时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Thank you for the ride. | 谢谢你送我 |
[00:02] | It’s the best part of my day. | 这是我一天中最快乐的时光 |
[00:04] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[00:05] | Me three. | 我也是 |
[00:07] | So much better than the bus. | 比坐公交好多了 |
[00:11] | Who’d have thought that when you so kindly | 你上周慷慨地提出 |
[00:12] | offered to drive me to work last week, | 要送我上班时 谁会想到 |
[00:14] | it would become a regular thing? | 这会成为日常呢 |
[00:16] | Not me. | 我可没想到 |
[00:18] | You know, you should really think about getting | 你应该考虑一下在后面 |
[00:19] | some water and mints back here. | 准备点水和薄荷糖 |
[00:21] | It’s not an Uber. | 这不是优步 |
[00:23] | It certainly isn’t. | 显然不是 |
[00:27] | So, what’s new at the zoo? | 动物园有什么新闻吗 |
[00:29] | The Detroit Zoo? | 底特律动物园吗 |
[00:30] | No, the hospital. | 不 我是说医院 |
[00:32] | Then why’d you ask about the zoo? | 那你为什么要问医院 |
[00:34] | Bob is playfully asking you about work, | 鲍勃在诙谐地问你的工作 |
[00:36] | as if it is crazy, like the zoo. | 形容成和动物园一样疯狂 |
[00:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[00:39] | It was very convoluted. | 的确很复杂 |
[00:41] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[00:42] | – How was your day? – Yes. | -你昨天过得怎么样 -没错 |
[00:44] | How is the job, Bob? You see? | 工作怎么样 鲍勃 你看 |
[00:47] | Simple, clear. | 简单 明了 |
[00:50] | Well, my job is fine. | 我的工作很好 |
[00:52] | It’s the other parts of my day that get stressful. | 是我一天中的其他方面让我很有压力 |
[00:56] | Stress can be a killer. | 压力的确会成为杀手 |
[00:57] | I wish it was a silent killer. | 真希望是沉默杀手 |
[01:00] | You see, look. That vein on the side of your neck | 看 你脖子这边的这条血管 |
[01:02] | should not be throbbing like that. | 不应该跳成这样 |
[01:04] | Bumpity, bumpity, bumpity, bumpity. | 砰砰砰砰 |
[01:06] | – I’ll get it checked out. – You better. | -我会去看看的 -可不是 |
[01:08] | It’s dangerous for a man your size. Oh, look. | 你这块头的男人这样很危险 你看 |
[01:11] | It’s speeding up. Bumpity, bumpity, | 加速了 砰砰 |
[01:13] | bumpity, bumpity, | 砰砰 |
[01:14] | bumpity, bumpity, bumpity… | 砰砰砰 |
[01:39] | The catfish pepper soup was particularly good tonight. | 今晚的的鲶鱼椒汤特别棒 |
[01:42] | Don’t tell Auntie that, though. | 不过你可别告诉阿姨 |
[01:43] | Why not? | 为什么不行 |
[01:44] | Because it suggests that on other occasions | 因为这是在按时别的时候 |
[01:47] | her soup was not “Particularly good.” | 她的汤就没有”特别棒” |
[01:49] | How about “It’s becoming one of my favorites”? | 那说”这已经成为我的最爱”了呢 |
[01:52] | Oh, Bob, | 鲍勃 |
[01:53] | why was it not a favorite before? | 为什么之前不是你的最爱呢 |
[01:57] | “Auntie, the catfish pepper soup was delicious, as always.” | “阿姨 你的鲶鱼椒汤一如既往的美味” |
[02:00] | Always? Are you saying I make it too much? | 一如既往 你是说我做太多了吗 |
[02:04] | Well, what should I say, then? | 那我应该说什么 |
[02:05] | You already said the perfect thing. | 你已经做出了最完美的回应 |
[02:07] | You asked for seconds. | 你要了第二晚 |
[02:11] | It’s nice when it’s just you and me. | 只有我们俩的时候真好 |
[02:13] | It is. | 是的 |
[02:14] | Like our morning drives used to be. | 就像我们以前的晨间车内时光一样 |
[02:17] | So, the Kemi situation. Are you two a package deal? | 凯米的事 你们俩现在是打包了吗 |
[02:21] | Package deal? | 打包 |
