时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | 马铃薯甲虫泥 除虫害公司 | |
[00:19] | Okay, I think I have it all nailed down now. | 好了 应该全部搞定了 |
[00:22] | If I start the carrots at 11:30 tomorrow, | 如果明天十一点半开始做胡萝卜 |
[00:24] | they should be done right when the turkey | 火鸡浇卤汁的时候 |
[00:25] | needs its last basting, | 胡萝卜应该刚好熟 |
[00:26] | and everything will be ready for our noon meal. | 我们的午餐就都弄好啦 |
[00:29] | Did I tell you guys I’m using a new brine? | 我有告诉你们我要用新的卤汁吗 |
[00:31] | You may have mentioned it. | 好像提到过 |
[00:32] | The brine blogs are going nuts. | 卤汁爱好者们一定会为之疯狂 |
[00:34] | I wasn’t listening. | 我刚没听到 |
[00:35] | – Tell me again. – Gene, no. | -再说一遍 -吉恩 不要 |
[00:37] | Well, you can add orange peel… | 可以加点橙皮… |
[00:39] | Orange peel for flavor. | 橙皮调味 |
[00:40] | – You told us, Bob. – We know. | -你说过了 鲍勃 -我们知道 |
[00:41] | Don’t overthink it. | 别太当回事了 |
[00:42] | You get yourself all wound up, and it’s a real turnoff. | 你搞这么紧张 反而让人扫兴 |
[00:44] | Well, it helps to say it out loud so I get it right. | 大声说出来有助于我把它做好 |
[00:46] | And, you know, most people | 你要知道一般人听到 |
[00:47] | would be turned on by a new brine. | 新卤汁通常都会很兴奋的 |
[00:49] | Bob! Bob. Bob. | 鲍勃 鲍勃 鲍勃 |
[00:52] | – What? – I need your help. | -怎么了 -快帮帮我 |
[00:53] | I was supposed to go to my sister’s for Thanksgiving, | 我本来要像往年那样去我姐妹家 |
[00:55] | like I do every year, but now my mom’s flying in, | 过感恩节 但现在我妈要过来 |
[00:57] | so it’s easier for my sister to pick her up | 我姐妹肯定会觉得接我妈 |
[01:00] | and then come to my place to have dinner! | 到我这里吃晚饭更方便 |
[01:02] | Oh, how fun. | 多好呀 |
[01:03] | How many people are you having? | 会有多少人来你家呢 |
[01:04] | I don’t know. My sister, her husband, my mom, | 不知道 我姐妹和她老公 我妈 |
[01:08] | my mom’s new, slightly age-inappropriate boyfriend. | 我妈那位年纪相差悬殊的新男友 |
[01:11] | It’s not fun, Linda. | 这一点也不好 琳达 |
[01:12] | I got to cook and what, set out plates? | 我还得做饭 还有啥 摆盘吗 |
[01:15] | Right? Is that what you do? | 你们是这么干的吗 |
[01:16] | I don’t know how to do any of that stuff! | 这些我一窍不通 |
[01:18] | – You got to come over to help me! – Okay. | -你们得过来帮帮我 -好吧 |
[01:19] | Teddy, I don’t know. We closed early, | 泰迪 我觉得有点难 虽然我们今天提早关门 |
[01:21] | and I still barely have enough time | 我还是没有充足的时间 |
[01:22] | to do everything I have to do for our Thanksgiving. | 把我们这边感恩节需要做的事情做完 |
[01:25] | I have a new brine I’m trying, | 我在尝试一种新卤汁 |
[01:26] | and I-I was thinking about spatchcocking. | 我还想做现宰烤鸡 |
[01:29] | Spatchcocking? With those hips? Honey, no. | 就你那身材 还是算了吧 |
[01:31] | Gene. It’s when you take the backbone out of the turkey | 吉恩 现宰烤鸡是指把火鸡的骨干去掉 |
[01:34] | and you press it flat. It cooks more evenly. | 再把肉压平 这样能烤的更均匀 |
[01:36] | I thought women had to deal with unfair body expectations. | 我还以为只有女人才被强加不公平的身材期待呢 |
[01:39] | Bob, come on, I’m desperate here. | 鲍勃 我很绝望啊 |
[01:40] | I’m asking you, help me out. | 求求你 帮帮我吧 |
[01:41] | All right, well, I-I guess I could write out | 好吧 我可以给你 |
[01:43] | some basic instructions for you. | 写个基本的教程 |
[01:44] | – Write-write-write it up. – Bob, no. | -写吧 写吧 -鲍勃 别啊 |
[01:46] | Come on, where’s your Turkey Day spirit? | 你的感恩节精神去哪了 |
[01:48] | It won’t take much time. | 用不了多长时间的 |
[01:50] | We’ll come over and help you, Teddy, all right? | 我们会过来帮你的 好吗泰迪 |
[01:52] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[01:53] | *Wah-wah.* | *啊哦* |
[01:54] | – Louise. – You’re coming, too, Miss Missy. | -露易丝 -你也要去 姑娘 |
[01:57] | Many hands make work easier. Or something. | 人多力量大 那句俗语是这么说的不 |
[01:59] | *Bwah-bwah* to you, Louise. | 轮到我*啊哦*了 露易丝 |
[02:02] | Yeah, that’s not how it goes. | 发音才不是那样 |
[02:03] | You sound ridiculous. | 你说出来可笑至极 |
[02:05] | Well, we got you a good bird, Teddy. | 我们给你准备了一只上乘的鸡 泰迪 |
[02:06] | Almost as good as the one I left at home | 只比我们家的差一点点 |
[02:09] | that I wish I was with right now. | 真希望这会儿我和它在一起 |
[02:11] | I miss him. But that’s okay. | 我想它了 不过没事 |
[02:13] | So, first I’ll show you how to do the rub. | 那么首先我教你怎么抹盐[按摩] |
[02:15] | I could use a rub. | 我挺需要按摩的 |
[02:16] | I’m holding a little spelling test tension right back here. | 我最近 因为拼写考试这边肌肉有点紧 |
[02:19] | We’re talking about the bird, Gene. | 我们说的是火鸡 吉恩 |
[02:20] | We’re gonna rub it. | 我们要给火鸡抹盐[按摩] |
[02:21] | – Fine, I’ll go second. – Okay. | -好吧 火鸡后换我 -好吧 |
[02:23] | So, where are you gonna set up your table? | 你要在哪摆桌子呢 |
[02:25] | Here in the middle of the room? | 房间正中间吗 |
[02:26] | Show us exactly where you want your guests | 告诉我们你要在哪 |
[02:28] | – to be underwhelmed. – Louise. | -扫你客人的兴 -露易丝好好说话 |
[02:30] | Oh, I was just thinking that we’d put everything | 我打算把吃的 |
[02:32] | – on the coffee table. – Perfect. | -都摆到咖啡桌上 -很好 |
[02:33] | – Then we sit on the couch, right? – Very sad. | -然后坐在沙发上 -好凄凉 |
[02:36] | Okay. And then we pull the chairs over. | 那就把椅子搬过来 |
[02:38] | – Yeah. – No. | -嗯 -不 |
[02:39] | Right? Nice and cozy, though, right? | 温馨舒适 对吧 |
[02:40] | Tell you what, you and Bob start on the food, | 这样吧 你和鲍勃去做饭 |
[02:43] | and the kids and I will set up out here, okay? | 我和孩子们帮你收拾这里 |
[02:45] | All right, sounds great. | 好的 不错 |
[02:46] | Okay. I think there are some candles in the closet here, | 柜子里应该还有几根蜡烛 |
