时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | – Your husband is coming to America. – What? | -你丈夫要来美国了 -什么 |
[00:06] | That’s a nice dress. Tayo will like it. | 裙子真好看 塔约肯定会喜欢的 |
[00:09] | It’s not for him. | 不是给他准备的 |
[00:10] | I just grabbed any old thing from the closet. | 我只是刚从柜子里收拾了点旧衣服出来 |
[00:13] | Well, your old thing has a tag from Nordstrom’s. | 你的旧衣服上还有百货的标签 |
[00:17] | I do not want him to come here. | 我不希望他过来 |
[00:20] | A father must see his son. | 父亲总是要见见儿子的 |
[00:21] | Would you rather they eat at the Home of the Whopper? | 你难道更想去汉堡王之家吃吗 |
[00:25] | E kaabo, Dad. | 你好 爸爸 |
[00:27] | Look at you. | 瞧瞧你 |
[00:28] | You are a man now. | 你长成个男子汉了 |
[00:30] | *Star don’t like to talk too much* | *明星不喜欢话多* |
[00:31] | *Star like to keep it cool* | *明星喜欢耍酷* |
[00:33] | *Daz how star do* | *明星就是这样* |
[00:34] | *But if you vex star, oh* | *但如果你是邪星* |
[00:36] | *Star go give you two punch, too* | *明星也会给你两拳* |
[00:37] | *Yeah* | *没错* |
[00:39] | *I’m a superstar layeee…* | *我是个超级巨星* |
[00:42] | Here’s what you will do. | 你接下来要这么做 |
[00:43] | You will go to college and study medicine | 你要去上大学 学习医药 |
[00:45] | and this nonsense, | 还有这些胡搞 |
[00:48] | and when you graduate, | 等你毕业了 |
[00:49] | you and I will sit down together, | 我们俩再坐下来 |
[00:51] | and I will decide what is next. | 我会决定接下来怎么办 |
[00:54] | Thank you, Mum. That’s wonderful. | 谢谢你 妈妈 太好了 |
[01:01] | – Look who I ran into in the hallway. – Kaale, Abishola. | -瞧瞧我在走廊里碰到了谁 -晚上好 艾比希拉 |
[01:05] | Kaale. Come in. | 晚上好 进来吧 |
[01:06] | – After you. – I insist. | -你先请 -我坚持 |
[01:07] | – No, really. – Oh, but I couldn’t. | -不必了 -但我不能先进 |
[01:10] | Just come inside. | 别废话都进来吧 |
[01:12] | I have to go and check on dinner. | 我得去看看晚餐 |
[01:15] | This is a surprise. I didn’t see you in the elevator. | 这真是个意外 我没看到你坐电梯 |
[01:18] | Why take an elevator when it is only three floors? | 为什么要坐电梯 一共只有三层 |
[01:20] | Well, if you read the sign, it says in case of emergency, | 如果你看了标牌 上面写着如遇紧急情况 |
[01:23] | use the stairs. | 请用楼梯 |
[01:25] | Dele, the game is starting. | 德勒 比赛快开始了 |
[01:28] | – Hey, Dele. – Kaale, Bob. | -德勒 -晚上好 鲍勃 |
[01:30] | Kaale, Dad. | 晚上好 爸 |
[01:33] | Watching a little soccer, huh? | 看足球呢 |
[01:34] | Football. | 橄榄球[实为足球] |
[01:35] | No, it’s not. | 才不是 |
[01:37] | You’re welcome to watch with us. | 你可以跟我们一起看 |
[01:39] | No, thanks. I’m not a big fútbol guy. | 不 谢了 我不是橄榄球球迷 |
[01:43] | Perhaps you don’t understand the subtleties of the game. | 或许你不了解这项运动的精髓 |
[01:46] | Oh, I understand. It’s just the most boring thing I’ve ever seen. | 我了解的很 这是我见过最无聊的运动 |
[01:49] | You’re talking to a guy who makes socks for a living. | 我可是做袜子的生意人啊 |
[01:52] | Bob. | 鲍勃 |
[01:53] | I should go help. | 我该去帮忙了 |
[01:54] | Yes. The kitchen is a better place for you. | 是的 厨房更适合你 |
[01:57] | Yeah, that’s where the knives are. | 是啊 刀都在那呢 |
