时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:14] | What is acting? | 什么是表演 |
[00:16] | 麦克阿瑟奖学者在我左边 诺贝尔奖获得者 在我右边 我在这里 和你一起被夹在中间 | |
[00:17] | Anyone? | 有人知道吗 |
[00:19] | Anyone? | 有人知道吗 |
[00:20] | Acting is about leaving everything behind, and… | 表演就是抛弃一切 然后… |
[00:27] | And becoming something completely new. | 成为全新的自己 |
[00:30] | What is acting? Anyone? | 什么是表演 有人知道吗 |
[00:32] | Acting is about leaving everything behind, and… | 表演就是抛弃一切 然后… |
[00:36] | becoming something completely new. | 成为全新的自己 |
[00:45] | Becoming something completely new. | 成为全新的自己 |
[01:03] | What is acting? | 什么是表演 |
[01:05] | Anyone? | 有人知道吗 |
[01:06] | Anyone? | 有人知道吗 |
[01:07] | Acting is about leaving everything behind and becoming something completely new. | 表演就是抛弃一切 成为全新的自己 |
[01:15] | Nailed it. | 完美 |
[01:23] | And that’s a Sharpie. | 这是记号笔 |
[02:30] | Good morning, my name is Professor Horseman, | 早上好 我是马男教授 |
[02:32] | which will remain on that whiteboard forever, | 我的名字会永远留在白板上 |
[02:34] | and this is Intermediate Scene Study. | 欢迎来到中级场景分析课 |
[02:36] | What is acting? Anyone? | 什么是表演 有人知道吗 |
[02:38] | Okay. You. | 好吧 你 |
[02:41] | According to Stanislothski, | 斯坦尼斯拉夫斯基认为 |
[02:42] | acting is the desire to create inside of oneself | 表演是一个人的内心创造出另一个 |
[02:45] | another, deeper, more interesting life | 比他本身更加深刻 |
[02:47] | than the one that actually surrounds him… | 更加有趣的生命的渴望… |
[02:49] | or her. | 或者是她 |
[02:50] | Okay, yes, but also… Yes? | 好吧 但是… 请说 |
[02:53] | Meisner would say, “Acting is behaving truthfully under imaginary circumstances. | 梅斯勒会说 “表演是在假想环境中 展示真实的自己 |
[02:57] | Acting is behaving truthfully under imaginary circumstances. | 表演是在假想环境中 展示真实的自己” |
[03:00] | Okay, wow. So, that’s acting. But what is…? | 好吧 那也是表演 但是… |
[03:03] | Guys, I’m concerned this class is getting very theory-qua-theory… | 各位 这不是一门拘泥于理论的课程… |
[03:06] | I was about to say that. | 我正准备这么说 |
[03:08] | …when technique should be a means toward a more engaging art. | 表演技巧应该要让艺术变得更迷人 |
[03:11] | – Well, quite astute. – Sorry, horse professor. What’s acting? | -非常精辟 -抱歉 马教授 表演到底是什么 |
[03:15] | Acting is the, um… | 表演是… |
[03:18] | Acting is… | 表演是… |
[03:22] | I don’t know what acting is. I don’t know what I’m doing. | 我不知道表演是什么 我不知道我在教什么 |
[03:26] | I shouldn’t be here. | 我不该来这里 |
[03:29] | No, I don’t want to quit. I’m acting! That’s acting. | 不 我不想放弃 我是在表演 这就是表演 |
[03:34] | Class dismissed. | 下课 |
[03:36] | But we still have an hour and 20 minutes left. | 但这节课还有1小时20分钟 |
[03:38] | Yes. Again, I was acting. | 对 我还是在表演 |
[03:40] | You sounded serious. | 你听起来很认真 |
[03:42] | Instead of judging my acting, how about you act and I judge you? | 别评判我的演技了 让我来看看你们的演技吧 |
[03:45] | – For real? – Yeah. Good point. | -真的吗 -好主意 |
[03:46] | We could show you the scenes we were working on last semester. | 我们可以演上学期排练的戏 |
[03:49] | Uh, sure. | 好啊 |
[03:51] | – This is from “Kablammo, Mother.” – Whenever you’re ready. | -“太炸了 妈妈” 选段 -准备好就开始 |
[03:55] | Mama, where’s Daddy’s old World War II grenade with the pin still in it? | 妈妈 爸爸那颗未引爆的二战手榴弹在哪 |
[03:59] | Why would you want an old thing like that? | 你为什么要找这种老古董 |
[04:02] | Tonight, I intend to explode myself. Where are the extra towels? | 今晚 我想用它自杀 备用的毛巾呢 |
[04:07] | – Okay, okay. Stop, stop. – What? | -好了 停一下 -什么 |
[04:09] | – Does this play take place in England? – No. | -这部戏的背景在英国吗 -不 |
[04:11] | So why are you talking with an English accent? | 那你为什么要用英腔 |
[04:14] | I’m acting. | 我在表演 |
[04:15] | Just as an exercise, maybe use your normal voice. | 练习时试着用正常的语气说话 |
[04:18] | And Tawnie, when you’re telling your mother you’re gonna kill yourself, | 桃妮 你告诉妈妈你要自杀后 |
[04:21] | the next line is, “Where are the extra towels,” right? | 下一句台词是”备用的毛巾呢” 对吧 |
[04:24] | And the character’s being very casual, | 角色的语气非常随意 |
[04:26] | so maybe she should also be casual when she says she’s gonna kill herself. | 所以 她在宣布自己要自杀时 也应该随意一些 |
[04:29] | Like it’s a big deal, but it’s not a big deal for her. | 一件大事 在她眼里却无足轻重 |
[04:31] | – Like that’s the irony of the scene. – Whoa! That’s really smart. | -这正是这幕戏的讽刺之处 -这主意很棒 |
[04:35] | Yeah. Yeah, it is. | 没错 |
