时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:39] | *I got a brand-new me…* | *现在是全新的我* |
[01:42] | *Better than the one before…* | *强胜于之前的我* |
[01:51] | – *I don’t know much about her…* – Sweetheart. | -*我对她知之甚少* -小心肝 |
[01:54] | *And yet I know a lot* | *但是我知道很多* |
[01:57] | *And what it takes to make me love her* | *是什么让我爱上了她* |
[02:02] | *Does she make everybody stare?* | *她是不是万众瞩目* |
[02:29] | It was kicking again. | 它又踢我了 |
[02:32] | “The baby” was kicking. | 是”孩子”在踢 |
[02:35] | You said “it.” | 你用的是”它” |
[02:41] | I want to go out. | 我想出去 |
[02:43] | We’ve discussed this. | 我们已经谈过这个问题了 |
[02:46] | That neighbor lady came by yesterday. | 昨天隔壁的夫人来拜访了 |
[02:51] | – She invited us for dinner. – She came here? | -她请我们去吃饭 -她来这里了 |
[02:53] | Well, it’s not like we’ve got a phone. | 对啊 这里又没有电话 |
[02:55] | I asked you not to allow anyone in here. | 我说过不准任何人来这里 |
[02:58] | I pay you for it. | 我给你钱了 |
[02:59] | A simple dinner, | 吃吃便饭 |
[03:01] | some conversation, | 聊聊家常 |
[03:04] | some music, for god’s sake. | 听听小曲 看在上帝的面子上 |
[03:08] | They have a VV-80. | 他们有VV80 |
[03:10] | I don’t know what that is. | 什么东西 |
[03:12] | A victrola. | 手摇留声机 |
[03:14] | You don’t hear Jolson from across the alley? | 你没听到对面放的乔尔森的歌么 |
[03:26] | I’ll be working late. | 我今晚要工作到很晚 |
[03:30] | This is a jail, Nelson. | 这里简直就是监狱 尼尔森 |
[03:33] | I used to be out every night in the week. | 我以前每晚都出去 |
[03:36] | Yes, I’m sure between ordering murders | 我知道 买凶杀人 |
[03:39] | and rigging elections, | 和操控选举 |
[03:41] | Nucky Thompson showed you quite a time. | 努基·汤普森让你见识了不少他的本事 |
[03:43] | I can’t live like this! | 我不能像这样活着 |
[03:45] | Once the child is born, you won’t have to. | 只要孩子生下来 你就自由了 |
[03:51] | That was the agreement. | 我们说好的 |
[03:54] | Please make sure you eat. | 请务必吃点东西 |
[03:59] | Say what you want about Nucky, | 你想从努基那里得到什么 |
[04:03] | At least he was fun. | 至少他很有趣 |
[04:23] | I’ve had Katy return a few of my things to the Belle Femme. | 我已经让凯蒂把我的一些东西还给贝拉法蜜 |
[04:26] | The brocade coat, the flower pendant necklace– | 锦缎外套 垂花项链 |
[04:30] | What? What for? | 什么 为什么 |
[04:32] | I don’t need them. | 我不需要它们 |
[04:35] | But you wanted them. | 但是你想要 |
[04:39] | Under the circumstances I thought | 在这种情况下 |
[04:41] | it might be wise to conserve our resources. | 我觉得最好保存我们的财力 |
[04:43] | Under the circumstances it’s more important than ever | 在这种情况下 最重要的 |
[04:46] | for it to appear as though nothing has changed. | 是以不变应万变 |
[04:49] | Are you not invested to the limit in your land deal? | 你不是把钱都投到你的地产生意上了吗 |
[04:55] | I heard you on the telephone with your lawyer. | 我听到了你和你律师的话 |
[04:57] | I want you only in your finest things. | 我想让你享受最好的东西 |
[05:04] | I sleep late, you know that. | 你知道我睡得很晚 |
[05:06] | I said nothing. these are, after all, | 我什么也没说 毕竟 |
[05:09] | your finest silk pajamas. | 这是你最好的丝绸睡衣 |
[05:11] | Send the girl to get your things back. | 让下人去把你的东西取回来 |
[05:16] | We’ll be fine, Margaret. | 我们会没事的 玛格丽特 |
[05:19] | We are fine. | 我们没事 |
[05:48] | Fuckin’ Chinamen last night– | 昨晚有个中国佬 |
[05:51] | spilled coffee all over the felt. | 把咖啡洒在案子上了 |
[05:55] | You let chinks play in here? | 你让中国佬在这里玩 |
[06:05] | – What’s this? – It’s light, I know. | -你什么意思 -我知道很少 |
[06:08] | Light? it’s a fucking dirigible. | 少 你他妈打发叫花子呢 |
[06:09] | You’re gettin’ a lot of use out of that line, I bet. | 我肯定这钱用处多着呢 |
[06:11] | – What am I supposed to tell Nucky? – Tell him I don’t know. | -我应该怎么给努基说 -告诉他我不知道 |
[06:14] | But you can ask him why I had to hire this mick | 不过你可以问问他 为什么我明明没有酒卖 |
[06:16] | when I ain’t got no booze to sell. | 还要雇用这个爱尔兰佬 |
[06:18] | You’re evading the issue, Lolly. | 不要回避我的问题 罗利 |
[06:20] | Let me tell you about the casino business, Damien. | 我告诉你赌场的生意是怎么回事 |
[06:25] | People gamble. | 大家赌博 |
[06:26] | They lose, they get mad, | 输钱之后就生气了 |
[06:29] | so we give ’em free drinks so they keep gambling. | 我们免费给他们提供酒 让他们继续赌 |
[06:33] | Sometimes they win, they get happy, | 他们赢了就开心 |
[06:36] | So we give ’em more free drinks. | 我们继续提供免费的酒 |
[06:38] | Then they’re drunk, | 慢慢他们就醉了 |
[06:40] | so they gamble even more | 又继续赌博 |
[06:42] | and eventually they lose it all. | 最后输得一文不剩 |
[06:45] | The next night they come back and do it all over again. | 第二晚他们又来 重复这一切 |
[06:48] | So the whole fucking equation depends on what? | 这个循环依靠的是什么呢 |
[06:53] | – alcohol. – you just got a load last month! | -酒 -你上个月刚得到一大批酒 |
[06:55] | Of the cheap shit, the swill, | 低劣的酒 像泔水一样 |
[06:57] | and I am even running low on that. | 就这种酒我还没得到多少 |
[06:59] | The rollers want the good stuff. | 赌徒们想要好酒 |
[07:01] | We ain’t got it, they play someplace else. | 如果我们没有 他们就会另觅去处 |
[07:02] | It’s hard, lolly. nuck’s fighting for his life. | 这不容易 罗利 努克在与死亡抗争 |
[07:05] | We’re all fightin’ for our lives. | 我们都是在与死亡抗争 |
[07:07] | He wants fat envelopes? | 他想多捞点 |
[07:09] | I’m gonna need The booze from him. | 那必须要给我酒 |
[07:12] | Or from somebody else. | 否则我就去别处买酒 |
[07:22] | Same route, same order. | 同样的路线 同样的订单 |
[07:24] | Hell, it’s even the same fellas meeting you on shore. | 海边和你碰面的也是同一批人 |
[07:26] | It’s a passing of the mantle. | 这只是障眼之术 |
[07:28] | Sure. back to the fella already passed it to Nucky. | 对 那些人已经把酒送到努基的手上了 |
[07:32] | I’ll be buying my liquor somewhere, captain. | 我会从别的地方买到酒 船长 |
[07:34] | Might as well be from Bill Mccoy. | 何不干脆就从比尔·麦考伊这里买 |
[07:38] | So it’s not so much you want to buy from me | 这么说你不是想从我这里买酒 |