[01:59] | How come you didn’t tell me he was coming over? | 你怎么不告诉我他要过来 |
[02:02] | I said Tayo will be watching the game with Dele. | 我说了塔约要和德勒一起看比赛 |
[02:04] | I didn’t know you meant here. | 我不知道你说的是这里 |
[02:05] | Where did you think I meant? | 那不然你以为呢 |
[02:07] | I don’t know, a sports bar? | 说不好 运动酒吧 |
[02:09] | My son is not going to a bar. | 我儿子不能去酒吧 |
[02:10] | No, no, a bar is full of drunks. | 不不 普通酒吧全是醉鬼 |
[02:12] | A sports bar has drunks and their kids. | 运动酒吧则有醉鬼和他们的儿子 |
[02:14] | We are making dinner here. | 我们在家做晚饭 |
[02:16] | Right. Sundays are pork chops and Tayo. | 好吧 周日吃猪排和塔约 |
[02:19] | A boy should spend time with his father. | 儿子应该和父亲在一起 |
[02:22] | That almost sounded like you meant it. | 这听上去好像你是真心的 |
[02:25] | Are you doing all right with all this? | 你接受发生的这一切吗 |
[02:27] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[02:28] | You sure? | 你确定 |
[02:29] | You don’t have to talk about it if you don’t want to. | 如果你不想可以不说 |
[02:31] | I mean, I’m not good with this stuff, either. | 我也不擅长这种东西 |
[02:33] | What stuff? | 什么东西 |
[02:34] | You know, emotional stuff. | 感情上的事 |
[02:37] | You’re right. You’re not good at it. | 你说得对 你不擅长 |
[02:40] | But I’m fine. | 但我很好 |
[02:43] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:46] | But are you? ‘Cause sometimes I say I’m fine | 但真的吗 因为有时候我说我很好 |
[02:48] | when I’m, you know, not fine. | 但其实我不好 |
[02:50] | – Bob. – Got it. | -鲍勃 -懂了 |
[02:53] | – I’m fine, too. – Good. | -我也很好 -那就好 |
[02:57] | See, this is one of those times where I said I’m fine, | 你瞧 这就是那种我说我很好 |
[02:59] | but I’m not fine. | 但其实我不好的时候 |
[03:01] | Chop tomatoes or go and watch football. | 切西红柿 不然就去看橄榄球 |
[03:04] | There’s more action with the tomatoes. | 切西红柿的动作还能多点 |
[03:32] | My potato salad should receive a Michelin star. | 我的土豆沙拉应该获得米其林一星 |
[03:35] | They don’t review hospital cafeterias. | 他们不测评医院的餐厅 |
[03:38] | Well, they should. Good food is good food. | 他们应该 好吃就是好吃 |
[03:41] | The best meal I ever ate was in a Turkish prison. | 我吃过最美味的一餐是在土耳其监狱 |
[03:44] | Why were you in a Turkish prison? | 你怎么进 土耳其监狱的 |
[03:47] | I didn’t have to disclose that to get this job, | 我申请这份工作时又不用说这些 |
[03:49] | and I don’t have to disclose it now. | 现在也无需说 |
[03:55] | Tayo wants to pick Dele up from school. | 塔约想去学校接德勒 |
[03:57] | Yeah, he could not get the lioness, | 是啊 他得不到母狮 |
[03:59] | and now he’s set his sights on the cub. | 现在把目光转向了幼崽 |
[04:02] | He just wants to spend time with him. | 他只是想多陪陪他 |
[04:04] | Oh, yeah, being the fun dad | 可不嘛 做个有趣的老爸 |
[04:06] | while you get stuck being the bad cop. | 而你只能做坏警察 |
[04:08] | The bad cop? | 坏警察 |
[04:10] | Yeah. You know, the one telling him to clean his room, | 对 就是让他打扫房间 |
[04:12] | do his homework, punishing him. | 写作业 惩罚他的人 |
[04:14] | That sounds like a good cop to me. | 这听上去像好警察 |