[04:38] | Okay, let’s see it again. | 好的 再来一遍 |
[04:40] | So, darling, what fun and games shall we play? | 亲爱的 我们玩点什么好玩的游戏 |
[04:44] | Shall we play Scattergories? | 要不要玩拼字游戏 |
[04:46] | I detest Scattergories! | 我厌恶拼字游戏 |
[04:48] | Whatever the prompt, you always answer in vague allusions | 不管提示是什么 你的答案永远在隐晦地暗示 |
[04:51] | to the baby we never had! | 我们没生下来的那个孩子 |
[04:53] | Stop. You’re both talking to the audience. | 停 你们都在对观众说话 |
[04:55] | I want you to talk to each other, you’re having a conversation. | 我希望你们对彼此说话 你们在交谈 |
[04:59] | – Who’s you? – Who’s me? Screw you is who’s me! | -你是谁 -我是谁 去你的我是谁 |
[05:03] | I got the leads. The Gooba Gooberry Falls leads. | 我有线索 咕吧咕波利瀑布的线索 |
[05:06] | Them’s them good leads. | 那是好线索 |
[05:09] | – Hubba hubba, I’m horny for leads! – Okay, here’s my question for you. | -棒棒棒 我好想要线索 -我想问你个问题 |
[05:12] | Does your character know he’s horny for leads, | 你的角色一直知道自己想要线索 |
[05:15] | or is he discovering it? | 还是刚刚才发现这一点 |
[05:17] | Who’s next? Great. What’s the scene? | 下一个是谁 很好 你演哪个场景 |
[05:19] | The scene is I’m late for my next class. | 在演我下一节课要迟到了 |
[05:21] | We were supposed to get out 20 minutes ago. | 我们20分钟前就该下课了 |
[05:23] | Oh, shit. Sorry. See you Wednesday. | 该死 抱歉 周三见 |
[05:25] | Great work today. Way to go, team. | 大家都演得不错 好样的 |
[05:27] | We did it. That was great, huh? How good was I? | 我们做到了 很不错吧 我是不是很棒 |
[05:36] | Whitfield, we’ve been here six weeks. How do you think this is going? | 惠特菲尔德 我们上了六周课 你觉得怎么样 |
[05:40] | – I think I’m crushing it. – Wow, okay. Well, I admire the confidence. | -我觉得我表现很好 -好吧 我钦佩你的自信 |
[05:44] | I know you’re an acting major. | 我知道你主修表演 |
[05:45] | And I guess I just… I wanted to make sure that you’re taking other classes. | 我… 我想确认一下 你有在上别的课 |
[05:50] | Like, Economics, or maybe a plumbing course. | 比如经济学 或者管道工程 |
[05:54] | Or rental car cashier class? I don’t know. | 或者租车行收银员课程 我不知道 |
[05:56] | What would you want to do if the acting thing doesn’t work out? | 如果逐梦演艺圈失败了 你准备去干什么 |
[05:58] | Hold up, do you think I’m not a good actor? | 等等 你觉得我不是个好演员 |
[06:01] | You said “Not a good actor.” But now that you’ve said it… | 这可是你说的 不过既然你这么说了… |
[06:05] | Some would say there are no bad actors, only bad teachers. | 我觉得没有坏演员 只有坏老师 |
[06:08] | What about Jason Segel? He was a bad actor in Bad Teacher. | 杰森·西格尔呢 他在”坏老师”里演得就很烂 |
[06:11] | I am a wonderful actor. | 我是个出色的演员 |
[06:14] | You’ll see. | 等着瞧 |
[06:16] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:20] | She knew I was drunk, | 她知道我喝醉了 |
[06:22] | but she still let me drive off with Jonathan. | 但还是让我开车带乔纳森走 |
[06:24] | I’m a drunk! | 我是个酒鬼 |
[06:27] | Jesus, I had no idea, I… | 上帝啊 我不知道 我… |
[06:28] | Booze has taken everything from me. | 酒精夺走了我的一切 |
[06:31] | – My job as an airline pilot, my wife. – What the…? | -我作为飞行员的工作 我的老婆 -什么… |
[06:34] | Those two things. | 我仅有的两件宝贝 |
[06:35] | Okay. I see what’s happening. | 我明白了 |
[06:37] | Sorry, everybody. This is one of my acting students. | 抱歉 这是我表演课上的学生 |
[06:40] | – He’s trying to… – Who’s Whitfield? | -他在… -惠特菲尔德是谁 |
[06:42] | – Nobody said “Whitfield.” – My name is Whip Whitaker. | -没人提这个名字 -我叫惠普·惠特克 |
[06:45] | – Did you follow me here? – I drank the vodka bottles on the plane. | -你跟踪我来这的吗 -我在飞机上喝了伏特加 |
[06:48] | Drove the plane upside-downsy. Yeah, I’m drunk now. | 把飞机开了个底朝天 我醉了 |
[06:52] | No, don’t… | 别… |
[06:53] | We’ve all been there, man. | 我们都经历过这种事 |
[06:54] | He hasn’t been there. That’s the plot of the movie Flight. | 他没有 这是电影”迫降航班”的情节 |
[06:59] | – That wet the ol’ whistle. – So sorry, everyone. | -喝点酒润润嗓子 -抱歉 各位 |
[07:01] | Now I’m completely over the 0.8 percent blood alcohol level. | 我体内的酒精含量 远远超过了0.8% |
[07:05] | – I’m in trouble. I am wasted. – This is very disrespectful. | -我有麻烦了 我彻底醉了 -真是太不尊重人了 |
[07:08] | – Hammered… – We work hard to create a safe space here. | -酩酊大醉 不省人事… -我们努力创造安全的环境 |
[07:11] | – tanked, blitzed… – So sorry about that. I recognize that. | -烂醉如泥 醉生梦死… -非常抱歉 我很理解这一点 |
[07:13] | – Irish, canned, smashed… – I value this room, just know that. | -跟爱尔兰人一样 彻底断片了… -我很重视这个地方 |
[07:16] | – annihilated, laced, faded. – Really sorry about all of this. | -死路一条 意识模糊 -真的非常抱歉 |
