时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | So-so you’re divorced? | 所以你离婚了 |
[00:04] | – No. – But you’re not together anymore? | -没有 -但是你们不在一起了 |
[00:06] | No, we are not. | 是的 不在一起 |
[00:08] | Well, what if you meet someone? | 那如果你遇到什么人 |
[00:09] | Isn’t that a problem? | 这难道不会是个问题吗 |
[00:11] | It is not a problem yet. | 现在还不是问题 |
[00:15] | I wasn’t completely honest with you yesterday. | 我昨天没有完全说实话 |
[00:19] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[00:20] | Yes. | 是的 |
[00:22] | When we first met at the hospital, | 我们第一次在医院遇到时 |
[00:24] | I did like you a little bit. | 我的确挺喜欢你的 |
[00:25] | I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[00:28] | I know you and I don’t make any sense. | 我知道我们俩一点都不相配 |
[00:29] | We’re like ice cream for breakfast. | 就像早餐吃冰淇淋 |
[00:32] | Doesn’t seem like a good idea. | 看起来不像是般配的一对 |
[00:35] | But if it makes you happy, why not? | 但如果这样能给你带来快乐 那为何不试试呢 |
[00:40] | Here, I brought your breakfast. | 给 我给你买了早饭 |
[00:48] | Ice cream. | 冰淇淋 |
[00:53] | Enjoy. I’m going to check on your mother. | 吃吧 我去看看你妈妈 |
[01:04] | Were you followed? | 有人跟踪你吗 |
[01:05] | Don’t be ridiculous. Of course not. | 别说笑了 怎么可能 |
[01:07] | Well, what did you tell Abishola? | 你怎么跟艾比希拉说的 |
[01:09] | That I was meeting an old friend from college. | 我去见大学的老朋友 |
[01:11] | If she asks, his name is Barry Lewis | 如果她继续问 他叫巴里·路易斯 |
[01:13] | and he lives in Toledo with his wife and two kids. | 与妻子和两个孩子住在托莱多 |
[01:15] | Billy’s eight and Sarah’s five and, boy, are they a handful. | 比利8岁 莎拉5岁 他们可调皮了 |
[01:19] | Why do you tell such elaborate lies? | 你干吗说这么详细的谎 |
[01:21] | – Well, what did you tell Olu? – Nothing. | -那你跟奥卢说什么了 -什么也没说 |
[01:24] | I went into the bathroom with a newspaper, | 我拿着报纸进了厕所 |
[01:26] | then climbed down the fire escape. | 然后从逃生梯上爬下来了 |
[01:29] | We have 45 minutes before she gets suspicious. | 在她起疑前我们有45分钟 |
[01:33] | It’s weird, I’ve done this before but I’m still nervous. | 真奇怪 我之前做过这事 但还是紧张 |
[01:35] | Don’t be. You have a secret weapon. | 别紧张 你有个秘密武器 |
[01:38] | What’s that? | 什么 |
[01:39] | Me, Tunde. | 我啊 通德 |
[01:45] | Don’t worry, I will get you the best engagement ring | 别担心 我会帮你选出最好的订婚戒指 |
[01:49] | at a price that will make the jeweler weep. | 用一个让珠宝商都哭泣的价格拿下 |
[01:51] | I’m not really too worried about price. | 我其实不太在乎多少钱 |
[01:54] | If you’re going to say stupid things, | 如果你要说傻话 |
[01:55] | go wait in the van. | 去车里等着 |
[02:21] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[02:22] | I’m David. How can I help you? | 我是大卫 有什么能帮忙 |
[02:24] | I see your store is empty of customers. | 我看到你的店里空无顾客 |
[02:26] | So perhaps we’ll be helping you, David. | 或许是我们来帮你了 大卫 |
