时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:45] | Hello, Abishola. | 你好 艾比希拉 |
[00:46] | Now, I don’t want to alarm you, | 我不想让你大吃一惊 |
[00:48] | but I have alarming news. | 但我有劲爆新闻 |
[00:50] | What is it? | 什么新闻 |
[00:52] | My cousin Dipe called me | 我的表妹迪佩今天早上 |
[00:53] | early this morning to tell me that her friend Ngozi | 打电话和我说她的朋友努戈兹 |
[00:55] | was at Balogun Market to buy a new DVD player | 去巴洛贡市场买新的DVD播放机 |
[00:57] | because her baby jammed it with slices of toast. | 因为她的孩子往旧的机子里塞了一片吐司 |
[01:00] | She was furious | 她简直暴怒了 |
[01:01] | because she was on the second to last episode of Narcos season two. | 因为她《毒枭》刚看到倒数第二集 |
[01:05] | Anyway, the stall is right next to the man | 那家店就在那个 |
[01:07] | that sells knockoff Samsonite cases. | 卖假新秀丽箱包的家伙边上 |
[01:09] | Now, if you look closely, they actually say “Samso-tite.” | 仔细看的话那商标其实是”新李丽” |
[01:12] | But when you go inside… | 但是你要是进去… |
[01:13] | Kemi. | 凯米 |
[01:15] | Can you please get to the point? | 你能直接说重点吗 |
[01:17] | Will you not allow me to build up the suspense? | 你不让我制造悬念吗 |
[01:20] | No. | 不行 |
[01:22] | Fine. Your husband is coming to America. | 好吧 你丈夫要来美国了 |
[01:25] | What? | 什么 |
[01:26] | How you know that from a clogged DVD player? | 一个被堵上的播放机怎么会引出这种事 |
[01:28] | Well, if you had let me finish. | 你要是能让我说完就好了 |
[01:31] | Dipe told me that her friend Ngozi told her | 迪佩和我说她的朋友努戈兹和她说 |
[01:34] | that she saw Tayo– Abishola’s husband– | 她看到塔约 也就是艾比希拉的丈夫 |
[01:36] | buying a large suitcase, with four wheels. | 买了一个四轮的大旅行箱 |
[01:40] | Oluwa mi o. | 天啊 |
[01:41] | And he was seen buying a coat with mittens. | 还看到他买了一件有手套的外套 |
[01:45] | Oluwa mi o. | 我的天啊 |
[01:47] | He also bought five pounds of dried fish | 他还买了五磅干鱼 |
[01:49] | and made the man wrap it twice. | 让店家包了两遍 |
[01:52] | Oluwa mi o. | 我的天啊 |
[01:54] | Why are you olo woo-ing that? | 你在嘟囔什么呢 |
[01:56] | That is Uncle Tunde’s favorite. | 这是通德叔叔最喜欢吃的 |
[01:58] | And it’s an 18-hour flight. | 飞过来要18小时 |
[01:59] | Wrapping it twice will keep the fish stench | 包上两遍就不会沾上 |
[02:01] | off of Tayo’s underpants. | 塔约内裤的臭味了 |
[02:03] | Oh, come on, all these Nigerian Murder, She Wrote clues | 拜托 你们在玩什么尼日利亚迷案呢 这些线索 |
[02:06] | tell you Abishola’s husband’s coming to Detroit? | 就告诉你 艾比希拉的丈夫要来底特律了吗 |
[02:09] | – Yes. – Yes. | -是的 -是的 |
[02:11] | And on his last Facebook post he wrote, | 而且他最近一条脸书状态是 |
[02:13] | “I’m going to Detroit.” | “我要去底特律了” |
[02:16] | Oluwa mi o. | 我的天啊 |
[02:43] | It’s been eight years. Why is he coming to Detroit now? | 八年了 他为什么要现在来底特律 |
[02:46] | It is a business trip. | 是出差 |
[02:47] | Really? So the minute we get engaged, | 真的吗 我们刚订婚 |
[02:50] | WellStar International suddenly sends its VP | 佳星国际就突然让他们的副总裁 |
