时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | – You are going to Nigeria this summer. – I am? | -这个暑假你得去尼日利亚 -是吗 |
[00:06] | It does not matter how things are with your father and me. | 我和你父亲的关系并不重要 |
[00:09] | This trip will be good for you. | 这次旅行能给你带来好处 |
[00:11] | That is what matters. | 这才重要 |
[00:13] | Thank you, Mum. | 谢谢 妈妈 |
[00:14] | And I will never be against you. | 我永远不会伤害你 |
[00:16] | When you get back, | 等你回来 |
[00:17] | you have to help me learn this dance | 你得帮我学格洛里亚 |
[00:19] | that Gloria knows. | 会的这支舞 |
[00:21] | You want me to help you dance? | 你想让我帮你跳舞 |
[00:22] | Ah. Dele does not think I know how to dance, either. | 德勒也不觉得我会跳舞 |
[00:27] | That’s because you cannot. | 那是因为你本来就不会 |
[00:30] | You are laughing at your mother. | 你在嘲笑你妈 |
[00:32] | No, I’m just happy to see you happy. | 不是 我只是为你高兴而高兴 |
[00:35] | And I am happy | 我为你 |
[00:36] | that you are happy that I am happy. | 为我高兴而高兴 |
[00:40] | Oh, I love you, Dele. | 我爱你 德勒 |
[00:42] | I miss you very much. | 我好想你 |
[00:46] | I love you, too, Mum. | 我也爱你 妈 |
[00:49] | I’m glad Mum is having a good time. | 我真高兴我妈玩得开心 |
[00:51] | Maybe too good a time. | 也许太开心了 |
[00:55] | How about next June? Who doesn’t love a June wedding? | 明年六月怎么样 谁不喜欢六月婚礼呢 |
[00:57] | People who are applying to medical school. | 申请医学院的人 |
[00:59] | So, no June. | 那就不要六月 |
[01:00] | No June. | 不要六月 |
[01:02] | How about September 23? You know what that day is, don’t you? | 9月23日呢 你知道那天是什么日子的吧 |
[01:06] | What? | 什么日子 |
[01:06] | It’s the anniversary of my big heart attack. | 是我心脏病大爆发的周年纪念 |
[01:09] | You’ve had small heart attacks? | 你还有过心脏病小爆发吗 |
[01:12] | Don’t worry about it. | 算了 |
[01:14] | Why would we want to get married on a day | 你为什么想要在你差点死掉的那天 |
[01:16] | – you almost died? – Because it’s also the day | -结婚呢 -因为就是在这一天 |
[01:18] | we met and you swept me off my gurney. | 我们相遇了 你把我从轮床上扫下来 |
[01:21] | So what do you think? | 怎么样 |
[01:23] | No. | 不要 |
[01:25] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:26] | I’m still gonna be celebrating. | 我反正还是会庆祝 |
[01:29] | – What about October? – Mm, no good. | -8月怎么样 -不大好 |
[01:32] | I got the International Undergarment Expo in Shanghai. | 我得去上海参加国际内衣博览会 |
[01:35] | And since the Chinese government won’t allow Douglas | 由于中国政府不准道格拉斯 |
[01:37] | in Shanghai, we can’t get married there. | 踏足上海 我们不能在那里结婚 |
[01:40] | Why can’t Douglas go to Shanghai? | 为什么道格拉斯不能去上海 |
[01:41] | Don’t worry about it. | 算了 |
[01:45] | All right, so basically it’s either | 所以基本上来说也就是 |
[01:47] | two years from now or… | 要么两年后 要么… |
[01:49] | I got an opening in three weeks. | 我三周后还有空 |
[01:53] | That works for me. | 我觉得可以 |
[01:54] | What works for you? | 你觉得什么可以 |
[01:55] | – Three weeks. – Wait, are you serious? | -三周后 -等等 你是认真的吗 |
[01:57] | – I mean, it’s not ideal… – But we’ll figure it out. | -不算很理想 -但我们会想办法 |
[02:00] | I don’t know how we’ll get everyone here. | 我不知道我们怎么请到大家 |
[02:01] | But we’ll figure it out. | 但我们会想办法 |
[02:02] | I also have to tell… | 我还得告诉… |
