时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Dele, if you are still here, you are late o! | 德勒 如果你还在这磨蹭 你会迟到 |
[00:05] | Mum, I need you to sign this. | 妈妈 这里需要你签字 |
[00:08] | Is it your report card? | 是你的成绩单吗 |
[00:09] | Yes. | 是的 |
[00:10] | Olu, gather round! | 奥卢 集合 |
[00:12] | The boy has brought his grades! | 德勒上交成绩单了 |
[00:13] | Why are you just showing this to me now? | 为什么现在才给我 |
[00:15] | I forgot. You just sign… | 我忘了 你在这签… |
[00:16] | 98. | 98分 |
[00:18] | 98… | 98分… |
[00:21] | 91 in math. | 数学91分 |
[00:22] | No, surely that one is a seven. | 不 那个1肯定是7 |
[00:25] | It is 91. | 91分 |
[00:28] | That’s still an “A.” | 91也还是A |
[00:29] | How would you know? You got a 91 in math. | 你怎么知道 你数学才91分 |
[00:34] | There was a particularly | 有一场挺难的 |
[00:35] | difficult pop quiz on inverse fractions. | 反传统分数突击测试 |
[00:37] | Then you should have studied. | 就是说你已经学过了 |
[00:39] | I didn’t know the quiz was coming. | 我不知道要考试 |
[00:40] | That’s why they use the word “Pop.” | 所以才叫”突击”测试 |
[00:42] | Oh, so you have all the answers now. | 所现在你有答案了是吗 |
[00:44] | Where were they when the quiz popped? | 考试的时候它们都去哪里了 |
[00:47] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[00:48] | It was. | 早上曾经好 |
[00:50] | I’ll get my things. | 我去拿东西 |
[00:53] | Show him the shameful report card. | 给他看看那张可耻的成绩单 |
[00:56] | I’ve been there, man. | 我有经验 伙计 |
[00:58] | Wait a minute, no, I haven’t. | 等等 不 我没经验 |
[00:59] | These are all As. | 全都是A |
[01:02] | I made the same mistake. | 我也看错了 |
[01:04] | That seven is a one. | 那个不是7是1 |
[01:07] | Well, not for nothing, | 并非无可取之处 |
[01:08] | but a 91 still got me five bucks from my mom. | 91分还是能从我妈那里得到5美元 |
[01:12] | Well, that was the rule– five bucks an “A.” | 我们说好一个A五美元 |
[01:14] | Why would she pay you for something | 你做了对你自己好的事 |
[01:15] | that already benefits you? | 她为什么还要给你钱 |
[01:16] | Did she reward you for brushing your teeth, too? | 刷个牙她也会奖励你吗 |
[01:20] | Sometimes. | 有时候会 |
[01:23] | If this is what you’re like | 得了A你们尚且如此 |
[01:23] | when he gets an “A,” What are you gonna do if he gets a “B”? | 如果他得了B 你们会怎样 |
[01:29] | It only happened once. | 德勒只得过一次B |
[01:31] | I had pneumonia. | 考试时我得了肺炎 |
[01:33] | Walking pneumonia. | 轻度肺炎 |
[01:59] | Thank you for the ride. | 谢谢你送我过来 |
[02:00] | I’m happy to do it. | 很高兴送你过来 |
[02:02] | Hey, what do you think about Dele and me | 你觉得偶尔让德勒 |
[02:03] | spending some time together? | 和我待在一起怎么样 |
[02:05] | – Why? – I’m gonna be his stepdad. | -为什么 -我快要当他的继父了 |
[02:06] | We should be buddies. | 我们应该先成为兄弟 |
[02:08] | You should have buddies your own age. | 你应该找同龄人做兄弟 |
[02:09] | I do. I mean, I did. | 我找 我是说 我找过了 |
[02:12] | I work a lot. | 我工作很忙 |
[02:13] | I just think Dele and I should have a bond. | 我只是觉得德勒和我应该建立关系 |
