时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Kaale, Mum. | 晚上好 妈妈 |
[00:07] | This is how you fold the shirts? | 你就这么叠衣服的 |
[00:11] | When my mother sees this, | 如果我妈妈看见了 |
[00:13] | she will think I did not raise you properly. | 她会觉得我没有好好管教你 |
[00:15] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[00:19] | You are going to Nigeria this summer. | 这个暑假你得去尼日利亚 |
[00:21] | I am? | 是吗 |
[00:22] | You will behave | 这样你才能 |
[00:23] | and represent this family well. | 好好地代表整个家族 |
[00:26] | You also call me every day. | 你每天还要跟我打电话 |
[00:28] | Of course. | 当然 |
[00:28] | Before the plane takes off, after it lands. | 起飞前 落地后 |
[00:31] | Before, during and after every car trip. | 每次车程前中后 |
[00:35] | Yes, Mum. | 好的 妈妈 |
[00:40] | Your Auntie Fowoke will love this blender. | 你的福沃克阿姨肯定会喜欢这个搅拌机 |
[00:42] | I saw it on QVC. | 我在电视购物上看到的 |
[00:43] | It can chop concrete. | 它都能搅拌水泥 |
[00:46] | This one’s better than ours. | 这比我们家的还好 |
[00:48] | Of course it is. We don’t need something this nice. | 当然了 我们不需要这么高级的东西 |
[00:50] | – But they do? – Yes. | -但他们需要吗 -对 |
[00:52] | So they see how well we are doing in America. | 这样他们就知道我们在美国过得有多好了 |
[00:56] | We can show off with expensive electronics | 我们可以用昂贵的电器产品炫耀 |
[00:58] | or successful doctor children. | 或成功的医生孩子 |
[01:01] | So, | 所以 |
[01:01] | until you get your medical license, | 在你获得医生执照前 |
[01:03] | you will be our tiny pack mule. | 你就是我们的小骡子 |
[01:08] | A Nintendo Switch? | 任天堂游戏机 |
[01:09] | I asked for one for my birthday. | 我之前生日就想要的 |
[01:11] | And you did not get it because they are ridiculous. | 你没得到 是因为这玩意太可笑了 |
[01:13] | But thank you for your inspiration. | 但谢谢你给我们灵感 |
[01:16] | Don’t forget the computer for Adeloba | 别忘了给阿德洛巴的电脑 |
[01:18] | – and the telescope. – Ah. All packed. | -和望远镜 -都装好了 |
[01:21] | And every kind of American confectionary. | 还有所有美国糖果 |
[01:23] | Where do I pack my stuff? | 那我的东西放哪 |
[01:30] | You will wear as much of your clothing | 你要尽可能地多穿衣服 |
[01:31] | as you can fit on your body. | 能穿多少就穿多少 |
[01:33] | We can shove his underwear inside the blenders. | 我们可以把他的内裤塞进搅拌机里 |
[01:37] | And put his T-shirts around the champagne bottles | 用他的T恤包着香槟瓶 |
[01:39] | like Bubble Wrap. | 当作气泡垫 |
[02:05] | Hang on, just making a little adjustment. | 等等 稍作调整 |
[02:07] | All right, smooth the shoulders there. Okay. | 好了 肩膀那弄平 好的 |
[02:10] | You ready? | 你准备好了吗 |
[02:11] | I’ve been ready, now I’m annoyed. | 我之前准备好了 现在我烦了 |
[02:14] | All right, get out here, get out here. | 好吧 出来 快出来 |
[02:16] | Ta-da! | 你瞧 |
[02:17] | – No. – I told you. | -不行 -我告诉你了 |
[02:20] | I thought you wanted him to look nice. | 我以为你想让他看起来体面些 |
[02:21] | It is too nice. | 这太体面了 |
[02:23] | People will see him and assume he’s wealthy. | 大家看到他会觉得他很有钱 |
[02:25] | And then they will hear his American accent | 然后他们会听到他的美国口音 |
