时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:09] | Buddy. Hey. | 伙计 |
[02:11] | That on or off? | 那东西开着吗 |
[02:15] | The radio. | 收音机 |
[02:17] | It’s on. | 开着呢 |
[02:19] | Try another station, why don’t you? | 那你换个台好不好啊 |
[02:21] | Only one we get. | 就这一个台 |
[02:23] | Comes in from Fort Wayne. | 韦恩堡的广播 |
[02:25] | “Comes in from Fort Wayne.” | “韦恩堡的广播” |
[02:32] | A lot of traffic. | 路过的车挺多啊 |
[02:33] | Steel mills up in Gary. | 加里有钢厂 |
[02:35] | Why we stay open late. | 所以才开到这么晚 |
[02:37] | Ask if we’re far. | 问他还有多远 |
[02:41] | How far are we from Columbus? | 我们离哥伦布还有多远 |
[02:42] | Columbus, Ohio? ‘Cause there’s one in Indiana. | 俄亥俄的哥伦布吗 印第安纳还有一个 |
[02:45] | That’s not the one we want. | 我们不是要去那儿 |
[02:47] | You’re about five hours. | 还有大约五小时 |
[02:51] | What’s worth seeing around here? | 这儿有什么风景吗 |
[02:52] | In Warsaw? | 在华沙吗 |
[02:56] | We’ve got the second longest contiguous brick wall in the world. | 我们有一堵世界第二长的砖墙 |
[03:01] | No kidding? | 真的假的 |
[03:02] | A man from the university in Vincennes drove up and measured it. | 有个文森斯大学的人开车来这儿量的 |
[03:07] | Maybe we should stay over, huh? | 或许我们可以在这儿过夜 |
[03:09] | Let’s just go. | 我们走吧 |
[03:12] | My friend’s got no appreciation. | 我朋友不懂得忙里偷闲 |
[03:24] | You keep the change now. | 零钱不用找了 |
[03:30] | A sawbuck on a $2 tab? | 两块的帐你给十块 |
[03:32] | We made some easy money. What’s the problem? | 我们干活儿来钱快 你抠个什么劲 |
[03:35] | I thought we were laying low. | 我们不是要低调点吗 |
[03:52] | Well? | 怎么回事 |
[04:05] | Jiggle the plugs or something. | 碰碰火花塞 |
[04:33] | What? | 搞什么 |
[05:11] | Slow your roll. | 慢点 |
[05:15] | These kids, I found ’em in a juke in Louisville. | 这俩孩子 我在路易斯维尔一家酒吧遇到的 |
[05:17] | Bringing ’em along. | 就把他们带来了 |
[05:19] | Akron, Youngstown, Pittsburgh. | 亚克朗 扬斯敦 匹兹堡 |
[05:21] | Three weeks at the Stanley. | 在斯坦利岛待了三周 |
[05:24] | They rough. | 还嫩呢 |
[05:25] | They’re smart boys. Pick up fast. | 他们很聪明 学得快 |
[05:28] | Little patter, | 学点舞步 |
[05:30] | top hats and tails. | 戴上礼帽 穿上礼服 |
[05:32] | A year from now, you come to New York, | 一年之后 你再来纽约 |
[05:34] | you won’t find an empty seat and what you’re gonna say? | 保证座无虚席 你到时候会怎么说 |
[05:38] | What I gonna say, Dickie? | 我会怎么说 迪基 |
[05:40] | “Why didn’t I? Oh, why didn’t I?” | “悔不该当初啊” |
[05:43] | – You selling this hard, huh? – Check that mule’s teeth first. | -你推销得真卖力 -他真是口齿伶俐 |
[05:46] | I never sell anything. | 我才不推销呢 |
[05:47] | I don’t have to because I represent the best. | 我没那个必要 我的东西就是最好的 |
[05:50] | Don’t I, honey? | 对不对 亲爱的 |
[05:52] | Nothing but. | 那是当然 |
[05:54] | Would you freshen me up? | 能给我续个杯吗 |
[05:56] | You don’t mind, do you, Dickie? | 你不介意吧 迪基 |
[05:59] | You’re thirsty, you’re thirsty. | 渴了就是渴了 |
[06:01] | What was in here again? | 你喝的什么来着 |
[06:02] | Weren’t you paying attention? | 你没留心吗 |
[06:04] | New York sour. | 纽约酸饮 |
[06:06] | Mix you up the Jersey version. | 我给你调杯泽西风味的 |
[06:15] | That’s all the time you got for me? | 你就这么不耐烦 |
[06:16] | – Appointment in Newark. – Do we have to, Dickie? | -在纽瓦克有约 -非得去吗 迪基 |
[06:19] | I’m tired of traipsing. | 到处跑我都烦了 |
[06:21] | A nice hotel… | 找间好酒店住下… |
[06:24] | Mr. White makes me happy, I make you happy. | 怀特先生让我满意 我才能哄你开心 |
[06:28] | Two weeks at a grand per, | 这两周先按每周一千算 |
[06:29] | then we talk about what comes after. | 然后再谈后面的 |
[06:31] | You carpetbagging me. | 你是在投机吧 |
[06:33] | I’m treating you square. | 我对你可毫无欺瞒 |
[06:35] | I always do. | 我一向如此 |
[06:37] | I want Fletcher Henderson up there. | 我要那个弹钢琴的 |
[06:39] | Who doesn’t? But Smack’s in New York. | 谁不想啊 可是大场子在纽约啊 |
[06:46] | You boys break a sweat yet? | 你们累了吗 |
[06:48] | No, sir. We’re barely kicking it. | 不 先生 我们一点不累 |
[06:50] | Eldon, shake your lazy rump. | 埃尔顿 懒虫 动起来 |
[06:51] | Grover, let’s wind that clock. | 格鲁佛 我们跳起来吧 |
[06:57] | Shoot some liquor to me, Eldie boy. | 给我来点酒吧 伙计 |
[07:48] | You can turn a light on. | 把灯打开吧 |
[07:54] | All have arrived. | 他们都到了 |
[08:01] | It’s easy enough to do. | 这又不是什么难事 |
[08:02] | Then I will do it. | 那就让我来吧 |
[08:11] | Where is he sitting? | 他坐在哪 |
[08:12] | Where you wanted him. | 按你的吩咐安排了 |
[08:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:33] | Everybody knows each other? | 大家都认识吧 |
[08:44] | Mr. Masseria and I have not actually met. | 事实上 我和马赫里亚先生还没正式见过 |
[08:55] | – Does he speak English? – He’s not in the mood. | -他不说英语吗 -他现在没心情 |
[08:58] | I just want this to be clear. | 我只想把话说明白 |
[08:59] | He’ll understand what you say. | 你说什么他都听得懂 |
[09:04] | We’d like to settle things. | 我们想解决问题 |
[09:07] | We think you do, too. | 我想你也一样 |
[09:08] | What makes you think that? | 你为什么这么想 |
[09:11] | Why else would you show up? | 要不然你为什么来这儿 |
[09:13] | To see what the Thompson brothers are contemplating. | 来看看汤普森兄弟有什么打算 |
[09:18] | I have my territory. | 我有我自己的地盘 |
[09:20] | South to Cape May, north to Asbury Park, west to Trenton. | 南到五月岬郡 北到阿斯伯里公园 西到特伦顿 |
[09:23] | I have the casinos, the numbers, and the wire. | 赌场 放债 和电报都是我的 |