[02:05] | But we’ll figure it out. | 但我们会想办法 |
[02:07] | We’re getting married. | 我们要结婚了 |
[02:08] | We’re getting married. | 我们要结婚了 |
[02:16] | – So, honeymoon. – Okay. | -蜜月 -好的 |
[02:43] | So, are you looking forward | 那么 你要不要 |
[02:45] | to coming home early for the wedding? | 早点回家来参加婚礼 |
[02:47] | I am, but have you talked to Dad about it? | 要 但你和爸爸聊过了吗 |
[02:49] | Eh, I emailed him that we need to talk about | 我给他发了邮件说我们得聊聊 |
[02:51] | you coming home early and he wrote back “Okay,” | 你早点回家 他回复”好” |
[02:54] | so he’s okay. | 所以他说好 |
[02:57] | Ah-ah, is something wrong? | 有什么问题吗 |
[03:00] | He didn’t seem too happy about it. | 他看起来好像不是很高兴 |
[03:02] | It does not matter if he’s happy or sad. | 他高不高兴并不重要 |
[03:04] | You are my son, and you will be at my wedding. | 你是我儿子 你要参加我的婚礼 |
[03:07] | – Is that Dele? – Dele, Bob is here. | -是德勒吗 -德勒 鲍勃来了 |
[03:09] | Hi, Bob. | 你好 鲍勃 |
[03:10] | Hey, pal, how’s it going? | 伙计 你好吗 |
[03:12] | Good. | 很好 |
[03:13] | Listen, there’s something I want to ask you. | 听着 我有事想请求你 |
[03:15] | I was hoping you’d do me the honor | 我希望有幸能请你 |
[03:17] | of being my best man. | 做伴郎吗 |
[03:20] | Uh, I will. Thank you, Bob. | 好的 谢谢你 鲍勃 |
[03:22] | Okay, you got to hand me the ring, | 好 你得给我递戒指 |
[03:24] | make a little speech, | 说几句话 |
[03:25] | talk me down if I have a panic attack. | 如果我恐慌发作 扶我 |
[03:28] | Okay, Bob. | 好 鲍勃 |
[03:30] | I’m sorry, I should probably get going. | 很抱歉 我得先挂了 |
[03:32] | All right. We’ll see you in a couple weeks. | 好 几周后见 |
[03:34] | Okay. Goodbye. | 好 再见 |
[03:35] | Goodbye, Dele. | 再见 德勒 |
[03:40] | Did he seem okay to you? | 你觉得他看上去是没事吗 |
[03:42] | Well, he didn’t laugh at my panic attack joke, | 他没有在我说恐慌笑话的时候笑 |
[03:44] | but neither did you, so maybe it’s genetic. | 但你也没有 所以也许是遗传 |
[03:47] | Well, maybe we did not laugh | 也许我们没笑 |
[03:49] | because mental illness is not funny. | 是因为健康玩笑不好笑 |
[03:51] | Well, not when you put it like that. | 你这么说的确不好笑 |
[03:54] | I just hope his father doesn’t make this | 我只希望他的爸爸别 |
[03:56] | more difficult than it needs to be. | 给这件事横生枝节 |
[03:58] | Well, maybe Tayo is feeling left out. | 也许塔约觉得被孤立了 |
[04:01] | We should invite him and his second wife to the wedding. | 我们应该邀请他和他的小妾来参加婚礼 |
[04:03] | Second wives aren’t funny, either? | 小妾笑话也不好笑吗 |
[04:05] | I am learning a lot today. | 今天学到了很多啊 |
[04:13] | More tea, Pastor? | 再来点茶吗 牧师 |
[04:14] | Please. | 来 |
[04:15] | It is an honor to have such an esteemed man of God | 很荣幸能邀请上帝的使者 |
[04:19] | in our home. | 来我们家做客 |
[04:21] | I am just his humble servant. | 我只是他的仆从 |
[04:23] | More like handsome servant. | 帅气的仆从 |
[04:26] | You know, of God. | 我指上帝的 |
[04:29] | Bob and I would like to be married at the church. | 我和鲍勃想在教堂结婚 |
[04:32] | Wonderful. That is a blessing. | 太好了 真是太荣幸了 |
[04:35] | Amen. Ah. Indeed it is. | 阿门 的确 |
[04:36] | We can start the premarital counseling next month. | 我们下个月就可以开始婚前咨询了 |
[04:40] | Actually, we’re kind of in a time crunch. | 其实 我们时间有点紧 |
[04:42] | God willing, we would love to be married in three weeks. | 上帝保佑 我们三周后就想结婚 |
