时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | You have any brothers and sisters? | 你有兄弟姐妹吗 |
[00:03] | Yes. Six brothers and four sisters. | 有 六个兄弟 四个姐妹 |
[00:06] | You’re kidding. | 你开玩笑吧 |
[00:08] | Your mother had 11 children? | 你妈生了11个孩子 |
[00:10] | Can she walk? | 她还能走路吗 |
[00:13] | My mother had three. | 我妈妈生了三个 |
[00:14] | My father’s other two wives had the rest. | 我爸爸的其他两个老婆生了剩下的那些 |
[00:17] | Oh, okay. Well, h-how long were your mom and dad married? | 好吧 那你父母结婚了多久 |
[00:19] | They are still married. | 他们还结着呢 |
[00:21] | So she’s your dad’s third wife? | 所以她是你爸第三任老婆 |
[00:24] | No, she’s the first. | 不 她是第一任 |
[00:26] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[00:28] | Are you saying your dad’s got three wives at the same time? | 你是说你爸同时拥有三个老婆 |
[00:31] | Yes. | 对 |
[00:33] | Well, how does it work over there? | 这要怎么操作 |
[00:34] | Do they all crush his spirit at once | 她们同时上你爸 |
[00:36] | or do they take turns? | 还是轮流 |
[00:39] | And you just have the one brother and one sister? | 你只有一个兄弟一个姐妹 |
[00:42] | Which still feels like too many. | 还是感觉太多 |
[00:46] | So are you close with your siblings? | 你和兄弟姐妹关系好吗 |
[00:47] | H-How do you guys keep in touch? | 你们怎么保持联系 |
[00:50] | I don’t want to talk about my family right now. | 我现在不想谈家人 |
[00:52] | Oh, okay. Uh, well, what do you want to talk about? | 好吧 那你想谈什么 |
[00:57] | I don’t want to talk. | 我不想谈 |
[00:58] | Uh, well… | 好吧 |
[01:00] | Uh, what do you wanna do? | 那你想干什么 |
[01:14] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[01:16] | What? | 怎么了 |
[01:17] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[01:18] | Um, bad dream. | 噩梦 |
[01:20] | Were you running for your life? | 你在梦里逃生吗 |
[01:23] | No, why? | 没有 为什么 |
[01:24] | You’re all sweaty. | 你都湿透了 |
[01:27] | Uh, it’s nothing. | 没什么 |
[01:28] | I’m fine. Don’t worry about it. | 我没事 别担心 |
[01:30] | Tell me so we can determine what it means. | 告诉我 我们能搞清楚那是什么意思 |
[01:32] | It does not mean anything. Leave it alone. | 没有什么意思 别管了 |
[01:37] | Was the dream sexual? | 跟性有关吗 |
[01:38] | No. | 没有 |
[01:41] | You said that too fast. | 你回答得太快了 |
[01:44] | PG, “R,” or “X”? | 辅导级 限制级还是禁片 |
[01:45] | Stop it. | 别闹了 |
[01:49] | “X.” | 肯定是禁片 |
[02:22] | Your niece does not greet us when she enters anymore. | 你侄女进屋不再跟我们打招呼了 |
[02:25] | That’s because she is becoming a rude American, | 那是因为她成了一个粗鲁的美国人 |
[02:28] | like the housewives of the Beverly Hills. | 就像比弗利山庄的贵妇人 |
[02:32] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[02:32] | Hello, Auntie. Hello, Uncle. | 你好 阿姨 你好 叔叔 |
[02:34] | – Where’s Dele? – In his room, doing his homework. | -德勒呢 -在他房间 做功课 |
[02:37] | – Has he had dinner? – Of course. | -他吃饭了吗 -当然 |