[02:22] | Yeah, you know, buy one, get one free | 是的 买一就送一个 |
[02:23] | of any sense of boundaries. | 没有任何界限概念的家伙 |
[02:25] | She’s a good friend. | 她是我的好朋友 |
[02:26] | She is. I just notice that your friendship’s | 没错 我只是发现你的友谊 |
[02:28] | a bit of a one-way street, and I’m the chauffeur. | 好像都是一条单行道 而我就是司机 |
[02:31] | She can be a handful. | 她有时候的确让人头疼 |
[02:33] | So you do know. | 看来你知道啊 |
[02:36] | Kemi is Kemi. Take her or leave her. | 凯米就是这样 接不接都行 |
[02:37] | Wait, is leaving her an option? | 等等 可以不接她吗 |
[02:40] | No. She has been in my life for many years, | 不 她已经和我认识了很多年 |
[02:43] | and she has helped me through some difficult times. | 她帮助我度过了一些很困难的时期 |
[02:45] | Did you enjoy dinner, Bob? | 晚餐怎么样 鲍勃 |
[02:47] | Ah, yeah. I couldn’t eat another bite. | 嗯 我一口都吃不下了 |
[02:49] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[02:53] | – Oh, Bob. – What? What did I say? | -鲍勃 -怎么了 我说了什么 |
[02:55] | How can she hear that as anything other than I loved it? | 她怎么能从那句话里听出”我超爱”以外的意思 |
[02:58] | Don’t worry, Bob, since you are unable | 别担心 鲍勃 既然你已经 |
[03:00] | to stomach another bite, | 一口都吃不下了 |
[03:02] | Olu will never make that soup again. | 奥卢以后不会再做这个汤了 |
[03:05] | All right, give me the pot. | 好吧 把锅给我 |
[03:06] | I’ll chug it right in front of her. | 我在她面前全部喝光 |
[03:07] | Like cheap beer? | 就像廉价啤酒一样吗 |
[03:09] | Don’t worry, she got your message. | 别担心 她懂你意思了 |
[03:13] | Oh, Bob… | 鲍勃 |
[03:20] | Doctor, we’ve got a new patient from Malaysia. | 医生 马来西亚来了一位新病人 |
[03:23] | I’ll prep the instruments. | 我来准备工具 |
[03:25] | Scalpel. | 手术刀 |
[03:32] | Just open the box. | 赶紧把箱子打开 |
[03:34] | Come on, we’re having fun. | 拜托 我们玩得正开心呢 |
[03:36] | If you love what you do, | 如果你爱你这一行 |
[03:37] | you never work a day in your life. | 你这一生就都不用工作了 |
[03:38] | Then you should not be paid for that day. | 那你就不该有工资 |
[03:42] | Whoops-a-dandy. | 哎呀 |
[03:44] | That is not a men’s large. | 这不是成人大小 |
[03:46] | Let me see. | 我来看看 |
[03:49] | Oh, no, this is a box of baby booties. | 不 这是一箱儿童袜子 |
[03:52] | What an adorable yet costly mistake. | 真是可爱又浪费的错误 |
[03:56] | Looks like some idiot ordered the wrong sizes. | 看来有个笨蛋定错了大小 |
[04:00] | You are the idiot. | 你就是那个笨蛋 |
[04:02] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[04:05] | Is it the whole shipment? | 整批货都是这样吗 |
[04:07] | So we’re just done having fun today, huh? | 看来今天别想开心了 |
[04:14] | Abishola. | 艾比希拉 |
[04:16] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么在这里 |
[04:17] | Having lunch. | 吃午饭啊 |
[04:18] | But you said you could not pick me up today. | 但你说你今天没法接我的 |
[04:19] | – I couldn’t. – Is something wrong? | -的确 -出什么事了 |
[04:21] | Yes. You. | 是的 你 |
[04:23] | What? | 什么 |
[04:24] | Bob no longer wants you in his car. | 鲍勃不想接你了 |
[04:25] | He finds you annoying. | 他觉得你很烦 |
[04:28] | Damn, you know, you could have just made something up. | 靠 你可以随便编点别的理由啊 |
[04:31] | Why would I do that? | 我为什么要这么做 |
[04:34] | So Bob actually said the word “Annoying”? | 所以 鲍勃说了”烦人”吗 |
[04:37] | Not the exact word. | 原话不是 |
[04:38] | Oh, so it is you who finds me annoying. | 所以是你觉得我烦人 |
