时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:34] | Give me the money. | 把钱给我 |
[00:35] | Let’s go. Come on, come on, hurry up. | 快点快点 别磨蹭 |
[00:36] | You do what I say, you’re not gonna get hurt. | 按我说的做 别自找麻烦 |
[00:38] | – Go, come on. – Okay, okay. | – 快点 – 好的 好的 |
[00:41] | Come on, come on, let’s go. | 快点 快点 把钱拿来 |
[01:35] | I should go. | 我该走了 |
[01:38] | Why? | 为什么? |
[01:40] | Because it’s 5:00 a.m.. | 因为已经早上五点了 |
[01:43] | I really should go. | 我真的得走了 |
[01:46] | Early meeting? | 有早会吗? |
[01:48] | I need… | 我要… |
[01:55] | I need to go home. | 我要先回家 |
[01:57] | I need to change my clothes. | 然后换身衣服 |
[02:00] | I need to check my mail. | 检查一下邮件 |
[02:04] | I need to feed my cat. | 还要喂我的猫 |
[02:10] | I’m gonna be so late for work. | 我肯定要迟到了 |
[02:12] | I’ll write you a note. | 我会帮你写张假条 |
[02:39] | – Good morning. – You’re late. | – 早上好 – 你迟到了 |
[02:41] | Missed morning roll call, did I? | 我错过点名了 对吧? |
[02:42] | We had the Satchik deposition at 9:00. | 我们9点的时候做了Satchik的笔录 |
[02:45] | Oh, god, Lori, forgive me. | 哦天 我忘了 真对不起 Lori |
[02:46] | I called you three or four times. Where were you? | 我打了三四次你的电话 你到哪去了? |
[02:49] | In the shower. | 我在洗澡 |
[02:52] | New shampoo? | 用了新的洗发水? |
[02:55] | – Excuse me? – Your hair smells a little different. | – 什么? – 你的头发闻起来和以前不太一样 |
[02:58] | I’m always on the lookout for a new conditioner, so I’m a bit of a serial hair sniffer. | 我一直想换护发素 所以经常注意别人头发的味道 |
[03:03] | I, I use, um, | 我 我同时在用 |
[03:05] | several different shampoos. I’m not sure which one I used today. | 几种不同的洗发水 不记得今天用的是哪个了 |
[03:08] | Anything else? | 还有事吗? |
[03:09] | No. | 没了 |
[03:11] | I like this jacket. | 我喜欢你的夹克 |
[03:14] | I liked it more yesterday. | 不过更喜欢昨天的它 |
[03:17] | Good morning. Tara, looking even lovelier than ever. | 早上好 Tara 你看起来比以往更美 |
[03:21] | Lori, looking … | Lori 你看起来… |
[03:23] | at your watch. | 在看表 |
[03:33] | It’s Lori Colson. | 我是Lori Colson |
[03:35] | Lori. Hey, it’s me. It’s Michael Shea. | Lori 嘿 是我啊 Michael Shea |
[03:38] | Michael, what’s wrong? Where are you? | Michael 怎么了? 你在哪儿? |
[03:42] | Listen, I’m at Boston General. | 听着 我在波士顿总医院 |
[03:44] | I’m in the emergency room, all right? I got… | 我在急救室 听见吗? 我被… |
[03:46] | – Somebody shot me. – What? | – 有人开枪打了我 – 什么? |
[03:48] | Listen, I’m gonna explain to you when you get here, but | 听着 你来了我再向你解释 但是 |
[03:50] | could you just please hurry? | 你能不能快点过来? |
[03:53] | There’s cops all over the place. I think one of the doctors must’ve called them, | 这儿来了很多警察 肯定有哪个医生报了警 |
[03:56] | but they’re asking me all sorts of questions. | 关键是 他们不停地问我问题 |
[03:58] | – Could you just hurry? – Okay, look, don’t say anything. | – 你能不能快点赶过来? – 好 听着 什么都别说 |
[04:00] | I’m on my way. I’ll be right there. | 我现在就过去 马上到 |
[04:05] | Boston Legal 1×07 Questionable Characters | |
[04:46] | Help you? | 你有什么事? |
[04:47] | I need to see Michael Shea. | 我要见Michael Shea |
[04:48] | – You family? – I’m his attorney. | – 你是他的家人吗? – 我是他的律师 |
[04:50] | I understand you’ve been questioning my client. | 我知道你们在审问我的当事人 |
[04:53] | Take it up with the A.D.A. | 跟地方检察官说去吧 |
[04:54] | Lori Colson. | Lori Colson啊 |
[04:56] | So it is true. | 看来是真的啊 |
[04:57] | – You’ve switched to the dark side. – Mark, where’s Michael Shea? | – 你开始帮坏人了 – Mark Michael Shea在哪儿? |
[05:00] | Mr. Shea is indisposed at the moment. Genius got himself shot in the chest. | Shea先生现在不能见你 他胸口中了枪 |
[05:03] | He called me less than 10 minutes ago. He asked for counsel. | 他刚刚才打过电话给我 说他要见律师 |
[05:06] | – He didn’t ask me. – Are you charging him? | – 他可没跟我说 – 你要起诉他吗? |
[05:08] | Not yet. | 还不准备 |
[05:09] | – We’re still investigating. – Investigating what? | – 我们还在调查中 – 调查什么? |
[05:11] | – I don’t need to tell you that. – If he’s not arrested, I can see him. | – 我没义务告诉你 – 如果他没被逮捕 我就能见他 |
[05:13] | I don’t need to tell you that. | 这不用我告诉你吧 |
[05:16] | Well, look, your client’s on his way to surgery right now. | 你看 你的当事人正在去手术室的途中 |
[05:18] | You’re welcome to see him as soon as he’s out. | 只要他做完手术你就能见他 |
[05:23] | Michael! | 喂 Michael! |
[05:24] | Michael Shea, can you hear me? | Michael Shea 能听见我说话吗? |
[05:26] | Lori? That’s my lawyer right there. | Lori? 我的律师来了 |
[05:28] | Hey, could you let her in, please? | 你能让她进来吗? |
[05:30] | You heard him, Mark. These people are witnesses. | 你听见了 Mark 这些人可都是证人 |
[05:38] | Lori. | Lori啊 |
[05:39] | Can you give us a minute? | 能让我们单独谈谈吗? |
[05:41] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[05:47] | – Michael, what is going on? – I didn’t do anything, okay? | – Michael 怎么回事? – 我什么都没做 好吗? |
[05:50] | You got shot, Michael. The police are here. | 你被枪击了 Michael 连警察都来了 |
[05:52] | Lori, I was walking home, a guy comes out of nowhere. | Lori 我当时正往家走 一个人跳了出来 |
[05:55] | I just, I didn’t wanna give up my money. | 我只是 我不想把钱给他 |
[05:58] | – He shot me. – Michael, | – 他就开枪了 – Michael |
[05:59] | the police think you’re a suspect, not a victim. | 警察认为你是犯罪嫌疑人 而不是受害者 |
[06:01] | If you did something, look at me. | 如果你做了什么 看着我 |
[06:04] | I need you to tell me the truth. | 我需要你说真话 |
[06:06] | Lori, I didn’t do anything, okay? | Lori 我真的什么都没做 好吗? |
[06:10] | I swear. | 我发誓 |
[06:28] | Docket ending 477, People versus Walter Mack. | 477号诉讼案 人民公诉Walter Mack |
[06:32] | Your Honor, while this case is marked for trial, | 法官大人 虽然这宗案件将要进入庭审 |
[06:34] | in fact, the defendant would like to accept a plea. | 但是 被告人愿意认罪 |
[06:37] | Is that so? | 这样吗? |
[06:38] | The people have offered reckless endangerment. | 检察院要求其承认危害公共安全罪 |
