时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | All right, Mr. Wheeler, I’m just recording your resting levels | 好了 惠勒先生 我需要录下你的静息水平 |
[00:03] | so we have a baseline before the stress test. | 从而得到压力测试的基准线 |
[00:05] | Right, then you make me run till my heart explodes. | 对 然后你让我跑到心脏爆炸 |
[00:09] | We won’t let that happen. | 我们不会允许这种事发生的 |
[00:10] | I’m no doctor, but it seems a little weird | 我不是医生 但我觉得你这样 |
[00:12] | that you try to kill me to see if I’m gonna die. | 试图通过谋杀我来看我会不会死的方式有点奇怪 |
[00:16] | I promise you’re safe. | 我保证你很安全 |
[00:17] | This is standard protocol. | 这是标准程序 |
[00:18] | Yeah, well, at one point, so were leeches. | 从某种方面来说 水蛭也是 |
[00:21] | That’s true. | 没错 |
[00:22] | There was a time where if I came in here with a headache, | 我有一次头疼来这里 |
[00:23] | you’d give me a spoonful of heroin. | 你们给了我一整勺海洛因 |
[00:25] | Those were the days, huh? | 以前的好日子啊 |
[00:29] | Whenever you’re ready. | 你准备好就开始 |
[00:31] | Just saying you don’t need to know if I can do this because | 我只是想说你不用因为我永远不会这么跑步 |
[00:33] | I’m never gonna do this. The last time I ran | 而需要知道我能不能跑 我上一次跑步 |
[00:36] | was to catch a flight in 2004. | 是在2004年要赶飞机的时候 |
[00:38] | Turns out they changed the gate. | 他们换了登机口 |
[00:41] | You know what, if you want to hear the rest | 如果你想听完这个 |
[00:42] | of this story, you got to slow this thing down. | 故事的后半部分 你得让这玩意慢点 |
[00:49] | It seems like they stress you out on purpose so you’ll fail | 他们好像会故意给你压力 让你失败 |
[00:52] | and they can put you on expensive drugs. | 这样就能给你开特别贵的药 |
[00:54] | Don’t be ridiculous! | 别傻了 |
[00:59] | When were you going to tell me | 你打算什么时候告诉我 |
[01:00] | about the results of your blood work? | 你的血液测试的结果 |
[01:02] | You opened my medical records on your phone– isn’t that illegal? | 你在你的手机上打开了我的医疗记录 这合法吗 |
[01:05] | Only if she shows them to someone else. | 如果她给别人看就不合法了 |
[01:09] | Oh, my! | 天啊 |
[01:10] | The doctor said I’m doing great– I’m down 30 pounds, | 医生说我做得很好 我减了30磅 |
[01:13] | – my blood pressure’s good. – Your cholesterol is too high. | -我的血压正常 -你的胆固醇太高了 |
[01:16] | It’s borderline high. | 是有点高 |
[01:17] | It’s a big difference. | 这区别很大 |
[01:20] | You have a lot more work to do. | 你需要做很多工作 |
[01:21] | Well, not everything’s gonna be perfect– I’m like a used car. | 不是事事都能完美 我就像一辆二手车 |
[01:24] | Been through some valve replacements, | 换了几个阀门 |
[01:26] | had an aftermarket stent put in. | 装了一个售后支架 |
[01:28] | You overheat easily. | 你加热过快 |
[01:29] | Plenty of room in the back. | 后座容量太大 |
[01:32] | The point is, I’m still running. | 关键是 我还能跑啊 |
[01:34] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[01:35] | And still running is good enough. | 能跑就够好了 |
[01:37] | I think so. | 我觉得是啊 |
[01:41] | But I am wrong. | 但我错了 |
[02:06] | Thank you all for coming. | 谢谢大家的到来 |
[02:08] | Believe it or not, I was gonna be here anyway. | 虽然你可能不信 但我是肯定会到的 |
[02:10] | Abishola thought we should talk, | 艾比希拉觉得我们得一起聊聊 |
[02:11] | because there’s some things I’m gonna need your help with. | 因为我需要你们的帮忙 |
[02:13] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[02:16] | Bob had a doctor’s appointment… | 鲍勃约了医生… |
[02:18] | Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. | 不不不不不不 |
