时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:00] | I’ll get the breakfast special, all right? | 给我一份早餐特供 |
[02:01] | You got it. | 好的 |
[02:02] | – What’ll it be? – The usual. | -吃点什么 -老样子 |
[02:05] | Corned beef hash and eggs. | 一份盐津牛杂一份鸡蛋 |
[02:07] | More coffee with that? | 需要添点咖啡吗 |
[02:09] | Oh, sure. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[02:28] | All right, thanks. | 好的 多谢 |
[02:29] | You’re a credit to the force. | 你真是警界的骄傲 |
[02:35] | Your leg again? | 腿又疼了吗 |
[02:38] | I should’ve let them cut it off. | 当初就应该让他们给我截肢 |
[02:40] | Well, this’ll make you feel better: | 这个消息应该能让你好受点 |
[02:42] | that was my cop. | 刚才我警局的内线打电话来了 |
[02:43] | Your pal Liam, | 你的仇人利亚姆 |
[02:45] | the mug who slashed Pearl, | 就是划伤珍珠的那个马仔 |
[02:47] | apparently he takes his meals at a joint on the north side. | 好像在北区某个饭馆吃饭 |
[03:01] | I’m warning you. | 我警告你 |
[03:04] | Don’t come near me, god damn it. | 别过来 死东西 |
[03:07] | Don’t come any closer to me. | 不要靠近我 |
[03:12] | Get back. | 退后 |
[03:14] | Get back, you little son of a bitch. | 退后 小畜生 |
[03:17] | Carlisle, | 卡莱尔 |
[03:18] | don’t make me use this. | 别逼我发狠 |
[03:22] | That’s right. | 就这样 |
[03:23] | Hey hey hey, get out all of you, little turds. | 都滚出去 一群小畜生 |
[04:01] | Everybody stay back. | 你们都给我滚开 |
[04:08] | Come here, I’ll– | 来人啊 |
[04:14] | Help! | 救命 |
[04:18] | Help! | 救命啊 |
[04:20] | Where was the surgery done? | 你在哪做的手术 |
[04:23] | A field hospital outside of Verdun. | 凡尔登外的野战医院 |
[04:26] | Three more at Walter Reed. | 在沃尔特·里德医院又缝了三针 |
[04:29] | This is some fine work. | 手术挺成功 |
[04:31] | So why does it hurt? | 那为什么还会疼 |
[04:33] | The screws in the femur | 可能是残留在腿中的弹片 |
[04:35] | could be a problem there, | 造成的原因 |
[04:38] | trauma to the nerve. | 神经创伤 |
[04:40] | So I got a screw loose? | 这么说我体内有个螺丝松了 |
[04:42] | Do you think you do? | 你是这么认为的吗 |
[04:45] | It was a joke. | 开玩笑的 |
[04:48] | No numbness or weakness? | 没有麻木或虚弱的症状吗 |
[04:51] | It’s more of a dull ache | 更像是隐痛 |
[04:54] | inside. | 肉里的疼 |
[04:56] | It started recently. It hurts like hell. | 最近才开始的 钻心的疼 |
[05:00] | How’s your sleep? | 睡眠状况怎么样 |
[05:01] | Off and on. I’m up a lot. | 断断续续 半夜经常疼醒 |
[05:05] | What do you do? | 你是干什么的 |
[05:07] | I go for walks. | 散散步 |
[05:09] | I read mostly. | 看看书 |
[05:10] | You’re employed? What do you do? | 我是说工作 做什么工作的 |
[05:14] | Oh, Bell Telephone. | 在贝尔电话公司工作 |
[05:19] | Have you ever heard of Dr. Robert Woodworth? | 你听说过罗伯特·伍德沃斯医生吗 |
[05:22] | He developed a test during the war | 他在一战中研究了一种测试 |
[05:25] | to help the soldiers. | 来帮助士兵 |
[05:26] | We’re giving it to all the men who come in. | 现在我们给所有来看病的人做这个测试 |
[05:28] | What kind of test? | 什么样的测试 |
[05:29] | It’s called a personal inventory. | 叫做个人档案 |
[05:31] | The war’s over. | 一战已经结束了 |
[05:33] | It might be useful anyway | 但那还能对国家卫生事业发展 |
[05:35] | for the country. | 有点用处 |
[05:40] | “Set a high standard for a clean America.” | “建立卫生和谐美利坚” |
[05:50] | What do I have to do? | 怎么做测试 |
[05:52] | Just answer a few questions about yourself. | 回答几个个人问题 |
[05:55] | It could help you feel better. | 可以帮助你缓解症状 |
[05:57] | Sure, why not? | 好吧 何乐而不为 |
[06:14] | How are you doing? | 怎么样了 |
[06:15] | The doctor will be right with you. | 医生马上就来 |
[06:17] | Are you all right? | 感觉还好吧 |
[06:33] | Try and hold still now. | 来抓紧了别动 |
[06:35] | Good god almighty. | 万能的主啊 |
[06:37] | Pop, come on. One, two, three. | 老爸 起来 一二三 |
[06:39] | You fucking butcher. | 你他妈轻点 |
[06:42] | Pop, just let us get you situated, okay? | 老爸 让我们把你放好 |
[06:45] | Ho ho ho, | 瞧瞧 |
[06:47] | look who’s come to pay a visit. | 看谁大驾光临了 |
[06:49] | I came as soon as I heard. | 我听到消息立马赶来了 |
[06:51] | I called your office. | 我打到你办公室 |
[06:52] | Eddie said you were out with your lady-friend. | 埃迪说你跟你女朋友出去了 |
[06:54] | Who’s that? Mabel? | 是谁 梅布尔吗 |
[06:56] | Mabel was my wife. You know that. | 梅布尔是我前妻 你记得的 |
[06:57] | – One, two, three. – God almighty! | -一二三 -万能的主啊 |
[07:00] | – Get him in there. – Easy. | -杀了我吧 -慢点 |
[07:03] | – It’s all right. – Oh god. | -好了 -天啊 |
[07:07] | Five goddamn hours. | 我他妈躺了五个小时 |
[07:11] | I could have lost my leg if your brother hadn’t come by. | 要不是你弟弟赶来 我这条腿就保不住了 |
[07:16] | Thank you, Dr. Surran. | 万分感谢 苏林医生 |
[07:18] | All right, Mr. Thompson, here we go. | 好了 汤普森先生 我们走 |
[07:19] | – You got it? – Yeah, I got it. | -抱紧没 -抱紧了 |
[07:35] | I’ll stop by the hospital later, pop. | 老爸 我等会再去医院看你 |
[07:48] | So this woman. | 那个女人 |
[07:52] | This Margaret Schroeder. | 那个玛格丽特·施罗德 |
[07:54] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[07:56] | What’s going on there? | 你跟她怎么回事 |
[07:57] | – She’s a lovely person, Eli. – I’m sure she’s a peach. | -她很可人 伊莱 -的确美若桃花 |
[08:00] | She’s also a widow, remember, | 但你该知道她是个寡妇 |
[08:03] | pretty tragic circumstances? | 还是你一手制造的悲剧 |
[08:04] | She knows nothing and she never will. | 她什么都不知道 以后也不会知道 |
[08:10] | It smells like piss in here. | 这里闻着和茅房一样 |
[08:12] | Cat piss. | 猫尿 |
[08:14] | That too. | 也有那味儿 |