[02:52] | all the way to America? | 跑到美国来 |
[02:54] | How do you know where he works? | 你怎么知道他在哪里工作 |
[02:55] | Are you crazy? I googled the hell out of him. | 开什么玩笑 我上网把他搜了个遍 |
[02:58] | There’s also a Tayo Adebambo who’s a funk bass player. | 还有一个叫塔约·阿德班博的低音放克音乐家 |
[03:01] | Thank God you weren’t married to him, | 谢天谢地你嫁的人不是他 |
[03:03] | I wouldn’t have stood a chance. | 不然我肯定没有机会 |
[03:06] | He will probably want to see Dele. | 他可能会想见见德勒 |
[03:08] | That makes sense. | 很合理 |
[03:09] | Which means he will be at the apartment | 这说明他会来家里 |
[03:11] | for several dinners. | 吃几顿晚餐 |
[03:13] | Can’t you just dangle Dele out the window | 你就不能把德勒从窗户上吊下去 |
[03:15] | so he can look at him from the street? | 让他在街上看看就得了吗 |
[03:17] | Bob. | 鲍勃 |
[03:19] | I really don’t want to see him. | 我真的不想见他 |
[03:21] | Maybe this is for the best. | 也许这样最好 |
[03:23] | He comes over, sees his son, | 他来见见他的儿子 |
[03:25] | you ask him for the divorce, | 你和他提离婚 |
[03:26] | you bring me Olu’s leftovers the next day. | 第二天 你给我带奥卢的剩菜 |
[03:28] | It’s a win for everybody. | 皆大欢喜 |
[03:30] | That’s true. | 那倒没错 |
[03:32] | Just remember one thing. | 记住一件事 |
[03:38] | Thank God | 谢天谢地 |
[03:39] | you married the wrong Adebambo. | 你嫁给了另一个阿德班博 |
[03:43] | Funky, right? | 很放克吧 |
[03:49] | Sushi. Boring. | 寿司 无聊 |
[03:53] | What do you guys got? | 你们的是什么 |
[03:54] | Something African and spicy? | 什么辣非洲菜吗 |
[03:55] | I have a ham sandwich. | 我的是火腿三明治 |
[03:56] | I have a Lunchable. | 我有速食午餐 |
[03:58] | Want to trade? | 想换吗 |
[03:59] | This is $30 worth of sushi. | 这寿司要30元呢 |
[04:02] | Throw in the Capri Sun, you got a deal. | 加上太阳橙汁就成交 |
[04:06] | Fellas. | 伙计们 |
[04:07] | – Mr. Wheeler. – Ah, Mr. Wheeler. | -维勒先生 -维勒先生 |
[04:08] | Hey, let me ask you a question: | 我问你们一个问题 |
[04:10] | how long does it usually take to get a divorce in Nigeria? | 你们在尼日利亚离婚一般要多久 |
[04:13] | Do you mean how long does it take | 你是说离婚文件 |
[04:14] | for the paperwork to go through? | 要多久才能通过吗 |
[04:16] | – Yeah. – I have no idea. | -是的 -我不知道 |
[04:18] | I have never met a divorced Nigerian. | 我在尼日利亚没见过离婚 |
[04:20] | – Me, neither. – Really? | -我也是 -真的吗 |
[04:22] | Divorce is very rare, something like one percent. | 离婚是很罕见的 几乎就1%的概率 |
[04:24] | Come on, that can’t be right. | 拜托 不可能吧 |
[04:26] | Divorce and good sushi: | 离婚和美味的寿司 |
[04:28] | two things you can’t find in Nigeria. | 尼日利亚几乎见不到的两样东西 |
[04:31] | Well, what about you? | 你呢 |
[04:32] | You said your parents haven’t spoken since you were a child. | 你说过你父母在你小时候就不说话了 |
[04:34] | – But they stayed married. – Are they happy? | -但是他们依然是夫妻 -他们开心吗 |
[04:36] | What does that have to do with anything? | 这有什么关系吗 |