[02:27] | and know to take all of his money. | 就知道该拿走他的钱了 |
[02:29] | Hey, I wear nice clothes and have an American accent. | 我也穿好衣服 也有美国口音 |
[02:32] | And in Nigeria, you’d be ripe for the picking, | 所以在尼日利亚 你就是成熟待摘的果子 |
[02:35] | like an American plum. | 就像美国李子 |
[02:37] | Plum? The guy said it was burgundy. | 李子[紫红色] 那家伙说这是酒红色 |
[02:40] | Here. Put this one on. | 来 穿这套 |
[02:41] | And when you come out, don’t look so fancy. | 你出来时 别看上去太棒 |
[02:48] | He’s gonna be fine. | 他会没事的 |
[02:50] | I know. | 我知道 |
[02:51] | Look, he’s got plenty of family there. | 听着 他在那有好多家人 |
[02:53] | They’ll keep an eye on him. | 他们都会看着他的 |
[02:55] | But it is not my eye. | 但我不能看着他 |
[02:57] | I know you’re worried, but at some point, | 我知道你担心 但总有一天 |
[02:59] | you got to throw the bird from the nest. | 你得把小鸟扔出鸟巢 |
[03:02] | And watch it drop to the ground and be eaten by coyotes? | 看着它摔在地上被郊狼吃掉吗 |
[03:05] | I was gonna say so it could learn to fly. | 我是打算说让它学会飞行 |
[03:08] | I just wish I could keep track of him while he’s over there. | 我只希望他在那时能知道他的行踪 |
[03:11] | Well, then, do it. | 那就这么做呗 |
[03:12] | – Do what? – Track his phone. | -做什么 -追踪他的手机 |
[03:14] | – I can do that? – Yeah. | -我可以这么做吗 -当然 |
[03:16] | Why didn’t you tell me I could do that? | 你为什么不早告诉我 |
[03:18] | Show me. Show me now! | 教我 现在就教我 |
[03:20] | All right. | 好好 |
[03:23] | You’re up here. Bring it down… | 你太激动了 冷静点 |
[03:29] | What do you guys think of this suit? | 你们觉得这套西服怎么样 |
[03:31] | I love it. | 我喜欢 |
[03:32] | It reminds me of a big, juicy plum. | 让我想起一种水果 水灵灵的李子 |
[03:35] | Why didn’t you tell me I look like fruit? | 你为什么不说我看起来像水果 |
[03:37] | Bob, even I know you can’t call people that anymore. | 鲍勃 连我都知道你不能这么说别人了 |
[03:43] | Is Dele excited for his trip? | 德勒对旅行感到兴奋吗 |
[03:45] | Yeah. You should’ve seen him all dressed up. | 对 你应该看他穿正装的样子 |
[03:47] | He’s a little man now, you know? | 他是个小男子汉了 |
[03:49] | Ready to venture out into the world on his own. | 准备好一个人闯荡世界了 |
[03:51] | Well, with his dad. | 和他爸爸一起 |
[03:52] | And his mom tracking him like a FedEx package. | 而他妈妈像追踪快递包裹一样看着他 |
[03:55] | Good, ’cause the minute you let ’em out of your sight, | 很好 因为一旦你让他们离开你的视线 |
[03:57] | that’s when bad things happen. | 就会发生坏事 |
[03:59] | You let me go to sleepaway camp. | 你让我去参加野外宿营了 |
[04:00] | And you came back a hippie. | 你回来后变成了一个嬉皮士 |
[04:03] | You got off the bus, handed me a dream catcher | 你下了车 给了我一个捕梦网 |
[04:05] | and asked me who I voted for. | 问我大选投了谁 |
[04:07] | She said “Reagan,” | 她说”里根” |
[04:08] | and then tossed the dream catcher | 然后把捕梦网 |
[04:09] | right out the car window. | 扔出了车窗外 |
[04:11] | You know who catches dreams? Witches. | 你知道谁会捕梦吗 巫师 |
[04:16] | So you wouldn’t let us go | 所以你不让我们去 |
[04:17] | to sleepaway camp because Bob came back a Democrat? | 野外宿营 是因为鲍勃回来后变成了民主党人 |
