时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | The food is delicious. | 这食物很美味 |
[00:05] | Yes, very good. | 对 很不错 |
[00:07] | They put on a nice wedding here, too. | 这里办的婚礼也很棒 |
[00:09] | Are you thinking of one couple in particular? | 你想到的是某一对吗 |
[00:12] | A mother can dream, right? | 做妈妈可以偶尔做做梦吧 |
[00:14] | So can aunties. | 阿姨也是 |
[00:18] | So what’s the first step? | 那第一步是什么 |
[00:20] | Abishola needs to finalize her divorce in Nigeria. | 艾比希拉得先离了在尼日利亚结的婚 |
[00:22] | And they’ll need to start looking | 他们要给德勒 |
[00:23] | into neighborhood schools for Dele. | 在附近找好学校 |
[00:25] | And I’ll have my lawyer draw up a prenup. | 我会让我的律师拟好婚前协议 |
[00:29] | What? | 什么 |
[00:30] | Well, it’s just this thing you sign | 就是一个签署了 |
[00:31] | to make sure everybody hangs on to what’s theirs. | 就能确保大家原来的财产还是自己的 |
[00:34] | We know what it is. | 我们知道那是什么意思 |
[00:35] | But why does Abishola need one? | 但艾比希拉为什么需要签 |
[00:37] | Do you think she wants Bob’s money? | 你觉得她想要的是鲍勃的钱 |
[00:39] | No, but it’s a family business, | 不 但这是家族产业 |
[00:40] | and it needs to stay in the family. | 这应该属于我们的家族 |
[00:43] | But wouldn’t Abishola be a part of the family? | 但是艾比希拉那样不就是你们家族的人吗 |
[00:46] | Well, yeah. Sorta. | 嗯 差不多吧 |
[00:50] | Do you remember a moment ago, | 你记不记得一分钟前 |
[00:50] | you asked us to tell you | 你还和我们说有冒犯 |
[00:52] | when you are being offensive? | 就告诉你 |
[00:54] | It’s happening now. | 现在就是了 |
[01:04] | Dele, get the door. | 德勒 去开门 |
[01:05] | Tunde, move it. | 通德 换地方 |
[01:11] | Kaale. | 晚上好 |
[01:12] | Kaale, Bob. | 晚上好 鲍勃 |
[01:13] | My mother will be right out. | 妈妈一会儿就好 |
[01:14] | Great. Where’s your auntie and uncle? | 好 阿姨和叔叔呢 |
[01:16] | Hiding. They don’t want to talk to you | 藏起来了 他们不想理你 |
[01:19] | because you are the son of a monster. | 因为你是怪兽之子 |
[01:22] | Hey, you don’t get to pick your mom. | 你没法选择你的出身呀 |
[01:25] | All right. | 好吧 |
[01:28] | So how’s it going with you? How’s school? | 你最近呢 学校生活怎么样 |
[01:30] | Fine. | 还好 |
[01:32] | Your mom says they’re moving you up | 你妈妈说他们想让你跳级 |
[01:33] | to an Advanced Placement math class. | 上高年级数学班 |
[01:35] | – They are. – That’s exciting. | -是的 -真令人兴奋 |
[01:37] | Yes. | 是的 |
[01:39] | You’re not really selling the excitement. | 你好像不怎么兴奋 |
[01:42] | I’m sorry. | 失陪了 |
[01:45] | I’m just gonna grab some water. | 我想喝点水 |
[01:53] | Thank you, Tunde. | 谢谢 通德 |
[01:55] | You’re welcome, Bob. | 不客气 鲍勃 |
[01:57] | You gonna come out? | 你要出来吗 |
[01:58] | Tell him no. | 拒绝他 |
[02:00] | No. | 不了 |
[02:01] | OL Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:03] | Would you like an ice cube? | 要不要加点冰块 |
[02:04] | No ice cubes for him. | 这没他的冰块 |
[02:06] | Oh. N-Never mind. | 哦 没事 |
[02:08] | Ready? | 准备走吗 |
[02:10] | Wow. You look great. | 你看上去真美 |
[02:11] | Hang on. | 稍等 |
[02:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:17] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[02:19] | They’re a fun couple. | 他们真有意思 |