[04:39] | They just celebrated their 50th anniversary. | 他们刚刚庆祝完50周年纪念日 |
[04:41] | Daddy in Hawaii, and Mummy in Costa Rica. | 爸爸在夏威夷 妈妈在哥斯达黎加 |
[04:43] | Says here the Nigerian divorce rate is 0.2%. | 这上面说尼日利亚离婚率是0.2% |
[04:48] | That’s pretty close to zero. | 那几乎等于零了 |
[04:50] | I don’t care if it’s one in a million. | 我不管这是不是百万中挑一 |
[04:51] | Abishola’s getting divorced. | 艾比希拉必须要离婚 |
[04:53] | Actually, she would be the one in 4,120,000. | 其实 她应该是412万中挑一 |
[04:58] | Did you do that math in your head? | 你是在脑子里算出来的吗 |
[04:59] | – Yes. – Yeah, next time, keep it there. | -是的 -下次不用大声说出来 |
[05:03] | – Here’s something. – What? | -听听这个 -怎么了 |
[05:05] | One in 500 people have either 11 fingers or 11 toes. | 500人中有一个有会有11个手指或11个脚趾 |
[05:10] | How does that help me? | 跟我说有什么用 |
[05:11] | It gives you perspective. | 让你多了解点嘛 |
[05:12] | At least you’re not one of those weirdos. | 至少你不是那些怪胎 |
[05:17] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[05:20] | He has an extra nipple. | 他多长了一个奶头 |
[05:23] | Please don’t tell him I told you. | 别和他说我告诉你了 |
[05:32] | That’s a nice dress. | 裙子真好看 |
[05:33] | Tayo will like it. | 塔约肯定会喜欢的 |
[05:34] | It’s not for him. | 不是给他准备的 |
[05:36] | I just grabbed any old thing from the closet. | 我只是刚从柜子里收拾了点旧衣服出来 |
[05:38] | Well, your old thing | 你的旧衣服上 |
[05:40] | has a tag from Nordstrom’s. | 还有百货的标签 |
[05:43] | I did not want him to come here. | 我不希望他过来 |
[05:46] | A father must see his son. | 父亲总是要见见儿子的 |
[05:47] | Would you rather they eat at the home of the Whopper? | 你难道更想去汉堡王之家吃吗 |
[05:51] | I know my sister did not raise you like this. | 我的姐姐养出来的你应该懂事的 |
[05:53] | No, Auntie. | 是的 阿姨 |
[05:54] | So stop talking nonsense and prepare the pounded yam. | 那就别说这些有的没的 帮我做薯泥 |
[05:58] | Tayo prefers rice to yam o. | 塔约更喜欢米饭 |
[06:00] | Does he, now? | 是吗 |
[06:08] | – Dele. – Yes, Mum? | -德勒 -妈妈 |
[06:09] | Did you vacuum the front room? | 你给前屋通风了吗 |
[06:11] | Yes, Mum. | 是的 妈妈 |
[06:11] | And display my nursing certificates | 并把我的护士执照 |
[06:14] | and your mathematics trophy where your father can see them? | 和你的数学奖杯放在你爸爸能看到的地方了吗 |
[06:16] | – Yes, Mum. – Good. | -是的 妈妈 -很好 |
[06:18] | He may have abandoned us, | 他也许是抛弃了我们 |
[06:20] | but that does not mean we’re not thriving. | 但这不代表我们过得不好 |
[06:22] | Do you want me to say that to him? | 你想让我这么和他说吗 |
[06:23] | Don’t be ridiculous. That’s what the trophies are for. | 别傻了 放奖杯不就是为了这个目的吗 |
[06:32] | You are a good son, | 你是一个好儿子 |
[06:34] | and your father will be proud of you. | 你父亲会为你自豪的 |
[06:36] | I am proud of you. | 我为你自豪 |
[06:39] | Thanks, Mom. | 谢谢你 妈妈 |
[06:40] | You look really nice. | 你看起来真的很美 |
[06:43] | I look the same as always. | 我和以往看起来一样 |