[04:40] | No, I’m used to it. | 不 我习惯了 |
[04:43] | Then what is the problem? | 那到底有什么问题 |
[04:44] | I believe your constant talking | 应该是你一直说话 |
[04:45] | gets to him, like a fly buzzing around his head. | 烦到他了 你就像一只绕着他飞的苍蝇 |
[04:50] | I talk because you cannot keep up with our witty banter. | 我说话是因为你跟不上我们诙谐的玩笑 |
[04:53] | You tell him his jokes are terrible. | 你和他说他的玩笑很糟糕 |
[04:55] | That is part of the banter. | 这就是诙谐 |
[04:58] | Maybe you misunderstood. | 也许是你误解了 |
[05:00] | Maybe it is you he would prefer to leave at the bus stop. | 也许他更想把你丢在公交车站 |
[05:03] | Kemi, listen to what I am telling you. | 凯米 你自己听听你说的话 |
[05:05] | I don’t want to listen because what you are saying | 我不想听 因为你说的话 |
[05:08] | makes no sense! | 没道理 |
[05:10] | Ladies, you’re scaring the white people. | 女士们 你们要把白人们吓坏了 |
[05:16] | Fine. Abishola, if you tell me that Bob doesn’t want me around, | 好吧 艾比希拉 如果你告诉我鲍勃不想载我 |
[05:20] | I will accept it. | 我会接受的 |
[05:21] | Bob does not want you around. | 鲍勃不想载你 |
[05:23] | I cannot accept this! | 我不能接受 |
[05:29] | There you are, cousin. | 你在这里啊 哥哥 |
[05:30] | Yes, here I am. | 是啊 我在这里 |
[05:32] | Are you aware your break was over eight minutes ago? | 你知道你的午休时间八分钟前就结束了吗 |
[05:34] | Are you aware that the devil lives in all of us? | 你知道我们所有人心中都有恶魔吗 |
[05:39] | You know what, take ten more minutes. | 算了 再多休息十分钟吧 |
[05:42] | What’s the point, Kofo? | 有什么意义 科福 |
[05:43] | Why live in a world without consequences? | 为什么要活在一个没有后果的世界里 |
[05:46] | You ate a dozen yogurts. | 你吃了一打酸奶 |
[05:48] | There will be consequences. | 这肯定会有后果的 |
[05:50] | Douglas made a mistake, and I did nothing. | 道格拉斯犯了一个错误 但我什么都没做 |
[05:52] | I deserve the sharp pains of a grumbly tummy. | 我就该遭受剧烈腹痛 |
[05:56] | What could you have done? | 你能怎么办 |
[05:58] | Reported him. | 上报他 |
[05:59] | Punished him. | 惩罚他 |
[06:00] | But instead, | 但是 |
[06:01] | my integrity was compromised | 我的正直之心却被 |
[06:03] | by Douglas’s sad eyes and silly voice. | 道格拉斯可怜的双眼和愚蠢的声音蒙蔽了 |
[06:07] | I like his voice. | 我喜欢他的声音 |
[06:08] | It’s like he’s old and young at the same time. | 他好像既年轻又老 |
[06:12] | I have let down myself, my family, | 我让我自己 我的家庭都失望了 |
[06:15] | and most importantly you, Kofo. | 最重要的是还有你 科福 |
[06:18] | You, who looks up to me the most. | 你是最敬重我的人 |
[06:19] | Stop this nonsense. | 别说胡话了 |
[06:21] | You are a good man | 你是一个好人 |
[06:22] | and a great leader. | 是一个优秀的领导者 |
[06:23] | And the workers think so, too. | 其他工人们也这么觉得 |
[06:25] | They call me a controlling tight ass. | 他们叫我控制狂屁 |
[06:28] | Yes, and a tight ass is a wonderful thing. | 是的 狂屁是非常棒的 |
[06:31] | You think so? | 真的吗 |
[06:32] | Absolutely. | 当然了 |
[06:33] | Where would this company be | 要是没有你的狂屁 |
[06:34] | without your tight ass holding everything together? | 掌控一切 这个公司会变成什么样 |
[06:38] | In deep doo-doo? | 有大麻烦吗 |
[06:39] | In deep doo-doo. | 绝对有大麻烦 |
[06:42] | But I messed up. | 但我搞砸了 |
[06:43] | So you let one slip through the cracks. | 你只是漏了一点小错误 |
[06:45] | Accidents happen. | 总有意外的 |
[06:47] | But your ass is still the tightest I’ve ever seen. | 但是你的屁股依然是我见过最紧实的 |
[06:50] | Hey, guys. | 伙计们 |