[04:17] | Oh, that poor cub. | 可怜的幼崽 |
[04:20] | I hate to say it, but it’s easier when the husband is dead. | 我讨厌这么说 但如果丈夫死了事情更简单 |
[04:24] | You don’t hate to say it. You say that all the time. | 你不讨厌说这些 你一天到晚说 |
[04:26] | Yes, but you have to say you hate to say it. | 是的 但你必须要说 你讨厌这么说 |
[04:29] | You shouldn’t say it at all. | 你就不该说 |
[04:31] | Why not? It’s a fact. | 为什么 这是事实 |
[04:33] | You don’t have to deal with a messy divorce. | 你就不用忍受难熬的离婚 |
[04:35] | And you never have to see them on the arm of another woman. | 你也不用看着他们在另一个女人怀里 |
[04:38] | And sometimes you can get a little money. | 有时候你还能拿点小钱 |
[04:40] | And he’s not there | 他也不会在边上 |
[04:41] | to tell you how to spend it. | 教你怎么花钱 |
[04:44] | I’m gonna admit it does sound pretty good. | 我承认听起来是很不错 |
[04:47] | You hate to say it. | 你讨厌这么说 |
[04:48] | Oh, yeah. I-I hate to say it. | 没错 我讨厌这么说 |
[04:58] | You guys ready? All right, five, six, seven, eight. | 你们准备好了吗 五六七八 |
[05:20] | Okay, that was really good. | 刚刚很不错 |
[05:22] | As soon as Mark figures out the routine isn’t all about him, | 只要马克想明白排练不是以他为中心的 |
[05:25] | it’ll be perfect. | 就很完美了 |
[05:26] | Everyone take a break and, | 大家都休息一下 |
[05:28] | uh, we’ll run it through one more time. | 我们等一下再过一遍 |
[05:29] | Dele. | 德勒 |
[05:32] | That’s my dad. | 那是我爸爸 |
[05:33] | We’re done for the day. I’ll see you guys later. | 今天就这样吧 我们回头见 |
[05:36] | – See you later. – See ya! Bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[05:44] | When your mother said you had practice, | 你妈妈说你要练习的时候 |
[05:46] | I was expecting a sport. | 我还以为是什么运动 |
[05:47] | Basketball, football. | 篮球 橄榄球什么的 |
[05:49] | Not this cheerleading nonsense. | 不是这种跟拉拉队一样的鬼混 |
[05:52] | It’s not cheerleading. It’s a dance group that I started. | 这不是拉拉队 是我创的街舞社 |
[05:55] | Oh, so you are the cheerleader leader? | 那你是拉拉队队长的队长吗 |
[06:00] | Choreographer. | 编舞 |
[06:02] | What? Speak up, now. | 什么 大声点 |
[06:04] | Or are you as embarrassed by this as I am? | 还是说你和我一样也觉得丢脸 |
[06:09] | You need to pick a career that will give you a good life. | 你要选择能给你带来幸福生活的职业 |
[06:12] | There is no future with this dancing business. | 这种跳舞的行当是没有未来的 |
[06:15] | I’m still going to be a doctor. I’m just doing this for fun. | 我还是会做医生的 我这么做只是兴趣 |
[06:18] | Not anymore. It is unmanly. | 现在也不是了 根本不男人 |
[06:24] | Yes, Dad. | 好的 爸爸 |
[06:27] | You will stop this nonsense. | 你要停止你的胡闹 |
[06:29] | One day, you will understand and thank me. | 总有一天 你会理解我 感谢我 |
[06:33] | Yes, Dad. | 好的 爸爸 |
[06:37] | And don’t worry. This is not your fault. | 别担心 这不是你的错 |
[06:41] | I blame your mother. | 都怪你的母亲 |
[06:49] | Come in. | 请进 |
[06:52] | – You wanted to see us? – Yeah. | -你想见我们 -是的 |
[06:54] | Why do people think this is good? | 为什么人们会觉得这个好看 |
[06:56] | You mean soccer? And you mean 80% of the world’s population? | 你是说足球吗 还有全世界八成的人吗 |
