时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | That is a sexy pharmacist. | 真是个性感的药剂师 |
[00:07] | I’d like to take him twice a day | 我愿意空腹 |
[00:09] | on an empty stomach. | 每天干他两次 |
[00:12] | Kemi. | 凯米 |
[00:13] | Please, eh? Don’t. | 拜托 别这样 |
[00:14] | Don’t what? Be happy for you? | 别哪样 为你开心吗 |
[00:15] | I am just here to pick up a prescription. | 我只是来这里拿药 |
[00:18] | You can lie to yourself, but don’t lie to me. | 你可以骗自己 但别骗我 |
[00:26] | Okay. On the one side we have the Bob. | 好 这边是鲍勃 |
[00:28] | On the other side we have Chukwuemeka. | 这边是楚库埃梅卡 |
[00:30] | – We don’t need to do this. – We shouldn’t need to do this, | -我们不用这么做 -我们不应该需要这么做 |
[00:33] | but this way you will know for sure. | 但这样我们才能确定 |
[00:34] | – I know for sure. – You are wrong. | -我很确定 -你错了 |
[00:37] | Let’s start simple. | 我们从简单的开始 |
[00:39] | Nigerian. That’s easy. | 尼日利亚人 这个简单 |
[00:41] | Check mark for Chukwuemeka. | 楚库埃梅卡得一分 |
[00:43] | One to nothing. | 一比零 |
[00:44] | This is a stupid game. ? | 这游戏真蠢 |
[00:46] | Handsomeness. Another check mark for Chukwuemeka. | 帅气 楚库埃梅卡再得一分 |
[00:50] | Perfectly shaped head. | 形状完美的头 |
[00:51] | Double check. | 再得一分 |
[00:53] | Bob is handsome. | 鲍勃也很帅 |
[00:55] | Compared to what? | 跟什么比 |
[00:56] | Okay, well, what about “I like him”? | 好吧 那”我喜欢他”呢 |
[00:59] | What about “He’s not boring”? | 那”他不无聊”呢 |
[01:01] | And what about “He makes me laugh”? | 那”他逗我笑”呢 |
[01:03] | Write those checks down. | 把这些得分项写下来 |
[01:05] | I will give you the laugh one. | 逗你笑可以加一分 |
[01:06] | The other ones, not important. | 其他的 不重要 |
[01:09] | Funny. Check. | 有趣 得一分 |
[01:12] | Bob is still losing very badly. | 鲍勃还是远远落后 |
[01:15] | Eh, he’s a winner to me. | 他对我来说是赢家 |
[01:18] | So that is it. | 那就定了 |
[01:20] | – You have made your choice. – I have. | -你已经做出决定了 -没错 |
[01:21] | – You are sure. – Yes. | -你确定 -对 |
[01:22] | – It is Bob. – Yes. | -你选鲍勃 -对 |
[01:23] | – Not Chukwuemeka. – Yes! | -不是楚库埃梅卡 -没错 |
[01:25] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:28] | Where are you going? This is not your stop. | 你要去哪里 你不是这站下 |
[01:30] | I have an errand to run. | 我有事 |
[01:31] | – What errand? – Abishola, | -什么事 -艾比希拉 |
[01:33] | I stay out of your business, you stay out of mine. | 我不管你的事 你也别管我的事 |
[01:40] | Next? | 下一位 |
[01:41] | E karo, Chukwuemeka. | 你好啊 楚库埃梅卡 |
[02:08] | Yeah, I can see how that could be an issue. | 嗯 我明白这是个问题 |
[02:10] | Who’s he talking to? | 他在和谁说话 |
[02:11] | Family lawyer. | 家庭律师 |
[02:13] | Same guy we use for my little problem? | 就是解决我小麻烦的那个 |
[02:16] | No, that was a criminal lawyer. | 不是 你那是刑事律师 |
[02:19] | Makes you feel superior to me, doesn’t it? | 你觉得自己高我一等 对吧 |
[02:21] | Well, between the two of us, I’m still welcome in Canada. | 跟你比的话 我还能去加拿大 |
[02:25] | All right, I’ll talk to her. Thanks again. | 好 我会跟她谈谈 再次感谢 |
[02:27] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[02:28] | Mom never made a will. | 妈妈没有立遗嘱 |
[02:30] | That’s no good. | 这不太好 |
[02:31] | No, it is not. | 对 的确不好 |
[02:32] | If she died, what would happen? | 如果她死了 会发生什么 |
[02:35] | Speaking for myself, I’d be heartbroken. | 就我而言 我会心碎不已 |
[02:37] | Goes without saying. | 那是肯定的 |