[06:51] | – Hello. – Hello. | -你好 -你好 |
[06:54] | What’s with all the empty yogurts? | 那些空酸奶罐子是怎么回事 |
[06:56] | Sorry. We will pick them up. | 抱歉 我们马上捡起来 |
[07:00] | I’d say it’s a tie. | 我觉得是平分秋色 |
[07:05] | Next. | 下一位 |
[07:06] | Hey, Chuey, how’s it going, man? | 楚伊 你好吗 兄弟 |
[07:08] | – Hello, Bob. – Just picking up for Mom. | -你好 鲍勃 -我来给我妈妈拿药 |
[07:11] | I’m afraid Dorothy Wheeler’s prescription | 恐怕这里不能开多萝西·维勒的 |
[07:13] | is not available. | 药方了 |
[07:14] | – You’re out? – No, Bob, you are out. | -你不干了吗 -不 鲍勃 是你不干了 |
[07:18] | What? | 什么 |
[07:19] | I can no longer provide you with the award-winning, | 我无法再向你提供你来西维斯药房时 |
[07:21] | high-quality health and pharmacy services | 期望享受到的饱受赞誉 |
[07:24] | you have come to expect at the CVS. | 高质量健康和药物服务了 |
[07:27] | Is it ’cause of the toilet paper? | 是因为厕纸吗 |
[07:28] | I could buy it at the front. I never know the protocol. | 我可以去收银那付钱的 我都不知道规矩 |
[07:32] | It varies with each pharmacist, but that is not the point. | 每家药店都不一样 但那不是关键 |
[07:36] | The point is, you have besmirched the woman | 关键是 你诋毁了 |
[07:37] | who holds my heart. | 我深爱的女人 |
[07:40] | Your mother? | 你母亲吗 |
[07:41] | The other woman. | 另一个女人 |
[07:44] | I’m sorry, I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 不好意思 我不知道你在说什么 |
[07:47] | Abishola told Kemi what you said about her. | 艾比希拉告诉了凯米你说她的坏话 |
[07:50] | And Kemi spent all night telling me. | 而凯米一整晚都在跟我说 |
[07:53] | Your name came up many times during our lovemaking. | 我们做爱时你的名字出现了好几次 |
[07:56] | Come on, man, I don’t want to hear that. | 拜托 老兄 我不想听这些 |
[07:58] | Neither did I, Bob. | 我也不想 鲍勃 |
[08:00] | I’m afraid you’re going to have to take your business elsewhere. | 恐怕你以后只能去其他药店取药了 |
[08:03] | The Warren Avenue CVS branch. | 沃伦大道的分店 |
[08:05] | I’ve called in your mother’s prescription. | 我已经打电话跟他们说过你母亲的处方了 |
[08:07] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[08:08] | I have two obligations. | 我有两个责任 |
[08:10] | One is to my love, Kemi. | 一个是我的爱人 凯米 |
[08:12] | The other is to the sacred brotherhood of pharmacists. | 一个是药剂师的神圣兄弟情谊 |
[08:16] | Can I still… | 那我还能… |
[08:17] | No? Okay. | 不行吗 好吧 |
[08:26] | Did you get the prescription? | 你拿到药了吗 |
[08:27] | Oh, I got a lot more than that. | 我还得了别的东西 |
[08:30] | Somehow Kemi found out | 不知怎么 凯米知道了 |
[08:31] | that I find her annoying. | 我觉得她很烦人 |
[08:33] | Because I told her. | 因为我告诉她了 |
[08:34] | Why? | 为什么 |
[08:36] | Because you find her annoying. | 因为你觉得她烦人 |
[08:38] | You’re not supposed to tell her. | 你也不该告诉她啊 |
[08:40] | Then why did you tell me? | 那你为什么告诉我 |
[08:41] | I was venting to you so I wouldn’t say something nasty to her. | 我朝你抱怨 这样我就不会对她恶言恶语了 |
[08:44] | Then how would she know that you find her annoying? | 那她要怎么知道你觉得她烦人呢 |
[08:46] | She wouldn’t! | 她不会知道 |
[08:49] | Then she will just keep on annoying you. | 那她就会继续烦你 |
[08:50] | Yes. | 对 |
[08:52] | Now you are annoying. | 现在你心烦了 |
[08:54] | And I’d rather you’d not told me that. | 而我希望你没说这句话 |
[08:56] | It is always best to get things out in the open. | 开诚布公总是好事 |
[08:58] | So you tell everyone every time you have a problem with them? | 所以你每次和别人有矛盾都告诉他们吗 |