[04:20] | And a witch. Listen, honey, | 还是个巫师 听着 宝贝 |
[04:23] | a mother’s job is to control her children’s thoughts | 母亲的职责是尽可能久地 |
[04:26] | for as long as she can. | 控制自己孩子的思想 |
[04:28] | I don’t think that’s their job. | 我觉得这不是她们的职责 |
[04:29] | It’s called love. | 这叫爱 |
[04:30] | It’s called codependence. | 这叫依赖 |
[04:32] | That’s right, sweetie. You can always codepend on me. | 没错 亲爱的 你永远可以依赖我 |
[04:36] | Well, I have six therapists and a psychic | 我有六个心理医生和一个精神科医生 |
[04:38] | who would agree with you. | 会同意你的说法 |
[04:41] | Well, I’m glad Dele’s getting away from Abishola | 我很高兴德勒能暂时离开 |
[04:43] | for a little while. I think it’ll be good for both of them. | 艾比希拉一阵 这对他们俩都好 |
[04:45] | Did you tell Abishola that? | 你这话告诉艾比希拉了吗 |
[04:46] | Ooh, God, no. | 天呐 当然没有 |
[04:53] | Dele’s on the move. | 德勒移动了 |
[04:56] | He’s going to the bathroom again. | 他又要去厕所了 |
[04:57] | How many breaks does he need? | 他要上多少次厕所啊 |
[04:59] | Does he have a tiny bladder? | 他的膀胱很小吗 |
[05:00] | – No. – Then he is smoking. | -不是 -那他就在抽烟 |
[05:05] | I will sniff him thoroughly when he gets home. | 等他回家后我会彻底闻闻他 |
[05:08] | Isn’t technology wonderful? | 科技太美妙了 |
[05:10] | Look at us, floating above him, | 瞧瞧我们 漂浮在他头上 |
[05:12] | watching every move he makes. | 看着他的一举一动 |
[05:13] | You used to have to be dead to do that. | 以前你得死了才能做到这些 |
[05:17] | You gonna stalk that little dot all day? | 你们要一整天跟踪这个小点吗 |
[05:20] | – Yes. – Yes. | -对 -对 |
[05:22] | Oh, this is gonna be a fun lunch. | 这午餐可有意思了 |
[05:25] | Just don’t let Dele find out. | 只是别让德勒发现 |
[05:26] | I used to read my daughter’s diary. | 我以前看我女儿的日记 |
[05:28] | She called me terrible things. | 她用难听的话骂我 |
[05:31] | Then one day, she wrote how kind and loving and wise I was. | 后来她写了我有多善良 多有爱 又聪明 |
[05:34] | It was then I knew my source had been compromised. | 那时我就知道她发现了 |
[05:38] | With my kids, I always said, “The less I know, the better.” | 我对我孩子的态度一直是 “知道的越少越好” |
[05:42] | I’m sorry, I thought you loved your children. | 不好意思 我还以为你爱自己的孩子 |
[05:45] | I do. | 我爱 |
[05:46] | And if I don’t know what they’re up to, | 如果我不知道他们在干什么坏事 |
[05:47] | I can keep loving them. | 我可以继续爱他们 |
[05:51] | Wait, why is the dot going in a circle? | 等等 为什么这个点在绕圈 |
[05:55] | Maybe he’s running track. | 也许他在跑步 |
[05:57] | Oh, yes. | 是啊 |
[06:00] | Why is he moving so slow? | 为什么他移动得这么慢 |
[06:02] | Does he have a problem with his feet? | 他的脚有什么问题吗 |
[06:04] | – No. – Then it is the smoking. | -没有 -那他就是在抽烟 |
[06:12] | I appreciate you guys helping me out. | 非常感谢你们能来帮忙 |
[06:14] | I’m making a little guidebook for Dele while he’s in Lagos. | 我正在帮德勒做一个到拉各斯以后用的旅行指南 |
[06:16] | Of course. | 不用客气 |
[06:18] | We will be your guidebook guides. | 我们是你旅行指南的指南 |
[06:20] | Why am I here? | 我在这里干吗 |
[06:24] | Yes, why are you here? | 对啊 你在这里干吗 |
