. | 说说你对Alan Shore的看法 |
[20:33] | I don’t like him. | 我不喜欢他 |
[20:34] | You can go deeper than that. | 继续说 |
[20:36] | What do you feel, Brad? | 为什么不喜欢 Brad? |
[20:37] | I hate him. He mocks me. | 我讨厌他 他总是嘲笑我 |
[20:40] | – Deeper? – He mocks our commander in chief. | – 还有呢? – 他还嘲笑我们的主管 |
[20:42] | – Deeper. – He’s got a putty ass and a flabby body, | – 接着说 – 他脑满肠肥 肌肉松弛 |
[20:44] | and I can’t understand why women would rather sleep with him than me. | 我就不明白为什么女人都愿意跟他睡而不是跟我 |
[20:48] | There, it’s out. | 就是这个 说出来了 |
[20:49] | And that includes you, by the way. | 顺便说一句 也包括你 |
[20:52] | First of all, I don’t sleep with colleagues. | 首先 我不会和同事睡 |
[20:55] | – You’re ducking the issue. – I am not. | – 你在回避问题 – 我没有 |
[20:57] | I have no interest in ducking either one of you. | 我没兴趣回避你俩任何一个 |
[21:03] | We’ve gone deep enough. | 我们说的够多了 |
[21:10] | I really need to win this bet. | 这个赌我必须赢 |
[21:22] | According to employees at Gordon’s, | 据Gordon’s的员工说 |
[21:24] | Gil Furnald gets nothing but raves as Santa. | Gil Furnald扮圣诞老人受到人们一致称赞 |
[21:26] | Oh, come on, would you sit his lap? | 哦 拜托 你会坐在他的腿上吗? |
[21:28] | Why does everybody keep asking me that? | 为什么大家都来问我这个? |
[21:31] | Tough break drawing Judge Hingham. | Hingham法官可是很难对付啊 |
[21:35] | Who’d ever imagine that? | 谁想到会碰到他啊? |
[21:38] | Brad, | Brad啊 |
[21:41] | did you have something to do with my drawing Judge Hingham? | 你是不是做了手脚让Hingham来审这个案子? |
[21:45] | That would be dirty pool. | 那就是耍老千了 |
[21:53] | I actually want to feel the life going out of her. | 我想感觉她的生命在慢慢流失 |
[21:56] | I mean, with my hands. | 当然 要用手来感觉 |
[21:57] | I want to feel her body go limp. | 感觉她的身体瘫软 |
[21:59] | Also, I want her to experience it. | 还有 我想让她也感受到 |
[22:02] | I want her to know that she’s dying. | 让她知道自己要死了 |
[22:06] | And I don’t want it to be instant. | 我不想让她太快死掉 |
[22:08] | I want her to actually have the thought, | 我希望她有时间想到 |
[22:09] | “My god, he’s killing me.” | “哦 上帝 他快把我杀死了” |
[22:12] | And I wanna see her eyes as I do it. | 我掐她的时候要看着她的双眼 |
[22:16] | What’s happened to him? | 他发生了什么事? |
[22:19] | Let me reiterate. | 我重申一下 |
[22:21] | He’s talked like this before without ever going through with it, obviously. | 他之前也说过类似的事情 但很显然 从未真的去做 |
[22:24] | Many people fantasize… | 很多人都会胡思乱想… |
[22:26] | For him to even speak this way, this is not Brian. | 但他说话的方式 这不像Brian |
[22:29] | He is docile person. | 他是个温和的人 |
[22:30] | I realize that. | 我知道的 |
[22:32] | This might also simply be talk, | 这也许只是说说 |
[22:34] | safe talk that allows him to feel strong. | 让他感觉到自己很强大 |
[22:37] | Sometimes the weaker the person’s constitution… | 有时候心里越脆弱的人越… |
[22:39] | Is he going to kill me? | 他真的会杀了我吗? |
[22:43] | Mary, I’m here because I don’t know. | Mary 我跟你说就是因为我也不确定 |
[22:46] | I really don’t think so, | 我其实觉得他不会 |