[02:39] | We wouldn’t want to get fired from our job as your servants. | 我们可不想丢了做你仆人的饭碗 |
[02:44] | Please, don’t be like that, eh? | 别这样 行不行 |
[02:45] | I just worked a 12-hour shift. | 我刚上了12小时的班 |
[02:47] | While we just sat here and did nothing. | 而我们只是坐在这什么也没干 |
[02:50] | Like couch vegetables. | 像沙发蔬菜 |
[02:52] | Potatoes. | 土豆 |
[02:53] | What potatoes? | 什么土豆 |
[02:56] | The saying, it’s “Couch potatoes.” | 俗语是”沙发土豆”[常坐在电视机前的人] |
[02:58] | A potato is a vegetable. | 土豆就是一种蔬菜啊 |
[03:01] | Well, then we could just say “Couch tomatoes.” | 那我们干脆说”沙发番茄”得了 |
[03:04] | No, a tomato is a fruit. | 不行 番茄是水果 |
[03:08] | It has seeds. | 它有籽 |
[03:13] | Hello, Mum. | 你好 妈妈 |
[03:14] | What are you doing? | 你在干吗 |
[03:16] | Homework. | 做功课 |
[03:17] | Eh. Then why did you stop? | 那你干吗停下来 |
[03:19] | To greet my mother? | 跟我妈打招呼 |
[03:23] | I’ll ask again. Why did you stop? | 我再问一遍 你干吗停下 |
[03:27] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[03:28] | I finished my homework. | 我作业写完了 |
[03:29] | I was playing a game. | 我在玩游戏 |
[03:31] | I did not buy that computer | 我买那台电脑 |
[03:32] | for you to play games. | 不是给你玩游戏的 |
[03:34] | If you are done with your homework, you may read a book. | 如果你作业写完了 你可以看书 |
[03:37] | Yes, Mum. | 好的 妈妈 |
[03:38] | I will not let you squander | 我不让你白白浪费 |
[03:39] | the opportunities you have been given. | 你现在的大好机会 |
[03:41] | Yes, Mum. | 好的 妈妈 |
[03:42] | I saved for years | 我存钱存了好多年 |
[03:43] | so we could come to this country. | 才让我们来到这个国家 |
[03:45] | Yes, Mum. | 好的 妈妈 |
[03:46] | And when your father went back to Nigeria, | 当你爸爸回尼日利亚时 |
[03:48] | I stayed so you could go to Harvard and become a doctor. | 我留下了 让你有机会念哈佛成为医生 |
[03:51] | Yes, Mum. | 好的 妈妈 |
[03:52] | You cannot become distracted. | 你不能分心 |
[03:54] | – Yes, Mum. – Good. | -好的 妈妈 -很好 |
[03:56] | Now, what was this silly game you were playing? | 告诉我你刚才在玩什么蠢游戏 |
[03:58] | Chess. | 象棋 |
[04:02] | Oh. Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:04] | Well, continue. | 那你继续 |
[04:09] | And you must win. | 你必须得赢 |
[04:12] | Yes, Mum. | 好的 妈妈 |
[04:27] | That’s a pretty song. | 这歌真好听 |
[04:32] | I’m glad you like it. | 我很高兴你喜欢 |
[04:35] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[04:39] | 第二天 伍德沃德纪念医院 | |
[04:43] | You sleeping okay? | 你睡得还好吗 |
[04:45] | I’m sleeping fine. | 睡得不错 |
[04:46] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[04:47] | Yes, I’m sure. Why? | 确定 怎么了 |
[04:49] | Your shirt’s inside out. | 你的衣服穿反了 |
[04:53] | I noticed it when you got on the bus this morning. | 你今早上公车时我就注意到了 |
[04:55] | Ah, why didn’t you tell me? | 那你怎么不告诉我 |
[04:57] | Because it was funny. | 因为很好笑 |
[05:00] | What’s going on, honey? | 怎么了 亲爱的 |
[05:03] | I’ve been having these strange dreams, | 我一直在做这些奇怪的梦 |