[08:19] | I’ll call Sailor’s Haven, | 我会给水手天堂打电话 |
[08:21] | see if they have an extra room. | 看他们是否有多余的房间 |
[08:23] | We can’t do that. | 不能这样 |
[08:25] | Now I’m supposed to get him a private nurse? | 难不成我还得给他找个私人护理 |
[08:26] | June and I will take him. He can live with us. | 他可以跟我和琼住 我们会照顾他 |
[08:29] | What about your kids? | 你的孩子们怎么办 |
[08:30] | The kids love him. | 孩子们都喜欢他 |
[08:39] | I suppose it is time to sell, huh? | 看来是时候卖出去了 是吧 |
[08:46] | A lot of memories in this place. | 满载记忆的地方 |
[08:52] | We should give it to Fleming, | 我们该把它送给弗莱明 |
[08:54] | let him fix it up. | 让他整修一下 |
[08:56] | They just had another baby, more to come probably. | 他刚有了另一个孩子 可能以后会有更多 |
[08:59] | Just give it to him? | 就这么白给他 |
[09:00] | Let some decent family | 给户好人家 |
[09:02] | Make a home of this shitpile. | 让他们把这里弄的像个家的样子吧 |
[09:11] | God damn toaster– it cost me nine bucks. | 该死的烤面包机 花了我整整九块钱 |
[09:15] | He never even plugged it in. | 结果他从来都没用过 |
[09:38] | Who done these? | 这些是谁做的 |
[09:40] | Ferschke over on Illinois. | 伊利诺斯州的费斯基 |
[09:43] | Ink don’t even stick. | 墨一抹就掉 |
[09:45] | Said he’d take 50 dollar off. | 他说可以再减五十美金 |
[09:47] | I don’t care he pay me. | 价钱不是问题 |
[09:48] | I can’t use this shit. | 关键是这些垃圾根本没法用 |
[09:49] | Mr. White? | 怀特先生 |
[09:51] | Mr. Chalky White? Hello? | 朝琪·怀特先生 有人吗 |
[09:55] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[09:59] | How do you do? | 你们好啊 |
[10:01] | You are, I assume, Mr. White. | 我想 您就是怀特先生了吧 |
[10:04] | May I say it is both an honor and a privilege | 我得说 能认识您 |
[10:07] | to be making your acquaintance? | 简直既是荣幸又是特权啊 |
[10:09] | Fuck are you, shortpants? | 你又是谁 小矮子 |
[10:11] | My name is Michael Lewis. | 我叫迈克尔·路易斯 |
[10:14] | I am a businessman. I have traveled here today | 我是个生意人 |
[10:17] | from the borough of Manhattan in the city of new york | 今天刚从纽约曼哈顿区来到贵宝地 |
[10:20] | to discuss a proposition with you. | 目的是想跟您谈笔生意 |
[10:22] | May I approach? | 我能过去吗 |
[10:23] | You may stay where the fuck you’re standing. | 你他妈最好站那别动 |
[10:32] | What proposition? | 什么生意 |
[10:40] | A boy, let us say, | 有个小子 这么说吧 |
[10:43] | wants to buy a boiled wool coat for his sweetheart. | 他想给他的心上人买件羊毛大衣 |
[10:46] | At Gimbels this coat puts him | 在金贝尔 这大衣要花掉他 |
[10:48] | $12.46 out of pocket. | 十二块四毛六 |
[10:52] | On Rivington Street this identical coat costs what? | 同样的大衣 在文顿街要花多少钱 |
[10:55] | This ain’t no coat store, son. | 小子 这里没有大衣店 |
[10:56] | But the principle, you’d agree, is the same. | 可你得承认 道理是一样的 |
[10:59] | You make a certain product, yes? | 你有自己的产品 |
[11:00] | It sells for a certain price | 根据质量 成本 市场竞争等 |
[11:02] | based on quality, cost, competition. | 要素定价 |
[11:07] | So what do you say, Mr. White? | 那么 怀特先生 您觉得怎么样 |
[11:09] | About what? | 什么怎么样 |
[11:10] | About my buying, let’s call it, | 关于我直接从 |
[11:13] | 1000 cases of spirituous liquor | 从你这进一千箱 |
[11:16] | directly from you | 烈酒 |
[11:19] | to our mutual benefit. | 咱们互惠互利 |
[11:21] | Cut out the middleman. | 去掉中间人 |
[11:24] | Nobody ever gotta know except you and me. | 只有天知地知 你知我知 |
[11:27] | Precisely right. | 正是 |
[11:31] | Your mama know you’re out wearing your daddy’s sunday suit? | 你妈知道你偷穿了你爸最好的衣服来这吗 |
[11:36] | No sir, she does not. | 不 先生 她不知道 |
[11:38] | She also doesn’t know that I have this. | 她也不知道我有这个 |
[11:42] | $10,000 in U.S. currency– | 一万美元现金 |
[11:45] | $500,000 notes. | 还有五十万支票 |
[11:47] | And all you have do is recognize an opportunity. | 而你要做的 就是和我们合作 |
[12:08] | Would you like to share the punchline? | 有什么笑料 说来听听 |
[12:10] | Well, the punchline is you tell Nucky Thompson | 笑料就是 你得告诉努基·汤普森 |
[12:13] | it’s gonna take a lot more than 10 grand | 想占我的便宜 |
[12:14] | to get me to fuck him over. | 一万太少了 |
[12:23] | Well, you can’t blame a fellow for trying. | 勇于尝试总没错吧 |
[12:29] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 告辞 |
[12:34] | So it’s me, Eleanor and the baby, | 当时我和埃莉诺 还有宝宝在一起 |
[12:37] | with the thunder booming right outside the window. | 窗外电闪雷鸣 |
[12:39] | Next thing I know– thanks, Nuck– | 接着 谢谢 努基 |
[12:42] | next thing I know, little Georgie, his sister and the cat | 接着就是 小乔治 他姐姐和猫 |
[12:45] | are all crammed in with us under the covers. | 一起迅速钻进了我们的被窝 |
[12:48] | I tell you, a bedbug crawled in– | 这么说吧 哪怕再爬上来一只臭虫 |
[12:50] | the whole megillah would have collapsed under the weight. | 那床就肯定塌了 |
[12:56] | How old’s the baby now anyway? | 孩子现在几岁了 |
[12:57] | A little over five months. | 五个多月了 |
[12:59] | It flies, boy. It was just yesterday we brought her home– | 过得真快啊 仿佛昨天我们才把她接回家 |
[13:04] | a scrawny little thing, came seven weeks early. | 可怜的小东西 提前七周降临人世 |
[13:08] | I owe it all to her mom though. | 我非常感激她妈妈 |
[13:10] | Night and day she fed that kid, | 不分昼夜地照料她 |
[13:14] | bundled her up close. | 随时把她带在身边 |
[13:16] | I swear she didn’t put her down for a month. | 我发誓 有整整一个月 她都没放下过她 |
[13:20] | Anyway, enough of my yammering. | 好了 我絮叨得够多了 |
[13:23] | No, actually it’s your family that I wanted to discuss. | 没关系 我很乐意听你说家里的事 |
[13:27] | Get off of me! | 放开我 |