[04:46] | So soon? | 这么快 |
[04:47] | Yeah, the long engagement isn’t an option for us. | 我们不希望把时间拖得太长 |
[04:53] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[04:54] | No, you don’t see. | 不 你不明白 |
[04:56] | I am not pregnant. | 我没有怀孕 |
[04:57] | Oh, thank goodness. | 感谢上帝 |
[05:00] | You thought we were pregnant? | 你以为我们有小孩了 |
[05:02] | It’s either that or you were dying. | 不然就是你快死了 |
[05:05] | Are you dying? | 你要死了吗 |
[05:07] | No! | 没有 |
[05:08] | Oh, thank goodness. | 感谢上帝 |
[05:09] | We are busy. He runs a business | 我们很忙 他有事业 |
[05:11] | and I’m studying to become a doctor. | 我在努力学习 要当医生 |
[05:13] | At your age? | 在你这个年纪吗 |
[05:15] | So she’s young enough to get pregnant | 她年轻可以怀孕 |
[05:16] | but too old to be a doctor? | 但当医生就太老了吗 |
[05:18] | Uh, what Bob is trying to say is, | 鲍勃想说的是 |
[05:21] | of course she is too old. | 她当然太老了 |
[05:24] | I am sorry, but there are customs in place. | 我很抱歉 但还是有一些习俗的 |
[05:27] | Premarital counseling, | 婚前咨询 |
[05:29] | attending Sunday service for six months… | 还要连续六个月都参加礼拜 |
[05:32] | But Abishola goes to church every week. | 但是艾比希拉每周都会去教堂 |
[05:34] | Yes, she does. | 是啊 她是去的 |
[05:38] | Again, busy people. | 重申一下 很忙 |
[05:41] | The church is also busy. | 教堂也很忙 |
[05:43] | The sanctuary may not be available. | 圣所可能没空余 |
[05:45] | We’ve been renting it out to generate extra income. | 我们都租出去了 为了点额外收入 |
[05:48] | I see. | 明白了 |
[05:49] | The study room needs painting, | 学习室要油漆 |
[05:50] | there are books to buy, | 还要买书本 |
[05:52] | so many projects needed for the children. | 要为孩子们做很多工作 |
[05:55] | Say no more. | 不用再说了 |
[05:57] | Bob, what are you doing? | 鲍勃 你干什么 |
[05:59] | I’m helping the children. | 我要帮助孩子们 |
[06:02] | I cannot take your check. | 我不能收你的支票 |
[06:04] | Oh, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[06:06] | But God does accept Venmo. | 但是上帝接受维摩支付[支付平台] |
[06:10] | Get with the times, Bob. | 与时俱进点 鲍勃 |
[06:17] | Thank you, everyone, | 谢谢大家 |
[06:18] | for getting together on short notice. | 能这么临时过来一起 |
[06:20] | Mummy, can you hear okay? | 妈妈 你能听清吗 |
[06:21] | I can hear perfectly fine. | 我听得很清楚 |
[06:23] | How old do you think I am? | 你觉得我多老了 |
[06:26] | This is exciting. | 真是太刺激了 |
[06:28] | It’s like when the Avengers assemble. | 简直就像是复仇者集结 |
[06:31] | Have you not seen those movies? | 你没看过那电影吗 |
[06:33] | You are in for a treat. | 你一定会喜欢的 |
[06:35] | Okay. | 好了 |
[06:36] | Listen up, ladies, | 听好了 女士们 |
[06:37] | we need a reception venue, | 我们需要一个接待场所 |
[06:39] | flowers, food and a DJ who understands | 花 食物 还有一个 |
[06:42] | he is not the star of the show. | 知道自己不是焦点的DJ |
[06:44] | I am. | 就是我 |
[06:46] | Since there is not much time, | 由于时间不多 |
[06:47] | I thought I could buy my wedding dress here. | 我想着可以在这里买我的婚纱 |
[06:49] | Oh, yeah, uh, Abishola and I | 我和艾比希拉 |
[06:51] | have been going through, uh, some of the ones | 看了看一些我为 |
[06:54] | that I had picked out for my imaginary wedding. | 我想象中的婚礼挑选的婚纱 |
[06:57] | That’s nice. | 真好 |
[06:59] | I’m sorry, remind me of your name. | 很抱歉 你叫什么来着 |