[06:40] | In exchange, we’d recommend probation. | 作为认罪条件 我们建议判处缓刑 |
[06:42] | That’s a reduced charge. You’re aware of that? | 你的控诉减轻了 你明白吗? |
[06:44] | Yes, Your Honor. | 是的 法官大人 |
[06:46] | Up here, both of you. | 你们两个到这里来 |
[06:53] | I don’t like this. | 我不喜欢这样 |
[06:55] | Your office gets behind so you just let criminals walk? | 检察院证据不够 就想把罪犯放了? |
[06:58] | It’s reassuring to see that you haven’t formed any conclusions | 看来您还没对我的当事人是否有罪得出结论 |
[07:01] | about my client’s guilt or innocence. | 真是令人安心哪 |
[07:04] | You know what my mother always says? | 知道我妈妈经常说什么吗? |
[07:05] | “If it smells funny, I’m not eating it.” | “如果这东西闻起来很奇怪 我就不会吃它” |
[07:08] | Exact opposite of my motto. | 和我的座右铭正好相反 |
[07:12] | – This deal smells funny. – If I may, Your Honor, | – 这个案子就很奇怪 – 容我说一句 法官大人 |
[07:14] | the object here is to enhance the quality of life | 这件案子是为了提高Mack先生的租客们的生活质量 |
[07:17] | for the tenants in Mr. Mack’s building, and he is prepared to make considerable… | 而他本人也已经同意做出很大的… |
[07:21] | No, the object here is to send a message to every landlord in Boston, | 不 这件案子的目标是向波士顿的每一个房东发出警告 |
[07:25] | treat people like animals, we will cage you like one. | 如果你把别人当做动物来对待 我们会把你也关进笼子里 |
[07:30] | I don’t mean to pry, your honor, but is everything okay at home? | 我不是想打探您的隐私 但是法官大人 您家里没什么事吧? |
[07:34] | Step back, both of you. | 你们俩回去吧 |
[07:41] | Mr. Mack, | Mack先生 |
[07:44] | I’ll accept your plea under one condition. | 我可以接受你的认罪 但有一个条件 |
[07:46] | You are to build a sign to be worn around your neck, | 你做个牌子挂在脖子上 |
[07:48] | said sign to read, “I am a slumlord” | 上面要写 “我是个坏房东” |
[07:51] | because, sir, that’s what you are. | 因为 先生 你的确是 |
[07:52] | Judge, you don’t know what I’m up against. | 法官大人 你不明白我的处境 |
[07:55] | The elevator in the Green street building, | 格林大街那个公寓里的电梯 |
[07:57] | some kids blew up the electrical system just for fun. | 那些小孩觉得好玩 就故意把它弄坏 |
[08:00] | I paint over their graffiti, it’s back that day. | 他们乱涂乱画的东西 我每次用油漆刷掉 当天就又有了 |
[08:04] | I’m doing the best I can, truly I am. | 我真的 已经做了力所能及的一切 |
[08:07] | You are to stand in front of your Green street property | 你要挂着那个牌子 在格林大街公寓前面 |
[08:09] | wearing said sign for no less than four continuous hours. | 至少连续站满四个小时 |
[08:12] | Your Honor, I cannot allow my client to be subjected | 法官大人 我不能让我的当事人接受 |
[08:14] | to an extrajudicial penalty whose only purpose is to humiliate. | 超越法庭职权的处罚 您的目的纯粹是羞辱他 |
[08:19] | Well, get used to it, Mr. Shore. | 那就开始习惯吧 Shore先生 |
[08:20] | This is nothing new. | 这又不是没有先例的 |
[08:22] | From the top of my head, I can remember the case of a woman | 比如说 我记得在一个案子里 |
[08:24] | who didn’t strap her daughter into a car seat. | 母亲没有给她女儿系安全带 |
[08:26] | The judge made her write a mock obituary for the child. | 法官让她给女儿写了个假讣告 |
[08:29] | A drunk-driving defendant was forced to put a warning sign on his car. | 有一个醉酒驾车被告人被判在车上挂一个警示牌 |
[08:33] | A woman was ordered to place an ad in the paper admitting | 有一个女人被判在报纸上登一则广告 |
[08:36] | that she had bought drugs. | 承认自己买过毒品 |
[08:38] | Tell me, | 告诉我 |
[08:39] | when did it become wrong to feel scorn for a criminal? | 什么时候起蔑视罪犯都成了错事? |
[08:43] | This sentence goes beyond scorn, Your Honor. | 法官大人 首先您的判决不仅仅是蔑视 |
[08:45] | And I have known my client for years, | 而且我与我的当事人相交多年 |
[08:47] | he is not a criminal. | 他也不是一个罪犯 |
[08:48] | I’m not at all interested in your opinion, Mr. Shore. | 我对你的意见没有兴趣 Shore先生 |
[08:51] | You don’t want the deal? | 不想接受这个判决吗? |
[08:52] | Go to trial. | 那就准备开庭吧 |
[08:53] | But if you lose, | 但要是你输了 |
[08:55] | your defendant will go to prison, and deservedly so. | 你的被告人就会进监狱 没人会同情他 |
[08:59] | Talk it over. You have 60 seconds. | 商量一下吧 给你们60秒 |
[09:13] | It’s your call, Walter. | 你选吧 Walter |
[09:19] | I’ll do it. | 我接受 |
[09:21] | In four hours, this will all be over. | 只要四个小时 这一切就都结束了 |
[09:33] | He says he got jumped on the way home. | 他说他在回家途中遭劫了 |
[09:36] | You believe him? | 你相信? |
[09:37] | I have no reason not to. | 我没有理由不信 |
[09:40] | Look, we had a robbery a few blocks away, | 听着 在几个街区以外 有一起抢劫案 |
[09:42] | guy wearing a ski mask. | 抢劫犯带着滑雪面具 |
[09:43] | Owner gets a shot off, hits the guy in the chest. | 店主开了一枪 正中胸口 |
[09:46] | 11 minutes later, your guy shows up here. | 11分钟后 你的当事人就出现在医院里 |
[09:49] | So did two other gunshot victims within the same 20-minute time frame, | 但在20分钟的路程内 还有另外两名枪击受害者 |
[09:52] | both young males. I asked. | 而且都是年轻男子 我问过了 |
[09:54] | Michael Shea doesn’t do stickups. | Michael Shea不会抢劫的 |
[09:56] | You don’t know that. | 你怎么知道 |
[09:57] | We ran his raps. Prior assault, gun possession. | 我们查了他的记录 有企图伤害罪和携带枪支的前科 |
[10:02] | Can I talk to you for a minute? | 我能跟你单独说几句话吗? |
[10:05] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[10:08] | Okay, look, I know this guy. | 好吧 听着 我了解这个人 |
[10:10] | We flipped him on that receiving case. | 在办那宗销赃案子时 我们收买了他 |
[10:12] | – He was your informant? – Yes, for over a year. | – 他是你的线人? – 是 一年多了 |
[10:14] | He was a big help to us, Mark. I don’t think he would do this. | 他很有用 Mark 我觉得他不会做这种事 |
[10:19] | Well, we’re gonna know soon enough. | 我们很快就会知道的 |
[10:21] | Meaning what? | 什么意思? |
[10:23] | The hospital’s under court order. | 医院已经接到了法院的指令 |
[10:24] | When that bullet comes out, it goes to our lab. | 只要子弹一取出来 我们就会拿回去化验 |
[10:26] | If the slug matches the store owner’s gun, | 如果子弹与店主的枪匹配 |
[10:29] | he’s guilty. | 他就有罪 |
[10:44] | You look upset. I can tell these things. | 你看起来很郁闷 我看得出来 |
[10:46] | I’m a people person. | 我很会看人 |
[10:47] | Ever appear before a raving loon named Clark Brown? | 那个满口胡言的疯子法官Clark Brown主审过你的案子吗? |