[07:40] | as you don’t want me selling to Nucky. | 而是想阻止我卖酒给努基吧 |
[07:41] | That needn’t concern you. | 这不劳你操心 |
[07:43] | Ah, but the enemy of my friend… | 但是我朋友的敌人 |
[07:46] | I believe you have that backwards, Mr. Mccoy. | 麦考伊先生 我知道你有些犹豫 |
[07:49] | Feeling flush, are you? | 脸红了吧 |
[07:51] | God bless Mr. Volstead. | 上天保佑禁酒法案 |
[07:54] | Halibut and motor oil, that’s what he used to smell like. | 他过去就是个名不见经传的臭流氓 |
[07:57] | Now he’s a fucking big shot. | 现在他妈的变成了大人物 |
[07:59] | Your attempt at charm, lou? | 你是在讨好我吗 卢 |
[08:00] | My attempt to talk sense to a jackass. | 我想让牛听懂我弹琴 |
[08:03] | I thought you made a deal, you and Nucky, years ago. | 我以为你和努基在很多年前就达成了协议 |
[08:07] | – Didn’t like the terms. – So he bested you in the bargain | -不喜欢那些条例 -他生意比你做得好 |
[08:09] | and now you’re fucking him over. | 现在你就要搞死他 |
[08:10] | Let’s keep the conversation civil, huh? | 讲话文明点 |
[08:12] | – Just politics, Bill. -Or mutiny, | -只是政治问题 比尔 -或者是暴动 |
[08:15] | Depending which business you’re in. | 这就要看你做什么生意 |
[08:18] | Giving me the stink eye for? | 瞪着我干嘛 |
[08:21] | Captain? | 船长 |
[08:23] | That lighthouse out there, the beacon that guides you? | 指引你前行的灯塔 |
[08:28] | Don’t you forget who put it there. | 不要忘了是谁点的灯 |
[08:31] | That scotch in your hand that warms your winter nights? | 冬夜里温暖你双手的那杯酒 |
[08:35] | Don’t you forget who put it there. | 不要忘了谁赠与你的 |
[08:43] | – Now what? – Get on the phone. | -现在怎么办 -去打电话 |
[08:45] | Get Tony Dennehy at the Coast Guard. | 把海岸警卫队的托尼·丹尼希叫来 |
[08:53] | Nucky, I am so sorry. I was watering the plants. | 努基 我很抱歉 我刚在浇花 |
[08:57] | – He let himself in. – Who did? | -他自己进来的 -谁来了 |
[09:11] | Mr. thompson. | 汤普森先生 |
[09:15] | Torrio’s man. | 托里奥的人 |
[09:19] | – Al Capone. – Right. | -阿尔·卡彭 -你好 |
[09:23] | – Brew some coffee. – Immediately. | -煮点咖啡 -马上就好 |
[09:25] | I was not expecting you until later. | 我以为你会晚点来 |
[09:27] | – No excuses, just coffee. – Ja. | -别找借口 去煮咖啡 -好 |
[09:38] | – I’m sorry for barging in. – It’s been a busy time. | -很抱歉不请自入了 -最近太忙 |
[09:40] | I haven’t been able to get the maid in here lately. | 都没时间叫人来收拾 |
[09:42] | My office is in a cathouse. | 我的办公室在妓院里 |
[09:47] | What brings you to Atlantic City? | 是什么风把你吹到大西洋城来了 |
[09:49] | A message from Johnny Torrio. | 强尼·托里奥有话对您说 |
[09:51] | He wanted you to hear it personally. | 他想让您亲耳听到 |
[09:55] | So he sends you. | 所以他派你来 |
[09:56] | I was coming this way anyhow. | 反正我都是顺路 |
[09:58] | my father died. | 我爸爸过世了 |
[10:00] | I’m settling his affairs. he got a barbershop over– | 我在处理他的后事 他有个理发店 |
[10:03] | What’s the message? | 有什么话快说 |
[10:08] | With regret, Chicago will no longer | 很遗憾 芝加哥不会再 |
[10:11] | be buying alcohol from Atlantic City. | 从大西洋城买酒了 |
[10:16] | Look, whatever mr. Torrio may have heard | 不管托里奥听到任何关于我的处境问题 |
[10:19] | about my position here, you can assure him that all is well. | 你可以告诉他一切皆好 |
[10:22] | Meaning what exactly? | 什么意思 |
[10:23] | that I’d expect a man of his caliber | 我希望像他如此有才能的人 |
[10:25] | not to cut and run at the first sign of trouble. | 不要遇到点困难就低头 |
[10:27] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[10:29] | Truth is this is nothing personal. | 事实是 这不是针对你 |
[10:33] | – Torrio’s got a new supplier. – Well, did I say that? | -托里奥找到新的供应商了 -我说了吗 |
[10:35] | Don’t get cute. | 别天真了 |
[10:37] | New York? Philly? | 纽约 费城 |
[10:41] | Is it Waxey Gordon? | 是瓦克西·戈登吗 |
[10:45] | Unless he’s getting out of the liquor business entirely | 除非他不做酒生意了 |
[10:47] | – I’m gonna find out. – he ain’t. | -不然我总会知道 -他没有 |
[10:49] | So is he distilling it from lake Michigan, what? | 那他的酒从哪里来 自己从密歇根湖取啊 |
[10:50] | You’re getting warmer. some Jews across the lake, | 你别激动 湖对面有犹太人 |
[10:54] | – They’re shipping it direct. – Canada? | -他们直接装船 -加拿大 |
[10:56] | With your pal George Remus in Ohio. | 和你在俄亥俄州的同伴乔治·雷穆斯 |
[11:03] | He knew you’d be taking a hit– a token of goodwill. | 他知道你会遭受打击 这是他的一点心意 |
[11:12] | What should I tell him? | 我该跟他说什么 |
[11:13] | Tell him no thank you. | 告诉他 我不会谢他 |
[11:16] | Next time he has something to tell me in person, | 下次他有事要告诉我 |
[11:19] | I’d like to hear it in person. | 我想亲自听他告诉我 |
[11:25] | Fair enough. | 很公平 |
[11:31] | How’s Jimmy Irish? | 爱尔兰吉米怎么样了 |
[11:33] | If you’re referring to Jimmy Darmody, | 如果你指的是吉米·达莫迪 |
[11:35] | You’ll have to ask him. | 你得自己去问他 |
[11:37] | He’s movin’ up in the world, eh? | 看来他已经单飞了 |
[11:40] | Tough out there, Chicago? the liquor trade? | 芝加哥贩酒生意不好做吧 |
[11:44] | It’s tough all over I’d imagine. | 非常不好做 |
[11:46] | There’s a lotta dough at stake. | 充满竞争 |
[11:48] | How’s Torrio handling the competition? | 托里奥是怎么处理竞争问题的 |
[11:51] | We’re killin’ ’em. | 杀了竞争对手 |
[11:58] | Did you have trouble finding me? | 找到我麻烦么 |
[12:00] | Why, I asked a fella for directions, | 我找过几个人问路 |
[12:03] | He said, “leave town and don’t look back.” oh no! | 他们说”远走他乡 未曾回望” 不会吧 |
[12:17] | The good stuff, | 好酒 |
[12:19] | Straight from broadway. | 从木板路上买的 |
[12:25] | It was a joke, peaches. I was kidding. | 那是个玩笑 宝贝 我在开玩笑 |
[12:29] | Ocean city’s fine. | 大西洋城很好 |
[12:31] | It’s not that. it’s just | 不是那个 只是 |
[12:33] | Seeing you reminds me of everything I’m missing. | 看到你让我想起了我失去的一切 |
[12:38] | Missing? you’re not missing a thing, kid. | 失去 你什么都没有失去 |
[12:42] | A baby, that’s the ticket. | 孩子 这就是通向幸福的门票 |
[12:45] | I tell you, Ida and the girls make life worth living. | 艾达和女儿们就是我活着的意义所在 |
[12:48] | Papa, whoever he is, | 不管谁是父亲 |
