时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | – Your husband is coming to America. – What? | -你丈夫要来美国了 -什么 |
[00:05] | Tayo wants to pick Dele up from school. | 塔约想去学校接德勒 |
[00:09] | He could not get the lioness. | 他得不到母狮 |
[00:10] | And now he set his sights on the cub. | 现在把目光转向了幼崽 |
[00:13] | Dele is my son. | 德勒是我儿子 |
[00:14] | That is true. | 没错 |
[00:16] | But do not forget. | 但别忘了 |
[00:17] | I am the one raising him. | 是我在养他 |
[00:21] | That reminds me, I could use a new steamer. | 提醒了我 我需要一台新挂烫机 |
[00:23] | I will send you a photo of the one I want. | 我会把我想要的那台的照片发给你 |
[00:26] | For your birthday? | 作为你的生日礼物吗 |
[00:27] | For Dele to bring. | 让德勒帮我带回来 |
[00:28] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[00:29] | When he comes to visit Nigeria with his father. | 在他和他爸回尼日利亚的时候 |
[00:32] | Nobody talked to me about this. | 没人和我说过 |
[00:34] | Well, Tayo talked to me. | 塔约和我说了 |
[00:35] | It is not his decision. | 这不是他能做的决定 |
[00:37] | Hey, you don’t want Dele to come see his own grandmother? | 你不想让德勒回来看他的外婆吗 |
[00:40] | You want a stranger to bring my steamer? | 你想让陌生人帮我带挂烫机吗 |
[00:44] | I will tell your father that you do not want to go. | 我会和你爸说你不想去 |
[00:47] | But I do. | 但我想 |
[00:49] | What? | 什么 |
[00:50] | I want to go with my dad. | 我想和我爸去 |
[00:52] | Please, Mum. | 拜托了妈 |
[00:53] | It’s only for the summer. | 只是一夏天 |
[00:55] | This is really what you want? | 你真的想去吗 |
[00:57] | Yes, Mum. | 是啊 妈 |
[00:59] | I see. | 我了解了 |
[01:14] | – Who is it? – It’s Bob. | -谁 -我是鲍勃 |
[01:16] | Is there anyone else with you? | 有人和你一起吗 |
[01:18] | No, just me. | 没有 只有我 |
[01:20] | Are you sure? I didn’t see you check. | 你确定吗 我没看到你检查身后 |
[01:25] | I am the only one in the hallway. | 我是走廊里唯一的活人 |
[01:29] | I’ll let you in, but be quick. | 我让你进来 但速度要快 |
[01:31] | Can you open the door a little more? | 你能把门再开大点吗 |
[01:35] | What is going on? | 怎么回事 |
[01:38] | I am not to let anyone in | 我不让任何可能 |
[01:39] | who could be a relative of Tayo. | 是塔约亲戚的人进屋 |
[01:41] | Do I look like a relative of Tayo? | 我看着像塔约亲戚吗 |
[01:45] | You will regret coming here. | 你会后悔来这里的 |
[01:46] | You can cut the tension with an obe. | 屋里的紧张气氛都能用欧贝切开了 |
[01:49] | Obe means knife. | 欧贝是刀的意思 |
[01:52] | Got it. | 懂了 |
[01:53] | I don’t think you do “Got it.” | 我觉得你没有”懂了” |
[01:54] | Because you are still here. | 因为你还在这里 |
[01:56] | Does this have anything to do with Dele going to Nigeria? | 这事和德勒要去尼日利亚有关吗 |
[01:58] | It is about him not going. | 是有关他不去 |
[01:59] | Abishola has gone against his father’s wishes | 艾比希拉违背了孩子他爸的愿望 |
[02:01] | and forbidden it. | 不允许德勒去 |
[02:03] | Well, she is his mother. | 毕竟她是他母亲 |
[02:04] | And Tayo is his father. | 塔约是他父亲 |
[02:05] | And you’re his uncle. What are we doing? | 你还是他叔叔呢 扯这亲戚关系干吗啊 |
[02:08] | Oh, it’s not good, Bob. | 情况不妙 鲍勃 |
[02:10] | The families are upset. | 那边的家人都很生气 |