[02:19] | – Christina, I’m fine. – Oh, thank God. | -克里斯汀娜 我没事 -谢天谢地 |
[02:22] | – You are not fine. – Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. | -你有事 -不不不不不 |
[02:24] | Before we get all worked up, | 在我们说清楚之前 |
[02:27] | what religion was this doctor? | 这个医生信什么的 |
[02:29] | – Mom. – What? | -妈妈 -干什么 |
[02:30] | In this case, being Jewish is a plus. | 这种情况下如果是犹太人可加分呢 |
[02:33] | Bob’s annual checkup showed some things that can improve. | 鲍勃的年体检显示他的身体素质多方面都有改进空间 |
[02:36] | Things we can all help with. | 我们可以帮助他改进 |
[02:38] | Either that’s a long walk from the fridge | 要不是从这里到冰箱实在太远 |
[02:40] | or I’m real thirsty. | 就是我真的渴坏了 |
[02:42] | I’m gonna get a refill. | 我要再来点 |
[02:44] | Anybody? No? | 有人也要吗 没有吗 |
[02:47] | Douglas… | 道格拉斯 |
[02:47] | you can help us by having less alcohol in the house. | 你可以从让这座房子里的酒精饮料少点开始 |
[02:50] | Hey, I’m drinking ’em as fast as I can. | 我正在尽快消灭它们呢 |
[02:53] | Also there’s far too much junk food. | 以及这里有太多垃圾食品了 |
[02:55] | On it. | 马上开吃 |
[02:57] | I get it, Bob. | 我明白 鲍勃 |
[02:58] | I know what it’s like to have food issues | 我知道当你对于食物出现问题的时候的 |
[02:59] | and not feel supported. | 没有人支持你的感受 |
[03:01] | Hey, when you’re skinny, I’m very supportive. | 你瘦的时候 我可支持你了 |
[03:05] | It is important for Bob to manage his stress. | 对鲍勃来说最重要的是控制压力 |
[03:08] | And with the chaos of his homelife… | 但是他混乱的家庭生活… |
[03:09] | – Chaos? – Chaos. | -混乱 -混乱 |
[03:12] | Between that and running the company, | 再加上运营公司 |
[03:14] | Bob is dealing with a lot. | 鲍勃实在太忙了 |
[03:15] | Well, if he needs a break, I’d be happy to step up. | 如果他需要休息 我很乐意接手 |
[03:19] | And by “Step up,” | “接手” |
[03:20] | do you mean “Do actual work”? | 是指”真的干点活”吗 |
[03:22] | And what is it you do? | 那你又做了什么 |
[03:23] | I’m on the floor with the guys | 我和其他人在最底层 |
[03:25] | making this company run. | 让这个公司正常运作 |
[03:27] | Mom put you there | 是妈妈把你安排在那里 |
[03:27] | on a time-out, and suddenly you’re Joe Six-Pack? | 暂时体验的 你就突然变成一个正常人了吗 |
[03:31] | Or should I say 12-pack? | 或者说喝一打的正常人 |
[03:33] | This isn’t about me! | 这和我无关 |
[03:35] | Sweetie, it’s a chance for him to get another perspective. | 亲爱的 这是让他拓宽视野的机会 |
[03:39] | Like when you go to crazy camp. | 就像你去那个疯狂露营 |
[03:41] | Don’t call it that! | 别这么形容 |
[03:42] | Well, make up your mind, you won’t let me call it | 随便你选 你也不让我说那是 |
[03:44] | Camp Bananas. | 香蕉露营 |
[03:47] | What’s wrong with you two? | 你们俩到底怎么回事 |
[03:49] | You’re breaking all the chips, Christina! | 你把薯片都弄碎了 克里斯汀娜 |
[03:51] | You were right, that helped a lot. | 你说得对 很有帮助 |
[03:53] | I’m shocked they’re not dead already. | 我真惊讶他们到现在还没死 |
[03:59] | Thank you for driving me home. | 谢谢你开车送我回家 |
[04:00] | Are you kidding? I would’ve driven to Anchorage, Alaska | 开什么玩笑 为了躲避我的家人 我甚至愿意 |
[04:02] | to get away from my family. | 开车去阿拉斯加的安克雷奇 |
[04:05] | What if we called in sick to work tomorrow? | 我们明天请病假怎么样 |
[04:08] | But I’m not sick. | 但我没有生病 |
[04:09] | We’d be playing hooky. | 我们可以假装逃课 |
[04:10] | “Hooky”? | 逃课 |
[04:11] | It’s an American game– you’ll love it. | 这是一种美式游戏 你会喜欢的 |
[04:14] | Come on, you want me to reduce my stress, | 来吧 你让我减轻压力 |
[04:15] | and I can think of no better way of doing that | 我想不出比跟我爱的女人 |