[12:50] | Oh, wait’ll he gets a load of that kisser. | 等着被孩子亲个满怀吧 |
[12:57] | He’s married. | 他有家室 |
[13:01] | Mr. Mueller? | 穆勒先生 |
[13:02] | – Who? – The name on the mailbox. | -谁 -邮箱上印的名字 |
[13:08] | That’s not his name. | 那不是他的名字 |
[13:11] | He’s some prohi I met in a speak. | 他是我在夜店勾搭的一个禁酒探员 |
[13:14] | You met a prohi in a speak? ohh. | 你勾搭了一个禁酒探员 |
[13:27] | After Nucky threw me over, I didn’t care. | 自从努基抛弃我之后我就不怎么在乎了 |
[13:31] | I wasn’t careful. | 一个不小心 |
[13:34] | Then the next thing I knew… | 再接下来就是 |
[13:40] | He said he’d pay me– | 他说他要给我 |
[13:44] | Good money. | 一大笔钱 |
[13:49] | Take care of me until the baby comes. | 照顾我 直到我把孩子生下来 |
[13:51] | You should’ve written you were short on dough. | 你应该在信里说你缺钱的 |
[13:54] | No, it’s just… | 不是 我只是 |
[13:56] | Oh, it’s just that I wanted to– | 我只是想要 |
[14:02] | Be important to somebody. | 活的更有价值一点 |
[14:05] | I wanted… | 我想 |
[14:07] | I wanted to mean something besides just whoopee. | 除了给男人带来欢愉还能有其他的价值 |
[14:12] | You know? | 你知道么 |
[14:18] | Does Nucky know? | 努基知道么 |
[14:20] | He knows about everything else, | 他手眼通天 |
[14:23] | I wouldn’t be surprised. | 要是知道我也不会惊讶 |
[14:30] | So tell me about vaudeville. | 给我讲讲歌舞团的事 |
[14:34] | – What’s the gossip? – You mean besides you? | -有什么新鲜事 -你是说除了你以外的 |
[14:39] | We’re dead for winter and Macgregor’s coming into the apollo | 冬天没生意 马基高团带着这个剧目 |
[14:42] | With this snoozer. A showgirl wants to marry | 来阿波罗剧场演出 一个歌舞女郎想嫁给 |
[14:45] | A society boy but his parents won’t– | 一个社交名流 但是他的父母 |
[14:56] | – Is it that bad? – Huh huh? what? | -真的这么催眠么 -什么什么 你说什么 |
[14:58] | Oh. it’s not that terrible I suppose. | 我想也没那么差 |
[15:07] | “a dangerous maid.” | “危险的女仆” |
[15:36] | Ange? | 安吉 |
[15:49] | – Daddy! – Jimmy | -爸爸 -吉米 |
[15:50] | Here they are, | 他们来了 |
[15:55] | – Mutt and mutt. – What are you doing here? | -混蛋和混蛋 -你来这干什么 |
[15:58] | Hey. | 你好 |
[16:00] | – Thank heavens. – hey, watch the lamp! | -我的天呐 -台灯 看着点 |
[16:03] | Tommy, get him, get him! | 汤米 抓住他 抓住他 |
[16:06] | Get him! | 抓住他 |
[16:09] | – Get him! – Tommy, c’mere. | -抓住他 -汤米 过来 |
[16:14] | All he’s gotta do is step aside. | 他能做的就是靠边站 |
[16:16] | Naturally. like Colosimo. | 当然 就像科洛西莫一样 |
[16:19] | Bang! | 一枪毙命 |
[16:21] | That’s not how we’re working it. it’s a political coup. | 我们不打算这么做 我们这叫政变 |
[16:24] | – A what? – We’re taking back the city. | -什么 -我们要夺回这座城市 |
[16:27] | – My father used to run things here. – Fuck the city. | -我父亲曾经是这座城市的主人 -谁他妈在乎城市 |
[16:30] | – What about the booze? – We got it all locked up. | -酒怎么办 -我们垄断 |
[16:32] | We got the coast guard in our pocket | 海岸警卫队站在我们这边 |
[16:35] | And Nucky will be in jail by fall. | 秋天一到 努基就会进监狱 |
[16:37] | Jail? | 监狱 |
[16:40] | Just have Frankenstein drill a hole in his noggin. | 就好象弗兰肯斯坦在头上钻了个洞 |
[16:44] | I won’t do that. | 我不会这么做 |
[16:47] | Whaddaya mean won’t? | 什么叫你不会这么做 |
[16:53] | So how about you? you still at the deuces? | 你怎么样 还在老地方 |
[16:57] | Torrio gimme a piece. | 托里奥给我分红了 |
[16:59] | The brewery too– 20% of each. | 酿酒厂也是 都是百分之二十 |
[17:01] | I bought a house. | 买了房子 |
[17:03] | I’m movin’ my brothers out from Brooklyn. | 让我哥哥从布鲁克林搬了出来 |
[17:05] | – So we’re both cooking with gas. – Salute. | -这么说咱俩都是蒸蒸日上啊 -干一杯 |
[17:08] | Salute. | 干 |
[17:13] | I wish I knew you were coming. | 早知道你要来 |
[17:14] | I would have baked something myself. | 我就自己烤点东西款待你了 |
[17:16] | No, this is great. perfecto. | 不用 这就很好 完美 |
[17:20] | Are you staying for dinner as well? | 你要留下来吃晚餐么 |
[17:21] | Nah, I got a train for Brooklyn. | 不行 我要赶去布鲁克林的火车 |
[17:23] | My father passed a few weeks back. | 我父亲几周前去世了 |
[17:25] | – I’m settling his affairs. – Oh, I’m sorry. | -我去安排他的后事 -我很遗憾 |
[17:30] | He was a barber, had his own shop. | 他是个理发师 有自己的店面 |
[17:33] | Not like your father, but he did okay. | 不想你老爸那么阔气 不过也算过得去 |
[17:37] | Thought I’d be a barber too. | 本以为我也会成为理发师的 |
[17:40] | Can you see that? | 你能想象的到么 |
[17:43] | It’s an honest living. | 也算是安宁的生活 |
[17:45] | And it worked him to death like a chump. | 结果还是一死 |
[17:48] | But he was my father, right? | 但他是我的父亲 |
[18:02] | I marry a mick, you marry a dago | 我娶了个爱尔兰姑娘 你娶了个西班牙姑娘 |
[18:05] | And we both got sons. what’s that about? | 还都有个儿子 这事闹的 |
[18:08] | Daddy, my shoes won’t tie. | 爸爸 我的鞋带系不好 |
[18:10] | – What? – My shoes won’t tie! | -什么 -我的鞋带系不好 |
[18:14] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[18:18] | – They won’t tie, huh? – Uh-uh. | -系不好 是吧 -是 |
[18:20] | You don’t remember what I showed you? | 你忘了我是怎么教你的了 |
[18:23] | Watch daddy’s leg. | 看我的 |
[18:26] | – Looped. – loop, okay. | -弯成一圈 -弯成一圈 没错 |
[18:28] | Wrap, put it through, pull it tight. | 绕一下 穿过去 系紧 |
[18:31] | – Like that? – Yes. | -看懂了么 -看懂了 |
[18:33] | – Okay. – Looped, wrap it around– | -好的 -弯成一圈 绕一下 |
[18:36] | – One? two? – No, one loop. | -一圈还是两圈 -不 一圈 |
[18:38] | – Two loops? – No, one loop! | -两圈 -不 一圈 |
[18:39] | – Three loop. then– – Wrap it around. no. | -三圈 然后 -绕一下 不 |
[18:42] | How is Odette? | 奥黛特怎么样了 |
[18:45] | Put the string in-between. | 把鞋带放到中间 |
[18:48] | – In-between. – And pull tight. | -中间 -系紧 |
[18:50] | – Pull it tight. – She’s a whore. | -系紧 -她是个妓女 |
[18:54] | That’s how she is. | 还能怎么样 |
[19:00] | Daddy, daddy! | 爸爸 爸爸 |
[19:05] | I need your help. | 我需要你帮忙 |
[19:08] | Can I just get my coat off at least? | 能让我先把外套脱了么 |
[19:09] | Your father’s agitated or something. | 你父亲一副焦虑不安的样子 |
[19:11] | he won’t let me shave him. | 他不让我替他刮胡子 |
