时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:54] | Use your foot. | 用你的脚 |
[01:57] | – Push. – How long is this gonna take? | -推 -还要多久 |
[02:01] | It’s not moving. | 拧不动 |
[02:04] | The lugs are rusted. | 螺丝生锈了 |
[02:07] | Where’s Walt Wallet when you need him, huh? | 沃尔特·沃勒特怎么不出现呢 |
[02:10] | “Gasoline Alley,” Right? | 你说的是《汽油巷》里的男主吧 |
[02:16] | Yeah, it ain’t going anywhere. | 它不会乱跑的 |
[02:23] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[02:24] | Well, it was. | 现在可不好 |
[02:27] | Flat tire, eh? | 车胎漏气了 |
[02:29] | Lugs are rusted. At least this lug is. | 螺丝都生锈了 至少这个生锈了 |
[02:33] | I got some 3-In-One in the glove box. | 我的工具箱里有”三合一” |
[02:35] | – Maybe that’ll help. – I don’t know what that is. | -也许有用 -什么东西 |
[02:38] | It’s oil. What else? | 润滑油 不然是什么 |
[02:41] | Let him get the thing. | 让他拿来试试 |
[02:45] | Guess there’s no point. | 估计没用 |
[03:01] | Could have been a tool. | 也有可能是种工具 |
[03:03] | Pardon? | 什么 |
[03:04] | 3-In-One. | “三合一” |
[03:06] | “What else?” You said. | 你说”不然是什么” |
[03:09] | Could have been a wrench or something. | 也可能是个扳手什么的 |
[03:11] | I don’t see how it could have been a wrench. | 怎么可能是个扳手 |
[03:12] | – Or a solvent of some type. – Well, naturally, but… | -也许是一种溶剂 -差不多 但是… |
[03:18] | I grew up in Sicily. Sperlinga. | 我在西西里岛的斯佩林加长大 |
[03:22] | We had olive oil, not– what-do-you-call– 3-In-One. | 我们有橄榄油 可没有你说的”三合一” |
[03:27] | Look, mister, I– I didn’t mean anything by it. | 先生 我没有其他意思 |
[03:34] | I’m pulling your leg. Relax. | 只是开个玩笑 别紧张 |
[03:40] | Come on, Regina. | 过来 雷吉娜 |
[03:42] | What’s her name? | 她叫什么名字 |
[03:43] | – Regina? – Yeah. It means “Queen.” | -雷吉娜 -“‘女王”的意思 |
[03:49] | Good day to you. | 祝你愉快 |
[03:51] | To you as well. Come on, Regina. | 你也是 走吧 雷吉娜 |
[04:01] | What else could it be? Here. | 还有可能是什么 给你看看 |
[04:04] | Could be this. Or maybe it could be this! | 还可能是这样 或者是这样 |
[04:07] | Or this! | 或者这样 |
[04:08] | You fucking piece of shit! | 你这坨狗屎 |
[04:21] | *There’ll be a change in the weather* | *天气会变* |
[04:24] | *A change in the sea* | *大海也会变* |
[04:26] | *From now on, there’ll be a change in me* | *今后 我也会有变化* |
[04:30] | *My walk will be different* | *步伐会变* |
[04:33] | *My talk and my name* | *谈吐会变 名字会变* |
[04:36] | *Ain’t nothin’ ’bout me gonna be the same…* | *我将是焕然一新的我* |
[04:40] | Here you go, kid. | 拿好了 孩子 |
[04:41] | Don’t dawdle. Get it over there. | 别偷懒 快端过去 |
[04:42] | And if that ain’t enough | *如果这还不够* |
[04:44] | I’m gonna change the way I strut my stuff | *我将不再处处炫耀* |
[04:49] | *Oh, nobody wants you when you’re old and gray | *人老珠黄 谁也不会稀罕* |
[04:54] | *There’ll be some changes made today* | *现在就要改变* |
[04:58] | *Oh, there’ll be some changes made* | *现在就要改变* |
[05:07] | *I’m gonna change my way of living* | *我要改变我生活的方式* |
[05:10] | *If that ain’t enough* | *如果这还不够* |
[05:12] | *I’m gonna change the way I strut my stuff* | *我要改变趾高气扬的态度* |
[05:16] | *Oh, nobody wants you when you’re old and gray* | *人老珠黄 谁也不会稀罕* |
[05:22] | *There’ll be some changes made today…* | *现在就要改变* |
[05:26] | – Sir. – * Oh, there’ll be some changes made* | -先生 -*现在就要改变* |
[05:29] | *Oh, yeah, there’ll be some changes made.* | *现在就要改变* |
[05:36] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢先生 |
[05:39] | Nothing like a hot coffee on a cold morning, eh? | 寒冷的清晨 有杯热咖啡足矣 |
[05:42] | A good breakfast? | 丰盛的早餐 |
[05:46] | I tell you, when I was a kid, I never ate breakfast. | 我小的时候 从不吃早餐 |
[05:49] | Well, we barely had any food. | 因为没吃的 |
[05:50] | But now it’s my favorite meal of the day. | 但是现在我最喜欢吃早饭 |
[05:54] | My kids– I make sure they always start the day | 我要保证我的孩子 |
[05:55] | with a hot meal. | 每天都能吃到热乎乎的早餐 |
[06:06] | It’s funny, some people– | 有些人 很有意思 |
[06:09] | how they say they’d never steal. | 他们总说绝不会偷窃 |
[06:12] | But you’ve got a family, kids to take care of– | 但是当你要养家糊口时 |
[06:15] | you’ll do anything, | 你什么都会做 |
[06:17] | which is why I’m not angry. | 所以我现在并不生气 |
[06:20] | What’s your name again? | 你叫什么来着 |
[06:23] | – Nate. – Really, I’m not. | -奈特 -我真的不生气 |
[06:25] | I mean, you’re a thief, right, Nate? | 虽然你是个小偷 是吧 奈特 |
[06:28] | – Mr. Thompson– – You steal things for a living. | -汤普森先生 -你靠偷东西为生 |
[06:31] | Isn’t that correct? | 对吗 |
[06:35] | Answer the man when he speaks. | 问你什么答什么 |
[06:38] | – Yes. – Okay. | -对 -好的 |
[06:41] | So on the one hand we have you, Nate, a thief; | 一边是你 奈特 一个小偷 |
[06:44] | on the other we have Mr. Doyle here | 一边是多伊尔先生 |
[06:46] | who owns a warehouse in which he stores booze. | 他有一个仓库 用来藏酒 |
[06:49] | One night, Mr. Doyle leaves the aforementioned warehouse unattended | 一晚 多伊尔先生出去撒尿 |
[06:55] | while he answers nature’s call in the outhouse. | 仓库无人看守 |
[06:58] | The thief, spotting an opportunity to feed his family, | 小偷看到了机会 |
[07:01] | comes in and robs the warehouse with an unknown accomplice. | 遂伙同某个同伙溜进仓库 大肆作案 |
[07:08] | Now I ask you, Mr. Doyle, what do thieves do? | 现在我问你 多伊尔先生 小偷是干什么的 |
[07:15] | – Beg pardon? – It’s a simple question. What do thieves do? | -什么 -简单问题 小偷是做什么的 |
[07:22] | – They steal things? – Correct. | -偷东西 -对 |
[07:25] | That’s their job– they steal things. | 那就是他们的本职工作 偷东西 |
[07:28] | And warehouse owners? | 仓库主人是干什么的呢 |
[07:31] | – Store things? – Right again. | -存东西 -又对了 |
[07:33] | Now, who, in this scenario, wasn’t doing their job? | 那在这个情况下 谁没做好本职工作 |
[07:38] | The thief, whose entire reason for being is to steal things, | 是以偷东西为生的小偷呢 |
[07:43] | or the fucking imbecile | 还是这个 |
[07:46] | who left the warehouse full of liquor unlocked | 去撒尿的时候 |
[07:48] | while he was taking a goddamn dump? | 没锁好装满酒的仓库门的蠢货呢 |
[07:54] | – The imbecile? – The imbecile. | -蠢货吧 -就是那个蠢货 |
[08:07] | I’m not angry, Nate. | 我不生气 奈特 |
[08:09] | You were only doing your job. | 你只是做了你该做的 |