[07:01] | Oh, hi. I’m Christina, Bob’s sister. | 你好 我叫克里斯蒂娜 鲍勃的妹妹 |
[07:04] | Yeah– it-it’s so nice to meet you. | 嗯 很高兴认识你 |
[07:06] | You as well. | 我也是 |
[07:07] | Is Olu there? | 奥卢在吗 |
[07:09] | I am here. | 我在 |
[07:10] | Could you please tell that woman to butt out? | 能让这个女人滚蛋吗 |
[07:13] | – Christina… – Yeah, I heard. | -克里斯蒂娜 -我听到了 |
[07:17] | Mummy, I know you wanted Bimpe to make the dress, | 妈妈 我知道你希望宾佩来做裙子 |
[07:20] | but it is not fair to rush her. | 但让她赶工太过分了 |
[07:23] | Bimpe has assured me that she will get it done. | 宾佩已经向我保证 她会做好的 |
[07:25] | But I’ve already found a couple that I like here in Detroit. | 但我已经在底特律找到几个我喜欢的了 |
[07:28] | I can show you. | 我可以给你看看 |
[07:29] | Olu? | 奥卢 |
[07:32] | Bimpe will make the dress. | 宾佩来做裙子 |
[07:36] | I thought my mom was stubborn. | 我还以为我妈够固执了呢 |
[07:38] | Who said that? | 谁说的 |
[07:41] | It was Christina. | 是克里斯蒂娜 |
[07:44] | No reason for both of us to be in trouble. | 没必要让我们俩都有麻烦 |
[07:48] | Hi there, uh, me again. | 你好 又是我 |
[07:50] | Look, we all trust… | 我们都信任… |
[07:52] | Bimpe. | 宾佩 |
[07:53] | My concern is with the international shipping company. | 我担心的是国际货运公司 |
[07:56] | I will bring the dress with me. | 我会亲自把裙子带过来 |
[07:58] | Well, what if, God forbid, | 如果 上帝保佑 |
[08:00] | something happens with your flight? | 你的航班出什么事呢 |
[08:02] | Olu? | 奥卢 |
[08:06] | If my sister or the dress cannot be there, | 要是我姐或这裙子来不了 |
[08:09] | there will be no wedding. | 那就没有婚礼了 |
[08:12] | Uh, I’m with Olu and laptop. | 我支持奥卢和笔记本电脑 |
[08:14] | I think the more authentic, the better. | 我觉得越传统越好 |
[08:17] | I’m going full African. | 我支持非洲 |
[08:19] | You are going to wear traditional Yoruba clothing? | 你要穿传统约鲁巴服装吗 |
[08:22] | Oh, yeah. I’m gonna deck out the wheelchair | 是啊 我要用贝壳和彩布 |
[08:25] | in seashells and kente cloth, | 装饰我的轮椅 |
[08:27] | and wear one of those big wraparound hats like Olu. | 再和奥卢一样戴上那种包布帽 |
[08:31] | Mom, that is offensive. | 妈妈 这话很冒犯 |
[08:33] | Why? | 为什么 |
[08:45] | Very nice, cousin. | 很不错啊 弟弟 |
[08:47] | I am never taking this off. | 我永远不会脱下来了 |
[08:50] | You look sharp, too, Tunde. | 你看上去也很棒 通德 |
[08:51] | Ah, I do. | 没错 |
[08:52] | I really do. | 的确如此 |
[08:56] | What do we think? | 怎么样 |
[08:57] | Splendid. | 很帅气 |
[08:59] | The black sets off your pale oatmeal skin. | 黑色衬托出你苍白的燕麦色皮肤 |
[09:03] | You’re like a handsome ghost. | 你就像一个帅气的鬼 |
[09:08] | Listen fellas, while we’re all here… | 伙计们 既然大家都来了 |
[09:10] | You guys have done so much for me and Abishola, | 你们为我和艾比希拉做了很多 |
[09:13] | I wanted to do a little something to show my appreciation. | 我也想为你们做点什么 以表感谢 |
[09:16] | – Aw, you shouldn’t have. – No way. | -不用这么客气的 -不用 |
[09:17] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[09:19] | Tunde, | 通德 |
[09:20] | your love and your loyalty has meant the world to me. | 你的爱和忠诚对我来说非常重要 |
[09:24] | Through all the ups and downs, | 尽管经历了各种起起伏伏 |
[09:25] | I felt you were always on my team. | 你永远在我这一队 |
[09:28] | Team Bob. | 鲍勃队 |
[09:30] | I’ll never get tired of hearing that. | 这话永远听不厌 |