[02:12] | Olu is upset. My stomach is upset. | 奥卢很生气 我的胃也不舒服 |
[02:16] | Well, how’s Dele? | 那德勒呢 |
[02:17] | Who cares? | 谁在乎 |
[02:20] | All I know is that Abishola was short with Olu. | 我只知道艾比希拉对奥卢很粗鲁 |
[02:23] | And that is tempting the devil. | 而那就像是试探魔鬼 |
[02:26] | And if you say I called Olu the devil, | 如果你说我叫奥卢魔鬼 |
[02:27] | I will call you a liar. | 我就说你是大骗子 |
[02:30] | I’ll go talk to Abishola. | 我去和艾比希拉谈谈 |
[02:33] | Be careful. | 小心 |
[02:34] | Sometimes when we try to help, | 有时我们想帮忙 |
[02:36] | we are adding petirolu to the fire. | 结果却是火上浇派特鲁 |
[02:39] | Petirolu means fuel. | 派特鲁是汽油的意思 |
[02:41] | Got it. | 懂了 |
[02:43] | He doesn’t got it. | 他根本不懂 |
[02:48] | Hey there. | 你好啊 |
[02:50] | Hello. | 好 |
[02:54] | Smells delicious. | 闻着好香 |
[02:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:59] | So, uh, small question… | 一个小问题 |
[03:01] | Dele is not going to Nigeria. | 德勒不能回尼日利亚 |
[03:03] | My decision is final. | 我的决定不会变 |
[03:04] | Okay. | 好的 |
[03:05] | I have raised him by myself, and his father cannot just | 我一个人把他养大 他父亲不能就这样 |
[03:07] | swoop in and take him away. | 大摇大摆把他抢走 |
[03:09] | Right. | 没错 |
[03:10] | All of this happened because you forced me | 这些都是因为你逼我 |
[03:11] | to let Dele have a choice in things. | 让德勒有选择权 |
[03:13] | Well, I don’t know that I forced you– | 我觉得不是我逼你吧 |
[03:15] | You’re right. It’s all my fault. | 你说得对 都是我的错 |
[03:18] | I am his mother. | 我是他母亲 |
[03:19] | And I know what is best for him. | 我知道什么对他来说是最好的 |
[03:20] | Not Tayo. | 不是塔约 |
[03:22] | Not Auntie. | 不是阿姨 |
[03:25] | Not Dele. | 不是德勒 |
[03:28] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[03:29] | – Do you still have a question? – I do not. | -你还有问题吗 -我没了 |
[03:31] | Good. | 很好 |
[03:34] | I’ll be out there. | 我去外面待会儿 |
[03:39] | By the way, you look beautiful tonight. | 对了 你今晚很美 |
[03:41] | All right. | 好吧 |
[04:12] | Well, you know dinner’s good when everybody’s quiet. | 既然大家都在沉默 晚餐真是享受啊 |
[04:17] | Real good. | 真的享受 |
[04:18] | Any more of that wine, Tunde? | 再来点红酒吗 通德 |
[04:20] | Nope. | 不了 |
[04:22] | Glad you liked it. | 很高兴你喜欢 |
[04:24] | I stopped tasting it three glasses ago. | 三杯之前我就尝不出味道了 |
[04:27] | I never even got a chance to taste it. | 我都没机会尝一尝 |
[04:30] | It’s not very good. | 不怎么好喝 |
[04:33] | Why are you not eating your food? | 你为什么不吃饭 |
[04:35] | I’m not hungry. | 我不饿 |
[04:36] | I made this food and you will eat it. | 我做了饭 你就要吃 |
[04:38] | I’m not hungry. | 我不饿 |
[04:40] | Just because you are upset about Nigeria | 只因为你对不能尼日利亚的事很生气 |
[04:42] | does not mean you will be disrespectful to me. | 并不意味着你能不尊重我 |
[04:44] | Eat your food. | 吃你的饭 |
[04:47] | No, thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[04:51] | I’ll take some more peas. | 我再来点豆子吧 |
[04:55] | You will do as I say. | 我说什么你就做什么 |
[05:03] | What’s going on? | 什么情况 |