[22:47] | but you are the one person that knows him better than I do. | 但你比我更了解他 |
[22:51] | I’ve never heard him talk like this, ever. | 我从来 没有听到他像这样说话 |
[22:55] | Did you tell the police? | 你报警了吗? |
[22:58] | It’s tricky, Mrs. Stevens. | 这没那么简单 Stevens太太 |
[23:01] | This is doctor-patient privileged stuff. | 我们之间有医患间保密原则 |
[23:03] | We shouldn’t even be telling you this. | 我们其实根本不该把这个告诉你 |
[23:04] | He plans to kill me, for god’s sake. | 看在上帝份上 他在计划谋杀我 |
[23:06] | Which is why we are telling you, | 所以我们才告诉你了啊 |
[23:08] | – on the possibility that these threats.. – I’m calling the police. | – 因为这种威胁有可能… – 我要报警 |
[23:11] | I’m not sure that they could do anything at this point. | 现在的情况下 警察也做不了什么 |
[23:14] | I mean, they certainly can’t arrest him | 他们决不能因为他对心理医生 |
[23:16] | for things he told a therapist in confidence. | 说的保密内容而逮捕他 |
[23:19] | What I would suggest, | 我建议 |
[23:21] | let Dr. Konigsberg continue to monitor the situation. | Konigsberg医生继续监控现状 |
[23:24] | He’s seeing your ex-husband every day. | 他天天都会见你前夫 |
[23:27] | If things progress further, we will call the police. | 如果事情有进一步发展 我们就报警 |
[23:30] | In the meantime, maybe you could stay with a friend… | 在这期间 你最好住到朋友家去… |
[23:33] | I have animals, I can’t… | 我有宠物 我不能… |
[23:34] | or get a friend to stay with you. | 或者叫个朋友跟你同住 |
[23:43] | I’ve been sitting in that chair as Santa for eight years, | 我做圣诞老人做了8年 |
[23:46] | and I have been an exemplary Santa. | 而且我是模范圣诞老人 |
[23:49] | People will tell you, | 人们会告诉你 |
[23:50] | even if they don’t shop at Gordon’s, | 即使不需要在Gordon’s里购物 |
[23:52] | they come to see me. | 他们也会专门来看我 |
[23:54] | For how many of those eight years have you been dressing as a woman? | 你穿女人衣服的情况持续几年了? |
[23:57] | All of them. | 一直都在穿 |
[23:58] | And in all this time, | 这么多年以来 |
[24:00] | had your cross-dressing ever been an issue at work? | 你的易装癖有没有影响到你的工作? |
[24:03] | No, I was always in the Santa costume. | 不 我是要穿圣诞老人服装的 |
[24:06] | People never even knew. | 人们根本不知道 |
[24:07] | It was always my intention to keep my worlds separate. | 我一直努力把我的生活和工作分开 |
[24:12] | So, it’s been my secret. | 所以 这是我的秘密 |
[24:15] | But your secret got out. | 但你的秘密被人知道了 |
[24:18] | Last week I had a boy in my lap, 8 years old. | 上周 有个8岁的小男孩坐在我腿上 |
[24:21] | I asked him what he wanted for Christmas. | 我问他想要什么圣诞礼物 |
[24:24] | He said, “Santa, please make me normal.” | 他说 “圣诞老人 请把我变成正常人吧” |
[24:29] | He was starting to cry as he said it. | 他边说边哭了起来 |
[24:31] | – He said, “make me normal”. – Yes, he said, um, | – 他说 “把我变成正常人” – 是 嗯 |
[24:35] | he said he was sick. | 他说他有病 |
[24:36] | He said that he liked to wear girls’ clothes, | 他说他喜欢穿女孩子的衣服 |
[24:38] | and he was sure he’d go to hell. | 而且很确信自己会因此下地狱 |
[24:43] | And I said, | 我说 |
[24:45] | “Son, you’re not alone. | “孩子 不是只有你这样 |
