时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:21] | I never thought Andy would beat me | 从没想过安迪 |
[00:23] | in the “Leaping off the bus stop bench” Game, | 能在”跳公交车凳”比赛中赢过我 |
[00:25] | but that was one hell of a leap. | 但那一跳可真是太酷了 |
[00:26] | I don’t know about the “Leaping off the bus stop bench” Game. | 这种比赛有问题吧 |
[00:29] | Andy almost broke his leg. | 安迪差点把腿摔断了 |
[00:31] | I didn’t say he stuck the landing. | 他的落地动作确实不咋样 |
[00:32] | Wait, Ollie, you didn’t skin your knee. | 话说奥利 你又没摔破膝盖 怎么也这样 |
[00:34] | He hit my leg with a rock so I could feel what he feels. | 他用石块打了我的腿 好跟他”感同身受” |
[00:37] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[00:38] | Oh, hello, free mirror that someone | 看来有人不小心把镜子丢在路边了 |
[00:40] | carelessly left on the curb for children to find. | 等着被小孩发现 |
[00:42] | Okay, how are we smashing this? | 我们要拿什么来砸 |
[00:44] | Anyone got a bowling ball, or… | 大家谁有保龄球什么的 |
[00:46] | Maybe we could just use it to make sure we’re not vampires? | 也可以单纯用它检查一下自己不是吸血鬼 |
[00:48] | And we’re not. Phew. | 看来不是 还好 |
[00:49] | Maybe we could point the mirror up and signal an airplane? | 或者把镜子对准飞机发射信号 |
[00:52] | And then maybe we could become friends with an airplane. | 这样说不定我们能和飞机交朋友 |
[00:54] | What? No. Come on, it’s a mirror made of glass. | 才不要 这可是玻璃做的镜子 拜托 |
[00:58] | And glass breaks! | 玻璃可是易碎品 |
[00:59] | I think Andy’s had enough excitement for one day. | 安迪今天应该已经玩得够尽兴了 |
[01:02] | I need time to recuperate and center myself. And pee. | 我需要时间恢复健康 关注自己 以及小便 |
[01:06] | Also, there’s the whole “Seven years bad luck” Thing. | 不是说”打破镜子七年诅咒”吗 |
[01:08] | Seven years? That’s the amount of time | 七年 那不是布拉德·皮特 |
[01:10] | Brad Pitt spent in Tibet. | 在西藏待的时间吗 |
[01:11] | Louise, why do you always want to do | 露易丝 为什么你总想着 |
[01:13] | the most dangerous things all the time? | 挑最危险的事情做 |
[01:15] | Smashing a mirror is not dangerous. | 砸碎镜子可不危险 |
[01:18] | It’s called fun. | 多有趣啊 |
[01:20] | No? Just me? | 不是吗 只有我这么想吗 |
[01:22] | I mean, I think it’s great that you love doing scary stuff | 我其实觉得挺好的 你喜欢做吓人的事 |
[01:24] | that makes me shut my eyes and think | 而我总会闭上眼睛默念 |
[01:26] | “When will this be over?” | “这种事什么时候结束” |
[01:27] | Fine. This doesn’t even look like | 好吧 反正这看着也不像是 |
[01:29] | a good smashing mirror anyway, | 那种砸着很爽的镜子 |
[01:30] | so I’m just gonna leave it for the next | 我就把它留给下个路过的小孩吧 |
[01:32] | perfectly normal kid who wants to smash it. | 对砸镜子有兴趣的正常小孩 |
[01:35] | We’ll figure out another way to be friends with an airplane. | 我们会找到其他办法跟飞机交朋友的 |
[01:38] | Hi. I’ll take a beer. | 给我来个啤酒 |
[01:39] | Louise, no. We-we don’t give her beer. | 露易丝 别闹 我们没给她喝啤酒 |
[01:41] | What’s wrong, sweetie? You have a rough day? | 亲爱的怎么了 今天过得不顺吗 |
[01:44] | Is it school? Did you think something had one answer | 是学校的事吗 你是觉得这题只有一个答案 |
[01:46] | but then it had a different answer and you were like, | 结果发现是另外的答案 然后你就 |
[01:48] | “What the heck?” | “搞什么鬼” |
[01:48] | I’m fine. We just, you know, | 我没事 只是我们在回家路上 |
[01:50] | found a perfectly good mirror to smash on the way home | 发现了一块非常适合用来砸的镜子 |
[01:53] | and everybody made me feel weird about it. | 但大家都让我觉得自己是个怪人 |
[01:55] | Ooh, I love smashing a good mirror. | 我可喜欢砸镜子了 |
[01:57] | – Lin. – Right. | -琳 -对 |
[01:58] | Playing with glass isn’t a good idea. | 玩玻璃可不是好主意 |
[01:59] | You could get cut. | 可能会被割伤 |
[02:00] | Yeah, you could get cut. | 正是 可能会受伤 |
[02:01] | I thought that was part of the fun. | 我以为那也是乐趣的一部分 |
[02:03] | It’s just, your fun | 你的乐趣有时候 |
[02:04] | sometimes involves things that terrify me? | 会包含让我害怕的事 |
[02:12] | What’s your point? | 你想说什么 |
[02:13] | Look, if I’m too cool and exciting for people, | 要是别人接受不了我这么酷这么炫 |
[02:15] | then forget ’em. | 那就随他们去吧 |
[02:16] | They can just be boring and do their boring stuff. | 他们就无聊着吧 做他们那些无聊的事 |
[02:19] | Louise, don’t smash mirrors. | 露易丝 别砸镜子 |
[02:21] | Because they don’t deserve that. | 镜子被造出来不是用来砸的 |
[02:22] | I mean, they taunt you every day, don’t they? | 但镜子每天都在嘲弄你 不是吗 |
[02:25] | They really do. | 确实 |
[02:26] | Louise, I guess smashing glass | 露易丝 我觉得砸镜子这种事 |
[02:28] | can be a little off-putting to some people, maybe. | 对于某些人来说确实有点难以接受 |
[02:31] | But don’t give up on those people. | 但别对那些人失去信心 |
[02:32] | I mean, you don’t want to end up like your father. | 你肯定不想最后变成老爸那样 |
[02:34] | Without, you know, any friends. | 没什么朋友 |
[02:36] | – What? I have friends. – No. | -什么 我有朋友的 -没有 |
[02:38] | Dad has friends. Teddy… | 爸爸有朋友 比如泰迪 |
[02:41] | I shouldn’t have made that sound like I was gonna have a list. | 我不该把话说得像是要列举一样 |
[02:43] | People come visit Dad in the restaurant every day. | 每天都有人来餐馆 和爸爸见面 |
[02:45] | Right, sir? | 对吧 这位先生 |
[02:46] | Ignore them. | 不用理他们 |
[02:47] | Okay, first of all, why is this about me now? | 首先 话题怎么就转到我身上来了 |
[02:49] | And second of all, | 其次 |
[02:50] | I have friends that aren’t paying customers. | 我也有不是顾客的朋友 |