[02:15] | The bond will be when you tell him to do something, | 这种关系就是当你让他做某件事时 |
[02:17] | – he will obey you. – So I’m just gonna order him to be my buddy? | -他会服从你 -所以我要命令他做我的好哥们 |
[02:20] | There will be no buddying. | 不会有什么哥俩好 |
[02:22] | I just want to spend some time with the kid. | 我只是想多陪陪孩子 |
[02:24] | What if I put him to work? | 如果我让他去工作呢 |
[02:25] | Work is good, but he has to work. | 工作挺好 但他必须努力 |
[02:28] | None of this five dollars for nothing. | 一个五美元也不能白拿 |
[02:30] | Fine, I won’t even give him water | 好吧 如果你不让我给他喝水 |
[02:31] | if you don’t want me to. | 我就不给他喝水 |
[02:33] | What? What is wrong with you? | 什么 你怎么回事 |
[02:34] | – No, I was just… – What if he gets thirsty? | -不 我只是… -如果他渴了怎么办 |
[02:36] | He can have a water break whenever he wants. | 他想什么时候喝水就什么时候喝 |
[02:38] | Whenever he wants? | 想什么时候喝水就什么时候喝吗 |
[02:39] | Just tell me the right thing to say and I will say it. | 告诉我你想听什么我就说什么 |
[02:49] | Thank you, Doctor. | 谢谢你 医生 |
[02:51] | Could I ask you a question? | 我可以问你一个问题吗 |
[02:52] | If my husband was dead, absolutely. | 我丈夫死了吗 当然啊 |
[02:55] | What? | 你说什么 |
[02:57] | Did you reward your children for good grades? | 孩子成绩好你会奖励吗 |
[02:59] | Sure did… let ’em live in my house till they were 18. | 当然… 让他们在我的房子里住到18岁 |
[03:04] | Bob said his mother paid him when he did well in school. | 鲍勃说当他在学校表现好时他妈妈会给他钱 |
[03:07] | I thought maybe it was an American thing. | 我还以为这是美国特色呢 |
[03:09] | It’s a white thing. | 是白人特色 |
[03:10] | First they pay the kid. | 他们先把钱给孩子 |
[03:12] | Then they pay the tutor. | 再把钱给老师 |
[03:14] | And if the kid’s still an idiot, they just pay the school. | 如果那孩子依然是蠢蛋 就直接给学校钱 |
[03:17] | I always worked hard in my studies. | 我学习总是很认真 |
[03:19] | For me, it was a matter of pride. | 对我来说 这事关尊严 |
[03:21] | And because if you didn’t, you’d get smacked. | 因为不然的话 你就会被揍的 |
[03:24] | Sometimes beating is the only way | 有时候 动手揍 |
[03:26] | to really communicate with a child. | 是唯一能跟小孩沟通的方式 |
[03:27] | Girl, you can’t say stuff like that. | 妹妹 你可不能说这种话 |
[03:30] | I thought we felt the same way. | 我以为大家都是这么认为的 |
[03:32] | We do– we just can’t feel the same way out loud. | 的确 只不过不能公开大声这么认为 |
[03:35] | In Nigeria, when a child misbehaves, | 在尼日利亚 如果一个小孩子不乖 |
[03:37] | everybody’s allowed… | 大家都能… |
[03:39] | to communicate with them. | 和他好好沟通 |
[03:42] | Friends, family, perfect strangers. | 朋友 家人 完全陌生人都行 |
[03:45] | That’s why Dele’s the most respectful | 所以德勒是我见过的 |
[03:47] | young man I’ve ever met. | 最可敬的年轻人 |
[03:49] | I trained him well. | 我把他教得很好 |
[03:50] | All I have to do is give him a look. | 我只要给他一个眼神 |
[03:52] | I’ve seen that look. | 我见过那种眼神 |
[03:54] | Ooh, not that one. | 这可没见过 |
[03:57] | Damn! | 厉害啊 |
[04:03] | There we go. | 好了 |
[04:05] | It’s kind of heavy. | 有点重 |