[13:29] | He’s in a very important meeting. | 他正在开一个非常重要的会 |
[13:31] | Eddie, stop. | 埃迪 别拦着我 |
[13:33] | Why won’t you return my calls? | 为什么不回我电话 |
[13:35] | – I am so sorry. – Lucy, I’m in a meeting. | -非常抱歉 -露西 我正在开会 |
[13:37] | I don’t care. I love you. | 我不管 我爱你 |
[13:38] | What does she have that I don’t have? | 她有什么是我没有的 |
[13:40] | – Lucy– – She’s a fucking shopgirl. | -露西 -她就是个卖东西的 |
[13:42] | Calm down, okay? | 冷静点 行吗 |
[13:44] | I left some of my clothes here. | 我有几件衣服落在这了 |
[13:47] | I’ll call you, okay? We’ll have dinner. | 我稍后打给你 行吗 我们一起吃晚饭 |
[13:50] | I want to go to the pictures. | 我想去看电影 |
[13:53] | – Whatever you’d like. – “Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.” | -都听你的 -我要看《变身怪医》 |
[13:55] | Fine. We’ll talk about it later. | 好的 我们迟点再说 |
[13:58] | I feel empty without you inside of me. | 你不在我心里总是空空的 |
[14:01] | We’ll talk about that as well. | 都迟点再说吧 |
[14:13] | I’m sorry about that. | 很抱歉 |
[14:20] | So you’re still in that flat over on Vermont? | 那你们现在还住在佛蒙特州的小公寓里吗 |
[14:23] | We are. | 是的 |
[14:24] | You need a house, Damien, | 你需要一处大宅子 达米恩 |
[14:26] | with a yard for the kids. | 有个小院好让孩子玩耍 |
[14:28] | That’s the plan. We’re saving up. | 我们就是这么计划的 现在正存钱呢 |
[14:33] | I want you to have my father’s place. | 你可以搬到我父亲的宅子里 |
[14:35] | He doesn’t need it anymore and I sure as hell don’t want it. | 他不住那儿了 我自己也不想要 |
[14:38] | That sounds great, but we couldn’t afford it yet. | 听起来是不错 不过我们目前负担不起 |
[14:42] | I’m giving it to you, no strings. | 我送给你 不要任何条件 |
[14:44] | You fix it up, make it livable. | 你整修一下 弄得像样点 |
[14:50] | Gee, Nuck, I– | 这 努克 我 |
[14:52] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么了 |
[14:54] | Say thank you. | 说谢谢 |
[14:56] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:58] | Thanks a million. | 万分感谢 |
[15:00] | You just made Eleanor and me about the happiest people on earth. | 你让埃莉诺和我成为世界上最幸福的人 |
[15:03] | That’s all I wanted to hear. | 这是我最想听的 |
[15:06] | Sometimes I’m not sure what he wants from me. | 有时候我不知道 他想从我身上得到什么 |
[15:10] | Then what’s that big bed for? | 那那张大床是干什么用的 |
[15:13] | Besides that. | 除了那个 |
[15:21] | The more important thing is what do you want from him? | 更重要的是 你想从他身上得到什么 |
[15:26] | Well, I don’t want to lose this. | 我不想失去已经拥有的这一切 |
[15:31] | He’ll never marry you, you know. | 你知道他不会和你结婚的 |
[15:32] | I know, I know. | 这我当然知道 |
[15:35] | The last girl– Lucy– | 上一个女孩 露西 |
[15:37] | He’d been with her for ages. | 他和她在一起很长一段时间 |
[15:39] | It would be nice to have some certainty in our lives. | 我还是希望 生活能在掌握之中 |
[15:43] | I’ve been with Harry three years now, | 我和哈利在一起三年了 |
[15:45] | and the only certainty I’ve got | 唯一能掌握的是 |
[15:47] | is stashed under a floorboard in my bedroom– | 我在卧房地板下藏的一笔钱 |
[15:49] | almost $4,000 worth of certainty. | 大概有四千美元 |
[15:53] | You make him pay you? | 你跟他收钱吗 |
[15:54] | Not exactly. | 也不完全是 |
[15:57] | Rich men can be careless with their money, | 有钱人对钱也没那么在意 |
[15:59] | especially the married ones. | 特别是结了婚的 |
[16:01] | The occasional 10-spot kited from his trousers while he’s asleep. | 他睡着时 不小心在裤子里发现点小钱 |
[16:06] | It adds up after a while. | 不久就会越集越多 |
[16:08] | I could never do that. | 我不可能做这些 |
[16:10] | You might surprise yourself someday. | 终有一天你也会如此的 |
[16:14] | Do you love him? | 你爱他吗 |
[16:16] | I’m fond of him. | 我对他有好感 |
[16:18] | Is he in love with you? | 他爱上你了吗 |
[16:20] | I don’t think he’s gotten over his wife. | 我不认为那爱会超过他的妻子 |
[16:22] | What does he say about her? | 他是怎么说他太太的 |
[16:23] | Not much. It’s just the impression I get. | 说得不多 只是我自己感觉 |
[16:26] | He’s rather parsimonious with his sentiments. | 他总是不愿表露自己的情绪 |
[16:32] | That’s probably just as well. | 这样最好 |
[16:33] | The last thing you want is him talking too much. | 你最不想遇到的就是个婆婆妈妈的富佬 |
[16:36] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[16:38] | One thing I learned– not from Harry, | 我学到一点 不是从哈利那里 |
[16:39] | but from the one before him– | 是从之前的一个男人身上 |
[16:41] | let them keep their secrets to themselves. | 让他们保有自己的秘密 |
[16:44] | You let him open up and bare his soul, | 你让他敞开心扉 与你坦诚相对 |
[16:48] | you’ll be a constant reminder of how weak he really is. | 你的存在就会时刻提醒他 他有多软弱 |
[16:52] | Mama, come play. | 妈妈 来一起玩吧 |
[16:55] | In a minute, my dear. | 再过一会儿 宝宝 |
[16:57] | Look at those curls. | 瞧瞧这一头卷发 |
[16:59] | Why, you’ll have no trouble getting a man at all. | 毫无疑问 你会让男人们神魂颠倒的 |
[17:13] | Shut up. | 安静点 |
[17:14] | Anybody got change of a nickel? | 谁有五分零钱啊 |
[17:17] | Oh, look who it is. | 看看这是谁呀 |
[17:18] | Last time I saw you fellas was in back of a paddy. | 上次我看到你 你还跟着个爱尔兰佬干活呢 |
[17:21] | – This is Charlie Luciano. – And my pal Meyer. | -这是查理·卢西亚诺 -我朋友 梅耶 |
[17:24] | – Mickey Doyle. – How do you do? | -米奇·多伊尔 -你好 |
[17:32] | He says you’re a real solid fella. | 他说你是个真正可靠的朋友 |
[17:38] | So why didn’t you tell me you was in town, eh? | 怎么不告诉我们你来这了 |
[17:40] | – what are you doing here? – Business. | -你干嘛来了 -生意上的事儿 |
[17:42] | Why else would I come to this shithole-by-the-sea? | 我来这该死的地方 还能为什么 |