[02:38] | What else would happen? | 还会发生什么 |
[02:41] | Well, for starters, we might have to sell the company | 首先 我们可能需要把公司卖了 |
[02:43] | to pay the taxes on the company. | 来支付公司的税 |
[02:45] | That’s not fair. | 那不公平 |
[02:47] | You should call the IRS and tell them that. | 你应该打电话给国税局告诉他们 |
[02:50] | There’s no need to talk to me like I’m a child. | 没必要像对小孩一样跟我说话 |
[02:52] | Then stop talking like one. | 那你就别像小孩一样说话 |
[02:53] | “Stop talking like one.” | “别像小孩一样说话” |
[02:56] | What’s the big deal? | 那有什么难的 |
[02:56] | So we tell Mom to make a will. | 让妈妈立个遗嘱就行了 |
[02:59] | Are you volunteering? | 你自愿去吗 |
[03:01] | – Sure. Why not? ?- Great. | -行啊 有何不可 -好极了 |
[03:03] | Go tell our mother, who’s recovering from a stroke, | 去告诉我们刚经历过中风的母亲 |
[03:05] | that she has to make plans for when she’s dead. | 她必须为自己死后做准备 |
[03:08] | Well, for one thing, I wouldn’t say “Dead.” | 好吧 首先我不会说”死后” |
[03:11] | And what would you say? | 那你会说什么 |
[03:12] | I don’t know, something more poetic, | 我不知道 说些有诗意的 |
[03:14] | like, “Shuffling off the mortal coil.” | 比如 “摆脱凡人的束缚” |
[03:17] | Did you just come up with that? | 你是刚想出来的吗 |
[03:19] | – Shakespeare. – Oh, yeah. | -引用莎士比亚 -没错 |
[03:21] | He’s good. | 他好厉害 |
[03:24] | Well, go ahead, then. Go tell Mom | 那你去吧 去告诉妈妈 |
[03:25] | she needs to make some plans before she shuffles. | 她需要在自己摆脱凡人前立遗嘱 |
[03:29] | Fine. | 行 |
[03:33] | Okay, you called my bluff. I don’t want to. | 行啦 被你抓到我是口嗨 我不想去 |
[03:36] | That’s what I thought. I’ll take care of it. | 我就知道 我去解决 |
[03:39] | So the “Mortal coil” is, like, your body? | 那”凡人的束缚” 是指身体吗 |
[03:42] | Yeah. | 对 |
[03:44] | That’s very cool. | 这比喻太酷了 |
[03:48] | Can we talk? | 我们能谈谈吗 |
[03:49] | Well, it’s not like I can run away. | 反正我也不会逃走 |
[03:53] | Hey, I owe you an apology. | 我欠你一个道歉 |
[03:55] | Really? For what? | 真的吗 为什么 |
[03:57] | I saw this thing on the news | 我在新闻里看到的 |
[03:59] | about baby powder causing cancer. | 说婴儿爽身粉会引起癌症 |
[04:01] | Yeah, so? | 嗯 所以呢 |
[04:02] | When you were little, I used that stuff every day. | 在你小时候 我每天都用 |
[04:05] | Dipped you in it like you were a powdered doughnut. | 把你在粉里蘸蘸 仿佛你是个糖粉甜甜圈 |
[04:09] | So, sorry. | 所以对不起 |
[04:10] | Eh, you didn’t know. | 你之前不知道 |
[04:12] | Now, the smoking when you were pregnant, | 但是怀孕时抽烟 |
[04:14] | that’s something you knew about. | 这个坏处你是懂的 |
[04:15] | What can I tell you? I didn’t want a big baby. | 我能说什么 我不想生个巨婴 |
[04:19] | Clearly didn’t stunt your growth. | 显然也没能阻止你疯长 |
[04:24] | Thanks for making this easier. | 谢了啊 让接下去的谈话变得容易 |
[04:27] | I was just talking to Goldfischer. | 我之前和戈德菲舍尔通话了 |
[04:28] | Our Jew lawyer? | 我们的犹太律师 |
[04:29] | – Mom! – What? | -妈妈 -怎么了 |
[04:30] | He says it. | 他自己也这么说 |
[04:32] | Listen to my phone messages. | 听听我的电话留言 |
[04:34] | “Hi. It’s Arnie Goldfischer, your favorite Jew lawyer.” | “我是阿尼·戈德菲舍尔 你最爱的犹太律师” |
[04:38] | He can say it; you can’t. | 他可以这么说 你不可以 |
[04:39] | ?Hey, I was at his kid’s bar mitzvah. Gave him 500 bucks. | 我去参加他孩子的成人礼了 还给了他五百美元 |
[04:43] | The little pisher never sent me a thank-you card. | 那个铁公鸡连感谢卡都没给我写 |
[04:47] | Still can’t say it. | 依然不能这么说 |
[04:48] | All right! | 好吧 |
