时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:36] | Thanks for the, uh, ride to the library, Mom. | 谢谢送我去图书馆 妈妈 |
[00:39] | I know it was uncool of dad to ask you to at the last minute. | 我知道爸爸在最后时刻通知你有点不厚道 |
[00:41] | No, I was just happy to get the call. | 不 我很高兴他打给我了 |
[00:43] | If I ask you something, could you just say “Yes” | 如果我要你帮忙 你能不能只说”行” |
[00:45] | without, you know, making a big deal out it? | 而不是这么小题大做 |
[00:47] | I like how you just assumed that I’d say yes. | 你刚刚设想的情景我也很期待 |
[00:49] | Well, we’re doing a video essay for social studies, | 好吧 我们要做一个社会调查视频论文 |
[00:52] | and I’m supposed to follow around one of my parents at work, | 而我需要在父母工作时进行随行跟拍 |
[00:54] | see what they do, | 看看他们的工作内容 |
[00:55] | and, uh, you know, how they contribute to society and– | 你懂的 就是他们如何为社会做贡献 |
[00:59] | And you chose me, not your dad? | 你选了我 而不是你爸爸 |
[01:01] | I chose your job over dad’s. | 我选的是你的工作 |
[01:03] | Dad’s job is just boring. | 老爸的工作太无聊了 |
[01:05] | At least yours has dead bodies. | 至少你的工作里会有死尸吧 |
[01:08] | Actually, it’s a lot more complicated than that, | 其实 那可不仅是尸体那么简单 |
[01:10] | and not really a place where you can run around with a camera. | 而且也不是你拿着摄像机随意溜达的地方 |
[01:12] | You’re saying no? | 你是说不行吗 |
[01:14] | No! No, I’m not saying no, | 不不 我没有说不行 |
[01:15] | but it’s important for you to understand what we do there. | 但重要的是你得先了解我们到底在干吗 |
[01:17] | Exactly! So I’ll see you tomorrow. | 完全正确 那我们明天见 |
[01:19] | Uh… La–you’re–Lacey– | 呃 莱…你还没…莱西 |
[01:21] | Thanks, mom. | 谢谢 老妈 |
[01:24] | Lace? | 莱西 |
[01:27] | Megan Hunt, M.E. | 法医梅根·亨特 |
[01:30] | Where’s Bud? | 布达去哪了 |
[01:32] | Bud’s got court upstate. I’m rolling solo on this one. | 布达北上去法院了 本案我一人负责 |
[01:35] | Looks like a homeless man found more than he bargained for. | 看来是某流浪汉找到了些出乎意料的东西 |
[01:39] | Glad you’re here. Now we can start digging. | 现在你来了 我们可以开始挖了 |
[01:45] | Wait, hold on. | 慢着 等等 |
[01:48] | What do you see? | 有什么发现吗 |
[02:09] | Peter, try the foot. | 彼得 拽脚丫子 |
[02:19] | It’s gonna be a long day. | 今天注定是难熬的一天哪 |
[02:23] | Yes, it is. | 是啊 难熬啊 |
[02:25] | Okay, everybody, listen up. | 好吧 大家都听好了 |
[02:27] | Our victim has been dismembered. | 被害人被肢解了 |
[02:29] | We’re gonna have to excavate this entire area. | 我们将要对整个区域进行挖掘 |
[02:32] | All right. Let’s get to it. | 好吧 开工吧 |
[02:33] | All right, you’re gonna have to quadrant this off. | 好的 你去划分一下区域 |
[02:40] | Is that what I think it is? | 这就是我想的那个东西吧 |
[02:43] | Mayor’s office wants to know | 市长办公室想知道 |
[02:44] | if we have one body in pieces | 我们找到的是一具尸体的残肢 |
[02:46] | or multiple bodies and | 还是分属多具尸体 |
[02:47] | a serial killer on the loose. | 有无可能是连环杀手 |
[02:48] | I guess we’ll find out together. | 那我们得一起合力揭晓答案了 |
[03:35] | Let’s run through what we have so far. | 让我们过一遍目前为止的发现 |
[03:39] | Only 5% of the population is AB-Positive. | AB阳性血在我国只占人口比例百分之五 |
[03:42] | Both the hand and the foot exhibit | 手和脚都显示此人患有 |
[03:44] | signs of severe rheumatoid arthritis. | 严重的类风湿关节炎 |
[03:47] | So we are dealing with one victim, | 所以我们已得信息是受害人一位 |
[03:49] | male, caucasian, | 男性 白种人 |
[03:51] | probably in his 50s. | 年龄在五十岁左右 |
[03:52] | See these fractures? | 看到这些裂纹了吗 |
[03:54] | Something heavy dropped on this man’s foot a few years ago. | 这名男子的脚几年前曾被重物所砸 |
[03:58] | All five metatarsals were broken in a straight line. | 五个脚跖骨沿直线断裂 |
[04:00] | Everything below the line crushed. | 这条线以下都被砸碎 |
[04:02] | Above it, unaffected. | 以上则安然无恙 |
[04:03] | It’s exactly the injury you’d expect to see | 如果他穿着铁头工作靴的话 |
[04:04] | if he was wearing steel toed boots. | 就必然会造成这种伤口 |
[04:06] | That, and these spot scars are consistent with metal spatter. | 这是焊接金属时火花飞溅造成的斑点状疤 |
[04:11] | He was a welder, probably construction, | 他是个焊工 可能是搞建筑的 |
[04:14] | until the arthritis impaired him. | 直到现在因患关节炎而致残 |
[04:14] | 手 脚 焊工 右撇子 太阳镜 | |
[04:17] | Yeah, but how do you get “Sunglasses” from a hand and foot? | 好 但你怎么从手脚得出太阳镜的呢 |
[04:20] | Many longtime welders develop arc burn. | 许多长期焊工都会有电弧烧伤 |
[04:23] | The ultraviolet radiation coming from the electric arc welding | 而由于电焊时会产生紫外线辐射 |
[04:26] | can cause severe sensitivity to light over time. | 久而久之就会对光线极度敏感 |
[04:30] | Ergo, sunglasses. | 所以得出结论 太阳镜 |
[04:34] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[04:35] | It’s a stamp. | 是个印章 |
[04:37] | Some kind of circle with a… | 似乎是圆圈还有… |
[04:40] | A paladin. | 一个骑士 |
[04:42] | It’s from the winner’s lounge at the Canyon Creek Casino. | 这是峡谷溪赌场赢家休息室的印章 |
[04:46] | I play a mean game of Hold’em. | 我德州扑克的技术老好了 |
[04:48] | If our guy was there, | 如果被害人到过那里 |
[04:49] | they’ve got tape on him. | 他们应该有他的录像 |
[04:50] | I know you don’t want me to | 我想你总不能 |
[04:50] | roll up to the Canyon Creek and say, | 让我直接跑到赌场劈头就问 |
[04:52] | “I wanna see video footage of a white man with a limp.” | “我想看某跛脚白种人的录像” |
[04:55] | And sunglasses. | 还带着墨镜 |
[04:56] | Maybe I can help you. I know the general manager. | 没准我能帮你 我认识那的总经理 |
[05:00] | Like I said, mean game of hold’em. | 我都说了 牌技老犀利了 |
[05:03] | Yeah, we use that stamp for Mondays. | 是的 那个印章是周一专用的 |
[05:05] | What you’re seeing is | 现在你们看到的 |
[05:06] | everyone who came in and out of the lounge this past monday. | 是这周一进出休息室的所有人 |
[05:11] | There. Stop. That’s him. | 在那里 停 就是他 |
[05:14] | That’s Cal. | 那是卡尔 |
[05:15] | – Cal got a last name? – Don’t know it. | -这个卡尔姓什么 -不知道 |
[05:17] | He refuses to get a players club card. | 他不愿意办会员卡 |
[05:20] | He’s a grinder, | 他是个磨蹭家 |
[05:21] | mostly low-limit BlackJack, | 21点大多玩最低注额的 |
[05:22] | until last week. | 直到上周 |
[05:23] | Got on one of those once-in-a-lifetime streaks. | 交了那种一辈子一次的好运 |
[05:26] | By the time it was over, cashed out over 25 grand. | 游戏结束 兑现二万五千块大洋 |
[05:28] | – Wow. – Yeah. Generous winner, too. | -哇 -是啊 也是个大方的赢家 |
[05:31] | Who’s she? | 她是谁 |
[05:34] | That’s, uh, Wendy. | 那是温迪 |
[05:35] | Likes to chat up the winners before they cash out. | 喜欢在赢家兑现之前跟他们搭上讪 |
[05:39] | Talk about a fool and his money. | 都说是赢钱的都是大傻瓜 |
[05:41] | Well, it’s her mission to part them. | 她的目的就是从傻瓜手里捞钱 |
[05:47] | What is this? | 那是什么 |
[05:49] | It could be pus from some kind of bacterial infection. | 似乎是某种细菌感染的脓 |
[05:52] | – I don’t see an infection site. – Well… | -我没看到感染部位 -好吧 |
[05:54] | Lacey’s coming to watch you work, | 莱西要来看你工作 |
[05:56] | and you drew up a schedule? | 你居然还提前拟定了进度表 |
[05:57] | She’ll be here in two hours. | 她要在这里呆两个小时 |
[05:58] | She’s going to interview each one of you. | 她要采访你们每一个人 |
