时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Excuse me. | 借过一下 |
[00:05] | Just gonna… get the bread there. | 我只是 拿一下面包 |
[00:12] | Show him. | 给他看看 |
[00:16] | Baked by your sister | 你妹妹烘焙的 |
[00:17] | and left on Kofo’s scooter. | 放到了科福摩托车上 |
[00:19] | Did you tell her you’re not interested? | 你跟她说你不感兴趣了吗 |
[00:21] | I did not. | 我没说 |
[00:22] | You said you said rara. | 你说过你拒绝了 |
[00:23] | Did you not say rara? | 你没拒绝吗 |
[00:25] | Honestly, rara. | 说实话吗 没有 |
[00:27] | I met someone new. | 我认识了一位新朋友 |
[00:28] | His name is Randy, | 他名叫兰迪 |
[00:30] | and you guys are going to love him. | 你们会喜欢他的 |
[00:32] | This is Douglas Wheeler. Who’s this? | 我是道格拉斯·维勒 你是谁 |
[00:34] | Randy. | 兰迪 |
[00:37] | No, I do not know Kofo, | 不 我不认识科福 |
[00:38] | and I do not know why he’s there. | 我也不知道他为什么在那里 |
[00:43] | Bob. | 鲍勃 |
[00:45] | Will you marry me? | 你愿意娶我吗 |
[00:46] | Yes. | 愿意 |
[00:51] | Chamomile with honey. | 甘菊茶加蜂蜜 |
[00:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[00:54] | How come you’re not wearing your engagement ring? | 你怎么没戴订婚戒指 |
[00:56] | Please tell me you’re not holding out for a better deal. | 别告诉我你还在骑驴找马 |
[00:59] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[01:01] | Eh, the ring tells guys that you’re taken. | 戒指代表你已经名花有主了 |
[01:03] | You know, keeps them from sniffing around. | 免得其他男人嗅来嗅去 |
[01:05] | That’s disgusting. | 真恶心 |
[01:06] | Nobody sniffs around me. | 没人在我身边嗅来嗅去 |
[01:09] | I do not wear the ring to work | 我不戴戒指来上班 |
[01:10] | because I cannot fit a surgical glove over a large diamond. | 是因为戴着那么大的钻戒戴不进医疗手套 |
[01:13] | Yeah, that makes sense. | 有道理 |
[01:15] | And I’m glad you think it’s large. | 我很高兴你认为钻戒很大 |
[01:17] | And what do you wear so women don’t sniff you? | 那你要戴什么 才能让女人不来对你嗅来嗅去 |
[01:21] | I don’t have to wear anything. | 我什么都不用戴 |
[01:22] | This ratty mustache keeps ’em away. | 这小胡子就让她们自动远离了 |
[01:25] | So, uh, I’m thinking we could, uh, go out for dinner | 我在想 今晚我们能去吃个晚饭 |
[01:28] | and celebrate our engagement. | 庆祝一下订婚 |
[01:29] | Oh, that’s nice. But why don’t I just cook something? | 不错 但为何不我自己烹饪呢 |
[01:32] | Well, I guess you could, | 也可以 |
[01:34] | but wouldn’t you rather get all dolled up | 但你难道不想花枝招展 |
[01:35] | and go somewhere fancy? | 去个高级餐厅吗 |
[01:37] | – Dolled up? – Yeah. You know, | -花枝招展 -对 你懂的 |
[01:39] | wear something sexy. | 穿件性感的衣服 |
[01:40] | So you want men to sniff around me. | 所以你还是希望男人在我身边嗅来嗅去 |
[01:44] | I want them to want to. | 我想让他们有这想法 |
[01:45] | Then they’ll see the ring and be crushed. | 然后他们看到戒指 就崩溃了 |
[01:49] | You are a crazy person. | 你真是个疯子 |
[01:50] | And you are the whackjob that’s marrying me. | 而你是个要嫁给我的怪人 |
[02:00] | I said I wanted ice cream. | 我说我想吃冰淇淋 |
[02:02] | Yes, I’m sorry. | 对 抱歉 |
[02:03] | Mummy ate the last of your Chunky Monkey. | 我妈把你最后的胖猴子冰淇淋吃了 |
[02:06] | But my name was on it. | 但上面有我的名字 |
[02:07] | I brought grapes. | 我买了葡萄 |
[02:09] | They are very sweet. | 很甜 |
[02:10] | Try one. | 尝尝 |
[02:12] | My name was on it. | 上面有我的名字 |
[02:14] | Just try one. | 尝一个吧 |
[02:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:18] | Feed me. | 喂我 |
[02:26] | Not bad. | 不赖嘛 |