[04:18] | than spending a stolen day with the woman I love. | 一起偷闲一天更合适的办法了 |
[04:20] | That is very poetic. | 很有诗意 |
[04:21] | Well, that’s the side of me you don’t know. | 这是我身上你不知道的一面了 |
[04:23] | The poet. | 诗人 |
[04:30] | Oh, thank goodness you are here! | 谢天谢地你来了 |
[04:31] | Tunde lost the remote in the couch. | 通德把遥控板弄到沙发里了 |
[04:33] | Spit it out. Spit it out! | 吐出来 吐出来 |
[04:37] | Pick me up at 8:00. | 八点来接我 |
[04:39] | The channel changed– I am close. | 换台了 马上就弄出来了 |
[04:41] | I’ll be here at 7:00. | 我七点就来 |
[04:59] | Hello, Ms. Wheeler. | 你好 惠勒小姐 |
[05:00] | Goodwin, Kofo, do you mind if I | 古德温 科福 我能不能来 |
[05:02] | chill down here with you guys? | 下面和你们一起转转 |
[05:05] | Watch you work, grok your process? | 看看你们工作 搞你们的流程 |
[05:08] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:09] | “Grok”? | 搞 |
[05:11] | Kofo? | 科福 |
[05:12] | How long has it been since anyone from up | 已经多久没有一个从上面下来 |
[05:15] | there has said to you from an asset-based lens, | 带着资本眼镜的人对你说 |
[05:19] | “Hey, Kofo, I value you”? | “科福 我很珍视你” |
[05:22] | Never. | 从来没有 |
[05:24] | And you, Goodwin? | 你呢 古德温 |
[05:25] | Has anyone here celebrated your strengths? | 有人会为你的力量欢呼 |
[05:28] | And said, “If you weren’t here today, | 并说”要是今天没有你 |
[05:30] | this box wouldn’t get packed”? | 这些箱子都不会打包好” |
[05:32] | Kofo would just do it. | 科福会这么做 |
[05:34] | Yes, I would just do it. | 是的 我会这么做 |
[05:36] | Of course you would, | 你当然会了 |
[05:37] | because you are our heartbeat. | 因为你就是我们的心跳 |
[05:40] | And management has tried | 管理层想要 |
[05:42] | to cut off MaxDot’s heart from its brain. | 将麦克斯多特的心脏和大脑分离 |
[05:45] | Not that you two don’t have brains– | 我的意思不是你们没有大脑 |
[05:48] | I apologize for implying that. | 我为我的暗示道歉 |
[05:50] | I own it. | 我该做的 |
[05:52] | I shower in my shame. | 我沐浴在羞愧中 |
[05:55] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[05:55] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[05:57] | Douglas. | 道格拉斯 |
[05:59] | Now that you’re here | 现在你在这里 |
[06:00] | on the floor as a worker, | 最底层当工人 |
[06:02] | what can I do as your boss to make your life better? | 我作为你的老大 要怎么让你过得更好呢 |
[06:05] | My boss? | 我的老大 |
[06:07] | I loathe that title, but I find “Superior” | 我讨厌这个名头 但我觉得”上级” |
[06:10] | a little condescending. | 有点屈尊了 |
[06:12] | You’re not my boss or my superior. | 你不是我的老大 也不是我的上级 |
[06:16] | Yes, I am. | 我是 |
[06:17] | To both. | 两个都是 |
[06:19] | Okay, technically. | 好吧 严格上来说吧 |
[06:21] | No, not technically. | 不 不是严格上 |
[06:24] | For reals. | 真正的 |
[06:26] | I am your boss. | 我是你的老大 |
[06:29] | I mean, just look at what you’re wearing. | 看看你穿的 |
[06:32] | Vest, vest, | 背心 背心 |
[06:35] | vest. | 背心 |
[06:36] | Turtleneck. | 高领 |
[06:38] | Like a boss. | 像老大 |
[06:42] | Like a fart face. | 像放屁脸 |
[06:46] | Don’t call me that. | 别管我叫这个 |
[06:47] | Call you what? | 叫什么 |
[06:49] | Fart face? | 放屁脸吗 |
[06:51] | I am so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[06:54] | Okay, I’m gonna distance myself from this energy. | 我要远离这股能量 |
[06:57] | Goodwin, Kofo, my door is always open to you. | 古德温 科福 我的门永远为你们敞开 |
[07:01] | Douglas… get back to work! | 道格拉斯 回去干活 |
[07:14] | Just so you know, | 我要先说一下 |