[02:52] | I just, you know, lost touch with a bunch of them. | 我只是和很多人失去了联系 |
[02:55] | Back when I was a teenager. | 在我十几岁的时候 |
[02:56] | Is it because there were no telephones back then? | 是因为当时没有电话吗 |
[02:58] | I’m gonna go in the kitchen. | 我要进厨房了 |
[03:00] | Where everyone’s nice to me. | 那里大家都很友善 |
[03:02] | I mean, the dishwasher doesn’t like you. | 洗碗机就不喜欢你 |
[03:04] | I know. | 我知道 |
[03:05] | Dumb super smashable mirror. | 把那么好砸的镜子扔了 |
[03:07] | I don’t know why people got so dumb about it. | 真不懂大家怎么都那种反应 |
[03:12] | Oh. Hey there, spider. | 你好啊 蜘蛛 |
[03:13] | You’re… in my room. On my loft bed. | 你…在我房间 在我的双层床上 |
[03:17] | But you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[03:18] | You’re kind of unconventionally cute. | 你有点不同寻常地可爱 |
[03:20] | You would tell me if you were super venomous, right? | 你要是有剧毒会告诉我的对吧 |
[03:23] | Yeah, you look like you would. | 看起来你会的 |
[03:25] | I like that about you. | 我喜欢你这一点 |
[03:26] | See? Look at all the friends I have in here. Jack. | 看看我这里面的朋友 杰克 |
[03:29] | Who’s Jack? Probably a really good friend. | 杰克是谁 应该是个很好的朋友吧 |
[03:31] | Oh, I know who this is. He dinged our car | 我知道是谁了 他撞了我们的车 |
[03:34] | and never called me back. | 然后再也没打给我 |
[03:35] | Jack. | 这个杰克 |
[03:36] | Okay, this is ridiculous. | 这不可能 |
[03:37] | I have to have friends I see that aren’t Teddy | 除了泰迪和来我们店的食客以外 |
[03:39] | and the people that buy food from us. Oh, hey, Cliff. | 我肯定还有别的朋友 克里弗 |
[03:42] | Who’s Cliff? I don’t know Cliff. | 克里弗是谁 我不认识克里弗 |
[03:43] | It’s a good name, though. | 名字倒是不错 |
[03:44] | Hey, I’m going out with Cliff. Back in a jiff. | “我去见克里弗了 很快回来” |
[03:47] | I met him at a back-to-school night. | 我在返校之夜认识的他 |
[03:48] | He was trying to organize a basketball thing for the kids, | 他想给孩子们组织篮球活动 |
[03:51] | so we exchanged numbers. | 于是我们交换了电话号码 |
[03:52] | I didn’t have the heart to tell him our kids don’t do stuff. | 我都不好意思告诉他我们的孩子不运动 |
[03:55] | Hey, Cliff, don’t fall off yourself. | 克里弗 可别从你自己身上摔下去了 |
[03:57] | You can use that. | 你可以讲这个笑话 |
[03:58] | He seemed like a person that I could do activities with. | 他看起来像是那种可以一起活动的人 |
[04:01] | Is that what people say? | “一起活动” 是这么说的吗 |
[04:03] | Maybe don’t open with that. | 最好别用这个做开场 |
[04:04] | Should I text him? Is it too late? | 我要给他发短信吗 太晚了吗 |
[04:06] | It’s never too late for Cliff. | 克里弗什么时候都不嫌晚 |
[04:07] | Okay, I’ll do it. Wait, no, it’s too late. | 好吧 我发了 等等 还是太晚了 |
[04:10] | Oh, God, I just texted him the letter I. | 天啊 我刚给他发了个”我”字 |
[04:12] | – What do I do? – Okay, gimme the phone. | -怎么办 -给我手机 |
[04:16] | Hey, Spider, you’re still here. | 嗨 蜘蛛 你还在这里 |
[04:18] | And you built a web? Impressive. | 你还织了个网 厉害 |
[04:20] | Borderline showing off, but I like it. | 有点像在炫耀 不过我喜欢 |
[04:23] | Hey, I was thinking, if we’re gonna be roommates, | 我在想 既然我们要当室友 |
[04:25] | I should probably give you a name. | 我应该给你起个名字 |
[04:27] | How do you feel about Winona Spider? | 你觉得薇诺娜蛛怎么样 |
[04:29] | Wait– Arachnaphoebe. Phoebe for short. | 等等 育母蜘蛛菲比 简称菲比 |
[04:32] | You don’t really get excited about things, do you? | 看起来你属于不怎么心动的类型 |
[04:34] | That’s all right. I know it’s a great name. | 没关系 我知道这个名字很好 |
[04:37] | Morning, sweetie. | 早上好 宝贝 |
[04:38] | I need to get your dirty laundry for the wash. | 我要拿你的脏衣服去洗 |
[04:40] | I don’t know about you, but I’m about to start | 不知道你什么情况 我要再不洗 |
[04:41] | wearing my bathing suit bottoms for underwear. | 就得把泳衣当内衣穿了 |
[04:44] | okay. spider. We got a spider, people. | 蜘蛛 这里有蜘蛛 各位 |
[04:47] | Mom, no, it’s okay. | 妈妈 没事的 |
[04:48] | Th-This is Phoebe. Phoebe, this is my mom. | 这是菲比 菲比 这是我妈 |
[04:50] | I know this is a little early to be | 我知道现在见父母 |
[04:52] | in the meeting-the-parents phase, but here we are. | 还有点早 但择日不如撞日 |
[04:55] | Did you say spider? | 你是说有蜘蛛吗 |
[04:55] | Here, Linda, I brought a paper towel. | 琳达 我拿了纸巾 |
[04:57] | Dad, are you making Mom kill a bug for you again? | 爸爸 你又要妈妈代你杀虫子了吗 |
[04:59] | I’m not making her. We just have our roles. | 我不是要她 我们只是担任不同角色 |
[05:01] | I bring a paper towel, and your mom does everything else. | 我拿纸巾 你妈干剩下的 |
[05:05] | He doesn’t like to get his hands dirty. Like a mob boss. | 他不想把手弄脏 像黑帮老大那样 |
[05:07] | Hey, the spider’s with me. We’re friends. | 蜘蛛和我在一起 我们是朋友 |
[05:09] | It has a name. Arachnaphoebe. Phoebe for short. | 它有名字 育母蜘蛛菲比 简称菲比 |
[05:12] | But never Pheebs. She hates that. | 但绝不是菲宝 它讨厌这名字 |
[05:14] | Now, can you holster the paper towel, please? | 现在能收起你的纸巾了吗 |
[05:15] | Louise, we don’t have anything against Phoebe. | 露易丝 我们对菲比没意见 |
[05:18] | I’m sure she’s great, | 我肯定它很棒 |
[05:19] | but she’s a spider and they belong outside. | 但它是只蜘蛛 蜘蛛属于外面 |
[05:22] | Not in our home. Where we live. | 而不是在我们的家 我们住的地方 |
[05:24] | Yeah, and if they come inside our home or restaurant, | 是的 如果它们进到家里或者餐厅 |
[05:27] | then we kill them. Lovingly. | 我们就弄死它们 怀着爱意 |
[05:28] | That’s the contract that we all agreed to. | 这是我们都认同的契约 |
