时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | You are going to Nigeria this summer. | 这个暑假你得去尼日利亚 |
[00:04] | I am? | 是吗 |
[00:05] | You will behave and represent this family well. | 这样你才能好好地代表整个家族 |
[00:08] | You will also call me every day. | 你每天还要跟我打电话 |
[00:10] | Of course. | 当然 |
[00:11] | Before the plane takes off, after it lands, | 起飞前 落地后 |
[00:14] | before, during and after every car trip. | 每次车程前中后 |
[00:18] | Yes, Mum. | 好的 妈妈 |
[00:20] | It does not matter how things are | 我和你父亲的关系 |
[00:21] | with your father and me. | 并不重要 |
[00:23] | This trip will be good for you. | 这次旅行能给你带来好处 |
[00:25] | That is what matters. | 这才重要 |
[00:27] | Thank you, Mum. | 谢谢 妈妈 |
[00:28] | And I will never be against you. | 我永远不会伤害你 |
[00:31] | Okay, Mama. | 好了 妈妈 |
[00:38] | Be safe. | 保重 |
[00:41] | Yes, Mum. | 好的 妈妈 |
[00:44] | And, Dele… | 还有 德勒 |
[00:47] | …I will be watching everything you do. | 我会看着你做的一切 |
[00:55] | Hello, Mum. | 你好 妈妈 |
[00:57] | You look skinny. | 你看上去好瘦 |
[00:58] | – I’m fine. – Are you sure? | -我没事 -真的吗 |
[01:00] | Tell Granny to make you eba and okra stew. | 让外婆给你做点河豚和秋葵 |
[01:03] | You’ll be nice and chubby by the weekend. | 你到了这周末就又能胖胖的了 |
[01:06] | I haven’t seen Granny yet. | 我还没有见到外婆 |
[01:07] | Weren’t you supposed to see her yesterday? | 你不是昨天就该去见她了吗 |
[01:09] | Dad got us tickets to a football match. | 爸爸买了橄榄球比赛的票 |
[01:10] | Gran didn’t mind. | 外婆说没事 |
[01:11] | Was she smiling when she said that? | 她说的时候是不是在微笑 |
[01:13] | Because if she was, that means she does mind. | 因为如果是的话 那就说明有事 |
[01:17] | No, I can’t right now. I’m talking to my mum. | 不 现在不行 我在和妈妈说话 |
[01:19] | Who’s that? | 谁 |
[01:20] | Oh, that’s Bola. | 这是宝拉 |
[01:21] | Who is Bola? | 宝拉是谁 |
[01:22] | My sister. | 我的妹妹 |
[01:24] | – Do you want to say hi? – No. | -要打个招呼吗 -不要 |
[01:27] | – Oh, is that Dele? – Yes. | -是德勒吗 -是的 |
[01:30] | Look how skinny he is. | 瞧瞧都瘦成什么样了 |
[01:33] | Before he left, we should have fattened him up | 他走的时候应该先把他 |
[01:35] | like a Christmas goose. | 喂成圣诞肥鹅的 |
[01:37] | Dele, this is Morenike. | 德勒 这是麦若妮可 |
[01:40] | She will be renting your room while you are gone. | 你离开的这段时间里 她会租下你的房间 |
[01:42] | What? | 什么 |
[01:43] | – Hello, Morenike. – Hello, Dele. | -你好 麦若妮可 -你好 德勒 |
[01:45] | Hello, Morenike. Excuse us. | 你好 麦若妮可 回避一下 |
[01:49] | Why did you not tell me this? | 你们为什么没告诉过我 |
[01:51] | I’m sorry, when did this become your apartment? | 很抱歉 这什么时候成了你的房子了 |
[01:54] | I know you are sad at Dele being gone, | 我知道德勒不在 你很难过 |
[01:57] | but you can be happy knowing that his room | 但你要是知道他的房间现在不空 |
[01:59] | is not sitting empty, gobbling money. | 还在生钱 肯定会很高兴 |
[02:27] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[02:28] | Hey, good morning. | 早上好啊 |
[02:29] | I thought you’d have left for work already. | 我以为你早就去上班了 |
[02:31] | Oh, you’re right. | 你说得没错 |
[02:32] | I’m late. Better call my boss. | 我迟到了 最好给我老板打个电话 |
[02:34] | Hey, Bob, is it okay if I hang out with Abishola for a minute? | 鲍勃 我能不能和艾比希拉一起待一会儿 |
[02:38] | Very funny. | 很好笑 |
[02:38] | Do you mind? I’m on the phone with my boss. | 不好意思 我在和我老大说话呢 |
