时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:41] | It’s crazy. | 这太疯狂了 |
[01:42] | While it’s happening you don’t think you’ll ever forget it. | 事情发生的时候你觉得那么难忘 |
[01:47] | Then once it’s over, you can barely recall a thing. | 但一旦结束了 你却几乎什么都记不起来 |
[01:49] | But it’s them, right? | 但确实是他们 没错吧 |
[01:51] | You’re sure these are the guys who held you up? | 你确定他们就是抢你钱的人 |
[01:53] | – Absolutely. – These three definitely. | -没错 -就是他们三个 |
[01:56] | This is the little prick who spit in my face. | 这是那个吐我口水的小混蛋 |
[01:58] | The d’alessio brothers– a family of dagos out of philly. | 迪阿西莱奥兄弟 家住在费城城外的意大利人 |
[02:02] | Second-story men who graduated to stick ups. | 因为抢劫二进宫 刚放出来 |
[02:05] | They robbed Bookbinder’s in ’17, the restaurant. | 他们在一九一七年抢了布克宾德的餐馆 |
[02:08] | Killed two customers, shot a waiter in the face. | 杀害了两名顾客 爆了一个侍者的头 |
[02:11] | – Jesus christ. – Little bastard called me fat. | -天呐 -小畜生敢叫我胖子 |
[02:14] | They’re fucking killers, George. | 他们是杀人犯 乔治 |
[02:16] | Sounds to me like you got off easy. | 能活着就算你命大了 |
[02:18] | Why, sure. I was just… | 确实 我只是 |
[02:21] | I need to talk to my brother. | 我得和我弟弟谈谈 |
[02:24] | Feel better, eh? | 安心养病 |
[02:36] | These fucking guineas– they’re desperados, nuck. | 这些可恶的鬼佬 就是一群杀人不眨眼的暴徒 |
[02:40] | We gotta track ’em down and squash ’em | 我们得赶在他们制造更多命案之前 |
[02:42] | Before they spill more blood. | 找到他们 干掉他们 |
[02:45] | It’s not just blood I’m worried about; | 死几个人我不担心 |
[02:48] | It’s ink. You see the paper today? | 关键是舆论 你看今天的报纸了吗 |
[02:51] | June doesn’t like to upset me. | 琼不想让我心烦 |
[02:53] | Fletcher, this reformer running for mayor– | 弗莱彻 这个改革家在竞选市长 |
[02:56] | He gave an interview alleging corruption | 他接受采访披露了 |
[02:58] | In both the mayor’s and the sheriff’s office. | 现任市长和治安官的腐败情况 |
[03:01] | He mentioned me by name? | 他提到我的名字了 |
[03:02] | “Has mayor bacharach even questioned | “巴赫拉特市长是否曾经质询过 |
[03:04] | What sheriff Eli Thompson was doing | 治安官伊莱·汤普森凌晨三点时 |
[03:06] | At an illegal casino at 3:00 A.M.?” | 为什么出现在地下赌场” |
[03:08] | So I was there. So what? | 我就出现了 怎么着吧 |
[03:10] | How’s he know I wasn’t answering a call? | 他怎么知道我不是在打电话 |
[03:12] | Because he knows, Eli. Everybody does. | 他就是知道 伊莱 每个人都知道 |
[03:15] | It just never made the paper before. | 只不过从来都没人提出来过罢了 |
[03:16] | Fuck ’em. | 操他妈的 |
[03:17] | Let them write what they want. | 他们愿写什么就写什么吧 |
[03:22] | The election, Eli– | 选举 伊莱 |
[03:23] | We gotta keep the tide flowing in our direction. | 我们得保证选举不能失控 |
[03:25] | I’ll get out then, press the flesh, | 我会适当出面 做做姿态 |
[03:28] | Drum up some support. | 争取一些支持 |
[03:29] | What about your spleen? Dr. Surran says you should rest. | 你的脾脏怎么办 苏林医生说你需要休息 |
[03:33] | How do you rest your spleen? | 这玩意怎么休息 |
[03:36] | – Come on, Grant. – That water was cold. | -行了 格兰特 -那水是凉的 |
[03:39] | Let’s tell the ladies. Oh, that was amazing! | 我们去告诉那位女士 那太棒了 |
[03:41] | Way out there. | 从这出去 |
[03:59] | Do you believe in love at first sight, Mrs. Schroeder? | 施罗德太太 您相信一见钟情吗 |
[04:04] | It’s a rather romantic notion. | 很浪漫 |
[04:06] | It happened to me the day I saw Warren. | 我和沃伦就是这样 |
[04:10] | Senator Harding? | 哈丁参议员吗 |
[04:13] | I was 16, | 我当时十六岁 |
[04:16] | And he was the handsomest man | 他是我见过的最英俊的 |
[04:18] | I’d ever met. | 男人 |
[04:20] | Of course he wasn’t senator yet. | 当然那时候他还不是参议员 |
[04:23] | He ran the newspaper back in Marion. | 他在马里昂有家报社 |
[04:26] | Houdini’s brother– his name is Hardeen. | 霍迪尼的弟弟 叫哈登 |
[04:30] | And when I first heard Harding, | 当我第一次听到哈丁的名字 |
[04:32] | I thought it was him running for president. | 我还以为是哈登去竞选总统了 |
[04:37] | He loves me | 他很爱我 |
[04:39] | And he loves his baby daughter. | 也很爱我们的女儿 |
[04:42] | But America needs him | 但是国家需要他 |
[04:45] | And so I have to sacrifice. | 只能我做出牺牲 |
[05:05] | Marguerite. | 玛格丽特 |
[05:06] | – Good morning. – Madame jeunet. | -早上好 -茱内特太太 |
[05:09] | This is a friend of mine, miss Nan Britton. | 这是我的一位朋友 南·布里顿 |
[05:12] | She needs a few outfits for the season. | 她需要几件应时的服装 |
[05:14] | C’est gentil. We exist to oblige. | 好的 这是应该的 |
[05:18] | Maryska. | 玛丽斯卡 |
[05:21] | Maryska! | 玛丽斯卡 |
[05:26] | See the mademoiselle to the dressing room. | 带这位小姐去试衣间 |
[05:29] | This way. | 这边请 |
[05:34] | A cow waiting to be milked– | 吃不饱的懒货 |
[05:37] | The Polish girl. | 这个波兰姑娘 |
[05:39] | No grace, no charm. | 粗鲁 难看 |
[05:40] | Well, I imagine she’s still learning. | 这些东西还得慢慢学啊 |
[05:43] | A head like a cabbage. | 头像卷心菜一样 |
[05:45] | But she will work for pennies. | 但是她可以帮男人”服务”一下 |
[05:48] | You see what I am reduced to? | 你看到我的窘境了吧 |
[05:51] | Is business slow, ma’am? | 生意不好吗 |
[05:58] | My dear marguerite, | 我亲爱的玛格丽特 |
[06:01] | How you have blossomed. | 真是容光焕发了 |
[06:03] | Mr. Thompson is quite generous with his attentions. | 汤普森先生对他的女人一向很大方 |
[06:07] | He does treat me well. | 他确实待我不错 |
[06:09] | The finest things for the finest ladies, | 最好的服装配最美的女士 |
[06:13] | As it must be here. | 一定就是这件了 |
[06:15] | But the cost is very high, | 价钱太贵了 |
[06:18] | And then on top I must pay. | 自有人付钱 |
[06:20] | – Pay whom? – Mr. Thompson of course. | -谁 -当然是汤普森先生 |
[06:24] | Oh, you mean the city. | 你是说公款 |
[06:27] | I am told now I must pay double. | 我被告知现在要付双倍 |
[06:30] | Everyone must. | 每个人都是 |
[06:32] | I have saved nothing, marguerite. | 我什么都没存下 玛格丽特 |
[06:34] | All to run the shop. | 全靠商店支撑 |
[06:37] | I am a woman alone. | 我是个单身女人 |