[02:46] | – To us. – To us. | -敬彼此 -敬彼此 |
[02:50] | It was so nice to see Dele tonight. | 今晚见到德勒很高兴 |
[02:52] | He’s a good kid. | 他是个好孩子 |
[02:53] | Yes, he is. Thank you. | 是的 他是 谢谢夸奖 |
[02:56] | He’s a bit of a Glum Gus, though, isn’t he? | 他有点像抑郁的格斯 是不是 |
[02:58] | Glum Gus? | 抑郁的格斯 |
[02:59] | Oh, you know, he’s not a big smiler or laugher, | 你知道的 就是那种特别不爱笑 |
[03:03] | anything pleasant. | 跟高兴完全不沾边的人 |
[03:06] | My son is a ry happy boy. | 我儿子是个快乐的男孩 |
[03:07] | I’m sure he is. | 他必须是 |
[03:08] | He just seems like he’s under a lot of pressure. | 就是感觉他压力有点大 |
[03:11] | If you mean the pressure to succeed, then yes. | 如果你指成功的压力 答案是肯定的 |
[03:14] | That’s cool. Just keep an eye on the shower drain | 酷 注意看着点浴室排水孔 |
[03:16] | in case his hair starts falling out. | 以防他开始脱发 |
[03:19] | Dele is fine. | 德勒好着呢 |
[03:20] | I didn’t say that he wasn’t. | 我没说他不好 |
[03:22] | He is ambitious, hardworking and focused. | 他志存高远 勤奋刻苦 心无旁骛 |
[03:24] | And a little sad. | 外加闷闷不乐 |
[03:27] | You know they make the Caesar salad right at the table? | 据说他们在餐桌上现做凯撒沙拉 |
[03:29] | It’s quite a show. | 真是场视觉盛宴 |
[03:31] | You have no business telling me about my son. | 你无权对我儿子的事指手画脚 |
[03:33] | I didn’t mean anything by it. | 我没那个意思 |
[03:35] | He just seems so serious for a kid his age. | 只是对于这个年纪的孩子而言 他太严肃了 |
[03:37] | – Eh? And what’s wrong with being serious? – Nothing. | -严肃点怎么了 -没怎么 |
[03:40] | And let’s let that be the end of it | 让我们结束这个话题 |
[03:41] | and the beginning of a nice dinner. | 愉快地用餐可好 |
[03:46] | Well, we know who Dele gets the serious thing from. | 现在我们知道德勒的严肃从何而来 |
[03:50] | Boy, if looks could kill, I’d be… | 天呐 如果表情能杀人 我肯定已经… |
[03:54] | All right. | 好吧 |
[03:56] | You know how our game is played. | 你知道游戏规则 |
[03:57] | Yes, I watch… | 是的 我看了 |
[03:58] | – You are home early. – Where is Dele? | -回来这么早 -德勒在哪 |
[04:01] | I-In his room. | 在他房间 |
[04:04] | Poor Dele. | 可怜的德勒 |
[04:07] | Are you unhappy? | 你不开心吗 |
[04:10] | Excuse me? | 抱歉 |
[04:10] | “Excuse me?” Are you a Glum Gus? | “抱歉” 你是抑郁的格斯吗 |
[04:14] | – Am I putting too much pressure on you? – No. | -我给你施加太多压力了 -没 |
[04:16] | Good. Then you need to smile more. | 那就好 那你要多笑笑 |
[04:18] | – Why? – This is America. | -为什么 -这里是美国 |
[04:20] | We have to look happy, even if we’re not. | 我们得表现得开心 即便我们不开心 |
[04:23] | Okay. But you are happy? | 好吧 那你开心吗 |
[04:25] | – Yes. – If something was wrong, | -是的 -如果有什么事 |
[04:27] | you would tell me? | 你会告诉我吧 |
[04:28] | – Yes. – Good. | -是的 -好 |
[04:29] | Because if you did not, you would be in big trouble. | 如果你不照做 就等着我收拾你吧 |
[04:34] | Let me see you smile. | 让我看看你的笑容 |
[04:41] | You need to work on that. | 你还得好好练练 |
[04:48] | Hi, nice to meet you. | 嗨 很高兴见到你 |
[04:48] | Hello. How are you? | 你好 你好吗 |
[04:50] | I’m good. How’s tonight? | 我很好 今晚过得如何 |
[04:51] | It’s lovely, thank you. | 挺好的 谢谢你 |