[05:04] | Open rebellion. | 公然反抗 |
[05:09] | Since you do not want to eat your food, | 既然你不想吃饭 |
[05:11] | I will throw it in the garbage. | 那我就扔到垃圾桶里了 |
[05:13] | Give it here. | 给我 |
[05:15] | You will sit there and suffer while I eat your portion. | 我吃你的饭 你就坐在那里忍着 |
[05:21] | I’m sorry you had to see this. | 抱歉让你看到这一幕 |
[05:24] | I don’t even know what I’m watching. | 我都不知道我在看什么 |
[05:36] | Right here’s fine. | 就放这儿吧 |
[05:37] | I figure she’ll calm down soon and want Dele to have his things back. | 我确定她会冷静下来 让德勒回来拿东西 |
[05:41] | What did her son do? | 她儿子干什么了 |
[05:42] | Didn’t eat dinner. | 不吃饭 |
[05:43] | – That she prepared? – Yeah. | -她做的饭吗 -是的 |
[05:46] | He will not be seeing these things again. | 他不会再看到这些东西了 |
[05:48] | She even took his Air Jordans. | 她甚至拿走了他的乔丹 |
[05:50] | Oh, it is better than what my mother did with my shoes. | 我的鞋在我妈妈手里下场更惨 |
[05:53] | She would throw them at me. | 她用鞋扔我 |
[05:55] | – You’re kidding. – No. | -你在开玩笑 -没有 |
[05:56] | One time, I was standing at a bus stop, | 有一次 我在公交站 |
[05:58] | she drove past and | 她开车经过 |
[05:59] | hit me right between the eyes with one of my loafers. | 用我的休闲鞋砸我 正中两眼中间 |
[06:02] | A drive-by shoeing. | 飞车鞋击 |
[06:05] | My mother would punish me by making me sleep on the roof | 我妈妈惩罚我的方式 是让我睡房顶 |
[06:07] | and wear my sister’s clothes to school. | 穿着我妹妹的衣服上学 |
[06:10] | Boy, that makes a shoe to the face feel like an upgrade. | 这么一看还不如拿鞋砸脸呢 |
[06:13] | It wasn’t all bad. I developed a love for astronomy | 没那么糟 我产生了对天文学的兴趣 |
[06:16] | and found out I could wear the hell out of a pencil skirt. | 发现我可以穿铅笔裙 |
[06:19] | These experiences helped us learn and become better people. | 这些经历帮助我们学习 成为更好的自己 |
[06:24] | So you do that kind of thing with your kids? | 所以你也会这么对自己的孩子吗 |
[06:26] | Of course not. It is child abuse. | 当然不会 这是虐待儿童 |
[06:36] | Dele was such a good boy. | 德勒是个好孩子 |
[06:37] | He was. | 是的 |
[06:39] | And now I have lost him. | 现在我失去了他 |
[06:41] | You have. | 是的 |
[06:44] | Child, listen, you can’t blame yourself. | 孩子 你不能怪自己 |
[06:46] | I do not. | 我没有 |
[06:49] | Okay then. | 那好吧 |
[06:50] | The boy was silent and obedient | 在他爸爸来之前 这个孩子 |
[06:52] | before his father arrived. | 安静又听话 |
[06:54] | It could be that. | 可能是这样 |
[06:56] | Or just that you’ve got yourself a teenager now. | 也可能是他成长为青少年了 |
[07:00] | I did not raise him to be a teenager. | 我没有把他抚养成青少年 |
[07:03] | Did you think he was gonna skip it? | 你觉得他能跳过这个时期吗 |
[07:05] | Go from obedient child | 从一个听话的孩子 |
[07:06] | straight to obedient doctor? | 直接跳到听话的医生 |
[07:08] | That is what I told him to do. | 我就是这么教他的 |
[07:11] | You know, my eldest was very stubborn– I blamed his father. | 我家老大特别倔 我归咎于他的父亲 |
[07:16] | But then when my husband died, | 但我丈夫去世之后 |
[07:17] | the two younger ones were even worse. | 两个小家伙变本加厉了 |
[07:20] | And that’s when I realized | 在那时我意识到 |
