时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | So you said let’s do the show about the horse, | 你说要录一期关于马的秀 |
[00:08] | – but this time without the horse. – I know, I’m sorry. | -但是不出现马 -我知道 抱歉 |
[00:11] | And I said “That’s a terrible idea.” | 我说”这创意太烂了” |
[00:13] | And you said, “I got someone even better.” I got… | 你说”我有更好的人选” 结果… |
[00:15] | – What’s this asshole’s name again? – Vincent D’Onofrio. | -这混蛋是谁 -文森特·多诺费奥 |
[00:19] | – And here we are. – Okay. Action! | -结果这样了 -好 开始 |
[00:23] | Hey, Zoe. Hey, Zelda. | 喂 佐伊 喂 萨尔达 |
[00:26] | – I forgot my boombox. – And your deodorant. | -我忘了手提音响 -还有你的除臭剂吧 |
[00:29] | PU, mister. | 好恶心 先生 |
[00:32] | – Zoe, that’s no way to get adopted. – Adopted, by me? | -佐伊 这样可不会被收养 -我收养你们吗 |
[00:35] | Children, I’m a single breakdancing instructor | 孩子 我是霹雳舞教练 单身 |
[00:37] | who can barely take care of himself. | 勉勉强强照顾自己 |
[00:39] | Plus, I’m too rad to be a dad. | 另外 我这么优秀的人可不想做爸爸 |
[00:45] | And shake it up. | 来 动起来 |
[00:48] | Cut! | 停 |
[00:50] | It’s fine, Katrina. | 没事 卡特里娜 |
[00:51] | If I didn’t randomly wander into doors all the time, | 要不是经常”串门” |
[00:54] | I never would have ended up co-piloting the very plane | 我才没机会当副驾驶 |
[00:56] | that brought me to Los Angeles. | 一路飞到洛杉矶 |
[00:57] | Excuse me, didn’t you see the flashing red light outside the door? | 不好意思 你没看到门外红色警示灯吗 |
[01:01] | Of course. That’s why I stopped… | 当然看到了 不然我怎么会停下来… |
[01:04] | what I was doing to come inside. | 走进来呢 |
[01:07] | Are you filming a sitcom? I love sitcoms! | 你们在拍情景喜剧吗 我超喜欢的 |
[01:10] | You should have a character say, “Talk to the hand.” | 得安排个演员说 “跟手说去” |
[01:13] | The hand! Not the face, where the ears are. | 手哦 不是长着耳朵的脸哦 |
[01:16] | Newsflash: hands can’t hear. | 插播一句 手可听不到人话 |
[01:18] | What do you mean the character needs to be more likable? | 人物性格要更可爱 你什么意思 |
[01:21] | They don’t teach likability at the American Stanislavski Theatre. | 美国斯坦尼斯拉夫斯基剧院可不教人怎么变小可爱 |
[01:24] | Look, this is not about your acting. | 听着 这跟你的演技无关 |
[01:26] | You don’t want an actor, you want a blank canvas | 你要的不是演员 是一块空白画布 |
[01:28] | upon which to project your own mawkish notions of goodness. | 来展现你那自作多情的美感 |
[01:32] | 1967年奥斯卡最佳影片 A Man For All Seasons/永远走红的人 | |
[01:32] | Some man for all seasons up for a bit of anything– | “永远走红的人”已经准备好 |
[01:35] | cheerful, optimistic, indomitable. | 爽朗 乐观 不屈不挠 |
[01:37] | I assure you no such man exists. | 我敢打赌 这世上没有这样的人 |
[01:41] | But you’re welcome to keep looking. | 愿你一生追寻不到 |
[01:43] | This D’Onofrio has had enoughfrio. | 本多诺费奥再也当不了你的小费奥了 |
[01:47] | But my favorite scenes are when a character | 但我最喜欢的场景是 |
[01:49] | is completely oblivious to something really important going on behind him. | 演员完全没注意到他身后将有大事发生 |
[01:53] | That, dear friends, is where the sit truly hits the com. | 亲爱的朋友们 这才是情景喜剧的真谛啊 |
[01:56] | – Excuse me. – Kind of in the middle of something. | -打扰一下 -我还没讲完 |
[01:58] | – He’s yakking away, tension’s building… – Hey, you, sir. | -他还在喋喋不休 气氛已紧张到不行 -先生 |
[02:00] | …the audience is like, “Hey, buddy, turn around.” | …观众们暗示他 “兄弟 转个身” |
[02:02] | Maybe the person behind him even interrupts him– | 或许身后的人会打断他 |
[02:04] | – Can we talk to you for a second? – Just like that. | -能聊一下吗 -就像这样 |
[02:06] | And then, when it would be ridiculous to go on even one second longer… | 然后 场面一度十分尴尬 |
[02:10] | – My name is David Chase. – Do you mind? | -我是大卫·切斯 -安静点 |
[02:12] | Only then does he say, exasperated, | 这时候他才恼怒 |
[02:15] | “What? What do you want?” | 怎样 你想怎么样 |
[02:17] | I want your face on billboards, you beautiful nonsensical clown prince. | 我想让你上广告 你个蠢汪活宝 |
[02:21] | Doggie-doggie what now? | 汪汪 还等什么呢 |
[02:24] | Kid, how’d you like to be the star | 孩子 你愿不愿意试试 |
[02:26] | of “Untitled Horsin’ Around Knockoff”? | 《胡闹的小马》模仿作品 |
[02:29] | Me, a star? But I have no experience, no formal training. | 让我当明星 我没经验 也不是科班出身 |
[02:34] | You, you don’t need any of those things. | 你完全不需要这些 |
[02:37] | You got “it.” | 你有天赋 |
[03:37] | Hey, BoJack, it’s me again. | 波杰克 又是我 |
[03:42] | I haven’t heard from you in, like, three months, | 我们好像三个月没联系了 |
[03:45] | so I’m calling again to make sure you’re okay. | 所以我再打个电话确认你一切安好 |
[03:50] | What’s new with me? | 最近过得怎么样 |
[03:51] | Well… | 这个… |
[03:52] | Monocle? | 《单片眼镜》杂志 |
[03:54] | No, I think you’re thinking of Mr. Peanut. | 我觉得你说的是花生酱先生 |