[05:30] | Mostly us, not the bugs. | 主要是我们单方面的 不是虫子 |
[05:32] | What about relocation? | 那重新安置怎么样 |
[05:33] | – I hear outside is nice. – Yeah, okay. | -我听说外面不错 -对 对 |
[05:36] | Louise, you want to tell her she doesn’t have to go home | 露易丝 你可以告诉它 它不用回家 |
[05:38] | but she can’t stay here? Go get a cup. | 但它不能呆在这里 去拿个杯子 |
[05:40] | A bottle of wine would be a nice send-off gesture. | 来杯酒的确是不错的送别方式 |
[05:42] | She’s fine right here, people. | 它在这里很好 各位 |
[05:44] | You’re the ones who came in here uninvited. | 你们才是不速之客 |
[05:46] | I’m not trapping you under a cup. | 我可没用杯子来捉你们 |
[05:47] | Sorry, kid. It’s either outside | 抱歉露易丝 要么出去 |
[05:49] | or one-way ticket to paper towel town. Your choice. | 要么纸巾下见 你决定 |
[05:52] | And then I need everyone’s laundry. | 把你们的脏衣服都给我 |
[05:54] | Also, everyone feel free to learn how to do laundry. | 另外欢迎大家学习如何洗衣服 |
[05:57] | Okay, Phoebe. Pack your stuff. | 好吧 菲比 打包你的行李吧 |
[05:59] | You’re too good for this place anyway. | 反正这里也配不上你 |
[06:00] | And maybe she could tell other spiders not to come here? | 能否让它告诉其它蜘蛛不要来这里 |
[06:03] | – In-in a nice way. – No. | -晓之以理那种 -不行 |
[06:04] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:06] | Oh, it’s Cliff. | 是克里弗 |
[06:07] | He-he texted me back. | 他 他回我短信了 |
[06:08] | Cliff? That big red dog? | 克里弗 那只大红狗吗 |
[06:10] | He has your number? | 它有你的号码 |
[06:11] | That’s the guy your dad’s trying to be friends with. | 克里弗是你爸想交朋友的人 |
[06:13] | I mean, we’re already friends. Kind of. | 我们差不多已经是朋友了 |
[06:15] | I was gonna ask him if he wants to hang out. | 我打算问他要不要一起出去玩 |
[06:18] | Wait, you’re asking a guy out? To prom? Dad prom? | 你要约男人出去吗 参加老爸舞会吗 |
[06:20] | What’s the theme this year– khakis? | 今年的主题是什么 卡其布裤子吗 |
[06:22] | It’s not dad prom. It’s casual, | 不是老爸舞会 就很随意的那种 |
[06:24] | and also, I’m getting pretty good at texting. | 话说 我越来越擅长发短信了 |
[06:27] | I just make sure your mother looks at all of them first. | 只是发送前需要让你们老妈先看一下 |
[06:30] | Mom, you want to run them by me? | 妈 要我把把关吗 |
[06:31] | And then Tina can run them by me | 然后我再帮蒂娜把把关 |
[06:33] | and then I’ll run them up through corporate. | 之后再给公司看 |
[06:36] | Okay, Phoebe. | 好吧 菲比 |
[06:36] | Out into the world you go to seek your fortune. | 去大千世界 寻觅你的财富吧 |
[06:39] | Try to avoid the cars and all the bikes and people’s feet. | 尽量避开汽车 自行车和人们的脚 |
[06:43] | God, do people always walk so hard? | 天啊 人类走路一直这么用力的吗 |
[06:45] | Okay, you know, let’s go look in other neighborhoods. | 这样 我们去附近其他地方看看 |
[06:48] | I mean, yes, it’s our stinky dumpster, | 对 是我们臭气熏天的垃圾桶 |
[06:50] | but at least you won’t get trampled. | 但至少你不会被人踩 |
[06:52] | Spiders can’t die of smell, can they? | 蜘蛛又不会被臭死 对吗 |
[06:54] | I mean, if so, I’m sure our house | 如果会 我想你早被 |
[06:55] | would have killed you already. | 我们家活活臭死了 |
[06:57] | All right. So long, Phoebe. | 好吧 再见 菲比 |
[06:59] | And hey, don’t let anybody tell you spiders are bad. | 如果有人说蜘蛛坏话 别听他们的 |
[07:02] | I think you’re delightful. | 我觉得你非常讨人喜欢 |
[07:03] | Well, I’ll let you get going. | 我要放你走了 |
[07:05] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[07:07] | Go on, Phoebe. Get. You got to find cover, pal. | 去吧 菲比 你得找个掩护 朋友 |
[07:10] | You can’t just hang out there, a bird could get you. | 不能一直待在这儿 会被鸟吃掉的 |
[07:12] | Or… I don’t know what eats spiders. | 是鸟吗…什么动物吃蜘蛛来着 |
[07:14] | A spider monkey? | 蜘蛛猴吗 |
[07:16] | Don’t look at me like that. | 别那样看着我 |
[07:19] | What? What do you want me to do? | 怎么 你想让我怎么做 |
[07:23] | Okay. New plan. | 好吧 新计划 |
[07:24] | We’re gonna sneak back into the house. | 我们偷偷溜回家里 |
[07:26] | And no one needs to know, | 不告诉其他人 |
[07:28] | because this is just a me-and-you thing. | 这是我俩的秘密 |
[07:29] | We’re gonna stick together. Stick. | 我们会形影不离 黏在一起 |
[07:32] | It’s funny because you’re a spider | 懂我的梗了吗 你是蜘蛛 |
[07:33] | and you make the sticky stuff. | 会分泌粘液 |
[07:35] | Look, Phoebe, if we’re gonna be friends, | 听着 菲比 如果要和我做朋友 |
[07:37] | you’re gonna have to start laughing at my jokes. | 我讲笑话的时候你得配合笑一下 |
[07:42] | Okay, Phoebe. I know it’s not what you’re used to, | 好了菲比 我知道你不习惯 |
[07:45] | being stuck in a box, | 被关在盒子里 |
[07:46] | but I need to keep this living arrangement | 但考虑到大人们的 |
[07:48] | under wraps because of the whole | “家里不能有蜘蛛”发言 |
[07:49] | “Spiders aren’t supposed to be in the house” thing. | 我只能把你藏起来 |
[07:51] | Also, I hope the twigs are to your liking. | 希望你喜欢这些小树枝 |
[07:53] | I picked out the ones that looked the best for climbing | 我精心挑选的 应该很适合攀爬 |
[07:55] | or just casual lounging. | 或是坐着休息 |
[07:57] | Are you hungry? You look hungry. | 你饿吗 你看起来很饿 |
[07:59] | I’ll get you something to eat. | 我去你给找点吃的 |
[08:00] | But what do you eat? Do you like chips? | 但你吃什么呢 你喜欢薯条吗 |
[08:03] | Everyone likes chips. Fine, I’ll look it up. | 人人都喜欢薯条 知道了 我去查 |
[08:05] | Don’t yell at me. | 别冲我喊 |
[08:06] | Okay, a little secret online spider research | 趁大家都在楼下餐厅 |