[02:48] | but stay out of that room. | 但是别进那屋 |
[02:50] | Nothing much in there– just a couple of personal things. | 那里没什么 只有几件个人物品 |
[02:52] | All right, we’ll figure it out. | 好 我们会弄明白的 |
[02:54] | – Go, go learn how to cook. – “Bam.” Right? | -去吧 去学做饭 -“砰” 对吧 |
[02:56] | That’s what Emeril does. “Bam”? | 艾默里尔[美国名厨]就是这样说的 “砰” |
[02:57] | – Teddy, go! – Right? | -泰迪 快去 -对吧 |
[02:59] | – Go. – Okay, right. Yes, going. | -快去 -好 这就去 |
[03:03] | Lots of stuff. | 好多东西 |
[03:03] | Like unopened, blank VHS tapes. | 未拆封的空白录像带 |
[03:06] | And old thermometers. | 还有旧温度计 |
[03:07] | If those tips could talk. | 它们要是能说话就精彩了 |
[03:09] | Kids, don’t touch those. | 孩子们 别碰那些东西 |
[03:10] | Put that stuff back. | 把那些都放回去 |
[03:11] | Let’s keep looking for the candles. | 我们接着找蜡烛吧 |
[03:12] | Don’t touch anything gross. | 别碰任何恶心巴拉的东西 |
[03:14] | Okay, Teddy, Thanksgiving is | 好 泰迪 感恩节大餐 |
[03:15] | the most important meal of the year, | 是一年中最重要的一餐 |
[03:17] | which makes the turkey, like, the king of foods. | 这就让火鸡成为了食物之王 |
[03:21] | Here he comes, right? | 国王驾到 对吧 |
[03:22] | – Yep, the king. – Okay. | -没错 食物之王 -好 |
[03:23] | – Got it. – All right. And the trick is, with the rubs, | -明白了 -好 准备火鸡的关键是 |
[03:25] | – is to go under the skin. All right? – Yep. | -要用调味料在皮下抹开 明白吗 -好 |
[03:27] | – So you start at the bottom, – Yeah. | -从屁股开始 -好 |
[03:29] | and then you massage in the rub | 然后在皮下慢慢按摩 |
[03:30] | and gently make your way to the neck. | 慢慢地一路揉到火鸡脖子 |
[03:33] | – Yeah. – Think of the meat as the canvas | -好 -把火鸡肉当成画布 |
[03:35] | and the rub as the paint. | 把调味料当成颜料 |
[03:37] | Lot of metaphors, Bobby. | 好多比喻 鲍鲍 |
[03:38] | You know what? I’m already doing it, | 那啥 反正我已经开始了 |
[03:40] | – so I’ll-I’ll just finish. – Right. You finish. | -我把它弄完好了 -好的 你弄完吧 |
[03:42] | – Yeah. – Because I’m… | -好 -因为我… |
[03:43] | It’s actually making me sick. Is that normal? | 我觉得有点恶心 这正常吗 |
[03:46] | I’ll tell you what, you can start peeling the carrots | 这样吧 要是你愿意 可以现在削胡萝卜 |
[03:47] | – if you want one less thing to do tomorrow. – Right, right. | -这样明天就又能少做一件事了 -对对 |
[03:49] | – On it. Give me space. – All right. Good. Yep. | -这就做 给我点空间 -好 很好 |
[03:51] | Okay, just grab the peeler right there | 拿起那边的削皮器 |
[03:53] | – and peel the carrots. – This? | -削胡萝卜 -这个吗 |
[03:54] | That’s the spatula. | 那是铲子 |
[03:55] | I knew that. This? | 我知道 这个呢 |
[03:57] | Th-That’s a ladle. | 那是长柄勺 |
[03:59] | The… I-It’s that thing right next to the carrots. | 就是胡萝卜旁边的那个东西 |
[04:01] | – This? – That’s the spatula again. | -这个吗 -那还是铲子 |
[04:03] | -It’s… -No, right. Yes. Right. | -这是… -不是 哦对 |
[04:04] | It’s right there. It’s the only thing | 就在那儿 那是唯一一个 |
[04:05] | that looks like it could peel a carrot. | 看着能用来削胡萝卜的东西 |
[04:06] | Right. Why didn’t you just say that? | 没错 你这么说不就好了吗 |
[04:08] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[04:09] | – I’m not an idiot. – You’re holding the blade. | -我又不傻 -你握住刀刃了 |
[04:10] | – No, I got it. Right. – You’re holding the blade. | -没事 我会用 -你握住刀刃了 |
[04:11] | Hold the handle. Teddy. | 握着刀柄 泰迪 |
[04:13] | Easy. Easy. Easy. | 别紧张 慢慢来 |
[04:15] | – you know what? – How do you… | -听我说 -这要怎么… |
[04:16] | Once I’m done with the rub, | 等我把火鸡弄好 |
[04:17] | we’ll put this in the fridge, and I’ll help you with that. | 把它放进冰箱 然后我就帮你弄那个 |
[04:19] | Is this peeled enough? | 这个算削好了吗 |
[04:20] | It’s not peeled at all. | 这压根就没削过 |
[04:22] | Still no candles. | 还是没找到蜡烛 |
[04:23] | But lots of chopsticks. | 但是有很多筷子 |
[04:25] | Maybe we can arrange them like candles? | 或许我们能把他们弄成蜡烛的样子 |
[04:26] | If we soak ’em in gas, they’ll burn real pretty. | 用汽油浸一浸就会很好烧 |
[04:29] | Never mind, it’s filled with pennies. | 当我没说 这里面都是一分硬币 |
[04:31] | So am I. You don’t hear me bragging about it. | 那玩意儿我也很多 也没见我显摆 |
[04:34] | Let’s check in here. | 我们看看这里面 |
[04:35] | But Teddy said not to go in there. | 但是泰迪说过不能进去 |
[04:36] | He’s probably hiding something creepy, | 说不定他在里面藏了什么吓人的东西 |
[04:38] | like a dead body or an indoor hot tub. | 比如一具尸体 或者室内大浴缸 |
[04:41] | Let’s just take a little peek. | 我们就瞄一眼 |
[04:44] | Oh, my God! | 我的天啊 |
[04:45] | Teddy’s a hoarder. | 泰迪是个囤物狂 |
[04:47] | Oh, so, just snap off the tops, huh? | 把头 掐掉就行了 是吗 |
[04:49] | Th-That’s it. Nice and easy. | 就是这样 超简单 |
[04:50] | Off with their heads. | 掐掉头 |
[04:54] | Bob, open up. | 张嘴 鲍勃 |
[04:55] | That’s the… that’s the part you don’t eat. | 那是…那是不能吃的那部分 |
[04:57] | You do it. | 该你了 |
[05:00] | Those are good. Give me the other one. | 很好吃 另一半也给我 |
[05:03] | So, tomorrow, you just take this guy out | 明天你只需要把它拿出来 |
[05:05] | and put him in the oven for… | 用烤箱烤… |
[05:07] | Don’t say another word. | 先别说了 |
[05:07] | I’m gonna write it all down. | 我要把它记下来 |
[05:09] | Let me get some paper. | 我去拿点纸 |
[05:11] | Teddy? | 泰迪 |
[05:12] | What the…? | 怎么回… |
[05:13] | Surprise. | 想不到吧 |
[05:15] | We found your dining room. | 我们给你找了个饭厅 |
[05:16] | We’re cleaning it out, | 把东西清理了一遍 |
[05:17] | so you can have Thanksgiving dinner in there. | 这样你就能在里面吃感恩节晚餐了 |
[05:19] | What? No, that’s a storage room. | 什么 不 那是储物间 |