[07:21] | the problem was them. | 问题在于他们 |
[07:25] | I do not even recognize Dele. | 我都不认识德勒了 |
[07:27] | Oh, yeah, suddenly they start | 是的 突然间他们就开始 |
[07:28] | talking back to you. | 跟你顶嘴 |
[07:29] | Having opinions. | 有自己的看法 |
[07:31] | When my James was 14, | 我家詹姆斯十四岁时 |
[07:33] | he started hanging out with the wrong crowd, | 开始跟坏人混在一起 |
[07:35] | skipping school, even got caught drinking. | 他逃学 还被抓到偷偷喝酒 |
[07:40] | Your child sounds like a criminal. | 你家孩子听起来像个罪犯 |
[07:44] | He was a teenager. | 他只是个青少年 |
[07:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:48] | Teenage criminal. | 少年犯 |
[07:55] | Grilled cheese? Hell yeah. | 烤奶酪吗 太棒了 |
[07:58] | This is for Dele. | 这是给德勒的 |
[07:59] | Abishola brought him to work | 艾比希拉带他来上班 |
[08:01] | to keep an eye on him and I figured he could use a little | 好盯着他 我觉得他需要 |
[08:03] | comfort food and a check-in | 吃点暖心的食物 |
[08:05] | from his Auntie Christina. | 和克里斯蒂娜阿姨的关怀 |
[08:07] | You’re gonna be an awesome aunt. | 你会是个很棒的阿姨 |
[08:09] | You think? | 你这么觉得 |
[08:10] | Yeah. You’re quirky, you’re out of touch with reality. | 是啊 你古怪 和现实脱节 |
[08:13] | All you need now is a cat you dress up | 你现在就缺一只能打扮的猫咪 |
[08:15] | and wheel around in a stroller. | 可以放在推车里推着走了 |
[08:20] | And you’re gonna be a fun uncle. | 你会是个有趣的叔叔 |
[08:22] | “Funcle” Doug. | “搞怪叔叔”道格 |
[08:23] | I don’t hate that. | 也不差啊 |
[08:25] | I’m clearly not ready to be a parent, | 我很显然没做好准备当爹 |
[08:27] | but I have a lot to offer as a funcle. | 不过作为搞怪叔叔倒有不少可以分享的 |
[08:31] | Shall we? | 来吧 |
[08:32] | Hey, don’t bring up your therapist. | 不要跟他聊你的心理医生 |
[08:34] | Why would I bring up my therapist? | 我为什么要聊我的心理医生 |
[08:35] | ‘Cause you always bring up your therapist. | 因为你总是会跟别人聊你的心理医生 |
[08:40] | Hey, buddy. | 小家伙 |
[08:41] | Having a tough time? | 挺糟心的吧 |
[08:43] | Oh, no, um, I’m okay. | 没有 我还好 |
[08:44] | Well, this is in case you’re hungry. | 这个是为你万一饿了准备的 |
[08:47] | And these are in case you want to talk. | 这两个是为你万一想聊聊准备的 |
[08:51] | Thanks, but my mum told me not to bother you. | 谢谢了 但是我妈说让我别打扰你们 |
[08:54] | “Mums,” Right? | 妈妈们啊 |
[09:00] | Can you not tell my mum I’m eating this? | 你们能别告诉我妈我吃这个了吗 |
[09:02] | Oh, mum’s the word. | 我嘴被堵上了 |
[09:04] | That’s a funcle joke. | 这是搞怪叔叔的笑话 |
[09:05] | Stay in your lane. | 别撬行 |
[09:08] | I get scolded for not knowing enough about my Yoruba culture, | 她因为我不够了解约鲁巴文化批评我 |
[09:11] | yet I’m forbidden to visit the place where I’m from. | 然后又不准我去探访我的出生地 |
[09:13] | Ooh, been there. | 感同身受 |
[09:16] | I’m supposed to become a successful man. | 她想让我成为一个成功的人 |
[09:18] | But I’m not allowed to make a single choice. | 但是又不让我做任何决定 |
[09:21] | How does that prepare me for life? | 这样我怎么为未来做好准备 |
[09:30] | You know, I have a great therapist. | 你知道吗 我有个很棒的心理医生 |
[09:33] | What did I say? | 我怎么跟你说的 |