[02:27] | Grape. | 要葡萄 |
[02:31] | Kemi, I have to tell you something. | 凯米 我有话跟你说 |
[02:34] | You don’t have to thank me. | 你不用谢我 |
[02:36] | We are consenting adults. | 我们是你情我愿的成年人 |
[02:40] | Grape. | 要葡萄 |
[02:44] | This weekend is my mother’s 70th birthday. | 这周末是我妈妈70岁大寿 |
[02:47] | 70? Is that what she’s telling you? | 70岁 她是这么告诉你的吗 |
[02:50] | And it has been a lifelong dream of hers to go to Paris. | 去巴黎是她一生的梦想 |
[02:53] | Yes, and also mine. | 我也是 |
[02:55] | I know. But I have made plans to take Mummy. | 我知道 但我已经计划带妈妈去了 |
[02:59] | And not me? | 不带我吗 |
[03:00] | Not this time. | 这次不带 |
[03:04] | Grape? | 要葡萄吗 |
[03:06] | You are going to Paris without me? | 你要不带我去巴黎吗 |
[03:08] | I know I should have told you sooner, | 我知道我该早点告诉你 |
[03:09] | but I was afraid you might be angry. | 但我怕你会生气 |
[03:11] | So you made plans to take your mother behind my back. | 所以你背着我 计划带你妈妈去 |
[03:14] | I’m telling you now. | 我现在告诉你了呀 |
[03:16] | But you waited till after we had delicious sex. | 但你等到我们翻云覆雨后才告诉我 |
[03:19] | My timing is unfortunate. | 这时间确实掌握得不好 |
[03:22] | No, it’s fine. | 不 没关系 |
[03:24] | I’m happy for you. | 我为你高兴 |
[03:25] | I’m happy that you and your mummy will be strolling | 我很高兴你和你妈要信步在 |
[03:26] | down the Champs-Élysées while I am riding a bus in Detroit. | 香榭丽舍大道上 而我只能在底特律坐巴士 |
[03:30] | Grape! | 葡萄 |
[03:56] | I do not see why you are upset, though. | 但我不知道你为什么生气 |
[03:58] | I think it is very nice. | 我觉得这挺好的 |
[03:59] | Yeah. I hope my son takes me to Paris one day. | 就是 我希望我儿子以后也能带我去巴黎 |
[04:02] | Then you are as ridiculous as they are. | 那你们就跟他们一样荒唐 |
[04:04] | Paris is for lovers, | 巴黎是情侣之都 |
[04:06] | not mothers. | 而不是母亲之都 |
[04:09] | That’s true. | 那倒是 |
[04:10] | It’d be a nice place for a honeymoon. | 这是度蜜月的绝佳圣地 |
[04:12] | Does Bob speak French? | 鲍勃会说法语吗 |
[04:14] | He barely speaks English. | 他都不怎么说英语 |
[04:16] | Kemi, Chukwuemeka is doing a very nice thing for his mother. | 凯米 楚库埃梅卡和他妈妈相处得很好 |
[04:20] | Would you rather be with a man | 一个男人根本不在乎生他养他的母亲 |
[04:22] | who did not care about the woman who raised him? | 你会和这种人在一起吗 |
[04:24] | Yes! I thought I was very clear about that. | 会啊 我以为我说得很清楚了 |
[04:28] | Shame on you. | 为你感到羞愧 |
[04:29] | Yeah, I got to go with the Bride of Sock Man. | 是啊 我同意袜子男新娘的说法 |
[04:31] | Shame. | 羞愧 |
[04:33] | So neither of you are on my side? | 所以你们俩都不站在我这边吗 |
[04:35] | What, you want us to lie? | 怎么 你想让我们撒谎吗 |
[04:37] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[04:38] | You should go to Paris instead of his mom, | 你应该陪他去巴黎 而不是他妈妈 |
[04:40] | Chukwuemeka doesn’t deserve you, | 楚库埃梅卡配不上你 |
[04:42] | and out of all your wigs, | 在你所有的假发里 |
[04:43] | that one’s my favorite. | 我最喜欢这个 |
[04:47] | Is there something wrong with my wig? | 我的假发有什么问题吗 |
[04:48] | – Lie. – No. | -撒谎 -没有 |
[05:00] | Sounds so real. | 听起来太真实了 |
[05:05] | Douglas. | 道格拉斯 |
[05:10] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[05:10] | I got to ask you a favor. | 你得帮我个忙 |
[05:12] | Now? I’m kind of swamped. | 现在吗 我有点忙呢 |
[05:15] | Tonight, I’m taking Abishola out to celebrate. | 我今晚要带艾比希拉去庆祝 |
[05:17] | That new place at the riverfront called | 河边那家餐厅打电话来 |