[05:23] | But we found a dining table under all of the stuff. | 但我们在这些杂物里发现了餐桌 |
[05:25] | Oh, and it’s a beaut. | 真是一张美丽的餐桌 |
[05:26] | Look at those legs. | 看看这些桌腿 |
[05:28] | – I’d let that hold my turkey. – Right? | -要是我会非常愿意用它来放我的火鸡 -是吧 |
[05:30] | Yep. And Gene, Louise and I | 对 另外我和吉恩露易丝 |
[05:31] | are trying to see who can find the best thing. | 在打赌看谁能找到最棒的东西 |
[05:33] | How do you decide what the best thing is? | 你们怎么评判什么是最好的东西 |
[05:34] | You know it when you see it. | 印入眼帘的那一刻你就知道了 |
[05:36] | I’m the front-runner with that Gerald Ford bobblehead | 我领先 因为我找到了一个不会摇头的 |
[05:38] | that doesn’t bobble. | 杰拉尔德·福特摇头娃娃 |
[05:40] | – Knock, knock. – Who’s there? | -敲敲 -是谁啊 |
[05:41] | – A box of doorknobs. – A box of doorknobs who? | -一箱门把手 -什么一箱门把手 |
[05:43] | Teddy has a box of doorknobs for some reason. | 不知道为什么泰迪有一箱门把手 |
[05:45] | New front-runner. | 新的领先者 |
[05:47] | Oh, good knock-knock. | 真是不错的敲门游戏 |
[05:48] | Okay, now let’s-let’s get all that stuff back. | 好了 现在我们一起把东西放回去吧 |
[05:50] | Come on, guys. That’ll be fun, right? | 来吧 各位 会很有趣的对吧 |
[05:51] | Put all the… Put the… put that stuff back | 把东…东西放回去 |
[05:53] | and just close the doors! | 把门关上 |
[05:55] | Oh, I think that ship has sailed, Teddy. | 开弓没有回头箭了 泰迪 |
[05:57] | Yeah, it would take us just as long to put everything back | 是啊 与其把这些东西放回去 |
[06:00] | as it would to fix up the dining room. | 还不如花那时间把这里整理成饭厅 |
[06:02] | * Where you’ll have the best Thanksgiving ever * | *而你将在这儿度过最棒的感恩节* |
[06:05] | * You’re welcome. * | *不用谢* |
[06:08] | -Oh, my God. -Oh, my God. | -我的天 -我的天 |
[06:11] | I can’t believe all of this was in one room. | 不敢相信这么多东西都堆在一间房里 |
[06:13] | You guys weren’t supposed to see it. | 你们不应该看到这些的 |
[06:15] | I can’t wait to grow up and get my own place | 真想快点长大 我也弄一间房 |
[06:17] | with a room full of newspapers and engine parts and… | 堆满报纸跟发动机零件还有… |
[06:19] | what is this, some sort of hookah? | 这是什么 水烟袋什么的吗 |
[06:21] | It’s an aquarium pump. | 这是个养鱼池抽水泵 |
[06:22] | Do you have an aquarium? | 你有养鱼池吗 |
[06:23] | No. I was gonna get the pump working | 没有 我想把抽水泵修好 |
[06:25] | and then… go from there. | 然后…再规划其他的 |
[06:26] | Want to talk about the two-legged chairs? | 要不要说说这把两条腿的椅子有什么故事 |
[06:28] | No, I do not. | 不 我不想说 |
[06:30] | Linda, can I have a word with you in the kitchen? | 琳达 我能跟你去厨房说几句话吗 |
[06:32] | Are we sure we want to get into this? | 你确定我们要搅这个浑水吗 |
[06:34] | Teddy is a hoarder. | 泰迪有囤物癖 |
[06:35] | I-I mean, I thought he had so little, | 我以前以为他一无所有 |
[06:36] | but he has too much. | 结果他居然这么”富有” |
[06:38] | Exactly, Bob. | 你说的对 鲍勃 |
[06:39] | And that hoarder needs our help. | 而这个囤物癖需要我们的帮助 |
[06:41] | Shouldn’t we call a doctor or a TV show? | 我们不应该找医生或者电视台吗 |
[06:44] | Bob, he’s our friend. | 鲍勃 他是我们的朋友 |
[06:45] | We need to be here for him, okay? | 我们需要陪着他支持他好吗 |
[06:47] | Lin, we came here to help him | 琳 我们是来这儿 |
[06:48] | cook his Thanksgiving dinner, and we did that. | 帮他做感恩节晚餐的 这点我们做到了 |
[06:51] | We don’t have time to de-hoard his dining room. | 我们没有时间去帮他清理饭厅 |
[06:53] | But the dining room is part of Thanksgiving. | 但饭厅就是感恩节晚餐的一部分 |
[06:56] | And when he sits at that table | 当他坐在那张桌子面前 |
[06:57] | and he says what he’s thankful for, | 说出他想要感谢的人的人时 |
[06:58] | he’ll say, “Linda. | 他会说 “琳达 |
[06:59] | And the rest of those darn Belchers.” | 以及贝尔彻一家的其他的人” |
[07:02] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[07:03] | Oh, your breath. | 你这口气 |
[07:04] | Okay, Teddy, all we have to do | 好了 泰迪 现在我们只需要 |
[07:06] | – is get rid of some of this stuff, right? – What?! | -搬走这里的一些东西 -什么 |
[07:09] | I-I mean, we’re gonna change the location of some of it | 我是说 我们挪一下地方 |
[07:12] | from inside your house to not inside your house. | 从屋里挪到不是屋里的地方 |
[07:16] | Oh, boy. Oh, boy. Oh, boy. | 天呐 天呐 天呐 |
[07:17] | And you can have a nice Thanksgiving | 这样你就能跟你的家人 |
[07:18] | with your family at the dining room table. | 在饭桌上度过一个愉快的感恩节了 |
[07:20] | The living room is nice enough. | 客厅就足够好了 |
[07:22] | Plus, there’s a big stain on the table. | 而且 那餐桌上有一个块大面积的污渍 |
[07:23] | Yeah, how’d that get there? | 是啊 怎么弄的 |
[07:25] | I sanded it down to refinish it, | 我用砂纸把它抛光了 |
[07:26] | but then I started working | 但之后我又跑去修 |
[07:27] | on this cuckoo clock to fix that. | 布谷鸟钟了 |
[07:29] | And then the cuckoo scared me, | 然后这个布谷突然出来吓到我了 |
[07:30] | and I spat grape juice everywhere. | 结果就是我把葡萄汁洒得到处都是 |
[07:32] | If we find that son of a bitch cuckoo, | 如果能找到这个该死的布谷 |
[07:33] | I call it for best thing. | 我要选它做最好的物品 |
[07:35] | Well, that’s what tablecloths are for. | 好办 这个时候桌布就派上用场了嘛 |
[07:36] | Tablecloth? What’s a tablecloth? | 桌布 什么是桌布 |
[07:39] | How about a sheet? | 被单也行 |
[07:40] | I can’t do that. I just have the one on my bed. | 不行 我只有一床就在我的床上 |
[07:42] | And that one’s probably got enough food stains on it. | 那一床估计也沾了很多食物残渍 |
[07:44] | Well, kids, call time-out on your little game. | 孩子们 不要再玩你们那小游戏了 |
[07:47] | Find something we can use as a runner | 找找我们能用来遮 |
[07:49] | to cover up the stain on the table, okay? | 桌子上的污渍的东西 好吗 |
[07:50] | Teddy, I might regret asking this, | 泰迪 我可能会后悔问你这个 |
[07:52] | but why do you have all this stuff? | 但是你怎么会有那么多玩意儿 |