[09:26] | I’m not looking for anything else. | 别的我不多要 |
[09:28] | Haven’t we had this conversation? | 这事我们不都谈过了吗 |
[09:30] | I didn’t ask for trouble. | 我并没想找麻烦 |
[09:33] | What was brought to my doorstep I returned. | 别人打上门来了我自然要还击 |
[09:37] | I’d expect all of you to do exactly the same. | 我希望你们大家也能一样 |
[09:40] | You tried to put me in federal court. | 你想把我送上联邦法庭 |
[09:42] | – You were greedy. – And you were desperate. | -你太贪婪了 -而你是狗急跳墙 |
[09:48] | 15 of his men killed on the road out of town. | 他有十五个人在城外的路上被杀了 |
[09:51] | – With the deal already struck. – You landed on your feet. | -那时条件已经谈妥了 -你不是没什么事吗 |
[09:54] | You wish to pretend you never gained– | 你想假装你没得到什么… |
[09:56] | What’s wrong with that? | 这怎么了 |
[09:56] | – There was no arrangement. – A.R. gave a guarantee. | -当时并没说话 -罗斯坦做了保证 |
[10:02] | Now why I should trust any word come out of your mouth? | 我凭什么相信你的话 |
[10:08] | That’s a reasonable question. | 这问题提的有道理 |
[10:11] | Let him see it. | 给他看看 |
[10:37] | What do you want? | 你想要什么 |
[10:39] | To see a Broadway show, | 看场百老汇演出 |
[10:41] | have the chop at Keen’s, | 在基恩餐馆吃排骨 |
[10:43] | do a little window-shopping, | 去逛逛街 |
[10:45] | and not be looking over my shoulder every second I’m at it. | 而且不用时时刻刻提心吊胆的 |
[10:47] | And in return? | 你能给我们什么 |
[10:49] | Maybe you enjoy the beach here. | 或许你喜欢这里的沙滩 |
[10:50] | Not especially. | 没那么喜欢 |
[10:52] | I want peace, Arnold. That’s all. | 我想要和平 阿诺德 就是这样 |
[10:56] | Where you shop and where you eat is no concern of ours. | 你在哪里购物就餐我们不关心 |
[11:01] | This ends that. | 一切到此为止 |
[11:12] | How are you, Charlie? | 你怎么样 查理 |
[11:15] | I’m well, A.R. | 我很好 罗斯坦 |
[11:17] | Thanks for asking. | 多谢问候 |
[11:19] | He’s a good boy. | 他是个好小子 |
[11:24] | Meyer keeps me informed. | 迈耶都给我说了 |
[11:44] | “All of man’s troubles come from his inability | “人的所有烦恼皆源自 |
[11:46] | to sit quietly in a room by himself.” | 不能独自安坐于室” |
[11:51] | You should try it. | 你该试试 |
[11:52] | Is that what you do in here? | 你这是在尝试独坐吗 |
[11:58] | I talked to Lolly. He’s expecting you. | 我跟罗利谈过了 他在等你 |
[12:01] | No limit at the table. | 赌注不限 |
[12:03] | That’s thoughtful. | 有想法 |
[12:04] | Call it a thank-you. | 这叫答谢 |
[12:11] | I ran the odds on the way down. | 我在外面开了盘口 |
[12:14] | On what? | 赌什么 |
[12:15] | Whether you’d attempt to kill me. | 赌你是不是想杀我 |
[12:19] | What did you come up with? | 赔率多少 |
[12:20] | 14-1 against. | 十四比一 |
[12:43] | Five and six and seven and eight. | 五六七八 |
[12:47] | I held Tommy in my arms | 汤米还没有一条面包大时 |
[12:49] | when he was no bigger than a loaf of bread. | 我就抱他在怀里 |
[12:52] | I never wanted to let him go. | 我从没想过要抛弃他 |
[12:55] | I never wanted him hurt in any way. | 从没想过让他受到任何伤害 |
[13:00] | I’m selling my home. | 我要变卖家宅 |
[13:01] | The only possession I have. | 我唯一的财产 |
[13:03] | And with the proceeds, I intend to live quietly within my means | 售出之后 我打算低调过日子 |
[13:08] | and give Tommy the upbringing he deserves | 给汤米他应得的 |
[13:11] | in comfort and safety. | 舒适安全的成长环境 |
[13:16] | Julia | 茱莉亚 |
[13:19] | and Mr. Sagorsky– | 撒格斯基先生 |
[13:21] | Paul, | 保罗 |
[13:23] | I thank you. | 我感谢你们 |
[13:25] | You’ve done so much. | 你们做了很多 |
[13:27] | I’ll never forget it. | 我永远不会忘记 |
[13:29] | But my grandson belongs with me. | 可是我的孙子应当在我身旁 |
[13:34] | It’s time he came home. | 他该回家了 |
[13:36] | She was running a cathouse. | 她开了一家妓院 |
[13:38] | Raising that child in a cathouse. | 那孩子就放在妓院里养 |
[13:40] | Stay away from all that. | 别提这事 |
[13:42] | Mrs. Darmody provided respectable lodging– | 达莫迪夫人提供的是体面的住宿… |
[13:43] | And what went on in there was– | 那里的行为简直… |
[13:45] | As the only surviving blood relation– | 作为唯一在世的血亲… |
[13:47] | You can’t just take things that don’t belong to you. | 人不能夺走不属于自己的东西 |
[13:49] | Your Honor, my clients are understandably ups– | 法官大人 我的代理人情绪激动可以谅解 |
[13:51] | He wouldn’t even speak for the first– – | 他刚开始连话都不愿说 |
[13:53] | What exactly occurred in your residence | 达莫迪夫人 八个月前 |
[13:55] | eight months ago, Mrs. Darmody? | 你的住所中到底发生了什么 |
[13:58] | And under what precise circumstances | 这个孩子被带到你们家时 |
[14:00] | was the child brought to your home? | 到底是何种状况 |
[14:04] | Is there anyone here willing to disclose anything | 有人愿意说出这件事情 |
[14:07] | approximating the truth in this matter? | 真实的始末吗 |
[14:12] | Hold her steady. | 稳住 |
[14:14] | – Don’t stomp on it. – I’m not. | -别用脚跺 -我没有 |
[14:15] | It’s not a cockroach. Just easy. | 那不是蟑螂 慢点 |
[14:17] | E– e– easy. | 慢一点儿 |
[14:20] | Okay, pull right in here. | 好 就停这 |
[14:29] | Good. Yeah. | 很好 |
[14:35] | Who’s he? | 他是谁 |
[14:38] | Guy who works for us. | 给我们办事的人 |
[14:39] | I’ve got to go over something with him. | 我要跟他说件事 |
[14:41] | So he runs the place? | 那这地方是他的 |
[14:50] | – What? – I smell smoke. | -怎么了 -我闻到了烟味 |
[14:54] | That’s you. That’s how you smell. | 那是你 你身上的烟味 |
[14:56] | Your mother was very clear on this. | 你母亲说的很明白 |
[14:58] | A friend of mine borrowed my coat. He smokes. | 有个朋友借了我的外套 他吸烟 |