[07:19] | – So sorry. – In conclusion, I am a drunk. | -对不起 -总而言之 我是个酒鬼 |
[07:23] | The big D. | 大醉鬼 |
[07:26] | – Fine. Shut up. You’re a drunk. – Wrong, I was acting! | -好了 闭嘴 你是个酒鬼 -错 我是在表演 |
[07:30] | It appears the student has become the student-er. | 看来我这个学生变成”学师”了 |
[07:36] | Wow, an actor. | 他演技真不错 |
[07:50] | Foul! That fowl fouled, ref! Where’s the whistle? | 犯规 那只鸡犯规了 裁判 你的哨子呢 |
[07:53] | There are women tossing women everywhere! | 到处都是扭打在一起的女孩 |
[07:57] | What is this, the Running of the Brides at Filene’s Basement? | 这是菲林地下商场的新娘特卖吗 |
[07:59] | Who’s with me? | 谁赞成 |
[08:03] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:04] | – Um, they’re allowed to do that in rugby. – What? Really? | -英式橄榄球里可以这么做 -真的吗 |
[08:07] | Also, nobody knows what Filene’s Basement is. | 还有 没人知道菲林地下商场是什么 |
[08:10] | That’s a shame. You definitely paid too much for that coat. | 真可惜 你的大衣肯定买贵了 |
[08:12] | Oh, is it over? Did we win? | 结束了吗 我们赢了吗 |
[08:17] | Hey, you’re really good. I think. | 你打得真棒… 我觉得 |
[08:19] | Don’t feel like you have to come to these things if it’s not your thing. | 如果你不喜欢橄榄球 你不用来的 |
[08:23] | No, I liked it. Look at us. Doing college. | 不 我喜欢 瞧瞧我们 一起体验大学生活 |
[08:26] | I’m just saying you have your things and I have my things. It’s okay. | 我是说 你有你的事 我有我的事 这很正常 |
[08:31] | – You wanna get something to eat? – I… I can’t. | -想去吃点东西吗 -我去不了 |
[08:33] | When we win, we all go to Conspiracy to celebrate. | 赢球后我们要去阴谋酒吧庆祝 |
[08:36] | – Sounds fun. Can I join you? – I don’t think you should. | -有意思 我也可以去吗 -你还是别去了 |
[08:39] | It’s a bar, and there will be alcohol there. | 那是酒吧 到处都是酒 |
[08:42] | – That’s okay. – And young girls. | -没事的 -还有年轻女生 |
[08:43] | – What’s that have to do with anything? – Nothing. Just stating a fact. | -这有什么关系 -没什么 只是陈述事实 |
[08:48] | – Okay. Well, then, I guess I’ll see you. – Wouldn’t wanna be you! | -好了 我们下次再见 -不如不见 |
[08:51] | But I would. You’re cool. | 但我愿意见 你很酷 |
[08:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:01] | Yes, good. Keep doing what they’re doing. | 对 继续模仿他们的动作 |
[09:04] | Tawnie, you’re Hollyhock’s best friend… | 桃妮 你是霍莉霍克最好的朋友… |
[09:07] | – We’re actually in a fight right now. – Again? | -我们正在吵架 -又吵 |
[09:09] | Our fights are like Adele songs. | 我们的争吵就像阿黛尔的歌 |
[09:11] | All kind of the same one, but with different specifics. | 本质上都一样 只是内容有一些区别 |
[09:14] | – Well, do you understand this rugby thing? – Uh, honestly? No. | -你知道她为什么打橄榄球吗 -老实说 不知道 |
[09:18] | She came back from winter break super aggro, but that’s Hollyhock, right? | 寒假结束后她就变得很暴力 但这就是霍莉霍克吧 |
[09:21] | Suddenly, she decides, “This is what I’m all about now, | 她突然决定 “我现在就这样了 |
[09:23] | and everyone else just has to get on board.” | 你们都得配合我” |
[09:25] | What are we supposed to do with that? | 我们能怎么办 |
[09:27] | I guess… get on board. | 应该… 配合她 |
[09:32] | Get it out, get it… Yes, nice. | 传出来… 好球 |
[09:34] | Nice run! Very nice! | 漂亮 非常棒 |
[09:36] | Touchdown! That’s my sister! | 达阵 那是我妹妹 |
[09:38] | Good try! | 漂亮的触地 |
[09:39] | Try? She did it. She scored. | 触地 她达阵得分了 |
[09:41] | It’s called a try. | 这就叫触地得分 |
[09:42] | Try to keep up. | 多学着点 |
[09:50] | – Yeah! – Yes, Cardinals! | -好球 -红雀队加油 |
[09:51] | All right! | 好球 |
[09:57] | The two teams applaud each other, and then the referees. | 双方为对手鼓掌 然后为裁判鼓掌 |
[09:59] | As is customary. See footnote. | 这都是传统 多看看脚注吧 |
[10:01] | We know. | 我们都知道 |
[10:03] | What’s up, rugger? | 你好啊 球员 |
[10:04] | Two tries, two conversions, and a drop goal? | 两次触地得分 两次追加射门 一次踢落地球 |
[10:06] | Jonah Lomu over here. | 简直是乔纳·卢姆附体 |
[10:08] | – Great game, Hock. – Oh, Hock. | -好样的 霍克 -霍克 |
[10:10] | I like it. Can I get a nickname too, Regina? | 我喜欢 能给我起个绰号吗 雷吉娜 |
[10:13] | How about, “Professor Horseman, adult faculty member”? | “成年教员 马男教授”怎么样 |
[10:16] | – We have to go. – Yeah, go. | -我们得走了 -好的 走吧 |
[10:18] | Go. See you. See you on the scrumming pitch. | 去吧 再见 开球时再见 |
[10:22] | W-E-S-leyan! | 维思维思向前进 |
[10:24] | We will rock and maul and win! | 拼抢争球拿冠军 |
[10:26] | Wait. Where’s Hollyhock? | 等等 霍莉霍克呢 |
[10:28] | You mean Hollyhock Manheim-Mannheim-Guerrero… | 你是说霍莉霍克·曼海姆曼恩海姆格雷罗… |
