时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | Hey, you guys got a sec? | 嘿 你俩有空吗 |
[00:07] | I need to talk to you about something. | 我有点事和你们说 |
[00:08] | Whatever it is can wait, Rosie. | 啥事都能等 Roise |
[00:09] | You’re gonna want to see this. | 看看这个 |
[00:10] | Question: what is the number one problem with the coronavirus? | 疫情期间的头号问题是什么 |
[00:13] | Mass death, economic collapse, | 大规模死亡 经济崩溃 |
[00:15] | the way the disease has exposed the systemic injustice | 以及新冠暴露出了存在于美国民众生活核心中的 |
[00:17] | at the core of American life. | 系统性不公正现象 |
[00:18] | Well, yes, obviously those, but after that, | 确实 肯定有这些 不过除了这些 |
[00:21] | it’s how to high-five your friends | 还有个问题是怎么和朋友击掌 |
[00:22] | while staying six feet apart. | 在彼此相隔六英尺的情况下 |
[00:23] | But now the world can stop their worrying | 但如今世人已不用再为此烦扰 |
[00:26] | because we have created the COVID five. | 因为我们创造了新冠击掌 |
[00:28] | With this machine, you can execute any high five your heart desires. | 用这个装置 你想怎么击掌就怎么击 |
[00:31] | There’s the classic. | 这是经典式 |
[00:33] | Slip me some skin. | 轻拂肌肤式 |
[00:35] | – Sprinkle me. Sprinkle me. – Sprinkle. | – 摇手散花式 – 摇一摇 |
[00:37] | – Sprinkle me. – Sprinkle. | – 摇手散花 – 摇起来 |
[00:38] | The Vulcan scissor. | 瓦肯剪刀式 |
[00:40] | – That’s a bad one. – Yeah. | – 这个有点坏 – 对 |
[00:41] | And of course, the need for speed. | 当然还有 速度至上式 |
[00:44] | Whoo! | 哇哦 |
[00:45] | Wow. That was impressively stupid. | 哇 简直是太弱智了 |
[00:47] | I know, right? | 我明白 好吧 |
[00:48] | So what was it you wanted to tell me? | 所以你要和我们说什么 |
[00:49] | Just wanted to say goodbye. | 只是想和你们告别 |
[00:50] | I turned in my resignation. I quit the force. | 我递交了辞呈 要退出警队了 |
[00:52] | – What? – Oh! | – 什么 – 嗷 |
[01:00] | Dude, that was by far the best five. | 兄弟 刚刚那招是目前最厉害的击掌 |
[01:02] | You’re quitting? | 你要辞职了 |
[01:23] | To Sergeant Santiago. | 致Santiago警长 |
[01:25] | You were on maternity leave longer than expected | 你产假比预计长了一些 |
[01:25] | 欢迎归队 Santiago警长 | |
[01:27] | because of the pandemic, | 因为疫情的缘故 |
[01:28] | but now that all first responders have been vaccinated, | 但现在所有第一响应者都注射了疫苗 |
[01:32] | you’ve returned. | 你可以重返警队了 |
[01:33] | – Cheers. – Cheers. | – 干杯 – 干杯 |
[01:35] | Not exactly an emotional welcome back–are you crying? | 并不是什么情绪化的回归仪式呢 你是在哭吗 |
[01:37] | Oh, he just always knows exactly what to say. | 他的话总是那么恰如其分 |
[01:39] | She’s consistent. | 她还是老样子 |
[01:41] | So, guys, tell me everything that happened while I was gone. | 大伙们 告诉我我不在的时候都发生了什么 |
[01:44] | Well, as you know, | 好的 正如你所知道的那样 |
[01:45] | Hitchcock retired the very first second he could. | Hitchcock在可以退休的第一时间就退休了 |
[01:47] | That’s right. I couldn’t wait to get out of there. | 对 我等不及离开警局了 |
[01:49] | Why are you always with us on FaceTime? | 你为什么总是和我们FaceTime |
[01:51] | Because I miss Scully. | 因为我想念Scully |
[01:52] | He’s more present than when he worked here. | 他在这工作的时候出现频率都没这么高 |
[01:54] | It’s been a terrible year. | 这一年来糟透了 |
[01:55] | True. But you know what was rougher? | 对 但你知道更糟糕的是什么吗 |
[01:56] | The hundreds of years | 数百年来 |
[01:57] | of oppression experienced by Black people in this country, | 黑人在这个国家里所遭受的压迫 |
[02:00] | oppression they still experience to this day. | 时至今日 他们仍然在遭受着压迫 |
[02:02] | Why does Charles sound like a podcast? | 为什么Charles听起来像播客主持 |
[02:03] | Oh, because I’m listening to one right now. | 哦 因为我现在正在听 |
[02:05] | It’s called “Two Wrongs Makes a White: Lessons in Anti-Racism.” | 叫做<积非成白:反种族主义的经验> |
[02:08] | Yeah, you’re lucky you weren’t here on Juneteenth. | 对 你应该庆幸你六月节的时候不在这 |
[02:12] | What the hell? | 搞什么鬼 |
[02:14] | He went full Schumer. | 他完全打扮成舒默那样了 |
[02:14] | 查克·舒默和其他民主党国会领袖们聚集在解放大厅 单膝下跪 示意支持种族正义的时候 身穿肯特织布 一种源于源于加纳的非洲礼服 因此被指文化挪用 | |
[02:15] | Cultural appropriation, Amy. | Amy 文化挪用啊 |
[02:16] | – She’ll figure it out. – You’re the one who did it. | – 她会明白的 – 你就是挪用的人 |
[02:18] | – Mm-hmm. – So where’s Rosa? | – 嗯哼 – Rosa去哪了 |
[02:20] | Thought she’d be here by now. | 我以为她现在应该赶到了呢 |
[02:21] | I’m telling you, she’s not coming. | 告诉你吧 她不会来了 |
[02:22] | Ever since she quit the force, | 自从她离开警队后 |
[02:23] | she thinks we’re just part of the problem. | 她觉得我们也是问题之一 |
[02:25] | Oh, she never said that. | 她没说过这个 |
[02:26] | She quit after George Floyd was killed | 在乔治·弗洛伊德被杀害后她就退出了 |
[02:26] | 2020年5月25日 乔治·弗洛伊德因涉嫌使用假钞被捕时 被警察单膝跪压在脖颈处超过8分钟 弗洛伊德被跪压期间失去知觉 之后被送往急救室 被宣告死亡 | |
[02:27] | because she thought that she could do more good | 因为她觉得她可以做更多好事 |
[02:29] | by becoming a PI that helps victims of police brutality. | 作为一名私人侦探 帮助那些被警方残暴对待的受害者 |
[02:32] | That has nothing to do with us. | 但这和我们没关系 |
[02:34] | Then how come we haven’t hung out at all since she quit? | 那不然为什么她辞职之后都不和我们一起玩了 |
[02:36] | Setting up a new business takes time. | 发展新事业需要时间 |
[02:37] | She’s probably too busy to see friends. | 她可能太忙了 没空找朋友玩 |
[02:39] | And yet I have time to see my friends | 但我却有空找我的朋友玩 |
[02:41] | and be a father and do my job | 同时作为一名父亲 还兼顾工作 |
[02:43] | and straight-up crush it at “Goat Simulator” On my Switch | 还在我的Switch上玩爆<模拟山羊> |
[02:45] | That’s not something to be proud of. | 这没什么可骄傲的 |