[07:54] | It’s not “Stuff,” Bob. It’s things. | 这不是玩意儿 鲍勃 是有用的东西 |
[07:57] | Things I’m fixing up. | 我正在修理的东西 |
[07:58] | I’m a handyman, you know. | 你知道的 我是一个杂务工 |
[07:59] | Right. And I’m a cook, | 没错 我还是一个厨师 |
[08:01] | but I don’t keep 600 pounds of food in my dining room. | 但我不会把五百多斤食物放在我的餐厅 |
[08:04] | N-Never mind. You’re… You’ll be fine. | 别担心 你 你会没事的 |
[08:06] | I-I’m gonna write down instructions for your dinner. | 我去写你的晚餐烹饪指南 |
[08:08] | Okay, Teddy, I heard of a technique | 泰迪 我听说过一个 |
[08:10] | for de-cluttering where you hold something up | 清理杂物的方法 你把东西拿起来 |
[08:12] | and you ask, “Does this love me?” | 然后问 这东西爱我吗 |
[08:15] | Go on. | 你来 |
[08:16] | Does this stool love me? Yes. | 这个凳子爱我吗 爱 |
[08:18] | But is it in love with you? | 但是它和你之间有感情吗 |
[08:19] | Teddy and a stool, sitting in a tree… | 泰迪和凳子 坐在树干上 |
[08:22] | shi wu wu wu T-r-e-e-e-e-e. | |
[08:25] | Kids, shh-shh. | 孩子们 安静点 |
[08:26] | What about this? | 那这个呢 |
[08:28] | An old telephone without a receiver. | 一台没有听筒的老式电话机 |
[08:30] | That loves me. It really does. | 它爱我 它真的爱我 |
[08:32] | Like, almost too much. It’s embarrassing. | 非常爱 到了让人尴尬的地步 |
[08:34] | Okay, I’ll tell you what. | 我来告诉你 |
[08:35] | I’m gonna put these into piles | 我来把这些东西分成几堆 |
[08:37] | that I think will help you decide | 来帮你决定它们 |
[08:38] | whether or not they love you, okay? | 是否爱你 好吗 |
[08:40] | What are we gonna do with all the stuff that doesn’t love him? | 那我们怎么处理那些不爱他的东西 |
[08:42] | Burn it? In the alley? | 烧了 在后街 |
[08:44] | Maybe. No. | 也许可以 不 |
[08:45] | Teddy, can you get a Dumpster over here? | 泰迪 你可以叫一辆垃圾车来吗 |
[08:48] | A Dumpster? | 垃圾车 |
[08:49] | I was thinking, like, | 难道不是 |
[08:50] | maybe just a couple of armloads of stuff. | 只扔掉几样东西吗 |
[08:52] | Maybe a small shopping bag. | 大概一个小型购物袋就能装的量 |
[08:54] | See if we get that filled up. | 可能都装不满 |
[08:55] | Teddy, look at all this. It’s a lot. | 泰迪 看看这些 有好多东西呢 |
[08:58] | I know, but getting a Dumpster on such short notice? | 我知道 但在那么短时间里叫辆垃圾车 |
[09:01] | The permits, the red tape… What am I supposed to do, | 许可证啊 文件之类的 让我怎么叫 |
[09:03] | just call the Dumpster Fairy? | 召唤一个垃圾车仙女吗 |
[09:05] | You know construction people, right? | 你不是认识建筑工人吗 |
[09:07] | I guess I could call Dennis. | 我也许可以打给丹尼斯 |
[09:08] | Is Dennis the Dumpster Fairy? | 丹尼斯是垃圾车仙女吗 |
[09:10] | Or our fairy god-Dumpster? | 或者我们的垃圾车仙女教母 |
[09:11] | All right, I’m gonna go call him from the bedroom | 我要去卧室给他打电话 |
[09:13] | so you can’t hear me swearing about all this. | 免得你们听到我跟他诉苦 |
[09:15] | Could we use this as the runner? | 我们可以用这个做桌布吗 |
[09:17] | It’s not very Thanksgivingy. | 这不太感恩节 |
[09:19] | The back is a festive beige. | 背面是米黄色 够感恩节了吧 |
[09:20] | Yeah, I guess that could work. | 我猜这样能行 |
[09:22] | All right, go get plates and silverware | 好了 去厨房拿盘子和餐具 |
[09:24] | from the kitchen and set up the table. | 准备摆桌 |
[09:25] | Okay, Dennis is bringing a Dumpster by in a little while. | 丹尼斯一会就会带一辆垃圾车来 |
[09:28] | – Oh, good! – He says he’s gonna borrow it from a job site, | -太好了 -他说他会从工地那借一辆 |
[09:31] | but it already has some stuff in it. | 但是里面已经有一些垃圾了 |
[09:33] | And if anyone comes and asks anything about it, | 如果任何人来问关于它的任何问题 |
[09:35] | – we’re supposed to say, “Vinny said it was okay.” – Great. | -我们要回答 文尼说没问题 -很好 |
[09:37] | And if they say, “Vinny’s out of the joint?” | 如果他们说 文尼被放出来了吗 |
[09:40] | we say, “Yeah, Vinny’s out, and he’s got big plans.” | 我们要说 对 出来了 而且有大计划 |
[09:42] | – Okay. – Not a whole lot of plates | -好吧 -没多少盘子 |
[09:44] | and only one fork. | 叉子也只有一把 |
[09:46] | There’s plastic utensils and paper plates | 水槽旁边的抽屉里 |
[09:48] | from takeout in the drawer next to the sink. | 有外卖的塑料餐具和纸盘子 |
[09:50] | I knew I was saving those for something. | 幸亏我一直留着它们 |
[09:52] | You kids do that, and I’ll keep going with Teddy. | 你们去找找 我和泰迪继续 |
[09:54] | Okay, Teddy. Does this love you? | 泰迪 这东西爱你吗 |
[09:56] | – Yes. – Wrong. | -爱 -错 |
[09:58] | You’re mistaking lust for love. | 你把贪恋和爱混淆了 |
[10:01] | Oh, the Dumpster’s here. It’s here. | 垃圾车来了 到了 |
[10:02] | I can’t look. I mean, I’m gonna go back in the kitchen | 我看不下去 我去厨房 |
[10:05] | and see what Bob’s doing. | 看看鲍勃在做什么 |
[10:06] | Okay, I’ll handle it. | 好吧 我来处理 |
[10:07] | – Do I tip or…? What, what… – Tip your fake hat | -我要不要付小费[拍] -拍拍你的假帽子 |
[10:09] | and say, “Thank you, milady.” | 然后说 谢谢你 我的女士 |
[10:11] | Okay, Teddy. I-I did all the work– | 好了 泰迪 我把所有准备都做好了 |
[10:13] | all of it– and wrote down | 还给你写下了什么时候 |
[10:15] | exactly when you’re supposed to put these in the oven. | 把这些放进烤箱 |
[10:17] | It’s foolproof. | 非常简单 |
[10:18] | “Put in oven at 2:00 for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.” | 两点放进烤箱 四十五分钟 三百五十度 |
[10:22] | Right? Is that a five or an “S”? | 对吗 那是个”5″ 还是个”S” |
[10:24] | It’s a five. You just said it. | 这是”5″ 你刚刚自己也说了 |
[10:25] | 350 degrees. Why-why would it be an “S”? | 三百五十度 怎么可能是”S” |
[10:28] | I don’t know. I’m nervous, Bob! | 我不知道 我很紧张 鲍勃 |
[10:30] | I’m freaking out here! | 我紧张死了 |
[10:30] | Why are you so nervous? It’s just your family. | 你为什么那么紧张 只是你的家人 |