[10:34] | Hey. What the hell? You quit rugby? | 怎么回事 你退出橄榄球队了 |
[10:36] | God. You sound like three of my dads. | 天啊 你的反应跟我的三个爸爸一模一样 |
[10:39] | – The other five were relieved. – You were good. | -其他五个松了口气 -你打得很好 |
[10:41] | I need to focus on my studies. I’m not just here to get my ya-yas out. | 我需要专心学习 我不是来嘶吼拼抢的 |
[10:45] | Yeah, but rugby’s our thing. | 对 但橄榄球是我们共同的爱好 |
[10:48] | Okay, then I guess we’ll just… We’ll find a new thing. | 好吧 那我们就… 再找一个爱好 |
[10:50] | How about my thing is reading Gender Trouble by Judith Butler, | 不如我专心读朱迪斯·巴特勒的”性别麻烦” |
[10:54] | and your thing is being a teacher? | 你好好当老师 |
[10:57] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[10:58] | I’m just busy with school stuff. | 我只是课业繁忙而已 |
[11:00] | You got your showcase in a couple weeks? | 你们的汇报演出也没几周了吧 |
[11:02] | “An Evening of Modern American Scenes”? | “美国现代戏剧之夜” |
[11:04] | Yeah. I’ll… I’ll go to that. | 对 我会去看的 |
[11:07] | – Great. I’ll see you then. – Yeah, see you then. | -很好 到时候见 -对 到时候见 |
[11:10] | Not if I see you first…! | 除非我们先… |
[11:18] | – Hello? – Hey, listen. | -你好 -听着 |
[11:19] | – It’s your very good accountant, Gaz. – Hey, Gaz. | -我是你的好会计 加斯 -你好 加斯 |
[11:21] | I just noticed you spent a lot of money last year. | 我注意到你去年开销很大 |
[11:24] | – Did you go to rehab? Like, a lot? – You just noticed that? | -你去康复中心了吗 很多次吗 -你才注意到 |
[11:27] | I’ve got a ton of clients, okay? And this was a big cocaine year for me. | 我有很多客户的 好吗 而且今年我用了好多可卡因 |
[11:30] | But we’re fine. Just make another movie, and you’ll be fine. | 但不用担心 你再拍一部电影就行了 |
[11:33] | – You’re working on a movie? – No. | -你在拍电影吗 -没有 |
[11:34] | Actually, I’m a college professor now. | 我现在是大学教授了 |
[11:36] | What, do you hate money? | 什么 你跟钱有仇吗 |
[11:38] | – Gaz… – No, no, no, it’s fine. | -加斯… -不 没关系 |
[11:40] | Basically, we’re fine. As I told my wife before she left me, | 基本上没问题 我老婆离开前我也这么说 |
[11:42] | I’m not worried, and you shouldn’t be either. | 我不担心 所以你也不必担心 |
[11:44] | We may need to unload some assets, though. | 不过我们可能得抛售一些资产 |
[11:46] | – You still own that restaurant? – Elefante? | -那家餐厅还是你的吗 -大象餐厅 |
[11:48] | I’d love to dump that money pit, but what idiot would buy it? | 我很想甩掉那个无底洞 但哪个傻瓜愿意买呢 |
[11:51] | – Sold! On this arrangement. – Of course you’re sold. It was your idea. | -成交 就这么安排了 -这是你的主意 你当然同意 |
[11:56] | Explain it to me one more time? | 能再解释一遍吗 |
[11:59] | Okay. You’ll spend a lot of time | 好吧 你和国际巨星 |
[12:01] | with international superstar sex symbol, Joey Pogo, | 性感之神乔伊·波哥相处一段时间 |
[12:03] | building a close emotional bond. | 建立亲密的感情 |
[12:05] | After you’ve established that connection, | 感情成熟后 |
[12:07] | you’ll share one magical evening of intimate sexual congress, | 你们共度激情一夜 进行亲密的性行为 |
[12:10] | after which, we’ll finally be even. | 那样我们就扯平了 |
[12:12] | You’ll marry me, and the two of you will never see each other again. | 你可以嫁给我 你们俩再也不用见面 |
[12:15] | – Well, I guess it’s worth a try. – ♪ Who’s that dog? ♪ | -好像值得一试 -♪ 那只狗是谁 ♪ |
[12:17] | – ♪ Mr. Peanutbutter ♪ – Excuse me. | -♪ 是花生酱先生 ♪ -不好意思 |
[12:19] | Hello? No? | 喂 不是 |
[12:20] | Really? Wow, hold on a sec. | 真的 稍等 |
[12:22] | Pickles, should I buy Elefante? | 酸黄瓜 我该买下大象餐厅吗 |
[12:24] | Ooh! Then you’d be my husband and my boss. | 那样你就是我的老公兼老板了 |
[12:27] | Like Ike and Tina Turn… No. | 就像伊克·特纳和蒂娜·特纳… 不对 |
[12:29] | – Well, I’m sure there are good examples. – There must be. | -肯定有合适的例子 -一定的 |
[12:32] | But buying a restaurant’s a big commitment. | 不过收购餐厅是一笔大投资 |
[12:34] | What if I went in on it with you? I like food. | 我和你合伙吧 我喜欢美食 |
[12:36] | Great idea, Joey Pogo. I’m in! | 好主意 乔伊·波哥 我加入 |
[12:39] | On you being in. On it. With me. | 你加入 加入我 |
[12:42] | I’ve got big ideas for this place. | 我已经有关于这间餐厅的想法了 |
[12:44] | One word… lazy Susans. | 就一个词… 餐桌转盘 |
[12:47] | Hold on. | 等一下 |
[12:47] | Before we make any rash decisions, should we maybe consider the long-term… | 在我们匆忙决定前 也许应该考虑一下长期的… |
[12:52] | Pickles, this guy on the phone is waiting, and I don’t want to be rude. | 酸黄瓜 电话那头正在等我 我可不想没礼貌 |
[12:56] | Sorry. Of course. Finish your conversation. | 抱歉 当然了 你先和他聊完 |
[12:58] | Sold! | 成交 |
[13:00] | – Now, you were saying? – …ramifications. | -你刚才说什么 -后果 |