[04:06] | Yeah. Are you thirsty? | 是啊 你渴吗 |
[04:08] | We could take a break, have a soda. | 我们可以休息一下 喝点苏打水 |
[04:10] | Uh, no, I’m fine. | 不用了 我没事 |
[04:12] | Come on, you gonna make me drink alone? | 拜托 你要让我一个人喝吗 |
[04:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:16] | So, how’s school? | 学校里怎么样 |
[04:18] | You were there, Bob. | 你也去过 鲍勃 |
[04:20] | Have I not been shamed enough? | 我被羞辱得还不够吗 |
[04:22] | I’m not talking about your grades, | 我说的不是你的成绩 |
[04:24] | which were great, by the way. | 顺便 你的成绩很好 |
[04:26] | I’m talking about the other stuff. You got any friends? | 我说的是其他方面 你有朋友吗 |
[04:28] | Who’s asking? | 谁问的 |
[04:30] | I am. | 我啊 |
[04:31] | Who are you telling? | 你会跟谁说 |
[04:32] | Nobody. | 没谁 |
[04:33] | Then, yes. I have friends. | 那有 我有朋友 |
[04:35] | Ooh, I’m gonna have to tell your mom. | 我要告诉你妈妈 |
[04:36] | – What?! – I’m just kidding. | -什么 -我开玩笑的 |
[04:38] | That’s what buddies do– they kid around. | 伙伴们都这样 会互相开玩笑 |
[04:40] | But you’re not my buddy. | 但我不是你的伙伴 |
[04:42] | You’re my elder. | 你是我的长辈 |
[04:43] | Right, about all that, listen. | 关于这个 听着 |
[04:46] | If you have any questions, | 如果你有任何问题 |
[04:48] | maybe questions you feel like you can’t talk | 也许一些你觉得没有办法和你妈妈 |
[04:49] | to your mom about, I’m your guy. | 交流的问题 都可以找我 |
[04:52] | Thank you, Bob. | 谢谢你 鲍勃 |
[04:54] | I do have one question. | 我是有一个问题 |
[04:55] | Shoot. | 说吧 |
[04:57] | Are you a hoarder? | 你是囤积狂吗 |
[04:59] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[05:01] | You have a lot of things. | 你有很多东西 |
[05:02] | Old things, new things, never-opened things. | 旧东西 新东西 从来没拆封过的东西 |
[05:06] | I’m not a hoarder. | 我不是囤积狂 |
[05:08] | I don’t think. | 应该不是 |
[05:11] | Don’t you ever just buy something because it makes you feel better? | 你不会因为有的东西让你感觉很好就买下来吗 |
[05:14] | Like medicine? | 比如说药吗 |
[05:15] | Well, kind of. | 差不多吧 |
[05:18] | Retail therapy, you know? | 购物疗法之类的 |
[05:20] | No, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[05:23] | Yeah, I guess you wouldn’t. | 我猜你也不会知道 |
[05:24] | You can’t just walk up to your mom and go, “Let’s get an Xbox.” | 你不能直接找你妈妈说”给我买个Xbox” |
[05:26] | I don’t even think she’d let me do that. | 我觉得她甚至不会允许我这么做 |
[05:29] | She definitely wouldn’t. | 绝对不会 |
[05:30] | Yeah, you’re right. | 你说得对 |
[05:33] | You’ve been busting your ass today. | 你今天真是忙了一天 |
[05:35] | Anything you see in here that you’re interested in, | 你在这里看到任何想要的东西 |
[05:37] | it’s yours. | 都可以拿走 |
[05:40] | I can’t do that. | 我不能这么做 |
[05:41] | Come on, I’m just gonna throw this stuff out. | 拜托 我都要把这些东西扔了 |
[05:45] | You’re gonna throw away this record player? | 你要把这个唱片机也扔了吗 |
[05:47] | Lot of old records, too. | 还有很多旧唱片 |
[05:48] | You like Bob Seger? | 你喜欢鲍勃·西格尔吗 |
[05:49] | Who? | 谁 |