[06:44] | Put your books away. | 把你的书都收起来 |
[06:54] | E kaale, Uncle Tunde. | 你好 通德叔叔 |
[06:57] | Tayo. | 塔约 |
[06:59] | I brought you something, Uncle. | 我给你带了点东西 叔叔 |
[07:00] | – Stockfish? – I know how much you love it. | -鳕鱼干吗 -我知道你有多爱这个 |
[07:03] | I wouldn’t say “Love.” | 可算不上是爱 |
[07:08] | I suppose you can come in. | 你应该可以进来吧 |
[07:15] | Ah, my son. | 我的儿子 |
[07:18] | E kaabo, Dad. | 你好 爸爸 |
[07:19] | Look at you. | 瞧瞧你 |
[07:21] | You are a man now. | 你长成个男子汉了 |
[07:24] | Abishola, you look beautiful. | 艾比希拉 你好美 |
[07:26] | This dress is old. I look the same. | 这是条旧裙子 我看起来都一样 |
[07:30] | Kaabo, Tayo! | 欢迎 塔约 |
[07:32] | E kaale, Auntie. | 晚上好 阿姨 |
[07:33] | Come, come. Dele, take his coat. | 快进来 德勒 帮他拿外套 |
[07:36] | We are having your favorite: jollof rice. | 我们做了你的最爱 西非辣椒炖肉饭 |
[07:39] | Abishola begged me to make it. | 艾比希拉求我做的 |
[07:46] | This is nice, huh? | 这真不错 对吧 |
[07:47] | Just sitting around together, watching TV as a family. | 一家人坐在一起看电视 |
[07:50] | – It is. – It really is. | -没错 -说得对 |
[07:53] | Oh. Popcorn’s ready. | 爆米花好了 |
[07:55] | I’ll go get us all bowls. | 我给大家拿碗 |
[07:56] | Great. | 太好了 |
[07:59] | How long do we have to sit here? | 我们还要在这坐多久 |
[08:01] | As long as Abishola’s on her date. | 等艾比希拉约会结束 |
[08:03] | It’s not a date. | 那不是约会 |
[08:04] | Of course it isn’t, honey. | 当然不是 亲爱的 |
[08:05] | Any dinner that lasts longer than three hours is a date. | 任何超过三小时的晚餐都是约会 |
[08:08] | I’ve had shorter one-night stands. | 我有过比那更短的一夜情 |
[08:11] | Come on, you guys. This is tough for him. | 别这样 这对他来说很不容易 |
[08:13] | Thank you, Christina. | 谢谢 克里斯汀娜 |
[08:14] | You are welcome. I understand your pain. | 不客气 我理解你的痛苦 |
[08:18] | I’ve been the other woman. | 我也做过第三者 |
[08:20] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[08:23] | They’re at dinner with their family, | 他们和自己家人吃饭 |
[08:25] | you’re waiting for them to text, | 你等着对方发信息 |
[08:28] | it takes everything in your power | 你用尽全部力气 |
[08:29] | not to rush over there and peer into their windows | 阻止自己跑去那 偷偷从窗户张望 |
[08:31] | and watch them unwrap their Christmas presents. | 看着他们拆圣诞礼物 |
[08:36] | Oh, God, why doesn’t that sound crazy to me? | 天呐 这怎么听上去一点不疯狂 |
[08:39] | Because we’d do anything for love, Bob. | 因为我们愿意为爱做任何事 鲍勃 |
[08:41] | Anything. | 任何事 |
[08:44] | It’s not the same. | 这不一样 |
[08:45] | Abishola knows she’s in a relationship with Bob. | 艾比希拉知道她在和鲍勃谈恋爱 |
[08:48] | – And I think it’s cool. – You’re her side piece. | -我觉得这没问题 -你是她的小三 |
[08:52] | Or a “Goomah.” | 或”破鞋” |
[08:53] | That’s what the Italians call it. | 意大利人这么说 |
[08:55] | All right, this isn’t working. You guys can go. | 好吧 这不管用 你们走吧 |