[02:46] | Being a father is not something to be proud of, Ames? | 作为父亲不是值得骄傲的事情吗 Ames |
[02:48] | Wow. You’ve changed, dude. | 哇哦 你变了太多了 姐们 |
[02:50] | Look, all I’m saying is, | 听着 我想说的是 |
[02:52] | I promise you she is not gonna show up tonight. | 我保证她今晚不会出现 |
[02:53] | And if she does, I’ll give each of you $1,000 cash. | 如果出现了 我给你们每人一千美元 |
[02:56] | – That’s a promise. – Hey, everybody. | – 这是我的承诺 – 嘿 大家好 |
[02:57] | Jake’s word is not legally binding. | Jake的话没有任何法律效力 |
[02:58] | Any promise of cash reward is, of course, understood as hyperbole. | 当然 他所说的现金承诺只是夸张而已 |
[03:00] | Rosa! I knew you’d make it. | Rosa 我就知道你会来 |
[03:04] | ‘Sup, my guy? | 最近咋样 兄弟 |
[03:06] | – What? – Sorry. It’s been a while. | – 什么 – 不好意思 有段时间没见了 |
[03:08] | I forgot how we used to greet each other. | 我忘了我们过去怎么打招呼的 |
[03:09] | Anyway, how’s the cool new PI gig going? | 好吧 狂炫酷的私人侦探工作进展如何 |
[03:11] | Eh, it’s not that cool. | 呃 没那么酷 |
[03:12] | I have a desk at a WeWork | 我在一个Wework共用工作空间里 |
[03:13] | that I share with a Twitter comedian. | 和一个推特喜剧演员共用一个桌子 |
[03:14] | – Oh, fun. – But I’m getting more clients. | – 有意思 – 不过我现在客户多起来了 |
[03:16] | I just got a new job this morning. | 我今早刚接到一个活 |
[03:17] | A woman was assaulted by two police officers in the Seven-Four. | 一名女士被两位74分局的警官袭击 |
[03:20] | Oh. Well, that’s horrible. | 听起来太糟糕了 |
[03:22] | Wait, the Seven-Four. I know the captain there. | 等等 74分局 我认识那里的警监 |
[03:24] | She was my sergeant before I transferred to the Nine-Nine. | 在我转到99分局之前 她是我的警长 |
[03:26] | I could talk to her. She can help. | 我可以和她聊聊 她能帮我们 |
[03:28] | Nah, I doubt that. | 不 我觉得不太行 |
[03:29] | You know, the system can still work sometimes | 这个体制有时还是有用的 |
[03:31] | when good people are involved. | 当好人在其中做事的时候 |
[03:32] | Is that why you want to help, | 这就是你想来帮忙的原因吗 |
[03:32] | so you can make some point about policing? | 来发表一些关于治安维护的想法 |
[03:34] | No. I’m not some point maker, shot taker, | 不 我可不会随便乱发想法 试图贪赃枉法 |
[03:37] | making girls hot like oats with Quaker. | 撩拨女孩搞得她们别无他法 |
[03:39] | Hey, man, you’re rapping. | 嘿兄弟 你在搞说唱吗 |
[03:40] | Yeah, I had to see where it was going. | 对 我想试试我能说到哪 |
[03:41] | Look, I just want to help out. | 听着 我只是想帮帮忙 |
[03:42] | Plus, it might be fun to work together again. | 以及 我们一起工作肯定很有意思 |
[03:44] | – I miss seeing you. – Hmm. Okay. | – 我想你了 – 好吧 那行吧 |
[03:47] | I’m meeting my client tomorrow. I’ll text you the details. | 我明天就和我的客户见面 我把详细信息短信给你 |
[03:49] | Yes. Jake and Rosa are back! | 耶 Jake和Rosa重回战场 |
[03:55] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[03:56] | Your leg shake is rattling the windows out there. | 你抖腿抖得连带窗户一起抖了 |
[03:58] | I’m stressed. It’s Captain Holt. | 我好焦虑 因为Holt警监 |
[04:00] | You won’t believe what he said to me. | 你绝对不会相信他对我说了什么 |
[04:01] | Hello, Santiago. How’s your lunch? | Santiago你好 你的午餐怎么样 |
[04:04] | Pretty bad, right? | 是不是糟糕极了 |
[04:05] | That he politely asked you about your lunch? | 他礼貌问你午餐的事吗 |
[04:07] | It was small talk. | 这可是闲聊 |
[04:08] | Captain Holt always says that true friends sit in silence. | Holt警监总是说 真朋友总是静坐无言 |
[04:11] | Small talk is for… | 闲聊属于 |
[04:13] | Strangers and con men. | 陌生人和骗子 |
[04:14] | So I’m a stranger now. | 所以我现在是陌生人了 |
[04:16] | This is my big fear about having a child, | 这就是我有了孩子后最怕的事情 |
[04:18] | losing my spark with my boss. | 失去和我上司之间的火花 |
[04:20] | Amy, he’s your captain. | Amy 他是你的警监 |
[04:21] | You act like it’s some romantic relationship. | 你搞得像是什么恋爱关系一样 |
[04:23] | You know what, Terry? You’re right. | 你知道吗Terry 你说得对 |
[04:26] | It is like a romantic relationship. | 确实像恋爱关系一样 |
[04:28] | That’s what you got from what I said? | 这就是你从我话里感悟到的 |
[04:30] | Do you still have that relationship book | 你还有那本关系调解书吗 |
[04:31] | from when you and Sharon were having issues? | 就是你和Sharon吵架时候的那本 |
[04:33] | That book was about sex. And it’s actually Scully’s. | 那本书是关于性爱的 而且其实是Scully的 |
[04:35] | But I bet Scully also ordered some relationship books | 不过我打赌Scully肯定也订了一些关系调解书 |
[04:38] | when Scully got himself that sex book for Scully. | 在Scully在为自己买那本性爱书的同时 |
[04:41] | – Just own the sex book thing. – You want my help or not? | – 就承认那本性爱书是你的吧 – 你还想不想要我帮忙了 |
[04:44] | Fine. Can you please get Scully’s relationship book | 好吧 那能麻烦你给我拿来Scully的那本关系调解书吗 |
[04:47] | that is obviously not yours? | 肯定不是你的那本 |
[04:49] | Weird that you’re asking me to do it, but okay. | 你让我这样做有点奇怪 不过行吧 |
[04:52] | I’ll see what I can do. | 我看看我能帮上什么忙 |
[04:53] | Hey, my client’s in the conference room, | 嘿 我的客户在会议室里 |
[04:55] | but before we go in there, | 不过我们进去前 |
[04:56] | it wasn’t easy getting her to agree to talk with a cop, | 你要知道 让她同意和警察说话并不容易 |
[04:58] | so don’t be too cop-ish. Just be normal. | 所以不要表现得过于警察范了 就做个正常人就行 |
[05:00] | Got it, normal, not too cop-ish. | 收到 正常 不要太警察范 |
[05:02] | Won’t be a problem. | 完全没问题 |
[05:03] | Helloooo! | 你好呀呀呀 |
[05:06] | Yeah, this is not gonna work. | 好吧 这肯定行不通 |
[05:07] | Sorry, you just gave me too many notes. | 抱歉 你刚刚给我太多指示了 |
[05:08] | I got in my head. Let me start over, please. | 我都记住了 让我再来一次吧 |
[05:10] | Ms. Fulton, hello. I’m Detective Peralta. | Fulton女士你好 我是Peralta警探 |