[05:05] | and when I wake up I can’t go back to sleep. | 等我醒来后就睡不着了 |
[05:07] | Don’t ask her what kind of dreams they are. | 别问她是什么样的梦 |
[05:09] | She’s embarrassed because they are sexual. | 她会很尴尬 因为是春梦 |
[05:13] | Thank you, Kemi. | 谢谢你 凯米 |
[05:14] | De nada. | 别客气 |
[05:17] | That’s nothin’ to be embarrassed about. | 这没什么好尴尬的 |
[05:18] | I have sexual dreams all the time. | 我一直都做春梦 |
[05:21] | How do you think I stay so trim? | 不然你觉得我怎么保持身材 |
[05:24] | Doesn’t that wake your husband? | 那样不会吵醒你丈夫吗 |
[05:25] | If he woke up, I wouldn’t have to dream about sex. | 如果能吵醒 我还用得着做春梦 |
[05:29] | Who’s the lucky guy? | 那个幸运的男人是谁 |
[05:31] | Or girl. In Nigeria, | 或女人 在尼日利亚 |
[05:32] | you go to jail for being gay, | 如果你是同性恋会被抓去坐牢 |
[05:34] | but here they give you a talk show. | 但在这 他们会让你做脱口秀 |
[05:38] | All right, I’ll tell you. | 好吧 我来告诉你 |
[05:40] | My dreams have been about Bob. | 我的梦都和鲍勃有关 |
[05:43] | All the men in the world | 世上男人千千万 |
[05:44] | and that’s who you have dreams about? | 你就只能梦到他 |
[05:45] | Ah, I think he’s kind of cute. | 我觉得他挺可爱的 |
[05:47] | Like a pasty Luther Vandross. | 像个苍白的路德·范德罗 |
[05:51] | I would dream about Luther Vandross. Yeah. | 我会梦到路德·范德罗斯 |
[05:54] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[05:55] | It does not make sense. | 没有意义 |
[05:56] | I’m not interested in Bob that way. | 我对鲍勃没那种意思 |
[05:58] | Obviously, you are. | 显然 你有 |
[05:59] | At least parts of you are. | 至少某些部分有 |
[06:01] | You know, south of the border. | 你知道的 在边界处的南部 |
[06:04] | I don’t care. I don’t have time for romantic nonsense. | 我不在乎 也没闲功夫聊这些风花雪月 |
[06:07] | You make time when you are sleeping. | 等你睡着了就能腾出时间 |
[06:09] | I need to stop meeting with him, | 我不能再见他了 |
[06:10] | then the dreams will go away. | 然后就不会再梦见他了 |
[06:12] | Oh, no, no, no. That’ll just make it worse. | 哦 不 那样会更糟 |
[06:14] | Whatever feelings you have for this guy | 不论你感觉如何 这家伙 |
[06:15] | will just pop up somewhere else, like Whack-A-Mole. | 会突然冒出来 就像打地鼠那样 |
[06:18] | Whack-A-Mole? | 打地鼠 |
[06:20] | What is Whack-A-Mole? | 打地鼠是什么 |
[06:21] | It’s a game where you whack a mole | 一个游戏 鼹鼠在哪你打哪 |
[06:22] | and then another mole pops up. | 然后又会从别的地方冒出来 |
[06:24] | That is a horrible game. | 真是个残忍的游戏 |
[06:27] | They’re not real moles. | 他们不是真的鼹鼠 |
[06:28] | Then why are you whacking them? | 那你为什么要打他们 |
[06:31] | Okay, let’s start over. | 得了 回到刚才的话题 |
[06:33] | Whether you like it or not, | 无论你愿不愿意 |
[06:35] | you got something going on with the sock man. | 你已经和袜子男牵扯不清了 |
[06:38] | Deal with it. | 面对现实吧 |
[06:39] | Or you’ll be whacking the mole. | 否则你就得打地鼠 |
[06:43] | Ah, now, that’s a good way to get back to sleep. | 真是个重新入睡的好方法 |
[06:49] | So, Douglas and I decided, | 于是 道格拉斯和我决定 |