[24:49] | And you’re not sick.” | 而且你没病” |
[24:52] | And I told him about me. | 接着我告诉他我也是易装癖 |
[24:56] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 |
[25:02] | So, while on the job, | 所以 在你工作的时候 |
[25:04] | you told an 8-year-old boy that Santa is a cross-dresser? | 你告诉一个8岁的男孩子圣诞老人是个易装癖? |
[25:12] | Yes. | 是的 |
[25:19] | Did the judge rule? | 法官宣判了吗? |
[25:20] | No, miraculously, I persuaded him to let me give a final statement, | 没有 令我惊讶的是 他居然答应让我做一个最后陈述 |
[25:23] | though I have no idea what to say. | 不过我真不知道要说什么 |
[25:25] | The fact that he told a child he’s a cross-dresser… | 他告诉一个孩子自己是异装癖的事情… |
[25:29] | I never should have put him on the stand. | 我真不该让他亲自作证 (证人必须接受双方律师的询问) |
[25:31] | I’ve got to somehow make this a gay issue. | 我得想办法把这个案子弄成同性恋歧视问题 |
[25:34] | Personally, I think you’ll look very sexy in the elf outfit. | 个人来说 我觉得你穿精灵装会很性感 |
[25:37] | I have no doubt, yet I don’t wanna lose. | 我也这样想 但我还是不想输 |
[25:39] | I’ve grown attached to this Santa. | 我开始喜欢这个圣诞老人了 |
[25:41] | Brad seems pretty happy. | Brad看起来很高兴 |
[25:43] | Does he have reason? | 你知道为什么吗? |
[25:44] | Denny, you said if I ever had another Hail Mary emergency, | Denny 你说过如果我又遇到惊天的大麻烦 |
[25:47] | – you’d make the call. – Really. | – 你会打电话找人帮忙 – 没错 |
[25:49] | Are you sure? | 你确定? |
[25:51] | I need you to make the call. | 请打那个电话吧 |
[25:52] | – And what’s this about? – It’s extremely delicate. | – 怎么回事? – 事情很微妙 |
[25:54] | Though privilege typically extends to the whole firm, | 虽然保密原则一般可延伸为整个事务所的范围 |
[25:57] | I have assured him that this would go no further than you and me. | 但我向他保证过 这事只有你我二人知道 |
[26:00] | Okay. | 好的 |
[26:02] | Meet Brian Stevens. Brian, this is the attorney I… | 这是Brian Stevens Brian 这是我向你说过的律师… |
[26:09] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[26:10] | – This is your client? – You’re an attorney? | – 这是你的当事人? – 你是个律师? |
[26:12] | Um, yes. | 嗯 对 |
[26:13] | You said you were a doctor! | 你说你是个医生! |
[26:15] | What the hell is going on? | 怎么回事? |
[26:18] | Uh, Paul, we have a conflict. | 呃 Paul 我们有利益冲突了 |
[26:20] | I represent the therapist who was treating Mr. Stevens. | 我是Stevens先生的心理医生的律师 |
[26:23] | She’s the one who went to my ex-wife. | 她就是去跟我前妻说的人 |
[26:25] | She’s the one who told Mary I planned on killing her. | 就是她告诉Mary我准备杀了她 |
[26:28] | She pretended to be a doctor! | 她还装成个医生! |
[26:47] | He can see you for about five minutes. | 他有五分钟可以和你谈 |
[26:48] | – After that, his day is completely… – Five minutes is more than enough. | – 在那之后 他今天就没… – 五分钟足够了 |
[26:52] | You can go in. | 那你进去吧 |
[26:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:58] | Thank you so much for agreeing to see me. | 谢谢您能见我 |
[27:00] | My name is Alan Shore, and I… | 我叫Alan Shore 我… |
[27:10] | Go. | 说吧 |
