时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | And whatever you do, | 无论你做什么 |
[00:05] | please don’t mess with the shift schedule. | 都不要改排班表 |
[00:08] | It took a long time to optimize, okay? | 我花了很久安排 好吗 |
[00:11] | Certain people can’t work together | 有些人不能一起工作 |
[00:12] | ’cause they hate each other, others can’t work together | 因为他们讨厌对方 有些人不能一起工作 |
[00:14] | ’cause they can’t keep their hands off each other. | 因为他们总爱对彼此上下其手 |
[00:16] | Can I sit in your charge nurse chair while you are on vacation? | 你度假时我能坐你的护士长位置吗 |
[00:18] | No! Pay attention! | 不行 注意了 |
[00:20] | These shift assignments are a delicate dance. | 排班表就像精致的舞蹈 |
[00:24] | The key is to spread the idiots out | 关键是分散白痴 |
[00:26] | where they can do the least damage. | 尽量减小他们造成的损伤 |
[00:28] | What do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[00:30] | “Charge Nurse | “护士长 |
[00:31] | Abishola Adebambo.” | 艾比希拉·阿德班博” |
[00:33] | You forgot the word “Temporary.” | 你忘了写”临时” |
[00:35] | It would not fit. | 写不下了 |
[00:38] | All right. | 好吧 |
[00:39] | I hope you can handle all this, | 希望你能搞定这些 |
[00:41] | ’cause I’ll be off the grid for two weeks. | 因为我会两周毫无音讯 |
[00:43] | Me and my husband, buck naked in a hot spring. | 我和我丈夫 裸泡温泉 |
[00:47] | Enjoy sleeping in your car. | 祝你享受睡在车里 |
[00:48] | It’s an RV. | 那是辆房车 |
[00:53] | Hello, Mummy, I can’t talk right now. | 妈 我现在不能说话 |
[00:55] | My shift is about to start. | 我快上班了 |
[00:57] | Ah, she’s leaving. | 她正要走 |
[00:59] | I am the boss. | 我是老大了 |
[01:01] | Bye. | 拜 |
[01:03] | Okay, Mummy. Bye-bye. | 好 妈 拜拜 |
[01:13] | Look who is in charge. | 瞧瞧谁是老大 |
[01:14] | Come, come, come. | 快来 快来 |
[01:15] | My mother wants a photo. | 我妈妈想要一张照片 |
[01:18] | Don’t smile, you are a leader! | 别笑 你是领导 |
[01:23] | Did you get the sign? | 你拍到牌子了吗 |
[01:24] | Take another one, take another one. | 再拍一张 再拍一张 |
[01:53] | Did Dr. Brody leave sufficient | 布罗迪医生在411病房 |
[01:55] | bowel protocol for Room 411? | 留了足够详细的肠道给药指示吗 |
[01:57] | He did. | 留了 |
[01:57] | We increased his laxatives, so we should | 我们增加了患者的通便剂计量 所以应该 |
[01:59] | see some movement today. | 今天就能见效 |
[02:00] | That is music to my ears. | 那真是太好了 |
[02:03] | All right, have a great shift, everyone. | 好了 祝大家上班愉快 各位 |
[02:04] | If you need me, I’ll be at my desk. | 如果你们需要我 我就在办公桌这里 |
[02:07] | Which is, of course, the charge nurse desk. | 当然了 就是护士长的办公桌 |
[02:11] | Kathy, may I speak with you a moment? | 凯西 过来一下好吗 |
[02:13] | Of course. | 当然 |
[02:16] | I am going to need your help | 接下去两周 |
[02:17] | the next two weeks. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[02:18] | As you know, we are down one of our most vital nurses. | 你也知道 我们少了一位最重要的护士 |
[02:22] | Gloria’s the best. | 格洛里亚最厉害了 |
[02:23] | I was talking about me. | 我说的是我自己 |
[02:25] | When Gloria is here, she has me to lean on. | 格洛里亚在这时 她可以依靠我 |
[02:28] | Now that I am Gloria, | 现在我成了格洛里亚 |