[15:00] | – What’s his name? – Henry. | -他叫什么 -亨利 |
[15:04] | And he borrows coats? | 他还借外套穿 |
[15:06] | What, is he an orphan? | 怎么着 孤儿吗 |
[15:09] | No, no. You stay. | 不 你留下 |
[15:11] | Couple of minutes. And button up. | 就几分钟 扣子扣好 |
[15:15] | This is how you wear it at school. | 学校里就这么穿 |
[15:16] | Well, you’re not at school | 你现在不是在学校 |
[15:17] | and you’re not coming home with a cold, so… | 回家感冒可不行 |
[15:22] | I got it. | 我自己来 |
[15:26] | Where’d this giant come from? | 这大小伙子是哪里来的啊 |
[15:41] | Stan. | 斯坦 |
[15:43] | Why are we seeing each other? | 我们怎么会见面 |
[15:44] | Afternoon, Eli. | 下午好 伊莱 |
[15:46] | You know Agent Knox. | 诺克斯探员你认识 |
[15:47] | Yeah. No, do I? | 我认得吗 |
[15:50] | He’s here a month already. | 他已经来了一个月了 |
[15:52] | He didn’t make an impression. What do you want from me? | 没印象 你想要什么 |
[15:55] | Introduce yourself again. | 再自我介绍一次 |
[15:56] | – Warren Knox, sir. – There he is. | -先生 我是沃伦·诺克斯 -这就是他 |
[15:59] | You see him, I don’t want you getting scared. | 你也看到了 不必紧张 |
[16:01] | Mick, we squaring up or not? | 米奇 我们还要不要清账 |
[16:04] | I’m involved in this now, Elmer. | 我现在有事 艾莫尔 |
[16:05] | Look, I don’t need all these people around, hmm? | 我不想也这么多人在场 |
[16:08] | Why don’t you two go over there and get acquainted? | 你们俩干嘛不去那边认识一下 |
[16:10] | You mean me? | 是说我吗 |
[16:13] | Yes, sir. Pardon. | 是 先生 失陪 |
[16:15] | I guess my time’s not worth anything. | 看来我的时间就是不值钱啊 |
[16:23] | You had the problem in Brigantine. | 你们在布里格汀那边的麻烦 |
[16:25] | I took care of that. | 我已经解决了 |
[16:28] | Which was above and beyond. | 完全出于额外的好意 |
[16:30] | I told him you had to sign off. | 我跟他说过要离开 |
[16:31] | I want us to go on helping each other. | 我希望我们继续互助 |
[16:33] | There’s a limit, Stan. | 这是有限度的 斯坦 |
[16:34] | You get me? | 你懂吗 |
[16:38] | I can say the same to you. | 这套说辞我要原话奉还 |
[16:47] | You know, I sure could use some law enforcement. | 话说我这边需要执法帮助 |
[16:50] | – For what? – Piney bastards keep robbing my garage. | -帮什么 -有群王八蛋总来抢我的车库 |
[16:53] | We don’t handle auto theft. | 我们不处理汽车盗窃案 |
[16:55] | I got 1,000 gallons of whiskey in there. | 里面有一千加仑威士忌 |
[16:58] | What would you want us to do? | 你要我们做什么 |
[17:00] | Don’t you catch bootleggers? | 你们不抓贩酒贼吗 |
[17:01] | Not for other bootleggers. | 不帮贩酒贼抓 |
[17:03] | Well, I got a surprise for the next fox | 我这么说吧 再有狐狸敢进鸡窝 |
[17:06] | in the henhouse, tell you that much. | 我可准备了惊喜 |
[17:11] | What surprise? | 什么惊喜 |
[17:12] | Back door, pulley, | 后门 滑车 |
[17:15] | shotgun. | 猎枪 |
[17:16] | – A booby trap? – I didn’t say it. | -陷阱吗 -我没说 |
[17:19] | – Look, Mr…. – Borst. | -这位先生 -波尔斯特 |
[17:21] | – Mr. Borst, those kinds of methods– – Agent Knox. | -布尔斯特先生 这些手段 -诺斯克探员 |
[17:24] | Sir. | 先生 |
[17:29] | Our inspection is concluded. | 本次调查结束 |
[17:36] | Ladies, welcome to the Cicero Quilting Society. | 女士们 欢迎来到西塞罗缝纫社 |
[17:40] | Would you be so kind as to come this way? | 各位是否方便到这边来呢 |
[17:42] | Now! Let’s go. | 快 快走 |
[17:44] | Hoof it. Come on. | 动一动 快走 |
[17:46] | – Give you a hand, darling? – Some manners, huh? | -亲爱的 我来扶你 -有点礼貌好不好 |
[17:49] | Couldn’t even get my makeup. | 我的化妆品都没拿 |
[17:50] | We’ll send somebody back, all right? | 我们派人去取 好吗 |
[18:05] | – Quit shoving. – They’re pushing from behind. | -别推 -后面人在挤我 |
[18:13] | I left a handbag. | 我的手袋落在车上了 |
[18:14] | Tell my brother. He’ll fetch that, too. Come on, giddyup. | 告诉我哥哥 他会拿来的 走吧 |
[18:17] | Yes, sir, we certainly do. Coming right up. | 是 先生 当然可以 马上就到 |
[18:20] | Same old boobs and boozehounds. | 全都是老样子 |
[18:23] | We got shipped over from the Deuces for this? | 牌打到一半把我弄来就是为了这个 |
[18:26] | Hey, the ceiling’s the same. | 天花板都是一样的 |
[18:28] | That’s all you’ll be looking at. | 你只许看天花板 |
[18:30] | Here you go, gentlemen. Plenty to choose from. | 来吧先生们 选择多多 |
[18:32] | Dive right in. | 一起来吧 |
[18:35] | Alphonse. | 阿尔方斯 |
[18:41] | Whatever it is, Ralphie, we blame it on you. | 不管这是什么 拉尔菲 都要怪到你头上 |
[18:43] | See the paper today? | 看今天的报纸了吗 |
[18:46] | Woodrow Wilson croaked. | 伍德罗·威尔逊咽气了 |
[18:47] | Who even knew he was still around? | 有谁知道他还活着啊 |
[18:50] | He means the local skinny, Al. | 他说的是本地内幕 阿尔 |
[18:51] | The idea was we don’t have these problems. | 重点是我们不要惹这种麻烦 |
[18:54] | That reporter, he’s a Bolshie type. | 那个记者 就是个共产分子 |
[18:56] | No one cares what he writes. | 没人在意他写些什么 |
[18:58] | I might. I might care. | 我或许会在意 |
[18:59] | – What’d he write? – Ralphie, | -他会写什么 -拉尔菲 |
[19:01] | go outside, huh? Keep an eye on things. | 出去 小心行事 |
[19:07] | Let them run who they want. It don’t matter. | 随便他们推谁 无所谓 |
[19:10] | We got Jumping Joe Klenha here. | 我们有跳跳乔在 |
[19:12] | – All sewed up, right? – Tight as a drum, gents. | -万无一失 对吧 -绝对稳妥 先生们 |
[19:15] | Could always throw him down the stairs again. | 再扔他下一次楼梯总是可以的 |
[19:16] | Oh, no, no. | 不不 |
[19:17] | That was just high spirits. | 不过是一时激动罢了 |
[19:19] | I’ve never hugged a mayor before. | 还没拥抱过市长呢 |
[19:22] | – Talks about you, John. – I know that, Ralph. I read it. | -说你呢 强尼 -我知道 拉尔夫 我读过 |