[02:43] | I should get your mother’s workout ready. | 我得准备好你妈妈的复健 |
[02:44] | – Actually, she just left. – What? | -她其实刚走 -什么 |
[02:46] | She and Christina went to Mom’s house | 她和克里斯蒂娜去妈妈家 |
[02:48] | to take care of some stuff. | 处理一些事了 |
[02:49] | Why didn’t you call me? | 你为什么不早点打电话告诉我 |
[02:50] | I just found out myself. | 我自己也才知道 |
[02:52] | When will they be back? | 她们什么时候回来 |
[02:53] | Not until later. | 要一会儿 |
[02:55] | So what am I supposed to do, | 那我该怎么办 |
[02:56] | be paid to sit around and do nothing? | 干坐着什么都不做 白拿钱吗 |
[02:58] | It’s the American dream. | 这就是美国梦啊 |
[03:01] | You know I cannot do that. | 你知道我不能这么做的 |
[03:03] | First there’s a stranger in Dele’s room, | 先是一个陌生人住进了德勒的房间 |
[03:04] | and now you have ruined my whole day. | 你现在又毁了我的一天 |
[03:06] | Wait, who’s in Dele’s room? | 等等 谁在德勒的房间里 |
[03:08] | Auntie and Uncle rented it out to a cousin. | 阿姨和叔叔租给了一个表侄女 |
[03:10] | What? You didn’t tell me that. | 什么 你都没告诉我 |
[03:11] | I just found out myself. | 我自己也才刚知道呢 |
[03:14] | Look, I’m sorry things got screwed up. | 听着 我很抱歉一切都乱了 |
[03:17] | But if you want, I could call my boss | 但如果你想 我可以打电话给我老板 |
[03:19] | and see if I could take the day off. | 问问我今天能不能请假 |
[03:21] | Don’t be ridiculous. | 别犯傻了 |
[03:22] | There’s no reason for the both of us to be useless. | 没必要让我们俩都变成没用的家伙 |
[03:33] | You got this, Christina. | 你可以的 克里斯蒂娜 |
[03:35] | Almost there. You can do it. | 快到了 你可以的 |
[03:42] | Mission accomplished. | 任务完成 |
[03:47] | – Now, was that so hard? – Yeah. | -很难吗 -嗯 |
[03:50] | It was very hard. | 很难的 |
[03:52] | Yeah, well, try carrying the whole family on your back. | 你试试背上整家人 |
[03:54] | See how that feels. | 看看是什么感受 |
[03:56] | Listen, will you get me that blue box in the closet? | 能不能把衣柜里那个蓝色的盒子拿出来 |
[03:59] | It’s on the top shelf. | 就在最上面的架子上 |
[04:01] | You made me carry you up an entire flight of stairs | 你让我背你爬上了这么多级台阶 |
[04:03] | to grab you a box? | 就为了拿个盒子 |
[04:05] | Couldn’t I have just brought it down to you? | 就不能让我直接带给你吗 |
[04:07] | Hindsight’s 20/20, sweetie. | 现在耍什么小聪明 亲爱的 |
[04:13] | Oh, boy. | 天啊 |
[04:15] | It’s, um, been a while, huh? | 好久没来了啊 |
[04:19] | Yep. | 是的 |
[04:21] | I guess the last time you were here was P.S. | 上次你在这里还是PS的时候 |
[04:26] | PS P.S.? | |
[04:28] | pre-stroke. | 中风前 |
[04:32] | Cute. | 好笑 |
[04:34] | I bet you miss this place. | 你肯定很想这个地方吧 |
[04:36] | Oh, it’s just a house. | 只是一个房子而已 |
[04:38] | Yeah, but it’s your house. | 嗯 但这是你的家啊 |
[04:42] | Not for long. | 以后就不是了 |
[04:43] | Oh, come on, Mom. | 拜托 妈妈 |
[04:45] | I don’t think God’s in any rush to get you to heaven. | 我觉得上帝可不想急着召你进天堂 |
[04:49] | I’m not dying. I’m selling the place. | 我又不是要死了 我只是要卖掉这地方 |
[04:52] | What? | 什么 |
[04:54] | You-you can’t just sell the house. | 你不能卖掉这个地方 |
[04:56] | Now, don’t get all Christina on me. | 别对我来这套克里斯蒂娜式表演 |
[04:59] | But this is our family home. | 但这是我们家的房子 |
[05:01] | We should discuss this as a family. | 我们应该一家人一起讨论 |
[05:06] | Pass. | 不要 |
[05:09] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:11] | I think I know where this is coming from. | 我觉得我知道是怎么回事了 |