[03:56] | I don’t know if you heard | 不知道你有没有听说 |
[03:58] | but Mr. Peanutbutter is running for governor, kind of. | 花生酱先生在准备竞选州长 |
[04:01] | I want a comprehensive crisscross of cold calls to Contra Costa County. | 给我全方位无死角电话轰炸康特拉科斯塔县 |
[04:04] | I mean, Christ, people, get me signatures. | 天哪 赶紧给我拉选票 |
[04:06] | First, they need to get Woodchuck Coodchuck-Berkowitz recalled, | 首先 他们必须打败旱獭先生伯科威茨 |
[04:09] | which is basically impossible. | 但可能性几乎为零 |
[04:11] | So that actually makes it really easy for me to be supportive. | 所以我支不支持并没什么用 |
[04:15] | – How’s the recall effort? – Stupendous! | -进展如何 -牛爆了 |
[04:18] | No. We’re about 4,000 signatures shy of stupendous, | 想多了 我们还落后大约4000张选票 |
[04:21] | and the deadline’s in a week. | 一周内投票就截止了 |
[04:23] | Even if you don’t get all the signatures I’ll still be proud of you. | 即使拿不下这些选票 我依然以你为傲 |
[04:26] | Maybe even more so. | 或许更是如此 |
[04:27] | But when we do get the signatures we need– | 当我们拿下选票的时候 |
[04:29] | – please note I said “when,” not “if”… – Noted. | -我是说”当”不是”假如”… -知道了 |
[04:31] | …then the campaign will begin in… where did you say again, Katrina? | …竞选将在哪里举行的 卡特里娜 |
[04:35] | Earnest. When we get the signatures, the campaign will begin in earnest. | 认真点 我们拿到选票时 竞选就正式开始了 |
[04:38] | Right. Earnest, California. | 没错 加州欧内斯特 |
[04:40] | Earnest is not a city in Cal– Why do I try? | 不是什么鬼加州欧内斯特… 我还解释个屁 |
[04:43] | Looks like you two have everything worked out. | 看起来你们进展非常顺利 |
[04:45] | Just please note that I am being supportive. | 但我也随时愿意效劳 |
[04:48] | Noted! | 收到 |
[04:49] | Most women wouldn’t like having their husband’s ex-wife | 绝大多数女性不愿意看到他们丈夫的前妻 |
[04:51] | hanging around all the time, but I’m totally cool with it | 成天阴魂不散 但我觉得还行 |
[04:53] | because she makes me look super chill by comparison. | 至少她让我相比而言更酷 |
[04:57] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:58] | Anyway, call me back. | 总之 给我回电 |
[05:00] | This is Diane, by the way. Nguyen, obviously. | 对了 我是戴安·阮 |
[05:03] | VIM管理公司 打败旱獭 | |
[05:06] | You sure you wouldn’t rather just play a governor | 你确定不更想在电视或电影里面 |
[05:08] | in a movie or TV show? | 饰演州长一角 |
[05:09] | I could attach Tommy Schlamme to direct. | 我给你请汤米·施拉姆导演 |
[05:11] | Tommy Schlamme, Shmommy Schlamme. | 汤米·施拉姆 小汤汤 |
[05:14] | This is bigger than all that. Don’t you recall? | 差点忘了正事 你忘了吗 |
[05:16] | – Recall what? – The governor. We need signatures. | -忘了什么 -州长大选 我们在拉票 |
[05:19] | Sure. Where do you stand on the issues? | 没问题 你竞选口号是什么 |
[05:21] | He doesn’t stand anywhere on issues | 他懂个屁 |
[05:24] | because he’s not running for governor yet. | 因为他还没开始竞选 |
[05:25] | I’m mainly for people right now and also for the future. | 一切为了人民 为了人民的未来 |
[05:30] | Listen, I’m not feeling so hot. | 听着 我有点不舒服 |
[05:32] | Why don’t you go get signatures downstairs. | 你们去楼下拉票吧 |
[05:34] | Jennifer Garner’s in the lobby. She’ll sign on to anything. | 詹妮弗·加纳在大堂 她天天给人签名 |
[05:38] | Judah! Can I get your John Wilkes Hancock? | 犹大 能不能签上你的大名约翰·威尔克斯·汉考克 |
[05:40] | Oh, I never developed a signature. | 我从来不练签名 |
[05:41] | I find them unnecessarily ostentatious. | 没什么好炫的 |
[05:43] | But I can print my name legibly. | 反正我可以打印得清清楚楚 |
[05:45] | Thank you, Rain Man-bun. That’ll do nicely. | 谢了 “雨人”兄弟 完美 |
[05:48] | Okay. | 再见 |
[05:50] | Ralph dropped this off for you. | 拉尔夫送来这个 |
[05:52] | “I always make a beeline | 我想飞向你 |
[05:54] | to see my feline.” | 我的小猫咪 |
[05:57] | Also, you wanted me to remind you about | 你让我提醒你 |
[05:59] | FX’s “American Dead Girl” miniseries. | FX的《美国死亡女孩》迷你剧 |
[06:02] | That’s right! What trainwreck are we rubbernecking at this year? | 没错 今年我们会看到什么怪胎 |
[06:05] | They’re doing the Sarah Lynn story | 他们在拍萨拉·琳的故事 |
[06:06] | and they’re looking for someone to play BoJack. | 还在找人演波杰克 |
[06:13] | Well, as I was saying, FX is looking for a BoJack Horseman– | FX确实在找人演马男波杰克 |
[06:17] | Horseman– Ho– | 马男… |
[06:20] | So, as we discussed earlier, | 我们之前讨论过 |
[06:22] | is this one of the moments where you would want privacy? | 这种时候你是不是想要我回避一下 |
[06:27] | You know what I’d do if I had eight million dollars? | 你猜我要是有800万会做什么 |
[06:30] | – Yeah, you’d give it to the waitress. – Oh, no, no, no. | -给女服务员 -不不不 |
[06:32] | I mean, if I had eight million dollars now, | 我是说如果我现在手里有800万 |
[06:35] | I’d start a company that makes remote-controlled drones. | 我肯定要开个公司造遥控无人机 |