[06:00] | I’ve drawn up a list of questions | 我已经草拟了一张问题清单 |
[06:02] | that I thought she might like to ask. | 列出了她可能会问的问题 |
[06:03] | And did you draw up our answers, too? | 那你有没有顺便列出问题的答案呢 |
[06:05] | I’m not a complete control freak. | 我还不是一个彻头彻尾的控制狂 |
[06:07] | Just be on your best behavior and hide the gory stuff. | 好好表现 隐藏血腥的东西 |
[06:11] | That’s kinda hard to do in a morgue. | 在一个太平间里有点难 |
[06:12] | She will be confined to the lab and the break room. | 她会被禁止进入实验室和休息室的 |
[06:15] | Your job is to answer her questions | 你们的工作就是回答她的问题 |
[06:17] | and make me look good. | 让我脸上有光 |
[06:18] | So you want us to lie? | 所以你想让我们撒谎 |
[06:20] | I don’t see how this plan could possibly fail, Megan. | 您这安排真是滴水不漏啊 梅根 |
[06:23] | Hey, it looks like yogurt… | 这个看起来很像酸奶 |
[06:27] | with leaves in it. | 里面有一些叶子 |
[06:29] | Show me that slide. | 给我看一下载片 |
[06:32] | Give me your finger. | 手用一下 |
[06:38] | Cilantro. | 芫荽叶 |
[06:39] | There’s a Greek restaurant two blocks from the crime scene. | 离犯罪现场两个街区就有一家希腊餐馆 |
[06:43] | Can I have my hand back now? | 我的手能拿回来了吗 |
[06:46] | bastard. | 混蛋 |
[06:49] | Yeah, I took him to the lounge. | 是啊 我带他去了休息室 |
[06:50] | He bought me champagne. | 他给我买了香槟 |
[06:52] | He was a real gentleman. Why? | 他是一个真正的绅士 怎么了 |
[06:54] | He have a last name? | 他姓什么 |
[06:55] | It didn’t come up. | 我没问过 |
[06:57] | We have you on tape, Wendy. | 我们在录像中发现了你 温迪 |
[07:00] | Where’d you go after you left? | 你们离开之后去哪了 |
[07:01] | Back to his place? | 回他家了吗 |
[07:02] | Things get a little too exciting? | 是不是搞了些激情过头的事情呢 |
[07:04] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[07:05] | Cal’s dead. | 卡尔死了 |
[07:07] | You know anything, now’s the time. | 不管你知道什么 坦白从宽 |
[07:11] | He wanted to leave before he spent any more of his winnings. | 他想在花掉更多赢的钱之前就离开 |
[07:14] | I tried to talk him back. | 我试着劝他回来 |
[07:15] | Last I saw him, he was getting in some guy’s car. | 我最后一次见他时 他进了某人的车里 |
[07:17] | – Some guy’s car? – It was dark. | -某人的车 -天太黑了 |
[07:20] | The car was dark. Black. A sports car maybe. | 车的颜色很深 黑色的 可能是跑车 |
[07:23] | The guy, he had a good grip on Cal’s arm. | 那个人紧紧地抓住了卡尔的胳膊 |
[07:26] | That’s all I can tell you. | 我知道的就这些 |
[07:31] | So our welder won big-time at the casino on Monday, | 这个焊工周一在赌场赢了一大笔钱 |
[07:35] | Flashed his cash around, | 摆了一把阔气之后 |
[07:37] | and then drove off in a sports car with some mystery man. | 就被一个开着跑车的神秘人载走了 |
[07:40] | And five days later, | 五天后 |
[07:41] | someone turned him into a human jigsaw. | 他就被人大卸八块 |
[07:45] | Empty. | 空的 |
[07:48] | This one’s empty, too. | 这个也是空的 |
[07:49] | Lacey’s gonna be at the office soon. | 莱西就快到办公室了 |
[07:51] | Let’s just talk to the owner, find out who picks up the trash. | 我们去问问业主就知道有谁来清过垃圾 |
[07:54] | Whoa. Hey. Hey, nice puppy. | 嗨 嗨 好狗狗 |
[08:05] | Megan… | 梅根 |
[08:07] | We’ve got two more body parts… | 我们又找到两个尸块 |
[08:09] | A knee and a thigh. | 膝盖和大腿 |
[08:33] | This incision is either A.C.L. reconstruction | 这个切口要么是前交叉韧带重建手术 |
[08:36] | Or, if we’re lucky, knee replacement surgery. | 要么是 咱们走大运 膝盖置换手术 |
[08:38] | I’m seeing well-healed keloidal scars on the thigh, | 我在大腿上看到已痊愈的瘢痕瘤疤痕 |
[08:42] | almost like branding. | 像一个烙印 |
[08:43] | Is it his initials? | 是他姓名的首字母吗 |
[08:44] | We still need an I.D. | 我们正需要弄清他的身份呢 |
[08:45] | Mm. Good news. Knee replacement surgery. | 好消息 是膝盖置换手术 |
[08:48] | Yes! | 太好了 |
[08:48] | I opened it up and gave Peter the serial number | 我打开膝盖在置换件上找到了序列号 |
[08:51] | – I found on the replacement part. – Great. | -并把序列号给了彼得 -太好了 |
[08:52] | Curtis, you see if you can find the source of those brand marks. | 柯蒂斯 你看看能不能找到烙印的来源 |
[08:54] | Will do. | 遵命 |
[08:55] | What do you want me to do? | 你需要我做什么 |
[08:56] | You’re going to the dump to look for more body parts. | 你要去垃圾场找更多的尸块 |
[08:58] | Wait, wait, wait, wait. | 等 等 等 等 |
[08:58] | I-I’m the one who found the knee and thigh. | 是我找到了膝盖和大腿 |
[09:00] | Why–why I don’t have to go dig through the dump? | 为什么还派我去挖垃圾 |
[09:02] | Why don’t you send Curtis? | 为什么不派柯蒂斯去 |
[09:03] | Well, clearly, you’re good at it. | 很明显 你擅长这个 |
[09:06] | Look, somebody cut this guy up into little pieces | 听着 被害人被人肢解成数块 |
[09:08] | and threw him away like yesterday’s trash. | 然后又被当做隔夜的垃圾丢掉 |
[09:10] | The rest of him is probably still at the dump. | 他的其他部分可能还在垃圾场里 |
[09:12] | I want him whole. Nobody deserves to end up like that. | 我想要个全尸 没人活该是这个下场 |
[09:16] | – Yes, doctor. – Thank you. | -明白了 医生 -谢谢 |
[09:19] | Hi, mom. | 妈妈 |
[09:20] | Oh! Lace? I wasn’t expecting you for an hour. | 莱西 没想到你早到了一个小时 |
[09:24] | – Dad dropped me off early. – Right. | -爸爸送我来的早了 -好吧 |
[09:26] | Is that a body? ‘Cause that’s exactly | 那就是尸体吗 我来就是为了 |
[09:28] | – the kind of stuff I should be getting on camera. – O-okay, | -拍这种东西 -好了 |
[09:29] | all right. Camera off. Camera off. | 好啦 关掉相机 关掉相机 |
[09:31] | My office. Now. | 去我办公室 快走 |
[09:41] | Eww! What is that? | 恶心 这是什么玩意儿 |
[09:43] | Nothing. Nothing. | 没什么 没什么 |
[09:45] | All right… here are the rules. | 好了 规矩是这样的 |
[09:49] | I’ve drawn up a map of the office | 我给你画了张办公室的地图 |
[09:51] | and marked on the areas where you can and definitely cannot go. | 标出了你能去和严禁去的区域 |
[09:54] | I’ve arranged for everyone to speak with you for… | 我安排了你跟每个人可以谈 |
[09:57] | a half an hour. | 半小时 |
[09:59] | Here is your schedule, and here is a list of questions | 这张是你的进度表 这张是问题提纲 |
[10:03] | that I thought you might wanna ask. | 上面是我觉得你想问的问题 |
[10:04] | Mom, what are you doing? | 妈妈 你在干什么 |
[10:05] | There will be no filming of bodies or body parts | 你不可以拍任何尸体 或尸体的一部分 |
[10:08] | or bodies under sheets or bodies period. | 还有裹床单的尸体或纠结在一起的尸体 |
[10:10] | What I want you to understand is these are people, | 我想让你明白的是尸体也是人 |
[10:13] | and we respect them at all times. | 无论何时我们都要尊重他们 |
[10:15] | I’m supposed to do all of this myself. | 我应该自己做这些的 |
[10:17] | I know, but I… | 我知道 但是 |
[10:19] | Your first interview is Dr. Murphy, | 你的第一个采访对象是莫菲医生 |
[10:21] | right down the hall. | 沿走廊走右转 |
[10:28] | Bad time? | 时间不恰当吗 |
[10:29] | No, fine. What’s up? | 没事 很好 出了什么事 |
[10:30] | I tracked down the serial number of that knee. | 我查了膝盖的序列号 |
[10:33] | That particular joint was installed one year ago | 那种特制关节是一年前安装的 |
[10:35] | and the knee of Callum Shane O’donnell, | 膝盖是卡勒姆·肖恩·奥唐奈的 |
[10:37] | widowed, age 59. | 丧偶 五十九岁 |
[10:38] | We have a name. | 我们得到了一个名字 |
[10:39] | – We have a name. – But no address. | -我们找到一个名字 -但是没有地址 |
[10:41] | How can somebody have knee surgery | 怎么会有人做了膝盖手术 |