[02:29] | I’m going to need an Abishola. | 我需要一个艾比希拉 |
[02:31] | You will be my Abishola. | 你要做我的艾比希拉 |
[02:33] | Okay. | 好的 |
[02:34] | I know you can do this. | 我知道你能做到 |
[02:35] | You are smart and hardworking. | 你聪明 勤奋 |
[02:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:38] | If I had one critique, it would be | 如果要说一个缺点 那就是 |
[02:39] | you can be extremely unprofessional. | 你有时候非常不专业 |
[02:42] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[02:43] | Personal phone calls at work, the sad demeanor, | 上班时接打私人电话 悲伤的举止 |
[02:46] | screaming at the strange man in the lobby. | 在走廊朝陌生男人大喊大叫 |
[02:48] | Well, that’s my husband. | 那是我丈夫 |
[02:49] | We’re going through something. | 我们最近遇到了点事 |
[02:51] | And that is something I should not know. | 这是我不该知道的 |
[02:53] | It’s just been so h-hard. | 最近日子太难了 |
[02:56] | Oh, no, no, no, please, Kathy. | 不不 拜托 凯西 |
[02:57] | I cannot lean on you if you are crying. | 如果你哭了 我就不能依靠你了 |
[02:59] | I’m so sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[03:02] | Abishola would not cry! | 艾比希拉不会哭 |
[03:12] | How long’s it take to make a sandwich? | 做个三明治要多久 |
[03:15] | I’m going as fast as I can, Mom. | 我已经尽快了 妈 |
[03:17] | Abishola usually gives me lunch by 11:30. | 艾比希拉通常在11点半给我吃午饭 |
[03:20] | Well, she’s a charge nurse now. | 现在她是护士长了 |
[03:21] | She has more important things to do. | 她有更重要的事要做 |
[03:23] | So she gets a promotion and I’m left here | 所以她升职了 而我却留在这 |
[03:25] | to chew on my tongue? | 咬自己的舌头吗 |
[03:27] | Your entire family is here taking care of you. | 你的所有家人都在这照顾你 |
[03:30] | And yet I’m still starving. | 但我还在挨饿 |
[03:32] | Who would’ve thunk it? | 谁能想到呢 |
[03:34] | Little blue ones are tranquilizers, right? | 蓝色小药片是镇定剂 对吧 |
[03:36] | That’s not funny, Douglas! | 那不好笑 道格拉斯 |
[03:38] | Christina, we could use some help here! | 克里斯汀娜 我们需要帮忙 |
[03:40] | I’m setting up Mom’s workout! | 我在安装妈锻炼的设备 |
[03:43] | So, how long is Abishola going to be doing | 艾比希拉要干多久 |
[03:45] | this little hospital side job? | 这医院的小副业 |
[03:48] | You mean her career? | 你是说她的职业吗 |
[03:49] | All right, keep your bra on, Murphy Brown. | 行吧 管好你自己吧 墨菲·布朗 |
[03:52] | You’re all set in there, Mom. | 里面都给你弄好了 妈妈 |
[03:54] | Thought we could switch up physical therapy | 我们用轮椅尊巴 |
[03:56] | with a little wheelchair Zumba. | 来代替理疗如何 |
[03:58] | Well, I don’t want to do that. | 我不想这么做 |
[03:59] | That’s not how Abishola does it. | 艾比希拉也不会 |
[04:01] | Well, that’s how Christina does it, so let’s boogie. | 但克里斯汀娜会 跳起来吧 |
[04:03] | I don’t want to boogie. | 我不想跳 |
[04:03] | Oh, come on. It’ll be fun. | 来嘛 很有意思的 |
[04:05] | But what about lunch? | 那午餐怎么办 |
[04:06] | Uh, you can eat later. | 你能等会再吃 |
[04:08] | *Ain’t nothing gonna break-a my stride* | *姐的步伐无人能挡* |
[04:10] | *Ain’t nothing gonna hold me down* | *姐所向披靡无人能敌* |
[04:12] | I’m hungry! | 我饿了 |
[04:13] | *Oh, no* | *不要* |