[10:33] | I know, but I’ve never hosted before. | 我知道 但我从来没有招待过别人 |
[10:34] | And everything was all put away and now it’s everywhere. | 一切都安放妥当而现在却到处都是 |
[10:37] | And it’s different. I’m just nervous. | 都不一样了 我很紧张 |
[10:39] | – I’m gonna go get my camera. – Your camera? Why? | -我去拿相机 -相机 为什么 |
[10:42] | Okay, I’m back, ha-ha. Uh, pick up a dish | 好了 我回来了 哈哈 拿起一个盘子 |
[10:44] | and act like you’re putting it in the oven. | 装作你要把它放进烤箱 |
[10:46] | Teddy, this is crazy. | 泰迪 这样很神经 |
[10:46] | I’m a visual learner. | 我习惯通过观看去学习 |
[10:48] | – It doesn’t make any sense! – Come on, Bobby, help me out! | -这说不通啊 -行了 鲍比 帮帮我 |
[10:49] | Just pretend like you’re putting those carrots in the oven. | 就假装你要把这些胡萝卜放进烤箱 |
[10:51] | Fine! How does my hair look? | 行 我的发型还好吗 |
[10:53] | It-it’s a little messy. | 有点乱 |
[10:54] | Can you push it over to the…? | 你能往那边扒一下吗 |
[10:55] | Push it the other way. | 弄反了 |
[10:56] | – Just take the picture! – Come on, just push it the other way. | -快拍吧 -拜托 往另一边扒一下 |
[10:57] | No. | 不 |
[10:58] | That’s how you want to represent yourself cooking? | 你就想这样代言你的厨艺吗 |
[11:00] | You’re right, let me fix it. | 也是 那我弄一下 |
[11:01] | Bob, Teddy, come out here please! | 鲍勃 泰迪 出来一下 |
[11:04] | Okay, this is the pile that loves Teddy. | 好吧 这堆是爱泰迪的 |
[11:06] | This is the pile that likes him, but is ready to move on. | 这堆喜欢泰迪 但已经准备好下一段恋情了 |
[11:10] | And this pile hates him. | 这堆是讨厌泰迪的 |
[11:11] | – Hates him. – Okay, what’s the fourth pile? | -讨厌 -好吧 那第四堆呢 |
[11:13] | – Oh, that stuff loves me. – Loves her. | -那堆是爱我的 -爱她的 |
[11:15] | I’m keeping that. | 我拿走了 |
[11:16] | So everyone grab as much as you can from these two piles, | 所以大家从这两堆能拿多少就拿多少 |
[11:18] | and let’s take ’em to the Dumpster! | 然后丢进垃圾箱 |
[11:20] | I call the lightbulbs. | 我拿电灯泡 |
[11:21] | I promise I’ll be super, super gentle | 我保证拿的时候会超级超级温柔的 |
[11:23] | when I throw them in the Dumpsteras hard as I can. | 然后用最大力扔进垃圾箱 |
[11:26] | And I call this Magic 8-Ball with all the water drained out. | 那我选这个水漏光了的神奇八号球 |
[11:28] | – New best thing! Beat that! – Impossible. | -新的最佳物品 比不过了吧 -不可能 |
[11:32] | My outlook for beating that is not so good. | 我觉得要想打败那个希望渺茫 |
[11:34] | Isn’t this great? | 这样是不是很赞 |
[11:36] | So nice and clean? | 干净整洁 |
[11:37] | And your dining room looks so beautiful. | 你的餐厅看起来漂亮极了 |
[11:40] | Yeah. It is… | 是的 是挺 |
[11:42] | I sure don’t need all those things | 我肯定不需要那些 |
[11:43] | that we put in the Dumpster. | 我们扔掉的东西 |
[11:44] | – This is better. – That’s right. | -好多了 -是的 |
[11:45] | – This is so much better. – There he is. | -这样好多了 -瞧瞧吧 |
[11:47] | This is a very, very great– Nice job, everybody. | 这太棒了 干得好 各位 |
[11:49] | Attaboy, attaboy. | 干得好 干得好 |
[11:50] | – Right. Yup. – Nice job. | -没错 -干得好 |
[11:51] | Well, glad we could help, so we should probably go, right? | 很高兴能帮上忙 我们该走了 好吗 |
[11:53] | – Okay. – Good luck tomorrow, Teddy. | -好吧 -祝你明天好运 泰迪 |
[11:55] | Who needs luck when I got these Polaroids? | 我都有拍立得了 谁还需要运气啊 |
[11:58] | That was a good ‘un, Pa. | 真好吃 爸 |
[12:00] | I’m a tryp-to-fan of what you did with this turkey. | 我超喜欢你做的火鸡 |
[12:03] | – Get it? – It was so good and I ate so much, | -懂了没 -太好吃了我吃了好多 |
[12:05] | – I can’t even finish this… – Pie? | -我都快 -吃不下派了吗 |
[12:07] | Well, I was going to say “sentence.” | 我准备说”说不完这个句子”的 |
[12:09] | – it was fine, I guess. – What? | -是还可以 -什么 |
[12:11] | The-the turkey was a little dry. | 火鸡有点烤干了 |
[12:13] | That’s why God invented gravy. | 这就是为什么上帝发明了肉汁 |
[12:14] | Or as I call it, turkey lube. | 我把它叫做 火鸡润滑油 |
[12:16] | You’re crazy, Bob. It was good. | 你要求太高了 鲍勃 很好吃 |
[12:19] | And the timing of the yams was off. | 白薯放久了一点 |
[12:20] | They were a little cold by the time everything else was done. | 等其它菜做好了 白薯都有点冷了 |
[12:23] | Who cares? It’s all the same temperature in here: | 谁会在意 在肚子里都是一个温度 |
[12:26] | 98 degrees “fartenheit.” | 98″屁”氏度 |
[12:28] | I really wish I had spatchcocked the turkey. | 真希望我能在火鸡杀好后马上做熟 |
[12:30] | We-we spent so much time at Teddy’s, | 我们在泰迪家耽搁太久了 |
[12:32] | I-I didn’t have time to get into it. | 我没时间做 |
[12:34] | Teddy’s so lucky to have friends like us. | 泰迪有我们这样的朋友真是太幸运了 |
[12:36] | I wonder how he’s doing over there. | 我很想知道他那边怎么样了 |
[12:37] | If he’s following my very clear instructions, | 我已经说的很明确了 如果他按我说的做 |
[12:39] | then he should be doing just fine. | 应该没问题的 |
[12:41] | Probably better than I did. | 可能比我做得还好 |
[12:43] | Hello. | 喂 |
[12:43] | Bob! I’m looking at your notes, | 鲍勃 我在看你的笔记 |
[12:45] | but the pictures don’t match | 但是照片和笔记对不上 |
[12:46] | and the green beans are burning, | 青豆着火了 |
[12:48] | or they’re already burnt, and I didn’t know | 或是已经烧糊了 我不知道 |
[12:50] | if I was supposed to start the turkey yet. | 我现在该不该开始做火鸡 |
[12:52] | It’s Teddy. He’s not doing well. | 是泰迪 他进展不太顺利 |
[12:54] | Wait a minute, I messed up our Thanksgiving. | 等下 我搞砸了我们的感恩节 |
[12:56] | Teddy’s sounds like a disaster. | 泰迪听起来一团糟 |
[12:58] | – You know what this means? – Please don’t say… | -你们知道这意味着什么 -请不要说 |
[13:00] | We have to go to Teddy’s | 我们得去泰迪家 |
[13:01] | to help him with his Thanksgiving, | 帮他过感恩节 |
[13:02] | so I can redeem myself. | 这样我就能弥补自己的过失了 |