[08:09] | while everyone’s down in the restaurant. | 偷偷上网查点蜘蛛相关的资料 |
[08:12] | “House spiders, like many spiders, prefer live prey”? | “和许多蜘蛛一样 家蛛更喜欢活的猎物” |
[08:16] | Okay. No judgement. | 好吧 不予评论 |
[08:17] | I’ll just look for the prey that have it coming. | 我去找那些活该倒霉的猎物 |
[08:21] | Would you guys want to go to my menu-wiping seminar | 你们想参加我的擦菜单研讨会吗 |
[08:23] | called “It’s Men-You, Not Men-Me”? | 主题是”自己动手 别指望我” |
[08:26] | – Yes. – No. | -好啊 -不了 |
[08:27] | Okay, taking out the trash. | 我去倒垃圾 |
[08:29] | Totally normal part of my job. | 我正常工作的一部分 |
[08:30] | Someone’s on the ball today. | 有人今天很勤奋 |
[08:31] | Kinda jealous I didn’t get to do it first. | 我有点嫉妒 应该先下手为强的 |
[08:34] | Louise, hold on a sec. That bag’s half empty. | 等等露易丝 垃圾袋一半都是空的 |
[08:36] | Some people might think that, Mom. | 有人可能会这么想 |
[08:38] | But I’m an optimist. | 但我是乐观主义者 |
[08:39] | So, to me, it’s half full. | 对我来说 有一半是满的 |
[08:41] | Of dreams and rotten food. | 装着梦想和腐烂的食物 |
[08:43] | And we don’t want it to attract bugs, do we? | 我们不希望它招来虫子 不是吗 |
[08:47] | Okay, anyways, don’t wait up. | 总之 我去了 别等我 |
[08:48] | All right. | 好吧 |
[08:50] | It’s Cliff. He said he’d love to hang out sometime. | 是克里弗 他说很乐意一起玩 |
[08:53] | Ooh, he likes you. | 他喜欢你 |
[08:55] | Did you tell him the Cliff joke I told you? | 你有没有跟他讲我的克里弗笑话 |
[08:57] | Tell him you’re busy. | 告诉他你很忙 |
[08:57] | Then say, “I’ll check my schedule | 然后说 “我得看看我的排期 |
[08:59] | and try to make it work. No promises, though.” | 我尽量去 但不能保证” |
[09:01] | Or tell him you’re gonna pick him up | 或者告诉他你5分钟后 |
[09:02] | on your motorcycle in five, | 骑摩托车去接他 |
[09:03] | then get your ass a motorcycle! | 然后赶紧去整辆摩托 |
[09:05] | Look at you, middle-aged buddies. | 看看你们 两个中年男人 |
[09:08] | You two gonna talk about documentaries | 你俩要聊纪录片 |
[09:10] | and how many times you get up at night to pee? | 以及各自半夜起来尿几次吗 |
[09:13] | Cliff just added me to a group chat | 克里弗刚把我拉进一个群聊 |
[09:15] | with some other dads from school | 里面都是其他学生的爸爸 |
[09:16] | that hang out together sometimes. | 他们有时会一起出去玩 |
[09:18] | Wow, he moves fast. | 他动作好快 |
[09:19] | Two of the guys just welcomed me to the chat. | 群里有两个人欢迎我了 |
[09:21] | Thanks. Hi, guys. | 谢谢 大家好 |
[09:24] | Someone’s the belle of the ball. | 有人很受欢迎啊 |
[09:27] | One of them just wrote, | 有人说 |
[09:28] | “Just a bunch of dads to the bone.” | “一群基因里刻着带娃的爸爸” |
[09:30] | I’m gonna write something funny back. | 我要写点好玩的回他们 |
[09:32] | Dad Boys II. Like the movie? | 《绝地战爸2》 |
[09:35] | Oh, God, can I delete? | 天啊 我能撤回吗 |
[09:37] | Oh, no, wait, one of them laughed. | 不 等等 有人笑了 |
[09:38] | Oh, thank God. | 感谢老天爷 |
[09:40] | Whoa, someone’s getting some texts. | 某人收到很多消息啊 |
[09:42] | Dad’s in a group chat | 爸爸进了个群聊 |
[09:43] | with Cliff and some other cute boys. | 里面有克里弗和其他小帅哥 |
[09:44] | I mean, they may be cute, we don’t know. And they’re men. | 可能是帅哥 我也不知道 但都是男人 |
[09:47] | Bob’s on a group chat with people? Like, friend people? | 鲍勃进了一个有人的群吗 朋友吗 |
[09:49] | That’s great. That’s nice, that’s great. | 很好啊 很好 很好 |
[09:51] | Bob’s trying to make a friend that’s not a customer. | 鲍勃想交一个不是客人的朋友 |
[09:54] | Customers can be friends. Best friends. | 和客人也可以做朋友啊 最好的朋友 |
[09:56] | But hey, you want me to stop coming in here to eat? | 要不我以后不来这儿吃东西了 |
[09:58] | Is that what you want? I’ll stop. | 你是这个意思吗 我可以不来 |
[10:00] | If that’s what it takes for our friendship. | 如果这就是我们友谊的代价的话 |
[10:02] | Just make me, like, 200 burgers | 给我打包200个汉堡 |
[10:03] | and I’ll never step in here again. | 我就再也不来了 |
[10:05] | Unless it’s in disguise. | 变装后的我除外 |
[10:06] | It’s okay, Teddy. We’re-we’re friends. | 没事 泰迪 我们是朋友 |
[10:08] | what’s taking Louise so long with the trash? | 露易丝倒垃圾怎么去这么久 |
[10:10] | Tina, Gene, you want to check on your sister? | 蒂娜 吉恩 你们去看下妹妹吧 |
[10:12] | Okay. Hopefully, she didn’t accidentally fall in the dumpster | 好吧 希望她没有在扔垃圾的时候 |
[10:14] | while throwing the trash out, | 意外跌进垃圾桶 |
[10:16] | which has never, ever happened to me. | 这事绝没在我身上发生过 |
[10:18] | Maybe switch it to vibrate, Bob? | 能调成震动吗 鲍勃 |
[10:20] | Just kinda rubbing it in, eh? | 你就是在炫耀吧 |
[10:22] | Come on, flies. Let me catch you. | 苍蝇们 就让我抓住吧 |
[10:23] | I’m totally not gonna feed you to my spider. | 我不会拿你们喂我的蜘蛛 |
[10:26] | – Louise, what are you doing? – Oh! Nothing. | -露易丝 你在干什么 -没什么 |
[10:28] | Just, throwing out the trash. | 就扔垃圾啊 |
[10:30] | And, trying to catch flies and put them | 顺便抓苍蝇 |
[10:32] | in this Tupperware thing, | 然后装到这个塑料盒里 |
[10:33] | because that’s always been a hobby of mine. | 因为这一直是我的一个爱好 |
[10:36] | Okay, listen. I didn’t let Phoebe go. | 好吧 听着 我没放菲比走 |
[10:38] | I hid her in a shoebox in my room and now | 我把它藏在我房间的鞋盒里了 |
[10:41] | I got to feed her since she can’t catch her own food. | 现在它没法自己觅食了 所以我得喂它 |
[10:43] | Who rescued who, am I right? | 所以说人类才是被拯救的 对吧 |
[10:44] | Yeah, so, if you help me catch some bugs, | 对 如果你们帮我抓虫子 |