[10:50] | Many a time. | 很多次 |
[10:51] | Raving Loon. | 确实是个满口胡言的疯子 |
[10:53] | 70 years old, still lives with his mother. | 他都70岁了 还跟妈妈一起住 |
[10:55] | What’d he do to tick you off? | 他怎么把你惹毛了? |
[10:57] | Humiliated a client for reasons of pure bile and sport. | 他完全因为自己的愤怒和心理满足羞辱了我的当事人 |
[11:00] | Said there was a precedent for it. | 还说之前有先例 |
[11:02] | Cited a bunch of cases where the judges shamed the defendant. | 提到一堆法官羞辱被告人的例子 |
[11:07] | Right. How’d you know? | 对啊 你怎么知道? |
[11:08] | Because the judge in all those cases… | 因为那些案子的法官都是… |
[11:11] | Judge Brown. | 他自己 |
[11:13] | Raving Loon. | 满口胡言的疯子 |
[11:18] | They want the bullet? | 他们想要子弹? |
[11:20] | That’s why they’re here, so they can match it against the store owner’s gun. | 他们来这儿就是为了拿走子弹和店主的枪进行比对 |
[11:24] | I don’t feel so good. | 我觉得不太妙 |
[11:26] | Will it match, Michael? What exactly am I dealing with here? | 会匹配吗 Michael? 到底发生了什么事? |
[11:29] | You’re a lucky man, Mr. Shea. | Shea先生 你很幸运 |
[11:31] | If that shot were 6 inches lower, I’d be talking to a corpse. | 如果子弹再向下6英寸 我就只能和尸体说话了 |
[11:36] | So, I’m not dying? | 那么 我不会死了? |
[11:37] | No. You’re stable. | 不 你情况很稳定 |
[11:39] | Once we remove the bullet, you’ll be fine. | 只要我们把子弹拿出来 你就没事了 |
[11:43] | What if you don’t? | 如果不呢? |
[11:45] | Don’t what? | 不干嘛? |
[11:47] | If you don’t remove it. | 不把它拿出来 |
[11:48] | You just said I’m stable, right? | 你刚刚说我情况稳定 对吗? |
[11:51] | For now, but that bullet could puncture your heart wall, Mr. Shea. | 暂时是的 Shea先生 但子弹有可能刺穿你的心壁 |
[11:55] | Okay, well, I think I’ll risk it. | 好吧 看来我要冒这个风险了 |
[11:57] | What do you mean, you’ll risk it? | 什么意思? |
[12:00] | I need a moment with my client. | 我得和我的当事人单独说几句 |
[12:02] | – We have to get him up to surgery. – One quick moment. Thank you. | – 我们必须要给他做手术 – 很快的 谢谢 |
[12:08] | Okay, I’m sorry. | 好吧 对不起 |
[12:11] | – I screwed up. It’s big. – Michael… | – 我搞砸了 很严重 – Michael… |
[12:12] | Lori, you know my record. I’m on probation. | Lori 你知道我的情况 我正在缓刑期 |
[12:15] | They get me for this, I’m going to go back. It’s gonna be 30 years. | 他们要是逮住我 我就得回监狱再待上30年 |
[12:19] | We’re out of time. This removal isn’t optional. | 没时间了 做不做手术不是由你选择的 |
[12:24] | For us it is. | 对我们来说是 |
[12:26] | Step back, please. | 请你退后 |
[12:27] | My client doesn’t consent to this procedure, | 我的当事人不同意进行手术 |
[12:29] | and if you ignore his wishes, | 如果你不顾他的意愿 |
[12:31] | I’m afraid the consequences could be significant for this hospital and you personally. | 无论对医院或你个人 恐怕后果都很严重 |
[12:35] | – You can’t be serious. – Try me. | – 你不是说真的吧 – 你试试看 |
[12:37] | You can patch him up, but that bullet stays where it is. | 你可以缝合伤口 但不能取出子弹 |
[13:01] | I mean, it’s a balancing test, right? | 这是利益平衡测试 对吧? |
[13:03] | Legitimate state interest in recovering probative felony case evidence | 州政府有权取回重罪案件待验证据 |
[13:06] | versus the right to refuse invasive and potentially deadly surgery. | 而公民有权拒绝进行有害或者可能致命的手术 |
[13:10] | I can argue it, maybe even win. | 我可以依据这个抗辩 甚至有可能赢 |
[13:13] | But? | 但是? |
[13:14] | But am I supposed to use all of my legal skills | 但我是不是应该运用我的法律技巧 |
[13:17] | so Michael Shea can leave a bullet in his body and die from it? | 让Michael Shea留一颗子弹在身体里 最后因此死掉 |
[13:19] | Now, the doctor didn’t say he would necessarily die, right? | 现在 医生没有说他一定会死 对吧? |
[13:22] | He said the bullet could puncture the heart wall. | 他说子弹有可能刺穿他的心壁 |
[13:26] | What are you saying, that it’s all right to walk around | 你是说 难道胸腔里带着一颗九毫米的子弹 |
[13:28] | with a 9-millimeter slug in your chest? | 到处活动 也没关系吗? |
[13:30] | Well, as you know, my personal policy is always to remove bullets immediately after I’m shot. | 你知道 我个人呢 中枪后肯定会立即把子弹取出来 |
[13:37] | Lori, | Lori啊 |
[13:39] | is your client competent? | 你的当事人有行为能力吗? |
[13:41] | – I suppose. – Is he being clear in communicating his wishes to you? | – 有吧 – 他在向你表达意愿时是清楚明确的吗? |
[13:45] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:46] | Have you vigorously presented alternative courses to him? | 你有没有主动向他提出可选择的其他方式? |
[13:50] | Paul, I’ve done all of those things. | Paul 这些我都做了 |
[13:53] | Legally, I’m covered. | 法律意义上 我无可指责 |
[13:56] | Am I doing the right thing? | 但我究竟做的对吗? |
[13:58] | You’re doing what your client wants within the bound of the law. | 你做了合法范围内你的当事人要求你做的事 |
[14:01] | End of inquiry. | 说完了 |
[14:10] | Oh, Tara. | 哦 Tara |
[14:12] | There you are. Listen, I need some help. | 你在这儿 听着 我想要你帮忙 |
[14:14] | I just e-mailed you. | 我刚给你发了邮件 |
[14:15] | I went through the transcript and found at least seven places | 我看了笔录 找到了至少七处 |
[14:17] | where Satchik had misrepresented himself. | Satchik说了谎话 |
[14:19] | Oh, no, new case. | 哦 不 新的案子 |
[14:21] | My client has a bullet in his chest and doesn’t want it out. | 我的当事人胸口中弹了 可是他不想把子弹取出来 |
[14:23] | The D.A. will be arguing it’s reasonable search. | 地方检察官会主张 那是合理搜查 |
[14:25] | We need to show otherwise. | 我们要证明那不是 |
[14:28] | There’s a bullet in his chest, and he doesn’t want it out. | 他中了弹 却不想把它取出来 |
[14:31] | It ties him to a crime and 30 years of prison. | 因为子弹是他的犯罪证据 将会使他被判30年 |
[14:35] | As soon as you can. | 赶快腾出时间 |
[14:46] | Again, Mr. Mack, I’m here as a court officer to verify your compliance. | 再说一遍 Mack先生 我作为法庭执法官监督你执行判决的过程 |
[14:51] | As you know, it is judge Brown’s order that you are to walk a distance of 50 feet, | 如你所知 Brown法官判令你走到50英尺外 |
[14:55] | turn, retrace your steps, and turn again, and so forth, for four hours. | 然后转身走回来 然后再转身 来回走四个小时 |
[15:01] | – Do you understand? – I understand. | – 明白了吗? – 我明白 |
[15:13] | No. | 不是吧 |