[06:39] | You understand this. | 个中辛苦你了解的 |
[06:41] | Can you not speak with your alderman? | 你能不能不告诉辖区的市政官 |
[06:43] | You can speak for me– | 你可以替我向你 |
[06:47] | To the man who gives you his attention. | 的男人说说 |
[06:49] | I– I wouldn’t know what to say. | 我不知道怎么说才好 |
[06:52] | Say that he is handsome; how happy he makes you; | 说他很英俊 他多么让你满足 |
[06:57] | And how can you buy the things that make you pretty for him | 告诉他女为悦己者容 |
[07:00] | If there is no belle femme? | 但是如果没有了贝拉法蜜 |
[07:04] | Help me, marguerite. | 帮帮我 玛格丽特 |
[07:08] | You have power you do not suspect. | 你的能力远比你想象的大 |
[07:13] | Oh bonjour, madame. | 您好 女士 |
[07:15] | Leave no stone unturned. | 用尽千方百计 |
[07:18] | You and your men wire every department | 让你的人把从费城到匹斯堡的警局电话 |
[07:20] | From philly to pittsburgh. | 都打一遍 |
[07:22] | – You should also write to– – Nucky. | -还有写信给 -努基 |
[07:24] | Jesus. A little notice would’ve been nice. | 天呐 就不能事先通知我一声 |
[07:27] | – I sent a telegram. – We have received nothing. | -我给你发电报了 -我们没收到 |
[07:30] | I will call the Western Union to complain. | 我去打电话投诉西部联合电报公司 |
[07:34] | I’d offer you coffee, but it looks like | 本来想给你上杯咖啡 不过看来 |
[07:36] | You’ve already helped yourself. | 你也不是很客气 |
[07:39] | The train– the dining car was out of service. | 火车 餐车不营业 |
[07:42] | – You haven’t been home? – I thought I should see you first. | -你还没回家 -我觉得应该先来见你 |
[07:47] | – Have them send up a steak. – Ya. | -让他们送块牛排来 -是 |
[07:55] | So you’re here. | 你还是来了 |
[07:57] | – I assume you’ve accepted my offer? – With conditions. | -答应我的提议了 -有条件的 |
[08:03] | My friend Richard Harrow– you met him in Chicago. | 我的朋友理查德·哈罗 你在芝加哥见过的 |
[08:06] | – The man in the iron mask? – He’s a war hero. | -戴铁面具的那个 -他是战斗英雄 |
[08:08] | – I’d like him to join me. – What’s under there? | -我想让他和我一起来 -他的脸怎么了 |
[08:12] | He’s missing his cheekbone, his jaw. | 颧骨和下巴都没了 |
[08:15] | Basically the whole left side of his face is gone. | 基本上是左边那张脸都没了 |
[08:17] | And he’s still alive? | 那还能活着 |
[08:21] | Medicine, huh? | 真是医学奇迹啊 |
[08:24] | A lot of fellas still alive probably shouldn’t be. | 很多不应该活着的人还苟且偷生 |
[08:27] | Well, I know a few myself. | 我就认识几个 |
[08:31] | – The D’alessio brothers out of philly. – Another condition: | -迪阿莱西奥兄弟 费城人 -另一个条件 |
[08:34] | We keep what we discuss only between us. | 我们之间的事情不能让第三个人知道 |
[08:40] | Wait outside. | 出去等着 |
[08:55] | So these are the guys that robbed the casino? | 这些就是抢了你赌场的人 |
[08:58] | And O’neill as well. | 还有奥尼尔 |
[09:00] | Ignacious, Sixtus, Leo– | 伊戈内舍斯 西科斯图斯 里奥 |
[09:05] | – They’re all named after popes. – Write the Vatican, | -都是用教皇的名字命名的 -给梵蒂冈写信 |
[09:07] | See if they know where they are. | 看看他们知不知道他们的下落 |
[09:17] | When I find them… | 一旦我找到他们 |
[09:23] | What do you want me to do? | 你打算怎么做 |
[09:25] | You need me to spell it out? | 还需要我说吗 |
[09:27] | I’d like to hear you say it. | 我想听你说出来 |
[09:29] | Why? | 为什么 |
[09:34] | Politician to the last, huh? | 彻头彻尾的政客是吧 |
[09:38] | What, you don’t say it, you don’t have to deny it later? | 你不说出来 以后就不用出面否认 |
[09:41] | Or are you just trying to kid yourself? | 还是不想让自己承认现实 |
[09:45] | About what? | 什么现实 |
[09:46] | The fact that you’re a murderer, Nuck. | 你是个凶手的现实 |
[09:50] | That is what you want me to do, right? | 你是不是想让我这么干 |
[09:54] | Kill them? | 做掉他们 |
[09:58] | Yes. | 没错 |
[10:13] | Even the kid? | 孩子也是 |
[10:33] | I’m gonna go eat my steak. | 我要去吃牛排了 |
[11:06] | – Gentlemen. – A.R. | -先生们 -罗斯坦 |
[11:08] | These are the fellas I told you about. | 这就是我和你提起的朋友们 |
[11:09] | This is Leo D’alessio, | 这位是里奥·迪阿莱西奥 |
[11:12] | – His brother ignacious. – And Mickey Doyle. | -他的兄弟伊戈内舍斯 -还有米奇·多伊尔 |
[11:15] | An honor, Mr. Rothstein. | 很荣幸见到您 罗斯坦先生 |
[11:17] | So you’ve heard of me. | 看来你听说过我 |
[11:19] | – Naturally. Who ain’t, huh? – Yeah. | -当然 谁没听过您的大名 -没错 |
[11:24] | And what is it you’ve heard? | 你都听说过关于我的什么事 |
[11:25] | – Good stuff, you know. – That I’m honest? | -好事 -我很诚实 |
[11:29] | That you’ll always get a square deal? | 总是公平交易吗 |
[11:31] | Sure, that’s why we’re here. | 没错 这正是我们到此的原因 |
[11:34] | A reputation takes a lifetime to build | 人的声名需要一生传播 |
[11:37] | And only seconds to destroy. | 却能毁于一旦 |
[11:43] | – Wow. – Rack them, Charlie. | -好球 -查理 摆球 |
[11:51] | I understand you’re interested in the liquor business. | 我知道你们对烈酒生意很感兴趣 |
[11:54] | We’s interested in makin’ dough. | 赚钱的我们都感兴趣 |
[11:56] | Piles of it. | 各种各样的赚钱生意 |
[11:59] | Eight ball, $500. | 先进黑八算赢 五百美金一局 |
[12:02] | You break. | 你开球 |
[12:09] | There are two ways to make money | 想干烈酒生意 |
[12:11] | In the alcohol business. | 有两个办法赚钱 |
[12:13] | One is to take cheap rotgut whiskey, dilute it and sell it. | 第一种是弄到劣质威士忌 调配好然后卖 |
[12:16] | – I was doing good with that myself. – That’s the stupid way, | -这个我在行 -这是笨办法 |
[12:19] | In which I have no interest. | 我没兴趣 |
[12:26] | There’s a growing demand for good whiskey in the United States. | 全美市场对上等威士忌的需求越来越大 |
[12:29] | And I’m not talking about the swill | 我说的不是你那小酿酒作坊里 |
[12:31] | You stirred up in your chamberpot. | 做出来的垃圾东西 |
[12:35] | I’m talking about the best scotch from britain. | 我说的是从英国来的上等苏格兰威士忌 |
[12:38] | There’s a fortune to be made from importing it. | 能搞到这些酒就能赚到钱 |
[12:43] | It’ll be the chic thing to have good whiskey when you have guests | 当你宴请宾客的时候上等威士忌很长面子 |
[12:47] | And the rich will vie with one another to serve it. | 富人们就会竞相求购 |
