时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | For most people, | 通常来说 |
[00:07] | a burrito is a delicious meal wrapped in a tortilla | 墨西哥卷饼是包在玉米饼里的美食 |
[00:10] | but for one NYPD officer, | 但是对纽约警局的一位警员而言 |
[00:12] | it turned out to be a mouse wrapped in a nightmare. | 它变成了包在噩梦里的老鼠 |
[00:15] | So I order a grande steak. | 我点了一大份肉排 |
[00:16] | I get back to my car, take a big bite, and crunch. | 回到车里 咬了一口 开始嚼 |
[00:18] | That’s when I see it– a dead mouse. | 就在这时 我看见了一只死老鼠 |
[00:20] | A dead mouse | 这只死老鼠 |
[00:21] | that Frank O’Sullivan, the President of the Patrolman’s Union, | 据Frank O’Sullivan 巡警工会主席 |
[00:24] | says was put there on purpose. | 声称是有意为之 |
[00:26] | This was an act of political violence | 这是一桩政治暴力行为 |
[00:28] | organized by a group of radical anti-cop Antifa anarchists | 由一帮激进的反警察极左反法西斯主义的无政府主义者组织 |
[00:33] | working out of The Burrito Haven. | 在”卷饼天堂”实施 |
[00:34] | This is bogus. | 一派胡言 |
[00:36] | The officer called in a to-go order under the name Tom. | 这个警官下了份外带订单 用的名字是Tom |
[00:39] | The restaurant had no idea he was a cop | 餐馆不知道他是警察 |
[00:41] | when they made the food or packed the bag. | 无论是制作食物还是打包的时候 |
[00:43] | So, clearly, he wasn’t targeted for “Being a police officer.” | 所以很明显 他不是”因为身为警察”才被针对 |
[00:46] | I’ve always wanted to try mouse meat. | 我一直想尝尝老鼠肉 |
[00:48] | – I hear it’s really tasty. – From who? | – 听说很美味 – 听谁说的 |
[00:50] | The union made it up as a power move. | 工会编造这些作为攻势 |
[00:52] | O’Sullivan wants me to | O’Sullivan想让我 |
[00:53] | issue a statement of public support for the officer, | 发表公开支持该警员的声明 |
[00:56] | to give them all extra hazard pay | 向他们所有人发放额外危险津贴 |
[00:57] | and to wear this Never Forget Burrito ribbon. | 还要带上”勿忘卷饼”丝带 |
[01:00] | Weird. It’s the exact same color | 怪了 丝带的颜色 |
[01:02] | as my Color Blind Awareness ribbon. | 和我的”勿忘色盲”的丝带颜色一样 |
[01:03] | No, it isn’t. | 不 不一样 |
[01:04] | I won’t give in to any of their demands. | 我不会向他们的任何要求妥协 |
[01:06] | The union is powerful, | 工会很强大 |
[01:07] | but I’m sure that most of our uniformed officers understand | 但我相信我们大部分的制服警员都明白 |
[01:09] | this incident is nonsense. | 这起事故就是一出无稽之谈 |
[01:11] | It is, as Peralta would say, “No big ‘whoop.'” | 按Peralta的话讲 没什么可”呜呼”的 |
[01:14] | I appreciate the shout-out, sir, | 谢谢您引用我的话 长官 |
[01:16] | but I actually don’t pronounce the H in whoop. | 但我说的是”呜呜”不会带”呼”的 |
[01:18] | Sir, all the uniformed officers just left. | 长官 所有的制服警员都走了 |
[01:21] | They’re staging a walkout. | 他们在发动罢工 |
[01:22] | Well, it seems I was wrong. | 好吧 看来我错了 |
[01:25] | The “Whoop” Is big after all. | 这”呜呼”有够大的 |
[01:28] | It is. | 确实 |
[01:29] | Again, though, there’s no H in whoop. | 但我还要提醒 不是”呜呼” |
[01:32] | It’s silent. | 没有”呼” |
[01:33] | “Whoop.” | “呜呼” |
[01:35] | – Whoop. – “Whoop.” | – 呜呜 – “呜呼” |
[01:36] | Am I crazy? How do you say it? | 我疯了吗 你怎么说的 |
[01:38] | – I say “Whoop.” – Okay. | – 我说”呼呜呼” – 好吧 |
[01:59] | How is it possible that | 怎么可能 |
[02:01] | every single uniformed officer got sick at once? | 所有制服警员都同时生病了 |
[02:04] | They’re not actually sick. | 他们不是真的病了 |
[02:05] | They aren’t actually allowed to strike, | 他们的罢工没有得到批准 |
[02:06] | so they made up a medical excuse. | 所以他们就用生病当托辞 |
[02:08] | It’s called a Blue Flu. | 这就叫”蓝衣流感” |
[02:09] | Without uniforms on the street, crime’s gonna go up. | 街上没有巡警巡逻 犯罪率就会上升 |
[02:11] | Do we have to negotiate with the union? | 我们必须要和工会谈判吗 |
[02:13] | No. I haven’t gone through decades of hell | 不 我熬过数十年地狱般的生活 |
[02:15] | to become a captain in the NYPD | 终于当上了一名纽约警局的警监 |
[02:17] | just to cave to a clown like O’Sullivan. | 可不是为了向O’Sullivan这样的小丑屈服的 |
[02:19] | We can’t let him win, and we won’t. | 我们不会也不能让他们取胜 |
[02:21] | But how? What are we gonna do? | 但怎么才能不屈服 我们要怎么做 |
[02:22] | I’m initiating Operation Trident. | 我要发起三叉戟行动 |
[02:24] | Cool. Just like the sugarless gum– | 棒极了 就像三叉戟牌的无糖口香糖 |
[02:26] | because we’re gonna chew them up. | 因为我们要把他们嚼碎 |
[02:27] | No, like the famed weapon of the sea, | 不 像著名的海中兵器 |
[02:30] | forged by the Cyclops for Poseidon himself. | 独眼巨人为波塞冬铸造的 |
[02:33] | The trident has three prongs, like my approach. | 三叉戟有三根刺 就像我的计划 |
[02:35] | Ah, not to interrupt, | 不是为了抬杠 |
[02:37] | but Aquaman’s trident has five prongs. | 但是海王的三叉戟有五根刺 |
[02:39] | That’s absurd. The prefix tri means three. | 荒谬 三叉戟的三是指数字三 |
[02:42] | What this aquatic-man carries is better termed a “Pentadent.” | 这个所谓海里人拿的应该叫”五叉戟” |
[02:45] | No, it’s a trident. | 不 就叫三叉戟 |
[02:46] | They call it that in the original theatrical release | 一开始的院线版里 大家是这么叫的 |
[02:48] | and the Snyder cut. | 扎导版也是这样叫的 |
[02:49] | So you’re 100% wrong, and everyone’s laughing at you. | 所以你百分百错了 所有人都会嘲笑你 |
[02:51] | Well, regardless, Operation Trident has three prongs. | 好吧 不管怎样 三叉戟计划有三根刺 |
[02:54] | Prong one, Boyle and Peralta. | 第一刺 Boyle和Peralta |
[02:56] | Oh, nice, the most important prong. | 好极了 最重要的刺 |
[02:58] | – Mm-hmm. – Wrong. | – 嗯哼 – 错 |