[19:24] | “Chicago crime boss Johnny Torrio has expanded his reach | “芝加哥黑道头子强尼·托里奥 |
[19:28] | to include bootlegging, gambling, and prostitution | 在一些有力支持者的帮助下 |
[19:31] | with the cheerful assistance of our Cicero boosters.” | 已经将触手延伸到贩卖私酒 赌博 以及卖淫上 |
[19:35] | Now who could that be? | 说的是谁呢 |
[19:36] | “Torrio could be found rusticating at our Hawthorne Inn, | 托里奥常驻在霍桑旅店 |
[19:40] | exerting control through the rough justice of his fact– | 遥控着他那位暴力的肿 |
[19:47] | – fac–” – Factotum. | -肿 -总管 |
[19:48] | – Fat whosis? – “Factotum Alphonse…” | -总什么玩意 -总管阿尔方斯 |
[19:52] | Frank, look. | 来看 弗兰克 |
[19:53] | – What? – Nothing, it’s just– | -什么 -没啥 就是个 |
[19:56] | “Alphonse Caponi.” | 阿尔方斯·卡彭尼 |
[19:58] | Sounds like a real no-account. | 听着就像个小人物 |
[20:04] | He gets my fucking name wrong? | 我名字都他妈没写对 |
[20:11] | “A Few Moments With Eddie Cantor.” | 《和埃迪·康托尔一起》 |
[20:13] | I tell some jokes, a couple of songs. | 我讲几个笑话 唱几首歌 |
[20:16] | – Which ones? – “The Dumber They Come…” | -什么歌 -女孩越是笨 |
[20:18] | Absolutely sidesplitting. | 能让人笑破肚皮 |
[20:19] | There’s a doctor standing by with catgut at every showing. | 所以每场演出都有外科医生 |
[20:23] | To sew people up from laughing? | 缝上笑破的肚皮吗 |
[20:26] | It’s quite amazing. | 真厉害 |
[20:27] | You hear everything just like he was right in front of you. | 听起来就像他在你眼前一样 |
[20:30] | He is right in front of me. | 他就在我眼前啊 |
[20:31] | But this is a movie. | 但这是电影 |
[20:33] | Somehow that makes it seem more real. | 而且感觉更真实 |
[20:35] | If that makes any sense. | 不过好像没什么道理 |
[20:38] | It does when you say it. | 你一说就有道理了 |
[20:40] | – We’ve got a rehearsal, pumpkin. – Not till 4:00. | -还要排练呢 亲爱的 -4点才开始呢 |
[20:42] | You know what the Scouts say, “Be prepared.” | 童子军营的教诲 时刻准备着 |
[20:45] | So does my gynecologist. | 我的妇科医生也这么说 |
[20:48] | But truthfully, kiddo– | 不过说实话 孩子 |
[20:50] | I’ll see that she gets to the church on time, Eddie. | 我会准时送她过去的 爱迪 |
[20:54] | Take a cab. It’s safer. | 打车去吧 安全点 |
[21:10] | You own this? | 这是你的吗 |
[21:12] | Mr. White does. I just like the atmosphere. | 怀特先生的 我就是喜欢这 |
[21:16] | You know Owney Madden? | 你知道欧尼·麦登吗 |
[21:16] | 此人是当时美国有名的黑社会头目,绰号杀手,以贩卖私酒为生 后购买了一个夜店改建成著名的棉花俱乐部,后此人又通过操控拳击比赛牟取暴利 | |
[21:17] | I’ve heard of him. | 听说过 |
[21:18] | He runs the Cotton Club. | 他有个棉花俱乐部 |
[21:20] | You go up to Harlem? | 你去过哈林区吗 |
[21:21] | When someone takes me. | 有人陪着我才去 |
[21:24] | I expect that happens pretty often. | 看来经常有人陪着你 |
[21:29] | He didn’t want me to meet you. | 他不希望我见你 |
[21:31] | – Owney Madden? – Mr. Cantor. | -欧尼·麦登吗 -康托尔先生 |
[21:34] | He said you’re dangerous. | 他说你很危险 |
[21:37] | Is it true? | 是真的吗 |
[21:38] | If you think so, you’d better hightail it. | 你要是觉得是真的 赶紧逃命去呀 |
[21:41] | Will something bad happen if I stay? | 我要是不走 会出什么不好的事吗 |
[21:45] | Heads up, ladies. Heads up. | 头抬起来 姑娘们 抬起来 |
[21:47] | This is where I spend most of my time. | 我多数时间都待在这里 |
[21:52] | A retreat, you might call it. | 可以算是韬光养晦吧 |
[21:56] | Not the biggest room in the house, | 虽然不是最大的屋子 |
[21:58] | but the one I like best. | 却是我最喜欢的 |
[22:03] | Looks out over the lawn. | 能看到草坪 |
[22:07] | And, of course, en suite facilities. | 当然还有全套设施 |
[22:11] | One of 12, | 十二个屋子都有 |
[22:13] | including a Roman bath. | 还有罗马式浴缸 |
[22:14] | Lot of upkeep. | 平时开销不少啊 |
[22:15] | It was built during the Great Age. | 大繁荣时代建造的 |
[22:17] | It’s waiting for a man. | 这房子在等待一个人 |
[22:20] | The right man to bring it back to life. | 等待合适的人让她重现生机 |
[22:26] | Cotillions with full orchestras. | 随着音乐起舞 |
[22:29] | Ermine muffs on winter nights. | 裹着白雪入冬 |
[22:32] | Hmm, you’re quite the scene painter. | 描述的栩栩如生啊 |
[22:36] | I’m just describing the possibilities. | 只是发挥了一下想象力 |
[22:38] | Mm-hmm. Well, something to think about. | 确实值得想一想 |
[22:42] | And that’s what I’m going to let you do. | 我先让您想一想 |
[22:45] | For a minute. | 稍等 |
[23:15] | Well? | 怎么样 |
[23:18] | What’s the verdict? | 决定了没有 |
[23:20] | I guess I… | 我觉得 |
[23:23] | have to ask how much? | 还是得问价钱 |
[23:24] | It’s not really the amount, is it? | 钱不重要 不是吗 |
[23:27] | It’s what you get for it. | 你得到的才最重要 |
[23:28] | But it’s still a number. | 但那也是钱啊 |
[23:35] | 30 30. | |
[23:38] | If you want me to put it in my mouth, it’s another 10. | 如果要口活 再加10块 |
[23:47] | Mr. Werner? | 沃尔纳先生 |
[23:52] | Sir? | 先生 |
[23:53] | Yes, Florence? | 怎么了 弗洛伦斯 |
[23:55] | Will you need anything else? | 您还需要什么吗 |
[23:56] | No. | 不要了 |
[23:58] | You have a good evening. | 晚安 |
[23:59] | I put the present on your desk. | 礼物我放您桌子上了 |
[24:01] | Right in front of me. Thank you. | 就在我面前 谢谢你 |
[24:04] | You just need to sign the card. | 您写好卡片就行了 |
[24:10] | Well, good night, then. | 晚安 |
[24:19] | Pretty sure these are roller skates. | 这肯定是溜冰鞋 |
[24:26] | You have children? | 你有孩子吗 |
[24:33] | No? | 没有吗 |
[24:40] | I’m a– ahem… | 我就 就 |
[24:43] | a middleman. | 是个中间人 |
[24:46] | That’s all. | 就这样 |
[24:49] | I take orders from Milwaukee. | 我听密尔沃基的指示 |
[24:51] | I– I don’t ask questions. | 不问问题 |