[07:00] | Help me out here. | 帮帮我 |
[07:01] | I’m trying to enjoy it, but nothing’s happening. | 我也想好好看 但到现在什么都没发生 |
[07:04] | Oh, it would be an honor to use company time | 我很荣幸能在工作时间帮你 |
[07:07] | to help you appreciate this beautiful game. | 好好欣赏这精彩的比赛 |
[07:11] | Why was that exciting? | 这有什么好兴奋的 |
[07:13] | He was offside. | 他越位了 |
[07:14] | – Okay. – Which means | -好吧 -也就是说 |
[07:15] | the teammate he was passing to | 他传球给了一个 |
[07:17] | was a little ahead of the backmost defender. | 身位比最后一个防守队员更靠后的队友 |
[07:20] | And that’s exciting? | 那让人很兴奋吗 |
[07:22] | No. But it is almost exciting. | 不 但挺兴奋的 |
[07:26] | The beauty of football is, | 足球的魅力在于 |
[07:27] | everything has to go just right for success to be achieved. | 要做对所有的事才能取得成功 |
[07:30] | It is like the old ketchup commercial. | 简直就像是那个老番茄酱广告 |
[07:32] | Do you remember? | 你还记得吗 |
[07:34] | *Anticipation* | *期待* |
[07:38] | *Anticipation, it’s* | *期待啊* |
[07:41] | *Making me wait.* | *让你好好等待* |
[07:43] | The ketchup tastes better | 那个番茄酱味道好 |
[07:44] | – because you have to wait for it. – I never waited. | -因为你必须要等 -我从来不等 |
[07:47] | – I just always shoved a butter knife up there. – Ah, yes. | -我总是直接上黄油刀 -对 |
[07:50] | Americans have no patience for anything. | 美国人一点耐心都没有 |
[07:52] | Except iPhones. They’re happy to wait in line for iPhones. | 除了苹果手机 他们很乐意排队等苹果手机 |
[07:56] | Mr. Wheeler, you’re a good businessman | 维勒先生 你是一个优秀的商人 |
[07:59] | because you see a problem | 因为你看到了一个问题 |
[08:00] | and you go right at it. | 就会去解决 |
[08:02] | But there are times where that strategy | 但是有时候 这种策略 |
[08:03] | will not work. | 是没用的 |
[08:05] | Football, women and ketchup. | 足球 女人和番茄酱 |
[08:07] | These are things you must be patient with. | 有些东西必须要有耐心 |
[08:09] | What do you know about women? | 你懂什么女人 |
[08:11] | For your information, in the city of Detroit, | 我告诉你 到了底特律 |
[08:13] | my accent is very sexy. | 我的口音就是最性感的 |
[08:17] | Why is everybody getting worked up? | 大家为什么都这么激动 |
[08:19] | The guy just tripped. | 那家伙摔倒了而已 |
[08:20] | Because the other man just touched his ankle, | 因为有人拉了他的脚踝 |
[08:22] | so now he’s getting a yellow card. | 所以他吃黄牌了 |
[08:24] | Does it say “Get well soon”? | 黄牌上写着”早日康复”吗 |
[08:27] | No. | 不 |
[08:28] | It’s a warning. If it occurs again, | 那是一个警告 如果再有下次 |
[08:29] | he’ll be shown a red card. | 他就要吃红牌了 |
[08:31] | Oh, what’s next? He gets put in time-out? | 接下来呢 他就去休息了吗 |
[08:34] | Yes. | 是的 |
[08:37] | Now what? | 又怎么了 |
[08:39] | There is a beach ball in the stands. | 观众席有一个沙滩球 |
[08:46] | Get out of here. | 滚出去 |
[08:54] | Kaale, Auntie. Kaale, Uncle. | 你好 阿姨 叔叔 |
[08:56] | There is something wrong with your son. | 你的儿子有点不对劲 |
[08:59] | Is he sick? | 他生病了吗 |
[09:00] | No. He is mopey. | 不 他很不开心 |
[09:03] | We did what we could. | 我们想尽了办法 |
[09:04] | I yelled at him. | 我骂了他 |