[09:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:35] | Goodwin, you gave me advice every step of the way. | 古德温 我的每一步上都有你的建议 |
[09:37] | Not all of it good, but it was always from the heart. | 有的不一定对 但都是你真心的话 |
[09:41] | I was happy to look out for you, | 我很高兴能帮助你 |
[09:43] | like keeping a baby away from electric outlets. | 就像阻止一个婴儿去碰电插座 |
[09:46] | Kofo… | 科福 |
[09:50] | You may not know a lot about women, | 也许你对女人的了解不多 |
[09:52] | but you know a hell of a lot about friendship. | 但你确实很了解友谊 |
[09:55] | Without you, | 没有你 |
[09:55] | I wouldn’t be standing here. | 我也不会站在这里 |
[09:57] | I actually know quite a bit about women, | 其实我对女人了解很多 |
[09:59] | but you are welcome. | 但不客气 |
[10:07] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[10:10] | Where’s mine? | 我的呢 |
[10:11] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[10:12] | Oh, look at that. | 瞧瞧啊 |
[10:14] | You got ’em all watches? | 你给他们都买了手表 |
[10:16] | Well, without their help, I wouldn’t be marrying Abishola. | 没有他们的帮助 我不可能和艾比希拉结婚的 |
[10:18] | I helped, too. | 我也帮忙了 |
[10:20] | You told me not to pursue the relationship. | 你要我不要去追求这段感情 |
[10:22] | You made fun of me for even thinking about it. | 你还取笑我有这个想法 |
[10:24] | Somebody has to poke holes in it and see if it floats. | 总得有人戳一戳 看看能不能浮起来啊 |
[10:27] | Poking holes sinks things. | 一戳就会沉下去 |
[10:29] | You’re my brother, I love you. | 你是我弟弟 我爱你 |
[10:31] | A watch isn’t gonna change that. | 手表也改变不了什么 |
[10:33] | But it would’ve proved it. | 但那会证明啊 |
[10:35] | Beautiful watch, Bob. What… | 手表很漂亮 鲍勃 这… |
[10:38] | What are we talking, $800, $900? | 这要花多少钱 八百还是九百 |
[10:40] | $900. You nailed it. | 九百 猜对了 |
[10:42] | Well, I factored in that you would overpay | 我猜你肯定被宰了 |
[10:44] | by at least $200. | 至少200 |
[10:48] | Okay, give me the cash equivalent. | 好吧 给我等值的现金 |
[10:50] | – You don’t need the cash. – It’s the spirit in which it’s given. | -你不需要现金 -关键是里面包含的意义 |
[10:54] | Look, I’m sorry I didn’t get you a watch, okay? | 我很抱歉我没给你买表 |
[10:55] | It’s fine. | 没关系 |
[10:57] | Oh, by the way, maybe you should ask | 顺便 你可以问问 |
[10:59] | one of your special watch friends to be your best man. | 你最特别的手表朋友来做你的伴郎 |
[11:02] | Actually, I already asked… | 其实我已经问过… |
[11:03] | Oh, my God! | 我的天啊 |
[11:11] | Okay, so, this one is from Louisa’s Bakery. | 这是路易莎面包店的 |
[11:14] | It’s a simple vanilla sponge with white chocolate mousse | 简单的香草海绵蛋糕和白巧克力慕斯 |
[11:17] | and a raspberry drizzle. | 上面配树莓酱 |
[11:19] | Delicious. | 很美味 |
[11:21] | It is too sweet. | 太甜了 |
[11:23] | Uh, Mummy, how would you know? | 妈妈 你怎么知道 |
[11:25] | If he likes it that much, it has to be sweet. | 如果他这么喜欢 那肯定很甜 |
[11:28] | It is a little sweet. | 是有点甜 |
[11:30] | Okay, let her watch you eat the chocolate cake. | 让她看看你吃巧克力蛋糕 |
[11:33] | All right. | 好了 |
[11:38] | Okay, Mummy Ebun, what did I think of this one? | 埃布妈妈 你说这个怎么样 |
[11:41] | You like it because it is cake, but it does not wow you. | 你喜欢 因为蛋糕你都喜欢 但不惊艳 |
[11:45] | It’s like she’s in my mouth. | 她简直就像在我嘴巴里 |