[07:16] | I’m not gonna be up for much today. | 我今天心情可能会不大好 |
[07:17] | My friend Agnes died, and I’m taking it pretty hard. | 我的朋友艾格尼丝死了 我非常难过 |
[07:20] | Oh, sorry to hear that. | 我很遗憾 |
[07:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:23] | I also heard you’d make up any excuse to get out | 我还听说你会用这个借口 |
[07:25] | of doing your exercises. | 躲你的恢复训练 |
[07:28] | Fine, you got me. | 好吧 被你抓到了 |
[07:29] | Agnes did die, but nobody cares. | 艾格尼丝的确死了 但没人在乎 |
[07:32] | Hey, you want to give up, give up. | 你想要放弃就放弃吧 |
[07:35] | I don’t want to give up. | 我不想放弃 |
[07:36] | I want to complain until you give up. | 我想抱怨到你放弃 |
[07:39] | Honey, it’s your life. | 亲爱的 这是你的人生 |
[07:40] | You want to spend it on wheels, be my guest. | 你想在轮椅上生活 随便 |
[07:43] | Enjoy the good parking. | 享受你的残疾人车位 |
[07:47] | I know what you’re doing. | 我知道你在干什么了 |
[07:49] | Mind games. | 心理战术 |
[07:50] | To make me prove you wrong. | 让我证明你错了 |
[07:52] | Maybe. | 或许吧 |
[07:54] | Maybe I just don’t care. | 或许我知道不在乎 |
[07:57] | You’re good. | 你很厉害 |
[08:01] | Okay, put this blindfold on. | 把这个眼罩戴上 |
[08:03] | No. | 不要 |
[08:05] | Come on, it’ll be fun. | 来嘛 会很有趣的 |
[08:06] | What is fun about being blindfolded | 这有什么有趣的 戴着眼罩 |
[08:08] | and driven to an undisclosed location? | 被开车载去一个不知名的地方 |
[08:10] | Would you like me to get in the trunk, too? | 你是不是还想让我去后备箱待着 |
[08:13] | We’re lowering the stress today, remember? | 我们今天是来减压的 记得吗 |
[08:16] | Can you just tell me where we’re going? | 你能直接说我们要去哪吗 |
[08:18] | I don’t care for surprises. | 我不喜欢惊喜 |
[08:20] | Noted. | 知道了 |
[08:23] | Well, to start, I booked us a couples massage | 首先 我在一个高级的水浴中心 |
[08:25] | at a fancy-schmancy spa. | 给咱俩订了按摩 |
[08:27] | So we’re going to pay a lot of money | 所以我们要付好多钱 |
[08:29] | to take off our clothes and be touched by strangers? | 脱掉衣服 让陌生人摸我们吗 |
[08:33] | Well, it’s supposed to be romantic. | 应该是很浪漫的 |
[08:34] | For who, us or the touchers? | 对谁浪漫 我们还是摸我们的人 |
[08:38] | Okay, so we won’t get a massage. | 好吧 那我们不去按摩了 |
[08:40] | Good, aren’t you glad you told me where we were going now? | 很好 现在你是不是庆幸告诉了我目的地 |
[08:42] | Oh, very. | 非常庆幸了 |
[08:44] | So what else you have planned? | 你还有什么计划 |
[08:46] | Now I’m afraid to tell you. | 现在我不敢告诉你了 |
[08:48] | Come on, I’m excited to spend a day with you. | 说嘛 我很兴奋你与你共度一天 |
[08:51] | Okay, well, I thought we’d go down to the riverfront, | 好吧 我想着可以去河边 |
[08:53] | get one of those pedicabs to drive us around | 找辆三轮车载我们兜兜风 |
[08:55] | and see the sights. | 看看景色 |
[09:00] | You don’t want to do it? | 你不想去吗 |
[09:01] | I want to want to do it. | 我想让自己想去 |
[09:03] | But I don’t want to. | 但我不想 |
[09:05] | Well, fine, let’s just go back to your place, | 那行吧 我们直接回你家 |
[09:07] | and we’ll stare at the wall and balance our checkbooks. | 盯着墙面 算我们的支出好了 |
[09:09] | That’ll be a hoot. | 那肯定无敌好玩 |
[09:11] | Or we could go to the laundromat. | 或者我们可以去洗衣房 |
[09:12] | – Yeah. – There’s this one on Jefferson | -对 -杰弗逊街上有个店 |
[09:14] | that has the big industrial machines. | 他们有超大的工业用洗衣机 |
[09:16] | And it can wash four comforters at once. | 能一回洗四床被子呢 |
[09:20] | My God, you’re serious. | 天呐 你是认真的 |
[09:22] | What is more fun than checking things off your to-do list? | 还有什么比做完待办事项更有趣呢 |