[05:12] | I know you’re nervous about talking to a cop, | 我知道 让你和警察交流会很焦虑 |
[05:14] | which I totally get, but rest assured, | 我完全能理解 不过请放心 |
[05:16] | I’m one of the good ones. | 我是好警察 |
[05:17] | And I know how that sounds, | 我知道这听起来不靠谱 |
[05:18] | but I’m not one of the bad ones who says they’re one of the good ones. | 但我不是那种满口说着自己是好警察的坏警察 |
[05:20] | I’m actually one of | 我是那种 |
[05:21] | the good ones who says they’re one of the good ones. | 会说自己是好警察的好警察之一 |
[05:23] | And I know how that sounds– | 我知道这听起来也不靠谱 |
[05:24] | – Does he just keep going until someone stops him? – Yes. | – 没人打断他 他就不会停下来了吗 – 是的 |
[05:26] | Would you mind telling us what happened from the beginning? | 你能从头到尾告诉我们发生了什么吗 |
[05:29] | – Sure. I was walking home from the pharmacy | 好的 我当时正从药店回家 |
[05:31] | when two uniformed cops stopped me | 两名制服警官拦住了我 |
[05:32] | and asked me what was in my bag. | 问我包里装的是什么 |
[05:33] | I said nothing, just some personal items. | 我回答说没什么 一些个人用品 |
[05:35] | But then they kept bothering me, saying, | 但他们不肯罢休 问我 |
[05:36] | well, if it’s nothing, I should have no problem with showing them. | 如果没什么东西 那把我的东西给他们看看也没关系吧 |
[05:39] | But in my mind I’m like, why do I need to show them my new loofah? | 但我觉得 我为什么要给他们看我新买的丝瓜络 |
[05:42] | You don’t. It’s your loofah. | 你不用 那是你的丝瓜络 |
[05:43] | Thank you, Ms. Diaz. It is my loofah. | 谢谢你 Diaz女士 那是我的丝瓜络 |
[05:46] | Anyways, I said I wanted to go home, | 反正 我给他们说我要回家了 |
[05:48] | so I tried to walk past them, and they grabbed me. | 所以我想绕开他们走过去 但他们抓住了我 |
[05:50] | Suddenly, I’m thrown on the ground | 突然我被推倒在地 |
[05:52] | and they’re yelling at me to stop resisting, which I wasn’t. | 他们朝我大喊大叫 叫我别反抗 而我当时并没有反抗 |
[05:55] | I was just scared. | 我只是太害怕了 |
[05:57] | Then they threw me up against the squad car, | 然后他们把我压在警车上 |
[05:59] | saying they was arresting me for assaulting them. | 说我因为袭警而被捕 |
[06:01] | I’m the one who got the black eye and bruises all over my body, | 我眼眶被打成青肿 浑身都是擦伤 |
[06:03] | but somehow I assaulted them? | 然而我却是袭警的人 |
[06:05] | Do you remember what time of day it was? | 你还记得那天具体的时间吗 |
[06:06] | Five forty-five? Six o’clock? | 下午五点四十五 六点 |
[06:08] | So right at the end of a shift. | 所以正好是轮班结束的时候 |
[06:09] | Which means? | 所以呢 |
[06:10] | Some officers like to make arrests at the end of their shift | 有一些警官喜欢在轮班结束时抓捕 |
[06:12] | so they can work later and get extra overtime. | 所以他们可以继续工作 然后拿加班费 |
[06:14] | – That is so wrong. – It is. | – 这行为太错误了 – 是的 |
[06:16] | But I promise you, we are gonna get you justice. | 但我向你保证 我们会给你带来正义的 |
[06:20] | Yeah, we’ll see. | 对 那等着瞧吧 |
[06:22] | – Hey, did you find the book? – Scully’s book. | – 嘿 书找到了吗 – Scully的书 |
[06:26] | Wow. Someone’s in a mood. | 哇哦 看起来有人在生气呢 |
[06:28] | I went to my barbershop to get a quick cleanup, and Boyle was there. | 我去了我的理发店 想去简单清洁下 Boyle也在那 |
[06:31] | Yeah, got a low-drop fade with a crisp lining. | 对 剪了个低位下降式渐层 外加清爽式发际线 |
[06:33] | I’m all about supporting Black businesses. | 全力以赴支持黑人生意 |
[06:35] | – Right. – Oh, are you upset about something, Lieutenant? | – 没错 – 你有什么不满意的吗 警督 |
[06:38] | It’s just that the barbershop is my therapy. | 那家理发店是我的治愈良方 |
[06:40] | – Mm. – It’s where I go to clear my mind. | – 嗯嗯 – 我去那儿是为了清空思绪 |
[06:43] | And that’s hard to do with you there. | 但你在那里我没办法清空思绪了 |
[06:45] | – Mm. – Stop mm-ing me! | – 嗯嗯 – 不要嗯嗯我了 |
[06:47] | It’s my listening noise. | 那是我的聆听声 |
[06:48] | Listening doesn’t require noise! | 聆听不需要发出声音 |
[06:52] | So I reviewed the Aisha Fulton case, | 于是我回顾了Aisha Fulton的案子 |
[06:52] | 74分局 早上10:46 | |
[06:54] | and it is definitely problematic. | 这里面绝对大有问题 |
[06:56] | The arresting officers have had several complaints before. | 当事警官之前已经收到过几次投诉了 |
[06:58] | And their version of events is only two sentences long. | 他们的案件陈述只有两句话 |
[07:01] | Suspect had suspicious item. Scary. | 嫌犯持有可疑物品 吓人 |
[07:04] | It’s clearly bogus, | 很显然是乱说的 |
[07:05] | but an officer did break one of his fingers. | 但有位警官确实折了一根手指 |
[07:07] | Probably from tackling her to the ground. | 可能是把她扑倒在地时弄的 |
[07:09] | Yeah, or from pointing it so hard at everyone but himself. | 确实 也可能是因为他甩锅太用力导致的 |
[07:16] | Who are you performing this for, Jake? | 你在这装给谁看呢 Jake |
[07:17] | Both of you guys. | 你们两个 |
[07:19] | Look, I want to help, but the problem is, | 听着 我也很想帮你 但问题是 |
[07:21] | we have no proof of what really happened. | 我们没有证据证明事情的经过 |
[07:22] | Let me guess, their body cam footage | 让我猜猜 他们的执法记录仪里的录像 |
[07:24] | was mysteriously corrupted. | 莫名其妙地坏掉了 |
[07:25] | Yeah, they probably tampered with it, | 是啊 他们可能动了手脚 |
[07:27] | but between us, there was a rookie there, | 但悄悄告诉你 当时有个新人在场 |
[07:29] | Janice Lee Janice Lee. | |
[07:30] | If you can get her to confirm your client’s story, | 如果你能让她证实你委托人的说法 |
[07:34] | I can help you. | 我就可以帮你 |
[07:35] | Here’s her address. – Great. | – 这是她的地址 – 很好 |
[07:37] | See, Rosa, this couldn’t be any easier. | 罗莎 看吧 这再简单不过了 |
[07:39] | Frank O’Sullivan, head of the Patrolmen’s Union, | 我是Frank O’Sullivan 巡警工会的主席 |
[07:41] | and there is no way on God’s green earth | 苍天在上 我绝对不会允许 |