[12:53] | I want to set up a business for importing scotch. | 我想建立一个进口苏格兰威士忌的买卖 |
[12:56] | We’ll have ships with crews we can trust | 需要可靠的船只和可靠的船员 |
[12:59] | Who’ll sail it from the distilleries in Europe | 从欧洲的酿酒厂启航 |
[13:01] | And unload it outside the three-mile limit. | 在三海里领海界限卸载 |
[13:03] | All we have to do is smuggle it ashore. | 我们要做的就是走私到岸边 |
[13:05] | That’s where you mugs come in. | 你的马仔们负责这个环节 |
[13:07] | The ports of Atlantic city are ideal for distribution | 大西洋城的港口是最佳地点 |
[13:09] | To the entire Eastern seaboard. | 可以直接将货散步到整个东海岸 |
[13:11] | The only problem is the man who runs that city. | 问题是大西洋城管事的那个人 |
[13:14] | Normally I’d make a deal with such a man, | 一般情况下我会选择和他合作 |
[13:19] | Cut him in as a partner, but I find Nucky Thompson | 拉他入伙 互惠互利 但是我发现努基·汤普森 |
[13:23] | To be greedy and unreasonable. | 这个人太过贪婪 |
[13:28] | Nothing a bullet in the eye won’t fix. | 干脆做掉他一劳永逸 |
[13:34] | If you’ll each sign those forms, | 只要你们填了这些表 |
[13:36] | I’ll take it as your acquiescence to our new arrangement. | 我就默认你们同意我们的新协议 |
[13:41] | – What are they? – Life insurance policies. | -那是什么 -人寿保险单 |
[13:44] | There’s a half a million on each of you. | 每人五十万美元 |
[13:46] | You’ll be handling large amounts of my money, gentlemen. | 你们会经手大笔属于我的钱 |
[13:50] | It’s my assurance you won’t chisel me. | 我需要一个保证 |
[13:54] | Think of it as an incentive | 把这个想象成促使你们 |
[13:56] | Not to screw things up. | 马到成功的动力 |
[14:14] | I’ll show you out. | 我送你们出去 |
[14:25] | Do you know what the nice thing is | 你知道布朗斯动物园好玩 |
[14:27] | About the bronx zoo, charlie? | 在哪吗 查尔斯 |
[14:30] | There’s bars between you and the monkeys. | 猴子都是关在笼子里的 |
[14:42] | Finally asleep. | 终于睡了 |
[14:44] | I could’ve read them some more of this. | 我应该给他们读点这个 |
[14:46] | You seem to be enjoying it yourself. | 你看起来很开心啊 |
[14:49] | “The wonderful love magnet– | “万能的爱情磁石 |
[14:50] | As long as I carry it, | 只要我带着它 |
[14:52] | Every living thing I meet will love me dearly.” | 所以的愿望都会实现” |
[14:54] | That would make your election easier, wouldn’t it? | 那应该会让你的竞选更容易吧 |
[14:57] | – Certainly cheaper. – Is winning expensive? | -经费自然会少些 -是不是获胜就意味着多花钱 |
[15:01] | Not as expensive as losing. | 没有输掉的那个花钱多 |
[15:03] | And will Mr. Harding be president? | 哈丁先生会成为总统吗 |
[15:05] | That depends. | 要看情况 |
[15:07] | Are you planning to vote for him? | 你要给他投票吗 |
[15:10] | I’ve perhaps seen him in not the most flattering light. | 也许我看到了他最不想被人知道的秘密 |
[15:13] | – You mean the girl. – Her name is Nan. | -你是说那个姑娘 -她叫南 |
[15:17] | If we only elected good men, we’d never have leaders. | 如果我们只能选好人 那就没有领袖一说了 |
[15:23] | If not good, then what should they be? | 既然不是好人 又怎么能当领袖 |
[15:25] | Useful… to those who support them. | 有价值 对那些支持他的人 |
[15:31] | I was speaking with madame Jeunet today. | 我今天和茱内特太太聊了几句 |
[15:34] | – Oh? – She says she’s going to lose the shop. | -是吗 -她说她的店要关门了 |
[15:39] | It’s a pricey location. | 那地方房租很贵 |
[15:41] | Apparently she’s having trouble with the city. | 很显然她缴不起那么重的税 |
[15:46] | Then she should talk to her alderman. | 那她应该和市政管说 |
[15:48] | She did. It didn’t help. | 她说了 不管用 |
[15:55] | Maybe there’s something the county treasurer could do. | 也许县司库先生能帮帮忙 |
[16:00] | – Did she ask you to bring this up? – No. | -是不是她让我和你说的 -不是 |
[16:03] | Then why are we discussing it? | 那你怎么会说起这件事 |
[16:06] | She showed me a kindness and I thought to return it. | 她对我不错 我觉得应该回报她一下 |
[16:09] | I made her hire you, Margaret. Kindness didn’t come into it. | 是我让她雇你的 玛格丽特 没什么善良不善良 |
[16:13] | Then you should recompense her | 那你应该为当时你让她 |
[16:15] | For the burden you made her carry. | 承担的事情做出赔偿 |
[16:19] | What did she tell you exactly? | 她到底和你说了什么 |
[16:21] | Only that the money she pays has increased | 只说税钱又涨了 |
[16:24] | And it’s more than she can afford. | 她负担不起 |
[16:26] | Then she shouldn’t be doing business in Atlantic city, | 那她就别在大西洋城做生意了 |
[16:28] | because that’s what it costs. | 在大西洋城做生意 就是这么贵 |
[16:30] | but if you set the price– | 但是如果你把标准定的 |
[16:31] | Margaret, this is not a suitable topic. | 玛格丽特 我不想谈这个 |
[16:34] | I wasn’t aware of that. | 我不觉得 |
[16:40] | You’re aware now. | 那你现在应该觉得了 |
[16:51] | Will you not be staying? | 你不留下吗 |
[16:56] | I have an early meeting. | 我还有个早会 |
[17:07] | I painted this last october. | 这是我去年十月画的 |
[17:09] | She was an actress in the vaudeville. | 她是舞剧团的女演员 |
[17:12] | It’s pretty. | 很美 |
[17:16] | This– | 这里 |
[17:18] | There’s a lyrical quality. | 画面感情丰富 |
[17:20] | It’s reminiscent of Mary Cassatt. | 不禁让人想起玛丽·卡萨特 |
[17:24] | Do you think your friend is visiting soon? | 你朋友是不是快来了 |
[17:27] | The art dealer? | 那个艺术品经纪人 |
[17:29] | Oh, he’s abroad at the moment– Paris. | 他现在在巴黎 |
[17:32] | The city of light. | 灯光之城 |
[17:37] | Oh, god damn it. | 见鬼 |
[17:38] | – I broke the cork. – Here. | -见鬼 -软木塞被我弄坏了 |
[17:47] | There. | 给我 |
[17:49] | Oh my, you uncivilized artists. | 天呐 你这个野蛮的艺术家 |
[17:55] | 1918– | 一九一八年的 |
[17:56] | That’s the year we met you. | 正好是你我相遇的那年 |
[18:05] | All right, save some for your jealous husband. | 好了 给你嫉妒的丈夫留点 |
[18:24] | Come. | 来啊 |
[18:39] | It’s okay, darling. | 没事 亲爱的 |
[18:41] | I don’t bite. | 我不咬人 |
[18:45] | – I, uh– – Everyone in Paris is doing it. | -我 -巴黎的人都这么干 |
[18:55] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[18:57] | Ange? | 安吉 |
[19:01] | Angela, it’s me. | 安吉拉 是我 |
[19:03] | Hello? | 哪位 |