[08:13] | Thank you, Mr. Thompson. | 多谢 汤普森先生 |
[08:15] | Who was your wheelman? | 谁是你的同伙 |
[08:17] | – Rowland Smith. – Rowland Smith. | -罗兰·史密斯 -罗兰·史密斯 |
[08:24] | Untie him. | 给他松绑 |
[08:27] | Oh, but, before you do, put a bullet in his fucking head. | 松绑之前 给他一枪 |
[08:30] | What?! No! No, Mr. Thompson! | 什么 不要 不要 汤普森先生 |
[08:32] | Please! No! No! | 求你了 不要不要 |
[08:36] | Please! | 求你了 |
[08:37] | Certain people you do not steal from. | 老虎屁股你不该摸 |
[08:49] | – Set down a doily, please. – Yes, ma’am. | -把桌布铺好 -是 夫人 |
[08:58] | – Philip, the serving spoons need polishing. – Right away, ma’am. | -菲利普 把汤匙擦干净 -马上夫人 |
[09:05] | It’s Scottish for “Long, long ago.” | 这是苏格兰语的”很久以前” |
[09:07] | – Will we sing it tonight? – Yes, dear. | -我们今晚要唱吗 -是的亲爱的 |
[09:10] | The moment the clock strikes midnight. | 零点的钟声一响 就开始唱 |
[09:12] | Daddy says I could stay up till 1923. | 爸爸说我可以一直玩到一九二三年 |
[09:16] | No bragging, Teddy. | 别夸大其词 泰迪 |
[09:21] | As plucky aviatrix Carrie Duncan | 当勇敢的女飞行员凯莉·邓肯 |
[09:23] | arrives in South Jersey to prepare for her… | 到达南泽西准备她的… |
[09:27] | Where is Daddy? | 爸爸在哪里 |
[09:29] | At work, I imagine. | 在工作吧 |
[09:30] | I made him a card. | 我给他做了卡片 |
[09:33] | Well, you’ll see him tonight at the party. | 今晚你会在派对上见到他 |
[09:35] | You can give it to him then. | 到时候再给他吧 |
[09:36] | Mama, what’s an “Aviatrix”? A female aviator. | -妈妈 “Aviatrix”是什么意思 -女飞行员 |
[09:41] | A lady who flies an aeroplane? | 驾驶飞机的女人 |
[09:44] | – Can you believe it? – Carrie Duncan. | -难以置信吧 -她叫凯莉·邓肯 |
[09:46] | She’ll be the first person to fly nonstop across the entire continent. | 她会是第一个飞越大陆的人 |
[09:50] | She takes off from Cape May in the morning. | 早晨她从五月岬郡起飞 |
[09:52] | Just as soon as she finishes bobbing her hair. | 她理完发就去了 |
[09:54] | That will be all, Philip. | 可以了 菲利普 |
[09:56] | Now, at the ripe age of 27, Miss Duncan… | 刚到27岁 邓肯小姐… |
[10:01] | I’ve a meeting. | 我要去开个会 |
[10:02] | I’ll be back in a few hours. | 几个小时后我就回来 |
[10:10] | The ice will be delivered at 1:00. | 冰块会在一点送过来 |
[10:11] | Make sure it’s clean and chipped into pieces. | 检查是否干净 是否弄碎了 |
[10:45] | Ladies, I’d like to introduce Evelyn, | 女士们 向你们介绍伊芙琳 |
[10:49] | who will be joining us here at the Artemis Club. | 她会加入我们的阿耳特弥斯俱乐部 |
[10:52] | – Hello. – Hi. | -你好 -你们好 |
[10:54] | That was lovely, dear. | 弹得很好 亲爱的 |
[10:56] | Now, a few points of business. | 生意上有几点说明 |
[10:59] | Given the festive nature of the holiday, | 考虑到节假日处处欢乐喜庆 |
[11:02] | we can expect more than the usual amount | 客人肯定会比平常 |
[11:05] | of inebriation among our guests, | 多饮几杯 |
[11:08] | and requests for you to partake will increase accordingly. | 因此也会邀请你们多喝几杯 |
[11:12] | I urge you to resist this temptation, | 请抵挡住这种诱惑 |
[11:15] | as an infraction will result in a $25 fine. | 如若违反 罚款二十五刀 |
[11:19] | Be polite and charming, | 你们要彬彬有礼 风情万种 |
[11:22] | and forget what you’re here for. | 最好忘记你们来这里的初衷 |
[11:25] | Gentlemen remain gentlemen only when they must. | 只有在必要时 绅士才会保持绅士的风度 |
[11:32] | Try a darker shade of lip rouge. | 试试深色的口红 |
[11:36] | The Follies are in town, so we can expect a visit from Mr. Ziegfeld. | 剧团来了 也许齐格菲尔德会来我们这儿 |
[11:39] | I read he’s back with his wife. | 我听说他和妻子复合了 |
[11:42] | If it weren’t for married men, we’d be out of business, dear. | 我们做的就是已婚男士的生意 |
[11:47] | Can we go to the arcade? | 我们能去游乐场么 |
[11:49] | Come on, now. Come on. Sorry. | 过来 对不起 |
[11:51] | Mr. Harrow is our caretaker, a war veteran. | 哈罗先生是我们的看管人 他是退伍军人 |
[11:54] | Charmed, I’m sure. | 一看就很有魅力 |
[11:56] | Run along, darling. | 亲爱的 出去玩吧 |
[11:58] | Take him to Heckler’s Flea Circus on the midway. | 带他去跳蚤马戏团吧 |
[12:05] | Come, dear. See your room. | 来 亲爱的 看看你的房间 |
[12:18] | – What time’s your train? – Not till 6:00. | -几点的火车 -六点 |
[12:20] | She’s up to 12 trunks already, | 她都装了十二个大皮箱了 |
[12:22] | two more for my mother. | 还有两个是给我妈的 |
[12:23] | It’s Naples, not the moon. | 是去那不勒斯 又不是登月 |
[12:24] | Naples is the moon– the dark side. | 那不勒斯就是月球 还是背对太阳的一面 |
[12:29] | He’s here. | 他来了 |
[12:35] | Dean O’Banion. | 迪恩·奥巴尼恩 |
[12:36] | I was expecting you to come down a chimney. | 我还指望你从烟囱里出来呢 |
[12:38] | Uh-uh, you’ve been a bad boy, Alfonse. | 你可不是乖孩子 阿尔 |
[12:43] | For your wife. Straight from my shop. Happy holidays. | 送给你老婆 我店里的 节日快乐 |
[12:45] | Buon capodanno. | 新年快乐 |
[12:47] | Four whiskeys over here. Sit. | 四杯威士忌 坐 |
[12:58] | So, what brings me to the South Side on a cold winter’s day? | 大冬天的找我来南边有什么事 |
[13:02] | You don’t mind sending your beer over here. | 你可不介意把酒送到你那边去啊 |
[13:05] | Whatever could you mean? | 你在说什么 |
[13:07] | It was settled, Dean– the territories. | 我们定好的 迪恩 双方地界 |
[13:09] | Now, Jake says you’re encroaching. | 杰克说你在渗入我们的地盘 |
[13:11] | – Is that what Jake says? – You deny it? | -杰克这么说了 -你不承认吗 |
[13:15] | Without equivocation. | 绝对没过界 |
[13:17] | Let’s drink. | 先喝酒吧 |
[13:20] | – Salud. – Slainte. | -干杯[西语] -干杯[爱尔兰语] |
[13:27] | Good stuff. | 好酒 |
[13:28] | Harder to come by every day. | 越来越难喝到了 |
[13:30] | Another reason you gotta respect the boundaries. | 所以更得看清楚边界 |
[13:33] | As I said, Al… | 我说过了 阿尔 |
[13:35] | or you have some mozzarella in your ears? | 你耳朵被奶酪堵了吗 |
[13:38] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 你什么意思 |
[13:40] | – I’m asking you are you fuckin’ deaf? – Hey, his kid’s deaf. | -我在问 你耳朵聋了吗 -他儿子是聋哑人 |
[13:45] | But I’m sure he meant no offense. | 我肯定他是无心之过 |
[13:50] | Peace on earth, goodwill to men. | 算我对不起 |
[13:55] | Now, the territories, as I understood them, | 关于地界 据我所知是 |
[13:57] | was that the north side belongs to me, | 北边归我 |
[13:58] | the south is yours, | 南边归你 |
[13:59] | but my pal Spike O’Donnell | 但是我的哥们斯派克·奥唐奈 |
[14:01] | runs the Kerry Patch south of here. | 管这里往南的凯利地区 |
[14:03] | Up to Cass Avenue. North of that’s ours. | 直到凯斯大道 路以北就是我们的 |