[09:05] | Olu had him clean the bathroom. | 奥卢让他去扫了厕所 |
[09:07] | There is nothing more we can do. | 我们已经没有办法了 |
[09:16] | Kaale, Mom. | 你好 妈妈 |
[09:18] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[09:19] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[09:20] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[09:22] | But be un-mopey by dinner. | 但晚饭前调整好情绪 |
[09:25] | I decided to stop dancing. | 我决定不再跳舞了 |
[09:28] | Because it is ridiculous. | 因为跳舞很荒唐 |
[09:31] | Because Dad told me to. | 因为爸爸让我不要跳 |
[09:34] | I see. | 明白了 |
[09:37] | And, uh… | 那么… |
[09:40] | How do you… | 你有什么… |
[09:44] | …feel? | …感觉 |
[09:47] | – I feel like I should stop dancing. – Good. | -我感觉我应该不再跳舞 -很好 |
[09:50] | That’s the correct feeling. | 这是正确的感觉 |
[09:53] | But, uh… | 不过… |
[09:55] | do you feel other… | 你有其他的… |
[10:02] | …feelings? | …感觉吗 |
[10:05] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[10:06] | Don’t make me ask you again. | 别逼我重复一遍 |
[10:09] | I’m… | 我… |
[10:12] | I’m not happy about it. | 我觉得不开心 |
[10:13] | That’s what I thought. | 我也是这么想的 |
[10:18] | See you later. | 过会儿见 |
[10:22] | – Are you hungry? – No. | -你饿不饿 -不饿 |
[10:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:43] | – Chili ready? – Not yet. | -辣酱好了吗 -还没有 |
[10:45] | Needs time for the flavor to build. | 需要多炖一会儿味道才能出来 |
[10:47] | Well, better hurry. | 最好快点 |
[10:49] | The Sun is gonna set in 17 minutes. | 十七分钟后太阳就下山了 |
[10:51] | So what? | 那又怎么样 |
[10:52] | I’m intermittent fasting. | 我在做间歇性断食 |
[10:54] | I’m only eating sunup until sundown. | 我只可以在日出到日落这段时间内吃东西 |
[10:59] | Oh, maybe I’ll try that with drinking. | 或许我可以用这个方法来喝酒 |
[11:02] | I think that’s called intermittent alcoholism. | 我觉得这个可以叫间歇性酗酒 |
[11:06] | You can’t rush chili. You got to be patient. | 做辣酱急不得 必须要有耐性 |
[11:10] | Oh, my God. Soccer is chili. | 我的天啊 足球和辣酱一个道理 |
[11:17] | Hey, what’s up? | 喂 怎么了 |
[11:18] | I need your help with feelings. | 我需要你帮忙处理一个感觉问题 |
[11:21] | okay, yeah. | 好啊 可以 |
[11:22] | You said I could come to you. | 你说过我可以来找你帮忙的 |
[11:24] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[11:24] | I’m here. I’m putting on my emotional support hat. | 我就在这里 让我戴上精神支持专用帽 |
[11:27] | You need a hat for this? | 你还得戴专用的帽子才行 |
[11:29] | No, I just… What happened? | 不是 那个是… 发生什么事了 |
[11:33] | Dele’s upset because his father made him | 德勒不开心 因为他的父亲 |
[11:34] | stop dancing, and I didn’t know who else to call. | 不让他跳舞 我不知道该找谁帮忙 |
[11:37] | All right. Well, let’s talk it through. | 好吧 咱们好好谈谈这件事 |
[11:38] | – That’s what partners do. – Thank you, Bob. | -伴侣之间就应该这样 -谢谢 鲍勃 |
[11:41] | So, Tayo’s starting to influence Dele. | 那么 塔约开始影响德勒 |
[11:44] | Is that weird for you? | 你会感觉怪怪的吗 |
[11:46] | Why does that matter? | 那有什么关系 |
[11:48] | I thought you wanted to talk about your feelings. | 我还以为你想谈谈你的感觉 |