[04:55] | – Douglas? – Yeah? | -道格拉斯 -嗯 |
[04:56] | Come over and sit next to me, honey. | 过来坐在我旁边 亲爱的 |
[04:59] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[05:08] | Knock it off! | 别拍啦 |
[05:12] | You’re home early. | 你今天回来得挺早啊 |
[05:14] | Ye. | 是哒 |
[05:15] | Everything okay? | 没事吧 |
[05:16] | Not really. Anything to eat in here? | 没啥事 有吃的吗 |
[05:18] | I thought you went out to dinner. | 我以为你在外面吃过了 |
[05:20] | Yeah, I thought so, too. | 我也是这么想的 |
[05:21] | You want to talk about it? | 想聊聊吗 |
[05:23] | Nope. | 不想 |
[05:24] | Grapes. | 吃葡萄吗 |
[05:25] | Good choice. | 很好吃哦 |
[05:28] | Sit here. | 坐这儿 |
[05:30] | Watch her right hand. It’s still got some snap. | 小心她的右手哦 小心抽你 |
[05:35] | So, tell me. | 讲吧 |
[05:36] | Oh, everything was fine. | 本来都挺好的 |
[05:38] | I was talking about how great her son is. | 我在说她儿子很棒 |
[05:39] | – I made one little critique and… – Stop. | -小小评价了一下 -停 |
[05:43] | What? | 怎么了 |
[05:44] | You’re wrong. | 你说错话了 |
[05:45] | I didn’t tell you what I said. | 我都还没给你讲我说了什么呢 |
[05:45] | It doesn’t matter what you said. | 你说什么都不重要 |
[05:48] | No single mother wants to hear | 没有一个单身母亲想听 |
[05:49] | her child be criticized by some random guy. | 别人随随便便评价她的孩子 |
[05:53] | I’m not random. | 但我也不是别人啊 |
[05:54] | In the eyes of God, you are. | 在她的眼中 你就是 |
[05:56] | We all are. | 我们都是 |
[05:57] | Okay, that was random. | 好吧 我是别人 |
[05:59] | A-And what I said was true. | 但我说的都是实话啊 |
[06:01] | Her kid’s depressed. She refuses to see it. | 她儿子很压抑 她却不想面对现实 |
[06:03] | Douglas? Tell him. | 道格拉斯 告诉他 |
[06:06] | Rule number one for dating single moms: | 与单亲妈妈约会第一法则 |
[06:08] | never give parenting advice. | 千万不要传授育儿经验 |
[06:09] | I mean, never. | 记住 永远 |
[06:11] | Even if the little guy’s in the basement | 即便是人孩子偷偷摸摸 |
[06:13] | making a suit out of human skin, you keep your mouth shut. | 用人皮做衣服 你也闭紧你的嘴 |
[06:18] | And yet you kept seeing his mother. | 而且你还得继续跟她约会 |
[06:23] | I’m going to sleep. | 我去睡了 |
[06:25] | Sweet dreams, sad man. | 好梦哦 忧伤的男人 |
[06:35] | Geez, I don’t even know I’m doing it. | 天 我都没意识到我在拍手 |
[06:37] | Well, now you know! | 现在你意识到了 |
[06:41] | 第二天 伍德沃德纪念医院 | |
[06:43] | Sounds like he’s just trying to help. | 听上去他不过是想帮忙而已 |
[06:45] | Hey, I don’t need his help. My son is fine. | 我不需要他的帮助 我儿子很好 |
[06:48] | Straight A’s and an honor stude. | 成绩优异 三好学生 |
[06:50] | And that’s all that matters. | 也对 |
[06:52] | What mother would not choose a smart, sad child | 哪个母亲不是宁愿选择要个忧郁但聪明的孩子 |
[06:54] | over a happy, dumb one? | 而不想要快乐但愚蠢的孩子呢 |
[06:57] | He is not sad. | 他不忧郁 |
[06:58] | Are you sure? | 你确定 |
[06:59] | ‘Cause every time I see him… | 因为每次我见到他的时候 |
[07:00] | He is not sad. | 他不忧郁 |
[07:03] | And why would he be? | 他怎么可能忧郁得起来 |
[07:07] | Ah, Chukwuemeka. | 楚库埃梅卡 |
[07:10] | The bee wants more honey. | 蜂仔子想要蜂蜜了 |
[07:12] | What? | 怎么了 |
[07:13] | He texts me all day long. | 他整天给会我发短信 |
[07:15] | Loves the emojis. Look. | 特别喜欢表情包 看 |