[04:14] | Sucks getting old, huh? | 岁月不饶人啊 对吗 |
[04:16] | Yep. | 是啊 |
[04:17] | I’m basically holding Mom’s life in my hands. | 妈妈的生命就掌握在我手上 |
[04:20] | One pill… | 不小心… |
[04:21] | in the wrong place… | 弄错一片… |
[04:23] | and poof… | 然后… |
[04:25] | she’s gone. | 她就没了 |
[04:28] | You want me to take over for you, buddy? | 需要我来换你吗 伙计 |
[04:32] | I think you should. | 还是你来吧 |
[04:48] | Jane, you are terrible. | 简 你太差劲了 |
[04:52] | Hello. | 你们好 |
[04:55] | You don’t have to leave. | 你们不需要走 |
[04:57] | You still have three minutes, | 你们的休息时间 |
[04:58] | 20 seconds left on your break. | 还剩三分钟又二十秒 |
[05:00] | Bruha. | 女巫 |
[05:03] | What did she just say? | 她刚刚说的什么 |
[05:04] | Oh, it’s not important. | 这不重要 |
[05:06] | Tell me. | 告诉我 |
[05:07] | She just doesn’t like her boss. | 她只是不喜欢她的上级 |
[05:08] | But I am her boss. | 但我就是她的上级 |
[05:10] | Well, then you get it. | 那你应该能意会 |
[05:13] | But I’m nice to Jane. | 但我对简很好 |
[05:15] | She’s one of the only good nurses on the floor. | 她是这层有且仅有的一名好护士了 |
[05:17] | And you told her that in front of everybody. | 那你当着所有人的面夸她 |
[05:19] | And now they think she is your spy. | 现在大家都觉得她是你的眼线 |
[05:21] | Is she your spy? | 她是你的眼线吗 |
[05:23] | No, Kathy is my spy. | 不是 凯西才是 |
[05:26] | I’m just trying to show the others their weaknesses, | 我只是想指出他们的缺点 |
[05:28] | so that they can improve. | 这样他们才能进步 |
[05:30] | Believe me, I understand how motivating shame | 相信我 我知道鼓励性的羞辱和侮辱 |
[05:33] | and humiliation can be, but they are not like us. | 是怎样的 但她们跟我们不一样 |
[05:37] | Americans have a saying, | 美国人有句老话 |
[05:38] | “You catch more flies with honey.” | 用蜂蜜能抓到更多的苍蝇 |
[05:40] | That is ridiculous. | 这太荒谬了 |
[05:41] | Of course it is. You and I both know | 谁说不是呢 你我都清楚 |
[05:43] | you catch more flies with feces. | 明明大便才能抓到更多的苍蝇 |
[05:45] | But if I push them to their potential, | 但如果我激发了她们的潜能 |
[05:47] | they will look good in management’s eyes. | 她们就能得到管理层的青眼 |
[05:50] | You mean, | 你是说 |
[05:50] | you will look good in management’s eyes. | 你能得到管理层的青眼吧 |
[05:52] | Of course. I am just a reflection of everyone. | 当然 我就是所有人的写照 |
[05:56] | Imagine if after these two weeks, | 想象下 这两周过后 |
[05:58] | management looks at these nurses | 管理层透过这群护士 |
[06:00] | and sees a highly productive, | 看到了一个高效率 |
[06:02] | hardworking department full of… | 且又努力的部门 充斥着 |
[06:05] | me. | 我的身影 |
[06:11] | What? | 干吗 |
[06:12] | Oh, nothing. | 没什么 |
[06:13] | Just imagining more than one of you. | 只是想象了下有很多个你 |
[06:26] | Would you like some more egusi soup, Bob? | 你想再来点甜瓜汤吗 鲍勃 |
[06:28] | How could I ever say no to you, Auntie? | 我怎么能拒绝你呢 阿姨 |
[06:32] | And thanks again for dinner. | 再次谢谢你的款待 |
[06:34] | If I had to be stood up, | 如果我没被放鸽子的话 |
[06:35] | I’m glad I could be with you guys. | 我也是很高兴能和你们在一起的 |
[06:37] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[06:38] | When you work as hard as Abishola, | 当你跟艾比希拉一样努力时 |