[19:12] | – Change his bed. – Leave him be, he’s comfortable. | -给他换床单 -现在这样他就挺舒服 |
[19:16] | It’s days now he’s sleeping in his clothes. | 这些日子他都和衣而睡 |
[19:19] | He’ll get bedsores. | 这样会长褥疮的 |
[19:34] | Hey, pop. | 爸爸 |
[19:38] | Time to go to sleep. | 该睡觉了 |
[19:41] | Look who’s here– the big shot. | 看看谁来了 大人物 |
[19:52] | Come on, let’s get you changed, okay? | 好了 把衣服换了吧 |
[19:56] | Here, this bullshit. | 看看这个 |
[20:01] | What they’re trying to do? | 他们想干什么 |
[20:03] | You shouldn’t read that. here. | 你不该读这个 |
[20:05] | It’s a lot of goddamn bullshit. | 都是他妈的扯淡 |
[20:06] | – I know. – What? | -我知道 -什么 |
[20:08] | – Let’s get you cleaned up, okay? – I gotta be ready | -先洗干净好么 -我得准备好 |
[20:12] | – in case he needs me. – Who? | -万一他需要我 -谁 |
[20:13] | Your brother! | 你哥哥 |
[20:17] | Well, to do that you’re gonna need your rest, okay? | 要准备好那就要休息好 好么 |
[20:22] | So here, come on. | 所以 听话 |
[20:26] | What’ll become of him? | 他会遇到什么事情 |
[20:28] | He’s a big boy, pop. he’ll take care of himself. | 他是个大孩子了 爸爸 他能照顾好自己 |
[20:31] | Aw bullshit. | 屁话 |
[20:34] | Pop, c’mon. quit squirming. | 好了 爸爸 别乱动了 |
[20:36] | You need to help him. you can handle things, | 你要帮他 你能处理好事情 |
[20:38] | But Eli? he has no goddamn idea what he’s doing. | 但是伊莱 他根本不知道他在做什么 |
[21:26] | Mr. Thompson. | 汤普森先生 |
[21:33] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[21:56] | – You’re up. – I am. | -你没睡 -是的 |
[22:00] | How was your day? | 今天过的怎么样 |
[22:02] | It was good. | 挺好 |
[22:04] | Chalky white’s gonna make bail. | 朝琪·怀特的保释办妥了 |
[22:06] | He’ll be home very soon. | 他很快就能回家了 |
[22:09] | His family must be thrilled. | 他的家人肯定很高兴 |
[22:16] | You all right? | 你没事吧 |
[22:18] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[22:20] | You look… | 你看上去 |
[22:23] | I don’t know. | 说不准 |
[22:24] | The book maybe. | 可能是书的原因 |
[22:42] | So are you going to tell me what’s going on or not? | 你要不要告诉我到底发生了什么 |
[22:50] | Is it only me who has to share their troubles? | 是不是只有我必须分担他们的麻烦 |
[22:53] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[22:54] | You walk around, the weight of the world on your shoulders, | 当你在外奔波 世界的重量都在你的肩上 |
[22:58] | Yet you pretend nothing’s wrong. | 你还装做若无其事 |
[23:00] | I’ll do the worrying for the both of us. | 担心的事情交给我 |
[23:03] | – I want to help you. – You do. | -我想帮你 -你帮了 |
[23:06] | You are. | 你正在帮 |
[23:12] | I’ve told you of my brother and sisters in Ireland. | 我告诉过你我远在爱尔兰的兄弟姐妹吧 |
[23:16] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[23:21] | They’re here now, in Brooklyn. | 他们来美国了 住在布鲁克林 |
[23:42] | There’s a resemblance. | 有照片 |
[23:50] | There’s a telephone number. | 有电话号码 |
[23:54] | What are you going to do? | 你打算怎么办 |
[23:56] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[23:59] | It wasn’t a happy parting of the ways. | 我们当时分别的不是很愉快 |
[24:06] | This business, when it all blows over? | 这个商业帝国 当它倒塌的那一天 |
[24:09] | I’d like to take you away. | 我想带你走 |
[24:11] | Have you seen Paris? | 你去过巴黎么 |
[24:14] | – No. – Then that’s where we’ll go. | -没有 -那我们就去那 |
[24:17] | The kids too if you like. | 如果你喜欢也可以带上孩子们 |
[24:19] | We’ll book a suite at the Meurice. | 我们在莫里斯酒店订上套间 |
[24:21] | I’m quite happy here, you know. | 我在这很开心 |
[24:23] | I’m very glad to hear that. | 很高兴听你这么说 |
[24:25] | But it’s important to always have | 但是对未来充满憧憬 |
[24:26] | something to look forward to. | 是很重要的 |
[24:37] | The whole encounter will be balanced on a razor. | 一切巧合皆有机缘 |
[24:40] | Take your father’s lead, | 听从你父亲的命令 |
[24:42] | But be your own man as well. | 但也要保留自己的主见 |
[24:44] | So I shouldn’t let him cut my meat for me? | 所以我不该让他帮我切肉 |
[24:48] | – I’m glad you’re so cavalier. – It’s just a dinner, ma. | -我很高兴你这么具有骑士精神 -那只是一顿晚餐 妈妈 |
[24:52] | With the governor, dear. | 和州长共进的晚餐 亲爱的 |
[24:54] | Your father’s worked very hard | 你父亲费了很大的功夫 |
[24:55] | to solidify this relationship. | 来巩固这段关系 |
[24:57] | And you know what they say about first impressions. | 你知道第一印象是多么重要 |
[25:03] | You used to call him “the letch.” | 你以前都叫他”色魔” |
[25:05] | – Who? – My father. | -谁 -我爸爸 |
[25:07] | – I did not. – You did. | -我没有 -你有 |
[25:10] | I had to look it up. | 我还是查了字典才知道意思 |
[25:12] | Well, | 好吧 |
[25:14] | It must have been when I was still angry with him. | 那时候可能我还恨他 |
[25:18] | And what’s changed? | 后来什么改变了 |
[25:20] | I grew up. | 我成熟了 |
[25:22] | I learned forgiveness. | 学会了宽恕 |
[25:26] | It is a virtue, you know. | 这可是美德 |
[25:28] | By that logic I should forgive Nucky. | 按这个逻辑 我应该原谅努基 |
[25:31] | – Forgive Nucky for what? – Nothing. | -原谅努基什么 -没什么 |
[25:45] | It means everything that you stood up for my honor, dear. | 你能维护我的名誉对我来说太重要了 |
[25:51] | I was a mere child when nucky brought me to your father. | 努基带我去见你父亲的时候我还是孩子 |
[25:55] | You were certainly right about that. | 你是对的 |
[25:58] | What’s with his hair? | 他的头发怎么了 |
[26:00] | Getting old is no picnic, believe me. | 相信我 变老可不容易 |
[26:03] | – it looks foolish. – to you, maybe. | -看着有点傻 -也许你觉得傻 |
[26:06] | To the outside world he just looks like the commodore. | 对于外界来说 他就像准将 |
[26:12] | A friend of mine | 我一个朋友 |
[26:15] | Buried his father. | 葬了他父亲 |
[26:17] | He was a barber. | 他原来是个理发师 |
[26:20] | Oh? | 是吗 |
[26:23] | Sometimes I think | 有时候 我觉得 |
[26:24] | I’d be better suited to a simpler life. | 我更适应简单的生活 |
[26:26] | Well, that’s ridiculous. | 这太荒谬了 |
[26:29] | You’re a natural leader. | 你天生就是个领导 |
[26:33] | And what are you? | 那你呢 |