[05:15] | There have been a lot of changes this past year, | 过去的一年里发生了很多改变 |
[05:18] | a lot of stuff that you can’t do anything about, | 有很多让你无能为力的事 |
[05:22] | so you want to have control over this one thing. | 所以你想要掌控这唯一的一件事 |
[05:27] | You know, for someone so young, you’re very insightful. | 你这么年轻 却这么犀利 |
[05:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[05:43] | It is a wonderful place that has anything | 那个地方很不错 能满足你 |
[05:46] | you could possibly need for your daily life. | 日常生活的任何所需 |
[05:49] | What is it called again? | 叫什么来着 |
[05:50] | Costco. | 好市多 |
[05:51] | Yes. | 没错 |
[05:52] | We will take you. | 我们会带你去 |
[05:54] | The first time can be an overwhelming experience. | 一开始你可能会觉得很逛不过来 |
[05:58] | Thank you for letting me stay here. | 谢谢你们让我住在这里 |
[05:59] | And giving me this guidance. | 还带我逛 |
[06:02] | Much like Costco, | 我们和好市多一样 |
[06:03] | we have wisdom in bulk. | 人多力量大 |
[06:07] | I love this American stew. What is it called? | 我喜欢这个美国炖菜 叫什么 |
[06:09] | It is not American. This is ogbono. | 这不是美国的 这就是山药芒果汤 |
[06:15] | Well, whatever it is, | 不管这是什么 |
[06:16] | it is wonderful. | 真是太好吃了 |
[06:21] | Perhaps I should make you something else? | 也许我该给你弄点别的吃的 |
[06:24] | Oh, no, Auntie. | 不 阿姨 |
[06:25] | I just need to get used to America’s more subdued flavors. | 我只是需要习惯美式温和的口感 |
[06:29] | Subdued? | 温和 |
[06:32] | I think it is very smart you have | 我觉得你选择融入这文化 |
[06:33] | immersed yourself in the culture, | 真的是非常聪明 |
[06:35] | with the mild food, the American decorations. | 食物味道温和 还有美式的装饰 |
[06:40] | Even your accents. | 连你们的口音也是 |
[06:42] | What is wrong with our accents? | 我们的口音怎么了 |
[06:44] | Oh, nothing. | 没什么 |
[06:45] | I love the way you say “Ogbono.” | 我喜欢你说”闪耀芒果”的时候 |
[06:47] | Ogbono. | 闪耀芒果 |
[06:49] | Ogbono. | 山药芒果 |
[06:52] | – Ogbono. – Ogbono. | -山药芒果 -闪耀芒果 |
[06:54] | Og-bo-no! | 山 药 芒 果 |
[06:58] | Never mind. | 算了 |
[06:59] | Just pass the fufu. | 把馥馥糕递给我 |
[07:02] | Fufu. | 馥馥糕 |
[07:03] | I just love your American accents. | 我太爱你的美国口音了 |
[07:20] | Hello? | 哈喽 |
[07:23] | The wife? | 你老婆 |
[07:24] | Yes. | 是的 |
[07:25] | She hang up on you? | 她挂你电话 |
[07:27] | Yes. | 是的 |
[07:30] | You know, before I dated Abishola, | 在我和艾比希拉谈恋爱之前 |
[07:32] | I would’ve said call her right back, but now… | 我会告诉你现在就给她打回去 但是现在… |
[07:34] | You have to let them stew. | 你得让她们自己憋一会儿 |
[07:36] | You have to let ’em stew. | 你得让她们自己憋一会儿 |
[07:38] | Like a tough cut of beef. | 就像炖一块不好切的牛肉 |
[07:41] | Doesn’t ignoring them just make them angrier? | 不理她们 她们不就更生气了吗 |
[07:43] | That would be impossible. | 那是不可能的 |
[07:44] | Nigerian women start out furious | 尼日利亚的女性最开始是勃然大怒 |
[07:46] | and make their way down to, | 然后一路下降到 |
[07:48] | “I will not kill you in your sleep.” | “我不会趁你睡着杀了你的” |
[07:51] | Yeah, the trick is to diffuse the situation | 窍门就在于 要在她们有机会开始生气之前 |
[07:53] | before she has a chance to get mad. | 就把问题解决掉 |
[07:55] | How do you do that? | 你怎么做到这一点的 |
[07:56] | Yeah, that’s the piece of the puzzle | 问题是这一小片拼图 |
[07:57] | I haven’t figured out yet. | 我还没想好应该怎么拼 |
[07:59] | Oh, I love puzzles. | 我喜欢拼图 |