[17:44] | Oh, Ganuzz. | 加努斯 |
[17:54] | So let me ask you, how many times you think you can knock over | 我倒要问问你 在努基·汤普森发觉之前 |
[17:57] | Nucky Thompson’s bagman before he bites back? | 你能不能搞到他的货源 |
[17:59] | It was easy pickings. | 这很轻松 |
[18:01] | So it was you fellas. | 对你们而言确实 |
[18:03] | We’re getting a toehold on the alcohol business. | 这是我们酒类生意的起点 |
[18:05] | We needed a little scratch to get things rolling. | 我们需要资金来运转它 |
[18:07] | That’s a nice take– 3,000 clams. | 听起来不错 得要三千美金吧 |
[18:11] | It ain’t hay. | 不是小数目 |
[18:13] | You do realize you owe Mr. Rothstein for the privilege. | 你知道自己欠罗斯坦先生好处 |
[18:16] | You ain’t got no jurisdiction down in Atlantic City. | 大西洋城 还轮不到你管吧 |
[18:20] | They came here from Philly on their own accord. | 他们自愿从费城赶来的 |
[18:27] | Have you been noticing the cost of gasoline? | 你们有没有注意到油价 |
[18:29] | Last week goes from 18 to 20 a gallon. | 上周是十八到二十美元一加仑 |
[18:32] | – Who is this kike? – The name’s Meyer Lansky. | -这犹太佬是谁啊 -我叫梅耶·兰斯基 |
[18:34] | And he’s a pal of mine, like I said. | 我说过了 他是我朋友 |
[18:36] | Gasoline, like I said– it’s what moves America. | 正如我所说 汽油驱动着美国 |
[18:40] | Once you got the hooch, you gotta distribute it, right? | 一旦私酒到手 你就得想办法脱手 对吧 |
[18:43] | You gotta set up stills, warehouses to store the stuff, | 你要建酿酒场 仓库来储存 |
[18:46] | payoffs for the bulls, | 给警察 政客们好处 |
[18:49] | bottles, crates, labels– it adds up. | 瓶子 装货箱 标签 林林总总 |
[18:52] | You wanna run a top-shelf operation, | 要想经营得好 |
[18:53] | you’re gonna need a lot more than 3,000 bucks. | 三千美元可远远不够 |
[18:56] | – We got muscle. – Yeah, | -我们有劳动力 -是的 |
[18:57] | you and your brothers against the whole city? | 你和你的兄弟们能搬动全城的吗 |
[18:59] | So what are you saying? | 你想说什么 |
[19:00] | Is Rothstein willing to back us? | 罗斯坦想要援助我们吗 |
[19:02] | Show him you’re capable. | 向他展示你的能力 |
[19:05] | You been to Lolly Steinman’s? | 你们去过斯坦曼钱庄吗 |
[19:07] | – The delicatessen? – It’s a casino. | -那个酒店吗 -是赌场 |
[19:09] | Nucky Thompson owns it. | 东家是努基·汤普森 |
[19:11] | End of a Saturday they got 150 grand in the cage. | 周六闭馆时他们会从出纳台提走十五万美元 |
[19:14] | You fixing we rob the joint? | 你是建议我们去打劫吗 |
[19:16] | And he’s the smart one. | 他很聪明 |
[19:18] | We’re gonna work out the details, | 细节稍后我们一起讨论 |
[19:20] | but 50% goes to A.R. in New York. | 但是五成归罗斯坦 |
[19:21] | The other 50 we use to bankroll our next move. | 另外的五成 我们把它作为下一步行动的资金 |
[19:25] | “We”? | “我们”吗 |
[19:33] | The name’s Billy Winslow. | 他叫比利·温斯洛 |
[19:35] | We got him dead to rights on | 我们想以武装抢劫珠宝店 |
[19:37] | an armed robbery– a jewelry store. | 的罪名判他死刑 |
[19:38] | His mother’s sick and he’s terrified of going to jail. | 他母亲病了 他害怕坐牢 |
[19:41] | And why is this my concern? | 这关我什么事 |
[19:42] | As soon as I leveled the charges against him, | 我刚开始指控他时 |
[19:44] | he started bawling like a baby, | 他就像一个婴儿般哭闹 |
[19:46] | said he wanted to talk to a Fed from Atlantic City. | 说他想同来自大西洋城的联邦探员谈谈 |
[20:02] | Who are you? | 你们是谁 |
[20:04] | My name is Velson Van Alden. | 我是威尔森·范奥尔登 |
[20:06] | I’m a special agent | 我是大西洋郡 |
[20:07] | with the bureau of internal revenue in Atlantic County. | 国税局高级探员 |
[20:11] | This is my colleague– agent Sebso. | 这是我的同事 赛布索探员 |
[20:13] | Hello. | 你好 |
[20:16] | So I gather you’ve got a story to tell, Mr. Winslow. | 我听说你有事情想告诉我们 温斯洛先生 |
[20:20] | That depends. What’s in it for me? | 这取决于我的待遇 |
[20:25] | You’re looking at 10 years hard labor at Rahway. | 你面临着在拉威监狱十年的苦役 |
[20:28] | You’re not exactly in a position to bargain. | 你没有筹码讨价还价 |
[20:40] | There was a hijacking. | 那是一次拦路抢劫 |
[20:42] | In the woods last January. | 发生在一月份 在树林里 |
[20:45] | It was a truckloadful of hooch headed to New York. | 目标是运往纽约的一整车走私酒 |
[20:49] | They left five bodies behind. | 他们杀了五个人 |
[20:52] | How do you know this? | 你如何知道的 |
[20:56] | ‘Cause I was there as a decoy. | 因为那时我在那里当诱饵 |
[20:58] | I blocked the road with my car. | 我用我的车堵住了道路 |
[21:01] | I wasn’t involved in any killing. | 我和杀人无关 |
[21:04] | It wasn’t supposed to happen like that. | 事情不应该是这样的 |
[21:07] | Nobody was supposed to get hurt. | 我们没打算杀任何人 |
[21:09] | Then why did they? | 那他们为什么开枪了 |
[21:11] | Look, I can give you the ringleader | 我可以供出头儿 |
[21:12] | and you can just ask him. | 你去问他吧 |
[21:13] | What’s his name? | 他叫什么 |
[21:15] | If I tell you, do we have a deal? You’ll get me off? | 如果我说了 我们定个约定 能放我走吗 |
[21:18] | If you agree to testify, | 如果你同意作证的话 |
[21:20] | I’ll use my influence as best I can. | 我会尽可能地帮你争取 |
[21:25] | His name’s | 他的名字是 |
[21:28] | Jimmy Darmody. | 吉米·达莫迪 |
[21:31] | It was him and this fella called Al. | 是他和一个叫阿尔的家伙策划的 |
[21:44] | Ronald Tineo. | 罗纳德·迪纳奥 |
[21:47] | Yes, ma’am. | 我是 |
[21:52] | You like to read? | 你喜欢读书吗 |
[22:00] | It keeps me occupied. | 只是找点事做 |
[22:02] | What is the book? | 书名是什么 |
[22:06] | It’s, uh– | 是 |
[22:10] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[22:16] | It’s called “The Tin Soldier.” | 书名是《锡兵》[安徒生童话] |
[22:18] | It’s a bunch of malarkey. | 废话连篇 |
[22:28] | Smoke? | 抽烟吗 |