[11:50] | No, I don’t want to talk about my feelings. | 不 我不想谈我的感觉 |
[11:52] | I want you to talk to Dele about his feelings. | 我想让你跟德勒谈谈他的感觉 |
[11:56] | Okay. But how are you doing with it? | 好吧 但是你现在的感受如何 |
[11:59] | Will you stop with this nonsense and come and help? | 你能不能别说那么多废话 赶紧过来帮忙 |
[12:01] | – Now? – Yes, now. My son is having feelings. | -现在吗 -对 现在 我儿子有感觉了 |
[12:05] | I’ll get my hat. My real hat. | 我去戴帽子 真的帽子 |
[12:10] | I’m going over to Abishola’s. | 我去艾比希拉家一趟 |
[12:13] | The chili’s not very good, Bob. | 辣酱不太好吃啊 鲍勃 |
[12:16] | It’s a bit off. | 味不太够 |
[12:18] | Next time, maybe let it cook a little longer. | 下次最好多煮一会儿 |
[12:30] | Oh,yeah | 好了 |
[12:31] | Tell Bob about your feelings. | 跟鲍勃说说你的感觉吧 |
[12:32] | Knock, knock. | 敲敲门 |
[12:34] | – What are you doing? – It’s his room. | -你在干什么 -这是他的房间 |
[12:36] | It is my room. I just allow him to sleep in it. | 这是我的房间 我只不过允许他睡在这里而已 |
[12:40] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事了 |
[12:41] | Bob is here to take away your unhappiness. | 鲍勃是来带走你的不开心的 |
[12:44] | Hey, buddy. How you doing? | 喂 哥们 你还好吗 |
[12:47] | Good. | 很好 |
[12:48] | You see? | 看见了吧 |
[12:50] | He says he’s good, but look at his face. | 他说他很好 但是看看他的脸 |
[12:51] | That is not a good face. | 那不是一张感觉很好的脸 |
[12:54] | Why don’t you just give us a minute? | 可以让我们单独待会儿吗 |
[12:57] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[13:01] | Just because you’re unhappy | 虽然你现在不开心 |
[13:02] | does not mean you have to be dirty. | 不代表你就可以邋遢了 |
[13:08] | She’s worried about you. | 她很担心你 |
[13:10] | I know. She never does my laundry. | 我知道 她以前从来不帮我洗衣服 |
[13:13] | – Who does? – I do. | -那谁洗 -我洗 |
[13:15] | Right. Nigerian. | 对了 尼日利亚人 |
[13:17] | Look, we don’t have to talk | 你要是不想谈 |
[13:18] | about anything you don’t want to talk about. | 我们就不用谈 |
[13:20] | I’m just checking in. | 我只是来看看你 |
[13:22] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[13:24] | You’re fine. | 你是很好 |
[13:25] | Well, when you’re looking for a hobby to replace dancing, | 如果你想要找个别的爱好来代替跳舞 |
[13:27] | don’t pick poker. | 别选扑克牌 |
[13:29] | She’s glad I’m not dancing. | 她很高兴我不跳舞了 |
[13:32] | She’s just angry I’m quitting because of my dad. | 她只是生气我是因为我父亲才放弃跳舞的 |
[13:35] | Why are you quitting? You love dancing. | 你为什么要放弃 你喜欢跳舞 |
[13:38] | When has that ever mattered? | 那又有什么关系呢 |
[13:39] | That’s all that matters. | 那是唯一有关系的 |
[13:42] | Look, at the end of the day, it’s your life. | 归根结底 这是你的生活 |
[13:44] | Not your mom’s. Not your dad’s. | 不是你母亲的 也不是你父亲的 |
[13:47] | So what do you want to do? | 那么你想要做什么 |
[13:51] | I want to keep dancing. | 我想要继续跳舞 |
[13:52] | I thought so. | 我也这么想 |
[13:55] | I’m intuitive that way. | 我的直觉非常准的 |
[13:57] | Very in touch with my feelings. | 和我的感觉紧密连接 |
[14:01] | Thanks, Bob. | 谢了 鲍勃 |
[14:03] | Oh, and by the way, I agree with you about soccer. | 顺便说一句 我同意你对于足球的看法 |