[10:42] | and not leave an address? | 却不留地址呢 |
[10:43] | All billing was sent to a Mr. Dean Avery. | 所有的账单都寄给了迪恩·艾弗里先生 |
[10:45] | Son-in-law. He’s married to Cal’s daughter Jenny. | 女婿 他和卡尔的女儿詹妮结婚了 |
[10:47] | They live five minutes away. | 他们两家仅相隔五分钟车程 |
[10:50] | Yeah, that’s him. | 是 就是他 |
[10:53] | I know this is very difficult. | 我知道这很不好受 |
[10:56] | Are you sure? | 但你确定吗 |
[10:58] | The scars? It’s from the Ben Franklin bridge. | 那道疤是在本·富兰克林大桥上留下的 |
[11:02] | His broken toes? | 他的断趾 |
[11:04] | The Rouse Tower. | 则是在罗斯塔时弄伤的 |
[11:06] | A cement mixer fell on his foot. | 一台水泥搅拌机砸在他脚上 |
[11:08] | It sounds like he had a rough life. | 听起来他一生多舛啊 |
[11:10] | He didn’t think so. He loved it. | 他可不这么觉得 他喜欢这样 |
[11:14] | He loved building things. | 他热爱建筑行业 |
[11:16] | He loved sitting on a steel girder 1,000 feet in the air, | 他喜欢坐在300米高空钢梁上 |
[11:19] | eating his lunch over the city that he helped to build. | 吃着午餐 俯瞰这个他参与建造的城市 |
[11:24] | He used to take me up there with him. | 他曾带我一起上去过 |
[11:27] | I loved it, too. | 我也很喜欢 |
[11:31] | W-why would someone do this to him? | 为什么有人会对他下此毒手 |
[11:34] | When was the last time you saw him? | 你最后一次见他是什么时候 |
[11:36] | I haven’t seen him since his knee surgery. | 自从他做完膝盖手术后我就没再见过 |
[11:40] | We spoke on the phone every once in a while, but… | 我们偶尔通个电话 但是 |
[11:43] | He and Dean didn’t really get along. | 他和迪恩不太合得来 |
[11:46] | That right, Mr. Avery? | 是吗 艾弗里先生 |
[11:48] | Money’s tight. He always had his hand out. | 生活不宽裕 他总是伸手要钱 |
[11:51] | He needed us, and we weren’t there for him! | 他需要我们 但我们却没能帮上忙 |
[11:54] | Your father won big | 你父亲上周 |
[11:56] | at Canyon Creek casino last week. | 在峡谷溪赌场大赚了一笔 |
[11:59] | He was last seen with a man in a black sports car. | 他最后露面是和一个男人进了辆黑色跑车 |
[12:01] | That ring any bells? | 能让你想到什么吗 |
[12:03] | Wait a sec. How much money are we talking about? | 等等 赢了多少钱 |
[12:05] | 25 grand. | 两万五千美元 |
[12:07] | Aw, that’s just great. | 这可真来劲啊 |
[12:09] | – Is that a problem? – He comes around last year | -有什么问题吗 -他去年过来 |
[12:12] | and says his insurance won’t pay for his knee surgery. | 说他的保险付不起膝盖手术费 |
[12:15] | Could we foot the bill? | 问我们能否帮忙埋单 |
[12:16] | So I tell him to mortgage his home. | 于是我让他用房子作抵押 |
[12:18] | That’s when I find out, he didn’t even own the place. | 那时我才发现 那房子根本就不是他的 |
[12:21] | He’s been there 30 years on rent control, | 他租了三十年房租管制的公寓 |
[12:23] | and I’m paying for his new knee? | 反倒要我为他的膝盖埋单 |
[12:33] | All right, your mom said to answer all your questions, | 你妈妈说 要回答你所有的问题 |
[12:36] | – So fire away. – Who are you and what do you do? | -尽管问吧 -你是谁 做什么工作 |
[12:39] | My name is Kate Murphy. I’m the chief medical examiner. | 我叫凯特·莫菲 是法医主任 |
[12:41] | I see an office of 50-some people, | 掌管一间五十多人的办公室 |
[12:44] | including medical examiners, fellows, | 包括法医 研究员 |
[12:46] | investigators, and staff. | 调查员和职工 |
[12:47] | You’re my mom’s boss? | 你是我妈妈的上司吗 |
[12:48] | Yes. I hired her. | 是 是我雇的她 |
[12:49] | So what you say overrules what she says? | 这么说你说话比她管用 |
[12:51] | – Technically, yeah. – Can you show me a dead body? | -理论上是 -那你能带我去看尸体吗 |
[12:55] | Uh, that– that’s a little forward. | 这 这要求有点儿过了 |
[12:57] | Does that mean yes? | 你答应了 |
[12:59] | That means let’s stick to the script. | 我的意思是 咱们还是回归正题 |
[13:01] | Uh… “How would you describe my mother?” | 该问 “你怎么形容我妈妈”了 |
[13:03] | Um, I think it’s safe to say that your mother is… | 我觉得这么说吧 你妈妈她是个 |
[13:07] | determined to be the best at what she does. | 决心要成为业界精英的人 |
[13:09] | – She’s very committed to the job. – So what you’re saying is, | -她非常忠于职守 -你是说 |
[13:11] | even when my mom’s not in charge, she’s still in charge. | 就算我妈不是领导 所有人也得听她的 |
[13:14] | In this case, you better believe it. | 在这种情况下 你最好这样认为 |
[13:26] | Nice digs for a construction worker. | 对一名建筑工人来说 这住处很不错了 |
[13:29] | You’re the ones who called about Cal. | 你们就是打电话来问卡尔的人吧 |
[13:31] | You the landlord? | 你是房东吗 |
[13:32] | Uh, owner. | 是房主 |
[13:34] | Mike Walsh. | 迈克·沃什 |
[13:36] | What happened to him? | 他出什么事了 |
[13:39] | What makes you think something happened to him? | 你怎么知道他出事了呢 |
[13:40] | Well, you’re here, for one. | 首先 无事不登三宝殿 |
[13:42] | And, uh, I usually get a call from Cal, like, once a day. | 其次 卡尔通常每天都会给我打电话 |
[13:46] | The sink’s leaking, garbage disposal doesn’t work. | 诸如水池漏了 废物处理装置坏了之类 |
[13:49] | But, uh, last few days, nothing. | 但最近几天 居然消停得很 |
[13:57] | Uh, anything else I can help you with? | 还有什么要我帮忙 |
[13:58] | We’ll let you know. | 有事会问你的 |
[14:06] | Nice. | 真漂亮 |
[14:15] | How’s it going in here? | 你这里情况怎样了 |
[14:17] | How’s it going out there? | 你那儿的情况又怎样了 |
[14:18] | – Your daughter’s a lot like you. – Is that good or bad? | -你女儿很像你 -这是好还是不好 |
[14:22] | Amusing. | 很有意思哦 |
[14:24] | Don’t worry. I stuck to your questions. | 别担心 我只回答了你列出的问题 |
[14:26] | Callum Shane O’Donnell. Fellow Irishman. | 卡勒姆·肖恩·奥唐奈 爱尔兰同乡 |
[14:30] | Do we know anything more? | 还有什么发现吗 |
[14:33] | Unless he was injected with water… | 除非他被注过水 |
[14:37] | He was frozen? | 他被冷冻过 |
[14:43] | No sign of struggle. | 没有挣扎的迹象 |
[14:45] | Nothing amiss except a leaky bathroom faucet. | 除了卫生间龙头漏水 没什么异常 |
[14:53] | Yeah? | 喂 |
[14:54] | Check the freezer. | 检查下冰箱 |
[14:56] | What? | 什么 |
[14:57] | Check the freezer. | 检查一下冰箱 |
[14:59] | Now. | 快去 |
[15:06] | Sam? | 萨姆 |
[15:12] | I think we just found | 我想咱们找到了 |
[15:14] | the rest of Callum Shane O’Donnell. | 卡勒姆·肖恩·奥唐奈的余尸 |
[15:31] | – Over here. – So far. When you finish taking every body part | -这边请 -到目前为止从冰箱里 |
[15:34] | out of the freezer, it needs to be catalogued. | 取得的尸块 均需将其整编归类 |
[15:37] | I’m also gonna need you guys to photograph each piece, | 我还要你们给每个尸块拍照 |
[15:39] | both in and out of its wrapping. | 拆包前后都要拍照 |
[15:41] | You want me to unwrap ’em now? | 要我现在把它们打开吗 |
[15:42] | No, let’s wait for the M.E. | 不 等法医来 |
[15:44] | We think this is almost all of him. | 我们认为这差不多是他的全尸了 |
[15:46] | “Almost”? | 差不多 |
[15:48] | We’re missing the head. | 还没找到头部 |
[15:50] | Who would do something like this? | 谁会下此毒手 |
[15:54] | I need you to stay outside, Mr. Walsh. | 请别进来 沃什先生 |
[15:56] | And I also wanna talk to your tenants, | 另外 我想找你的房客们谈谈 |
[15:58] | So a list of names would be helpful. | 所以请你给我一份名单 |
[16:01] | Sure. S-sure. | 好的 没问题 |
[16:06] | Somebody cuts a man up, throws half of him in a dumpster, | 有人把他大卸八块 一半丢垃圾桶 |
[16:09] | and the other half on ice. | 另一半装进冰箱里 |
[16:13] | You have a theory? | 有什么推论吗 |
[16:15] | No. | 没有 |