[05:18] | and they said they have a table open. | 说他们有空位了 |
[05:20] | So what’s the favor? | 所以要我帮什么 |
[05:21] | Do you mind watching Mom? | 你能照看妈妈吗 |
[05:24] | Can’t Christina do it? | 克里斯蒂娜不能去吗 |
[05:25] | Christina’s got therapy tonight, | 克里斯蒂娜今晚要去治疗 |
[05:27] | and I don’t want her skipping that. | 我可不想让她错过这次治疗 |
[05:30] | All right. No problem. | 好吧 没问题 |
[05:32] | Okay, you got to drive Mom home, | 你得开车送妈妈回家 |
[05:34] | get her some dinner, take her to the bathroom. | 给她做点晚饭 带她去浴室 |
[05:36] | and put her to bed. | 扶她上床 |
[05:37] | Oh, in that order? | 是这个顺序吗 |
[05:38] | Don’t push your luck. | 你可别心存侥幸 |
[05:39] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[05:41] | Now, we’ll have to switch cars, | 我们得换车 |
[05:42] | ’cause her wheelchair won’t fit in yours. | 她的轮椅上不去你的车 |
[05:46] | So you’ll be driving my ‘Vette? | 你要开我的克尔维特 |
[05:48] | Yeah, and you’ll be driving my Cadillac. | 没错 你要开我的卡迪拉克 |
[05:51] | Your Cadillac is a beanbag with wheels. | 你的卡迪拉克就是个有轮子的豆子袋 |
[05:55] | My Corvette | 我的克尔维特 |
[05:56] | is a rocket ship. | 是艘有轮子的 |
[05:58] | With wheels. | 火箭船 |
[06:00] | You got to know how to drive it. | 你得学会怎么开 |
[06:01] | Don’t worry. I’ll be gentle. | 别担心 我会很轻柔的 |
[06:02] | See? Right there, first instinct is wrong. | 看到了吗 第一直觉永远是错的 |
[06:05] | You got to drive it hard, | 你得粗鲁一点 |
[06:07] | like you’re mad at it. | 就像你生了它的气一样 |
[06:09] | Just focus on keeping Mom alive. | 你别把妈妈弄死了就行 |
[06:13] | She’ll be fine. Worst-case scenario, | 她会没事的 就算遇到最糟的情况 |
[06:15] | I got 911 on speed dial. | 911在我的快速拨号里 |
[06:16] | 911. What’s your emergency? | 911 你有什么紧急情况 |
[06:18] | Sorry. No emergency. | 抱歉 没有紧急情况 |
[06:20] | Cancel the SWAT team. | 别让特警队来了 |
[06:20] | Nobody’s been taken hostage. | 没人被当作人质 |
[06:23] | I said “Nobody.” | 我说的是”没人” |
[06:26] | No, there are no hostages. | 不 没有人质 |
[06:31] | You got a nice voice. What’s your name? | 你声音挺好听的 你叫什么 |
[06:35] | Hello. | 你好 |
[06:37] | Hello. | 你好 |
[06:40] | Yogurt? | 要酸奶吗 |
[06:42] | What’s the point? | 意义何在 |
[06:44] | It has probiotics, which promotes gut health. | 里面有益生菌 促进肠道健康 |
[06:48] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[06:50] | My heart is broken. | 我心碎了 |
[06:51] | It’s just a rock. | 这就是个石头 |
[06:52] | It’s not just a rock. | 这不只是个石头 |
[06:54] | When Christina’s rugged boyfriend | 当克里斯蒂娜粗鲁的男朋友 |
[06:56] | threw me to the unforgiving Arizona ground, | 把我扔到亚利桑那州无情的土地上 |
[06:58] | I was humiliated. | 我被羞辱了 |
[07:00] | Luckily, | 幸运的是 |
[07:01] | I hit my head on this beautiful heart-shaped rock. | 我的头磕到了这个美丽的心形石头上 |
[07:04] | It was a sign. | 这是个预兆 |
[07:05] | I knew right then there was still hope for us. | 我知道我们还有机会 |
[07:10] | Your sign is doo-doo. | 你的预兆是坨屎 |
[07:12] | What? | 什么 |
[07:14] | This is a piece of doo-doo. | 这是坨屎 |
[07:17] | Probably from a cow. | 可能是牛拉的 |
[07:20] | That’s why so many dogs have been following me. | 怪不得那么多条狗都跟着我 |
[07:24] | I am sorry, cousin. | 抱歉 兄弟 |
[07:26] | Don’t be. | 不必抱歉 |
[07:27] | You tried to warn me not to get involved with her, | 你只想警告我别跟她扯上关系 |
[07:29] | but my ears were closed to the truth. | 但我两耳不闻真相 |
[07:30] | It is not your fault. | 这不是你的错 |