[02:31] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:32] | I’m looking for an engagement ring | 我想买一个订婚戒指 |
[02:33] | and it doesn’t have to be too ornate, you know? | 不需要太华丽 好吗 |
[02:36] | Simple, classy, beautiful– just like the woman I hope to marry. | 简单大方美丽 就像我想娶的女人 |
[02:39] | Well, congratulations, sir. | 祝贺你啊 先生 |
[02:41] | Well, thanks, but let’s wait until she says yes. | 谢谢 不过还是等到她答应后再说吧 |
[02:44] | Are we done with the chitchat? | 寒暄完了吗 |
[02:45] | I have to walk out of the bathroom in 22 minutes. | 我得22分钟后从厕所里走出去 |
[02:50] | How about that one right there? | 那个怎么样 |
[02:52] | Good choice. | 选得好 |
[02:53] | This one is a beauty. | 这个非常好看 |
[02:57] | 1.5 carat, princess cut, | 1.5克拉 公主方钻切割 |
[02:59] | VVS1 clarity diamond | VVS1级别净度 |
[03:01] | on an 18-carat band. | 戒圈18克拉 |
[03:04] | It’s really nice. | 非常好 |
[03:06] | I mean, it’s okay. | 我是说 还行吧 |
[03:09] | And let those be the last words you speak. | 希望那些是你口中说出最后的话 |
[03:12] | How much? | 多少钱 |
[03:14] | $11,995. | 11995美元 |
[03:17] | Did you hear that? | 你听到了吗 |
[03:18] | Store with no customers? | 没顾客还狮子大开口 |
[03:20] | We’ll give you eight. | 我们出八千 |
[03:22] | I-I couldn’t possibly do that. | 那万万不可 |
[03:24] | I mean, I wish I could but… | 我也希望能给你这个价 但是 |
[03:26] | Then what is your best number? | 那你最低能到多少 |
[03:29] | I guess… | 我想 |
[03:31] | I could knock it down to 11-five. | 可以减到11500美元 |
[03:35] | Nice meeting you, David. | 很高兴认识你 大卫 |
[03:36] | – Let’s go, Bob. – ?Thanks. | -我们走 鲍勃 -谢谢 |
[03:37] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[03:40] | Yes? | 你说 |
[03:43] | How much were you looking to spend? | 你们的预算是多少 |
[03:46] | $8,000 for the ring you are holding. | 八千买你手上的戒指 |
[03:51] | Give me a minute. | 给我一会 |
[03:52] | I’ll have to call the owner. | 我打电话问问店主 |
[03:54] | He’s not calling anyone. | 他不会打电话的 |
[03:55] | This is just a part of the game. | 这只是个幌子 |
[03:58] | This isn’t my first rodeo, Tunde. | 这不是我第一次砍价[斗牛]了 通德 |
[04:01] | Then act like it, cowboy. | 那就表现得专业点 兄弟 |
[04:03] | ‘Cause you are about to get thrown from the bull. | 因为你要被牛甩出去了 |
[04:07] | Okay, I can get you down to nine-five. | 好吧 我可以降到9500块 |
[04:10] | Ah, David, I really wanted you to make this sale | 大卫 我真想让你做成这笔生意 |
[04:13] | so you could afford to move from your parents’ home. | 这样你就有钱搬出你父母家了 |
[04:18] | How did you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[04:19] | Because I have eyes, David. | 因为我能看到 大卫 |
[04:22] | I have eyes. | 我能看到 |
[04:25] | – Come on. – W-Wait. | -走吧 -等等 |
[04:29] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[04:36] | What you got there, Bobby Socks? | 你买了什么 鲍勃袜袜 |
[04:38] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[04:39] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[04:40] | What did you put in your pocket? | 你刚把什么放进了口袋里 |