[06:26] | You know what? I’ll just have a muffin | 那我就吃个松饼 |
[06:27] | and chime in when it seems appropriate. | 然后在适当时候插话就好了 |
[06:30] | What is in this guidebook? | 这个指南是做什么用的 |
[06:32] | You know, things to see, places to eat. | 一些他可以去游览的地方 吃饭的地方 |
[06:34] | Just stuff I think he’d like. | 一些我觉得他会喜欢的东西 |
[06:35] | If you don’t mind me saying, Mr. Wheeler, | 你别介意我说一句 维勒先生 |
[06:37] | I think that is very reterete. | 我觉得这非常瑞泰瑞泰 |
[06:40] | Silly? | 傻的 |
[06:41] | Adorable. | 可爱的 |
[06:43] | Hey, knock it off. | 喂 别闹了 |
[06:44] | I think it is wonderful you are | 我觉得你愿意和你的继子 |
[06:46] | trying to connect with your stepson. | 联络感情这一点非常好 |
[06:48] | Eh, it’s just a little gesture. | 只是表达一点点善意而已 |
[06:49] | He’s always been reterete. | 他一直是这么瑞泰瑞泰的 |
[06:52] | When I was a kid, he would make up bedtime stories | 我小的时候 他会编睡前故事讲给我听 |
[06:54] | about me and my pet dinosaur. | 是关于我和我的小恐龙的 |
[06:57] | Terry the T. Rex. | 霸王龙泰瑞 |
[07:00] | See? Reterete. | 看见了没 瑞泰瑞泰 |
[07:04] | Quit smiling at me like that. | 别老对着我笑了 |
[07:06] | Is this Awolowo Road? | 这是阿沃洛瓦路吗 |
[07:08] | Yeah, I was using Google Street View to pretend like Dele and I | 是啊 我用谷歌街景功能 |
[07:12] | were walking around the neighborhood together. | 假装我和德勒一起在家附近散步 |
[07:14] | I’m doing it again. Sorry. | 我又犯老毛病了 抱歉 |
[07:17] | Don’t you dare apologize for your beautiful heart. | 千万别为了你善良的心灵向我们道歉 |
[07:22] | When you said something was wrong with Dele, | 你跟我说德勒出事了的时候 |
[07:24] | I thought he was hurt. | 我还以为他受伤了 |
[07:25] | Oh, he will be when I find him. | 等我找到他以后 他会受伤的 |
[07:28] | Turn here. | 这里转弯 |
[07:31] | You know, that tracking thing is supposed to be | 那个监控程序是作为一种工具来使用的 |
[07:33] | more of a tool than a weapon. | 而不是一件武器 |
[07:35] | He said he had dance practice after school. | 他说他放学以后要练习跳舞 |
[07:37] | Instead he is at the park and his dot is not dancing. | 但是他去了公园 而且他的点点并没有在跳舞 |
[07:41] | I’m just saying, you go looking for trouble, | 我的意思是 你要是想寻找问题 |
[07:43] | you might find it. | 你也许真的会找到 |
[07:45] | There he is. Pull over. | 他在那里 停车 |
[07:54] | See? He’s studying. | 看见了吗 他在学习 |
[07:58] | Okay, he’s studying with a friend. | 好吧 他在跟朋友一起学习 |
[08:04] | Okay, they’re kissing before they study. | 好吧 他们在学习之前接吻 |
[08:10] | Dele! She’s coming! | 德勒 她来了 |
[08:28] | She’s just a friend. | 她只是朋友而已 |
[08:30] | It was the first time we kissed. | 这是我们第一次接吻 |
[08:33] | O-Okay, it wasn’t our first kiss. | 好吧 不是第一次接吻 |
[08:35] | But-but she’s a straight-A student. | 但是她是个全A学生 |
[08:38] | A-And so am I. | 我也一样 |
[08:39] | I never get in trouble at school, | 我在学校从来不惹麻烦 |
[08:40] | I always do what I’m told, | 我一直很听话 |
[08:42] | but I barely get to see any of my friends. | 但是我很少有机会能见到我的朋友 |
[08:46] | Please, Mum. | 求你了 妈妈 |
[08:47] | I’m sorry. I just wanted to say goodbye to her | 对不起 我只是想在暑假出门之前 |
[08:49] | before I go away for the summer. | 跟她道个别而已 |