[15:15] | Oh, ain’t that cute. | 哦 真是可爱 |
[15:17] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[15:19] | Tell us something we don’t know. | 谁不知道似的 |
[15:21] | Hey, take a look at this. | 嗨 看看他啊 |
[15:24] | Hey, you know who that is? | 你知道那是谁吗? |
[15:25] | That’s Walter Mack. | 他是Walter Mack |
[15:27] | Looking good, Walt! | 看起来不错啊 Walt! |
[15:29] | Nice sign! | 好酷的标志! |
[15:30] | You sporting it, bro! | 你好帅啊 兄弟! |
[15:34] | Put a little something-something in it. | 来点动作嘛 |
[15:36] | Come on, smile, Walter! | 来嘛 笑一下 Walter! |
[15:44] | Ooh, that evil look. | 哦 瞧那邪恶的眼神 |
[15:48] | Sidney Poitier wannabe. | 真当自己是Sidney Poitier(好莱坞黑人影星) |
[15:53] | We need the bullet, Your Honor. We can’t prove our case without it, | 法官大人 我们需要那子弹 它是案件的决定性证据 |
[15:56] | – and we’re entitled to retrieve it. – Retrieve it? | – 我们有权拿回它 – 拿回? |
[15:58] | Nice euphemism. | 说的真委婉 |
[15:59] | Judge, they want to take a knife and slice open my client. | 法官大人 他们可是要用刀割开我的当事人 |
[16:02] | – This is a patently unreasonable search. – It is not unreasonable. | – 这明显是不合理的搜查 – 不是不合理 |
[16:04] | Read the cases. The court has to apply a balancing test. | 看看以前的案例 法院必须进行利益平衡测试 |
[16:07] | What exactly am I balancing, Mr. Wells? | 我应该权衡什么呢 Wells先生? |
[16:10] | The, uh, risk in intrusion to the defendant | 权衡 从被告人身上拿证据带来的人身风险 |
[16:13] | against society’s interest in solving this crime. | 和解决案件带来的社会利益 |
[16:15] | The risks, Your Honor, are significant. We’re talking about cutting the skin, | 法官大人 这个风险是巨大的 我们所说的 是切开皮肤 |
[16:18] | extensive probing, retracting the tissue. | 在人体内进行大范围的搜索 然后再缝合肌肉组织 |
[16:20] | Come on. You have the doctor’s statement. | 拜托 我们都听过医生的声明 |
[16:22] | In his words, this is a simple procedure. | 用他的话来说 这就是个简单的小手术 |
[16:24] | You must admit, Miss. Colson, | Colson小姐 你必须承认 |
[16:26] | the law doesn’t protect defendants from all intrusions. | 不是被告人的任何权利都受保护 |
[16:29] | The state can, for example, take blood from a drunk-driving suspect. | 就比如说 执法人可以从醉酒驾驶人身上提取血液 |
[16:33] | Taking blood is a minor intrusion. | 采血只是极小的伤害 |
[16:36] | This is a surgery under general anesthesia, | 这是需要全身麻醉的手术 |
[16:38] | where there are tangible, foreseeable risks. | 并且还具有可预见的有形伤害 |
[16:40] | Cardiac arrest, hypocapnia, hypotension… | 心搏停止 低碳酸血症 低血压… |
[16:42] | Yeah, all of which are hypothetical at best. | 但他们充其量也只是理论上的风险 |
[16:46] | Look at the statistics. He is not in danger. | 看看体检数据 他不会有危险的 |
[16:48] | Your Honor, this is over the line. | 法官大人 这并不合理 |
[16:50] | They want to drug my client until he’s unconscious, | 他们要麻醉我的当事人 让其失去意识 |
[16:52] | then they want to cut him open. | 然后切开他的身体 |
[16:53] | It’s a small incision, recovery is minimal. | 那只是个小切口 很快就会复原 |
[16:55] | If we can force people onto an operating table | 如果我们可以逼别人做手术 在体内搜索证据 |
[16:57] | so the state can trowel for evidence, | 那么维护正当取证程序 |
[16:59] | the Fourth amendment means nothing. | 杜绝非法搜查的宪法第四修正案就没有意义了 |
[17:02] | Sit. Sit. | 坐下 坐下 |
[17:06] | Mr. Wells, other than this bullet, | Wells先生 除了这个子弹 |
[17:08] | do you have anything at all to connect Mr. Shea to this crime? | 你还有其他能够把Shea先生与这个案子联系起来的证据吗? |
[17:12] | Uh, no, Your Honor, but this entire line of argument… | 呃 没有 法官大人 但是我们的争论焦点… |
[17:14] | Well, I suppose I could find probable cause | 我想 仅根据Shea先生受伤的时间和性质 |
[17:16] | based solely on the nature and timing of Mr. Shea’s wound, | 应当能推测出可能造成他受伤的原因 |
[17:20] | – but that wouldn’t be enough here. – If I could just be heard… | – 但那并不足够 – 请让我说明… |
[17:22] | You were heard. The depth and location of the wound, | 我已经听了你的意见 但是伤口的深度和位置带来的危险 |
[17:26] | the use of general anesthesia, the potential for nerve damage, | 使用全身麻醉的风险 还有造成神经系统伤害 |
[17:29] | cardiac arrest, however small, the risks are real. | 和心搏停止的可能性 虽然可能性很小 但风险是存在的 |
[17:34] | I find that kind of intrusion unreasonable. | 我认为这样的搜查是不合理的 |
[17:53] | What’s wrong? What happened? | 怎么了? 出了什么事? |
[17:55] | There’s nothing wrong. | 没事啊 |
[17:57] | Denny, you’re sitting in a jail cell. Something has happened, | Denny 你现在是坐在牢房里 一定有事发生 |
[18:00] | and something is wrong. | 而且不是什么好事 |
[18:11] | I have been arrested for solicitation. | 我因为嫖娼被捕 |
[18:22] | You know, we got no hot water, Walter! | 我们根本没有热水 Walter! |
[18:25] | My mother’s 83 years old! | 我妈妈83岁了! |
[18:27] | For a solid week, she had to walk six flights to go outside! | 整整一星期 她要走楼梯下六层楼出门! |
[18:30] | What do I do? | 我能怎么办? |
[18:31] | Okay, okay, folks, why don’t we all just take a step back and give the man some room? | 好吧 好吧 大伙 大家退后给他让点地方 好吗? |
[18:36] | – Alan, it’s Walter Mack. – Oh, he’s calling somebody. | – Alan 我是Walter Mack – 哦 他在打电话叫人 |
[18:39] | You got to help me out. It’s not safe out here. | 你一定要帮我 我这里很不安全 |
[18:42] | There are a couple of guys who look like gang members who said they were gonna… | 这里有几个人看起来像是混黑社会的 他们说要… |
[18:51] | Nice shot! | 扔得好! |
[18:55] | I need an ambulance. 142 Green. | 这里需要一辆救护车 格林大街142号 |
[19:01] | Send the police now. | 派警察过来 |
[19:06] | Denny, I have an emergency of my own now. | Denny 我现在有点急事 |
[19:08] | A client has been attacked. I need to get going, | 我的一个当事人遭到袭击 我马上得走 |
[19:10] | so you have to tell me what has happened, and you need to do so quickly. | 你必须立刻告诉我发生了什么事 快点 |
[19:19] | Denny, please. | Denny 拜托 |
[19:25] | There are two things I hoped to experience in my lifetime | 我这一生有两件事想要尝试 |
[19:28] | that I was sure I never would. | 但我非常确定它们不可能发生 |
[19:31] | The first was the Red Sox winning the World Series. | 第一件是红袜队赢得世界职业棒球大赛 |
[19:33] | Then when that happened, I thought, “by god, I should experience the other.” | 但他们居然真赢了 所以我想 “哦 天哪 我该试试另一件了” |