[14:05] | – Really? – It’s so boring. | -真的吗 -太无聊了 |
[14:08] | Okay, honestly, this is the best conversation I’ve ever had. | 好吧 说句实话 这是我最愉快的一次谈话了 |
[14:20] | Kaasan, Tayo. | 你好 塔约 |
[14:21] | Kaasan, Abishola. | 你好 艾比希拉 |
[14:23] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[14:24] | Yes, we do. | 是需要谈谈 |
[14:29] | Yesterday, I saw my son climbing a human pyramid. | 昨天我看到我儿子爬上了一座人体金字塔 |
[14:33] | He looked like a cherry on top of a sundae. | 他看起来就像是圣代顶上的樱桃 |
[14:36] | This is what you want, this dancing? | 这就是你想要的吗 他跳舞 |
[14:38] | Of course not. It is nonsense. | 当然不是 那是胡闹 |
[14:40] | Okay, then what is the problem? | 好 那问题是什么 |
[14:42] | It should be his choice. | 应该是他的选择 |
[14:45] | I know how stupid that sounds. | 我知道这听上去有多蠢 |
[14:47] | But he’s a good boy, and I trust him. | 但他是个好孩子 我相信他 |
[14:50] | And I know how stupid that sounds. | 我也知道这听上去有多蠢 |
[14:52] | And what I’m about to say next will sound even more stupid. | 而我接下来要说的会听上去更蠢 |
[14:56] | I want my son to be happy. | 我想我儿子开开心心的 |
[14:59] | So, to make him happy, | 为了让他开心 |
[15:00] | you’ll just let him do whatever he likes? | 你就让他为所欲为吗 |
[15:02] | If doing whatever he likes means working hard, | 如果他为所欲为的意思是努力学习 |
[15:05] | getting straight As, | 成绩全优 |
[15:07] | and doing this stupid dance thing on the side, | 在这之外干这个跳舞的蠢事 |
[15:10] | then yes. | 那么没错 |
[15:13] | You both have become too American. | 你们两个都变得太美国人了 |
[15:16] | Because that is where you dragged us | 因为那就是你把我们拖来的地方 |
[15:19] | and it is where you left us. | 也是你离开了我们的地方 |
[15:22] | Dele is my son. | 德勒是我儿子 |
[15:23] | That is true. | 没错 |
[15:25] | But do not forget, | 但别忘了 |
[15:27] | I am the one raising him. | 是我在养他 |
[15:37] | Mummy, lift the screen. | 妈咪 把屏幕抬起来点 |
[15:40] | Is that better? | 好点了吗 |
[15:44] | Much better. | 好多了 |
[15:46] | That is a lovely dress. | 裙子好漂亮 |
[15:48] | Thank you. It is new. Dry-clean only. | 谢谢 是新买的 只能干洗 |
[15:51] | Very nice. | 真好 |
[15:52] | That reminds me, I could use a new steamer. | 提醒了我 我需要一台新挂烫机 |
[15:55] | I will send you a photo of the one I want. | 我会把我想要的那台的照片发给你 |
[15:57] | For your birthday? | 作为你的生日礼物吗 |
[15:58] | – For Dele to bring. – What are you talking about? | -让德勒帮我带回来 -你在说什么 |
[16:01] | When he comes to visit Nigeria with his father. | 在他和他爸回尼日利亚的时候 |
[16:03] | He’s not going to Nigeria. | 他没要回尼日利亚 |
[16:05] | I believe a ticket has been bought. | 但机票已经订好了 |
[16:07] | Nobody talked to me about this. | 没人和我说过 |
[16:09] | Well, Tayo talked to me. | 塔约和我说了 |
[16:11] | It is not his decision. | 这不是他能做的决定 |
[16:13] | You don’t want Dele to come see his own grandmother? | 你不想让德勒回来看他的外婆吗 |
[16:16] | You want a stranger to bring my steamer? | 你想让陌生人帮我带挂烫机吗 |
[16:20] | I have to go, Mummy. | 我得下了 妈咪 |
[16:22] | – Abishola, wait. – Yes. | -艾比希拉 等一下 -什么事 |