[08:53] | Yell at me, disown me, please just say something. | 冲我大喊大叫 跟我断绝关系 说句话啊 |
[08:57] | Straight A’s, huh? | 全A学生 是吧 |
[08:59] | She’s smart, like your mom. | 她聪明 像你妈一样 |
[09:01] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[09:05] | The boy is an amateur. | 这孩子是个新手 |
[09:07] | It only took moments of interrogation | 我还没审问几句 |
[09:09] | before Dele sang like a canary. | 德勒就全招了 |
[09:12] | What did he say? | 他怎么说的 |
[09:13] | The girl’s name is Mary. | 女孩的名字叫玛丽 |
[09:15] | 14. Capricorn. | 14岁 摩羯座 |
[09:17] | Other than the park, | 除了在公园见面 |
[09:18] | the majority of their correspondence was | 他们大部分的交流 |
[09:20] | – via something called TikTok. – What? | -是通过某个叫抖音的东西进行的 -什么 |
[09:22] | TikTok– known for short dance videos. | 抖音 以跳舞短视频而闻名 |
[09:25] | Oh, you should see them. | 你应该看看 |
[09:26] | They’re very fun. | 非常有意思 |
[09:29] | How far have things gone between them? | 他们之间进展到什么程度了 |
[09:31] | Ask him if there’s been more | 去问问他除了亲亲抱抱 |
[09:32] | than kissing and canoodling. | 他们还做没做别的 |
[09:34] | I’ll see what other songs this little birdie knows. | 我去看看那小子还能交代出点什么来 |
[09:41] | Are you sure you don’t want to talk to him yourself? | 你确定不想亲自跟他谈谈吗 |
[09:43] | I will not give him the satisfaction. | 我不会让他如愿以偿的 |
[09:45] | Yelling at him is exactly what he wants. | 对他大喊大叫恰好是他想要的 |
[09:48] | I don’t know if that’s exactly what he wants. | 我倒不觉得他想要的是这个 |
[09:51] | Is it really worth it | 就在他马上要离开 |
[09:52] | to fight with him right before he goes to Nigeria? | 去尼日利亚的时候跟他吵架 真的值得吗 |
[09:54] | He is not going to Nigeria. | 他不去尼日利亚了 |
[09:57] | You cannot cancel the trip. | 你不能取消行程 |
[09:59] | Blenders have been promised. | 我都答应人家送搅拌机了 |
[10:01] | He does not deserve to go. | 他没资格去 |
[10:02] | Do not punish our relatives because the boy is promiscuous. | 我们的亲戚不应该因为你儿子滥交而受惩罚 |
[10:07] | It was just a kiss. | 就是一个吻而已 |
[10:08] | Because we stopped it. | 因为我们及时制止了 |
[10:10] | Otherwise, we would be dealing with a teenage pregnancy. | 否则我们就要面对一个青少年孕妇了 |
[10:14] | – Would we? – Yes! | -会吗 -会的 |
[10:16] | And he would have to drop out of school | 然后他就不得不退学 |
[10:18] | and never become a doctor! | 永远不会成为医生了 |
[10:19] | How will he support his family without a good job? | 没有一个好工作他怎么养家 |
[10:22] | What family? | 什么家 |
[10:23] | His wife and the three children | 因为他们接吻 |
[10:25] | he got from kissing her. | 而产生的妻子和三个孩子 |
[10:27] | And you know who | 而且你猜 |
[10:28] | will have to take care of the children, Bob? | 是谁不得不去照顾孩子呢 鲍勃 |
[10:30] | – You? – Yes! And I’ll be so busy | -你吗 -是的 这样我就会忙着 |
[10:33] | taking care of my own grandchildren, | 照顾我自己的孙子孙女 |
[10:35] | I will never become a doctor. | 我永远不会成为医生了 |
[10:37] | If all that happens, | 如果这些真的发生了 |
[10:38] | – I’ll watch the kids. – No. | -我负责看孩子 -不行 |
[10:42] | You have to keep the sock business going | 你得维持袜子生意的经营 |