[19:38] | The other being a hooker. | 另一件是嫖妓 |
[19:39] | No. | 不 |
[19:40] | I didn’t know she was a prostitute. | 我不知道她是妓女 |
[19:43] | The other was sex with a one-legged woman. | 另一个是和只有一条腿的女人做爱 |
[19:47] | I beg your pardon? | 什么? |
[19:50] | My father, god rest his soul, | 我的父亲 愿上帝令他安息 |
[19:53] | told me the best sex he ever had was with one-legged women. | 告诉过我 他最棒的性爱经历是和一个只有一条腿的女人发生的 |
[19:58] | Something about positional play. | 好像是跟不同的体位有关 |
[20:01] | I always wondered. | 我一直很好奇 |
[20:04] | So there I was, driving down the street, and I saw her. | 所以 我当时开车沿着街走 然后看到了她 |
[20:08] | A woman with long, flowing hair and an incredible, magnificent… | 柔顺的长发 美得让人难以置信的… |
[20:13] | limp. | 断腿 |
[20:15] | So I pulled the car over. | 然后我就停了车 |
[20:16] | I said, “Excuse me, Ma’am, | 我跟她说 “打扰一下 夫人 |
[20:20] | do you have a wooden leg?” | 你有装木质的假肢吗?” |
[20:23] | She said, “Why, do you have one at the moment?” | 她说 “怎么 难道你想卖条给我?” |
[20:27] | I smiled, and I said, “Matter of fact…” | 我就笑了 然后说”事实上…” |
[20:29] | And she said, “I’m expensive.” | 她接着说 “我很贵的” |
[20:32] | So I told her I’d buy her a trip to Belize, first class. | 我就说 我可以请她坐头等舱去Belize旅游 |
[20:39] | She pulled out her badge and arrested me. | 结果 她拿出警徽 逮捕了我 |
[20:43] | Both her legs were real. | 她的两条腿都是真的 |
[20:59] | You thought she had one leg. | 你以为她只有一条腿 |
[21:01] | A trip to Belize is a fair and square deal, Bill. | 一趟Belize之旅是很公道的价格啊 Bill |
[21:03] | Hell, if I had a nickel for every woman I promised to marry in exchange for sex… | 见鬼 要是我给每个用承诺结婚骗上床的女人五分钱… |
[21:09] | actually, I do. | 事实上 我是给过 |
[21:11] | I’m supposed to believe this? | 你让我相信你? |
[21:13] | Your father told you the best sex was to be had with amputees, | 你爸爸告诉你最好的性爱要和截肢者做 |
[21:18] | you saw this woman limping, and you were simply overcome? | 所以你看到一个瘸子女人 就无法自已了? |
[21:24] | You’re leaving out the most important factor, Your Honor. | 法官大人 你漏掉了最重要的一点 |
[21:27] | – Which is? – The Red Sox. | – 什么? – 红袜队 |
[21:30] | For years, many years, they have, | 很多年来 这么多年来 |
[21:33] | at one time or another, made each and every one of us insane. | 他们时不时会让我们球迷发疯 |
[21:38] | Last October, when they lost the seventh game to the Yankees, | 当他们去年十月在第七场输给洋基队后 |
[21:41] | crime went up in this city. | 这个城市的犯罪率都提高了 |
[21:43] | It’s already been predicted we’ll have a flood of August babies next year | 因为庆祝红袜队胜利时 许多人发生性关系导致怀孕 |
[21:48] | from celebration-induced pregnancies. | 现在已经有人预测 我们会在明年八月迎来新生儿高峰 |
[21:50] | The Red Sox make us lose ourselves, | 红袜队让我们迷失了自己 |
[21:54] | and in the wake of that team giving us what | 我们以及我们的父辈祖辈几代人许多年来都期待着 |
[21:58] | our hearts have yearned for all our lives, our parents and grandparents’ lives, | 球队能获得那场胜利 所以在他们取得胜利后 |
[22:03] | we have fallen victim to a delirium that makes us believe anything, | 巨大的喜悦使我们精神错乱 相信一切 |
[22:10] | anything is possible, including, but not limited to, | 相信什么事情都是可能发生的 包括但不限于 |
[22:14] | the notion that god put a fetching one-legged woman in this man’s path | 相信上帝派了一位迷人的残疾女人来到这位男士的面前 |
[22:21] | to commemorate the end of a wretched, horrid curse. | 来庆祝多年来可怕的失败诅咒的终结 |
[22:32] | You know me, Bill. | 你知道我的 Bill |
[22:34] | I have hookers all the time. They come to my house. | 我经常招妓 但我都是叫到家里来 |
[22:37] | Why would I pull over to the side of the road? | 我怎么会在路边停下招妓呢? |
[22:45] | Go. Beat it. | 走吧 这件事就算了 |
[22:47] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 先生 |
[22:49] | Buy you a drink, counsel? | 我请你喝酒吧 律师? |
[22:50] | I’d love to, but I have to tend to some business with a much less reasonable judge. | 我很乐意去 但我还得去应付一个没这么明理的法官 |
[22:56] | Thank you, Bill. | 谢谢 Bill |
[22:58] | Who’s your daddy? | 知道谁厉害了吧? |
[23:13] | So, uh, I’m not under arrest. | 所以 我现在算被释放了 |
[23:16] | No. Without the bullet, the D.A. doesn’t have enough to charge you. | 是的 没有那颗子弹 地方检察官没有足够证据起诉你 |
[23:21] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[23:25] | – Listen, Michael… – Okay, wait, don’t, don’t, | – 听着 Michael… – 好吧 等等 别 别 |
[23:26] | don’t say it. | 不要说 |
[23:28] | You’re disappointed in me. | 你对我很失望 |
[23:30] | You think I don’t get that? | 你以为我不明白吗? |
[23:32] | I’m sure you do, but I don’t understand why… | 我知道你明白 但是我不明白你为什么… |
[23:34] | Look, I tried. Okay, Lori? | 听着 我尝试过 好吗 Lori? |
[23:37] | Now, this might come as a shock to you, | 你听到可能会很吃惊 |
[23:38] | but there’s no entry-level office training program for felons, okay? | 但是对重罪犯 没有什么职场入门教程 好吗? |
[23:42] | The only work out there for me is cleaning toilets, | 我能做的工作只有洗厕所 |
[23:45] | so if you’re gonna lecture me now… | 所以 如果你要讲大道理给我听的话… |
[23:46] | I wasn’t about to do that. | 我不准备讲大道理 |
[23:49] | – I just wanted to say that… – What? | – 我只是想说… – 什么? |
[23:55] | I don’t want you to die. | 我不想你死 |
[24:00] | I’ve known you for a long time, and I like you. | 我们认识很久了 而且我喜欢你 |
[24:05] | I don’t want you to die. | 我不想你死 |
[24:28] | What are you doing now? | 你要做什么去? |
[24:29] | Going to raise a ruckus. Care to join me? | 制造点骚乱 要跟我一起吗? |
[24:32] | No, thanks. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[24:35] | You want something? | 有事吗? |
[24:36] | Nothing. | 没有 |
[24:39] | Tara, clearly you want something. | Tara 很明显 你有事 |
[24:45] | I just came to tell you that we won our motion, | 我只是过来告诉你 我们的动议成功了 |
[24:47] | which is fabulous. | 打了个漂亮仗 |
[24:50] | Our client gets to keep a bullet in his chest, | 我们的委托人可以把子弹保留在他的胸腔里 |
[24:53] | and he’s probably gonna die. | 而他有可能因此死去 |
[24:56] | But a victory is a victory, right? | 但是赢了就是赢了 不是吗? |
[25:00] | You really think he’s gonna die? | 你真的觉得他会死吗? |