[04:51] | He has informed me that despite his best efforts, | 他说尽管他已经尽了最大努力 |
[04:54] | you have refused to make out a will. | 你依然拒绝立遗嘱 |
[04:56] | Really? You want to talk about this now? | 真的假的 你想现在谈这个事 |
[04:59] | Look at me. I’m like a marionette with a broken string. | 看看我 我就像个断了线的木偶 |
[05:04] | I know it’s an uncomfortable subject, | 我知道这不是个让人舒服的话题 |
[05:06] | but we would have a hard time holding on to this business | 但到时接管生意会变得很艰难 |
[05:08] | if you were to suddenly… | 如果你突然 |
[05:12] | shuffle off your mortal coil. | 摆脱了凡人的束缚 |
[05:16] | Shakespeare. | 莎士比亚 |
[05:18] | Nice. | 漂亮 |
[05:20] | So if I were to write up this will, | 所以如果我要立遗嘱 |
[05:22] | what do you think would be fair? | 你觉得怎样立才公平 |
[05:24] | Split up the company equally | 把公司平分给 |
[05:25] | between you, Christina and Douglas? | 你 克里斯汀娜和道格拉斯吗 |
[05:27] | Well, I mean, yeah, traditionally, | 我是说 是的 按照惯例 |
[05:29] | that would be the way to go. | 理应如此 |
[05:30] | But you got to take into account | 但是你也得考虑 |
[05:32] | the reality of the current management structure. | 公司现行管理层的实际情况 |
[05:35] | Oh, just spill it. | 得了吧 |
[05:36] | Douglas and Christina are dead weight. | 道格拉斯和克里斯汀娜无足轻重 |
[05:38] | You need to give me control of the company. | 你得给我公司的管理权 |
[05:41] | Attaboy. | 真是好样的 |
[05:43] | All right, let me think on it. | 好吧 让我想考虑一下 |
[05:45] | What’s to think about? | 有什么好考虑的 |
[05:47] | Bob… | 鲍勃 |
[05:48] | while my children may not be equal, | 也许我的孩子们不尽相同 |
[05:51] | I love them equally. | 但我对他们的爱是同等的 |
[05:54] | Well, that’s a beautiful sentiment. | 这是种美好的情感 |
[05:56] | Oh, good, you believe me. | 很好 你信我了 |
[05:59] | Now go call Goldfischer | 现在打给戈德菲舍尔 |
[06:01] | and tell him to come by next week. | 让他下周过来 |
[06:03] | Unless it’s one of his holidays. | 除非他又休假 |
[06:17] | How you feel about Puerto Rican cops? | 你觉得波多黎各警察怎么样 |
[06:20] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[06:21] | My husband’s partner just got divorced, | 我丈夫的搭档刚离婚 |
[06:23] | and he’s looking to get back on the horse. | 他想重新回到马背上[找对象结婚] |
[06:26] | And I would be the horse? | 我会是那匹马 |
[06:29] | Only if you like grown men with braces. | 要是你喜欢带着支具的成年人 |
[06:32] | On his teeth or his legs? | 牙套还是腿部支架 |
[06:34] | His teeth. He was a thumb-sucker as a child. | 牙套 他小时候爱吮吸拇指 |
[06:38] | He sounds quite wonderful, | 他听上去挺不错 |
[06:39] | but I’m trying to make it work with Bob. | 但我正试着跟鲍勃在一起 |
[06:41] | No hurry. I’m guessing he’ll be single for a while. | 别急 我猜他会单身一阵 |
[06:45] | – Hello. – Hey. | -你们好 -你好 |
[06:46] | Were you able to run your errands? | 你的事情办好了吗 |
[06:48] | What? | 什么 |
[06:49] | Oh, yes, yes. | 哦 是 是 |
[06:51] | He’s also a year away from retirement, | 他也还有一年退休 |
[06:52] | so you’d get a pension and a Winnebago. | 所以你会得到退休金和一辆温尼巴格房车 |
[06:56] | Again, thank you, but I’m sticking with Bob. | 再一次 谢谢 但我和鲍勃在一起 |
[06:59] | That reminds me. | 这倒提醒我了 |
[07:00] | Since you are no longer interested in Chukwuemeka, | 既然你对楚库埃梅卡不再感兴趣 |
[07:02] | what would you think if I set him up with somebody else? | 如果我把他介绍给别人 你作何感想 |
[07:04] | Why would you do that? He’s so boring and arrogant. | 你何必如此 他既烦人又自大 |
[07:07] | Yes, you are right. But maybe there’s | 是 你说得对 但没准 |