[08:01] | You’re kidding. Me, too. | 没开玩笑吧 我也喜欢 |
[08:03] | I recently finished a breathtaking one of marine life. | 我最近完成了一幅特别美的海洋生物拼图 |
[08:06] | Ah, that’s a lot of blue. | 那肯定有很多蓝色的片 |
[08:08] | I started with the objects: coral, | 我是从这些东西开始拼的 珊瑚 |
[08:11] | clown fish, the diver’s flippers. | 小丑鱼 潜水员的脚蹼 |
[08:13] | Smart. | 聪明 |
[08:15] | What? | 怎么了 |
[08:16] | You two need girlfriends. | 你们两个需要女朋友了 |
[08:20] | They could help with the puzzles. | 她们可以帮忙拼拼图 |
[08:22] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[08:24] | Oh, my God, we do need girlfriends. | 我的天啊 我们确实需要女朋友了 |
[08:30] | I did a surprise Taco Tuesday on a Thursday. | 我在周二就提前进行了周四塔可日 |
[08:33] | Ooh, girl, you’re out of control. | 妹子 你已经疯了 |
[08:36] | – Abishola. – Hello. | -艾比希拉 -哈喽 |
[08:38] | What are you doing here? You don’t have work today. | 你怎么在这里 你今天不上班啊 |
[08:40] | I was not needed at Bob’s house, | 鲍勃家今天不需要我 |
[08:42] | so I came by to see if I could pick up some extra hours. | 所以我过来看看能不能加个班 |
[08:44] | Wait, you had the day off from work, | 等等 你今天明明休息 |
[08:47] | so you came to work to ask for more work? | 但是你到工作的地方要求更多的工作 |
[08:50] | Yes. | 是的 |
[08:51] | This is a hospital. | 这是一家医院 |
[08:53] | You come here if you’re being paid or dying. | 除非你是被花钱雇来的或者马上要死了 |
[08:55] | Leave this place immediately. | 不然马上离开这个地方 |
[08:57] | Go. | 快走 |
[08:58] | I’m just not good at being worthless. | 我就是不擅长当一个无用之人 |
[09:01] | How do the two of you do it? | 你们俩是怎么做到的 |
[09:04] | Well, first of all, don’t call it worthless. | 首先 不要管自己叫无用之人 |
[09:07] | And second, I go to a museum or a ball game. | 其次 我会去博物馆或者舞厅 |
[09:12] | Gloria and I sometimes go to the jazz club. | 我和格洛里亚有时候会去爵士俱乐部 |
[09:15] | Yeah, we get all dressed up, have a couple of cocktails. | 我们打扮得漂漂亮亮的 喝上几杯鸡尾酒 |
[09:18] | – It’s fun. – Good worthless fun. | -特别有意思 -无用之人专享快乐 |
[09:20] | Fine, I’ll go with you tonight. | 好吧 我今晚跟你们一起去 |
[09:22] | Tonight? | 今晚 |
[09:23] | Oh, I-I would have to change some things around. | 我可能得改一下本来的计划 |
[09:25] | Okay. Change those things. What time? | 好啊 改吧 什么时候 |
[09:30] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[09:33] | Aw, what the hell. | 管它呢 |
[09:34] | Let’s keep this crazy Taco Thursday train running. | 让周四塔可日来得更猛烈些吧 |
[09:38] | But if you do this, | 但是如果你去了 |
[09:39] | you will have to adhere to some rules. | 有几个规则你必须得遵守 |
[09:41] | I like rules. | 我喜欢规则 |
[09:43] | First off, we know the music’s loud. | 首先 我们知道音乐很吵 |
[09:45] | – Don’t keep saying it. – Okay. | -别没完没了地提这事 -好 |
[09:47] | And don’t count how many drinks I’ve had. | 别数我喝了多少杯酒 |
[09:49] | I already know it’s too many. | 我已经知道我喝得太多了 |
[09:51] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:51] | And don’t be one of those women that flirts with the musicians. | 别去干跟乐师调情这种事 |
[09:55] | That’s my thing. | 这是我的专享 |
[09:57] | And don’t play air instruments along with the band. | 还有不能跟着乐队弹空气吉他 |
[10:00] | That’s my thing. | 这是我的专享 |
[10:04] | Oh… wait. | 等等 |
[10:06] | You can’t throw these away. | 你不能把这个扔掉 |
[10:08] | These are my first ballet slippers. | 这是我第一双芭蕾舞鞋 |