[07:32] | You were deafened by forces bigger than you. | 比你更强大的力量让你震耳欲聋 |
[07:35] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[07:36] | Don’t you see? | 你看不出来吗 |
[07:37] | You have been bewitched. | 你着魔了 |
[07:40] | You think so? | 你这么觉得吗 |
[07:41] | Remember when Christina made that cake with your face on it? | 还记得克里斯蒂娜做了一个蛋糕 上面有你的脸 |
[07:45] | She trapped your spirit inside those creamy chocolate layers. | 她把你的灵魂困在了巧克力奶油层里 |
[07:50] | Oluwa mi o. | 主啊 |
[07:51] | We need to defeat her magic with our own. | 我们也要用魔法打败她 |
[07:54] | How? | 怎么做 |
[07:55] | I will seek the counsel of my great-grandmother, | 我去问问我曾祖母的意见 |
[07:58] | who still knows the old ways. | 她知道些古方 |
[08:00] | Or I will find a video on YouTube. | 或者在视频网站上找找看 |
[08:12] | What? | 怎么了 |
[08:14] | They haven’t even left the country yet, | 他们还没从法国回来 |
[08:15] | and already his mother is taunting me. | 他妈妈就已经开始嘲笑我了 |
[08:18] | She is just eating a pastry, now. | 她只是在吃面包 |
[08:20] | A croissant! | 这是块牛角面包 |
[08:21] | Do you not see the symbolism? | 你没看出其中含义吗 |
[08:23] | I’m sorry, eh. I have to go. | 抱歉 我得下车了 |
[08:26] | Like everybody in my life. | 就像我生命中的其他人一样 |
[08:29] | Bonsoir. | 晚安 |
[08:33] | Are you going to be okay? | 你一个人不要紧吧 |
[08:35] | Oui. | 不要紧[法语] |
[08:38] | All right. | 那好吧 |
[08:39] | Abishola? | 艾比希拉 |
[08:41] | I don’t say it enough, but… | 我不是说不够 但… |
[08:43] | you are a good friend, and I am so fortunate to have you. | 你是位好伙伴 有你陪伴我很幸运 |
[08:50] | If we have time, I can do your nails. | 如果时间允许 我给你做指甲 |
[08:52] | What is wrong with my nails? | 我的指甲怎么了 |
[08:54] | You are so lucky I’m here. | 你真该庆幸有我在 |
[09:09] | If I got in, | 如果我进得来 |
[09:10] | I should be able to get out. | 也应该出得去 |
[09:30] | You okay, buddy? | 你还好吧 兄弟 |
[09:32] | Do I look okay? | 我看上去好吗 |
[09:33] | Not really. | 不怎么好 |
[09:34] | Are you gonna help or you gonna watch? | 你打算搭把手还是旁观 |
[09:37] | I think I’m gonna watch. | 我打算旁观 |
[09:40] | At first, our relationship was just physical. | 起初我们只是肉体关系 |
[09:42] | You know, like wrestling | 就好比摔跤 |
[09:44] | but sweatier. | 不过汗更多 |
[09:46] | But somewhere along the way, | 但不知从何时起 |
[09:48] | I started to have feelings for him. | 我开始喜欢他了 |
[09:50] | Oh, that’s a good thing, Kemi. | 这挺好的 凯米 |
[09:51] | No. Because now I miss him. | 不好 因为我现在想他 |
[09:52] | He’ll be back. | 他快回来了 |
[09:53] | Yes. Back under his mother’s arthritic thumb. | 是 在他母亲的掌控下回来 |
[09:57] | Other hand. | 另一只手 |
[10:00] | I have terrible thoughts about her, Abishola. | 我对她抱有可怕的想法 艾比希拉 |
[10:04] | Terrible, terrible thoughts. | 非常非常可怕的想法 |
[10:07] | Well, every woman has problems with the mother of…. | 每个女人对另一半的妈妈都… |
[10:10] | I want her dead. | 我想让她死 |
[10:13] | I know, I know. | 我懂 我懂 |
[10:19] | She is extremely allergic to shellfish. | 她对贝类严重过敏 |
[10:21] | – Kemi, what are you saying? – Nothing. | -凯米 你在说什么 -没什么 |
[10:24] | Maybe a cocktail shrimp falls in her coffee. | 也许她的咖啡里会掉进一只鸡尾酒虾 |
[10:27] | Blow. | 吹一吹 |
[10:31] | We pray that God removes this juju | 我们祈祷主能够 |
[10:34] | from the head of Kofoworola Omogoriola Olanipekun. | 洗净这颗头颅上的巫咒 |
[10:38] | – Amen. – And that this woman’s | -阿门 -被这个女人欺骗的 |