[07:09] | a woman out there who can see past those flaws. | 有人能忽略那些缺点 |
[07:12] | Someone with a lot of love to give | 一个能给予很多爱 |
[07:14] | and enough frequent flyer miles to take him to Aruba. | 和足够飞行里程的人带他去阿鲁巴岛 |
[07:19] | Are you interested in him? | 你对他感兴趣 |
[07:20] | Me? No. I was thinking of somebody else. | 我 没有 我在想别人 |
[07:23] | Kemi. | 凯米 |
[07:24] | Well, maybe. | 也许吧 |
[07:25] | I haven’t given it much thought. | 我还没想那么多 |
[07:27] | Either way, I wouldn’t do anything | 无论如何 知会你之前 |
[07:29] | without talking to you first. | 我不会轻举妄动 |
[07:30] | If it’s somebody else, I don’t care. | 如果是别人 我不在意 |
[07:33] | And if it is me? | 如果是我呢 |
[07:36] | To be honest, I don’t think I’ll feel comfortable with that. | 说实话 我不觉得那样会让我舒服 |
[07:39] | Yes, of course. Good. | 没错 当然 好的 |
[07:41] | And you have to be honest. | 你得实话实说 |
[07:42] | Honesty is best. | 诚实至上 |
[07:48] | It is me. | 是我 |
[07:49] | – I knew it. ?- There it is. | -我就知道 -就是这样 |
[07:51] | Calm down, everybody. | 冷静 各位 |
[07:51] | Nothing has happened yet. | 什么事都还没发生 |
[07:53] | – Did he ask you out? – He did. | -他约你了 -他约了 |
[07:55] | But I told him I didn’t want to upset you | 但我跟他说 我不想让你失望 |
[07:57] | and I would talk to you first. | 所以会事先告知你 |
[07:58] | – It will not upset me. – You said it would. | -这不会让我失望 -你说了会 |
[08:00] | I said it would make me uncomfortable. | 我说这会让我不舒服 |
[08:02] | You said that, but your face was upset. | 你是那样说的 可你满脸失望 |
[08:06] | Well, if you’re asking my permission, I say no. | 如果你在征求我的同意 答案是不行 |
[08:09] | You are my best friend. | 你是我最好的朋友 |
[08:10] | It would be too strange. | 这样太奇怪了 |
[08:12] | Okay. Well, then that is the end of it. | 好吧 那就到此为止 |
[08:14] | Yes, then that is the end of it. | 对 到此为止 |
[08:20] | Is not actually the end. | 其实还没到此为止 |
[08:22] | Oh, Mother Mary! | 圣母玛利亚 |
[08:24] | You agreed to go out with him? | 你答应他的邀约了 |
[08:26] | So you lied to me. | 所以你骗我 |
[08:28] | I was slow in telling you the truth. | 我只是坦白得有点晚 |
[08:32] | Now I am upset. | 现在我很失望 |
[08:39] | How you feel about Puerto Rican cops? | 你觉得波多黎各警察怎么样 |
[08:47] | Christina! | 克里斯汀娜 |
[08:49] | Come in here! | 过来 |
[08:51] | Aw, damn. | 可恶 |
[08:57] | Get a move on! | 赶快 |
[09:02] | Is everything okay? | 一切都好吗 |
[09:03] | No. Come on in. Close the door. | 不好 进来 关门 |
[09:08] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[09:11] | I don’t know if Bob told you, | 不知道鲍勃跟你说了没 |
[09:12] | but I am drawing up a will. | 我正在草拟遗嘱 |
[09:14] | Oh, Mom, no, I-I don’t want to talk about that. | 妈妈 不 我不想聊这个 |
[09:17] | You’re gonna live a long, long time. | 你会长长 久久地活着 |
[09:20] | I can’t imagine a world where you’re not a part | 我没法想象一个每天都没有你在 |
[09:22] | – of my every day… – ?Shut up. | -的世界 -闭嘴 |
[09:25] | Before I die… | 我死之前 |
[09:26] | Can we please use a different word? | 你能换个别的词吗 |
[09:28] | Honey, I just said “Shut up.” | 亲爱的 我说了 “闭嘴” |
[09:32] | Before I die, I want to know | 我死之前 我想知道 |
[09:35] | the company that your father and I built is in good hands. | 我和你爸建立的公司有合适的接班人 |
[09:39] | You mean Bob? | 你是说鲍勃 |
[09:40] | I mean you. | 我是说你 |
[09:42] | What? | 什么 |
[09:42] | You heard me. | 你听到了 |