[05:50] | “Night Moves”? | 《暗夜律动》 |
[05:52] | “Old Time Rock and Roll”? | 《古老摇滚》 |
[05:54] | “Ramblin’ Gamblin’ Man”? | 《摇摆赌徒》 |
[05:57] | Is this a riddle? | 是什么谜语吗 |
[05:59] | All right, now I’m really worried about your education. | 好了 我真的有点担心你的教育了 |
[06:01] | That’s it, you’re taking all this stuff. | 够了 这些东西都归你了 |
[06:03] | I can’t do that. | 我不能这么做 |
[06:05] | Yes, you can. I’m your elder. | 你可以 我是你的长辈 |
[06:08] | And I insist. | 我坚持 |
[06:10] | Then I have no choice. | 那我别无选择了 |
[06:11] | And I insist you drink that Coke. | 我还坚持你喝掉那杯可乐 |
[06:13] | Yes, Mr. Wheeler. | 好的 维勒先生 |
[06:15] | And kick back, take a pause for the cause. | 然后放松一下 好好缓一缓 |
[06:20] | Sit! | 坐 |
[06:27] | You know, those hoarders have a lot of cats. | 那些囤积狂都是有很多猫的 |
[06:29] | I don’t have any cats. | 我没有猫 |
[06:34] | The robot is fantastic. | 这机器人太棒了 |
[06:36] | We should have gotten one of these years ago. | 我们好几年前就应该买一个的 |
[06:38] | I assumed it wouldn’t do a proper job. | 我本来以为它不会扫得很干净 |
[06:41] | Forgive my foolishness, little friend. | 请原谅我的愚蠢 小朋友 |
[06:44] | Quiet, efficient, and it will never get tired. | 安静 高效 永远不会累 |
[06:47] | It’s like a little mechanical immigrant. | 简直就像小小机械移民 |
[06:51] | Karo, Auntie, Uncle. | 你们好 阿姨 叔叔 |
[06:53] | Karo. | 你好 |
[06:55] | You bought one of these robot vacuum cleaners? | 你们买了一个扫地机器人 |
[06:58] | We would never be stupid enough to waste money | 我们才不会蠢到把钱 |
[06:59] | on something like this. It’s Bob’s. | 浪费在这种东西上 这是鲍勃的 |
[07:03] | He gave it to Dele. | 他给德勒的 |
[07:04] | And why would Dele come back– | 德勒为什么会来… |
[07:06] | Go away! We are busy cleaning. | 走开 我们忙着打扫呢 |
[07:09] | This robot is very impressive. | 这个机器人很厉害 |
[07:12] | And-and look at the path it leaves. | 看看它的路径 |
[07:14] | You can tell where it has been | 你都能看出它去过那里 |
[07:15] | and where the floor is still dirty. | 以及哪里的地板还脏 |
[07:18] | I washed the floors yesterday. | 我昨天才冲过地板 |
[07:20] | The robot seems to disagree. | 机器人好像可不这么觉得 |
[07:22] | Look, he’s off to check how well you cleaned the kitchen. | 看 它去看你把厨房打扫得怎么样了 |
[07:26] | It’s like your mother has come to visit. | 简直就像你妈妈来了 |
[07:33] | What is this? | 这都是什么 |
[07:34] | Uh, Grand Funk Railroad. | 《大放克铁路》 |
[07:36] | Bob is my elder and insisted that I take it. | 鲍勃是我的长辈 他坚持要我带走 |
[07:38] | He assures me it is very good for my education. | 他保证这很有利于我的教育 |
[07:41] | And all of this? | 还有这些 |
[07:42] | It will also help. With the second monitor, | 也很有帮助 有两个显示器 |
[07:44] | I can study two subjects simultaneously. | 我就能同时学两门课了 |
[07:47] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[07:48] | I want to rectify my unacceptable math grade | 我想要弥补我惨不忍睹的数学成绩 |
[07:51] | and restore our family honor. | 恢复我们家族的荣耀 |
[07:55] | Bob gave you all of this? | 这些都是鲍勃给你的吗 |