[06:38] | But these drones have a seat hanging from the bottom | 让这些无人机机身下面吊着座位 |
[06:42] | so you can fly around in it. | 你可以坐在上面翱翔天空 |
[06:44] | A drone with a throne. A drone throne. | 吊着王座的无人机 无人机王座 |
[06:49] | But if you’re in it, isn’t it not a drone? | 你要是坐上去 那还能叫无人机吗 |
[06:50] | I feel like you’re getting really hung up on labels. | 你就别跟我咬文嚼字了 |
[06:53] | Well, anyways, with my eight million dollars | 不过 要是我有800万 |
[06:55] | I’m starting a new dating app just for firemen | 我肯定要开发新的交友软件 |
[06:59] | and redheaded women named Emily. | 专供消防员和红发艾米丽 |
[07:00] | You don’t need an app, just hang out with me. | 你不需要交友软件 跟哥约吧 |
[07:03] | Todd, you’re great. | 陶德 你很好 |
[07:05] | What a way to end a sentence. | 你这话说的 |
[07:06] | But I want a boyfriend who isn’t asexual. | 但我不想要个性冷淡的男朋友 |
[07:11] | Why did you call me that? | 你凭什么说我性冷淡 |
[07:12] | No, no, it’s not bad. I didn’t mean it negatively. | 不 不 别多想 我不是那个意思 |
[07:15] | I was just, like, stating it. | 我只是客观描述… |
[07:16] | I’m not– that word doesn’t describe– | 我才不是… |
[07:18] | Okay, I’m sorry, whatever you call yourself, | 抱歉 不管你怎么说自己 |
[07:21] | you’re my friend and I support you. | 你都是我的老铁 我挺你 |
[07:23] | But sometimes labels can be helpful. | 但有时候”贴标签”还是管用的 |
[07:27] | Well, I would label this conversation “rough”. | 好吧 我们这次对话真的”扎心了” |
[07:31] | Here’s the check. | 这是您的账单 |
[07:32] | And this cow likes getting tipped. | 本牛牛喜欢小费哦 |
[07:38] | Hey, BoJack, it’s me again, voicemail number 17. | 波杰克 又是我 第17条语音留言 |
[07:41] | Did I tell you I’m working at a blog? | 我有告诉你我现在做博客吗 |
[07:43] | I wrote a story about an all-girl refugee kickball league. | 写的是女难民足球联盟的故事 |
[07:45] | It didn’t get as many clicks as | 点击率不如 |
[07:46] | Gillian’s story about how in certain pictures | 吉莉安写的在照片里寻找 |
[07:48] | you can see the outline of Chris Hemsworth’s penis | 克里斯·海姆斯沃斯大鸟轮廓的方法 |
[07:50] | but, you know, we’re all contributing in our own ways. | 但是我们只是方式不同 |
[07:53] | Anyway, it’s weird not having you around. | 不过 没你在 真奇怪 |
[07:56] | I hope you’re okay, wherever you are. | 不论你身在何处 我都希望你好好的 |
[08:03] | “I’m so smitten with my favorite little adult cat.” | 我已神魂颠倒 迷人的小猫猫 |
[08:07] | I love it. | 甜死我了 |
[08:08] | I’m sorry I couldn’t make it | 抱歉 我昨晚没能去 |
[08:10] | to the “Paul Blart 3: Till Death Do Us Blart” premiere last night. | 《百货战警3:永不分离》首映礼 |
[08:13] | I had a doctor’s appointment. | 我约了医生 |
[08:15] | – Is everything okay? – Yeah, yeah, it’s fine. | -你还好吧 -还好 没事 |
[08:17] | I don’t like not knowing where you are, | 我想时刻知道你在哪里 |
[08:19] | especially when we live three freeways | 现在我们的住处隔着 |
[08:20] | and an unprotected left turn away from each other. | 三条高速公路和一个不安全的左转信号灯 |
[08:23] | I was thinking, what if you move somewhere closer to me, | 我在想 你是不是得搬的离我近一些 |
[08:26] | like into my house? | 比如我家 |
[08:28] | Wow! | 天哪 |
[08:28] | Would you, could you, with a mouse? | 你愿意吗 与鼠为伴 |
[08:31] | I could, and I would, but it’s not a good time. | 我愿意 非常愿意 但时机未到 |
[08:34] | Oh, okay. | 好吧 |
[08:36] | – I’m sorry. – No, no, it’s fine. There’s no hurry. | -抱歉 -不 没关系 急不来 |
[08:38] | – We’re still young, right? – Oh, yeah, I’m super young. | -我们还很年轻 不是吗 -是啊 我还嫩得很 |
[08:41] | Blake Lively accidentally called me Mommy yesterday, | 布莱克·莱弗利昨天竟然叫我大妈 |
[08:43] | but I’m sure she does that to other young women all the time. | 我敢打赌 她也这样叫其他年轻姑娘 |
[08:52] | Churro-flavored waffles! | 油炸华夫糕 |
[09:01] | Drone Throne. | 无人机王座 |
[09:06] | Okay, Todd. Whoa! | 陶德 |
[09:08] | Oh, God, today’s the day. | 天哪 今天揭晓大选结果了 |
[09:10] | I haven’t been this nervous since Diane was vacuuming | 我很久没这么紧张了 上次还是国庆节那天 |
[09:12] | during a thunderstorm on the Fourth of July, | 电闪雷鸣 戴安在用吸尘器打扫卫生 |
[09:14] | I had to take a bath, and there was a stranger in our yard. | 我在洗澡 结果有人闯入我们家院子 |
[09:16] | There’s no need to be nervous, or calm for that matter | 放松点 没必要紧张 |
[09:18] | because you’ve already lost. | 因为你已经输了 |
[09:20] | We’re 1,600 signatures short and the clock runs out at 9:00 AM. | 9点的时候 我们还落后1600票 |
[09:23] | So it’s gonna take a miracle, huh? | 那就期待奇迹吧 |
[09:26] | Oh, no! It’s over. | 全完了 |
[09:28] | Everyone can get out of my house now. | 大家都出去吧 |
[09:31] | Tough break, kid. We’re all in shock. | 真可惜啊 我们都震惊了 |
[09:33] | McG! Are you still looking for a star | 麦克金提导演 你还在物色明星 |
[09:35] | for your transgender Teddy Roosevelt | 重启跨性别题材电影 |