[06:40] | these things happen. | 这些事总会发生 |
[06:41] | Ah, it’s no big deal, | 没什么大不了的 |
[06:42] | it’s justa crazy couple of weeks for her. | 这几周对她来说太疯狂了 |
[06:44] | That is a good attitude. | 这态度不错 |
[06:46] | Cling to that. | 保持住 |
[06:48] | What do you mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[06:49] | She’s Nigerian. | 她是尼日利亚人 |
[06:50] | Until she reaches her career goals, | 在她实现职业目标前 |
[06:52] | nothing will stand in Abishola’s way. | 任何人都不能阻挡艾比希拉 |
[06:54] | No matter how lovable that “Nothing” Might be. | 不管那个”任何人”有多讨人喜欢 |
[06:58] | Well… | 好吧 |
[06:59] | I’m happy for her. I know being charge nurse | 我为她感到高兴 我知道做主管护士 |
[07:01] | has been her goal for a while. | 是她一直以来的目标 |
[07:03] | It is an excellent stepping-stone on her way to becoming a nurse manager. | 这是个让她在成为护士长道路上的里程碑 |
[07:07] | Then director of nursing services. | 然后成为护理服务主任 |
[07:09] | Then hospital supervisor. | 然后成为医院主管 |
[07:11] | Then chief nursing officer. | 然后成为总护士长 |
[07:13] | Wow, that’s a lot of “Thens.” | 也太多”然后”了吧 |
[07:16] | Yes, it is. | 是的 |
[07:17] | And there will be more. | 还会有更多 |
[07:19] | But you guys have let yourselves slow down. | 但你们的脚步慢下来了 |
[07:22] | Now that we are retired, | 现在我们退休了 |
[07:23] | we are enjoying our golden years. | 我们在享受我们的黄金岁月 |
[07:25] | Yes, every day I wake up, | 是的 每天我起床后 |
[07:28] | I check my stocks over breakfast, | 早餐时看股票 |
[07:30] | then I visit my various real estate holdings, | 然后我参观我的各种不动产 |
[07:32] | at least the ones in Michigan. | 至少是在密歇根州的这些 |
[07:34] | I didn’t know you owned property. | 我都不知道你有房产 |
[07:35] | Own, manage, maintain. | 拥有 管理 维护 |
[07:37] | I am currently in a bidding war for a new quadplex in Lansing. | 我正在为兰辛的一处四层公寓竞标 |
[07:42] | Sounds stressful. | 听起来压力挺大 |
[07:43] | Not if I win. | 中标了就不会了 |
[07:45] | And I will win, Bob. | 我会中标的 鲍勃 |
[07:47] | And what about you, Auntie? | 你呢 阿姨 |
[07:48] | You running a sweatshop out of your closet? | 你在自己的衣柜里开血汗工厂吗 |
[07:52] | Not a sweatshop. | 不是血汗工厂 |
[07:53] | An Etsy shop. | 是手工艺成品店 |
[07:56] | Olu’s hand-sewn head wraps and skirts | 奥卢的手缝头巾和裙子 |
[07:58] | have over 10,000 five-star reviews. | 已经有了一万条五星好评 |
[08:01] | And one three-star. | 还有一条三星评论 |
[08:03] | Penny from Phoenix. | 凤凰城的佩妮 |
[08:05] | Is it my fault she gained weight faster than my shipping? | 货还没运到 她就长胖了 是我的错吗 |
[08:09] | Olu is the third top seller. | 奥卢是第三大卖家 |
[08:11] | Behind a dog clothing company | 排在一家狗狗服装公司 |
[08:12] | and a cat clothing company. | 和一家猫猫服装公司之后 |
[08:14] | But mark my words, | 但记住我的话 |
[08:16] | I will be first. | 我会升到第一的 |
[08:18] | Then I will expand to QVC. | 然后我会扩张到美国家庭购物网 |
[08:21] | And there’s the “Then.” | “然后”又出现了 |
[08:23] | You are learning. | 你学到了 |
[08:25] | And what’s on your to-do list, Dele? | 你的目标呢 德勒 |
[08:27] | Cure cancer? | 治愈癌症吗 |
[08:29] | Yes. | 是的 |
[08:38] | Oluwa mi o. Kathy, | 我的天啊 凯西 |