[19:05] | It’s Jimmy. | 吉米 |
[19:07] | It’s me. | 是我 |
[19:15] | Why is the door locked? | 门怎么关了 |
[19:17] | We’ve had intruders in the neighborhood. | 邻居发生偷盗案了 |
[19:19] | – Where’s the baby? – He’s sleeping. | -孩子呢 -睡着了 |
[19:30] | Jimmy, my god. | 吉米 我的天呐 |
[19:31] | You’re having a party? | 你在聚会 |
[19:34] | We’re just visiting. | 他们只是顺路拜访 |
[19:39] | May I pour you some wine? | 帮你倒点酒吧 |
[19:42] | I heard that’s against the law now. | 现在喝酒是不是违法了 |
[19:50] | Well, it is getting late and, uh, you have | 都这么晚了 |
[19:52] | That sitting in the morning. | 你明早还要工作 |
[19:54] | Oh yes. | 没错 |
[19:57] | A wedding portrait. | 婚礼肖像 |
[19:59] | Lithuanian couple. | 一对立陶宛夫妇 |
[20:08] | Well, it was nice to see you, old boy. | 很高兴见到你 老朋友 |
[20:11] | Welcome home again. | 欢迎回家 |
[20:33] | – You should have told me you were coming. – I did. | -你应该先通知我一声的 -我通知了 |
[20:38] | Goddamn Western Union! | 天杀的西联电报 |
[20:46] | – What– what are you doing? – I’m kissing you. | -你干什么 -亲你啊 |
[20:51] | Wait– you show up out of nowhere, | 等下 你就这么莫名其妙的出现了 |
[20:52] | Not a phone call for months– | 几个月都不打一个电话 |
[20:54] | Ange, look, I’m home okay? For good. | 安吉 听着 我回家了 不走了 |
[20:57] | – You’re hurting me! – I missed you. | -你弄疼我了 -我想你 |
[21:40] | Yes, I will. | 好的 我会的 |
[21:42] | Thank you for bringing this to my attention. | 谢谢您提供的信息 |
[21:50] | They only had the plain ones– | 他们只有长的了 |
[21:53] | That was Western Union. | 刚刚是西联电报打来的 |
[21:54] | They just got a call from Nucky Thompson’s butler | 他们刚刚接到努基·汤普森的男管家 |
[21:57] | Inquiring about a wire from James Darmody. | 转线给詹姆斯·达莫迪的请求 |
[22:01] | They said it was passed on to you. | 他们说他们告诉你了 |
[22:05] | – Oh my god. – What is the meaning of this? | -天呐 -这是什么意思 |
[22:09] | I have it here. | 我放到这了 |
[22:15] | – I was going to give it to you. – Then why didn’t you? | -我正打算给你呢 -为什么没给 |
[22:23] | “Arriving thursday, 11:00 A.M. Train.” | “周四上午11点乘火车到达 |
[22:29] | – That was yesterday. – I’m sorry, it slped my mind. | -是昨天 -抱歉 我给忘了 |
[22:32] | You’re either incompetent or a liar. | 你要么是个白痴 要么就是骗子 |
[22:35] | I won’t stand for it either way, agent Sebso. | 我觉得你非二者之一 赛布索探员 |
[22:37] | – We’ve been so– – I will not stand for it either way! | -咱们在一起 -这样的事情我决不能忍受 |
[22:42] | Why was this hidden? | 为什么藏起来 |
[22:46] | Because I’d like to keep my job. | 因为我想保住我的饭碗 |
[22:49] | Supervisor Elliot– | 埃利奥特检查员 |
[22:51] | He thinks we’re being obsessive about the Hans Schroeder case, | 他认为我们对汉斯·施罗德的案子 |
[22:54] | About Nucky Thompson. | 和努基·汤普森太过注意了 |
[22:57] | We have a witness | 我们的证人 |
[22:59] | that can place Darmody at the scene of the murders. | 可以指认达莫迪就是凶手 |
[23:03] | I wasn’t thinking. | 我没细想 |
[23:12] | You kill a snake by cutting off the head, agent Sebso. | 打蛇打七寸 赛布索探员 |
[23:17] | The supervisor? | 对检查员 |
[23:19] | Nucky Thompson! | 对努基·汤普森 |
[23:21] | Darmody gives him up, this entire city, | 只要达莫迪指证他 整个城市 |
[23:23] | This sodom, will be cleansed all at once. | 这片罪恶之地 就会被一次性净化 |
[23:28] | There’s coal in the ground, | 地下有煤 |
[23:30] | Lumber in the forests, cattle in the fields. | 林中有木 草上有牛 |
[23:34] | What sound does the cow make? | 牛怎么叫 |
[23:36] | – moo! – that’s right. | -哞 -没错 |
[23:38] | You ride that train, you look out the window, | 你坐上那列火车 望着窗外 |
[23:40] | You don’t see anything but opportunity from coast to coast. | 看到的无线绵长的海岸线带来的机会 |
[23:43] | And now he’s returned to this one. | 又开始了 |
[23:45] | I’m home, Ange, where I belong. | 我回来了 安吉 心之所属 |
[23:50] | When you feel like showing up. | 你想回就回 当旅馆啊 |
[23:52] | I had business out west. | 我在西边有生意 |
[23:56] | I told you, but that’s– that’s all taken care of. | 我告诉你了 但是现在都搞定了 |
[23:58] | So now what? | 那现在呢 |
[24:00] | Now our prospects are looking up. | 现在是前景一片光明 |
[24:03] | – Nucky made me an offer. – Assistant clerk? | -努基给了我一份工作 -小文员吗 |
[24:06] | Let’s just say that we’re out of this dump in no time flat. | 这么说吧 过不了多久咱们就能搬出这个破公寓 |
[24:09] | Marven gardens, those beach houses on ventnor– | 马文花园 文诺特的海景别墅 |
[24:13] | How does that sound? | 怎么样 |
[24:20] | Hello? | 你好 |
[24:24] | Okay okay. | 好的 好的 |
[24:26] | Sweetie, come here. | 宝贝 过来 |
[24:27] | Yeah, just keep him there. | 先盯住他 |
[24:30] | Bye. | 再见 |
[24:32] | – Mush! – no, no Mush today. | -玉米糊 -今天没有玉米糊 |
[24:35] | Eggs. | 今天是鸡蛋 |
[24:37] | – Who was that? – It was my mother. | -刚才是谁 -我妈 |
[24:40] | I got to go see her. Come on, champ. | 我得去见她 来 小子 |
[25:06] | What are you doing? | 你干什么 |
[25:07] | I’m making more coffee. | 煮点咖啡 |
[25:31] | Let’s have another baby. | 咱们再要个孩子吧 |
[25:35] | What do you say? You want a little brother, champ? | 你说呢 小子 想要弟弟吗 |
[25:38] | – Yeah! – Yeah? | -想要 -真的吗 |
[25:42] | Then it’s settled. | 那就这么定了 |
[25:50] | Your stomach is growling. | 你的肚子在叫呢 |
[25:52] | Are you hungry? | 饿了 |
[25:54] | I wouldn’t mind eating you for lunch. | 我活吃了你当午餐 |
[25:59] | Maybe for dessert. | 还是甜点吧 |
[26:16] | Got any coffee left? | 还有咖啡吗 |
[26:19] | I can manage that. | 有的 |
[26:59] | – Oh! Fuck! – I wasn’t sure if you took cream. | -我操 -不知道你带没带奶油 |
[27:03] | It’s not there, dear. | 没在那 亲爱的 |
[27:05] | – You fucking twat. – Hey! | -你个臭婊子 -嘿 |
[27:07] | That’s my mother you’re talking to. | 你怎么和我妈说话呢 |
[27:09] | My apologies. | 抱歉 |
[27:16] | So you’re Luciano. | 你就是卢西亚诺 |
[27:18] | My mother told me a lot about you. | 我妈和我说了不少你的事 |
[27:20] | We’re very close, Charles. | 我们关系很好 查尔斯 |