[10:11] | Are you gonna cry at every piece of junk | 我们每从盒子里拿出一样东西 |
[10:12] | we take out of these boxes? | 你都得哭一场吗 |
[10:15] | No. | 没有 |
[10:19] | Christina. | 克里斯蒂娜 |
[10:20] | Well, I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[10:22] | You’re feeling better. | 你已经好转了 |
[10:24] | You can move back in soon. | 很快就可以搬回来住 |
[10:26] | Why can’t you just stay here till you die? | 你为什么不能一直待在这里一直到死呢 |
[10:29] | Because I’ll be alone. | 因为我会独自一人 |
[10:31] | By the time you kids figure out I’m dead, | 等你们几个孩子意识到我死了的时候 |
[10:33] | I’ll already be haunting the next family. | 我已经变成鬼在吓唬邻居们了 |
[10:35] | We-We’ll hire a cleaning lady. | 我们雇一个清洁工 |
[10:38] | She’ll find the body. | 她会发现尸体的 |
[10:40] | All I’m saying is, none of you came around P.S. | 我想说的是 你们PS都没来过 |
[10:43] | PS P.S.? | |
[10:44] | “Pre-stroke.” It’s your stupid term. | “中风之前” 这不是你发明的词吗 |
[10:47] | We saw you all the time. | 我们经常和你见面 |
[10:49] | At work. Because you were paid to. | 上班的时候 因为是我给你们发薪水 |
[10:51] | And it was a job that came with benefits: seeing you. | 这个工作的福利之一就是 可以见到你 |
[10:57] | Knock it off. | 别闹了 |
[10:59] | All of you left this house the minute you could | 你们几个一旦有条件之后马上就离开了这个房子 |
[11:01] | and you never looked back. | 连头都不回 |
[11:03] | Now it’s my turn. | 现在轮到我了 |
[11:05] | Okay, I get it. You were lonely. | 好啦 我懂的 你觉得孤单了 |
[11:09] | But what if I moved back in here with you? | 但是假如我搬回来跟你一起住呢 |
[11:13] | You’d do that? | 你愿意吗 |
[11:15] | No. | 不愿意 |
[11:24] | If we weren’t already engaged, | 要不是我们已经订婚了 |
[11:25] | I’d say you were out of my league. | 我想说我根本配不上你啊 |
[11:27] | – You can still say it. – Hey, stand there. | -你现在也可以这么说 -站到那边去 |
[11:29] | Let me take your picture. | 我来给你拍张照 |
[11:31] | Uh, you know what? I don’t like the lighting. Move over there. | 这里的光线我不满意 站到那边去 |
[11:33] | – Bob. – I’m just excited. | -鲍勃 -我太激动了 |
[11:36] | You’re going out with the girls. You never go out with the girls. | 你要跟你的女朋友们出去 你从来没跟她们出去玩过 |
[11:41] | They’re here. It’s happening. | 她们来了 真的要发生了 |
[11:47] | Hello, Bob | 你好 鲍勃 |
[11:48] | Wow, you ladies look wonderful. | 几位女士今晚太美了 |
[11:50] | – Thank you. – Wait, smile. | -谢谢 -等等 笑一个 |
[11:53] | Uh, I don’t like the lighting. Move over there. | 这个光线我不满意 站到那边去 |
[11:55] | Bob, let them in. | 鲍勃 让她们进来 |
[12:01] | Oh, look at you. | 看看你啊 |
[12:02] | Look at you. | 看看你啊 |
[12:03] | Look at us. | 看看我们啊 |
[12:06] | Boom. Can I get you ladies anything before you go? Wine? | 你们出门之前想来杯喝的吗 红酒 |
[12:10] | Beer? Mixed drink? | 啤酒 调酒 |
[12:11] | I don’t think we have time for that. | 我觉得我们没时间喝东西了 |
[12:12] | Do you have champagne? | 你有香槟吗 |
[12:14] | I can rustle up some bubbles. | 我可以开一瓶香槟 |
[12:16] | I’ll have a glass. | 我来一杯 |
[12:17] | We should get going. We don’t want to be late | 我们该出门了 我们的无用人之夜 |
[12:19] | for our worthless night out. | 可不能迟到 |
[12:21] | Wrong. We don’t want to be early. | 错了 我们不想早到 |
[12:23] | The only people who show up to the club early | 提前到俱乐部的人 |
[12:25] | are tourists and prostitutes. | 只有游客和妓女 |
[12:27] | And you certainly aren’t… tourists. | 你们很显然… 不是游客 |
[12:32] | Sorry, just excited. | 抱歉 太激动了 |