[09:44] | You want me to run the company? | 你想让我接管公司 |
[09:46] | Oh, Mom, I-I don’t think I’m ready. | 妈妈 我 我不觉得我准备好了 |
[09:48] | You’re not. | 你是没准备好 |
[09:51] | But with the time I have remaining, | 但在我剩下的时间里 |
[09:53] | I could groom you for the job. | 我会让你变得能胜任这份工作 |
[09:56] | – Really? – ?Really. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[09:58] | Sweetheart, | 宝贝 |
[09:59] | I see a lot of me in you. | 在你身上我看到了很多我的影子 |
[10:02] | I feel a lot of you in me. | 我也能感觉很多你的存在 |
[10:06] | So we just need to get you ready to be a leader. | 我们只需让你做好成为领导者的准备 |
[10:09] | – Okay. – A boss. | -好的 -成为老板 |
[10:11] | – Great. – It’s not gonna be easy. | -太棒了 -但这可不容易办到 |
[10:13] | You have to do exactly what I say. | 你必须照我说的做 |
[10:15] | Of course. | 当然 |
[10:16] | For starters, you want people to respect you, | 首先 你想让大家尊重你 |
[10:19] | you need to respect yourself. | 你就得先尊重自己 |
[10:20] | So no more whoring around. | 所以不要再到处乱搞了 |
[10:23] | Oh, Mom, you can’t say that. | 妈妈 你不能这么说 |
[10:26] | That’s called slut-shaming. | 那是荡妇羞辱 |
[10:27] | Then stop being a slut. | 那就别再当荡妇了 |
[10:30] | And for God’s sake, | 还有 我真是求你了 |
[10:31] | no more dating musicians. | 别再和音乐家约会了 |
[10:33] | From now on, you only go out | 从现在起 你只能和那些 |
[10:35] | with guys who are capable of taking care of you, | 有能力照顾你的人约会 |
[10:37] | not the other way around. | 别再弄反了 |
[10:39] | Would a deejay be considered a musician? | 流行乐播音员是音乐家吗 |
[10:41] | – Yes. – Rats. | -是的 -胡扯 |
[10:43] | So, do we have a deal? | 我们就这么说定了吗 |
[10:45] | You do exactly as I tell you, | 你照我说的做 |
[10:47] | and in my will, I will make you | 我的遗嘱里 我会让你成为 |
[10:50] | majority shareholder and president | 麦克斯多特治疗袜的 |
[10:53] | of MaxDot Therapeutic Hosiery. | 大股东和总裁 |
[10:56] | What about Bob and Douglas? | 那鲍勃和道格拉斯呢 |
[10:58] | This has to stay between you and me. | 这事只有你知我知 |
[11:00] | They don’t need to know till after I’m gone. | 我去世后他们才会知道 |
[11:03] | You’ll never be gone in my heart. | 你永远活在我的心里 |
[11:06] | Okay, great. | 好的 很好 |
[11:09] | Now, | 现在 |
[11:10] | before we talk about your clown makeup, | 在我们谈论你的小丑妆之前 |
[11:14] | I need you to run over to my house. | 我要你到我家去 |
[11:16] | And in my nightstand, next to my bed, | 在我床边的床头柜里 |
[11:19] | is a… | 有一个 |
[11:22] | let’s call it a “Back massager.” | 我们就叫它 背部按摩器 |
[11:25] | Check the batteries and bring it to me. | 看看电池有没有电 然后给我带过来 |
[11:27] | If your back is hurting, I can work on it for you. | 如果你背疼 我可以帮你按摩 |
[11:32] | No, you really can’t. | 不 你肯定不行 |
[11:35] | Now go. | 现在就去 |
[11:37] | I just want to thank you for this opportunity | 我只想感谢你给我这个机会 |
[11:39] | and for believing in me… | 因为相信我 |
[11:40] | Go! | 快去 |
[11:47] | Hey, Siri. | 智能语音助手 |
[11:48] | Call Douglas Wheeler. | 给道格拉斯·维勒打电话 |
[12:06] | Really? | 你来真的吗 |
[12:08] | You are being very foolish. | 你真是太小气了 |
[12:11] | I’m just going to keep talking until you talk back. | 我会一直说到你回话 |
[12:16] | All these people will know our business. | 车上所有人都会知道我们的事 |
[12:21] | Okay, then. | 好吧 那么 |
[12:23] | Yes, I should’ve asked you first about dating Chukwuemeka, | 是的 我应该先问你和楚库埃梅卡约会的事 |
[12:27] | but I didn’t think you’d care. | 但我觉得你不在乎 |
[12:29] | You were afraid I would say no. | 你怕我说不行 |