[09:26] | You know what, I changed my mind. | 知道吗 我改主意了 |
[09:27] | Get in the trunk. | 去后备箱待着吧 |
[09:36] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[09:38] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[09:39] | That’s right– work hard, play hard. | 没错 工作努力 玩得爽快 |
[09:42] | Did I work hard enough for a bourbon chaser? | 我的努力能获得一小杯波旁酒了吗 |
[09:46] | No. | 不行 |
[09:47] | All right, something to shoot for. | 好吧 这是我之后的目标 |
[09:52] | Nobody makes a coney like Dave’s. | 戴夫餐馆家的科尼岛热狗天下第一 |
[09:54] | That place is always packed | 那地方总是挤满了人 |
[09:56] | even though the health department | 就算健康部门每年 |
[09:57] | shuts them down twice a year. | 关闭那地方两次也阻挡不了 |
[09:59] | So good, even the rats wait in line. | 太好吃了 连老鼠都要排队 |
[10:03] | You know, on weekends, | 以前周末的时候 |
[10:04] | after my dad closed his car dealership, | 在我爸的车行关门后 |
[10:07] | we’d go down to Dave’s, pick up a couple of these babies. | 我们会去戴夫餐馆 买两个热狗 |
[10:10] | I had acid reflux by the time I was eight. | 导致我八岁时就胃酸倒流 |
[10:14] | Where’d you grow up? | 你在哪长大的 |
[10:15] | We were down on Wisconsin Street, Northwest. | 以前住在西北的威斯康星街 |
[10:18] | Until middle school. Then we moved to Oakland County. | 直到中学 后来我们搬去了奥克兰县 |
[10:20] | Northwest? I went to Mumford. | 西北吗 我上了芒福德中学 |
[10:23] | Shut up! | 不是吧 |
[10:25] | I would have gone to Mumford if we hadn’t left. | 如果我们没搬走 我也会上芒福德 |
[10:28] | White flight? | 白人逃离热潮吗 |
[10:28] | No, we were just looking for a change of scenery. | 不 我们只是想换个景色 |
[10:31] | ‘Cause Black folks were moving in. | 因为黑人搬进来了 |
[10:33] | ‘Cause the housing prices dropped. | 因为房价下跌了 |
[10:35] | ‘Cause Black folks were moving in. | 因为黑人搬进来了 |
[10:38] | No, because… | 不 是因为 |
[10:41] | Damn it. | 妈的 |
[10:43] | Tell me about it. | 可不是嘛 |
[10:46] | You wanted to see me? | 你想见我 |
[10:48] | There you are. | 你来了 |
[10:49] | Cobb salad, no cheese, extra croutons, | 科布沙拉 不要奶酪 多加干面包碎 |
[10:51] | green goddess dressing on the side. | 绿女神沙拉酱放边上 |
[10:53] | I’m sorry, what’s happening? | 不好意思 什么情况 |
[10:55] | That’s my lunch order. | 那是我的午餐点单 |
[10:58] | Okay, and I’ll have a Reuben. | 好啊 那我要一个鲁本三明治 |
[11:00] | And onion rings. | 还有洋葱圈 |
[11:02] | No, I’m giving you my order for you to pick up. | 不 我是告诉你我午餐要吃什么 然后你去买 |
[11:06] | Cobb salad, no cheese, extra croutons, | 科布沙拉 不要奶酪 多加干面包碎 |
[11:10] | green goddess dressing on the side. | 绿女神沙拉酱放边上 |
[11:13] | Okay, well, that’s not my job. | 好吧 那不是我的工作 |
[11:16] | Oh, it is now. | 现在是了 |
[11:18] | I’m sorry if you don’t like that, | 很抱歉如果你不喜欢 |
[11:19] | but there’s a hierarchy here. | 但公司有等级制度 |
[11:23] | I think instead, | 我觉得这样吧 |
[11:24] | I’m gonna go get hierarchy in the parking lot. | 让等级制度去停车场凉快吧 |
[11:26] | Douglas, | 道格拉斯 |
[11:28] | you need to get used to this new dynamic. | 你得习惯这种新的动态 |
[11:32] | Executive. | 总裁 |
[11:34] | Floor person. | 底层人 |
[11:35] | Lunch orderer. Lunch getter-er. | 点午餐的 买午餐的 |
[11:39] | Normal. Crazy. | 正常 疯子 |
[11:43] | I will have | 我要 |
[11:46] | a Cobb salad, | 一份科布沙拉 |
[11:48] | no cheese, extra croutons… | 不要奶酪 多加干面包碎 |
[11:50] | Christina, I’m not getting… | 克里斯汀娜 我不会去… |
[11:51] | …and green goddess dressing on the side! | 还要绿女神沙拉酱放边上 |