[06:51] | why pay for an advertising agency | 既然我们能自行推出企划案 |
[06:53] | when we can come up with our own campaign? | 为什么还要花钱请广告公司 |
[06:56] | Okay, taking the initiative; I like it. | 好吧 采取主动 我喜欢 |
[06:59] | But not just another sales pitch, | 但它又不仅仅是一个推销方案 |
[07:01] | something that separates us from the other manufacturers | 还是能让我们有别于其他制造商 |
[07:04] | and maybe does a little good. | 没准还更胜一筹 |
[07:06] | Wow, sure, why not? | 当然 为什么不呢 |
[07:09] | Douglas… | 道格拉斯 |
[07:11] | Bob, we want to take out full-page ads | 鲍勃 我们想全方位 |
[07:14] | in all the industry trades, major newspapers, | 刊登整版广告 主要报纸 |
[07:17] | glossy magazines and social media | 时尚杂志和主流媒体 |
[07:19] | with what we think is a bold new approach | 我们认为这是销售压缩袜的 |
[07:22] | to selling compression socks. | 大胆创新之举 |
[07:24] | MaxDot Therapeutic Hosiery… | 麦克斯多特治疗袜 |
[07:26] | 麦克斯多特治疗袜 我们很抱歉 | |
[07:27] | We’re sorry. | 我们很抱歉 |
[07:32] | Okay, you lost me. | 好吧 我不懂 |
[07:33] | Wh-What are we apologizing for? | 我们为什么要道歉 |
[07:36] | Christina. | 克里斯汀娜 |
[07:37] | Bob, look around the room. | 鲍勃 看看这间屋子 |
[07:40] | What do you see? | 你到什么了 |
[07:41] | Yeah, I don’t want to do that, just tell me. | 我不想那么做 直接说 |
[07:44] | White face. | 白人面孔 |
[07:45] | White face, white face. | 白人面孔 白人面孔 |
[07:49] | Everywhere you look, white face. | 目所能及 全是白人面孔 |
[07:52] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[07:53] | Is it okay? | 真的好吗 |
[07:54] | Or is it systemic, generational racism? | 还是说它是系统的 世袭的种族主义 |
[07:58] | What are you talking about? | 你们俩在说什么 |
[08:01] | We’re a small family business. | 我们只是小型家族企业 |
[08:03] | It’s not our fault we’re white. | 身为白人又不是我们的错 |
[08:05] | Oh, I think it is. | 我觉得是 |
[08:08] | Hang on a second. | 等等 |
[08:09] | Half the people on that warehouse floor | 仓库里有一半的人 |
[08:11] | are people of color. | 是有色人种 |
[08:12] | Now, what about them? | 那他们呢 |
[08:13] | Oh, you mean your field hands? | 你是说你的常工们 |
[08:17] | Uncomfortable? | 不舒服了 |
[08:18] | You should be. | 应该如此 |
[08:21] | No, I shouldn’t. | 不 我不该这样 |
[08:22] | And how is any of this apologizing | 这些道歉能有什么用 |
[08:24] | gonna help us sell socks? | 能帮我们卖袜子 |
[08:26] | It tells both our industry | 它说明我们得到了 |
[08:28] | and the public at large that we get it. | 行业及公众极大的支持 |
[08:31] | That we’re woke. | 我们觉醒了 |
[08:34] | That we sell compression socks, | 我们卖压缩袜 |
[08:37] | not oppression socks. | 而不是压力袜 |
[08:37] | 压缩好 压力不好 | |
[08:43] | I don’t know what to say. | 真不知道该说什么 |
[08:46] | We just need $200,000 for the campaign. | 企划费用只需要20万 |
[08:50] | Now I know what to say. | 现在我知道该说什么了 |
[08:53] | Excuse me a minute. | 稍等一下 |
[08:57] | Hey. I was just aboutt tot and pick up our teas. | 嗨 我正要去买茶呢 |
[09:00] | Bob, I am– I’m sorry. I cannot see you today. | 鲍勃 我很抱歉 今天不能见你了 |