[13:02] | Lazy Susans. | 餐桌转盘 |
[13:06] | Oh, Heidi, you’ll never bag a man | 海蒂 你永远找不到男人的 |
[13:08] | with all your talk of feminism, | 你满嘴女权主义 |
[13:10] | and your grandfather in Switzerland, and all your little goat friends… | 爷爷是瑞士人 还有那么多山羊朋友… |
[13:13] | Stop. Terry, this character is 28. | 停 特里 这个角色才28岁 |
[13:16] | Is that what you think a 28-year-old sounds like? | 你觉得28岁的人是这种声音吗 |
[13:19] | I mean, yes? | 是吧 |
[13:20] | You do the same old-man voice for every character. | 每个角色你都用老人的声音 |
[13:23] | Gotta have a gimmick if I’m gonna make it in the show business. | 如果我要进军演艺圈 总得有个看家绝活 |
[13:25] | In “the show business,” | 在”演艺圈”里 |
[13:26] | when they have old man characters, they cast real old men. | 老人的角色都是真正的老人演的 |
[13:29] | – I’ll show you. – Please don’t. | -等着瞧 -别 求你了 |
[13:31] | You’ll see. | 等着瞧 |
[13:33] | We still have 20 minutes of class left. | 还有20分钟才下课 |
[13:38] | I’d driven across that bridge drunk hundreds of times, but never on black ice. | 我无数次喝醉后开车经过那座桥 但从没打滑过 |
[13:42] | Back in my day, | 我们年轻的时候 |
[13:44] | – we called that “the hidden slipperies.” – Oh, no. | -管那叫”隐藏的打滑” -完蛋 |
[13:47] | But we didn’t go to meetings and talk about our problems. | 但我们不会聚在一起讨论自己的问题 |
[13:50] | – No, we made moonshine in bathtubs. – Please leave. Now. | -不 我们在浴缸里侃大山 -请你离开 马上 |
[13:53] | – Who’s Terry? – Nobody said Terry. | -特里是谁 -没人提到特里 |
[13:55] | Mind if I sit a spell? These old bones need a rest. | 我能坐一会吗 这把老骨头需要休息 |
[13:57] | Sure, take it easy. | 好吧 慢慢来 |
[13:58] | Everyone, this is another one of my students. | 各位 这是我的另一位学生 |
[14:01] | I’m very sorry, I have no idea why they think this is gonna impress me. | 非常抱歉 我不明白他们为何想用这种方式证明自己 |
[14:04] | I just relieved myself in my adult diaper. | 我刚尿在了成人纸尿裤里 |
[14:07] | Terry… | 特里… |
[14:08] | Here I am, in the twilight of my years, having drunk it all away. | 我已是风烛残年 酒精让我失去了一切 |
[14:12] | My job as an airline pilot… | 我作为飞行员的工作… |
[14:14] | – My son… – You don’t have a son. | -我的儿子… -你没有儿子 |
[14:16] | Not anymore I don’t, because I abandoned him. | 现在没有了 因为我抛弃了他 |
[14:19] | I abandoned my boy! | 我抛弃了我的儿子 |
[14:21] | – Papa? – My boy! | -爸爸 -我的儿 |
[14:22] | – Oh, my God. – Papa? Is that you? | -天啊 -爸爸 是你吗 |
[14:25] | I’ve gone blind, me has, from working in the distillery! | 我看不见了 因为我一直在酿酒厂工作 |
[14:28] | Oh, my sweet child! | 我亲爱的孩子 |
[14:36] | Todd, why don’t you and Ruthie go for a stroll | 托德 我和这些表演系学生对话时 |
[14:38] | while I talk to these acting students? | 你带露西出去遛个弯吧 |
[14:40] | She’s just a baby, and I don’t want to expose her to too much desperation. | 她还是个婴儿 我不想让她看到如此绝望的场面 |
[14:43] | You got it, boss. | 没问题 老板 |
[14:46] | Today, we have a very special guest. | 今天我们请到了一位嘉宾 |
[14:48] | This is my friend, Princess Carolyn, | 我的朋友 卡洛琳公主 |
[14:50] | who was nice enough to come here to talk about the business of acting. | 她百忙之中抽空赶来 和你们聊聊演艺圈的生意经 |
[14:55] | So, please do not embarrass me. | 拜托 别给我丢脸 |
[14:58] | Oh, no. | 糟糕 |
[14:59] | How many months until people get discovered, usually? | 被星探发现通常需要几个月 |
[15:02] | One? Two? Three? | 一个月 两个月 三个月 |
[15:05] | This is more of a comment than a question, but I’ve seen every Robert Altman movie. | 发表下看法而非问题 我看过罗伯特·奥特曼的每一部电影 |
[15:09] | What’s the best diner to be discovered in drinking a milkshake? | 在哪家餐厅喝奶昔最容易被星探发掘 |
[15:13] | What if I want to do nudity? Do I still have to sign a waiver? | 如果我自愿演裸戏 还需要签免责声明吗 |
[15:23] | Hey, who’s the kid that didn’t ask a question? | 那个没提问的孩子是谁 |
[15:25] | – The brooding kid in the back. – Oh, that’s Stan. | -后排那个在沉思的 -那是斯坦 |
[15:28] | That kid’s got it. | 那孩子有前途 |
[15:29] | The look, the sauce, | 长得帅 有味道 |
[15:30] | the power to make me feel like a 13-year-old girl, | 能让我觉得自己是个13岁的小姑娘 |
[15:33] | and to make a 13-year-old girl feel like a woman. | 让13岁的小姑娘觉得自己是个女人 |
[15:36] | I wanna cast him. | 我想带他走 |
[15:37] | – You haven’t even seen him act. – Is he good? | -你都没见过他演戏 -他演技如何 |
[15:39] | He’s the best actor I got. | 他是班上最好的演员 |
[15:42] | I had my doubts when he did the scene from Proof, | 他表演”证明”的片段时 我曾有过怀疑 |
[15:44] | but when he did the scene from Doubt, I thought, “There’s the proof.” | 但他演过”怀疑”的片段后 我想”这就是证明” |