[27:11] | My name is Alan Shore. Perhaps you’ll remember… | 我叫Alan Shore 您可能记得… |
[27:15] | Everyone has a name, son. | 每个人都有名字 孩子 |
[27:17] | I’m not interested in yours. | 我对你的名字不感兴趣 |
[27:19] | You have five minutes because you know him. | 你能得到这五分钟是因为你认识他 |
[27:25] | Bill Clinton? | 比尔·克林顿? |
[27:31] | Ah, well, you’ll remember at the behest of Mr. Crane, | 啊 那您一定记得在Crane先生的请求下 |
[27:35] | you made an appearance in one of my cases | 您曾在我的一个案子里露过面 |
[27:37] | involving an African American little orphan Annie, | 是有关一个非裔美国孤儿Annie的 |
[27:40] | and you were extremely effective. | 您当时帮了大忙 |
[27:42] | “Give us a black Spider-man, | “给我们一个黑人蜘蛛侠吧 |
[27:44] | give us a black Superman who can leap tall buildings” | 给我们一个能在高楼间跳跃的黑人超人吧” |
[27:47] | all the big icons. | 您说了好多代表性人物 |
[27:49] | Now I have another case, | 现在我又有一个案子 |
[27:51] | featuring a gay man who’s being discriminating against. | 是关于一个被歧视的同性恋的 |
[27:54] | And this one involves the biggest icon of them all, Santa Claus. | 而且关系到一个最大的代表性人物 圣诞老人 |
[28:00] | My problem is the judge. | 问题在于那个法官 |
[28:02] | His tiny brain has been calcified by intolerance. | 他那小脑袋被偏见思想锈死了 |
[28:07] | However, he’s certainly a slave to public opinion, as judges tend to be. | 当然 他也跟法官一样 会受公众意见影响 |
[28:11] | But I can’t really move the public. | 但我没法动摇公众意见 |
[28:14] | You can. | 您却可以 |
[28:16] | Do you understand what I’m asking? | 您明白我想说的吗? |
[28:18] | You want me to be your rabbit. | 你想让我当你的小白兔(意指杀手锏) |
[28:20] | I want you to be Reverend Al Sharpton in all his massive glory. | 我希望您当一回伟大的Al Sharpton牧师(著名黑人牧师) |
[28:24] | I want you to charge in there, | 您走到那里去 发表演讲 |
[28:26] | say “Give us a gay Santa claus,” | 说”给我们一个同性恋圣诞老人” |
[28:28] | – and button it with three “God Almighties”. – Stop. | – 最后以三声”上帝万能”结束 – 停 |
[28:33] | I don’t do things big. I’m subtle. | 我不用扯上上帝 我很有说服力的 |
[28:36] | Yes. Three god almighties. | 好的 三声就够了 |
[28:39] | Look, I’ve written it all out for you. | 您看 我都给您写出来了 |
[28:44] | Give that a look-see. | 您看看 |
[28:45] | I’ve seen you move mountains, reverend. | 牧师 我见过您更伟大的演讲 |
[28:48] | I need you to move this one tiny-brain judge. | 我只要您打动这么个顽固的法官就够 |
[28:53] | Please. | 拜托 |
[28:58] | Pretty please. | 求求您了 |
[29:02] | Denny Crane. | 看在Denny Crane的份上 |
[29:09] | – You got Sharpton? – I don’t know. | – 你把Sharpton牧师叫来了? – 我不知道 |
[29:11] | He said he’d think about it. | 他说要考虑看看 |
[29:12] | Does he just do this kind of thing now, for lawyers? | 他是不是现在专门给律师干这种事情? |
[29:14] | He does it for Denny. Let’s hope he does it for me. | 他是看在Denny的面子上 希望他也能看在我求他的份上 |
[29:17] | All set? | 准备好了? |
[29:21] | You don’t want me to miss the ruling, do you? | 你不会想让我错过宣判吧? |
[29:24] | Got the costume. | 我拿到服装了 |
[29:36] | My god, | 我的上帝 |
[29:37] | to impersonate a doctor. | 你假冒医生 |