[22:31] | Mmm. Not possible. | 抽不了 |
[22:33] | Thomas Farina. | 托马斯·法利纳 |
[22:46] | James Darmody. | 我叫詹姆斯·达莫迪 |
[22:48] | Richard Harrow. | 我叫理查德·哈罗 |
[22:50] | Nice to meet you. | 幸会 |
[23:03] | Would you want this? | 你要看这本吗 |
[23:05] | My sister sends them to me | 我妹妹寄给我的 |
[23:08] | because I used to enjoy them. | 因为我曾经很爱读它 |
[23:13] | You don’t anymore? | 现在不喜欢了吗 |
[23:19] | It occurred to me | 它告诉我 |
[23:21] | the basis of fiction is that | 小说的基础是 |
[23:25] | people have some sort of connection with each other. | 人们之间有一些羁绊 |
[23:30] | But they don’t. | 但其实他们没有 |
[23:31] | Thomas Decatur. | 托马斯·迪凯特 |
[23:34] | That’s me. | 我是 |
[23:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:44] | They’re making you take the test? | 他们让你做测试了 |
[23:47] | The nutcase test? Yeah. | 疯子测试吗 是的 |
[23:51] | And then they’ll tell us | 之后他们会告诉我们 |
[23:52] | if we’re normal or not. | 是否心智正常 |
[23:55] | I hear | 我听说 |
[23:57] | some of the questions are embarrassing. | 有些问题会很私密 |
[24:03] | Just lie. | 那就说谎 |
[24:06] | I find that difficult now. | 我发现这有点困难 |
[24:13] | They’re interested in what’s in our heads, | 他们对我们在想什么很感兴趣 |
[24:16] | so that next time we’ll fight better. | 所以下次 我们要更努力 |
[24:33] | I should leave this in my room. | 我本该把这个留在房间里 |
[24:36] | But if I don’t have it with me, I become anxious. | 但如果我不带着它 就会焦虑不安 |
[24:40] | A german sniper mask. | 一个德军狙击手面具 |
[24:42] | Mm, I had to wait a very long time | 是的 我等他把面具摘下的那刻 |
[24:45] | for him to take it off. | 等了很久很久 |
[24:47] | You were a marksman? | 你是狙击手吗 |
[24:50] | I watched him from a blind for three days. | 我在他的盲区位置盯了他三天 |
[24:56] | He lifted it to scratch his nose. | 他摘下面具挠鼻子 |
[25:00] | I put a bullet | 我的子弹 |
[25:02] | one inch below his eye. | 从他眼下一英寸的地方射进去了 |
[25:07] | Fuck him, right? | 干死他 对吧 |
[25:09] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[25:19] | Mm, on the test | 在测试的时候 |
[25:22] | they ask | 他们会问你 |
[25:24] | if you ever made love to a girl. | 有没有和女人上过床 |
[25:27] | James Darmody. | 詹姆斯·达莫迪 |
[25:31] | James Darmody. | 詹姆斯·达莫迪 |
[25:34] | – He left. – Did he say why? | -他走了 -他说没说原因 |
[25:37] | He said he was feeling fine and then he left. | 他说觉得自己没事就走了 |
[25:42] | Durier Frost. | 德瑞尔·福罗斯特 |
[25:51] | Richard Harrow. | 理查德·哈罗 |
[25:58] | He left, too. | 他也走了 |
[26:01] | Go ahead, try lying. | 来 试着撒谎看看 |
[26:04] | Mm, yep, that’s right. | 是的 他走了 |
[26:35] | Got the cutest little way | *你是我邂逅的最可爱的姑娘* |
[26:39] | Like to watch you all the day | *喜欢一整天看着你* |
[26:42] | And it certainly seems fine | *只是想一想能拥你入怀* |
[26:46] | Just to think that you’ll be mine | *都让我幸福洋溢* |
[26:50] | When I see your pretty smile | *当我看见你微笑* |
[26:54] | Makes the living worth the while… | *让我感到不枉此生* |
[26:58] | More Chianti? | 还来点基安蒂酒吗 |
[27:00] | You’re sweeter than wine. | 你比葡萄酒更醇美 |
[27:01] | Telling people what I’ve found | *我告诉人们我找到了什么* |
[27:06] | But when I told them | *但是当我跟他们说* |
[27:11] | How beautiful you are | *你是多么美丽的时候* |
[27:15] | They didn’t believe me… | *他们不相信我* |
[27:17] | I’m still tingling. | 我的身体还是酥的 |
[27:19] | They didn’t believe me | *他们不相信我* |
[27:22] | Your lips, your eyes, your cheeks, your hair | *你的红唇 你的眸子 你的脸庞 你的秀发* |
[27:26] | Are in a class beyond compare | *是无与伦比的美丽* |
[27:30] | You’re the loveliest girl | *你是所有人眼中* |
[27:34] | That one could see | *最可爱的姑娘* |
[27:37] | But when I tell them… | *但是当我跟他们说* |
[27:41] | What are we gonna do, Mary? | 我们该怎么办 玛丽 |
[27:48] | Relax. | 别怕 |
[27:50] | It’s not like he saw us together. | 他还没发现我们在一起 |
[27:54] | Nucky Thompson didn’t get where he is by being naive. | 努基·汤普森根本不知道这是怎么一回事 |
[28:00] | That look on his face– | 看他脸上的表情 |
[28:04] | He knows something’s amiss. | 他知道那不对劲 |
[28:07] | So he knows. | 那么他知道了 |
[28:09] | And then what? | 又能怎么样 |
[28:12] | Well, he could stop giving me money. | 他会不给钱我花 |
[28:19] | You’re so good. | 你真棒 |
[28:29] | I depend on this man. | 我得依靠这个男人 |
[28:32] | What about Jimmy? | 那吉米呢 |
[28:37] | I would have thought he’d send something– | 我本来以为他会有所表示的 |
[28:39] | If not for me, for Tommy. | 就算不是为了我 也是为了汤米 |
[28:41] | You just may have to get a job, my sweet. | 你去找个工作就行了 亲爱的 |
[28:44] | I know. | 我知道 |
[28:48] | Anything from that art dealer in New York? | 那个纽约艺术经纪人那边有消息了吗 |
[28:52] | No. | 没有 |
[28:55] | But Robert’s friend Jonathan is coming in town | 但是罗伯特的朋友乔纳森 |
[28:57] | to look at some real estate. | 要来城里看房子 |
[29:01] | He works at Washington Square Gallery in Greenwich Village. | 他在格林威治村的华盛顿广场画廊上班 |
[29:06] | He’s agreed to assess your work. | 他同意鉴赏你的作品 |
[29:10] | Greenwich Village? | 格林威治村 |
[29:15] | Can you imagine? | 真是不敢想象 |
[29:18] | It’s everything you’ve ever heard it is. | 你听到的句句属实 |
[29:34] | They’ll never believe me | *他们永远不会相信我* |
[29:38] | They’ll never believe me | *他们永远不会相信我* |
[29:42] | That from this great big world | *在千千万万人中* |
[29:45] | You’ve chosen me. | *你选择了我* |
[30:00] | I can’t thank you enough for coming out here | 对您的到来以及给予的帮助 |
[30:02] | and helping me out like this. | 我不胜感激 |