[11:49] | Mummy, did you get the plane tickets? | 妈妈 你买到机票了吗 |
[11:51] | I did. First-class, very nice. | 买了 头等舱 很棒 |
[11:55] | I figured you wouldn’t come if you didn’t get the extra leg room. | 我猜你要是腿伸不开 肯定不会来 |
[11:58] | Ah, the man knows mother-in-laws as well as cakes. | 这家伙跟了解蛋糕一样了解自己的岳母啊 |
[12:02] | You should have Dele’s ticket as well. | 你应该也买了德勒的机票 |
[12:04] | Have you spoken to him or Tayo? | 你跟他或塔约聊过了吗 |
[12:06] | No. Have you not talked to them? | 没有 你跟他们聊过了吗 |
[12:07] | I did, | 聊过了 |
[12:08] | but it has been a few days. | 但那是几天前了 |
[12:10] | Well, I don’t have time to chase your son | 我没时间满镇子追 |
[12:12] | and his father around town. | 你儿子和他爸爸 |
[12:13] | I am busy planning a wedding. | 我忙着筹备婚礼 |
[12:15] | I’m sure it’s fine. | 肯定没事的 |
[12:17] | Oh, are you? | 真的吗 |
[12:18] | Is Tayo in your mouth as well? | 塔约也在你嘴里吗 |
[12:20] | Could we hurry this up, please? | 拜托能抓紧点时间吗 |
[12:22] | What about the one furthest on the left? | 最左边的那个怎么样 |
[12:24] | Oh, that’s the red velvet. | 那是红丝绒蛋糕 |
[12:26] | Oh! I love red velvet. | 我喜欢红丝绒蛋糕 |
[12:29] | That will be the cake. | 就选它了 |
[12:30] | Don’t you want Bob to taste it first? | 你不想让鲍勃先试吃一下吗 |
[12:31] | No need. I can tell by the way he is looking at it. | 没必要 我从他看蛋糕的眼神就能看出来 |
[12:36] | She’s not wrong. | 她说得没错 |
[12:43] | Welcome, gentlemen, to a grown man’s bachelor party. | 欢迎各位来到一位成熟男性的单身派对 |
[12:46] | Good food, great Scotch and fine cigars. | 美味的食物 上好威士忌和高级雪茄 |
[12:49] | Jalapeño poppers and pigs in a blanket? | 墨西哥辣椒和面包卷香肠 |
[12:52] | Tonight we eat like kings. | 今晚我们吃的是国王大餐 |
[12:54] | I can only eat like a king until 9:00, | 国王大餐我只能吃到九点 |
[12:57] | otherwise I get acid reflux. | 否则我的胃会返酸水的 |
[12:59] | Got you covered. We got an assortment of antacids | 早有准备 我们有各式各样的抗酸药 |
[13:01] | right next to the humidor. | 就放在雪茄盒旁边 |
[13:03] | Am I allowed to have a cigar? | 我可以来一只雪茄吗 |
[13:05] | Or are those just for the strangers you barely know? | 还是说这些是为那几个你不太了解的陌生人准备的 |
[13:07] | They’re for everybody. | 大家都可以抽 |
[13:09] | Not the Cuban. That one’s for Tunde. | 别拿古巴的 这是给通德准备的 |
[13:12] | You are too kind. | 你太客气了 |
[13:14] | Mr. Wheeler, we also have something for you. | 维勒先生 我们准备了礼物送给你 |
[13:16] | Aw, thanks guys. | 谢谢伙计们 |
[13:18] | Great. More gifts for people who aren’t me. | 太棒了 又有除我之外的人送礼了 |
[13:22] | A pocket square, handsewn of aso oke, | 一块口袋方巾 阿苏·奥克手工缝制 |
[13:25] | a coveted fabric native to our tribe. | 是我们部落特有的一种布料 |
[13:27] | When worn in the same color | 如果穿着同样颜色 |
[13:29] | and pattern, it symbolizes unity | 同样花纹的布料就代表着团结 |
[13:31] | and family. | 和家族 |
[13:33] | My brother. | 我的兄弟 |
[13:35] | I love it. Thank you. | 我很喜欢 谢谢 |
[13:37] | And this is a bottle of ogogoro, | 这是一瓶奥古古 |
[13:40] | fermented palm wine. | 发酵棕榈酒 |
[13:42] | It is Nigeria’s strongest liquor. | 它是尼日利亚最有劲的酒 |
[13:45] | It is said | 我们有个说法 |
[13:47] | that if a man can share a whole bottle | 如果一个男人能够 |
[13:49] | with those he considers brothers, | 和被他当成兄弟的人共享一瓶酒 |
[13:51] | he is ready for marriage. | 他就准备好步入婚姻了 |
[13:53] | Seriously, guys, this is amazing. | 说真的 各位 这太棒了 |