[29:41] | I thought a human life was at stake, and I didn’t know… | 人命关天啊 我不知道会… |
[29:43] | It doesn’t matter, Lori. | 这不重要 Lori |
[29:46] | You’re suddenly gonna start playing Solomon | 在你觉得应该的时候 |
[29:49] | and break rules, sacred rules, | 你就可以自作聪明违反法律 |
[29:52] | whenever you see fit? | 违反神圣的法律? |
[29:54] | I could be disbarred for this. | 我也有可能被吊销资格证的 |
[29:57] | You? Why? | 你? 为什么? |
[29:59] | For not turning you in. | 因为没有检举你 |
[30:03] | I’m sorry, Paul, I just… | 对不起 Paul 我只是… |
[30:05] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[30:07] | I think it’s this Alan Shore character. | 我觉得这是Alan Shore的行事风格 |
[30:09] | – Ever since he got here… – This has nothing to do with Alan Shore. | – 他一来到这儿… – 这事跟Alan Shore没关系 |
[30:11] | I’m not influenced by him. | 我没有受他影响 |
[30:13] | You used to be influenced by me. | 你本来应当跟我的步调走的 |
[30:18] | Tell me what you want me to do. | 告诉我我该怎么做 |
[30:20] | I’ll resign if… | 我可以辞职 如果… |
[30:22] | just tell me what you want. | 你就说吧 |
[30:24] | First, I want you to apologize to Mr. Stevens. | 首先 我要你去跟Stevens先生道歉 |
[30:27] | – I did that. – Well, you need to do it again, | – 我道歉了啊 – 再道一次 |
[30:29] | and hope to god he doesn’t sue us. | 然后祈祷他不会起诉我们 |
[30:39] | How long have you known this man, Paul? | 你认识他多久了 Paul? |
[30:41] | Years, only through work. | 很多年了 都是业务上的关系 |
[30:46] | But he doesn’t strike me as being capable of violence, | 但我印象中 他不像是会从事暴力行为的人 |
[30:49] | if that’s what you’re asking. | 如果你想问这个的话 |
[30:54] | I’ll get him back in here. | 我让他进来 |
[30:56] | And on the chance that he could be violent, | 不过以免他在你道歉时 |
[30:59] | when you apologize, | 真的行为失控 |
[31:01] | I will be in the room. | 我也会在这 |
[31:07] | And for the sake of humoring me, | 还有 就当照顾照顾我 |
[31:10] | let’s stay completely away from Alan Shore. | 别和Alan Shore混到一起 |
[31:28] | What’s all the media doing here? | 这些媒体在这儿干什么? |
[31:30] | I have no idea. | 不知道 |
[31:32] | All rise. | 起立 |
[31:36] | – Uh-oh. – What? | – 啊哦 – 怎么了? |
[31:39] | We’re 10 minutes early. | 我们来早了10分钟 |
[31:52] | Please be seated. | 请坐 |
[31:58] | Mr. Phillips, have you got anything to say before I listen to him? | Phillips先生 在我听他陈述之前你还有什么想说的吗? |
[32:05] | Mr. Furnald was fired | Furnald先生被解雇了 |
[32:07] | mainly because my clients feared he’d share his secret proclivity with a child, | 因为我的当事人怕他会跟小孩子们讲述他的怪癖 |
[32:12] | which, by his own testimony, | 而根据他的证词 |
[32:15] | is exactly what he did. | 他也的确这么做过 |
[32:22] | I object to that summation. It was entirely too short. | 我反对他的结案陈词 太短了 |
[32:25] | – What? – I’m only worried for you, Your Honor. | – 什么? – 我是为您担心 法官大人 |
[32:28] | If you’re inclined to rule against us, | 如果您要判我们败诉 |
[32:30] | he’s got to at least give you a good argument to hang your hat on. | 至少他应该提供充分的理由 让您可以依据 |
[32:33] | So, it looks good to all this media. | 那样才能不被媒体们抓到把柄 |