[25:03] | The thing is in his chest. | 有颗子弹在他胸腔啊 |
[25:10] | The doctor says if it isn’t removed… | 医生说要是不把它拿出来… |
[25:18] | Self-imposed death sentence in order to avoid a prison sentence. | 宁愿自杀也不愿坐牢 |
[25:21] | The irony is palpable. | 还真是讽刺啊 |
[25:22] | I agree, and yet he is stuck. | 没错 但是他没得选择 |
[25:27] | Or not. | 也不一定 |
[25:30] | And this is? | 这是什么? |
[25:32] | The discretionary option. | 另一个选择 |
[25:42] | My deputy gave me a full report. | 我的下属给了我一个详细报告 |
[25:45] | Needless to say, I’m outraged. | 不用说 我非常生气 |
[25:47] | That’s refreshingly humane of you. | 您真是仁慈啊 |
[25:49] | I don’t follow. | 我不明白 |
[25:51] | – Perhaps I don’t follow. – I was quite explicit in my order. | – 可能是我没明白 – 我的判决很明确 |
[25:55] | Four continuous hours in front of the building. | 要在大楼前站四个小时 |
[25:57] | Your guy barely lasted 20 minutes. | 你的当事人才站了20分钟都不到 |
[25:59] | At which point he was attacked with a glass bottle, | 就被一个玻璃瓶砸了 |
[26:02] | sending him to the emergency room with a gaping wound in his head. | 脑袋上开了个大口子 被送到医院抢救 |
[26:06] | Do you know what my mother would call you? | 你知道我妈妈会说你什么吗? |
[26:07] | A namby-pamby, weak and spineless, | 矫情又没骨气的软蛋 |
[26:10] | bellyaching about some trumped-up medical excuse. | 用什么捏造的身体原因在这里抱怨 |
[26:14] | while your guy’s in violation of his sentence. | 掩饰你的当事人不遵从判决的事实 |
[26:17] | Your Honor, is something not registering? | 法官大人 我没有说清楚吗? |
[26:20] | Walter Mack was attacked. | Walter Mack被攻击了 |
[26:22] | Next time, it could be considerably worse. | 下一次 事情可能会严重的多 |
[26:26] | If you’re so worried, take an extra marshal. | 如果你实在担心 再叫一个执法官去 |
[26:28] | But I want him back out there today or the plea agreement is tossed. | 但我要他今天之内回到那里 要不然你们的认罪就是无效的 |
[26:33] | Is that understood? | 你明白了吗? |
[26:35] | It is not, not at all. | 不明白 一点也不明白 |
[26:40] | Goodbye, Mr. Shore. | Shore先生 再见 |
[26:47] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[26:49] | I just feel so helpless. | 我觉得很无助 |
[26:52] | What about Alan Shore? | Alan Shore怎么样? |
[26:55] | What about him? | 他怎么了? |
[26:58] | He’s been known to… | 他以… |
[27:00] | accomplish things. Maybe you should seek his help. | 解决问题著称 也许你应该找他帮忙 |
[27:04] | You’re not gonna find him. | 你现在找不到他的 |
[27:07] | Oh, Alan Shore is taking judge Brown before a disciplinary panel. | Alan Shore在纪律审裁委员会面前检举Brown法官 |
[27:12] | When? | 什么时候? |
[27:13] | Now. | 现在 |
[27:15] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[27:22] | This is highly unusual, Mr. Shore, | 这非常不寻常 Shore先生 |
[27:24] | seeking to discipline a judge for imposing a sentence your client agreed to. | 你要我们审查一位法官 但他的判决是得到了你当事人同意的 |
[27:28] | I suspect we’d all agree to a good beating in order to avoid a prison sentence, | 我想在一顿毒打和牢狱之灾两者间 我们都会同意前者 |
[27:32] | but, Your Honors, we’re not in Singapore. | 但是 法官们 这里不是新加坡 (新加坡还存在肉刑) |
[27:33] | Still, given his consent… | 但是 由于他已经同意… |
[27:35] | He didn’t consent to land in a hospital bed | 他没有同意过要住医院 |
[27:37] | with a concussion and 12 stitches across his skull. | 要得脑震荡 要在脑袋上缝12针 |
[27:40] | And now, astonishingly, judge Brown expects him to go back for more. | 而令人震惊的是 Brown法官还要求他回去受更多凌辱 |
[27:43] | Pardon the interruption, Your Honors. | 不好意思打断一下 各位法官 |
[27:45] | Paul Lewiston of Crane, Poole & Schmidt. | 我是Crane Poole & Schmidt律师事务所的Paul Lewiston |
[27:47] | A word with my colleague. | 我想和我的同事说几句话 |
[27:49] | Stop this now. | 马上停止 |
[27:51] | This doesn’t concern you, Paul. You should leave immediately. | 这与你无关 Paul 你应该马上离开 |
[27:55] | I am afraid Mr. Shore has inadvertently | 我恐怕Shore先生 |
[27:57] | overstepped his authority in regard to this matter. | 在这件事情上不小心越权了 |
[28:00] | Pursuant to a signed letter of retention, Walter Mack is in fact a client of our firm, | 根据合同 Walter Mack是我们事务所的客户 |
[28:05] | – not Mr. Shore specifically. – That’s ridiculous. | – 并不是Shore先生一个人的 – 真是可笑 |
[28:07] | I have personally represented Walter Mack for years. | 我个人做Walter Mack的律师已经很多年了 |
[28:09] | Crane, Poole & Schmidt bears no ill will toward judge Brown whatsoever, | Crane Poole & Schmidt律师事务所对Brown法官没有任何恶意 |
[28:15] | nor do we seek to second-guess his sentencing of our client. | 也不质疑他对于我们的客户的判决 |
[28:18] | And yet here I am, both second-guessing and bearing ill will. | 但我就是要质疑他 就是对他有恶意 |
[28:19] | – Alan, you are out of line. – You interrupt my hearing and accuse me of being… | – Alan 你过分了 – 你打断了我的听证会 还说我… |
[28:23] | Gentlemen, gentlemen. | 先生们 先生们 |
[28:25] | Next time I suggest you settle on a position before convening an emergency panel. | 希望你们下次在召集紧急委员会之前先达成一致 |
[28:33] | We are adjourned. | 休庭 |
[28:43] | In my courtroom, with your client, tomorrow. | 明天带着你的当事人到法庭来见我 |
[28:47] | Namby-pamby. | 软蛋 |
[29:06] | It’s not my habit to ambush colleagues in the middle of a proceeding, | 我并不喜欢在庭审进行中反驳我的同事 |
[29:09] | but you gave me no choice, Alan. | 但你让我没得选择 Alan |
[29:11] | I cannot allow an associate to declare war on behalf of this firm, | 我不能让一个同事以事务所的名义向任何人宣战 |
[29:15] | certainly not against a highly influential jurist. | 尤其不能向一位德高望重的法理学家宣战 |
[29:20] | I’m giving notice. I believe two weeks is standard. | 我通知你 我要辞职 提前两周通知 对吧 |
[29:22] | Now step aside, Paul, before I push you to the ground and go to the bathroom on you. | 现在 Paul 你让开 免得我把你推到地上在你头上撒尿 |
[29:38] | Lori Colson? | Lori Colson在哪儿? |
[29:39] | She’s out of the office. | 她现在不在办公室 |
[29:41] | I got to see her. | 我必须要见她 |
[29:42] | You got to call her. Please. | 请你给她打个电话吧 |
[29:44] | Michael, are you all right? | Michael 你还好吗? |
[29:47] | You look awful. | 你看起来很糟 |