[24:56] | I call a number, they do the rest. | 然后打个电话 剩下的他们办 |
[24:59] | If someone gets hurt, that’s not my– | 要是不小心伤到了谁 那不是 |
[25:08] | You’re doing this for money? | 你是为了钱吗 |
[25:12] | $5,000 in that safe. | 保险箱里有五千块 |
[25:16] | Take it. | 拿走吧 |
[25:19] | Walk away. I’ll never say a word. | 离开吧 我保证不说出去 |
[25:21] | I’ll just– | 我 |
[25:28] | You don’t know me. | 你都不认识我 |
[25:31] | You don’t know anything about me. | 你根本不了解我 |
[25:33] | I know you’re gonna die. | 我知道你要死了 |
[25:37] | Can I at least… | 我能不能 |
[25:59] | This– this is who you want. | 你要找的是他 |
[26:01] | His name, his address. | 名字 还有地址 |
[26:04] | He runs things. | 他才是负责的 |
[26:13] | Why? | 为什么 |
[26:59] | Then you go beat people up? | 然后你们就揍人吗 |
[27:01] | Uncle Nucky? | 努基伯父 |
[27:02] | They sing it at football games. | 他们在橄榄球比赛时唱 |
[27:04] | How often do you go to those? | 你多久去踢一次球 |
[27:06] | Once in a while with the fellas. | 时不时的 和朋友们一起 |
[27:08] | Instead of studying? | 不学习吗 |
[27:11] | Didn’t he get an A in accounting? | 他会计学不是得了优吗 |
[27:13] | It’s geography of commerce. | 是贸易地理学 |
[27:15] | Answer the question. | 回答问题 |
[27:17] | Who are these other fellas? | 你朋友们都是谁 |
[27:20] | There’s Flitch and Dobby. | 有弗林奇 多比 |
[27:23] | Tip. Henry. | 迪普 亨利 |
[27:26] | Everyone calls him Bucket. | 大伙都叫他水桶 |
[27:28] | These are boys or ponies? | 这是人名还是马名 |
[27:30] | They’re all a lot of fun. | 他们很有意思的 |
[27:32] | Are they smokers? | 他们抽烟吗 |
[27:34] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[27:35] | You spend so much time with them. | 你不是经常跟他们在一起吗 |
[27:36] | – None of us smoke. – I don’t want you picking that up. | -我们都不抽 -我不希望你抽烟 |
[27:39] | Me? He’s like a chimney. | 还说我 老爹可是杆大烟枪 |
[27:41] | Hey, this is your mother. | 这是你妈妈 |
[27:43] | Maybe you forgot that now you’re so popular. | 在这大家可都关注着你呢 |
[27:46] | I haven’t forgotten. | 我知道 |
[27:47] | Then what do you say? | 那你该说什么 |
[27:52] | – Ma. – Yes? | -妈 -什么事 |
[28:00] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[28:02] | Well, I should hope so. | 但愿是真心话 |
[28:07] | You have to go? | 你要走了吗 |
[28:08] | I do. But this was lovely as always. | 对 不过在这的时光一直很愉快 |
[28:14] | Fight for the Cherry and the White. | 为切莉和怀特奋斗 |
[28:15] | Yes, sir. | 遵命 |
[28:17] | – I’ll call you later. – Good night, Uncle Nucky. | -回头打给你 -晚安 努基伯父 |
[28:18] | Bye, Nucky. | 再见 努基 |
[28:21] | Help me clean. | 来帮我收拾 |
[28:22] | Let’s go. Everybody help Mommy. | 走吧 去帮妈妈 |
[28:25] | Take that. Take your plates. | 拿着那个 拿着盘子 |
[28:27] | Uncle Nucky. | 努基伯父 |
[28:31] | Willie, put a coat on. | 穿件外套啊 威利 |
[28:33] | Ma’s checking it for tobacco stains. | 我妈拿去查抽烟的痕迹了 |
[28:36] | Should have stayed in Philadelphia for the break. | 我应该留在费城过节 |
[28:38] | You need to see your family. | 你需要来见家人 |
[28:40] | And they need to see you. | 他们也想见到你 |
[28:41] | Why? I show up and my dad | 为什么 一见到我 |
[28:44] | just tells me the things I’m not supposed to do. | 老爸就开始告诉我这不能那不能 |
[28:46] | What do you think he should be telling you? | 那你觉得他该说什么呢 |
[28:48] | Business. How it works. | 生意 怎么运作的 |
[28:52] | Which business is that? | 什么生意 |
[28:54] | Ours. | 我们的 |
[28:58] | There’s what I do, what your father helps me with. | 这生意我在做 你爸也在帮我 |
[29:02] | It’s nothing for you to worry about. | 不需要你担心 |
[29:04] | I’m not worried. I just think that– | 我没担心 我就是想 |
[29:06] | You came through for me, Will. | 你帮过我 威利 |
[29:07] | I haven’t forgotten. | 我记得 |
[29:09] | What you need to do now is get the degree. | 现在你需要拿到学位 |
[29:12] | We’re all counting on it, okay? | 希望可都寄托在你身上 |
[29:14] | – Sure. – Keep earning As. | -当然 -好好学习 |
[29:17] | And anything you want to get off your chest, | 如果有什么想倾诉的 |
[29:19] | you could always come to me. | 尽管来找我 |
[29:25] | I do smoke. | 我确实抽烟 |
[29:28] | I know. I went to college for a year. | 我知道 我上过一年大学 |
[29:31] | It’s where I picked up all my bad habits. | 我就是从那学到的坏习惯 |
[29:46] | Alphonse Capone. | 阿尔方斯·卡彭 |
[29:50] | Alphonse Capone. | 阿尔方斯·卡彭 |
[29:52] | Seriously, | 说真的 |
[29:53] | how hard is that, huh? | 很难念吗 |
[29:58] | The reporter’s name is St. John. | 那个记者的名字叫圣约翰 |
[30:00] | – So? – So he’s probably a pilgrim or something. | -所以呢 -所以他也许是个朝圣者之类的 |
[30:03] | He’s not gonna know. | 他不知道这名字 |
[30:04] | Spelled Torrio right. | 但是把托里奥的名字拼对了 |
[30:06] | Yeah, well, people heard of Johnny. | 那是 人人都知道强尼 |
[30:11] | That’s my point. | 这正是我的意思 |
[30:13] | You screwy? | 你没事吧 |
[30:15] | People heard of Johnny, good. | 大家都知道强尼 很好 |
[30:16] | Let him take the heat. | 让他当出头鸟 |
[30:18] | Nobody should know you. | 没人认识你 |
[30:20] | What are you saying, Frank? | 你在说什么 弗兰克 |
[30:21] | In this line of work, | 干我们这行的 |
[30:22] | -the fewer people that know who you are– -i was here first, huh. | -认识你的人越少 -是我先到的 |
[30:25] | I what? | 我什么 |
[30:26] | Just saying, I was here first. | 我只是说 是我先来到这里的 |
[30:28] | You understand what he’s getting at? | 你看出来他想说什么了吗 |
[30:29] | And I bring you both out | 我把你俩都带出来 |
[30:30] | ’cause that’s what a brother does. | 因为这是兄弟应该做的 |