[07:43] | that you’re ever talking to anyone involved in this case. | 你们和与此案有关的任何人谈话 |
[07:47] | I mean…I guess it could be a little easier. | 我是说 我以为这可能会简单一点点嘛 |
[07:52] | Why are you here, O’Sullivan? | 你为什么会在这里 O’Sullivan |
[07:53] | Officer Lee called me, | Lee警官打了电话给我 |
[07:54] | and I’m here to stop your heartless crusade | 我是来阻止你们无情地迫害 |
[07:57] | against our heroes in blue, | 我们的蓝衣英雄 |
[07:58] | but to be clear, all I want is to keep our city safe | 但先说清楚 我只想保护我们的城市 |
[08:02] | and then to go home to my ma at night. | 然后晚上回家找我妈 |
[08:04] | You live with your mom? | 你和你妈住一起吗 |
[08:05] | My ma lives with me… in her house. | 是我妈和我一起住 她家 |
[08:08] | Do you have something against my ma? | 你对我妈有意见吗 |
[08:09] | Because I’ll be honest with you, | 我跟你说实话 |
[08:11] | there’s only three things that I love in this whole world: | 这世上我只爱三样东西 |
[08:14] | my ma, the NYPD, and Billy Joel. | 我妈 纽约警局 还有比利·乔尔 |
[08:17] | And right now, you’re assaulting two of those three things. | 而现在 你正在侮辱这三样东西中的两样 |
[08:20] | Wow. So Billy Joel made your top three? | 哇 比利·乔尔居然挤进了你的前三名吗 |
[08:21] | And now you’ve assaulted all three. | 现在你把三样东西都侮辱个遍了 |
[08:23] | Can we please just talk to Officer Lee? | 我们能和Lee警官谈谈吗 |
[08:24] | Look, these are nice boys that you’re going after. | 你要追查的都是些好孩子 |
[08:27] | All the perp had to do was show them what was in the bag, | 那些嫌犯只要给他们看袋子里的东西就没事了 |
[08:31] | but no, no, she had to escalate things. | 但是 她不 她必须要激化事态 |
[08:33] | A finger was broken. | 有人折了一根手指啊 |
[08:35] | Do you understand that if anyone else was being treated | 你们知不知道 如果其他人受到了 |
[08:37] | the way our brave officers are being treated, | 像我们勇敢的警官所遭到的那种对待 |
[08:39] | there’d be marching in the street, | 他们就会在街上游行 |
[08:41] | which I would oppose, by the way, | 顺便说一句 我会阻挠的 |
[08:42] | because marching leads to rioting, | 因为游行会导致暴乱 |
[08:44] | and rioting leads to looting. | 暴乱会导致趁乱打劫 |
[08:45] | Okay, this doesn’t seem like it’s gonna be a short rant. | 好吧 听起来不像是一两句就能结束的样子 |
[08:47] | Yeah, we’re gonna head out. | 我们走吧 |
[08:50] | Hello, Captain. | 你好 警监 |
[08:52] | It’s so good to see you… | 很高兴见到你 |
[08:53] | so, so good. | 实在是太好了 |
[08:56] | What’s with the bizarre eye contact | 你这是什么诡异的眼神 |
[08:58] | and the weird way you’re talking, Santiago? | 和奇怪的说话方式 Santiago |
[08:59] | Did you join a cult? | 你进邪教了吗 |
[09:00] | – What? No. – Are you sure? | – 什么 没有啊 – 你确定吗 |
[09:02] | Most cult members don’t realize they’re part of a cult. | 大多数邪教成员都不会意识到自己是邪教的一部分 |
[09:05] | I’m not in a cult. | 我没进邪教 |
[09:06] | I was trying to connect with you. | 我只是想和你联络一下感情 |
[09:08] | It’s a method from this book. | 这是这本书里的一个方法 |
[09:10] | Oh, is that one of Terry’s sex books? | 哦 那是Terry的性爱宝典吗 |
[09:11] | You mean one of Scully’s sex books. | 你说的是Scully的性爱宝典吧 |
[09:15] | Ever since I came back, you’ve been acting distant. | 自从我回来 你就表现得很疏离 |
[09:18] | – What happened to Raymy? – Raymy? | – Raymy怎么了 – 什么Raymy |
[09:20] | Ray and Amy, Raymy. It’s what people call us. | Ray和Amy 就是Raymy 大家都这么叫我们 |
[09:23] | I don’t know a single person who’s ever called us that. | 我完全想不到有谁这么叫过我们 |
[09:24] | Regardless, something is very wrong between us. | 不管怎样 我们之间有点不对劲 |
[09:28] | You made small talk with me yesterday. | 你昨天和我闲聊了 |
[09:29] | Oh…you noticed that. | 哦 你注意到了 |
[09:31] | Of course I did. | 当然了 |
[09:33] | It was like a knife to my heart, | 那就像一把刀 刺向了我的心 |
[09:34] | which is why we have to do the exercises in this book. | 这就是为什么我们要做这本书里的练习 |
[09:37] | Please, sir? Please? | 拜托了长官 求求了 |
[09:39] | If I agree, will you go back to work? | 如果我同意 你会回去工作吗 |
[09:40] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[09:41] | Fine. What’s the next exercise? | 好吧 下一个练习是什么 |
[09:43] | It is… | 就是 |
[09:45] | – way too sexual. – Wow. | – 太黄了 – 哇哦 |
[09:47] | We’re gonna have to skip around a bit | 我们得跳过这一部分 |
[09:48] | to make this appropriate for work. | 才能在职场使用 |
[09:50] | Something seemed off to me in O’Sullivan’s rant. | 我觉得O’Sullivan的爆发有点不对劲 |
[09:53] | How red he got? | 他脸也太红了吧 |
[09:54] | Yeah, he looked like a candied apple with a widow’s peak. | 他看起来就像一个有V型发际线的冰糖苹果 |
[09:56] | No, he said all the perp needed to do | 不 他说嫌犯明明只需要 |
[09:58] | was show them what was in her bag, | 给他们看她包里的东西就没事了 |
[09:59] | but that wasn’t in the police report | 但那些内容没出现在警方报告里 |
[10:00] | and Lamazar didn’t know that, so how did he? | Lamazar并不知道这些事 那他怎么知道的 |
[10:02] | I think O’Sullivan watched the body cam recording | 我猜O’Sullivan看了执法记录仪的录像 |
[10:04] | before it was corrupted, | 然后它们才被破坏掉 |
[10:06] | which means he might have the original footage, | 也就是说他可能有原始录像 |
[10:07] | which means if we want proof, | 也就是说如果我们想要证据 |
[10:08] | we need to break into the union and get it. | 我们得闯进工会去拿 |
[10:10] | That’s a lot of ifs. | 这里面有太多的假设 |
[10:11] | And besides, we can’t break into the union. | 而且 我们不能闯入工会 |
[10:12] | They’d recognize us. No way. | 他们会认出我们的 没门 |
[10:14] | Just put on a big dumb watch, some Oakleys, | 只需要戴上一个大傻表 一副奥克利墨镜 |
[10:15] | and a camo baseball cap. You’ll fit right in. | 还有一顶迷彩棒球帽 你会完美融入进去的 |
[10:17] | Okay, look, as much as I would love | 好吧 听着 尽管我很乐意 |