[12:33] | I was afraid you’d say no. | 我怕你会说不行 |
[12:34] | Is anybody sitting there? | 那个座位有人吗 |
[12:36] | She’s sitting there. Are you blind? | 她在这坐着 你瞎了吗 |
[12:42] | Look at it from my viewpoint. | 在我看来 |
[12:44] | There is a single Nigerian man with a good job | 这个尼日利亚单身汉有份好工作 |
[12:46] | and a 32-inch waistline. | 腰围三十二英寸 |
[12:48] | Yes, he’s from the Igbo tribe, and that is unfortunate, | 没错 不好的一点是他来自伊博部落 |
[12:51] | but he’s still Nigerian. | 但他还是尼日利亚人 |
[12:53] | Which, in Detroit, is nothing to blow your nose at. | 在底特律 这没什么嗤之以鼻的 |
[12:57] | You went behind my back. | 但你却背着我 |
[12:59] | What kind of friend does that? | 那算是什么朋友 |
[13:02] | A lonely friend. | 孤独的朋友 |
[13:04] | A friend with a dead husband. | 一个丈夫已经过世的朋友 |
[13:06] | She’s really not sitting there. | 她真的没坐在那儿 |
[13:07] | Yes, she is! | 是的 她坐着呢 |
[13:12] | Abishola, | 艾比希拉 |
[13:13] | please forgive me. | 请原谅我 |
[13:15] | I don’t care about who you date. | 我不在乎你和谁约会 |
[13:16] | I care about you lying to me. | 我在乎的是你对我撒谎 |
[13:20] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪里 |
[13:21] | Oh, I have to run some errands. | 我有点事 |
[13:27] | Now can I sit there? | 我现在可以坐那了吗 |
[13:29] | Do whatever you want. | 想坐就坐 |
[13:35] | So, this guy you guys are fighting over, is he hot? | 你们争的那个人 他性感吗 |
[13:41] | I’ll stand. | 我还是站着吧 |
[13:44] | So, we have an agreement? | 那我们达成协议了吗 |
[13:46] | You go back to school | 你回学校 |
[13:48] | and get a business degree. | 取得商务学位 |
[13:50] | Yeah, absolutely. | 好的 当然可以 |
[13:52] | You don’t sound very enthusiastic. | 但你听着不太上心 |
[13:55] | I am, it’s just… business is kind of boring. | 我有 只是 商务有点无聊 |
[14:01] | You want me to name you president of MaxDot, | 你想让我提名你为麦克斯多特的总裁 |
[14:04] | you need a business degree. | 你就得有商务学位 |
[14:05] | Do I? Or do I delegate the business stuff | 是吗 那我可以把这些业务 |
[14:08] | to my underlings? | 委托给我的下属吗 |
[14:10] | You know what? Never mind. | 知道吗 你还是算了 |
[14:13] | All right, I’ll do it! | 好吧 我去读书 |
[14:16] | And you can’t keep smoking pot all the time. | 你不能一直抽大麻 |
[14:18] | Just weekends and Wednesdays. | 只在周末和周三抽 |
[14:19] | – No more! – No more! | -不准再抽 -不再抽了 |
[14:23] | And you find a nice girl. | 找个好女孩 |
[14:25] | Get married, start a family. | 结婚 成家 |
[14:27] | Okay, to be clear, that has always been my goal. | 好吧 你要明白 这一直是我的目标 |
[14:30] | Nice girls don’t get paid $1,000 | 好女孩约会结束的时候 |
[14:33] | at the end of the date. | 可不会要一千美元的报酬 |
[14:35] | How do you know about that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[14:36] | You charged it to the company. | 你记到公司帐上了 |
[14:39] | I had to send her a W-2. | 我还给了她一张税表 |
[14:43] | She still on the payroll? | 还在给她发工资吗 |
[14:44] | You want this or not? | 你要不要当总裁了 |
[14:46] | I do. And, yes, I will find a nice girl. | 我要 当然 我会找到一个好女孩 |
[14:50] | But what about Bob and Christina? | 但是鲍勃和克里斯汀娜呢 |
[14:51] | This has to stay between you and me. | 这事只有你知我知 |
[14:54] | They don’t need to know till after I’m dead. | 我去世后他们才会知道 |
[14:56] | Which won’t be for many, many years. | 不会等很多年的吧 |
[14:59] | Sure. | 当然会 |
[15:00] | Now, I don’t know how much | 现在 我不知道我还剩多少时间 |