[30:32] | And I bought this house that we’re living in. | 我买了咱们现在住的房子 |
[30:34] | And I run the Inn and the Ship. | 我经营旅馆和餐厅 |
[30:37] | And that’s not nothing, Frank. | 这可不是默默无闻的奉献 弗兰克 |
[30:39] | Okay? I’m not nothing. | 好吗 我不是默默无闻的小人物 |
[30:42] | I’m nobody’s “Fatotus.” | 我不是任何人的”总管” |
[30:48] | Al Capone… with an E. | 阿尔·卡彭 结尾有个E |
[30:50] | With an E. | 结尾有个E |
[30:54] | – Hey, Snork. – Don’t call me that. | -斯诺克 -别这么叫我 |
[30:58] | – Snorky. – Don’t call me that, Frank. | -斯诺基 -别这么叫我 弗兰克 |
[31:00] | Come on. No, really. | 行了 说真的 |
[31:03] | You’re special. | 你是特别的 |
[31:04] | You are a very special boy. | 你是个与众不同的男孩 |
[31:07] | Oh, fuck you. | 去你妈的 |
[31:10] | Keep at it, Al. | 加油 阿尔 |
[31:13] | Don’t take no guff. | 不忍了 |
[31:16] | Atta boy. | 好样的 |
[31:21] | No, no, Ma. They’re horsing around. | 没事 妈 他们闹着玩呢 |
[31:26] | What? | 怎么了 |
[31:33] | I don’t have time for that. | 我没时间喝酒 |
[31:36] | I have to be back in 40 minutes. | 我得在40分钟之内回去 |
[31:38] | I couldn’t have been clearer. | 来之前交代的很清楚 |
[31:51] | Is this considered a good hotel | 这里算是城里 |
[31:53] | in this part of town? | 比较好的旅馆吗 |
[31:54] | – You don’t like it? – It’s disgusting. | -你不喜欢吗 -让人恶心 |
[31:58] | Another. | 再来一杯 |
[32:01] | Please. | 谢谢 |
[32:07] | Is your boss a smart man? | 你老板是聪明人吗 |
[32:09] | Mr. White? Knows his way around. | 怀特先生 对他的生意很清楚 |
[32:11] | He should be careful. | 他应该小心点 |
[32:13] | Dickie’s not that honest. | 迪基没有那么忠诚 |
[32:15] | He steals from the acts, he steals from the owners. | 他从行动中中饱私囊 从业主那收受回扣 |
[32:20] | He’s a nasty little thief. | 他是个卑劣的小偷 |
[32:21] | He’s your husband. | 他是你丈夫 |
[32:23] | I like to say bad things about him. | 我喜欢说他的坏话 |
[32:26] | It’s not very nice, is it? | 这不是很好 对吧 |
[32:29] | For someone in a hurry, you talk a lot. | 对于一个赶时间的人来说 你的话太多了 |
[32:46] | Don’t touch my hair. | 别碰我头发 |
[33:08] | Is that how you fuck, huh? | 这是你做爱的方式是吧 |
[33:11] | Is that how you do it? | 你就是这么干的吗 |
[33:13] | Fuck you. Fuck you, you fuck. | 操你妈 操你妈 你这个混蛋 |
[33:16] | Swirl that cock. | 使劲动 |
[33:18] | Swirl it. Like that. | 使劲 就像那样 |
[33:21] | Like that. Like that. | 就像那样 那样 |
[33:23] | Oh, like that! | 那样 |
[33:26] | Christ, you’re fucking me! | 天呢 你在操我 |
[33:28] | – Hi. – Motherfucker! | -你好 -该死的 |
[33:33] | Look at this. | 看看这个 |
[33:34] | Look what’s happening now. | 看看发生了什么 |
[33:37] | – Dickie, he made me. – No, no, no. | -迪基 是他强迫我的 -不 不 不 |
[33:38] | – He said he’d drive me to our hotel. – That ain’t what happened. | -他说他会载我去我们的旅馆 -不是这么回事 |
[33:42] | You know what? | 听我说 |
[33:44] | Sit down right there. | 坐下 |
[33:46] | Go on. Whoa! What are you doing? | 快点 你在干什么 |
[33:49] | Pulling up my pants. | 提裤子 |
[33:51] | I just said sit, nothing else. | 我只说让你坐下 没让你干别的 |
[34:00] | Tell me what happened. | 告诉我发生了什么 |
[34:04] | – I can’t. – Shh. | -我不能 -别说话 |
[34:07] | I know you’re upset. | 我知道你很失望 |
[34:11] | I got in his car. | 我坐上了他的车 |
[34:12] | While I was going over the contracts? | 当我在看合同的时候 |
[34:14] | Yes, it must have been. | 是的 就是这样 |
[34:15] | And then he drove away from the boardwalk to– to– | 然后他开车离开了木板路 |
[34:18] | To the Negro part of town. | 来到了黑人区 |
[34:20] | – He threatened me with a straight razor. – I don’t carry no– | -他用剃须刀威胁我 -我没带 |
[34:23] | My wife is talking. She’s explaining. | 我的妻子在说话 她在解释 |
[34:26] | And you just interrupt. | 你却总是打断她 |
[34:27] | Look, Dickie. How about– | 听着 迪基 不如我们 |
[34:30] | We’re not on a first name basis. | 咱们还没熟到可以直呼名号的地步 |
[34:32] | We’re not friends. | 你我不是朋友 |
[34:33] | You’re fucking my wife and you interrupt. | 你上了我老婆 还打断她说话 |
[34:36] | And, you know, I go around and I spend a lot of time | 我常出没此地 花费大量时间 |
[34:40] | with all of you. | 和你们这些人呆在一起 |
[34:42] | Do business, eat your food, | 做生意 吃你们的食物 |
[34:45] | put money in your pockets. | 给你们钱 |
[34:48] | And I love the music. I really do. | 我很喜欢你们的音乐 非常喜欢 |
[34:52] | But in the end, you know what always happens? | 但是到最后 你知道通常会发生什么吗 |
[34:54] | Well, I think– | 我觉得 |
[34:55] | You act like the fucking niggers that you are. | 你展露出你的黑鬼本性了 |
[35:01] | Isn’t that right? | 没错吧 |
[35:14] | Isn’t it? | 没错吧 |
[35:17] | Yes. | 没错 |
[35:18] | Yes what? | 什么没错 |
[35:22] | Yes, boss. | 老板 没错 |
[35:32] | Go on. | 继续 |
[35:34] | What? | 干什么 |
[35:35] | Act like a nigger. | 展现你的黑鬼本性 |
[35:39] | She’s waiting. | 她等着你呢 |
[35:55] | I’ll put your brains on the wall. | 我会一枪崩了你 |
[36:11] | Let go of your trousers. | 脱裤子 |
[36:19] | It’s all just some fun. | 就是为了多点情趣 |
[36:40] | There’s no changing you people. | 你们黑人还是老样子 |
[37:20] | He said expect the drop-off around 11:00. | 他说11点左右交易 |
[37:22] | 20 after already. | 已经晚了20分钟了 |
[37:24] | I guess criminals aren’t very punctual. | 我猜罪犯们通常都不太守时 |
[37:26] | Perhaps it’s why they have | 也许这正是他们 |
[37:27] | trouble being productive members of society. | 不能成为社会有益分子一员的原因 |
[37:30] | Maybe your informant was just lying to you. | 也许是你的线人撒谎了 |
[37:33] | He gave a strong impression of sincerity. | 他给人感觉非常可靠 |