[11:55] | What are you gonna do if I don’t get it? | 要是我不去 你能怎样 |
[11:57] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[11:59] | Nothing! | 不怎样 |
[12:02] | All right. I tried being nice. | 好了 我当够好人了 |
[12:05] | You need to clear out | 你的收拾好 |
[12:06] | your old office. | 你以前的办公室 |
[12:07] | It’s gonna be the new employee lounge. | 那将成为新的员工休息室 |
[12:10] | – What? – That’s right! | -什么 -没错 |
[12:12] | I’m going full boss bitch! | 我要变成贱人老大 |
[12:16] | Well, I agree with half of that. | 我只同意前半部分 |
[12:19] | All right. | 好了 |
[12:20] | We’re done here. | 说够了 |
[12:21] | And you have a lunch to pick up. | 你在午餐前给我收拾好 |
[12:23] | And you have a desk to organize. | 而你要好好收拾桌子了 |
[12:25] | What? | 什么 |
[12:36] | Okay. | 好 |
[12:37] | You want to play that way? | 你想这么玩 |
[12:39] | Let’s play. | 那就来吧 |
[12:41] | Hey, everybody. | 大家伙 |
[12:43] | Just a quick announcement. | 一则小消息 |
[12:44] | Douglas wet the bed until he was 11. | 道格拉斯11岁还尿床 |
[12:48] | Hey, another announcement. | 又一则小消息 |
[12:50] | Mom paid our cousin to take Christina to prom! | 妈妈雇我们的表兄待克里斯汀娜去舞会的 |
[12:53] | He wanted to take me! | 是他想带我去 |
[12:55] | No, he didn’t, fart face! | 不 他不想 放屁脸 |
[13:13] | Well, this is nice, huh? | 这很棒吧 |
[13:16] | Sorry the blanket’s not super comfortable. | 很抱歉 垫子不是很舒服 |
[13:18] | It’s all I had in the car. | 车里只有这个了 |
[13:20] | It works fine. | 很不错 |
[13:21] | Also, it will be useful if we catch on fire. | 而且 如果我们着火了 这还很有用 |
[13:24] | I forgot how much picnics involve sitting on the ground | 我都忘了野餐是需要坐在地上 |
[13:27] | and eating on the ground | 吃在地上 |
[13:29] | and eventually trying to get up off the ground. | 还要从地上起来的 |
[13:33] | If you are not enjoying yourself, then why are we here? | 如果你玩得不开心 那我们为什么要来 |
[13:35] | Well, I wanted to do something nice with you, | 我想和你一起做一些好玩的事 |
[13:37] | like eat cold cuts in a public park. | 比如在公园里一起吃冷盘 |
[13:40] | It’s my fault. | 这都是我的错 |
[13:41] | I should have just let the strangers rub us | 我应该采纳你的建议 被那些陌生人 |
[13:43] | like you suggested. | 宰猪了得了 |
[13:45] | No, you’re right. It’s weird. | 不 你说得对 那的确很奇怪 |
[13:48] | We have to find some way to reduce your stress. | 我们得想办法减轻你的压力 |
[13:50] | Don’t worry, we will. | 别担心 会找到的 |
[13:52] | I do worry. | 我担心 |
[13:54] | I don’t want to lose you. | 我不想失去你 |
[13:57] | Come here. | 过来 |
[13:59] | Seriously, you got to come here. I can’t move. | 说真的 你得靠过来 我动不了 |
[14:00] | My legs are asleep. | 我的腿麻了 |
[14:04] | See? Already better. | 看 已经好多了 |
[14:06] | You’re like my little stress ball. | 你就像我的专属压力球 |
[14:08] | Why are we so bad at this? | 我们为什么这么不擅长这种事 |
[14:10] | Yeah, what would you rather be? | 那你更希望怎么样呢 |
[14:12] | Bad at relaxing or bad at working? | 不擅长放松还是不擅长工作 |
[14:15] | Like those idiots playing Frisbee. | 就像这些玩飞盘的蠢蛋 |
[14:18] | It’s the middle of the day. | 大白天的 |
[14:19] | Don’t they have responsibilities? | 他们没有责任心的吗 |
[14:21] | Nice snag, soul patch! | 扔得好啊 灵魂投手 |
[14:23] | – Get a job! – Bob. | -找个班上吧 -鲍勃 |
[14:25] | What? It’s fun. You want to try? | 怎么了 很好玩的 你想试试吗 |
[14:27] | I am not going to yell at a stranger. | 我不会冲陌生人吼的 |
[14:29] | Come on. For me. | 来嘛 为了我 |
[14:33] | Your parents should cut you off from financial support | 你的父母应该像你用那愚蠢的纹身 |