[13:03] | so you can redeem yourself. | 这样你就能弥补你的过失了 |
[13:04] | Oh, God. | 我的天 |
[13:09] | Thanks for coming! | 谢谢你们过来 |
[13:09] | Happy Thanksgiving! What took you so long?! | 感恩节快乐 怎么搞这么久 |
[13:11] | Teddy, wh-what happened to you? | 泰迪 你这是怎么了 |
[13:14] | What? When? What? Yes. | 什么 什么时候 你说什么 是的 |
[13:15] | You look like you just got beat up by an Edward Scissorhand. | 你看起来就像刚刚被剪刀手爱德华打过一样 |
[13:18] | I was rushing around, | 我忙过来忙过去 |
[13:19] | trying to get everything ready for today, | 想把今天要用的东西准备好 |
[13:21] | and I caught my shirt on the dresser handle, | 不料衬衫被柜子把手钩住了 |
[13:23] | and I turned around to look what happened | 我转身想看看怎么回事 |
[13:24] | and I went smack, right into the door! | 结果一用力 正撞在了门上 |
[13:26] | What happened to your cheek? | 你的脸又是怎么回事 |
[13:27] | I was trying to shave with an old razor. | 我用那副旧的剃须刀刮胡子 |
[13:29] | I tried to tough it out, but I– | 本想凑合一下 谁曾想 |
[13:31] | but it just got more and more painful, so I stopped. | 刮得越来越痛 我就放弃了 |
[13:33] | Is it noticeable? | 很明显吗 |
[13:34] | Yeah, but you’re making it work. | 是的 但至少它派上用场了 |
[13:35] | I smell something funky. | 我闻到一股恶臭味 |
[13:37] | What is that? | 哪里来的 |
[13:38] | It’s probably me. I get panic stink. | 可能是我身上的 我一紧张就有体臭 |
[13:40] | – I-I don’t think that’s a real thing. – It is. | -这也太扯了 -我说的是真的 |
[13:43] | Oh, it’s real. | 确实是他 |
[13:44] | What? It just smells kind of like my locker. | 什么 闻起来和我的储物柜差不多 |
[13:46] | – Oh, no. – And now you know. | -不是吧 -你总算知道了 |
[13:48] | Well, maybe-maybe take a shower. | 也许 也许洗个澡会好一些 |
[13:50] | I already had two. It just spreads the smell around. | 我洗过两回了 臭味已经弥散开了 |
[13:53] | Well, once I get the food going, | 我去搞定吃的 |
[13:55] | all anyone will smell is delicious turkey. | 待会所有人就只闻到火鸡的香味了 |
[13:57] | Time to take back Thanksgiving! | 重过感恩节 |
[13:59] | Get ready for Turkey 2: Judgment Day! | 《火鸡2: 审判日》即将出炉 敬请期待 |
[14:02] | All right, let me get you a new shirt and, | 好了 我给你挑件新衬衫 |
[14:04] | maybe wipe the blood off your face. | 你脸上的血也要擦一擦 |
[14:06] | Oh, wait. What about some place cards for the table? | 我们来写一下座位卡怎么样 |
[14:08] | That would spruce this sucker up a little. | 也许会起到一点美化的效果 |
[14:10] | Good one, T. | 好主意 小蒂 |
[14:11] | Teddy, I’ll go grab you a shirt. | 泰迪 我去帮你拿件衬衫过来 |
[14:12] | Can you write in cursive? | 你会写花体字吗 |
[14:14] | Yeah, but this seems like a bubble letter situation. | 可以 但我只会写那种泡泡字体 |
[14:16] | – A BLS. – So what are the names of your family? | -泡泡字体 -你家里人都怎么称呼 |
[14:19] | My sister and her husband are Dana and Dan. | 我姐叫黛娜 姐夫叫丹 |
[14:21] | Just put “Mom” For my mom– she’ll know what that means. | 我妈的座位写”妈妈”就好 她能看懂 |
[14:24] | And her boyfriend, oh, uh, have I never used his name? | 至于她男朋友 我好像没叫过他的名字 |
[14:27] | Me and my sister just call him Boytoy, | 我和姐姐都是称呼他小男友 |
[14:29] | but we can’t write that. Can we write that?! | 但不能那么写 可以那样写吗 |
[14:30] | – Yeah. – No, no, no, no. | -当然可以 -不不不不 |
[14:31] | Let’s just take a shot and go with… Terry. | 让我想想 就写泰瑞吧 |
[14:34] | Okay, here you go. Just slip this on. | 好了 给你 赶紧换上 |
[14:35] | – Thanks, Linda. – Oh, the smell. | -谢谢你 琳达 -熏死人了 |
[14:37] | Here, I brought some aftershave for that. | 我还拿了须后水 |
[14:40] | Now let me just flick your pits. | 胳膊抬起来 腋下洒一点 |
[14:41] | – Flick it. – Right. Yeah, put it in there. | -拍一拍 -好的 这边也来点 |
[14:42] | Okay. All right. | 好的 |
[14:43] | And a little on the cheeks. | 脸上也来点 |
[14:46] | – It burns! It burns! – I’m sorry. I’m sorry. | -好痛 好痛 -对不起 对不起 |
[14:47] | Oh, it stopped. | 不痛了 |
[14:48] | So where should we put these bad boys? | 座位卡该怎么摆呢 |
[14:49] | Definitely put my sister next to her husband, | 我姐姐肯定要挨着她老公 |
[14:51] | and my mom next to “Terry.” | 妈妈挨着”泰瑞” |
[14:53] | But who should I sit between? | 我该坐哪呢 |
[14:54] | Well, how do you usually do it? | 你往常坐什么位置 |
[14:56] | Well, when I was a kid, I’d just sit between my parents, | 小时候我都是坐在爸妈中间 |
[14:58] | – so they wouldn’t argue so much. – Did it work? | -避免他们一直争吵 -管用吗 |
[15:00] | Sometimes. But, boy, could they yell. | 有时管用 但他们会吼来吼去 |
[15:02] | They would yell and yell, | 吼起来谁也不让谁 |
[15:03] | and then my neighbors would yell, “Shut up!” | 直到邻居开始骂”闭嘴” 他们才消停 |
[15:05] | And my mom would yell back, | 然后我妈还会骂回去 |
[15:06] | “Mind your own business, Finelli’s, | 管好你们自己吧 菲内利夫妇” |
[15:08] | because you had problems last week!” | 你们上星期还不是刚吵完” |
[15:10] | Linda, can I get a hand in here? | 琳达 能过来搭把手吗 |
[15:12] | Teddy, hold that sad thought for one sec. | 泰迪 等会再聊这个话题 稍等片刻 |
[15:13] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[15:15] | Would you, uh, give the potatoes a stir? | 帮忙搅拌一下土豆 可以吗 |
[15:16] | – I’m-I’m covered in poultry. – Okay. | -我处理一下火鸡肉 -好的 |
[15:19] | Oh, God, what are you doing? | 天哪 你在做什么 |
[15:20] | I-I’m taking out the backbone. | 我要把脊椎骨取出来 |
[15:21] | It’s how you get the turkey flat for spatchcocking. | 这样才能把它摊平拿去烤 |
[15:24] | – What? – I-I thought you’d want to see me do it. | -什么 -我以为你想看我怎么做呢 |
[15:27] | Why is everyone so disgusted by turkey preparation? | 为什么所有人都反感火鸡的处理过程 |
[15:30] | – It’s beautiful. – No. | -我觉得很赞啊 -我拒绝 |
[15:31] | Okay, but just watch this, Lin. | 好吧 你看着 琳 |