[08:40] | please, what have we said about you being professional? | 不是让你专业一点吗 |
[08:42] | Oh, they’re not for me. | 这不是给我的 |
[08:44] | They’re for you. | 是给你的 |
[08:46] | What? | 什么 |
[08:47] | My husband would never be that thoughtful. | 我的丈夫永远不会这么贴心 |
[08:59] | Hey, charge nurse, you get my flowers? | 护士长 你收到我的花了吗 |
[09:01] | How could you do this to me? | 你怎么能这么对我 |
[09:03] | Oh, no, are they ugly? | 天啊 很丑吗 |
[09:04] | They never look the same as the picture. | 实物和照片永远不符 |
[09:08] | They are beautiful and they should not be here. | 很漂亮 但不应该出现在这里 |
[09:11] | But they’re your favorite. | 但这是你最喜欢的 |
[09:12] | I am trying to set an example for these nurses. | 我想为其他护士树立榜样 |
[09:15] | And now you have undermined my authority | 现在你用这个可爱的举动 |
[09:17] | with this lovely gesture. | 来削弱我的权威 |
[09:20] | Wait, does this mean you like ’em or you hate ’em? | 等等 你是喜欢还是不喜欢 |
[09:22] | Both! | 都是 |
[09:26] | And now you’ve made me make this personal call. | 你还让我不得不打这通私人电话 |
[09:28] | I was just trying to be supportive. | 我只是想支持你 |
[09:30] | I know that and it’s very thoughtful. | 我知道你想的很周到 |
[09:32] | Now never send me flowers again. Goodbye. | 别再给我送花了 再见 |
[09:37] | Give this to the dying man in Room 412. | 把这个送给412房那个濒死的病人 |
[09:40] | Wait, wait, wait. | 等等 |
[09:43] | Now go. | 去吧 |
[09:48] | Bruha. | 巫婆 |
[09:50] | I googled that word. | 我查过这个词 |
[09:51] | I know you’re calling me a witch. | 我知道你在叫我女巫 |
[09:53] | Or a magician! | 或是魔术师 |
[10:04] | Hello! | 你好 |
[10:06] | Hello. | 你好 |
[10:07] | Up top, Doc. | 击掌 医生 |
[10:10] | Hello. | 你好 |
[10:17] | Oh, poor, pathetic Kathy. | 可怜可悲的凯西 |
[10:23] | A-Abishola? | 艾比希拉 |
[10:24] | Close the door. | 关门 |
[10:27] | Why are you crying? | 你为什么在哭 |
[10:29] | Don’t look at me. | 别看我 |
[10:32] | Here. | 给你 |
[10:33] | To wipe the tears. | 擦擦眼泪 |
[10:35] | And the boogers on your chin. | 还有你下巴上的鼻屎 |
[10:38] | They have all left me. | 他们都离开我了 |
[10:40] | Who? | 谁 |
[10:41] | My good nurses. | 我的好护士们 |
[10:43] | They have traded shifts, so now I’m left with the idiots. | 他们都换班了 只给我剩下了傻子 |
[10:46] | Who are too stupid to transfer out of their shift. | 傻到不知道要换班 |
[10:51] | I’m sure it’s not personal. | 我相信这不是在针对你 |
[10:53] | Okay, we both know it’s personal. | 好吧 我们都知道是因为你 |
[11:01] | I cannot believe I’m failing. | 我不敢相信我竟然在失败 |
[11:04] | Abishola, you are good at everything. | 艾比希拉 你什么都擅长 |
[11:08] | You always have been. | 一直如此 |
[11:10] | And I will only say this once, but sometimes, | 我只会说一次 但有时 |
[11:14] | I am jealous of you. | 我会嫉妒你 |
[11:16] | What? | 什么 |
[11:17] | I told you I would only say it once. | 我跟你说了我只会说一次 |
[11:23] | So what if you are not immediately good at being charge nurse? | 就算你不能立刻当好护士长又怎样 |
[11:26] | So what if the other nurses hate you and call you bruha? | 就算其他护士恨你叫你女巫又怎样 |
[11:30] | You will study, you will learn, | 你会学习改进 |
[11:32] | you’ll become good at it just like you do everything else. | 你会变得擅长 就跟其他所有事一样 |