[02:58] | Prong two, the center prong, | 第二刺 中间那根 |
[02:59] | is the most important prong on a trident. | 才是三叉戟上最重要的刺 |
[03:01] | It’s the longest and straightest and breaks the least often. | 最长最直 且最不易折断 |
[03:05] | Are you just mad because | 你生气是因为 |
[03:05] | I questioned you about the Aquaman thing? | 我用海王的事情质疑你吗 |
[03:07] | Yes. | 没错 |
[03:07] | The officers all had doctor’s notes. | 警员们都有医生开的假条 |
[03:09] | Prove those notes are fraudulent, | 证明这些假条是伪造的 |
[03:10] | and they’ll be forced back to work. | 他们就必须回来工作 |
[03:12] | We’re on it. | 我们会弄清楚的 |
[03:13] | Prong two– jeffords and Santiago, | 第二刺 Jeffords和Santiago |
[03:14] | your job is to keep crime down. | 你们的任务是保证犯罪率不上升 |
[03:17] | Figure out how we police this precinct with no police. | 想出没有警员也能管理好分局的办法 |
[03:19] | Prong two, baby– the best prong. | 第二刺 亲爱的 最强的刺 |
[03:21] | I mean, we’re all in it together. | 我说 我们得齐心协力 |
[03:23] | It’s not like this is a competition between prongs. | 又不是说各根刺之间要比赛 |
[03:25] | Says the prong who breaks the most. | 最常断的刺才会这么说 |
[03:27] | Prong three is proving they faked the mouse in the burrito. | 第三刺的任务是证明卷饼里的老鼠是伪造的 |
[03:30] | If we can demonstrate this was a media stunt, | 如果我们能证明这只是一场媒体噱头 |
[03:32] | the uniforms will have to come back to work. | 制服警员就必须回来工作 |
[03:34] | But this investigation must be done unofficially | 但是这项调查必须以非官方的方式进行 |
[03:37] | with an investigator from outside the NYPD, | 由纽约警局之外的调查者实施 |
[03:39] | aka Rosa Diaz. | 也就是Rosa Diaz |
[03:41] | It’s a good idea, | 主意挺好的 |
[03:42] | but she’s not gonna like being one of those dinky side prongs. | 但她可不会喜欢充当不起眼的侧边刺 |
[03:45] | That’s a good point. I’ll make hers the sharpest. Dismissed. | 有道理 我会让她当最锋利的刺 散会 |
[03:48] | What? No! I want to be a sharp prong! | 什么 不 我想当锋利的刺 |
[03:50] | That’s not fair! | 这不公平 |
[03:51] | All these notes are from the same doctor. | 所有假条都是同一个医生开的 |
[03:54] | Everyone got a blood test, and they all had mono. | 每个人都做了血检 都有腺热病 |
[03:56] | That seems really improbable. | 太不可思议了 |
[03:57] | Yeah, nobody gets mono at this age. | 是啊 没有人会在这个年纪得腺热病 |
[03:59] | You get it as an eight-year-old, and then you’re immune. | 八岁才会得这种病 然后你就有免疫力了 |
[04:01] | Wait, you get it as an eight-year-old? | 等等 你八岁的时候得了这病吗 |
[04:02] | Mono? The kissing disease? | 腺热病 接吻病 |
[04:04] | No, it’s the cousin’s disease. | 不 是表亲病 |
[04:05] | You get it by kissing your cousins. | 因为和表亲接吻得这种病 |
[04:06] | – Oh, I guess we’re both right. – No. | – 我们说得都对 – 才不 |
[04:09] | Wait a minute– if you’re immune, | 等会儿 如果你免疫了 |
[04:11] | then you can tell the doctor you’re from the Nine-Nine, | 你可以告诉医生你是99分局的 |
[04:13] | and when he gives you a mono diagnosis… | 他诊断你得了腺热病的话 |
[04:15] | We’ll have proof that his notes are fake. | 我们就可以证明他开的假条是假的了 |
[04:17] | Wow. I can’t believe all those lazy childhood afternoons | 哇哦 难以想象悠闲的童年午后 |
[04:20] | playing hide the yam finally paid off. | 玩儿的”藏山药”小游戏有回报了 |
[04:25] | – You see, you take a yam– – I don’t want to know! | – 就是把山药放进你的 – 我不想知道 |
[04:27] | Prong two update– | 第二刺任务汇报 |
[04:28] | I brought in our night-shift detectives | 我让我们的夜班警探们 |
[04:30] | to handle the dispatch calls and respond to major crimes– | 处理调度电话并对重罪作出响应 |
[04:35] | Sorry. That’s Terry’s tummy. | 抱歉 是Terry的肚肚 |
[04:37] | I’m feeling a little nauseous. | 我有点儿恶心 |
[04:38] | Must’ve been something I had for breakfast. | 可能是因为早餐吃的东西 |
[04:40] | Well, do you have to go home, or can you tough it out? | 那你是要回家呢 还是能坚持撑下去 |
[04:42] | So, if Terry goes home, he’s not tough? | 如果Terry回家的话 就不坚强了吗 |
[04:44] | Here we go. | 又开始了 |
[04:45] | Lieutenant, we don’t have the time today to | 警督 我们今天没有时间 |
[04:46] | make this about some larger insecurity | 讨论你对自己坚强的 |
[04:48] | you have regarding your toughness. | 越来越严重的不确信感 |
[04:50] | First of all, I’m not insecure about my toughness. | 第一 我没有对自己的坚强感到不确信 |
[04:52] | Secondly, being sick has nothing to do with being tough. | 第二 生病和坚强没有关系 |
[04:56] | Thirdly, if I wasn’t tough, | 第三 如果我不坚强 |
[04:58] | would I be daring Amy to punch me in the stomach? | 我怎么敢让Amy打我的胃 |
[05:01] | – What – Come on, Amy! Give me your best shot! | – 什么 – 快点儿 Amy 用尽全力 |
[05:03] | Fine. Just so that we can move on. | 好吧 让我们赶紧结束这个话题 |
[05:10] | See? I’m fine. | 看 我很好 |
[05:12] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, | 现在 失陪了 |
[05:13] | I’m gonna go for a walk in the fresh air | 我要去在新鲜空气里散步 |
[05:15] | with my best friend, the trash can. | 和我最好的朋友 垃圾桶 |
[05:18] | I’ll be back ’cause I’m tough! | 我会回来的 因为我很坚强 |
[05:21] | Let’s talk quickly before he returns | 趁他回来之前我们赶紧讨论 |
[05:22] | and makes this all about himself again. | 不然又要听他喋喋不休自说自话 |
[05:23] | Okay. We can’t use uniforms from other precincts | 好的 我们不能调用其他警局的制服警员 |
[05:26] | because they’ll call out sick, too. | 因为他们也会请病假 |
[05:27] | So I asked the other captains in the district | 所以我向本警区的其他警监 |
[05:29] | to lend us some detectives. | 借调了一些警探 |
[05:31] | Smart. They have a different union. | 聪明 他们属于不同工会 |