[09:35] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[09:39] | You know your son’s just testing your authority, right? | 你知道你儿子只是想要挑战你的权威 是吧 |
[09:41] | I know. | 我知道 |
[09:43] | You got to be careful though. | 这事你得小心处理 |
[09:44] | Every kid handles these kinds of moments differently. | 每个孩子在这个阶段的处理方式都不一样 |
[09:48] | I will manage. | 我能搞定 |
[09:49] | Why don’t we try doing the table circles? | 我们开始练习绕桌子转圈吧 |
[09:52] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[09:54] | Bob was easy. | 鲍勃好对付 |
[09:56] | When he acted out, all it took was a little guilt, | 他不听话的时候 只需要一点点负疚感 |
[09:59] | and he’d snap to. | 他就屈服了 |
[10:01] | “Oh, Bobby, when you don’t make your bed, | “鲍比 如果你不铺床 |
[10:03] | Mommy just wants to kill herself.” | 妈咪就会难过得想自杀” |
[10:07] | All right, maybe a lot of guilt. | 好吧 可能不止一点点负疚感 |
[10:09] | Try using both arms equally. | 试试两只手均衡用力 |
[10:11] | Douglas was trickier. | 道格拉斯有点棘手 |
[10:13] | You had to let him think he’d won. | 你得让他相信他赢了 |
[10:15] | Stick a couple of M&M’S underneath his spinach, | 他喜欢把巧克力藏在菠菜里面 |
[10:16] | that sort of thing. | 之类的事 |
[10:18] | Let’s do counterclockwise now. | 现在沿逆时针方向做 |
[10:20] | But Christina. | 不过克里斯蒂娜 |
[10:23] | she was like a top-heavy SUV on a mountain road. | 她就像是一辆山路上的顶级重型SUV |
[10:28] | You handle her wrong, and suddenly, | 你要是没处理好 突然之间 |
[10:29] | she’s catching fire and taking out a school bus. | 她就着火了然后跟一辆校车撞在一起 |
[10:33] | Okay, that is it for today. | 好了 今天就到这里了 |
[10:35] | I’m doling out some gems. | 我在向你传授我的智慧 |
[10:36] | You could at least pretend to listen. | 你起码假装听一下啊 |
[10:38] | I’m sorry, but I think Dele is different from your children. | 对不起 我觉得德勒和你的孩子不一样 |
[10:41] | Different how? | 怎么个不一样 |
[10:43] | Behind their backs, you call Douglas and Christina | 背着他们 你管道格拉斯和克里斯蒂娜叫 |
[10:45] | “Tweedle Dee and Tweedle D-minus.” | “小傻蛋和小小傻蛋” |
[10:48] | That’s not true, I said it to their face. | 才没有呢 我当着他们的面叫的 |
[10:51] | Well, in Nigeria, | 在尼日利亚 |
[10:52] | raising a child is about respect | 养育孩子在于教他们尊重 |
[10:54] | and discipline. | 以及自律性 |
[10:55] | I’m just saying, nobody’s got it all figured out. | 我就是想说 没人能全搞明白 |
[10:58] | There’s no right answer. | 没有正确答案 |
[11:00] | Well, my answer is more right. | 我的答案更加正确 |
[11:03] | Oh, really? | 真的吗 |
[11:05] | And your mother raised you the same way? | 你妈也是这样将你养大的吗 |
[11:06] | – Yes. – And how often do you talk to her? | -对 -那你多久和她说一次话 |
[11:09] | She calls every day. | 她每天都打给我 |
[11:11] | And I answer once a week. | 我一周接一次 |
[11:14] | Well, I talk to my kids morning, noon and night. | 我早上中午晚上都和我的子女说话 |
[11:17] | Beneath all that bickering, there’s love. | 在那些拌嘴之下 是爱 |
[11:21] | That’s why they’re not 8,000 miles away, | 所以他们没在八千英里之外 |
[11:23] | dodging my phone calls. | 躲我的电话 |
[11:25] | They live with me, they work with me. | 他们和我一起住 一起工作 |
[11:27] | Wherever I turn, there they are. | 不管我到哪 他们都在 |