[14:06] | Then I stand corrected. | 那是我弄错了 |
[14:08] | I believed I was doing business | 我以为我是在 |
[14:09] | on Mr. O’Donnell’s turf with his consent. | 奥唐奈先生的地界上做生意 |
[14:12] | And I believe you’re full of shit. | 你就信口胡诌吧 |
[14:24] | Good day, gents. | 告辞了 各位 |
[14:28] | Oh, and say hello to your boy, | 对了 替我向你儿子问好 |
[14:31] | or at least wave. | 挥挥手也行 |
[14:33] | – Go. Get him out of here! – You bastard! | -快带他出去 -你个狗杂种 |
[14:39] | – What the fuck is wrong with you? – My fuckin’ kid, John. | -你犯什么病 -那是我儿子啊 约翰 |
[14:43] | But is it worth a war? | 值得开战吗 |
[14:46] | Behave yourself, okay? | 收敛点 行吗 |
[14:48] | I don’t want no problem while I’m gone. | 我不在的时候不想出事 |
[14:51] | My New Year’s resolution. | 好 就当是我的新年志向了 |
[14:53] | – I’m serious, Al. – I know. | -我讲真的 阿尔 -知道了 |
[14:56] | A lot of money at stake, huh? | 得失攸关 明白吗 |
[15:04] | Later on, I’m gonna see that fuck. | 等会儿我去找那东西算账 |
[15:07] | I thought you made a resolution. | 我以为你定下新年志向了呢 |
[15:10] | Well, New Year’s ain’t till midnight. | 新年半夜才到 |
[15:16] | Get me a drink. | 给我来杯酒 |
[15:25] | Harry, Jess, how are you? | 哈利 杰西 你们好啊 |
[15:27] | – Good to see you, Nuck. – You’ve met Mayor Bader, | -你好 努克 -你见过巴德市长了 |
[15:31] | our County Treasurer Damien Fleming. | 还有县司库达米安·弗莱明 |
[15:33] | Your old job. | 你的老本行 |
[15:35] | Those two-hour naps must be grueling. | 每天打盹两小时肯定折磨死了 |
[15:39] | All settled in at the Blenheim? | 在布伦海姆酒店安顿好了吗 |
[15:41] | Just for the day, I’m afraid. | 恐怕只能待一天 |
[15:42] | So you’ll miss my shindig. Too bad. | 那你要错过我的舞会了 真可惜 |
[15:45] | Duty calls. Or in our case Secretary Mellon, | 使命在召唤 换个说法就是 |
[15:48] | the grand poobah of the Treasury Department. | 财政部的狗杂种梅隆部长在召唤我 |
[15:50] | We’re back to Washington on the express, | 我们要坐着特快专列 |
[15:52] | and with that gorgeous view of the ocean. | 欣赏着美丽的海景回到华盛顿去 |
[15:56] | I’d say you fellas are getting splashed enough. | 我觉得你们已经玩的够多了 |
[15:59] | That article in the “New York Times”? | 《纽约时报》上的那篇文章 |
[16:03] | Untermeyer’s got an axe to grind. | 安特迈耶他另有所图 |
[16:05] | If Untermeyer were the only woodsman. | 不止他一个人 |
[16:08] | The Veterans Bureau, this business with the oil company now… | 退伍军人事务部 还有石油公司的生意… |
[16:11] | – Sinclair. – You boys are quite popular with the press. | -辛克莱 -你们经常上头条 |
[16:14] | ’23 will be better. | 一九二三年会好的 |
[16:16] | It’s ’24 I’m worried about. | 我担心的是二四年的选举 |
[16:18] | Harding’s got a snowball’s chance. | 哈丁机会没可能连任 |
[16:27] | So I’ll see you boys tonight? | 那今晚见了 |
[16:32] | Sure thing. | 当然 |
[16:35] | Gentlemen. | 告辞 |
[16:38] | Eddie, why don’t you show Mr. Smith here the cigar stand? | 埃迪 带史密斯先生看看雪茄架吧 |
[16:42] | The Fatimas are quite nice. | 法蒂玛烟很不错 |
[16:51] | Let’s cut the bullshit, shall we, Harry? | 我们就有话直说了 哈利 |
[16:54] | You fellas are going down, and you’re not taking me with you. | 你们要落马了 别拉上我 |
[16:57] | – Come on, Nuck. – “Come on,” Your ass. | -得了吧 努克 -滚你的吧 |
[16:58] | 40 grand a month in protection, | 每月4万保护费 |
[17:00] | and that’s not even counting the others… | 还没算上别的那些… |
[17:01] | 40 grand a month is not 5% of what you’re making. | 每月4万都不到你赚的5% |
[17:03] | Remus, Rothstein, Torrio. And every time I open a paper, | 雷穆斯 罗斯坦 托里奥 我每次一翻开报纸 |
[17:06] | there’s a new goddamn investigation. | 就看到新的立案调查 |
[17:09] | Maybe it’s time you dismounted that high horse. | 收收你那傲慢的态度吧 |
[17:11] | I seem to recall a few articles about your legal troubles as well. | 我记得也看过几篇关于你的司法纠纷的文章 |
[17:14] | A year and a half ago. I’m a philanthropist now. | 一年半以前了 我现在是慈善家 |
[17:17] | You’re a gangster, plain and simple. | 你是匪帮 就是这样 |
[17:19] | – I run a tight ship, Harry. – You run an open-air bazaar. | -我办事有规矩 哈利 -有规矩个屁 |
[17:22] | alcohol to the highest bidder. | 谁出价高酒归谁 |
[17:33] | People being murdered on the roads? | 光天化日下人死在马路上 |
[17:35] | Tabor Heights is nearly 60 miles from here. | 塔博尔高地离这里快100公里了 |
[17:38] | Well, how long before this place hits the headlines? | 那这个消息是多久才见的报呢 |
[17:41] | You’re telling me how to conduct my affairs? | 你在教我怎么办事吗 |
[17:43] | All I’m saying is you live in a glass house. | 我只想说 你的一切行为都在公众视野下 |
[17:46] | Then let’s leave it at that, shall we? | 那就此打住 行吗 |
[17:50] | Fine. | 行 |
[17:55] | About the money… | 钱的事… |
[17:57] | in an effort to keep the press hounds at bay, | 为了阻止媒体疯狗乱咬 |
[18:00] | starting soon, I will be accepting cash directly. | 很快我就会直接收现金 |
[18:03] | – I’ll pay Jess? – I’m backing Jess off this. | -我把钱给杰西 -我不让杰西插手 |
[18:05] | I have a middleman. He’ll be in touch. | 有个中间人 他会来找你 |
[18:16] | What do you make of this lady flier? | 你觉得这个女飞行员如何 |
[18:19] | She should spread her legs | 她应该张开双腿 |
[18:20] | and leave spreading the wings to her husband. | 展开双翅的活儿就交给她丈夫 |
[18:23] | While we continue to expand our surgical capabilities. | 我们一直在加强外科手术能力 |
[18:27] | Last week a thoracic surgeon was added to our staff, | 上周来了一位胸外科医生 |
[18:29] | and he performed a revascularization. | 他做过血管再造手术 |
[18:31] | I won’t pretend to know what that is. | 我都不知道这是什么 |
[18:34] | The pericardial sac is opened, | 打开围心腔 |
[18:35] | and upon closure, the scar tissue that forms | 闭合前 形成的疤痕组织 |
[18:37] | sends oxygenated blood to the ischemic heart. | 给缺血的心脏送去含氧的血液 |
[18:40] | And to the left we have our brand-new | 左手边是刚落成的 |
[18:42] | Enoch and Margaret Thompson Pediatric Annex. | 伊诺克与玛格丽特·汤普森儿科区 |
[18:45] | No longer does St. Theresa’s play second fiddle | 圣特蕾莎医院不再是 |
[18:48] | to the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. | 费城第二的儿童医院了 |
[18:50] | Thanks to the Thompsons, first-rate pediatric care | 感谢汤普森夫妇 大西洋城的人们 |
[18:52] | is now available right here in Atlantic City. | 可以享受一流的儿科医疗 |
[18:55] | – Well done. – We’re quite pleased to have been able to help. | -真不错 -很高兴能帮上忙 |
[18:59] | As we continue to modernize our facilities, | 随着医院设施逐渐现代化 |