[13:57] | Just to be clear, Bob already has a brother. | 就是提醒大家一下 鲍勃已经有个弟弟了 |
[13:58] | I know it’s confusing | 我知道这很令人费解 |
[13:59] | because he doesn’t act like it. | 因为他表现得好像没有一样 |
[14:01] | Can I talk to you for a minute? | 我能跟你聊几分钟吗 |
[14:02] | Sure, but you’ll have to let me know when a minute’s up, | 当然 不过如果时间到了你们得告诉我一声 |
[14:04] | because I don’t have a watch. | 因为我没有手表 |
[14:07] | Oh, I remember many nights drinking this rocket fuel. | 我还记得我喝这个跟汽油差不多度数的酒的那些夜晚 |
[14:11] | I don’t remember any of them. | 我一点都不记得了 |
[14:14] | Look, I should have got you a watch, okay? I’m sorry. | 我应该也给你买块表的 对不起 |
[14:17] | No, you shouldn’t have, ’cause you clearly | 不 你不应该 因为你根本 |
[14:19] | didn’t think I deserved one. | 觉得我是应得的 |
[14:20] | I didn’t think you needed one, but I was wrong. | 我觉得你不需要 但是我错了 |
[14:23] | I was very, very wrong. | 我绝对绝对错了 |
[14:25] | No, you weren’t. | 不 你没错 |
[14:26] | Those guys earned their watches. | 那几个人绝对是有资格得到的 |
[14:28] | You said so in your heartfelt little speeches. | 你在你的演讲里面就是这么说的 |
[14:31] | Speeches? I was just talking. | 什么演讲 那只是聊天而已 |
[14:33] | Well, it was beautiful. | 讲得非常好 |
[14:35] | You’re an important part of this, too. | 你也是重要的一份子 |
[14:37] | Yeah, right. | 是啊 没错 |
[14:38] | Hey, I’m serious. | 喂 我是认真的 |
[14:40] | After my first marriage blew up, | 我第一段婚姻破碎以后 |
[14:41] | whose couch did I sleep on for three weeks? | 我是在谁家的沙发上睡了四个礼拜 |
[14:44] | Mine. | 我家的 |
[14:45] | And who pulled me up off that couch, | 是谁把我从那张沙发上拽起来 |
[14:47] | looked me in the eye and said, | 看着我的眼睛对我说 |
[14:48] | “You smell gross, dude. You got to do something.” | “你闻起来很恶心 你得做点什么了” |
[14:53] | – Me. – You. | -是我 -是你 |
[14:55] | You got me back out there. | 你让我重新振作 |
[14:57] | You laid the groundwork. | 你打好了基础 |
[14:58] | Without you, there is no Abishola. | 没有你 就不会有艾比希拉 |
[15:04] | I hear what you’re saying, man. | 我听见你说的了 哥们 |
[15:06] | I did deserve a watch. | 我确实值得送一块表 |
[15:08] | – How about a hug? – I’ll take it. | -一个拥抱怎么样 -我接受 |
[15:11] | Just make sure those guys see. | 一定要确保那几个家伙能看见 |
[15:13] | Thanks for everything, Douglas! | 谢谢你所做的一切 道格拉斯 |
[15:16] | I’m your brother, you don’t have to thank me. | 我是你的弟弟 你用不着感谢我 |
[15:20] | I’ll get it. | 我去开门 |
[15:22] | And just so you know, you’re in my will. | 顺便告诉你一声 你在我的遗嘱里 |
[15:24] | When I die, you get all my watches. | 等我死了 我的表都归你 |
[15:26] | – I don’t want to think about you dying. – All right. | -我不要去想你死了的事 -好吧 |
[15:29] | But how many watches are we talking about? | 但是你有多少块表来着 |
[15:31] | That is Mr. Wheeler. Mr. Wheeler, this is… | 这位是维勒先生 维勒先生这位是… |
[15:34] | Destiny. | 黛丝蒂妮 |
[15:35] | Ms. Destiny. | 黛丝蒂妮女士 |
[15:37] | Douglas, I said no strippers. | 道格拉斯 我说过不找脱衣舞女的 |
[15:38] | I was pissed off, I didn’t know we were gonna bond. | 我当时很生气 我不知道我们会和好 |
[15:41] | Hi, Destiny. How’s your mom? | 黛丝蒂妮 你妈妈好吗 |
[15:44] | Look, I’m sorry you had to come all the way out here. | 我很抱歉你大老远的跑一趟 |
[15:45] | Bob, please, tell me you are not about | 鲍勃 拜托 别告诉我你打算 |
[15:48] | to turn away a guest in your home. | 把上门来的客人拒之门外 |