[26:37] | I’m just a woman who loves her family. | 我只是个爱家的女人 |
[26:46] | “i know what everybody says about me behind my back. | 我知道大家怎样在背后议论我 |
[26:51] | That i’m just some flibbertigibbet | 我只是外表光鲜 |
[26:53] | With cotton wool between the ears. | 的轻浮女人 |
[26:57] | Well, I’m wise to a thing or two, I guess. | 不过偶尔我也很聪明 |
[27:04] | You think i’ll fall for any old | 你以为我会爱上 |
[27:06] | Bean with pomade in his hair | 那个抹了发油的老头子 |
[27:09] | And the keys to a coupe. | 和他的车 |
[27:12] | And maybe I would have | 如果是上个月 |
[27:15] | Last month, | 也许我会这样 |
[27:18] | But now | 但现在 |
[27:21] | I’m in love with Harry. | 我爱上了哈利 |
[27:24] | So what if I don’t know how to hit a ball | 如果我真的不知道怎样 |
[27:26] | With a stick on a horse, | 打马球 |
[27:29] | Or laugh without showing my teeth? | 怎么笑不露齿呢 |
[27:33] | I love him and he loves me. | 我爱他 他也爱我 |
[27:36] | And whether we wind up in some swank mansion | 不管我们是在华居还是陋室 |
[27:40] | – or just in a tarpaper shack–” – what are you doing? | -激情缠绵 -你在做什么 |
[27:51] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[27:58] | Please. | 请给我看看 |
[28:07] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[28:09] | What’s it look like? a script. | 你觉得像什么 剧本 |
[28:12] | Why were you reading it? | 你为什么读剧本 |
[28:17] | My friend Eddie came over today– | 我朋友埃迪今天来过 |
[28:22] | Eddie Cantor. | 埃迪·康托尔 |
[28:24] | He’s a performer. I’ve seen his name. | 他是个演员 我看过他名字 |
[28:27] | What did you discuss? | 你们聊什么了 |
[28:29] | Only that there’s a musical Trying out in town. | 城里有个音乐剧的试演 |
[28:33] | And he thinks– Eddie– | 他觉得 埃迪 |
[28:35] | He thinks i’d be good for the part. | 他觉得我适合这部剧 |
[28:38] | A chorus girl. in the story she’s a chorus girl | 一个合唱团的女孩 在这个故事里 |
[28:41] | Who gets jammed up with the wrong guy. | 她错爱上一个男人 |
[28:48] | Everything written here | 这上面都是 |
[28:50] | Is what the actors are supposed to say? | 演员要说的话么 |
[28:54] | Ain’t you ever seen a show? | 你看过表演吗 |
[28:59] | Hey, give that– | 给我 |
[29:01] | I was taken by an aunt to a christmas pageant in 1894. | 一八九四年 阿姨带我去过圣诞舞会 |
[29:05] | When my parents found out, they broke off all relations | 我父母发现之后 就跟她断绝来往 |
[29:08] | And never spoke to her again. | 再也没有联系过她 |
[29:10] | Well, you don’t know what you’re missing. | 那你不知道失去了多少乐趣 |
[29:16] | You wish to appear in this spectacle? | 你想参加表演 |
[29:21] | please speak up. | 说话 |
[29:24] | Yes! yes, I wish to appear. | 是啊 是啊 我想表演 |
[29:27] | I need something, | 我要找些事情做 |
[29:30] | Something or I’m going to go crazy. | 不然我就疯了 |
[29:34] | But you realize that’s not possible. | 但你知道这不可能 |
[29:36] | You’re carrying a child. | 你怀孕了 |
[29:38] | That is a sacred charge from the lord | 那是上帝赐予你的 |
[29:40] | And a financial agreement between us. | 而且我们之间还有经济协议 |
[29:42] | So what you might want | 所以你的要求 |
[29:45] | Can’t be allowed. | 不被允许 |
[29:56] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[30:08] | I told him, Nuck. I hollered and everything. | 我和他说了 努克 我什么都抱怨了 |
[30:10] | – and he said what? – that without the hooch, | -他怎么说 -没有酒 |
[30:13] | People don’t gamble as much. | 人们就不会赌博了 |
[30:14] | we got three boats comes tonight. | 今晚有三艘船到 |
[30:16] | Scotch, rum and rye. tell him to keep his shirt on. | 威士忌 朗姆酒和黑麦 让他准备好 |
[30:20] | The attorney general is on the line. | 总检察官的电话 |
[30:34] | This isn’t to be critical, but you need to start | 我不是挑刺 但你得 |
[30:37] | Picking up on people’s signals. | 开始注意大家的反应 |
[30:39] | Okay, Nuck. | 好的 努克 |
[30:41] | I need to take this call, Damien. | 我得接电话了 达米安 |
[30:44] | Right. | 好的 |
[30:46] | Yes, I’m so sorry. | 不好意思 |
[30:48] | So sorry. | 抱歉 |
[30:56] | Mr. attorney general. | 首席检察官先生您好 |
[30:59] | Why so formal? | 这么正式干嘛 |
[31:00] | The only thing new is the title. | 只不过换了个新名头而已 |
[31:02] | How are you settling in, Harry? | 你适应得怎么样 哈利 |
[31:04] | Warren had to have the place fumigated. | 沃伦必须把这里彻底消一遍毒 |
[31:06] | Seriously, the white house? it’s filthy. | 说真的 白宫 也很肮脏 |
[31:09] | Not nearly as dirty as when you fellas get through with it. | 不会有你们经历的那么恶心 |
[31:13] | What can I do for you, Nuck? | 我能为你做什么 努克 |
[31:14] | Well, speaking of messes, I’m in one myself. | 说到混乱 我自己倒是有麻烦了 |
[31:18] | You hear about this election nonsense they’restate election. | 你听说关于选举舞弊的事了吗 |
[31:20] | I read the papers, sure. at least my clerk does it for me. | 我读过报纸 至少我的秘书会替我读 |
[31:24] | Well, not to put too fine a point on it, | 没什么特别好的建议 |
[31:25] | But if you were ever planning on | 但是如果你想 |
[31:27] | making good on a certain debt, | 还上欠的人情 |
[31:28] | Now would be the time. | 现在正是时候 |
[31:30] | Hey, you leave a case of wine on top of a radiator? | 你在暖气上面放了一箱酒吗 |
[31:32] | – come on. – what? | -拜托 -怎么了 |
[31:34] | – sorry, Nuck. – I say I’m calling in a favor. | -抱歉 努克 -我在求你帮忙 |
[31:38] | I heard you, I just… I don’t know. | 我明白你意思 我不知道 |
[31:40] | You don’t know what? I hope it’s how to thank me | 你不知道什么 我希望是不知道怎么感谢我 |
[31:43] | And not whether a bastard kid | 而不是私生子事件 |
[31:44] | would’ve cost your boy the election. | 可能会毁掉选举 |
[31:46] | Don’t get me wrong, Nucky, we’re all very grateful, | 不要误会我的意思 我们都很感激你 |
[31:48] | But yours was a state election. | 但你那是州选举 |
[31:51] | – So? – So I have no standing to | -所以呢 -所以我不能以联邦政府的身份 |
[31:52] | intervene on a federal level. | 加以干涉 |
[31:54] | You can’t get Harding to pull some strings? | 你不能让哈丁嘱咐几句么 |
[31:56] | Tell you what, how about you come down for a visit? | 这样吧 你到我这来一趟 |
[31:59] | My guest, you and your gal, | 你和你女朋友一起 我请客 |