[05:32] | And they each sent us two people. | 他们每人给我们派了两位警官 |
[05:33] | They said they were happy to do it. | 他们说很乐意帮我们 |
[05:35] | Huh. That’s odd. | 哈 这就有点奇怪 |
[05:37] | I wouldn’t be happy to give up two of my detectives, unless– | 我就不会愿意交出两名警探 除非 |
[05:40] | Dear God. | 我的苍天大老爷啊 |
[05:42] | They sent us their Hitchcock-and-Scullys. | 他们把他们那的Hitchcock和Scully派来了 |
[05:44] | It’s a nightmare. | 简直是噩梦 |
[05:46] | So you’ve been feeling fatigued? | 所以你近来都觉得很累 |
[05:47] | Yeah. I think I have mono. | 是的 我觉得我得了腺热病 |
[05:49] | I’m from the 99th precinct. | 我来自99分局 |
[05:51] | Ah, yeah, I’ve heard they’ve had some kind of outbreak there. | 啊 对 我听说这个病在99分局爆发了 |
[05:53] | Mm-hmm. So now that you know where I’m from, | 嗯哼 那既然你知道了我哪儿来的 |
[05:56] | can you just write me a note? | 你能给我开个病假证明吗 |
[05:57] | Uh, no, actually, I need to order bloodwork | 不好意思 我必须得抽血 |
[05:59] | and do a full exam. | 做个全套检查 |
[06:01] | – Lift up. – Oh, yeah. | – 衣服撩起来 – 好 |
[06:02] | Oh. Now, that is interesting. | 这就有意思了 |
[06:04] | Oh, did you find a sign of mono? | 你发现了腺热病的症状吗 |
[06:06] | – No, it’s your testicle. – My what? | – 不是 是你的睾丸 – 我的什么 |
[06:08] | The left one is enormous. | 左边的睾丸太大了 |
[06:10] | Oh, well, can’t one testicle be larger than the other? | 好吧 难道一个睾丸不能比另一个大吗 |
[06:12] | Well, yes, but it shouldn’t be that large. | 也不是不可以 但是不应该大这么多 |
[06:15] | And also of concern is the shape and the color… | 还值得注意的是它的形状和颜色 |
[06:18] | Yeah, that doesn’t sound good. | 好吧 这听起来不太对 |
[06:19] | And the texture. | 还有它的手感 |
[06:20] | Wow! Oh, that is ice cold! | 哇 这也太冰凉了 |
[06:25] | – So… – So… | – 所以 – 所以 |
[06:27] | – You heard all that? – I did. | – 你全都听到了 – 是的 |
[06:29] | Even the part where he’s talking about my huge– | 那部分也听到了吗 他说我巨大的 |
[06:30] | Yep. Yep, yep, yep. All the parts. | 对对对 所有部分都 |
[06:34] | – You okay? – Yeah. | – 你还好吗 – 还行 |
[06:35] | I mean, could be cancer. Might have spread. | 可能是癌症 有可能会扩散 |
[06:37] | But I’m fine. I can handle this. | 不过我还好 我能解决这些 |
[06:39] | You sure about that? | 你确定吗 |
[06:40] | ‘Cause you’re still wearing your hospital gown there, bud. | 因为你还穿着你的检查服呢 兄弟 |
[06:44] | So I am. | 确实 |
[06:47] | Ah, there she is. | 啊 她来了 |
[06:48] | My sweet secret prong three. | 我的秘密甜心第三叉 |
[06:51] | – What the hell? – Oh, right. | – 什么鬼 – 对了 |
[06:52] | You weren’t there when I explained Operation Trident. | 我解释三叉戟行动的时候你不在这 |
[06:54] | So, uh, what did you find? | 所以你发现了啥 |
[06:55] | Nothing yet, and if you want me o keep digging, | 暂无发现 如果你还想我继续调查下去 |
[06:57] | we need to talk about my fee. | 那我们得聊聊我的报酬了 |
[06:59] | I need cash. Most of my other work is pro bono. | 我要现金 我其他工作大部分都无偿 |
[07:00] | This is unofficial. I can’t pay. | 这是私下调查 我没办法付钱 |
[07:02] | Right, but there is something you can give me, | 对 不过你能给我提供其他的东西 |
[07:04] | something just as valuable as money. | 和钱一样有价值的东西 |
[07:06] | – I want to see your tattoo. – That’s just as valuable? | – 我想看看你的纹身 – 这和钱一样有价值 |
[07:09] | It is to Jake. He’s offered a significant reward. | 对Jake来说是的 他会给我重金报酬的 |
[07:11] | Wow. It is so ridiculous how much weight | 哇 你这么看重我的愚蠢纹身 |
[07:14] | you’ve all given to my silly tattoo, | 真的有点荒谬了 |
[07:16] | like it’s some huge secret that I’ll take to my grave. | 搞得像我会把纹身这个秘密带进坟墓一样 |
[07:18] | I notice you haven’t said yes yet. | 我发现你还没答应我 |
[07:19] | Cause no one can ever know. | 因为没人能知道这事 |
[07:21] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 |
[07:22] | If you can prove how that mouse got into that burrito, | 如果你能证明那只老鼠是怎么钻进墨西哥卷饼里的 |
[07:26] | I’ll tell you what my tattoo is. | 我就告诉你我的纹身是什么 |
[07:27] | – I need a photo of it. – You’re a monster. | – 我要你纹身的照片 – 你就是魔鬼 |
[07:29] | Wait. I may not have to deal with you. | 等等 或许我不必和你协商了 |
[07:31] | Santiago, how’s prong two looking? | Santiago 第二叉怎么样 |
[07:33] | Well, the good news | 好吧 好消息是 |
[07:34] | is the Scully-and-Hitchcocks actually work well together. | Scully和Hitchcock们居然一起工作得很不错 |
[07:36] | That is good news. | 确实好消息 |
[07:37] | The bad news is it’s at making a back-scratch circle. | 坏消息是他们组成了一个互挠后背小组 |
[07:40] | I always wondered what it would be like | 我一直都想知道 有一群关系紧密的工作家人 |
[07:42] | to have a tight-knit work family. | 是什么样的体验 |
[07:43] | – Nine-Nine! – Nine-Nine! | – 99分局万岁 – 99分局万岁 |
[07:46] | Ah, there they are– prong one, | 啊 他们来了 第一叉 |
[07:49] | my most important prong. | 我最重要的叉 |
[07:51] | Oh, thank you. Nice of you to finally recognize | 谢谢你 很开心你意识到了 |
[07:53] | what our prong brings to this. | 我们这一叉的价值 |
[07:54] | Life is a cruel prank played on the living. | 生命就是对世人的一场残酷恶作剧 |
[07:58] | Death mocks us all. | 死亡无情地嘲弄着我们 |
[08:00] | Time to go tell me son he’ll be an orphan… again. | 是时候告诉我的儿子 他又将成为孤儿了 |
[08:04] | So, yeah. Prong one pretty much broke immediately. | 好吧 第一叉是真的很容易折断 |
[08:06] | I’m gonna call HR. Get ahead of that butt. | 我得给HR打电话 在他们得知有个屁股裸奔前 |
[08:10] | Here’s where we stand. The Blue Flu continues. | 这是我们目前所处的局面 “蓝衣流感”仍在继续 |