[10:47] | I’ll let you watch me feed her. | 我就让你们参观我喂它 |
[10:48] | ‘Cause she eats live bugs. | 它吃活虫子 |
[10:50] | I mean, she doesn’t eat live bugs. She does. | 它不吃 它吃 |
[10:53] | Come on, if you guys had a secret spider, | 拜托 要是你们藏了只蜘蛛 |
[10:55] | I’d help you feed it. | 我也会帮你喂它 |
[10:56] | Didn’t we always promise each other that? | 这不是我们一直以来的约定吗 |
[10:58] | I thought it was a secret alien robot agreement. | 我们约定的不是外星机器人吗 |
[11:00] | I guess that was very specific to The Iron Giant. | 我还以为特指铁巨人呢 |
[11:03] | – I guess I’ll help. – Me too. | -我帮你吧 -我也帮 |
[11:05] | Flies usually land on me, eventually. | 苍蝇通常最后总会落我身上 |
[11:07] | Hey, Phoebe. How’s it hanging? | 菲比 还挂着呢吧 |
[11:09] | You know, like hanging from your web? | 我是说 还在你的网上挂着呢吧 |
[11:11] | Little spider humor. | 蜘蛛小玩笑 |
[11:12] | So, Gene and Tina are here. | 蒂娜和吉恩来了 |
[11:14] | – Hi. – Hello there. | -你好 -你好 |
[11:15] | We caught you some flies for dinner. | 我们给你抓了几只苍蝇当晚饭 |
[11:16] | – Tina, want to do the honors? – Not really? | -蒂娜你想喂吗 -不太想 |
[11:19] | Also, I don’t know how we’re gonna get them | 我也不知道怎么把它们放出来 |
[11:20] | out of the container without them flying away. | 我怕它们飞走 |
[11:22] | Tell them they won a free night | 就说它们中了在高级鞋盒度假村 |
[11:23] | in a fancy shoebox resort. | 免费住宿一晚 |
[11:24] | But they have to listen to a presentation about a time-share. | 条件是必须听一个关于分时度假的演讲 |
[11:26] | I think we just shake the container and dump them in. | 我觉得摇一摇盒子把它们倒进去就行了 |
[11:29] | I’ll do it. | 我来做 |
[11:30] | Shake, shake, shake. And bon appétit. | 摇摇摇 祝你有个好胃口 |
[11:33] | Oh, it looks like she’s wrapping it in a little blanket | 它把苍蝇裹起来了 |
[11:36] | to keep it warm. | 让它保暖 |
[11:37] | And, oh, she’s giving it a kiss. | 然后给了它一个吻 |
[11:39] | – Nope. – Does this make us accomplices to murder? | -并不是 -我们这样算不算谋杀共犯啊 |
[11:41] | Now I’ll never be able to run for Congress! | 这下我没法参加国会竞选了 |
[11:45] | You’ve been getting so many text messages | 你最近收到的消息太多 |
[11:47] | your little phone’s gonna be sore. | 你的小手机都该累了 |
[11:48] | I feel like this is more than I talk to, like, you guys. | 感觉我跟他们说的话比你们还多 |
[11:51] | But I don’t want to go silent, right? | 但我也不想潜水 |
[11:53] | I’m just gonna say “Ha-ha” And hope that works. | 我就回个”哈哈” 看能不能结束对话 |
[11:56] | Oh. Teddy’s texting me. | 泰迪发消息给我了 |
[11:58] | He won’t be in tomorrow for lunch | 他明天不来吃午饭了 |
[12:00] | because he bought a bunch of sandwich stuff | 因为他买了一大堆做三明治的材料 |
[12:02] | and he’s gonna “Try this making sandwiches thing.” | 他要”试着做个三明治” |
[12:05] | He’s not gonna get it right away, | 他不会一次成功 |
[12:06] | but tell him to stick with it. | 但告诉他要坚持 |
[12:08] | Hey. Cliff just invited me | 克里弗刚刚邀请我 |
[12:09] | to hang out with them tonight. | 今晚跟他们出去玩 |
[12:10] | Whoa. That’s short notice, | 这也太突然了吧 |
[12:11] | but I think I can get you ready. | 但我可以帮你准备 |
[12:12] | Okay, there’s the dryer. Laundry’s done. | 是烘干机的声音 衣服洗好了 |
[12:15] | Everyone’s gets getting clean sheets tonight. | 今晚每个人都换干净的床单 |
[12:16] | Won’t that be weird? Louise, I’m gonna start in your room | 这不奇怪吗 露易丝 从你房间开始 |
[12:19] | and you get to help because of your wonderful loft bed. | 而且你可以帮忙 因为你有双层床 |
[12:21] | That makes changing sheets so easy. | 这样换床单容易多了 |
[12:23] | No, no, no, no, no, don’t go in there. | 别别别 别进去 |
[12:25] | I can do it. I want to do it. | 我可以换 我想自己来 |
[12:28] | I should learn, in case you and Dad die. | 我得学着换 以防你和爸爸死了 |
[12:30] | Which you will, I assume, one day. | 你们总会的 我觉得 终有一天 |
[12:32] | Never! We’ll get them to start taking echinacea | 不可能 我们可以让他们现在开始吃紫锥花 |
[12:34] | and they’ll live forever. | 他们就能永生 |
[12:36] | Okay, yup… No, that’s not working. | 好 好吧 不 这样不行 |
[12:39] | What about… Nah. Nope. | 那么 不 不行 |
[12:40] | Yeah. I’m not doing this. | 好了 我做不了这个 |
[12:42] | It’ll be fine. Who needs sheets? | 没事的 谁需要床单啊 |
[12:45] | Okay, goodnight, Phoebe… Oh, no. No, no, no. | 好的 晚安 菲比 不不不不 |
[12:48] | Where’d she go? Where’d she go, where’d she go? | 它去哪了 它去哪了 去哪了 |
[12:50] | Phoebe’s missing? | 菲比丢了吗 |
[12:51] | Smart money says the flies did it. | 知情人表示 是苍蝇动的手 |
[12:56] | Phoebe. Why didn’t you stay in the box? | 菲比 你为什么不能呆在盒子里 |
[12:58] | You mean the shoebox you trapped a wild spider in? | 你是指困着只野生蜘蛛的这个鞋盒吗 |
[13:01] | – Yeah, I don’t know. – What’s Phoebe’s problem? | -是啊 我不知道 -菲比凭什么啊 |
[13:03] | That’s one of the top three boxes we have. | 这可是我们最好的三个鞋盒之一了 |
[13:05] | Okay, she has a belly full of flies, | 好的 它一肚子的苍蝇 |
[13:06] | so she can’t be moving too fast. | 所以肯定不会移动得很快 |
[13:08] | Hopefully she hasn’t made it to the living room, | 希望它还没到客厅 |
[13:10] | ’cause Mom and Dad are in there | 因为爸爸妈妈都在那 |
[13:11] | watching that show about England. | 看着那个有关英格兰的节目 |
[13:12] | I think it’s called Queen Time. | 我觉得这个节目叫做《女王时间》 |
[13:14] | Yeah, seems like Dad’s stalling. | 对 看起来爸爸在拖延时间 |
[13:15] | He’s nervous about his dad date. | 他在因为爸爸聚会紧张 |
[13:16] | Of course he’s nervous. It’s Cliff. | 他当然紧张 那可是克里弗 |