[16:18] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[16:25] | All right, so this is where he was cut up. | 这就是他被肢解的地方 |
[16:28] | Whoever did it did a hell of a clean-up job. | 凶手把现场清理得一干二净 |
[16:32] | I think he missed a spot. | 我觉得他忘了一点 |
[16:37] | All right, guys, | 好了 伙计们 |
[16:38] | we’re gonna take these drains apart. | 我们得拆掉这里的排水管 |
[16:39] | Sink, too. | 还有水槽 |
[16:42] | Let’s go talk to the neighbors. | 我们去和邻居了解下情况 |
[16:45] | You can’t have the Philly Chain Saw Massacre | 这里上演着费城电锯杀人狂 |
[16:47] | going on next door and not hear something. | 隔壁不可能一点动静都听不到 |
[16:49] | We didn’t hear a thing, but then we wouldn’t have. | 我们没听到 因为没法听到 |
[16:52] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[16:53] | When we moved in, | 我们刚搬来时 |
[16:54] | Cal would turn up his TV so loud, it always wakes the baby. | 卡尔把电视开很大声 经常吵醒孩子 |
[16:58] | We had to get the whole place soundproofed. | 我们迫不得已只好给屋子装了隔音层 |
[17:00] | What about you, Mr. Ling? | 林先生 那你呢 |
[17:01] | You and Cal get along? | 你和卡尔熟吗 |
[17:04] | I barely knew the guy except to say hello. | 除了平时寒暄 我根本不认识那人 |
[17:07] | You seem a little anxious. | 你有点紧张啊 |
[17:08] | Someone chopped up a body right next door. | 有人在我们隔壁把人分尸了 |
[17:11] | Why don’t you find the guy instead of bothering us? | 你为什么不去找凶手反而来烦我们呢 |
[17:16] | Across the street! | 街对面 |
[17:18] | I’m sorry. You can’t come in here, ma’am. | 很抱歉 女士 你不能进去 |
[17:19] | A crime has been committed. | 里面发生了凶杀案 |
[17:21] | That’s terrible. | 真恐怖 |
[17:21] | Can you tell me what happened? | 可以告诉我发生了什么事吗 |
[17:23] | That’s all I can say right now. You need to go. | 现在我只能告诉你这么多 你得离开 |
[17:26] | -That’s okay. I got it. – Okay. | -没关系 我来处理 -好的 |
[17:28] | You live here? | 你住这里吗 |
[17:29] | No. I am nanny for baby. | 不 我是看孩子的保姆 |
[17:31] | Oh, for the Lings in 3A? | 哦 是住3A林家的保姆吗 |
[17:33] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[17:34] | Jasmina. Jasmina Ruzic. | 亚斯米娜 亚斯米娜·鲁齐 |
[17:37] | Please, what happened? | 请问到底发生了什么事 |
[17:38] | The man in 3B, did you know him | 住3B的人你认识吗 |
[17:40] | – Mr. O’donnell? – Yes. | -奥唐奈先生吗 -是的 |
[17:43] | I-is he okay? | 他还好吗 |
[17:45] | Well, actually, he’s dead. | 实际上 他死了 |
[17:47] | Did the Lings ever give Mr. O’donnell any trouble? | 林家人找过奥唐奈麻烦吗 |
[17:51] | No. | 没有 |
[17:51] | Mr. Ling seemed a little jumpy | 我们找林先生了解情况时 |
[17:54] | when we talked to him. | 他有点紧张 |
[17:54] | Mr. Ling is–is big smoker. | 林先生是–是个老烟枪 |
[17:57] | Mrs. Ling won’t let him smoke around baby. | 林太太不允许他在孩子附近吸烟 |
[17:59] | Only outside. | 只能在室外抽烟 |
[18:01] | Please. If I am late, | 求你们让我进去吧 我迟到的话 |
[18:02] | big trouble with Mrs. Ling. | 林太太会发飙的 |
[18:05] | Thank you. Go ahead. | 谢谢你 进去吧 |
[18:15] | Hi. I’m Ethan. Sorry I’m late. | 我是伊桑 抱歉我迟到了 |
[18:17] | I was just at the… | 我刚在… |
[18:19] | I was at the dump. | 我刚在垃圾场 |
[18:22] | Oh, no. Oh, no. | 不 不 不 |
[18:28] | I’m talking to forensic pathology fellow | 跟我说话的是法医病理学研究员 |
[18:30] | Dr. Ethan Gross. | 伊桑·格罗斯医生 |
[18:32] | Why were you at the city dump? | 你为什么要去翻垃圾 |
[18:34] | Looking for body parts. | 去找尸体的残肢 |
[18:36] | A man’s foot and hand were found in a field yesterday. | 昨天在野外发现了一个男人的脚和手 |
[18:39] | And then earlier today, | 今天早些时候 |
[18:40] | I found a knee and a thigh in an alley. | 我在巷子里找到了一个膝盖和一个大腿 |
[18:43] | Can I see them? | 我可以看看吗 |
[18:44] | Sure. If–What? No. No! No. | 当然 如果 什么 不行 不行 |
[18:46] | Your mom had questions, right? | 你妈妈不是准备了问题吗 |
[18:48] | Have you read these questions? | 你读过这些问题了吗 |
[18:50] | How am I supposed to learn anything about what my mom does | 就这些破问题我怎么可能了解 |
[18:52] | – with these lame questions? – Lame? | -我妈的工作情况呢 -破问题 |
[18:55] | How about number four? | 第四个问题怎样 |
[18:57] | “Name your three biggest influences | “举例说明在医学中对你影响最大的 |
[18:58] | in medicine and why.” | 三件事及其原因” |
[19:00] | You know, I remember, | 我记得 |
[19:01] | uh, the first time I saw Rembrandt’s | 我第一次看伦勃朗的书 |
[19:03] | “The anatomy of Dr. Tulp.” | 《蒂尔普医生的解剖学》 |
[19:04] | I-I thought it was lame, | 我觉得很差劲 |
[19:06] | like these questions. Lame. | 就像这些问题一样 破得要死 |
[19:09] | So… | 那么 |
[19:11] | Showe something cool. | 给我看些牛逼的东西吧 |
[19:13] | So aside from the healed peptic ulcer, | 除了已经痊愈的胃溃疡 |
[19:14] | I’d say that Cal was in remarkably good shape | 我不得不说对于患类风湿关节炎的人来说 |
[19:17] | for somebody with debilitating arthritis. | 卡尔的身体状况很不错 |
[19:19] | Let’s find out what he was on. | 我们看一下他在服什么药 |
[19:21] | Run a tox tissue test for medications, will you? | 去做个药物检测 可以吗 |
[19:25] | Our killer definitely knew his joints. | 杀手对他的关节了解的很清楚 |
[19:27] | These are very clean cuts. | 切口很干净利落 |
[19:29] | And the kerf marks at the separation points are consistent. | 分割处的截痕是连续的 |
[19:32] | I still say he used a hacksaw. | 我还是认为杀手用的是弓形锯 |
[19:34] | And from the angle, I’d say right-handed. | 从切口角度看 我认为杀手是个右撇子 |
[19:36] | Then he would’ve have to have held each body part | 他用右手锯尸体 每锯一块就得用左手 |
[19:39] | firmly in his left hand while he sawed with his right. | 牢牢地摁住尸体的其他部分 |
[19:43] | So let’s check for residue to the left of every cut point. | 我们检查下切口左侧是否有残留物 |
[19:51] | I got something. | 我发现了些东西 |
[19:52] | Here above the wrist. | 腕关节上边 |
[19:54] | Two smudges. | 两点污渍 |
[19:57] | Dark powder. | 黑色粉末 |
[19:58] | Fine residue. | 很好的残留物 |
[20:00] | Didn’t you say that somebody grabbed Cal’s arm | 你不是说过卡尔被推进车之前 |
[20:03] | before shoving him into a car? | 有人抓过他手臂吗 |
[20:05] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[20:07] | It could be transfer from our mystery man. | 可能是从神秘人身上沾到的 |
[20:10] | I’ll put it under a microscope. | 我会用显微镜观察一下 |
[20:13] | We practically dismantled the place. | 我们把这里翻了个底朝天 |
[20:15] | Guess what else is missing besides Cal’s head. | 猜猜看除了卡尔的头还有什么不见了 |
[20:18] | – The casino money. – Bingo. | -赌场的钱 -答对了 |
[20:20] | Maybe he put it in the bank. | 可能存银行了 |
[20:21] | Checked the balance. Not there either. | 查了他账户 没有 |
[20:23] | But his social security money has been coming out of the bank | 但是他的社保金每隔一周都会有 |
[20:26] | every other week in $500 checks made out to cash. | 五百美元的支票兑现 |
[20:29] | Detective, we found this blue contact lens | 警探 我们在浴室水槽网中发现 |
[20:32] | in the trap in the bathroom sink. | 这个蓝色隐形眼镜 |
[20:38] | I don’t see Cal putting in contact lenses | 我可不认为卡尔能用那双患关节炎的手 |
[20:40] | with two arthritic hands. | 戴隐形眼镜 |
[20:41] | Then whose is it? | 那是谁的 |
[20:47] | Her eyes were blue this morning. | 今早她的眼睛是蓝色的 |
[20:51] | You wanna leave?! Then leave! | 你想走 走好了 |
[20:53] | But you’re not taking that with you! | 你休想带走这些 |