[11:35] | Thank you. | 谢了 |
[11:37] | I should go back out there. | 我该出去了 |
[11:39] | Uh-uh, no, no, no. | 不不不 |
[11:40] | Not until you’ve pulled yourself together, hmm? | 你先收拾好自己 |
[11:44] | What about now? | 现在呢 |
[11:47] | Stay in the closet awhile. | 再在这里待一会儿 |
[11:48] | Nobody will miss you. | 没人会想你的 |
[11:52] | Ketchup? | 番茄酱 |
[11:56] | You know, I got to tell you, as good as this is, | 我得说 尽管这也很好吃 |
[11:59] | McDonald’s is always better when you eat it there. | 但麦当劳还是堂食更好吃 |
[12:01] | Yeah. And you can get high and crawl around in the PlayPlace. | 是啊 能嗑嗨 在游乐区爬来爬去 |
[12:08] | I wonder what Abishola’s doing right now. | 我想知道艾比希拉现在在干什么 |
[12:10] | Probably saving somebody’s life. | 可能在救死扶伤吧 |
[12:12] | Yeah. Probably. | 是啊 可能 |
[12:15] | Does it bother you that she’s a better person | 她比我们三个加起来都好 |
[12:17] | than all three of us combined? | 会不会让你们感到困扰 |
[12:20] | A little. | 有一点 |
[12:21] | Not enough to do anything about it. | 还不够让我做出改变 |
[12:24] | You know, | 你知道 |
[12:25] | I called her a little while ago. | 不久前我给她打了个电话 |
[12:27] | Just to check in. | 就问候一下 |
[12:28] | And? | 然后呢 |
[12:29] | She couldn’t talk. | 她没空说话 |
[12:31] | She was too busy. | 她太忙了 |
[12:32] | Of course she was. | 她当然忙了 |
[12:33] | Typical. | 一贯如此 |
[12:36] | You know, I think I understand | 我想我明白 |
[12:37] | why some people don’t like immigrants. | 为什么有些人不喜欢移民了 |
[12:39] | ‘Cause they make us feel bad about ourselves? | 因为他们让我们自我感觉很糟 |
[12:41] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[12:43] | Always working their asses off. | 终日辛勤工作 |
[12:45] | Hey, we work our asses off. | 我们也挺辛勤的啊 |
[12:47] | Do we? | 有吗 |
[12:49] | Well, at least I have an excuse. | 至少我有借口 |
[12:50] | I had a stroke. | 我中风过 |
[12:52] | Rub it in, why don’t you? | 又老调重弹 |
[12:57] | What do you think she’s doing now? | 你们觉得她现在在干什么 |
[12:59] | I’m gonna call her. | 我要打给她 |
[13:01] | Put it on speakerphone. | 开免提 |
[13:06] | Hello? | 喂 |
[13:08] | We miss you. | 我们想你了 |
[13:09] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[13:10] | We’re eating McDonald’s. | 我们在吃麦当劳 |
[13:14] | Hello? | 喂 |
[13:19] | What do you think? | 你们觉得怎么样 |
[13:21] | That is a very large boat. | 那是很大的一艘船 |
[13:23] | The Sundancer 320. | 日舞者320 |
[13:25] | When I retire, it’s gonna be mine. | 等我退休了 我就买下它 |
[13:27] | When you retire? | 等你退休了 |
[13:29] | Yeah, I work hard. My fiancée works even harder. | 对 我工作很努力 我未婚妻工作更努力 |
[13:32] | When are we gonna get a chance to enjoy ourselves? | 我们何时才能找到机会享受生活 |
[13:35] | If you follow the righteous path, in the afterlife. | 如果你们沿着正道走 在死后吧 |
[13:39] | The only path I’m following is to the boat show. | 我只会沿着去船展的路走 |
[13:42] | We’re gonna travel the world, | 我们会去世界各地旅行 |
[13:43] | maybe get a house in Italy near Clooney. | 也许在意大利买座房子 在克鲁尼家附近 |
[13:47] | He means George Clooney. | 他说的是乔治·克鲁尼 |