[10:40] | beguilement of this poor, innocent fool | 可怜的无辜傻瓜 |
[10:43] | be banished to whence it came. | 能够重新回归正途 |
[10:46] | Amen? | 阿门 |
[10:47] | We pray that the tentacles | 我们祈祷砍断欲望的触须 |
[10:50] | of desire be amputated and cast into the abyss. | 并将其抛入无底深渊 |
[10:54] | Do I use conditioner after this? | 等会要用护发素吗 |
[10:58] | May you quench his libido | 愿上帝浇灭他的情欲 |
[10:59] | and douse the fire in his loins. | 浇灭他腰中之火 |
[11:02] | – My loins are fine. – I said be quiet. | -我的腰没事 -我说了闭嘴 |
[11:07] | – What are you doing? – Hang on. | -你在干什么 -等一下 |
[11:09] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:11] | This next part gets weird. | 下一步有些怪 |
[11:17] | This is nice. Just me and my mom. | 多好啊 就我和妈妈 |
[11:21] | I’m driving Miss Dottie. | 为多蒂小姐开车 |
[11:23] | Did you see that movie? | 你看过那部电影[《为黛西小姐开车》] |
[11:24] | What movie? | 哪部电影 |
[11:29] | You know, Bob was concerned | 鲍勃竟然觉得 |
[11:32] | I might not be able to take care of you. | 我照顾不好你 |
[11:35] | Isn’t that funny? | 是不是很可笑 |
[11:38] | Isn’t it? | 不好笑吗 |
[11:40] | Douglas, that was a pointed silence. | 道格拉斯 那是让你闭嘴的意思 |
[11:43] | Pointed taken. | 收到 |
[11:49] | as long as I got you here, | 既然说到这了 |
[11:51] | how would you feel about me getting | 你觉得为我的工作 |
[11:52] | a little title bump at work? | 再增加点头衔如何 |
[11:54] | What are you now? | 你现在什么职务 |
[11:55] | VP, Human Resources. | 人力资源部副总 |
[11:57] | Well, what do you want to be? President, Human Resources? | 那你想当什么 人力资源部总裁 |
[12:00] | Emperor? | 皇帝 |
[12:01] | – It’s funny. – I got it. | -很好笑 -我想到了 |
[12:02] | Archduke, Human Resources. | 人力资源部皇太子 |
[12:04] | – Mom, I’m being serious. – So am I. | -妈妈 我认真的 -我也是 |
[12:07] | Why can’t I just be vice president | 我为什么不能当 |
[12:09] | of the whole company? | 整个公司的副总 |
[12:10] | You know, with a corresponding increase in salary. | 相应的薪水也会增加 |
[12:12] | honey, you should’ve took archduke | 亲爱的 说到皇太子的头衔时 |
[12:14] | while it was on the table. | 你就应该欣然接受的 |
[12:16] | Come on, I’ve earned this. | 拜托 这是我辛苦挣来的 |
[12:18] | You haven’t earned anything. | 没什么是你挣的 |
[12:20] | You were born into this job. | 你是在这个职位上出生的 |
[12:22] | So were Bob and Christina. | 鲍勃和克里斯蒂娜不也一样 |
[12:23] | You don’t hold it against them. | 你怎么不嫌弃他们 |
[12:24] | Of course I do. They break my heart every day. | 我怎么不嫌弃 他们每天都让我心碎 |
[12:28] | This is not fair. | 这不公平 |
[12:30] | I am not giving you a promotion. | 我不会提拔你的 |
[12:33] | You’re overpaid as it is. | 你现在的薪水已经过高了 |
[12:35] | Well, if that’s how you feel, | 如果你是这么想的 |
[12:36] | maybe I shouldn’t be working at MaxDot at all. | 那也许我就不该在麦克斯多特工作 |
[12:38] | – Maybe you shouldn’t. – Maybe I shouldn’t. | -也许你是不该 -也许我是不该 |
[12:39] | – Fine! – Fine! | -好啊 -好啊 |
[12:46] | So, what else is going on with you? | 那你最近还有别的什么事吗 |
[12:54] | – This is Douglas’s car? – Yeah. | -这是道格拉斯的车吗 -是的 |
[12:57] | It’s very nice. | 真不错 |
[12:58] | Glad you like it. I live in it now. | 你喜欢就好 我现在住在这里了 |
[13:01] | What does that mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[13:02] | Oh, you’ll see. | 待会儿就知道了 |
[13:04] | So, tell me about your day. | 和我说说你今天过得怎么样 |
[13:06] | I’d rather not. | 还是算了吧 |
[13:08] | – Is something wrong? – No. | -出什么事了 -不 |