[12:35] | Well, this is nice. | 这很好啊 |
[12:36] | All we need now is some music. | 我们现在就缺点音乐了 |
[12:38] | Hold, please. | 请稍等 |
[12:41] | All right, Sock Man. | 像样啊 袜子男 |
[12:47] | Bob, I can always count on you for the good stuff. | 鲍勃 你这里总能找到好东西 |
[12:49] | Only the best for my gal’s pals. | 我女朋友的朋友当然值得最好的 |
[12:51] | Seriously, make yourselves at home | 说真的 别见外 |
[12:53] | and hang out for as long as you want. | 想待多长时间都行 |
[12:56] | Are you sure about that? | 你确定吗 |
[12:58] | Una margarita for la señorita. | 给这位女士来一杯玛格丽特 |
[13:00] | Gracias. | 谢谢 |
[13:01] | Our house Cabernet. | 招牌解百纳红酒 |
[13:03] | Thank you, dear. | 谢谢 亲爱的 |
[13:04] | And an old fashioned. | 还有最传统的 |
[13:05] | Thank you, Sock Man. | 谢谢 袜子男 |
[13:06] | – Bob, this is so sweet. – No problem. | -鲍勃 这太甜了 -不用客气 |
[13:09] | No, I am telling you it is too sweet. | 不是 我告诉你这酒太甜了 |
[13:10] | Make it again. | 重做一杯 |
[13:18] | Okay, okay. | 好了 好了 |
[13:20] | Famous Bobs. Marley. | 有名的鲍勃 鲍勃·马利 |
[13:23] | Uh, Newhart. | 鲍勃·纽哈特 |
[13:24] | Wheeler. | 鲍勃·威勒 |
[13:26] | Bob Wheeler is a nobody. | 鲍勃·威勒是个无名之辈 |
[13:28] | – Drink! – Drink! | -喝 -喝 |
[13:29] | He is my nobody. | 他是我的无名之辈 |
[13:35] | Next category. | 下一类 |
[13:36] | Nigerian students who were accepted into every Ivy League school. | 被所有常青藤学校录取的尼日利亚学生 |
[13:41] | Harold Ekeh. | 哈罗德·埃克 |
[13:44] | Oludamilola Oluwadara Adekeye. | 欧鲁达米卢拉·欧鲁瓦达拉·阿德科耶 |
[13:48] | Oh, come on, y’all. | 拜托 |
[13:49] | – Drink! – Drink! | -喝 -喝 |
[13:52] | This is so much fun. | 这太有意思了 |
[13:54] | Yeah. It’s nice to see you cut loose for once. | 是啊 能见你放松一次真不错 |
[13:57] | You may not believe me, | 你可能不会相信 |
[13:58] | but Abishola used to be the life of the party. | 但艾比希拉曾是派对的灵魂人物 |
[14:01] | I don’t believe you. | 我不相信 |
[14:02] | Old Abishola told jokes, | 以前的艾比希拉会讲笑话 |
[14:04] | sang, she was a beautiful dancer. | 唱歌 更会跳舞 |
[14:06] | What? | 什么 |
[14:07] | But she died a slow, boring death many, many years ago. | 但那个她在很多年前就慢慢无趣地死去了 |
[14:12] | When I had Dele, | 我怀德勒的时候 |
[14:13] | Tayo and I were already struggling to get by. | 塔约和我已经同床异梦 |
[14:15] | Then Tayo left | 然后塔约离开了 |
[14:16] | and I didn’t have time for foolish things anymore. | 我再没时间去做那些蠢事了 |
[14:19] | Sometime life just gets in the way, huh? | 有时生活会让你无暇玩乐 是吧 |
[14:23] | I love this song. | 我爱这首歌 |
[14:26] | Oh, here we go. | 开始了 |
[14:37] | What is wrong? | 怎么了 |
[14:39] | I-I had some of the food that Morenike brought. | 我吃了些麦若妮可带来的食物 |
[14:42] | I have one word for it. | 我只有一个词要说 |
[14:48] | It’s not you. | 不是你的关系 |
[14:49] | The girl has the devil’s taste buds. | 那姑娘有着恶魔的味蕾 |
[14:51] | It was so embarrassing, | 太难堪了 |
[14:53] | sweating and crying in front of her. | 在她面前被辣得满头大汗泪流满面 |
[14:56] | You have nothing to be embarrassed about. | 你没什么可难堪的 |
[14:58] | We spent more time in Nigeria than she has been alive. | 我们在尼日利亚待的时间比她活的时间都长 |
[15:01] | I marched for my country’s independence. | 我为祖国的独立游行过 |
[15:03] | And I was almost Miss Lagos. | 我差点就当上”拉各斯小姐”了 |
[15:05] | Well, if the water commissioner’s daughter had not entered, | 如果水务专员的女儿没参加 |
[15:08] | you would have won. | 你肯定就当上了 |