[13:47] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[13:50] | It is a very nice fantasy, Mr. Wheeler. | 真是个美妙的幻想 维勒先生 |
[13:52] | It’s not a fantasy. | 这不是幻想 |
[13:53] | Well, okay, maybe the Clooney part, | 好吧 也许克鲁尼的部分是 |
[13:54] | but the rest of it’s happening. | 但其余的都会成真的 |
[14:03] | She’s never gonna retire, is she? | 她永远不会退休 对吗 |
[14:05] | No. | 不会 |
[14:06] | But if it is any consolation, | 但如果能给你任何慰藉的话 |
[14:08] | neither will you. | 你也不会 |
[14:10] | What are you talking about? I’m looking at boats. | 你在说什么 我都在看船了 |
[14:12] | Mr. Wheeler, you have inherited your father’s work ethic. | 维勒先生 你遗传了你父亲的职业精神 |
[14:15] | It is a trait that we, as Nigerians, have always admired. | 这是我们作为尼日利亚人一直钦佩的特质 |
[14:19] | My dad died of a heart attack on the loading dock. | 我爸突发心脏病死在了运货码头 |
[14:22] | An honorable death. | 可敬的死法 |
[14:26] | But I don’t want to die here. | 但我不想死在这 |
[14:28] | It doesn’t have to be here. | 不一定要在这 |
[14:30] | It can be at home. | 也可以是在家里 |
[14:31] | After a long day here. | 在这工作了一整天之后 |
[14:35] | That’s not helping. | 没让我觉得好受 |
[14:36] | We should get back to work. | 我们该回去干活了 |
[14:38] | Yeah, I’ll see you guys later. | 好 一会儿见 |
[14:44] | I really want to die on a boat. | 我真的想死在一艘船上 |
[15:00] | Damn, I should leave more often. | 我应该多请几次假 |
[15:03] | Never, ever leave again. | 永远永远别请假了 |
[15:07] | All right. | 好吧 |
[15:13] | Hello, Gloria. | 你好 格洛里亚 |
[15:14] | Welcome back. | 欢迎回来 |
[15:15] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[15:17] | How’d it go? | 怎么样啊 |
[15:19] | It went well. | 进行得不错 |
[15:20] | Although the nurses proved a little more difficult | 不过护士们比我预期之中 |
[15:23] | to manage than I expected. | 更难管理一些 |
[15:25] | Managing the nurses is kind of the whole job. | 这份工作的全部内容就是管理护士 |
[15:30] | In that case, it did not go well. | 要是这么说的话 进行的不太好 |
[15:34] | Yeah, I might’ve gotten a few phone calls and some texts. | 是啊 我也许大概接到了几个电话和一些短信 |
[15:38] | Someone even got ahold of the fax machine at the RV park. | 还有人想办法连上了房车停车场的传真机 |
[15:42] | I bet it was Kathy. She’s such a crybaby. | 我打赌是凯西干的 她是个爱哭鬼 |
[15:47] | Listen, if this job | 听我说 如果这份工作 |
[15:49] | was just about working hard and being smart, | 只要努力工作还有脑子聪明就能干好 |
[15:52] | you’d be all over it. | 你会大展拳脚的 |
[15:53] | But a big part of it is massaging egos | 但是有很大一部分的工作内容是调解情绪 |
[15:56] | and knowing exactly what your nurses need to hear. | 了解护士们爱听什么 |
[16:00] | Maybe you should have explained that better to me | 也许在你离开度假之前 |
[16:02] | before you left. | 就应该解释清楚 |
[16:05] | You’re right. If I’d explained it better, | 你说得对 我要是解释清楚了 |
[16:07] | you’d have done the job perfectly. | 你就可以完美的完成任务了 |
[16:10] | That’s what I was thinking. | 我也是这么想的 |
[16:12] | Well, I’ll keep that in mind for the next time. | 我下次会记住这一点的 |
[16:15] | Good. And I’ll make a list | 很好 我会列个单子 |
[16:16] | of other areas where you can improve. | 写出来其他你需要改进的地方 |
[16:20] | Lucky me. Can’t wait to see it. | 我真幸运 等不及了 |