[11:30] | That’s nice. | 那挺好的 |
[11:32] | They haunt my dreams, Abishola. | 我梦里都是他们 艾比希拉 |
[11:51] | Here. | 给 |
[11:54] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[11:56] | A dancing video game. | 跳舞游戏 |
[11:57] | I got it from Bob’s garage. | 我从鲍勃的车库里找到的 |
[12:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:03] | Since you like both dancing and video games. | 既然你喜欢跳舞也喜欢打游戏 |
[12:05] | This is a combination of the two. | 这是两者相结合 |
[12:08] | I’m familiar with it. | 我见过这个 |
[12:11] | Your father does not like you dancing. | 你爸不喜欢你跳舞 |
[12:14] | And neither do you. | 你也不喜欢 |
[12:15] | But I let you, and when we get home, | 但我让你跳 等我们到家 |
[12:18] | I’ll let you play this video game. | 我还会让你玩这个游戏 |
[12:20] | I can’t. | 我不能玩 |
[12:22] | Do not argue with me. | 别和我争 |
[12:23] | You will dance, and I will watch. | 你会跳 而我会看着 |
[12:27] | No, I want to play the game, but I can’t. | 不是 我想玩这个游戏 但我不能玩 |
[12:30] | I don’t have the console. | 我没游戏机 |
[12:33] | You cannot just plug this in the VCR? | 不能把这个直接插到录像机里吗 |
[12:35] | No, it doesn’t work that way. | 不能 不是那样用的 |
[12:37] | Then why do we have the VCR? | 那我们要录像机干什么 |
[12:41] | I really don’t know. | 我真的不知道 |
[12:43] | But, um… thanks for thinking of me. | 但 多谢你能想着我 |
[12:46] | I’m always thinking of you. | 我一直都想着你 |
[12:53] | So now will you eat? | 所以现在你会吃饭了吧 |
[12:55] | Can I go to Nigeria? | 我能去尼日利亚吗 |
[12:56] | – No. – Then I’m not hungry. | -不能 -那我不饿 |
[13:00] | Give me that. | 还给我 |
[13:18] | Tayo. | 塔约 |
[13:19] | I’m sorry to impose. | 抱歉打扰 |
[13:20] | I’m sorry, too. | 我也抱歉 |
[13:21] | If you came here thinking you could change my mind | 如果你来这 以为能让我改主意 |
[13:23] | about Dele going to Nigeria, | 同意德勒去尼日利亚 |
[13:24] | you are mistaken. | 那就大错特错了 |
[13:25] | I just came here to ask your permission to take him to school. | 我只是来征求你的许可 带他去学校 |
[13:29] | Nothing else. | 没别的事 |
[13:31] | My permission? | 我的许可 |
[13:32] | You’re his mother. I defer to you. | 你是他妈 我得听你的 |
[13:35] | Unless school is too far for a child to travel with his father. | 除非你觉得我送他去学校也太远了 |
[13:39] | Don’t be ridiculous. | 别傻了 |
[13:41] | I was under the impression you didn’t want me to see him at all. | 我还以为你完全不想我见他 |
[13:44] | That is not true. | 没有 |
[13:45] | Good. Because the more you try to keep your children close, | 很好 因为你越把孩子绑在身边 |
[13:49] | the more they push you away. | 他们把你推得越远 |
[13:51] | I’m sure you know a lot about pushing people away. | 我相信在推开别人这方面你是专家 |
[13:58] | Dele! Get your things. | 德勒 收拾好东西 |
[14:01] | You are going to school with your father. | 你爸送你去上学 |
[14:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:04] | Bye, Mum. | 拜 妈 |
[14:05] | And no gallivanting. | 不许闲逛 |
[14:06] | Come straight home after school. | 放学后马上回来 |
[14:08] | Yes, Mum. | 是 妈 |
[14:13] | I am a fool. | 我是个笨蛋 |
[14:14] | No, no. | 不 不是的 |