[32:38] | Did you notice the media here? | 您看见那些媒体了吗? |
[32:41] | Are you on drugs? | 你是不是嗑药了? |
[32:43] | You’ve got 30 seconds. | 你有30秒钟陈述时间 |
[32:45] | That’s what I was afraid of. | 真是怕什么来什么 |
[32:49] | Your Honor, the child in question, | 法官大人 对方提到的那个孩子 |
[32:52] | who my client shared his secret with, that child was in pain. | 我的当事人对他讲过自己的秘密 因为那孩子当时很沮丧 |
[32:55] | Being a good Santa Claus, | 作为一个好的圣诞老人 |
[32:57] | Gil Furnald sought to relieve that pain. | Gil Furnald开导他 安慰他 |
[33:00] | By telling him he was a homosexual? | 说出自己是同性恋来安慰那孩子? |
[33:03] | Those three little words again. | 又来了 |
[33:06] | He did not tell the boy he was gay. | 他没有说自己是同志 |
[33:09] | He only said that he also liked to dress in female attire. | 他只说自己也喜欢穿女人的衣服 |
[33:11] | Why does he keep looking back here? | 他干嘛老往这边看? |
[33:13] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[33:15] | He encouraged the boy not to feel that he was sick. | 他想让那男孩相信自己没病 |
[33:18] | He urged him not to feel alone. | 让他不要觉得孤独 |
[33:20] | It was a one-time occurrence | 那是他为了与这孩子交心 |
[33:22] | strictly intended to speak to the heart of this one child. | 所进行的偶尔一次的坦白 |
[33:26] | There is no evidence that this man has committed any wrongdoing, | 没有证据证明他有任何不当行为 |
[33:29] | nor is there any compelling evidence | 也没有有力证据证明 |
[33:31] | that cross-dressers are inherently lascivious, | 易装癖者就一定淫荡下流 |
[33:33] | and the defendant knows that. | 被告也是知道的 |
[33:35] | Cross-dressing is but a pretext | 易装癖只是被告 |
[33:37] | that the defendant has hung its hat on | 借以解雇Gil Furnald的一个借口 |
[33:39] | to disguise the fact that Gil Furnald was terminated because he is gay. | 真正的原因是他是同性恋 |
[33:43] | Last time I checked, it was not a firing offense for | 据我所知 员工的性取向不能成为 |
[33:45] | a civilian to be either ho, mo, or sexual. | 解雇员工的理由 |
[33:48] | All right, already, I’ve heard enough. | 好吧 双方的意见我都明白了 |
[33:49] | – I’m going to rule on this. – You can’t rule yet. | – 我现在宣判 – 您还不能宣判 |
[33:52] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[33:52] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[33:54] | Well, what if, say, some big celebrity were to come charging through the door? | 如果 比方说 有个大名人要来呢? |
[33:59] | Sorry I’m late, Judge, I’ll make this quick. | 对不起 我迟到 法官 我会速战速决的 |
[34:01] | And subtle. | 要保证精彩 |
[34:02] | Who the hell are you? | 你是哪位啊? |
[34:04] | The image of Santa Claus has been crafted | 很多很多年以前 圣诞老人的形象 |
[34:06] | for hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of years. | 已经定型了 |
[34:10] | We’re supposed to be in a different day. | 时代需要改变 |
[34:12] | Give the world a black Santa Claus. | 请给我们一个黑人圣诞老人吧 |
[34:16] | Let the people have an African American | 让一个非裔美国人 |
[34:18] | come down the chimney bearing joy and good will. | 带着幸福快乐从烟囱下来吧 |
[34:23] | Gay, not black. | 同性恋 不是黑人 |