[10:43] | so that Dele and all his children can have jobs. | 这样德勒和他的孩子们才有工作 |
[10:52] | It’s been going on for two months. | 他们交往两个月了 |
[10:55] | How could I not see it? | 我怎么一点没看出来 |
[10:56] | It is understandable. | 可以理解 |
[10:58] | Many things have changed. | 很多事情都变了 |
[10:59] | You now have a fiancé. | 你现在有个未婚夫 |
[11:01] | You’re studying to become a doctor. | 你正在学习成为医生 |
[11:03] | You’ve forgotten some of your Nigerian values. | 你已经忘记了某些尼日利亚价值观 |
[11:06] | I have not forgotten. | 我没有忘记 |
[11:08] | I’ve always been very strict with Dele. | 我一直对德勒严格要求 |
[11:10] | And yet this is the second time he has deceived you. | 但这已经是他第二次骗你了 |
[11:13] | Before with his dancing, | 之前是他跳舞的事 |
[11:15] | and now with his romantic rendezvous. | 现在是他的浪漫邂逅 |
[11:18] | As soon as I discovered the dancing, | 当初发现他跳舞 |
[11:20] | I should have sent him home, | 我就应该把他送回老家 |
[11:21] | instead of trying to do things the American way. | 而不是试图用美国风格来解决问题 |
[11:24] | And now your son is having his “American way” | 现在你儿子跟一个陌生女孩 |
[11:26] | with a strange girl in the park. | 在公园里进行”美国风格” |
[11:30] | Well, maybe it’s the right thing for Dele | 也许德勒跟他父亲回尼日利亚 |
[11:31] | to be in Nigeria with his father. | 是正确的选择 |
[11:34] | When my eldest son started disobeying me, | 我的大儿子开始忤逆我时 |
[11:36] | I sent him back home to live with his grandfather. | 我就把他送去跟他爷爷一起住了 |
[11:39] | And after those two years of good discipline, | 两年的管束后 |
[11:42] | he came back focused and unrecognizable. | 他改头换面 专注事业 |
[11:46] | Isn’t that the son that hardly talks to you? | 就是那个几乎不和你说话的儿子吗 |
[11:48] | Yes, he blocks my calls, | 是的 他屏蔽了我的号码 |
[11:50] | but he’s a successful lawyer, and that is what matters. | 但他是个成功的律师 这才是最重要的 |
[11:55] | Meanwhile, I never sent my daughter to Nigeria, | 另一边 我没把我的女儿送去尼日利亚 |
[11:58] | and now she’s in a band. | 她现在在搞乐队 |
[12:01] | She’s in the L.A. Philharmonic. | 她在洛杉矶爱乐管弦乐团 |
[12:03] | Okay, a large band. | 行吧 大乐队 |
[12:12] | This is very nice. | 这样真好 |
[12:14] | Yeah, some people’s happy place is a beach. | 嗯 有的人的快乐之地是海滩 |
[12:16] | Ours is a laundromat. | 我们是洗衣店 |
[12:19] | Thank you for showing up and sweeping me | 谢谢你来把我和我的脏毛巾 |
[12:21] | and my dirty towels off our feet. | 全部打包起来 |
[12:24] | Hey, you mind if I work | 我能不能 |
[12:24] | on this little project I’m putting together? | 忙一会儿我做的这个项目 |
[12:26] | Go ahead. | 可以啊 |
[12:27] | – It’s for Dele. – Okay. | -是给德勒做的 -好 |
[12:30] | Just writing down some sights and bites he should check out | 写下一些他去尼日利亚时 |
[12:32] | while he’s in Nigeria. | 该看该吃的 |
[12:34] | See? “Sights and Bites.” | 看 “该看和该吃” |
[12:37] | That’s very nice of you. | 你很贴心 |
[12:39] | Yeah. Was hoping to get some personal stories in here, too. | 是啊 我还想引入一些亲身经验 |
[12:43] | You know, from someone who grew up there, | 找一个在那里长大 |