[08:57] | Yeah, Mom, Douglas, you are not helping. | 就是 妈 道格拉斯 你们没在帮忙 |
[09:02] | They don’t get us. | 他们不懂我们 |
[09:09] | How is your sister Blessing? | 你姐妹布莱昕怎么样了 |
[09:11] | Still crazy. She’s vegan now. | 还疯疯癫癫的 她现在成素食主义者了 |
[09:14] | Oh, no. | 天呐 |
[09:15] | This madness has reached Nigeria? | 这股疯劲都传到尼日利亚了 |
[09:17] | I will pray for her. | 我会为她祈祷的 |
[09:20] | While you are there, | 那你祈祷时 |
[09:21] | Pray for Dele. He supports Arsenal. | 也为德勒祈祷 他支持阿森纳 |
[09:24] | They will just break your heart. | 他们只会让你心碎 |
[09:27] | I must say, Auntie, | 我必须得说 阿姨 |
[09:29] | you’re an even better cook than Abishola’s mother. | 你做的饭比艾比希拉妈妈还好吃 |
[09:32] | When I tell her, she will be furious. | 等我告诉她时 她肯定气炸了 |
[09:36] | So, you are in town for business? ? | 你是来这工作吗 |
[09:38] | Yes. My company has sent me to consult | 对 我公司派我来当顾问 |
[09:40] | with the Ambassador Bridge Authority | 与桥梁管理局大使商议 |
[09:42] | for our new billion-dollar mainland project. | 我们的全新十亿美元的内陆项目 |
[09:46] | Yes, your father is very successful in Nigeria. | 没错 你父亲在尼日利亚非常成功 |
[09:49] | Had he not given up, he would have been successful here. | 要是他没放弃 他也能在这成功 |
[09:53] | Well, perhaps you had more faith in this country than I did. | 或许你对这个国家的信心比我更多 |
[09:55] | Perhaps I had more faith in you. | 或许我对你信心更多 |
[10:00] | Let me help you clear the plates. | 我帮你收拾盘子吧 |
[10:03] | I’ve never seen you set foot in the kitchen. | 我以前从没见过你进厨房 |
[10:05] | Well, I’ve changed a lot over the last eight years. | 过去八年我变了很多 |
[10:12] | This is like one of your soap operas. | 这就像你看的肥皂剧一样 |
[10:17] | So, Auntie Olu still refuses to buy a dishwasher. | 奥卢阿姨还是拒绝买洗碗机 |
[10:21] | She says what is the point when we have a child in the house | 她说家里既然有长手的孩子 |
[10:23] | with two hands? | 要洗碗机干吗 |
[10:27] | You know what kind of rental car they gave me? | 你知道我租到了什么车吗 |
[10:29] | What? | 什么车 |
[10:29] | A Jeep. | 吉普车 |
[10:30] | Oh, no. | 糟了 |
[10:32] | That day in Mexico, it was the most rain | 那天在墨西哥 是我这辈子 |
[10:35] | I have ever seen in my life. | 见过最大的雨 |
[10:36] | It would have been fine | 如果我们的车有顶 |
[10:37] | if we had a car with a roof on it. | 倒也不会这么惨 |
[10:40] | and you persuaded me to wear my white dress that day. | 而且你还说服了我那天穿白裙子 |
[10:43] | Even angry are covered in muck, | 就算你又生气又浑身是泥 |
[10:45] | you were the most beautiful woman in Acapulco. | 你依然是阿卡普尔科最美的女人 |
[10:49] | So beautiful the hotel doorman thought I was homeless. | 太过美丽 以至于酒店门童以为我是流浪汉 |
[10:55] | it’s good to see you, Abishola. I’ve missed you. | 很高兴见到你 艾比希拉 我很想你 |
[10:59] | A good way to keep from missing someone | 想念别人最好的方式 |
[11:01] | is to not abandon them and take a second wife. | 就是不要抛弃她们 另娶一房 |
[11:05] | You have every reason to be angry with me. | 你完全有理由生我的气 |