[09:00] | – Yes. – You wonder why you don’t have many friends. | -对 -你还奇怪自己没朋友吗 |
[09:05] | See? That’s the kind of thing I would usually keep to myself. | 你瞧 这种话我一般都不会说出来 |
[09:09] | Are there other things you keep to yourself? | 你还有其他不说的话吗 |
[09:10] | What? A-Are there– are there what? | 什么 还有其他的什么 |
[09:13] | Are there things about me that you find annoying? | 还有其他我让你心烦的事吗 |
[09:16] | Look, it’s no big deal. | 听着 这没什么大不了的 |
[09:17] | No relationship is perfect. Everybody has problems. | 没有感情是完美的 大家都有问题 |
[09:20] | What are ours? | 我们的是什么 |
[09:22] | I don’t want to talk about ’em | 我不想谈 |
[09:23] | because that makes ’em bigger problems. | 因为那会小题大做 |
[09:24] | – Just say what you have to say. – No! | -你想说什么就说吧 -我不 |
[09:26] | – Why? – Because I don’t want to fight! | -为什么 -因为我不想吵架 |
[09:28] | What do you think we’re doing now? | 那你觉得我们现在在干什么 |
[09:29] | That thing I don’t want to do. | 我不想干的事 |
[09:35] | Douglas? | 道格拉斯 |
[09:37] | I must speak with you. | 我有话跟你说 |
[09:39] | Before I forget, | 趁我没忘 |
[09:40] | Kofo, do you have the keys to the forklift? | 科福 你有叉车的钥匙吗 |
[09:41] | – Yes. – Can I have them? | -有 -能给我吗 |
[09:43] | Is it for work? | 是工作的事吗 |
[09:45] | You got me. | 被你抓到了 |
[09:48] | Douglas, I have failed you. | 道格拉斯 我辜负了你 |
[09:50] | Actually, it’s probably better he didn’t give me the keys. | 其实他没给我钥匙还挺好的 |
[09:53] | I have encouraged you to run from your mistake | 我让你逃避自己的错误 |
[09:55] | instead of embracing, | 而不是直面它 |
[09:56] | overcoming and learning from it. | 改正错误 并从中吸取教训 |
[09:59] | Where are the bad boxes? | 那批坏货去哪了 |
[10:01] | Which bad boxes? | 什么坏货 |
[10:02] | The bad baby bootie boxes. | 那批弄错的婴儿袜 |
[10:05] | Oh, those. | 那些啊 |
[10:06] | Don’t worry about it. I dealt with it. | 别担心 我处理了 |
[10:09] | How? | 怎么处理的 |
[10:12] | Are you sure you want to know how the hot dog is made? | 你真的想知道热狗是怎么做的吗 |
[10:14] | Oh, no. How is the hot dog made? | 不 热狗是怎么做的 |
[10:21] | Before I show you what I’m about to show you, | 在我给你们看我要给你看的东西前 |
[10:23] | I need you both to promise me something. | 我需要你们俩答应我一件事 |
[10:26] | Crap. | 惨了 |
[10:28] | Oluwa mi o. | 天呐 |
[10:31] | Why is this hole even here? | 这里怎么有个洞 |
[10:34] | You guys really got to stop asking questions. | 你们真的该别问这么多问题了 |
[10:42] | Did you really think we wouldn’t notice this? | 你真的觉得我们不会注意到这些吗 |
[10:45] | Well, you didn’t. | 之前你们确实没注意到 |
[10:47] | It is good that you showed us. | 还好你给我们看了 |
[10:49] | Let me tell you a story. | 我给你讲个故事吧 |
[10:50] | Is it a long story? It’s very dark in here. | 这故事长吗 这里非常黑 |
[10:55] | Many years ago, when I was teaching | 几年前 我在阿夸伊博姆州立大学 |
[10:57] | in the economics department at Akwa Ibom State University… | 金融学院任教… |
[11:00] | – Wait, you were a professor? – I was going to be, | -等等 你之前是教授吗 -本来要升教授了 |
[11:03] | but I found out my mentor was having an affair with a student. | 但我发现我的导师出轨了一个学生 |
[11:06] | I told him the lack of integrity would weigh on his conscience. | 我跟他说这种不正当的事会让他良心不安 |
[11:09] | I was fired the next day. | 第二天我就被开除了 |
[11:11] | That sucks. | 这太糟[舔]了 |
[11:11] | It did suck. A big one. | 确实舔了 还挺大的 |