[12:46] | knows the lay of the land, | 了解那片土地 |
[12:49] | is related to him. | 和他有亲缘关系的人 |
[12:52] | You could ask Uncle Tunde. | 你可以去问通德叔叔 |
[12:54] | Right. | 嗯 |
[12:55] | I kind of thought you might want to do it. | 我本来以为你会想当这个人 |
[12:59] | I will not give Dele the satisfaction | 我不会满足德勒 |
[13:00] | of hearing such things from me. | 不会给他任何建议的 |
[13:02] | Okay, sure. | 好吧 |
[13:03] | I understand your position. | 我明白你的立场了 |
[13:06] | But he is gonna be 6,000 miles | 但他将要离家 |
[13:08] | away from his home. | 六千英里 |
[13:11] | Is that why you brought me here? | 所以你才带我来这里吗 |
[13:13] | To try to get me to talk to Dele? | 想让我和德勒聊聊 |
[13:15] | No. Absolutely not. | 不 当然不是了 |
[13:18] | You have your cold, scary silent thing, | 你要坚持你冷酷的沉默 |
[13:20] | and I have my retereteguidebook thing. | 我要做我的瑞泰瑞泰导游书 |
[13:24] | Okay, I’m shutting up. | 好吧 我闭嘴 |
[13:31] | That restaurant is closed. | 这家餐馆已经关门了 |
[13:34] | Good to know. | 好的 |
[13:41] | E kaale, Uncle. | 你好 叔叔 |
[13:42] | Kaale,Tayo. | 你好 塔约 |
[13:43] | I will see if Dele is ready. | 我去看看德勒有没有准备好 |
[13:45] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[13:46] | Tayo. | 塔约 |
[13:47] | Bob. | 鲍勃 |
[13:48] | When you land, how long is the drive home | 你们落地后 从机场开车 |
[13:50] | from the airport? | 回家要多久 |
[13:52] | Uh, with traffic, about 40 minutes. | 看交通情况的话大概40分钟 |
[13:54] | You taking the Apapa-Oworonshoki Expressway? | 你们坐阿巴巴奥沃荣希基快速线吗 |
[13:58] | Probably. | 可能吧 |
[13:59] | Yeah, that time of night, that’s your best bet. | 晚上那个时候这的确是最好的选择 |
[14:04] | – Hey, Dad. – Hey. | -爸爸 -你好 |
[14:10] | Remember, the order people receive the gifts | 记住 要受礼物的老年人 |
[14:12] | is as important as the gifts themselves. | 跟礼物本身一样重要 |
[14:14] | Uncle Morayo, Uncle Poju, | 莫拉约叔叔 波局叔叔 |
[14:16] | Auntie Fowoke, Auntie Ifede, | 福沃凯阿姨 伊菲黛阿姨 |
[14:18] | Cousin Yemisi and Cousin Adeloba. | 也米西哥哥和阿黛罗巴姐姐 |
[14:20] | You forgot Granny Ebun. | 你忘了艾本奶奶 |
[14:21] | Hers is the most important one. | 她的是最重要的 |
[14:24] | Uh, when in doubt, ask yourself who is oldest. | 如果弄不清楚 那就问问自己 谁最老 |
[14:27] | The less teeth they have, the more they need | 牙齿越少 就越需要 |
[14:29] | a top-of-the-line blender. | 顶级的搅拌机 |
[14:37] | Hey, bud. | 伙计 |
[14:38] | Have a great trip. | 一路顺风 |
[14:39] | Uh, I made a little something for you. | 我给你做了点东西 |
[14:42] | Use it, don’t use it. | 用 或者不用 |
[14:43] | It’s no big deal. | 没什么大不了的 |
[14:44] | If you don’t want to read it, it’s fine. | 如果你不想看 也没关系 |
[14:45] | No, I’d like to. Thank you. | 我很乐意 谢谢你 |
[14:50] | I’m gonna miss you. | 我会想你的 |
[14:52] | Me, too, buddy. | 我也是 伙计 |
[14:54] | Okay, someone else go. | 好了 轮到下一个了 |
[15:00] | You know what, Tayo? | 这样吧 塔约 |
[15:01] | I’ll help you get those bags to the car. | 我帮你把这些包搬到车上 |
[15:02] | Thank you, Bob. | 谢谢你 鲍勃 |
[15:03] | It is too much for the two of you to carry alone. | 你们两个人搬太累了 |