[09:03] | The hospital is very busy. | 医院特别忙 |
[09:06] | Oh, that’s a shame. | 真可惜 |
[09:08] | Yes, it is a shame. | 是的 很可惜 |
[09:09] | Uh, in fact, I might not be able to see you | 事实上 我可能很长时间 |
[09:11] | for quite a long time. | 都不能见你了 |
[09:13] | Really? Why’s that? | 真的吗 为什么 |
[09:14] | I-I have to work double shifts. | 我得两班倒 |
[09:16] | It’s, uh… | 是因为… |
[09:18] | uh, car accident season. | 车祸季的缘故 |
[09:20] | What? | 什么 |
[09:23] | Okay, I-I guess I’ll see you when I see you. | 好吧 那我们有缘再见 |
[09:26] | Yes. When you see me, you see me. | 好的 有缘再见 |
[09:29] | But not before then. | 但在那之前不行 |
[09:31] | Smooth. | 厉害 |
[09:33] | Uh, bye-bye. | 再见 |
[09:35] | Bye. | 再见 |
[09:37] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[09:38] | Not really. | 不太好 |
[09:39] | I think Abishola just dumped me. | 我觉得艾比希拉刚把我甩了 |
[09:42] | What’d you do? | 你做了什么 |
[09:45] | I didn’t do anything. | 我什么都没做 |
[09:47] | Oh, Bob. You’re a rich, middle-aged white man. | 鲍勃 你是个富有的中年白人 |
[09:50] | You’ve done plenty. | 这就已经是做了很多了 |
[10:00] | Just wait another minute. She’s never late. | 再等一会 她从不迟到 |
[10:02] | I have a schedule. | 我有发车时间 |
[10:06] | Here she comes. | 她来了 |
[10:07] | Quickly, quickly! He has a schedule! | 快点 快点 他到发车时间了 |
[10:14] | Easy, easy. | 慢点 慢点 |
[10:18] | I did not see the ice. | 我没注意到有冰 |
[10:21] | I saw you not see it. | 我看到你没留意了 |
[10:28] | Are you getting sick? | 你病了吗 |
[10:29] | It’s nothing. | 没什么大碍 |
[10:31] | Oluwa mi o! | 我的天[约鲁巴语] |
[10:32] | You are sick. | 你病了 |
[10:34] | You know why this is happening, don’t you? | 你知道生病的原因 是吗 |
[10:35] | – Don’t say it. – The sex dreams. | -不要说出来 -春梦 |
[10:39] | Did you have another one last night? | 你昨晚又做梦了吗 |
[10:42] | They are trying to tell you something, | 这些梦在告诉你一些事情 |
[10:43] | but you won’t listen. | 但你却不听 |
[10:45] | Don’t be ridiculous. | 不要胡说八道 |
[10:46] | I just have a little cough. | 我只是有点咳嗽 |
[10:48] | I’m around sick people all day. | 我整天周围都是病人 |
[10:50] | That is one explanation. | 这是一种解释 |
[10:51] | Another is that your body yearns | 另一种是你的身体 |
[10:53] | for the touch of the sock man. | 渴望袜子男的抚摸 |
[10:56] | My body yearns for nothing. | 我的身体没有任何欲望 |
[10:58] | Maybe an Advil. | 可能得吃点止疼药 |
[11:01] | Well, if you will not believe me, | 好吧 如果你不相信我 |
[11:02] | at least talk to someone who knows about these things. | 至少跟知情人聊聊你的这些事 |
[11:04] | Are you suggesting I go to a psychiatrist? | 你是在建议我去看心理医生吗 |
[11:06] | Kemi, please. | 凯米 拜托 |
[11:07] | That’s American nonsense. | 那是美国人瞎掰的 |
[11:08] | I was talking about a psychic. | 我说的是通灵者 |
[11:11] | Ooh, okay. Maybe. | 是的 或许可以 |
[11:14] | – You know someone? – I do. | -你有认识的吗 -有的 |
[11:16] | She’s dead, but she’s still very effective. | 她已经去世了 但仍然说得很准 |