[11:15] | I lost my position, my house, | 我失去了我的工作 我的房子 |
[11:17] | but I kept the most important thing: my integrity. | 但我留住了最重要的 我的正义 |
[11:22] | But you would have been a professor. | 但你本来都要当教授了 |
[11:23] | – Without the integrity. – But same pay. | -没有正义的教授 -但有着教授的薪水 |
[11:26] | – Yes. – And benefits. | -是的 -还有福利 |
[11:27] | But what would the benefits be without the integrity? | 但没有正义 有福利又有何用呢 |
[11:30] | Medical, vision, | 医疗 视力 |
[11:32] | probably some sort of matching pension contribution… | 或许还有相匹配的养老金 |
[11:37] | It may seem foolish now, | 或许现在看来很蠢 |
[11:39] | but telling the truth is never a mistake. | 但说出事实永远不是错误 |
[11:48] | Oh, come on! | 拜托 |
[11:50] | Another hole? Not cool, Douglas. | 又一个洞 一点也不好 道格拉斯 |
[11:58] | Abishola? | 艾比希拉 |
[11:59] | Hello, Kemi. | 你好 凯米 |
[12:01] | Why are you not riding with Bob? | 你为什么没搭鲍勃的车 |
[12:04] | Was I right? Are you the annoying one? | 我说对了吗 你是烦人的那个 |
[12:07] | Maybe. I found out yesterday | 或许吧 我昨天发现 |
[12:09] | that Bob thinks we have problems. | 鲍勃认为我们有问题 |
[12:11] | – What problems? – He will not tell me. | -什么问题 -他没告诉我 |
[12:14] | The problem must be so bad, it is unspeakable. | 肯定是很严重的问题 说不出口 |
[12:18] | That is what I’m worried about. | 这也是我所担心的 |
[12:19] | How can I marry a man if we cannot communicate? | 如果我们无法交流 我怎么能嫁给他呢 |
[12:23] | Communication is the key. | 交流是最重要的 |
[12:25] | I thought I had a great relationship with Bob, | 我以为我和鲍勃关系很好 |
[12:27] | but then, out of nowhere, he threw me out of his Cadillac | 但不知为何 他把我从他的凯迪拉克上 |
[12:29] | and onto the street. | 赶到了大街上 |
[12:30] | We are talking about me and Bob. | 我们在说我 而不是鲍勃 |
[12:33] | Yes, we are. | 是的 |
[12:34] | If he could betray someone as lovable as me, | 如果他都能背叛我这么可爱的人 |
[12:37] | what chance do you have? | 你还有什么机会呢 |
[12:42] | Douglas, | 道格拉斯 |
[12:44] | do you have something to say to your mother? | 你有什么想对你母亲说的吗 |
[12:47] | I messed up. | 我搞砸了 |
[12:50] | What? | 什么 |
[12:51] | I messed up. | 我搞砸了 |
[12:53] | I hid hundreds of misordered boxes from you. | 我藏了几百个定错的盒子 |
[12:56] | Oh, Douglas. | 道格拉斯 |
[12:57] | I know. You had faith in me and I let you down. | 我知道 你相信我 我让你失望了 |
[13:00] | I wouldn’t say “Faith.” | 那可说不上”相信” |
[13:03] | Right, well, these guys had faith in me. | 好吧 他们相信我 |
[13:07] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[13:08] | At the beginning, no. | 一开始不信 |
[13:10] | At the end, no. | 到最后也不信 |
[13:11] | But in the middle, yes. | 但中间还是信的 |
[13:14] | How bad is it? | 情况有多糟糕 |
[13:15] | All told, we can expect losses of up to six figures | 总之 我们的预估损失高达六位数 |
[13:19] | and delays that could impact our entire quarter. | 还可能延误整个季度的货 |
[13:23] | I let you down, Mom. I’m sorry. | 我让你失望了 妈妈 我很抱歉 |
[13:26] | I’m proud of you for facing the music. | 你能直面事实 我很骄傲 |
[13:29] | If you don’t have integrity, | 如果你没有正义心 |
[13:30] | you don’t have anything. | 那你便一无所有 |
[13:31] | You see? | 听到了吗 |
[13:32] | Of course he sees. | 他当然知道了 |
[13:34] | Now burn ’em. | 全烧了吧 |
[13:36] | What? | 什么 |
[13:37] | Tell the insurance company | 跟保险公司说 |
[13:39] | we had an accidental fire | 我们不小心失火了 |