[04:42] | Was that a cookie? | 是饼干吗 |
[04:45] | No, it’s not a cookie. | 不 不是饼干 |
[04:46] | Remember when you were a kid | 你还记得你小时候 |
[04:47] | and I used to find cookie crumbs in your pocket? | 我经常在你口袋里发现饼干渣 |
[04:50] | I don’t do that anymore. | 我不会再那样了 |
[04:53] | All right then. If it’s a flask, | 好吧 如果是酒瓶的话 |
[04:54] | give Mama a hit. | 让老妈来一口 |
[04:56] | It’s the middle of the day. | 这才中午 |
[04:58] | That’s why you use a flask. | 所以才要用酒瓶啊 |
[05:02] | You want to see? | 你想看看吗 |
[05:04] | Fine. Here. | 好吧 给你 |
[05:08] | Oh, my– Oh. | 我的天… |
[05:10] | That’s beautiful. | 这很漂亮 |
[05:11] | I did good? | 我挑的不错吧 |
[05:12] | You did really good. | 你挑的很棒 |
[05:15] | Figure I better make it official before she wises up. | 我想最好在她发现之前跟她结婚 |
[05:17] | Good thinking. | 想法不错 |
[05:19] | – I was joking. – What do you want me to say, sweetie? | -我开玩笑的 -你想让我说什么 宝贝 |
[05:22] | She’s out of your league, you know this. | 你可配不上她 你知道的 |
[05:25] | I do. | 我知道 |
[05:26] | Still, I’m so happy for you. | 但我还是为你开心 |
[05:29] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[05:30] | It’ll be fun– all of us under one roof. | 会很有趣的 我们同处一个屋檐下 |
[05:35] | “Us”? | “我们” |
[05:37] | Well, you know how the Nigerians are with family. | 你知道尼日利亚人都很注重家庭 |
[05:40] | We’ll have Olu, Tunde, | 我们家会有奥卢 通德 |
[05:42] | Dele… probably a couple of cousins | 德勒 或许还有几个 |
[05:44] | they stashed away somewhere. | 他们藏起来的表亲 |
[05:46] | You just got to make it clear to them I’m keeping the downstairs bedroom. | 但你要和他们说清楚 我住楼下的房间 |
[05:51] | Y-You’re not going back to your house? | 你不回你家吗 |
[05:57] | Someday. | 改天 |
[06:02] | You know, when you’re feeling better. | 等你身体恢复之后 |
[06:06] | I’ll tell them about the bedroom. | 我去跟他们说房间的事 |
[06:13] | The pepper soup is wonderful. | 酸辣汤太好喝了 |
[06:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[06:19] | So, where were you this afternoon? | 你今天下午去哪儿了 |
[06:22] | What are you talking about? I was here. | 你在说什么 我在家里 |
[06:24] | Tunde! | 通德 |
[06:25] | What? | 怎么了 |
[06:26] | After you left the bathroom, | 你离开洗手间之后 |
[06:28] | I went in to change the towels. | 我进去换毛巾了 |
[06:30] | – So? – So… | -所以呢 -所以… |
[06:32] | it did not smell the way it does | 里面的味道可不像是 |
[06:33] | after you have been there for 45 minutes. | 你在里面待了45分钟的样子 |
[06:36] | You mean like something died? | 你是说像有东西死了吗 |
[06:37] | No one asked you. | 没人问你 |
[06:42] | Were you betting money on those skinny dogs again? | 你是不是又去赌那些瘦狗了 |
[06:45] | No. | 没有 |
[06:46] | And they are called greyhounds. | 而且那叫灰狗 |
[06:48] | Named after the bus. | 以那个巴士的名字命名 |
[06:52] | Tunde, tell me the truth. | 通德 跟我说实话 |
[06:54] | Where were you? | 你去哪儿了 |
[06:58] | We cannot discuss this in front of the boy. | 我们不能在孩子面前讨论这件事 |