[13:10] | I’ve just been talking to Kemi nonstop. | 我刚刚一直在和凯米聊天 |
[13:12] | I’d like to not talk for a little while. | 我现在暂时不想说话 |
[13:14] | Okay. You want to hear about my day? | 好吧 那你想听听我的一天吗 |
[13:18] | If you must. | 如果你非要说的话 |
[13:20] | This is shaping up to be a great night. | 今天晚上真是越来越美妙了 |
[13:24] | If you don’t feel like it, we don’t have to have | 如果你没心情 我们没必要 |
[13:26] | a big, fancy engagement dinner. | 非要来一场美妙的订婚晚宴 |
[13:29] | It does not matter to me. | 我不在意 |
[13:30] | I’m just happy to spend time with you. | 我和你一起就很高兴 |
[13:32] | So you don’t care where we go? | 所以你不在意我们到底去哪里 |
[13:33] | No. You pick. | 是的 你挑 |
[13:35] | So you’re on record, it’s up to me. | 所以你正式宣布 我来决定 |
[13:37] | Yes, Bob. | 是的 鲍勃 |
[13:38] | Great. No takebacks! | 太好了 不许反悔 |
[13:44] | Yeah, let me get, uh, two Coney Dogs, a Loose Burger, | 给我来一份康尼热狗堡 一份招牌汉堡 |
[13:46] | two chili cheese fries and two milkshakes. | 两份辣椒芝士薯条和两份奶昔 |
[13:50] | All right, what do you want? | 好了 你要什么 |
[13:53] | Ever since we started seeing each other, | 自从我们开始交往以来 |
[13:55] | his mother has stood in the way. | 他的妈妈就一直从中作梗 |
[13:57] | She objects to my age, to my being a widow, | 她反对我的年龄 反对我寡妇的身份 |
[14:00] | to my hating her. | 反对我讨厌她 |
[14:03] | I cannot win. | 我赢不了 |
[14:04] | And you never will if you take on Ogechi. | 你要是对上欧盖契 就不可能赢 |
[14:06] | Don’t be so certain. | 别说得这么绝对 |
[14:08] | I have known Ogechi for many, many years. | 我认识欧盖契好多好多年了 |
[14:11] | I’ve never seen her lose a fight. | 我就从来没见她输过 |
[14:13] | She’s mean as a snake. | 她跟一条毒蛇一样刻薄 |
[14:16] | It is true. | 没错 |
[14:17] | Her nickname at church is Sweetie Pie. | 她在教会的绰号是”甜心派” |
[14:20] | That doesn’t sound mean. | 听起来一点都不刻薄啊 |
[14:21] | We say it ironically. | 那是反话 |
[14:23] | “Shh. Here comes Sweetie Pie.” | “嘘 甜心派来了” |
[14:27] | Well, she may be a nasty snake, | 也许她是一条恶心的毒蛇 |
[14:30] | but I am a clever mongoose. | 但我是一个聪明的猫鼬 |
[14:34] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[14:35] | Tell me, mongoose, | 告诉我 猫鼬 |
[14:36] | are you the one in Paris with Chukwuemeka? | 现在和楚库埃梅卡一起在巴黎的人是你吗 |
[14:39] | Because it appears you are here in Detroit, | 你现在明明好像在底特律 |
[14:41] | crying and whining. | 哭哭啼啼呢 |
[14:45] | Please, continue. | 继续说 |
[14:47] | Your problem is that Chukwuemeka loves his mother | 你的问题在于 楚库埃梅卡爱自己的妈妈 |
[14:50] | more than life itself, and that will never change. | 胜过爱自己的生命 这点是不会变的 |
[14:53] | Then what can I do? | 那我该怎么做 |
[14:55] | There is only one thing. | 只有一个办法 |
[14:58] | What? Please, guide me. | 什么 拜托 指点我 |
[15:02] | You must be more Ogechi than Ogechi. | 你必须比欧盖契更加欧盖契 |
[15:07] | That sounds unnatural. | 听起来很玄乎啊 |
[15:08] | If done right, it is. | 只要办法对 的确很玄乎 |
[15:16] | – Okay, you all set here? – I think so. | -都安顿好了吧 -是的 |
[15:18] | – Thanks, honey. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢你 亲爱的 -不客气 |
[15:21] | And listen, I’m sorry about earlier. I overreacted. | 听着 之前的事很抱歉 是我反应过度了 |
[15:23] | You did. | 是的 |
[15:24] | Well, water under the bridge. | 好了 都过去了 |
[15:26] | Heat of the moment, things were said. | 一时冲动 祸从口出 |
[15:27] | Obviously, I don’t want to leave the company. | 我显然不想离开公司 |