[15:33] | I have to crack the chest. | 胸骨也要压碎 |
[15:34] | You have to be pretty strong to do this. | 力气不够根本没法做这个 |
[15:36] | Good thing I– spatchcock! | 完美一击 火鸡变身 |
[15:38] | – Oh, my face! – Did I get ya? | -我的脸 -溅到你了吗 |
[15:39] | – Did ya get– – Yes! Oh, right in my mouth. | -溅到了吗 -是的 进嘴里了 |
[15:42] | Oh, wash it off quick. That’s… | 赶紧洗洗 |
[15:43] | Give me some wine. Give me some wine. | 来点酒 来点酒 |
[15:45] | Give me the wine. | 给我酒 |
[15:48] | Good wine. | 好酒 |
[15:49] | Good news, Teddy. The dinner will be ready | 好消息 泰迪 晚餐将在你的家人来之前 |
[15:51] | right before your family arrives and it’s gonna be perfect! | 准备好 并且一定会很完美的 |
[15:54] | Teddy? | 泰迪 |
[15:55] | Kids, have you seen Teddy? | 孩子们 你们看见泰迪了吗 |
[15:56] | -Not lately. -We invited Teddy to join us | -刚才还在这 -我们邀请泰迪 |
[15:59] | on the floor, but he hasn’t RSVP’d. | 和我们一起躺在地上 但是他还没有回复 |
[16:01] | We’re taking a little table-setting break. | 我们在中场休息 |
[16:02] | You know, we just ate an entire Thanksgiving meal | 我们刚吃完整个感恩节大餐 |
[16:05] | and now you’re making us do stuff, right? | 现在你是想让我们干活是吗 |
[16:07] | -Teddy! -Teddy, where are you? | -泰迪 -泰迪你在哪里 |
[16:09] | Is he in the bathroom? Knock, knock. | 他是不是在卫生间 有人吗 |
[16:12] | No. Why does he need five plungers? | 他不在 他为什么需要五个皮搋 |
[16:14] | For different moods. | 为了在不同心情下使用 |
[16:15] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[16:16] | Teddy’s family is on their way, and he’s missing. | 泰迪的家人已经在路上了 他却消失了 |
[16:18] | This is awful! | 太可怕了 |
[16:21] | Oh, that’s good. | 好喝 |
[16:24] | We looked in every room, twice. | 我们找过了每个房间 两次 |
[16:25] | Where could Teddy have gone? | 泰迪会去哪里呢 |
[16:27] | Did you try tapping his food bowl? | 你试过敲他的饭碗吗 |
[16:29] | This is bad. His family’s coming | 太糟了 他的家人要来了 |
[16:30] | and the perfect turkey’s in the oven. | 完美的火鸡在烤箱 |
[16:32] | He can’t have gone far; let’s check outside. | 他走不了太远 我们去外面找找 |
[16:34] | Teddy! Teddy! | 泰迪 泰迪 |
[16:36] | Teddy! | 泰迪 |
[16:37] | Here, Teddy, Teddy, Teddy. | 泰迪 泰迪 泰迪 |
[16:39] | Teddy? Is that you? | 泰迪 是你吗 |
[16:41] | – No. – Okay, sorry to bother you. | -不是 -抱歉打扰了 |
[16:43] | Where is he? | 他去哪儿了 |
[16:47] | Hey, Teddy, what are you doing? | 泰迪 你在干什么 |
[16:50] | Fixing the chair, obviously. | 很明显是在修椅子 |
[16:52] | Don’t know how it got in here; it’s perfectly good. | 不知道它怎么会在这里 它特别好用 |
[16:54] | Okay, but is this a good time to do that? | 但是这时候修椅子好吗 |
[16:57] | It’s a great time. I’m just fixing a couple of things. | 当然好了 我修了很多东西 |
[16:59] | Maybe I’m gonna move ’em upstairs if I want to. | 如果我愿意的话会把它们搬上楼 |
[17:01] | Or it might be easier to just move a couple things | 或者更简便的方式是搬一些东西下来 |
[17:03] | from upstairs down here, live in the Dumpster. | 住在垃圾箱里 |
[17:06] | -Cheaper rent. -Great light. | -更少的租金 -更好的灯光 |
[17:08] | Kids, no. Teddy’s not living in the Dumpster. | 孩子们 不 泰迪不能住在垃圾箱 |
[17:10] | Yeah, Teddy. This stuff is going to the dump. | 是的 泰迪 这些东西要被送去垃圾场 |
[17:12] | A-And you need to come upstairs. | 你需要上楼去 |
[17:14] | This can’t go to the dump, Bob. It’s not trash. | 这个不能被送去垃圾场 鲍勃 这不是垃圾 |
[17:16] | All this stuff can be fixed. | 这些东西都能修好 |
[17:18] | You don’t just give up on stuff; you can fix it. | 你不能放弃这些东西 你可以修补它们 |
[17:20] | It might be okay to give up on the half a waffle maker. | 也许放弃半个华夫饼机没什么关系 |
[17:23] | I’m saving that until I find the other half. | 我要留着它直到找到另外半个 |
[17:26] | I’m a fixer, I fix things. | 我是个修理工 我修理物品 |
[17:28] | I’ve always been a fixer. | 我一直是一个修理工 |
[17:29] | I’m gonna fix that waffle maker soon. | 我很快就会修好那个华夫饼机 |
[17:32] | Oh, my God, I’m having a brain-smart. | 我的天 我有一个极好的想法 |
[17:35] | Teddy, you sat between your parents | 泰迪 当你父母吵架的时候 |
[17:37] | when they would argue. | 你就坐在他们中间 |
[17:38] | You were the peacemaker. | 你是一个和平使者 |
[17:40] | -You were trying to fix things. -Oh, yeah. | -你一直在试着修复 -是的 |
[17:42] | Your mom and dad are the two halves of the waffle maker. | 你的妈妈和爸爸就是华夫饼机的两个半 |
[17:45] | That makes you a waffle. | 他们做出的华夫饼就是你 |
[17:47] | It’s probably why you like butter so much. | 也许这就是你长得像黄油的原因 |
[17:49] | Oh, Teddy, I’m sorry. | 泰迪 对不起 |
[17:51] | We did this all too fast. | 我们做的太快了 |
[17:52] | We pushed you too hard. | 给了你很大压力 |
[17:54] | Yeah. You were just trying to help. | 是的 你们只是想帮我 |
[17:56] | In kind of a judgey way. | 用一种同情的方式 |
[17:57] | Well, if keeping stuff to fix | 如果修东西 |
[18:00] | helps get you through the day, then what’s the big deal? | 能让你度过低落的时间 那又有什么关系 |
[18:03] | It isn’t hurting anybody, right? | 又没有伤害到别人 |
[18:04] | Yeah, we all have our things. | 是的 我们都有自己的爱好 |
[18:06] | Dad gets weird about Thanksgiving. | 爸爸一到感恩节就变奇怪 |
[18:07] | I-I don’t get weird. | 我 我没有很奇怪 |
[18:09] | -I care too much, Tina be shopping. -What? | -我操心太多 蒂娜购物狂 -什么 |
[18:12] | Mom has her wine. | 妈妈爱喝酒 |
[18:13] | Oh, there it is. Thank you, Gene. | 它在这 谢谢 吉恩 |
[18:15] | But this isn’t my thing. | 但这不是我的爱好 |
[18:16] | I mean, Thanksgiving happens once a year. | 感恩节一年一次 |
[18:17] | It’s not weird to try and make it perfect. | 努力让节日更有意思并不奇怪 |
[18:20] | You guys are weird. | 你们才奇怪 |
[18:22] | Hello. | 你好 |
[18:23] | Oh, hey. Nothing. | 没事 |
[18:26] | What do you mean it sounds like I’m in a Dumpster? | 你说我好像在垃圾箱里是什么意思 |