[07:18] | I miss you, Kemi. | 我想你了 凯米 |
[07:22] | Man, you really did a number on his head. | 他算是中了你的邪了 |
[07:24] | I did a lot of things on his head. | 我给了下了老多蛊了 |
[07:27] | I don’t understand. | 我不懂了 |
[07:28] | Do you like him or not? | 你到底喜不喜欢他 |
[07:29] | I like that he likes me. | 我喜欢他喜欢我 |
[07:31] | Kemi, that is not enough. | 凯米 你不能这样 |
[07:33] | Maybe I misspoke. | 我换种说法 |
[07:35] | When I said “He likes me,” I meant he worships me. | 我说的 他喜欢我 其实是他崇拜我 |
[07:38] | Oh, come on. | 谁信呢 |
[07:42] | Kemi, I worship you. | 凯米 我崇拜你 |
[07:47] | The only problem we have is his mother. | 我们俩唯一的问题就是他妈 |
[07:49] | She disapproves of me, | 她不同意我 |
[07:51] | so I have no choice but to keep seeing him. | 所以我只能继续跟他约会 |
[07:55] | Shouldn’t you respect her opinion? | 你难道不该尊重他妈的意见吗 |
[07:57] | I do respect it. That’s why I wait till after she’s asleep | 我尊重 所以我都是等她睡了再 |
[08:00] | before I sneak into her department | 偷偷溜进她家里面 |
[08:01] | and let him worship my brains out. | 给他儿子洗脑 |
[08:05] | So you can’t be making no noise. | 这样你们就得小声点了 |
[08:08] | No. And it’s not easy. | 是呀 真不容易 |
[08:09] | At the moment of truth, I have a tendency to squeak. | 说实话 我差点叫出声了 |
[08:13] | Oluwa mi o. | 我滴个神 |
[08:15] | Now, when you say “Squeak,” You mean like a dolphin | 你是说你差点叫出什么音了 海豚音 |
[08:17] | or like a mouse? | 还是老鼠 |
[08:18] | More like a leaky balloon. | 像一个漏气的气球 |
[08:29] | You wanted to see us, Mr. Wheeler? | 你叫我们吗 维勒先生 |
[08:31] | Yeah, guys, come on in, sit. | 是的 伙计们 进来 坐下吧 |
[08:33] | Is everything okay? | 没事吧 |
[08:35] | Not really. | 没什么事 |
[08:36] | ET – I-I got a personal problem. | 只是我的个人问题 |
[08:37] | – Oh, good. – It’s not good. | -那还好 -不好 |
[08:39] | That is what I said. | 我是说不好 |
[08:42] | Don’t mind him. | 别管他 |
[08:43] | He’s just relieved that we are not here as your employees. | 他很欣慰我们不是作为你的雇员 |
[08:46] | We are here as your buddies. | 而是你的朋友在这儿跟你聊 |
[08:48] | Yes. So, what is up, buddy? | 所以 到底啥事呀 朋友 |
[08:52] | Abishola’s mad at me | 艾比希拉在生我的气 |
[08:53] | ’cause I said she puts too much pressure on her kid. | 就因为我说她给她儿子太大压力了 |
[08:56] | And so now you need a new girlfriend. | 所以你现在要换女朋友 |
[08:59] | No, I just need to know how to fix it. | 不是的 我只是想问怎么弥补 |
[09:00] | And I just told you: | 所以我告诉你 |
[09:01] | get a new girlfriend. | 换个女朋友 |
[09:03] | Come on. It can’t be that bad. | 没那么严重吧 |
[09:05] | I’m afraid it is. | 恐怕有的 |
[09:06] | You have criticized the way | 你批评了一位 |
[09:07] | a Nigerian woman brings up her child. | 尼日利亚妇女教育她孩子的方式 |
[09:09] | As the saying goes, you have gone to the bathroom | 俗话说得好 你在人家 |
[09:12] | in the bed on this one. | 房间的床上上厕所 |
[09:14] | – Number two, Mr. Wheeler. – All right! | -而且还是上的大号 维勒先生 -好吧 |
[09:16] | It’s bad, I get it. | 很严重 我懂了 |
[09:19] | But there’s got to be some way to make it up to her. | 但肯定有办法去弥补啊 |
[09:20] | I mean, I was just looking out for the kid. | 我只是想告诉她我可以帮她照顾她的孩子 |