[15:09] | If I’d known his bribe was going to be that big, | 如果我知道他会花那么多钱贿赂 |
[15:11] | I would not have learned to juggle. | 我就不学杂耍了 |
[15:14] | Nigeria is in our bones. | 尼日利亚在我们的骨子里 |
[15:16] | Uh, no matter how we speak, h-how we eat, | 不管我们怎样说话 怎样饮食 |
[15:19] | or how much time spent away. | 或是离开了多久 |
[15:21] | Nothing can change what is in our hearts. | 没有东西能改变我们心中的感情 |
[15:24] | Nothing. | 没有东西 |
[15:26] | Tunde, look at the time. | 通德 你看看时间 |
[15:28] | Oh, The Masked Singer is on. | 《蒙面歌手》开始了 |
[15:30] | Oh, I’ll make the Jiffy Pop. | 我去做爆米花 |
[15:32] | Who do you think they will unmask tonight? | 你觉得他们今晚会揭开谁的面具 |
[15:34] | The giant pelican. | “巨鹈鹕” |
[15:35] | And I am convinced it is Macaulay Culkin. | 我觉得他是麦考利·卡尔金 |
[15:41] | What has happened to me? | 我这是怎么了 |
[15:44] | I know the star of Home Alone, | 我知道《小鬼当家》的主演 |
[15:46] | yet I cannot pronounce “Ogbono.” | 却说不好”山月芒果汤” |
[15:57] | Ogbono. | 山药芒果汤 |
[16:03] | How’s the fried rice? | 炒饭怎么样 |
[16:04] | Pretty good. | 很不错 |
[16:07] | I know you don’t think I was the best mother. | 我知道你不觉得我是最棒的母亲 |
[16:17] | No. I… I just thought there was more. | 不 我只是觉得你还没说完 |
[16:19] | There is, but I thought there would be some protest. | 确实 但我以为你会反驳一下 |
[16:22] | Just to be polite. | 出于礼貌 |
[16:24] | You are the best mother. | 你是最棒的母亲 |
[16:27] | You’re lying, but it’s still nice to hear. | 你在说谎 但我还是喜欢听 |
[16:32] | You know, it’s been kind of great | 住在鲍勃那里 |
[16:34] | spending so much time with you kids while I’ve been at Bob’s. | 和你们朝夕相处挺不错的 |
[16:36] | It has been. | 确实不错 |
[16:38] | In a weird way, | 虽有些奇怪 |
[16:39] | I feel like the stroke has given me a second chance. | 我觉得中风给了我第二次机会 |
[16:42] | It’s given all of us a second chance. | 是给了我们所有人第二次机会 |
[16:46] | And for the record, you weren’t so horrible. | 我要说 你以前也不是那么糟 |
[16:50] | Go back to lying. | 你还是说谎吧 |
[16:51] | No, I mean, you didn’t bake cookies or check my homework, | 不 你是不会烤饼干或是检查我的作业 |
[16:55] | and you kind of missed a lot of what my therapist called | 你还缺席了很多我心理医生嘴中的 |
[16:59] | “Significant milestones.” | “重要里程碑” |
[17:02] | Bring it home, will you? | 你怎么不再狠点 |
[17:04] | But after Dad died, I saw you pull yourself together | 但在老爸死后 我看到你打起精神 |
[17:09] | and get up and go back to MaxDot. | 振作起来回到麦克斯多特 |
[17:12] | I really didn’t have much choice. | 我当时别无选择 |
[17:15] | You did. | 你有的 |
[17:16] | You could have broken down and curled up in a ball. | 你可以自怨自艾 缩起来舔伤口 |
[17:20] | But you ran the business. | 但你把公司经营了下去 |
[17:23] | You kept us afloat. | 让我们衣食无忧 |
[17:25] | Thank you, honey. | 谢了 亲爱的 |
[17:27] | You know, | 你知道 |
[17:28] | the few things I like about myself, | 为数不多我喜欢自己的地方 |
[17:32] | I get from you. | 都是遗传自你 |
[17:33] | You know, your strength, your work ethic. | 你的坚韧 你的职业道德 |
[17:37] | You never take no for an answer. | 你从不接受拒绝 |
[17:38] | Neither do you. | 你也是 |
[17:39] | Yeah. And I have the restraining orders to prove it. | 是啊 而且我身上的限制令也能证明这一点 |
[17:44] | Ooh, that’s my jam. | 这是我的歌 |
[17:46] | All right, get up, y’all. | 好了 都起来 |
[17:47] | Let me see if y’all know this dance. | 让我看看你们会不会这个舞 |