[13:40] | and we lost a lot of inventory, | 损失了很多库存 |
[13:42] | along with any records associated with it. | 以及与之相关的所有记录 |
[13:45] | But that’s not true. | 但这不是事实 |
[13:46] | I was going to have the insurance company pay for it, | 我本来想让保险公司来赔偿这笔损失 |
[13:49] | but if the man who supervises this idiot | 但如果监督这个傻蛋的人 |
[13:52] | wants to cover the loss, so be it. | 想来偿还损失 那也行 |
[13:56] | Perhaps the faulty sorting machine | 或许那台有故障的分选机 |
[13:59] | was also lost in the fire? | 也被烧毁了 |
[14:01] | Now, that’s management material. | 这才是当管理的料 |
[14:05] | You’re right, Goodwin, I do feel better. | 你说得对 古德温 我感觉好多了 |
[14:09] | Do not look at me. | 别看我 |
[14:19] | Hello, Bob. | 你好 鲍勃 |
[14:20] | – Kemi? – We need to talk. | -凯米 -我们得聊聊 |
[14:22] | Look, if this is about me not driving you, | 听着 如果是因为我没载你 |
[14:23] | you got to understand… | 你得明白… |
[14:24] | This is not about you and I, this is about you and Abishola. | 这与你我无关 是关于你和艾比希拉 |
[14:27] | If you want to save your relationship, | 如果你想挽救你的感情 |
[14:29] | you must let me inside. | 你必须让我进去 |
[14:30] | Of course, come in. | 当然 请进 |
[14:33] | Wait, you brought your laundry? | 等等 你还把你要洗的衣服带过来了吗 |
[14:36] | I brought my guidance. And my laundry. | 我带来了我的指引 以及要洗的衣服 |
[14:42] | I think Abishola and I are doing great. | 我觉得艾比希拉和我挺好的 |
[14:45] | Yes, well, you think wrong. | 是的 你可想错了 |
[14:47] | But I can help you fix it. | 给我弄点喝的来 |
[14:49] | As soon as I get something to drink. | 我就帮你解决 |
[14:52] | I’ll get you some water. | 我去给你倒杯水 |
[14:53] | You will get me some wine. | 你去给我开瓶酒 |
[14:58] | Mmm, this opens up nicely. Very fruity. | 第一口感觉挺好 很润 |
[15:01] | Oh, I’m so glad you like it. | 你能喜欢真是太好了 |
[15:03] | You know what would pair well with this? Food. | 知道什么才能与之相配吗 食物 |
[15:06] | Can we just get to the part where you help me with Abishola? | 能直接说该怎么和艾比希拉相处吗 |
[15:09] | Are you done folding my intimates? | 我的内衣叠好了吗 |
[15:11] | Fine. | 很好 |
[15:12] | careful. | 小心点 |
[15:13] | Don’t get my panties in a bunch. | 别把我的内裤搅成一团 |
[15:16] | Rolled or folded? | 是卷还是折 |
[15:18] | Rolled, please. | 请卷起来 |
[15:21] | Now, while you are doing that, | 现在 趁你卷的时候 |
[15:22] | where can I put on my swimsuit? | 我能在哪换泳衣 |
[15:24] | I was told you have a hot tub. | 听说你有个热水浴缸 |
[15:25] | Okay, enough. | 好了 够了 |
[15:27] | No more laundry, no more wine, | 不许再洗衣服 不许再喝酒 |
[15:29] | and, no, you cannot use my hot tub. | 还有 不准用我的热水浴缸 |
[15:32] | – Finally. – Finally? | -终于 -终于 |
[15:34] | Yes, you are no longer being weak. | 是的 你终于不怂了 |
[15:36] | I was looking for your backbone | 我一直在找你的骨气 |
[15:37] | and at last I have found it. | 现在终于找到了 |
[15:39] | – I’m not weak. – Really? | -我才不怂 -是吗 |
[15:41] | You let someone you barely know | 你让一个你几乎不认识的人 |
[15:43] | drink your wine, wash her unmentionables, | 喝你的酒 给她洗内衣 |
[15:45] | and then you rolled them for her. | 然后你还帮她卷起来 |
[15:48] | – I was being polite. – Stop that. | -我只是出于礼貌 -省省吧 |
[15:51] | You are too afraid of hurting people’s feelings. | 你太害怕伤害别人的感情了 |
[15:53] | Be more Nigerian. | 尼日利亚一点 |
[15:55] | So I should be rude? | 所以我应该无礼些吗 |