[09:37] | “Planes Trains and Automobiles” reboot, | 《变性人泰迪·罗斯福旅行历险记》吗 |
[09:39] | “Plans, Trans, A Man, A Canal, Panama”? | 旅行计划 变性人 男人 巴拿马运河 |
[09:41] | Because someone just became available. | 我这儿刚好有人有档期 |
[09:44] | I don’t understand what happened. | 发生了什么 我一头雾水 |
[09:46] | Let me put it in terms your dumb dog brain can comprehend. | 让我来解释一下 蠢汪猪脑子 |
[09:49] | All your life people have been throwing you bones | 大家之所以支持你 |
[09:52] | because they like you, | 因为他们喜欢你 |
[09:54] | but everyone has a ceiling to their likability. | 但是喜欢是有上限的 |
[09:56] | This is a bone you can’t have, | 这就是一种上限 |
[09:58] | because people just don’t like you enough. | 因为大家其实没那么喜欢你 |
[10:03] | – I’m sorry, Mr. Peanutbutter. – You know, it’s funny. | -抱歉 花生酱先生 -这太搞笑了 |
[10:06] | Personally I like Woodchuck and he’s a fine governor, | 就我个人而言 旱獭会是个不错的州长 |
[10:09] | but for some reason even though I have zero qualifications | 但我肯定能比他做的更好 |
[10:12] | I honestly thought I would have made an even better governor. | 虽然我没有资格这么说 |
[10:15] | Well, what matters is you tried. | 你已尽力而为 |
[10:17] | But I would have been good, right? | 我本可以做好的 不是吗 |
[10:18] | Now that there’s no chance you will ever be governor, | 既然你已经没机会当州长 |
[10:21] | I can tell you honestly… | 我觉得你还是… |
[10:23] | Yes. You would have been great. | 没错 你可以做得很棒 |
[10:26] | Stop. But seriously, though, elaborate. | 打住 但说真的 一点没错 |
[10:28] | You care about people, you follow your heart. | 在意大家 随心而活 |
[10:31] | Those are important qualities you should never give up on. | 这些是你永远都不该放弃的品格 |
[10:34] | So what you’re saying is I shouldn’t give up? | 所以你是说不该放弃竞选 对吧 |
[10:36] | – On those qualities. – Yeah. Never concede. | -我是说那些品格 -没错 永不言败 |
[10:39] | Stick it out, stay in the race. | 坚持竞选 决不放弃 |
[10:41] | Maybe we should get Katrina’s two cents on this. | 或许我们应该听听卡特里娜的意见 |
[10:43] | – Katrina? – Race. That’s it, Diane! | -卡特里娜 -继续竞选 戴安 |
[10:45] | You diabolical Thin Mint. | 你这磨人的巧克力小点心 |
[10:47] | You, and only you, | 只有你 |
[10:49] | are responsible for the great thing I am about to do. | 为我要干的大事业尽心尽责 |
[10:52] | Katrina? | 卡特里娜 |
[10:57] | Thank you, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:58] | Moments ago I found myself in what seemed to be a no-win situation. | 就在刚才 我发现自己毫无胜算 |
[11:02] | But it turns out it was a “Nguyen situation.” | 但其实并非如此 |
[11:06] | I’m referring of course to my supportive wife Diane Nguyen, | 我说的是我老婆戴安·阮 她一直支持我 |
[11:09] | who told me to never give up! | 是她鼓励我永不放弃 |
[11:12] | And that’s why I am challenging Woodchuck Coodchuck-Berkowitz | 所以我要挑战旱獭先生伯科威茨 |
[11:16] | – to a ski race down Devil’s Mountain. – What? | -到魔鬼山来一场滑雪赛 -扯淡 |
[11:19] | No more petitions or fancy ballot initiatives, | 不要搞请愿 也不要搞公投 |
[11:21] | just a mano a mano, no-holds-barred slippery slalom | 让我们一对一单挑 从冰峰滑下 |
[11:25] | down an ice-covered peak. | 看看谁厉害 |
[11:27] | Winner gets to be governor, loser goes home. | 胜者州长 败者家长 |
[11:29] | Your move, Governor. Mic drop! | 行动吧 州长 关麦克风 |
[11:36] | What the hell is he talking about? | 他在胡扯什么鬼东西 |
[11:38] | It sounds like he’s challenging you to a ski race down Devil’s Mountain. | 他好像要在魔鬼山挑战你滑雪 |
[11:41] | What an absurd conceit. Do I even need to respond to this? | 这太荒诞了 我需要对此作出回应吗 |
[11:44] | No, sir. | 没必要 先生 |
[11:45] | Because I’d rather focus on my drought relief optimization | 我情愿花时间研究抗旱优化措施 |
[11:49] | using geohydration technology, or DROUGHT plan. | 应用地球水化技术 或”旱灾计划” |
[11:53] | If I know anything, this story will go away in a couple of days. | 依我看 这场闹剧很快就会结束 |
[11:58] | Now Mr. Peanutbutter, | 您好 花生酱先生 |
[11:59] | you challenged Woodchuck to a ski race a month ago. | 一个月前您挑战旱獭先生比赛滑雪 |
[12:03] | Not just any ski race, a high-stakes dash down Devil’s Mountain | 不是滑雪那么简单 我们是要去魔鬼山俯冲直下 |
[12:05] | for the governorship itself. | 为州长一职而战 |
[12:07] | But still no comment from the governor. | 但州长先生目前没有回应 |
[12:09] | Why won’t he race you? That’s what I want to know. | 他为什么不接受你的挑战 这是我想知道的事 |
[12:12] | You and me both, friendo. | 兄弟 我也想知道 |
[12:13] | But this isn’t an us-ocracy, it’s a dem-ocracy. | 当然这不是我们说了算的 这是民主 |
[12:18] | So let’s ask “dem” what they think. | 所以我们听听民众是怎么想的 |
[12:20] | Any questions for the governor, folks? | 大家有什么想问州长的吗 |
[12:22] | Why won’t Woodchuck race? | 旱獭先生为什么不敢接受挑战 |