[19:02] | we plan eventually to affiliate with a major university. | 我们计划和知名大学大学合作 |
[19:05] | We envision a day when Penn Medical students | 希望有一天 宾大医学院的学生们 |
[19:08] | will have their first clinical experience here… | 能来这里进行第一次临床实习 |
[19:10] | – Someone help. – …at St. Theresa’s. | -救救我 -…圣特蕾莎医院 |
[19:13] | Please. | 求求你 |
[19:15] | A teaching hospital… | 教学型医院 |
[19:19] | Oh! Dr. Mason! Nurse! | 梅森医生 护士 |
[19:25] | – We need a gurney. – Orderly, get a gurney. | -我需要轮床 -护工 推个轮床来 |
[19:29] | I’m very sorry you had to witness that. | 很抱歉让您看到这幕 |
[19:30] | Let’s adjourn to the boardroom. | 我们回会议室去吧 |
[19:32] | The new landscaping for our courtyard– we’re choosing hedges. | 我们正在修后院 要选围栏 |
[19:35] | We need a lady’s opinion. | 需要女士的意见 |
[19:36] | Are you thinking cypress or boxwood? | 您觉得柏树好还是黄杨木好 |
[19:39] | My wife is partial to hydrangeas. | 我夫人倾向于用绣球花 |
[19:41] | Ah, well, the lady will know better… | 还是听女士的比较好 |
[20:33] | – Mr. Posner? – Yes? | -波斯纳先生 -什么事 |
[20:37] | Good day, sir. My name is George Mueller. | 你好 先生 我叫乔治·穆勒 |
[20:39] | I represent the Faraday Electric Iron Company. | 我代表法拉第电熨斗公司 |
[20:42] | Is the lady of the house in as well? | 请问尊夫人在家吗 |
[20:44] | What? No. | 什么 不在 |
[20:47] | What is it you’re selling? | 你在卖什么 |
[20:48] | Your wife requested some information | 您夫人向我们咨询了 |
[20:49] | on a product that could save her hours of backbreaking– | 一个能帮她省力的产品 |
[20:53] | It’s New Year’s Eve, bub. | 哥们儿 今天是新年前夜 |
[20:55] | Yes, sir. If I could just come in… | 对 先生 如果方便让我进去… |
[20:56] | What’d I just say? | 我刚说什么的 |
[20:58] | If you want, come back next week. | 你非要来的话下周再说 |
[21:00] | The thing is, sir, the company’s holding a sales contest. | 事情是这样的 公司在举行销售竞赛 |
[21:03] | Today is the las… | 今天是最后… |
[21:06] | Who was that? | 刚刚是谁 |
[21:07] | Some peddler. I don’t know. A real lummox. | 推销的 长得一副笨样 |
[21:20] | Hurry, hurry! | 快来 快来 |
[21:21] | Step right up, boys. Win a prize. | 走上前来 小伙们 有奖可拿 |
[21:24] | Ladies, does your man have a steady hand? | 姑娘们 你们的男人手稳吗 |
[21:26] | Fellas, are you aiming to impress your gal? | 小伙们 想给姑娘们留个好印象吗 |
[21:30] | Well, come on over and take a shot | 快来试一试吧 |
[21:31] | at the Great Plains Shooting Gallery. | 巨原射击廊 |
[21:33] | One dime is all it takes. | 只要一角钱 |
[21:35] | Two nickels, 10 pennies. | 两个五分 就十分钱 |
[21:38] | You like animals? | 你喜欢动物吗 |
[21:51] | That’s enough, pal. | 够了 伙计 |
[21:56] | Here we go. | 我们走吧 |
[22:00] | Did your dad teach you to shoot? | 是你爸爸教你射击的吗 |
[22:03] | Actually, it was my sister. | 其实是我姐姐 |
[22:08] | Your dad was a good shooter. | 你爸爸是个神枪手 |
[22:12] | – He killed bad guys in the war. – That’s right. | -他打仗杀坏人 -没错 |
[22:16] | Rudy, the Congo Creep. | 刚果怪人 鲁迪 |
[22:18] | Hoppy, the Frog Boy– been here since he was just a tadpole. | 青蛙男孩霍比还是只蝌蚪时就在这 |
[22:22] | Ladies and gentlemen, Baby Henry… | 女士们先生们 亨利宝宝… |
[22:24] | One time, his leg got hurt and he had to go to the hospital. | 有一次 他的腿受伤了 去了医院 |
[22:29] | – Who told you that? – My mama. | -谁告诉你的 -我妈妈 |
[22:33] | Your mother was a beautiful woman. | 你妈妈是个美丽的女人 |
[22:38] | – She painted pictures. – No, she doesn’t. | -她会画画 -她不会 |
[22:41] | She did. | 她会的 |
[22:43] | She painted the one in my room. | 我房间里那幅画就是她画的 |
[22:47] | She’s taking me to the movies tomorrow. | 她明天要带我去看电影 |
[22:50] | – Who is? – My mother. | -谁 -我妈妈 |
[22:53] | You mean Gillian. | 你是说吉莉安 |
[22:55] | That’s what I said. | 我不是说了是她吗 |
[22:57] | Can we get some cotton candy? | 我们能去吃棉花糖吗 |
[23:05] | Gentlemen, Mrs. Thompson, thank you for a terrific year. | 先生们 汤普森夫人 今年合作愉快 |
[23:08] | – Always a pleasure. – Happy New Year. | -荣欣之至 -新年快乐 |
[23:11] | – And to you as well. – We’ll see you tonight, then? | -你也是 -今晚见吗 |
[23:13] | We’ll be looking forward to it. | 我们会翘首以待的 |
[23:23] | Dr. Mason? | 梅森医生 |
[23:25] | I’m Margaret Thompson. | 我是玛格丽特·汤普森 |
[23:27] | We met at the holiday luncheon. | 我们在午餐会上见过 |
[23:29] | Yes, of course. | 对 没错 |
[23:32] | I was wondering, the woman earlier… | 我想问 先前的那个女人… |
[23:35] | how is she? | 怎么样了 |
[23:37] | She’s resting, but unfortunately she miscarried. | 她正在休息 可惜她小产了 |
[23:43] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[23:46] | It was unnecessary. | 其实本不该发生的 |
[23:49] | Her baby’s death, it could easily have been prevented. | 她的孩子本来不会死 |
[23:52] | She miscarried most likely due to an E. Coli infection. | 她的小产源于大肠杆菌感染 |
[23:56] | If someone had told her to avoid raw milk, | 如果有人告诉她别喝生牛奶 |
[23:58] | her baby would be alive. | 孩子就会活下来 |
[24:04] | You’re on the board of this hospital, mrs. Thompson, are you not? | 汤普森夫人 你是董事会成员 对吗 |
[24:07] | – I am. – Then you might be interested to know | -没错 -那你肯定想知道 |
[24:09] | that we do not provide even the most elementary prenatal care. | 我们医院连最基本的产前护理都没有 |
[24:12] | We do not instruct women in nutrition or hygiene. | 我们不教女人营养和卫生知识 |
[24:15] | They are ignorant about their bodies, | 她们对自己的身体知之甚少 |
[24:18] | and what you saw today is the result. | 你今天看到的就是后果 |
[24:22] | And what do you expect me to do? | 你希望我怎么做 |
[24:28] | Nothing. | 我不指望你做什么 |
[24:34] | Move it along, fellas. | 动起来 伙计们 |
[24:37] | I wanna finish up early, bid adieu to ’22. | 我想早点收工 向一九二二年说再见 |
[24:42] | Well, look who’s slummin’. | 瞧瞧谁大驾光临了 |
[24:45] | – Where’s your partner? – Eating his lunch. | -你的合伙人呢 -在吃午饭 |
[24:50] | Munya, we got company. | 穆尼亚 有客人 |
[24:53] | You don’t tell me when the boss comes around? | 老板来了你都不提前通报 |
[24:55] | I just did, for Christ’s sake. | 上帝啊 我这不是刚说了么 |
[24:59] | Nucky. What brings you? | 努基 有何贵干 |
[25:01] | I put some feelers out. | 我派了线人出去 |
[25:04] | This Rowland Smith… he’s hiding in Willow Grove. | 有个罗兰·史密斯 躲在威洛格罗夫 |
[25:08] | – Your old neck of the woods. – Outside Philly. | -你的老地盘 -费城郊外 |
[25:11] | Spare him the interrogation | 审问就不必了 |