[14:16] | He is just smarter than you. | 他只是比你聪明 |
[14:23] | I am impressed. | 我很佩服 |
[14:24] | It took him very little time | 他只用了很短的时间 |
[14:26] | to destroy your relationship with Dele. | 就摧毁了你和德勒的关系 |
[14:28] | Tayo cannot come between us. | 塔约插不到我们中间来 |
[14:30] | He’s just taking him to school. | 他只是送他去学校 |
[14:31] | I’m sure Tayo will spend the whole drive talking | 我相信塔约一路上 |
[14:33] | about how wonderful you are. | 都会说你是多么好 |
[14:35] | He cannot poison my son against me. | 我儿子不会吃他那一套的 |
[14:37] | Because your son will not eat. | 因为你儿子什么都不吃 |
[14:41] | He would rather starve himself than listen to his mother. | 他宁愿饿肚子也不听他妈的话 |
[14:44] | Oh, my friend, I hate to see you so upset. | 我的朋友 我真不愿看你这么难过 |
[14:47] | This is the problem with only having one child. | 这就是只生一个孩子带来的烦恼 |
[14:50] | What? | 什么 |
[14:51] | I would say you have put all of your eggs in one basket, | 我本想说你把所有鸡蛋都放在了一个篮子里 |
[14:53] | but you only have the one egg. | 但你只有一个鸡蛋 |
[14:56] | Me? | 我呢 |
[14:57] | I have a stupid son, a lazy daughter. | 我有一个蠢儿子 一个懒女儿 |
[15:00] | But my youngest boy is a successful lawyer. | 但我最小的孩子是个成功的律师 |
[15:04] | He’s the one I love. | 我就喜欢他 |
[15:06] | Kemi, you love all your children. | 凯米 你应该喜欢你的每一个孩子 |
[15:10] | It’s a numbers game. | 这是个数字游戏 |
[15:11] | Every mother gets a few duds. | 每位母亲都有几件衣服 |
[15:13] | Dele is not a dud. | 德勒才不是衣服 |
[15:15] | Okay. You’re right. You’re right. | 好吧 你说得对 你说得对 |
[15:19] | He’s certainly your most successful child. | 他绝对是你最成功的孩子 |
[15:27] | I knew I didn’t throw it out. | 我就知道我没扔掉 |
[15:29] | Here are the dance mats, | 这里有舞蹈毯 |
[15:30] | the game system, | 游戏系统 |
[15:31] | and one of these is the power cord. | 然后其中一个是它的电源 |
[15:36] | Thank you. | 谢了 |
[15:37] | I can figure out which one if you want, | 如果你想的话 我可以帮你找出来 |
[15:39] | but I felt like making Dele earn it was more your style. | 但按照你的风格 我觉得该让德勒亲自来 |
[15:42] | Okay. | 好的 |
[15:43] | I never throw these things out. | 我一直没扔掉这堆玩意 |
[15:44] | I guess you could say I’m a “Corder.” | 你可以说我是个囤绳狂 |
[15:47] | A… corder. | 一个囤绳狂 |
[15:50] | I understood your unfunny joke. | 我听懂了你的冷笑话 |
[15:53] | Okay, just making sure. | 好吧 只是想确认下 |
[15:54] | Look, I’ve never raised a kid, | 我从没养过孩子 |
[15:57] | but from an outsider’s perspective, | 但从外人的角度来看 |
[15:59] | you’re doing a hell of a job. | 你做得很好 |
[16:01] | You’ll get through this, | 你会熬过去的 |
[16:02] | and I’m happy to help in any way I can. | 我愿意尽我所能帮助你 |
[16:05] | – You’d make a good father. – You think? | -你会是个好父亲 -是吗 |
[16:08] | You are supportive, a good provider. | 你很支持我 还有稳定的经济 |
[16:11] | Your jokes are old and not humorous. | 你的笑话老套又不好笑 |
[16:14] | I’ll take that as a compliment. | 我当你是夸我了 |
[16:17] | Did you ever want children? | 你想过要孩子吗 |
[16:21] | I did for a long time, | 想过很长一段时间 |
[16:23] | but with Lorraine, things were complicated. | 但和洛林在一起时很复杂 |