[11:07] | I know. | 我知道 |
[11:08] | But I was unable to give you and Dele | 但我不能给你和德勒 |
[11:10] | the lives that you deserved. | 你想要的生活 |
[11:11] | So you left us. | 所以你离开了我们 |
[11:13] | I am back now. | 我现在回来了 |
[11:14] | And I can provide for you both. | 我现在能给你们提供想要的生活 |
[11:16] | Tayo… | 塔约 |
[11:18] | I know you missed me, too. | 我知道你也想我了 |
[11:19] | Don’t do this. | 别这样 |
[11:21] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[11:23] | I don’t want to make you uncomfortable. | 我不想让你不舒服 |
[11:25] | If you want me to, I will leave. | 如果你想的话 我可以离开 |
[11:34] | Get back to work. | 继续刷碗吧 |
[11:46] | Good morning. ? | 早上好 |
[11:49] | So, how’d it go? | 怎么样 |
[11:51] | Tayo came, he saw Dele, he ate food, | 塔约来了 看了德勒 吃了饭 |
[11:54] | He went back to his hotel. | 回到酒店去了 |
[11:55] | Great. I mean, it would have been nice if you called. | 很好 如果你打给我就更好了 |
[11:58] | I texted you. | 我给你发短信了 |
[11:59] | At 1:00 a.m. You said “Went well.” | 凌晨一点钟 你说”挺棒的” |
[12:01] | You know how many ways you can take “went well”? | 你知道”挺棒的”有多少种意思吗 |
[12:04] | That’s how it went. | 事情就是这样 |
[12:05] | So, did you ask him about a divorce? | 你向他提出离婚了吗 |
[12:07] | No. | 没有 |
[12:09] | It was not the right time. | 现在时机不对 |
[12:11] | Is it ever the right time? | 时机对过吗 |
[12:12] | I mean, I asked my wife for a divorce | 我向我妻子提出离婚的时候 |
[12:13] | halfway through her Grand Slam breakfast at Denny’s. | 她正在丹尼斯餐厅吃早饭呢 |
[12:17] | Do not push me. I’ll deal with it. | 别逼我 我会解决的 |
[12:20] | Okay. Well, I made a call to my lawyer | 好吧 我打给了我的律师 |
[12:22] | just to see where we stand, and he said that we sh… | 想知道我们现在的情况 他说我们… |
[12:24] | I do not care what your lawyer said. | 我不在乎你律师说什么 |
[12:26] | He’s not the one dealing with it. | 这件事不是他来解决 |
[12:28] | And neither are you. | 也不是你 |
[12:29] | I’m just trying to be proactive. | 我只是想未雨绸缪 |
[12:31] | Well, don’t. I will handle my husband. | 别这样 我来处理我的丈夫 |
[12:34] | What I need from you now is to be patient. | 我现在只需要你耐心 |
[12:44] | I am the side piece. | 我就是那个小三啊 |
[12:51] | Uncle, | 叔叔 |
[12:52] | the seasoning on this suya is good, | 这个辣肉串上的调料真好吃 |
[12:54] | but I’d forgotten how American meat feels like | 但我忘了美国牛肉吃起来 |
[12:57] | chewing on a wallet. | 就像是在嚼钱包 |
[12:59] | Just throw some more pepper on it. | 多加点胡椒就行了 |
[13:00] | You’ll forget again. ? | 这样你就会再一次忘记 |
[13:03] | So my son has grown up not knowing | 所以我儿子在这种环境下成长 |
[13:05] | what real food tastes like. | 都不知道正儿八经的事物是什么味道 |
[13:07] | He also grew up without you. | 他的成长环境也没有你 |
[13:12] | Fancy seeing you here. | 竟然能在这里见到你 |
[13:14] | Hey, Uncle Tunde. | 你好 通德叔叔 |
[13:16] | What a wonderful coincidence. | 真是个美妙的巧合啊 |