[09:22] | And some women appreciate that. | 有些女人可能觉得是好意 |
[09:24] | But none of them are Nigirian. | 但尼日利亚女人肯定不会这么想 |
[09:28] | I know. | 我知道了 |
[09:29] | You need to date a less stubborn woman. | 你得换个不那么固执的女人约会 |
[09:32] | Uh, maybe see if Match.Com | 试着去约会网站上找找 |
[09:34] | is offering any single ladies from the country of Ghana. | 有没有加纳的单身女士 |
[09:37] | Yes. As a people, they are very loosey-goosey. | 没错 那些人都差不多 |
[09:41] | I don’t want another African. | 我不想随便找个非洲人 |
[09:42] | I want Abishola. | 我想要艾比希拉 |
[09:45] | Bob, buddy. | 鲍勃 伙计 |
[09:48] | There comes a time when you have to move on. | 你总得要往前看的 |
[09:50] | And now is the time. | 现在正是时候 |
[09:51] | Mema wo tiri nkwa. | [特维语] |
[09:53] | That’s that? | 什么意思 |
[09:54] | “Good luck,” In Twi. | 特维语的”祝你好运” |
[09:56] | The language or your new Ghanaian girlfriend. | 你的新加纳女友的母语 |
[09:59] | Trust us. They’re the Canadians of Africa. | 相信我们 他们就是非洲的加拿大 |
[10:07] | …razing or heavily damaging 30 homes… | 严重破坏了30多幢… |
[10:09] | Dele, did you take out the trash? | 德勒 你把垃圾带出去了吗 |
[10:14] | Maybe he’s sleeping. | 也许他睡着了 |
[10:17] | Dele, did you take out the trash?! | 德勒 你把垃圾带出去了吗 |
[10:22] | Go and check. | 你去看看 |
[10:23] | There were a few people on the streets, | 辛辛那提教区市中心的 |
[10:25] | as the Cincinnati Archdiocese canceled classes | 两所罗马天主教学校已经停课 |
[10:28] | at two inner-city Roman Catholic schools. | 街上行人所剩无几 |
[10:30] | The police urge curiosity seekers… | 警察在此奉劝好奇的… |
[10:33] | He’s not there. | 他不在 |
[10:34] | – What do you mean he’s not there? – He is not there. | -什么叫他不在 -他不在 |
[10:36] | A-And the window to his om is wide open. | 他卧室的窗户大开着 |
[10:39] | So he has run away? | 他离家出走了吗 |
[10:40] | And increased our heating bill. | 还增加了我们的暖气费 |
[10:48] | Thank you for checking. | 谢谢你帮我去看了看 |
[10:49] | Sorry to bother you. | 抱歉打扰了 |
[10:51] | What about the Chinese girl he plays chess with? Call her. | 和他下象棋的那个中国女孩呢 打给她 |
[10:54] | You think he ran away to play chess? | 你觉得他离家出走去下象棋了吗 |
[10:56] | I think he ran away to play the Chinese girl. | 我觉得他离家出走去玩那个中国女孩了 |
[11:01] | – Has he called? – No. | -他打来电话了吗 -没有 |
[11:03] | Have you called the Chinese girl he plays chess with? | 你们有没有联系过和他一起下象棋的中国女孩 |
[11:07] | See? | 看 |
[11:11] | It’s open. | 门开着 |
[11:13] | – Hello. – Dele. | -你好 -德勒 |
[11:14] | Are you busy? Am I bothering you? | 你忙吗 我打扰你了吗 |
[11:16] | No, no, no. Come on in. | 不不不 请进 |
[11:18] | What are you doing here? | 你来做什么 |
[11:19] | – Are you with your mom? – No. | -你和你妈妈一起的吗 -没有 |
[11:21] | She’s at work. | 她在工作 |
[11:23] | Does she know you’re here? | 她知道你来了吗 |
[11:24] | No. | 不知道 |
[11:25] | Okay, what’s going on? | 好吧 出什么事了 |
[11:27] | I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[11:28] | You have to tell my mom I don’t want to be a doctor. | 你得和我妈妈说 我不想做医生 |
[11:32] | Well, couldn’t you make up something easier, | 你能不能挑点简单的活给我 |