[07:01] | Go away, boy. | 起开 孩子 |
[07:06] | Tell me. | 告诉我 |
[07:09] | Okay, but you must promise not to tell Abishola. | 好吧 但你要保证不告诉艾比希拉 |
[07:14] | Of course. | 当然 |
[07:17] | Good news! | 好消息 |
[07:27] | I have a secret. | 我有个秘密 |
[07:30] | But you have to promise not to tell anyone. | 但你们得保证不告诉别人 |
[07:32] | – Then don’t tell me. – Me, either. | -那就别跟我说 -也别跟我说 |
[07:35] | Well, I have to tell someone. | 但我得找个人说出来 |
[07:39] | Bob is going to ask me to marry him. | 鲍勃要向我求婚了 |
[07:41] | What?! | 真的吗 |
[07:42] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道的 |
[07:43] | My uncle helped him buy a ring. | 我叔叔陪他去买了戒指 |
[07:45] | Oh, so he got a good price. | 那肯定帮他砍了个好价钱 |
[07:47] | Her uncle can get a discount at the 99 Cents Store. | 她叔叔能让99美分店打折 |
[07:51] | This means we all have to go to Nigeria. | 这意味着我们得去尼日利亚 |
[07:52] | For the wedding? | 办婚礼吗 |
[07:53] | For the approval. | 去请求同意 |
[07:55] | Bob has to present himself to Abishola’s family. | 鲍勃必须向艾比希拉的家人介绍自己 |
[07:57] | If they don’t like him, | 如果他们不喜欢他 |
[07:58] | they can forbid the marriage. | 他们可以反对这桩婚事 |
[08:01] | So are you telling me if Bob rubs | 照你这么说如果鲍勃 |
[08:03] | some second cousin the wrong way, you can’t marry him? | 惹恼了某个远房表亲 你就不能嫁给他 |
[08:05] | No, I still can. | 不 还是可以嫁 |
[08:07] | But she can never return to Nigeria. | 那样她就再也不能回尼日利亚了 |
[08:09] | Or Texas. | 还有得州 |
[08:10] | I have family there. | 那里也有亲戚 |
[08:13] | Poor sock man. | 可怜的袜子男 |
[08:14] | He tries to give you a diamond ring | 不过是想给你带上一枚钻戒 |
[08:16] | and suddenly he’s proposing to a whole village. | 却突然要向全村人求婚 |
[08:19] | It’s not the whole village. | 不是全村人 |
[08:21] | At most, it would be 200 people. | 撑死两百人 |
[08:24] | And that is the easy part. | 这都是小事 |
[08:26] | I also have to ask my husband for a divorce. | 我还得跟我丈夫离婚 |
[08:29] | That’s right. I always forget you’re still married. | 对了 我总忘记你还没离 |
[08:32] | So get a divorce, big deal. | 离就离呗 有什么大不了 |
[08:34] | It’s not like America. You cannot just order one | 那里不像美国 |
[08:37] | at the drive-through like Kentucky nuggets. | 离婚不像在肯德基点餐那么简单 |
[08:40] | If her husband doesn’t agree to the divorce, | 如果她丈夫不同意离婚 |
[08:42] | she will have to bribe many officials and judges. | 她将不得不贿赂多位官员及法官 |
[08:45] | Oh, so they’re corrupt. | 所以他们很腐败 |
[08:49] | – No. – No. | -不是 -没有 |
[08:53] | I’m going to make such a beautiful bridesmaid. | 我要做个美美的伴娘 |
[08:56] | Why don’t you wait for me to ask you? | 我还没问你呢 |
[08:58] | You’re going to ask me. Don’t be stupid. | 你会问的 别犯傻了 |
[09:03] | You look beautiful today. | 你今天真美 |
[09:06] | Thank you, Bob. | 谢谢你 鲍勃 |
[09:07] | It’s weird how this bench has kind of become | 奇怪的是这张长椅竟然变成了 |
[09:10] | our bench. | 我们的专属长椅 |