[17:48] | Abishola doesn’t dance. | 艾比希拉不跳舞 |
[17:50] | Normally that is true, but I have been drinking. | 一般来说是这样 但我喝酒了 |
[17:55] | Come on, y’all, help me move this table out the way. | 来吧 帮我把这张桌子挪走 |
[17:57] | Come on, come on, push, push, push. | 快来 快来 推推推 |
[18:00] | All right, y’all. We gonna do the Detroit Hustle. | 好了 我们跳底特律哈娑舞 |
[18:02] | You got it? Follow me. | 准备好了吗 跟着我 |
[18:05] | Here we go. And salsa. | 走起 萨尔萨 |
[18:07] | And out and up and salsa. | 外踢 上踢 萨尔萨 |
[18:10] | And toe and toe, | 脚趾 脚趾 |
[18:11] | and cross, cross, cross, cross, slide. | 交叉交叉交叉交叉 滑 |
[18:13] | Cross, cross, cross, cross, slide. | 交叉交叉交叉交叉 滑 |
[18:15] | Slow down, slow down, slow down. | 慢点 慢点 慢点 |
[18:17] | Oh, no, the liquor has stolen my rhythm. | 不 酒精偷去了我的节奏感 |
[18:20] | I do not think it’s the liquor. | 我不觉得是酒精 |
[18:23] | All right, I got mixers and snacks. | 好了 我拿来了调酒饮料和零食 |
[18:25] | And I had this piñata in my garage, | 我车库里放着这个皮纳塔 |
[18:27] | and I thought, “I’ll just bring it over.” | 然后我就想 “我把它也带过去吧” |
[18:29] | Great. I need you to walk those drinks out, | 太棒了 我需要你把这些酒端过去 |
[18:31] | and we’re 86’ed on ice. | 还有我们没冰了 |
[18:32] | Copy. | 收到 |
[18:34] | Oh, oh. It’s Dele, it’s Dele. | 是德勒 是德勒 |
[18:36] | Bob, please turn down the music. | 鲍勃 请把音乐调小些 |
[18:39] | Hello, Dele. | 你好 德勒 |
[18:40] | E kaale, Mum. | 你好 妈 |
[18:42] | Did you have a good day? | 你今天过得好吗 |
[18:43] | Oh, it’s, uh, it’s morning here. | 这边是早上 |
[18:45] | Oh. It is. | 对啊 |
[18:48] | When you get back, | 等你回来 |
[18:49] | you have to help me learn this dance that Gloria knows. | 你得帮我学格洛里亚会的这支舞 |
[18:52] | You want me to help you dance? | 你想让我帮你跳舞 |
[18:54] | Ah, Dele doesn’t think I know how to dance, either. | 德勒也不觉得我会跳舞 |
[18:58] | That’s because you cannot. | 那是因为你本来就不会 |
[19:01] | You are laughing at your mother. | 你在嘲笑你妈 |
[19:03] | No, I’m just happy to see you happy. | 不是 我只是为你高兴而高兴 |
[19:06] | And I am happy that you are happy that I am happy. | 我为你为我高兴而高兴 |
[19:11] | Oh, I love you, Dele. | 我爱你 德勒 |
[19:13] | I miss you very much. | 我好想你 |
[19:17] | I love you, too, Mum. | 我也爱你 妈 |
[19:18] | You do? | 是吗 |
[19:19] | Yes. | 是的 |
[19:20] | Good. I love my mother, but I do not like her. | 很好 我爱我妈 但我不喜欢她 |
[19:24] | Do you like me? | 你喜欢我吗 |
[19:25] | Okay, that’s enough. | 好了 够了 |
[19:27] | Bye-bye, Dele. | 拜拜 德勒 |
[19:28] | But I want to talk to my son. | 但我想和我儿子说话 |
[19:30] | I’m saving you. | 我在救你 |
[19:31] | You must never tell your children the truth. | 你绝不能跟你孩子说实话 |
[19:37] | I’m glad Mum is having a good time. | 我真高兴我妈玩得开心 |
[19:39] | Maybe too good a time. | 也许太开心了 |
[19:41] | Another reason why you should stay here with me. | 另一个你该和我住在这里的理由 |
[19:55] | I hope you enjoy the soup. | 我希望你们喜欢这个汤 |
[19:57] | I tried to make it less spicy for you. | 我试着为你们做成少辣的了 |
[19:59] | Yes, very mild. | 嗯 非常温和 |
[20:04] | Here, have more pepper. | 给 再加点胡椒粉 |
[20:06] | Oh. No, please. | 不了 |
[20:08] | Ladies first. | 女士优先 |
[20:12] | How thoughtful. | 真体贴 |
[20:15] | It is so enjoyable going in. | 吃进去的时候好爽 |
[20:18] | I’m sure it will be just as enjoyable coming out. | 我敢说排出时也会同样爽 |