[15:47] | – I have to sign him. – No. | -我必须签下他 -不行 |
[15:48] | Stan needs to finish school. He’s a sophomore. | 斯坦必须完成学业 他才大二 |
[15:51] | Great! A legal adult but he looks young. | 太好了 有着娃娃脸的成年人 |
[15:53] | He can play all the roles that other young, impressionable actors can’t | 他可以接下那些敏感的年轻演员演不了的角色 |
[15:56] | because they keep ODing, or going to prison, or going to rehab, | 因为他们都在嗑药 进监狱 康复中心 |
[15:59] | or killing themselves. | 或者自杀 |
[16:01] | – No, he’s not ready. – Why don’t we let Stan decide? | -他还没准备好 -让斯坦自己决定吧 |
[16:05] | I want to be your manager. | 我想做你的经理人 |
[16:07] | And I can get you Brooding Birthday Boy on “Birthday Dad” right now. | 你马上就能在”生日爸爸”里 扮演沉思的生日男孩 |
[16:12] | Stan, LA’s not going anywhere. | 斯坦 洛杉矶不会消失 |
[16:13] | But you need an education, something to keep you grounded. | 你需要教育 需要打好基础 |
[16:16] | Stan, look at me. You have an opportunity now. | 斯坦 看着我 你面前有一个好机会 |
[16:19] | What do you need, a piece of paper? You’re done with this place. | 你还需要什么文凭 你完全可以离开这里 |
[16:22] | Stan? Stan. Stan, Stan. | 斯坦 斯坦 斯坦 |
[16:24] | One day, you’re gonna look back and realize these days on campus, | 总有一天 当你回首往事 你会发现这段校园时光 |
[16:28] | they were the last days you were truly free. | 是你最后一段真正自由的日子 |
[16:31] | You want “free”? | 你想要”自由” |
[16:32] | Check out the Smirnoff Ice gifting suite at the Emmy Awards after-party! | 看看艾美奖庆功宴上发放的伏特加礼包 |
[16:35] | My whole career, all I wanted was to get to a place like this, | 我的整个演艺生涯里 我一直想要找到这样一个地方 |
[16:38] | and I didn’t even know it. | 尽管我一直不知道 |
[16:40] | Out there, there’s nothing to protect you. | 出去后 没什么能保护你了 |
[16:42] | No, but there’s a Patagonia jacket that says “Birthday Dad” on it | 没错 但你会拥有这件印着生日爸爸的巴塔哥尼亚外套 |
[16:45] | that you get from being on “Birthday Dad.” | 只要出演”生日爸爸”就能拥有 |
[16:48] | We’re safe here, Stan. Please, don’t make the mistake I did. | 我们在这很安全 斯坦 请你别犯我犯过的错误 |
[16:52] | Come on, you’ll get your own chair with your name on it! | 来吧 你会有专属的椅子 上面还有你的名字 |
[16:55] | – Damn it. – Oh, good boy. Yes, he’s a good boy. | -该死 -好孩子 他真是个好孩子 |
[16:59] | Okay, first thing, we’re gonna get these teeth fixed. | 好吧 我们得先帮你整牙 |
[17:14] | Marshmallow? | 棉花糖 |
[17:18] | Thanks! | 谢谢 |
[17:20] | That was for the child. | 那是给孩子的 |
[17:21] | Oh, should’ve specified. | 你应该说清楚 |
[17:23] | If she can abstain from eating the marshmallow for 15 minutes, | 如果她能自制 坚持15分钟不吃这颗棉花糖 |
[17:26] | she’ll receive an even bigger reward. | 就能得到更大的奖励 |
[17:28] | An even bigger reward than a marshmallow? | 比棉花糖更大的奖励 |
[17:31] | Remember these times, Ruthie. | 记住这些好时光 露西 |
[17:39] | – Go Todd for Maude! – You’re sitting in front of a marshmallow, | -喂 托德 我是莫德 -你面前有一颗棉花糖 |
[17:41] | and if you don’t eat it, you get a bigger reward in 15 minutes. | 如果你不吃掉它 15分钟后就能获得更大的奖励 |
[17:44] | – What do you do? – Don’t be a sucker, Todd. | -你会怎么做 -别傻了 托德 |
[17:45] | Eat the marshmallow. | 吃掉棉花糖 |
[17:47] | Who knows what the world’s gonna be like in 15 minutes? | 谁知道15分钟后 世界会变成什么样 |
[17:49] | That’s all I needed to hear. | 这就是我想听到的话 |
[17:50] | Thanks, Maude. | 谢谢你 莫德 |
[17:54] | Oh, no! What have I done? We’ve got to find another marshmallow! | 我都做了什么 我们得再找一颗棉花糖 |
[17:58] | Hey, Todd. You’ve got the Maude Squad. | 托德 这里是莫德帮 |
[18:00] | Just kidding, it’s just Maude. I don’t have a squad. | 开玩笑的 只有莫德而已 没有帮派 |
[18:02] | Maude? I didn’t go to college. | 莫德 我没上过大学 |
[18:04] | -Where can I get a marshmallow? -The dining hall? | -哪里可以找到棉花糖 -食堂 |
[18:06] | Dining hall? This is Wesleyan, not Hogwarts. | 食堂 这里是维思大学 不是霍格沃茨 |
[18:09] | What’s in a marshmallow anyway? Maybe I can make one. | 棉花糖里面都有什么 也许我能做一个 |
[18:12] | I think they’re mostly chemicals. | 大概都是化学物质吧 |
[18:14] | To the chemistry lab! | 向化学实验室前进 |
[18:19] | You! Make me a marshmallow! | 你 给我做个棉花糖 |
[18:22] | I’m trying to cure brain cancer. | 我在研究治愈脑癌的方法 |
[18:24] | That’s not important right now! | 这事现在不重要 |
[18:26] | If I don’t get a new marshmallow, | 如果我找不到棉花糖 |
[18:28] | some psychiatrist is gonna get mad at this baby. | 那个精神病学家就会对这孩子发脾气 |
[18:30] | A psychiatrist? | 精神病学家 |
[18:32] | I am so sick of the soft sciences wagging the dog | 我受够那些人文科学在讨论行为发育学时 |