[16:24] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[16:35] | Hello? | 喂 |
[16:36] | Yeah, I got some flowers here. | 我收到了一束花 |
[16:38] | I’m trying to figure out who they’re from. | 我想搞清楚是谁送的 |
[16:40] | There should be a card. | 上面应该有卡片 |
[16:41] | Yeah, there is. | 上面有卡片 |
[16:42] | It says “Abishola,” | 写着 “艾比希拉” |
[16:43] | but I figured it’s a mistake | 我觉得是弄错了 |
[16:45] | because I know how you feel about flowers at work. | 因为我了解你对往工作地点送花的看法 |
[16:48] | Very funny. | 非常好笑 |
[16:50] | It was sweet of you to send me flowers the other day. | 那天你给我送花其实是件很甜蜜的事 |
[16:53] | I should not have reacted the way I did. | 我不应该反应那么大 |
[16:55] | Well, you were under a lot of pressure. | 你当时压力很大 |
[16:57] | And for what? | 我图点什么 |
[16:58] | Did you know the charge nurses spend | 你知道护士长照顾病人的时间 |
[16:59] | far less time with patients? | 要少得多吗 |
[17:01] | I did not. | 我不知道 |
[17:02] | And above that, | 除此以外 |
[17:03] | the head nurse is not on the floor at all. | 总护士长压根就不待在病区 |
[17:05] | With each promotion, you get further away | 每一次升职 你就离照顾病人这件事 |
[17:07] | from taking care of people. | 更远一些 |
[17:09] | Well, maybe you learned you’re happy where you’re at. | 也许你现在了解了哪种工作会让你更快乐 |
[17:11] | That makes it worthwhile. | 那也算是没白费功夫 |
[17:13] | No, I do not want to do this forever. | 不 我不想永远做这份工作 |
[17:16] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[17:16] | Not when I have other options | 我现在有了别的选择 |
[17:18] | that can make me happier. | 会让我更加快乐 |
[17:19] | I am so glad to hear you say that. | 我很高兴听见你这么说 |
[17:22] | I have decided to become a doctor. | 我决定成为一名医生 |
[17:26] | I got to learn to let you finish. | 我老记不住先让你说完 |
[17:29] | It’s going to be a long, hard road, | 这会是一条非常漫长和艰辛的路途 |
[17:31] | but I know I can be great at it. | 但是我知道我会做得很好的 |
[17:35] | I know you can, too. | 我知道你会的 |
[17:38] | So, what are we talking? | 需要多长时间 |
[17:39] | Six years of school? | 六年医学院吗 |
[17:41] | Eight. | 八年 |
[17:42] | Then residency, | 然后是住院医师 |
[17:44] | then fellowship, then specialization. | 然后是研究生 然后是专科医生 |
[17:47] | And there’s the “Thens.” | 然后还有这么多 “然后” |
[17:51] | I know. Isn’t it great? | 我知道 是不是很棒 |
[18:01] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[18:05] | Well, don’t just sit there, Douglas. | 别干坐着啊 道格拉斯 |
[18:07] | Take her coat. | 帮她拿外套 |
[18:08] | Allow me. | 让我来 |
[18:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:11] | Would you like some tea, coffee– oh, kombucha? | 你想喝茶吗 咖啡 或者红茶菌 |
[18:14] | Thank you, I’m okay. | 谢谢 不用了 |
[18:15] | Please, let us serve you. | 拜托了 让我们服务吧 |
[18:17] | Yeah, w-why don’t you sitdown | 你要不要坐下来 |
[18:18] | and I’ll make you some scrambled eggs? | 我给你做点炒蛋 |
[18:20] | Oh, I don’t want scrambled eggs. | 我不想吃炒蛋 |
[18:20] | I’m gonna make you scrambled eggs and you’re gonna eat them. | 我给你做炒蛋然后你吃了 |
[18:24] | Allow me. | 让我来 |
[18:38] | We really missed you. | 我们真的很想你 |