[37:38] | I wouldn’t mind an arrest or two under my belt. | 我不介意抓上这么一两个人 |
[37:40] | That’s the way to do it, right? | 就应该这样 |
[37:43] | Keep Supervisor Elliot from getting too nosy? | 不让埃利奥特督查多担心 |
[37:47] | The hell they give me tea for? | 他们给我茶干什么 |
[37:49] | That should be mine. Sorry. | 那是我的 抱歉 |
[37:53] | I haven’t touched it. | 我还没喝 |
[37:59] | That farmer fella today over at Mr. Doyle’s? | 今天在多伊尔那看到的那个农民 |
[38:03] | Roly-poly Otis. | 罗利-保利·奥蒂斯 |
[38:06] | I thought his name was Elmer. | 我以为他的名字是埃尔默 |
[38:07] | They’re all Otis to me. | 他们对我来说都叫奥蒂斯 |
[38:10] | Anyhow, he’s got some problems. | 不管怎么说 他有问题 |
[38:13] | – Who does? – Elm– | -谁 -埃尔 |
[38:15] | Otis. | 奥蒂斯 |
[38:17] | Awful lot of liquor in his garage. | 车库里有很多酒 |
[38:19] | And kind of funny, I guess– | 有意思的是 |
[38:21] | he asked us to help him keep tabs on it. | 他求我们帮忙关注那些酒 |
[38:26] | – This was to you? – I couldn’t shut him up. | -这话跟你说的 -我没办法让他闭嘴 |
[38:28] | Not to mention that bankroll he was toting. | 更别说他带着的现金了 |
[38:31] | That was quite the spectacle. | 很出人意外 |
[38:33] | He asked the Treasury agents. | 他向财政部探员请求过帮助 |
[38:35] | Oh, boy. I mean– | 天呢 我是说 |
[38:39] | I mean, just think about that. | 我是说 你就想想 |
[38:46] | You know what you’ve done here? | 你知道你在这做了什么吗 |
[38:50] | I signed contracts with that man. | 我和这家伙签了合同 |
[38:52] | He connected in New York. | 他有纽约的关系 |
[38:55] | And I work on him | 我讨好他 |
[38:57] | so that club can turn some scratch. | 这样酒吧就能赚钱 |
[39:00] | Make him my friend inch by inch. | 一点一点把他变成我的朋友 |
[39:05] | And you go let loose a crap all over it | 而你因为这点小事 |
[39:07] | for 15 minute worth of jelly. | 就失去理智了 |
[39:10] | ‘Cause you the fucking sweetback, huh? | 就因为你上了他老婆 |
[39:14] | What you got to say for yourself? | 你有什么可说的 |
[39:18] | She a devil, that’s all. | 她是个恶魔 就这样 |
[39:19] | And she stuck the bottle up his neck? | 是她用酒瓶子杀了他吗 |
[39:52] | Jesus Christ, his head’s practically off. | 天呢 他的头基本上已经掉了 |
[39:55] | He earned it. | 这是他应得的 |
[39:56] | Right now I don’t care what your side is, okay? | 现在我不想管你的看法是什么 明白吗 |
[40:00] | Who was he? | 他是谁 |
[40:01] | Dickie Pastor. | 迪基·帕斯特 |
[40:03] | Booking agent. Bring acts around the club. | 经纪人 负责组织俱乐部的表演 |
[40:09] | Worked for Owney Madden. | 欧尼·麦登的手下 |
[40:14] | – And the girl? – Climb out the window. | -那个女的呢 -从窗户爬出去了 |
[40:19] | I guess you were too busy. | 我猜你当时太忙了是吧 |
[40:20] | Anybody know he came here? | 有人知道他来这里吗 |
[40:21] | Night man let him in. Couldn’t say who else. | 守夜的让他进来 不知道有没有其他人看见 |
[40:27] | Slip him out the back way. | 把他从后门拖出去 |
[40:29] | Yeah. I got a place. | 我知道个地方 |
[40:31] | We find that girl. | 我们得找到那个女孩 |
[40:33] | She ain’t got no coat, no shoes, no money. | 她没穿衣服 没穿鞋 也没钱 |
[40:36] | Then what? | 那又怎么样 |
[40:37] | Just take care of it. | 把问题解决了 |
[40:43] | Make sure people stay quiet here. | 让某人安静地待在这里 |
[41:01] | That on you. | 都怪你 |
[41:15] | Sweetback. | 情夫 |
[41:18] | Sweetback. | 情夫 |
[41:19] | The hell you leave the door open for? | 你干嘛把门打开 |
[41:21] | Letting all the cold in. | 冷空气直往里钻 |
[41:39] | – Don’t slam it. – You heard him now. | -轻点关门 -照做 |
[41:48] | There a shoe right there. | 那儿有只鞋 |
[41:57] | Nuh-uh. Don’t be throwing it now. | 别 现在别扔 |
[42:55] | Well? | 那个 |
[42:57] | What’s the verdict? | 决定了没有 |
[42:59] | You’re asking a lot. | 你要价太高了 |
[43:01] | I promise you, it’s worth it. | 我向你保证 物有所值 |
[43:03] | I don’t doubt it. | 我知道 |
[43:05] | Still… | 不过 |
[43:08] | Is there anything I can do to persuade you? | 我怎么样才能让你心甘情愿呢 |
[43:12] | It’s just so much bigger than anything I would need. | 这房子太大了 很多东西我用不着 |
[43:15] | And, uh… | 还有 |
[43:18] | What? | 什么 |
[43:19] | Well, it’s none of my business, but… | 其实与我无关 但是… |
[43:22] | I don’t think you really want to sell it. | 我觉得你不是真心想卖 |
[43:24] | I assure you I do. | 我真心想卖 |
[43:29] | It’s just the way that you talk about it. | 你说要卖房子时的样子 |
[43:30] | I know what that’s like, leaving something behind | 我明白这种感觉 鼓足勇气 |
[43:33] | that’s part of you, finding that courage. | 舍弃你生命中的一部分 |
[43:36] | In any case, I only need something for a few months. | 总之 我只需要用某些东西几个月 |
[43:39] | Beautiful woodwork. | 精美的木制品 |
[43:42] | Mr. Phillips. | 菲利普斯先生 |
[43:43] | Roy. | 可以叫我罗伊 |
[43:45] | What brings you to our little town? | 你来这个小地方有何贵干 |
[43:49] | Piggly Wiggly. | 小猪妞妞 |
[43:50] | – Huh? – It’s a supermarket chain. | -什么 -是一家连锁超市 |
[43:52] | We’re expanding into the northeast and I’m here to set it up. | 我们在向西北发展 我是来开超市的 |
[43:56] | Well, that must be hard on your wife. | 那您的妻子肯定不好过 |
[43:59] | Well, as I said, | 就像我说的 |
[44:01] | leaving things behind. | 舍弃某些东西 |
[44:05] | Cotillions and ermine muffs. | 交际舞 貂毛手筒 |
[44:08] | That would suit you well. | 肯定很适合你 |
[44:11] | Do you really think so? | 你真这么觉得 |
[44:13] | I’m a bit of a dreamer at heart. | 我内心是一个爱做梦的人 |
[44:19] | I’m sorry. I have another place to look at. | 抱歉 我还要去其他地方看看 |
[44:21] | Where? | 哪里 |