[25:13] | and leave the body as a message for anyone else who’d like to rob us. | 尸体留下 警告那些打我们主意的人 |
[25:16] | These fuckers need to learn respect. | 这群混账得学会尊重 |
[25:22] | Is there a problem, Manny? | 有问题吗 曼尼 |
[25:25] | New Year’s Eve. | 新年前夜 |
[25:28] | My wife makes a little party. | 我妻子会张罗个小型聚会 |
[25:33] | You were destitute and desperate. | 你曾经贫困绝望 |
[25:36] | Do you remember how I helped you? | 还记得我怎么帮你吗 |
[25:40] | And I helped you as well. | 我也帮了你 |
[25:46] | I do this for you, | 我替你做这件事 |
[25:49] | but I want my own still, | 但是我要自己的场子 |
[25:51] | my own operation. | 自己的生意 |
[25:54] | Friends should not become partners. | 朋友不应该做同事 |
[25:56] | Mickey? He’s your friend? | 米奇 他是你朋友吗 |
[26:01] | What else to call the putz? | 不然还能怎么称呼这货 |
[26:06] | Okay, Manny. You have yourself a deal. | 好吧 曼尼 就这么定了 |
[26:09] | You won’t be sorry. | 你不会失望的 |
[26:11] | Three months from now, I’ll be stuffing your pockets with money. | 三个月之内 我会让你钞票滚滚 |
[26:15] | Rowland Smith… | 罗兰·史密斯 |
[26:17] | just make sure he’s dead before tomorrow. | 明天之前送他上路 |
[26:26] | – No, no, no, no, no! – Oh, excuse me. | -不不不 -不好意思 |
[26:28] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[26:32] | I’m very… very sorry. | 非常非常抱歉 |
[26:42] | “Every day in every way I am getting better and better.” | “每一天每一秒我都越来越好” |
[26:49] | “Every day in every way I am getting better and better.” | “每一天每一秒我都越来越好” |
[27:06] | Good afternoon. My name’s George Mueller. | 下午好 我是乔治·穆勒 |
[27:08] | I’m with the Faraday Electric Iron… | 来自法拉第电熨斗厂 |
[27:09] | I thought you were the grocer. | 我以为你是卖杂货的 |
[27:10] | – No, ma’am, I’m with the Faraday… – Take it on the arches. | -不 夫人 我是法拉第… -别处卖去 |
[27:15] | Happy New Year. | 新年快乐 |
[27:35] | Hi, Nucky! – Hey, great party, Nucky. | 你好 努基 -努基 晚会很棒 |
[27:38] | Thanks, Damien. | 谢谢 达米安 |
[27:40] | Hey, Nucky, great to see you. | 努基 很高兴见到你 |
[27:43] | – The party’s swell. – Thank you. Hi. How are you? | -晚会棒极了 -谢谢 近来如何 |
[27:46] | – You look lovely, Margaret. – Hey, Nucky. | -玛格丽特 你真漂亮 -你好啊 努基 |
[27:48] | Nice to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[27:50] | – Terrific night, Nucky. – Thanks. | -今晚真棒 努基 -谢谢 |
[27:51] | – You look beautiful, Mrs. Thompson. – Well, thank you. | -您真漂亮 汤普森太太 -谢谢 |
[27:57] | If I didn’t know better, | 如果不是有所了解 |
[27:58] | I’d swear I was in Egypt. | 我还以为我已经到了埃及 |
[28:00] | – How did you manage? – Oh, we simply studied the photographs. | -你们是怎么做到的 -只是研究了一些照片 |
[28:04] | Afraid I’m getting credit where credit’s not due. | 恐怕这备受赞扬的功绩并不属于我 |
[28:06] | My wife is responsible for all of this. | 全都是我妻子的功劳 |
[28:08] | Imagine it… a worthless desert far as the eye can see, | 想象一下 一望无际的荒凉沙漠 |
[28:12] | but right there underfoot, a treasure of untold millions. | 脚下却有数不清的财富 |
[28:17] | I can imagine it, actually. | 其实我倒是可以想象的 |
[28:20] | Excuse us. | 失陪 |
[28:24] | – Excuse me a moment. – What is it? | -失陪一下 -怎么了 |
[28:31] | Bring him down. | 让他下来 |
[28:32] | Just for a few minutes. | 就几分钟 |
[28:35] | Why not? | 有何不可 |
[28:40] | There he is-… | 他在这儿呢 |
[28:42] | Pharaoh himself! | 法老本尊 |
[28:44] | – Eddie. Glad you could make it. – Make it? I wouldn’t miss it. | -艾迪 你可来了 -可来了 我怎么会不来 |
[28:48] | Easier than a schlep to Egypt. | 比去埃及近 |
[28:49] | And better libation, I’d wager, too. | 酒又好 我敢打赌 |
[28:51] | – Probably a safe bet. – Only one way to find out. | -准赢不输 -喝了才知道 |
[28:55] | You must be the Boy King. | 你一定就是”少年国王” |
[28:57] | My boyish charms went out with the horse and buggy. | 我的年少魅力早随昨日远去 |
[29:00] | Now this lad here… | 可是这里有位小伙子 |
[29:03] | Hello, handsome. And who would you be? | 小帅哥 你是谁呢 |
[29:05] | Theodore Thompson, ma’am. Pleased to make your acquaintance. | 西奥多·汤普森 很高兴认识您 |
[29:08] | Well, I’m Lillian Kent, but you can call me Billie. | 我是莉莲·肯特 你可以叫我贝莉 |
[29:12] | All my pals do. | 朋友们都这么叫 |
[29:14] | He is darling. | 他可真甜 |
[29:15] | Oh, when he chooses to be. | 听话的时候是的 |
[29:18] | – Is that a real leopard? – Teddy. | -是真的豹皮吗 -泰迪 |
[29:21] | With what that furrier dunked me for, I should hope so. | 按那毛皮商告诉我的 我觉得应该是 |
[29:25] | All right, then, back upstairs with you. | 好啦 快回楼上去 |
[29:29] | Ready to sing for our supper? | 准备好为晚餐歌唱了吗 |
[29:31] | One more and I will be. Oh, make that a double. | 再喝一杯就唱 要两杯 |
[29:35] | Here’s how. | 有办法了 |
[29:49] | You see that? | 看到了吗 |
[29:51] | Look closely. | 仔细瞧 |
[29:53] | That’s her name. | 那是她的名字 |
[29:57] | “Ange”… | “安吉” |
[30:00] | “Angela Darmody.” | “安吉拉·达莫迪” |
[30:03] | – That’s my last name. – Of course it is. | -和我的姓一样 -当然 |
[30:07] | I want to make a picture. | 我想画画 |
[30:10] | Okay. | 好 |
[30:20] | There we go. Hop up. | 来 跳上来 |
[30:40] | – What are you drawing? – A horse. | -你画的是什么 -马 |
[30:44] | Very nice. | 非常好 |
[30:50] | You know, she drew me once, your mother. | 知道吗 你母亲为我画过像 |
[30:55] | A long time ago. | 很久以前 |
[30:57] | What was? | 是什么 |
[31:00] | – Gillian. – What was a long time ago? | -吉莉安 -什么很久以前 |
[31:03] | Mm, the war. | 战争 |
[31:07] | Is that a suitable topic? | 这话题合适吗 |
[31:12] | – What are you boys doing? – Making a picture, | -你们在做什么 -画画 |
[31:15] | like my mother. She painted that one. | 像我妈妈一样 那张就是她画的 |
[31:19] | I’m your mother now, remember? | 现在我是你妈妈了 记得吗 |
[31:23] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[31:26] | Well, come with Mama. It’s time for bed. | 跟妈妈走 该睡觉了 |
[31:37] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[32:06] | We’re closed. | 打烊了 |
[32:08] | – Even for me? – Al. | -我也不招待吗 -阿尔 |
[32:13] | I thought Torrio had you on a leash. | 托里奥没把你拴好吗 |
[32:16] | Well, he left town and I chewed through it. | 他一出城我就跑出来了 |
[32:22] | Whoops. | 诶呀呀 |
[32:25] | You really wanna do this? | 你确定要这样 |
[32:28] | Sorry, I… I couldn’t hear you. | 抱歉 我听不清 |