[15:13] | I will supervise. | 我去监督 |
[15:21] | Goodbye, Mum. | 再见 妈妈 |
[15:28] | Be safe. | 保重 |
[15:31] | Yes, Mum. | 好的 妈妈 |
[15:34] | And, Dele… | 还有 德勒 |
[15:37] | I will be watching everything you do. | 我会看着你做的一切 |
[15:54] | Okay, buddy. | 好了 伙计 |
[15:54] | First off, it’s important you understand | 首先 你一定要明白 |
[15:56] | the five-burger rating system. | 五堡评分系统 |
[15:58] | It’s like the star system, but we’re using burgers. | 这就像评分系统 不过我们来用汉堡 |
[16:04] | All right, you’re gonna think I’m crazy, | 好了 你可能会认为我疯了 |
[16:06] | but from what I’ve read, I give the Hard Rock Cafe in Lagos | 但是据我所知 我会给拉各斯的硬石咖啡馆 |
[16:09] | a five out of five burgers. | 五堡好评 |
[16:14] | Dele, it is Mommy. | 德勒 我是妈妈 |
[16:16] | Bob showed me his “Sights and Bites” Book. | 鲍勃给我看了他的”该看和该吃”本 |
[16:19] | He is very pleased with the rhyming title. | 他很得意于这个押韵的名字 |
[16:23] | But there are some things he missed. | 但是他漏了点东西 |
[16:25] | If you want peace and quiet, | 如果你想寻求平静 |
[16:27] | there’s a large jacaranda tree in Granny’s backyard. | 奶奶后院里有一大片锦葵树 |
[16:30] | I used to read there. | 我以前经常在那里读书 |
[16:32] | You can climb it and see everything, | 你爬上去就能看到周围的一切 |
[16:34] | but no one can see you. | 但没有人能看到你 |
[16:38] | I always wanted to be the one to take you to Nigeria, | 我总是想亲自带你去尼日利亚 |
[16:42] | but I’m looking forward to seeing my home | 但我也很希望能通过你的双眼 |
[16:44] | through your eyes. | 看看我的家 |
[16:46] | Even though I am not with you, | 即使我不在你身边 |
[16:49] | I will be in your heart, | 我会在你心中 |
[16:51] | as you will be in mine. | 你也会在我的心中 |
[17:10] | Dele’s plane landed 45 minutes ago. | 德勒的飞机45分钟前落地了 |
[17:13] | Why is his phone still at the airport? | 他的手机为什么还在机场 |
[17:15] | What if the luggage did not arrive? | 万一行李没有到呢 |
[17:17] | Oluwa mi o. Without the gifts, | 我的天啊 要是没有那些礼物 |
[17:19] | we will never be welcomed back in Nigeria. | 尼日利亚不会再欢迎我们了 |
[17:21] | Uh, don’t assume the worst. | 别往最坏的方向想 |
[17:22] | Maybe they are just stopping at the suya stand | 也许他们只是在机场外的 |
[17:25] | outside the airport. | 素雅台待了一会儿 |
[17:26] | You like that stand? | 你喜欢那个看台吗 |
[17:27] | Oh, the best in the city. | 那可是城里最棒的 |
[17:29] | If you’re a tourist. | 对旅客来说而已 |
[17:31] | If you want the real stuff, you got to go to Ikoyi. | 如果你想要看真格的 还是得去伊卡伊 |
[17:34] | – Really? – I’ll get you a copy of my book, | -真的吗 -我给你一份我的书 |
[17:36] | “Sights and Bites.” | 《该看和该吃》 |
[17:38] | – I love that rhyme. – Right? | -我喜欢这个押韵标题 -对吧 |
[17:43] | It’s getting late. | 很晚了 |
[17:45] | We can continue spying on him first thing in the morning. | 我们可以明天早上起来再监视他 |
[17:48] | – Good night, you guys. – Good night. | -晚安 伙计们 -晚安 |
[17:51] | Maybe just a little bit more. | 也许能再看一会儿 |
[17:52] | Yeah, I mean, what’s it gonna hurt? | 对啊 看看又没事 |
[17:53] | – Why not? – We got to. | -就是 -没错 |
[17:55] | We’re already here. | 来都来了 |