[18:35] | in conversations of behavioral development. | 摇尾乞怜的样子 |
[18:37] | Let’s teach them a lesson! | 咱们给他们上一课 |
[18:52] | – I’m sorry, but the experiment’s over. – What? Why? | -抱歉 实验结束了 -什么 为什么 |
[18:55] | Because you ate the marshmallow. Good day, sir. | 因为你吃了棉花糖 再见 先生 |
[18:58] | Doctor? | 医生 |
[19:03] | You did it! | 你做到了 |
[19:04] | Hello, my name is Willie Wesleyan, and you’ve won the school, my boy! | 你好 我是威利·维思 你赢得了这所学校 |
[19:09] | Wesleyan University is yours. | 维思大学是你的了 |
[19:12] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[19:14] | Somebody needs to keep that stuffy old board of trustees in check | 在我飞升后 总得有人帮我应付 |
[19:17] | once I’ve shed this mortal skin. | 古板的董事会 |
[19:20] | Sorry about that. | 抱歉 |
[19:22] | We’re doing LSD research in the room next door. | 我们在隔壁做迷幻药研究 |
[19:24] | Come on, Mr. Phillips. Time to go. | 走吧 菲利普斯先生 |
[19:27] | The frozzleberries taste like banozzleberries! | 弗洛佐莓的味道好像巴诺佐莓 |
[19:29] | Yes, Mr. Phillips, everything tastes like something. | 对 菲利普斯先生 每种东西的味道都会和某种食物相似 |
[19:35] | So this is college. | 原来大学是这样的 |
[19:42] | – You wanted to see me? – Amy, yeah. Um, have a seat. | -您想见我 -艾米 请坐 |
[19:45] | So we’re nearing the end of the semester here, | 学期就要结束了 |
[19:48] | and I’m putting together the cast sheet for the student showcase. | 我正在研究学生汇演的演员表 |
[19:50] | This showcase is a big deal. | 这次汇报演出很重要 |
[19:53] | This might sound crazy coming from famous television star, BoJack Horseman, | 这话从著名电视剧演员马男波杰克嘴里说出来也许很奇怪 |
[19:57] | but in some ways, this showcase means even more to me | 但在某些方面 这场汇演对我的意义 |
[20:01] | than the very popular TV shows that, again, I was the star of. | 超过了我主演的那个著名电视剧 |
[20:04] | – It means a lot to me, too. – Does it? | -它对我也很重要 -是吗 |
[20:06] | ‘Cause you’ve been missing a lot of classes. | 你经常旷课 |
[20:07] | And forgetting your lines. You seem tired all the time, and… | 常常忘词 总是一副精疲力尽的样子… |
[20:10] | I can be better. I’ll prove it. | 我可以做得更好 我会证明 |
[20:13] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:15] | As the water rose, I remember fumbling through the glove compartment, | 水位慢慢上涨 我笨拙地翻动贮物箱 |
[20:18] | just praying that I could find a pin hammer | 祈祷我能找到一把锤子 |
[20:20] | so I could shatter the window. | 砸破车窗 |
[20:22] | – Uh, excuse me, is this… – No. Nope, no, no, no. Get out of here. | -不好意思 这里是不是… -不 不行 出去 |
[20:26] | – This has to stop. – What? | -必须到此为止了 -什么 |
[20:27] | This is a place for people who are serious about making a change, | 这里应该留给真心想要改变自己的人 |
[20:30] | not for desperate acting students pretending to have problems, Amy. | 而不是给假装有问题并不顾一切的表演系学生的 艾米 |
[20:34] | I was just trying to get help! | 我只是想寻求帮助 |
[20:36] | That was… | 这个… |
[20:49] | – Hey, do you know what this show’s about? – I think it’s about to start. | -你知道演出的主题吗 -我知道演出就要开始了 |
[20:53] | So keep your rugby voice on the field, okay? | 所以别像看橄榄球一样大吼大叫了 |
[20:55] | It turns out my hypothesis was correct. Kids love marshmallows. | 我的假说是正确的 孩子们都喜欢棉花糖 |
[20:59] | You don’t say. | 可不是 |
[21:00] | You still working on that memoir? | 你还在写回忆录吗 |
[21:02] | Well, funny story about that… | 说来好笑… |
[21:04] | Oh, I love when stories start like that! Ooh! You should put this one in your book. | 我喜欢这样开头的故事 你应该把这个写进书里 |
[21:11] | Where the hell is she? | 她去哪了 |
[21:13] | Horse professor, we’re ready when you are. | 马男教授 等你准备好就可以开始了 |
[21:17] | Lights. | 灯光 |
[21:21] | Hello. | 你们好 |
[21:22] | Thank you. Oh, wow, thank you. That’s very nice, thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 感谢各位 谢谢 |
[21:25] | Welcome to “An Evening of Modern American Scenes.” | 欢迎来到”美国现代戏剧之夜” |
[21:28] | The students are very excited to perform for you tonight. | 同学们都期待着为各位献上精彩的表演 |
[21:31] | They’ve come such a long way over the course of the semester. | 他们在这个学期取得了很大进步 |
[21:34] | Like, a really… a really long way. They were very bad before. | 非常大的进步 他们本来非常差劲 |
[21:38] | But now… | 但现在… |
[21:40] | Well, I mean, you’ll see for yourself, | 你们看了就知道了 |
[21:42] | But, um, I’m proud of them. | 我为他们骄傲 |
[21:46] | Anyway, first up is a scene from Sam German-Shepherd’s “Real America.” | 总之 第一幕选自德牧山姆的”真实美国” |
[21:53] | You think real America’s all about cowboys? | 你觉得真实的美国就是牛仔 |