[09:11] | Actually, the plaque on the back | 其实椅背上的铭牌写着 |
[09:13] | says it’s in loving memory of Stanley Webber. | 以此纪念斯坦利·韦伯 |
[09:17] | Yeah, well, it looks like stanley’s all done using it. | 是啊 貌似斯坦利已经用不着了 |
[09:21] | Anyway… | 总之… |
[09:22] | This spot has become very special for us. | 这个地方对我们来说很特别 |
[09:25] | Which is why I thought it would be | 所以我觉得这是个 |
[09:27] | – the perfect place to… – No. | -很适合的地方来向… -不 |
[09:29] | – What? – You do not have to do this. | -什么 -你不必这样做 |
[09:32] | You know? | 你知道了 |
[09:33] | Of course I know. | 我当然知道 |
[09:35] | Tunde. | 通德 |
[09:37] | Bob… | 鲍勃… |
[09:40] | You have no idea what marrying a Nigerian woman entails. | 你根本不懂娶一个尼日利亚女人意味着什么 |
[09:44] | The process will be very stressful and unpleasant. | 整个过程充满了紧张和不愉快 |
[09:48] | Because I’m a white guy? | 因为我是白人吗 |
[09:50] | That does not help. | 这不好使 |
[09:53] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[09:57] | I do not want to marry you, | 我不想和你结婚 |
[09:59] | but I do want to spend the rest of my life with you. | 但我很想与你共度余生 |
[10:02] | Do you understand? | 你懂吗 |
[10:05] | Not really. | 不太懂 |
[10:09] | Trust me, it might not seem like it, | 相信我 虽然看上去不是 |
[10:11] | but it’s for the best. | 但这样对你我都好 |
[10:16] | – You want to at least see the ring? – Oh, no. | -至少看看那枚戒指吗 -噢 不了 |
[10:18] | I’m sure it’s very beautiful, but there is no need. | 我相信它非常漂亮 但没有必要 |
[10:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[10:26] | This really is our special place. | 这真是个特别的地方 |
[10:29] | Yeah, on a dead guy’s bench. | 可不是吗 一张逝者的长椅 |
[10:35] | What was she thinking? This is craziness. | 她在想什么 真是胡闹 |
[10:37] | It is so humiliating. | 太丢脸了 |
[10:41] | I’m sorry you’re upset. | 很抱歉让你难过了 |
[10:43] | Tell me the proposal word for word. | 把求婚词逐字逐句讲给我听 |
[10:45] | Maybe then I’ll know what you did wrong. | 没准听完我就知道你哪错了 |
[10:47] | Because it could not have been the ring. | 因为绝对不可能是戒指的问题 |
[10:50] | Tunde, relax. It’s for the best. | 通德 放松点 这样对大家都好 |
[10:52] | Bob, you may lie to yourself– | 鲍勃 你可以骗自己 |
[10:55] | in fact, you are quite good at it… | 事实上 你很擅长说谎 |
[10:57] | …but you may not lie to me. | …但你骗不了我 |
[10:59] | Well, what do you want me to do? | 那你想让我怎么办 |
[11:00] | You can’t force someone to marry you. | 又不能强迫别人嫁给我 |
[11:02] | No, you cannot. | 是的 你不能 |
[11:04] | Unless you’re willing to buy | 除非你愿意 |
[11:05] | her father a Subaru Crosstrek. | 给她父亲买辆限量款斯巴鲁XV |
[11:08] | He’s outdoorsy. | 他很喜欢出门 |
[11:11] | I will talk to her. | 我会和她谈谈的 |
[11:12] | No. You’ve done enough. | 不 你做的够多了 |
[11:14] | I thought I had, but here we are, | 我也这么以为的 但我们现在 |
[11:16] | returning a ring I worked so hard for. | 却要去退一枚我耗尽心力搞到的戒指 |
[11:24] | Hey, Bob, | 鲍勃 |
[11:26] | I just heard. | 我刚听说了 |