[11:28] | There she is. | 她来了 |
[11:30] | All right, Mr. Hemmings, I’m going on break. | 好了 海明斯先生 我要去休息了 |
[11:32] | But Nurse Abishola here will be taking good care of you. | 但是艾比希拉护士会好好照顾你 |
[11:35] | Whatever you need. | 无论你有什么需求 |
[11:40] | I’m here to help. | 我都会帮你 |
[11:43] | She sounds worse than me. | 她听着好像比我还严重 |
[11:46] | Don’t kid yourself. | 别自欺欺人 |
[11:48] | Hall? Now. | 去走廊 马上 |
[11:52] | I hope you feel better. | 我希望你快点好起来 |
[11:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:58] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[11:59] | Honey, we get 15 paid sick days. | 亲爱的 我们有十五天的带薪病假 |
[12:02] | Use one. | 休息一天吧 |
[12:03] | No. I collect that money at the end of the year. | 不 我要把那钱攒到年底 |
[12:06] | I need it to pay off my student loans. | 我要还我的学生贷款 |
[12:07] | Oh, child, you got time for that. | 孩子 你还有时间还贷款 |
[12:09] | I’m still paying off my student loan. | 我现在还在还学生贷款 |
[12:12] | Please, don’t send me home. | 拜托 不要让我回家 |
[12:13] | I’m sorry. You can’t be here when you’re contagious. | 抱歉 你有传染病的时候不能在这 |
[12:17] | That guy is one sneeze away | 那家伙只差一个喷嚏 |
[12:18] | from wearing a toe tag. | 就要脚趾戴标签了[去世] |
[12:20] | Oh, he knows. | 他知道 |
[12:22] | Gave me his watch. | 他的表都给我了 |
[12:25] | Uh, how about if I work at the desk? | 我就坐在凳子上怎么样 |
[12:28] | No, you are taking the day off. | 不行 你得休一天假 |
[12:30] | You need to rest. | 你需要休息 |
[12:32] | Uh, what if I wear a mask? | 如果我戴个口罩呢 |
[12:33] | You can wear a cape. | 你可以穿斗篷 |
[12:35] | You’re still going home. | 但还是得回家 |
[12:39] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:40] | And why are you limping? | 你腿为什么瘸了 |
[12:42] | I-I slipped and fell. | 我滑倒了 |
[12:44] | – On hospital grounds? – No. | -在医院的地上吗 -不是 |
[12:46] | Oh. That’s too bad. | 真是太糟糕了 |
[12:56] | This new razor’s very good. | 这把新剃刀很好 |
[12:58] | Oh, yes. | 是的 |
[12:59] | The package says it can also be used for manscaping. | 包装上还说它可以用来做男士美容 |
[13:02] | What is manscaping? | 男士美容是什么意思 |
[13:05] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[13:07] | I’ll google it. | 我上网搜一下 |
[13:11] | Abishola? | 艾比希拉 |
[13:13] | E karo, Auntie. | 你好 阿姨 |
[13:14] | E karo, Uncle. | 你好 叔叔 |
[13:15] | What are you doing back so early? | 你怎么这么早就回来了 |
[13:17] | Were you fired? | 你被炒鱿鱼了吗 |
[13:19] | I’m sick. They sent me home. | 我病了 他们让我回家 |
[13:21] | And you let them? | 你就听他们的话了吗 |
[13:24] | Wh-Why are you limping? | 你腿为什么瘸了 |
[13:27] | I slipped on ice and fell. | 我踩到冰滑倒了 |
[13:30] | You shouldn’t do that. | 你不可以那么做 |
[13:34] | Good advice. I’m going to go and lay down. | 建议不错 我要去躺会 |
[13:36] | Wait, let me feel. | 等一下 我摸摸 |
[13:40] | You are sick. | 你病了 |
[13:41] | Did you think I was pretending? | 你觉得我是装病吗 |