[11:33] | like you got a chick pregnant? | 比如你把别人的肚子搞大了 |
[11:35] | I have to lie to her every day | 我每天都要骗她我长大后 |
[11:37] | about what I’ll be when I grow up. | 想成为怎样的人 |
[11:39] | And it makes me very sad. | 我真的很难受 |
[11:40] | Ha! I knew it. | 我就知道 |
[11:43] | – What? – Don’t worry about it. Here. | -什么 -这不重要 来 |
[11:46] | Here’s the thing. | 是这样的 |
[11:49] | I want to help you. I-I really do. | 我想帮你 真的 |
[11:51] | But do you know the phrase “Don’t shoot the messenger”? | 但是你知道”不斩来使”吗 |
[11:54] | – No. – Basically it means I’m not gonna tell her. | -不知道 -基本就是说我不会告诉她 |
[11:57] | Please, Bob. | 求你了 鲍勃 |
[12:00] | Well, how about we soften the blow? | 那不如我们放缓一些 |
[12:02] | I-Is there anything else | 你有没有想成为别的 |
[12:04] | you-you want to be she might support? | 能得到她支持的人 |
[12:06] | You know, like a lawyer, an accountant, an engineer. | 比如律师 会计 工程师之类的 |
[12:08] | I want to be a dance choreographer. | 我想做一名编舞 |
[12:10] | Aw, dude, that is not on her list. | 哥们 这绝对不是她的首选 |
[12:13] | No, it is not. | 没错 |
[12:15] | Just so we’re clear, | 我们先说清楚 |
[12:15] | we’re talking about musical theater, | 你说的是在音乐剧剧院里 |
[12:17] | with all the jumping around and people singing | 让人唱着跳着 |
[12:19] | what they’re thinking? | 自己的想法 |
[12:20] | Yes. | 没错 |
[12:24] | What if we start by telling her you got a chick pregnant, | 不如我们先和她说 你把人搞大肚子了 |
[12:27] | then we pull the old switcheroo? | 然后再给她说这个坏消息 |
[12:31] | Dele! | 德勒 |
[12:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:34] | Okay, Auntie, call me the second you hear from him. | 阿姨 你有他的消息就打给我 |
[12:37] | Dele | 德勒 |
[12:39] | Dele! | 德勒 |
[12:41] | Ah, maybe he went to see Kemi. | 也许他去见凯米了 |
[12:46] | Yes, what is it? | 什么事 |
[12:47] | Have you talked to Dele? | 你和德勒说过话吗 |
[12:48] | No, I haven’t. | 我没有 |
[12:49] | Why are you whispering? | 你为什么小声说话 |
[12:50] | I’m on a date. Hold on. | 我在约会呢 等等 |
[12:53] | Yes, Mummy, what? | 妈妈 怎么了 |
[12:55] | Is someone in here with you? | 有人和你一起在里面吗 |
[12:56] | – No. – I thought I heard voices, | -没有 -我好像听到了什么声音 |
[12:58] | and then a squeaking sound. | 还有一声尖叫 |
[13:01] | No, it’s just me. | 不 只有我 |
[13:02] | Come, let’s talk in the kitchen. | 走吧 我们去厨房说 |
[13:03] | – I’m hungry. – It sounded like a leaky balloon. | -我饿了 -听上去像是漏气的气球 |
[13:09] | Okay, so why would Dele be calling me? | 那德勒为什么会打给我 |
[13:11] | He snuck out of the house and went down the fire escape. | 他从我们家的防火梯跑了 |
[13:15] | The fire escape? | 防火梯 |
[13:18] | That’s good. | 真妙 |
[13:20] | Why is that good? | 为什么很妙 |
[13:21] | It might not be. I don’t know yet. | 不一定 我还不知道 |
[13:24] | What are you talking about, Kemi? | 你到底在说什么 凯米 |
[13:29] | Don’t worry, he’s a good boy. He will show up. | 别担心 他是个好孩子 他会回来的 |
[13:32] | He’s probably at the library studying. | 他可能正在图书馆学习呢 |
[13:34] | You think so? | 你这么觉得吗 |
[13:36] | Either that, | 不然的话 |
[13:37] | or he’s playing chess with that Chinese girl. | 他就是在和那个中国女孩下象棋 |