[34:26] | The prejudice against gay people must stop. | 对同性恋的歧视必须停止 |
[34:28] | We all say we’re for gay rights, | 我们总说我们尊重同性恋的权利 |
[34:31] | we all say we accept homosexuality. | 我们总说接受同性恋 |
[34:34] | But give a gay man a hug, | 但给他们一个拥抱吧 |
[34:35] | – sit in his lap… – Who is this man? | – 坐在他的大腿上吧… – 这人是谁? |
[34:37] | Let the bells of tolerance ring out this Christmas. | 让包容的铃声响彻圣诞夜 |
[34:41] | Let people open their minds as they open their presents underneath the tree. | 让人们在圣诞树下拆开礼物的同时 也能敞开他们的心扉 |
[34:46] | We need your mind, Judge, today. | 我们需要您的开明 法官大人 就现在 |
[34:48] | Let the gay man be my brother, | 让同性恋成为我的兄弟 |
[34:51] | be your brother, | 你的兄弟 |
[34:52] | be the school teacher, | 成为教师 |
[34:54] | be the construction worker. | 成为建筑工人 |
[34:56] | Give the world a gay Santa Claus, | 让世界拥有一个同性恋圣诞老人 |
[34:59] | God Almighty, God Almighty, God Almighty. | 上帝万能 上帝万能 上帝万能 |
[35:02] | Leave out the cookies and the milk this Christmas Eve | 今年平安夜 请拿出你的牛奶和饼干 |
[35:06] | for a holly jolly homosexual, God Almighty. | 让同性恋者与你一同分享吧 上帝万能 |
[35:11] | And cut. | 好了 卡 |
[35:20] | I threw in one extra. | 我还多送你一句 |
[35:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:51] | One of the reasons why I’ve been such an even-tempered business man | 我之所以能成为一个脾气不错的商人 |
[35:53] | is because I’ve been able to find an outlet, | 是因为我有一个发泄渠道 |
[35:56] | a safe confidential outlet with my therapist. | 在我心理医生那里的安全保密的发泄渠道 |
[35:59] | But you must admit, threatening to kill your ex-wife like this, it is… | 但您必须承认 威胁说要杀你前妻 像这种… |
[36:02] | Ms. Colson, I’ve been in therapy since I was 16. | Colson小姐 我从16岁起就接受心理治疗 |
[36:05] | I spent most of those sessions planning on how to kill my father. | 我那时大部分治疗时间都花在计划杀我爸爸上 |
[36:08] | They’re rants. | 那只是发泄 |
[36:09] | They help me get the anger out. | 他们帮助我平复愤怒 |
[36:12] | This is gonna ruin me. | 这会毁了我 |
[36:13] | Mary acts on hysteria. | Mary表现得歇斯底里 |
[36:16] | She’s gonna panic, and this is going to get out. | 她会抓狂 会说出去的 |
[36:20] | Let us talk to Mary. | 让我们跟Mary解释 |
[36:22] | Perhaps we can settle her down. | 也许我们能让她平静下来 |
[36:24] | I’ll lose my job if this goes public. | 这件事泄露出去 我会失去工作的 |
[36:27] | Let us try to unring this bell a little. | 我们会努力让它平息下来 |
[36:31] | Okay. | 好的 |
[36:37] | We need to fix this. | 我们要想办法补救 |
[36:39] | How? | 怎么补救? |
[36:40] | We go to the wife, and we explain that you overreacted. | 我们去跟他妻子说是你反应过度了 |
[36:43] | She saw the tape for herself, Paul. It’s not gonna… | 她自己也看了那卷带子 Paul 不可能… |
[36:45] | We further explain that people say things | 那我们就继续解释 说有时候 |
[36:48] | to their therapists that sometimes… | 人们会对心理医生说一些… |
[36:49] | We did that. | 我们说了 |
[36:50] | Well, we’ll do it again. | 我们只有再说一次 |
[36:52] | – Where does she live? – Weston. | – 她住哪里? – Weston |