[20:54] | – It’s mine! – The hell it is! | -是我的 -鬼才信 |
[20:56] | Go! Go! Go! | 快 快 快 |
[21:07] | Don’t tell me. You won it in a poker game. | 别跟我说 这是你玩扑克赢的钱 |
[21:26] | My dad called to tell me | 我爸爸打电话告诉我 |
[21:28] | he had some money he wanted to give me. | 他有些钱想给我 |
[21:31] | I thought it was money to pay us back for his knee surgery. | 我以为是要还我们付的膝盖手术费 |
[21:33] | But when I got there, it was 25 grand. | 我到那才发现有两万五千块钱 |
[21:38] | He wanted to give it to me. | 他想把钱给我 |
[21:40] | I…I couldn’t believe it. | 我…我觉得难以置信 |
[21:42] | So your father just gave you all that money? | 你父亲当时就把钱都给你了 是吗 |
[21:44] | I started crying, and then I lost my contact. | 我开始痛哭 然后去洗手间洗脸时 |
[21:48] | I washed my face in the bathroom. | 把隐形眼镜弄掉了 |
[21:50] | So what about the 500 bucks every other week made out to cash? | 那隔周兑换出来的五百块现金是怎么回事 |
[21:53] | What 500 bucks every other week? | 什么隔周五百块 |
[21:56] | I never saw 500 bucks from him period. | 他可从没给过我五百块什么的 |
[21:59] | If I’d have known he was giving it away, | 我要是知道他在把钱白送给别人 |
[22:00] | – I would’ve– – You would’ve what? | -我早就 -早就怎么着 |
[22:03] | Dean isn’t the easiest man to live with. | 迪恩是个难以相处的人 |
[22:05] | There were some things I had to give up when I married him. | 和他结婚让我不得不放弃许多事情 |
[22:08] | Like what? | 比如什么 |
[22:10] | Art school. | 上艺术学院 |
[22:12] | Those drawings in your father’s apartment– | 你爸爸住处的那些画 |
[22:15] | you did them? | 是你画的吗 |
[22:16] | That’s why dad gave me the money. | 这就是他把钱给我的原因 |
[22:20] | He knew I wasn’t happy… | 他知道我不开心 |
[22:24] | And he… | 也知道 |
[22:26] | he knew what would cure it. | 要如何改变现状 |
[22:28] | Leaving Dean? | 离开迪恩吗 |
[22:30] | A new life. | 开始新的生活 |
[22:32] | Follow my dreams. | 追随自己的理想 |
[22:35] | And then Dean found the money. | 可钱被迪恩发现了 |
[22:41] | Those are a lot of tears. You believe her? | 一把鼻涕一把泪的 你相信她吗 |
[22:43] | Well, she has opportunity but no motive. | 她是有杀人时机 却缺乏动机 |
[22:46] | Or maybe her story is bogus, | 也许她的故事全是胡编乱造 |
[22:48] | and Cal didn’t give her the money. She took it. | 卡尔没把钱给她 而是她抢走了呢 |
[22:50] | That’s a rather cynical view of father-daughter relations. | 能想出这样的父女关系 你够愤青的 |
[22:52] | We’ve got her D.N.A. | 在父亲住处发现的是她的DNA |
[22:54] | from the apartment, not his. | 而不是女婿的 |
[22:54] | Yeah, but he’s the one with the tarzan temper, not her. | 没错 可是丈夫脾气暴躁 |
[22:57] | But that temper didn’t pop | 但是卡尔死去之前 |
[22:58] | until after Cal was already dead,right? | 他并没有发过飙 不是吗 |
[22:59] | Unless his story’s bogus. | 除非他在扯谎 |
[23:01] | Or maybe they’re in it together. | 没准他们是同伙呢 |
[23:03] | How’s that for cynical? | 这个想法够愤青不 |
[23:06] | Hey! How we doing? | 嗨 进展如何 |
[23:09] | Mom, what happened to the guy who got chopped into pieces? | 妈 那个被分尸的家伙怎么样了 |
[23:12] | Who told you that? | 谁告诉你的 |
[23:13] | Ethan. | 伊桑 |
[23:16] | A word, please. | 你给我过来 |
[23:19] | Mom, I didn’t come here | 妈妈 我来这里可不是 |
[23:20] | to see what you want me to see. | 只为看你希望我看到的东西 |
[23:22] | I came here to learn about what you do. Remember? | 我是来了解你工作的真实情况 记得吗 |
[23:25] | Curtis, I believe it’s time for your interview. | 柯蒂斯 我想接下来该采访你了吧 |
[23:28] | Thanks a lot. | 我谢你啊 |
[23:35] | Start sectioning. | 做你的切片观察吧 |
[23:37] | You know, she said we didn’t have to stick with the questions. | 她说我们不能局限于那几个问题 |
[23:39] | She is 12 years old. | 她才十二岁 |
[23:41] | Seeing your first dead body | 一旦你让她看到尸体 |
[23:43] | can be a traumatic experience. | 这种初次体验可能会造成心理创伤 |
[23:44] | I do not want her to see anything in the wrong context. | 我不想让她看到任何不该看的东西 |
[23:47] | You know, what is the right context anyway? | 那什么才算该看的东西呢 |
[23:49] | W-we’re trying to understand how this man died | 面对那堆七零八落的尸块 |
[23:52] | based on the parts we can see, and it’s getting us nowhere. | 我们尚且无法得知被害人如何死亡 |
[23:55] | I mean, has it ever occurred to you that | 你有没有想过 |
[23:57] | Lacey is trying to understand you, but all she can see | 莱西本想试着了解你 而她看到的却是 |
[23:59] | are the parts that you’re willing to show her? | 你意愿之下展示给她的片面印象而已 |
[24:03] | I’m sectioning. | 我正研究切片 |
[24:05] | I am sectioning. | 我正研究切片 |
[24:08] | Wait a second. | 等等 |
[24:11] | I found this mixed with a blood clot | 我从这些肺动脉里 |
[24:13] | in one of the pulmonary arteries. | 凝固的血块中找到了这个 |
[24:17] | Here. | 给 |
[24:19] | You have any idea what it is? | 你知道这是什么吗 |
[24:27] | I’m sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[24:30] | Aren’t you supposed to be interviewing me now? | 你不是要采访我吗 |
[24:32] | What’s the point? You’re not gonna show me anything. | 有什么意思呢 你什么都不会让我看的 |
[24:35] | Look, some things you’d see in this place | 听着 这里有很多东西 |
[24:37] | – would make your hair stand on end. – Like what? | -会让你毛骨悚然 -比如说 |
[24:40] | Like your mother on a warpath. | 比如你火冒三丈的妈妈 |
[24:42] | I’m already familiar with that. | 我早就习惯了 |
[24:44] | She’s such a control freak. Do you know she printed up | 她是个控制狂 你知道吗 |
[24:47] | a list of questions for me to ask everyone? | 她甚至给我印了个采访问题列表 |
[24:49] | Mm-hmm. I got a copy. | 当然知道 我也拿到了 |
[24:52] | Like I’m gonna find out anything by | 搞得我好像真能 |
[24:53] | talking to you guys anyway. | 从你们嘴里挖出什么机密一样 |
[24:56] | Rules are meant to be broken. | 规矩注定要被打破的 |
[24:58] | Even your mother can appreciate that. | 即便是你妈也不是个循规蹈矩之人 |
[25:00] | Turn on the camera. | 打开摄像机 |
[25:01] | Turn it on. | 打开吧 |
[25:06] | This is the material we found above the wrist. | 这是我们在死者手腕上收集到的物质 |
[25:08] | It’s cigarette ash. | 经鉴定是香烟灰 |
[25:12] | Look. | 看 |
[25:15] | Hello. | 嗨 |
[25:16] | Mom. Uh, don’t have a freak-out, okay? | 妈妈 别发火 好吗 |
[25:18] | He wasn’t showing me anything bad. | 他没给我看什么恐怖的东西 |
[25:22] | This is the material we found above the wrist. | 从死者手腕上收集到的物质 |
[25:24] | It’s cigarette ash. | 是香烟灰 |
[25:26] | You’d need to be a pretty heavy smoker | 只有烟瘾极大的老烟枪 |
[25:28] | to accumulate this much on your fingertips. | 才会在指尖留下这样的痕迹 |
[25:30] | If you give me a few more minutes, | 如果你再给我点时间 |
[25:32] | I can probably tell you the brand. | 我能查出香烟的牌子 |
[25:33] | Thank you very much, Curtis. | 非常感谢 柯蒂斯 |
[25:36] | Would you please call detective Baker, | 能麻烦你把这个消息 |
[25:38] | and share that information with her, | 告诉贝克警探 |
[25:39] | and ask her to find out what brand James Ling smokes? | 让她查查詹姆斯·林平常爱抽什么烟 |
[25:42] | I’m not in trouble? | 你没生我的气吗 |
[25:44] | No. Not at all. | 一点也没有 |
[25:50] | You… | 你… |
[25:52] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[26:04] | The M.E.’s office puts your cigerette ash on Cal’s arm. | 法医在卡尔手臂上发现了你抽的烟灰 |
[26:07] | It was you who drove him back from the casino that night, | 那晚是你开着黑色跑车把他 |