[13:40] | All right, all right, I’ll let you know | 好吧 好吧 等我有他的消息 |
[13:42] | when I’ve heard from him. Goodbye. | 就联系你 再见 |
[13:44] | How late is the library open? | 图书馆开门到什么时候 |
[13:48] | Bob, I can’t talk right now… | 鲍勃 我现在没办法和你… |
[13:51] | What? | 什么 |
[13:54] | Okay, we’ll be right there. | 好吧 我们马上来 |
[13:56] | He’s at Bob’s work. | 他在鲍勃的办公室 |
[13:58] | What’s he doing there? | 他去那里干什么 |
[13:59] | I don’t know. Let’s just go. | 我不知道 去了就知道了 |
[14:02] | This has turned into a very exciting night. | 今晚真是太刺激了 |
[14:06] | What? It has. | 怎么了 就是嘛 |
[14:22] | You’re really talented. | 你真的很有天赋 |
[14:24] | I know. | 我知道 |
[14:27] | And your mom doesn’t have a clue? | 你妈妈根本不知道吗 |
[14:28] | I’ve been very careful. | 我一直很小心 |
[14:30] | Respect. | 佩服 |
[14:32] | All right, when she gets here, | 好吧 等她来了 |
[14:34] | let me talk first. | 让我先说 |
[14:36] | What will you say? | 你要说什么 |
[14:37] | I don’t know, probably something I’ll regret. | 不知道 可能是会让我后悔的话 |
[14:41] | But I do understand where you’re coming from. | 但我明白你经历的这个阶段 |
[14:43] | You know, when I was your age, I had a dream, too. | 我在你这个年纪的时候也有梦想 |
[14:46] | You didn’t always want to make socks? | 你不是一直都想做袜子吗 |
[14:47] | Don’t be a wise guy. | 别装睿智 |
[14:50] | I wanted to be a pro football announcer, | 我想做一名专业橄榄球解说 |
[14:51] | like John Madden or Al Michaels. | 就像约翰·马登或阿尔·迈克尔斯 |
[14:53] | I mean, how cool would it be to make a living | 能靠看你喜欢的比赛并夸夸而谈为生 |
[14:55] | watching a game you love and talking about it? | 那是多棒的感受啊 |
[14:58] | – Well, why didn’t you? – I did for a while in college. | -那你为什么不这么做呢 -我在大学做过一阵子 |
[15:00] | I was good at it, too. | 我当时还挺厉害的 |
[15:02] | But then my dad died, | 但后来我爸爸去世了 |
[15:04] | and I had to come home and run the business. | 我只能回家接管事业 |
[15:07] | That’s very sad. | 真可惜 |
[15:08] | Yeah, well, that’s life. | 那就是人生 |
[15:10] | Sometimes you just have to suck it up | 有时候你只能忍气吞声 |
[15:12] | and do what you gotta do. | 做你该做的事 |
[15:15] | So you think I should be a doctor. | 所以你觉得我该当医生 |
[15:18] | No. | 不 |
[15:19] | I think you got to chase your dream | 我觉得你要尽你所能 |
[15:20] | as long as you can. | 追寻你的梦想 |
[15:22] | Thanks, Bob. | 谢谢你 鲍勃 |
[15:24] | And just so we’re clear, if your mom asks | 我们先说清楚 如果你妈妈问起 |
[15:25] | if I encouraged you, I’m gonna lie my ass off. | 我有没有鼓励你 我绝对会撒谎 |
[15:29] | Respect. | 佩服 |
[15:30] | All right. | 好吧 |
[15:35] | Where is he? | 他在哪里 |
[15:36] | He’s okay. He’s in my office having a snack. | 他没事 他在我的办公室里吃零食 |
[15:38] | Why did he come to you? | 他为什么来找你 |
[15:40] | Uh, the truth? ‘Cause he couldn’t go to you. | 要听真话吗 因为他不能来找你 |
[15:44] | Why not? I’m his mother. | 为什么 我是他的妈妈 |
[15:45] | He knows I love him more than my own life. | 他知道我爱他甚过我自己的命 |
[15:49] | Does he? | 是吗 |
[15:50] | – What? – Oh, Bob. | -什么 -鲍勃啊 |
[15:52] | All right, we all just need to stay calm. | 好吧 我们都得冷静一下 |
[15:54] | – Don’t tell me to stay calm! – See, that’s the problem. | -别叫我冷静 -看 这就是问题 |