[08:13] | O’Sullivan and the union won’t budge | O’Sullivan和工会不会让步 |
[08:14] | on their mouse-burrito demands. | 特别在是他们的”老鼠-墨西哥卷饼”要求上 |
[08:16] | Also, arrests are down. | 同时 抓捕率在下降 |
[08:18] | Santiago, Jeffords, what on earth happened yesterday? | Santiago和Jeffords 昨天到底发生了什么 |
[08:21] | The new detectives won’t do anything I ask. | 新来的警探完全不听我的命令 |
[08:23] | – And I’ve had to work solo. – Sorry. | – 我只能独自工作 – 抱歉 |
[08:25] | I was feeling a little sick, but I am much better now. | 我那时候有点不舒服 现在好多了 |
[08:28] | You look like garbage. | 你看起来像一堆垃圾 |
[08:30] | Now, I know you’re trying to tough this out, | 我知道你现在想要坚强地撑过去 |
[08:32] | but I’ve always believed that true toughness | 但我一直相信真正的坚强 |
[08:34] | means acknowledging your own limitations. | 就是认识到自己的极限 |
[08:36] | It’s okay, Terry. Go home. | 没关系的 Terry 回家吧 |
[08:38] | Thank you, sir. I’ll be back in a jiffy. | 谢谢你 长官 我马上就会回来的 |
[08:42] | I can’t believe he bought that drivel. | 我不敢相信他居然信了那种蠢话 |
[08:44] | True toughness means working through pain. | 真正的坚强意味着捱过痛苦 |
[08:46] | Everyone knows that. | 这是众所周知的 |
[08:47] | Peralta, where are we with the doctor? | Peralta 医生目前进展如何 |
[08:49] | We’re gonna tail him and see if he contacts O’Sullivan. | 我们会盯着他 看他是否和O’Sullivan联系 |
[08:51] | Smart. And, uh, what is going on with Detective Boyle? | 不错 还有 Boyle警探怎么了 |
[08:54] | Is he okay? | 他还好吗 |
[08:55] | Oh, you mean why is he face-deep in cheese? | 哦 你是说他为什么埋头吃这个奶酪 |
[08:56] | Yeah, it’s made from the milk of a Balkan donkey | 对 这块奶酪是巴尔干半岛的驴奶做的 |
[08:59] | and apparently it’s quite expensive. | 所以显然很昂贵 |
[09:01] | Spent 12 thou on ass cheese. | 花了一万二在这个傻逼(屁眼)奶酪上 |
[09:03] | Also, he’s pretending like | 还有 他还假装 |
[09:04] | he doesn’t know what ass cheese sounds like. | 不知道傻逼(屁眼)奶酪听起来是什么样 |
[09:06] | Are you sure he should be working? | 你确定他应该继续工作吗 |
[09:07] | His doctor said there’s nothing to worry about | 他的医生说没什么可担心的 |
[09:09] | until we get the actual test results back. | 等我们拿到了确切的测验结果再说 |
[09:10] | And Charles said that work is the only thing | Charles说 只有工作 |
[09:12] | keeping him from thinking about death. | 能让他不去想死亡 |
[09:14] | Coat’s to keep me warm… | 大衣是用来给我保暖的 |
[09:16] | in my grave. | 在我的坟墓里 |
[09:20] | I mean, he’s not doing great. | 他也不算非常好吧 |
[09:22] | Oh, you guys still have lunch together? | 你们还是一起吃午饭吗 |
[09:24] | Twice a day, every day. | 一天两次 每天都吃 |
[09:26] | Look, I need help figuring out | 听着 我得想出办法来 |
[09:27] | how to inspire these new guys. | 激励这些新人 |
[09:29] | What motivates you? | 什么能激励你 |
[09:30] | Well, I’d do anything to retire | 好吧 我会竭尽全力 让自己退休 |
[09:32] | and spend the rest of my days with Hitchcock in Brazil. | 然后余生都在巴西陪着Hitchcock |
[09:34] | Huh. That’s actually pretty helpful. | 哈 确实很有帮助 |
[09:36] | That’s the dream– | 我的梦想 |
[09:37] | Scully and me on the sex barge I’m building. | 我和Scully一起在我造的色情轮船上 |
[09:39] | Okay. Scully was already helpful. | 好了 Scully已经很有帮助了 |
[09:41] | You don’t have to keep talking. | 你没必要继续说了 |
[09:42] | These are pedometers, | 这些是计步器 |
[09:43] | which will prove that you’re actually walking your beat. | 用以证明你们确实有在巡逻 |
[09:47] | But whoever gets the most steps in | 但走路步数最多的人 |
[09:49] | will receive seven days of overtime. | 会得到一周的加班时间 |
[09:52] | Therefore, you’ll be one week closer to retirement. | 这样 你离退休就更近一周了 |
[09:56] | And one week closer to a couple’s massage | 同时 还离一套情侣按摩 |
[09:59] | with your best friend on his sex barge. | 和你最好的朋友一起 在他的色情轮船上 也更近一周了 |
[10:05] | Sir, guess what. | 长官 猜猜怎么了 |
[10:06] | Lieutenant, I thought you went home. | 警督 我以为你回家了 |
[10:07] | I did, but some uniforms heard that I called out sick, | 我回了 但是一些制服警官听说我因病休息 |
[10:10] | and they assumed I was joining the Blue Flu. | 以为我加入了”蓝衣流感” |
[10:12] | They invited me to a meeting tomorrow to talk strategy. | 他们邀请我明天参加一场会议 一起讨论策略 |
[10:15] | You could go record them | 你正好可以录下来 |
[10:16] | admitting that they don’t actually have mono. | 以此证明他们并没有得什么腺热病 |
[10:18] | – That is, if you’re up to it. – Hell, yeah. | – 如果你想这么做的话 – 当然 |
[10:20] | Terry’s gonna tough it out. | Terry会坚强撑过去 |
[10:22] | Terry’s also gonna drink some raspberry leaf tea | Terry也会喝点覆盆子叶茶 |
[10:24] | that Sharon uses to help her with menstrual cramps. | Sharon通常用它们治痛经 |
[10:27] | Oh, looks like we’re adding a prong. | 哦 看起来我们又加了一个叉 |
[10:28] | Operation Trident is now Operation Fork. | 三叉戟行动现在应该叫叉子(四叉)行动了 |
[10:32] | Isn’t there a cooler word than “Fork”? | 应该还有很多词比”叉子”更酷一些吧 |
[10:34] | I mean, something more like “Trident.” | 比如 更像是”三叉戟”这样子的词 |
[10:35] | Oh, no, did everyone assume I was trying to be cool | 哦不 难道大家都觉得我是在装酷 |
[10:37] | Is that why things are going so poorly? | 所以这一切进展都很糟糕吗 |
[10:39] | Damn it, I’ve got to call Peralta. | 该死 我得去给Peralta打个电话 |
[10:41] | No, Operation Fork is definitely not cool. | 不 叉子行动一点也不酷 |
[10:44] | Uh, yeah, things are going good here. | 对 事情进展很不错 |
[10:46] | We’re just staking out the doctor | 我们在跟踪那个医生 |