[44:22] | Bungalow Park. | 别墅公园 |
[44:25] | You don’t want to live there. | 那可不是个居住的好地方 |
[44:29] | Can’t trust a realtor now, can you? | 现在房产中介真不可信啊 是吧 |
[44:36] | Say, you wouldn’t consider– | 假如 你不考虑… |
[44:39] | I seem to be a bit at sea here. | 我人生地不熟的 |
[44:41] | I could use a knowledgeable companion. | 我需要一个有见识的陪同 |
[44:45] | Well, I’m certainly that. | 没问题 |
[45:13] | Factotum. | 总管 |
[45:15] | Yes? | 什么 |
[45:17] | That’s a servant or something. | 是指服务员还是啥的 |
[45:20] | Whatever you tell them to do. | 言听计从的那种人 |
[45:25] | I looked it up. | 我查过字典 |
[45:27] | How old are you? | 你多大 |
[45:30] | 22. | 二十二岁 |
[45:31] | Making a name for yourself, huh? | 想出名啊 |
[45:33] | I’m reporting the truth. | 我在报道事实 |
[45:35] | Oh, the truth? | 事实 |
[45:51] | Read that aloud. | 大声读出来 |
[45:53] | One letter at a time. | 一个字母一个字母地读 |
[46:01] | C-A-P-O-N “C-a-p-o-n- | |
[46:10] | E E.” | |
[46:16] | Now you know. | 现在你知道了 |
[46:47] | Against the sable sky of perfumed night, | 芬香之夜 昏暗天空下 |
[46:51] | it’s the darkest gems that shine most bright. | 最黑的宝石最闪耀 |
[46:57] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[46:59] | the Onyx Girls. | 玛瑙姑娘 |
[47:07] | That’s my favorite color! | 那是我最喜欢的颜色 |
[47:10] | Bring on the dancing girls. | 把姑娘们带上来 |
[48:20] | She’s white, half-naked. What’s the difficulty? | 她是白人 还半裸 找她有什么难的 |
[48:22] | Maybe she froze in a doorway somewhere. | 可能她在某个门口冻僵了 |
[48:25] | Scamper off to New York. | 逃去纽约了 |
[48:26] | You know, you missed your calling. | 你在这儿工作 真是大材小用了 |
[48:28] | – How’s that? – You should have been a detective. | -怎么讲 -你应该去做一个侦探 |
[48:30] | – I ain’t the one what– – Dunn. | -我不是… -邓恩 |
[48:34] | Go check the bar. | 去吧台看看 |
[48:42] | Man stood for you when it counted. | 人的忍耐是有原因的 |
[48:45] | He need riding, I’ll be the one on his back. | 教训他的人应该是我 |
[48:47] | Just so we’re clear, I don’t want anyone else’s grief. | 那我们说明白 我不想再看到什么不幸 |
[48:51] | You ain’t gonna get it. | 你不会看到 |
[49:06] | I thought you’d abandoned me. | 我以为你丢下我了 |
[49:08] | I wouldn’t dare. | 怎敢 |
[49:10] | What do you think of the show? | 演出怎么样 |
[49:12] | Deliciously primitive. | 让人垂涎的原始冲动 |
[49:14] | Bring out the beast in you? | 把你心里的小野兽也勾引出来了 |
[49:19] | You’re just gonna have to wait and see. | 你就等着瞧吧 |
[49:37] | What do you suppose he’s doing in there? | 他在里面做什么 |
[49:39] | How should I know? | 我怎么知道 |
[49:41] | Well, why don’t I knock on the door and announce our presence? | 我们为何不去敲门 和他见面 |
[49:44] | And then what? | 然后又怎样 |
[49:46] | We make it clear to Mr. Borst that in order to provide | 我们跟波尔斯特先生说清楚 |
[49:50] | the protection he wants, we require a certain amount– | 我们保护他 他付给我们一定的… |
[49:53] | We’re just gonna blow this hillbilly over. | 我们去给这个乡巴佬一个惊喜 |
[50:09] | – It’s a 50-50 split. – Is that standard? | -五五分成 -都这样分吗 |
[50:13] | Just draw your weapon and follow me. | 拔枪 跟我走 |
[50:19] | Come on. Don’t worry. | 走啊 别担心 |
[50:21] | We’re the law. | 我们就是执法者 |
[50:22] | It’s not that. | 不是这个原因 |
[50:24] | I just don’t see well in the dark. | 我在黑暗里视力不好 |
[50:27] | How’d you make the Bureau, bub? | 你怎么混到禁酒局的 老兄 |
[50:28] | My uncle is in the same Elks Lodge as our congressman. | 我的叔叔和议员在同一个慈善互助会馆 |
[50:33] | Just stand here. | 待在这儿 |
[50:35] | Don’t bump into anything. | 别搞出什么事情来 |
[50:37] | Watch the front, then come when I signal. | 盯着前面 看我示意 你再过来 |
[51:15] | Mr. Borst. | 波尔斯特先生 |
[52:11] | I’ll call it in, sir. | 我会叫人来的 |
[52:13] | Soon as I get a grip on myself. | 等我先镇定一下 |
[52:16] | I don’t mind saying, | 我不介意承认 |
[52:17] | this has all got me pretty rattled. | 这场面让我有点惊慌失措 |
[52:26] | Can we make a deal? | 我们能达成一个协议吗 |
[52:28] | What’d you have in mind? | 你想说什么 |
[52:31] | I won’t tell Cantor if you don’t. | 如果你不告诉康托尔 我也不会说 |
[52:34] | “The Dumber They Come.” | “来者愈蠢” |
[52:37] | He’s a doll, though. | 不过他很可爱 |
[52:39] | Learn something new every day. | 每天都能学到一些新东西 |
[52:44] | Is this really where you live? | 你真住在这里 |
[52:46] | It suits my needs. | 这里能满足我的所需 |
[52:50] | But that’s how it is with a bachelor. | 单身男人就是这样的 |
[52:54] | Lonely? | 寂寞 |
[52:57] | Now and then. | 偶尔 |
[53:01] | I have a confession. | 我得坦白 |
[53:05] | I’ve wanted to meet you for a long time. | 我想和你长时间交往下去 |
[53:09] | Why? | 为什么 |
[53:11] | Everyone talked about you and Billie. | 大家都曾说过你和贝莉的事 |
[53:15] | What did they say? | 说什么 |
[53:16] | Well… | 就是… |
[53:20] | how else could she star on Broadway? | 不然她是怎么在百老汇成名的 |
[53:41] | Just give me a minute. | 我去去就来 |
[53:56] | Mr. Thompson has asked me to say | 汤普森先生让我告诉你 |
[53:58] | he has been called away. | 他有事儿先走了 |
[54:00] | He just said he was coming back. | 他刚刚说去去就来 |
[54:02] | But he is not. | 但是他没有 |
[54:05] | Son of a goddamn bitch. | 天杀的混蛋 |
[54:08] | Pardon me? | 你说什么 |
[54:09] | What am I supposed to do? | 我应该怎么办 |
[54:10] | You are supposed to leave. | 你应该离开 |
[54:59] | You didn’t have to get up. | 你不用起来 |
[55:00] | I was not yet asleep. | 我还没睡 |
[56:50] | Emma. | 艾玛 |
[56:57] | I’ve come home. | 我回来了 |