[13:18] | I just happen to be having lunch with Abishola’s husband, and you show up. | 我正在和艾比希拉的丈夫吃饭 而你就出现了 |
[13:22] | Yes, what a wonderful coincidence. | 是啊 真是个美妙的巧合 |
[13:26] | Small world. | 世界真小啊 |
[13:28] | Bob. | 鲍勃 |
[13:31] | I know who you are. | 我知道你是谁 |
[13:32] | I looked you up on LinkedIn. | 我在领英上查了你 |
[13:34] | There’s another Detroit Bob Wheeler who’s a dentist. | 底特律还有另一个牙医叫鲍勃·惠勒 |
[13:37] | Yeah, I get his mail. | 是的 我收到了他的邮件 |
[13:38] | You mind if we talk for a second? | 你介意我们聊聊吗 |
[13:40] | Of course. | 当然 |
[13:44] | Uh, look, we both know what’s going on here. | 我们都知道现在是什么情况 |
[13:47] | Yes, you are engaged to my wife. | 是的 你和我的妻子订婚了 |
[13:50] | Well, I like to think of it as you’re married to my fiancée. | 我倾向于认为是你娶了我的未婚妻 |
[13:53] | In Olu’s soap opera, | 在奥卢的肥皂剧中 |
[13:55] | you would discover you are brothers. | 你们会发现你们是兄弟 |
[13:59] | Pass the fufu. | 把馥馥糕递给我 |
[14:02] | The point is, you left her. | 重点是 你离开了她 |
[14:06] | Is that what she told you? | 她是这么跟你说的吗 |
[14:08] | Well, am I missing something? | 有什么我不知道的吗 |
[14:09] | Have you been in Tunde’s basement this whole time? | 你是一直躲在通德的地下室里吗 |
[14:12] | You make it sound like I left in the middle of the night. | 你说得就像是我大半夜悄悄离开一样 |
[14:15] | I wanted my family to come back to Nigeria with me, | 我想让我的家人和我一起回尼日利亚 |
[14:18] | but Abishola refused. | 但艾比希拉拒绝了 |
[14:20] | In a way, she is the one who left me. | 从某种程度上讲是她离开了我 |
[14:24] | Is that true? | 是这样吗 |
[14:27] | In a way. | 某种程度上 |
[14:30] | There was no abandonment. | 根本没有抛弃这回事 |
[14:32] | I’ve been in constant contact with my son the entire time. | 我和我儿子一直有联系 |
[14:35] | Okay, I didn’t know that either. | 好吧 这我也不知道 |
[14:37] | You did not know this because it is none of your business | 你不知道 是因为我家人的事 |
[14:40] | what goes on with my family. | 不关你的事 |
[14:41] | Whatever your side of the story is, | 不管你是何说法 |
[14:43] | you’ve been gone for eight years. | 你离开八年是事实 |
[14:46] | She’s with me now. | 她现在和我在一起 |
[14:48] | She’s moved on. | 也会继续和我在一起 |
[14:50] | Abishola and I were happy once, when we had nothing. | 艾比希拉和我曾经很幸福 那时我们一无所有 |
[14:54] | But now I have a large house, | 而现在 我有一座大房子 |
[14:56] | driver, staff. | 有司机 有员工 |
[14:59] | And I have picked out a wonderful private school for Dele. | 我还为德勒选了一所很棒的私立学校 |
[15:03] | I can provide her with everything that she wants. | 我可以给她她想要的一切 |
[15:06] | And that is why I will be taking her back to Nigeria. | 所以我要带她回尼日利亚 |
[15:09] | It is time for you to move on. | 该向前看的 是你 |
[15:14] | In the soap opera, you would storm out now. | 按肥皂剧情节 你现在会愤然离席 |
[15:19] | You could also turn over the table, | 当然你也可以掀翻桌子 |
[15:21] | but I am still eating. | 但我还没吃完 |
[15:27] | Gorgeous day, huh? | 天气真好 对吧 |