[32:36] | Hey-o, Tommy! Where the fuck you been? | 汤米 你死到哪儿去了 |
[32:38] | – I beg… – Shut your yap and look smart. We got company. | -抱歉 -闭嘴 放聪明些 有客人在 |
[32:45] | Now, what were you saying? | 你说什么来着 |
[32:50] | – Watch your step, Deanie. – This is my joint, Al, | -小心着点 迪恩尼 -这是我的店 阿尔 |
[32:52] | on the north side of town. | 城市北部 |
[32:54] | Unless you want a taste of what’s in that suitcase there… | 除非你想尝尝那箱子里的东西 |
[33:03] | I’d watch my own step, I was you. | 我是你的话 就自己小心着点 |
[33:20] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[33:38] | Jesus! | 老天 |
[33:40] | That was beautiful! | 干得漂亮 |
[33:42] | I don’t know who you are, mister, but you just made a pal. | 我不知道你是谁 先生 但你刚刚交了个朋友 |
[33:44] | I’m George Mueller with the Faraday Electric Iron Company. | 我是法拉第电熨斗厂的乔治·穆勒 |
[33:47] | – Dean O’Banion. Hey, you married? – I am. | -迪恩·奥巴尼恩 你结婚了吗 -结了 |
[33:50] | Yeah? How about this? | 是吗 这样吧 |
[33:52] | I’m gonna make you a swell bouquet to take home to Mrs. Mueller, huh? | 我来给穆勒夫人包一束漂亮的鲜花 |
[34:00] | – What, is it irons you’re selling? – Yes, sir. | -你卖的东西 是电熨斗吗 -是的 先生 |
[34:04] | They’ll save you hours of… | 它们能帮您节省数个小时… |
[34:05] | give me two dozen. How’s that? | 给我来两打 怎么样 |
[34:07] | I… | 我 |
[34:10] | Yes, sir. Thank you. | 好的 先生 谢谢你 |
[34:12] | Well, you’re a good man, Mueller. | 你是个好人 穆勒 |
[34:14] | You got a nice poker face. | 面无表情的样子挺吓人 |
[34:18] | Hey, you ever want a real job, | 什么时候想找份正经活计 |
[34:20] | just ask around about Deanie O’Banion. | 打听一下迪恩尼·奥巴尼恩的名字 |
[34:24] | – Two dozen? – Two dozen. | -两打吗 -两打 |
[34:29] | 3,000 years ago | 三千年之前 |
[34:31] | King Tut, he reigned, you know | 图坦卡蒙执掌着大权 |
[34:34] | He must have traveled greatly in his time | 他生前一定四处走过很远很远 |
[34:38] | For in his tomb out there was gold and silverware | 因为他的坟墓里 金银器堆积 |
[34:42] | From big hotels of every land and clime | 出处遍布五湖四海世界各地 |
[34:47] | While going through his royal robes | 从那王袍中摸起 |
[34:49] | They found up in his sleeve | 发现他的衣袖里 |
[34:52] | The first fig leaf that Adam gave to Eve | 有片无花果叶正是亚当摘给夏娃的 |
[34:56] | In old King Tut-Tut-Tut-ankhamun’s day | 图坦 图坦卡蒙王统治的日子里 |
[35:00] | Beneath the tropic skies, King Tut-Tut was very wise | 图坦 图坦卡蒙王有着深深的智慧 |
[35:05] | Now old King Tut-Tut-Tut was always gay | 图坦 图坦卡蒙王过得舒服又自在 |
[35:10] | Cleopatra, she sat upon his knee | 克里欧佩特拉坐在他怀里 |
[35:12] | Pat… that’s where she sat | 她就坐在那里 |
[35:14] | The girls would dance for him and every move a treat | 侍女为他跳舞 每个舞步都是艳福 |
[35:18] | They’d move and move and move | 她们动去又动来 |
[35:21] | But never move their feet | 只是脚跟不离地 |
[35:23] | A thousand girls would dance each day | 舞娘成百上千 |
[35:25] | With lots of hip-hip-hip hooray! | 热舞跳到最嗨 |
[35:27] | In old King Tut-Tut-Tut-Tut-Tut-Tut | 这就是图坦 图坦卡蒙王 |
[35:30] | King Tutty’s day | 统治的日子 |
[35:34] | 3,000 years ago, in history we know | 三千年之前 历史书里面 |
[35:38] | King Tutankhamun ruled a mighty land | 图特卡蒙王统治强大的国度 |
[35:43] | He ruled for many years | 他的王朝延续许多年 |
[35:45] | Amid laughter, song, and tears | 有哭泣也有笑语欢颜 |
[35:47] | He made a record that will always stand | 他的功绩万世不朽 |
[35:51] | They opened up his tomb the other day | 在他坟墓打开时候 |
[35:54] | And jumped with glee… | 人们欢呼庆祝 |
[35:57] | How’s about them “Nefertitties”? | 怎么没有”娜芙蒂蒂” |
[35:59] | That Cantor… luckiest Yid alive. | 那个康托尔 世上最走运的犹太狗 |
[36:02] | Miss Kent is no typical chorine. | 肯特可不是寻常歌手 |
[36:05] | You speak from experience? | 经验之谈吗 |
[36:08] | I speak as her landlord, Mr. Yale. | 我可是她房东 耶鲁先生 |
[36:10] | The second luckiest Yid alive. | 世上第二走运的犹太狗 |
[36:12] | Apartment house of mine on West 57th. | 西五十七街上的一间公寓楼 |
[36:14] | A tenant. | 她是房客 |
[36:16] | Now Remus has heard everything. | 雷穆斯听到了 |
[36:18] | You can tell Remus it happens to be true. | 你可以告诉雷穆斯 这都是真的 |
[36:25] | Gyp, you made it. | 吉普 你来了 |
[36:29] | How was the trip down? | 路上如何 |
[36:31] | Flat tire. You believe it? | 轮胎坏了 你能相信吗 |
[36:34] | Near Tabor Heights, by any chance? | 莫非是在塔博尔高地附近 |
[36:36] | Spent the last eight hours washing grease off my hands. | 之前八小时都在洗手上的机油 |
[36:39] | Aren’t you gonna introduce us to your date? | 不给我们介绍你的女伴吗 |
[36:40] | Of course. Where are my manners? Scruffy, | 当然 我太失礼了 小破烂 |
[36:43] | meet Charlie Luciano. | 这位是查理·卢西亚诺 |
[36:46] | What’s that? | 什么 |
[36:48] | She says you remind her of her brother. | 她说你让她想起她哥哥 |
[36:50] | In your case, that’s a compliment. | 在你身上 这是恭维 |
[36:52] | Gyp Rosetti, meet George Remus. | 吉普·罗塞蒂 这位是乔治·雷穆斯 |
[36:56] | A pleasure. | 幸会 |
[36:58] | A little whiskey to warm you up? | 来杯威士忌暖暖身子 |
[36:59] | This one’s got ice water in his veins. | 他的血管里淌的可是冰水 |
[37:01] | Take a lot more than whiskey. | 光威士忌可不行 |
[37:03] | Take a lot more than that whiskey. | 这样的威士忌不行 |
[37:05] | Remus has the good stuff. | 雷穆斯有好货色 |
[37:06] | Speaking of which, we need to talk. | 说到这里 我们需要谈谈 |
[37:08] | Getting a lot of demand for rum, and that stuff– | 需要大量的朗姆酒 等等 |
[37:10] | Cleopatra requests your presence. | 克里欧佩特拉有请 |
[37:11] | That’s okay. I wasn’t really interested in finishing my thought. | 没关系 我也不是很想把话说完 |
[37:15] | Relax, Gyp. | 放松点儿 吉普 |
[37:17] | It’s a party. | 这可是晚会 |
[37:24] | A toast from our host! | 主人祝酒 |
[37:28] | Stir the eggnog, raise the toddy. | 蛋酒摇一摇 棕榈酒举起来 |
[37:30] | Happy New Year, everybody. | 诸位新年快乐 |
[37:33] | Happy New Year! | 新年快乐 |
[37:34] | To Nucky and Margaret Thompson! | 敬努基和玛格丽特·汤普森 |
[37:44] | Who ate the last of the sardines? | 最后几条沙丁鱼谁吃了 |
[37:45] | I saw a stray cat go by. | 我看到一只流浪猫走过去 |
[37:47] | Oh, there’s liverwurst there as well. | 还有猪肝肠呢 |
[37:49] | Say, Georgie boy! How’s tricks? | 乔治小子 怎么样 |
[37:52] | I made 24 sales. | 我卖了二十四个 |
[37:54] | – You don’t say. – That’s quite a haul. | -真的吗 -真不错 |
[37:56] | Not for a closer like George. | 对乔治这样的推销商不算什么 |