[13:43] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:45] | Get in bed. | 上床躺着吧 |
[13:46] | I’ll bring you some hot pepper soup. | 我去给你做点胡辣汤 |
[13:48] | – Thank you, Auntie. – It’s no problem. | -谢谢 阿姨 -没关系 |
[13:52] | I’ll make the soup. | 我去做汤 |
[13:57] | No. | 不要 |
[14:03] | Stop it! | 停下 |
[14:05] | Go away! | 走开 |
[14:06] | You like me. | 你喜欢我 |
[14:07] | I do not. | 我不喜欢 |
[14:09] | I like you. | 我喜欢你 |
[14:10] | It does not matter. | 这不重要 |
[14:12] | Karo. O dabo. | 你好 再见 |
[14:14] | Stop being cute! | 不要散发可爱了 |
[14:16] | I’m cute? Really? | 我很可爱吗 真的吗 |
[14:17] | You think so? | 你这么觉得吗 |
[14:18] | Stop! | 停下 |
[14:25] | Goodwin, Kofo, | 古德温 科福 |
[14:27] | I want to thank you both for coming. | 我想谢谢你们的到来 |
[14:29] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[14:33] | The reason we asked you here is to discuss | 我们请你们来这里是为了讨论 |
[14:36] | the racial imbalance in the company. | 公司里的种族不平衡问题 |
[14:38] | Look, i’m sorry about this, guys. | 很抱歉 伙计们 |
[14:40] | Just tell them everything’s fine, | 告诉他们没什么事 |
[14:41] | and we can all get back to work. | 我们就可以继续工作了 |
[14:43] | Bob, it’s been 300 years. | 鲍勃 都300多年了 |
[14:45] | Let them have their voice. | 让他们发声吧 |
[14:49] | I agree with Bob. I don’t think | 我同意鲍勃 我觉得 |
[14:51] | this is a productive use of our time. | 这根本没有有效利用时间 |
[14:53] | Mom, you need to trust the process. | 妈妈 你要相信流程 |
[14:55] | Don’t talk down to me. I’ll smack you. | 别居高临下地和我说话 我扇你 |
[15:00] | Guys, it’s very simple. | 伙计们 很简单 |
[15:02] | Help us help you | 帮助我们帮你们 |
[15:04] | to help us feel less guilty. | 帮我们减轻罪恶感 |
[15:08] | Tell us what MaxDot can do better. | 告诉我们麦克斯多特要怎么改进 |
[15:10] | What needs to change around here? | 这里需要做些什么改变 |
[15:12] | That is an interesting question. | 这个问题很有意思 |
[15:18] | Everything is fine. | 一切都很好 |
[15:19] | We love our jobs. | 我们爱我们的工作 |
[15:21] | Well, you hear that? | 你们都听到了吗 |
[15:21] | Everything’s fine. They love their jobs. | 一切都很好 他们爱他们的工作 |
[15:24] | Meeting adjourned. | 散会 |
[15:25] | Happy hour at The Red Onion, my treat. | 去红洋葱庆祝 我请客 |
[15:28] | There-There’s just one thing. | 只有一件事 |
[15:29] | – Oh, damn it. – What is it, Goodwin? | -该死 -什么事 古德温 |
[15:34] | Don’t be afraid, Goodwin. Sing your truth. | 别害怕 古德温 唱出你的真相 |
[15:38] | Thank you. I’ve been working here for many years. | 谢谢你 我已经在这里工作了很多年 |
[15:42] | Your father hired me. | 你父亲雇用我的 |
[15:43] | And in all that time, every supervisor | 一直以来 仓库的主管 |
[15:46] | on the warehouse floor has been white. | 全都是白人 |
[15:52] | Well, that-that can’t be true. | 那…那不可能 |
[15:54] | What about Anthony? | 那安东尼呢 |
[15:56] | Anthony is Italian. | 安东尼是意大利人 |
[16:00] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[16:03] | Did you know it’s only been white guys? | 你知道一直都是白人吗 |