[15:29] | Yes, it is. Very pretty. | 是的 非常好 |
[15:33] | So, you’re gonna find out eventually. | 你最终还是会发现的 |
[15:36] | I met Tayo. | 我见了塔约 |
[15:37] | – You did what? – You heard me. | -你什么 -你听到了 |
[15:39] | I specifically asked you not to do that. | 我特别嘱咐过不要那么做 |
[15:42] | You did. | 你嘱咐过 |
[15:43] | And yet you went behind my back. | 但你还是背着我这么做 |
[15:45] | You know he wants to take you and Dele back to Nigeria. | 你知道他想带你和德勒回尼日利亚 |
[15:51] | Why are you smiling about this? | 这有什么好笑的 |
[15:54] | Because I know you’re not going. | 因为我知道你不会回去 |
[15:57] | But he’s my husband. | 但他是我丈夫 |
[15:59] | This isn’t about him. | 这事关键不在他 |
[16:01] | Or me. | 也不在我 |
[16:02] | This is about you. | 而在于你 |
[16:04] | You have a life you’ve created. | 你拥有自己一手创造的生活 |
[16:07] | You’ve got a job you love. | 有一份自己热爱的工作 |
[16:11] | You are in charge of your own destiny. | 手中紧握着自己的命运 |
[16:14] | You’re not gonna give all that up | 你不会为了做某个有钱人的小妾 |
[16:16] | to go back to Nigeria and be some rich guy’s second wife. | 就放弃这一切 回尼日利亚去 |
[16:20] | First wife. | 是大房 |
[16:21] | Whatever. | 管它呢 |
[16:23] | You’re not the same woman he left eight years ago. | 你已不是八年前他离开时的那个女人了 |
[16:26] | Tayo doesn’t know it. | 塔约不清楚这一点 |
[16:29] | But I do. | 但我清楚 |
[16:31] | So you have me all figured out. | 所以你把我看透了 |
[16:32] | – Not at all. – Good answer. | -并没有 -回答正确 |
[16:35] | Yes, it was. | 那必须的 |
[16:45] | – Karo. – Karo. | -你好 -你好 |
[16:47] | E karo, Dad. | 你好 爸爸 |
[16:48] | Hey, are you ready to go? | 你准备好出发了吗 |
[16:50] | Yes. Let me grab my stuff. | 是的 我去拿东西 |
[16:52] | Okay. | 好 |
[16:55] | We are going to play chess with the old men in the park. | 我们要和公园里的老爷爷们下棋 |
[16:57] | Well, Dele’s going to play. | 是德勒要下棋 |
[17:00] | I need him to win back the money that I lost. | 我需要他把我输掉的钱赢回来 |
[17:03] | It’s good you are spending time with him. | 你能陪他挺好 |
[17:05] | Yes. We are a family again. | 是啊 我们又成了一家人 |
[17:09] | We will never be a family again. | 我们再也不会成为一家人 |
[17:11] | I am not the same person you left eight years ago. | 我已不是八年前你离开时的那个我了 |
[17:14] | That is all right. | 没关系 |
[17:15] | I am not asking you if it’s all right. | 我不是问你意见 |
[17:18] | I am telling you | 而是在告诉你 |
[17:19] | I think it is best we get a divorce. | 离婚是你我最好的选择 |
[17:22] | You do not know what is for the best. | 你不懂什么是才最好的 |
[17:24] | I do. | 我懂 |
[17:25] | And that is what I’ve been working for | 而且它是我一直以来 |
[17:27] | – all this time. – Tayo… | -努力追寻的目标 -塔约 |
[17:28] | And that is why I will never, | 也是我永远 |
[17:32] | ever give you a divorce. | 永远不会和你离婚的原因 |
[17:39] | Okay, my son. | 我的儿子 |
[17:40] | – Are you ready? – ?Yes. Bye, Mom. | -准备好了 -是的 再见 妈妈 |
[17:44] | We will be home for dinner. | 我们会回来吃饭 |