[37:58] | – Every no is one step closer to a yes. – It certainly is. | -每次拒绝都是迈向订单的一步 -这是当然 |
[38:02] | Except you’re a day late and a dollar short. | 除非你晚到一天 差一美元 |
[38:03] | Yeah, $500 to be precise. | 精确地说 差五百美元 |
[38:06] | Phil there is the big winner. | 菲尔才是赢家 |
[38:23] | I’ve got the order slips. | 我拿到订单了 |
[38:25] | Two dozen irons. That puts me ahead by seven. | 两打熨斗 我领先七个 |
[38:27] | That’s swell, George, and you’ll certainly get your commission, | 很出色 乔治 你也会拿到提成 |
[38:30] | but the contest is over. You missed the tally. | 但是竞赛已经结束了 你错过了入账 |
[38:35] | 10:00 P.M., you said. | 你说的晚上十点 |
[38:36] | – You don’t know onions. – Onions? | -你不知道洋葱 -洋葱 |
[38:38] | Must be all the sawdust between those cauliflowers. | 这些菜花里肯定都是木屑 |
[38:43] | Phil, stop. | 菲尔 别说了 |
[38:44] | The deadline was 9:00, George. | 截止时间是九点 乔治 |
[38:46] | You said 10:00 P.M., Mr. Gulliver. | 格列佛先生 你说的是十点 |
[38:48] | It’s after hours. Call me Scotty. | 那就下班了 叫我斯科特就行 |
[38:50] | I’m sure it was 10:00. | 我确定是十点 |
[38:52] | Now, George, you know there’s a city ordinance | 乔治 你知道 现在有城市法令 |
[38:55] | that says you can’t peddle goods after 9:00. | 禁止九点以后的商业活动 |
[38:58] | What? No, I wasn’t aware. | 什么 不 我没听说 |
[39:00] | Well, sure. Disturbing the peace. | 当然 防止扰乱治安 |
[39:03] | That’s why the deadline was nine bells. | 这就是把截止时间定在九点的原因 |
[39:07] | My wife and I were going to use the prize money to buy a house. | 我的妻子和我将会用奖金买一栋房子 |
[39:11] | Oh, come on, now. Don’t be shot to pieces. | 行了 别这么伤心 |
[39:13] | – Have a drink. – I don’t consume alcohol. | -来喝一杯 -我不喝酒 |
[39:16] | Well, me? I’m gonna get slopped. | 那我可要大醉一场 |
[39:30] | With no sleep and nearly 30 hours in the air. | 一直没睡觉 飞了三十个小时 |
[39:33] | Can you imagine soaring through the sky like a bird? | 你能想象飞翔在空中像一只小鸟的感觉么 |
[39:37] | Free? | 自由 |
[39:38] | 30 hours to myself is all the freedom I’d need. | 三十个小时的自由对我来说足够了 |
[39:42] | Ma’am, I’m told we’re low on champagne. | 夫人 我们的香槟不足了 |
[39:45] | Thank you. I’ll have the bar restocked. | 谢谢 我会要求吧台补充的 |
[39:55] | Already New Year’s back home. | 已经要过新年了 |
[39:58] | Give my best to Katy. | 替我问候凯蒂 |
[40:08] | Oh, Mrs. Thompson, what a spectacular affair. | 汤普森太太 聚会太棒了 |
[40:11] | As a rule, parties bore me, | 通常来说 聚会都会让我感到无聊 |
[40:14] | but not this one. | 但这场除外 |
[40:14] | – I’m so glad you’re enjoying yourselves. – Oh, we are, very much. | -你们玩的开心我很高兴 -我们确实很开心 |
[40:22] | Dr. Landau, the woman who came in today– | 兰道先生 今天来的那个女人 |
[40:25] | As I said, I’m sorry you had to see that. | 我很抱歉让你看到 |
[40:28] | Female patient. Very sad. Yes. | 一个女病人 非常伤心 |
[40:37] | I was speaking with one of the doctors. | 我和一个医生谈过 |
[40:39] | He thought it might be a good idea | 他认为如果医院能够 |
[40:41] | if the hospital offered some kind of instruction for women– | 提供一些指导的话会很不错 |
[40:45] | health instruction, prenatal care. | 健康指导 产前护理 |
[40:48] | Oh, really? Which doctor was that? | 真的么 是哪位医生 |
[40:51] | I– I don’t recall his name. | 我记不得他的名字了 |
[40:55] | Older gentleman. | 一位老先生 |
[40:58] | His point was the entire situation could have been prevented. | 他的意思是这个情况本可以被避免 |
[41:01] | Excuse me? | 您说什么 |
[41:03] | How’s everyone doing? | 大家还好么 |
[41:05] | – Sweeten those for you? – You might have to. | -香槟还合口味么 -也许你也需要点 |
[41:08] | Your wife’s just been lecturing me | 你的妻子刚刚在指责我 |
[41:09] | on our hospital’s complicity in a woman’s miscarriage. | 关于在我们医院流产的一个妇女的问题 |
[41:12] | – No, I– – Negligent, were we? | -不 我 -我们疏忽了 不是么 |
[41:16] | That’s not what I meant. | 那不是我的意思 |
[41:18] | I’m sure it wasn’t. | 当然 |
[41:20] | Why are we talking shop on New Year’s Eve? | 我们为什么不谈谈除夕购物的事 |
[41:25] | Oh, look! | 看呢 |
[41:26] | It’s Howard Carter himself, | 是霍华德·卡特本尊 |
[41:28] | back from the Valley of the Kings | 他从帝王谷为各位来宾 |
[41:31] | with New Year’s baubles for all our guests. | 带来了新年礼物 |
[41:34] | Everyone, please come and partake of King Tut’s treasure. | 各位 请上前带走图坦法老的宝藏 |
[41:45] | A scarab brooch for you, Mrs. Landau? | 给您一枚圣甲虫别针怎么样 兰道太太 |
[41:47] | A tiepin for you, Doctor? | 给您一枚领带别针如何 医生 |
[41:50] | Why, it’s beautiful. | 真漂亮 |
[41:52] | Step on up, everyone. | 大家请上前 |
[41:53] | Please, help yourselves. | 随便拿 |
[41:55] | These are real diamonds. | 这些是真钻石 |
[42:20] | Richard, I was wondering if I might have a word. | 理查德 能不能和你谈谈 |
[42:26] | Of course. | 当然 |
[42:30] | Do you like living here? | 你喜欢住在这么 |
[42:33] | Yes. | 喜欢 |
[42:37] | Then I’d appreciate if you’d stop filling Tommy’s head | 那我希望你不要再给汤米讲 |
[42:41] | with stories about the past. | 那些过去的故事了 |
[42:44] | It’s all very painful for him. | 对他来说太痛苦 |
[42:49] | I understand. | 我明白了 |
[42:52] | I knew you would. | 我就知道你会明白 |
[42:57] | Are you going out this evening? | 你今晚要出去么 |
[43:00] | Yes. To meet a friend. | 是的 去见个朋友 |
[43:04] | Well, enjoy yourself. | 玩的高兴点 |
[43:06] | And let’s look to the future. | 让我们向未来看 |
[43:16] | Hold it right there. | 停在那 |
[43:26] | I understand there’s a game over at the Traymore. | 我听说在特雷摩尔那边有赌局 |
[43:28] | Not if they hear you’re coming. | 要是他们听到你要去就没有了 |
[43:30] | In the mood, George? | 想玩么 乔治 |
[43:32] | Remus shuns gambling. | 雷穆斯不喜欢赌博 |
[43:36] | Look, another mummy. | 看呢 又来一个木乃伊 |
[43:38] | My apologies, gentlemen. | 先生们 抱歉 |
[43:40] | I trust you’ve been enjoying yourselves. | 我相信你们今天玩的都挺愉快吧 |
[43:42] | We’re getting real friendly. | 我们今天真的很友好 |
[43:44] | I promised this Yid I’d stick it only halfway in. | 我给这个犹太佬保证我最多也就撑到一半 |
[43:47] | As I was saying, | 我说过了 |
[43:49] | I’ll do 500 cases a month of rum, plus– | 我一个月需要五百箱朗姆酒 还有 |
[43:51] | I need to stop you. | 我要打断一下你 |
[43:53] | I won’t be selling you alcohol anymore. | 我不再卖酒了 |
[43:55] | – Things have changed. – How come? | -情况已经变了 -为什么 |
[43:58] | It’s not really your concern. | 和你没关系 |
[44:00] | Exactly the kind of high-handed attitude that makes– | 正是这种专横霸道的态度让… |