[11:28] | I don’t want to talk about it. | 我不想聊 |
[11:30] | Completely understandable. | 完全理解 |
[11:32] | You remember when I went silent | 你还记得我离婚后 |
[11:34] | for a couple of months after my divorce? | 沉寂了好几个月吗 |
[11:37] | Well, actually, you probably don’t, | 其实你可能不知道 |
[11:38] | because I didn’t come to work. | 因为我根本没有来上班 |
[11:41] | But I was at home, silent. | 但我当时是在家 沉寂 |
[11:45] | Abishola and I are still together. | 艾比希拉和我依然在一起 |
[11:49] | But she doesn’t want to marry you? | 但是她不想嫁给你吗 |
[11:51] | She does not. | 她不想 |
[11:54] | How very French of you. | 你们可真前卫啊 |
[11:56] | That’s exactly what we were going for. | 我们是这么打算的 |
[11:59] | Well, I’m happy you’re still in a relationship. | 很高兴你依然有对象 |
[12:03] | Would I like to be in one? | 我想有吗 |
[12:05] | More and more, I don’t think so. | 我现在越来越没有这种想法了 |
[12:08] | I mean, if I need sex, I can always go out and get it, | 如果我想要做爱 我随时都能如愿 |
[12:11] | but in the meantime, | 但与此同时 |
[12:13] | I am flying solo and thriving. | 我要独自美丽 |
[12:16] | Good for you. | 好样的 |
[12:18] | You know, when you stop chasing | 当你不再去追求 |
[12:20] | after the relationship that’s gonna fix you, | 能让你完整的感情 |
[12:23] | that’s when you find out who you really are. | 你就能发现真正的自己 |
[12:27] | I am on a journey of self-discovery | 我在自我发现的路上 |
[12:31] | that has nothing to do with who I’m married to | 这跟我要嫁的人和我约会的对象 |
[12:34] | or who I’m dating. | 一点关系都没有 |
[12:36] | Alone and by myself, I am enough. | 我一个人 就足够了 |
[12:41] | I am a complete person, | 我是一个完整的人 |
[12:42] | and I like me. | 我喜欢我自己 |
[12:47] | I thought you came in here to cheer me up. | 你不是来给我打气的吗 |
[12:50] | Best-laid plans, huh? | 最佳计划啊 |
[12:53] | Come here. | 过来 |
[12:56] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[12:57] | Hey, I just heard. | 我刚听说了 |
[12:59] | Not a good time, Douglas! | 不是时候 道格拉斯 |
[13:03] | 第二天 伍德沃德纪念医院 | |
[13:06] | This should help with your discomfort. | 这个应该能让你好受点 |
[13:07] | – What are you giving him? – Relax, she knows what she’s doing. | -你给他什么 -放轻松 她知道自己在干什么 |
[13:10] | She’s a professional. | 她是专业的 |
[13:12] | Fine, swallow poison. What do I care? | 行吧 吞毒药吧 我又不在乎 |
[13:14] | I hope it’s poison. | 我也希望这是毒药 |
[13:17] | Hello. | 你们好 |
[13:20] | Mr. Clark, you have barely eaten. | 克拉克先生 你一口都没动 |
[13:21] | Oh, he doesn’t care for eggs. | 他不喜欢吃鸡蛋 |
[13:22] | I can talk to the woman. | 我自己可以和她说 |
[13:25] | I don’t care for eggs. | 我不喜欢吃鸡蛋 |
[13:28] | These are more powder than egg, | 这都差不多是蛋末了 |
[13:29] | but we can find you something else. | 不过我们可以给你弄点别的 |
[13:31] | Don’t bother, I’ll be dead soon. | 不用了 我马上就要死了 |
[13:33] | Why would you say that? | 你为什么要这么说 |
[13:35] | That’s a horrible thing to say. | 这么说太糟糕了 |
[13:36] | Let me go, Doreen. | 放手吧 多琳 |