[16:06] | Um, well… | 那个… |
[16:08] | Mom? | 妈妈 |
[16:09] | I don’t know what you want me to say. | 我不知道你希望我怎么说 |
[16:10] | Your father had certain preferences | 你父亲对于管理层的人员选择 |
[16:12] | when it came to management positions. | 有特殊的偏好 |
[16:15] | What’s that mean? | 什么意思 |
[16:16] | Well, it wasn’t just about the blacks. | 这不是针对黑人 |
[16:19] | He wasn’t real fond of the Mexicans, either. | 他也不喜欢墨西哥人 |
[16:23] | So Dad was, like, a racist? | 那爸爸就是种族歧视了 |
[16:25] | It was a different time, honey. | 时代不一样 亲爱的 |
[16:27] | It was the ’90s. | 那时是90年代 |
[16:32] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[16:33] | Abishola? | 艾比希拉 |
[16:34] | Uh, I’m sorry to interrupt. | 抱歉打扰了 |
[16:37] | Well, what are you doing here? | 你来这里干什么 |
[16:38] | I would have called, but my psychic said | 我本来想打电话 但是我的通灵师说 |
[16:40] | I should talk to you face-to-face. | 我应该当面和你谈谈 |
[16:43] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:45] | The truth is | 事实上 |
[16:47] | I’m not too busy to have tea with you, | 我没有忙到没时间和你喝茶 |
[16:49] | and I’d like to do that very soon. | 我希望马上和你约喝茶 |
[16:50] | That’s great. | 太好了 |
[16:54] | Maybe when I feel better. | 也许等我身体好一些 |
[16:55] | Sure, sure. Can I at least give you a ride home? | 当然了 那我能送你回家吗 |
[16:57] | That would be nice. Thank you. | 那太好了 谢谢你 |
[16:58] | Okay, I’ll be back in a little while. | 好 那我马上回来 |
[17:00] | We-we got to make this right. | 我们一定要纠正这件事 |
[17:02] | – O dabo. – O dabo. | -再见 -再见 |
[17:03] | – O dabo. – O dabo. | -再见 -再见 |
[17:08] | So… | 那么 |
[17:09] | that’s Abishola. | 这就是艾比希拉 |
[17:11] | Boy. | 天 |
[17:12] | I’m glad Dad’s dead. | 还好爸爸死了 |
[17:20] | All right, bear in mind, this is what’s called a “Rough cut.” | 好了 请记住这是”初版” |
[17:23] | Yeah, it’s still a work in progress, | 没错 还在改进中 |
[17:25] | but we just wanted to get your input | 但是我们只是想尽快 |
[17:26] | as soon as possible. | 得到你的反馈 |
[17:31] | *We make socks that fit just right, we’re sorry* | *我们做合脚的袜子 我们很抱歉* |
[17:34] | *We’re sorry* | *我们很抱歉* |
[17:35] | *If your foot is black or white* | *不管你的脚是黑是白* |
[17:37] | – *We’re sorry* – *We’re sorry* | -*我们很抱歉* -*我们很抱歉* |
[17:40] | *All our socks are built to last* | *我们的袜子都很耐穿* |
[17:42] | *Despite our troubled racist past* | *尽管曾经我们种族歧视* |
[17:44] | *The main thing is that we’re real sorry now* | *最重要的是我们现在真的很抱歉* |
[17:48] | *We’re sorry* | *我们很抱歉* |
[17:52] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[17:56] | Wait, there’s more. | 还有呢 |
[17:59] | MaxDot Therapeutic Hosiery. | 麦克斯多特治疗袜 |
[18:02] | A family-run business since 1973. | 从1973年打造的家族品牌 |
[18:05] | And the family just keeps getting bigger. | 我们家族越来越壮大 |
[18:09] | That’s right, Dotty. | 没错 小多 |
[18:12] | Oh please, call me mom. | 拜托 叫我妈妈 |