[15:52] | Ms. Destiny, come, sit. | 黛丝蒂妮女士 来 请坐 |
[15:55] | We have food, we have drink, we have antacids. | 我们有吃的 有饮料 还有抗酸药 |
[16:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:05] | Tunde, why is there glitter on your pants? | 通德 为什么你的裤子上有亮片 |
[16:09] | Um, w-we… | 我…我们 |
[16:11] | we were doing arts and crafts at Bob’s bachelor party. | 我们在鲍勃的单身派对上做手工艺术品来着 |
[16:15] | Oh, did the stripper help you? | 脱衣舞女帮你一起做的吗 |
[16:19] | Who… wh-whose phone is that? | 这… 这是谁的电话在响 |
[16:22] | Uh, someone get the phone. | 赶紧接电话啊 |
[16:25] | It’s Tayo. | 是塔约 |
[16:29] | Hello? | 你好 |
[16:30] | E karo,Abishola. How are you? | 你好 艾比希拉 最近好吗 |
[16:33] | I am good. | 我很好 |
[16:34] | We need to talk about Dele’s travel arrangements. | 我们需要谈谈德勒的行程安排 |
[16:36] | Yes, we do. | 是的 确实 |
[16:40] | I think it’s best if Dele stays in Nigeria with me. | 我觉得德勒最好跟我一起留在尼日利亚 |
[16:44] | You would have him miss his own mother’s wedding? | 我想让他错过自己母亲的婚礼吗 |
[16:47] | Actually, | 事实上 |
[16:48] | I was talking about more than the wedding. | 我想说的不仅仅是婚礼 |
[16:50] | I think he should stay here for the foreseeable future. | 我认为他应该将来一直留在这里 |
[16:53] | What? | 什么 |
[16:54] | Abishola, he wants to stay here. | 艾比希拉 他想要留在这里 |
[16:57] | I know people, I can get him in the best schools in Lagos. | 我有关系 我能让他进拉各斯最好的学校 |
[17:00] | Put Dele on. | 让德勒接电话 |
[17:02] | I know this is hard to hear, but this is where he belongs. | 我知道你听了会不高兴 但是他属于这个地方 |
[17:05] | Tayo, put my son on the phone right now. | 塔约 现在让我的儿子接电话 |
[17:09] | Hold on. | 等一下 |
[17:12] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事了 |
[17:13] | He is trying to keep Dele in Nigeria. | 他想让德勒留在尼日利亚 |
[17:15] | – For the wedding? – Forever. | -在婚礼期间吗 -永远 |
[17:16] | Oluwa mi o. | 我的天啊 |
[17:18] | Mum? | 妈妈 |
[17:20] | Dele, answer me honestly. | 德勒 跟我说实话 |
[17:22] | Your father thinks you should stay in Nigeria. | 你父亲认为你应该留在尼日利亚 |
[17:24] | Is this something you want? | 这是你想要的吗 |
[17:29] | Dad says it’s for the best. | 爸爸说这是为了我好 |
[17:31] | But is it what he wants or what you want? | 但是这是他想要的还是你想要的 |
[17:35] | Dele? | 德勒 |
[17:37] | You heard him. He wants to stay. | 你听见他怎么说的了 他想留下 |
[17:40] | You have no right to do this. | 你没权利这么做 |
[17:42] | No right? I am his father. | 没权利 我是他的父亲 |
[17:44] | This is what is best for Dele. | 这是为了德勒好 |
[17:46] | – Tayo, please. – We will talk | -塔约 求你了 -等你冷静下来 |
[17:48] | more about this when you have calmed down. Goodbye. | 我们再继续谈 再见 |
[17:51] | What did he say? | 他怎么说 |
[18:03] | It’s okay. It’s okay. | 没事的 没事的 |
[18:15] | I’m so sorry we had to postpone the wedding. | 很抱歉咱们不得不推迟婚礼 |
[18:17] | Are you kidding? | 开什么玩笑 |
[18:19] | There can’t be a wedding without my best man. | 婚礼怎么可以没有我的伴郎在场 |
[18:22] | We’re gonna bring Dele home. | 我们会把德勒带回家的 |
[18:24] | Yes. We are. | 对 我们会的 |
[18:28] | I don’t want you to worry. | 你们放心好了 |
[18:29] | Olu and I will be there to fight for you. | 我和奥卢会和你们一起争取 |
[18:32] | Isn’t that right, Olu? | 我说得对吧 奥卢 |
[18:34] | I’m watching the Avengers. | 我在看复仇者联盟呢 |