[32:00] | Dinner at the white house, stay over if you’d like. | 来白宫共进晚餐 喜欢的话也可以过夜 |
[32:03] | I know Warren would love to see you. how does that sound? | 我知道沃伦想见你 怎么样 |
[32:06] | It sounds like you’re fucking me over. | 听上去好像你在耍我玩 |
[32:07] | Let me unpack my socks at least, will you? | 至少让我先把椅子坐热了 好么 |
[32:09] | Swell, Harry. in the meantime I’ll try to stay out of jail. | 没问题 哈利 当你暖座位的时候我就想方设法远离牢狱之灾 |
[32:26] | Meyer, Charlie, | 梅耶 查理 |
[32:28] | I believe you know Mr. Masseria. | 马赫里亚先生 你们都认识 |
[32:32] | – Sure. – Everybody knows Joe the boss. | -当然 -谁都认识这位大老板 |
[32:40] | Then perhaps you also know, | 那你们也许可能知道 |
[32:43] | Though it is of course news to me, | 虽然对我来说是新闻 |
[32:46] | That a card game you operate is located in territory | 你们经营的一家赌场 |
[32:49] | That Mr. Masseria considers to be his. | 位于被认为是马赫里亚先生的地盘内 |
[32:53] | Not considers! is mine. | 不是被认为是 就是我的 |
[32:58] | My thinking was, before any more blood is shed, | 我的想法是 在出现进一步的冲突之前 |
[33:02] | That a compromise can be reached. | 不如让我们把问题谈开 |
[33:04] | – More blood? – Tompkins square park, | -进一步的冲突 -汤普金斯广场公园 |
[33:07] | My two nephews? | 我的两个侄子 |
[33:14] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[33:15] | Apparently two of Mr. Masseria’s | 很显然 马赫里亚先生派去 |
[33:17] | emissaries to your establishment | 找你的两位使者 |
[33:19] | Were murdered shortly after their visit. | 在拜访完你们之后就被谋杀了 |
[33:24] | We do operate a game | 我们的赌场 |
[33:25] | In what might be termed a grey area territorially. | 确实在双方地盘交接的灰色地带 |
[33:28] | But as to any violence in the neighborhood– | 但是要说动用暴力 |
[33:30] | – They stab themself, eh? – A coincidence then. it happens. | -这么说是他们自己捅的自己 -可能是巧合 这有可能 |
[33:33] | On my streets | 在我的街上 |
[33:35] | No coincidence. | 从没有巧合 |
[33:38] | This little prick, since he’s 10 years old | 这个小王八蛋 从十岁开始 |
[33:40] | He causes problems. | 就开始惹麻烦 |
[33:47] | It seems to me you boys ought to extend | 我觉得你们应该赔偿给马赫里亚先生 |
[33:49] | A token of goodwill towards Mr. Masseria. | 一些钱以示友好 |
[33:53] | Shall we say | 一次性支付两千美元 |
[33:54] | A one-time fee of $2,000 | 怎么样 |
[33:57] | For the families of those gentlemen | 算是给予被害者家属的抚恤金 |
[33:59] | And a tax of 10% on the game going forward? | 外加百分之十的赌场利润 |
[34:03] | – Hold on a fuckin’ second– – Charlie. | -等一下 -查理 |
[34:10] | 10% is okay. | 百分之十可以 |
[34:14] | – For now. – Then we have an agreement? | -仅限现阶段 -那我们算达成协议了吗 |
[34:56] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[35:09] | A.R., two grand is bad enough, but 10% of the fucking game? | 罗斯坦 两千就够多的了 还加上百分之十的赌场利润 |
[35:13] | We already pay half the take on that game to you. | 我们一半的利润都交给你了 |
[35:19] | Yes. | 没错 |
[35:20] | And now you boys know why. | 现在你们知道给我钱是干什么用的了 |
[35:34] | There’s another speak off baltic. | 另一批货马上就到 |
[35:36] | Right time of night, you’ll be good for 100 cases. | 就在今晚 一百箱有余 |
[35:39] | What kind of security, Mr. Cusick? | 保卫状况怎么样 库斯科 |
[35:43] | The usual– | 和往常一样 |
[35:44] | Shotguns, pistols. | 猎枪 手枪 |
[35:47] | And the name is Doyle now. | 还有 我现在叫多伊尔 |
[35:49] | Your file says Cusick. | 你的档案里写的是库斯科 |
[35:50] | Then it’s wrong, | 那档案就是错的 |
[35:52] | ’cause I already been arrested under the new moniker. | 我换了新名字已经被逮捕过了 |
[35:55] | I can arrest you again if you like, see if it sticks. | 我可以再逮捕你一次 看看你的如意算盘管不管用 |
[35:58] | Cusick’ll be dandy. | 库斯科这名字太浮夸 |
[36:02] | Cash up front, officer. | 先给钱 长官 |
[36:05] | You wanna dance, | 想跳舞 |
[36:06] | You pay the piper. | 就要买单 |
[36:10] | Any chance you wanna sell back any | 想不想把今晚没收的酒 |
[36:12] | hooch you might happen to confiscate? | 再转手卖出去 |
[36:14] | Are you admitting to me that | 你是向我承认 |
[36:15] | you’re a bootleget, Mr.Cusick | 你是私酒贩子么 |
[36:22] | Jesus, I can’t get a bead on you. | 天呐 我真看不懂你 |
[36:28] | So that’s what you like. can’t fault you there. | 原来你喜欢这个 英雄爱红颜啊 |
[36:31] | I’m a married man. I have no interest in women of that sort. | 我有家室 我对那样的女人没兴趣 |
[36:35] | “treat a queen like a whore | “把王后看成妓女 |
[36:37] | And a whore like a queen.” | 把妓女当成王后” |
[36:42] | That’s what my uncle Louie used to say. | 这是我叔叔路易说的 |
[36:48] | Let me ask you, Mr. Doyle– | 我问你个问题 多伊尔先生 |
[36:52] | Would you consider Nucky Thompson fun? | 你觉得努基·汤普森有趣么 |
[37:31] | – For whom should I ask? – Any occupant of apartment 2a. | -我应该问谁 -二A号公寓的主人 |
[37:35] | – I don’t often speak on the telephone, ma’am. – Just relax. | -我不经常给人打电话 夫人 -放松 |
[37:38] | – I told you what to say. – Uh, hello. | -我告诉你该怎么说 -喂 |
[37:42] | Yes. | 是的 |
[37:44] | Any occupant of apartment 2a, please. | 帮我接二A号公寓的主人 |
[37:49] | Yes, very good. he’ll fetch someone. | 好的 很好 他去找人了 |
[37:55] | – Is it a friend you’re looking for? – A relation. | -你要找朋友么 -亲人 |
[38:00] | In America? are they– | 在美国 他们 |
[38:02] | Yes, hello. | 我在 喂 |
[38:03] | I am attempting to locate Miss Peggy Rohan. | 我想找佩吉·洛汗小姐 |
[38:06] | And I wondered if I m– | 我想能不能 |
[38:10] | Yes, I see. | 好的 我知道了 |
[38:14] | And you’re quite sure of this? | 你确定么 |
[38:18] | I’m terribly sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[38:25] | A second man– the man the first man went to fetch? | 第二个男人 第一个去找来的那个 |
[38:29] | He says– I’m sorry, | 他说 我很抱歉 |
[38:33] | But he says Peggy Rohan is dead, ma’am. | 但是他说 佩吉·洛汗已经死了 夫人 |
[38:37] | He said she died 12 years ago. | 他说她十二年前就死了 |
[38:55] | Mayor Bader dropped by. | 巴德市长来访 |
[38:57] | He invited you to join him and Mrs. Bader for dinner. | 他邀请您与他夫妻二人共进晚餐 |