[15:02] | time I have left, so we need to get going. | 所以我们得立马行动了 |
[15:05] | Fine. | 好的 |
[15:07] | Hey, where you headed? | 你要去哪里 |
[15:08] | To get a haircut. | 去理发 |
[15:12] | You wanted to see me? | 你要见我吗 |
[15:14] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[15:14] | I’ve made some decisions about my will, | 我遗嘱已经订了一部分 |
[15:16] | and I think you’re gonna be very happy. | 我想你会很高兴的 |
[15:18] | Oh, okay. | 好吧 |
[15:19] | There’s just a couple of things | 有几件事 |
[15:20] | we need to go over. | 我们得先干完 |
[15:26] | So, when it became clear to me | 所以 当我明白了 |
[15:28] | that the future of pharmaceutical sales | 医药销售的未来 |
[15:30] | would be online, | 是网络 |
[15:32] | I began developing a website | 我就开始开发一个网页 |
[15:33] | called AskChukwuemeka.Com. | 叫来问楚库埃梅卡网 |
[15:38] | And here is the part where I’m very clever… | 这就是我聪明的地方了 |
[15:40] | Abishola was right. | 艾比希拉说得没错 |
[15:42] | He is so boring! | 他好无聊 |
[15:44] | …over-the-counter and prescription drugs. | …处方药和非处方药 |
[15:46] | Every time I recommend a drug, I would get a penny | 我每次推荐用药后 药品制造商 |
[15:49] | from each drug manufacturer… | 就会给我一分… |
[15:51] | His head is perfect. | 他的头真完美 |
[15:52] | If only it didn’t have a mouth. | 要是没有嘴巴就好了 |
[15:55] | …if half of them ask my opinion, | 如果有一半人向我征求意见 |
[15:57] | that is a lot of pennies… | 那就是很多分 |
[15:59] | Maybe if I didn’t listen to him, | 也许如果我不听他说话 |
[16:00] | we could make a life together. | 我们就可以幸福地生活下去 |
[16:02] | …even after taxes, | 税后也是一大笔钱 |
[16:03] | this will make me a very wealthy man. | 这会让我变得很有钱 |
[16:06] | Don’t listen, don’t listen, don’t listen. | 别听 别听 别听 |
[16:08] | I will use my great riches to help the people of Nigeria. | 我会用我的财富去帮助尼日利亚的人 |
[16:11] | Oh, dear God, stop talking! | 天啊 不要再说了 |
[16:14] | And maybe someday, | 也许以后有一天 |
[16:14] | there will be a movie on the Netflix | 网飞上会上一部电影 |
[16:17] | that will tell the story of my humble… | 讲述我默默无闻的… |
[16:18] | It’s not working! | 没有用 |
[16:19] | I cannot drown him out! | 我没办法把他过滤了 |
[16:21] | …as a simple pharmacist at a CVS pharmacy… | 作为联合药房的一名普通药剂师 |
[16:25] | What have I done? | 我做了什么 |
[16:26] | I lost my best friend for this beautiful idiot! | 我为了这个帅气的傻瓜而失去了我最好的朋友 |
[16:30] | …or the Hulu! | 或者Hulu |
[16:39] | Incoming. | 来了 |
[16:40] | What? | 什么 |
[16:43] | I just came to tell you | 我只是来告诉你 |
[16:44] | that I realize our friendship is more important than any man. | 我意识到我们的友谊比任何男人都重要 |
[16:48] | I will not be seeing Chukwuemeka again, | 我不会再去见楚库埃梅卡了 |
[16:50] | even though we had a fantastic dinner last night | 虽然我们昨晚共进了完美的晚餐 |
[16:52] | and enjoyed each other’s company very much. | 并且非常喜欢有对方的陪伴 |
[16:56] | You are lying again. | 你又撒谎 |
[16:59] | I am. | 是的 |
[17:02] | I told you. | 我早说了 |
[17:03] | There is a reason why a man that handsome | 这么帅的一个人还和妈妈住一起 |
[17:05] | still lives with his mother. | 是有原因的 |
[17:08] | I’m sorry I didn’t believe you. | 很抱歉我没有相信你 |
[17:10] | Please forgive me. | 请原谅我 |
[17:11] | I only want to be your friend. | 我只想做你的朋友 |
[17:15] | I forgive you. | 我原谅你 |
[17:17] | We must make a vow never to let a man come between us. | 我们要发誓 不会再被男人影响 |
[17:20] | I will make that vow. | 我愿意发誓 |
[17:21] | As will I. | 我也愿意 |