[26:10] | in your black sports car, wasn’t it? | 送他回来的 没错吧 |
[26:11] | A little guy time, away from the wife and baby. | 偶尔离开妻儿 跟哥们一起乐呵一下 |
[26:14] | You can understand that, can’t you? | 你能理解吧 对吧 |
[26:15] | So you see Cal win all this money, | 你知道卡尔中了大奖 |
[26:17] | you wait for him in the parking lot, | 就在停车场等着他 |
[26:19] | and then you force him into the car. | 逼迫他就范上你的车 |
[26:20] | Wait. Wait. I helped him into the car. | 等等 我是把他扶进车里的 |
[26:23] | The man had a limp. He stumbled. I grabbed him. | 他是跛子 走路不方便 我捎他回家 |
[26:26] | And then what? | 然后呢 |
[26:26] | Then nothing. I drove home. | 没有然后了 我开车回来 |
[26:28] | He went his way. I went mine. I didn’t see him after that. | 我俩各回各家 自此我就再也没见过他 |
[26:32] | So why lie about it? | 那你为什么说谎呢 |
[26:33] | I never would have heard the end of it with Mira. | 我怕米拉会没完没了地问 |
[26:35] | She hated Cal’s guts. | 她讨厌卡尔那种人 |
[26:38] | It’s been hard on her, home all day with the baby. | 她很不容易 整天在家带孩子 |
[26:40] | I didn’t want to make it worse. | 我不想让她心情变得更差 |
[26:41] | Oh, come on. How hard can it be with a full-time nanny? | 拜托 你不是雇了全职保姆吗 |
[26:44] | Nanny? | 保姆 |
[26:47] | Turn on your camera. | 开始录吧 |
[26:51] | Hold up your hand. | 伸出手来 |
[26:55] | Look at it. | 看着它 |
[26:57] | Now imagine that your hand was the only thing | 想象你的手就是唯一线索 |
[27:01] | that told the story of you. | 来推测有关你的一切 |
[27:04] | What were your dreams? Who loved you? | 你的梦想是什么 谁是爱你的人 |
[27:07] | Who’s grieving now that you’re gone? | 如果你死了 谁会为之难过 |
[27:10] | It’s a small, delicate hand, | 这是一只纤细的小手 |
[27:14] | the hand of a young girl | 小女孩的手 |
[27:16] | who wears nail polish. | 还涂着指甲油 |
[27:18] | What does that color say about her? | 她用的颜色说明什么 |
[27:21] | What has she held in her hand? | 她手中握过什么 |
[27:26] | The reins of a horse? | 骏马的缰绳吗 |
[27:29] | The hand of a boy? | 男孩的手吗 |
[27:42] | This is the hand of Callum Shane O’Donnell. | 这是卡勒姆·肖恩·奥唐奈的手 |
[27:48] | He built skyscrapers with this hand. | 他用这只手建造过摩天大楼 |
[27:52] | He held his baby daughter Jenny with this hand. | 他用这只手握住女儿詹妮的小手 |
[27:56] | This hand gave her money, | 他用这只手将钱交给女儿 |
[27:59] | so that she could follow her dream and go to art school. | 让女儿能够延续梦想 去艺术学校上学 |
[28:02] | We do a lot of different things here, | 我们的工作内容繁杂纷乱 |
[28:05] | but they all have the same goal– | 但只有一个目的 |
[28:08] | to find out what happened. So that a family can mourn, | 查明真相 以宽慰被害者家属 |
[28:13] | so that the right person is held accountable. | 让凶手为罪行负责 |
[28:16] | They’re not just dead bodies to us, Lace. | 莱西 他们对我们来说不只是尸体 |
[28:20] | They’re the stories of a life, | 他们诉说着生命的故事 |
[28:25] | and it’s our job to tell it. | 我们的工作就是把它发掘出来 |
[28:28] | Do you know who killed him? | 你们知道是谁杀了他吗 |
[28:29] | We don’t even know how he died yet. | 现在我们连他怎么死的都不知道 |
[28:34] | Look at this. | 看看这个 |
[28:42] | This is tissue that we found in his pulmonary artery. | 这是在他肺动脉找到的组织样本 |
[28:48] | You can hold it. Here. | 你可以拿着看 给 |
[28:53] | It’s like putting together a puzzle. | 就像在玩拼图 |
[28:55] | Sometimes there’s just one piece that won’t fit. | 有时只有一块死活拼不上 |
[28:59] | Maybe it’s in the wrong place. | 也许找的位置不对 |
[29:04] | The killer had to have tremendous upper body strength. | 凶手的上肢力量一定奇大无比 |
[29:07] | Dean Avery fits that bill. | 迪恩·艾弗里符合这点 |
[29:08] | Let’s not rule out a woman | 不要从力量这点 |
[29:09] | just because of upper body strength. | 就排除了女性作案的可能 |
[29:10] | The daughter had opportunity. | 他女儿有作案时机 |
[29:12] | And we still have no cause of death. | 我们还没查明死因 |
[29:13] | What happened to our tox screen? | 药物检测怎么样了 |
[29:15] | Uh, we’re still waiting on it. | 还在等结果 |
[29:15] | We don’t need it. | 不用等了 |
[29:16] | Thanks to Lacey, we have an answer. | 多亏莱西 找到答案了 |
[29:18] | Cause of death is blunt force trauma to the head. | 死因是头部遭到钝器击打 |
[29:21] | But… we don’t have the head. | 但咱们还没找到头呢 |
[29:24] | We don’t need that either. | 用不着看头 |
[29:25] | You know that mystery tissue you found | 还记得你在卡尔肺动脉 |
[29:27] | in Cal’s pulmonary artery? | 找到的神秘组织吗 |
[29:29] | It’s brain tissue. | 是脑部组织 |
[29:31] | He must have been hit hard enough to fracture the skull, | 他遭到很严重的击打 致使头骨破碎 |
[29:35] | lacerating the venous sinuses, | 硬脑膜静脉窦也破裂了 |
[29:37] | allowing tiny fragments of brain tissue | 从而使脑部组织碎片 |
[29:40] | to enter the superior vena cava, | 进入上腔静脉 |
[29:42] | which then went in to the heart | 然后又经过心脏 |
[29:44] | and landed in the pulmonary arteries. | 最终停留在肺动脉 |
[29:47] | Tox screen results. | 药理报告 |
[29:49] | Cal was taking methotrexate for rheumatoid arthritis. | 卡尔在用甲氨蝶呤来治疗风湿性关节炎 |
[29:52] | Methotrexate? If Cal had a peptic ulcer, | 甲氨蝶呤 如果卡尔有胃溃疡的话 |
[29:56] | he’d have to take that by injection only. | 这种药只能用注射的方式摄入 |
[29:58] | Tell me how a man who has debilitating arthritis | 一个患有严重关节炎的人 |
[30:00] | can inject himself. | 又怎么能给自己注射呢 |
[30:02] | He was paying someone 500 bucks every other week. | 他以隔周500块的酬劳雇了人 |
[30:07] | Cal had a caretaker. | 卡尔有个护工 |
[30:10] | Oh. That’s your dad. Come on. | 是你爸 走 |
[30:13] | Mom, I can’t leave now. It’s just getting interesting. | 我现在不能走 刚开始有点眉目 |
[30:15] | Your dad’s gonna be here any minute. | 你爸马上就过来 |
[30:16] | – What about my interview? – What about catching the killer? | -还没采访我呢 -还没抓到凶手呢 |
[30:18] | Oh, like mother, like daughter, huh? | 有其母必有其女 |
[30:21] | No, you don’t. You never stop. | 不可能 你一工作就忘点了 |
[30:23] | She’s got you there. | 她很了解你 |
[30:24] | I’ve got something to tell you. | 有事跟你说 |
[30:25] | I got something to tell you. | 我也有事跟你说 |
[30:26] | Oh, god. There’s your father. | 老天哪 是你爸 |
[30:28] | I hope you got everything that you needed. | 我希望你要录的都录完了 |
[30:31] | – Please take her downstairs, all right? – Sure. | -带她下楼好吗 -好 |
[30:33] | Bye, Lace. | 再见 莱西 |
[30:38] | Turn your camera on. I got something to show you. Come on. | 打开相机 给你看点东西 来 |
[30:42] | Cal O’Donnell had a mystery helper, | 卡尔·奥唐奈有位神秘的护工 |
[30:44] | somebody who gave him injections three times a week, | 每周给他打三次针 |
[30:47] | yet managed to stay completely off the radar. | 但现在却神秘的人间蒸发了 |
[30:51] | Guess who else stayed off the radar. | 知道还有谁也人间蒸发了吗 |
[30:53] | Jasmina Ruzic. | 亚斯米娜·鲁齐 |
[30:54] | The Lings’ nanny? | 林家的保姆 |
[30:55] | The Lings don’t have a nanny, | 林家没有保姆 |
[30:57] | and Jasmina Ruzic doesn’t exist. | 亚斯米娜·鲁齐根本不存在 |
[31:15] | Now the Lings didn’t have a nanny, but Cal did. | 林家没有保姆 但卡尔有 |
[31:18] | Jasmina Ruzic. | 亚斯米娜·鲁齐 |
[31:20] | Real name– Irina Tomislava. | 真名是伊莉娜·托米斯拉娃 |
[31:23] | Former surgical nurse from Belgrade, Serbia. | 曾是塞尔维亚 贝尔格莱德的外科护士 |