[18:27] | It’s just kinda echo-y in here because of my couch. | 只不过是因为我在沙发上所以有回声 |
[18:31] | Oh. It did? Yeah, that happens. | 是吗 恰巧是 |
[18:33] | Okay, then I-I guess I’ll see you guys tomorrow. | 我 我们明天见 |
[18:37] | That was my sister. | 是我姐姐 |
[18:38] | My mom missed her flight, | 我妈误了航班 |
[18:39] | and now my sister is staying near the airport | 现在我姐姐在机场附近 |
[18:41] | so she can pick her up in the morning. | 所以她明早可以去接我妈 |
[18:42] | – Oh, no. -No. This is great. | -不 -不 太好了 |
[18:45] | I’m off the hook. Them coming tomorrow is better. | 我摆脱困境了 他们明天来更好 |
[18:47] | Tomorrow’s better? | 明天更好 |
[18:48] | Tomorrow’s way better. | 明天来太好了 |
[18:49] | No pressure for a perfect meal or perfect setting. | 不用担心完美的晚餐或者完美的摆桌 |
[18:52] | We’ll just hang out. | 我们出去吃就行 |
[18:54] | I-I guess it’s-it’s great. | 我 我想 这 这很好 |
[18:56] | Just, that was a lot of work, | 只是这么多的努力 |
[18:58] | completely for nothing. | 全都白费了 |
[19:00] | I’ll get over it. | 我会挺过来的 |
[19:01] | But, Teddy, now you’re alone on Thanksgiving. | 但是 泰迪 现在感恩节只剩你一个人了 |
[19:03] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[19:04] | I’m just gonna bring some of my stuff back upstairs. | 我正要把我的东西搬上楼 |
[19:06] | Wait, the turkey’s gonna be ready in an hour, | 等等 火鸡一个小时后就好了 |
[19:08] | and you have a whole Thanksgiving dinner up there, | 而且你家里现在有一整桌的感恩节晚餐 |
[19:10] | and, you know, we’re here, so… | 而且 你懂的 我们在这 所以 |
[19:12] | Oh. Hey, then… why don’t you join me? | 那么 你们和我一起吃怎么样 |
[19:15] | – We already ate. -Oh, we, uh… | -我们已经吃过了 -我们 |
[19:16] | Yeah, that’s a good idea, Teddy. | 这真是个好主意 泰迪 |
[19:18] | Thank you. I mean, we might as well stay, right? | 谢谢你 我是说 我们还是留下来吧 |
[19:21] | and we’ll help you carry the stuff you want back up. | 而且我们会帮你把东西搬回去 |
[19:24] | I’m with her. | 我同意露易丝 |
[19:25] | Yeah, my arms are pretty tired from writing the place cards. | 没错 我的胳膊写座位卡累着了 |
[19:28] | Kids, we’re helping him. Grab something. | 孩子们 我们一起帮他 拿点东西 |
[19:29] | Hey, look, the other half of the waffle maker. | 快看 另一半华夫饼机 |
[19:31] | – You found it. – New best thing. | -你找到了 -最佳物品 |
[19:33] | – I win! – What? | -我赢了 -什么 |
[19:34] | No. Drained 8-Ball. | 不 漏完水的8号球 |
[19:36] | – Yeah, you’re right. – Yeah. | -好吧 你说得对 -是啊 |
[19:39] | We gotta get out of this Dumpster. | 我们得快出去 |
[19:42] | Well, that was the last of it. | 这是最后一件了 |
[19:43] | The stuff you wanna keep is back where it was. | 你想留下的东西又物归原处了 |
[19:45] | And then some. | 还有一些 |
[19:46] | Okay, my redemption dinner is served. | 好了 我的救赎晚餐来了 |
[19:49] | Wait, did you bring broken chunks of concrete up here? | 等等 你把碎了的水泥块拿上来了 |
[19:52] | Yeah, that’s good rebar. | 没错 这可是上好的钢筋 |
[19:53] | You just break off the concrete and voilà. | 只要把混凝土弄断 然后就是这样了 |
[19:56] | – Free rebar. – Free-bar. | -免费钢筋 -免筋 |
[19:57] | O-Okay. Well, let’s eat while everything’s hot. | 好了 趁热赶紧吃吧 |
[20:00] | It does smell good. Guess I could have a bite. | 闻上去真香 我想我还能再吃一点 |
[20:02] | I could take a nibble. | 我可以再吃一小口 |
[20:04] | If this is how I go, this is how I go. | 如果我得吃 那我就吃 |
[20:06] | Thank you guys for all your help with my stuff. | 谢谢你们各位帮我搬东西 |
[20:08] | And putting up with my stuff. | 并且忍受我这些东西 |
[20:09] | And making stuffing. | 还帮我做东西 |
[20:11] | – It means a lot. – Of course. | -这对我意义重大 -当然 |
[20:13] | Okay, everyone, let’s focus on the food. | 好了 各位 专心吃东西 |
[20:14] | I mean, we’re all here for Teddy, | 我是说 我们当然是为了泰迪 |
[20:17] | of course, but dig in. | 不过 快吃吧 |
[20:20] | Bobby. | 鲍鲍 |
[20:20] | This is really good. | 这真是好吃 |
[20:22] | This is amazing, Bob. | 简直太好吃了 鲍勃 |
[20:24] | It really is. | 真的很好吃 |
[20:25] | – Are you crying? – No. | -你哭了吗 -没有 |
[20:27] | I’m-I’m… I’m just so happy. | 我只是 我只是…我只是太高兴了 |
[20:29] | This is so good I’m gonna wish for a second stomach. | 真是太好吃了 要是我有两个胃就好了 |
[20:32] | Where’s the wishbone? | 许愿骨在哪 |
[20:32] | I think the spatchcocking broke it. | 我想是宰杀的时候弄断了 |
[20:34] | I can fix it! | 我能修好 |
[20:35] | * An aquarium pump don’t belong in the dump * | *鱼缸泵不属于垃圾* |
[20:37] | * Give it to Teddy * | *把它交给泰迪* |
[20:38] | – I can fix it! – * Who really cares * | -我能修好 -*谁还留着* |
[20:40] | * About two-legged chairs? No one but Teddy * | *两条腿的椅子 只有泰迪* |
[20:42] | – I can fix it! -* A phone with no receiver * | -我能修好 -*没有听筒的电话* |
[20:44] | * Should be chopped up with a cleaver, ‘less you’re Teddy * | *应该被切碎 除非你是泰迪* |
[20:47] | – I can fix it! -* But is a Gerald Ford bobblehead * | -我能修好 -*杰拉尔德·福特摇头娃娃* |
[20:48] | * That doesn’t really bobble worth your trouble? * | *不能摇头是否真的有用* |
[20:51] | I can fix it! | 我能修好 |
[20:52] | * My parents were the two halves of the waffle maker * | *我父母就是两半的华夫饼机* |
[20:54] | * That makes you the waffle * | *所以你是华夫饼* |
[20:56] | * My parents were the two halves of the waffle maker * | *我父母就是两半的华夫饼机* |
[20:58] | * That makes you the waffle * | *所以你是华夫饼* |
[21:00] | * My parents were the two halves of the waffle maker * | *我父母就是两半的华夫饼机* |
[21:02] | * That makes you the waffle * | *所以你是华夫饼* |
[21:04] | * My parents were the two halves of the waffle maker * | *我父母就是两半的华夫饼机* |
[21:07] | * That makes you the waffle. * | *所以你是华夫饼* |