[16:25] | Your hair looks terrible today. | 你的头发今天看上去糟透了 |
[16:31] | We need to talk to you. | 我们需要和你谈谈 |
[16:33] | He is a teenage boy. | 他是个十几岁的男孩 |
[16:34] | Knocking is best for everybody. | 敲门对大家都好 |
[16:38] | Your father wants to take you to Nigeria. | 你爸想带你回尼日利亚 |
[16:40] | Yes, he told me. | 对 他跟我说了 |
[16:41] | He cannot force you to do anything you don’t want to do. | 他不能强迫你干任何你不想干的事 |
[16:45] | Because… | 因为 |
[16:47] | Because it is your choice. | 因为这应该是你的选择 |
[16:51] | And… | 而且 |
[16:55] | You want Dele to be happy. | 你想德勒开开心心的 |
[16:58] | You do? | 你想吗 |
[16:59] | Of course I do. Didn’t you hear what he just said? | 我当然想 你没听见他刚说的吗 |
[17:03] | You were doing so good. | 你本来做得很好的 |
[17:06] | Don’t worry. | 不用担心 |
[17:08] | I will tell your father that you do not want to go. | 我会和你爸说你不想去 |
[17:11] | But I do. | 但我想 |
[17:13] | What? | 什么 |
[17:14] | I want to go with my dad. | 我想和我爸去 |
[17:17] | But he will not let you dance. | 但他不会让你跳舞的 |
[17:19] | He will not let you do anything that makes you happy. | 你不会让你做任何让你高兴的事 |
[17:21] | Because he doesn’t know me. | 因为他不了解我 |
[17:23] | But if I go, he can learn more about me | 但如果我和他一起回去 他就能更了解我 |
[17:25] | and my dancing and everything else that’s important to me. | 还有我的舞蹈和其他对我来说重要的事 |
[17:28] | Is that what he told you? | 他就是这么对你说的吗 |
[17:30] | Yes. He wants us to get to know each other. | 对 他想我们更了解彼此 |
[17:33] | And I’d like to meet the rest of my family. | 而且我也想见见我其他的亲人 |
[17:37] | The rest of his family. | 他的亲人 |
[17:39] | I’ll see Granny Ebun, too. | 我也会去看埃布外婆的 |
[17:43] | Please, Mum. | 拜托了妈 |
[17:45] | It’s only for the summer. | 只是一夏天 |
[17:49] | This is really what you want? | 你真的想去吗 |
[17:52] | Yes, Mum. | 是啊 妈 |
[17:53] | I see. | 我了解了 |
[18:02] | You did great. | 你做得很棒 |
[18:04] | I’m so glad he feels he can be honest with you. | 我真高兴他觉得他能跟你说实话了 |
[18:10] | Oh, come here. | 来这儿 |
[18:11] | Bob. | 鲍勃 |
[18:25] | Why do we have to watch this American football? | 为什么我们得看美式橄榄球 |
[18:28] | Bob done effort to take an interest in our sport, | 鲍勃努力去了解了我们的运动 |
[18:31] | the least we can do is become his football buddies. | 我们至少能当他的橄榄球友 |
[18:34] | But there is no flow to the game. | 但这项运动毫无美感 |
[18:35] | Just five seconds of man trying to kill each other, | 只是五秒的双方互殴 |
[18:38] | then a commercial where a dog brings a man a beer. | 然后就是狗给人送啤酒的广告 |
[18:43] | It is very violent. | 是很暴力 |
[18:48] | Perhaps we are too soft to get that from this American game. | 可能我们太心软感受不到这项美国运动的乐趣 |
[18:53] | That player, | 那名球员 |
[18:54] | look at his name. | 看他的名字 |
[18:56] | Ogbah. | 欧格巴 |
[18:57] | He’s Nigerian, | 他是尼日利亚人 |
[18:58] | and he is chasing the man with the ball. | 他在追带球的人 |
[18:59] | Get him Ogbah. | 抓住他 欧格巴 |
[19:00] | Kill him. | 干掉他 |
[19:01] | Smash his head. | 撞他的头 |
[19:02] | Ogbah. | 欧格巴 |
[19:07] | Ogbah. | 欧格巴 |
[19:10] | Ogbah. | 欧格巴 |