[29:49] | I’m thinking that maybe we could get some kind of plea. | 我想也许我们可以认罪 |
[29:52] | Is it too late? | 是不是太晚了? |
[29:54] | I don’t know, but, Michael, we’ve got to get you to a hospital. | 我不知道 但是 Michael 我们必须先去医院 |
[29:56] | No, hey, no. | 不 不要 |
[29:57] | I won’t, okay? I will die first. | 我不能去 好吗? 我马上就要死了 |
[30:01] | Michael. Oh, my god. Michael, sit down. | Michael 哦 天哪 Michael 坐下 |
[30:05] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[30:08] | – Stay there. – Okay. | – 待在这儿 – 好 |
[30:10] | Okay. | 好 |
[30:30] | I don’t see a defendant, Mr. Shore. | 我没有看见被告人 Shore先生 |
[30:33] | I’m sure we can drum one up. The building is teeming with them. | 我想我们可以随便抓一个 房子里到处都是呢 |
[30:35] | I believe I made myself clear, | 我想我已经说的很清楚了 |
[30:37] | but perhaps an order of contempt will help move things forward. | 但是可能一个藐视法庭罪才能让你明白 |
[30:41] | Your Honor, if I could be berated in just a moment, | 法官大人 我想您可以待会再斥责我 |
[30:43] | might we first take care of one brief ceremonial matter? | 我们可不可以先简单进行个小仪式? |
[30:46] | Your mother has been waiting ever so patiently. | 您的妈妈已经在这里耐心地等待了很久 |
[30:48] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[30:51] | Is this lovely woman not your mother? | 这位可爱的女士不是您的妈妈吗? |
[30:55] | Mother. | 妈妈 |
[30:56] | What are you doing in my courtroom? | 你来我的法庭干什么? |
[30:58] | I was obviously thrilled to find her available to attend this long-overdue presentation, | 我非常兴奋地发现她能够来参加这个早该进行的颁奖仪式 |
[31:03] | which I am honored to make on behalf of the entire Bar Association, | 我很荣幸能够代表整个律师协会 |
[31:07] | uh, Subcommittee on Judicial Excellence to the honorable Clark Brown, | 呃 下属的司法公正委员会颁奖给尊敬的Clark Brown法官 |
[31:12] | jurist, scholar, and humanitarian. | 法理学家 学者 以及人道主义者 |
[31:15] | – May I approach? – You may not. | – 我能过来吗? – 不行 |
[31:17] | I think I will. | 我想我要过去 |
[31:18] | Many congratulations. | 恭喜恭喜 |
[31:22] | I take it this is your horrific penmanship. | 我想这上面是你可怕的笔迹 |
[31:25] | It is, but in my defense, I was driving to court at the time. | 是啊 但是容我解释 我是在开车过来的路上写的 |
[31:28] | And I suppose you think presenting me with some cockamamie award you invented | 看来你以为颁给我这个你自创的假奖 |
[31:32] | is going to help your case. | 能让我在这件案子上帮你 |
[31:34] | The award is for your mother, judge. | 这个奖项是颁给您母亲的 法官大人 |
[31:35] | As for my case, as I see it, | 而我的这个案子 就我看来 |
[31:38] | you can hold me in contempt, you can send my client to prison, | 您可以继续判我藐视法庭 您可以让我的当事人进监狱 |
[31:42] | and you can dream up elaborate and humiliating sentences ad infinitum, | 您可以不停地创造花样百出的羞辱人的判决 |
[31:46] | but unfortunately, | 但不幸的是 |
[31:47] | nothing that you do will negate the ego-crushing, utterly emasculating effect | 您没法减少您母亲对您的自尊造成的彻底的毁灭性伤害 |
[31:52] | your mother clearly has on you as, I must confess, she had on me. | 我得承认 就像她也伤害到了我的自尊一样 |
[31:56] | After a mere 20 minutes, it was all I could do to resist dining and ditching the woman. | 20分钟的共处后 我发现自己必须努力控制自己咬死她或赶走她的愿望 |
[32:01] | Obviously, your issues with Esther, oedipal or otherwise, | 很明显 您同您母亲的问题 不管是恋母情结还是其他 |
[32:04] | can’t help but inform your appetite for shame and humiliation, | 助长了您羞辱别人的欲望 |
[32:09] | and it’s entirely understandable, but you’re smarter than your mother. | 这完全可以理解 但您比您的母亲更明智 |
[32:14] | You’re stronger than your mother. | 也更坚强 |
[32:16] | Show the old battleax one can be powerful and yet still be fair and just. | 然你妈妈看看 一个强大的人也可以做出公平公正的判断 |
[32:22] | My client Walter Mack has suffered enough. | 我的当事人Walter Mack已经承受得够多了 |
[32:25] | Let him fix his building and move on with his life. | 让他修好房子 继续生活吧 |
[32:27] | Move on with yours. | 也让您自己忘掉过去 继续生活吧 |
[32:29] | You’re a judge. You have all the power. | 您是法官 您拥有法庭上最大的权力 |
[32:41] | Get away from my bench. | 退回去吧 |
[32:43] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[32:54] | You have ignored a direct order of the court. | 你无视了本庭的直接命令 |
[32:56] | I expect a handwritten letter of apology delivered to my chambers by end of day. | 我要你在今日内写一份道歉信送到我的办公室 |
[33:01] | As for your client… | 至于你的当事人… |
[33:05] | he will complete the repairs as listed on the plea agreement | 他要在一周内按照认罪协议所列条目 |
[33:10] | in one week’s time. | 将房子修补好 |
[33:12] | If he complies to the last detail, | 如果他能全部做到 |
[33:16] | I shall spare him any further consequences. | 那么我就免去他的其他刑罚 |
[33:19] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 先生 |
[33:21] | And you’re dismissed. | 你可以走了 |
[33:23] | Next matter. | 下一案件 |
[33:34] | It was my second coke bust, | 那是我第二次因为可卡因被捕 |
[33:36] | but somehow Alan got it kicked to misdemeanor possession. | 但是不知道Alan怎么弄的 只判了很轻的非法占有罪 |
[33:38] | No time served. | 没有入狱 |
[33:40] | Lost my license to practice. | 吊销了行医资格证 |
[33:42] | Could have been a lot worse, though. | 本来会糟得多的 |
[33:46] | Everything’s gonna be fine, Michael. You passed out in my car. | 一切都会好的 Michael 你在我车里晕了 |
[33:48] | You’re gonna be fine. | 你很快就会好的 |
[33:50] | I told you, no hospitals. | 我告诉你了 不能去医院 |
[33:52] | Actually, we’re not at hospital. | 事实上这里不是医院 |
[33:54] | Not exactly. This is Dr. Kodash. | 不算是 这位是Kodash医生 |
[33:57] | He’s a friend of my colleague’s. | 他是我同事的朋友 |
[33:59] | Michael, he’s very discreet. | Michael 他这很安全 |
[34:34] | Tell me about the raving loon. | 说说那个满口胡言的疯子 |
[34:37] | State bird of Minnesota, actually. | 其实那是明尼苏达州的州鸟 (Common Loon长鸣鸭 一种水鸟) |
[34:42] | I heard about your run-in with Paul Lewiston. | 我听说你和Paul Lewiston起了争执 |
[34:49] | Did you really threaten to pee on him? | 你真的威胁说要撒尿在他身上? |
[34:54] | Forgive me, Denny. | 原谅我 Denny |
[34:55] | I’m not in my usual good humor. | 我现在不想开玩笑 |