[13:18] | Okay, she’s not in here. Fan out. | 好了 它不在这 分头去找 |
[13:20] | Gene, you go that way. Tina, you go that way. | 吉恩 你走那边 蒂娜 你走那边 |
[13:22] | I’ll go this way. Watch your step. | 我走这边 小心脚下 |
[13:24] | And if you see her, let’s have a signal. | 你们如果看到它 我们发信号 |
[13:26] | Say “Along came a hmm-hmm.” | 就说”来了一只嗯嗯” |
[13:28] | Ding-dong? Oh, right. Spider. | 什么 啊对了 蜘蛛 |
[13:30] | So, are you, going out tonight or what? Or no? | 所以 今晚 你要出门 还是不去 |
[13:32] | Yeah. I’ll-I’ll probably go. | 对 我 我可能要出门 |
[13:34] | They’re-they’re out, at a place, | 他们 他们已经 在一个地方了 |
[13:35] | so they’re already there. | 所以他们已经到了 |
[13:36] | I can just show up late, you know? | 我可以晚点到 你知道吧 |
[13:39] | Or-or really late. | 可以晚很久很久 |
[13:40] | Yeah, I’m just gearing up to, you know, | 我得准备 你知道吧 |
[13:42] | put shoes on and then I’ll pick an outfit. | 穿鞋子 然后选一件外套 |
[13:44] | It’s part of my process. | 这是我的流程 |
[13:46] | Of hanging out. With-with friends. | 和朋友们 出门的流程 |
[13:47] | Yeah, sounds like you do it a lot. | 对 听起来你经常这么做 |
[13:49] | And I think it’s fine you didn’t shower. | 我觉得你不洗澡也没事 |
[13:50] | What? Oh. Oh, boy. | 什么 天啊 |
[13:52] | Yeah, it doesn’t matter. | 对 没关系 |
[13:53] | They’re dads. They probably smell, too. | 他们都是爸爸 他们可能也有味道 |
[13:55] | Maybe it’ll be a nice icebreaker. | 这也许可以作为一个很好的破冰契机 |
[13:57] | This one smells really bad. | 这边味道好重 |
[13:59] | This one’s okay. | 这边还好 |
[14:00] | Maybe I can just angle my body this way all night? | 也许我可以就这么把身体整晚转到这边来 |
[14:02] | You can start that now. | 你可以现在就这么做 |
[14:04] | I’m kidding, I’m kidding. I’m used to it. | 我在开玩笑 开玩笑 我已经适应了 |
[14:07] | I just try not to breathe so much. | 我试着别喘太大气呼吸就行 |
[14:09] | So, we didn’t find her. | 所以 我们没有找到它 |
[14:10] | That means she’s either in the living room | 这意味着它要么在客厅 |
[14:12] | or in Mom and Dad’s room. | 要么在爸妈的房间 |
[14:13] | You guys got to get Mom and Dad out of there | 你们得把爸妈弄出来 |
[14:15] | so I can look for her. Tina, you take Mom. | 我才能找到它 蒂娜 你负责妈妈 |
[14:17] | Gene, you take Dad. | 吉恩 你负责爸爸 |
[14:18] | Get ’em into your rooms and keep ’em there. | 把他们弄去你们的房间 困在那里 |
[14:20] | Okay. I can do that. No problem. | 好 我可以 没问题 |
[14:22] | I’ll just tell Mom we’re looking for a spider? | 我会告诉妈妈 我们正在找一只蜘蛛 |
[14:25] | No, no. Don’t tell her that. | 不 不 别告诉她这个 |
[14:27] | Tell her anything but that. | 跟她说别的 就是别说这个 |
[14:28] | Right, right. Sorry. | 好 好 抱歉 |
[14:29] | I’ll tell Dad I want to have “The Talk” With him. | 我会告诉爸爸 我想和他”谈谈” |
[14:32] | The talk about my ingrown toenail | 聊聊我的脚趾甲内嵌 |
[14:33] | and just toe health in general. | 还有我的脚趾健康 |
[14:35] | Wow, you agreed to come in here and talk to me really fast. | 你同意进来和我聊聊的速度也太快了吧 |
[14:38] | Well, it’s not because I don’t want to go out | 这不是因为我不想出门 |
[14:40] | with the other dads, because I definitely do. | 和其他爸爸聚聚 因为我是真的想出去聚 |
[14:42] | Okay, good to know. | 好的 那就好 |
[14:44] | So, w-what did you want to talk about? | 所以 你 你想要说什么 |
[14:46] | How do you feel about ingrown toenails? | 你对脚趾甲内嵌怎么看 |
[14:49] | I mean, I have them. | 我也有这种情况 |
[14:51] | Okay, follow-up question: | 好的 下一个问题 |
[14:53] | what should we talk about next? | 我们接下来该说什么 |
[14:56] | I guess I’ve put this off long enough. | 我觉得我已经拖了太久 |
[14:57] | They’re waiting for me at the bar. | 他们在酒吧等我 |
[14:59] | You sound really into it. | 你听起来很开心 |
[15:01] | I’m excited to grow up. | 我也好想快点长大 |
[15:02] | I better go get dressed. | 我得去换衣服了 |
[15:03] | In your room? No! | 去你房间吗 不 |
[15:05] | I mean, you want to borrow something of mine? | 你是想借用我的东西吗 |
[15:08] | What kind of look are you going for– | 你想要什么风格 |
[15:09] | Bahama Tommy or rhinestone cowboy? | 汤美巴哈马[衣服品牌]还是水晶牛仔[歌星] |
[15:12] | Oh. I-I wasn’t thinking about a look. | 我没想着什么风格 |
[15:14] | I was just gonna put on shoes and maybe change my shirt. | 我就是想穿个鞋 也许换件衣服 |
[15:17] | Your mother said things that make me think I should change. | 你妈妈说了些话 让我觉得我该改变一下 |
[15:20] | No! Don’t change your shirt. Let me smell. | 不 别换你的衣服 让我闻闻 |
[15:23] | Ooh, that’s bold. It’s like your sweat started sweating. | 太味了 就好像你的汗开始出汗了 |
[15:26] | No spider. | 没有蜘蛛 |
[15:27] | All right. Mom and Dad’s room. | 好 看看妈妈和爸爸的房间 |
[15:29] | Maybe Phoebe likes middle-aged bras | 也许菲比喜欢中年人的胸罩 |
[15:31] | and dandruff all over the place. | 和满地的头皮屑 |
[15:33] | So I’m happy we moved over here to talk about stuff. | 我很高兴我们到这来聊天了 |
[15:35] | Leaning against the bookshelf was a weird idea, | 靠着书架真是太奇怪了 |
[15:37] | but it was good we tried. | 不过尝试一下也挺好 |
[15:39] | Yeah, I like to try things. | 是啊 我喜欢尝试新花样 |
[15:40] | So, how, was your day? | 你今天过得怎么样 |
[15:43] | It was good. Although I did have a sneeze | 挺好的 但我打喷嚏了 |
[15:46] | where I farted a little, and I think a customer heard. | 还在那放屁 我觉得顾客听到了 |
[15:48] | Wow, let’s talk about that. What happened next? | 我们聊这个吧 然后呢 |
[15:50] | Tina, honey, didn’t you have something | 蒂娜 亲爱的 你没有什么事情 |
[15:52] | you wanted to talk about? | 想聊聊吗 |