[44:02] | I’ve got friends in politics, highly placed friends. | 我在政界有朋友 地位非常高的朋友 |
[44:06] | As a favor to them | 算是帮他们一个忙 |
[44:07] | and for my own peace of mind, | 也是为了让我自己少些麻烦 |
[44:08] | I prefer to simplify things. | 我想化繁从简 |
[44:10] | Well, I got money, you got booze. | 我有钱 你有酒 |
[44:13] | What could be simpler than that? | 还有比这更简单的么 |
[44:15] | That I sell to one buyer only. | 我只卖给一家 |
[44:17] | Effective immediately, I’ll be exporting exclusively | 即刻生效 大西洋城的酒只独家供应给 |
[44:20] | from Atlantic City to Mr. Rothstein. | 罗斯坦先生 |
[44:24] | If you’d like, you can buy directly from him. | 如果你愿意 可以去找他买 |
[44:26] | At a 50% markup. | 加百分之五十的费用 |
[44:28] | You could always buy from Brooklyn. | 你可以从布鲁克林进货 |
[44:30] | Bill Lovett, Peg-Leg Lonergan. | 比尔·洛维特 瘸子朗尼根 |
[44:33] | Those Paddies won’t sell to Italians. | 那些爱尔兰人不会把酒卖给意大利人 |
[44:36] | Sorry, boys. | 先生们 抱歉 |
[44:38] | New Year, new rules. | 新年新规矩 |
[44:41] | See, that makes sense. | 这样讲得通了 |
[44:43] | Chink I know, runs a laundry– | 我认识一个开洗衣店的中国人 |
[44:46] | tells me ’23 is the Year of the Pig. | 告诉我一九二三年是猪年 |
[44:49] | This is a business decision, Mr. Rosetti. | 罗塞蒂先生 这是经营策略 |
[44:51] | I come all the way down here, put up with car trouble… | 我走了这么远的路 还遇到车辆故障 |
[44:55] | We all got the same news. | 我们都听说了 |
[44:56] | Yeah, but we ain’t all in the same fuckin’ boat. | 是 但我们待遇却不一样 |
[44:59] | I’m gettin’ squeezed on all sides here– | 我被你们各种排挤 |
[45:02] | No, fuck you, Frank. | 闭嘴 去你妈的 弗兰克 |
[45:04] | Your fuckin’ rat-hole bar and your warehouse in Canarsie? | 你在卡纳西的破酒吧和窑子 |
[45:08] | I don’t see you doing me any favors, amico. | 我看不出那对我有什么帮助 朋友 |
[45:10] | And you– you smug kike midget, | 还有你 你这个自鸣得意的犹太小矮子 |
[45:15] | creeping around like a fucking dentist with the ether. | 左右不得罪 里外装人 |
[45:18] | Why don’t you watch your fuckin’ step– | 你注意点 |
[45:19] | Why don’t you go sit in the corner, short pants? | 你给我一边待着去 小屁孩 |
[45:23] | And then there’s you– | 还有你 |
[45:27] | a fuckin’ breadstick in a bow tie. | 你这根戴着领结的长棍面包 |
[45:30] | You pasty-faced, cocksucking– | 你这张老脸 恶心人的 |
[45:32] | You must be tired, Mr. Rosetti. | 你一定是累坏了 罗塞蒂先生 |
[45:34] | That can make a man irritable. | 疲劳会让一个人易怒 |
[45:36] | – You need some rest. – I need 500 cases of rum. | -你需要休息 -我需要五百箱朗姆酒 |
[45:39] | You and your men– my guests at the Ritz. | 你和你的手下 请到丽兹酒店休息 我做东 |
[45:42] | What, you think I can’t float my own hotel room? | 干什么 你觉得我自己开不起房间么 |
[45:45] | I’m making a goodwill gesture. | 我是出于友好的表示 |
[45:48] | Accept it or not. | 愿不愿意接受在你 |
[45:49] | – How about I make one, too? – You’ll not do it here. | -我也来表示一下如何 -你没这个能力 |
[45:51] | I’ll shit you out like yesterday’s sausage, | 你就是我昨天吃完香肠拉出来的屎 |
[45:53] | you bog-trotting prick. | 你这个混蛋 |
[45:56] | You’re making my decision very easy. | 你让我的决定更加容易了 |
[46:12] | Nobody here can take a joke. | 这里的人都这么没有幽默感 |
[46:16] | 10, nine, eight, seven, six… | 十 九 八 七 六 |
[46:20] | …five, four, three, two, one… | 五 四 三 二 一 |
[46:25] | Happy New Year! | 新年快乐 |
[46:30] | Look, it’s Father Time! | 看呢 是时光老人 |
[46:34] | Here come the New Year’s babies! | 还有新年宝宝 |
[46:53] | Thanks for a lovely evening. | 今晚我过的很开心 |
[46:57] | For your kids. | 送给你的孩子们 |
[47:18] | Champagne. | 香槟 |
[48:25] | I thought he was sleeping through the night. | 我以为他早就睡了 |
[48:27] | Sometimes he’s hungry still. | 有时候会饿醒 |
[48:36] | How’s Abigail’s cold? | 阿比盖尔的感冒怎么样了 |
[48:38] | Better. | 好多了 |
[48:55] | I lost. | 我输了 |
[49:04] | This year will be more lucky. | 今年会更幸运 |
[49:22] | These flowers are for you. | 这些花送给你 |
[49:30] | Thank you for coming. | 谢谢你能来 |
[49:31] | Always lovely to see you. | 很高兴能来 |
[49:34] | Well… | 好啊 |
[49:37] | we made it– 1923. | 我们成功迎来了一九二三年 |
[49:40] | It’s hard to believe, isn’t it? | 很难相信是吧 |
[49:42] | In some ways I wish the world would slow down. | 有些时候我希望世界能慢下来 |
[49:44] | Hmm, you have the right attitude, dear. | 你的态度很不错 亲爱的 |
[49:53] | – Good night now. – Good night. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[49:57] | – How dare you? – I beg your pardon? | -你好大的胆子 -你说什么 |
[49:59] | Don’t ever drag me into a situation like that again. | 别再把我拉到这样的情况之中了 |
[50:01] | – What situation? – Your issues, whatever your cause is this time. | -什么情况 -你的问题 不管这次是因为什么 |
[50:04] | – My name is on that hospital. – As is mine. | -我的名字在那家医院上 -我也是 |
[50:07] | And it’s not to provide you with a bully pulpit. | 但那不是你让你用来教训他们的 |
[50:09] | You come and go as you please and I do all that’s required of me. | 你想来就来 想走就走 我也都听你的 |
[50:11] | Everything you do is because I paid for it. | 你能这么做是因为我付钱了 |
[50:13] | Don’t pretend you don’t enjoy playing the benefactor. | 别装作你不喜欢当善人的角色 |
[50:15] | You made me a benefactor by giving that land away. | 不是你让我把那块地让出去我也不用当善人 |
[50:17] | I had no ch– | 我没有 |
[50:20] | Is it New Year’s yet? | 新年到了么 |
[50:26] | Yes, dear. | 是的 亲爱的 |
[50:28] | Could you not sleep? | 你睡不着么 |
[50:35] | Tips for the staff. | 给员工们的红包 |
[50:42] | The bishop’s office called. | 主教办公室来电话了 |
[50:44] | They need an answer regarding the St. Gregory award. | 关于圣格里高利奖的问题 |
[50:47] | – When is it? – A week from Tuesday. | -什么时候 -一周之后 |
[50:50] | I’ll think about it. | 我记下了 |
[50:52] | Happy New Year. | 新年快乐 |
[51:32] | Maybe I come later. | 也许过会我还回来 |
[53:28] | Why, Miss Kent. | 怎么了 肯特小姐 |
[53:33] | – Surprised? – I’m shocked. | -惊讶么 -是震惊 |
[53:38] | What happened to Cleopatra? | 埃及艳后怎么了 |
[53:41] | I’d say she flipped her wig. | 她把假发摘了 |
[53:48] | Enjoy yourself tonight? | 今晚开心么 |
[53:55] | I’ve never had so much fun pretending I didn’t know someone. | 我还从没有如此开心的不认识一个人 |
[54:09] | The only place I can truly rest my head. | 唯一能让我好好歇歇的地方 |
[54:15] | Well, you’re not resting yet. | 还不到休息的时候 |
[54:59] | Here she comes! Wave to her! Wave! | 她来了 跟她招手 招手 |