[27:22] | Plus we have a mutual friend | 何况我们在芝加哥还有 |
[27:24] | In Chicago. | 一位老朋友 |
[27:25] | Al Capone says hello. | 阿尔·卡波尼向你问好 |
[27:28] | That’s a lot of baloney. Capone’s no pal of mine. | 胡扯 卡波尼不是我的朋友 |
[27:31] | You’re right. Actually he didn’t say hello. | 你说的没错 其实他没向你问好 |
[27:32] | He said I should blow your fucking brains out. | 他说我应该一枪把你脑浆子崩出来 |
[27:35] | I’d consider it a great favor if you didn’t. | 你要不这么干我肯定记得你的好 |
[27:37] | Get dressed. We’re gonna take a ride. | 穿上衣服 我带你去兜兜风 |
[27:40] | – To where? – Someplace they won’t find you. | -去哪 -一个他们找不到你的地方 |
[27:54] | Come on, move it. | 快点 |
[28:00] | It don’t gotta be like this, you know? | 事情没必要发展成这样 |
[28:03] | Tell Nucky I’ll talk to A.R., | 告诉努基我会和罗斯坦说 |
[28:05] | Call off the D’alessios. | 把迪阿莱西奥兄弟踢出去 |
[28:07] | – What? – We’ll cut him in. | -什么 -拉努基入伙 |
[28:09] | There’s plenty to go around for every– | 货足够分配给每一个 |
[28:11] | Drop the gun! | 放下枪 |
[28:13] | Now. | 现在 |
[28:24] | James Darmody, you’re under arrest. | 詹姆斯·达莫迪 你被捕了 |
[28:29] | What are you smiling at? | 你笑什么 |
[28:32] | You fellas. | 你的同伴 |
[28:34] | – Youse are a sight for sore eyes. – Hands on the wall. | -你们是我的救星 -把手放墙上 |
[28:37] | Fuck. | 操 |
[28:41] | Mid-july and they’re all over the place already. | 七月中的时候他们都已经涌进来了 |
[28:44] | How am I supposed to compete with this guy? | 我该怎么和他们竞争 |
[28:46] | That’s the spirit, Mr. Mayor. | 要的就是这种精神 市长先生 |
[28:48] | I want these placards taken down. | 我要这些布告都消失 |
[28:50] | Any shop that posts one gets a $25 fine. | 任何招贴的商店一律处以二十五美元罚款 |
[28:53] | – Can we do that? – We can do whatever we want. | -能这么样 -在这里 我们想怎么样就怎么样 |
[28:56] | – When’s Eli coming back? – Stitches opened up. | -伊莱什么时候能回来 -伤口开裂了 |
[28:59] | Doc Surran said this’ll probably set him back another month. | 苏林医生说得再送他回医院住一个月 |
[29:02] | It gets better and better, doesn’t it? | 情况是越来越好了 不是吗 |
[29:03] | He’s left a big void, I’ll tell you that. | 他的职位空着呢 |
[29:05] | He’s not dead, Halloran. | 他又没死 哈罗兰 |
[29:07] | I know, but the men, the other deputies, | 我知道 但是手下这些人 还有副治安官们 |
[29:10] | They’re gonna need some guidance– | 他们需要引导 |
[29:12] | Schedules, assignments, that kind of thing. | 计划 任务 一大堆的事 |
[29:14] | Can’t Eli handle that? | 伊莱看不过来吗 |
[29:16] | Not in the state he’s in. | 现在这个状况下还是不行 |
[29:18] | What are you trying to say? | 你想说什么 |
[29:20] | That I think I should be in charge. | 我觉得我应该扛起这幅担子 |
[29:24] | – Oh, you do? – I’ve got the most experience | -是吗 -我经验丰富 |
[29:27] | And the other fellas look up to me. | 那些家伙们也听我的话 |
[29:29] | Fine, you’re acting sheriff. | 行 你代行治安官的职务 |
[29:31] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[29:33] | – Should I reconsider? – No no. | -要不我再考虑一下 -不用了 不用了 |
[29:35] | No. | 不用了 |
[29:38] | Thanks, Nucky. | 多谢你 努基 |
[29:40] | I know we’ve had our differences, | 我知道咱们之间存在不同的观点 |
[29:41] | But I want you to know that I’m here for you, | 但我希望你知道 我会全心全意为你服务 |
[29:44] | Now and in november. | 从现在到十一月 |
[29:47] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[29:49] | Have you thought about the future? | 你没想过未来会发生些什么吗 |
[29:52] | It certainly sounds like you have. | 看来你都想好了 |
[29:54] | In regards to Eli, I mean. | 看看伊莱 |
[29:57] | The election’s right around the corner and he’s hurt, weak, | 选举马上进行 他又受伤了 还很虚弱 |
[30:00] | The reformers are alleging corruption. | 改革者在呼吁惩治腐败 |
[30:03] | I mean you’ve seen the articles yourself, right? | 那篇文章你也看过了 |
[30:07] | All I’m saying is that I’m at your service | 我想说的是 我愿听从您的驱使 |
[30:10] | Should you need. | 那才是需要的 |
[30:14] | – I was at the picture show. – Which one? | -我当时在看电影 -哪一部 |
[30:17] | – “Wagon tracks.” – what was the plot? | -“咬边” -什么情节 |
[30:20] | Are you sure you want me to ruin the ending? | 你确定要让我告诉你结局吗 |
[30:23] | We can do this all day, Mr. Darmody. | 我有的是时间陪你玩 达莫迪先生 |
[30:24] | It feels like we already have been. | 我们已经在玩了 |
[30:28] | You’re proposing | 你是说 |
[30:30] | That on the night of January 17, 1920, | 在一九二零年一月十七号 |
[30:34] | You were in a moving picture show | 晚上七点到晚上十一点半 |
[30:36] | 7:00 P.M. Until 11:30 P.M.? | 一直在看电影是吗 |
[30:38] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[30:42] | The running time of the film is only 78 minutes. | 电影全长才七十八分钟 |
[30:45] | I fell asleep. | 我睡着了 |
[31:02] | You have a child out of wedlock. | 你有个私生子 |
[31:05] | Is his mother not fit to marry? | 是不是她母亲对婚姻不满 |
[31:08] | That’s none of your business. | 和你无关 |
[31:10] | What’s the name of the William S. Hart character in the movie? | 威廉姆·S·哈特在电影里的角色叫什么 |
[31:13] | – Buckskin? Buck-something. – You’re not sure? | -巴克金 巴克什么东西的 -你不确定吗 |
[31:16] | We’re engaged. We’re going to be married. | 我们订婚了 我们马上就要结婚 |
[31:18] | Your aim at making her a respectable woman. | 你要将她变成你忠贞的妻子 |
[31:24] | How do you know Hans Schroeder? | 你对汉斯·施罗德了解多少 |
[31:26] | I ain’t know Hans Schroeder. | 不认识 |
[31:28] | – Mrs. Schroeder? Margaret? – I don’t know these people. | -施罗德太太呢 玛格丽特 -也不认识 |
[31:31] | Lucy Danziger, she’s a dancer at ziegfeld follies. | 露西·丹齐格 齐格非歌舞剧团的舞蹈演员 |
[31:34] | – You know her? – It’s Nucky’s girlfriend. | -你认识她 -她是努基的女朋友 |
[31:36] | Then what is the relationship | 那汤普森先生和施罗德太太之间 |
[31:37] | Between Mr. Thompson and Mrs. Schroeder? | 又是什么关系呢 |
[31:43] | You want to know who Nucky Thompson is fucking, | 你想知道努基·汤普森睡的哪个妞 |
[31:46] | Why don’t you ask him? | 干嘛不直接去问他 |