[15:53] | No, this seems much more important now. | 不 现在这件事看起来更重要 |
[15:55] | So, you talk. More. Please. | 所以 你多讲一点 拜托 |
[15:57] | Okay. Well, I farted. | 好吧 我放了个屁 |
[16:00] | And I-I tried to cover it up with a cough, | 我想用咳嗽声把放屁声盖过去 |
[16:02] | – but that made me fart again. – Then what did you do? | -但结果让我又放了个屁 -然后你做什么了 |
[16:05] | I looked over to see | 我转头去看 |
[16:06] | if she was looking at me, and-and she was. | 看顾客有没有在看我 结果她在看 |
[16:08] | Didn’t see that coming. Keep-keep going. | 没想到啊 继续说 |
[16:11] | So, I grabbed the trash can | 所以 我抓住垃圾桶 |
[16:13] | and I started dragging it around on the floor | 然后拽着垃圾桶在地板上摩擦 |
[16:14] | so it’d make a fart sound, so she’d think | 好让垃圾桶发出放屁的声音 让她以为 |
[16:16] | it was the trash can and not me. | 是垃圾桶的声音 不是我 |
[16:18] | But it wouldn’t make the right sound, | 但怎么也发不出来一样的声音 |
[16:19] | so I had to fart again and then blame it on the trash can. | 所以我不得不再放个屁 然后责怪垃圾桶 |
[16:22] | That’s so smart. | 太聪明了 |
[16:23] | Okay, enough about me. Your turn. | 别再聊我了 轮到你了 |
[16:25] | I don’t even know if I can follow that. | 我都不知道我有没有这么精彩的故事 |
[16:28] | should we take a few more minutes to unpack your story? | 我们再多花点时间 扩展一下你的故事吧 |
[16:31] | So, there you were, farting and dragging a trash can around… | 你当时在放屁 拖拽垃圾桶… |
[16:36] | I give up. Wherever you are Phoebe, | 我放弃了 不管你在哪 菲比 |
[16:39] | I hope there are plenty of bugs for you to murder. | 我希望那里有足够的虫子让你谋杀 |
[16:43] | No way. Phoebe! I found you! | 不会吧 菲比 我找到你了 |
[16:45] | Wait, Phoebe? | 等等 菲比 |
[16:46] | – Phoebe the spider? – Oh, hi, Dad. | -蜘蛛菲比 -你好 老爸 |
[16:48] | No, Phoebe from Friends. I see her everywhere. | 不是 我朋友菲比 我老是想起她 |
[16:52] | Louise. | 露易丝 |
[16:53] | Okay, fine. I kind of didn’t take her outside | 好吧 我没有把它带到外面 |
[16:56] | and she’s been living in my room in a box. | 它一直在我房间的盒子里 |
[16:58] | Until now. Now she’s living in your bed. | 直到现在 它现在在你的床里 |
[17:00] | – Oh, my God. – What? | -我的天啊 -怎么了 |
[17:02] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事了 |
[17:02] | Louise’s spider is living in our headboard. | 露易丝的蜘蛛在我们的床头板里 |
[17:04] | Who, Phoebe? | 什么 菲比 |
[17:05] | Louise, Mom… is here. Hi, Mom. | 露易丝 妈妈…在这 你好 妈 |
[17:07] | Dad, why won’t you let me brush your back? | 爸 你为什么不让我刷你的背 |
[17:09] | The other dads will love it. | 其他爸爸都会超喜欢的 |
[17:10] | Any chance you guys enjoy sleeping | 有没有可能 你们睡觉的时候 |
[17:12] | with spiders over your head? No? | 喜欢蜘蛛在头顶 不吗 |
[17:14] | Okay. Phoebe, Charlotte’s Web time. | 菲比 《夏洛特的网》时间到 |
[17:17] | Spell something fun. | 拼些有意思的事 |
[17:18] | “Terrific parents.” Go. | “超棒的父母” 开始 |
[17:20] | Give her a second. | 给它点时间 |
[17:25] | Louise, why didn’t you take Phoebe outside yesterday? | 露易丝 你昨天为什么不把菲比放到户外 |
[17:27] | I tried, but it wasn’t safe out there. | 我试过了 但外面不安全 |
[17:29] | I couldn’t do it. | 我不忍心 |
[17:30] | The world’s too dangerous | 对菲比这样的新生面孔来说 |
[17:31] | for a fresh-faced kid like Phoebe. | 这世界太危险了 |
[17:33] | She’s not ready for the bright lights. | 它还没准备好面对外面的光明 |
[17:35] | She will be. One day. | 它总有一天会准备好的 |
[17:36] | Louise, sweetie, | 露易丝 亲爱的 |
[17:37] | we’re gonna have to get the spider out of there somehow. | 我们得想办法把蜘蛛弄出来 |
[17:39] | It might be nice or it might not be nice, | 可能很好 可能不好 |
[17:41] | but we got to do it. I’m sorry, baby. | 但我们一定要这么做 抱歉 宝贝 |
[17:43] | No, no, no, no. It’s okay. | 不不不 没关系 |
[17:45] | I’ll-I’ll do it. I-I got it. | 我会的 我来 |
[17:46] | It’s fine. I’ll get her out of there. | 没事 我会把它弄出来 |
[17:47] | And I’ll take her back to her box, | 然后把它带回箱子里去 |
[17:49] | and we’ll all be happy and we’ll eat live flies– | 我们会开开心心 吃点活苍蝇 |
[17:51] | some of us– and we’ll be this cool blended family | 它吃 我们会成为很酷的混合家庭 |
[17:53] | that everybody’s jealous of. | 所有人都会嫉妒我们 |
[17:55] | Come on, Phoebe. I can’t get her. | 来吧 菲比 我弄不到它了 |
[17:58] | Oh, we’re gonna get her. | 我们得弄到它 |
[17:59] | Because I sleep right under there, Louise. | 因为我就躺在床头板下面 露易丝 |
[18:01] | And I know you like her, | 我知道你喜欢它 |
[18:02] | but I don’t like her as much as you do. | 但我不像你一样喜欢它 |
[18:04] | And I don’t want her to crawl on my face or go into my mouth. | 我不想它在我脸上爬 或钻进我嘴里 |
[18:07] | Or ears, nose, throat– all the openings. | 或者耳朵 鼻子 嘴巴 所有能进入的地方 |
[18:10] | – That’s not all of them. – Gene. | -能进的地方还多着呢 -吉恩 |
[18:12] | Okay, what if you guys just sleep in my room with me | 好吧 要不你们今天跟我挤挤 |
[18:15] | and this is Phoebe’s room now? | 这间房就让给菲比 |
[18:16] | I’d be open to roommates. | 我不介意有室友 |
[18:17] | We could split the utilities. | 我们可以共用洗漱用品 |
[18:19] | I’m sorry, sweetie, that’s not gonna work. | 抱歉 亲爱的 这样可不行 |
[18:21] | It’s not fair. Everyone thinks Phoebe is this scary spider. | 这不公平 所有人都觉得菲比是只可怕的蜘蛛 |
[18:24] | And, yeah, maybe she’s a little dangerous, but not much. | 对 它可能有点危险 但也没有特别危险啊 |
[18:28] | She’s just trying to live her life. | 它只是想活下去 |
[18:30] | But that doesn’t make her weird or bad. Does it? | 这也不能说它很奇怪或是坏人吧 |
[18:34] | I mean, does it? | 对吧 |