[13:38] | Marry my brother like you know you wanted to. | 嫁给我哥哥吧 你知道你很想那么做 |
[13:41] | I went on one date with him | 我就在43年前和他 |
[13:43] | 43 years ago. | 约过一次会 |
[13:45] | What about Atlantic City? | 那大西洋城那次呢 |
[13:47] | All right, two dates. | 好吧 两次 |
[13:49] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[13:50] | I have other patients. | 我们还有别的病人 |
[13:52] | – Hand me that blanket. – Are you cold? | -把毯子给我 -你冷吗 |
[13:54] | Yeah, I’m-I’m a little chilly. | 嗯 有一点凉 |
[13:57] | There. There, is that better? | 来 这样好点了吗 |
[14:00] | Yeah. What were we talking about? | 嗯 我们刚刚在说什么 |
[14:02] | Your brother and Atlantic City. | 你哥哥和大西洋城 |
[14:06] | Why are you making trouble? | 你为什么要挑事 |
[14:07] | I want to hear the end of the story. | 我想把故事听完 |
[14:10] | So do I. | 我也想 |
[14:18] | She definitely picked the wrong brother. | 她绝对挑错了兄弟 |
[14:24] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[14:26] | Them. | 他们 |
[14:27] | The constant bickering? | 无休止的吵嘴 |
[14:29] | I don’t mind it. | 我不介意 |
[14:30] | It’s just noise. Old, white noise. | 只是噪音 老年白人噪音 |
[14:34] | It is beautiful. | 很美好 |
[14:36] | I hope, many years from now, | 希望很多年后 |
[14:37] | I can argue with Bob while he’s dying. | 我也能在鲍勃弥留之际和他争吵 |
[14:40] | It doesn’t have to stop when they’re dead. | 不一定死了就结束了 |
[14:42] | Every time I go to the cemetery to visit my husband, | 我每次去墓地看我丈夫时 |
[14:45] | I shout at his headstone until I am asked to leave. | 都会冲着他的墓碑怒骂到被赶出去为止 |
[14:53] | Ah, geez. What? | 天啊 怎么了 |
[14:56] | We are here to congratulate you on the success of your proposal. | 我们来恭喜你的求婚成功 |
[15:00] | Thank you, but she said no. | 谢谢 但是她拒绝了 |
[15:02] | Exactly. Well done, sir. | 没错 好样的 先生 |
[15:05] | You get to be with a Nigerian woman | 你既可以和一个尼日利亚女人在一起 |
[15:07] | without the inconvenience of marriage. | 又可以避免面对那种繁琐的婚姻 |
[15:08] | Yes, you are not purchasing the cow | 你不用买下这头奶牛了 |
[15:11] | because you are receiving the milk | 因为你不用花钱 不用月供 |
[15:12] | for no money down and no monthly payments. | 就已经可以每个月有牛奶了 |
[15:16] | And you don’t have to worry | 你也不用担心 |
[15:17] | about winning over the cow’s judgmental family. | 有了奶牛的那一大家子苛刻的亲戚 |
[15:19] | You don’t even have to live with the cow. | 你都不用和奶牛住在一起 |
[15:23] | Can we please stop calling her a cow? | 能不能不要再管她叫奶牛了 |
[15:26] | Why? | 为什么 |
[15:26] | Cows are both beautiful and delicious. | 奶牛又美丽又好吃 |
[15:30] | Guys, I, uh, I appreciate you coming by– | 伙计们 谢谢你们过来… |
[15:32] | uh, you know, actually, I don’t. | 其实我一点都不想谢 |
[15:33] | – Can we go back to work? – Of course. | -能继续去工作吗 -当然了 |
[15:35] | – We are just happy it all worked out. – Worked out? | -我们只是很高兴一切很成功 -成功 |
[15:38] | The woman I love thinks marrying me is not worth | 我爱的女人觉得嫁给我不值得 |