[10:18] | to take on the character of Mitchell Keith Erikkson | 扮演Mitchell Keith Erikkson这个 |
[10:21] | from Toms River, New Jersey, I can’t do it. | 来自新泽西州 汤姆斯河的角色 我做不到 |
[10:23] | Why not? You already named him. | 为什么不呢 你已经给他起好名了 |
[10:24] | He named himself. | 那是他自己起的名字 |
[10:25] | But I don’t have a warrant, | 但我没有搜查令 |
[10:26] | and you could be arrested for breaking and entering. | 你可能会因为强行闯入而被捕的 |
[10:28] | No, I think we should knock on doors | 不行 我觉得我们应该敲门 |
[10:29] | and try and find a witness to corroborate the story. | 然后努力找个证人来证实这个故事 |
[10:31] | You sure about that? | 你确定 |
[10:32] | Have you talked to the people of New York lately? | 你最近和纽约市里的居民聊过天吗 |
[10:33] | Yes, I know what you think. | 行 我知道你在想什么 |
[10:35] | And obviously things are a bit tense, | 很显然 现在的市里的氛围有点紧张 |
[10:36] | but I believe that people still understand | 但我相信人们还是会明白 |
[10:38] | that we’re here to help. | 我们是来帮忙的 |
[10:40] | Nope. | 没有 |
[10:42] | Yeah, I saw something. | 是的 我看到了一些东西 |
[10:43] | It looked kind of like this. | 看起来有点像这样 |
[10:45] | I don’t talk to pigs. | 我不和猪说话 |
[10:46] | Copy that. | 收到 |
[10:48] | Hey, Charles. | 嘿 Charles |
[10:49] | I just got a random Venmo payment from you. | 我刚刚收到了一笔来自你的Venmo付款 |
[10:51] | Was this an accident? | 你是点错了吗 |
[10:53] | No, it was the only way | 并没有 这是我唯一 |
[10:54] | I could express how sorry I am for what you’ve had to go through. | 能为你所经历的一切表达歉意的方式 |
[10:56] | Consider it a mini reparation. | 就当是小小的赔偿吧 |
[10:58] | Mini? I wouldn’t say $10,000 is mini. | 小吗 我可不觉得一万美元是小补偿 |
[11:00] | $10,000! | 一万美元 |
[11:02] | Yeah, when I saw that you sent it, | 是啊 当我看到你发来的时候 |
[11:03] | I was like, this must have been an accident, | 我心想 这一定是个意外 |
[11:05] | like you meant to send $100 | 应该是你本来打算寄100美元 |
[11:07] | and then thought you needed to add the cents too | 然后你觉得要把美分也加上 |
[11:09] | and then accidentally added two zeros. | 然后不小心加了两个零 |
[11:11] | That’s a pretty good guess as to what could have happened… | 这是一个对于事情可能性的不错的猜想 |
[11:13] | but didn’t. Because I meant every last zero. | 但并不是事实 因为我每一个零都充满真情实感 |
[11:18] | I’m sure you did. Thanks, Charles. | 我想也是 谢了 Charles |
[11:20] | You got it. | 没毛病 |
[11:22] | Wow, Charles, that was so nice of you. | 哇 Charles 你人可真好啊 |
[11:24] | It was obviously a mistake, Scully! | 这很显然就是个手误啊 Scully |
[11:27] | How many more of these are we gonna do | 我们还要碰多少次壁 |
[11:28] | till you realize it’s pointless? | 你才会意识到这毫无意义 |
[11:29] | Well, I don’t think it’s pointless. | 但 我不认为这是毫无意义的 |
[11:31] | That’s what I’ve been trying to prove to you. | 这就是我一直想向你证明的点 |
[11:33] | Wait, I thought you said | 等等 你之前明明说 |
[11:34] | you weren’t trying to prove a point. | 你并不是想证明你的观点 |
[11:35] | Well, yeah, but I mean, I kind of had to say that | 嗯 是的 但其实 我不得不这么说 |
[11:38] | so you’d let me work with you and I could make my point. | 这样你才会让我和你一起工作 我才能证明我的观点 |
[11:40] | See, this is why we don’t hang out anymore, | 你看 这就是我们不再一起玩的原因 |
[11:41] | because you’re always so defensive. | 因为你总是浑身带刺 |
[11:42] | Well, it’s kind of hard not to be | 可是 我很难不这么做 |
[11:43] | when you think I’m a bad person now. | 尤其是你现在觉得我是个坏人的时候 |
[11:45] | – I never said that. – You didn’t have to. | – 我从没这么说过 – 你没必要说出口 |
[11:47] | Rosa, we came up together. | Rosa 我们是一起成长起来的 |
[11:49] | We went to the academy together. | 我们一起上的警校 |
[11:51] | We’ve had the exact same career. | 我们有完全相同的职业生涯 |
[11:52] | All we ever wanted was to be detectives. | 我们一心只想当警探 |
[11:55] | And yes, we’ve always known there were problems, | 确实 我们一直都知道这个世界有问题 |
[11:56] | but we would solve them together from the inside. | 但我们会从内部一起解决它们的 |
[11:59] | So when you quit, yeah, | 所以当你辞职的时候 没错 |
[12:00] | it made me feel like you thought I was wrong for staying. | 那会让我觉得你认为我留下来是个错误 |
[12:02] | Jake, my choice has nothing to do with you. | Jake 我的选择与你无关 |
[12:06] | It was the hardest thing I’ve ever done. | 这是我做过的最难的抉择 |
[12:08] | I gave up my career, my friends, my whole life, | 我放弃了我的事业 我的朋友 我的一生 |
[12:11] | but I did it | 但我还是这么做了 |
[12:12] | because I couldn’t ignore what I was a part of anymore, | 因为我不能再忽视我是其中的一分子 |
[12:14] | couldn’t ignore what the police are doing | 我不能忽视警察是如何对待 |
[12:16] | in my community to people who look like me. | 我所在社区里 那些和我一样族裔的普通人 |
[12:19] | I know, but not all of them, not me. | 我知道 但不是所有人都那样 我不那样 |
[12:21] | This isn’t about you. | 这和你无关 |
[12:23] | And this case where a Black woman was assaulted by the police | 还有 一个黑人女性被警察袭击的这个案子 |
[12:27] | has nothing to do with you either. | 也和你无关 |
[12:29] | So if you’re not here to help, | 如果你不是来帮忙的 |
[12:30] | if you’re just here to prove a point, then, | 如果你只是来证明一个观点 那么 |
[12:32] | man, I don’t think we should work together anymore. | 兄弟 我觉得我们不该再一起工作了 |
[12:34] | And I definitely don’t think we’re friends. | 我也绝对不再认为我们是朋友了 |
[12:42] | Scully, I need your help, | Scully 我需要你的帮助 |
[12:44] | but you can’t tell anybody what I’m up to. | 但你不能告诉任何人我在做的事 |
[12:45] | Oh, not a problem. I don’t talk to anyone but Hitchcock. | 没问题 除了Hitchcock 我不和任何人说话 |
[12:47] | And nobody where I am even speaks English. | 而我所在的地方根本没有人说英语 |