[35:02] | He never wanted you here from day one. | 他从一开始就不喜欢你在这里工作 |
[35:05] | That in mind, | 因此 |
[35:08] | you can leave and give him the victory he’s aiming for. | 你可以离开 称了他的心 |
[35:13] | Or… | 或者… |
[35:15] | you can stay, | 你可以留下 |
[35:17] | your very presence torturing him | 让他一看见你就痛苦 |
[35:23] | hour after hour, day after day. | 日复一日折磨他 |
[35:27] | That’s what I do. | 我就是这么做的 |
[35:36] | For the record, I hate sentiment. | 还有 我不喜欢煽情 |
[35:41] | But before you got here, I was beginning to loathe this place. | 但你来之前 我都开始讨厌这个地方了 |
[36:08] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[36:10] | I couldn’t find you last night. Everything all right? | 我昨晚找不到你 你还好吧? |
[36:12] | Fine. | 很好 |
[36:13] | I left the hospital and was too depressed to work, | 我离开医院后没心情工作 |
[36:15] | so I went home and took an extraordinarily long bath. | 就回了家 在浴缸里泡了很久 |
[36:18] | Well, you missed some excitement. | 你错过了一件令人兴奋的事 |
[36:20] | Oh? | 哦? |
[36:38] | You’re not interested as to how I came upon this? | 你对我怎么拿到这个不感兴趣吗? |
[36:44] | I have a pretty good idea. | 我想我猜到了 |
[36:56] | Oh, dear. Am I in trouble? | 哦 天哪 我有麻烦了吗? |
[36:59] | Let me guess. | 让我猜猜 |
[37:01] | You send my client to a mob doctor | 你让我的当事人去你经常出入的 |
[37:03] | working in the back room of some underworld casino you frequent. | 某个黑社会赌场的密室找了个江湖医生 |
[37:08] | I’m sorry to say the reality is far less colorful, | 我很抱歉事实没有那么花哨 |
[37:11] | but I applaud your imagination. | 但我很佩服你的想象力 |
[37:12] | You’re amazingly inconsiderate, you know that? | 你真的很轻率 你知道吗? |
[37:15] | I do. | 我知道 |
[37:17] | – How does it show? – I have known Michael Shea for five years, Alan, | – 但我表现出来了吗? – 我认识Michael Shea五年了 Alan |
[37:21] | and ridiculouse it sounds, he’s somebody I happen to care about. | 听起来可能很荒唐 但我很关心他 |
[37:24] | – You don’t even know him. – We could all have lunch if you’d like. | – 你根本认都不认识他 – 你要是愿意 我们可以一起吃饭啊 |
[37:27] | You sent him off to commit yet another crime. | 你让他又犯了一次罪 |
[37:29] | There’s no crime, Lori, just a bullet. | 没有犯罪 Lori 只是一颗子弹而已 |
[37:31] | Turn it in if you want. | 你想上交的话 就去好了 |
[37:32] | Of course I’m not gonna do that, | 我当然不会 |
[37:34] | but I shouldn’t even be in this position, | 但我根本不应该走到这一步 |
[37:35] | and Tara shouldn’t, either. | Tara也不该 |
[37:37] | Why would you corrupt her like that? | 你怎么能这样带坏她? |
[37:38] | Tara’s a grownup, capable of making all sorts of grown-up decisions. | Tara是个成年人 她有能力为自己的行为做决定 |
[37:41] | Don’t be glib with me. | 别跟我扯 |
[37:43] | Tara adores you. | Tara崇拜你 |
[37:45] | Of course she’s gonna follow your lead until one day she slips up, | 她当然会听你的 直到有一天她出个差错 |
[37:47] | somehow blows it, and her career is over. | 捅出个娄子 她的事业就完了 |
[37:50] | And yet here I sit, years of evildoing under my belt, | 但我还坐在这儿 这么多年我一直背地里做坏事 |
[37:53] | and still a happy camper. | 仍然高枕无忧 |
[37:55] | I suppose you’re the exception, | 我想你是漏网之鱼 |
[37:57] | but to what end? | 但你的结局会如何呢? |
[37:59] | I mean, you conspire to conceal evidence, | 你密谋藏匿证据 |
[38:00] | you take on a judge to help out a slumlord. | 你为了一个恶劣房东挑衅法官 |
[38:03] | You know, sometimes you’re in the right, Alan, | Alan 也许有时候你是对的 |
[38:07] | but other times, it seems like you just can’t control yourself. | 但其他时候 看起来你好像无法控制自己 |
[38:13] | I think you’re lost. | 我想你迷失了自己 |
[38:42] | Am I lost, Denny? | 我迷失了自己吗 Denny? |
[38:44] | Depends what you’re looking for. | 要看你想找什么了 |
[38:50] | Lori Colson thinks I’m lost. | Lori Colson觉得我迷失了自己 |
[38:53] | Screw her. | 告诉她叫她去死 |
[38:56] | Have you? | 你说了吗? |
[38:57] | That’s impolite talk, Denny. | 那很粗鲁 Denny |
[39:02] | Everything okay? | 你还好吗? |
[39:07] | I’m the one that’s lost, Alan. | 我才是迷失自己的人 Alan |
[39:09] | – How so? – Empty, I should say. | – 为什么? – 我想我是空虚了 |
[39:12] | All my life, I wanted the Red Sox to win the World Series. | 我这一辈子 就想让红袜队赢世界职业棒球大赛 |
[39:15] | It was like a quest, you know? | 那就像是我毕生的追求 你知道吗? |
[39:18] | Something burning inside. | 它像火焰一样在我身体里燃烧 |
[39:23] | And now the bastards have done it, | 而现在 那帮混蛋竟然做到了 |
[39:26] | and I feel like… | 我觉得… |
[39:27] | I don’t know, like my pilot light went out. | 我不知道 就像飞行员没有了信号灯 |
[39:30] | I know what you mean. | 我懂你的意思 |
[39:33] | We’ve been comfortable aspiring to championship. | 我们已经习惯了想做冠军 |
[39:36] | I don’t know how comfortable we are as champions. | 却不知道真正做了冠军的滋味 |
[39:41] | – What do we do now? – I don’t know. | – 我们现在怎么办? – 我不知道 |
[39:43] | Must be awful rooting for the Yankees. | 让我转而支持洋基队太难受了 |
[39:50] | Listen, Denny, would you do me a favor? | 听着 Denny 能帮我个忙吗? |
[39:53] | Name it. | 说说看 |
[39:54] | Friend of mine, she’s wanted to meet you. | 我的一个朋友 她一直想见见你 |
[39:56] | She’s here now. | 她就在这里 |
[39:59] | – You sure you don’t mind? – No, bring her in. | – 你不介意吗? – 不 让她进来吧 |
[40:05] | Sarah. | Sarah啊 |
[40:14] | Hello, Denny. | 你好 Denny |
[40:20] | Solid ash. | 硬白蜡木 |
[40:22] | Same wood they use to make Manny’s bat. | 和Manny(红袜队球手)的球棒一个原料 |
[40:29] | You’re a corrupting influence. | 你真是个引人堕落的恶魔 |
[40:31] | Yes. | 是的 |
[40:33] | So I’ve been told. | 别人也这么说过我 |
[40:38] | Sarah. | Sarah小姐 |
[40:40] | Join us for a drink. | 一起喝点酒吧 |
[40:42] | I’d love to. | 好的 |
[40:44] | A toast to us, to love, | 敬我们 敬爱情 |
[40:47] | – but most of all… – The Boston Red Sox. | – 最重要的… – 敬波士顿红袜队 |
[40:51] | The Red sox. | 敬红袜队 |
[41:05] | Is it really made of ash? | 真的是用白蜡木做的吗? |
[41:08] | I think so. | 我想是的 |
[41:12] | Give you any trouble dancing? | 会影响跳舞吗? |
[41:14] | Not a bit. | 完全不会 |
[41:19] | Maybe we could go dancing later. | 也许我们一会儿可以去跳舞 |
[41:23] | I’d love that. | 我很乐意 |