[10:48] | and trying to keep a low profile. | 尽量保持低调 |
[10:49] | *And I’ll be your crying–* | *我会成为你哭泣时可依靠的* |
[10:53] | Sorry about that. Just had a bit of a noisy neighbor. | 抱歉 有个邻居有点吵 |
[10:56] | *I’ll be–* | *我会成为* |
[10:57] | You know what, sir? | 谁能想到呢 长官 |
[10:58] | We have another noisy neighbor. | 我们还有另一个吵闹的邻居 |
[10:59] | I’m just gonna call you back. Bye. | 我等下再打给你 再见 |
[11:01] | All right, Charles, I get it. You’re scared. | 好了 Charles 我明白的 你很害怕 |
[11:03] | But sometimes it helps to say our fears out loud. | 但有时大声说出我们的恐惧是很有所帮助的 |
[11:06] | You know, if you put words to them, | 你知道 如果你用话语来描述它们 |
[11:08] | it can take away some of their powers. | 就能削弱它们的部分威力 |
[11:09] | So come on. | 振作起来 |
[11:10] | Stop bottling up those fears and get them out in the open. | 不要压抑那些恐惧 把它们释放出来 |
[11:15] | Okay, well… | 那 好吧 |
[11:18] | I’m scared that whatever’s in my testicle has spread | 我害怕我睾丸里的问题已经在我体内扩散 |
[11:21] | and that I’m gonna die. | 我快要死了 |
[11:23] | And then I’ll never get to see Nikolaj grow up. | 那样我就再也看不到Nikolaj长大了 |
[11:26] | And I won’t know what kind of man he becomes. | 我也不知道他会变成什么样的人 |
[11:29] | Also, my time with you will be cut short. | 还有 我和你在一起的时间也会缩短 |
[11:32] | No more stakeouts or drinks after a long shift | 我们再也不能一起去盯梢或者漫长值班后去喝一杯 |
[11:35] | or midnight calls when you’ve had a breakthrough in a case. | 或者你在案子上有了突破时半夜给我打电话 |
[11:39] | I’ve always had this image of us in our 90s | 我一直想象着90多岁的我们 |
[11:41] | hunting down criminals at the retirement home. | 在养老院追捕罪犯 |
[11:44] | But I guess that was just a dumb fantasy… | 但我想那只能是一个愚蠢的幻想罢了 |
[11:48] | because soon I won’t be here anymore… | 因为很快我就不在了 |
[11:51] | because I’ll be dead and gone | 因为我已经死了 |
[11:52] | and you won’t ever see me again. | 你再也见不到我了 |
[11:56] | – Jake, are you crying? – No. | – Jake 你在哭吗 – 才没有 |
[12:00] | Yes. | 是的 |
[12:04] | Diaz, why the hush-hush meeting? | Diaz 为什么要开秘密会议 |
[12:06] | Because in one minute, | 因为一分钟后 |
[12:07] | you’re gonna be showing me your tramp stamp. | 你要给我看你的荡妇印记(腰背部的纹身) |
[12:09] | – I don’t have a tramp stamp. – Prove it. | – 我没有荡妇印记 – 证明给我看 |
[12:10] | Show me your lower back. | 给我看你的后腰 |
[12:13] | Hmm. Seems I didn’t know what a tramp stamp was. | 原来荡妇印记不是我以为的那个东西 |
[12:15] | But I’m not gonna show you anything | 但在你破案之前 |
[12:17] | until you’ve solved the case. | 我是什么都不会给你看的 |
[12:18] | Surveillance footage of McCaffery | 有监控录像证明 |
[12:19] | entering a pet store and buying a mouse | McCaffery在事发前一小时 |
[12:21] | an hour before he found it in his burrito. | 进了一家宠物店并买了一只老鼠 |
[12:23] | He set the whole thing up. | 整件事都是他凭空捏造的 |
[12:25] | Diaz, you did it. | Diaz 你做到了 |
[12:27] | And now… | 现在 |
[12:29] | my payment. | 我要收款了 |
[12:31] | Okay, O’Sullivan, there’s McCaffery | 好了 O’Sullivan 这里显示McCaffery |
[12:33] | coming out of Perdue Pet Supplies | 从Perdue宠物用品店里走出来 |
[12:35] | with the mouse that he put in the burrito. | 手上拿着那只被他放卷饼里的老鼠 |
[12:37] | So there’s no need for tactical gear | 因此 咱也不需要弄什么战术装备 |
[12:39] | or a Never Forget Burrito ribbon or any of that. | 或者什么”勿忘卷饼”丝带之类的东西了 |
[12:42] | You need to call off the Blue Flu. | 你必须叫停这场”蓝衣流感” |
[12:43] | Are you crazy? My guys are under attack. | 你疯了吗 我的手足们正在经受袭击 |
[12:45] | No, I just proved that it wasn’t an attack. | 并不是 我才证明了这件事不是一场袭击 |
[12:47] | He faked it. | 他凭空捏造的 |
[12:48] | Not that attack, this attack– | 我说的不是那场袭击 是这次袭击 |
[12:49] | the one where you call a policeman a liar. | 你正在指控一名警察为骗子 |
[12:52] | He is a liar. | 他就是个骗子啊 |
[12:52] | Oh, dear, my God. You just did it again. | 我的老天儿 你又来了 |
[12:54] | Do you understand the worst thing you could do | 你知不知道 你对别人做的极恶之事 |
[12:56] | to another person is to call that person a liar? | 就是说别人是个骗子 |
[12:59] | You hate cops. That’s a fact. | 你憎恨警察 这就是事实 |
[13:01] | I-I-I just thought | 我 我 我本以为 |
[13:03] | the Blue Flu was about a mouse in a burrito. | “蓝衣流感”是因为老鼠卷饼而起的 |
[13:05] | Well, it was, but now it’s about you saying it wasn’t. | 本来是这样的 但现在就是因为你否定了它 |
[13:08] | – That doesn’t make any sense. – So you’re calling me stupid? | – 这一点都不合理 – 你是在说我笨咯 |
[13:10] | – That’s not what I said! – You’re calling me a liar? | – 我没这么说 – 你说我是骗子咯 |
[13:11] | I just don’t know how to talk to someone like you. | 我真是不知道该怎么跟你这种人说话了 |
[13:13] | Someone like me? | 我这种人 |
[13:15] | Wow. That’s racist. | 哇 种族歧视啊 |
[13:17] | Oh, this is a very frustrating conversation. | 噢 这可真是一场令人气馁的对话 |
[13:23] | The union can’t be reasoned with. | 工会那边简直是无法沟通 |
[13:25] | I need an update. Prong one? | 我需要你们的汇报 第一叉 |
[13:27] | More broken than ever. | 从来没有这么脆弱过 |
[13:28] | Ah, well, I never had any faith in you anyway. | 行吧 反正我本来也没对你们抱多大期望 |
[13:30] | Santiago, how’s prong two doing? | Santiago 第二叉怎么样了 |
[13:32] | We’re killing it. | 我们简直大杀四方 |
[13:33] | According to the pedometers i put on the Hitchcock-and-Scullys, | 根据我安装在Hitchcock和Scully们身上的计步器显示 |
[13:35] | they’re out walking their beat. | 他们正在外面巡街呢 |
[13:36] | And it’s all thanks to these guys. | 多亏了这俩家伙 |