[15:29] | – Obviously. – Okay. | -显然 -好 |
[15:31] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[15:33] | Douglas? | 道格拉斯 |
[15:34] | Yeah? | 怎么了 |
[15:35] | I really do want to give you that promotion and raise. | 我很想给你升职加薪 |
[15:38] | But? | 但是呢 |
[15:40] | I want you to earn it. | 我希望你自己争取 |
[15:43] | Then forget about it. | 那算了吧 |
[15:44] | No, no, no, no. Come over here. | 不不不 过来 |
[15:46] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[15:49] | Honey, | 亲爱的 |
[15:51] | you need to prove to yourself and everyone | 你需要向你自己和大家证明 |
[15:54] | that you deserve your place in the company. | 你值得公司里的这个职位 |
[15:56] | Can’t you just tell them I do? | 你就不能直接这么告诉他们吗 |
[15:57] | They’ll believe you. | 他们会相信你的 |
[16:00] | Listen, just because you were born on third base | 听着 你在三垒出生可不代表 |
[16:02] | doesn’t mean you can’t learn how to hit a home run. | 你学不会如何本垒打啊 |
[16:05] | So, you’re putting me on first base? | 那你要把我放到一垒吗 |
[16:07] | Oh, no, you’re not even in the dugout. | 不 你连替补都算不上 |
[16:10] | You’re in the parking lot, selling churros. | 你是在停车场卖油条的 |
[16:14] | Is that a metaphor, or is that my new job? | 这是比喻还是我的新工作 |
[16:17] | I want you to start working on the warehouse floor. | 我要你从仓库干起 |
[16:20] | Packing, shipping, cleaning. | 打包 运输 清洁 |
[16:23] | Sounds hard. | 听起来很艰难 |
[16:24] | It is. | 的确 |
[16:25] | But after a year or two, you’ll be a different person. | 但是过一两年 你就会改头换面 |
[16:28] | You’ll have a new respect for the company | 你会得到公司全新的尊重 |
[16:30] | and a new respect for yourself. | 还有你自己对自己的尊重 |
[16:32] | Yeah, but a year? | 是啊 但要一年啊 |
[16:34] | Or two. | 或者两年 |
[16:36] | But won’t it be weird, me making so much more money | 但是我赚的钱比仓库的人 |
[16:38] | than all the other guys on the warehouse floor? | 多多了 这样不会很奇怪吗 |
[16:40] | You’re right. From now on, | 你说得对 从现在开始 |
[16:43] | you’ll make minimum wage. | 你只赚最低工资 |
[16:45] | Oh, come on! What did I do to deserve this? | 拜托 我做什么了 要这么对我 |
[16:47] | Nothing, honey. That’s the point. | 什么都没做 亲爱的 这才是关键 |
[16:51] | Trust me, | 相信我 |
[16:52] | this’ll be great for you. | 这对你绝对大有好处 |
[16:55] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:56] | Now give Mommy a kiss good night. | 给妈妈一个晚安吻 |
[16:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:02] | Love you. | 爱你 |
[17:04] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:10] | Okay. | 好了 |
[17:16] | We really should not eat like this. | 我们不该这么吃 |
[17:18] | Hey, you don’t vote, you can’t complain. | 你不投票就别抱怨 |
[17:21] | I used to come here all the time. | 我以前经常会来这里 |
[17:22] | One year for Lent, I gave up other restaurants. | 有一年大斋期 我放弃了其他所有餐厅 |
[17:25] | I can see why you had a heart attack. | 我明白你为什么会心脏病了 |
[17:27] | Hey, that hurt my feelings. | 这么说我好受伤 |
[17:29] | Excuse me while I make the pain go away. | 请允许我来抚慰我的痛苦 |
[17:34] | All better. | 好多了 |
[17:36] | You laugh, but this place got me through some tough times. | 你会笑我 但这个地方帮我度过了不少困难时期 |
[17:39] | After my dad died, I brought Douglas and Christina here. | 我爸爸死后 我带道格拉斯和克里斯蒂娜来这里 |
[17:42] | The night I found out about Lorraine’s affair, | 我发现洛林出轨后 |
[17:44] | I drove around for hours | 我开车晃了好几个小时 |