[30:04] | Here’s a little something extra for you and the boys. | 这里还有些东西给你和小伙子们 |
[30:07] | Make sure the guys get the beers, okay? | 请大伙喝杯啤酒 明白吗 |
[30:08] | – Watch out for rusty nails. – And don’t wander off. | -小心脚下的钉子 -还有别走散了 |
[30:12] | Chief Sweeney, I see you brought the whole company. | 斯维尼警长 你把局里的人都带过来了 |
[30:15] | – And half of Ladder 38. – I couldn’t afford it otherwise. | -还有三十八消防队一半的人 -要不人手不够 |
[30:17] | Let’s hope there are no fires in town. | 希望现在城里不要有火灾发生 |
[30:20] | Why don’t you and the boys take a breather? | 你和你的小伙子们先休息一下吧 |
[30:22] | – Mind if we take a look? – Be my guest. | -我们可以进去看一下吗 -别客气 |
[30:24] | Oh, that’s just a bunch of junk your dad didn’t want. | 那些都是你爸爸不要的垃圾 |
[30:27] | No no, just bring it in the house. | 不 不 把那个拿进房子就行了 |
[30:29] | Just do it now. | 现在就去 |
[30:31] | – Right there. – Where’s the 2×4? | -在那边 -二乘四的木板在哪儿 |
[30:34] | The 2x4s are all piled up over there to the right. | 都在右边那里堆着 |
[30:37] | Got it. | 知道了 |
[30:38] | Okay boys, take a break. | 好了小伙子们 休息一会儿 |
[30:40] | You got about 10 minutes. | 休息十分钟 |
[30:48] | So this is it? | 就是这里吗 |
[30:51] | You seem surprised. | 你看起来有点吃惊 |
[30:53] | It’s nicer than you described. | 这房子比你说的漂亮多了 |
[30:56] | It is now. | 现在是很漂亮 |
[30:57] | It was filthy, shameful actually. | 实际上这房子以前肮脏污秽 |
[31:00] | I used to dream about fixing it up. | 我以前做梦都想装修它 |
[31:03] | Well, it’s quite cozy. | 现在看上去非常舒适 |
[31:07] | It’s funny– it didn’t seem all that small when I was a kid. | 有意思的是 我小时候觉得这房子没现在这么小 |
[31:10] | Because you were small yourself. | 因为你那时候很小 |
[31:14] | I look at my father now– | 现在我眼里的父亲 |
[31:16] | he’s this frail little man. | 是一个虚弱的小老头 |
[31:19] | When I was a kid, he was the giant | 在我小时候 他跟《杰克与魔豆》里的 |
[31:21] | in “Jack and the Beanstalk.” | 巨人一样高大威猛 |
[31:24] | He frightened you. | 他让你害怕 |
[31:26] | With good reason. | 我害怕是有原因的 |
[31:29] | Does he still? | 如今呢 |
[31:32] | He can’t hurt me now. | 拿我没辙了 |
[31:39] | On my ninth birthday I made the mistake | 九岁生日时 我犯了个错 |
[31:41] | of reaching for a piece of bread | 开餐的时候 我抢在父亲之前 |
[31:43] | ahead of my dad at the dinner table. | 拿了一块面包 |
[31:46] | He used this hot poker | 为此 他动用这根发烫的火钳 |
[31:48] | to remind me that he eats first. | 提醒我 必须等他先开动 |
[31:50] | I wondered how you’d gotten that. | 我以前也想问你是怎么弄伤的 |
[31:57] | There are times, even to this day, | 一次又一次 即使是现在 |
[32:00] | where I’ll lay awake in bed, | 晚上睡不着的时候 |
[32:03] | thinking about the fact that my father– | 我都会想想我的父亲 |
[32:06] | the man who was supposed to protect us, to provide– | 那个本应保护我们 为我们 |
[32:09] | I’m no stranger to a man’s cruelty. | 我也经历过家庭暴力 |
[32:15] | Sometimes it’s best to leave the past where it is. | 过去的就让它过去吧 |
[32:21] | I should check on the children. | 我去看看孩子们 |
[32:42] | You live here? | 你住这儿 |
[32:43] | This is a whorehouse. | 这可是妓院 |
[32:45] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[32:52] | You want a drink? | 喝一杯吗 |
[32:55] | Bourbon. | 波本 |
[32:58] | Two Bourbons, the real stuff. | 两杯波本 上等货 |
[33:15] | You got a straw back there? | 有没有吸管 |
[33:17] | A straw? | 吸管 |
[33:18] | The second drawer down– down. | 下面第二个抽屉有 下面 |
[33:25] | To the lost. | 为我们所失去的干杯 |
[33:35] | Again? | 再来一杯吗 |
[33:41] | You have a gun under your jacket. | 你还随身带了把枪 |
[33:44] | It’s a Colt 1903. | 是把柯尔特一九零三[美国枪] |
[33:48] | Mmm, I have one of those. | 这玩意我也有 |
[33:52] | And a Smith & Wesson Triple Lock… | 我还有一把史密斯威尔森[美国枪] |
[33:58] | a Roth-steyr, | 一把罗夫斯太尔[奥匈帝国手枪] |
[34:00] | a Webley.455, | 四五五韦伯利[英国手枪] |
[34:04] | a Mauser 1914– | 还有毛瑟一九一四[德国步枪] |
[34:07] | very small, mm, | 很小 |
[34:10] | Enfield 1917 30-06, | 还有恩菲尔德一九一七 三零零六型[美国步枪] |
[34:15] | telescopic sight– very accurate, | 它有瞄准器 非常精确 |
[34:18] | accurate to 700 yards. | 可观测七百码 |
[34:26] | But I like the Colt in the hand. | 不过我最喜欢柯尔特 |
[34:31] | How do you use yours? | 你拿这玩意做什么 |
[34:34] | How do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[34:36] | Oh– you use it to kill people. | 知道了 杀人 |
[34:44] | It’s very good for that. | 物尽其用 |
[34:50] | I want to introduce you to someone. | 给你介绍个妹子 |
[34:52] | Odette! | 奥黛特 |
[34:55] | Odette. | 奥黛特 |
[34:58] | Hi. | 你们好 |
[35:00] | This is Richard Harrow. | 这位是理查德·哈罗 |
[35:03] | He’s a friend of mine. He’s a war hero. | 我的朋友 是位战地英雄 |
[35:05] | He needs to know how grateful the nation is for his sacrifice. | 让他感受下 国家对他所作出牺牲的感谢 |
[35:09] | You’re a patriot, right? | 你是爱国者对吧 |
[35:15] | I’m whatever you want me to be. | 我会好好服侍您的 |
[35:23] | I’ll watch your things. | 我给你看着东西 |
[35:25] | I’ll watch them. It’s okay. | 我看着 没事 |
[35:27] | Come on, baby. | 来吧 亲爱的 |
[35:29] | I got a whole ticker-tape parade ready. | 我的房间张灯结彩地欢迎您呢 |
[35:33] | So now I’ve got the crazy blues | *我变得郁郁不乐* |
[35:39] | since my baby went away | *只因我的爱人离我远去* |
[35:43] | I ain’t got no time to lose… | *我只能终日浑浑噩噩* |
[35:46] | I’m sorry, Harry. I’m not following you. | 不好意思 哈利 我没听明白 |
[35:48] | International Reply Coupons. | 国际通用邮券 |
[35:51] | This Italian fella up in Boston buys’em in bulk, | 这个意大利人从波士顿批发过来 |