[13:37] | – Hey. – Screw you, Amy. | – 说谁呢 – 去你的 Amy |
[13:39] | No, I was complimenting you. | 不是 我在夸你们呢 |
[13:41] | – Well, screw you anyway. – Yeah. | – 还是那句 去你的 – 就是 |
[13:43] | As for prong four, Jeffords is recording | 至于第四叉 Jeffords在我们开会的同时 |
[13:45] | the officers’ secret meeting as we speak. | 正在记录着警官们的秘密会议 |
[13:47] | And I expect he’ll be bursting into my office any minute | 我估计他随时会冲进我的办公室 |
[13:50] | with the proof we need to end the Blue Flu. | 给我展示终结”蓝衣流感”所需的证据 |
[13:52] | I got the proof we need to end the Blue Flu. | 我拿到了终结”蓝衣流感”所需的证据了 |
[13:56] | – Wait, really? – Why so surprised? | – 等等 真的吗 – 干嘛这么惊讶 |
[13:58] | That was the plan. | 这就是我们的计划呀 |
[13:59] | Yes, but earlier, I was talking to the squad, | 是的 但前不久我和分队开会时 |
[14:00] | and I put a lot of pressure on this moment, | 我再次强调了这一时刻的到来 |
[14:03] | which I then regretted. | 虽然我当时就后悔了 |
[14:04] | I feared I might be hoist on my own petard. | 我担心自己可能是搬起石头砸自己的脚 |
[14:06] | No petard hoisting here. | 这里可没有石头 |
[14:08] | They talked about everything in front of me– | 他们当着我的面什么都说了 |
[14:10] | how they planned the whole thing, | 他们怎样策划整个事件 |
[14:11] | how long they were gonna pretend to be sick. | 准备装病装多久 |
[14:12] | And you recorded it all, despite your own illness. | 而你虽然身负病痛 还是全部都录下来了 |
[14:15] | I must say, I’m impressed. | 不得不说 我对你十分敬佩 |
[14:17] | Because of how tough I am, right? | 因为我的坚强 对吧 |
[14:18] | The toughest. | 老坚强了 |
[14:20] | Okay, first things first. We got to get– | 好 首先 我们需要去拿 |
[14:24] | What–what is that? | 啥 那是什么声音 |
[14:25] | I had the mic close to my chest. | 我把麦克风放在靠近胸口的地方 |
[14:27] | So I guess it must have picked up my stomach noises, | 应该是把我肚子的叫声也录进去了 |
[14:30] | but I’m sure it stops eventually. | 不过它迟早会结束的 |
[14:33] | More stomach. | 更多的咕咕叫 |
[14:34] | More stomach. | 更多的咕咕咕 |
[14:37] | It’s all stomach. | 全都是肚子叫 |
[14:38] | And there it is… | 果不其然 |
[14:40] | the petard. | 砸自己脚了 |
[14:41] | I need your help. Our arrests are still way down. | 你们快帮帮我 我们的逮捕数量还是很低 |
[14:44] | But according to the pedometers, | 但计步器的数据显示 |
[14:46] | our Hitchcock-and-Scullys | 我们的Hitchcock和Scully们 |
[14:47] | are out there logging miles on the beat. | 巡逻的步数都已经好几英里了 |
[14:48] | How are they not seeing crimes? | 怎么会一个人都没抓着呢 |
[14:50] | How do you know they’re walking? | 你咋知道他们在走路呢 |
[14:51] | I just told you– | 我才说完 |
[14:52] | their pedometer numbers are through the roof. | 他们的步数都快爆表了 |
[14:54] | Oh, poor, simple Amy. | 噢 天真单纯的Amy |
[14:56] | It’s like you’ve ever had to mess with a medical device | 你仿佛从未试过糊弄医疗仪器 |
[14:58] | in order to trick your life insurance agent. | 来耍你的人寿保险公司似的 |
[15:00] | Watch and learn. | 看好了啊 |
[15:03] | They’re just using | 他们居然是用 |
[15:04] | the massage chairs to jiggle their pedometers. | 按摩椅来抖动他们的计步器吗 |
[15:06] | Life always finds a way. | 人自有妙计 |
[15:07] | – To do what? – To do nothing. | – 用来干啥 – 啥都不干呀 |
[15:11] | Dr. Mintleman’s just working his normal job | Mintleman医生不过是在正常工作 |
[15:14] | and not being a criminal. | 遵纪守法 |
[15:15] | I can’t believe this is how I’m spending my final days. | 真不敢相信我最后的日子就是这样度过的 |
[15:17] | Maybe it doesn’t have to be. Screw this case. | 也不必如此 去他的案子 |
[15:19] | What’s something you’ve always wanted to do? | 你有什么一直想做的事情吗 |
[15:21] | Do you have a bucket list? | 你有遗愿清单吗 |
[15:22] | Well, yeah, but, I mean, it’s only one item. | 有是有 但上面只有一条 |
[15:23] | Great. Whatever it is, we’re doing it. | 太好了 不管是什么事 干就完了 |
[15:25] | – Live to be 110. – Come on! | – 活到110岁 – 不是吧 |
[15:27] | I thought I found a loophole! | 我以为我能钻漏洞嘛 |
[15:28] | Okay, how about this? | 好吧 这个怎么样 |
[15:29] | We go on a cross-country road trip– | 我们进行一次越野公路旅行 |
[15:31] | me on a motorcycle, you in my sidecar? | 我开摩托车 你坐旁边的挎斗里 |
[15:34] | Or we enter a cooking competition, | 或者我们报名参加厨艺比赛 |
[15:35] | and you “Ratatouille” me from inside of a giant chef’s hat? | 你就像”料理鼠王”一样躲在巨大的厨师帽里操控我 |
[15:39] | I track down Diane Wiest, | 我找到黛安·韦斯特 |
[15:40] | and you finally try and use your hall pass? | 然后让你动用自己的明星特权跟她来一发 |
[15:42] | You’re smiling, so I guess that one’s it. | 你笑成这样 肯定是最后一个啦 |
[15:44] | Oof, going with Wiest, huh? I got to be honest, Boyle– | 噢 和韦斯特来一发呢 说实话 Boyle |
[15:47] | I’m not so sure you can pull that off. | 我可不敢肯定你搞不搞得定 |
[15:48] | I mean, her career is red hot. | 你看 她的事业一路高走 |
[15:50] | She just did a movie with Streep. | 她才跟斯特里普拍了个电影 |
[15:51] | No, Jake. That’s not why I’m smiling. | 不 Jake 那不是我笑的原因 |
[15:53] | I’m smiling because you know me so well. | 我笑是因为 你太懂我了 |
[15:55] | Yeah, we’re best friends. Of course I know you. | 那肯定的 我们是好朋友 我当然懂你 |
[15:57] | Well, as perfect as all your ideas were, | 虽然你的想法都很完美 |
[16:00] | nothing tops sitting here with my best friend. | 没有什么能比得上和我的好朋友坐在一起 |
[16:02] | I mean, why would I want to go to town on Diane Wiest | 我为什么要和Diane Wiest一起啊 |
[16:04] | when I can go to town with you? | 当我能和你一起搞的时候 |
[16:07] | What? | 什么 |