[12:26] | So, to be clear, my DROUGHT plan is actually a drought relief plan. | 其实我的”旱灾计划”是抗旱计划 |
[12:30] | I see now how that’s confusing. Any other questions? | 我知道这有点费解 还有其他问题吗 |
[12:33] | Are you going to race Mr. Peanutbutter? | 您要接受花生酱先生的挑战吗 |
[12:35] | Any questions about the DROUGHT plan? | 有没有关于”旱灾计划”的问题 |
[12:38] | To ski or not to ski? | 滑或者不滑 |
[12:40] | That was the question posed by William Shakespeare | 是莎士比亚提出的问题 |
[12:43] | and it’s perhaps even more relevant today. | 但这更贴近当今社会 |
[12:45] | Of course, there are reasons why a gubernatorial election | 当然 州长选举不能由滑雪比赛来定 |
[12:48] | should not be decided by a ski race, | 还是有诸多原因的 |
[12:50] | but are there also reasons why it should? | 但是也有人认为可以这样做 |
[12:53] | For the sake of “fairness” | 为了公平起见 |
[12:54] | we brought in two experts with opposite opinions | 我们请来了两位意见不同的专家 |
[12:57] | who will now have equal time to just say those opinions | 他们将跟我们分享各自的观点 |
[12:59] | because that’s what news is. | 这才是我们的新闻 |
[13:02] | You think they’ll really race down Devil’s Mountain? | 你们觉得他们会去魔鬼山一决雌雄吗 |
[13:04] | What do I care? As long as I’ve got my giant bag of kettle corn | 关我屁事 我只在乎我手里的 |
[13:08] | that’s the only thing that concerns me. | 一大包甜爆米花 |
[13:11] | – What the? – Drone Throne strikes again! | -见鬼了 -无人机王座再次来袭 |
[13:14] | Get back here with my kettle corn! | 快他妈把我的爆米花放下来 |
[13:16] | You can’t call it a drone if you’re riding on it. | 如果你坐上上面 就不算无人机了 |
[13:19] | Suckers! Hooray! | 笨蛋 欢呼吧 |
[13:21] | Oh, no! | 卧槽 |
[13:23] | Aw, man. | 见鬼 |
[13:24] | I was hoisted by my own petard, | 万万没想到 |
[13:27] | the one petard I thought would never hoist me. | 我这回真是害人害己 |
[13:32] | Unprecedented poppycock. | 真他妈扯淡 |
[13:34] | This poppycock has no precedent. | 这种扯淡真是史无前例 |
[13:35] | Maybe it’s time to make a statement. | 或许你该发声了 |
[13:38] | Madeline, no. | 不行 马德琳 |
[13:40] | This outlandish buffoonery is beneath the office of the governor. | 这种滑稽的事有损州长办公室形象 |
[13:42] | I can’t defile the legacy of my predecessors | 我绝不能玷污前辈们的名誉 |
[13:45] | who built the Golden Gate Bridge, irrigated the Central Valley, | 他们建造了金门大桥 灌溉了中央山谷 |
[13:48] | and played Mr. Freeze in a Batman movie. | 扮演了《蝙蝠侠》中的急冻人的形象 |
[13:51] | Can’t you see this thing is eating you alive? | 你难道没发现这件事会生吞了你 |
[13:54] | Do it for us, Woodcharles. Do it for us. | 为了我们 你还是发个声明吧 旱獭 |
[14:00] | And so this ski race would be both undemocratic and unconstitutional, | 这个滑雪比赛不民主也不合法 |
[14:06] | which is why I will not be racing Mr. Peanutbutter down Devil’s Mountain. | 我不接受花生酱先生挑战的原因如上 |
[14:11] | What if the state constitution would change to allow it? | 如果宪法修改同意这样的事呢 |
[14:13] | Then would you race Mr. Peanutbutter? | 您会接受挑战吗 |
[14:17] | Fine. If a state senator wanted to waste everybody’s time | 好吧 如果州参议员愿意 |
[14:20] | by sponsoring an amendment to the constitution, | 浪费民众的时间来修改宪法 |
[14:23] | and the motion got two-thirds majority in both houses | 那么至少要获两院三分之二以上的同意 |
[14:25] | so as to allow a democratically-elected governor | 才能要求一个民主选举州长 |
[14:29] | to accept a ski race challenge for his office, | 接受这样的滑雪挑战 |
[14:32] | then yes, I would race Mr. Peanutbutter. | 那么 我很乐意接受挑战 |
[14:36] | Well, I guess that puts that idea to bed, right? | 看来这事已经快要定论了 |
[14:39] | Right? | 是吗 |
[14:41] | Right?! | 是吗 |
[14:46] | You want me to sponsor a ski race amendment to the constitution? | 你想让我支持宪法滑雪比赛修订案吗 |
[14:51] | Or you could sponsor the amendment that has a hidden rider | 要不然你签署这份附加条款 |
[14:53] | doubling farm subsidies in your district. | 将辖区的农业补贴增加一倍 |
[14:56] | – Inglewood could use some farms. – That’s right. | -英格尔伍德正需要一些农场 -没错 |
[15:00] | I do have these campaign donors– I mean, constituents | 确实有一些竞选捐赠者 我是说那些 |
[15:03] | who really care about babies’ access to vaping devices. | 更关注婴接触电子烟一事的选民 |
[15:07] | I’ve always wanted to drive across a bridge to Hawaii. | 我一直梦想能开着车直达夏威夷 |
[15:11] | – Can we do that? – You got it. | -能实现吗 -没问题 |
[15:12] | Aloha! | 你好啊 |
[15:18] | It tickles. | 好痒 |
[15:23] | I’m astounded that it has come to this. | 我很震惊 事情竟发展到这个地步 |
[15:27] | But since the exorbitantly expensive | 既然如此昂贵 |
[15:29] | and astonishingly titled I Love California amendment is now law, | 如此惊人的”我爱加州”修订案已通过 |
[15:34] | I formally accept Mr. Peanutbutter’s challenge to a ski race. | 我正式接受花生酱先生的滑雪挑战 |
[15:38] | It happens that I’m an excellent skier | 碰巧我是个滑雪高手 |