[14:35] | the way you have cut off your career options | 切断你的职业生涯一样 |
[14:37] | by having that stupid tattoo. | 切断对你的经济资助 |
[14:41] | It’s a little long, but pretty good. | 有点长 但是很不错 |
[14:47] | All right, all right. | 好 好 |
[14:50] | What was on the corner of Riverside and Jefferson | 里弗赛德和杰弗森路交叉口的酒水店 |
[14:52] | before it became a liquor store? | 前身是什么 |
[14:54] | Fat Tony’s. | 胖托尼家 |
[14:57] | Huh. What was it before that? | 那再之前呢 |
[14:59] | Tony’s. | 托尼家 |
[15:01] | Okay, you did get out of the suburbs. | 没错 你确实从郊区出来的 |
[15:04] | Here’s the real test. | 真正的测验 |
[15:06] | Ever go to Cobo Hall? | 你去过科博礼堂吗 |
[15:08] | You kidding me? I saw Aretha Franklin there. | 开什么玩笑 我在那里看过艾瑞莎·弗兰克林 |
[15:10] | You saw that show? | 你去看了那场表演 |
[15:12] | Dang, I tried to get tickets. | 该死 我也想买票 |
[15:14] | – Couldn’t afford them. – Yeah, tell me about it. | -买不起 -可不是 |
[15:16] | Luckily, my dad got some free ones | 幸运的是我爸爸乡村俱乐部的朋友 |
[15:18] | from his friend at the country club. | 给了他几张免费的票 |
[15:20] | That is lucky. | 的确很幸运 |
[15:22] | Yeah. I used to go to all the spots. | 我以前会到处跑 |
[15:25] | I’d sneak a car from Dad’s dealership, | 我会溜进我爸爸经销商的车里 |
[15:28] | and I’d drive down to the Keyboard Lounge. | 然后开到键盘大厅 |
[15:30] | – What? – The Grande Ballroom. | -什么 -大宴会厅 |
[15:32] | The Hideout. | 海德奥特酒店 |
[15:34] | – The alley behind the Hideout. – Ooh! Girl, | -海德奥特酒店后面的小巷 -姑娘 |
[15:37] | – you got around. – I did. | -你到处跑 -没错 |
[15:39] | You never did stuff like that? | 你没做过这种事吗 |
[15:42] | You mean steal a car | 你说偷辆车 |
[15:43] | and drive to parts of town where nobody looked like me? | 开到镇上一个所有人都和我不一样的地方 |
[15:46] | No. | 没有 |
[15:47] | Well, maybe my experience was different than yours, | 也许我们经历略有不同 |
[15:49] | but I love my city, | 但我爱我的城市 |
[15:51] | and I’m not gonna apologize for it. | 我也不会为此感到抱歉 |
[15:53] | just ’cause things are messed up don’t mean I don’t love Detroit. | 生活一团糟也不意味着我不爱底特律 |
[15:59] | You think people will ever go downtown again? | 你觉得人们还会再去市中心吗 |
[16:03] | Eventually. | 最终会的 |
[16:05] | You know what they need? | 知道他们需要什么吗 |
[16:06] | Affordable housing. | 能负担得起的住房 |
[16:08] | Gay people. | 同性恋 |
[16:10] | They really know how to transform a neighborhood. | 他们真的懂得如何改变一个社区 |
[16:13] | – Well, that’s a stereotype. – Oh, I’m sorry. | -那都是些陈词滥调了 -抱歉 |
[16:17] | I’m just kidding. I don’t care. | 开玩笑的 我才不介意 |
[16:22] | This employee lounge is going to be wonderful. | 这个员工休息室多好 |
[16:24] | It is going to be the end of us. | 我们的好日子要到头了 |
[16:26] | It’s a gateway to complacency and unionization. | 这里是通往自满和工会的大门 |
[16:30] | It will be fun, like casual Friday. | 多有趣 就像休闲星期五一样 |
[16:32] | What was fun about that? | 哪里有趣了 |
[16:34] | When I saw Mr. Wheeler without a suit, | 当我看到惠勒先生没穿西装时 |
[16:35] | I lost all respect for him. | 我对他的尊敬不复存在了 |
[16:40] | – Oh, my. – What is it, cousin? | -天呐 -什么东西 表哥 |
[16:42] | Did you find more pornography? | 又是什么色情物品吗 |
[16:45] | It is one of Douglas’s pay stubs. | 一张道格拉斯的工资单 |
[16:47] | You shouldn’t be looking at that. | 你不应该私自看的 |
[16:49] | Oh, my! | 我的天呐 |
[16:51] | How’s it going, lounge lizards? | 如何 懒洋洋的蜥蜴们 |
[16:53] | Wait, is that offensive? | 等等 有何冒犯之处吗 |