[12:49] | – Where are you? – Brazil, baby! | – 你在哪 – 巴西 宝贝 |
[12:51] | I got conned by a cam girl, | 我被一个女主播给骗了 |
[12:52] | but it turns out, I love it here. | 但没想到 我还挺喜欢这里的 |
[12:54] | Okay, look, you two are always complaining about work regulations, | 好吧 听着 你们两个平时总抱怨工作的规定 |
[12:57] | so I’m guessing you know your way around the Patrolmen’s Union. | 所以我猜你们应该对巡警工会内部很熟悉 |
[13:00] | – I need your help to break in. – You bet. | – 我需要你们帮我溜进去里面 – 没问题 |
[13:02] | Those bastards are everything that’s wrong with policing. | 那些混蛋就是警察执法的问题所在 |
[13:04] | Their dress policy’s insane. | 他们的着装规定太离谱了 |
[13:06] | You have to wear a shirt at all times. | 任何时候都得穿着上衣诶 |
[13:07] | Yuck! Just tell me how I can get | 恶心 告诉我怎么才能 |
[13:09] | to O’Sullivan’s office undetected. | 悄无声息地溜进O’Sullivan的办公室 |
[13:10] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[13:11] | He goes to lunch at 12:30, so that’s your window. | 他12:30去吃午饭 所以那是你的机会了 |
[13:13] | at 12:45, the mail is delivered. | 12:45 邮件送达 |
[13:15] | The guard at the desk always flirts with the mail woman, | 办公桌旁的警卫总是和邮递员调情 |
[13:17] | so he’ll be distracted. | 这样他就会分心了 |
[13:19] | Then go down the main hall. This is important. | 然后从大堂走下去 这点很重要 |
[13:21] | It’s your last bathroom stop on the whole floor. | 这是你在整个楼层路过的最后一个洗手间 |
[13:23] | It’s unisex and handicap, | 它男女通用 残疾人友好 |
[13:24] | so you get that bad boy all to yourself. | 这样你就能独自享用这个厕所了 |
[13:26] | Tell her about toilet paper. | 跟她介绍一下卫生纸 |
[13:28] | Stop talking about bathrooms. | 别再说洗手间了 |
[13:29] | Fine. Pee your pants. What do I care? | 行呗 你想尿裤子就随你 我又不在乎 |
[13:31] | Go to the last office on the right and you’re there. | 去右边最后一个办公室 你就到了 |
[13:33] | Well, that background is on brand. | 嗯 这个桌面背景确实很符合他的风格 |
[13:36] | Yeah, Ma! I got the tickets! | 是的 妈 我拿到票了 |
[13:39] | What do you think? Front row, Ma, Billy Joel. | 你觉得怎么样 是前排诶 妈 比利·乔尔诶 |
[13:42] | You, me, and the poet of Long Island. | 有你 有我 还有长岛的诗人 |
[13:45] | Huh? No, I know. | 啥 我知道 |
[13:47] | So it says to participate in | 书上说 去尝试一下 |
[13:49] | a new hobby your partner has expressed interest in. | 你的搭档(伴侣)感兴趣的新爱好 |
[13:52] | Have you gotten into anything new lately? | 你最近有什么新爱好吗 |
[13:53] | I started performing daily checks | 我自从疫情以来就开始 |
[13:55] | of my blood-oxygen level during COVID | 每天检查我的血氧水平 |
[13:56] | because I feared for my life. | 因为我担心自己的生命安全 |
[13:58] | Oh! | 哦 |
[14:00] | – 98 – 98 – 98. – 98. | |
[14:01] | We did it. | 我们做到了 |
[14:02] | We’re back to being Raymond-Amy. | 我们又回归到Raymond-Amy组了 |
[14:03] | It’s Raymy. | 是瑞米组 |
[14:05] | And you can’t measure our connection by blood levels. | 而且也不能用血氧值来衡量我们的关系 |
[14:07] | Let’s do another exercise. | 我们做个别的练习 |
[14:08] | Regulations. | 规章 |
[14:09] | – Regulations. – Regulations. | – 规章 – 规 章 |
[14:11] | Regulations. | 规 章 |
[14:13] | How much longer do we have to do this? | 我们还得这样说多久 |
[14:14] | It was supposed to be a meaningful word to both of us | 对咱俩来说这本来应该是个很有意义的词的 |
[14:16] | but clearly that wasn’t it. | 但是很明显没内味儿了 |
[14:17] | Okay, now we’re supposed to tell each other | 好了 咱俩现在应该告诉对方 |
[14:19] | a secret no one else knows. | 一个谁都不知道的秘密 |
[14:21] | I’ll go first. | 我先来 |
[14:23] | I once had a sex dream about Sanjay Gupta. | 我做过跟桑贾伊·古普塔的春梦 |
[14:26] | – This is absurd. – I know. | – 这太荒谬了 – 就是说啊 |
[14:27] | And it was really graphic. | 而且画面感可强了 |
[14:28] | No, these exercises. | 不 我说的是这些练习 |
[14:31] | We’re not lovers. | 我们又不是恋人 |
[14:33] | We’re not even friends. We’re coworkers. | 甚至连朋友都不是 我们是同事 |
[14:36] | I’m tired of Terry’s stupid book. | 我受够Terry的这本破书了 |
[14:38] | Scully’s book! | Scully的书 |
[14:44] | I beg your pardon? | 什么 你再说一遍 |
[14:45] | Did you just say you want to bring Gary? | 你是说要带上Gary吗 |
[14:47] | I need to speak with my union president immediately! | 我现在就要跟我的工会主席谈谈 |
[14:49] | Ma, I gotta call you right back. Okay. | 妈 我一会再给你打 好了 |
[14:52] | – Could I help you out, sir? – I certainly hope so, sir. | – 需要帮助吗 先生 – 当然需要 先生 |
[14:55] | My name is Mitchell Keith Erikkson, | 我叫Mitchell Keith Erikkson |
[14:57] | and I’ve just been assaulted based solely on profession. | 我被人袭击了 就因为我的职业性质 |
[15:00] | Oh, damn it to hell, son. | 噢 真够惨的 小伙子 |
[15:02] | – Tell me what happened. – All right. | – 跟我讲讲发生啥了 – 是这样 |
[15:03] | So I go to this phone store, right, to get my screen fixed. | 我去了个手机商店吧 寻思着修手机屏幕 |
[15:06] | And they say, “Yeah, no problem, 45 minutes.” | 他们说”好 没问题 45分钟完事” |
[15:08] | So I wait, and I wait. | 我就等啊等啊 |
[15:10] | 50 minutes go by! | 整整50分钟就这么过去了啊 |
[15:14] | Nobody helped me. | 都没人管我 |
[15:15] | – It’s despicable. – So I go back | – 太卑鄙了 – 所以我就折回去 |
[15:16] | into the back room to complain, | 去后面的房间里抱怨 |
[15:18] | and they’re all just sitting around | 他们聚堆儿坐着 |
[15:19] | trash-talking Billy Joel! | 在那说比利·乔尔的坏话 |
[15:21] | What? | 什么 |
[15:22] | They said, “Piano Man” Is his only good tune! | 他们还说 |
[15:25] | Well, now, that’s just insanity. | 行了 这话真是疯了 |
[15:28] | Hey, Terry. | 嘿 Terry |
[15:29] | I have to come clean, | 我得坦白 |
[15:31] | and please don’t say anything until I’m done, | 还有请在我说完之前不要说话 |