[17:45] | and then ended up here at 2:00 in the morning. | 最后到了凌晨2点 还是来了这里 |
[17:48] | Doesn’t that just make you sad? | 这不会让你很难过吗 |
[17:50] | Okay. Hold that thought. | 好吧 先别说得太早 |
[17:53] | Now eat one of those fries | 吃一块薯条 |
[17:54] | and try to stay sad. | 并保持难过试试 |
[18:01] | See? It’s like the grease is giving you a hug. | 看 油脂好像在拥抱你 |
[18:04] | There were days I could have used a place like this. | 我以前可能也会有时候需要这种地方 |
[18:06] | Oh yeah? Like when? | 是吗 什么时候 |
[18:09] | Never mind. | 这不重要 |
[18:12] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[18:14] | We got to be able to talk about this stuff. | 我们应该能聊这类事了 |
[18:22] | Like when my husband Tayo | 就像我的丈夫塔约 |
[18:24] | said he was leaving us to go back to Nigeria. | 说他要离开我们 回到尼日利亚 |
[18:27] | That must have been rough. | 那肯定很艰难 |
[18:30] | He could not find a job, so he wanted to go back home, | 他找不到工作 想要回家 |
[18:33] | and I wanted to stay and keep trying. | 我想留在这里继续努力 |
[18:36] | I was willing to struggle to give Dele a better future, | 我愿意努力奋斗 给德勒一个更好的未来 |
[18:40] | but he was not. | 但他却不愿意 |
[18:42] | He did not come here for his family. | 他不是为了他的家庭来这里的 |
[18:45] | He came here for himself. | 他是为了他自己 |
[18:48] | I’m sorry you went through that. | 我很抱歉你遭遇了那些事 |
[18:50] | Don’t be. It got me here. | 不用 因此我才来了这里 |
[18:53] | Eating chili dogs with your fiancé. | 和你的未婚妻一起吃辣热狗 |
[18:55] | Yes, we are engaged! | 是的 我们订婚了 |
[18:57] | No one sniff around. | 谁都别想嗅来嗅去 |
[18:59] | Don’t show off the ring. | 不要炫耀戒指 |
[19:00] | This isn’t a great neighborhood. | 这片街区不太平 |
[19:11] | Hi, Kofo. | 你好 科福 |
[19:13] | Hello, Christina. | 你好 克里斯蒂娜 |
[19:15] | I want to apologize for what happened in Arizona. | 我想对亚利桑那州发生的一切而道歉 |
[19:18] | Oh, it-it’s okay. I should never have gone there. | 没关系 我不该去那里的 |
[19:22] | I’m glad you did. | 我很高兴你去了 |
[19:24] | Made me realize that what we have is special. | 这让我意识到我们之间的感情很特别 |
[19:28] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[19:29] | We cannot do this. Goodwin went through six bars | 我们不能这么做 古德温用了 |
[19:31] | of black soap. | 六条黑皂 |
[19:34] | Oluwa mi o. | 主啊 |
[19:38] | Oluwa mi o! | 主啊 |
[19:41] | Goodwin. | 古德温 |
[19:43] | Goodwin. | 古德温 |
[19:44] | What? | 怎么了 |
[19:45] | I am still bewitched. | 我还是着魔 |
[19:47] | I’ll get the soap. | 我去拿肥皂 |
[19:52] | Your wife is a deep sleeper. | 你老婆睡觉真沉 |
[20:06] | Welcome home, my darling. | 欢迎回家 我亲爱的 |
[20:08] | Oh, Kemi, I missed you so much. | 凯米 我好想你 |
[20:10] | I missed you, too. | 我也好想你 |
[20:12] | – You look so beautiful. – Do I? | -你看起来真美 -是吗 |
[20:14] | Yes. | 是的 |
[20:16] | And stylish. Is that new? | 还很时尚 这是新款吗 |
[20:18] | This? | 这些衣服吗 |
[20:19] | It is old. Very old. | 是老款 很老的款式 |
[20:24] | What is that smell? It seems familiar. | 这是什么味道 好熟悉 |
[20:27] | Elizabeth Taylor’s White Diamonds. | 伊丽莎白·泰勒的白钻石 |
[20:29] | I think that’s what Mummy wears. | 我妈妈就是用这个的 |
[20:32] | What a coincidence. | 真巧啊 |
[20:34] | Would you like to see the gifts I brought you from Paris? | 你要看看我从巴黎给你买的礼物吗 |
[20:36] | You brought me gifts? | 你还给我买礼物了 |
[20:39] | You are such a good boy. | 你真是一个好孩子 |
[20:41] | Anything for my mummy. I mean, my Kemi. | 为我的妈妈 不 我的凯米做任何事都行 |