[07:57] | He was throwing it all away. | 他本来要把这些都扔了 |
[07:58] | And my wise mother taught me never to be wasteful. | 我睿智的母亲教我不能浪费 |
[08:01] | I also brought you a gift. | 我还给你带了礼物 |
[08:04] | I don’t want this ridiculous thing. | 我不想要这个怪东西 |
[08:06] | Pull on the ends. | 拉住两端 |
[08:14] | I don’t like this. | 我不喜欢这个 |
[08:16] | It’s also heated. | 还能加热 |
[08:23] | That is even worse. | 更难受了 |
[08:36] | Tunde, do you hear that? | 通德 你听到了吗 |
[08:40] | Tunde! | 通德 |
[08:42] | Like sleeping next to an old boat. | 简直就像谁在一艘老船边 |
[08:50] | You have done a wonderful job, little robot. | 你做得很好 小机器人 |
[08:54] | Perhaps I don’t keep this house as spotless as I used to. | 也许我没有像以前那样让这个房间一尘不染 |
[08:58] | Maybe I can no longer scrub on my hands and knees, | 也许我是再也没有跪在地上擦洗 |
[09:02] | and rely too much | 太依赖于 |
[09:03] | on my “As Seen on TV” Magic Mop. | “电视解你愁”买来的魔法拖布 |
[09:08] | That’s not my fault. | 那不是我的错 |
[09:09] | That’s where Tunde eats his toast. | 那是通德吃吐司的地方 |
[09:18] | Olu? | 奥卢 |
[09:20] | Olu? | 奥卢 |
[09:28] | Let’s let her sleep. | 让她睡吧 |
[09:30] | Her battery does not last as long as yours. | 她的电池没有你这么持久 |
[09:53] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[10:04] | Can you move your bag? | 能挪一下你的包吗 |
[10:06] | – Are you elderly or pregnant? – No. | -你是老人或怀孕了 -不是 |
[10:08] | Well, I am both. Move along. | 我两者都是 走开 |
[10:14] | Abishola. E karo. | 艾比希拉 你好 |
[10:16] | E karo, Kemi. | 你好 凯米 |
[10:17] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[10:20] | I’m going to work. | 我要去上班 |
[10:21] | Did something happen to Bob’s Cadillac? | 鲍勃的凯迪拉克怎么了 |
[10:23] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[10:25] | You haven’t taken the bus for three weeks, | 你已经三周没有坐公交车了 |
[10:26] | and now you’re here; I assumed the worst. | 但今天你又来了 看来出事了 |
[10:28] | – Bob is fine. – And the Cadillac? | -鲍勃没事 -凯迪拉克呢 |
[10:30] | It is fine. Bob just had an early meeting. | 没事 鲍勃只是有早会 |
[10:34] | So now you are back among… | 那你回到了… |
[10:37] | …the bus people. | 巴士人群中 |
[10:40] | Kemi… | 凯米 |
[10:41] | Don’t act like you don’t know what I’m talking about. | 不要假装你不知道我在说什么 |
[10:43] | Look at them. | 看看他们 |
[10:45] | We are bus people. | 我们都是巴士人群 |
[10:46] | No, I am a person who rides the bus. | 不 我是坐巴士的人 |
[10:49] | Big difference. | 区别大了 |
[10:50] | And you escaped this life when you got off at | 你上了富未婚夫大道后 |
[10:53] | Rich Fiancé Boulevard. | 就脱离了这种生活 |
[10:54] | – That is not what happened. – Of course it is. | -不是这样的 -当然是了 |
[10:57] | And I’ve never been more proud of you. | 我一直很为你自豪 |
[10:59] | Every day as I ride alone, I am comforted knowing that | 我每次坐公交的时候 都很欣慰 |
[11:02] | my friend’s backside is being caressed | 我朋友的后背正依靠在 |
[11:04] | by the soft, imported leather of Bob’s Cadillac. | 鲍勃的凯迪拉克那柔软舒适的前座上 |