[16:27] | She struggled with infertility due to endometriosis. | 她因为子宫内膜异位没法怀孕 |
[16:32] | I was her nurse. I saw her files. | 我是她的护士 我看过她的档案 |
[16:35] | It’s funny, I kind of gave up on the whole idea. | 有意思的是 我本来都放弃了这个想法 |
[16:37] | But now, with you, | 但现在 跟你一起 |
[16:40] | yeah, I think I’d be up for it. | 我觉得我又可以了 |
[16:42] | I mean, assuming you are. | 我是说 如果你也可以的话 |
[16:44] | – I already have a child. – Right, obviously. | -我已经有个孩子了 -对 很显然 |
[16:46] | I’m not just going to have another one to replace him. | 我不会再生一个 然后替代他 |
[16:48] | I wasn’t saying that. | 我没这么说 |
[16:49] | Right now, I need to focus on Dele. | 现在 我只想集中在德勒身上 |
[16:51] | You brought it up. | 是你提起的 |
[16:52] | Maybe one day, we can talk about having children, | 也许有一天 我们能谈谈这事 |
[16:54] | but today is not that day. | 但不是今天 |
[16:56] | Again, you brought it up! | 再说一遍 是你提起的 |
[17:04] | Kaale, Mum. | 晚上好 妈妈 |
[17:06] | This is how you fold the shirts? | 你就这么叠衣服的 |
[17:12] | When my mother sees this, | 如果我妈妈看见了 |
[17:14] | she will think I did not raise you properly. | 她会觉得我没有好好管教你 |
[17:16] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[17:20] | You are going to Nigeria this summer. | 这个暑假你得去尼日利亚 |
[17:22] | – I am? – You will behave and represent this family well. | -是吗 -这样你才能好好地代表整个家族 |
[17:27] | – You will also call me every day. – Of course. | -你每天还要跟我打电话 -当然 |
[17:29] | Before the plane takes off, after it lands. | 起飞前 落地后 |
[17:32] | Before, during and after every car trip. | 每次车程前中后 |
[17:36] | Yes, Mum. | 好的 妈妈 |
[17:38] | It does not matter how things are with your father and me. | 我和你父亲的关系并不重要 |
[17:41] | This trip will be good for you. | 这次旅行能给你带来好处 |
[17:43] | That is what matters. | 这才重要 |
[17:45] | Thank you, Mum. | 谢谢 妈妈 |
[17:47] | And I will never be against you. | 我永远不会伤害你 |
[17:49] | Never. Do you understand? | 永不 你明白吗 |
[17:53] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[17:56] | I do not care that I only have one egg in my baskets. | 我才不管我的篮子里是不是只有一颗蛋 |
[18:00] | I love that egg, and I am proud of it. | 我喜欢这颗蛋 并为之骄傲 |
[18:04] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[18:05] | I will not say it again. | 好话不说第二遍 |
[18:08] | It’s almost time for dinner. | 差不多该吃晚饭了 |
[18:10] | I’m starving. I’ll go wash up. | 我快饿死了 这就去洗手 |
[18:13] | Finish folding these clothes. | 先把衣服叠完 |
[18:14] | And make it quick. | 搞快点 |
[18:15] | Uncle Tunde is already eyeing your portion. | 通德叔叔眼馋你那份很久了 |
[18:48] | That’s it, Bob. | 就这样 鲍勃 |
[18:49] | We are headed for the high score. | 我们要得高分了 |
[18:51] | I hope we get there before I have another heart attack. | 希望能在我下次心梗前得到 |
[18:54] | If you’d like a break, I could play. | 如果你想休息的话 我可以上 |
[18:56] | Hang on! | 等下一轮 |
[18:57] | We are doing so well, we can’t stop now! | 我们跳得很好 不能现在停下 |
[19:00] | The game’s on “Easy.” | 这是简单模式 |
[19:03] | Go to your room. | 回你房间去 |