[35:54] | then sells’em here at face value, locking in his profit. | 再以面值价格售出 获利不少啊 |
[35:58] | Well, if it’s so easy, why doesn’t everyone do it? | 这么好赚钱 为什么大家不抢着去赚 |
[36:00] | All I know is he pays | 我只知道他在四十五天 |
[36:02] | 50% on your investment within 45 days. | 就能给出双倍的投资回报 |
[36:07] | I just re-upped third time in a row, the whole nest egg. | 我已经是第三次投资了 把积蓄全砸进去 |
[36:10] | I’ll let you know. | 我决定好了再通知你 |
[36:30] | Mr. White, say hello to Harry Price. | 怀特先生 来跟哈利·普莱斯打个招呼 |
[36:33] | Get a load of that. | 你也投资一笔吧 |
[36:35] | Chalky White– the proprietor. | 朝琪·怀特 这儿的经营者 |
[36:37] | Quite a place. | 你这地方不错啊 |
[36:39] | You people certainly are a lively bunch. | 大家好像都挺活跃的 |
[36:45] | So… | 对了 |
[36:48] | I met your boy. | 我见过你的人了 |
[36:50] | I’m sure you heard by now. | 我觉得有必要告诉你一声 |
[36:51] | – What? – Mr. Lewis– | -怎么了 -路易斯先生 |
[36:54] | That little kid you sent round with the bankroll to test me out. | 你派来资助我的小子 他怂恿我跟他单干 |
[36:57] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 不懂你的意思 |
[36:59] | That’s how it’s gonna be, huh? | 就知道你会这么说 |
[37:08] | Y’all have a good time. | 祝两位玩得愉快 |
[37:11] | Where the hell are our dates already? | 我们的姑娘在哪呢 |
[37:13] | Garcon, more giggle juice. | 服务员 再来杯酒 |
[37:16] | Right away, sir. | 马上 先生 |
[37:23] | And what were you boys gabbing about? | 你们在聊什么呢 |
[37:25] | Business, what else? | 聊生意呗 还能聊什么 |
[37:26] | What else is there? | 还有什么可聊的 |
[37:28] | – Politics. – His two favorite topics. | -政治 -他最喜欢聊这两个话题 |
[37:30] | – His only two. – That’s not true. | -唯一的两个话题 -不对吧 |
[37:33] | I’ll talk baseball anytime. | 我偶尔也聊聊棒球 |
[37:35] | Baseball fan, eh? I once owned a catcher’s mitt | 棒球迷是吧 我曾拿到过 |
[37:38] | signed by Hardy Richardson– my prize possession. | 哈迪·理查德森亲笔签名的手套 那是我的奖品 |
[37:43] | Come on, y’all. Get up off of your seats. | 大家都来呀 都站起来呀 |
[37:45] | Harry, let’s dance. | 哈利 去跳舞吧 |
[37:47] | I’m beat, doll. Let’s sit a while. | 我累死了 宝贝 坐着吧 |
[37:49] | You can sit later. | 待会儿再坐 |
[37:51] | You can even lie down if you want. | 待会儿躺着都可以 |
[37:54] | Well, I’ll certainly take you up on that offer. | 好吧 这个建议 我接受 |
[38:06] | Quite a couple. | 真是一对 |
[38:08] | A bit of a mismatch, you ask me. | 要我说 他们不配 |
[38:10] | She seems to like him. | 她看上去挺喜欢他的 |
[38:12] | She seemed to like the last one too. | 上一个她看上去也挺喜欢的 |
[38:18] | So you played baseball as a boy. | 你小时候打过棒球 |
[38:21] | Do you still have your mitt? | 你的棒球手套还在吗 |
[38:23] | What? | 什么 |
[38:24] | Oh, uh, no. It was stolen. | 没了 被偷了 |
[38:27] | That’s too bad. What happened? | 那太糟了 怎么一回事 |
[38:31] | Nothing. I don’t know. | 没什么 记不清了 |
[38:33] | A bunch of kids robbed it, beat me up. | 一群臭小子抢走了 还打了我一顿 |
[38:35] | My goodness. Were you hurt? | 老天 没打伤你吧 |
[38:41] | I don’t want to talk about it. | 我不想提这件事 |
[38:56] | Is it ready yet? | 药泡好了吗 |
[39:00] | Commodore, you barely ate nothin’. | 准将 您几乎没吃东西啊 |
[39:03] | My stomach’s on fire. | 我胃疼得难受 |
[39:05] | Jerry. | 杰里 |
[39:08] | Come here, god damn it. | 过来吃 |
[39:11] | That ain’t no proper food for a dog. | 这些东西不适合狗吃 |
[39:17] | Oh, Louanne, what the hell are you doing out there? | 露安 你在那儿磨蹭什么呀 |
[39:20] | Just a minute now. | 马上就好 |
[39:22] | Been near three months, Commodore, | 您胃疼都快三个月了 准将 |
[39:25] | and Dr. Surran said that maybe– | 苏林医生说可能您 |
[39:28] | Hey, I told you no doctors, damn it. | 我告诉过你 不要医生 |
[39:30] | Maybe you got worms. | 可能您肚子里有虫 |
[39:32] | Worms my ass. | 虫个屁 |
[39:34] | I’m dying. | 我要归西了 |
[39:35] | Now now, hush up with that. | 可不准您这么说 |
[39:38] | Nucky Thompson come by? | 努基·汤普森来过 |
[39:40] | No, sir, but he sent Mr. Boyd on by with your envelope. | 没有 先生 但他派博伊德先生来送了封信 |
[39:45] | He’s getting too big for his britches. | 狂妄自大的家伙 |
[39:47] | Mr. Boyd, sir? | 您说博伊德吗 |
[39:49] | Thompson, god damn it– | 汤普森 该死的东西 |
[39:51] | Sends one of his fat-assed minions. | 派个脑满肠肥的奴才糊弄我 |
[39:54] | I put the son of a bitch where he is, | 我帮那王八羔子成就了一番事业 |
[39:57] | and they put me in jail. | 为此还进了监狱 |
[39:59] | I left the envelope on your desk, Commodore. | 我把信封放您桌上了 准将 |
[40:04] | Oh, man. | 我的天 |
[40:11] | Jesus Christ, that’s awful. | 要命 真他妈难喝 |
[40:13] | You just lay down now. | 您快躺好休息吧 |
[40:15] | And I’ll make my porridge paste | 我去煮麦片粥 |
[40:17] | with the tea leaves and rub it on your belly. | 和着茶叶抹在您肚子上 |
[40:33] | “In these days of indigestion it is oftentimes a question | “关于消化不良的问题 |
[40:36] | as of what to eat and what to leave alone. | 关键在于什么该吃什么不该吃 |
[40:39] | Every microbe and bacillus | 各种细菌病毒 |
[40:41] | has a different way to kill us | 把我们的健康吞噬 |
[40:43] | and in time will claim us for their own. | 最终结束我们的生命 |
[40:46] | There are germs of every kind | 各种各样的细菌 |
[40:48] | in every food that you will find | 潜伏在各种各样的食物中 |
[40:49] | in the market or upon the bill of fare. | 他们见缝插针 无孔不入 |
[40:51] | Drinking water’s just as risky | 喝不干净的水 |
[40:53] | as the so-called deadly whiskey | 也就是我们所说的致命威士忌 |
[40:56] | and it’s often a mistake to breathe the air.” | 即使是呼吸空气 也变得有所顾忌” |
[41:01] | Bravo. | 真棒 |
[41:04] | Hooray! | 万岁 |