[11:09] | You must leave here and never come back, | 你必须离开这里 永远不要回来 |
[11:11] | unless it’s to take me with you. | 除非是为了带我走 |
[11:13] | I will ride in the trunk. Please, just save me | 我进后备箱也行 拜托 快带我 |
[11:15] | from these people. | 离开这些人吧 |
[11:26] | You are a curious little robot. Curious for crumbs. | 你真是个好奇的小机器人 就想吃碎屑 |
[11:40] | What is wrong? | 怎么了 |
[11:42] | I’m old and useless. | 我又老又没用 |
[11:46] | You are not so useless. | 你没有那么没用 |
[11:50] | And we are both old. | 我们都很老 |
[11:52] | It’s wonderful. We get discounts everywhere. | 那很好啊 我们到哪里都有折扣 |
[11:56] | I’m sorry I’m not the woman you married. | 我很抱歉我已经不是你娶的那个女人了 |
[11:58] | Nonsense. | 胡说 |
[11:59] | You are as beautiful as the day I met you. | 你还和我初见你的那天一样美 |
[12:02] | That is true. | 那倒是没错 |
[12:04] | But I cannot maintain the household the way I used to. | 但是我不能像以前一样保持家的干净了 |
[12:08] | That’s why we have the robot. | 所以我们才要用机器人 |
[12:09] | How long until a robot replaces me | 机器人还要用多久 |
[12:12] | in other parts of the house? | 代替我在家中其他方面的地位 |
[12:14] | – Wh-What other parts? – This bed. | -什么其他方面 -这张床上 |
[12:17] | Is that possible? | 有可能吗 |
[12:19] | You see? You are curious. | 你看 你很好奇 |
[12:23] | No… | 不 |
[12:25] | You will never be replaced. | 你永远无法替代 |
[12:28] | You will always be my little Olu. | 你永远都是我的小奥卢 |
[12:32] | And you my big Tunde. | 你是我的大通德 |
[12:37] | Not in front of the robot. | 不要再机器人面前 |
[12:40] | Go. Shoo. Get out! | 走开 出去 |
[12:42] | I ate crackers in the living room. | 我在客厅吃了脆饼干 |
[12:49] | I’m sorry, Annie… | 很抱歉 安妮 |
[12:53] | Well, after you guys are done with your drinks, | 二位喝完酒以后 |
[12:54] | would you like to order some appetizers? | 要不要点点开胃菜 |
[12:56] | No, thanks. We filled up on chips. | 不用了 谢谢 我们加了薯片 |
[12:59] | Oh, hey, did you have some underage kid | 你找童工去车库 |
[13:01] | doing work for you in the garage? | 帮你干活了吗 |
[13:03] | That’s not some kid, that’s Dele. | 那不是童工 那是德勒 |
[13:05] | Oh, right. Who’s Dele? | 好吧 德勒是谁 |
[13:07] | Abishola’s son. | 艾比希拉的儿子 |
[13:08] | – Right. Your new stepson. – Yep. | -对了 你的继子 -对 |
[13:11] | Raising a kid is a big responsibility. | 抚养一个孩子是很重大的责任 |
[13:13] | – Are you sure you’re up for it? – Yeah, of course. | -你确定你准备好了吗 -当然了 |
[13:16] | When Dad died, I practically raised you two. | 爸爸死后 几乎是我把你们俩养大的 |
[13:19] | I don’t think you want to use us as references. | 我觉得你还是不用拿我们作参考吧 |
[13:21] | I mean, I hide it pretty well, but I’ve got some | 我藏得很好 但其实我有一些 |
[13:23] | emotional issues. | 情感问题 |
[13:26] | And I don’t even hide my problems. | 我从来不隐藏我的问题 |
[13:29] | My son does not need any of your garbage. | 我的儿子不需要你的垃圾 |
[13:32] | Be thankful. He gave him garbage instead of baggage. | 知足吧 他给你的是垃圾 不是包袱 |
[13:36] | Go. | 走 |