[39:01] | – Tell him I’m busy. – Anything specific? | -给他说我很忙 -要怎么给他说呢 |
[39:05] | – Just make something up. – Ja. | -随便编点 -是 |
[39:11] | I was wondering why the phone had not rung. | 我还在想电话为什么没响 |
[39:14] | Just leave it. | 就放在那吧 |
[39:17] | Mr. Thompson, I do hope I’m not intruding. | 汤普森先生 希望我还不算冒昧 |
[39:22] | – What do you want? – A word, if you’ve time, sir. | -你想要什么 -如果您有时间 我想和您谈谈 |
[39:27] | Have a seat. | 请坐 |
[39:34] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[39:49] | As you know, sir, I’ve– and I’m eternally grateful– | 先生 我非常感谢您 |
[39:52] | I’ve been tending bar for Mr. Steinman at the casino there. | 我现在在斯坦曼先生的赌场做酒保 |
[39:55] | – Tonight. – Sir? | -今晚 -您说什么 先生 |
[39:58] | The booze. there’s a shipment tonight. | 酒 今晚就到 |
[40:02] | Yes sir. | 是的先生 |
[40:04] | – That’s actually not why I’m here. – Why are you here? | -那不是我今晚到这来的原因 -那你来干什么 |
[40:07] | – What’s your name again? – Owen Sleater. | -你叫什么来着 -欧文·斯雷特 |
[40:10] | I’m here, sir, ’cause I read the papers. | 我来到是因为我看了报纸 |
[40:14] | More importantly I read between the lines. | 更重要的是我读出了字里行间的意思 |
[40:16] | And you’ve concluded what? | 你得出了什么结论 |
[40:18] | That my talents are being wasted behind a tap. | 我的天赋被浪费了 |
[40:21] | What are your talents, Mr. Sleater? | 你的天赋是什么 斯雷特 |
[40:23] | – Making people stop. – Stop what? | -让人停止 -停止什么 |
[40:26] | Whatever it is you don’t want them to be doing. | 停止你不想让他们做的事情 |
[40:31] | What makes you think I need a man with those skills? | 你怎么会想到我需要这样一个人 |
[40:35] | Well, if you need me to tell you, sir, | 如果一定要我说出来 先生 |
[40:37] | You need me more than I thought. | 你比我想象的还需要我 |
[40:40] | Nucky, I just received a call. | 努基 我刚刚接到电话 |
[40:44] | A ship-to-shore message from Bill Mccoy: | 比尔·麦考伊的船上发来的无线电 |
[40:47] | The Coast Guard is seizing his ships. | 海岸警卫队拦住了他们的船 |
[40:58] | I thank you for your time, sir. | 感谢您接见我 先生 |
[42:16] | Hello? | 有人么 |
[42:20] | Hello? | 有人么 |
[42:22] | Hello. Delivery for Mueller. | 你好 穆勒先生的快递 |
[42:29] | So you set the record. you wind her up. | 你放上唱片 摇几圈 |
[42:37] | You place the needle… | 放上唱针 |
[42:43] | And you’re all set. | 然后就可以听了 |
[42:44] | Mmm. Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[42:49] | Who sent this? | 谁送来的 |
[42:52] | That would be | 应该是 |
[42:55] | Mr. Mueller. | 穆勒先生送来的 |
[43:05] | The girl’s being coy with you, Lilian. | 那姑娘跟你在一起都腼腆了 莉莲 |
[43:08] | Oh yes, him. – “oh yes, him,” she says. | 是的 是他 是的 是他 她这么说 |
[43:11] | I saw the way you looked at him. we both did. | 我看到你看他的样子了 我们都看到了 |
[43:13] | You were giddy as a schoolgirl– | 你就和个怀春的小姑娘一样 |
[43:15] | Is this a private party? | 这是私人聚会么 |
[43:19] | – Ma’am, I’m so sorry. – Sit. | -夫人 抱歉 -坐下 |
[43:22] | Pour me a drink. | 给我倒杯酒 |
[43:25] | More for yourselves as well. | 给你自己也倒上 |
[43:27] | – Are you sure, ma’am? – It’s the first drop kills you. | -您确定么 夫人 -第一次喝酒伤害最大 |
[43:30] | So there’s no harm in the last. | 往后就没事了 |
[43:49] | Were you born in Ireland, Katy? | 凯蒂 你是出生在爱尔兰么 |
[43:51] | No, ma’am. here, ma’am. | 不是的 夫人 我出生在这里 夫人 |
[43:54] | Please stop calling me that. | 别叫我夫人了 |
[43:56] | If you had been, you’d have left the place. | 即使你是 现在也离开了 |
[44:01] | And far be it from anyone | 一直逃到所有人都 |
[44:02] | To begrudge you that escape. | 羡慕你的地方 |
[44:05] | – Am I right? – Yes, ma’am– | -我说的没错吧 -是的 夫人 |
[44:08] | – Missus. – Margaret. | -小姐 -玛格丽特 |
[44:10] | Why put on airs? | 干什么摆架子呢 |
[44:13] | If you wish. | 如您所愿 |
[44:17] | What’s this? | 这是怎么回事 |
[44:20] | Leave it. | 放那别动 |
[44:27] | What’s the matter? | 出什么事了 |
[44:32] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[44:37] | I’d like you to dress for dinner. | 打扮一下和我去吃晚餐 |
[44:39] | What? | 什么 |
[44:40] | Get dressed, please. I’m taking you out. | 打扮一下 我带你出去 |
[45:47] | – Governor Edwards. – How are you, Babette? | -爱德华兹州长 -你好啊 芭贝特 |
[45:49] | – It’s been too long. – Yes it has, yes it has. | -好久不见 -确实确实 |
[45:52] | – There they are. – Governor. | -他们在那 -州长 |
[45:54] | – Hey, how are you? – Good. | -你好么 -很好 |
[45:56] | Oh, after you, my dear. | 亲爱的 你先请 |
[45:58] | Hey, you son of a bitch. | 你个混蛋 |
[46:00] | Louis, how are you? how are you? | 路易 你好啊 你好 |
[46:02] | – Good to see you. – Shake hands with my son Jimmy. | -很高兴见到你 -和我儿子吉米握个手 |
[46:04] | – A pleasure. – Sir. | -很高兴见到你 -我也是 先生 |
[46:05] | Governor Edwards, sit down. | 爱德华兹州长 请坐 |
[46:07] | I took the liberty of ordering you a little appetizer. | 我冒昧为你点了开胃菜 |
[46:16] | Don’t look so uncomfortable, Ed. | 别这么不安 爱德 |
[46:18] | You’re not the biggest crook I’ve | 你不是我在公共场合见过的 |
[46:19] | been seen in public with, Louis. | 最大的坏蛋 路易 |
[46:20] | Wish I could say the same about you. | 真希望我也能附和你 |
[46:25] | Are we shocking your youthful sensibilities? | 我们吓到你了么 |
[46:27] | I’ve heard worse, sir. | 我经历过更糟的 先生 |
[46:29] | Jimmy went up against the Kaiser for two years. | 吉米和德国人打了两年仗 |
[46:31] | Oh, that’s a rough patch of road. | 那可是一段艰辛的经历 |
[46:34] | That was only war. This is Atlantic city. | 那只是战争 这里可是大西洋城 |
[46:38] | Well done, boy. Well done. | 说的好 孩子 说的好 |
[46:44] | Nucky. Good evening. | 努基 晚上好 |
[46:47] | It is. Four please. | 我很好 四位 |
[46:50] | I wasn’t expecting you. | 我没想到您会来 |
[46:56] | – I’m sorry. – It’s fine. | -抱歉 -没关系 |
[46:59] | Relax. | 放松 |
[47:00] | Let’s go to the Blenheim. | 我们去布伦海姆吧 |
[47:02] | We’re eating here. | 我们就在这吃 |
[47:26] | Ah, so you intend to follow in your papa’s footsteps? | 这么说你想追随你父亲的脚步了 |
[47:32] | I’d like to think I’m my own man. | 我想成为我自己 |