[31:57] | This shipment of alcohol | 这船汤普森先生 |
[31:59] | that Mr. Thompson sold To Arnold Rothstein, | 卖给阿诺德·罗斯坦的酒 |
[32:02] | The shipment that was being transported | 那些在一月十七号 |
[32:04] | The night of January 17th… | 在运输途中的酒 |
[32:06] | – “Wagon tracks.” – How do you know Al? | -“咬边” -你怎么认识的阿尔 |
[32:09] | – I don’t know any Al. – From Chicago? | -我不认识什么阿尔 -芝加哥那边的 |
[32:11] | You’ve got it all mixed up, officer. | 你都弄混了 警官 |
[32:19] | Did Mr. Thompson have Hans Schroeder murdered | 是不是汤普森先生爱上施罗德的妻子 |
[32:22] | Because he’s in love with Schroeder’s wife? | 从而将施罗德谋杀 |
[32:30] | The men in the woods– how many did you kill? | 林中的那些人 你们杀了几个 |
[32:35] | I went to the movies. I fell asleep. | 我去看电影 然后睡着了 |
[32:37] | I got up. I walked home. I went to bed. | 然后睡醒了 然后回家 然后继续睡 |
[32:39] | You wanna charge me, charge me. | 你想起诉我 起诉我好了 |
[32:42] | I’ve got nothing else to say. | 我没什么可说的了 |
[32:44] | I thought you might find some satisfaction | 将来 看着自己的儿子长大成人 |
[32:47] | In living long enough to see your son grow into a man. | 你一定会很满足吧 |
[32:50] | – You don’t got anything on me. – Don’t I? | -你从我这什么也得不到 -真的吗 |
[33:09] | Billy? | 比利 |
[33:10] | – Jimmy? – Jesus christ. | -吉米 -天呐 |
[33:12] | They were gonna send me up the river, Jimmy. | 他们会送我进监狱 吉米 |
[33:14] | – What did you say to them, Billy? – Fucking rahway. | -你跟他们说什么了 比利 -罗威 |
[33:17] | – What’d you tell them? – Jimmy! | -你跟他们说什么了 -吉米 |
[33:18] | – Billy, what’d you say to– – Jimmy! | -比利 你跟他们说 -吉米 |
[33:20] | Fuck! | 操 |
[33:24] | The old days, it was different. | 过去的日子 和现在大不相同 |
[33:26] | You could count on people to vote the party line. | 你可以指望民众为政党路线投票 |
[33:29] | Now these democrats come along, | 现在这些民主人出现了 |
[33:31] | Make big promises. | 跨下海口 |
[33:33] | And you’re concerned. | 引起你们的关注 |
[33:35] | Enough not to take anything for granted. | 那些承诺还不都是空头支票 |
[33:38] | I wish there was a way I could help. | 真希望我能帮忙 |
[33:42] | There is. | 你能 |
[33:44] | You can help us get the women’s vote. | 你能帮我们争取妇女的选票 |
[33:48] | Shouldn’t you wait until the amendment actually passes? | 不应该等到修正案正式通过吗 |
[33:52] | I’m an eternal optimist. | 我是永远的乐观主义者 |
[33:57] | Speak to your friends, | 和你的朋友们说说 |
[33:58] | The temperance league, other women’s organizations. | 戒酒同盟 其他的妇女组织 |
[34:01] | I’m not much of an orator. | 我不善言辞 |
[34:04] | I’ve seen you speak. | 我见过你的言谈举止 |
[34:06] | You comport yourself very well. | 很得体 |
[34:08] | When was that? | 什么时候 |
[34:10] | At my birthday with senator Edge. | 我的生日宴会 你和艾治参议员 |
[34:13] | Oh, that was merely banter. | 那都是开玩笑的话 |
[34:15] | He’s a United States senator and you wiped the floor with him. | 他可是美国参议院议员 你还能和他谈笑风生 |
[34:24] | Seriously, would you be willing to speak on behalf of the party? | 说真的 你愿意代表共和党演讲吗 |
[34:31] | – I suppose so, but… – But what? | -我觉得可以 但是 -但是什么 |
[34:38] | Do you not wish me to dress well? | 你不想我穿的光鲜点吗 |
[34:40] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[34:43] | Do you not wish me to look attractive? | 你不想我看上去迷人点吗 |
[34:45] | Of course I do. | 我当然想 |
[34:47] | I mean you are, whatever you’re wearing. | 你本来就很迷人 不管穿什么衣服 |
[34:52] | – Nucky, you have a call. – all right. | -努基 你的电话 -来了 |
[34:57] | Madame Jeunet knows what suits me. | 茱内特夫人知道什么衣服适合我 |
[35:00] | She knows how to make me look pretty. | 她知道怎么让我光彩照人 |
[35:03] | She’s the only one I trust. | 她是我唯一信任的人 |
[35:07] | That’s why you want her to stay in business? | 就因为这你才希望她能保住服装店 |
[35:11] | Why didn’t you just say that in the first place? | 为什么不早说 |
[35:14] | I didn’t want you to know how selfish I was. | 我不想让你知道我这么自私 |
[35:19] | I never hold that against anyone. | 我不觉得自私是缺点 |
[35:28] | Hello? | 你好 |
[35:30] | Today? | 今天 |
[35:39] | – Thank you. – 10 minutes. | -谢谢 -十分钟 |
[35:51] | Did you talk to Angela? | 你和安吉拉谈了吗 |
[35:53] | She’s aware of the situation. | 她意识到现在的形式了 |
[35:55] | D’alessios– they’re being backed by Rothstein and Luciano. | 迪阿莱西奥兄弟 罗斯坦和卢西亚诺在背后支持他们 |
[35:59] | From the horse’s mouth. | 消息可靠 |
[36:01] | Luciano spilled it to me before I was arrested. | 在我被捕前卢西亚诺亲口说的 |
[36:07] | Can you bail me out? | 能保我出去吗 |
[36:09] | Five counts of murder– there is no bail. | 五条人名 保不了 |
[36:11] | – Would you get me a lawyer at least? – For what? | -至少得帮我找个律师吧 -干什么 |
[36:13] | You know, to talk to, plan a strategy. | 辩论啊 制定策略啊 |
[36:17] | It’s a waste of money. | 纯属浪费钱 |
[36:20] | Then, uh… | 那就 |
[36:25] | Call my dad. | 给我爸打电话 |
[36:27] | Can’t he help? | 他不能帮忙吗 |
[36:28] | Your dad? Are you that nervous? | 你爸 你这么紧张吗 |
[36:34] | This kid, Billy Winslow– | 那个孩子 比利·温斯洛 |
[36:36] | He’s gonna testify, Nuck. | 他会出庭作证 努克 |
[36:37] | – So I’ve heard. – So I’m staying here? | -我听说了 -那我就在这呆着 |
[36:40] | Is that what you’re saying? | 这是你的承诺吗 |
[36:42] | You said you were going to take care of this. | 你说这些你会处理 |
[36:43] | I am. All I’m saying is the legal system’s | 我在处理 我只是说现在的司法系统 |
[36:46] | Not your ticket to freedom. | 帮不了你 |
[36:51] | Uh, yes, I’m still on the line, operator. | 是的 我还在 接线员 |
[36:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:56] | Sir. | 长官 |
[36:58] | Nelson, I was in a command meeting. What’s the hubbub? | 尼尔森 我在指挥会议 什么要紧事 |
[37:01] | We’ve arrested James Darmody, sir. | 我们逮捕了詹姆斯·达莫迪 长官 |
[37:03] | What? When? | 什么 什么时候 |
[37:05] | Last night. He returned from Chicago. | 昨晚 他从芝加哥回来了 |
[37:07] | – Did he talk? – No, but he’s aware we have his accomplice. | -他交代了吗 -没有 但是他知道我们手里有他的同犯了 |