[13:38] | Fine. The service here sucks anyway. | 行吧 反正这里的服务也很烂 |
[13:42] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[13:43] | You see those two? That is what happens | 看到他们俩了吗 这就是宠大的孩子 |
[13:45] | when you grow up spoiled. | 最后的下场 |
[13:46] | No, that is what happens when your mother drinks. | 不 这就是妈妈酗酒的孩子的下场 |
[13:50] | I cannot have my son around that. | 我不能让我孩子有这些东西 |
[13:52] | I cannot have him around this. | 我不能让他在这种环境 |
[13:53] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[13:55] | Whatever you want, you just buy. | 你想要什么就直接买 |
[13:56] | You do not work for it. | 都不需要努力工作 |
[13:58] | Hey, everything I have, I got through hard work. | 我拥有的一切都是通过努力工作得来的 |
[14:01] | – Bob. – What? You know I run a company, right? | -鲍勃 -怎么了 你知道我经营一所公司的 |
[14:03] | A family company that was handed to you. | 那只是一家交到你手上的家族企业 |
[14:07] | Okay. So that automatically means I don’t work hard. | 好吧 那就自动说明我工作不努力 |
[14:10] | Dele needs to know this is not how the real world is. | 德勒需要知道真实的世界不是这样的 |
[14:13] | Nothing is going to be handed to him. | 不会有什么东西交到他手上 |
[14:14] | He was not born on easy street. | 他不是含着金汤勺长大的 |
[14:17] | Like me. Exactly. | 就像我 没错 |
[14:20] | Okay, well, it’s good to know what you really think. | 好吧 知道你的真实想法可真好 |
[14:22] | Thanks for stopping by. | 谢谢你过来 |
[14:23] | For the record, | 顺便 |
[14:24] | I would never question your work ethic. | 我永远不会质疑你的职业道德 |
[14:26] | How could you? I’ve worked for everything I have. | 你怎么质疑 我的一切都是我工作得来的 |
[14:29] | Ah, great, just back the car up | 太好了 倒车 |
[14:31] | and run me over one more time. | 又把我碾了一遍 |
[14:32] | I do not have a car. | 我没有车 |
[14:34] | I’m a bus person. | 我是巴士人群 |
[14:41] | – Push, Mrs. Wheeler. – I am. It’s too heavy. | -推 维勒太太 -我在推 太重了 |
[14:43] | – You are doing it. – Are you watching the same show I am? | -你要成功了 -你看的画面和我一样吗 |
[14:47] | It’s not moving. | 这根本不动啊 |
[14:49] | I need a break. | 我要休息一下 |
[14:50] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[14:55] | I heard you and Bob fighting, you know. | 我听说你和鲍勃吵架了 |
[14:56] | Sounded like a doozy. | 听起来很离奇 |
[14:58] | It was quite an ija. | 吵得很激烈[尼日利亚语] |
[15:00] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[15:02] | Doozy. | 离奇 |
[15:04] | You think he’s soft, don’t you? | 你觉得他是个很软弱的人 对吗 |
[15:06] | Only because he has never had to be anything else. | 只是因为他根本不需要去做些什么 |
[15:08] | Abishola, I love you, | 艾比希拉 我很爱你 |
[15:10] | but you don’t know what the hell you’re talking about. | 但是你根本不知道你自己在说什么 |
[15:13] | He cries when the plane flies over the football field | 他连飞机在橄榄球赛开始前飞过球场 |
[15:16] | before the game starts. | 都会掉眼泪 |
[15:18] | So he’s sensitive. | 他很感性 |
[15:19] | That doesn’t mean he’s weak. | 这不代表他很弱 |
[15:22] | You didn’t see him after his father’s funeral, | 你没有看到他在他父亲葬礼后的样子 |