[16:09] | Hang out. Go to town with each other. | 和你呆在一起啊 “一起搞” |
[16:10] | It’s a common friendship phrase. | 这是一个常见的友谊用语 |
[16:12] | Haven’t heard it. | 从来没听说过 |
[16:13] | Oh. | 哦 |
[16:14] | Oh, God. It’s my biopsy results. | 天啊 我的活检结果出来了 |
[16:16] | – What does it say? – I don’t know. | – 上面怎么说 – 我不知道 |
[16:18] | I’m too nervous. I can’t read it. | 太紧张了 我不敢看 |
[16:21] | – It’s not cancer. – Not cancer. | – 不是癌症 – 不是癌症吗 |
[16:23] | It’s an infection, and it’s highly treatable. | 只是感染了 很容易治疗 |
[16:25] | – I’m not gonna die? – You’re not gonna die! | – 我死不了了 – 你死不了了 |
[16:26] | Oh, we got to celebrate. | 我们得庆祝一下 |
[16:28] | Does it say if it’s safe to ride a two-person banana boat? | 上面有没有说能不能做坐双人香蕉船 |
[16:30] | I don’t know. Let me check. It doesn’t say. | 我不知道 让我看看 上面没说 |
[16:32] | Oh, well… | 哦 好吧… |
[16:33] | And also, I think just figured out | 而且 我想我知道 |
[16:35] | how all those officers got their fake diagnoses. | 那些警员是怎么获取假诊断报告的了 |
[16:38] | Tell us what’s written there. | 你自己看看这份报告里写了什么 |
[16:39] | Patient’s left teste | 患者左侧睾丸 |
[16:40] | is gnarled and shows discoloration. | 呈粗糙状 并伴有变色 |
[16:42] | No, not that. There, at the top. | 不 不是这个 我是说顶上那行 |
[16:44] | ShareChem Medical Laboratory. Yeah, so? | ShareChem医学实验室 怎么了 |
[16:46] | So we thought it was the doctor handing out fake diagnoses, | 我们以为是医生出具了假报告 |
[16:48] | but he’s clean. | 可他并没有 |
[16:49] | However, the officers knew you used ShareChem Lab, | 但警员都知道医生使用的是ShareChem实验室 |
[16:51] | and that lab is owned by David Share, | 该实验室为David Share所有 |
[16:53] | brother of Nine-Nine officer Michael Share. | 也就是99分局Michael Share警员的兄弟 |
[16:56] | The lab faked the blood results. | 实验室伪造了血液化验结果 |
[16:58] | None of the officers are actually sick, | 根本没有警员生病 |
[17:00] | which means they have no excuse to miss work. | 这也意味着他们没有理由不来上班 |
[17:02] | Well, unfortunately, that is– | 很不幸 那是… |
[17:03] | Stop. I know you’re gonna twist my words | 等一下 我知道你会故意歪曲我的话 |
[17:05] | into some vicious attack on you and the NYPD. | 扭曲成对你以及对纽约警局的恶意攻击 |
[17:07] | So, before you do that, | 所以在你这么做之前 |
[17:09] | I’d like the pleasure of making the vicious attack myself. | 我很乐意亲自对你进行恶意攻击 |
[17:11] | Sir, your insults are kind of known | 长官 众所周知 |
[17:12] | to be little too think-y, maybe you should just let– | 你的恶意攻击特别拗口难懂 也许你应该让 |
[17:14] | O’Sullivan, you are a bleep, | O’Sullivan 你这个(大量脏话) |
[17:17] | and I hope your get shoved right into your | 我希望你(持续脏话) |
[17:22] | Wow. Well, that was definitely not too think-y. | 哇哦 刚刚那段可真的一点都不拗口难懂 |
[17:24] | Okay, okay, okay. You got me. | 好吧 好吧 你们抓到我的把柄了 |
[17:26] | The men didn’t have mono. They weren’t sick. | 这些警员没得接吻病 他们很健康 |
[17:28] | – Damn right. – But they are now. | – 那当然 – 但他们现在病了 |
[17:29] | What? | 什么 |
[17:30] | It seems they had a meeting, | 他们之前好像开了个会 |
[17:31] | and somebody showed up with a very bad stomach bug | 出席的人中有人闹肚子 |
[17:33] | and gave it to everyone there. | 把他们全都传染了 |
[17:34] | I believe the officer’s name was a, uh, Lieutenant Jeffords. | 那个警员的名字好像是Jeffords警督 |
[17:38] | The petard. | 大石头 |
[17:40] | It just won’t stop hoisting. | 搬起石头砸了自己的脚 |
[17:45] | Hey there, sir. You missed the morning briefing. | 长官 你错过了早上的简报 |
[17:47] | And I see you found Charles’ cheese. | 看来你找到Charles的奶酪了 |
[17:49] | Mmm, it pairs well with despair | 这和绝望的味道很配 |
[17:52] | and also this 1976 Chateau Haut-Brion. | 还有这瓶1976年的侯伯王庄园红酒 |
[17:56] | Doesn’t seem like the kind of bottle you’re supposed to chug. | 这酒看着很高档 不该这么牛饮吧 |
[17:59] | I bought it the day I joined the force | 这是我在加入警队那天买的 |
[18:00] | with the intent to open it when I became commissioner. | 打算在我成为局长那天开瓶庆祝 |
[18:02] | Oh, my gosh, this is big news. | 哦 天啊 这是个大新闻 |
[18:04] | Congratulations, sir. | 长官 恭喜您 |
[18:05] | No, he’s not becoming commissioner, Scully. | 不 Scully 他不是要当局长了 |
[18:08] | We can still fight the Blue Flu. | 我们还是可以阻止”蓝衣流感”的 |
[18:10] | It’s over, Lieutenant. | 一切都结束了 警督 |
[18:11] | I have to cave to O’Sullivan’s demands. | 我不得不向O’Sullivan的要求屈服 |
[18:14] | Sir, you can’t give up | 长官 你不能因为一次挫折 |
[18:15] | on all your hard work because of one setback. | 就放弃你所付出的所有努力 |
[18:17] | I’m a realist. | 我是个现实主义者 |
[18:18] | I knew I wouldn’t be able to fix every problem, | 我知道我不可能解决所有问题 |
[18:21] | though I always imagined I could fix some of them. | 但我一直以为至少我能去解决其中的一部分 |
[18:24] | But as a realist, | 但作为一个现实主义者 |
[18:26] | I can now see I haven’t fixed a damn thing. | 我现在知道了 自己什么都没解决 |
[18:28] | The NYPD will never change. | 纽约警局永远都不会改变 |
[18:31] | Sir, if I may– when I thought I was dying, | 长官 你听我说 在我以为自己快死了的时候 |
[18:33] | all I could think about was | 我满脑子想的都是 |
[18:35] | what a disappointment my life had been. | 我的生活真的很令人失望 |
[18:37] | But then Jake went to town with me. | 但后来Jake和我一起搞了 |
[18:39] | Common friendship phrase. | 这是常见的友谊用语 |
[18:41] | And it helped me realize | 那让我意识到 |
[18:42] | you can’t focus on the things you didn’t do. | 你不能一直想着自己没做成的事 |