[37:11] | – Either way, the road leads to Thompson. – Wonderful, Nelson. | -不管怎么样 幕后的黑手是汤普森 -干的好 尼尔森 |
[37:14] | Terrific. It’s a real shot in the arm for the bureau. | 很好 这对局里的工作真是一大鼓励 |
[37:17] | Thank you for your confidence, sir. | 多谢您的夸奖 长官 |
[37:19] | Keep up the good work. | 继续努力 |
[37:27] | – What did he say? – He was pleased– very much so. | -他说什么了 -非常开心 |
[37:31] | Congratulations, sir. | 祝贺您 长官 |
[37:34] | I didn’t do it alone. | 这不是我一个人的功劳 |
[37:40] | I’m sorry about the telegram. | 电报的事 很抱歉 |
[37:42] | That was very foolish of me. | 是我太傻了 |
[37:44] | It was, but people make mistakes. | 确实 但是人总会犯错误 |
[37:51] | A man needs to have the courage of his convictions. | 勇敢的男人勇于承认自己的错误 |
[37:58] | I knew we’d get Darmody eventually. | 我就知道我们早晚能抓到达莫迪 |
[38:01] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[38:11] | This witness, Billy Winslow– | 这个目击证人 比利·温斯洛 |
[38:13] | You think it’s safe to keep him here? | 把他关在这里安全吗 |
[38:17] | What’d you have in mind? | 你的意思呢 |
[38:19] | Move him north pending trial? | 转移到北部待审室 |
[38:22] | Federal jail in Manhattan maybe? | 曼哈顿的联邦监狱 |
[38:27] | Keep him out of Thompson’s reach. | 不给汤普森机会 |
[38:39] | Jesus christ, will you see a doctor already? | 天呐 你看医生了吗 |
[38:43] | Stubborn as a mule. | 倔的和头驴一样 |
[38:45] | Shut up and get him a drink. | 闭嘴 给他拿杯酒来 |
[38:47] | I’m fine, thank you. | 不用 谢谢 |
[38:52] | You look like shit. | 你看起来糟透了 |
[38:53] | Well, your time comes, | 大限将至 |
[38:56] | You just have to accept your situation. | 只能坦然接受 |
[38:59] | Are we talking about you or me? | 说的是你还是我 |
[39:01] | This Fletcher and these fucking democrats. | 这个弗莱彻和那些王八蛋民主党人们 |
[39:04] | And your sheriff is out of commission now too? | 你的治安官暂时不能履职了 |
[39:09] | It’s not so easy, is it? | 不是那么容易是吧 |
[39:11] | Nice that you can still find joy. | 真高兴你还笑的出来 |
[39:13] | Five years in jail– can you blame me? | 五年监禁 你能怪我吗 |
[39:16] | One of us had to go. You knew that. | 我们之中必须有个人要去 你明白 |
[39:18] | – I had no choice. – neither did I. | -我没有选择 -我也是 |
[39:21] | Which is why we made a deal, | 所以我们定下这个协议 |
[39:22] | So let’s put it to bed where it belongs. | 还是不拐弯抹角了 |
[39:27] | We’re in trouble. | 我们遇到麻烦了 |
[39:29] | Mayor Bacharach– he’s weak and losing ground. | 巴哈拉赫市长 他处境不妙而且立场动摇了 |
[39:35] | Even the fucking dog is sick. | 连他妈的狗都病了 |
[39:43] | Well, what do you have on Fletcher? | 我们手里有弗莱彻的什么把柄吗 |
[39:46] | Nothing. He’s clean. | 没有 清官一个 |
[39:48] | What does he want? | 他想怎么样 |
[39:50] | He wants to be mayor. | 想当市长 |
[39:54] | Fucking boy scout. | 纯扯淡 |
[39:58] | Well, replace him. | 换了他 |
[40:02] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[40:04] | Bacharach. Run somebody else for mayor. | 巴哈拉赫 换别人竞选市长 |
[40:07] | People want change, give it to them. | 人们想要改变 就给他们改变 |
[40:10] | Or at least pretend to give it to them. | 至少要装装样子 |
[40:13] | What do I do about Eli? | 伊莱怎么办 |
[40:15] | Replace him too. | 一起换掉 |
[40:22] | You son of a bitch. | 你个狗娘养的 |
[40:25] | I’m dying. | 我快死了 |
[40:28] | There’s no time to be sentimental. | 没时间弄这些儿女情长了 |
[40:32] | I still can’t decide. | 我还是不确定 |
[40:35] | On you every dress is a joy to behold. | 看你换装真是伤心悦目 |
[40:39] | They’re all so plain. | 他们都略显平庸 |
[40:42] | I’ll need something special to wear to the inaugural… | 我需要特别的衣服参加就职典礼 |
[40:47] | After Warren is sworn in. | 特别是等沃伦宣誓就职的时候 |
[40:49] | I think for now though just something to wear around town. | 我觉得现在的衣服显得不够隆重 |
[40:58] | Oh, I do so love this. | 我好喜欢这件 |
[41:00] | Mademoiselle’s taste is excellent. | 女士的品位真好 |
[41:03] | – How much is it? – $480. | -多少钱 -四百八十美元 |
[41:08] | I’ll try the yellow one on again. | 我还是再试试那件黄色的吧 |
[41:20] | Yes, ma’am? | 什么事 女士 |
[41:26] | You have rescued me. | 你真的救了我 |
[41:28] | Merci beaucoup. | 太谢谢了 |
[41:31] | I’m glad I could help. | 很高兴能帮你 |
[41:33] | The first day you came here, | 你第一天来的时候 |
[41:35] | To myself I say, | 我就告诉自己 |
[41:37] | “This is a lady of taste and judgment.” | “这是一位有品位的女士” |
[41:45] | You told me I smelled. | 你告诉我要多笑笑 |
[41:47] | Pardon? | 什么 |
[41:49] | – You said I needed to bathe more often. – No. | -你告诉我要多洗澡 -没有 |
[41:52] | I was as useless as the Polish girl… | 我和那个波兰女孩一样没用 |
[41:55] | – Until now. – No no. | -直到现在 -不 不 |
[41:57] | My English– still sometimes I misspeak. | 我的英语 有时候还是会有口误 |
[42:00] | I am grateful, Marguerite, | 很感谢你 玛格丽特 |
[42:03] | Very grateful. | 非常感谢 |
[42:14] | For your little one. | 送你女儿的 |
[42:29] | Ivory… | 象牙柄的 |
[42:31] | For her beautiful hair. | 梳理她美丽的头发 |
[42:35] | My daughter didn’t help you, madame Jeunet. | 我的女儿没帮你 茱内特夫人 |
[42:38] | I did. | 是我帮的你 |
[42:46] | I just had to try it on. | 我只是想试试 |
[42:51] | It is beautiful, isn’t it? | 很漂亮不是吗 |
[43:07] | Ah! Smell that air, the salt? | 呼吸下新鲜的空气 咸咸的味道 |
[43:12] | I’d like to live by the ocean someday. | 有朝一日我也要住到海边 |
[43:17] | I have a cousin, a rich kid– | 我有个表弟 很有钱 |
[43:19] | Took the grand tour, sailed all over the world, | 遍游欧洲大陆 驾船环海航行 |
[43:22] | But he puked the entire way. | 但是他吐了一路 |
[43:26] | Ah, seasickness. | 晕船 |
[43:31] | I gotta piss. You need to go? | 我得去上厕所 你去吗 |
[43:35] | I’ll stretch my legs. | 我下车活动活动 |
[44:24] | You shouldn’t have done that. | 你不该这么做 |
[44:29] | – Done what? – Tried to lunge for my weapon. | -做什么 -偷袭我 |
[44:32] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[44:33] | You lunged at me, | 偷袭我 |