[36:54] | We’ll leave here at 5:00. | 我们五点出发 |
[37:18] | I don’t wanna talk about it. | 我不想谈这个 |
[37:22] | You won? | 你赢了? |
[37:24] | Judge Hingham, horror that he is, | Hingham法官虽然可怕 |
[37:26] | bowed to public sentiment and reinstated Gil as Santa. | 还是要向公众意见低头 Gil又可以回去做圣诞老人了 |
[37:32] | And, if you don’t mind, | 还有 如果你不介意 |
[37:34] | I would like to get back to work as soon as I can. | 我也希望能尽快回去工作 |
[37:36] | Could I steal you for just a minute in private? | 我能和你单独说几句吗? |
[37:40] | Sure. | 当然 |
[37:51] | Listen, um, | 听着 嗯 |
[37:53] | thank you, | 谢谢 |
[37:55] | not just for getting my job back, but, | 不只是因为你为我赢回工作 还有 |
[37:57] | well, it’s not often that you meet a lawyer | 很难得能见到像你这样 |
[37:59] | with a soft spot for cross-dressers. | 不歧视易装癖者的律师 |
[38:02] | Well, now you have, Mr. Furnald. | 现在你见到了 Furnald先生 |
[38:04] | It wasn’t that so much. | 这没什么 |
[38:06] | It’s just from everything I’ve heard, you are a magnificent Santa Claus. | 所有我听到的事情都证明 你是个很棒的圣诞老人 |
[38:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:14] | You’re quite welcome. | 你太客气了 |
[38:28] | I guess you should take the lead with her since you know her. | 我想既然你认识她 你来主导谈话吧 |
[38:30] | I also know her lawyer. | 我还认识她的律师 |
[38:32] | All I can say is I hope she hasn’t contacted him yet. | 我只能说 希望她还没有联系过律师 |
[38:35] | Because if he should get a hold of this… | 因为如果让他知道了这事… |
[38:38] | What the… | 这是… |
[38:46] | Dear god, no. | 上帝啊 不 |
[39:05] | What happened? | 发生了什么事? |
[39:05] | Homicide. The ex-husband just showed up, and… | 杀人案 她前夫来了 然后… |
[39:08] | Where is he? He’s represented. | 他人呢? 我是他的律师 |
[39:10] | I don’t think a lawyer’s gonna help him, counsel. | 他有律师也没用了 |
[39:12] | I want to speak with him. | 我想跟他谈谈 |
[39:14] | I don’t think that’s gonna happen, either. | 我想不行 |
[39:15] | He’s over there. | 他在那儿 |
[39:23] | What, what happened? | 怎么了 发生了什么? |
[39:25] | He showed up. She says he came here to kill her, | 他来了 她说他是来杀她的 |
[39:29] | said she fired in self-defense. | 出于自卫 就开枪了 |
[39:41] | Mary… | Mary啊… |
[39:47] | Am I gonna need a lawyer? | 我是不是需要个律师? |
[39:51] | What happened? | 发生了什么事? |
[39:53] | He showed up, | 他到这儿来 |
[39:56] | said we needed to talk. | 说要谈谈 |
[39:58] | I didn’t trust it, you know, after what I saw on that tape. | 我不相信他 因为我看过那盘带子 |
[40:03] | I got the gun out of the drawer, | 我从抽屉里拿出枪 |
[40:04] | told him to leave. | 让他离开 |
[40:06] | He said he just wanted to talk. | 他说他只是想谈谈 |
[40:08] | I told him, “Get out.” | 我说”出去” |
[40:13] | And then he started walking toward me. | 但他反而向我走来 |
[40:16] | And you shot him. | 然后你开枪了 |
[40:22] | He was gonna kill me, right? | 他是要来杀我 对吧? |
[40:26] | You told me. | 是你告诉我的 |
[40:29] | He was gonna strangle me. | 他想掐死我 |
[40:34] | Promise me I had to do it. | 你向我保证 我必须这么做 |
[40:37] | Promise me. | 向我保证 |