[15:40] | who won numerous medals in the sport when I raced for Dartmouth | 曾为达特茅斯学院赢得无数奖牌 |
[15:43] | but, again, I am shocked that fact is relevant | 但 我万万没想到 |
[15:45] | in the matter of selecting our state’s governor. | 这竟然关系到州长选举 |
[15:48] | Mr. Peanutbutter, I will see you on Devil’s Mountain. | 花生酱先生 我们魔鬼山 不见不散 |
[15:54] | – Whoa! – This is insane. | -厉害了 -这下搞笑了 |
[15:56] | You could actually become governor by winning a race. | 你真能靠滑雪比赛赢得州长一职 |
[15:58] | Yeah. Wow. | 没错 |
[16:00] | You know, it’s days like this I wish I knew how to ski. | 这样的话 我得想想怎么滑雪 |
[16:04] | – You don’t ski? – Never really got into it, no. | -你不会滑雪吗 -从没滑过 |
[16:07] | Then why did you challenge the governor to a ski race? | 那你为什么要挑战州长滑雪 |
[16:11] | I didn’t think it would get this far. | 我也没想到会走到这一步 |
[16:13] | You gotta admit, this is pretty out there. | 你得承认 这屌爆了 |
[16:15] | Well, I guess that’s it. Oh, well. Tough break. Bye forever, Katrina. | 没戏了 糟糕透了 永别了 卡特里娜 |
[16:18] | No, this is not over. This is just beginning. | 还没完 好戏才刚刚开始 |
[16:21] | Mr. Peanutbutter, you’re going to ski school. | 花生酱先生 你得去滑雪学校 |
[16:25] | Doggie-doggie what now? | 汪汪 你说啥 |
[16:28] | Hey, BoJack, it’s me again. | 波杰克 又是我 |
[16:29] | Where are you, I’m worried, | 你在哪儿 我很担心 |
[16:30] | hope you’re not dead, etcetera, you get it. | 希望你还活着 你懂的 |
[16:32] | Anyway, things are even crazier around here lately. | 不过 我这边情况越来越不可思议了 |
[16:36] | Don’t know if you’ve seen the news, | 不知道你有没有看新闻 |
[16:37] | but I really wish you were here for this. | 但我真希望你亲自看看 |
[16:39] | Well, I’m off to ski school so I can learn how to ski, | 我现在要去学滑雪了 |
[16:42] | so I can become the governor. | 我必定能成为州长 |
[16:44] | I’m sure you’d say something like, | 我敢打赌 你肯定会说 |
[16:45] | “That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.” | “这是我听过的最蠢的事” |
[16:47] | Sounds great, sweetheart. | 加油 亲爱的 |
[16:49] | But as the old saying goes, that’s politics. | 古语有云 这就是政治 |
[16:52] | Then you’d probably say, “A, that’s not an old saying | 或许你会说 古人没那样云过 |
[16:54] | and, B, that’s not politics! Nothing about that is politics.” | 那也不是政治 那绝不可能是政治 |
[16:58] | This is so great! | 太赞了 |
[17:00] | Then you would be so overwhelmed | 这让人忍无可忍的囧境 |
[17:01] | by the unbearable ludicrousness of the situation | 会让你哭笑不得 |
[17:03] | that you would get in your car and drive to Hawaii, | 比如你能开车去夏威夷 |
[17:06] | which is also a thing you could do now | 这个假设即将成真 |
[17:08] | because of a new bill that cost our state billions of dollars. | 因为我们州已经通过了新的法案 投资几十个亿 |
[17:11] | It’s all so great! | 简直太赞了 |
[17:14] | You know, it’s funny, because the last time I saw you | 太滑稽了 因为上次见面的时候 |
[17:18] | you told me that you needed me in your life, | 前一秒你说需要我 |
[17:21] | and then you just disappeared. | 后一秒你就消失了 |
[17:23] | So how do you think that makes me feel? | 你觉得我会怎么想 |
[17:25] | Well, wherever you are, I hope you’re happy. | 不管你身在何方 愿幸福与你同在 |
[17:29] | I really do, BoJack. | 我是真心的 波杰克 |
[17:31] | Also, I haven’t seen Todd in a while. He’s not with you, is he? | 我好久没见到陶德了 他跟你在一起吗 |
[17:38] | Oh, simple kettle corn. | 简单的爆米花 |
[17:40] | Between the worlds of the sweet and the savory. | 不那么甜也不那么咸 |
[17:44] | Not quite popcorn, not quite candy. | 不像咸爆米花那么咸 也不像糖果那么甜 |
[17:48] | What are we? | 我们该何去何从 |
[17:50] | Hey, get away! Get, get! | 滚开 滚开 |
[17:57] | Wow, my first day at ski academy. | 滑雪学校的第一天 |
[17:59] | What collegiate shenanigans will befall me? | 会有什么大学生恶作剧吗 |
[18:02] | There will be no shenanigans on my watch. | 我值班的时候绝对没有 |
[18:05] | Professor Thistlethorpe, | 您就是蓟索普教授 |
[18:06] | the famously humorless yet somehow also loveable ski instructor? | 传说中知名的 幽默感全无但不乏可爱的滑雪教练 |
[18:09] | Peanutbutter, is it? Everything about you disgusts me. | 你是花生酱 你的一切都让我恶心 |
[18:14] | And yet, there might be something in you after all. | 但是你身上还是有些潜能 |
[18:18] | You really mean it? | 当真吗 |
[18:19] | This shall be my greatest challenge. | 这将是我人生最大的挑战 |
[18:22] | Meet me on the summit tomorrow at daybreak. | 明天黎明时分在山顶等我 |
[18:25] | Well, it is daybreak and here we are at the summit. | 现在是黎明 我们站在山顶 |
[18:28] | First lesson, break your skis in half. | 第一课 把你的滑雪板折断 |
[18:31] | I don’t have skis. Was I supposed to bring skis? | 我没带滑雪板 我是不是该带来的 |
[18:33] | – You didn’t say that. – No bother. They shan’t be required. | -你没说要带 -没关系 反正也不需要 |
[18:36] | Instead, read this book of poetry. | 那么 看完这本诗集 |