[47:35] | I wouldn’t have it any other way. | 没我你也成不了自己 |
[47:37] | But I am eager | 但是我希望 |
[47:38] | To learn everything I can. | 能尽量学习 |
[47:41] | Yeah? what have you learned so far? | 那你都学到什么了 |
[47:44] | Nothing’s free. | 天下没有免费的午餐 |
[47:49] | You know, I never thought Volstead was a good idea. | 我从来都不认为禁酒法案是个好主意 |
[47:52] | You will after you open that envelope. | 等你看完信封里的东西你就不这么觉得了 |
[47:54] | The partisan nonsense it caused. | 引起了政党纠纷 |
[47:57] | You and I will be a lot closer, Ed. | 你和我的关系会更加亲近 爱德 |
[48:00] | Republicans, Democrats– all fucking meaningless | 共和党 民主党 都是扯淡 |
[48:03] | As soon as Nucky Thompson is– | 只要努基·汤普森 |
[48:05] | – When he’s brought to justice. – Right. | -被绳之以法 -没错 |
[48:08] | We’ll have a gala fucking party. | 我们会办个庆功宴 |
[48:11] | I’ll be looking forward to it. | 我很期待 |
[48:20] | I’d be happy to eat elsewhere. | 不如我们去别的地方吃 |
[48:24] | Didn’t someone mention the Blenheim? | 不是有人说布伦海姆了么 |
[48:26] | Any questions about the menu? | 菜单有问题么 |
[48:31] | I think we’re all set. | 我们点好了 |
[48:33] | The lady will have the veal chop. | 女士点了小牛肉排 |
[48:35] | – I’ll have the rib-eye. – Very good, sir. | -我来里脊肉排 -好的 先生 |
[48:37] | – Mr. Thompson? – Lobster thermidor for the lady. | -汤普森先生 -给女士上热月龙虾 |
[48:40] | Center-cut pork chops for me. | 我要带骨猪排 |
[48:42] | I’m so sorry, sir, we’re just out of the lobster. | 抱歉先生 我们的龙虾卖完了 |
[48:45] | – No. – My apologies. not a minute ago. | -不是吧 -抱歉 刚刚卖完 |
[48:47] | – What would you recommend? – We have chicken cordon bleu | -你推荐什么 -蓝带酿鸡排 |
[48:51] | – Or a poached salmon. – The chicken then. | -或者水煮三文鱼 -那来鸡排吧 |
[49:03] | – Nuck. – You’ve had your last meal in this place. | -努基 -这是你在这的最后一顿饭 |
[49:07] | – Nucky. – Get your fucking hand off me. | -努基 -把你的手拿开 |
[49:12] | Governor, what brings you to our seaside resort? | 州长 什么风把你吹来了 |
[49:16] | You have my sympathy for your troubles, Nucky. | 很同情你的遭遇 努基 |
[49:18] | And you have my undying wish for a long political career. | “我祝福你拥有辉煌的政治生涯” |
[49:24] | You’re looking very respectable, James. | 你看上去挺像个人物 詹姆斯 |
[49:26] | Meet his eyes, boy. | 看着他 儿子 |
[49:32] | I’d say we’re both putting up a pretty good front. | 我得说我们开始干的很不错 |
[49:35] | What did he promise you? | 他许给你什么 |
[49:37] | More than you ever did. | 比你给的多 |
[49:38] | I keep my promises, James. | 我信守诺言 詹姆斯 |
[49:40] | and I’ll make you one now:I will ruin you. | 现在我就给你一个诺言 我要毁了你 |
[49:44] | All of you. | 你们三个 |
[49:46] | You act more like a fucking child. | 你现在就像个孩子 |
[49:48] | You’re the expert on children, aren’t you? | 你不是最喜欢少女么 |
[49:54] | He never even asked her name. | 他从来没问过她的名字 |
[49:56] | Just pointed to the one he wanted. | 只是指出一个他想要的 |
[49:58] | The rest was understood. | 其他的都了然了 |
[50:00] | Jimmy! hey hey hey! | 吉米 |
[50:02] | You’re stronger than that. Jimmy. | 你的意志没这么脆弱 吉米 |
[50:10] | Have a nice dinner, gentlemen. | 祝你们晚餐愉快 |
[50:15] | Jimmy. | 吉米 |
[50:20] | No no no, wait. scratch that. | 不不不 等等 写下来 |
[50:22] | Better yet, give me 10 rum, | 给我十箱朗姆 |
[50:25] | Then 20 each of the rye and whiskey. | 二十箱黑麦和威士忌 |
[50:27] | Hey, peddle your goods elsewhere. | 去别的地方卖 |
[50:32] | We’ll not be needing your services. | 我们不需要你的服务 |
[50:34] | – The fuck you talkin’ about? – We work for Nr. Thompson. | -你在说什么 -我们为汤普森先生工作 |
[50:37] | These are not Mr. Thompson’s men. | 这不是汤普森先生的人 |
[50:40] | You want this order or not? | 你还要不要 |
[50:42] | He does not. | 不要 |
[50:47] | Take you for a soldier, lad. | 你是士兵吧 |
[50:50] | I was. | 曾经是 |
[50:53] | And who is it you’re fighting for now? | 现在你为谁而战 |
[50:59] | Right. back on the truck now, like good lads. | 好的 装回车上吧 乖乖的 |
[51:03] | I don’t take orders from no fuckin’ Paddy. | 我不听死爱尔兰佬的命令 |
[51:05] | Of course you don’t. this is America. | 你当然不听 这里是美国 |
[51:17] | Why did you not shoot me? | 你怎么不开枪 |
[51:20] | I may yet. | 我可能会 |
[51:27] | I’ve got no quarrel with you, sir. | 我不想和你争吵 |
[51:30] | We’re just not buying any liquor. | 我们只是不买酒 |
[51:52] | *In the evening by the moonlight* | *月夜初上* |
[51:55] | *When the darkies’ work was over* | *黑幕降至* |
[51:59] | *We would gather round the fire* | *我们聚集在壁炉旁* |
[52:02] | *Till the hoecake it was done* | *等着玉米饼烤熟* |
[52:06] | *Then we all would eat our supper* | *共进晚餐* |
[52:10] | *After that we’d clear the dishes…* | *洗净餐盘* |
[52:13] | You’re home. | 你回家了 |
[52:19] | For a while now. | 呆一会就走 |
[52:24] | How was dinner with your father? | 和你父亲的晚餐怎么样 |
[52:30] | Which one? | 哪一个 |
[52:32] | *Silvery moon was shining clear and bright* | *银月皎洁* |
[52:40] | *How the old folks would enjoy it* | *老家伙们一定喜欢* |
[52:44] | *They would sit all night and listen* | *他们整夜静坐* |
[52:49] | *As we sang in the evening* | *聆听我们* |
[52:55] | *By the moonlight.* | *伴着月光吟唱* |
[53:12] | What was that for? | 这是干什么 |
[53:14] | I don’t ever want to see you sad again. | 我不想再看到你难过了 |
[53:19] | Katy, would you lay out a suit for the morning? | 凯蒂 你能把套间收拾好么 |
[53:22] | Yes, Mr. Thompson. | 遵命 汤普森先生 |
[53:24] | Charcoal pinstripe, please, | 明天穿木炭色条纹西装 |
[53:27] | Double-breasted. | 双排扣那件 |
[53:30] | Oh, and tell Teddy not to dig in the front lawn. | 告诉泰迪不要修前院的草坪 |
[53:40] | What happened at that dinner? | 晚餐发生了什么 |
[53:42] | He’s certainly in better spirits. | 他显然精神好多了 |
[53:44] | Good night, Katy. | 晚安 凯蒂 |
[53:49] | Peggy Rohan– | 佩吉·洛汗 |
[53:51] | That’s you, isn’t it? | 是你 是不是 |
[53:54] | I’ll never tell, don’t worry. | 我不会说出去的 别担心 |
[54:04] | That will be all, Katy. | 下去吧 凯蒂 |