[16:55] | How is that offensive? | 为什么会有冒犯之处 |
[16:56] | I always picture little Mexican lizards | 我总是想象墨西哥小蜥蜴们 |
[16:58] | taking a siesta on a rock. | 在岩石上午睡的情景 |
[17:01] | Then yes, it is offensive. | 那是挺无礼的 |
[17:04] | Thank you. | 受教了 |
[17:05] | Listening. Learning. | 倾听 学习 |
[17:09] | Ms. Wheeler, do you also get paid this much? | 维勒女士 你的工资也这么高吗 |
[17:11] | I’m sorry, what now? | 抱歉 你说什么 |
[17:14] | This one says “Q2 bonus.” | 这上面写着”二季度奖金” |
[17:17] | That would imply there is one every “Q.” | 意思是每个季度都发 |
[17:20] | Well, this is a family business, | 这是家族生意 |
[17:23] | as you know, and with that comes certain… | 你懂的 随之而来的就是… |
[17:28] | There are dozens more in here! | 这还有几十张呢 |
[17:30] | Stop looking at them! | 不要再看了 |
[17:39] | My Spanish is a little rusty, | 我的西班牙语有点生疏了 |
[17:40] | but I think that Tía Maria’s up to no good. | 但依我看这个玛利亚阿姨没安好心 |
[17:45] | It washes all the comforters at once. | 一次的容量能洗完所有被子 |
[17:47] | I even got the curtains from the living room | 就为这我还 |
[17:49] | and a coat just because. | 拿来了客厅的窗帘和外套 |
[17:52] | And I was gonna take you to a spa. What an idiot. | 本想带你去做水疗 多傻的主意 |
[17:55] | Yes, that was very stupid. | 是啊 太傻了 |
[17:57] | Do you mind if I study? | 介意我学习会吗 |
[17:59] | Not at all. You mind if I make a few work calls? | 不介意 介意我打几个工作电话吗 |
[18:02] | Stop flirting with me. We’re in public. | 别跟我调情 这里是公共场合 |
[18:05] | This is great. | 感觉好极了 |
[18:06] | – We should do it again. You busy Thursday? – Very. | -我们再来一次 周四忙吗 -特别忙 |
[18:09] | – Me, too. – It’s a date. | -我也是 -忙着约会 |
[18:22] | I’m yelling at him. | 我在对他大喊大叫 |
[18:23] | I can tell. | 听得出来 |
[18:32] | Attention, brothers and sisters of the warehouse. | 注意 各位仓库的兄弟姐妹 |
[18:36] | I just wanted to remind everybody | 我只是想提醒大家 |
[18:39] | that whether you work in the office | 无论你在楼上办公室工作 |
[18:42] | or down on the floor, | 还是在楼下仓库工作 |
[18:43] | we’re all family. | 我们都是一家人 |
[18:45] | We really are. | 我们真的是 |
[18:48] | But also | 但是 |
[18:49] | that you need some people | 你们也需要一些 |
[18:50] | at the top of the family tree | 位于家族树谱顶端的人 |
[18:53] | who maybe get a little more… | 也许相较其余枝干 |
[18:57] | sunlight than the other branches. | 他们得到的阳光更多一点 |
[19:00] | That is how trees work. | 这是树木生长的原理 |
[19:02] | But then we spread that sunlight down | 但我们也会把阳光 |
[19:05] | to the lower branches | 分享给下层的树枝 |
[19:07] | by buying you things. | 通过给你们买东西给的方式 |
[19:09] | What kind of things, Christina? | 买什么东西 克里斯蒂娜 |
[19:11] | Like the coffee truck that’s parked right outside. | 就像那辆停在外面的咖啡车 |
[19:14] | Free coffee? Awesome! | 免费的咖啡吗 太棒了 |
[19:17] | Well, maybe instead of free coffee, | 也许我们可以讨论一下 |
[19:19] | we could discuss how the Wheeler family bonus structure | 惠勒家族的奖金结构如何调整才能惠及所有员工 |
[19:22] | could be shared amongst all the employees. | 而不是讨论免费咖啡 |
[19:24] | We could, but the coffee truck’s only here for 45 minutes. | 可以啊 但咖啡车只停留45分钟 |
[19:32] | Okay! This has been a great talk. | 好的 真是个不错的演讲 |
[19:36] | Enjoy that coffee truck. | 尽情享用咖啡吧 |
[19:42] | – Good job. – Thanks. | -干得不错 -谢谢 |
[19:44] | You want to get a coffee? | 你想喝杯咖啡吗 |
[19:45] | Yeah, but that truck’s gross. | 行 但咖啡车太破了 |
[19:46] | Let’s go to the place around the corner. | 我们去拐角处的那家吧 |