[17:23] | This is such a relief. I hated being angry with you. | 真是舒了一口气 我真讨厌对你生气的时候 |
[17:26] | I hated it, too. | 我也很讨厌 |
[17:27] | Especially after I realized | 特别是我意识到 |
[17:29] | the only reason Chukwuemeka went out with you | 楚库埃梅卡和你出去只是为了 |
[17:32] | was to make me jealous. | 让我嫉妒 |
[17:36] | “The only reason”? | “只是为了” |
[17:38] | Isn’t it obvious? | 这还不明显吗 |
[17:39] | When he saw that I was not interested in him, | 他看到我对他没有兴趣的时候 |
[17:42] | then he suddenly started chasing my best friend. | 就突然开始追我最好的朋友了 |
[17:44] | Oh, I see. | 我明白了 |
[17:46] | So, he couldn’t possibly be attracted to me for me. | 他不可能因为我是我而喜欢我吗 |
[17:49] | Uh, that is not what I’m saying. | 我没有这么说 |
[17:51] | That is what you are saying. You know how I know? | 你就是这么说的 你知道我怎么知道吗 |
[17:53] | Because it’s what you said. | 因为你就是这么说的 |
[17:56] | Is that not what she said? | 她是那么说的吗 |
[17:57] | Don’t put me in the middle. | 别把我卷进去 |
[17:59] | But that is what you said. | 但你就是这么说的 |
[18:02] | And how do you know he wasn’t using you to get to me? | 你怎么知道他不是用你来接近我 |
[18:04] | Don’t be ridiculous. | 别傻了 |
[18:05] | Why is it ridiculous? | 为什么这算傻 |
[18:06] | I am much more fun to be with than you. | 和我一起比和你一起有意思多了 |
[18:08] | Fun or easier to sleep with? | 有意思还是容易上 |
[18:11] | Uh-oh, again. | 又来了 |
[18:22] | E karo. | 你好 |
[18:24] | Uh, I wanted to jump in. That’s all I got. | 我想插一嘴 只会这一句 |
[18:34] | Karo. | 你好 |
[18:35] | Karo. | 你好 |
[18:36] | How is your mother today? | 你妈妈今天怎么样 |
[18:38] | She’s all right. She’s talking to | 她挺好的 她正在和 |
[18:39] | our lawyer right now about her will. | 我们的律师说遗嘱的事 |
[18:41] | Oh, for when she takes her well-deserved rest. | 就是在她穿上最好的衣服休息以后 |
[18:44] | Now, see, that’s a nice way to put it. | 这么说真是好多了 |
[18:48] | Why are you eating lettuce with lemon juice? | 你为什么在吃加柠檬汁的生菜 |
[18:50] | Apparently, I’m losing 60 pounds by next summer. | 我要在明年夏天之前减60磅 |
[18:53] | Good for you. | 好样的 |
[18:54] | Yeah, good for me. | 是啊 我好样的 |
[18:56] | How have you been? | 你最近怎么样 |
[18:58] | Not so great. | 不怎么样 |
[19:00] | I had a terrible fight with my friend Kemi. | 我和我的朋友凯米吵了一架 |
[19:02] | Aw, that’s too bad. I like her. | 太糟糕了 我很喜欢她 |
[19:04] | I like her, too, but she lied to me. | 我也很喜欢她 但是她骗我 |
[19:07] | About what? | 骗你什么 |
[19:10] | Um, a thing. | 一件事 |
[19:12] | “A thing”? Oh, that narrows it down. | “一件事” 真是缩小了范围 |
[19:14] | Can’t you be a little more speci… | 你能不能详… |
[19:28] | A little wider. | 再张大一点 |
[19:30] | Thank you | 谢谢 |
[19:33] | Douglas? | 道格拉斯 |
[19:35] | Lick. | 舔 |
[19:40] | Very good. | 很好 |
[19:42] | Bob, seal. | 鲍勃 封上 |
[19:47] | Perfect. | 完美 |
[19:49] | Now, who would like to run Mommy’s last will | 谁愿意送妈妈的遗嘱 |
[19:51] | and testament over to Goldfischer? | 去给戈德菲舍尔 |
[19:53] | – I’ll do it. – That’s okay, I got it. | -我来 -没关系 我来 |
[19:54] | I should do it! | 应该我来 |
[19:56] | I got this. | 我来 |
[20:01] | I should’ve had a stroke years ago. | 我就该早几年中风 |
[20:13] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[20:15] | I’m sorry, too. | 我也很抱歉 |
[20:38] | Ready to go home? | 准备好回家了吗 |
[20:39] | Yes. I just need to get my coat. | 嗯 我要去拿我的外套 |
[20:41] | Good. I will wait. | 很好 我等你 |