[18:45] | Focus on what you did do. | 而是要专注于你所做过的成就 |
[18:46] | And, more importantly, focus on who you did it with. | 更重要的是 想想你是和谁一起做成的 |
[18:49] | Boyle, you’re absolutely right. | Boyle 你说得太对了 |
[18:52] | I am? My speech turned your life around? | 真的吗 我的一番话改变了你的人生对吗 |
[18:54] | No, I found it trite and uninspiring, | 没有 我觉得你的话陈腐乏味 |
[18:56] | but something you said resonated. | 但是你有一句话说对了 |
[18:57] | Focus on the things you didn’t do. | 专注于自己没做成的事 |
[19:00] | I said not to focus on the things you didn’t do. | 我说的是不要把注意力集中在自己没做成的事 |
[19:02] | Again, your speech meant nothing. | 我再说一遍 你刚才的一番话毫无意义 |
[19:03] | I’m just picking out individual words. | 我只是挑出了几个有用的词 |
[19:05] | Sure, sure, yeah. | 好吧 没问题 |
[19:07] | Hot damn. | 好家伙 |
[19:08] | I know how to end the Blue Flu. | 我知道怎么阻止”蓝衣流感”了 |
[19:10] | I found a fifth prong. | 我找到了第五叉 |
[19:12] | So I gather you’re ready to cave to my demands. | 我想你应该准备好要满足我的要求了吧 |
[19:15] | – Why would I do that? – Give me a break. | – 我为什么要这么做 – 算了吧你 |
[19:16] | Your arrests are way down, | 你们的逮捕率下降了 |
[19:17] | and your CompStat numbers are terrible. | 你们的警务记录数据特别糟糕 |
[19:19] | I think those numbers look great. | 我觉得这些数据看起来不错 |
[19:21] | – No, you don’t. – Well, not those numbers. | – 不 你不觉得 – 我不是指这些数据 |
[19:23] | Obviously, they make it look like | 这些数据让我们分局看起来 |
[19:24] | we haven’t done much at all this week. | 一周都没做什么正事 |
[19:26] | But a friend of mine told me something | 但我的一个朋友在无意间告诉了我 |
[19:27] | unintentionally interesting– | 一件很有趣的事情 |
[19:29] | focus on what you didn’t do. | 专注于你没做成的事 |
[19:30] | So here’s what we didn’t do this week. | 所以本周我们没有做成的事情如下所述 |
[19:32] | With fewer officers at our disposal | 在可供我们调用的警员变少了 |
[19:35] | and none of them trying to hit CompStat numbers, | 且其中无人试图盲目提高警务统计数据的情况下 |
[19:37] | we made fewer bad arrests. | 所以我们的错误逮捕率变低了 |
[19:39] | Number of complaints against officers, down 32%. | 投诉警务人员的个案下降了32% |
[19:42] | Number of cases thrown out at arraignment | 在传讯时因证据不足 |
[19:45] | for insufficient evidence, down 34%. | 而被驳回的案件数目 下降了34% |
[19:47] | And here’s the most important thing we didn’t do. | 而我们没有做成的最重要的一件事 |
[19:49] | We didn’t make the community less safe. | 就是没有让我们自己的社区变得不安全 |
[19:51] | Rates of major and violent crime, what actually matters, | 真正重要的那些重大暴力犯罪率 |
[19:55] | stayed the same. | 保持不变 |
[19:55] | What are you saying? | 你想说什么 |
[19:57] | I’m saying the Nine-Nine just became a case study | 我想说99分局成为了一项很好的研究案例 |
[19:59] | for how a police force can work better with fewer police. | 可供分析如何用更少的警力去更好地工作 |
[20:02] | Are you actually talking about laying off cops? | 你是想建议解雇警员吗 |
[20:04] | If these numbers persist, I may have no choice. | 如果这些数据能得到保持 那我别无选择 |
[20:06] | Then I’ll just end the Blue Flu. | 那我就叫停”蓝衣流感” |
[20:08] | Great. That’s what I want. | 太好了 那就是我想要的 |
[20:09] | Then I won’t end the Blue Flu. | 那我不叫停”蓝衣流感” |
[20:10] | Great. Fewer cops. That’s what I want. | 太好了 警员少了 那就是我想要的 |
[20:11] | You just said that– | 你刚才说 |
[20:15] | This is a very frustrating conversation. | 这真是一场非常令人气馁的谈话 |
[20:18] | I’d like to officially announce | 我很高兴能正式宣布 |
[20:20] | that the Blue Flu is over. | “蓝衣流感”已经结束了 |
[20:22] | The uniformed officers are at work, | 警员都回到了工作岗位 |
[20:24] | and we sent the Hitchcock-and-Scullys | 我们把各个分局的Hitchcock和Scully |
[20:25] | back to their home precincts. | 送回了他们自己的分局去了 |
[20:27] | So everything’s back to normal? | 一切都恢复正常了吗 |
[20:28] | No, the opposite. | 不 恰恰相反 |
[20:30] | We’re gonna use what we learned this week | 我们要用这周学到的东西 |
[20:31] | to change the way the NYPD polices our streets. | 来改变纽约警局对我们街区的监管方式 |
[20:33] | Okay, awesome. Very inspiring. | 好吧 太棒了 这真是鼓舞人心 |
[20:35] | Now, on to more important things. | 现在我们来谈更重要的事情吧 |
[20:36] | I have obtained from Rosa a photograph… | 我从Rosa那里获得了一张照片 |
[20:40] | of Captain Holt’s tattoo. | 一张Holt警监纹身的照片 |
[20:42] | Oh. – | 哇哦 |
[20:44] | I’m sorry, Captain, but there’s nothing you can do | 抱歉 警监 但你已经无能为力了 |
[20:45] | that will stop me from revealing | 什么都无法阻止我 |
[20:47] | that your secret and embarrassing tattoo is… | 揭晓你的隐秘又尴尬纹身 那就是 |
[20:52] | – a dot? – Huh? | – 一个点 – 啊 |
[20:54] | It’s a decimal point. | 是一个小数点 |
[20:56] | Ah, what a first-thought mathematical symbol. | 啊 多么不经脑的一个数学符号啊 |
[20:58] | Might as well have gotten a greater-than or equal-to sign. | 还不如当时把大于号和等于号都给纹上得了 |
[21:02] | I can’t believe I spent $2,000 on a dot. | 不敢相信我花了2000美元买了一个点 |
[21:04] | – You did? – I know, Amy! | – 你什么? – 对吧 Amy |
[21:06] | We’re both upset about the same thing! | 我们烦心的原因都一模一样 |
[21:08] | I got to call Rosa. | 我得给Rosa打个电话 |
[21:14] | Thank you for giving Peralta the doctored photo. | 谢谢你给Peralta那张篡改过的照片 |
[21:16] | My allegiances are to the highest bidder. | 我只效忠出价最高的人 |
[21:18] | And you’ll never tell anyone what you saw? | 你永远不会告诉别人你看到了什么 对吧 |
[21:19] | They wouldn’t believe me if I did. | 即使我说了他们不会相信的 |
[21:21] | I mean, come on, sir. It’s a picture of– | 拜托 长官 那可是一张照片 |