[44:35] | Tried to commandeer my gun. | 抢我的枪 |
[44:37] | What? | 什么 |
[44:39] | That’s why I killed you. | 这就是我杀你的原因 |
[46:14] | I spoke to my friend, the art dealer. | 我和我朋友说了 那个艺术品经纪人 |
[46:18] | He’s not interested, unfortunately. | 很不幸 他对我的画不感兴趣 |
[46:22] | But you seemed so optimistic. | 可是你挺高兴的 |
[46:25] | Well, he’s staying in Europe. | 他要留在欧洲 |
[46:28] | Did he say why? | 说为什么了吗 |
[46:29] | His response was in a wire. | 电话里说的 |
[46:32] | Surely with your husband home | 当然你丈夫回家之后 |
[46:33] | Your financial burden has eased. | 你的经济压力又大了 |
[46:35] | – You’ll have other chances. – When? | -你还有别的机会 -什么时候 |
[46:38] | I’ll make some inquiries, but honestly… | 我会再打听打听 但是说实话 |
[46:42] | Your style is a rather cheap imitation of Mary Cassatt’s. | 你的画风就像是玛丽·卡萨特的劣质仿品 |
[46:52] | I was in the woods with my boyfriend Ernie. | 我和我男朋友欧尼在树林里 |
[46:55] | He said to me, “It’s dark out here. | 他和我说”这里太黑了 |
[46:57] | I wish I had a lantern.” I said, “Me too. | 真希望我有个灯笼” 我说”我也是 |
[47:01] | You’ve been munching on the grass for the past 10 minutes!” | 你都啃了十分钟的草了” |
[47:06] | “Speaking of that,” He said, | “说起来” 他说 |
[47:07] | “How come you never tell me when you reach a climax?” | “你每次到高潮的时候怎么都不告诉我” |
[47:11] | “Well, ernie,” I said, | “是这样 欧尼” 我说 |
[47:13] | “It’s because you’re never around when it happens.” | “我高潮的时候你都不在啊” |
[47:18] | There’s nothing wrong with being an opportunist. | 当个机会主义者没什么不好的 |
[47:20] | In fact, it’s a trait I admire. | 事实上 这正是我喜欢的特质 |
[47:22] | The steel pier, the boulevard project– | 钢桥墩 林荫大道工程 |
[47:25] | You were Johnny-on-the-spot with those. | 你见证了这一切 |
[47:27] | A good christian, family man, | 一个虔诚的基督教徒 顾家的男人 |
[47:30] | – Well-liked in the community. – Very impressive. | -良好的邻里关系 -说的好 |
[47:35] | – What are you looking for? – The other shoe. | -你找什么呢 -另一支鞋子 |
[47:38] | Right now I’d like to sing a little number for you | 现在 我想为大家唱一首小曲 |
[47:41] | Called “Some of these days.” | 叫”往昔回忆” |
[47:53] | Perhaps Mrs. Bader would like a better view. | 也许巴德太太想换个更好的位置 |
[48:00] | Have I told you how beautiful you look in that dress? | 我有没有夸你穿这条裙子很好看 |
[48:03] | It was a gift from madame Jeunet. | 这是茱内特太太送我的 |
[48:09] | Some of these days | *回忆往昔* |
[48:14] | You’ll miss me, honey | *你会思念我* |
[48:17] | Some of these days | *回忆往昔* |
[48:20] | You’re gonna be so lonely | *你会如此孤单* |
[48:23] | You’ll miss my hugging | *你会思念我的拥抱* |
[48:27] | You’re gonna miss my kissing | *你会思念我的香吻* |
[48:30] | You’re gonna miss me, honey | *你会思念我* |
[48:32] | When I’m far away… | *当我早已远去* |
[48:35] | So I’m assuming you didn’t ask me here | 我猜你不是请我来给我 |
[48:38] | To sing my praises. | 唱赞歌的 |
[48:40] | Of course not, Edward. I can’t sing a note. | 当然不是 爱德华 我五音不全 |
[48:44] | How’d you like to be mayor? | 你想当市长吗 |
[48:46] | With you as boss? | 以你马首是瞻 |
[48:48] | I’d have more authority as street-sweeper. | 那还不如去扫大街 |
[48:51] | But a lot more time to run your construction business. | 但是能帮你的建筑公司不少忙 |
[48:54] | It’s time for a change, Ed, | 是时候做出改变了 艾德 |
[48:56] | And you’re a solid republican. | 你是个坚定的共和党员 |
[48:57] | – What about Bacharach? – Mayor Bacharach is ill. | -巴哈拉赫怎么了 -他病了 |
[49:00] | – He will not be seeking re-election. – What’s wrong with him? | -他不会寻求连任 -他出什么事了 |
[49:03] | I’ll make my diagnosis as soon as I have your answer. | 等你答复我我就告诉你 |
[49:08] | – I have to discuss it with Kathryn. – Be decisive, Ed. | -我得和凯瑟琳商量下 -当断则断 艾德 |
[49:12] | Roads, hospitals, convention center– | 公路 医院 会展中心 |
[49:15] | We can build great things together. | 我们可以共建很多美好的建筑 |
[49:17] | Of course we’ll have to add a ball field onto that list. | 当然还有球场 |
[49:22] | 1920. | 一九二零 |
[49:24] | The world belongs to the young. | 世界属于年轻人 |
[49:27] | We’ll let them think it does. | 我们会让他们这么认为 |
[49:30] | Mayor Edward Bader. | 艾德华·巴德市长 |
[49:32] | You roll that around on your tongue. | 你先熟悉熟悉这个称呼 |
[49:34] | I’ll be in touch. | 咱们再联系 |
[49:37] | You’ve always had your way | *你总有自己的路* |
[49:40] | And when you leave me | *当你离我而去* |
[49:43] | You know it’s gonna grieve me | *你知道我悲伤难忍* |
[49:46] | Gonna miss your big fat mama | *思念你身宽体胖的妈妈* |
[49:49] | Your mama, some of these days. | *你的妈妈 回忆往昔* |
[49:53] | Stand back, ladies and gentlemen, | 后退 女士们先生们 |
[49:55] | Or face the wrath of mombo… | 小心被莽博的怒气所伤 |
[49:58] | …tribal chieftain of the zulu… | 祖鲁族部落酋长 |
[50:01] | From the dark continent of africa! | 从非中黑暗大陆而来 |
[50:03] | Raised among lions and every bias fierce, | 和雄狮同舞 与野兽为伴 |
[50:07] | The zulu have a thirst for human blood! | 祖鲁人对人血无比渴望 |
[50:10] | Pity the poor souls unfortunate enough | 为那些可怜而不幸的生命感到遗憾 |
[50:12] | To spend the last of their days… | 在最后的几日 |
[50:15] | We’ll need to stop by the ambassador. | 我们要去见见大使 |
[50:17] | I told Jim Neary we’d meet him for a nightcap. | 我告诉吉姆·内尔利说要找他喝睡前酒 |
[50:19] | It’s rather late, isn’t it? | 有点晚了 |
[50:22] | – Hiya, Nuck. – evening. | -你好 努基 -晚上好 |
[50:25] | Nucky? | 努基 |
[50:27] | Nucky Thompson! | 努基·汤普森 |
[50:36] | Nein | 不行 |
[50:45] | You filthy bastard! | 你这个混蛋 |
[50:48] | Come here! Come here! | 过来 过来 |
[50:50] | Stop stop! | 站住 站住 |
[50:51] | Is that a cop? Get a cop! | 那是警察吗 警察快来 |
[50:55] | He went that way! | 他去那边了 |
[50:56] | Call an ambulance! | 叫救护车 |
[50:58] | Oh my god! | 我的天呐 |
[50:59] | Missus, are you all right? | 小姐 你没事吧 |
[51:07] | Help! is he dead? | 救命啊 他死了吗 |