[18:35] | Are we still talking about Phoebe? | 我们现在还是在说菲比吗 |
[18:37] | I can’t tell. | 我也不知道 |
[18:38] | Louise, are we possibly talking about you now? | 露易丝 你是在说你自己吗 |
[18:40] | What? I don’t know. Maybe. | 什么 我不知道 或许吧 |
[18:43] | Oh, honey. Come here. Come on. | 宝贝 宝贝 过来 |
[18:45] | You know all that so-called dangerous stuff? | 他们以为的你很危险 |
[18:47] | That’s a part of who you are. | 那只是你的一部分 |
[18:48] | But don’t let anyone make you feel like it’s all you are. | 别听他们的 那不是你的全部 |
[18:51] | You’re also thoughtful and kind and imaginative. | 你还善良 周到 富有创造力 |
[18:54] | Part of the big, crazy mix that makes Louise Louise. | 一点点疯狂才让你更加与众不同 |
[18:57] | Your mom’s right. | 你妈妈说得对 |
[18:58] | You are a little bit of a risk taker, | 或许跟有些人比起来 |
[19:00] | maybe, compared to some, | 你喜欢冒险 |
[19:01] | but it’s one of the things that makes you interesting. | 但是这也让你变得更加有趣 |
[19:04] | And it’s not like it’s hurting anyone. | 也不会伤害到别人 |
[19:05] | I mean, you know, every once in a while, | 可能有这么几次吧 |
[19:07] | but probably not on purpose. That much. | 但是你应该也不是故意的 |
[19:09] | Right. But, Louise, | 听我说 露易丝 |
[19:11] | you’re adventurous, and in another time, | 你很有冒险精神 说不定 |
[19:13] | you might have been a-a, a pirate. | 你前世是一位海盗 |
[19:17] | a nice pirate. Or a fun bootlegger. | 善良的海盗 或者是有趣的走私犯 |
[19:19] | Ooh, bootlegger. | 走私犯 |
[19:20] | Anyway, we’re all glad you are who you are. | 总之 我们很喜欢现在的你 |
[19:23] | Well, that’s… Thanks, guys. | 谢谢你们 |
[19:25] | I like the pirate part. That was a nice touch. | 做海盗真不错 也可以试试 |
[19:27] | So, what should we do about Phoebe? | 那菲比要怎么办 |
[19:30] | Please let this work. Please let this work. | 一定要成功啊 一定要成功啊 |
[19:32] | – Please let this work. – Got her! | -一定要成功啊 -抓到了 |
[19:33] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[19:35] | Aw, Bob. It’s late. | 鲍勃 这么晚了 |
[19:36] | Are your dad friends still waiting for you? | 你爸爸的朋友们还在等你吗 |
[19:38] | it’s fine. I’d rather be doing this. | 没事 我更希望做这个 |
[19:41] | Honestly, you guys are the only people | 老实说 我只愿意 |
[19:43] | I really like to hang out with. | 跟你们一起玩 |
[19:44] | Don’t tell Teddy I said that. | 别告诉泰迪 |
[19:46] | So, we’re your only friends. Which is not sad at all. | 我们是你唯一的朋友 这完全不可悲 |
[19:49] | But, like, who’s your best friend? Don’t say Mom. | 但是 谁是你最好的朋友呢 别说是妈妈啊 |
[19:51] | You’re all equal. But Phoebe the least. | 你们的地位都一样 但菲比排最后 |
[19:53] | But just because I don’t know her that well. | 但这只是因为我还不太了解它 |
[19:55] | Okay, Phoebe and I are going to bed. | 好了 我和菲比要去睡觉了 |
[19:57] | – We’ll see you all upon the morrow. – Louise. | -明天见吧 -露易丝 |
[20:00] | Not that your box isn’t really nice with all the twigs and stuff, | 不是说你的小盒子布置得不好啊 |
[20:03] | but I don’t think Phoebe likes it in there. | 但是我觉得菲比不想待在里面 |
[20:05] | She did escape. | 它都逃出来了 |
[20:06] | We’ve been through this. I’m not taking her outside. | 我们说过了 我不会放生它的 |
[20:08] | She’s a house spider. I looked it up. | 它是只家蛛 我查过了 |
[20:11] | They gave themselves that name for a reason. | 之所以叫这个名字也是有原因的 |
[20:13] | I-I think I know a place where she’ll be happy. | 我知道有个地方它一定喜欢 |
[20:16] | This is a great idea. | 这个主意真不错 |
[20:17] | She’s gonna eat so many flies for you, Dad. | 它一定会帮你吃掉很多苍蝇的 爸爸 |
[20:19] | Yup. I’m really, really glad that we’ll be working together. | 我非常高兴我们可以一起共事 |
[20:23] | She’s not family, so you might have to pay her. | 它不是咱家的人 所以你要给她发工资 |
[20:24] | And I’m kind of taking care of her finances | 不过它这么忙 |
[20:26] | while she gets on her feet. So, you can pay me. | 我来代管她的财务问题 你直接付给我就好 |
[20:29] | Yeah sure, okay, we’ll talk about that. | 行 这个待会再说吧 |
[20:32] | Oh, it’s Teddy. | 是泰迪 |
[20:33] | He says, “I’m sorry. The sandwich was a disaster.” | 他说 “对不起 三明治真是太糟糕了” |
[20:36] | There was blood everywhere. It’s okay now, but, | 到处都是血 现在没事了 但是 |
[20:40] | I’m gonna come into the restaurant tomorrow. | 我明天要去店里 |
[20:41] | It’s just easier to hang out at the restaurant | 去店里感觉更轻松 |
[20:43] | because that’s where you work. | 因为那是你的店 |
[20:45] | And it’s where I eat. | 是我吃饭的地方 |
[20:46] | I know it’s late but, I-I need you to text me back. | 我知道现在很晚了 但是我需要你的回信 |
[20:49] | Tonight. Now. And send. | 就现在 发送 |
[20:55] | “Sounds good.” Yes! We’re back, baby! | “好呀” 太好了 我们回到过去了 |
[20:59] | Oh, boy, that’s bleeding again. | 天哪 怎么又出血了 |
[21:00] | * Me and my spider, I’m stronger beside her * | *我和我的蜘蛛 它让我变得更坚强* |
[21:04] | * Just can’t deny that we’re two of a kind * | *我们俩就是天生一对* |
[21:07] | * The world doesn’t get us, it tries to correct us * | *世界不理解我们 世界想纠正我们* |
[21:11] | * But that’s okay because we’ll leave it behind * | *没事 我们把一切抛诸脑后* |
[21:14] | * You’ve caught me in your web * | *我陷进你的网里* |
[21:17] | * And there’s no word that can describe * | *这种感觉无以言表* |
[21:21] | * The feeling when I look in all your eyes * | *我注视着你的眼睛* |
[21:26] | * Little Phoebe * | *小菲比* |
[21:28] | * I want to spend my life catching your flies. * | *余生我要与你共抓苍蝇* |