[41:07] | More coffee? | 再来点咖啡吗 |
[41:08] | No, thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[41:10] | – Can I be excused? – You may. | -我可以离开吗 -可以 |
[41:12] | – Me too, please. – Off you go. | -我也想 -去吧 |
[41:31] | I’ve been feeling regretful | 我很后悔之前 |
[41:32] | about something I said. | 说的一些话 |
[41:34] | I’m afraid I took some bad advice. | 我恐怕是听进了一些糟糕的建议 |
[41:37] | Oh? | 哦 |
[41:39] | In your house- your father’s house | 在你父亲家里 |
[41:42] | you began to tell me of your troubles | 你和我说了你的烦恼 |
[41:45] | and I was quite selfish. | 我当时太自私了 |
[41:49] | It’s all right. | 没关系 |
[41:51] | It’s not. | 有关系 |
[41:53] | I want you to confide in me, | 我希望你信任我 |
[41:55] | to feel safe in doing so. | 对我放心 |
[41:59] | We’re obviously intimate | 我们在很多事情上 |
[42:02] | in many ways, | 已经很亲密了 |
[42:04] | but I’d like you to feel | 但我希望你可以 |
[42:08] | that you can talk to me. | 对我畅所欲言 |
[42:15] | The baseball mitt– | 我的棒球手套 |
[42:17] | some kids stole it, so my father marched me down | 被别的孩子偷了 所以我父亲逼我找他们 |
[42:20] | and made me challenge them to a fight. | 要求我向他们宣战 |
[42:23] | There were four of them, years older than me. | 他们有四个人 都比我大 |
[42:27] | I got beaten unconscious | 我被打得不省人事 |
[42:29] | and was in the hospital for 11 days. | 在医院里住了十一天 |
[42:31] | That’s horrible. | 这太可怕了 |
[42:35] | Life can be that way. | 生活总有酸甜苦辣 |
[42:48] | Hello. | 你好 |
[42:49] | Who’s on the telephone? | 电话那头是谁 |
[42:51] | – A friend of Mr. Thompson’s. – Of course. | -汤普森先生的朋友 -当然 |
[42:53] | – Be quiet. – Come get me and we’ll drive over. | -别说话 -过来接我 我们开车过去 |
[42:56] | And give Fleming a call. I’m sure he’d like to see it. | 给弗莱明打个电话 他肯定想看看 |
[43:03] | My father’s house– it’s all done. | 我父亲的房子 都弄好了 |
[43:06] | Would you care to have a look? | 你想一起去看看吗 |
[43:08] | Oh, I’d love to, | 我很想去 |
[43:09] | but I need to put Emily down for her nap. | 但我得陪艾米莉去睡个小觉 |
[43:12] | – Can I come? – Mr. Thompson’s busy, dear. | -我能去吗 -汤普森先生很忙 |
[43:16] | Uncle Nucky. | 叫我努基叔叔 |
[43:18] | Get your coat, kiddo. | 去穿外套 小子 |
[43:52] | Remember me? | 记得我吗 |
[43:54] | Keep your hands on the table. | 手放桌上别乱动 |
[44:05] | The whore– Pearl– | 那个妓女 珍珠 |
[44:09] | I was just doing Sheridan’s bidding. | 我只是按谢立丹命令行事 |
[44:11] | Relax, I’m not gonna kill you. | 你放心 我不会杀你的 |
[44:16] | Did you serve, Liam, | 你参过军吗 利亚姆 |
[44:19] | in the war? | 参加过战争吗 |
[44:20] | I had rheumatic fever. | 那时我得了风湿热 |
[44:22] | Three years. | 战争持续了三年 |
[44:24] | France mostly. | 主要在法国境内 |
[44:30] | It’s almost impossible to describe the horror. | 战争的惨烈难以形容 |
[44:34] | It’s a living | 简直就是 |
[44:37] | waking nightmare. | 人世间的修罗场 |
[44:42] | There was a soldier– a German. | 当时有个德国士兵 |
[44:45] | Him and his men tried to attack our position | 带领他的部队袭击 |
[44:48] | in the Argonne Forest. | 我们在阿尔贡森林的驻地 |
[44:50] | It was nighttime. | 我记得是午夜时分 |
[44:52] | And while he was trying to climb through some barbed wire, | 他试图爬过铁丝网的时候 |
[44:55] | I shot him twice– | 我朝他开了两枪 |
[44:57] | Once in the stomach, once in the neck. | 一枪正中腹部 一枪在颈部 |
[45:00] | He slumped over the barbed wire. | 他立刻从铁丝网上跌下来 |
[45:02] | And no matter what he did to try and wriggle free, | 他想尽办法逃脱 |
[45:07] | it just got worse for him. | 但情况只是越来越糟 |
[45:09] | I left him there like that for days, | 我就那样把他留在那里几天 |
[45:13] | listening to him moaning, crying, | 任凭他呻吟 哭喊 |
[45:17] | “Mutti, mutti, mutti!” | “穆提 穆提 穆提” |
[45:20] | That’s German for “Mama, mama!” | 他说的是德语的”妈妈 妈妈” |
[45:23] | That’s what he kept saying. | 他就一直这样叫喊着 |
[45:25] | The curious thing is that despite the fact | 有意思的是 |
[45:30] | that his situation was utterly hopeless, | 不管处境有多绝望 |
[45:34] | he didn’t want to die. | 他都不想死 |
[45:36] | I offered to kill him several times, | 我几次提出想帮他了断 |
[45:38] | but he just kept fighting, | 但他一直坚持着 |
[45:42] | like some miracle would befall him | 好似相信某种奇迹会降临于他 |
[45:45] | and get him out of his predicament. | 能够帮他逃出困境 |
[45:48] | We hold on so desperately to life. | 我们不顾一切的求生 |
[45:51] | Some people feel, | 很多人觉得 |
[45:53] | certainly in that soldier’s situation, | 当然是在那个士兵的境遇下 |
[45:55] | that being alive is… | 苟延残喘 |
[45:58] | is much much worse. | 肯定更糟 |
[46:04] | I’m gonna go now. I don’t want to ever see you again. | 现在我要走了 我不想再见到你 |
[46:07] | You won’t. | 你不会再见到我了 |
[46:08] | May I offer you a glass of water, sir? | 需要给您倒杯水吗 先生 |
[46:15] | You’re very welcome. | 您太客气了 |
[46:21] | Oh, ladies, how are you doing? | 女士们 你们好 |
[46:48] | Oh, jeez. | 天呐 |
[47:28] | 人生中第一次 哲基尔意识到 自己的奴性本质 | |
[47:50] | 这意味着什么 屈服于魔鬼般的冲动 同时还保持着心灵的纯净 | |
[48:34] | Pretty amazing, huh, pop? | 真棒 是吗 爸爸 |
[48:39] | Can you believe it’s the same place? | 难以置信这还是那个地方 |
[48:41] | What’s he doing here? | 你带他来这儿干什么 |
[48:43] | I wanted him to see it all fixed up. | 我想让他看看这里焕然一新的样子 |
[48:45] | Well, he’s seen it. Now get out. | 看也看完了 现在你们走吧 |
[48:57] | You may think you’re king, | 也许你觉得自己已经是一方霸主了 |
[48:59] | but you’re not worth a goddamn. | 但其实你狗屁不值 |
[49:06] | Yeah, get me out of here. | 走吧 我不在这儿碍眼了 |
[49:40] | Go wait in the car. | 去车里等我 |