[15:24] | when he told me he was leaving college | 他说他要从大学辍学 |
[15:26] | so we wouldn’t have to shut down the company. | 好让我们不用关停工厂 |
[15:28] | A 20-year-old kid learning the business on the fly. | 一个20岁的孩子仓促地学习怎么做生意 |
[15:32] | He’s the one that kept this family afloat. | 是他维持了这个家 |
[15:35] | I did not know. | 我不知道这些 |
[15:36] | Well, now you do. | 你现在知道了 |
[15:37] | And don’t you ever forget it. | 你也永远不要忘记 |
[15:40] | Perhaps I underestimated your children. | 也许是我低估了你的孩子们 |
[15:42] | No, no, no, just Bob. | 不不不 只是鲍勃而已 |
[15:44] | The other two are as worthless as my left arm. | 另外两个和我的左手一样没用 |
[15:47] | Aw, give me the damn weight. | 把那个哑铃给我 |
[16:00] | Can we talk for a moment, please? | 我们能好好聊聊吗 |
[16:02] | I’m a little busy. I’m halfway through | 我有点忙 我正在整理 |
[16:03] | my “Never going camping” Section. | 我的”永远不去露营”区 |
[16:06] | At least let me help you. | 至少让我帮你 |
[16:08] | I don’t need anything handed to me. | 我不需要别人把任何东西交到我手上 |
[16:12] | Why have I never heard the story of what you did for your family? | 为什么我从来不知道你为你家族做的事 |
[16:15] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[16:17] | How there would be no company if it were not for you. | 如果没有你 就不会有这个公司 |
[16:20] | I don’t know if I’d put it that way. | 我不知道我会不会这么说 |
[16:21] | That’s the way your mother put it. | 你妈妈是这么说的 |
[16:23] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[16:26] | Was she drinking brandy? Brandy makes her nice. | 她当时在喝白兰地吗 白兰地会让她变得好一点 |
[16:29] | If I knew that story, I would never have said | 要是我早知道这个故事 我永远不会说 |
[16:31] | those things about you. | 那些关于你的话 |
[16:33] | Oh, I see. | 我明白了 |
[16:35] | So it’s my fault for not telling you. | 那不告诉你还是我的错了 |
[16:37] | No. | 不 |
[16:38] | It’s no one’s fault. | 这不是任何人的错 |
[16:40] | – But if there were blame to be placed… – Okay. | -但如果要怪的话… -好吧 |
[16:45] | I’m glad to have you in my life and Dele’s. | 我很高兴我和德勒能遇见你 |
[16:47] | I regret saying anything that made you feel differently. | 我很后悔说了那些让你不好受的话 |
[16:51] | So… | 那… |
[16:53] | you’re sorry. | 你很抱歉 |
[16:56] | Again, if you had just | 再次重申 要是你能 |
[16:58] | – given me all the information… – Oh, my God. | -早点告诉我… -天啊 |
[17:00] | Is this what our life is gonna be like? | 我们的生活以后就是这样了吗 |
[17:02] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:05] | I can live with that. | 我可以接受 |
[17:12] | Okay, my friend, I am sorry to say | 我的朋友 我很抱歉 |
[17:15] | this is where we part. | 我们要分离了 |
[17:17] | While you have brightened my life and my floors, | 你点亮了我的生活 擦亮了我的地板 |
[17:20] | you have tracked muddy footprints all over my marriage. | 你在我的婚姻里留下了泥泞 |
[17:26] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[17:28] | It is a dirty world out there. | 外面的世界很肮脏 |
[17:35] | Don’t look back. | 不要回头 |
[17:38] | Just go. | 走吧 |