[21:56] | Well, I say real America’s about business! And capitalism! | 我觉得真实的美国是商业 是资本主义 |
[22:00] | Hey, it’s Hollyhock. | 你好 我是霍莉霍克 |
[22:02] | – Leave a message, if you’re a hundred. – God damn it. | -请留言 如果你已经一百岁了 -真该死 |
[22:04] | I’m starting to think the real America is me kicking your ass! | 我觉得真实的美国就是我揍你一顿 |
[22:12] | BoJack? Oh, shit, your showcase! | 波杰克 该死 你的表演 |
[22:15] | Tawnie’s gonna be so pissed! | 桃妮会气死的 |
[22:17] | Forget Tawnie. I’m pissed! And it’s happening right now. | 别管桃妮了 我已经气死了 就现在 |
[22:19] | I’m sorry. I forgot. | 对不起 我忘了 |
[22:21] | I know your students just have to do a scene, but I have multiple final papers. | 你的学生们只要演一幕戏 我有好几篇期末论文要写 |
[22:26] | If you’re implying acting is a bullshit major, you’re right. | 如果你在暗示表演这个专业很垃圾 你没说错 |
[22:29] | But people came all the way from California to see my showcase. | 但有人专门从加州赶来看这场表演 |
[22:31] | From Chicago. You can’t even walk across campus? | 还有人从芝加哥过来 而你连穿过校园都不愿意 |
[22:34] | Okay, let me put some pants on. | 好吧 我去换条裤子 |
[22:37] | – You’ve been avoiding me all semester. – I just have a lot going on. | -整个学期 你一直在躲着我 -我真的很忙 |
[22:40] | I go to school here. I’m a college student. | 我在这儿上学 我是个大学生 |
[22:42] | – I thought I’d see you more. – This was mine before you got here. | -我以为我们能多见几面 -你来之前 这一切都是我的 |
[22:45] | This was my life, my world, and you just, like, live here now. | 我的生活 我的世界 可现在你也… 住进来了 |
[22:49] | And you could have asked me, by the way. | 对了 你来之前应该问问我的意见 |
[22:52] | Okay, I’m sorry. I guess I thought my sister… | 对不起 我以为我的妹妹… |
[22:55] | No, don’t say that. Like it means something. | 别说这个 好像它有什么意义一样 |
[22:58] | – It does mean something. – We don’t know each other, really. | -它当然有意义 -我们其实并不熟 |
[23:01] | – What? – No, I’m just saying it’s fine. | -什么 -不 我的意思是 这样也挺好 |
[23:04] | I had a life before I met you, and you had a life before you met me. | 遇见你之前 我有自己的生活 你也一样 |
[23:09] | I don’t want that life. | 我不想要那种生活 |
[23:10] | That life, that person? That’s not who I am, I… | 那种生活 那个人 不是真正的我 我… |
[23:15] | I’m sorry I came here without asking you first. | 对不起 我没问你的意见就搬了过来 |
[23:18] | That was selfish. | 我太自私了 |
[23:19] | Okay. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[23:21] | If this is too weird for you, I don’t have to come back next semester. | 如果你觉得这样很奇怪 我下个学期就不来了 |
[23:25] | I can get a job somewhere else. | 我可以去别的地方找份工作 |
[23:27] | Tawnie says you’re a really good teacher. | 桃妮说你是个很棒的老师 |
[23:30] | She did? Huh. I thought you were in a fight. | 是吗 你们不是在吵架吗 |
[23:32] | Yeah, but I still love her. | 对 但我依然爱她 |
[23:35] | Are we in a fight? | 我们在吵架吗 |
[23:37] | Yeah, but… | 对 但… |
[23:39] | Yeah. | 对 |
[23:41] | I should get back to the show. | 我该回剧场了 |
[23:42] | If you want to come back in the fall, that could be cool. | 如果下学期回来继续 也没问题 |
[23:47] | – Yeah? – Just… | -是吗 -只是… |
[23:48] | We need to take things slow, you know? | 我们需要慢慢来 你知道吗 |
[23:51] | Yeah. I know. | 我知道 |
[23:54] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[23:55] | And in that moment, I knew this was my home. | 那一刻我终于明白 这里就是我的家 |
[24:02] | And as long as I was here, | 只要我留在这里 |
[24:05] | I’d be safe. | 我就是安全的 |
[24:07] | But then again, what do I know? | 不过 我又懂些什么呢 |
[24:09] | I’m just a 15-year-old boy living in Brighton Beach. | 我不过是住在布莱顿海滩的一个15岁的小男孩而已 |
[24:21] | Yeah! | 太棒了 |
[24:23] | Horse professor. | 马男教授 |
[24:24] | – Come on. Get up here. – No, no, no. | -来吧 到台上来 -不用 |
[24:26] | – Get up here. – No, no, no. Come on. | -上来吧 -不用 别这样 |
[24:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:34] | Thank you so much. | 非常感谢 |
[24:53] | Hello? | 喂 |
[24:54] | – You need to stop this. – What? | -你必须制止他们 -什么 |
[24:57] | The reporters who keep trying to get Penny to tell her story. | 那些记者一直在逼佩妮说出她的故事 |
[25:00] | What… What reporters? | 什么… 记者 |
[25:01] | Whatever they’re doing, I don’t want to be included, okay? | 不管他们想干什么 我不想掺和进去 好吗 |
[25:04] | I don’t want my daughter to be included. | 我也不希望我女儿掺和进去 |
[25:07] | Charlotte, I swear, I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 夏洛特 我发誓 我不清楚你在说什么 |
[25:09] | Well, you better figure it out. | 那你就快点弄清楚 |