[31:25] | Ah. How’d you’d find her? | 你怎么找到她的 |
[31:26] | I tracked down the pharmacy where Cal used to get | 我查了给卡尔开 |
[31:29] | his methotrexate prescriptions filled. | 甲氨蝶呤处方的药房 |
[31:32] | Irina used to pick them up. | 伊莉娜给他拿过药 |
[31:36] | We found this under the spare in the trunk of your car. | 这是在你车子后备箱里找到的 |
[31:41] | The M.E. tells me | 法医告诉我 |
[31:42] | It’s the same blade used to chop up Cal. | 这就是用于肢解卡尔的那把刀 |
[31:45] | Now you may have an explanation for this. | 现在你什么好解释的吗 |
[31:48] | I’d love to hear it. | 我洗耳恭听 |
[31:56] | You can talk to me, Irina. | 有什么都可以跟我说 伊莉娜 |
[32:03] | I tell you, | 我跟你说 |
[32:04] | She’s one of the steeliest killers I’ve ever met– | 她算是我见过最冷血的杀手了 |
[32:06] | carves a man up, dumps him, and doesn’t even blink. | 杀人分尸 抛尸 眼都不眨一下 |
[32:10] | Let me have a shot at her, doctor to nurse. | 我去跟她谈 医生对护士 |
[32:22] | Cal took his meds. | 卡尔一直在接受治疗 |
[32:23] | He was much more ambulatory than I would’ve thought | 对于得这种病的人来说 |
[32:25] | for somebody with his disease, | 他的身体比我想象的健壮多了 |
[32:27] | which means hours of physical therapy, | 证明你曾长期为他做物理治疗 |
[32:29] | massaging hands, massaging feet. | 又是揉手 又是揉脚的 |
[32:32] | You did an excellent job. | 你做得很不错 |
[32:33] | Body is the proof. | 逝者之尸足以为证 |
[32:37] | You cared him, Irina. | 你其实很关心他的 伊莉娜 |
[32:39] | So what happened… | 那一天 |
[32:41] | on that day– | 究竟都发生了什么 |
[32:44] | when you went from being so caring, | 是什么让曾经如此体贴 |
[32:46] | so… good | 如此 善良的你 |
[32:51] | to chopping him up | 竟把他肢解成块 |
[32:53] | and throwing him out like a piece of garbage? | 然后像垃圾一样丢弃 |
[32:55] | I didn’t kill Mr. O’donnell. | 奥唐奈先生不是我杀的 |
[32:59] | I liked him. | 我很喜欢他 |
[33:01] | He was good to me, paid me under the table. | 他对我很好 用现钱付我工资 |
[33:04] | Grew up poor, worked hard, like me. | 出身平寒 勤奋工作 像我一样 |
[33:09] | He was good man. | 他是个好人 |
[33:13] | He promised to help me bring my son here from Belgrade. | 他答应帮我把儿子从贝尔格莱德接来 |
[33:18] | He made me hope | 他让我平生第一次 |
[33:20] | for the first time. | 对生活产生了希望 |
[33:23] | So you see, I would never, ever harm this man. | 所以我永远 绝不会伤害这个男人 |
[33:27] | So you tell me what happened. | 那告诉我究竟发生了什么 |
[33:30] | I come in to check on him, | 我进屋去看望他 |
[33:33] | find him on floor in bathroom in bathrobe, | 发现他穿着浴袍倒在浴缸里 |
[33:35] | and… he must have slipped. | 我想他是滑倒了 |
[33:39] | I tried to revive him, but it was too late. | 我试图使他苏醒 可太迟了 |
[33:43] | He was long dead. | 他死了好一会儿了 |
[33:44] | Why not call 9-1-1? | 为什么不打911 |
[33:47] | Why cut him up? | 为什么分尸 |
[33:49] | He died before he could write | 他这么突然死掉 |
[33:50] | last immigration letter for me and my son. | 而我还差他这最后一封移民推荐信 |
[33:54] | If Cal is found dead, | 要是被人发现他死了 |
[33:57] | I die, too–inside. | 我的希望也就破灭了 |
[33:59] | I lose everything– my son… | 我什么都没了 我的儿子 |
[34:02] | So maybe if I could write letter, | 所以我想也许我能替他写这封信 |
[34:05] | get this last piece of puzzle, | 把问题解决掉 |
[34:08] | I could be safe. | 我便再无后顾之忧 |
[34:10] | My son could be safe. | 我儿子也能平安无事 |
[34:13] | I had to hide him. | 我得把尸体藏起来 |
[34:15] | And… carrying a 200-pound man | 仅凭你一人 把一百八十斤的大老爷们 |
[34:18] | by yourself through an apartment complex was not an option. | 弄出公寓 显然不是上上之选 |
[34:22] | Yes. | 没错 |
[34:24] | Irina… | 伊莉娜啊 |
[34:25] | He was your friend. | 他曾是你的朋友 |
[34:28] | He had a daughter. | 他还有一个女儿 |
[34:29] | What a– what about his dignity? | 你将死者的尊严置于何处 |
[34:31] | Dignity? | 尊严 |
[34:32] | Yes. | 你以为呢 |
[34:34] | I saw my first dead body when I was 3 years old. | 我第一次见到尸体时才三岁 |
[34:39] | One minute, Katya and I are playing, | 前一秒卡佳还在跟我嬉笑打闹 |
[34:42] | the next, half of her is across street. | 后一秒就身首异处 横尸街头 |
[34:45] | When you see that enough times, you come to realize… | 这东西看得多了 就会觉得 |
[34:49] | live when you can, | 能活着就拼命活着 |
[34:52] | because when you are dead, you are just… | 因为人死了就真的什么都不是了 |
[35:00] | I cannot pretend to know what your life has been like, | 我不敢妄称了解你所经历的生活 |
[35:04] | but I have seen my share of dead bodies, | 可是尸体我也见得多了 |
[35:06] | and I do not agree with you. | 对于你的观点 我不敢苟同 |
[35:10] | For what it’s worth, I believe you. | 不管怎样 我是相信你的 |
[35:16] | However, all we have is your word that you didn’t kill him, | 不过 仅凭你的供词说你没杀他 |
[35:19] | and it’s not enough. | 还不够证明你的清白 |
[35:20] | I don’t know how to prove it to you. | 我不知道怎样才能向你们证明 |
[35:23] | I do. | 我有办法 |
[35:25] | Tell us what you did with Cal’s head. | 你把卡尔的头扔哪儿了 |
[35:43] | That’s it. | 就是这个 |
[35:46] | Sir. Check inside. | 长官 请过来看看 |
[35:50] | I’ll take it. | 我来吧 |
[36:04] | It’s him. | 是他 |
[36:06] | And? | 然后呢 |
[36:08] | She’s telling the truth, Sam. | 萨姆 她说的是实话 |
[36:10] | Irina didn’t kill him. | 人不是伊莉娜杀的 |
[36:28] | There’s definitely a fracture at the base of the skull, | 颅底有一处明显的创伤 |
[36:30] | where Cal hit his head on the bathtub. | 是卡尔磕在浴缸时留下的 |
[36:33] | However, | 可是 |
[36:35] | there is a second, deeper fracture | 在颅骨顶部 还有一处 |
[36:37] | under the hair. | 更严重的创伤 |
[36:41] | That is the blow that killed him. | 这才是致命伤 |
[36:43] | Any idea what the weapon was? | 能确定凶器吗 |
[36:45] | First guess– good, old-fashioned hammer. | 初步推断是一把旧式的锤子 |
[36:47] | I found a bit of particulate matter in the wound. | 我在创口处发现些有趣的东西 |
[36:49] | I’m running a trace on it. | 正在进行痕迹鉴定 |
[36:50] | I need you to follow up, Peter. | 彼得 你来跟进 |
[36:53] | So why couldn’t Irina have done it? | 那为什么说不是伊莉娜干的 |
[36:56] | I’ll show you. | 我证明给你看 |
[36:58] | Irina found the body in the tub. | 伊莉娜在浴缸内发现了尸体 |
[37:00] | Cal’s standing right here. | 卡尔当时站在这里 |
[37:02] | The killer comes up behind him, | 凶手走到他身后 |
[37:04] | takes a big swing, | 大手那么一抡 |
[37:06] | leaving that mark on the wall, | 碰到身后的墙 留下印记 |
[37:09] | and then brings it down on Cal’s skull. | 然后死劲儿砸向卡尔的头部 |
[37:14] | Irina could not have left that mark… | 伊莉娜够不到那么高 |
[37:16] | unless she was swinging a 4-foot-long hammer. | 除非那锤子有一米多长 |
[37:20] | So now I’m looking for a 6-foot-tall mystery person, | 目标嫌疑人高一米八 |
[37:23] | Oh, sex unknown? | 而且 性别未知 |
[37:30] | Megan. | 请讲 |
[37:31] | According to the boys, this one was easy. | 用小伙们的话说 这次鉴定很简单 |
[37:33] | You got various metal compounds–brass, | 那是好几种金属的混合物 有黄铜 |
[37:35] | – copper… – Most likely from nails. | -红铜 -极有可能来自于钉子 |
[37:36] | Let the man talk. | 你让他说 |
[37:38] | From nails, most likely, | 极有可能是钉子 |
[37:39] | And fibers made of synthetic stone. | 还有人造石的纤维 |
[37:41] | Synthetic stone? | 人造石吗 |
[37:43] | Yeah, it’s called rock wool. | 是的 就是石棉 |
[37:44] | It’s, uh, used for soundproofing. | 通常用于隔音设施 |
[37:50] | We talked to the Lings. | 我们和林夫妇谈过了 |