[15:33] | not that I’m trying to silence you. | 我不是想要让你闭嘴 |
[15:35] | – I am listening. – Just say it! | – 我有在倾听你 – 有屁快放 |
[15:36] | The $10,000 was supposed to be $100. | 那一万块本来应该是一百块的 |
[15:38] | And I was too embarrassed to ask for it back. | 只是我脸皮太薄不好意思要回来 |
[15:40] | Boyle, I need to come clean too. | Boyle 我也得向你坦白 |
[15:43] | I knew you made a mistake. | 我早就知道你搞错了 |
[15:45] | – I was just messing with you. – You were? | – 我就是逗你玩的 – 是吗 |
[15:46] | – Obviously! – Okay. | – 当然了 – 好啊 |
[15:48] | Look, Boyle, it’s great that you’re trying to do better, | 听着 Boyle 你试着做的更好 这很棒 |
[15:50] | but the way you’re doing it is kind of messed up. | 但是你实施的方法有点本末倒置了 |
[15:52] | If you want to do something about these issues, | 如果你想要为这些问题做点什么 |
[15:54] | you have to do it because you think it’s the right thing, | 只有当你觉得它是正确的 你才要去做这个 |
[15:56] | not because you want me to know about it. | 而不是因为你想要我知道才去做 |
[15:58] | That just makes stuff weird between us. | 这只会让咱俩的关系变味 |
[16:00] | You’re right. | 说的没错 |
[16:01] | You’re right. I won’t be as performative. | 说的没错 我不会再做这些表面功夫 |
[16:04] | I just donated to a great charity, | 我刚把捐钱给大慈善组织了 |
[16:06] | but I won’t tell you which one or how much. | 但我不会告诉你我捐给谁捐了多少 |
[16:08] | Good for you. | 干得不错 |
[16:10] | For Black trans women. It was $1,000. | 是给黑色跨性别女性群体 我捐了一千块 |
[16:13] | Dear Lord. I got out of there 45 minutes ago. | 我去 我可是45分钟前就出来了 |
[16:16] | Why were you in there so long? | 你怎么在里面呆了那么久 |
[16:17] | O’Sullivan wouldn’t let me leave | O’Sullivan不让我走 |
[16:18] | until he had explained to me why reverse racism was worse than | 直到他跟我解释清为什么逆向种族主义更糟糕 |
[16:20] | as he called it, classic racism. | 跟他口中的”传统种族主义”相比 |
[16:22] | How’d you know I’d be here? | 你怎么知道我在这的 |
[16:24] | I bumped into Scully, and he told me everything. | 我碰到了Scully 他什么都跟我讲了 |
[16:25] | He was really worried | 他特别担心 |
[16:26] | you weren’t gonna take his toilet advice. | 你不听他关于厕所的建议 |
[16:27] | Well, thanks for saving me in there. | 行吧 谢谢你在里面救我一命 |
[16:29] | Yeah, of course. | 当然 这算啥 |
[16:30] | You know I’ve always got your back. | 你知道我会一直挺你的 |
[16:31] | And I’m not trying to make a point. | 我不是想说明什么 |
[16:32] | I’m just here to help. | 我就只是来帮忙的 |
[16:34] | Well, you did, ’cause I got the footage. | 你的确帮上忙了 我拿到视频了 |
[16:36] | Oh, I’m gonna have to delete this. | 哦 这我不删可不行啊 |
[16:40] | Yeah. | 可不 |
[16:41] | Oh, wait, you’re not joking. | 哦 等下 你不是开玩笑的 |
[16:45] | Oh, no. You’re a villain! | 哦 不 你是大反派 |
[16:49] | Why’d you delete it? | 你干嘛要删了 |
[16:50] | You said you’d help us if we got proof. | 你说过要是我们有证据就帮我们的 |
[16:52] | Yeah, but I didn’t think you’d get proof | 是啊 但我可没想过你们能找到证据 |
[16:53] | Get proof, I thought you just, you know, get proof. | 找证据 我以为你们就是 你懂的 就是找证据 |
[16:55] | There’s proof and there’s proof. | 证据哪都有 |
[16:56] | You got the wrong kind of proof. | 你们就找到了不对的证据 |
[16:57] | I don’t know how much clearer I can be. | 我觉得我话说得够明白的了 |
[16:58] | So you were never gonna help us? | 所以你从一开始就没想帮我们 |
[16:59] | I am helping you. | 我是在帮你们啊 |
[17:00] | I can still get the charges against your client dropped. | 我还是可以撤销对你们委托人的指控的 |
[17:02] | Now that I saw that footage, | 现在我看到了视频 |
[17:04] | I’ll get my officers to revise their statements. | 我会让我的警官修改证词 |
[17:06] | And they’ll be punished? | 然后他们就会受到惩罚吗 |
[17:07] | No, there’s no way I can suspend them. | 没门 我不可能停职他们 |
[17:08] | Suspend? I thought you would fire them. | 停职 我还以为你会炒了他们 |
[17:11] | Oh, you’re being serious now. | 哦 你没在开玩笑啊 |
[17:12] | Huh, I guess jokes aren’t our thing. | 哈 我猜我们就不适合开玩笑 |
[17:14] | Well, if I fired them, | 这样 如果解雇他们 |
[17:16] | it would trigger the union’s appeal process. | 就会触发工会的上诉程序 |
[17:18] | PBA’s grievance proceedings | 警察福利协会的申诉程序 |
[17:20] | allow for both unions and individual officers | 允许工会和个别警员 |
[17:22] | to challenge personnel actions by superiors. | 对上级人事行动提出质疑 |
[17:23] | The complaint gets sent up the chain of command | 投诉会被发送到指挥系统 |
[17:25] | till they get someone who sides with the officers. | 直到他们找到跟警官站在同一方的人 |
[17:27] | And the courts are a nightmare. | 法庭也是要命 |
[17:29] | Prosecutors work closely with cops. | 检察官跟警察来往密切 |
[17:30] | They’re not gonna jeopardize their relationship | 他们不会愿意伤及他们的关系的 |
[17:32] | by pursuing cases against them. | 所以他们才不会乐意起诉对方呢 |
[17:33] | All the officer has to say is he feared for his life, | 警员只要说担心自己有生命危险 |
[17:35] | and it gets thrown out. | 事情就都解决了 |
[17:36] | Look, we know all of this, | 听着 这些我们都知道 |
[17:37] | but that doesn’t mean you just give up. | 但这不意味着你就该直接放弃啊 |
[17:39] | Okay, so say I don’t give up and I get the commissioner | 好 假设我没放弃还去找了局长 |
[17:41] | to agree to fire the officers. | 让他同意解雇这些警员 |
[17:43] | Do you know what happens next? | 你知道之后会发生什么吗 |
[17:44] | – They’d file a countersuit. – Yes. | – 他们会提起反诉 – 没错 |
[17:46] | And the officers get paid to stay at home. | 警员就会带薪休假 |
[17:48] | Not to mention qualified immunity. | 更不用提附条件豁免权 |
[17:50] | And now the officers are back on the street | 现在 警员们重返街道 |
[17:52] | and I am blackballed. | 我却被拉黑了 |
[17:54] | And then one of the only female captains in the NYPD | 在这之后纽约警局唯一的女警监 |