[15:56] | To you it is rude, to us it is honesty. | 这对你而言的无礼对我们来说是诚实 |
[16:00] | We need to know the truth, even when it’s uncomfortable. | 我们需要知道真相 即使真相让人难受 |
[16:03] | You can never allow Abishola to wonder how you feel. | 你总不能永远让艾比希拉去猜你的感受 |
[16:09] | Well, that makes sense. | 有道理 |
[16:11] | Of course it does. | 当然有道理 |
[16:14] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[16:17] | So, where can I change? | 在哪儿换衣服 |
[16:19] | No, you cannot use my hot tub. | 不行 你不能用我的热水浴缸 |
[16:21] | Well done, Bob. | 做得好 鲍勃 |
[16:23] | Now shut up and point me to the bathroom. | 废话少说 告诉我浴室在哪 |
[16:30] | Oh, yeah. Bumpity-bumpity-bumpity-bumpity. | 是啊 砰砰砰砰 |
[16:36] | – Good morning. – Good morning. | -早上好 -早上好 |
[16:37] | Listen, I have a problem, | 听着 有件事 |
[16:39] | and I want to tell you what it is. | 我要跟你说清楚 |
[16:40] | – Good. – I know I’m not supposed | -好 -我知道 |
[16:42] | to beat around the bush, so I’m not gonna do that. | 我不该拐弯抹角 我不会了 |
[16:44] | I’m just gonna come right out and say it. | 那我就直说了 |
[16:48] | When? | 何时说 |
[16:50] | Right now. We don’t sleep together. | 现在就说 我们没有一起睡 |
[16:53] | Yes, we do. | 不 我们有 |
[16:54] | No, I mean, actually sleep. | 不 我是指真正意义上的睡觉 |
[16:57] | Snoring, drooling, the whole works. | 打鼾 流口水 所有的一切 |
[16:59] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[17:01] | I don’t want to pick you up from your place in the morning. | 我不想每天早上去你家接你 |
[17:04] | I want to wake up next to you. | 我想在你身边醒来 |
[17:06] | The best part of my day, | 每天 每周 每年 任何时候 |
[17:08] | week, year, whatever, | 我最美好的时光 |
[17:10] | would be opening my eyes, looking over, | 得是睁开眼睛 环顾四周 |
[17:12] | and seeing the woman I love by my side. | 看见我爱的女人就在我身边 |
[17:16] | That’s very nice. | 那很美好 |
[17:17] | And I was direct about it. | 我直截了当地说了 |
[17:18] | Yes, you were. | 是的 你直说了 |
[17:20] | And that was your big problem with us? | 这就是你对现状最大的不满吗 |
[17:22] | Well, it’s not a big problem, but yeah. | 这没什么大不了 但是的 |
[17:25] | So, you think you could spend the night once in a while? | 那你能不能偶尔来过夜 |
[17:30] | No. | 不行 |
[17:32] | – Come on. – It is inappropriate. | -拜托 -这不合适 |
[17:34] | Your mother is in the room next door. | 你母亲就在隔壁 |
[17:36] | I could stay at your place. | 我可以住在你那儿 |
[17:37] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不行 |
[17:40] | Well, on my birthday weekend, I’m booking a hotel | 我不管你来不来 |
[17:42] | whether you show up or not. | 我都要在生日周末预定酒店 |
[17:45] | It’s August 3rd, so put it on your calendar. | 八月三号 记在你的日历上吧 |
[17:54] | Are you sure it’s OK for using this? | 我们用热水浴缸不要紧吗 |
[17:56] | Oh, yes. Bob is a close friend who I helped through the hard time. | 是的 我们关系好 我帮了鲍勃大忙 |
[18:01] | What the hell? | 你们搞什么鬼 |
[18:03] | Hello, Bob. | 你好 鲍勃 |
[18:04] | I want stand up, but Kami said the house where a man go commando. | 我想站起来 但凯米说在这房子允许男人遛鸟 |
[18:07] | It doesn’t in my room. | 那说的不是我家 |
[18:09] | Good, Bob, express yourself. | 很好 鲍勃 表达出来 |
[18:11] | Now, there are some cup cakes in your fridge. | 冰箱里有些杯子蛋糕 |
[18:13] | Can you bring them up, please? | 能帮忙拿过来吗 |
[18:14] | No! | 不能 |
[18:16] | Hey, you’ve got a role for one more? | 你们三缺一吗 |