[18:39] | I’ll see you in the classroom. | 我在教室等你 |
[18:43] | There you are. Did you read the book of poetry? | 你回来啦 看了诗集吗 |
[18:46] | No! I forgot to. | 没有 我忘了 |
[18:47] | – Excellent. – I’m sor– Excellent? | -太棒了 -抱歉 这很棒吗 |
[18:49] | My assignment was a test. | 这个作业只是测试 |
[18:51] | Skiing isn’t about reading old books. | 滑雪跟看古书没关系 |
[18:54] | It’s about speaking truth to power, | 我要教你的是不畏强权 |
[18:57] | and you have spoken it eloquently. | 这一点你做的很好 |
[18:59] | You are my finest student. | 你是我最好的学生 |
[19:02] | I love you. | 我喜欢你 |
[19:05] | – Are you okay, professor? – Just a cough. | -你还好吗 教授 -只是有点咳嗽 |
[19:07] | I’m sure it’s nothing. You can come by tomorrow for your diploma. | 没大事 你明天来领毕业证吧 |
[19:13] | I can’t believe ski school is already over. | 不敢相信 滑雪学习就这么结束了 |
[19:16] | Professor Thistlethorpe? Professor Thistlethorpe! | 蓟索普教授 蓟索普教授 |
[19:18] | Remember everything I taught you. | 记住我教你的一切 |
[19:23] | I will. | 我会的 |
[19:24] | Also, if you have any tips for skiing that would be really helpful. | 如果还有滑雪技巧那就更好了 |
[19:27] | The most important part of skiing | 滑雪最大的技巧就是 |
[19:30] | is to keep your legs ben… | 保持双腿本… |
[19:39] | Who’s Ben? | “本”是谁 |
[19:53] | Devil’s Mountain is the place, skiing is the sport. | 比赛场地 魔鬼山 比赛项目 滑雪 |
[19:56] | I’m uncomfortable. It’s cold out. | 我不太舒服 室外冻死了 |
[19:59] | Tell me, who do you think will win today’s bout | 你觉得谁将成为赢家 |
[20:01] | and what does it mean for the future of California? | 加州的未来如何 |
[20:03] | I hate winter sports. | 我讨厌冬季运动 |
[20:04] | I want to go inside and drink a cider. | 我要去室内 来一杯苹果汁 |
[20:07] | And they’re off! | 选手们已经出发 |
[20:12] | Woodchuck, off to a great start. | 旱獭先生完美起步 |
[20:14] | Mr. Peanutbutter seems to be employing | 花生酱先生似乎采用了 |
[20:16] | some sort of awkwardly falling down technique. | 非常奇怪的下坡技巧 |
[20:20] | – Any sign of them? – Nothing yet. | -情况如何 -还不好说 |
[20:23] | – I made you a card. – You did? | -我做了张贺卡给你 -是吗 |
[20:25] | Oh, wow, it’s sparkly. | 卡片像”下雪”一样 |
[20:27] | Sorry, I went a little overboard with the glitter | 抱歉 小发光物用多了 |
[20:29] | and a little underboard with the glue. | 胶水用少了 |
[20:31] | “Let’s move in together. I think I’m ready now.” | 我们搬到一起住吧 我准备好了 |
[20:34] | This is great. Are you sure, though, | 太棒了 你确定吗 |
[20:37] | because last time you seemed a little hesitant. | 上次你似乎还有点犹豫不决 |
[20:39] | No, I was just a little pregnant. | 因为我… 怀孕了 |
[20:42] | I was gonna tell you, really, | 我想告诉你的 |
[20:43] | but then before I could tell you there was nothing to tell you. | 但是不知道如何开口 |
[20:48] | I’m so sorry. I still wish you would’ve told me. | 抱歉 但我还是希望你早点告诉我 |
[20:52] | I have a card for that. On the front it says, “Life isn’t fairage.” | 我有张贺卡封面刚好写着”生活不是泛世纪” |
[20:55] | I’m sorry. I just felt dumb because all my life I’ve wanted a family. | 抱歉 我觉得自己很傻 因为我一直梦想有个家 |
[20:59] | But I didn’t want it to happen just because I got pregnant by accident | 但我不想因为自己意外怀孕 |
[21:02] | – and then you got stuck with me. – Okay, first of all, | -把你套牢 -首先 |
[21:04] | if I’m getting stuck to something, | 如果我被套牢了 |
[21:06] | you’re the prettiest glue trap I ever saw. | 那你是我见过的最漂亮的套 |
[21:07] | – You know what I mean. – Second, if that’s how you feel, | -你明白我的意思 -其次 如果你这样想的话 |
[21:09] | maybe you shouldn’t get pregnant by accident. | 或许你不该意外怀孕的 |
[21:12] | – Well, I didn’t try to! – No. | -我又不是故意要怀 -不 |
[21:14] | I’m saying maybe we should get you pregnant on purpose. | 我是说我们应该有意而为之 |
[21:17] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -没错 |
[21:19] | I mean, we love each other and we enjoy having sex with each other– | 我们爱彼此 享受一起啪啪啪 |
[21:21] | we’re really good at having sex with each other. | 我们啪啪啪很和谐 |
[21:23] | And also, I think you’d be an amazing mother. | 我觉得你肯定会成为一个超棒的妈妈 |
[21:27] | Even Blake Lively thinks so. | 布莱克·莱弗利都这么想 |
[21:30] | Ah, still got it. | 一切顺利 |
[21:34] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[21:41] | Get control. | 我要控制我自己 |
[21:42] | Woodchuck in the lead, still in the lead. | 旱獭先生依然领先 |
[21:44] | Woodchuck remains very much in the lead. | 遥遥领先 |
[21:48] | Goodbye, dear friend. | 再见 亲爱的朋友 |
[21:50] | You served me well. | 你帮了我大忙 |
[21:52] | Okay, all right, here we go. | 我来啦 |
[21:55] | Mr. Peanutbutter? | 花生酱先生 |
[22:09] | I see Woodchuck! | 旱獭先生来了 |
[22:10] | Yes! | 加油 |
[22:11] | Go Woodcharles! | 加油 旱獭先生 |