[15:57] | I can’t tell you anything! | 我没法和你说任何事 |
[15:59] | Nobody can. | 没人可以 |
[16:00] | Oh, Bob. | 鲍勃啊 |
[16:02] | Remember when I said I thought Dele was a little sad? | 你还记得我说过我觉得德勒看上去有点抑郁吗 |
[16:05] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[16:07] | I don’t want to say I was right, | 我不想说我说得没错 |
[16:08] | because you are not now and have never been wrong. | 因为你现在 也从来没有错过 |
[16:13] | But your son doesn’t want to be a doctor. | 但是你儿子不想做医生 |
[16:15] | Yes, he does. | 他想 |
[16:17] | That settles it. I’ll get the boy. | 解决了 我去接孩子 |
[16:19] | Look, hang on, Tunde. | 等等 通德 |
[16:21] | I’m trying to help you. | 我是想帮你 |
[16:24] | The reason Dele is miserable | 德勒很痛苦 |
[16:26] | is because what you want for him | 是因为你对他的期待 |
[16:28] | is not where his heart is. | 不是他内心想要的 |
[16:30] | Who cares where his heart is? | 谁在乎他内心要什么 |
[16:31] | Well, in Nigeria, maybe nobody. | 尼日利亚可能没人在乎 |
[16:34] | But he’s an American now, | 但他现在是美国人了 |
[16:36] | and we’re real big on having dreams and stuff. | 我们很看重梦想之类的东西 |
[16:38] | Eh. And has he told you about these dreams of his? | 他和你说过他的梦想吗 |
[16:41] | Uh, yeah, it came up. | 他说过 |
[16:44] | What are they? What are they?! | 那是什么 那是什么 |
[16:48] | You know, I think it’s best you heard from him. | 我觉得最好让他自己和你说 |
[17:31] | So, how long have you been practicing behind my back? | 你背着我练习了多久 |
[17:36] | Three years. | 三年 |
[17:37] | Oh, Dele. | 德勒 |
[17:40] | Tell me, how does a person make money | 告诉我 这种跳舞编舞的人 |
[17:42] | doing this dancing and choreography? | 怎么赚钱 |
[17:44] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[17:45] | It just makes me happy. | 这能让我快乐 |
[17:47] | “Happy.” | 快乐 |
[17:49] | You are an American. | 你是美国人 |
[17:52] | I think the important thing here is the two of you | 我觉得现在最重要的是你们俩 |
[17:54] | – are communicating openly and honestly. – Bob? | -开诚布公地谈谈 -鲍勃 |
[17:56] | Zip it. | 闭嘴 |
[17:58] | Yes, you should zip it. | 没错 你是该闭嘴 |
[18:00] | I’m still angry with you. | 我对你还是很生气 |
[18:02] | Sure. Dele, you and me are good, right? | 好吧 德勒 你和我没事吧 |
[18:03] | Bob! | 鲍勃 |
[18:08] | Here’s what you will do. | 你接下来要这么做 |
[18:10] | You will go to college and study medicine | 你要去上大学 学习医药 |
[18:12] | and this nonsense. | 还有这些胡搞 |
[18:15] | And when you graduate, | 等你毕业了 |
[18:16] | you and I will sit down together, | 我们俩再坐下来 |
[18:17] | and I will decide what is next. | 我会决定接下来怎么办 |
[18:20] | Thank you, Mum. That’s wonderful. | 谢谢你 妈妈 太好了 |
[18:22] | You’re happy with that? | 你开心了吗 |
[18:23] | Oh, Bob. | 鲍勃啊 |
[18:27] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[18:28] | Let’s go home. | 回家吧 |
[18:29] | Uh, Abishola, y-you and me, we’re back on, right? | 艾比希拉 我们俩和好了吧 |
[18:32] | Maybe have that dinner? | 也许一起吃晚餐 |
[18:34] | Hello? | 喂 |
[18:36] | You’ll call me? | 你会给我电话吧 |
[18:40] | She’ll call. | 她会给我电话的 |
[19:16] | Chukwuemeka! | 楚库埃梅卡 |