[17:57] | is forced to quit. | 只能被逼辞职 |
[17:58] | And you don’t want me gone. I’m one of the good ones. | 你们不会想要我下岗的 我可是好人 |
[18:00] | And I know how that sounds, | 我知道听着不像 |
[18:01] | but I’m not one of the bad ones who say they’re one of the good ones. | 但我不是那种满口说着自己是好警察的坏警察 |
[18:03] | I’m one of the good ones who say they’re one of the good ones. | 我是那种会说自己是好警察的好警察之一 |
[18:05] | Yeah, I hear it, Rosa. | 嗯 我都听到了 Rosa |
[18:07] | You can stop staring daggers at me. Let’s just go. | 你不用再朝我扔眼刀了 我们走吧 |
[18:09] | Sir, do you have a minute? | 长官 现在有空吗 |
[18:10] | I wanted to apologize. | 我想要道歉 |
[18:12] | Being back at work has been…weird. | 回来工作的感觉 有点怪怪的 |
[18:15] | Rosa’s gone, and the world has changed. | Rosa走了 这个世界翻天覆地 |
[18:18] | And you were the one person | 你又是唯一一个 |
[18:19] | I thought I could count on to be the same. | 我觉得不会改变的 |
[18:22] | Always Holt. | 总是Holt |
[18:23] | I know I’ve been acting crazy, and I’m sorry. | 我知道我有点疯 对不起 |
[18:30] | Do you know why I engaged in small talk with you earlier? | 你知道为什么我之前跟你闲聊吗 |
[18:33] | Because small talk is for strangers and con men, | 因为只有陌生人和骗子才会闲聊 |
[18:35] | and that’s what I am to you now, a stranger. | 我现在对你就是如此 一个陌生人 |
[18:37] | No. I did it because… | 不是的 我这样做是因为 |
[18:41] | I am a con man. | 我是骗子 |
[18:43] | I was trying to con you | 我想要骗你 |
[18:45] | into believing everything is normal with me | 让你相信我的生活还在正轨 |
[18:47] | when…it is not. | 然而 现实却相反 |
[18:53] | Kevin and I have separated. | Kevin和我分居了 |
[18:54] | Oh, my God. | 哦 我的天 |
[18:58] | Why? | 为什么啊 |
[19:01] | It’s been a tough year to be a Black man… | 今年是很艰难的一年 对于一个黑人 |
[19:05] | and a police captain… | 一名警监 |
[19:08] | and a human. | 和一个人来说 |
[19:10] | I’ve been pushed to the brink emotionally and physically. | 情感和身体上都处于崩溃的边缘 |
[19:13] | I went into survival mode, | 我进入了生存模式 |
[19:15] | and it seems I have… neglected my personal life. | 最后看起来 我忽视了我的个人生活 |
[19:21] | – Does anyone else know? – Not here. | – 还有别人知道吗 – 这的人没有了 |
[19:24] | I have successfully hidden it for months– | 我已经成功伪装了几个月 |
[19:26] | not very well, I might add. | 有可能也没那么成功 |
[19:28] | I made small talk with Peralta on five separate occasions, | 我单独跟Peralta闲聊了五次 |
[19:30] | and he never even batted an eye. | 但他连眼睛都没多眨一下 |
[19:32] | He just blathered on about someone named…Wario. | 只是在喋喋不休地讲一个叫”瓦力欧”的人 |
[19:35] | Yeah, he does that. | 是啊 是他能干出来的事 |
[19:36] | But you… | 但你 |
[19:40] | You noticed that something was off with me | 你注意到了我有些不寻常 |
[19:43] | the very first day you returned. | 就在你回来的第一天 |
[19:44] | That just shows how well you know me. | 这表明了你有多了解我 |
[19:48] | And while I’m not yet ready to talk about it, | 尽管如今我还没准备好谈这事 |
[19:50] | it’s nice… | 但这很好 |
[19:53] | feeling like I’m not alone anymore. | 感觉我好像不再是孤身一人 |
[19:55] | And that’s thanks to you… | 也要谢谢你 |
[19:59] | Raymy Raymy. | |
[20:04] | Just so you know, I am not Raymy. | 就是说一声 我不是Raymy |
[20:07] | We are Raymy. | 我们才是Raymy |
[20:09] | – Just be glad I said it. – Totally. | – 就说你很高兴就行了 – 没问题 |
[20:10] | Yes, I am. Thank you, sir. | 没错我可高兴了 谢谢你 长官 |
[20:12] | So those cops are just gonna keep walking the streets | 所以这些条子还是会继续走在街上 |
[20:14] | doing this crap with no consequences? | 毫无顾忌地做着这种烂事吗 |
[20:16] | I’m sorry. We really tried. | 很抱歉 我们尽力了 |
[20:19] | I guess getting the charges dropped was something, | 能撤销指控也算是帮到忙了 |
[20:21] | so thanks… | 谢谢 |
[20:23] | to Rosa because you’re not a cop. | 只谢Rosa因为你不是警察 |
[20:26] | I’ll hook you up with those five stars on Yelp. | 我会给你的服务打个五星好评的 |
[20:33] | – That was rough. – Yep. | – 不容易啊 – 是 |
[20:35] | Hey, so look, | 嘿 听着 |
[20:37] | I’m really sorry about everything. | 对这一切我很抱歉 |
[20:40] | I was projecting my insecurities onto you, | 我把我的不安投射在你身上 |
[20:42] | and that was wrong. | 这是不对的 |
[20:43] | And I like to think I’ve done a lot of good as a detective | 我想让自己觉得我从业警探这事行了不少善 |
[20:46] | and that I can continue to do that, but… | 我可以继续这样做下去 但 |
[20:54] | Maybe I am part of the problem. | 也许我也是问题的一部分 |
[20:56] | Regardless, you’re dealing with things in your own way, | 不管如何 你正用你自己的方式处理问题 |
[21:00] | and I get that it’s not on you | 我也明白了你没有义务 |
[21:01] | to make me feel okay about my choices. | 让我对我自己的选择感到满意 |
[21:04] | Apology accepted. | 接受道歉 |
[21:06] | And just because our choices are different | 就因为我们的选择不同 |
[21:08] | doesn’t mean we’re not family. | 并不意味着我们不是一家人 |
[21:09] | Like “The Fast and the Furious.” | 就像<速度与激情> |
[21:10] | – No. – Right. No, not like that. | – 不 – 不 不是那种的 |
[21:12] | This is different, obviously. | 很明显 不是一种 |
[21:14] | The main point is, | 重点是 |
[21:15] | you think I made the right decision staying on the force. | 你觉得我留在警队的选择是正确的 |
[21:17] | – Jake! – I know. I’m kidding. | – Jake – 我知道 开玩笑的 |
[21:18] | I don’t even care what you think. | 我根本就不在乎你怎么想的 |
[21:19] | Your opinion is literally meaningless to me, loser. | 你的意见对我来说分文不值 蠢货 |
[21:22] | Yeah, now you swung too far in the opposite direction. | 好了 你现在有点转的太远了哈 |
[21:23] | I felt that. It’s a hard line to walk, so… | 我感觉到了 这条路可不好走 所以 |
[21:28] | I’ll work on it. | 我会努力的 |
[21:36] | Yeah. | 嗯 |