[15:40] | the whole Nigerian rigamarole. | 走一遍尼日利亚的繁文缛节 |
[15:42] | “Rigamarole”? | 繁文缛节 |
[15:44] | I-It’s like “Kerfuffle.” | 就是”繁琐的礼节” |
[15:46] | Regardless, you are a man to be admired. | 不管怎么说 你是个厉害的家伙 |
[15:49] | Our hats are off our heads to you. | 我们对你深表尊敬 |
[16:06] | Chukwuemeka is cooking for me tonight. | 楚库埃梅卡今晚为我下厨 |
[16:09] | That is nice. | 真不错 |
[16:10] | We probably won’t be having sex because the lasagna is so heavy. | 我们应该不会做爱 因为那千层面太油了 |
[16:14] | And also, because he’s so unattractive | 而且他跟女人一样照顾我的时候 |
[16:16] | when he tends to me like a woman. | 一点魅力都没有 |
[16:20] | He wears that apron, | 他一戴上那个围裙 |
[16:21] | and I dry up like a desert. | 我就和沙漠一样干了 |
[16:29] | Bob. | 鲍勃 |
[16:30] | You mind if I cut in? | 我能打扰一下吗 |
[16:31] | Be my guest. | 随你便 |
[16:32] | I’m getting nothing from this conversation. | 我聊了这么久 什么东西都没聊出来 |
[16:35] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里干什么 |
[16:36] | Well, I had to talk to you. | 我要和你聊聊 |
[16:39] | I need to talk to you, too. | 我也要和你聊聊 |
[16:40] | Listen, I know this whole thing is a hassle, but… | 听着 我知道这一切很混蛋 但是… |
[16:44] | have you ever eaten crab legs? | 你吃过蟹腿吗 |
[16:47] | What? | 什么 |
[16:48] | Well, they serve them with a hammer. | 餐厅总是还会给你一把锤子 |
[16:49] | Y-You got to crack them open and pull them apart– | 你得敲开 掰开 |
[16:52] | it’s a mess, but in the end, | 弄得很脏 但最后 |
[16:54] | i-it’s worth it. | 很值得 |
[16:56] | So much better than just getting a pile of meat in a bowl. | 比只吃一碗装满肉的菜好多了 |
[17:00] | This is what you wanted to talk to me about? | 你就想和我说这个吗 |
[17:03] | No. | 不 |
[17:05] | I wanted to tell you I love you. | 我想告诉你我爱你 |
[17:09] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[17:12] | This is going to be so hard, | 接下来会很艰难 |
[17:14] | but when have things ever been easy for us? | 但我们的哪一步是很容易的呢 |
[17:17] | What are you saying? | 你怎么说 |
[17:22] | Bob? | 鲍勃 |
[17:25] | Will you marry me? | 你愿意娶我吗 |
[17:28] | Yes. | 愿意 |
[17:33] | Have you idiots not seen a single romantic comedy? Clap! | 你们这些蠢蛋就没看过浪漫喜剧吗 鼓掌啊 |
[17:40] | Can I see the ring? | 我能看看戒指了吗 |
[17:41] | Oh, you know, I-I actually returned it. | 我已经退了 |
[17:43] | This was sort of a spur-of-the-moment thing. | 这有点扫兴了 |
[17:45] | There’s no ring. Stop clapping. | 没有节制 别拍了 |
[17:46] | Stop clapping! | 别拍了 |
[17:51] | – This time, let me do the talking. – Fine, pay retail, | -这次 我来说 -行啊 你付零售价吧 |
[17:54] | see if I care. | 我才不在乎 |
[17:55] | I’m not gonna pay retail. | 我不会付零售价的 |
[18:01] | Welcome back. How can I help you? | 欢迎回来 有什么需要帮助的吗 |
[18:03] | We’re here for the ring I returned. | 我们要我们退还的戒指 |
[18:06] | Sure. | 当然了 |
[18:07] | I believe we settled on $8,500. | 我们之前说的是8500 |
[18:12] | When it was new. | 那是崭新的时候 |
[18:14] | Now… it’s secondhand. | 现在…只能算二手了 |