[37:52] | They told us that | 他们告诉我们 |
[37:53] | you did all the repairs in that building yourself, | 那栋楼全部维修都是你自己来做的 |
[37:54] | including soundproofing their apartment | 包括用石棉给他们公寓 |
[37:56] | with a substance called rock wool. | 做隔音层 |
[37:58] | You had enough sense to get rid of the hammer, | 你很聪明 知道扔掉作案用的锤子 |
[38:01] | but your toolbox is full of rock wool fibers | 但你的工具箱里全是石棉纤维 |
[38:04] | and other assorted compounds– | 和其他各种各样的混合物 |
[38:05] | the same ones that we found | 并且跟我们在卡尔头骨上 |
[38:08] | embedded in Cal’s skull. | 找到的嵌入物一样 |
[38:09] | Anybody could have taken my toolbox. | 可能是别人拿了我的工具箱 |
[38:11] | No forced entry. | 工具箱没有被暴力打开的痕迹 |
[38:13] | Only you had the key. | 只有你有箱子的钥匙 |
[38:15] | I didn’t do it. | 不是我干的 |
[38:15] | Callum O’Donnell was the last | 卡勒姆·奥唐奈是最后一位享受 |
[38:18] | tenant under rent control. | 租金管制待遇的房客 |
[38:19] | He was the only thing standing between you | 他也是你没法把公寓转成 |
[38:21] | and turning that building into luxury condos. | 豪华公寓的绊脚石 |
[38:23] | This is crazy. I didn’t kill anybody. | 这太荒谬了 我没有杀人 |
[38:26] | Yes, you did. | 就是你干的 |
[38:27] | Do you know how bad this is gonna look to a jury? | 你知道在陪审团眼里这案子有多么恶劣吗 |
[38:29] | A disabled man giving all his money | 一个残疾人把他全部的钱 |
[38:32] | to his daughter to pursue her dream, | 给了自己的女儿让她去追求梦想 |
[38:34] | and you not only kill him for his apartment, | 而你却因公寓纠纷 不仅将其杀害 |
[38:36] | you chop him up into bits and shove him into his freezer. | 你还把他切成块 扔进他家的冰箱 |
[38:39] | I didn’t chop up anybody. | 我没有肢解任何人 |
[38:41] | I was surprised as anybody that the body wasn’t there. | 尸体不见了我也很惊讶 |
[38:44] | Which means only one thing… | 也就是说 |
[38:46] | You knew where the body should be, | 你知道尸体原本应该在哪 |
[38:49] | because you killed him. | 因为是你杀了他 |
[38:51] | Cal let you into his apartment to fix his leaky faucet, | 卡尔让你进他房间修理漏水的水龙头 |
[38:55] | and you responded by bashing him over the head with a hammer. | 而你就用抡起锤子砸向他的头部 |
[38:59] | You left him there, | 你把他留在原处 |
[39:01] | waiting for somebody else to find the body. | 等着尸体被别人发现 |
[39:04] | Nah. | 的确 |
[39:05] | You could never cut somebody up, | 你的确不会把别人分尸 |
[39:07] | but you’re perfectly capable of killing a man for money | 但你却绝对会为了钱而杀人灭口 |
[39:11] | and then leaving him there | 并且扬长而去 将尸体留在那里 |
[39:13] | for somebody else to find him dead on the floor. | 让其他人发现他惨死家中 |
[39:18] | You’re pathetic. | 你真可悲 |
[39:28] | I’m releasing your father’s body for burial today. | 你父亲的尸体今天可以下葬了 |
[39:31] | He wanted to be cremated. | 他想要火葬 |
[39:35] | There’s a hill in the park that overlooks the city. | 公园里有座山 可以俯瞰这座城市 |
[39:40] | He’d like that. | 他肯定会喜欢那里的 |
[39:42] | I was so stupid. | 我实在太蠢了 |
[39:43] | I missed out on the last year of my father’s life… | 我错过了爸爸生命的最后一年 |
[39:48] | all to be with a man who never really knew me. | 只为了和一个不了解我的男人在一起 |
[39:51] | That ends today. | 从今天起这种生活结束了 |
[39:53] | I’m leaving him | 我要离开他 |
[39:54] | and going back to school. | 然后重返校园 |
[40:01] | I bet your dad would like that, too. | 我肯定 你这么做你父亲也会喜欢的 |
[40:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢您 |
[40:16] | Uh, what was that about knowing when to call it a night? | 您不是号称到点收工吗 怎么还没走 |
[40:19] | I’m just wrapping up. I swear. | 我正在收拾 我发誓 |
[40:22] | I, uh, heard from the D.A. | 我从地方检查官那里听说 |
[40:24] | He’s decided to deport Irina | 他决定不会指控伊莉娜 |
[40:26] | instead of filing charges. | 而是将其驱逐出境 |
[40:29] | Well, at least she’ll be with her son. | 至少她能和她儿子在一起了 |
[40:33] | I’ll see you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[40:44] | Hi. My name is Lacey Fleming. | 大家好 我叫莱西·佛莱明 |
[40:46] | My Mom is Dr. Megan Hunt, | 我的妈妈是梅根·亨特医生 |
[40:47] | and she works as a Medical Examiner. | 她的职业是法医 |
[40:49] | I bet you think you know what my Mom does, | 我想你肯定自以为知道我妈妈是做什么的 |
[40:51] | That she cuts up dead bodies for a living? | 她的工作不就是切切尸体吗 |
[40:53] | That’s what I thought, too, but I was wrong. | 我本来也是这么认为的 但我错了 |
[40:56] | A man’s foot and hand were found in a field yesterday, | 昨天在野外发现了一个男人的脚和手 |
[41:00] | and then earlier today | 今天早些时候 |
[41:01] | I found a knee and a thigh in an alley. | 我在一条巷子里找到一个膝盖和一个大腿 |
[41:03] | These are cholesterol crystals in a rheumatoid nodule. | 这些是类风湿结节中的胆固醇结晶 |
[41:08] | They indicate he had arthritis. | 这表明他患有关节炎 |
[41:11] | This is the material we found above the wrist. | 这是我们在死者手腕上收集到的物质 |
[41:14] | It’s cigarette ash. | 是香烟灰 |
[41:15] | It’s like putting together a puzzle. | 这就像在玩拼图一样 |
[41:17] | sometimes there’s just one piece that won’t fit. | 有时就是有一块死活拼不上 |
[41:20] | And that’s all my Mom did– put a puzzle together– | 这就是我妈妈的工作 玩拼图 |
[41:22] | That’d be really cool, but it’s not. | 看起来很酷 但实际上不是 |
[41:25] | So everybody who’s watching, look at your hand. | 各位观众 请看着你们的手 |
[41:27] | Go ahead. Do it. Really look at it. | 来吧 认真地观察 |
[41:30] | Imagine that your hand | 想象你的手 |
[41:31] | was the only thing that told the story of you. | 是唯一能够了解你的线索 |
[41:36] | What were your dreams? Who loved you? | 你的梦想是什么 谁是爱你的人 |
[41:39] | Who’s grieving now that you’re gone? | 谁正在为了你的离去而悲伤哭泣 |
[41:41] | I think it’s safe to say that your mother is… | 我觉得这么说吧 你妈妈她 |
[41:44] | determined to be the best at what she does. | 她在工作中追求卓越 |
[41:46] | She’s very committed to the job. | 她对待工作非常投入 |
[41:48] | We go home at night, just like everybody else, | 我们晚上和所有人一样下班回家 |
[41:51] | but we never really stop. | 但我们从不停止工作 |
[41:53] | You know why? | 你知道为什么吗 |
[41:58] | It means | 这句话意思是 |
[41:59] | “This is where death rejoices to teach the living.” | 在这里 逝者欣然而归以辅佐在世生灵 |
[42:05] | Every person has something to teach us, | 三人行 必有我师 |
[42:07] | and we never stop learning. | 我们从不停止学习 |
[42:09] | We do a lot of different things around here, | 我们的工作内容繁杂纷乱 |
[42:11] | but they all have the same goal– | 但目的只有一个 |
[42:13] | to find out what happened so that a family can mourn, | 查明真相 以宽慰被害者家属 |
[42:17] | so that the right person is held accountable. | 从而让真凶为自己的罪行负责 |
[42:20] | They’re not just dead bodies to us, Lace. | 莱西 他们对我们来说不只是尸体 |
[42:24] | They’re the stories of a life, | 他们诉说着生命的故事 |
[42:27] | and it’s our job to tell it. | 我们的工作就是解读这些故事 |
[42:29] | His name was Callum Shane O’Donnell. | 他的名字叫卡勒姆·肖恩·奥唐奈 |
[42:31] | He was a father, a welder. | 他是一个父亲 一个焊接工人 |
[42:33] | He helped build this city with his bare hands. | 他用他的双手建造这座城市 |
[42:36] | And thanks to him, I finally undetand what my Mom does, | 多亏有他 让我理解了我母亲的工作 |
[42:38] | and I am proud to be her daughter. | 作为她的女儿我很骄傲 |