[22:16] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[22:19] | Todd forever! | 永远的陶德 |
[22:28] | Invictus! | 成事在人 |
[22:35] | – Did I win? – Come on, honey. | -我赢了吗 -亲爱的 |
[22:38] | Let’s go home. | 我们回家吧 |
[22:39] | Well, I hope that settles it. | 我希望这件事到此为止 |
[22:40] | We can finally put an end to this nonsense. | 我们总算可以结束这一切了 |
[22:44] | Sir, the rules are clear: | 规则很清楚: |
[22:45] | the first person to cross the finish line becomes governor, | 第一个穿过终点线的人当州长 |
[22:47] | and, well, a strange boy fell out of the sky | 一个奇怪的家伙从天而降 |
[22:50] | and crossed the line first. | 率先穿过终点线 |
[22:52] | They’re swearing him in now. | 他们在让他宣誓就职 |
[22:54] | – So help me Todd. – Congratulations, Governor Chavez. | -天助我也 -恭喜 查韦斯州长 |
[22:59] | You know, ever since I first became governor | 成为州长的第一刻起 |
[23:02] | I’ve thought, “I don’t want to be governor” | 我就在想 我还是不当算了 |
[23:04] | and that’s where I am now. | 此刻我还是这么想的 |
[23:06] | So, can I not be governor? | 我能不当州长吗 |
[23:09] | You’d like to resign? | 你想辞职吗 |
[23:11] | Yeah. I’m just really not into labels right now. | 我现在还不想被贴标签 |
[23:14] | Maybe after some soul searching I’ll be ready to really know what I am. | 或许等我深刻反思后 我才能更清楚认识自我 |
[23:17] | But for right now, I think I speak for all Californians | 但此刻我代表千千万万的加州人说 |
[23:21] | when I say, “I ate too much kettle corn | 我吃了太多的爆米花 |
[23:24] | while drifting through the sky on an out of control drone throne.” | 我坐在失控的无人机王座上从天而降 |
[23:29] | Okay, is this charade over? Can I be governor again? | 闹剧结束了吗 我可以当回州长了吗 |
[23:32] | Sir, we live in a society of laws. | 先生 现在是法治社会 |
[23:35] | When a governor resigns, that triggers a special election. | 州长辞职后 我们要进行特选 |
[23:38] | Until which, the governor’s seat shall remain vacant. | 特选前 州长的位子留空 |
[23:42] | Election, you say? | 什么特选 |
[23:43] | Mr. Peanutbutter, will you run? | 花生酱先生 您会竞选吗 |
[23:46] | – You bet I will, and you know why? – No, tell me. | -当然 你懂的 -我懂才怪 |
[23:49] | Because this whole ski race was a joke. | 这场滑雪赛就是个笑话 |
[23:51] | Of course Woodchuck was gonna beat me. He went to Dartmouth. | 旱獭先生肯定会赢我 他可毕业于达特茅斯学院 |
[23:55] | So where’s the candidate for regular schmoes like me, | 哪里还有我发挥的余地 |
[23:57] | – who went to Northwestern? – Is he serious right now? | -我只不过毕业于西北大学 -他是认真的吗 |
[24:00] | You know, Governor Woodchuck Coodchuck-Berkowitz | 旱獭先生伯科威茨自视甚高 |
[24:03] | thinks he’s better than us, but is he better than us? | 但他真的就比我们优秀吗 |
[24:05] | – No! – If I could say a few words– | -当然不 -我有些话不知当讲不当讲 |
[24:07] | He thinks the race is over. | 他觉得比赛结束了 |
[24:09] | Well, I say it’s just starting. | 我看才刚刚开始 |
[24:12] | And he wants me to sit and stay and roll over? | 他恨不得我马上滚蛋 |
[24:15] | – No! – I say California’s tired of rolling over. | -反对 -加州已经经不起折腾了 |
[24:20] | What do you say? | 你们觉得呢 |
[24:21] | – Yeah! – I’m tired. | -没错 -经不起折腾了 |
[24:23] | I say it’s time for me to stand up and speak. | 我是时候站出来为大家谋福利了 |
[24:26] | Diane-Diane what now? | 戴安 这是什么情况 |
[24:28] | So loud as you can, let me hear what you want. | 大声讲出来 让我听听你们的呼声 |
[24:31] | Peanutbutter! Peanutbutter! | 花生酱 花生酱 |
[24:34] | – Citizens– – I can’t hear you! | -市民们 -大声点 |
[24:36] | Peanutbutter! Peanutbutter! | 花生酱 花生酱 |
[24:39] | Peanutbutter! | 花生酱 |
[24:41] | – Peanutbutter! – Friends, some decorum, please. | -花生酱 -朋友 礼貌点 |
[24:44] | Peanutbutter! Peanutbutter! | 花生酱 花生酱 |
[24:48] | Peanutbutter! Peanutbutter! | 花生酱 花生酱 |
[24:51] | Peanutbutter! Peanutbutter! | 花生酱 花生酱 |
[24:55] | – The mailbox belonging to… – BoJack Horsemack– | -这个语音信箱是… -波杰克… |
[24:58] | – Horseman– oh, wait, how do I– – …is full. Goodbye. | -马男… 稍等 -信箱已满 再见 |
[25:03] | *Back in the ’90s I was in a very famous TV show* | *九十年代时我参演了一部著名电视剧* |
[25:11] | *I’m Mr. Peanutbutter* | *我是花生酱先生* |
[25:14] | *Now tell me How can I get no votes?* | *请告诉我怎么去投票* |
[25:20] | *Yeah, I’m for the future Yeah, everyone will get a free TV* | *让我带领大家走进新时代 人手一台免费电视机* |
[25:24] | – All right! – *I’ll put my face on billboards* | -好 -*我要在广告上露脸* |
[25:27] | *The entire world will see* | *让全世界都看得到* |
[25:30] | *Yeah, I promise peace and love across this broken land* | *我发誓 给这个失落之地带来爱与和平* |
[25:34] | *Yeah, I’m your governor Mr. Peanutbutter man* | *我是花生酱州长* |
[25:38] | *I’m tasty and good-lookin’ ‘Cause that’s just who I am* | *好吃又好看 这就是我* |
[25:42] | Go vote! | 去投票吧 |